[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Warmachine and Hordes Genera

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 323
Thread images: 16

Khador STRONK! edition

Mk3 list building: http://conflictchamber.com

Warmachine/Hordes Books, No Quarter, & IKRPG
textuploader <dot> com / 5wm4h
PP Youtube (gameplay tutorials, tournament coverage, and announcements)
https://www.youtube.com/user/PrivateerPressPrime

Latest Errata:
until errata release check:
http://privateerpressforums.com/showthread.php?254662-Current-Errata-Threads

Steamroller Rules
http://privateerpress.com/organized-play/steamroller-tournaments

The Giant List of Podcasts and Blogs
http://privateerpressforums.com/showthread.php?76379-Warmachine-Hordes-related-blogs-websites-and-forums

Table of contents for all NQ issues
http://www.privateerpressforums.com/showthread.php?4313-Table-Of-Contents-For-All-No-Quarter-Issues

Lexicanum Iron Kingdoms Lore wiki:
http://warmachine.lexicanum.com/wiki/Main_Page

MK3 RULES:
http://files.privateerpress.com/allnewwar/Prime.pdf
http://files.privateerpress.com/allnewwar/Primal.pdf
https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0B5OHGgAx7q66NUdvUFp3LWVQRlE&usp=drive_web

Warmachine/Hordes Army Creator (WHAC) .apk
http://charbon-et-charentaise.org/blog/content/app-release.apk

Previous Thread: >>>48286618
>>
>>48349298
Wild Adventure when?
>>
How do I beat a Darius Stormwall list with Cyclones? My weapon masters literally can't close the gap, and I immediately lose if I can't kill the collosus in one turn.
>>
>>48350025
What pt level are you playing at, what army are you playing, and whats his list
>>
>>48350025
Faction?
>>
>>48350025
As Menoth.

Currently have:
Kreoss 1
Feora 1 & 2
Vindictus
2 Crusader
Vanquisher
Reckoner
3 Repenter
2 Devout
TFG w/ UA
Cleansers w/UA
Zealots w/ UA
Vengers
Cinerators
Errants w/ UA
Idrians w/ UA
Reclaimer
Hierophant
Wracks
2 Vassals
Covenant

And some useless pirates.
>>
>>48350025
amon + 10 warjacks will make him sad
>>
Got Legion, which other Hordes faction looks promising?
>>
>>48350025
Alten Ashley or some other source of Grievous Wounds. Apply it the turn you go in, so he can't feat to repair it. Then just finish killing it next turn.
>>
>>48350159
Skorne ;D
>>
>>48350090
Yeah, if you had the jacks an Amon list would give him fits. My current list runs eight heavies
>>
How is rhulic looking in MK3?
>>
>>48350432
Insanely good. Gunbunnies love Power Up, and all their jacks are now Sturdy and some steady.
>>
>>48350460
gunbunnies?
>>
File: gunbunnies.jpg (50KB, 598x408px) Image search: [Google]
gunbunnies.jpg
50KB, 598x408px
>>48350680
>>
whats the basis of a good 75 pt cephalyx list? theres looking to be a journeyman league going around me soon and i need to get back into the game
>>
Are Cephalyx any good? I love the aesthetic but I don't want to commit to yet another tabletop game if they're just plain bad.
>>
>>48350831
While shit is kind of crazy right now, faction balance in general in Warmahordes is very good. However, this is contrasted with the fact that the game has a pretty steep learning curve. Like, especially if you play competitively, you're going to lose a shitload before you get good.

One problem is that Cephalyx aren't really a faction in and of themselves, they're a subset of Mercs. So if you're learning to play competitively, you can't just do Celph, you'll need to expand out.

As far as where they stand, they've all about large amounts of decently tough, but ultimately disposable troops backed up by super strong casters. They're heavily reliant on a couple key pieces to make their lists work though, so if your opponent can snipe those pieces out your game gets much worse.
>>
If I wanted to make a Menoth list heavy on infantry, what's a good way to go about it? I figure Errants are always a good start, but what else would help out?
>>
>>48350090
>As Menoth.
Apply no less than 2 buffed heavies.
>>
THEY FINALLY BUFFED KARA! SHE'S FINALLY PLAYABLE! I THOUGHT SHE WOULD REMAIN UTTER TRASH THROUGHOUT ALL OF MK3

http://files.privateerpress.com/op/errata/WMH-Errata-July-1016.pdf
>>
>>48351008
Infantry heavy you want to probably go with Severious1, Kreoss1, Vindictus, or Thyra. High reclaimer and testament too, but I haven't played those. Errants are good, with Defender's Ward and Seneschal they can get to arm 20 in melee. Idrians are pretty good with a defense buff too. Thyra loves her some Daughters and Flamebringers. Actually Flamebringers are probably one of the better troops we have. My Thyra list rocks a full squad and two Daughters, and is in the opponents deployment zone on turn two.
>>
>>48351263
As people have pointed out, Fire Group instead of Guided Fire with the feat isn't nearly the buff it was rumored, because why she doesn't always need FG, she almost always wants Guided Fire.
>>
>>48351263
Marginal buff at best. Ups her efficiency slightly and smooths out her order of activation, but now all her shooting is limited to where her warjacks can walk during their activations rather than wherever the flying fuck they feel like being when she pops feat.

Fire Group often doesn't matter, and she still has to cast Guided Fire, so she's got a whopping 3 focus to split between herself and her warjacks. Yeah that's three more damage boosts from the battlegroup, but only if she didn't want them for her own shots, isn't upkeeping Refuge, and is ok camping zero.
>>
>>48351486
>>48351551
It also makes the second shot boostable. Which is one major huge gigantic change.
>>
>>48351576
If there are enough focus points
>>
>>48351576
>It also makes the second shot boostable.
Again, after Guided Fire which she will be casting 99% of the time, she's only got 3 focus. Unless she's going for the all-in assassination from downtown she will be keeping 1-2 of that for her own use.
>>
>>48351603
>after Guided Fire which she will be casting 99% of the time, she's only got 3 focus
RAT6-7 jacks with access to Rangers, aiming and the GMCA don't need boosted to-hit all the time.
>>
>>48351615
They need it a lot more then they need the +2RNG most times.

And there's the real fact that if she's boosting her own gun, that's focus she's not giving out. If she's going to boost herself twice, that's 1 focus to give out. She can take the focus bot instead of Reinholt, sure, but then she's losing out on that.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not claiming that she's not powerful or that the feat isn't good. But there's a huge difference between her casting Guided Fire for free, which was the rumor, and her casting Fire Group for free.
>>
>>48351692
>They need it a lot more then they need the +2RNG most times.
Oh no doubt about that

There is also the point about losing the +2/+2 on the additional shot. I think with that, it's not that much of a buff anymore.
>>
>>48351807
I still think it's overall a buff because it solves a lot of wonky OoA issues for her, especially her assassination. She can just activate and feat now, without having to worry about models being in the right position beforehand, getting shadowfire out, rangers out, etc, etc, etc.
>>
>>48351263
Yay! Spawning vessel still is not man sized.
>>
>>48352028
Could be intended. Was it ever fun-sized?
>>
>>48351551
>he will be casting 99% of the time, she's only got 3 focus. Unless she's going for the all-in assassination from downtown she will be keeping 1-2 of that for her own use.

You mean 3 FOC plus 1 from the squire plus 1 from Arlan for a total of number of Jack + 5 full boosted shoots ?
>>
>>48352556
She can't take Reinholt and the Squire.
>>
Newfag trying to make his first list and probably identifiable at this point. My goal is to make something functional, but still with stuff I want to play, aesthetically-speaking:

25 point list: 19
Baldur Stonecleaver +31WB (0WB)
Woldwatchers x2 -18WB
Woldguardian -13WB +4PC
Wolves of Orboros x10 +11PC
WoO Officer & Standard +4PC

Could anyone suggest how I could fill these remaining six points? Or if I should get rid of the officer for X?
>>
>>48352622
It depends on how you want to build her, if you want to cast Guided Fire every turn (you play Dynamo for example) and upkeep Refuge I think Squire is better.
>>
>>48352556
>squire
Then she doesn't have Reinholdt, so she's down one of her swanky POW14 weaponmaster shots, fair trade. Squire is also a point more expensive, which actually can matter a lot.

>Arlan
How much support bloat are we assuming she's taking? She needs something to clear infantry and a GMCA or two, on top of her requisite 5ish mixed Defender/Hunter battlegroup.

