[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Warmachine and Hordes General

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 330
Thread images: 30

File: gladbagiator.jpg (263KB, 726x412px) Image search: [Google]
gladbagiator.jpg
263KB, 726x412px
Hoksune edition

Mk3 list building: http://conflictchamber.com

Warmachine/Hordes Books, No Quarter, & IKRPG
textuploader <dot> com / 5wm4h
PP Youtube (gameplay tutorials, tournament coverage, and announcements)
https://www.youtube.com/user/PrivateerPressPrime

Latest Errata:
http://files.privateerpress.com/op/errata/WMH-Errata-July-1016.pdf

Steamroller Rules
http://privateerpress.com/organized-play/steamroller-tournaments

The Giant List of Podcasts and Blogs
http://privateerpressforums.com/showthread.php?76379-Warmachine-Hordes-related-blogs-websites-and-forums

Table of contents for all NQ issues
http://www.privateerpressforums.com/showthread.php?4313-Table-Of-Contents-For-All-No-Quarter-Issues

Lexicanum Iron Kingdoms Lore wiki:
http://warmachine.lexicanum.com/wiki/Main_Page

MK3 RULES:
http://files.privateerpress.com/allnewwar/Prime.pdf
http://files.privateerpress.com/allnewwar/Primal.pdf
https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0B5OHGgAx7q66NUdvUFp3LWVQRlE&usp=drive_web

Warmachine/Hordes Army Creator (WHAC) .apk
http://charbon-et-charentaise.org/blog/content/app-release.apk

Previous Thread: >>48349298
>>
So are all cryx players shouting their pants and selling their armies because of some nerfs that got sent their way? I've seen an incredible amount of cryx up for sale lately.
>>
>>48380575
banes lost stealth, tough, and got reduced stats.

also some minor nerfs for other infantry

also nerfs for alot of their casters
>>
>>48380575
Well, cryx doesn't got just some nerfs, but was dropped to below average level. So I would think that's a possibility. But in my meta there was no drops from cryx players. In fact, there was only one drop across all factions - from Legion player.
>>
>>48380575
Cryx went from top-tier to distinctly below average overnight, and a lot of the nerfs feel more like arbitrary slaps in the face.

Good example is Lich2 who absolutely needed to be toned down, but he probably didn't need every single ability on his card nerfed, a base statline nerf (-1 spd), and nerfs to all the infantry his abilities encourage you to take. If they applied only like half the nerfs related to him he probably would have been upper-middle tier within Cryx, as it stands he's been nuked from orbit into rock-bottom tier both within his faction and the game as a whole.

I don't agree with kneejerk faction hoppers, but I can't exactly blame them.
>>
Are there any sites where I can find what jacks/units/solos are good with each Warcaster?
I'm still a beginner and don't have much clue of the game yet
>>
>>48383288
Battlecollege, though their advice has been of dubious use before.

What faction are you looking at?
>>
>>48383288
It's better to ask here.
>>
>>48383288
honestly with the new edition we don't really know.

you can go to each factions forums and see what everyone has a hard on for.

i know the following
Cygnar - trenchers
khador - WGRC+ 3 rockets + kovnik joesef
Menoth - ????
Cryx - tears saytixs raiders
mercs - ???
Trolls - ????
circle - reevers, sentry stone, skinwalkers
everblight - ????
skorne - tears and more tears
minions - farrow brigands
>>
>>48383339
>>48383370
Mostly Cryx and Circle

>Battlecollege, though their advice has been of dubious use before
Battlecollege is fine and all but maybe something even a bit more indepth? I know that mk3 is still young but maybe there is something.
>>
>>48380727
The bane thrall nerf is p irrelevant imo, i was only taking them with lich2 in a min unit with no ua before (i didnt play goreshade2). They really werent as ubiquitous as people think.

Now bane knights on the otherhand, may have gotten a sidegrade. Now they can vengance behind their target for a mat bonus, and technically do the same amount of damage on the charge. They are also less suceptable to dice spikes, wich goes both ways.

>>48381116
This so much. Gaspy2 is probably my most played caster, i fucking loved him. I would have actually still played him just as much in mkiii if they left his feat unchanged (and also kept him at speed6). I would take feat over cloudwall anyday.

I would settle for d3+6 guys returned, but would want the cloudwall back.

I actually think they could have just left him unchanged and he would have dropped in popularity but still been very strong. The thing, besides lack of feat, that kills him are 1 inability to charge friendly models 2 changes to burrow. Excarnate is a distant 3rd.
>>
>>48383442
Excarnate also got stealth nerfed with the Bile Thrall change, so it got double-teamed with nerfbats.
>>
>>48383386
Do you have any idea of what kind of cryx casters you like? With most a good foundation can be built with bane knights, blood witches+ua, or nyss hunters.

You really want wrong eye and snapjaw (goes for circle as well).

For solos you need Daragh Wraith. You will want 2 warwitch sirens, ragman, saxon orrik, a scarlock thrall, the withershadow combine and bane lord tartarus (he goes with banes and agathea).

You might want a satyxis raider captian, goreman de wulf, madelyn corbeau, Aiakos, Cephalix Overlords, satyxis raiders + ua.

For jacks hold off on Deathjack- his resculpt is in the pipes. Wait for the inflictor kit to come out next month. Maybe snatch up a harrower or 2.
>>
>>48383502
It was a pretty overt nerf, not stealth at all.

I dont rank it very high because the trick is resource heavy and takes up a lot of time. You also don't always get to use it. Don't get me wrong, its hilarious and the most fun thing about him- but its not the best thing he could do.
>>
>>48383442
>werent as ubiquitous as people think

11.5'' threat
Tough w/ auto up during upkeep
stealth
arm 15
effective mat 8
effective p+s 13
weapon masters
>>
>>48383546
all for 15pts

13 attacks for the unit and UA and a thresher solo that reanimates
>>
>>48383567
19 pts, you included Darragh un that math.

11.5'' threat - only vs 1 model\unit. If Tartarus wasn't killed and was able to curse it. And Darragh used his Ride.
Mat 8 - as with threat - only vs one model\unit if Tartarus alive and cursed it
Arm 15 - only good vs blast damage

They wasn't bad per se. They wasn't best Cryx unit either. Not in faction with both satyxis and two other bane units.
>>
>>48383377
Menoth - we lost a major strength within the Choir, but somehow got better. Vindictus and Severius 2 became A grade casters, if not more. We don't have medium based heavy infantry anymore and the Zealots were gutted and our ability to say "NO" was mitigated to a point. But hey, we got gender equality now in the Knights Exemplar.
>>
>>48383650
But to answer the question, just get Daughters or TFG as a jamming unit, the jacks you like and sprinkle in some solos, while enjoying the fact the Sunburst crew is actually useful.
>>
>>48383619
its actually calculated without darragh, i just fucked up on basic math, id say 10.5" so we wouldn't have to take a solo that doesn't add that much.

but with stealth you really only have to worry about blasts, which is why 15 is perfect.

tartarus dying also shouldn't be too much of an issue with an armor 17 stealth dude with 8 boxes.

all of this allows you to make the alpha strike first and end up ahead in points.
>>
>>48380575
Mk3 made me pick up Cryx.
>>
>>48383502
Also you can no longer Spell Slave/Necromancy it, which I think is a bit much.
>>
>>48384232
Me too, they look fun. But if I'm paying money to enter an event where I need to win to get prizes, I'm sure as shit bringing my Mercs instead.

Only exception is Champions, because Lich1/Denny1/Skarre1 is one fuck of an ADR lineup, and Agathia might be a clutch meta pick because her feat is like a shitty Coven feat with Ghost Walk stapled on, and even a shitty coven feat can buttfuck a non-Sloan gunline.
>>
I love how powerful Abby 1 & 2 became for legion. They were always my favorite casters.
>>
>>48384282
I don't really have any intention on winning prizes. But if I want to win I'll bring my Cygnar. If I want to have fun I'll bring Cryx. And if I go 80 hours without sleep and inject pure crazy serum into my veins I'll bring my Skorne.
>>
What's good to bring with Sturgis?
>>
>>48384766
Lube and tissues.
>>
>>48384766
A different caster.

Sorry.
>>
>>48383377
As a new player (2 weeks) who has Khador (Both starter boxes, a spriggan and some MoWs), what makes this Winter Guard build so exceptional?

I keep hearing how good it is, but I don't understand why. What role do they fill?
>>
>>48384920
Riflecorps +3 rockets +joe?

