[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Warhammer 40k General

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 404
Thread images: 45

File: Best General2.png (1MB, 1014x761px) Image search: [Google]
Best General2.png
1MB, 1014x761px
Someone has to make an Edition

>Rules databases
https://mega.co.nz/#F!pFgm0RKR!J06C1gVYcjzNGsF8YNLsjQ
https://kat.cr/warhammer-40k-pdf-library-t9575373.html

>FAQs
http://www.games-workshop.com/en-GB/Rules-Errata

>40k 7th edition quick reference sheet(s)
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/4104995/Games/7edRef_V7.pdf

>Forgeworld Book index
http://www.dakkadakka.com/wiki/en/Forge_World_and_Apocalypse_Rules_Index

>White Dwarves
https://www.mediafire.com/folder/tx4hcy4u487pv/WD

>Novels (Working link as of 02/02/2016)
https://mega.nz/#F!wx4BiKhD!YhnAf1BqSmAB8dO6xDM56Q
>>
>>48376044
>Someone has to make an Edition

OP a best edition
>>
Slow thread today.
So, what's everybody working on? Played any fun games recently?
>>
File: I2.jpg (53KB, 626x551px) Image search: [Google]
I2.jpg
53KB, 626x551px
>that Ork FAQ
Ok everyone, all together now
>ORKS
>A MELEE RACE
>I2
>BS2
>LD7
>CODEX 5+
>They're really fired up!
>>
>>48376114
Played against a Space Wolves army with my Dark Angels I'm slowly building up, it was fun, but nothing major happened. My Guard got wreckt by some Grey Knights tho, Draigo deathstar couldn't be killed.
>>
File: 1444759804138.jpg (409KB, 737x1600px) Image search: [Google]
1444759804138.jpg
409KB, 737x1600px
There should be a Gaunt's Ghosts-esque series of novels set entirely on an Imperium Battleship, y/y?
>>
>>48376114
I'm having problems making my dark eldar.
I need another blaster for my true born...
which I can get from the scourge box I want...
if I buy the talos I want I can only convert a total of 3 haywire blasters but I need 4.

What do I do?
>>
>>48376114
Working on making my SkitMech less WAAC: I started off with six grav Destroyers, six haywire Breachers and four robots, but I've realised that it's not a fun army to play against, so I'm adding more Skitarii troops and general variety to it.
>>
>>48376044
OP forgot the discord edition
https://discord.gg/FpVfNKp
>>
File: orkI2.jpg (159KB, 599x1457px) Image search: [Google]
orkI2.jpg
159KB, 599x1457px
>>48376140
>>
>>48376114
Had Ahriman shriek a squad of broadsides in ruins off the board last night, rolled a 16. That turn Kharn also swept a Riptide from his personal land raider. Won the game too, CSM v. Tau (only 3 riptides) @2kpts
>>
>>48376221
search bitz sites?
you can make a blaster by cutting a shredder top off and attach the blastpistol top

make one scourge with breakable arms to be replaced later. 3 haywire are not bad either
>>
>>48376286
People snatch up haywire blaster bitz like crazy, trust me I searched all the sites I know and trust.
>>
>>48376114
>So, what's everybody working on?
Finally motivated again with a bit of time so putting the finishing touches on three DA fliers.
>Played any fun games recently?
Nah my last two matches were pretty uneventful and I felt bad. Do have a 2v2 (DA/SW) v (Multigod Daemon and Nurgle Daemons with CSM allies) with 2000 points per player.

We are trying to decide if we should add two 2x2 tiles since we will have such large armies.

>>48376183
>Space Wolves army with my Dark Angels
On eof the favorite matchups for my Ravenwing. It helps the two SW players at my shop are total bros.
>>
>>48376114
here's what on my desk to work on

>seeker chariot; chariot done, based, seekers need to be primed, rider primed
>exalted; chariot done, based, seekers base coat, riders primed, 2 more seekers need priming
>keeper; based, layer and highlight
>>
>>48376333
i know son, I know.
Do you know how lucky I was I got 3 heatlances?
You might want to search for talos-parts, or harli-car haywire.
>>
>>48376221
>I'm having problems making my dark eldar.
I'm having trouble getting them to work on the Table Top. IG blew me apart.
Scourges are cool but my Incubi and Succubus a shit . When I posted yesterday someone suggested I try an archon.
I am considering Harlequin allies now as I don't want regular Eldar and am too new to understand Corsairs.
>>
>>48376140
I2 I could understand.