Infantry didn't stop existing in mk3 as much as the memesters might try to convince you otherwise. You're looking at probably 25 or more points of your list going towards not losing to any of the big infantry fuckballs that still exist.
>>
>>48352657
I'm about to drop a big secret when it comes to Baldur1: The Wold warbeasts (except for Megalith and Woldwrath) are actually garbage with him, his spell list is inexplicably tailored to making Warpwolves great.

On top of that, Woldwatchers are legitimately garbage all the time and you'll kick yourself for buying them.

Get a pair of Blackclads (or more optimally 1 Blackclad and Lanyssa Ryssyl), they have an ability called Hunter's Mark which makes your stuff charge father.
>>
>>48352731
>his spell list is inexplicably tailored to making Warpwolves great
And the spear tosser chicks.
>>
>>48352692
>How much support bloat are we assuming she's taking? She needs something to clear infantry and a GMCA or two

No she doesn't her BG naturaly see stealth.

>Support bloat
She play 2 solo.

(Sloan 1) Captain Kara Sloan [+28]
- Squire [5]
- Dynamo [18]
- Defender [16]
- Firefly [8]
- Firefly [8]
- Hunter [11]
- Hunter [11]
Storm Lances (max) [20]
Captain Arlan Strangewayes [4]

I made this list at random and pratically she has good anti infantry and anti heavy potential. If you tailor the list you can pull out something a lot better.
>>
>>48352744
>No she doesn't her BG naturaly see stealth.
You take him for Shadow Fire you dumb nigger, if you don't have that you project almost zero assassination threat unless you're running the ten kerjillion Hunter variant, which is bad for other reasons.

Also that list is the limp flaccid dick of Mk3 gunlines. You've clearly got no idea what you're talking about.
>>
>>48352731
>woldwatchers
I would have figured their range was nice and having a way to make forests for Baldur was natural together. But I'm sure you know more than me.
>>
>>48352764
You are the idiot that build for assassination with a caster that can win on attrition.

How much you think your GMCA will stand alive on the field being the only idiot your enemy anti infantry can threat ?

>Also that list is the limp flaccid dick of Mk3 gunlines.

If you are not an idiot and take time to read I told that I made the list in 5 sec. and a list that can remove a colossal just feating while keeping good anti infantry is not so stupid.
>>
http://ringdevc.w14.wh-2.com/atc/StaticEvents/WiTC%20Year%201rounds.html

Wisconsin state championships, team event. Skorne did really, REALLY shit. Results for Skorne locks outside mirrors are:

>Xekaar
1-0
>Hexeris1
0-1
>Hexeris2
0-3
>Makeda2
1-0
>Makeda3
2-1
>Rasheth
0-4
>Xerxis1
1-1
>Naaresh
0-1

Like damn son, Skorne went 4-11.
>>
>>48352858
>Makeda3
>2-1
The dark horse effect is real.
>>
>>48352902
But just look at Rasheth. That poor fat bastard that everyone rated so highly flunked hard.
>>
>>48352858
S K O R N E
K
O
R
N
E
>>
>>48352910
Oh yes. The list and caster is everything. No player ever was shitter at the game than their opponent.
>>
>>48349298
Yeah. If you could update the sticky...

Errata is out now...
>>
>>48352946
We have very little data right now, so it could be either or multiple of those.

>>48352910
Rasheth is Skorne-good, not regular good.

>>48352960
You know you can't edit 4chan posts, right?
>>
>>48352946
Admittedly, most of Rasheth's losses were played by an all-girl team who came last.
>>
>>48353099
>Skorne-good
>not regular good
That would be funny if it didn't hurt so much
>>
>>48353151
It's funny because it hurts so much.
>>
This is my first attempt at a MK3 list with the Protectorate:

Severius2 (Hierarch Severius)

Blessing of Vengeance
Hand of Judgment
Reckoner
Reckoner
Wrack
Wrack
Wrack
Vassal of Menoth
Choir of Menoth max
Exemplar Errants max
Eiryss, Angel of Retribution
Rhupert Carvolo, Piper of Ord
>>
>>48353399
Congratulations, you successfully made a list.
>>
>>48353522
Thanks, bruhmalaya.
>>
Humbly requesting Wrath of the Dragonfather, Into the wild (Malcontents 2) and Acts of War: Flashpoint :)
>>
>>48353730
What are you talking about?
>>
>>48353730
Sent :)
>>
>>48353746
About links to download these books if any one have and is willing to share.
>>
>>48353760
>>48353730
Oh sorry, I'm in the wrong sub
>>
>>48352858

Consider me shocked. Shocked i say.

i had no clue skorne would preform so horribly. every time i had any worry, i just listened to the forumites who told me there wasnt enough data.

I guess there still isnt enough data. data only counts when its positive right? right?????

No one could have predicted this. we need more data. this doesnt count.
>>
>>48353769
You're on the wrong site entirely
>>
What is each faction's goal?
>>
>>48353730
I think I had Wrath of the Dragonfather. I'll check in 3-4 hours and answer here.
>>
>>48354161
Great, thank you :)
>>
>>48353730
seconding,can that kind anon who dropped the book links do so again I beg. He asked that they be put in the op so I assumed I'd be able to find them there later
>>
>>48352657
>Newbie playing Baldur1
So big thing here is, despite being one of the "wold casters" in the fluff, Baldur1 doesn't really like Wolds that much. He can use them, but they're not that great, and the watchers and guardians are some of the least versatile of the bunch.

What you generally want to do starting out is instead grab some things that both work well with the caster you're interested in, but will also find a use in other lists you'll build and with other casters. More bang for your buck, and so on. Try this:

Baldur1 (+31)
- Megalith [20]
- Feral Warpwolf [18]
- Wild Argus [7]
Wolves of Orboros (min) [7]
Reeve Hunter [4]

That gives you a solid battlegroup of models you'll find uses for in lots of lists, a cheap jam unit to screen your heavies, and a combat solo that's great for holding a flank or hunting other solos. It should hold up well into other "battlebox + 25" type lists, and you're not buying anything that's going to collect dust.
>>
>>48354059
Is this first phase grief or third?
>>
>>48353730
Found this in my history
www105.zippyshare.com/v/prCaH3AL/file.html
>>
I'm going to be moving to Detroit soon, wondering if anyone knows of any good places to play this game in the area?
>>
>>48354639
>I'm going to be moving to Detroit soon
Why???
>>
>>48354625
You are awesome! Big thanks :)
>>
>>48353730
And this one:
www74.zippyshare.com/v/jN87SeCl/file.html
>>
>>48354661
Read this one but still many thanks for sharing :)
>>
>>48354646
Money, education, family, career opportunities in the field in which I want to work. Trust me, it's better than where I am now.
>>
>>48352795
Them being fury 2, mat/rat 5, and inexplicably more expensive than much better warbeasts doesn't really help.
>>
File: 1468169732741.jpg (40KB, 423x309px) Image search: [Google]
1468169732741.jpg
40KB, 423x309px
>>48352858
On the bright side, Cryx went 3-0!
>>
cant wait to try this
>>
File: SIX-Wrath-of-the-dragonfather.png (2MB, 1040x1387px) Image search: [Google]
SIX-Wrath-of-the-dragonfather.png
2MB, 1040x1387px
>>48353730
>>48354161
>>48354194
I have it, yes. Here it is:
> Zchary C.Parker - Wrath of the Dragonfather.zip
> http://www84.zippyshare.com/v/KZSmmL4w/file.html

Also, restrain yourself from using emoticons like ":)" on 4chan, please. They aren't welcome here and cause a negative reaction.
>>
>>48354646
suffering, Skorne player
>>
>>48355395
Already delivered by nice anon above but still thank you. If you have other titles requested it would be great. BTW had not know that emotikons are unwelcomed. I will remember next time.
>>
File: witch_coven_by_annacory-d8hl7ru.jpg (116KB, 447x604px) Image search: [Google]
witch_coven_by_annacory-d8hl7ru.jpg
116KB, 447x604px
>>48355474
In fact, I do have them. Here:

> Aeryn Rudel - Acts of War I - Flashpoint.zip
> http://www82.zippyshare.com/v/aty1y0QI/file.html

> Larry Correia - Into the Wild.zip
> http://www82.zippyshare.com/v/z7pQGy37/file.html
>>
Skorne players quick!

http://privateerpress.com/company/careers/privateer-press-seeks-development-assistant-0
>>
>>48355535
Big thanks again!
>>
>>48355593
Oh neat, you'll be able to make Skorne good in time for Mk4.
>>
File: RMR.jpg (34KB, 479x330px) Image search: [Google]
RMR.jpg
34KB, 479x330px
>>48352858
On the reverse end, at the Rocky Mountain Rumble, Skorne placed in the top 8
>>
File: cover.jpg (517KB, 894x894px) Image search: [Google]
cover.jpg
517KB, 894x894px
>>48355535
Thanks for Flashpoint m8.