They hit very accurately (5+3D6). The normal rifles can combine and the rockets just have brutal built in. Their range is amazing. They are very buffable, for example with Hand of Fate or Signs and Portents.

Their role is simply killign shit. And they are extremely good at doing it.
>>
>Most playable melee infantry
SP6
RNG2
Charge threat range = 11"

>Most playable gunline ranges
12"

This is fucking dumb. Not only do gunlines get the first shot off, but they also get another to mop up what's left.
>>
>>48384920
They're absurdly fucking good at killing things. There isn't anything deep or complex to it, Joe gives them boosted to-hit rolls and they blow the enemy away.
>>
>>48385017
Run to engage. Engage range in your example = 6*2+2 = 14"
>>
>>48385063
>Run to engage the Dawnguard Invictus
>Oh by the way they're MAT7
>Die to their melee attacks

You can't really tie up something that's powerful in melee.
>>
>>48385080
Hell the reality of Invictus is even worse than this. They have a mini feat that lets them shoot 16", have SPD5, and assault. They can get the first shot off starting at 24" away, and ending 16" away. Even if you run in my example you won't tie them up. Dawnguards are the new Banes.
>>
>>48385091
>Dawnguards are the new Banes.
Banes never had guns. War has changed.
>>
>>48385105
The reality is even WORSE than all of this. Assuming everything is in a flat line for simplicity's sake:

>Invictus shoots your Nihilators from 16" away
>Nihilators run 12"
>Invictus walk forward so they're 2.5" away and shoot again
>Nihilators can't charge at this range
>Invictus have 17ARM so the Nihilators need to roll a 6 on damage to kill

Assuming you don't just want the aim bonus. But then again, the ball is always in the court of the Invictus. If their list has any kind of ARM buff to throw on the Invictus, it's a completely one sided fight versus Skorne's best small based infantry.
>>
File: 1b.jpg (13KB, 300x200px) Image search: [Google]
1b.jpg
13KB, 300x200px
>>48385105
> Banes never had guns
They're changed faction and evolved.
>>
>>48385167
I can't really see myself playing anything other than Mak3 into Ret. Problem is that Vyros murders her to death.
>>
>>48385212
I'd want to play Makeda1 into them. Quicken puts you up to SPD8 and DEF15, which is very relevant. They need to CRA to reliably hit, so if your entire unit comes forward in a line they can't not get slapped by something. If I make sure to stay 25" away before going in, they only get one shot, one opportunity. And if I brought a Tyrant Commander any that make their tough roll can stand up and charge up. Invictus and UA is 20pt, Nihilators and a Tyrant is 21.
>>
>>48385325
I'd even consider Naaresh because of the +3DEF from Blur and his upkeep hate. And hell if anyone can get close to a ranged unit, it's that cunt. Tyrant puts Press Forward on him, charge 9", Cyclone another 8".
>>
>>48380575
No matter how playable their infantry actually are the infantrymachine is dead. It's jackmachine now. Unless some bane themes show up, banespam is dead.
>>
>>48385017
Melee hit way harder though and doesn't need to deal with clouds and stealth.
>>
Anyone got a copy of Into the Storm? Or the Rights of Passage? Or that flashpoint book? I just finished Wrath of the dragonfather and blood of kings, and wanna keep riding the fluff train.
>>
File: TheBloodofKings.pdf (1B, 486x500px)
TheBloodofKings.pdf
1B, 486x500px
>>48385935
I forgot the last line of that banana meme, but just pretend I typed it out anyway.
>>
>>48385963
>>48385935
I do have one of those
>>
>>48384784
>>48384795
What's so bad about Sturgis2?
>>
>>48386134
He's an off brand Cryx caster IN Cryx.
>>
>>48383650
Also, Amon is a beast now. Idrians are great. All of our heavy jacks are playable, and most of them are good.

Basically, Choir lost the hit bonus on Hymn of Battle, Harby, Bastions, and Vassals got nerfed. Everything else stayed the same and a lot of stuff got better. We lost some jack support, but due to Power Up we now run jacks better, and are only second to CoC in terms of running jacks in a jack-heavy edition.

It's a good time to be Menoth.
>>
>>48386134
The same as with Sturgis1. They are worse versions of other casters in the same faction. They are both perfectly playable, but there is no reason (gameplaywise) to ever ply them.
>>
>>48386740
What makes irdians good in mk3 all I see is a poor mans rifle corp.
>>
>>48387013
>Sturgis has Dark Shroud and can Teleport
>Sturgis has 7 MAT
>Sturgis can get two attacks for 1 focus
>Sturgis can make units have Stealth

I don't see what can top this
>>
>>48387254
Only the fourth of those points is actually worth something.
>>
File: compspells.jpg (175KB, 582x1626px) Image search: [Google]
compspells.jpg
175KB, 582x1626px
""Balancing""

3 years of MSPaint
>>
>>48387254
Sturgis also hits himself in the face every turn if you're not careful
>>
>>48387246
A lot of units look terrible if you compare them to one of the top3 units in the game.
>>
>>48387362
>Different casters
>Different games
>Different factions
>Skorne

What did you expect anon? Literally no one is surprised by Skorne being shite
>>
>>48385529
infantry machine will be back once people remember that WM infantry shred jacks and light infantry shred WM infantry. just watch.
>>
>>48387381
i also think PP recognized Fury > Focus in mk2 and swung too far the other way in trying to balance that, instead of just accepting that there can never be real balance when the systems work so different.

and they still think having animi justifies bad lock spell lists, after gutting most animi

shrug
>>
File: 4iXH7gif.gif (498KB, 300x222px) Image search: [Google]
4iXH7gif.gif
498KB, 300x222px
>>48380575
I have a local who switched into Cryx in Mk2 because they weren't good enough to win with their older faction. They gleefully picked up Cryx and proceeded to noobstomp anyone they could.

Now that Mk3 is out they refuse to play since they can't hack it anymore. The best part is they sold all of their Khador to switch to Cryx

The tears are glorious
>>
>>48387381
>Different casters
Yeah comparing a cster to himself is kind of pointless right?
>>Different games
Now come on.
>>Different factions
Well yes. That's true. But despite what the PPIDF might have told you, comparing between factions is totally valid. Skorne having worse casters would be fine if they had better beasts or better units or better support. But they don't.
>>Skorne
Precisely my point.

>What did you expect anon? Literally no one is surprised by Skorne being shite
I'm not going to lie, when Mk3 was announced I expected Skorne to be okay. Skorne would have been so easy to transfer to Mk3. They would have to do almost nothing. Yet they fucked up doing nothing. Yes, that is how hard they fucked up. Doing nothing (but doubling points costs I guess) would have been the far better. Yet they were too fucking stupid for that. Yes, I mad.
>>
>>48387410
>and they still think having animi justifies bad lock spell lists, after gutting most animi
This is my worst problem with their design currently. They just don't give all warlocks complete spell lists. Look at Rasheth. He's well-rounded heh and can actually do what he is intended to do. And then you look at stuff like Morg2 and start to seriously question how these designers manage to breathe.

>i also think PP recognized Fury > Focus in mk2 and swung too far the other way in trying to balance that
Somewhat. It seems more like they started reworking Warmachine and did a reasonably good job at it. Then they had a look at the calendar and went "Oh shit, release is in 2 weeks and we still haven't started on Hordes. Let's just wing it."
>>
>>48383650
Vindictus became great? Huh? Mind showing a list and battleplan? Because i sorta like the guy but i literally cannot see how to use him.
>>
>>48387415
I know about six dudes exactly like this.

Feels so good to be Ret. They look at me like I've personally attacked them by no longer being at a huge disadvantage against them.
>>
File: Screenshot_2016-07-21-09-21-11.png (726KB, 1080x1920px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2016-07-21-09-21-11.png
726KB, 1080x1920px
Been playing a ton of Malekus recently and holy crap is he awesome. List I've been running is attached. Have had no problems with Caine2, Durgen, Helleyne, or Denny1 so far. Just need the Revelator to officially release.
>>
>>48387587
Which brings me to my problem. Who is a good pair for Malekus? I'm still pretty new to Protectorate and I'm kind of stumped.
>>
>>48383546
Yes, they were slow, expensive and needed support.

Compare knights, cheaper and more mobile and witches with gang and incorp delivery.

Thralls I think were a problem at lower levels of play, but not so much at the tournament level
>>
>>48388099
The problem with Thralls was that they were an amazing second line unit to contrast with knights.

Like, Raiders gave you an amazing jamming unit, Knights gave you a superb alpha unit, and Thralls could close a game.
>>
I'm going to try and look on the bright side of the Cyclops Raider.