When I found out they were actually S3 I laughed my ass off.
>>
thousand sons work in progress

2 chaos rhino

3 chaos bikes

chaos lord with terminator armor

5 chaos terminators

10 chaos space marines

20 space marines to finish

6 dark angels bikes to finish

3 obliterators

Dark talon

Heldrake

chaos vindicator

Tech priest dominus

3 kataphron destroyers

Kastelan robots

Onager dunecrawler

3 kataphron destroyers

10 skitarii vanguard

Herald of nurgle

10 plaguebearers

3 nurglings

3 plague drones

Where do i start all of them need paint...
>>
>>48376405
post list
seek help
maybe you made errors. (solo DE is like wet cardboard. Not good against steel, i admit)
>>
>>48376221

$9 on eBay
>>
>>48376454
eldar are s3

>>48376495
what do you want to play with? otherwise you can do the nurgle models with some washes quite easily, gives them a nice gross wet look
>>
>>48376564

Multilasers are s6
>>
>>48376564
I will try to finish the thousand sons and the work in progress of marines and bikes then move on to chaos rhino i guess..
>>
>>48376454
It's not even that, it's the "They're really fired up!" line from the FAQ that kills it.
>>
>>48376727
Oh yeah, that was fucking gold.

It's like they're intentionally abusing Ork players.
>>
>>48376114
Reading through the rules, then the codex so i can plan out my first army.
>>
>>48376114
Primed up my squad of deathwing knights this morning. I'vd got two more scouts to finish before I start on the knights.

Last game i played against KdK/chaos. Was down to my last squad of termi's then called the game cause it was getting late. Would have been fun to see how much damage they could do. They were sitting in the back field with rockets. My friends was left with a demon Prince, two hellbrutes, a immobile defiler. All with a wound/HP left
>>
>>48376513
>post list
On mobile so don't have my text document with all the points.
I have a Succubus that I will be swapping to an Archon that will still run with 3 Incubi and Klaivex in a Venom.
All Venoms have Splinter Cannons with Flickerfields.
I have 2 units of 5 warrios and 2 units of 10 warriors in Raiders (only with Shock Prows but Ive been told that is wrong).
My three fast attacks are a Razorwing Jetfighter with 4 shatter missiles and darklance then two units of 5 scourges 4/5 of each have Dark Lances.
>>
>>48376805
>dark lances
You need sum haywire.
Also deep striking trueborn with blaster rifles, Ravagers are good as you can deepstrike them if you don't win deployment.
Lots of minimum sized squads of jetbikes with heat lances are great.

To be honest, guard is a very hard match up because he has easy access to ignores cover.
>>
>>48376900
>he has easy access to ignores cover.
Yeah he had Veterans in Chimeras, 3 Leman Russ and an Artillery piece with the big circle template.
I was thinking about using half my scourges as Haywire instead of 8 DarkLance Scourges.
Trueborn look pretty cool. Would I put my HQ with them instead of the Incubi?
Which HQ do you use? How would you load out an Archon.
>>
>>48376995
If you're going to use an archon over a succubus you give him a blaster, a webway portal and nothing else, maybe a shadow field if you're feeling lucky.

Drop him and squad of 4 blaster trueborn from deepstrike in a raider and destroy one vehicle squadron, if any of them survive the inevitable destruction of their raider and are not pinned they can destroy another one.
>>
>>48376805
mmh consider nightshields on some of the raiders/Razorwing cost 15pts but gives them stealth.
an archon has the advantage of being able to take a 2+ invul field.

unortunatly ig is very bad news for de, not at last because they a ignore cover order. If that has been a problem, only the Company command squad (HQ-choice!) can issue that. So mark as target.

The problem with incubi is that they are only good in cutting good armor infantry like space marines. Against IG their AP2 @ initiative attacks are wasted. That is why people often suggest grotesques instead, who are more versatile.
>>
>>48377060
Thanks, I think Trueborn and the archon will certainly be my next purchase.

