[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

The Other Guy thread

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

File: RandPaulVacantStare.jpg (40KB, 490x350px) Image search: [Google]
RandPaulVacantStare.jpg
40KB, 490x350px
So there's This Guy threads and That Guy threads all the time on /tg/, for people to talk about all their This Guy and That Guy stories.

This is not one of those threads. If there's a This Guy and a That Guy, there's gotta be The Other Guys as well. This is going to be a thread for The Other Guy stories.
>>
>>48382595
You mean the guy who is so innocuous you sometimes forget he's even part of the campaign? And when you do remember you question why he comes at all?
>>
>>48382595
I had a The Other Guy in a campaign once. He played, or something.
What the fuck do you want 'the other guy' to mean.
>>
>>48382613
That's a good question, actually.

I guess there needs to be an agreed upon definition for 'The Other Guy' first for this to work.
>>
>>48382610
If it's this that's kind of dumb. Of course there aren't going to be stories about people who didn't create an impact.
>>
>>48382668
Yes. There does. This Guy and That Guy threads exist because we know what This Guy and That Guy are, and they basically already cover the major bases of people you talk about - people who are memorably cool or memorably shitty.
>>
>>48382707
I guess using those metrics, The Other Guys would be people who were memorably depressing. Not awesome, not awful, but people you just kinda feel bad for in one way or another.
>>
>>48382595
I have an old group of friends that I started playing 3.5 with. It was our first game ever, so we all made some questionable decisions. Weird thing was, this guy picked a fighter even though he was both really bookish and quite intelligent. The whole time we've played I expected him to have some kind of plan, some crazy build he spotted and realised he needed to be a fighter to do it. Yet to this day all he's ever done is sit in the back and say "I attack with my greatsword." He never comes up with anything, doesn't interact at all in the non-combat RP sections (which were usually anywhere up to half the session) and doesn't try anything clever. Each session I half expected him to just stop showing up or at the very least ask to switch classes, but neither came to pass. I'm honestly not sure if he's too awkward about it or he actually enjoys doing one thing over and over for hours on end. If there were anything I could think of that fight the description of "other guy" that'd have to be him.
>>
>>48382734
That doesn't seem to he a wide enough category to deserve it's own name. This Guy and That Guy were also named based on how you'd talk about them, 'then there's this guy' puts the person close hence cool guy, and 'then there's that guy' puts the person far away as in i would not hang out with. I can't really think of a type of person I'd consistently use 'the other guy' to refer to.
>>
If That Guy is the pinnacle of awful and This Guy is the pinnacle of goodness then wouldn't The Other Guy just be the rest of your group? People that may excel in certain areas, but fall short in others. If that were the case then the only thing i could think worth mentioning would be cool or bad moments they've had which would fit better in a thread more appropriately titled "Notable moments" or something to that degree.
>>
This thread wasn't really thought out, was it?
>>
>>48382985
Nope. Some chucklefuck just wanted to have fun with his wordplay and killed a thread to make this one.
>>
>>48382816
>Well there's this guy, that guy, and I guess there's that other guy too

The other guy sounds like someone who doesn't engage outside of the game or their character. Maybe they're half way between this and that, in real life they're an autist that guy, but in game he's cool and fun.

I think the point is either that the real person is forgettable/less interesting than their characters, or that there's a huge difference in quality between the person and the character.

But yeah, it's pretty specific. Kind of interesting, but maybe not a common enough thing to fill a thread.
>>
>>48383073
It's not even good wordplay.
>>
>>48383291
Exactly.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.