>16" range
>Boostable hit and damage
>Can see over small infantry so has less LOS issues
>Seems like a solid solo sniper or repeatable annoyance to heavies and lights
>NINE
>FUCKING
>POINTS

Ok I tried. Like, if it could pick where its damage went or something. Cyclops are supposed to be able to see into the future, but the Raider and Shaman have nothing to reflect that.
>>
>>48387254
He only gets dark shroud after he hits with both initials.

The only interesting spell he has is conviction since hes most likely going to occultate himself. I would rather just play gaspy1.
>>
>>48388131
Yeah but when are you taking all 3 in the same list?

For me in mkii there were only 2 casters I reached for them first- Terminus, Scaverous. I had to bring them with lich2 to deliver dork shroud.
Goreshade2 was the other big thrall caster, but I never played him
I mean they were a 20+ point unit when you factor in blt dw and saxon.
>>
I've been scouting around trying to find some reviews of the battle boxes, since I'm thinking of picking up a couple but there isn't much useful information. Could someone summarize the battle boxes (especially the new warlocks) or point me in the direction of somewhere to look for a review of how they play?
>>
>>48388253
in mk2, maybe gaspy3 as well

now, can't think of any reason to really take thralls
>>
Did we ever find out what happened with Goreshade's Eldritch army in Ios? Or what happened with CarverXBarnabas otp?
>>
>>48388163
Is the complaint here the cost? 9 points is cheap for a light beast in mk3
>>
>>48385167
you forgot that they also have assault, so after the nihlators run, they can assualt and shoot guys and then melee any that somehow survived the second volley.
>>
>>48388283
I made a venethrax with min thralls and 5 desecrators. It was amusing
>>
>>48388322
>9 points is cheap for a light beast in mk3
Meanwhile Khador gets an insanely powerful heavy for 12.
>>
>>48388322
uh, no? Gorax Rager and Wild Argus are both 7.
>>
>>48388322
bullsnappers are 5pts
>>
>>48388513
The scariest part about Bullsnappers is that with Rask and a Rassler, it's 5 points for PS18+3d6, and 2x PS18+2d6. You just point them at heavies and watch the aspects melt away.
>>
Aurora 1) Aurora, Numen of Aerogenesis [+29]
- Inverter [15]
- Inverter [15]
- Corollary [6]
- Diffuser [6]
Clockwork Angels [5]
Eradicators (max) [15]
- Transverse Enumerator [3]
Optifex Directive [4]
Steelsoul Protector [4]
Steelsoul Protector [4]
Steelsoul Protector [4]
Transfinite Emergence Projector [19]
- Permutation Servitors
Attunement Servitors [4]

ADR
Inverter 15
Mitigator 7
Accretion Servitors 2
Obstructors 11
Clockwork Angels 5

Pairing this with my mother gunline list, as something fast enough to not lose on The Pit and capable of clearing a zone every turn, with some added benefit against warjack spam(not that mother doesn't already destroy it).
>>
Been a long time since I played. I used to have trouble cracking khador heavy armor backed by karchev. Cygnet get any buffs this edition besides pretty measure?
>>
>>48388725
Cygnar*
>>
>>48379923
So I'm looking into this game and was just wondering what a good starting army would be. Not model wise, but faction wise. I've been looking at the Convergence a lot because they look the coolest.
>>
>>48388725
Pre measure. Godamn I hate spellcheck.
>>
>>48385935
Here ya go, I really liked getting a glimpse into the story of each Journeyman caster.
>>
File: wmh tiers 2.0.jpg (388KB, 1248x722px) Image search: [Google]
wmh tiers 2.0.jpg
388KB, 1248x722px
>>48388753
basiclly, not skorne.

all the other factions are really close to each other in power.
>>
>>48388806
What makes Khador so good?
>>
>>48388840
They have really effective shooting, good damage output, and high armor.
>>
>>48388882
Are they still the infantry faction or can I run more warjacks now?
>>
>>48388953
You can do whatever you want. Khador is a magical dreamland where you do everything better than any other faction.
>>
>>48388970
Might have to pick up some khador stuff then. They always had the best looking jacks IMO, but I always heard they weren't that good.
>>
>>48388953
they have a handful of casters that can support jack heavy lists, karchev, butcher 1, and hark
>>
>>48388368
I didn't say it was good, just cheap for Mk3 hordes

It's actually really bad. Oh God why am I playing a Hordes faction?

>>48388513
>>48388394
Right those are in the low end of the bell curve. 9 is below average for most factions and cheap for Skorne.
>>
>>48385963
Man, Magnus really is the biggest patriot there is.

Stryker has nothing on him. Strykers a glorified errand boy in comparison.
>>
>>48389023
>7 points
Drake
Krea
Razor Wurm
Agonizer

>8 points
Savage
Brute
Shaman

>9 points
Raider

That's all Skorne lights.
>>
>>48385935
>>48388768
Know what fug uploading individually. Here's a rar of all the Skull Island stuff I have + The Haley Story.
http://www79.zippyshare.com/v/C1lDDldr/file.html
>>
>>48388840
They have solid baseline troops and jacks and can make them shine via some of the best support in the game (mostly caster-based).
>>
>>48388806
I think cryx and minions are top tier, where legion and CoC are mid tier.
>>
>>48389109

Drake is 8 pts, but that's ok because it's worth it, fragile ARM and all.

Raider and Savages are tear-worthy. Everything on the Agonizer other than the damage de-buff is in the "theoretically possessed, you pay for it, never use it" category. The anti-spell bubble is the great offender, there- small enough that it can be dealt with by pre-measuring, means the Agonizer isn't doing anything else. But whatever, it works well enough.

Raider is very overcosted, though. Savage slightly overcosted. They probably should have changed the rules on them for mk3- Savage is still in its mk1 incarnation, and the Raider's use came from being a Far Strike caster. Combat-lights aren't assessed very well by PP. I'm pretty sure they never even thought to consider the opportunity costs of them sharing the same limited fury manpulation and beast support pool with other warbeasts.
>>
>>48389109
I'm surprised, I didn't think Skorne could suck any harder
>>
>>48389444
They want the Raider to be a stealth solo hunter, but Skorne has so many better options for doing that.

Like the Totem Hunter.
>>
>>48389444
The Agonizer is good at catching people off guard with assassinations. Can't transfer to a red hot beast.
>>
>>48389512
Best use of an Agonizer is putting him behind either a Garg or a couple Titans.
>>
>>48389542
Every tournament list I've seen with a Mammoth + Agonizer has failed miserably. I'd rather spend those 7 points on a max unit of Handlers to babysit him. Remember, you can Medicate multiple times.

Personally I consider the Agonizer a 2nd UA for Cetrati.
>>
Requesting a Vindictus list again. And pro tips about how to use the guy. Like him but no idea how to play him.
Oh and same with Reznik.
Even got no idea what do they love more - jacks or infantry.
>>
I cant believe skorne dont like the agonizer. Its darragh wraith that works on jacks istead of shooting. Its great
>>
>>48389790
The Agonizer is amazing. Just don't sit him behind a Mammoth.
>>
>>48389790

It's an auto-include, which makes it a tax. its also arm 13 with 13 boxes and must catch the *enemy* in its effect area. This got to "piss on me and tell me its raining" pretty quickly when they were talking up after all the armor and defense nerfs.

Hell, they even managed to piss off the "non-traditional" block of the player base, by tacitly unendorsing every list that didn't beast brick on some level with that "you can find your survivability in the agonizer" stunt.
>>
>>48389714
Guy in colorado took 6th with in it's pairings of some 50 people.
>>
>>48389933
Yeah I know. He went 4-0 with Morghoul1 then was forced to switch to Rasheth last round since you have to use both lists at some point. He lost that last round. Guess which list had the Mammoth+Agonizer in.
>>
>>48390026

Ouch!
>>
>>48389882
I dont consider Darragh Wraith a tax, I enjoy including him in 90% of my lists
>>
>>48390026
So he didn't run into the kind of list he wanted to drop Rasheth into. The entire rumble was heavily, heavily gunline, so he couldn't afford to drop the caster.

He was all set to win his game with Rasheth too if he hadn't fallen for an Mk3 gotcha as well.
>>
You know what would help Skorne without being broken in any way. Let beasts run for free. Not even charge, just run. It would make light spam possible. Not even broken, but possible.