>>48377062
I do use one on my Razorwing I think, definitely not on the Raiders.
I think I may drop one of my troops to make room for some of the changes. Which would you drop?
Do you ever have your Warriors bring Heavy Weapons? I havent.
>>
>>48377235
>I think I may drop one of my troops to make room for some of the changes. Which would you drop?
maybe split all into 5 man squads for more transports
>Do you ever have your Warriors bring Heavy Weapons? I havent.
there was a reason to bring a splinter cannon with the splinter rack raider, but with the faq, nope. min size for more targets
>>
How do challenges work? I'm trying to parse this section of the rules. I haven't gotten a lot of sleep this week, so I'm having trouble understanding it.

Is a challenge basically a sub fight in an assault? You issue the challenge, and the two characters chosen for challenge fight it out while the other models in the units fight it out, but no wounds from either subfight in the assault can be allocated to the other until one of the subfights is won?
>>
>>48377364
yes. if the other player accepts with a character, that is
>>
>>48377364
The only caveat is if a model in a challenge is the only one left in a unit, wounds can then be allocated to him by models outside of the challenge.
>>
>>48376405
Check out The Dart City. It's the dark Eldar forum and every dark Eldar player should be a frequent visitor. It'll probably answer every question you ever had about the DE.
>>
File: Tau shopping.jpg (72KB, 1024x723px) Image search: [Google]
Tau shopping.jpg
72KB, 1024x723px
Commander-162
2 plasma rifles, shield generator, stimulant injector

Commander-150
2 burst cannons, shield generator, xv84 suit

Stealth team-200
6 suits, 2 fusion blasters, 2 target locks
Stealth team-90
Ghosteel-145
fusion blasters, ion raker, counterfire defence system

Fire warriors-101
9 models, shas'ui, turret
Fire warriors-58
8 models, shas'ui

Tiny Tau army from all the models I've got painted. Is it worth playing with or should I just focus on painting everything else?
>>
>>48377235
>>48376995

I agree with the other guy, more or less. Archon should go with the Trueborn. Give him a WWP, Blaster, maybe Haywire Grenades if you have 5 extra points. I give mine a Clone Field as well.

The problem with this is that the Archon will be 100 - 130 pts depending on the load out. You could almost afford another deepstriking Venom squad for the same cost.

The most effective HQ is a 10 point Lhamaean. She's not a character so you'd have to buy a sergeant of some kind (imo the only one that's not a total fucking waste is the Arena Champion if he's in a unit of 5 Reavers + him) to make your Warlord.

Scourge "should" have Haywire according to the entire internet. I stopped running them because they always fucking die and other things can neutralize or actually blow up vehicles as well.

Your list sounds mostly fine. DE are just in a completely shitty place right now. Every single thing we can do is done 100% better by Corsairs, with the sole exception being Covens units (which are basically like Craftworld Wraith units but shittier).

I put Nightshields on all of my vehicles, it can occasionally stop you from having to jink to fucking bolters or whatever dumb shit. It's admittedly a bit expensive. Also, Venoms should always have double Splinter Cannons (it's unclear if you meant that in your post, since you start off with Flickerfields and 1 Cannon - no need to list them again). Anyway, Raider Warrior squads used to be amazingly great (add 1 Splinter Cannon to a ten man squad, Nightshields and SPLINTER RACKS [capitalized because it's the most important part]) and you could rape basically anything with high toughness/medium save or worse than that in 1 turn. But now jinking makes you snapshot and all of that other shit so we are basically nerfed into the ground.
>>
>>48377565
>deepstriking Venom squad for the same cost.
I've made a grave error boys.
It all starts on the field. All of my games so far. Why am I so bad. Thats 11 or 12 games...
>>
>>48376900
>he has easy access to ignores cover
IG do? I admit I'm not experienced with my codex but I never thought IG had a good time pretending cover doesn't exist.

>CCS with Fire on my Target
Order doesn't pass 100% of the time, can't use on Vets in Chimeras. Disembarking Vets is suicidal for me unless I'm absolutely sure they'll make their points back that shooting phase. For big blobs sure, last time I brought 100+ models my opponent had nothing but anti infantry guns, cupping his hands with dice multiple times a turn so my infantry disappeared by the end of turn 3. My few vehicles remained invincible, but in an objective game I lost horribly.

