[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/5eg/ - Fifth Edition General

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 341
Thread images: 28

File: smug frog with caterpillar.jpg (51KB, 499x499px) Image search: [Google]
smug frog with caterpillar.jpg
51KB, 499x499px
D&D 5th Edition General Discussion

Smug Bullywug Edition

>Official /5eg/ Mega Trove v3:
https://mega.nz/#F!BUdBDABK!K8WbWPKh6Qi1vZSm4OI2PQ

>Community DMs Guild trove
>Submit to [email protected], cleaning available!
https://mega.nz/#F!UA1BhCBS!Oul1nsYh15qJvCWOD2Wo9w

>Pastebin with resources and so on:
http://pastebin.com/X1TFNxck

>/5eg/ Discord server
https://discord.gg/0rRMo7j6WJoQmZ1b

>Old thread >>48377997
>>
File: bullywug.jpg (51KB, 736x833px) Image search: [Google]
bullywug.jpg
51KB, 736x833px
>go to make new thread
>stop for a second to watch a video
>frogposter ninjas me
Life is suffering.
>>
So I understand this is for 5th Ed but I have a question about Ad20 if anyone is willing to help me with it or even knows what the fuck i'm talking about.
>>
>>48383934
Then make a thread for it instead of posting here.
>>
File: smug frog.jpg (52KB, 499x499px)
smug frog.jpg
52KB, 499x499px
You're DMing and the new player wants to make a bullywug rogue named Pepe. How do you proceed? His bullywug player race homebrew is pretty good.
>>
>>48383966
This is a cosmic horror campaign, what the fuck James
>>
>>48383940
I rather not just over one question but fair enough
>>
Why has Pepe been stolen by the far-right republicans and how can we make him whole again

He used to be an universal symbol of unity
>>
quick question. Can you cast a spell with a shield and no weapon equipped without the warcaster feat?
>>
Kobold cleric here.

What feat should I take between Lucky, Healer, Alert and Warcaster?

Alert makes sense, as does lucky, healer seems useful, but warcaster is the obvious choice. Thoughts/opinions?
>>
>>48384466
You have a free hand. So of course
>>
>>48384492
+2 Wis
>>
So I've just finished Phandelver with my group and decided to say that the Forge of Spells given some time and rituals can use it to craft magic items again. How do I give the players a forge that crafts magic items without breaking the game but while keeping it interesting?

I know there's magic item crafting rules in the DMG and I was thinking of just using those but only making the caster pay 1/3 of the cost. I was also thinking the Wizard could go on more quests to unlock its power. So for now it only forges common or uncommon items but can eventually go up to legendary. The next phase of the adventure will be a big hex sandbox over the sword coast and the mine will be the players base of operations.
>>
>>48384669
Full cost, but make crafting take less time. Time is the big stalling factor in magic item creation. Making the items -cheaper- will get OP, making it so they can still spend the same to get items faster is more balanced.

To make things more balanced, allow them to sacrifice items to the forge to "build up charge" and produce other items. Magic in, magic out. Gives them a reason to go into ancient tombs and such, searching for treasure troves of magical items that may not be useful to them, but can at least be scrapped for good stuff.
>>
I last played at 3.5 when my group was 16. They were all playing edgy characters that were OP as fuck custom characters. I'd like to try this again, 9 years later.

Any chance a 5e game does not turn them into edgelords?
Is it hard to learn, and how is it compared to 3.5e?
>>
>>48384745
>Any chance a 5e game does not turn them into edgelords?
Depends on the players, not the game. But unless your DM encourages murderhoboing, it'll be fine... I think.

>Is it hard to learn, and how is it compared to 3.5e?
It's easier. How much is a bit hard for me to say since I almost went strait to 5e. But in general they took out a lot of the 'trap' options and they made it easy to learn the rules. It's the easiest D&D game to learn by far.
>>
>>48384790
>Depends on the players, not the game.
Yeah, I'm gonna guess we all aged well enough since.
> It's the easiest D&D game to learn by far.
Excellent. Let me download some rule books. I'm sure I'll be back with plenty of questions.
>>
>>48384492
You don't need healer, if you are already a cleric, that feat is more for groups, that lack healing.

Alert is interesting, but too often it fucks the DM's surprises up making the game a bit boring imo.

Warcaster is absolutely necessary, if your DM cares whether you can cast a spell without free hands or not, but the concentration advantage is always pretty good making it unbelievable good for frontline-clerics.

Don't know, which Domain you are, but warcaster should be the best for a cleric as long as +2 wis isn't for debate here.
>>
>>48384745
>Is it hard to learn, and how is it compared to 3.5e?
Easier than 3.5, but if you remember how to play 3rd you'll be almost ready to go with 5th out of the box anyway.
>>
>>48384697

I love both those ideas thanks!

How much shorter would be reasonable do you think? I'm thinking make it so 100GP of the item is made per day instead of 25 by RAW so an uncommon item is made in 5 days rather than 20?
>>
>>48383880
>>48383966
Fuck off, frogposter.
>>
>>48384816
arcana cleric. as backline as it gets. already have 20 wis, so i think im going with lucky. Warcaster would really only get me advantage with concentration and spellcasting as OAs.
>>
>>48384961
Shitposting shitposts is still shitposting, anon. Just ignore it.
>>
>>48384507
On a similar note, how would it go with a bow?

My understanding is they're only 2h while firing, so if I just have it at hand in case of silence etc I should be fine to cast, but after using the bow I'll need to pick up my focus, yeah?
>>
>>48384697
>To make things more balanced, allow them to sacrifice items to the forge to "build up charge" and produce other items.
I always thought 4e's residuum was a good idea, in moderation.

For general advice, I say if you quest for materials and magical processes the cost of creating the item should be significantly lower than buckling down and throwing money at it. Save some time too.
>>
>>48385071
You should be able to stow your focus with your one free object interaction. Drawing arrows doesn't count against that.
>>
>>48385071
>>48385129
And on top of that, you could just use a component pouch. The only downside is missing out on enchanted focuses.
>>
>>48384492
>>48384816
Wasn't it confirmed awhile ago that Cleric and Paladin can cast spell while holding a shield.

http://www.sageadvice.eu/2014/11/26/holy-symbol-replace-somatic-components/
>>
My group homebrews that you can play any race, and replace the normal ASI with +2 and +1 to any stat (except human/V.human and half-elf, though HE's can add their +2 to Charisma to something else).

Does anyone else do this? Seeing "Edgy Tiefling Sorcerer #201" or "Generic Half-Orc Barbarian #362" gets boring after a while.
>>
>>48385313
I always thought your class should give you an attribute bonus to it's primary stat, and your race should give you flavorful abilities. It just seems to make more sense to me. As it stands, there is very little reason to go 'off type'.
>>
If your Arcane Focus is a crystal, would it be feasibly small enough to attach to a necklace/bracelet?
>>
>>48385363
Arcane focus crystal weighs a pound. That's a fairly noticable weight to be part of jewellery, though not impossible. Also they would still need a hand free to use the focus.
>>
>>48385313

I get you on not wanting to see the same class/race combos over and over again. Though I will say that at the moment, I'm playing a non-optimized class/race combo, and I don't feel powerless. It's not like in the 3.x days where you really were setting yourself back if you tried playing a gnome fighter or half-orc bard. You're not doing it wrong if you don't start with an 18 in your main stat anymore.
>>
>>48385313

No I like races having variety rather than being identical and in 5E there's no negative modifiers anyway so you're never going to be bad at anything just sometimes not as good.

Half-Orc Wizards are therefore pretty good fun to play and everything is a trope anyway and tropes are fun.
>>
xth for 5e sorcerers are shit

>literally born from dragons
>cannot become a dragon

meanwhile

>read some books and shit
>oh look i concentrated for an hour and now i'm a dragon forever

like what is the reason the sorc spell list is so shit? you can't even say "muh twinned spell" for things like true poly since it doesn't even need conc. after an hour. they don't even get fucking shapechange or wall of force because fluff-wise, they're "too complicated" for a sorcerer to use and yet they get teleportation circle? W.A.T.
>>
So I had a Warlock player who just hit Level 3. Instead of just giving him the Pact Boon right then and there, I decided to introduce it later.

His patron is the Great Old One and he left the speccific identity of his patron up to me. He chose the blade pact. What would be a good way to introduce the pact item thematically? What's an interesting way the pact boon would be delivered to them?
>>
>>48383932
Not only that, but he includes his meme discord server too.

You really fucked up anon.
>>
>>48386093
Dreams are always good.

Where is the character and what are they doing?
>>
>>48386007
Being smart is more powerful than being gifted (or strong) in nerd game. Water is wet.
>>
>>48386007
Oh look at the time, we're in for a "why do sorcerers even exist" discussion. Sorcerers trade flexibility for more spell slots.
>>
Any good reliably balanced 3pp resources?
>>
>>48386093
Contacts him through a freaky dream. PC wakes up with the weapon in his hand and lodged in the head of some dude that was just about to kill him in his sleep.
>>
>>48386093
PC wakes up one day with an unbearable itch on his main arm. The itch nearly drives him mad, to the point where he's considering cutting open his own arm along the itch to see what is causing it.

If he does so, he finds a needle buried under his newly opened veins. Upon being exposed to fresh air, the needle transforms into his favorite type of weapon, before vanishing, leaving the PC secure in the knowledge that the next time he summons the blade will involve much less of his blood, and much more of his foes'
>>
>>48386183
He just hopped off a ship, about to spend the day on the continent's largest port. Lot of taverns, shipyards, brothels, ect. Skeevy place.
>>
>>48386240
There hasn't been an OGL since 3e anon. WotC has learned their lesson.
>>
>>48386228
>more spell slots

what even is arcane/natural recovery?
>>
I'm a guy coming from PF.
Since most of my group is generally tired of the minmax optimising woohoo the sessions of late has become we've been looking to 5e.