I'd play janky shit like this:
(Naaresh 1) Master Ascetic Naaresh [+32]
- Basilisk Krea [7]
- Basilisk Krea [7]
- Basilisk Drake x8 [64]
Nihilators (max) [15]
Paingiver Beast Handlers (max) [7]
Paingiver Beast Handlers (max) [7]
>>
Question, what's the best way to get paint off a mix of metal and plastic models? I have an army I painted really badly a few years ago, and I would like to try my hand at it again.
>>
>>48390072
You could just let the Willbreaker run beasts for free.
>>
>>48390158
He doesn't do that.
>>
>>48390161
He doesn't do what that Anon said either. That's the point. I was making a suggestion for a buff.
>>
>>48390157
Sinple green. Soak for days, then scrub till your hands bleed. Rinse and repeat. Also wear gloves.
>>
>>48387587
I use him too, he is awesome.
I took 2 Repenters, 1 Revenger, Vanquisher, Reckoner and a Unit with Zealots and Cleansers.
Seeing the world burn is fun :-)
>>
>>48390157
Overnight soak in LA's totally awesome works very well. Makesure you have a stiff toothbrush
>>
File: Vindictus1_75.png (202KB, 421x703px) Image search: [Google]
Vindictus1_75.png
202KB, 421x703px
>>48389730

Charge stuff with Exemplar to win. The Choir+Covenant+Wracks+Lights keeps Vindictus and his battlegroup alive versus gunlines. The Reckoner provides late game presence and shoots stuff to lower defense before weaponmasters charge a thing. The Flame Bringers use defender's ward and pathfinder to position aggressively and not die. Feat and true path delivers exemplars. Anastasia for +1 to go first and a decent ambusher is just great value. Kell is a badass, though that could just as easily be Nicia. You want a small activation that can facilitate the movement of your exemplars into the enemy battlegroup.
>>
>>48390769
Well how will Exemplars make it to enemy lines alive?
>>
>>48389156
Someone should put this into the OP copypaste for futures peoples.
>>
Guys, I need your creative input. The standard Centurion spear is buttugly and highly impractical. Anyone have an idea what to replace it with? Preferably something with an appropriate hand already attached.
>>
>>48388368
comparing jacks and beasts is your problem.

PP has a design philosophy there. Jacks max at 3 focus (vs 4-5 forty for heavy beasts), jacks generally can't easily repair systems without points dedicated to support, jacks have more systems to lose, jacks don't have animi, jacks take caster resources instead of creating them or being parallel to them, and focus put on jacks that isn't used is wasted.

all of that results in lower cost.

I'm not saying I agree with their philosophy, because jacks were generally shit in mk2 but are largely way better than most heavy beasts in mk3, but they have a philosophy, and it's how they justify their costing.
>>
http://www.thewarstore.com/PIPPRE.html?var=deliriumcg

Haven't seen this posted (although to be fair, I've been crazy busy for several days).

October releases:

- Stormsmith Grenadiers
- Knights Exemplar Officer
- Satyxis Gunslingers
- Tiberion resculpt

No Revelator :(
>>
>>48388725
cygnar is, on paper, one of the top 2 factions in the game (along with khador). so yeah.

if you're playing vs a brick you're better off leveraging range and effects to assassinate, not to attrition. cygnar is not an attrition faction, by and large.
>>
>>48389400
cryx is not top tier. minions is though.
>>
>>48391149
>They'll release a resculpt of Tiberion but won't release a gargantuan that counters shooting when shooting just got a huge buff
>>
>>48390058
enjoying a tax doesn't make it not a tax

not saying darragh isn't a tax, but choir was a tax in mk2 and still is, but nobody bitches about it.
>>
>>48390948
True path and feat
>>
>>48388806
COC is certainly god tier.
>>
>>48391172
The hydra counters shooting :^)
>>
>>48391190
Okay. Gonna give a try.
>>
>>48391134

I play both sides (Circle, Menoth, little bit of Legion and Cygnar), and tend to think that it's fairly balanced at the high end, but ridiculously unbalanced at the low end.

As in, a Vanquisher and a Pureblood Warpwolf, both 17 points, are roughly balanced.

However, there's nothing in Hordes that is in the same league as a Crusader at 10 points or even a Castigator at 12 points.
>>
>>48390979
2nd time I've posted it now. Nobody updates the textuploader anymore.It's still all Mk 2 shit and none of the novels or Mk 3 books are in it.
>>
>>48391217
Well, unless they just walk out of command range. The highest of which Skorne has is 10" on Makeda and Xerxis. So like, it doesn't counter shooting at all.
>>
>>48390948
Use Anastasia to try to get an advantaged start. Going first to run just out of gun ranges will work in the majority of matchups. Take WGRC as the shooters, for example. Those guys threaten 20 inches, so you can run just under 11 inches and not get shot on turn 1. On turn 2, you run 12 inches with true path under feat to not get shot. On turn 3, you charge with 11 inch threat. That threatens everything but the back 7 inches of board space. With that sort of aggressive movement and the massive amount of defensive tricks for Vindictus to stay alive himself, you should be able to stand Vindictus anywhere you need to go to dominate a scenario and put pressure on the enemy to stay in your threat range, as long as you aren't playing Line Breaker, that is.
>>
>>48391239
Only you, anon, can be the hero this land needs! Break us useless losers out of our systemized nerd apathy!
>>
>>48391332
WGRC? Whats that lol? I am new to the game.
>>
>>48391390
Winter Guard Rifle Corps. They are among the best infantry shooting in the game.
>>
>>48391164
People are down on Cryx but they play very well into skews. They still have quite a few top tier casters, unlinke Legion.

>>48391186
I intrepret 'tax' as something that is essential for the army to function (stone, chior). DW is not that.
I think I got off of point a little though
>>
>>48391558
Oh okay.
>>
>Turn 1 run my Bellows Crew 25" from your Invictus and Blur my Nihilators
>Turn 2 drop a cloud and have DEF18 Nihilators

Go ahead, shoot.
>>
File: Stormfall-Archers_0.png (161KB, 498x260px) Image search: [Google]
Stormfall-Archers_0.png
161KB, 498x260px
>>48391866
>18 DEF
>Go ahead, shoot

>13 ARM
Okay
>>
>>48391753
>unlike legion
lol
>>
>>48392080
>pow 6 blast damage
nice la
>>
Would there by any chance be a repository of warmachine/hordes art anywhere? I'd like to use them for a game im running and most of the google images i get are a bit low rez.
>>
>>48392090
Well the vayls have no reason to exsist and lylith2 is much different. Searin (sp) also no bueno with not much to show for it
>>
File: DAT ARM DO.png (18KB, 731x366px) Image search: [Google]
DAT ARM DO.png
18KB, 731x366px
>>48392150
You do realize that in the most likely scenario half of your 15 point unit will be killed by a 9 point unit from 16 inches out. Especially if you're clumping up inside the 5" cloud. Tough will only help you so much.
>>
>>48392320
You have less than a 50% chance of breaking arm, and are still scatter reliant.
Not to mention I could always bring a krea
>>
>>48392281
the vayls have no reason to exist

do you even play this game
>>
>>48392372
Oh boy, here we go. So if you've got a Krea in the middle of them providing more DEF and blast immunity, then a Daemon with Phantom Hunter hitting the Krea will likely nuke a good chunk of the unit.

Plus there wouldn't even be enough room in the cloud for the majority of the unit anyways.
>>
>>48391866
Def18, lol.

Rat 6
Aim 2
Deadeye 3.5
56% chance to roll 7 or higher
= gg

Or I'll just charge you with the sentinels or halbs who are in charge of screening the invictors.
>>
>>48390060
What was the mk3 gotcha?
>>
>>48390060
Don't you think it says something about the list that there wasn't a single game he wanted to play it instead of his other list?
>>
File: JMdUBrJ.jpg (122KB, 1200x675px) Image search: [Google]
JMdUBrJ.jpg
122KB, 1200x675px
So I'm a big 40k and tabletop in general player and I recently moved to Seattle from a small town, and finally decided to give Warmachine a shot since I live in a place with a playerbase. I've been somewhat interested in playing Trencher themed Cygnar since I like the models, and my understanding is they got a lot better with the recent update where as people were saying they sucked before. I've written up a list, could people let me know if it'd be able to hold up it's own? Not interested in being WAAC but dont want to lose all the time obviously.