>>48349548
Wild Adventure coming up.
http://www27.zippyshare.com/v/RkwjTrLh/file.html
>>
>>48355903
Do we know any lists?
>>
>>48356661
https://twitter.com/ChainAttackJay/status/754727182216208384
>>
>>48356661
>>
>>48356725
Huh, not what I'd expect
>>
>>48356850
pMorg makes Soldiers pretty insane.
>>
>>48356861
But Bloodrunners?
>>
>>48356725
Whats the logic behind having the glad on the lesser warlock?
>>
>>48355593
Someone got fired.

PP runs a skeleton crew, bare minimum required. Next book release we should see one less name in the credits.
>>
>>48356931
They're probably the best jam unit in Skorne thanks to Stealth, AD, and their abilities. Combined with the Master Tormentors, they should shred most single wound infantry.

>>48357005
Spam Rush, alleviate Morg1's fury problems, and have a separate hard hitting module that can contest late game if need be.
>>
>>48357177
>>48357005
Taking control of wild warbeasts is also super easy. Basically no penalty if glyph need to do it
>>
>>48355593
Whats the salary?
>>
>>48357266
Not enough to afford living in Bellevue
>>
>>48355593
>Qualifications
>Working knowledge of Apple computers...
>>
>>48356587
As much as I appreciate this, you might want to pull this back down, since it still has your watermark in the bottom right corner.
>>
Anyone know a good site in the UK for buying flags and objectives? Blank bases are one thing, but I can't find any suitable flags.
>>
>>48357005
>Bronzeback
>18pts
>MAT7
>PS16/17/17

>Zaadesh+Glad
>18pts
>MAT8
>PS17/18/18
>Plus Zaadesh's attacks
>>
>>48357005
As a rush bot for the aradus beasts, as well as fury management. He put up a post on the forums, he said even carapace arm had a hard time weathering some of the shooting. I'm guessing he dropped his morghoul 1 list every time until he was last locked into the final game with rasheth. I think he lost that one.
>>
>>48356931
Stealth and AD to tie up/shank dudes, I guess. Also something fast enough to get up in charge lanes to the AD beasts without having to just run up like retards on turn 2?
>>
Played Skorne against a Minions player at my LGS using one of the lists at the Wisconsin event from last weekend. Gotta say, the Titan Cannoneer is a fucking ridiculous beast. Revive with Cetrati is also dumb as shit. Sure it can't attack but 20ARM sat in front of an Agonizer is still basically unkillable.

And I'd also like to mention just how good throw attacks are now. If you knock the spirit off a beast so it can't be forced, the throw will basically take the beast completely out of the game for a turn because you force them to stand up before activations happen, so their warlock can't heal the box. And sure you're burning your maybe 3 initials to do it, but you're dealing STR+3d6 damage to 2, maybe 3+ models, which is just as good if not better. My Cannoneer blew a Wrassler's spirit away, then my Gladiator threw it into another Wrassler, knocking both down so my Nihilators could just swarm the cunts. It felt really strong. It also worked amazingly as a counter to Admonition. Just run upto something else, and he couldn't move far enough to get away from the throw.

And if throws are good, Beast Handlers actually did get a pretty big buff this edition.
>>
>>48357005

It's like paying Light Warbeast prices for each Rush casting. That's it. That's all there is to it. The list is utterly bent towards making Aradus Soldiers playable, and everything else is economy-price spackling over list needs (paingiver master tormenters- congrats girls, you're the fucking infantry)
>>
>>48359849
You realise that Zaadesh+Gladiator costs the same as a Bronzeback but hits quite a bit harder right? As in, could very easily make light work of a colossal. Assuming an 18ARM colossal you get 27+14d6 of damage. You know, assuming your 8MAT is enough to hit without boosting. A lone Bronzeback would only get 20+14d6 at 7MAT, but 1) wouldn't come with the best animus in the faction, and 2) wouldn't have Perdition to move it closer.
>>
>>48360015

If it were there as a combat module, it would BE a bronzeback. It's two quasi-9 point utility modules. Having to flank off Zaadesh is something of a giveaway for what its role is- that makes the module 18 point offense power, 4 points defense.
>>
>>48360053
>If it were there as a combat module, it would BE a bronzeback
I disagree with this honestly. If a Gladiator can mop up a colossal with ease and brings an amazing animus along for the ride, there really is zero need for a Bronzeback. And having to flank is nothing considering with Perdition and a full advance it can move 6" then another 6". If Zaadesh is with 11" of the target and the Gladiator within 13", just boost Perdition and charge, then walk the Gladiator and smash.

The Gladiator is a much better default beatstick than the Bronzeback in Mk3 anyway. I'd only ever bring the Bronzeback if I was already bringing other titans so the leadership could help with fury management on top of the higher MAT and P+S.
>>
Speaking of the Bronzeback, here's how you niggers need to start thinking about the change to his leadership ability. Instead of going BUU-HUU and whining about how you can't run your shit as hot as possible because it can't frenzy under him, stand back and realise that you can now run your shit hot as fuck and still be able to transfer to them on your opponent's turn. It actually makes no appreciable to times when you're trying to alpha beasts because 1) if you don't kill it, the frenzy doesn't matter because your titan is dead as fuck on the crackback anyway, and 2) if you DO kill it, oh fucking no you risk a frenzy, who cares when you killed their heavy and survived the crackback.

tldr; it's a buff you fucking dumbasses.
>>
Still catching up with all the new Mk.3 stuff. What's the deal with all the gunline love? Was there a change to core rules that makes it better, or is it more faction specific stuff.
>>
>>48360541
You can premeasure in Mk3, which means gunlines get to shoot at their maximum range, which more often than not is further than the distance at which your surviving infantry can charge them the next turn, meaning your opponent gets to fire his full unit at your unit TWICE before you reach them. Honestly what PP should've done is given all guns a minimum range of 3" or something unless they have gunfighter.
>>
>>48360528
Nobody is complaining about leadership you triple nigger.
>>
>>48360582
People have complained about anything and everything Skorne, so I'd like to help clear it up.
>>
>>48360599
That's the truth.

On paper from mk2 to mk3 they looked just really, really bad. It's no fun watching warmachine play in the sprinkler with their new, actually cool Jacks and have your shit visibly worse, either. I'm gradually getting the fuck over it though.

They do seem to attack armor pretty well and easily. Agonizer and done, just keep the little fucker alive.

What bugs me is that karax, bloodrunners, and reivers all look great, but I don't own any :<
>>
>>48360571
Ah interesting, thanks.
>>
>>48360736
If it helps with you not owning those models, I'm personally convinced that all Skorne units outside of the Cetrati are just worse Nihilators.
>Karax
I'm on the fence about them. I don't see what Karax really offer over them beyond being a tarpit that can't free strike for shit. Maybe if templates move into the meta.
>Bloodrunners
Cost more per point than Nihilators and get less work done. Great you have anatomical precision against infantry. Nihilators have PS12+3d6 and the ability to cleave through the cunts. I've had a single Nihilator take out a Legion solo, 2 Blight Wasps, and 2 Nihilators before running out of targets. It was amazing.
>Reivers
Maybe once Venator Dakka comes out, but until then I wouldn't bother with any shooting beyond the Cannoneer who by the way is incredible. Dunking a POW15+3d6 shot onto a heavy turn 1 with your 22" threat range. Run her with Mordikaar for bonus points because Mordikaar's gun is amazing at 14".