Is there any major differences to DM-ing attitude I should take note of? Like less gold rewards?

Also we have a guy who always plays a super specific build, like a siege mage with 20 familiars who fires siege weapons for him thus destroying the action economy along with my heart, which says he doesn't like 5e due to the lack of options for quirky builds. How do I convince him otherwise?

Also any great level 3~ APs?
>>
So I have a problem with carrying capacity and the attribute cap.
Apparently the most you can carry, assuming you pass mortal limits and get a Str of 30, is 30x15 for a total of 450lbs. Lifting, you get a grand total of 900lbs.
Meet Pic related, Paul Anderson. He holds the world record for the heaviest thing ever lifted. Using a back lift, he lifted 6,270lbs. This means he beats nor only the mortal limit, but also the supernatural limit as well.
I guess he is secretly a god by 5e standards.
>>
>>48386650
Don't convince him otherwise.
Don't even tell him you're playing.
>>
File: 1469026598088.jpg (116KB, 470x708px)
1469026598088.jpg
116KB, 470x708px
>>48386840
Make feat that lets you carry what you deem necessary
>>
File: 1467418813338.pdf (1B, 486x500px)
1467418813338.pdf
1B, 486x500px
>>
>>48386650
Tell him that his super specific build isn't quirky after the Xth time running it, and at that point he's just a munchkin who can either get with the program or leave.

But it is possible to have a somewhat similar build.

>>48386840
IIRC the lifting and carrying thing is how much you can carry around all day everyday. For short bursts of strength, I would make you roll athletics.
>>
>>48386840
No one uses the encumbrance rules, not even reality.
>>
>>48386970
Oops, forgot the similar build:
Take Conjure Woodland Beings. Convince the DM that the caster gets to choose what is summoned. Summon 8 pixies.
>>
File: Triggered.gif (1MB, 320x180px)
Triggered.gif
1MB, 320x180px
>Roll20 5e campaign for IRL characters to go into the fantasy world
>The application requires you to make an "average midwestern person"
>90% of the characters are from Chicago
>>
>>48387099
FIBs, the lot of them, I tell ya. Always driving through my town on the way to ruin Door County.
>>
>>48386093
He first receives a vision of an undulating mass of chaos, then learns to summon it to his hand and later into useful weapons. Of course, with that fluff he might try to make non-weapons out of it but that'd hardly break anything.
>>
Would you let a character use two "light armor" formulas to combine into a "medium" armor formula? Something like dragon sorcerer and barbarian unarmed defense for example.
Is it broken?
>>
>>48387302
Yes. If they want better AC they can invest in a goddamn armor
>>
>>48387200
Honestly, the blade pact should be non weapons anyways.

Let the warlocks summon pact thieves tools and be proficient in their use.

Let the warlocks summon pact Artisans tools and be proficient in their use.

Etc, etc. It gives the blade pact a kind of utility that the other pacts don't have, and brings it closer to their level.
>>
>>48387347
The blade pact should let you cast spells at melee range, against a melee range target, without disadvantage. Fluff it as hitting them with the weapon after charging it with a spell. Maybe even let them use the weapon as the focus so they can have a shield too, to make up for the lack of medium armour prof.
>>
>>48387326
But they invested character options in attaining medium like armor class while fluff wise being unarmored.
Say a player wants to make a lizard folk monk. How can you represent the natural armor of the lizard folk and the unarmored defence at the same time? Maybe 12+dex+wis?
Again I'm just trying to give him the equivalent of medium armor for his effort.
>>
>>48387390
Still think it's funny that grabbing Crossbow Expert and Warcaster makes you a better melee lock than blade pact does.
>>
>>48387390
Melee spell attacks already don't have disadvantage for close range. If you want to make ranged spell attacks against someone within 5 feet of you without disadvantage, that will result in never using your pact weapon again, since it removes the only weakness of Eldritch Blast.
>>
>>48387302
>>48387470

There's a reason why some shit doesn't stack, Anon. The fact that you can only choose one method to calculate your AC places a limit on AC that is necessary for bounded accuracy to still be a thing.
>>
>>48387099
What's wrong with that? They're all from the same city; that makes way more sense than having them be from hundreds of miles apart.
>>
>>48386840
Did he walk around with it? Because your max lifting capacity represents the max you can walk around with at a speed of 5 ft. So unless he can make it a distance of 10 feet with that load in 6 seconds, it shouldn't count.
>>
Why the fuck is Aventurers League such a goddam dumpster fire? 5e's got a much better rule set for public play but AL makes PFS look competent by comparison.
>>
>>48386650
First and most refreshing: 5e changes it from "mother may I" and "you need a feat to do that" to "sure, roll <stat>."

Also the game pretty much assumes you start at level 3 (first and second levels are for the first and second sessions to teach new players the game).
>>
>>48387529
>Having medium or higher armor class breaks bounded accuracy and therefore the whole game.
>>
>>48387491
And I feel like that's not a terrible thing. The damage of EB is generally regarded as 'fair', so there's no balance issue there - whereas trying to tack things onto the pact to make conventional melee attacks viable for the Bladelock will result in giving them a laundry list of bonuses, and they'll still be MAD and missing proficiencies in the end. I also feel like the magical nature of the weapon negates some of the flavour issues of attacking with CHA and a dagger 'dealing' d10s, but I admit it leaves the problem of a dagger doing the same as a greataxe. Perhaps different weapon forms could grant different bonuses? I seem to recall something like that in 4e. Either way, I do think that's the simplest solution for tuning up the Blade pact.
>>
>>48386650
> Is there any major differences to DM-ing attitude I should take note of? Like less gold rewards?
There is probably going to be a lot less gold, but 5e is more loosey-goosey with material rewards. Much less of your character's power comes from equipment in 5e, and there's a lot less that you can buy with vast sums of gold unless you want to build a headquarters or something.
> he doesn't like 5e due to the lack of options for quirky builds. How do I convince him otherwise?
Tell him that's the point. If his goal is to hack to rules to prove what a special snowflake he is, gently guide him away from that goal and toward something more conducive to the rest of the table having fun. Maybe even have him try to explain a character concept for you without mentioning any game rules and then have you make the character for him.

>Also any great level 3~ APs?
If by AP you mean a long series of linked adventures that take players from low to high level, people seem to like Out of the Abyss and Curse of Strahd. If you just mean adventures, I like Palace of the Crowned Skull (in the megatrove)
>>
>>48384669
Count the forge as a number helpers, increasing as it gets upgraded. Or do>>48384697
>>
>>48387579
If you're combining two things, it probably won't break the game on its own. But changing the rules in that way would allow you to combine every single thing that exists.
>>
>>48387553
If Chicago is Midwestern, then fucking Ohio is midwestern too, which it fucking isn't
>>
>>48387755
I can't find a single map of the Midwest that has a Chicago-sized hole in it. If you meant "rural Midwest," that's what you should have said.
>>
>>48387620
The main problem with the blade pact is that it wants to be a bigger fraction of its class than other warlock pacts are.

Different classes allocate a different amount of space to their respective subclasses. Wizard subclasses are relatively small, while ranger subclasses are huge and define the majority of how the class plays. Warlock is the one class that gets two different kinds of subclass (patron and pact,) and by necessity both subclasses have to be pretty small. However, the Pact of the Blade is trying to completely reinvent how its class plays, transforming it from a Charisma based spellcaster who stays in the back and shoots excellent ranged spells to a Strength or Dexterity based melee fighter who stays in the front and swings swords. None of the core warlock features support this second style of play (Except for the Hex spell, sort of.) So the result is a spellcaster with a paper-thin veneer of fighting on top that people try to play as though it were a fighter.
>>
>>48387566
Well, like I said, the carrying capacity is 450, i.e., 30str x 15. It then says you can push, drag or lift twice that number, for total of 900lbs. So with his lift of 6,270 divided by two, his carrying capacity is 3,135. Divided by 15 to find his strength score, his total strength is 209, more than 10 times the mortal limit.

In short, by every metric, carrying capacity and other weight limits fall apart looking at this guy. A normal human in a world with no magic to enhance his strength.
>>
Are grapple builds viable in 5e?
>>
>>48387978
There's a big difference between slowly carrying an object around while holding it off the ground and pushing or dragging it along the ground. The fact that both values are the same in 5e tells you that the encumbrance rules are heavily abstracted because nobody uses them anyway.
>>
>>48387568
Interesting opinion. Care to elaborate? I play adventure league because my home group refused to play it, clinging to 3.5 instead. As far as I can tel AL does not really change any rules. The only notable rules AL has that the general 5e does not is no PvP and the ability to change your character's class and race around until level 5. I will admit the latter rule is a bit shitty but its not that bad.
>>
>>48388009
Depends on the rest of the party. There's no "pinning" - you can shove a creature prone while you're grappling it, but in no case do you stop it from making attacks. You can hold a creature down so that it can't reach more fragile party members, and you can give your melee friends advantage against the target by keeping it prone, but you're giving up attacks that otherwise would have done damage, and a prone enemy is actually harder to hit with ranged attacks. So your party's rogue will like you, but your party's archer will not.
>>
>>48387568
Really? I much prefer Adventurers League over PFS because of the lack of paperwork. All the goddamn paperwork and draconian rules regarding which adventures were legal to play in which areas were what scared me away from Living Greyhawk back in the day.
>>
>>48388009
Yes, yes they are. There are many, many different ways of going about it though.
>>
>>48388019
I'm not even talking encumbrance, or even just carrying it around. I am just talking how much you can lift, which is a separate set of rules. Without moving he can lift 6,270. It also stands to reason that, using bracing and friction, you could push that much weight.