War Room Army

Cygnar - New Army

Theme: No Theme Selected
72 / 75 Army

Major Markus 'Siege' Brisbane - WJ: +28
- Triumph - PC: 20 (Battlegroup Points Used: 20)
- Grenadier - PC: 9 (Battlegroup Points Used: 8)
- Minuteman - PC: 9
- Sentinel - PC: 8

Trench Buster - PC: 6
Captain Maxwell Finn - PC: 6
Trencher Master Gunner - PC: 4

Trencher Infantry - Leader & 9 Grunts: 16
- Trencher Infantry Officer & Sniper - Officer & Standard: 5
- Trencher Infantry Rifle Grenadier - PC: 2
Trencher Cannon Crew - Gunner & 2 Grunts: 6
Trencher Chain Gun Crew - Gunner & Grunt: 5

Also I've been painting them up as Silver and muted grey/blue, with snow effects on the base. Thought I'd fluff them a fighting on the Khador front so wanted more winter colors. Will people complain about an alt color scheme like that? Quick shitty picture of what I've painted so far.
>>
>>48391753
If you think Legion is worse of then Cryx, you haven't played both. Legion has a solid MK3 game, it just changed from MK2. The only solid thing Cryx has is the knowledge you will get shot to pieces before you arrive.
>>
>>48388163

LOS is dependant on the target, not on the cyclops medium base you mongoloid
>>
Added Wild Adventures and NQ 66

http://textuploader<dot>com / 5e4ql
>>
>>48394601
>you dont play legion!

thats true, but, I do play Cryx almost exclusivly. I think they're fine, if uninspired. Cryx can still melt armor and dudespam really is not dead. I play against Legion constantly and listen to the players in my community tho, most of them are jumping to Khador or Cygnar I believe.

>feeding gunlines
yeah, well what are you going to do? Best I can hope for is a trench to hide Darragh in the midfield while I run arm 21 inflictors up the board
>>
>>48394458
That he doesn't want to play Rasheth into gunlines?

Yea, I think that says a lot. Rasheth doesn't like gunlines. I don't think the Garg changes that much, unless he specifically techs against them, which he did with his other list.
>>
>>48393840
Reznik's character jack, whatever the name is, can now make two full advances before it activates.
>>
I'm getting back into the game and I want to know if there is a way to slaughter infantry armies rapidly. I play Cygnar and like to play many jacks.
>>
>>48389156 >>48395863 >>48379923
I made a more updated version with Mk 3 books on top, Mk 2 books all in one section, and Skull Island rar towards the bottom. Please add this to the next OP in place of the outdated one.
textuploader<dot>com / 5e4p5
>>
Is there an exact date on when August's releases are due in stores? My local Journeyman is starting tomorrow, and for week 4 I'm thinking about adding some Banes in that I'll be getting from the 2 player. I'm in Australia if that helps, and specifically the 2 player box
>>
i like how cygnar being OP is even represented in the lore. Allison jakes, an ironclad and a unit of trenchers takes on Harbinger, a colossal, and 100 zealots and wins lol
>>
>finally see a picture of Soles
>everything suddenly clicks
Can that stupid ponce hairstyle die out already?
>>
File: 1460955515403.jpg (76KB, 499x349px) Image search: [Google]
1460955515403.jpg
76KB, 499x349px
>>48387618
This is a good question, since people will always bring fire immune stuff, which thanks to PP are now multiplying ever further. I'd personally go for Severius2. You have control, can clear support pieces and solos flawlessly with his feat and assassinate the shit out of people with 2 ashes to ashes from BoV and some "I can see into forever" shots from Reckoners and other ranged jacks. Brings a lot of focus support.

>>48387555
With Vinnie, you just have to look at the fact his old feat is now a spell, he is affected by True Path and his new feat is utterly bonkers.

His battleplan is now simpler than ever with the fall of our medium infantry:

Jam superfast with daughters and flamebringers as you juggle the upkeeps on them. Laugh as your second wave smashes at speed at the enemy. Jacks are wave 3. Vinnie was never a subtle caster, but now he supports his army much better. Feel free to use Sanctifiers with so much infantry. I just play this:

Vindictus1 (Vice Scrutator Vindictus)

Crusader
Crusader
Crusader

Choir of Menoth (Leader and
)

Daughters of the Flame

Daughters of the Flame

Flame Bringers (Leader and
)

Knights Exemplar

Knights Exemplar Officer

Exemplar Cinerators (Leader and
)

Reclaimer Gatekeeper
>>
>>48395556
But a medium base can see the volume of a small base over any number of small base models.
>>
>>48399592
Uh, no.
>>
>>48399605
Then that's dumb because my volume can see your volume.
>>
>>48399592
See adn that's why I wish they just removed those stupid volume rules from the rulebook already. They almost never apply. They only apply when you want to see a model over terrain, not over other models. But all hills and walls are 1" high anyway and I've never seen a game (okay, that's a live, there was one on some youtube channel) where obstructions weren't handled as infinitely high.

In short: Forget about those volume rules, they never matter.
>>
>>48399611
Volume doesn't apply.

The rules for LOS require you to draw a line from the attacker to the target, and that line can't pass over an equal or larger sized base as the target. Volume never comes into it.
>>
>>48399641
That's dumb. You're telling me a Cannoneer can't see a small guy just because there's 2 small guys in front of it?
>>
>>48399686
Rules first, common sense second.

There's a lot of shit that doesn't make sense in Warmahordes, but a lot of it is to keep the game more balanced.
>>
>>48399686
It is fucking dumb, but only because model volume should have been deleted from the rulebook entirely, because it's a terrible way of determining anything second only to TLOS.
>>
>>48399703
Model volume only comes up in more wonky games, and is just a way to resolve weirder interactions.

It's not like you need model volume 99% of the time, but it's covered if you do need it.
>>
>>48388320
>Walked into Scyrah's room while the Skorne Distract everyone
>Scyrah and Nyssor apparently were saving their strength for desperate times
>New "As of yet unnamed" Champion of Scyrah walked out and led the armies to push the Skorne and Eldritch Army back
>>
>>48397735
Depends on the infantry.
As in, will pow 10s do it? Or do you need trickery, buffs, or just more pow? Also, Melee or ranged etc.

But infantry machine is not quite so prevalent. So don't into over anti-infantry your lists.

I like the smell of 2 grenadiers and a couple of trenchers to load them package, for Many aoe3 pow 13s. Reliant put aoe into play for a round. Then you have lightning generating and/or electro leaping jacks...

Not to mention the snackbar potential Minutemen have!
>>
>Playing vs Legion
>He only has beasts
>I have infantry
>My infantry now has no targets because he doesn't have infantry
>They do nothing all game and I lose
What's the point of infantry exactly? It feels like snipers sniping snipers.
>>
>>48399892
Well you take quality infantry. Not just a bunch of shitters. Everything needs to have a role, and the abilities to fulfill said role.
Counter sniping is valid. What are you going to do instead? Commit a tank to take out one guy? Call in an air strike to take out one guy?
>Murica, fuck yeah!
>>
>>48400001
I mean snipers sniping snipers as in I have X in my list, whose only role is to kill the X in my opponent's list. If I put Nihilators on the table and my opponent has no infantry, what exactly can these Nihilators do? They aren't going to put much of a dent in an average heavy.
>>
>>48400018
Charging POW12s does on average 5.5 points of damage to an ARM19 heavy. That's 33 points of damage if 6 of them charge, enough to kill most heavies.

Nihilators are also acceptable for jamming and holding zones, being a pain for your opponent to deal with.
>>
>>48400178
Charging POW12s do an average of 3.5 each to an ARM19 heavy.
>>
>>48400215
Yea, did my math wrong.

Not enough to kill, assuming no armor debuffs(which Skorne actually has a decent amount of now), but still pretty decent for putting some damage on the thing.
>>
>>48400230
>armor debuffs(which Skorne actually has a decent amount of now)
Rasheth and worseRasheth. That's it.
>>
>>48400230
I don't want my 15pt unit to do "some damage" to a 14pt heavy. I swear to god if Nihilators were in another faction they'd have weapon master. They lost fearless and gained nothing in Mk3.
>>
>>48400251
>if Nihilators were in another faction they'd have weapon master
They ARE in a different faction and the DO have weapon master there. And AD. And +1P+S. And spell immunity.
>>
>>48400237
LITERALLY double the amount we had in Mk2.
>>
>>48400300
So, 2?
>>
Is there anything in the regular rulebook that is not included in the digest sized one?
>>
>>48401504
A bunch of fiction that reads like model advertisements?
>>
>>48401609
So just fluff? The rules themselves aren't skimmed?
>>
>>48401648
No, that's the point of the mini rulebook. All the rules, in a tiny, easy to use package.
>>
File: paingiver.png (489KB, 571x707px) Image search: [Google]
paingiver.png
489KB, 571x707px
I started playing this game on a friends reccomendation and im struggling a little with some rules.