The reason I'd still consider Cetrati (with Vorkesh) is that they're just an unkillable wall of FUCK.
>>
Does anyone have the new MK3 books with the fluff in the new setting? Or is just the basic books now that are in the OP?
>>
anyone know what new models will be available at gencon? i think i may have a ninja lined up but no idea what my purchase choices are...
>>
>>48361099
All the juniors are going epic and will be available in special collector kits or something.
>>
>>48361113
got a PP link of some sort?

is there also new hordes stuff at gencon or just WM?
>>
anyone got a scan of the new no quarter, Aparantly the Kingmaker theme force has been spoiled in it!
>>
>>48351551
oh no how terrible, instead of a stupid gimmick thing people bitched about, now they get additional boostable shots

how will cygtard players ever survive
>>
>>48361136
It's in the latest Primecast. And when I said all the juniors, I meant the hordes lessers as well.
>>
>>48361203
Cool, I thought that only the WM side was getting the gencon releases. i know hordes lessers were getting upgrades, just didn't think they'd be released at gencon too.
>>
>>48360541
>>48360571
The balancing point for gunlines should really be terrain, and insisting that the proper amount of relevant terrain is used in every single game
>>
>>48361440
That's a fair enough point. Maybe players should be able to place one piece of terrain after deployment or something.
>>
>>48361203
Hordes Lessers are being released at WMW.
>>
>>48355270
Is that really as stupidly big as it looks?
>>
>>48359125
...Make them, you gimp.
>>
>>48358095
Not my watermark but noted.
>>
>>48360167

Well, you're free to be honestly wrong.

Perdition is a must damage strength 10, cost 2 on a Fury 4. Upkeeping Tag Team costs one. The implications here are obvious.

Zaadesh/Gladiator IS NOT there as a throw-away combat module. 9-point average Rush-bots as part of a series of mechanisms to turn the two Aradus Soldiers on.
>>
>>48360599

There's no need to straw man skorne's complaints you dolt, they're pretty obvious and straight forward.

Soles in his infinite wisdom amped up the ranged game while nerfing skorne's universal ranged defenses and individual warbeast damage output through various means and combinations. He means to make good on this in the upcoming design cycle. Skorne's complaints are all facets of the frustration of delivering an army through a ranged attack umbrella and the combat potential of what makes contact with the enemy, and having to stick it out until 2017 at least for it to get less difficult.

People respond to this in a lot of ways, but THAT is what they're responding to.
>>
>>48350432
To put it loghtly, lasttime I played against one, I got drilled 3 new orifices.
>>
>>48357091
If there was any justice, it'd be a bunch of the people listed in the "Proofreaders" section.
>>
>>48361956
You do realize that Abuse isn't Battlegroup, right?

He doesn't need Tag Team, he can make the Glad a SPD6 19/20/20. That's plenty powerful enough as a combat piece.
>>
>>48362085
I don't think it's simply that. The problem with Skorne is that they want them to be the counterpunch faction, to take hits, lose guys, and get stronger for doing so.

There's several problems with that.

1. It's incredibly hard to balance, so it almost always tends to be weaker. It's partially reliant on your opponent being dumb(going in on you when you want them to) and the mechanic is either extremely strong(you don't lose any effectiveness for losing models, so your opponent killing your stuff means nothing) or usually weaker. When it's weaker, your opponent isn't going to let you have the mechanic the way you want to, so you don't get to do shit.

2. It's incredibly boring to play. The playstyle is about sitting there and letting your opponent do shit. Even if it works, you basically do nothing on your own turns unless your opponent lets you.

3. If your opponent can hit you without you being hit back, then there's no point to the tactic. In other words, if your opponent can gunline hard enough, then this simply isn't going to work.

That's the biggest issue right now, and I'm betting Soles and whoever else is doing Skorne is hopping mad the players basically refuse to play the faction the way they want them to.
>>
>>48363018

That's points inefficient and needlessly complicated. Rushbots for the melee bugs makes more sense.
>>
>>48363108
You know it does both, right?

He can use it as a rush bot and then also use it as a late game closing piece.
>>
>>48363115

On the level of Beast Handlers being pretty decent infantry and Extollers going toe to toe with warbeasts, post-midgame "Throw the switch, support models are fighters now" shennanigans. Not the reason why things get put into lists.
>>
>>48363189
My god, you're actually retarded. You seriously are.
>>
>>48363196

I'm thinking the same thing about you, anon. Zadesh/Gladiator is there as a support module. Anything else is worse than ancillary.
>>
>>48363094
>That's the biggest issue right now, and I'm betting Soles and whoever else is doing Skorne is hopping mad the players basically refuse to play the faction the way they want them to.

this is probably the biggest bullshit, and we see it with cryx too - PP being mad that players are Doing It Wrong For Their Precious Vision, versus PP thinking "maybe we shouldn't force playstyle of a faction *quite* this much and punish people for not wanting to 100% do that"
>>
Circle rundown for MK3?
>>
File: cryxmk3_1.png (2MB, 560x1667px) Image search: [Google]
cryxmk3_1.png
2MB, 560x1667px
Ten thousand years in MS Paint.
>>
>>48361466
No because then you can just make fort kickass wich makes the game terrible.

Not that playing a into a gunline doesnt suck
>>
>>48361440
Giant fuckoff forests everywhere create more problems than they solve.
>>
What should I pick up for Khador week two in a Journeyman League? I know the new mad dog is coming out, but I need something for Tuesday, and that comes out wednesday.
>>
>>48365103
Eric!
>>
>>48355270

I had the chance to buy that when they still made them.

I played menoth at the time so i got their stupid church thing.

I still dont play khador but fuck me i wish i had gotten the cannon.
>>
>>48363189
Are you seriously comparing the damage output of a thrice-buffed Gladiator to that of Beast Handlers?
>>
What kind of base would fit Cryx best?
Just something swampy or are there other ideas?
>>
What's a good Warjack loadout for Skarre1?

Stalkers seem great with her, but as far as heavies and whether or not she needs an Arc Node I'm having trouble figuring out what works.
>>
>>48366982
How are you painting them? Studio scheme?
>>
>>48367160
Looks mostly alike, yes
>>
>>48363308
Skorne doesn't have ancillary attack anymore.
>>
Reminder that Paingiver Bloodrunners all get +MAT in LOS of the Master Tormentor because they're all trying to impress her :3c
>>
>>48367726
Welcome to Mk3. Things are different now. Also it was the other ways around in Mk2.
>>
What's the best stuff for stripping PP's resin/plastics? I've had some success using biostrip in the past, but it's not exactly cheap stuff, and it takes quite a while to get maybe only 95% of the paint off.
I'm UK based, so a lot of american products are unfortunately a no-go.
>>
>>48367986
Simple green works reasonably well. I've been able to get it in Krautland, so you should be able to acquire it too.
>>
>>48367986
Haven't attempted it myself, but it might be worth trying to old, reliable hot-water / cold-water method on them. We know from fixing all those bendy spears that the plastic deforms when warm, and the paint does not.
>>
>>48367986
Simple Green works well, for metal models the paint should just explode off it, plastics are always going to be a pain to strip but it does the job well enough.
>>
>>48368163
>>48368019
I've heard wondrous things about Simple Green over the years, but I've yet to see it anywhere in the UK.
>>48368064
...What? That just sounds like a recipe for warped painted models.
>>
>>48368194
>but I've yet to see it anywhere in the UK
1) Go to amazon
2) Type "simple green"
3) Press enter
>>
>>48368213
>£12.50
what the shit, that's more than the biostrip I was using
>>
>>48368318
That shit is expensive, but still cheaper than new minis.
>>
>>48365703
Maurauder
>>
>>48367670
>>48366066

People taking crazy-stupid pills this morning.
>>
>>48367726
That'd be +1 to attack rolls while in her CMD, not... wait, that's a woman? Dear God, how do these people breed?
>>
>>48368520
What?

>>48368530
I like that Skorne have this misterious foreign culture vibe, while being utterly unattractive to humans.