We also ignore the encumbrance rule, but we take carrying capacity into account for gear and carrying people.

For me, I think the issue is how the weight calculation is done. In say Pathfinder, his strength is a reasonable 40.

I think I will just talk it over with the rest of the group and try and work out a homebrew rule for how to calculate how much you can lift.

Any ideas?
>>
>>48385288
They can use their shield as a focus, but that only counts for spells that use material components. If a spell requires semantic without material then they need a free hand to cast (sans warcaster).
It's pretty comtrived in my opinion so I don't enforce it as such.
>>
>>48387568
I'm trying to figure out what you are having such a big problem with. The only AL specific rules I can think of are reworking your character (both before level 5 and when new material comes out). And limiting you to only one splat book of your choice (there like... 1.5 splats, so this couldn't be it).

Other than that there are different rules for each seasons, like Curse of strahds dark powers res.
>>
>>48388168
It sounds like you won't be satisfied until you've made a whole table with lifting and dragging capacity for each possible Strength score based on the statistical distribution of human lifting ability, with 0 being zero, 10.5 being the human average, and 20 being the human maximum. From there I guess you find the line of best fit and extrapolate for scores between 21 and 30.
>>
What happened to the print buttons in the Homebrewery?
>>
>>48388216
I suppose so. I'll probably make it so that the absolute max you can lift at 20 str is 6,270. and find what the human lifting average is world wide, and try and evenly distribute it, with a bit of escalation as you go higher.

I just find it odd that, in a game where you are exceptional, with each mortal limit being above what people can do in real life in some cases, for strength for some reason to be so laughably weak compared to real life examples, is a tad odd.

I don't even play fighters, more of a caster myself, I just found it unfair to other players.

That, and potion miscibility finally returning, and the potion of Storm Giants strength existing, there is a small chance one of the party could end up with that kind of strength permanently.
>>
File: 1468299187456.jpg (45KB, 500x672px) Image search: [Google]
1468299187456.jpg
45KB, 500x672px
>>
>>48386228
So you're saying they're more flexible than wizards? I can see that in some ways, but the better spells for the wizard is tough to argue against.
>>
>>48388355
Are you/is your DM really playing with the optional potion miscibility rules? What have the results been so far?
>>
>>48388399
Metamagic, and bloodlines. Just wait for the rediculous 3pp bloodlines, Wild Magic is already amazing if your GM allows a d20 roll after EVERY spell.
>>
>>48387470
Barbarian UD is already equivalent to medium armor most of the time.
>>
>>48388451
3pp?
>>
>>48387486
Like ritual caster and magic initiate?
>>
>>48388462
3rd party publisher.
I guess it would be called a splat book here
>>
>>48388474
hahahaha.
>>
>>48388451
Yeah, lots of other classes are great if you're allowed to break the rules, too.

You don't get to roll to see if you get a surge after you cast a cantrip, only a spell of 1st level or higher. This places a pretty hard limit on how many surges you can expect to receive.
>>
>>48388451
>3rd party shit mattering
gb2/pfg/
>>
I see comments frequently about changing racial traits into something closer to cultural traits. Has anyone gone through this completely and made a PDF/etc?
>>
>>48388493
He pretty clearly doesn't mean that.
You don't roll for it after every spell level 1 or higher either, the GM decides when to do it.
>>
File: Man of lol.gif (3MB, 640x266px) Image search: [Google]
Man of lol.gif
3MB, 640x266px
>>48388493
>Following stupid RAW because it's RAW
>>
>>48388089
>>48388120
>>48388211

Eh, don't mind me. It's inside-baseball shit because I had a playgroup blow the fuck up because certain characters played differently at different tables based on who was DMing, the organizers toed a party line of "whatever the DM says goes, that's what makes us better than everyone else," and a few players took it out of my ass because portability was a large part of how I recruited them to AL to begin with. Now they're feeling like I lied to them, I'm feeling like I was lied to, and my town just lost so many players and friends of those players we can't actually field an AL game anymore putting a stop to the final AL game in literally 100 miles and I just wanted to anon-vent.
>>
>>48387967
>None of the core warlock features support this second style of play (Except for the Hex spell, sort of.)
Armor of agathys? Hellish rebuke? Fiendish vigor? Fire shield?
>>
>>48388498
Oh I'm sorry, I'm just enjoying all this CONTENT
>>
>>48387978
Bear totem goliath barbarian making an athletics check. Go.
>>
>>48388535

"The food tastes like shit and I'm always sick later but with portion sizes this large I can't turn it down"
>>
>organized league play of role playing games

Why would people subject themselves to this ever?

>>48388548
What's wrong with pathfinder?
>>
>>48388548

"This small gourmet filet of tuna is fantastic, but it's only 1 oz and it comes with no sides"
>>
>>48388535
lmao its sad but this is probably the best trolling i've seen on 5eg
>>
File: Pugilist.pdf (1B, 486x500px)
Pugilist.pdf
1B, 486x500px
Has somebody played or DM'd for a Pugilist?

The class seems fine but I have some issues with the Moxie points.

> When an enemy creature deals damage to you that causes you to lose hit points equal to half your level or higher (not temporary hit points) you gain 1 moxie point, up to your maximum.
This pretty much means you will always be at maximum Moxie early on, at the beginning of almost each of your turn.
Am I wrong in thinking that's a bad thing? Or is it OK since Moxie points are not as powerful as Monks' Ki features? Mostly, the absence of Dodge as a bonus action.

I'm a bit surprised by the mechanics itself, and am honestly considering dropping the whole Moxie Points generation, since it usually isn't done with class features (sorcerers, monks, battlemasters). Maybe making up for it by giving maximum moxie points equal to your level (as with Ki points). I'm not sure.

Otherwise, I like this variant class as a strength-based, streetwise, no-nonsense Monk.
Some features are really well designed. Any insight?
>>
>>48388660
It looks like they're absolute shit at later levels
>>
My friends and I are starting a new 5e campaign, and i haven't been dm in awhile. Anyone have a good plot hook?
>>
>>48388660
I know that the moxie points wre changed from renamed ki to give it more individuality.
>>
>>48388355
If lift is for what you can lift and still walk a bit I would use another value, since -like sombody already said (>>48386970)- that guy probably did not walk with that weight. Maybe use what hafthor walked five steps, which is 1400lbs/640kg
Again: Only if lift is for what you can lift and walk around a bit with.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JpUrXJNcS_8
>>
>>48388429
Well, a few things. There was one time someone got the effects of one of the potion doubled, which gave them just enough of a boost numerically to hit instead of miss, taking down the target. Another time, time we had the potion mixer mix potions using a long set of tongs, so he wasn't killed, but was injured on a roll of one, and another time one of us got poisoned using a healing potion and was out of the fight.

We were unsure about it until we saw Noah Antwiler's Counter Monkey episode on it and decided to say screw it, let's give it a shot. Honestly, I would recommend playing with it. It ads a bit of fun and tension to combat, and even down time. We have begun to consider using the older edition's version of potion miscibility, since low rolls were a lot more dangerous, and balanced out the ludicrous benefits of rolling well.

Currently, some of them are planning on buying up a shit load of potions when we reach high enough level, have a healer on stand by, and then proceed to start chugging potions in hopes of getting a permanent effect. The healer is of course needed for when the roll goes badly.
The plan is to use health potions for bonus hit points, flight potions for, well, flight, and giant's strength potions, because a fighter with 20+ str is awesome, and a wizard with a 20+str is hilarious.
>>
>>48388704
I don't really care about later levels, but what makes you say that?

>>48388719
Yes, I gathered this much. I'm worried about the regeneration mechanism. It seems too good to stay.
>>
>>48388563
Because they have no social skills and can only play in campaigns where they almost cannot be turned away. Other campaigns tend to be invitation-only affairs where you have to be somewhat well-liked or you'll be thrown out or not let in in the first place.
>>
>>48388547
Sorry, don't play barbarians much. Care to elaborate?
>>
>>48388791
>watch a video about how a character randomly explodes to death on his first adventure, shooting flames out of his mouth and anus as he painfully and anticlimactically expires, all because of a goofy AD&D rule that almost everyone ignored at the time
>"Hey, let's do that!"

I don't know whether to pity you or admire you
>>
>>48388844
bearbarians can lift, carry push double the amount
>>
>>48388522
Were the rulings for the characters at least ambiguous or were they flat out cheating? I'm kind of curious why the DMs didn't work together to play ball, the DMs that do AL at my store are pretty close knit and defer to each other on a lot of things and try to make everyones experience largely the same (eg, for strahd only one deck of tarot cards was used for the season)
>>
>>48388844
Both goliaths and barbearians have an ability that doubles their carrying and lifting capacity. Apparently these abilities stack. (I use the old rule where doubling something twice only triples it.)
>>
What are some good supplements that have new races, classes or archetypes?
>>
>>48388527
None of those are a good substitute for heavy armor and a bigger hit die. Especially since most of those are spells and warlocks get a tiny number of spell slots, some of which they must devote to Hexes if they want to keep up with damage
>>
>>48384250
Because the "far-right" is re-unifying the US.
>>
>>48384492
>Kobold cleric here.