>Primaris with Perfect Timing
Similar to above but I'll have to be lucky rolling and harnessing the power consistently.

>Leman Russ Eradicator
One S6 AP4 Large blast, maybe I have shit rolls because I scatter wildly into nothing over half the time. Even if it hits, 50% chance to hurt anything that's AV10, good for light infantry I guess but that's 55 extra points to do my Wyvern's job.

>Wyvern
Should cost more for what it does but this isn't going to pop tanks (S4) and in a group of min squads in vehicles, it isn't worth taking more than one.
>>
>>48377563
that second fire warrior team should be 82 points for 930 points total. Oops.
>>
>>48377488
How one dimensional are the dark eldar?
>>
>>48377653
>How one dimensional are the dark eldar?
NoDecurion/10
>>
>>48377638
That and cheap and easy access to multiple flamers/unit and heavy flamers on chimera/sentinel...

Compare what you have with other codices. Tau have it better, due to markerlights and SMS. But many have far less. And no. does not work all the time is no excuse. Hardly anything works all the time.
>>
>>48373103
>>48373120
>>48373140
>>48373164
>>48373184
>>48373215

AAAHAHAHAHAHAHA you just can't make this shit up.

> "Lol ur firey flamethrower weapons aren't fire weapons lol."
> "WHY'RE YOU HITTING YOURSELF WHY'RE YOU HITTING YOURSELF (harder than your enemies"
> "Ur wargear ignores benefits granted by USRs."
> "We wanted to contradict one of the only good Ork formation's rules that otherwise would let you improve them from unplayability to almost decent by excluding ICs from its benefits."
> "We're such fuck-ups that we still won't let you include Looted Wagons as Auxiliary units, even after re-releasing it & acting like we're the second coming of Christ for doing it."
> "Whoops, we forgot to forbid bikes from the Council's Nobz, or to let Waaagh! benefit bikes. Better shit that up harder."

This doubling down on obvious mistakes as "lulz Orks are dumb" can get fucked. It's lazy and unprofessional, & a thinly veiled attempt to mask incompetence with (bad) "humor."

And FFS, Grabba Klawz should not be able to stop SHVs.

Whichever ignorant empty-skulled fuckmuppets shat this together ought to be run out on a rail.
>>
>>48377679
I don't know what that means.
>>
>>48377653
very as there is little that actually works.
-almost every infantry has to take a transport or die fast.
the whole codex is a few units for anti-tank who actually can hurt a tank relaibly without needing to melee (scourges, trueborn ravager)
a few gimmicky units that work well if they do not die (reavers, incubi grotesques mandrakes)
hqs tthat are too expensive, flimsy and too weak STR wise to hurt much.
add kabalites in transport (variety: do you want blaster? venom or raider?)
and the razorwing who can fire 4 large blast missiles and has 2 dark lances
the rest is pretty much garbage
>>
What do you guys think an army requires before it can be referred to as a "Forge World army"?

- Having one or two Forge World models/units in it?
- Being majority composed of Forge World parts?
- Having rules that are only found in a Forge World rulebook?

I have a 40k army that uses no FW units but every model is almost entirely made from FW parts and the chapter tactics are also from Badab War. I call it a "FW army" even though it has no real FW shit in it other than chapter tactics and bits.

On the other hand, you could have a full plastic army that is full of FW units and using the FW Siege Assault Vanguard army list. Would that be a FW army despite being 100% GW parts?

This is mostly just out of random curiosity, but also because I know some places are retarded and ban FW. I never see 30k players refer to their army as a FW army but maybe that's because it's redundant to do so.
>>
>>48377768
Orks are the NPC race. They're for kiddies with no friends who want to set up basement games that they play by themselves so they can test out Space Marine lists for the real game. Little do they realize that they'll never have anybody else to play with because the game's most appealing and iconic faction has been nerfed out of the game.
>>
>>48377808
>Having rules that are only found in a Forge World rulebook?
Personally only that. So you can have a FW army without any FW models, but having MK5 power armor for your ultramarine successor chapter make them.... an ultramarine successor chapter.
Be aware it means, even one model with a rule, or chapter tactics from a FW book.