>how do these people breed?
They think of Hoksune.
>>
>>48368558

Explain that Zaadesh+Gladiator BG as a combat module is like Beast Handlers as infantry and Extollers are warbeast hunters- nice in the last ditch but not actually a consideration come list design, not even an ancillary one; get "Are you seriously comparing the damage output of a thrice-buffed Gladiator to that of Beast Handlers" and "Skorne doesn't have ancillary attack anymore.". This kind of retardation is mind-boggling.
>>
>>48365805
Eric what?
I see no chance i am playing ugly Legion or Scorne models, and i cannot field as much beasts as i want to for Trolls.
Thats why i request (dearly) a quick rundown on Circle for MK3.
>>
>>48369086
So you're one of those players that only use the Gladiator as an animus bot? Cause that's the first sign of a bad Skorne player. Or was in MK2.
>>
>>48369178

You're a player when they see a Gladiator being given to Zaadesh in a list with two Aradus Soldiers under Morghoul1 doesn't see that they're delivering bugs, maximizing Rush and smoothing out the support tax for it and goes OOH! OHH! NOW EVEN BETTER FIGHTIN' WITH TITAN BEATSTICK! You are an idiot; things get put into lists for being efficient ways to accomplish desired tasks- the task that module is efficient at is support, not combat. As a combat module it's harder to manage on-table than it needs to be to do what it can do. Go play with your bronzebacks and nihilators, they're not idiot proof but it's hard to outsmart yourself with them.
>>
>>48361580

Its big
>>
>>48369172
Here is every single Circle list that isn't Grayle Wolfsworn or Baldur2 Woldwrath:

-Druid Wilder (if you aren't playing Wurmwood)
-Wild Argus
-Reeves + (maybe) warwolves
-Shifting Stones
-Sentry Stones 2x
-Remaining points divided by Warpwolves
>>
>>48369545
Oh and Lanyssa Rysyll too maybe.
>>
>>48369501
>You're a player...
No, I'm not. You use the Gladiator as an animus bot early game and as a trade piece lat game. That is the Skorne ABC.
>>
>>48369545
Beastless Bradigus taking everyone by surprise
>>
>>48369719
>Beastless Bradigus
W-what?
>>
>>48369545
Reeves without UA, am i right?
Tharn not usable?
>every single Circle list
No variety at all? Hell ill better pick up Khador then.
>>
>>48369768
It was a joke. If "every Circle list that isn't Grayle or Baldur2" is taking Wild Argus and Warpwolves, then what does Bradigus have?
>>
>>48369545
Why the sentry stones?
>>
>>48369937
Forest generation is really strong right now, since a lot of terrain-ignoring tech has been removed. A pair of sentry stones can make a 6" across wall that hides everything behind it.
>>
>>48369953
>Forest generation
Is that a word for 1960s kids?
>>
>>48370055
If you want it to be.
>>
>>48370055
>>48370117
>Make love, not war
>Did I say love? I meant cannibalistic blood sacrifices. I keep getting those confused, they both involve hearts
>>
>>48369953
Also they can vomit a Mannekin like a jillion inches to murder pesky support solos with their boostable sprays.
>>
>>48370208

Design space bro.
>>
Started in a journeyman league with the MK3 Cryx, and got my shit kicked in. I don't even know where to start building my forces at, though skelebros seem kind of cool.

I haven't played Warmachine before, btw, but I'm not new to wargames.
>>
>>48369883
Nothing, because you don't take Bradigus until we get the "Wolds and Wold Accessories" theme force.
>>
>>48370246
You've probably heard this before, but expect to lose at least your first 5 games, probably more. The learning curve is steep, but once you get a handle on your positioning and your "combos" things get easier.

Things get a lot easier when you learn your dudes inside and out.

You gitgud by learning what your opponents stuff can do.

Welcome to the game, don't let /tg/ or the learning scare you off.
>>
>>48370246
Specifically for the Journeyman your best bet is another Slayer for week 2, or Cankerworm if you want to be a cheeky cunt.

As for general buys, Satyxis Raiders + UA are money, Darrage Wrathe is probably the best solo in the faction, and Soulhunters are amazing. If you want support for your warjacks you can't go wrong with Warwitch Sirens for extra focus, and Necrotechs to repair when your 'jacks inevitably get their arms shot off.

Now, a tip for the Cryx battlebox: The Reaper is SPD6 RNG10 so it out-threats just about everything at the battlebox level. Your gameplan is to be patient and when your opponent puts something worthwhile in range you harpoon it and go to pound town with both of your heavies, possibly using your Feat beforehand to get out of retaliation range.
>>
>>48370525
Thanks. It took me the last game of the week to figure out that I could walk through a wall and assassinate a warcaster, but laughs were had.

>>48370578
>or Cankerworm if you want to be a cheeky cunt.
I think I understand why another Slayer, but what's good about Cankerworm? The Satyxis Raiders look pretty cool, and someone was kind enough to donate some Pistol Wraiths to me.

Not that this is related, but should I be using my Warcaster to beat things up or leave it in the back? Agathia's Dark Shroud seems just about useless if I hang her back...
>>
>>48370794
cankerworm: AP attack, parry, can easily steal a gun from an enemy jack and then turn it on them. even better with gaspy1/3 (2 is garbage now)
>>
>>48370794
Warcaster placement is a huge, huge thing to learn in this game. When to go in, how far to go in, and general positioning is what kills new players constantly once they make the jump into the competitive scene.

I've ended a lot of games top of two because my opponent got 1-2" too far forward and it let me kill them.
>>
>>48370578
Spd 6 Rng 8Rng 8, not 10. But still good.

>>48370246
Cryx isn't in a good spot right now. But not as bad as Skorne, so you'll be ok.
First and foremost - you'll lose at the beginning (as >>48370525 said), that's ok.

Inflictor > Slayer. Also +2 ARM is better to put on him (you'll get respectful ARM 21 warjack). Cankerworm is good too.

Use your threat range and feat, use your army as one. Like, give 2 foci each warjack and feat, run arcnode on free focus, Parasite closest enemy warjack through arcnode, use your Reaper (6+8 = 14 threat range) to drag enemy warjack, attack with reaper, attack with Slayer, feat them 3" back and give them a Stealth. Just an example.
>>
>>48370794
Agatha's dark shroud doesn't matter as much as keeping her alive. you have to consider whether a further -2 ARM on top of Parasite is worth the risk. sometimes it is. sometimes it isn't. usually parasite is good enough. under her feat you could get the dark shroud bonus, and, with good positioning, vanish backward and block all LOS to her with the feat placement. just remember there are a number of counters for LOS blocking, like caine2, and he is stupid popular.

but she's not a deneghra, i.e., she'ss not a *pure* back-line spell-slinger. she can be more front line if you want. but her spell list clearly points to being *mostly* a spell slinger. hellfire is usually a trap.
>>
>>48370852
is the inflictor kit even out though (shows how much i still pay attention to cryx releases)? and will the meta allow a proxy?
>>
File: FB_IMG_1468958135080.jpg (18KB, 246x380px) Image search: [Google]
FB_IMG_1468958135080.jpg
18KB, 246x380px
Always remember
>>
>>48370881
> is the inflictor kit even out though
Ah, my bad, still in preorder.

> will the meta allow a proxy?
Depends on meta. But you'd better just wait that box. In the meantime - Cankerworm and\or Sirens
>>
Any Legion players out there? I felt like in mk2 we had very good game into Cygnar with a number of casters. Yes, this is because Legion was too good and Cygnar was mostly shit with a few shining gems (and we had game into the gems). I get that.

But now I'm really not sure what to bring. Caine2 and Sloan just seem like hard counters (not just to Legion but to a huge chunk of the game, i.e., anything without 8 shield guards). Some of this is salt, but I'm also having trouble coming up with what I would consider to be good ideas and it's disheartening. Not because I'm obsessed with the win but because the idea of being slaughtered just doesn't appeal to me as a way to spend my free time, and my most common opponent in my meta is Cygnar.

Beyond the above suggestion of insisting on all the relevant terrain, what are some ideas?
>>
>>48370863
All good points. I think if you're new, the short version of Agathia advice is "play as a back-line spellslinger for most of the game, and then bring her forward if you need her to close it out."
>>
>>48370960
>>48370863
>>48370852
>>48370836
This is really helpful, thanks.
>>
Is it bad I'm more interested in just painting the kits over bringing the glory of Russia onto people with Khador?

I tried Menoth and fuck me I can't bring myself to actually paint these Templar looking shits.
>>
>>48370994
Hobby's about doing what you like, if you like painting, then cool.

It only gets stupid when people insist there's a "right" way of doing things.
>>
>>48371032
I'll be damned if somebody tells me that Khador can only be red when some of their Warjacks would probably look pretty fucking sweet in olive drab, but thanks for the reassurance, Anon.
>>
>>48371056
That's actually an official variant color, for the 5th border legion.