Thanks for letting us know you are a shit tier roleplayer. Do you describe your friends like that? "What's Dave like?" "Oh he's a half Ukrainian tax lawyer"

You prove, over and over, that D&D is and always will be a haven for TERRIBLE roleplayers.
>>
>>48385030
Think about resilient for Dex or Con to lower damage from aoes and make concentration easier. Dex lowers aoe damage, which makes the concentration checks easier to pass, as well as Con directly adding to the check.
>>
I have a one shot going on in two and half hours. It's a group of svirfneblin, dark dwarves, drow, and Tieflings eliminating a group of demons in an Abyssal jungle. Think doom meets Vietnam. It's tenth starting level, 30 point buy, 5000 plus 1d10×25 gp, one uncommon magical item, and standard starting gear. Full casters are allowed but must be multiclassed due to the low magic setting. Join here: https://discord.gg/vNhQbDG
>>
>>48388900
>>48388916

Ah. Well in that case, at 30 str, they could lift about 3,600 pounds, Very impressive, but still not at the peak of mortal limits, as it is around 1/2 of Paul Anderson's 6,270 record, who, as a normal human, would be limited to a str of 20.
>>
>>48384745

Far fewer options than 3.5 but simpler. Unless you're willing to homebrew you'll get bored of it in a year . I would suggest pirating the books online to avoid giving any money to the Jews of the Coast.
>>
>>48389006
>asks for build advice
>criticize his roleplaying ability

Come on, at least save your ire for the people who bring broken theorycrafted shit to the table.
>>
>>48388898
Why not both?.jpeg
>>
>>48385460
>You're not doing it wrong if you don't start with an 18 in your main stat anymore.

You never were, dumb fuck. And you could play a fucking orc bard in 3.x just fine. Oh a BLOO BLOO 5 percent different in your spell save DC. it's the same goddamn thing now, just with slight transposition.
>>
>>48388844
Goliath bearbarians can carry 4x the usual capacity for their Strength, no roll required. Which means at 20 Strength they can push/lift/carry about 2400 lbs and still move 10ft per round (6 seconds) if they want to. If they want to lift more, all they need to do is succeed on an Athletics check of a pertinent difficulty. I'd have no trouble allowing them to lift even 10 tons if they rolled really well, obviously for only a short time.
>>
>>48386356

What lesson? The lesson that the OGL reinvigorated role-playing regardless of the quality of the d20 system? Or the lesson where those greedy kikes realized they could steal other people's work and charge them money from it and call it the "DMs guild"?

Shit like this is why 5e is fucking dead content wise. Especially since Wzards is too fucking lazy to even make a second monster manual.
>>
>>48388844

Bearbearians get doubled carrying capacity and advantage on strength checks dealing with weight. Goliaths count as large when carrying or lifting which is worth another double.

Carrying is STR*15 and Lifting is STR*30, so depending on whether you're treating the doubles as additive or multiplicative a STR 20 Goliath Bearbearian either has a standard lift of 20*30*3 or 20*30*2*2, which works out to either 1800 pounds or 2400. If you manage a STR of 30 instead that works out to 2700 or 3600.

So the question then becomes "if I use a lifting technique that doesn't require the use of my hands and use starting blocks for leverage can I roll to momentarily pick up a giant object and set it back down at double what I can just normally lift and hold?" which most DMs would probably go for. That means a lvl 6 Goliath Bearbearian is best-case rolling at advantage for 7200 pounds. Which working backwards means that to lift 6270 pounds would only require a 26.125 in STR.

For perspective, in 5e an elephant has a carry capacity of 1320 and thus a lift of 2640.Nobody outlifts Goliath Bearbearians, and I mean nobody.
>>
>>48389036
How are you bored after a year? I started my first 5e campaign in January of 2015 and I'm only on my 2nd at this time.
>>
>>48389031
If it helps you sleep at night, think of it this way. That guy is a specialist. He's used every modern-day bodybuilding training technique and focused everything on his ability to dead lift stuff, and even then he can only lift 6,270 pounds on his best day. Every other time he's competed he's fallen short of that record. Adventurers are generalists. They fight with weapons or cast spells, travel around in the wilderness, explore dark caves, and deal with hostile cultures in tricky social situations. They're not bodybuilders; they're closer to soldiers in terms of the kind of training they need to undergo. If you take the strongest soldiers in the world and see how much they can dead lift - reliably, not just on their best day - it'll probably be a lot lower than 6,000 pounds.
>>
>>48387568

Adventurer league is for pussies because you can't actually die and half the players are autists. The rest are nice, though.
>>
>>48389136
Some people are relegated to making characters that will never be used instead of playing, because they don't have any friends.
>>
>>48389160
If you can tolerate autists, you can build groups at the LGS. The LGS autists tend to get attached to their characters.
>>
>>48389124
Hm. Well that seems more reasonable.

That said,that still leaves the fact that the 26.125 is 6.125 above what Paul Anderson can lift. Again, 30 is the limit for non mortals. You would need to be able to reach 6270 pounds with a Str of 20, as that is the mortal limit, and the current world record for heaviest weight lifted by a human.
>>
Now that it's been errata'd that everyone has proficiency with unarmed strikes, one of the things Tavern Brawler gives has turned out redundant. What would be a good substitute? Would "double proficiency on unarmed strike attacks" be too much? What about a bonus to unarmored AC?

I have a fighter who took it, the fellow has like 10 Dex, so too much AC shouldn't be a problem.
>>
>>48388901

Bullshit over goodberry clerics and whether an amulet has to be worn on a necklace to count lead to a couple of players feeling like one DM was trying to fuck them over.

The "proposed solution" is that people should only play at the tables of the DMs that give rulings they like and that's gonna be real hard because at this point I'm in full-bore "fuck these people" mode and from what I'm hearing there's not 3 players left.
>>
>>48389144
That makes since with regards to him lifting more than them, but it comes down to the fact that the max a mortal can have is 20 Str, which is what you would expect to have for someone who has dedicated their life to lifting to have. With what you described the average adventure would simply have a lower Str stat.
>>
>>48389332
Then the next step for you would be to go see a professional about that autism of yours.
>>
>>48389280
He's an especialist. And since he can't sustain the 6270lbs and reliably walk around with it, it's clear he rolled really well on his Athletics check. Let's assume 20 Strength (though he could have a bigger score than that, he's the best at it and a world record holder, ffs) and a high proficiency, maybe +5. He probably has Expertise in Athletics, too. That means a +15 to Athletics which could hit the "Nearly Impossible" DC 30. Even with a mere +3 proficiency he could hit a 30. And if someone rolls a 30 Athletics, fuck, they can lift like superman for all I care.
>>
>>48388952
They actually are and you don't have to use hex. Not that you could keep hex up while tanking anyway.
>>
>>48387576
>First and most refreshing: 5e changes it from "mother may I" and "you need a feat to do that" to "sure, roll <stat>."

Name one thing in 4e or 3.5 that you COULD NOT do without a feat.

I used trip and disarm without the feats more than once and it went fucking fine. TG just gets pissy at a system that doesn't spoonfeed them wrestling a fucking tarrasque because "muh fun"

Your fun does not matter.

Fuck off.
>>
>>48388660

> class based on 19th century boxing shit made by steampunk fetishists who fuck their 300 pound girlfriends while wearing aviators goggles and a top hat

This is almost as bad as the Pathfinder adventure that has Mosin Nagants in it.

> reads PDF

No wait, I take it back, it's worse
>>
>>48389447
Firstly, let us assume that if a feat for something exists, you cannot do it without said feat.

Now, consider how many feats exist in 3.5- can't speak for 4e.

In addition, your strawman is shit, as the Tarrasque cannot be grappled without DM fiat, as it is several size categories too large for any PC. Please contain your anger.
>>
File: 12 Classes.png (56KB, 705x420px)
12 Classes.png
56KB, 705x420px
>>48388660
>>48388660
bump
>>
>>48389581
if i recall, that class just gets way too many abilities. i haven't looked at it lately, so i'm that asshole rn, but i remember it being shit
>>
I recently found this homebrew sorcerer origin. Is it balanced enough to play?
>>
>>48389581

6/10. Great art but wizard/sorc/warlock is a bit too ambiguous.
>>
>>48389645
Without looking at the current version, last time I saw it every ability was one for one with a monk ability.
>>
>>48389645

I'd be more concerned with saves and stat boosting. That said it seems to think you should be doing something brawler-esque involving moxie and temporary hit points nearly every turn.
>>
>>48389302
Just let it stack with MA and also let those who took the feat calculate AC as 13+Con mod.
>>
>>48389645
It was my first assumption as well !

But it's actually pretty close to what Monks, and it gets even closer when you take into account the lack of unarmored defense and unarmored movement. They do get some nifty rage-like defensive mechanism, and Haymaker is a good replacement to Stunning Strike as well.
I think they probably hit harder than Monks but don't have the same utility. They probably are a bit tankier if they do get hit, but they don't get Evasion, no Dodge on bonus action, etc.

I appreciate your feedback though.
>>
>>48389524
>Firstly, let us assume that if a feat for something exists, you cannot do it without said feat.

That's a fuck tarded assumption that is completely wrong.
>>
>>48389667
It's fine on its own. It has some strong interaction with Greenflame Blade and Booming Blade, but not really any worse than a warlock using Shillelagh with those.
>>
>>48389667
Instead of bloodmages you made a bat-monk-sorcerer.
I like it.
>>
>>48389432
How do you figure? The main way that warlocks' damage scales is through Eldritch Blast and higher-level spells, neither of which work if you mean to be hitting things with weapons instead of casting spells. After they get Thirsting Blade, bladelocks' damage remains pretty much static for the rest of their progression.
>>
>>48389775
That was the assumption in 3.5, though. I'm not talking about Improved Grapple or whatever, I'm talking about the feats that actually let you do things.