It is my personal view, to my knowledge it is not defined to mean one thing.
>>
>>48377653

>Venom spam
>Raider/Ravager spam (the former is now dead, thx FAQ)
>Coven deathstars

Those are basically the only 3 lists you would ever see anyone playing, although there are a lot of variations within those categories (from "how many razorwings do I include?" to "should I into ObSec or 6 FA slots with some command bonuses?"). There's also a reason why every single post everywhere recommends the exact same weapons loadouts on every unit (the only exceptions being certain melee guys and the whole "pick from 1 of 2 possible loadouts" HQ guys)

Not actually that 1 dimensional though, I have had some success fielding units that you almost never see mentioned anywhere in 7th edition (namely Mandrakes and Beast packs). It's more mono-build than a lot of armies but not completely stuck in one build. And with the supplement you get an entirely different play style.

>>48377614

Also remember screening/intervening saves and all of that. Consider taking a Realspace Raiders Detachment for 6 FA slots (add 3 squads of Reavers or Beasts imo, use them to tie shit up and as mobile cover) + 1st turn benefits.

If you're not running a close combat beast for your Warlord then you should at least consider rolling on the Strategic Traits table instead of the Codex table. All of them except Conqueror of Cities are basically better than anything on our table, except Labyrinth Cunning or whatever it's called. Even if you're running RRD, because rerolling on a shitty table is going to be worse than rolling once on one with 5 options that can completely save your ass.
>>
>>48377808
A forge world army is an army that uses a forge world ruleset entirely. If you use FW models for an army using rules from a 40K codex, it's just a 40k army with proxies. If you use GW plastic models for an army from a FW rulebook, it's a forgeworld army with proxies. What your store allows is up to them. Many stores like to ban minis that they don't sell, because they only allow gaming in order to advertise the products they do sell. That's their prerogative. What models and rules are allowed is a question for the venue, tournament organizer, and/or players to decide.
>>
>>48377834
> game's most appealing and iconic factionS
factionS.
Ask any BA, DE, CSM, Tyranid player if they feel different. And there are a few others that barely function against eldar-tau-SM-necron
>>
>>48377860
So a Tau army with a single FW suit would be a FW army. I don't disagree with that, but it seems kind of weird to say that since it'd be like calling a marine army with a single grav gun a grav army.
>>
>>48377768
>> "Ur wargear ignores benefits granted by USRs."
Wait, which answer ruled that?
>>
>>48377808

Corsairs and anyone else who only exist in FW books.
>>
>>48377895
>If you use FW models for an army using rules from a 40K codex, it's just a 40k army with proxies

Some FW models don't have FW rules and are meant to be fancier alternatives to 40k units.
>>
>>48377895

So BaC armies used in 30k would be proxies? Or would they count as FW? This shit is confusing.
>>
File: pelvic sorcery.jpg (582KB, 1323x1839px) Image search: [Google]
pelvic sorcery.jpg
582KB, 1323x1839px
>>
>>48377808
As for hybrid armies, like a 40K army that uses a couple of FW tanks, that's a houserule army. GW can demand that everyone allow FW models and rules in 40K until they're blue in the face, but in the end it's up to the players or the venue to decide what's allowed. Therefore any hybrid of GW and FW is a de facto houserule list.
>>
>>48377906
yes. Mostly because there are many people who will not play against FW and a army with a single FW-rules model is a no-go for them. I think its stupid but it is their choice so I respect that.
>>
>>48377918
That's a proxy, then.
>>
>>48377963
lol no. The makers and owners of the IP say something, that word is therefore the word of god. If you're playing 40k, any model made by GW or FW is legal unless you're a salty cunt.
>>
>>48377963
That'd be the other way around, banning forgeworld is a houserule.
>>
>>48377958
No perils for pelvic sorcery
>>
>>48377984

No it's not, because it's an official model being used for the official rules that go with the model. A Mk IV Venerable Dreadnought being used as a Venerable Dreadnought is not a proxy. It's not even a different mark, the GW plastic Venerable is also a Mk IV.
>>
>>48377987
is 'legal' is a weird thing. A triple riptide list at 1250 can be legal, but I would decline every time someone asks me to play against it.
>>
>>48377987
>>IP
>>Game

