[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Pauper EDH

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 4

File: Image.jpg (30KB, 223x310px) Image search: [Google]
Image.jpg
30KB, 223x310px
Does anybody here know anything about pauper edh? My shop is running a one-off event and I was hoping someone can give me a hand.

I was thinking naya aggro.
>>
>>48380434
My suggestion. Puresteel Paladin deck. Gets so much value and draw power off dropping equipment and then equipping for free onto a chump.
>>
>>48380434
I have imperious perfect and sludge strider built; tribal elves and artifacts, respectively.

Its definitely a different game from regular edh. While you can still sometimes do some whacky things, it really comes down to creature heavy boardstates.

Naya might be fun, but I would go with Wolly Thoctar at the helm, cheap to get out, effective beater.
>>
>>48380521
Puresteel is a rare, not an uncommon.
>>
>>48380434
Play sigil captain. Lots of cute things to do with 1/1s and you get to run shield of the oversoul.
>>
I think I have one too, thanks for the idea
>>
Would this be a good commander? Allows for a seriously annoying control aspect in a color that has mucho removal at common.
>>
File: image.jpg (32KB, 223x311px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
32KB, 223x311px
>>48381130
Forgot pic.
>>
>>48380591
I built Marisi's Twinclaws when I made a Pauper. It was primarily about buffing them to commander damage (15 in this format) in 1-2 hits. For other large creatures I used cards that could be cast early or late (you'll find a lot of cyclers)
>>
>>48381158
No. Its expensive, only taps one, and is mono white the worst mono in commander.

Just because everyone is powered down doesnt mean you get to stop thinking about combos, ramp, and being efficient/card advantage.
>>
>>48380434
I currently have a Vitu-Ghazi Guildmage token deck for pauper. It does quite well, except that I draw lots of hate from the decks built around flyers because I can produce more flyers than them late-game.

We house-ruled the starting life to 30 to speed up games, though. Anyone else done something similar?
>>
>>48380434
>Pauper EDH
Just play UR Voltron like everyone else.
>>
>>48381264
So you're saying that pauper has to be hyper competitive always and never pick a sub-optimal option or else your autism explodes all over the table?
>>
>>48385719
No he's not. In fact he very plainly and calmly explained why it would be a poor choice. Just because it's pauper edh does not mean that you should use bad cards when there are better alternatives. Accept the criticism and become better for it.

I'm just trying to figure out how the hell you can board wipe using only Commons. Seems like it's gonna be super easy to just hit a board stall with no player being able to really damage the other
>>
>>48386246
Bloodfire Infusion is probably the best shot at a proper boardwipe at common.
> (R), Sacrifice enchanted creature: Bloodfire Infusion deals damage equal to the sacrificed creature's power to each creature.

For partial boardwipes, Squall, Chandra's Fury, Electrickery, Nausea, Shrivel, Devastate, Dry Spell, Hurly-Burly, Lava Storm, etc, lots of common stuff out there that deals 1-2 damage across the board or gives all creatures -1-2 toughness. Follow up with Inflame.
>>
>>48386246
Boardwipes are an issue in our group. We considering allowing a limited number of uncommons in the other 99 to make up for it.
>>
File: scarland-thrinax-cropped.jpg (144KB, 464x664px) Image search: [Google]
scarland-thrinax-cropped.jpg
144KB, 464x664px
This is a fun one for me. Creatures that give off an effect when they hit the graveyard. It is a pseudo voltron deck. I try to keep a low CMC for my commanders and key cards. Three seems about right.
>>
>>48385719
Look man. This is a format for huge boards states full of tokens or evasive shitters. The few times you'll get use out of a tap one is against voltron decks, most popular being UR and somethings arcbound, and perhaps the occasional stompy decks. Also some of the best commanders in this format don't care about being tapped, such as the host of guildmages from RTR and original Ravnica, main one being the recent orzhov one.

If it's what you want to build, then go for it. I honestly haven't looked too hard into control options for this format, as I'm the one who suggested similar captain earlier and my other deck I'm building is sunhome guildmage.
>>
>>48388567
Sigil* not similar
Damn mobile.
>>
Thoughts on Azorius Aethermage as commander?
>>
File: meta defining.jpg (70KB, 480x680px)
meta defining.jpg
70KB, 480x680px
>>48380434
My group when through a several month pauper commander phase

the meta was as followed

>Spellheart Chimera
Very scary voltron, could get some quick kills and stay in the game a long time.
9/10

>Monastery Swiftspear
Usually murdered 1 person and then got locked out. Red commons can't handle one of the strongest pieces of removal: auras.
7/10

>Sigil Captain
Token shit storm, hit the ground running hard and fast. Blew its load hard and fast, but whatever, you were already dead.
9/10

>Imperious Perfect
elfball tokens, got scary in a hurry, made every blue deck pack echoing truth. Ran out of steam.
7/10

>Zameck Guildmage
good draw, good threats, an all around strong midrange strategy
>8/10

>Vizkopa guildmage
the meta's only combo deck, had a few decent tricks involving gaining life equal to creatures
6/10

>azorius guildmage
brutal control that one by pecking away with evasive beaters
8/10

korozda guildmage
strong, had some deadly tricks, never quite came together
7/10

>disciple of deceit
surprisingly deadly, tutor is good in a format lacking it. Being able to get busted blue shit when you needed it was always good.
8/10

paragon of the amesha
5 color goodstuff/control with a voltron finisher
7/10

Take aways: blue is very good, very stronger, but going wide with tokens tends to be a little stronger.

We banned rhystic study.

Fade away is the best field sweep in the meta.

I can get lists if anyone wants.
>>
>>48391496
Can you post Vizkopa Guildmage and/or Sigil Captain, please?
>>
>>48391561
http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/life-painvizkopa-reborn/

http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/sigil-captain-pauper-edh-deck/

gotcha homie
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoin at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Posts and uploaded images are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that website. If you need information about a Poster - contact 4chan. This project is not affiliated in any way with 4chan.