Paingiver Beast Handlers have a couple of * actions on the unit. How does this work? Does only the leader get to use these abilities? Or can every model use one? If they do, can they each use a different one?

The rulebook reference seems really bad but maybe thats cus im new to it.
>>
>>48401724
So, see how the heading above the special rules says 'Leader & Grunts'? That means that all the rules apply to all the models. If only the Leader got those rules, it would just say 'Leader' on the heading. Each of them can perform a different * Action, so long as they can perform a normal action. I.E. they're in formation and haven't recieved the run/charge order (I don't remember it's new name)
>>
>>48401724
When you activate a model, it first gets to move, called its "normal movement", then you get an action, represented by that star. You can spend your star on one of each of your attacks, or other special actions like those. Each model gets a star to spend.
>>
So how's doing in MK3? Read the first two books, and they finally got their gonads out of the cucklock from the looks of things.
>>
How does Legion avoid getting their beasts shot from across the table?

We don't seem to have the health to survive getting shot up on the approach and then there's Alten Ashley....

I dunno, feels like Legion doesn't feel like they can do anything?
>>
>>48402243
I love how there's a solo that explicitly shits on Legion.
>>
>>48402185
Hope you like gunlines.

Hope you don't play Skorne.
>>
>>48400237
>>48400300
>>48400987

Enough for a tournament pairing; enough for a faction. Rasheth and not-quite-Rasheth vs. The Combined Forces of the Meta (hope you like Sentries).
>>
>>48402485
I thought I wrote Cygnar in my previous post. But anyway, gunlines is the Cygnar thing? Alrighty then.
>>
Soooo are there any picks of the "art of warmachine and hordes" seminar from PP? Apparently there's some more complete artwork of the journeyman-upgraded to full casters, and dudes are wearing up and down Malakov is in MoW armor.

I would like to see this, to put it in the slideshow.
>>
>>48402693
Gunlines are Cygnar, Khador, Menoth, Mercs, and Rets thing.

Circle got the tech to ignore gunlines for the most part.

Legion gets it dick shot up on the approach.

Cryx has fallen from grace, thank god.
>>
>>48403340

I think Legion has the tools to gunline back if you want to go that approach. Ravagore still is good, Archers are cheap with CRA, Lylyth2 still does dumb shit at a closer range.
>>
>>48403469
Oh they do, Lylyth2/3 are still very much a thing,
but I feel all the non-pro players are trying to stick to the MKII tech they are used to, just like the jackass circle people who can't accept that their faction is very different now.
>>
>>48402982
MoWkalov would be amazing. Do you think it'd just be part of his training or is that going to be his thing now?
>>
http://privateerpress.com/community/privateer-insider/insider-07-22-2016

If anyone needed any evidence that Soles is actually kind of bad at this game, here it is:

http://privateerpress.com/community/privateer-insider/insider-07-22-2016
>>
>>48403520
I haven't read his fluff, but I understand his character is the up and coming/bastard carreerist officer who uses the shit out of his men and jacks.

Wouldn't surprise me at all he'd finangle his track into the MoW corp, maximizing his survival and accumulating as much elite rank/bonfides as he can.

Of course, the hat alone will make his sculpt amazing.
>>
>>48402982
>Malakov is in MoW armor.

It looks like regular warcaster armor to me.
>>
What do you guys think of the new circle mist riders? I think they have potential with kruegar2
>>
>>48403882
>For in their tongue, he is Aiakos... MEDIOCRE BORN!
>FUCK MY SHIT PP SENPAI!~
>>
File: THERE IS A LOT GOING ON HERE.jpg (67KB, 724x441px) Image search: [Google]
THERE IS A LOT GOING ON HERE.jpg
67KB, 724x441px
>>48403523
>http://privateerpress.com/community/privateer-insider/insider-07-22-2016

>One warjack(colossal)
>One min unit winterguard
>COSMIC FUCKING JOE to support the SINGLE MINIMUM UNIT OF WINTERGUARD who are going to get shot/aoe'd off the table in one turn
>Two gun carriages
>TWO FUCKING GUN CARRIAGES

I cannot believe how bad this list is.
Let's just look at the numbers:
>24 models on the table
>Around 23 attacks per turn
>4 melee attacks at MAT 6 that can hurt heavy armor (two from the conquest and two from the gun carriages) And can get three more by buying on the conquest, which is unlikely to happen since if there's ANY defensive tech on the board he'll need to boost to even fucking hit
>5 ranged attacks at RAT5/4 that can hurt heavy armor (two more if you CRA the winterguard infantry in groups of three) The gun carriage and conquest cannons are VERY RARELY going to ever hit.
>The vast majority of the damage he's going to be doing is POW6-8 blast damage which literally cannot hurt most heavy jacks/beasts and will almost never damage most light jacks/beasts
>Trample on the gun carriages is almost useless since they will quickly get jammed by medium and large bases which can't be trampled over
>Health pool for the entire army is so fucking low, just a few good hits will cripple huge segments of it

I mean maybe if it's just a goofy 'for fun' list sure, do whatever the fuck you want, but don't pretend like a bucket of blast damage is going to do ANYTHING for you with how tilted towards jacks/beasts and ARM skews mk3 is.

I'd almost pay money to watch him get stomped by any realistic list.
>>
>>48403882
Yeah, that's why I'm wondering what artwork these kids were talking about. They probably saw the Greylord solo, and we can chalk this one up to forum autism
>>
>>48404031
I would only take them in min Units. They have a little synergy with both circle gargs and might be cute to play with in a friendly game.
>>
>>48403513
I'm not sure if I have enough of an incentive to use archers.

I also used my archers as tester for paint schemes so they are literally clown models.
>>
>>48403882
I hope malakov has teleport now.

Psycho crusher!
>>
File: enlarged_bison_480.jpg (28KB, 480x240px) Image search: [Google]
enlarged_bison_480.jpg
28KB, 480x240px
>>48404752
Sneaky toe pose pls PP
>>
>>48404180
Last edition he routinely got FISTed, and was 100% butthurt about it "...Cataphracts were reduced from 8 to 5 five damage boxes. We decided that massed blocks of heavy infantry were getting a little out of hand. Those blocks often fell somewhere between no fun to play against to disheartening, so we reduced the resources required to take them out...".

Little surprise how much trouble he had, seeing that he can't build a list to save his life.
>>
>>48404896
Fuck, go all in, give him a spell called Safety Scissors.
>>
>>48404626
I was thinking of using them as a mobile cloudwall for kreugar2? Idk, I'm new to circle
>>
>>48402243
Use the scather crews and ravagores to block out the sun :)
>>
How is the bane cav in mk3 I haven't had a chance to try out mk3 and they, albeit being expensive pointswise, were super fun to use
>>
>>48405787
Still expensive (20 pts), lost 3 in of threat (now 1 in reach and curse does not give +2 movement).

IIRC, otherwise unchanged.
>>
Has anyone played with Nemo2 in mk3? What are your thoughts? What should I be taking with Surfin' Neems?
>>
>>48405787
The only bonuses they have is ghostly and 18 arm. Otherwise soulhunters might be better, imo.
>>
So, I'm thinking about getting in to Warmahordes and was wondering if you guys could give me a short breakdown of how each faction plays.
>>
>>48405863
Cygnar: we're the ranged faction. Most of our guys have some kind of gun or ranged attack and we hit with our guns more often than most other factions. We have a worse melee game than other factions with out infantry but our snazzy jacks often make up for it. Our elemental type is electricity and many of our guys can do some kind of chain lightning attacks on our guns or swords.
>>
>>48405863
Cryx- dudes, dudes,dudes. Debuffs, good casters, fragile jacks
>>
>>48405863
Convergence - If you look at any one model in our army, they all suck, but watch all of them together do some stupid bullshit.

And also I'm not going to tell you how it all works unless it's on your clock.
>>
>>48399523
K ty, will try this stuff aswell.
>>
What do I do with all of these extra arms?
>>
>>48405863
Khador: All of Russian history, steampunk Russian history, and alternate WW2 Russian history jammed into one army, and also the mythic version of Vlad Tepes, for some reason.
>>
>>48405863
Legion: Everything has massive teeth and oh god get it off of my legs. Also dark elves.
>>
>>48404180
Did we ever figure out what the Soles hair thing was? Like... is it a mohawk that he just didn't get a chance to spike that day ("that day" being every time he poses for a photo op)? Or is it... no, actually, I can't even think of another possibility.
>>
>>48406917
From a multikit?