You need to do some reading on the concept of a "game". Some of GW's own stores don't allow FW. That's fine, because your roof = your rules regardless of what some cunt in England thinks.
>>
>>48377963
>As for hybrid armies, like a 40K army that uses a couple of FW tanks

The vast majority of FW tanks are 40k units. They all existed before 30k was even a thing. Fuck, some plastic GW things were FW units to begin with, like the Baneblade, Vendetta, Trygon, and even the Drop Pod.
>>
Why Forgewirld have such a hard-on for the Horus Heresy, I'd like to see some War in Heaven with more C'tan models
>>
>>48378034

You are legally allowed to decline playing against legal lists. There is no rule forcing you to play this game.
>>
>>48378024
Proxy means substitute. If you use an FW model as a nicer-looking alternative to a GW model, it's called a proxy.
>>
>>48378050

Because it sells well. It's that simple. Corsairs did not sell well but Knights and Riptides did, that's why FW also has a hardon for Riptide and Knight variants but doesn't spam Eldar stuff even though Eldar is popular in 40k.
>>
Noob question:

Do I need the regular Space Marines codex to play Dark Angels?
>>
>>48378072

The FW Venerable Dreadnought is not a substitute, it is a Venerable Dreadnought. It's not some plastic Ironclad or regular Dreadnought or Contemptor counts-as a Venerable, and it's not a soda can proxy. It's a fucking Venerable Dreadnought made by GW.
>>
>>48378041
Doesn't matter. If it isn't part of your store's inventory, they have the right to ban you from using it. You don't like it, go play somewhere else.
>>
>>48378087
No.
>>
>>48378087

No Dark Angels use their own codex. Any units they share with other marines will have its rules printed in Codex: Dark Angels so there is no need to buy the regular codex.
>>
>>48378094
I responded to someone else's question. If you aren't going to read the actual question, then we aren't talking about the same thing. The anon explicitly said "Some FW models don't have FW rules and are meant to be fancier alternatives to 40k units." That's called a proxy.
>>
>>48378072
People know what proxy in 40k means, you just simply don't know yourself, or you are misapplying it to things that aren't proxies. A FW tac marine isn't a proxy if it's being used as a tac marine. A FW bolter isn't a proxy if it's being used as a bolter.

>>48378095

BaC is part of GW store inventory you dipshit. GW will also order FW shit for you in store.
>>
>>48377723
I agree with the Flamers, what also doesn't make sense is why IG infantry has so much access to Flamers (even heavy). So is the ignore cover ease IG have an issue for armies with open-topped transports and other exposed infantry?

As for inconsistency it raises another question. If it isn't 2+ cover, why shoot once just to ignore cover when I can just shoot more (doesn't ignore cover) to compensate? I'd rather shoot with an Exterminator at a jinking Vyper/Serpent than an Eradicator.

I also hardly use orders/psykers since usually my infantry are in a Chimera in some ruins/cover, maybe I play IG the wrong way trying to focus on my survival/objectives than just killing my opponent.
>>
>>48378126

A sports car with the factory installed sports package spoiler is not a proxy for the basic version of that sports car you moron. So no, you're just fucking wrong. Everyone read the original question, you're the only moron who thinks FW units without FW rules are proxies.
>>
>>48378126
>this FW kit that's literally the GW plastic one with some fancy resin stuff glued to the top is a proxy

Lol.
>>
>>48378136
I'm not saying that GW stores are intelligent or sane. I'm just telling you that some GW stores will ban FW. It's just the way things are.

If you use FW models in a 40K army using non-FW rules, that's proxying. Doesn't matter if GW owns FW or the associated IP. A game is a game, and if you don't agree with the other player on what models to allow then you aren't going to have a game. Scream and cry and act like a baby as much as you want. Games don't happen without consent.
>>
Question.