And the only people who try that shit are trolls anymore.
>>
>>48371056
Yeah, and the really funny thing is that for the entire run of PP's magazine, they've been showing off alternate ideas for faction color schemes.
>>
>>48370960
one of the problems of using her as a dark shroud bot is simply that to give other models the bonus, she can't vanish and is therefore exposed. if she can close something out on her own (i.e. kill a heavy), feat, and vanish and end in a good position, go for it, but there is a risk.

you just have to recognize that she is a hybrid. she is not on par with Denny1 as a spellslinger, because crippling grasp + the withering is nuts.

she is not on par with Gaspy1 as a face-beater (soulspitter is insane with sustained attack, full focus refresh feat, and teleport > vanish). i recognize this ignores gaspy's spellsling potential but his ability to personally bully and one-round two heavies with good placement is very important to his playstyle.

she's somewhere in the middle. denny has to play far back or she dies while gaspy can face tank a lot of things with smart play. neither of those extremes really fits Agathea all the time. but she can do both some of the time.
>>
>>48371076
>Try that shit
You mean tell people they can't do it or actual people who do it to troll other players, or are you referring to Trollbloods fags.
>>
>>48371135
>obvious troll is obvious
pun intended
>>
>>48370881
It woulnt be out untill august. I've given up on waiting i proxy all the time.

>>48370979
i dont know how you want to grow your league list, but I would just buy things your going to need for multiple lists.

I wouldnt buy a slayer kit because you will most likely never use it (over the impending inflictor) skarloc is good for aggy since she has ghost walk. Alternitively you might want the withershadow combine.
Darragh Wraith is the best piece in the faction.
Bane Lord Tartarous synergises well with Aggy. Consider investing in some used bane knights (not thralls)
Warwitch Sirens are money, get 2

I personally prefer blood witches to raiders because they have stealth and are more independant

Consider a harrower

For mercs- wrong eye and snapjaw+ dareagh wraith = magical realm
nyss are great (but look terrible. If you played any elf unit in the past consider proxying them *cough* meta dependant*cough*)
ragman is great, as is saxon orrik (for non ghost walk casters)

Thats my cryx crash course
>>
>>48371153
I mean, I do kind of like the Space Wolves colour scheme for Khador. Just sayin'.
>>
So I have this as my list up to Week 4, thoughts?

>Week 1 (0 points)
Agathia1 (+29)
Reaper (13)
Slayer (10)
Deathripper (6)

>Week 2 (10 points, battlegroup only)
Cankerworm (9)

>Week 3 (25 points, battlegroup, units and solos)
Satyxis Raiders (10)
Satyxis Raider Sea Witch (3)

>Week 4 (50 points, battlegroup, units and solos, warcaster may be swapped)
Swap for Asphyxious1 (-1)
2x Pistol Wraith (10)
Wraithe (9)
Deathripper (6)
>>
>>48371598
>Wraithe (9)
the what? Wraith Engine is 18
>>
>>48371833
Meant Darragh Wrathe, my bad.
>>
>>48371598
pistal wraiths still aren't very good.
>>
>>48371598
Thats fine. You have the pistol wraiths, otherwise I would get the warwitch sirens
>>
hey rate my coc

Aurora +29
-Corollary -6
-Assimilator -16
-Cipher -16
-Inverter -15
ADO -2
CWA x3 -15
Eradicators (max) x2 -30
Optifex Directive -4

and

Synth -27
-Corollary -6
-Axiom -38
-Diffuser -6
-Assimilator -16
-Cipher -16
-Modulator -10
ADO -2
Steelsoul -4
Optifex Directive -4
>>
is MK.3 a good time to start as a complete newbie to warmachine? local game shop has a few of those battlegroup boxes meant for starters and was thinking about picking one up, but from a few of the people i talked to were saying they weren't too fond of some of the new rules/changes.
>>
>>48373235
The rules have become more friendly to newbies, from what I can see.
>>
>>48373235
a lot of people are probably upset that broken things in mk2 were nerfed (unless you're khador, which needed buffs, and cygnar which is clearly PP's new special pet)

but for the most part the changes are for the better. mk2 was bloated with special rules and interactions. mk3 is a complex game but they did pare some of the dumb stuff back. what faction interests you?
>>
>>48373371
>cygnar which is clearly PP's new special pet
When weren't they though?
>>
>>48373235
> is MK.3 a good time to start as a complete newbie to warmachine?
Yes. There is no "meta" and new rules are more newbie-friendly.

> local game shop has a few of those battlegroup boxes
I wouldn't recommend 2-player battleboxes. But sinle (warcaster + 2-3 warjacks\beasts) aren't bad

> they weren't too fond of some of the new rules/changes
People don't like changes sometimes. Or most of the times. And a lot of things was toned down.
But best part? You don't care. You haven't played in MK2, so your faction of choice lost nothing from your point of view.
>>
>>48373371
I'm upset that Skorne are still shit
>>
>>48373371
>Khador got buffed
How so?
>>
>>48373255
I dont know about that. The rules are widely unchanged and were almost less intuitive -see gang debacle
>>
>>48373620
They aren't BadCryx anymore
>>
>>48373641
>You can now measure any distance at any time
>Cover rules are more sensical
>A number of universal abilities that should've been Advantages are now Advantages
>>
>>48373444
cryx was last ed

in fairness cygnar needed a lot of improvement. it showed it age.

the stormwall obviated any reason to take any other jack aside from maybe a lancer, which is total garbage game design.

the in-faction infantry was awful, hence why cygnar almost always took a bunch of merc units

the gulf between good casters and bad was really huge

so yeah they needed some work, but they were still a power faction given the haleys and caines among others. it's just weird when other power factions get kneecapped and they just get all the candy.

i'm glad khador got much needed love though
>>
>>48372723
Why an Assimilator with Aurora?

Why the ADO?

And why three full units of Angels?

Aurora also loves herself some Steelsouls.

Syth list looks fine, though only a single unit of OD kind of worries me.
>>
>>48373620
playing their jacks en masse is no longer a totally stupid idea and were appropriately costed. many of their casters got massive power buffs. Butcher3 got better, hahahahaha. their colossals needed buffs and got them. MOWs are finally playable and not idiotic to field. their artillery are in the running for the best in the game now. etc.
>>
So are the Army-in-a-Box the end all to newbies starting out or is it easier to build a custom list?
>>
>>48373255
>>48373454
cool, thanks for the replies.

>>48373371
Khador looks the coolest, but also like the looks of Protectorate of Menoth.
>>
>>48373957
Assimilator is fast, the RAT is really sufficient for ground-pounder, and it's nasty in melee when it gets there. ADO is to facilitate moving Admo around but I guess it's not that important. The Angels benefit a lot from Aerogenesis and the feat to get where they're needed. they can be anywhere. and considering each unit is only 3 models i figured maxing out is the best way to use them

why does one OD worry you?
>>
>>48373999
if you mean all-in-one boxes, those were for mk2 and were a limited run that is not likely to be repeated anytime soon. so they can be nice if you find one but they are not being marketed as entry for mk3, and many are now overpriced if you find them online.

the new battleboxes are an ideal place to start though
>>
File: Box_Skorne[1].png (2MB, 1066x723px) Image search: [Google]
Box_Skorne[1].png
2MB, 1066x723px
>>48374306
>the new battleboxes are an ideal place to start though
>>
>>48370901
Is that truly the level of Spiderman posting on FB? That is fucking weak.
>>
>>48374283
I'm kind of leery of RAT4 with the Ground Pounder, I've found that it doesn't get as much work done as you'd expect. Three boosts does help it, I guess.

Yea, drop the ADO if that's why you're bringing it. Between her FM and her high movement, she almost never has issues getting her spells out.

Angels just really lack staying power, and I think they benefit from the spell the least. Units like Obstructors really like it, and Reductors are hilarious on the feat because you can fly over an opponent and get back strikes for their sprays.

You're going to get times when the OD need to activate first to help your jacks(magic weapons, pathfinder, or just repairing), and then your jacks move up. It leaves the OD behind, and they can struggle to keep up. I use two units to leapfrog them.
>>
>>48374380
Welcome to the world of normies.
>>
>>48374353
that's a battlebox...

or is this another joke about skorne i can't even tell anymore
>>
>>48374098
In WarmaHordes there is no such thing as a bad faction. Well, maybe except for Skorne.
>>
>>48374353
To be fair, the Gladiator and Xekaar are good.
Its just Skorne that is not.
>>
>>48374353
>future sight on a stick
>bad

>Boostable guns
>bad

>point efficient rush bot/beater
>bad

pick one for each set
>>
>>48367182
Huh. Good job me for spacing out.

I think if you're going with the vanilla scheme something simple and non-flashy will suit it best. Lots of rubble and grey earth, some grass or withered leaves.

Resin bases are of course always an option, depending on the looseness of your purse.
>>
>>48374468
Future Sight is the ONLY thing the Savage has. I'd rather it just fucking had 7MAT and didn't have Future Sight. It's barely better than just buying another attack.