Either keep them for possible conversion opportunities, or pitch them. Or next time you get a kit, get a drill kit and magnets, and magnetize so you can swap out and get your money's worth.
>>
>>48407212
I wanted to magnetize, but don't have the time/money/knowledge of where to buy the stuff locally before the next Journeyman League day.
>>
>>48407136
He's Gary oldman from 5th element
>>
File: Roger.jpg (18KB, 400x300px) Image search: [Google]
Roger.jpg
18KB, 400x300px
>>48407136
>>
>>48407237
Magnets are retarded cheap, a pin vise (tiny hand drill) is easy to come by at hobby shops, and it's really not worth just glueing one varient of a multikit.
>>
>>48407569
>>48407237

I want to jump on this conversation and say that even if cost isn't a motivator for magnetizing, bag space probably should be.

Makes me wished I magnetized my jacks
>>
>>48407881
I magnetized all my jacks, light and heavy. Lights I magnetized at the waist so I could pull their top halves off to leave wreck markers. And now that they don't exist I'm still glad I did it since they're easier to pack.
>>
>>48407881
Doing the medium base infantry in Convergence was easily the best project I ever did. Those arms take up a shitload of space, and it lets you only pack two units and still be able to put anything on the table.
>>
>>48407569
Can I get the magnets locally from a hobby store or similar?
>>
>>48407984
generally yeah. my LGS stocks magnets in a ton of sizes
>>
>>48405105
man the implication that he designs based around his personal game results is super disheartening.

>>48404180
personally i don't see it as the worst list ever, it's just not a list for sorscha, and it's short on bodies to boot. you could make it pretty serviceable with a couple tweaks (removing 1 carriage is a good start) but yeah, taken on its own, it's rather WTF
>>
>>48394543
nobody that cares about color schemes should be taken seriously. this isn't 40k where a color scheme literally tells your opponent rules for the army.

what is the goal of this list exactly? i mean it's a perfectly fluffy "trench!" list but aside from that - what questions does it ask and what questions does it answer?

also don't play down 3 points.
>>
>>48397735
congrats you picked the obvious mk3 push button faction, you should be fine
>>
>>48399892
beast/jack heavy is the baseline mk3 meta (jack heavy especially)

this will gradually give way when people remember that the best way to kill jacks is quality infantry, and that the best way to kill quality infantry is with single wound infantry
>>
Khador bros I havent played in ages. Are MoW worth it in the new edition?
>>
>>48408310
Yes! Well, shock troopers are. But we're waiting for their UA to come out, which really helps them.
>>
>>48408092

I feel like it's less that and more how D&D 3.5 was balanced. They assume the players are going to play something in a specific way (sword and board fighter, healbot cleric, blasty wizard, and rogue) and balance things based on that.

Then players actually get their hands on it, and it's a whole nother story.
>>
>>48404711

I somewhat agree. They're boring as hell, but they're also only 13 points and have a CRA with Arching Fire.

If the jackspam lists are going to be super common in this meta, having two units backed up by a Boltthrower for positioning/knockdowns might not be a bad plan.

The real question is if the UA is worth it.
>>
>>48408536
archers = 3 POW 21 CRAs on lylyth2 Feat turn.
>>
>>48408442
Yeah. I mean certainly every faction has core play styles that define its mechanics which PP has determined for variability. What's frustrating is when players clearly trend toward doing something different (i.e. Cryxing Different for example) and the response is to remove some of those different options (leaving you with the options of Cryxing Harder or selling faction).

So I guess I wish they would be more interested in supporting alternate play styles that clearly exist in the faction mechanics. Not having them play all the same. But not locking out more than a single general style of play for a whole faction.

And some factions feel very versatile, i.e., the design actively supports multiple play styles and the faction is decent at all of them if the list is built for it, while others simply do not, or the versatility design just means they're good at nothing.

Forcing a Healbot Cleric playstyle is frustrating if everyone realizes that's the least fun way to play a Cleric, but you're still forced to do it by the game itself.
>>
File: Lylyth2_75.png (168KB, 421x573px) Image search: [Google]
Lylyth2_75.png
168KB, 421x573px
>>48408569

Probably too beast heavy, but it looks like it could be fun.
>>
>>48408310
Shocktroopers are pretty decent. The Kovnik now has Desperate Pace, so that alleviates the speed issue overall and the Shocktroopers have a new UA coming out that gives Assault, Steady, and Sturdy.
The Bombardiers are pretty much the same but now they're cheaper (same cost as shocktroopers) and they've got CRA (which, technically, they already had for a little bit at the end of Mk2 due to errata). Not sure they're all that great, but they're definitely better.
Demo Corps I'm pretty lukewarm on. They're a point cheaper than the other two units, but they traded their special attacks for some extra POW and Crit:Freeze. Not sure they're worth it over shocktroopers given their damage output isn't hugely superior and they're significantly more killable.

Oh, also, all ManoWars are repairable.
>>
>>48408140
Yeah, just realized I could take a Field Mechanic for 3 points. So that's rounded off. Anyway I wanted to use Siege for his feat to have a response to high ARM stuff, wanted a Minuteman because fuckyeah Jetpacks, and basically wanted a shooty Imperial Guard-esque force with some blast support. I have no idea what the meta and junk is in Warmachine, but like I said I'm not WAAC.
>>
>>48408046
Spoilers: I am the manager of my LGS.
>>
>>48408644
it's not too beast heavy in general. it's too beast heavy with the support you've taken, i.e. none.

i'd lose one of the archer units, add a deathstalker, add 3 shepherds, and see what you still have points for. and remember ravagores are gross as hell in melee!
>>
Is there a clearer version of the Cygnar faction deck or is it just the one that says Confidential on every card?
>>
How does building a Merc list work?
>>
>>48409371
You pick a caster, then you add some jacks and units and solos and shit until you run out of points.
>>
>>48409425
So, there are no restriction like Four Star, etc?
>>
>>48409445
Merc Contracts and Minion Pacts no longer exist.

The only thing like that now is that Cephalyx can't be run except as part of the Cephalyx theme force.
>>
File: 33121_Behemoth2016_WEB.jpg (357KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
33121_Behemoth2016_WEB.jpg
357KB, 600x600px
>>
>>48409491
That's good to hear, I was thinking of starting with Mercs and reading the restrictions with Contracts and Pacts was a bit confusing.
>>
>>48409503
Muh dick

>Muh hoksune
>>
>Shit talk Doug Hamilton
>He posts a spoiler for you

Enjoy lads.
>>
>>48409825
>DOUBLE SCYTHE
>A WEAPON WITH NO WEAKNESSES
>>
>>48405863
Cygnar: guns guns guns. If phrases like "gun mages" who wear tricorn hats or tesla coil weaponry make you wet, play this.

Khador: the big red machine. Based off common stereotypes of sovit russia, complete with ushanka hats, hot Russian qt waifus, and overengineered, mass produced warmachines, backed by hordes of screaming patriots.

Ret: elf queda.

Cryx: undead horde forces, evil privateers, high def (hard to hit) jacks, headed by power warcasters who rely on offensive debuts to shore up generally poor, high quanitity low quality stats. Strong nautical theme.

Protectorate: 14th century crusades. Formerly Cygnaran religious colony who seceded with armed labor jacks, faith, and steel balls. Denial faction; ignore/remove enemy buffs, who punish opponents' game plan. Choir of menoth cornerstone of faction.

Convergence: art deco, "Metropolis" inspired robot faction who functions like solving algorithms with their convection rule. Playstyle demands solid planning but is very rewarding when said plans come together.
>>
>>48409162
just buy a fucking deck or war room you cheap piece of shit
>>
>>48409509
Maybe you should read mk3 rules, i.e., the current rule set.
>>
>>48409944
someone doesn't know the differences between soviet and imperial russia

khador is a blend of both.
>>
>>48405863
Skorne: ancient empire come to make war on the West. Inspired by all military of anitquity; Carthage, Greco-Roman,Persian, and many Asiatic stereotypes. Domineering and brutal, but relaint on a game plan and specific support pieces to handle the match. Not an easy faction to succeed with.

Circle: also not easy to play, but pagan druid, celtic/germanian inspired druids with werewolves and stone constructs. Heavily reliant on movement shenanigans with out of the box thinking. Won't win most straight up fights bit can straight up manhandle some opponents with few casualties.

Legion: giant fucking land sharks, flying beasts, backed up by skilled but poorly armored, sexy dark elves. Recently switched from a beast heavy to combined arms playstyle, very volatile and dangerous.