Why doesn't GW just sell bits on its own? I'd buy a lot more from my local GW if I could just get the stuff I wanted rather than going to ebay. Doesn't that hurt their overall sales?
>>
>>48378158
What do sports cars have to do with gaming? You're just being retarded. Games require an agreement between two players. No agreement, no game. Cars don't work like games because they don't involve a mutual decision between two people.
>>
>>48378239
>Doesn't that hurt their overall sales?
Oh anon, please sit down. We need to have a talk about GW...
>>
>>48378239
People have to buy kits to get bits to sell, so GW profits regardless.
>>
>>48378239

They used to but they stopped in favor of making you buy 5 boxes to get the weapons you want. When they sold bits you could just buy 1 box and 5 bits.
>>
>>Butthurt forgeworld fans
>>Still think that FW is "real" 40k
>>enjoy your optional expansion rules and substitute models, dipshits. I'm busy finding real gamers to play with while you waste money collecting toys.
>>
File: 1402194790593.jpg (32KB, 500x299px) Image search: [Google]
1402194790593.jpg
32KB, 500x299px
>mfw I have only one model left in my backlog
>>
>>48378297

I know this is a shitpost, but GW has stated that literally all of their own rules are optional.
>>
>>48377913
gitfinda
>>
>>48378300
you have beaten the beast that plagues many of us, carry on!
>>
>>48378332
Any rules in any game are technically optional.
>>
>>48378263
>You're just being retarded

Says the guy who claims using a FW 40K model for its intended use is proxying.
>>
>>48378263
What do mutual decisions have to do with definitions of words?
>>
>>48378225
>If you use FW models in a 40K army using non-FW rules, that's proxying.

No it isn't, if the FW model is a 40k unit with a plastic equivalent. A FW marine isn't a proxy, it's a marine. A FW vehicle door isn't a proxy, it's a vehicle door. It's equally as legal and valid and not-a-proxy as the GW plastic equivalent.
>>
>>48378039
That's likely the store managers behaving like retards, and I'm pretty sure if you called up GW, gave them the names of the employees that said that, and said you'd be taking your business elsewhere because Jim Bob said you couldn't use your super expensive forge world model (that you wanted to buy more of), that GW would send a guy down to fire Jim Bob the store manager and replace him with a far more friendly employee.

Remember, got a problem with the guy in charge of you FLGW? Call up GW and enlighten them on the behavior of their employee.
>>
>>48377768

>And FFS, Grabba Klawz should not be able to stop SHVs.

What if the Klaw is on a Super Heavy vehicle?

I'd kind of be able to see something like a Battle Fortress or Stompa doing it.
>>
Who is this moron who thinks a FW unit is automatically a proxy in 40k?

Tell me, what is the fucking intended purpose of a FW unit that only has 40k rules, if not to be used in 40k?
>>
>>48377958
Let's do the Time Warp again
>>
>>48378503
>mfw FW Thunderhawk has GW rules and no GW model

I'm guessing these are newfags who weren't around when flyrants and drop pods were FW only models with GW only rules.
>>
>>48378460
Sorry bruh. If GW didn't make it and put their label on the box, it's a proxy. If it came in a bag, it's a proxy. If you tack some FW bits onto your GW model, it's a conversion. All of these things require the other player's approval. So do regular GW minis, if that's how the other player wants to be.
>>
>>48378479
If GW likes that store manager's numbers, that manger is staying. They can be as much of a dick as they want if they bring in lots of cash.
>>
>>48378566
Then you start a smear campaign and drive down his sales for fun in your free time.
>>
>>48378460
Nobody cares what's "legal" and "valid". In my games it's legal and valid to run my little pony figures as Imperial Knights because I don't give a shit.
But if the other player or the organizer of a tournament says it's not legal and valid, it doesn't matter if Jesus anointed the damn figure with Rick Priestly's ball sweat. GW can't send their stormtroopers to your house and force you to let any model into your game. If you want to be a dickhead and ban models, you have every right to be a dickhead because it's just a game.
>>
>>48378239
They used to actually do that, but apparently the reason they stopped is that some intern literally fell in the Bitz room and knocked all the bins on the floor, and at that point GW just decided to do away with the whole thing rather than try to fix that massive screw up for that and tangentially related reasons.

Not exactly the best reason, but as somebody whose job is to clean up other peoples fuck-ups, it's a completely understandable one.
>>
>>48378626
Bits are also a bit wonky when you end up selling certain bits more than others, so you're chopping up sprues and wasting 90% of it.
>>
>>48378239
>Doesn't that hurt their overall sales?