If you could do it without the feat, why does the feat exist?
>>
>>48389667
Is it intentional that it doesn't grant proficiency with unarmed strikes?
>>
>>48389702
> saves and stat boosting
How do you mean?
Proficiency in dexterity saving throw isn't as good as Evasion, is it?
And the stat boosting only occurs at 20th, doesn't it?

> moxie and temporary hit points nearly every turn
Do you think it's balanced? Moxie regeneration seems a bit too strong, to me.
>>
>>48389667

I sincerely hope that's a parody. Darkvision, 1d6 unarmed and Charisma as melee stat at lvl1? What amounts to a concentration-free always on Heroism at 6 alongside an extra attack? At will-polymorph with flight? Cantrip charm person that requires a save to notice?

If you are taking this remotely seriously do yourself a favor and limit yourself to the PHB and the PHB only until you actually learn how to 5e.
>>
>>48389825
Everyone has proficiency in unarmed strike as of latest printings of PHB and errata
>>
>>48389708
AC as 13+Con... I like it, but isn't it a bit too powerful for the feat?
>>
>>48389859
>Spot the guy who doesn't know what the PHB sorcerers can do at high levels.
>>
>>48389886
Not really. Maybe downgrade it to 11+Con mod.

Dragon Sorcerer already gets 13 +Dex mod for free at lvl 1.
>>
>>48389888

He's right there being a numbskull who thinks Draconic Bloodline and Wild Magic get remotely that many benefits with that little drawback. Have you actually read the fucking PHB or are you just confused about what those letters stand for?
>>
>>48389859
>Darkvision
It's a ribbon. Most PCs have it already.
>1d6 unarmed, Charisma for unarmed attacks, extra attack at level 6
Doesn't matter because it's worse than every other option available to sorcerers, including just casting Shocking Grasp. It's fine.
>Temporary HP that refresh every turn
That is indeed rather powerful and might need to be toned down, but I think it's comparable to the defensive bonuses dragon sorcerers get.
>unlimited flight at level 14
Again, dragon sorcerers get it too, and they can even cast spells while flying. Not broken.
>charmed creatures not knowing they were charmed
This is tricky territory. Maybe make it a bit more like the enchantment wizard's features. Maybe just say that the target forgets everything it did while charmed if it fails the extra save.
>>
>>48389964
>>48389970
This guy beat me to it. None of that shit is overpowered and is comparable to what other bloodlines and classes get.
>>
>>48389119
They learned that allowing third party content got them Pathfinder. They only see downsides to allowing other people to play with their toys.
>>
File: ok..jpg (14KB, 300x296px) Image search: [Google]
ok..jpg
14KB, 300x296px
>>48386356
>>48389119
>>48390264
Anons, 5e has an SRD released under the *same exact* licensing scheme as 3e (the OGL). It got released in January.

http://dnd.wizards.com/articles/features/systems-reference-document-srd

>mfw people on 4chan not knowing what they're talking about
>>
File: bob.jpg (60KB, 475x454px) Image search: [Google]
bob.jpg
60KB, 475x454px
>>48390264
But 3pp is the best thing about PF
I'm pretty sure the only reason people play PF is because of all of the fucking content it has
>>
>>48390433
PF has been releasing official splatbooks in a fairly steady stream for like ten years now. has enough content already without adding a whole garbage dump of third-party material.
>>
How does Portent interact with monsters attacks or saving throws when they have advantage? Say you're fighting something with Magic Resistance, thus with advantage on saving throws against spells. Can you even use your portent on that situation? Would it replace the first roll?
>>
>>48389801
High Dex with a rapier gets you better AC and slightly less damage than eldritch blast. Spells give you the HP to hold the front line, and deal extra damage at the same time.

High Str does more damage than EB, but leaves you with low AC unless you take a class dip, feat, or race for better armor proficiency. Around the time the full blaster's EB is better again, you can reach the same 20 Cha as the blaster anyway. It's not a bad tradeoff, on paper.
>>
>>48389829
Moxie regeneration only occurs when you lose real hit points, so there's a limit to how many you can get back each day.
>>
>>48390678
It replaces the roll after advantage or disadvantage are applied.

http://www.sageadvice.eu/2016/03/24/diviner-wizard-portent/
>>
>>48390722
Holy shit that is amazingly powerful. It simply bypasses their defense entirely. Aslo:
>"The wizard: "I use Portent!" The d20 (or d20s with adv./dis.) is rolled. Portent replaces the resulting die."
Why would you even roll if the Portent die is being used?

>>48390718
>>48389829
Too high of a limit, since you can count on magical healing and hit dice. I'd say do it as the monk's Ki, maximum of Moxie points equal to their level, recharge on a short or long rest. Otherwise almost every damage they suffer will restore a moxie point. Take into consideration that having those points will allow them to gain about 1d6+2+3 temp HP at level 2 every round, if they wish. And even when they run out of moxie and the attacks get through the temp HP, then they just regain moxie for even more temp HP. Too much of a meat wall for my liking.
>>
>>48390701
All of that only holds true at level 1. You get an additional ray with Eldritch Blast every time you reach the next tier, to a maximum of four rays. You only ever get two attacks with a weapon.

And maybe you've never played a warlock, but those spell slots run out fast. You're going to constantly be begging for a juice-and-cookie break if you try to use spell slots offensively and defensively in the same fight.
>>
>>48386228
WIZARDS CAN CAST MORE SPELLS AT ALMOST ANY LEVEL THAN A SORCERER CAN YOU FUCKTARD
HOLY SHIT
PEOPLE ARE SO
FUCKING
DUMB
>>
>>48390565
To be fair, I prefer the Dreamscarred Press Psionics to the official Pathfinder Psychics in their Occult Adventures book.
>>
https://twitter.com/mikemearls/status/756227495054028800

>helped develop two editions + wrote for a third
>something he hasn't fixed in any of them

What's it gonna be?
>>
>>48391570
anal circumference
>>
>>48391570
gender pronouns and female dwarves with beards
>>
>>48389447
Dual Wielding.
>>
File: 1464742692046.png (104KB, 541x530px) Image search: [Google]
1464742692046.png
104KB, 541x530px
>>48391570

Moloch worship and child sacrifice.
>>
File: barrierpeaksweapons.png (204KB, 737x804px) Image search: [Google]
barrierpeaksweapons.png
204KB, 737x804px
How would you stat the laser and disintegration weapons from Expedition to the Barrier Peaks, /5eg/?
>>
>>48391648
>female dwarves with beards
please
>>
>>48391749
Laser pistol, antimatter rifle, and laser rifle on the Firearms table in the DMG.
>>
>>48388660
>>48390955
Yeah the temp HP from Brace Up is ridiculous, even without the Moxie regeneration. That's 6-11 HP on a level 2, essentially doubling their HP.
I'm probably just going to go for:
- Gain 1 Moxie Point on reducing a dangerous hostile creature to 0 hit points when you have no Moxie Point remaining.
- Brace Up = Fisticuff Die + CON. Temporary hit points last until the start of your next turn.

Works on saving throw effects, stacks with Dodge for ultra-tanky turn.
Built-in regen system that would make monks jealous.
>>
>>48386621
I feel like Sorcerers are the ones who should be regenerating SP on short rests. A Sorc's only advantage is in rekajiggering slots, but they're only getting more casts if they want to destroy all their higher level spells to spam low circle shit. And since many spells allow you to cast them with higher slots anyway, there's not too much advantage in giving yourself more high level slots, especially when it's usually numerically better to cast a lower level spell multiple times than its higher level version.

I just feel bad for people who play Sorcs for any reason other than perma Mage Armor.
>>
>>48391901
>I feel like Sorcerers are the ones who should be regenerating SP on short rests
I 100% concur. The *BEING OF INNATE MAGICAL POWER* should have *MORE INNATE MAGIC POWER* than the nerd with a book.
Give sorcerers 2 sp on a short rest starting at level two and give them an actually good capstone for Christ's sake.
>>
>>48391766

This.

The DMG even uses an image from 4e's interpretation of the Barrier Peaks (in Dragon magazine) to headline that section.
>>
>>48392000
Now that we've asserted that Sorcerers could/should have been better, can you shut the fuck up and stop spamming every fucking /5eg/ with your moaning and whining?

There isn't going to be some big errata to fix the sorcerer's power level. You only need to convince YOUR gamemasters. But I have a feeling you're not even playing the game at the moment.
>>
Level 5 necromancer from to days ago here, thanks to the guys who helped me decide on Haste as one of my spells to take. Ended up being instrumental in preventing a party wipe.

Gonna go visit a graveyard now with all this gold I picked up to summon some skeletons and custom outfit them with swag gear.
>>
>>48392148
I'm in six games at the moment, one of which is with a sorcerer.
I will not stop reminding people until the end of time.
>>
>>48391901
>I just feel bad for people who play Sorcs for any reason other than perma Mage Armor.

That's a funny reason to play a class that isn't Warlock.
>>
>>48392201
>summon some skeletons and custom outfit them with swag gear.

Plate all the bones with a thin layer of gold leaf, and give them each a tophat.