Trolls: the brick. High armor, competent shooting, with good support. Will outmuscle opponents who make mistakes or are outplayed. High risk for warbeast frenzy.
>>
>>48410066
My Russian history is very shoddy, there's a ton of bolshevik, rasputin junk in there too. The jacks and 5th border legion paint scheme are def cold war era stereotype, though.
>>
>>48410066
Also a steam punk baba yaga, who is fucking awesome and about as well understood as her Slavic namesake.
>>
>>48409825
Elara 2 be like
>>
>>48384920
Easy to hit stuff to trigger brutal damage couple this with b1's feat or vlad1's S&P and you can deal some major hurt.
>>
>>48383377
Legion: Hellmouth.
>>
>>48410327
or sorscha1's feat. or sorscha2's feat. or irsk2's feat. or irusk1's feat. etc etc
>>
>>48410391
It's good and awesome. So great
>>
>>48410067

>Skorne: ancient empire come to make war on the West. Inspired by all military of anitquity; Carthage, Greco-Roman,Persian, and many Asiatic stereotypes. Domineering and brutal, but reliant on a game plan and 50 points of support pieces to handle the match. Not an easy faction to succeed with.

Made it more accurate for you
>>
So... romcom with Sorcha and Butcher setting aside their differences and trying to break up Vlad and the Empress and hilarity ensues when?
>>
>>48410783
You know that Sorcha and Vlad are straight up a thing, right?
>>
>>48410862

And Butcher is the Empress's #1 fan and devoted personal enforcer. That's the premise.
>>
>>48410947
Why would Vlad try to hook up with a woman he's not exactly a huge fan of, especially when he loves the fuck out of Sorcha?

And why would the empress stop having lesbo BDSM sex with Zerkova?
>>
>>48411002
The Empress is marrying Vlad in the fluff as a political thing.
>>
File: Screenshot_2016-07-23-11-17-59.png (641KB, 1080x1920px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2016-07-23-11-17-59.png
641KB, 1080x1920px
I am thinking of running this bethayne list. I am just getting back into warmahordes after cheating on it with 40k. I also plan to pair her with abby2
>>
>>48410862
they were. i don't think they have been since they went epic in mk1.
>>
>>48411147
why archers?

this doesn't really take much advantage of the feat - not enough beasts.

and hex hunters suck pretty bad now.
>>
I'm hoping to start playing at my lgs but don't know what to play. I have a cryx army and the circle oroboros kit from the 2 player battlebox but don't really feel like playing either. How does skorne play?
>>
>>48411166
My local meta is ret, khador & cryx so i need dude spam removal.
Archers for dual role of cra or removal of chaff at range.
Blight wasps are there for extra beasts for feat turn ro help make the hexblades trigger battle wizard and kill more things/spread more pow13hits or to use shadowbind.
Other stuff does its normal job.
>>
>>48411246
>How does skorne play?
it loses
>>
>>48410067

>Recently switched from a beast heavy to combined arms playstyle,

I wouldn't quite say switched.

Beast heavy is still easy as hell to do, and for the most part their fury management was relatively intact.
>>
>>48411317
How bad? Should I just not bother even looking into them then?
>>
>>48411337
Not quite that bad, but yea, pretty bad.
>>
>>48411337
Its like playing nidz in 40k without using any flying creatures.
>>
>>48411345
>>48411350
huh... alright, I'll try to find another race that strikes my fancy
>>
>>48411350
Horseshit.

If they were that bad, then they wouldn't be able to place at a 50 man tourney.

Skorne has some problems, yes, but they're not that much in the gutter.

And a lot of their problems are only really evident in high level play, where that shit starts to matter.
>>
>>48411372
Like, if you're just starting out, you're a long, long way from the point where the tiers will matter. There's plenty of other shit you've got to learn about the game before you get competitive enough that Skorne's problems become evident.

And hell, by the time you do, the faction might have been buffed or some other shit might have changed.
>>
>>48411404
alright, know what, I'll give em a shot. Is there any specific units I should start with? or is the battle box for skorne not bad?
>>
>>48411372

that is a wise decision. pretty much the only ones who defend skorne are fucking morons who bought into the faction and are trying to justify their wasted money, and the kind of outright fanboys who post that they love everything soles writes on all his insiders on the forum.

Basically, if you start with skorne you're shooting yourself in the knee cap, and trying to run 100m race against a heap of people who have been running for (however long they've been playing) and have no injuries.

If you want to waste a heap of money to drag your leg along behind you leaving a trail of blood and hoksune, thats the kind of thing that turns the skorne on, otherwise just play a real faction
>>
>>48411251

You aren't getting Shadowbind without Bayal.

The tricky thing is Bethayne is better for cracking armor or taking down big threats like jack spam, especially with something like Swordsmen under in her group. Your current loadout is very much working against her feat. The Warspears aren't bringing a high enough volume of attacks for their price, the Hex Hunters only benefit from Ashen Veil and are otherwise sort of lackluster with her, and the Archers miss out on her feat entirely.

On the bright side you have a pretty good start to a pThags list. His spells support the Warspears and Hex Hunters much better than Bethayne.
>>
>>48411438
Man, you're on the troll train today, aren't you?
>>
>>48411002

Peasants marry for love, Anon.
>>
>>48411468

hey if you want to trick a new player into buying into a faction they'll regret, i think that makes you the bigger troll you fucktard.

you want the game to grow? try not ruining it for new players..
>>
>>48411372
>>48411350
>>48411345

All this flack about skorne makes me really wonder if it's worth getting into... Should I stick with Cryx or should I try trollbloods? They seem pretty neat
>>
File: 1468419602378.jpg (51KB, 514x536px) Image search: [Google]
1468419602378.jpg
51KB, 514x536px
>>48411502
>buying tiny statues for the associated rules
>>
>>48411502
Everything you're talking about Skorne lacking shit is at the highest level of competitive play. A lot of that shit doesn't matter nearly at all at the lower levels, because players aren't playing to 1/8th of an inch or building insane skews they can run perfectly.

Skorne's weaknesses certainly exist, and they are certainly a problem. But they don't mean shit for a new player, because those weaknesses only really reveal themselves in higher level play.

For some dude doing a journeyman or playing casually? He won't know the fucking difference.

And a lot of shit can change in the time it takes him to get good enough to care. Fuck, Skorne could end up with the most bullshit of tier lists in that time, and end up being top fucking faction.
>>
File: nemo2.jpg (24KB, 415x276px) Image search: [Google]
nemo2.jpg
24KB, 415x276px
Has anyone played with Nemo2 in mk3? What are your thoughts? What should I be taking with Surfin' Neems?
>>
>>48411337
Yes, dont bother. Sorry.

>>48411375
Good players can make the best out of a bad army.
>>
>>48412844

that's why all the best skorne players faction hopped, like watts to CoC right?

they're making the best of a bad army by GTFO
>>
>>48411618

yeah, you know warmachine is actually a game too right?
>>
>>48412857
IIRC a skorne player ranked in the rocky mountian open this week, along with 3 troll players (and no cygnar interestingly).

What I mean is if you, specifically, are not a bad player it is possible to excell with your chosen faction. It may not be as flashy, but it can happen.
>>
>>48412973
>Rape with Morg1
>Lose with Rasheth
Not gonna lie, I saw it coming. Morg1 is solid as fuck because of his feat now that everyone is playing with more warnouns.
>>
Hmm interesting. Sorscha being viable in MK3?
Buying all the factions where i can do a waifu-commander stuff. So far only Legion and Cygnar fits my requirements.
Because i can secretly play only 2 waifus on Cygnar and Legion...well lets say it fits me perfectly.
>>
File: Screenshot_2016-07-23-14-01-30.png (700KB, 1080x1920px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2016-07-23-14-01-30.png
700KB, 1080x1920px
>>48411463
Okay take 2
>>
Thinking about starting Trolls... Is this good or bad?
>>
>>48413018
As discussed before, he lost to a gotcha assassination with Rasheth, if he was aware of what his opponent could do, he'd have won the game.
>>
>>48413185
Sorcha was viable in MK2 as well.

Hell, Sorcha2 was a mainstay caster.
>>
>>48413589
Aint asking about MK2, pal, asking if she is viable at MK3.
>>
File: Sorscha.pdf (1B, 486x500px)
Sorscha.pdf
1B, 486x500px
>>48413923
Here.
>>
>>48414056
Tanks.
>>
new thread:
>>48414290
>>48414290
>>48414290
>>48414290
JUMP
Thread posts: 330
Thread images: 30

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.