The Raider is bad because it's 9 points and only gets 1 weak shot per activation. A single boosted POW14 on a heavy for 9 points? Fuck that I'd rather just bring a Cannoneer or spend 5 more for a Gladiator.

The Gladiator is great, but that's it. Xekaar is decent too. The Cyclops are a joke though. In order of how good they are, it's Brute > Shaman > Savage > Raider. You get the worst 2.
>>
>>48374398
you also just have the option of a straight-up normal AOE, which is more beneficial in some situations.

i was thinking angels could do harassing until Aurora wants to go in and flashing blade something to death. though this edition she really wants to leapfrog infantry. i put in so many erads because the feat helps with side step and because my recips are not assembled yet :P

that makes sense for synth. do you find needing repair that often with his FM? granted the other options can be very important.
>>
File: SkorneBattlebox_front.jpg (79KB, 600x411px) Image search: [Google]
SkorneBattlebox_front.jpg
79KB, 600x411px
>>48374353
>>
>>48374577
His FM keeps them in the fight, but with a PA, repair keeps them from being able to follow up a big damage turn to kill it. Forcing them into having to deal 7-15 more boxes of damage can often be enough to keep the thing alive, and two OD units can often both repair it to remove a ton of damage it's suffered.

It's not insanely good(the tactic is best employed by Lucant) but it's a bonus to their other support roles.

It also lets them last longer, since your opponent is going to try and kill them.
>>
>>48374670
But it was one of the strongest ones in Mk2 purely because it could beat face so hard. You had Rush and Abuse in the same box. 15" threat range Savages with P+S15 that are hard to kill on the crackback because of Pain and Suffering.
>>
>>48374560
>The Raider is bad because it's 9 points and only gets 1 weak shot per activation. A single boosted POW14 on a heavy for 9 points?
seems rather par the course for ranged lights. Even warmachine lights like the charger and the repenter are about that much

> I'd rather it just fucking had 7MAT and didn't have Future Sight. It's barely better than just buying another attack.

I think its better than you give it credit for, but I haven't seen any actually math done about it.
>>
>>48374768
MAT6 with P+S13 on a giant fucking sword being carried by an 8 foot tall beast that can see into the future is an insult no matter how you look at it. And as for the Raider, the problem is fury. If I want to animus, boost the hit, and boost damage, I now have 3 fury to deal with. I don't want to have to sit my Handlers back to babysit this light piece of shit. Warjacks don't have the problem of running hot or needing to use an animus, so you just allocate a single focus, then boost the hit and damage. More beasts means more support, but more jacks don't necessarily because they support themselves.
>>
File: image.jpg (2MB, 2592x1936px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
2MB, 2592x1936px
Repenter No.2 is ready. Malekus is pretty good with two of these bad boys.
>>
>>48374670
yes, yes, skorne is eternal shit, we get it

for all other factions the BB is a good place to start

for skorne, cut off a few fingers, stab yourself in the eye with a pen, and sear your tongue with a hot iron, and then just pick cygnar
>>
>>48374943
I dunno man. I ordered a battle box from Menoth and now I just have an assembled Warjack sitting there, unpainted. I didn't think about this purchase in the slightest.
>>
>>48374943
Don't forget to scream "MUH HOKSUNE" while doing it.
>>
So is there a place to see canon alternate colour schemes without shekels or is it worse off than Games Workshop's shit?
>>
>>48375193
The only time I think they ever codified them was in the old mk1 books. Pretty sure 5th Border Legion was in Supremacy.
>>
File: kingmaker.jpg (84KB, 960x720px) Image search: [Google]
kingmaker.jpg
84KB, 960x720px
Better size, dunno why that other one came out so small.
>>
>>48375265
>>48375193
Some of the No Quarters have them, though I don't remember which ones.

One of the more recent ones had all the Skorne variants, let me see if I kind find them.

But what does canon matter anyways?
>>
>>48375265
Only asking because I almost want to paint Khador/Menoth to look like Black Templars
>>
>>48375386
Yea, NQ62

>>48375392
Khador Black Dragons are canon Black as a primary, you can easily paint an army based on their scheme.
>>
>>48375352
>no sword knights
PP invalidated my purchase :(
>>
>>48375434
>Feign Death on fucking Trenchers

Do you realize how much this fucks gunlines?
>>
Anyone here lose to bad rolls?
>>
>>48375707
Rolled a 4 on three dice needing a six to move a warjack out of a drag lane on their caster.

Cost me an extra attack on Karchev, which left him with 10 boxes. I cost myself an extra attack as well, but at dice even I'd have needed a hard ten.
>>
>>48375707
Attempted a bombing run, had a full warcaster, literally only needed 2 of 4 attacks to hit
missed 3 of them despite boosting 2 of the attack rolls
>>
So how viable is throwing the leader of a medium base unit to fuck up their formation for next turn? Because like, you could fuck up an entire unit doing that so long as the throw target survived.
>>
>>48375899
pretty niche considering you're not likely to throw it in a way that will fuck the whole unit, and people who leave their leader out for that are going to be newbies at best. protecting leaders is pretty basic stuff
>>
>>48375899
Kind of janky.

I've got a better option(Dragging a model with the Prime Axiom) and when it works, it's fucking amazing. Especially when it's a unit that was going to ruin the Colossal next turn.

The trick is to keep them from killing the model before the unit activates.
>>
>>48375926
Well it depends on your strength. A Rassler with Rask can throw something 9". If you just threw it straight backwards, any out of CMD (very few units have anything close to 9) have to walk away next turn and eat free strikes.
>>
>>48375966
They can walk zero, and if they just shoot the leader before the unit activates they can fix it.

Which is the other issue with the throw, in that between the risk of spiking damage is also the fact that they're knocked down, so it can be easy to shoot them.
>>
>>48374930
I always prefered a nuetral color when painting the arcs. The blue just pulls focus away from your model
>>
So question, is Gorilla Glue a really bad idea for adhering the models together? Did it and the shit seems kind of gloppy on the joints.

Only used a drop.
>>
>>48376155
Gorilla brand super glue?

shit's fantastic. Don't forget to shake
>>
>>48376155
If you used their straight up glue, yea, it's bad.

It's super strong, but takes a long time to set.

Their super glue, on the other hand is pretty great.
>>
>>48376232
It's the blue capped super glue. Tried gluing together the Menoth guys and the shit wouldn't work why the fuck did I pick this battle group
>>
>>48376155

https://www.amazon.com/Maxi-cure-extra-thick-Smith-Ind/dp/B0000DD1QF/ref=sr_1_4?ie=UTF8&qid=1469056530&sr=8-4&keywords=bsi+maxi+cure
>>
>>48376251
You clean them first?
>>
>>48376268
N-no. I didn't think I'd need to do that with plastic, since I know to do that to metal and resin.
>>
>>48376251
Make sure to clean them with some water and just a light touch of soap. It gets the mold releasing agent off of the minis, and lets the glue do it's job.

Also, remember not to use too much glue. Use too much, and it has trouble curing properly/quickly.
>>
>>48376329
Warm water I'm guessing? And how much would you say is a light touch? I mean, I'm new as shit to this legitimately and every time I see "soapy water" on other sites people make it look like fucking dish water.
>>
>>48376282
EVERY mold will have release agents.
>>
>>48376362
What I usually do is just put them in a container with warm water and a drop or two of dawn, then just shake it up until it bubbles. Then just pour it out, and use a coffee colondilar to rinse them easy.
>>
>>48376362
I run warm water (not too hot for plastics, they'll warp) and put a little bit of soap on an old toothbrush, and scrub them up. You shouldn't need to like soak them or anything, just a quick rinse and some light scrubbing.
>>
>>48376362
I use an old toothbrush to clean my stuff under warm, running water (watch that it doesn't get too hot, as you don't want to accidentally warp plastic or resin parts), and put a drop of liquid soap on the brush. I'll add another drop after a while if I have a lot of stuff to clean.