Roll in style.
>>
>>48392255
WotC did good with warlocks this time around. They actually did good with almost everything, though sorcerers need a little boost and some archetypes do too.
>>
>>48392361

Yea my only quibbles are rather minor with Monks and Sorcs, and a big one with Rangers. Other than that, pretty much everything is great.
>>
>>48392506
Hunter rangers are great though. Their capstone sucks giant super-cock and the benefits of favored enemy suck too, but they have pretty consistent damage output and some decent spells. I do think they need the base class to have some better features, but I think they're in very close to the same position as sorcerers and monks - doable and not bad but not *quite* on the level of other comparable classes.
>>
>>48392353
Possibly viable. We double-crossed a gang with some political clout for cash, then turned the tables on them and got them them all arrested and executed, so I've got like 100+ platinum pieces.

That said, my guys not quite that ostentatious (yet). He'll probably settle for giving them better armor and sweet bows to have his own personal elite sniper bodyguards.
>>
>>48392563
Let's be real, capstones are irrelevant. Unless your game is starting at that high level or your DM is a crazy person who just throws XP and shit at your party (and in both cases, you're going to be ridiculously powerful regardless of what your class' capstone is), no one's realistically getting there.

I don't even think there's a point to arguing class power or balance past level 11. That's still a largely unattainable goal for the average group.
>>
Did I really just see a comparison between Monks & Rangers vs Sorcs? Is twin haste really not good enough?

I hate you "people" so much.
>>
>>48392587
>capstones are irrelevant
In most games, but that's not an excuse to ignore them at all.
I'm usually not interested in games that don't even try to go through to the end or at least have a chance to continue on in another story after the first ten levels.
>>
>>48392632
It's still better than the "You're only responsible for your own actions, fuck the rest of the world" philosophical shitposting we've gotten over the past few threads. I say we leave it be, it'll sort itself out by tonight.

Twinned Haste and Quickened GFBmake me rock hard too, anon.
>>
>>48392632
Here we go again!
Wizards have:
- 92 more spells to choose from than sorcerers
- can know literally every spell a sorcerer can
- can cast *more spells per day* than a sorcerer *EVEN IF* the sorcerer converts *EVERY SINGLE ONE* of their sorcery points into spell slots (lol) due to arcane recharge
- has access to disgustingly good archetypes like divination and illusion, with portent from divination being objectively better than any heightened spell and the level 14 illusionist feature being arguably the best battlefield utility and control feature in the entire game
- signature spell and spell master are simply better end-game capstones than any of the last sorcerous origin features or sorcerous restoration (lol)
- wizards memorize *more spells in a single day* than sorcerers *EVEN HAVE KNOWN* at any given level
- ^ what the fuck
- access to ridiculously good spells in particular that sorcerers don't get like wall of force, foresight, maze, imprisonment - the list goes on and on.

MEANWHILE, SORCERERS GET:
- certain twinned concentration spells (great)
- heightened save or sucks (neat but portent does it better)
- quickened spells + cantrips for slightly better sustained damage over the course of a few rounds than wizards can usually manage manage

Monk is comparable to all the other martials in that they have very good defensive power, mobility, and offensive utility while having not that much less damage.
Ranger I don't think is as good as rogue overall, but they have better horde-fighting ability for sure and they don't have to be within 30ft constantly to deal their damage.
>>
>>48392632
i think the problem ends up being, you either get more spells per day (like all other magey full casters do on rest), OR get to use your metamagic class feature. you cant really do both without sacrificing spellcasts, which "weakens" you

that being said, even being able to do the best buff possible, doesn't make you the best support
>>
>>48392700
>ayy look mom I can't handle talking philosophy, it's why I get mad and and stay upset for days whenever any of my friends say a single word I disagree with about politics or ethics
>luckily though, I disown anyone who has a different opinion than me immediately because I'm so smart and mature - how could they even be so wrong?
We know man. We know.
>>
How would I go about making Cap in 5e?
>>
>>48392743
>Is called out for derailed previous thread
>Triggered
>Immediately resumes argument
Congrats on your massive e-peen anon. You win.
>>
New DM here.
Couple questions about item/weapon interactions.
let's say there's a caster with a versatile weapon in one hand, arcane focus in the other hand. If they want to use an action to perform a 2 handed attack, do they need to use their bonus action to put the arcane focus away or something?
What if they want to attack with a two handed weapon when they are holding their focus? does drawing another weapon count as part of the attack?
and what about bards which use instruments as their focus? should stowing their weapons to play the instrument with both hands cost an action or something?
I feel shit like this would slow combat down, but at the same time the rules are not clear enough when it comes to stowing weapons, other than mentioning drawing weapons is part of an attack.
>>
File: 1405038436645.jpg (245KB, 600x849px) Image search: [Google]
1405038436645.jpg
245KB, 600x849px
>>48392792
It's daijobu king-autismo. We're all baka in our desu while senpai now.
You're free to keep responding!
>>
>>48392785
Ask your GM to give you the throwing shield
>>
>>48392793
>If they want to use an action to perform a 2 handed attack, do they need to use their bonus action to put the arcane focus away or something?
Depends on what the focus is. If you have to hold the focus, I'd imagine the answer would be "yes" to having to stow it, but stowing something isn't a bonus action. You can do it once per turn without using any action.
>>
>>48392793
Read page 190 in the PHB "Other Activity On Your Turn", top left.
>>
>>48392793
well i would note, its in the rulebook, so read the book nigga.jpg

but it essentially breaks down to this
When you do an attack action (or most normal actions) theres a list in the phb of "free" things you can do while doing it. Such as drawing/stowing a weapon, talking, picking your nose, retarded shit like that.
So if your weapon is sheathed, you can draw it and attack, no thang there.
Two handed weapons only need to be held in two hands DURING the attack, you have a free hand every other time. so to use a two handed attack, they could freely put their focus away, and smack whatever they want with 2 hands, then go back to having a free hand.
same goes for bards, putting something away is just free, and vice versa

that being said, theoretically theres some things against the rules, specifically related to shields

but for the most part, as a dm, just dont care. unless its blatantly obvious a character couldn't do it, free actions dont really need to be minmaxed. everything you listed would be fine to just ignore
>>
>>48392793
Messing about with weapons is something you don't spend an action on. Page 196 in the PHB is pretty clear that manipulating equipment is free.
>>
>Wood Elf
>First 5 levels in Barb
>Remaining levels in Monk
>Mobile Feat at level 4
>By level 7 have a base movement of 65
>80 movement by max level
>Also choose Way of Shadow tradition at 3rd level Monk
>By 6th level monk, have Shadow step to teleport 60ft in darkness as a bonus action
The idea here is to absolutely bully intelligent enemies by running circles around them in combat. Especially by beating them half to death, letting them try to run away, then constantly running right up in their faces and taunting them. With your high movement and advantage on strength checks when raging, it'd also be easy to grapple enemies and drag them to a ledge (or even up a wall, with higher levels in monk)

Thoughts?
>>
File: 1360286814083.jpg (173KB, 435x526px) Image search: [Google]
1360286814083.jpg
173KB, 435x526px
>>48392904
>>48392966
>>48392944
yeah, i was checking the attack parts, why the fuck is it under other actions?
>>
>>48393014
Any group with multiple ranged combatants (you only get one reaction for deflect missile use per round) will null that shit fameram. It'd work on most other things, but usually combats aren't so free-form that you've got room to completely run around and kite.
>>
>>48393047
Because it *is* another action. It's essentially a "free" action you get once a turn.
>>
>>48393014
>>48393056
>enemy druid casts spike growth
16d4 every time you attempt to run through
>>
>>48393088
If you want to build your character around a one trick gimmick that requires both that you win a contested strength athletics check and that you have someone else cast a spell (a concentration spell no less) for you, you go right ahead.
>>
>>48393131
You misinterpreted what he was saying. The barb-monk gets fucked by the druid, not works in combo with him.
>>
>>48393056
True, but you could also get in the face of those ranged combatants (something that's typically bad for them) quite easily, negating the benefits they would normally have of staying at range.

>>48393088
Long jump should get you past at least half, or full distance if you burn a ki point. Higher levels you can run on walls in tight spaces, in open spaces you can just run around it. Rage also halves piercing damage. Overall, I wouldn't be that concerned with spike growth.
>>
How would you stat a wererabbit? Just some minor changes from a wererat?
>>
>>48392966
>Page 196 in the PHB is pretty clear that manipulating equipment is free.

That page deals with cover, damage, and HP. Doesn't say much about juggling gear.

I'm pretty sure if you want to switch weapons, you can either stow a weapon as an object interaction and then draw a new weapon as an action (it being your second object interaction on your turn), or you can drop the weapon you're holding to the ground as a free action and draw a new weapon as your object interaction.