Then let the parts dry off a bit, and begin assembly.
>>
>>48376492
I'll keep that in mind next since while I will paint these Menoth guys to get some practice, my main army'll probably be Khador or Trollbloods later since they're at least to me the most in my style.
>>
>>48376282
you don't ALWAYS need to do it with plastic but it helps. like i can always feel it on metal. on plastic some i have washed and some not, no problems either way.

when I do wash i just put warm water and dish soap in a small tupperware, let it soak for a bit while i do something else, air/paper towel dry, and then start cleaning flash
>>
>>48375352
Well that's pretty terrible
>>
>>48377142
Feign Death and ambush is pretty god damn nasty as an anti gunline.
>>
>>48377142
if you were expecting them to bring back shit on the level of Body & Soul, Machinations of Shadow, Wold War, or Sustained Attack, you were deluding yourself
>>
>>48377172
"I headbutt Bart with one of my heavies. Fuck you Sloan."
>>
>>48377316
Damiano makes Trenchers POW15 on the charge, which is pretty nuts.
>>
>>48377172
Not really. Ambush is on Boomhowler which is a terrible unit and your unit selection is awful in this list. Feign Death is actually pretty good, but it does nothing prevent all your dudes from dying to shooting. You can still get shot and assuming you make your tough roll you're then knocked down and useless.

>>48377228
Ha, no. I hate those lists. All I wanted was a compelling reason to take the theme list over a regular Mercs list. Unfortunately there isn't one. The unit options are terrible outside of trenchers and there are only two decent solos available. You also have zero terrain mitigation and the list does fuck against anything that has effective shooting.

It's cute, but it will never see any actual table time outside of scrubs looking to do something fluffy.
>>
>>48377142
Trenchers are really good, and Feign Death on a bunch of tough dudes is also really good. Playing ten points up because of free Orin and Kell is also really good.

The sticking point is Boomhowlers for me. Ambush is cool but that unit just doesn't get much done.

Also, Madelyn Corbeau with Feign Death is stupid as fuck if you take a Buccaneer to knock yourself down. If they can't kill her with blast damage or something the only possible way to kill your caster is a warjack in melee, because they can't shoot/spell you and can't punch you with warriors.
>>
Man, I want to see the cryx themes
>>
>>48377962
I'd like to see any more of these.
>>
>>48377685
Useless?

They just stand up and shoot.

Or if you don't ambush Boomhowler, he just calls to stand up and you get a normal turn anyways.
>>
>>48377745
Tough is a little too random to count on for Feign Death. It's good, but not that great. Ask any Troll player how reliable tough is

The Madelyn trick is honestly the best thing this theme has going for it. Assuming she doesn't get errata'd it's pretty good but then what the heck does the rest of your army do? Basically nothing because it's all low arm single wound shitty infantry.
>>
>>48378180
You don't count on tough for feign death, you use feign death if tough triggers.

You lose nothing if the tough doesn't trigger, same as usual. But if it does trigger, then your opponent is kind of fucked.

It also makes your caster impossible to kill at range with a headbutt from a jack every turn.
>>
>>48378220
the problem is that only trenchers and boomhowlers get the benefit reliably.

Also the list has no pathfinder which is very problematic.
>>
>>48378282
And your warcaster, which is the biggest deal about this list.
>>
>>48378315
So you don't get shot to death on your caster. How are you actually gonna win the game though?

You have no ragman/aiyanna/gorman to crack armor, you have no pathfinder on any melee.

You basically make a gunline list and that's it.
>>
>>48378153
And then what do you do? You can't charge, you can't move to contest if you shoot, you can't run to contest, if you are lucky enough to be able to move and contest you aren't shooting.

>>48378220
What you're losing out on are all the other awesome units and solos you can take in a generic Merc list. It's a huge opportunity cost for an ability that is not guaranteed to ever be relevant

>>48378315
If you're willing to knock your own dude down. I guess you can spend the points on a buccaneer but that's a waste of points and focus.
>>
>>48378282
Croes have pathfinder, and Merc warjacks can't get pathfinder to begin with outside of Lanyssa landing Hunter's Mark. Lack of pathfinder isn't that big a deal simply because Mercs have fuck all for pathfinder options anyway.
>>
>>48378389
Croes are not well known for their melee prowess
>>
>>48378364
>
And then what do you do? You can't charge, you can't move to contest if you shoot, you can't run to contest, if you are lucky enough to be able to move and contest you aren't shooting.

And if you're already contesting?

>If you're willing to knock your own dude down. I guess you can spend the points on a buccaneer but that's a waste of points and focus.

Moorclaw is free, takes a Rover(who he gives four initials on the charge), provides a shield guard jack, and a late game closer.

And if you think making your caster immune to ranged and magic attacks for a single focus is worthless for a single focus, well, then I don't think you're actually playing warmachine.
>>
>>48378364
>If you're willing to knock your own dude down. I guess you can spend the points on a buccaneer but that's a waste of points and focus.

One focus and a light warjack activation in exchange for making your warcaster immune to all shooting and magic is a waste? lol ok.
>>
>>48378438
Big whoop, what melee infantry are Mercs actually taking? That's what the battlegroup is for.
>>
>>48378457
>>48378455
OK, so you're going to spend a focus on your focus 6 caster to stand them back up every turn, upkeep your spells, cast new ones and allocate focus to your jacks? Why not just put them in terrain?

You'll notice Magnus1 already has Feign Death and could do this trick already and upkeeps spells for free. No one does this because it's terrible. In the 1/50 games it's handy I'll just shoot your army off the table with insert random Cygnar/Ret/Khador list

>>48378493
Good luck. You have no damage buffs and no upkeep removal. How do you deal with high arm battlegroup spam lists
>>
>>48378646
Why would you pay to stand up?

Most casters don't use their combat actions for anything, so you can just forfeit that and walk if you need to move.

And Magnus1 is sure as shit doing it in this edition, now that it doesn't actually cost him any focus himself due to Power Up.
>>
>>48378646
With another list, or with Damiano?

Jack spam lists aren't going to be super shooting outside of a very few examples, so you're far more likely to actually be standing to charge.
>>
>>48378646
>OK, so you're going to spend a focus on your focus 6 caster to stand them back up every turn
Do you not even understand how this game works? If your caster dies it's over, it's done, there is no next turn. If you win on scenario because you were able to dominate for 2 when otherwise you would have been shot to death this is also true.

>Good luck. You have no damage buffs and no upkeep removal.
Big fucking deal, Mercs barely have upkeep removal to begin with, Orin keeps offensive upkeeps off your shit, and a Magnus2 battlegroup can crack normal armor just fine. You just don't drop it into extreme armor bricks, which is fine because you have a second list.

>You'll notice Magnus1 already has Feign Death and could do this trick already and upkeeps spells for free. No one does this because it's terrible.
No one does this because Magnus1 has a mediocre as shit spell list and feat, so nobody plays him. You're also misunderstanding the point of Feign Death on Magnus2, he needs to keep a Warjack within 3" anyway, and you can use this powerful sorcery called "critical thinking" to determine whether you actually NEED to knock him down, you don't just to it every fucking turn for no reason like a retard.
>>
>>48378646
>You have no damage buffs
Calamity, Damiano feat

>no upkeep removal
Orin stops offensive upkeeps from being placed to begin with, and Mercenaries don't have upkeep removal to start with outside of Eiryss2, which is as soft as soft removal comes.
>>
>>48375352
So to discuss this beyond the one memer who thinks it's trash, would you ever take boomhowlers with this? They really aren't that great rn imo, but I'd be interested in someone enlightening me
>>
>>48378990
Like, ambushing boomhowlers can come on the board, call for no spells, and run towards their flanked caster.

You can absolutely fuck a players turn with that, especially since the bubble is 8"
>>
Someone please talk me out of this list.

Mercenary Army - 75 / 75 points

(Gorten 1) Gorten Grundback [+31]
- Ghordson Driller [10]
- Grundback Gunner1 [6]
- Grundback Gunner2 [6]
- Grundback Gunner3 [6]
- Grundback Gunner4 [6]
- Grundback Gunner5 [6]
- Grundback Gunner6 [6]
- Grundback Gunner7 [6]
- Grundback Gunner8 [6]
- Grundback Gunner9 [6]
- Grundback Gunner10 [6]
- Grundback Gunner11 [6]
- Grundback Gunner12 [6]
- Grundback Gunner13 [6]
- Grundback Gunner14 [6]
- Grundback Blaster1 [6]
- Grundback Blaster2 [6]
>>
>>48378990
I dunno if I'd take this list, but some of the pieces are solid, and feign death with trenchers sounds fun. I'd rather have ambush on the trenchers or cutthroats though. I was kind of hoping for more of a merging of "Bad Seeds" with "Magnus' Agenda" though with access to more Cygnar options.
>>
New thread >>48379923
New thread >>48379923
New thread >>48379923
New thread >>48379923
New thread >>48379923
New thread >>48379923
Thread posts: 323
Thread images: 16

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.