People tend to forget that object interactions are an action-resource the same as Actions movement, and Bonus Actions.
>>
>>48393151
You're right. I thought he was referencing spike-dragging. But a monk/barb can jump over most of the spikes anyway, so it wouldn't actually be that relevant.
>>
>>48393154
You're then in melee though, and taking hits from melee people, when I figured your goal was to not be being attacked.
>>
>>48393157
Give them kicks, a bit more speed and some hops and otherwise use the rat block yeah - doesn't sound bad.
>>
>>48393189
Nah, it's a Monk/Barb hybrid. (S)He can take melee combat fine. While hit & run tactics would be used frequently, it'd be a mistake to assume that's the only way the character could fight. A mistake many enemies would likely make to their own chagrin.
>>
I thought of an amazing Bard name:
Frederik Quicksilver
Someone please use it as I will probably not get the chance.
>>
>>>48392853
>mfw no tower shield

terrible brew.
>>
>>48393232
Obviously you can fight however you want. I'm just pointing out the particular tactic you outlined only actually works in fringe scenarios, and may not be the greatest thing to build a character around doing.
>>
You ever had that feel, /5eg/? That feel when you've got a problem, and you're not sure how to fix it? And since the game happens only once every so often, the problem sits, and festers, and pustules? And you think on it and you think on it, and you keep going, you keep fighting, you keep living, and then, AND THEN, the answer just falls right into your lap? Do you know that feel? Because I do.
>>
>>48393290
Nope.
>>
>>48393266
The idea is more for fun/flavor than actual usefulness. I do feel it'd be useful, but it's certainly not something I'd bank on utilizing in the majority of fights. I probably should have pointed that out from the start.
>>
>>48393325
As a side-note, I think shadow monks should be able to see in magical darkness, or at least *their* magical darkness, as part of the archetype.
The archetype is neat and I like it, but it's not the most mechanically strong due to minor things like that.
>>
>>48391648
https://twitter.com/mikemearls/status/756252902159593472

Confirmed to not be the case. Gender pronouns may be up in the air, though.
>>
How do I get my fucking Druid player to not behave like a moron when the party's in town? He always turns into a house cat and meets any fucking question with "mew?".
>>
>>48393467
have them encounter an old woman who just swallowed a live bird, for various reasons
>>
>>48393467
Have a dog chase/eat him. Have a "Cat catcher" who makes pies.
>>
>>48393014
Take two levels in rogue for cunning action if you want to dash even more.
>>
I'm joining a campaign pretty soon and need to make my first 5e character. I just have one question: Are Goliaths in the game yet, and if so, which book are they in?

If not, I'll just go Half-Orc, that's almost as good.
>>
https://twitter.com/mikemearls/status/756270790291492864

July UA Monday, August UA the Monday after, chance of them both being new stuff. Nice.
>>
>>48393546
Elemental Evil Player's Companion. It's in the Mega under Rulebooks -> Supplements.
>>
>>48393546
Goliaths are in the EE if I remember correctly.
>>
My favorite types of campaigns are sandboxes, but sandboxes that have plot. I am without game at the moment, so I thought I might try to come up with a campaign and setting to volunteer *shudder* to DM for my first time for some dorm mates.

The thing I wonder; how does one come up with a sort of framework to build into the sandbox? None of the campaigns that I've read out there do anything similar to that.

I've always wanted the "final boss", as it were, of the campaign to be a Dragon; a big, ancient, great wyrm of terrible intelligence and breathtaking might. Beyond more treasure, though, what does a dragon want?
>>
>>48393580
To be worshiped, left alone, to get a proper mate.
A Dragon isn't far removed from a very egotistical human, think, what would you like, but without limits, and from a dragons pov?
>>
>>48393580
>What does a dragon want
Depends on the type of dragon. But generally, territory or influence.
>>
File: fxnfmvn.jpg (1012KB, 2806x3969px)
fxnfmvn.jpg
1012KB, 2806x3969px
>>48393262
What stats would you suggest for a tower shield?
>>48393436
>>48391570
what the fuck is up with the (()))? I thought it was a /pol/ joke
>>
>>48393626
The game is not balanced around there being such thing as a tower shield as far as affording a higher AC. That being said, I don't have any problem with doing something like making a tower shield require a minimum strength score and allowing it to grant half-cover or perhaps 3/4 against ranged attacks or something.
>>
>>48393626
Mearls is a kike
>>
File: wGU0nL7.png (217KB, 950x950px)
wGU0nL7.png
217KB, 950x950px
>>48393580
A gf
>>
>>48393626
heavy, grants 2 AC and as an action/move/bonus/reaction grants 1/2 or 3/4s cover to ranged attacks/ aoes until your next turn, or something along that vein.
>>
>>48393575
>>48393578
Thanks a lot guys, found it!
>>
>>48393626
IT started as a Neo Nazi shorthand for singling out targets in text. When jews found out about this, they decided to go full Poland and say fuck it, and decided to "reclaim" the symbol by singling themselves out with it. It's meant to symbolize Jewish solidarity or something like that.
>>
>>48393580

Someone to listen to his problems.

He's a dragon, he HAS to hoard riches and kidnap maidens. That's what he was born for. And people keep trying to murder him for it?

The world just isn't a fair place.
>>
>>48393580
A sandbox campaign without any plot is a fish floundering a mud puddle.

To build a sandbox campaign, you need to build only parts of a setting with some interesting NPCs with their own goals. A mayor seeking to get rid of some ne'er-do-wells, a scholar seeking hidden arcane knowledge, and so on. From that, you build the setting and story as the NPCs go along, almost always as a reaction to them.

As a metaphor: start with an empty box and add more sand as your players get to it.

As for your desire for a dragon BBEG, there's a lot of ways to go about it. The dragon could already exist, giving secrets to humans in exchange for gold and bringing in more followers (think like a warlock patron). He doesn't necessarily need an end goal, but his followers are going to wreak havoc for their own lust for power and money. Alternatively, he could be a dragon long-since defeated, with a cult of sorts looking to reanimate him. This is a pretty common one, maybe a bit cliche, but cliches are used often for a reason.

Make the dragon and his followers, give them goals, and run with it.
>>
>>48393626
>what the fuck is up with the (()))? I thought it was a /pol/ joke
M E M E
A
G
I
C
manifesting itself in reality
>>
>>
>>48393580
I'm running a fairly sandboxy campaign. Basically I've got an outline of "these are important plot points". Each one has various triggers associated to it that will cause it to happen. Some of those plot points if left alone also have rules associated with them that cause the situation to escalate.

For example, there are currently werewolves in the city the adventurers are in. Originally there was 1. They found it, but didn't kill it. A few weeks went by and now there are 5. I'm adding 1d4 werewolves every week that goes by.

There's also a war raging in the background, and while the characters are aware of the war, the front is far enough away that it currently isn't having any major impact on them. I'm keeping track of dates though, and there is a set date where the front will break and the war will come crashing down on the city.

A lot of these things do have some flexibility built in though, to allow for players mucking things up, as they're wont to do.

As for what a dragon would want aside from treasure, the answer is power. Assuming it's a chromatic dragon, it may want to gain enough power to kill bahamut, and supplant tiamat. It may want worshippers, as that fills it with pride and free treasure/food can be provided to it. Depending on the color of dragon, I'd also suggest reading the MM for that color to see what else it might want. A green dragon for instance might want to manipulate the people of the world into doing its bidding, while a red dragon may just want to slaughter thousands to exert its dominance over a populace.

Overall the key is to first figure out everything that drives your big bad, and then think about how they might go about trying to get it. And how those actions would affect the players/lead to interesting/horrifying events in the campaign.
>>
>>48393606
>>48393728

Hm.

Power. Ultimate power. The height of arrogance that I, and I alone, am capable of ruling this world. This world belongs solely to me, to do with as I please.

I am the most powerful being that walks this earth, I am the creature that rules its skies, I am the being that owns the wealth beneath its dirt.

I will rule as a God on this earth, and you will grovel at my heels.

>>48393663
If memory serves, a person already grants 1/2 cover to those behind them if the target is front of them; increase that to 3/4 cover for the purposes of a tower shield.
>>
>>48393786
that would be +6 to AC vs ranged attacks, wouldn;t that be a bit much? 1/2 cover is fine, Imo. doesnt even need another body in the way to grant it, as the shield acts like a body.
>>
>>48393861
Only directly in front of them; one square to the side, and its nothing. It's essentially a soft-port of the Facing rules from the DMG.
>>
>>48393861
If you stipulate a minimum strength score of, say, 15, 16 or 17, you're still not going to have very many people at all running around with tower shields. And tower shields *are* very very effective against ranged attacks.
>>
>>48393941
and without that minimum strength score?
>>
>>48393237
I've been using that as a major NPC's name from about a year now.
The PCs noticed instantly.
>>
>>48393981
You'd be an idiot to not use one.
>>
>>48393993
how so? 3.Pf doesnt have it, and historically tower shields arent very heavy, just unwieldly.
>>
>>48393981
I think it might be a little silly to have no minimum strength score. There's minimum strength scores on heavy armor, and tower shields are arguably much harder to lug around than a suit of armor. If for whatever reason you don't want to stipulate a minimum strength score, obviously they ought to grant disadvantage on stealth, and you might argue that wielding one might reduce one's speed as well.
>>
>>48394013
>historically tower shields aren't very heavy
To wield a weapon and the tower shield simultaneously, the tower shield is incredibly heavy to use effectively with one arm.
>>
>>48394094
disadvantage on attacks while wielding a tower shield?
>>
I introduced tower shields in my game as: 45 pounds, -10ft to speed while wielding it, +3 AC, three-quarters cover to other creatures instead of half.

The fighter uses it and enjoys it. It makes him slower but even more able to protect his friends (and himself).
>>
>>48394118
*without reaching a minimum strength score, is what I'd stipulate.
>>
>>48394152
45 pounds is much heavier than any tower shield that people are aware of as having been utilized, I think.
>>
>>48394182
It's based on D&D tower shields, not historical tower shields.
>>
>>48394199
I'm aware - 3.5 did have 45 lb tower shields. I just thought it was a bit silly.
>>
>>48394199
That's a pretty poor excuse when you look at the weights of all other armor and weapons in 5e.
>>
>>48394047
yeah, disadvantage on stealth seems good, as is the speed reduction.

>>48394094
tell that to the romans.
>>
>>48394257
I don't have to. They affirmed what I had to say about tower shields.
>>
>>48393290
Any plans on elaborating?
>>
>>48394374

It'll be disappointing if I elaborate.
>>
>>48394389
its already disappointing
>>
>>48394430

Not disappointing enough to illicit apathy, it seems.
>>
So I want my DM to see where he went wrong and at least attempt an apology. He forced me into a background/secondary character position by not allowing or giving me a restoration, but allows the other party members a Rez from gods, clerics, necromancy (with no cost to them) and this forces me to remake a character and re-introduce me to the party 4 times. The first time was because I realized the character didn't fit with the theme of the adventure and wanted him to go out into a blaze of glory. Nope the character just left instead. The 2nd was one that fit the war we were fighting in and was going to be a Barb that was afraid of magic but came to terms with it because of the party. Nope, party killed him when he attacked the Death Knight PC for summoning a undead stead to tease him with. The third character was going to be the 1st one brought back because the DM said he had some plans for him. Nope, took 4 sessions of me sitting there and the players doing whatever the fuck they wanted before I showed up. By then the DM told me my character didnt fit anymore and he left again. The 4th, another Barb, this time he knew what magic was and only wanted to help war efforts to bring peace to the forests. Nope he was left behind and died in the dessert because he was useless when it turned into a political intrigue plot.

I sent him a couple texts every now and again saying I wanted to be more integral to the plot and that I honestly felt like I deserved some better items or connections to keep up with the group. He said he would, but the something would happen to the character or the story and the DM told me he tried but the party chose another path.

Now I'm pissed, I told him a good DM doesn't leave out one player because of the party choices. As my groups DM, I railroad the ever living fuck out of the party, and make it obvious if I am introducing a new PC and they refuse to go to the path to the introduction.
>>
>>48394678
pppppppppfffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffff
>>
>>48394678
I just sent him a text telling him that after taking a 6 week break, I want to play DnD. I want to hang out with my friends and play DnD. I told him that I do not want to be another background character. What I didn't tell him is that I would literally force myself into the foreground by any means necessary, even if it means Roleplaying over Rollplaying so that I do more damage than the Rogue with 3 swords he uses in one turn, or the Fighter with 23 AC, or the Death Knight who attacks 2 times in one turn and then casts a spell... all at level 10.
>>
>>48394678
Well, the 2nd one attacking a party member is pretty much That Guy.

Ultimately you should just find another group instead of developing battered housewife syndrome.
>>
>>48394678
>>48394727

Sounds like he doesn't want you in the game, man.

He's being a cunt, anyway. Take the hint and get a new group / start your own group.
>>
File: 1408392993122.gif (490KB, 300x318px) Image search: [Google]
1408392993122.gif
490KB, 300x318px
I need ideas to populate a sewer dungeon, for a party of five level 2 characters
>>
>>48395055

rats
>>
>>48395055
I'd suggest the Urban and Swamp monster list
>>
>>48386840
>>48387978
The rules aren't really meant to accommodate lifting in that sense. That sort of thing would just be an athletics roll

Also I'm not sure on this, but I don't think gods can break the 30 cap. If you wanted your everyday lifting ability to be higher it would be more appropriate to use class features and feats, but the only one I'm aware of is that bear barbarian one
>>
>>48395055
An awakened Otyugh that is trying desperately to clean their "house" of all these pesky adventurers that keep coming down and making a big old mess.
>>
>>48395055
Kobold sewer people
They worship a massive rat, and use packs of rats to steal food, childrens' toys, pets, anything to be a general nuisance.
Fun fact: A group of rats is referred to as a mischief.
>>
I think I'm right to say Barbs can't get Rage dmg bonus when throwing melee weapons, but do you think it breaks anything to allow that? I did it by mistake, reading it as [melee weapon] [attack] instead of [melee] [weapon attack].
>>
File: 1467095181105.jpg (97KB, 625x783px) Image search: [Google]
1467095181105.jpg
97KB, 625x783px
>>48391177
Mai nigga. But let's be honest here, who doesn't.
>>
>>48395224
It doesn't break anything to allow that. They can't buy the rules, but obviously you can houserule that it's alright if that's what you wanna do.
>>
>>48395224
You didn't misread anything. Throwing a weapon is a ranged attack, not a melee attack. Barbarians only get rage bonus damage on melee attacks using weapons.
>>
>>48395300
Which means I misread, read that last part of my post? I've since learned it is not the case as you point out.
>>
>>48393652
>>48393701
Considering there are still people playing D&D who care that MM is a Jew, I'm not surprised that he's thrown the "((()))" onto his Twitter account.
>>
File: Die Meme Die.jpg (33KB, 640x640px)
Die Meme Die.jpg
33KB, 640x640px
>>48383880
>>48383966
Have his PC get picked up by a giant and whacked against something solid.
>>
>>48395224
they really need to break it apart how its typed there in one of the rulebooks. it comes up multiple times in the phb itself, and honestly "fixing" shit on a twitter is lame
>>
>>48395055
A small population of Kuo-Toa who are currently worshipping an old, gilded ceramic spitoon as their God. They call it White Mother and it apparently proves baleful as the Toa are "commanded" to assault the adventurers.
Send slightly too many Toa their way, but once they destroy the ceramic spitoon the leaderless minions flee the party.
>>
>>48394775
He only attack out of fear, summoning an undead stead right next to you makes anyone jump.
>>
>>48395790
You can react fearfully and angrily, even making aggressive maneuvers, without taking the Attack action and doing damage to an ally. "But it's what my character would do" is an excuse for being an asshole.
>>
>>48395169
this sounds great, but I already got them to fight
kobolds on their first session
>>48395676
I like this, I will use it thanks.
>>
File: wizards in a nutshell.gif (63KB, 468x240px) Image search: [Google]
wizards in a nutshell.gif
63KB, 468x240px
/5eg/ I've been looking for a LANDSCAPE 5e character sheet for like a thousand years, preferably in the same style as the basic D&D sheet

does such a thing exist, or am I shit out of luck?
>>
Are there any official feats outside of the core rulebook? I'm looking for a nice +1 dex feat and athlete isn't quite doing it for my monk
>>
>>48396928
UA: Feats is "official" I suppose.
Nothing in there that lists +1 dex that you might actually care about, but it describes how feats themselves are designed which can perhaps let you come up with your own.
>>
>>48396928

What is your stat spread like right now? Is this to even out your dex or is it for a variant human?
>>
>>48396985
Trying to even out my dex at 4th level.

Alternatively I suppose I could take a +1 to dex +1 to wisdom (making my wisdom odd) and much later down the line take lets say alert

Otherwise my stats are even.
>>
My first time as a DM is this weekend and I have no clue if I've put too many enemies in their path or not enough to give them a good 2 hours session...

What would you say is a good sized encounter for 5 level 1 newbies?
>>
Does a Necromancer Wizard's self healing stack well with a Fiendlock's THP or no?
I was planning on making an army creator fiend chain lock Necromancer kind of deal, but I have zero clue what the fuck I'm doing with it.
>>
>>48397020

That's what I was going to recommend, but you could consider making constitution odd. There are a lot of feats (though saving throw proficiency is a bit redundant as a monk) that give +1 to con.
>>
>>48397030
Try using this. http://kobold.club/fight/#/encounter-builder
>>
>>48397020
Resilient (Constitution) or (Wisdom) would be a good choice as well.
>>
>>48397078
I have considered resilient but by the time I'd pick up a +1 to that odd stat I'd have or be close to having proficiency on all saves.
>>
>>48397126

Durable might be worth it if you have short rest opportunities.
>>
>>48397078
If he makes it to level 14 it would feel bad man.
>>
>>48397072
Oh, nice, thanks!

Definitely gonna have to build a few more encounters then, I want them to hit level 2 pretty quickly.
>>
>>48397216
You should - level 1 sucks dick.
>>
>>48397223
I was going to have them start at level 3 but since they're all new I'm going to try and have them hit level 3 by the end of either session 2 or 3.
>>
>>48397245
dont forget you dont need to rigidly follow xp rules though. regardless of how much they kill and how much xp they earn, just level them to two at the end of the first session, same should go for level 3 and the second. thats realistically how much xp they "should" earn in that time
>>
>>48397271
Alright, thanks.

I now have them earning about 200 exp each through kills, so I'm thinking that turning in their first quest should give them the remaining 100 for their first level.
>>
>>48397319
i think the dmg says basically 1-2 and 2-3 are one session each, and 3-4 is two. it just goes up to there.

and you're right, finishing "quests" are completely valid points to give extra xp anyway, the same goes for say, talking your way out of fights, or other rp things.
not all xp is murder based, but murder based xp is the only xp that has rules
>>
New thread >>48397339
>>
>>48396928
>>48397020

I'm in the same boat you are. Due to my inexperience, I've rolled up a Monk with an odd Dex and even Wisdom. My hope right now is to keep going +1 to each as I level up, as I've been in this campaign for about a year now, and hopefully some new feats will show up before we reach end levels. I recommend the same for you. You might also consider multiclassing to hold off your decision, as I am.
>>
>>48397360
Just max dex first and go wisdom second. It's more efficient overall for your combat efficiency.
>>
>>48395055
Barnacles, from Half Life.
Can't find a good video, but https://youtu.be/RLwbvILvOco
>>
Debating taking resilience (Wis) at level 8 on my monk so I can use the Gulthias staff whenever I need to more or less. But I need to ask my DM how he rules Stillness of Mind interacting with the madness effects.
Thread posts: 341
Thread images: 28

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.