What, that they sell a box to a retailer who then has to go through the process of separating the bits, storing them and trying to squeeze some money out of them, while GW gets the sale of that box? Yeah, GW's really shooting themselves in the foot with that one.
>>
I've been playing mech orks and I want to try footslogging now.
What should I try to do to increase their survivability? Is 3 squads of 60 enough to survive 2 turns of firepower from imperium forces?
>>
>>48378874
Use Gorkanoughts to ferry them across the field :^)
>>
So I'm wondering, since there's no way to tell chinacast from FW resin at the gaming table and there's no perceptible drop in quality, does chinacast put 40K within reach of poorfags at long last? I know it's not dirt cheap, you're still paying $3-5 a mini on average, but you end up with something that looks a lot better than GW's Liefeldian cartoon plastic molds. How many fa/tg/uys have played against confirmed Chinacast armies so far? Did the LGS/GWmart catch on? Did the purported rubber pool toy smell give them away?
>>
Are Custom Craftworld/Chapters/Septs/Whatevers only for the most autistic people?
Today I went into the shop to pick up an order and started chatting with a player I have seen a time or two that was there painting.
All his blood angels were gold in armoy, with maroon heraldry and some other nonsense.
When he caught me looking at them I must have had a puzzled look so he starts explaining and just starts verbally masturbating about his Blood Angel Successor Chapter. Real special snowflake type shit about how they only recruit from high society or some bull shit and their homeworlds were rich with precious metals.
He had names for everything and it was just too much.
I told him I prefer real chapters and he got all defensive.

Sell me on making up stories for plastic figures as a grown adult.
>>
>>48378961
kys normie
>>
>>48378952
>at long last?
like recasts havent been around or something?
I have a few recasts in my army and all people have ever mentioned is that they weigh more.
Recasters arent sending you sprues they will send you pieces that were assembled in a way that makes them easier to cast. This may mean that a chunk of a vehicle which is usually 5 plastic bits is just all resin.
It looks the same.
There is no smell after you paint them. If you dont paint them people will know.
They take a sizeable amount more work to get ready and may have multiple imperfections.
My LGS Owner has a Don't Ask Dont Tell Policy inside the store walls.
>>
File: ORKS ARE A MELEE RACE.jpg (112KB, 353x890px) Image search: [Google]
ORKS ARE A MELEE RACE.jpg
112KB, 353x890px
> ORKS ARE A MELEE RACE
> Step in and deliver a swift stab with your combat knife to the ork's vulnerable face
> Repeat as appropriate until target is undeniably deceased(And then once more, orks are too stupid to die)

MAXIMUM KEK

https://regimental-standard.com/2016/07/20/fighting-orks-in-hand-to-hand-combat/
>>
>>48378961
If you aren't autistic, get a fucking girlfriend or some overtime hours at work already. If you're playing 40k as an adult then you are somewhere on the autism spectrum along with 20% of the human race. In my experience the fluff fags and artfags are nowhere near as autistic as the gamist faggots who cover the table in unpainted plastic and pull out all the stops to win their imaginary toy soldier game and then go online to bitch about the rules.

Stop worrying about looking like an autistic retard. You're already an adult playing Warhammer. Normal people will laugh at you and go back to smoking weed, working at 7/11 and churning out babies as normal people do.
>>
>>48378895
Fuck you, I came here for legit advice and not your stale memes
>>
>>48379023
Read the post. It's about resin recasts of FW models that were always made of resin. Resin recasts of plastic models are fucking garbage.

Many of the FW models in question aren't that old, and the recasting operations have grown drastically in size and distribution over the past few years.
>>
>>48378961
>Are Custom Craftworld/Chapters/Septs/Whatevers only for the most autistic people?

No, but they attract them like flies and are only capable of being well done by a non-autist, which is very rare since non-autists tend not to invest so heavily into custom fluff.
>>
>>48379043
>human catching an orks swinging wrist with muscular velocity and weight
Holy shit I'm fucking dying
>>
>>48378109
>>48378112

Thank you. I knew DA had their own codex but didn't know if I'd need both. Emperor bless you.
>>
>>48378952
if you're that poor then perhaps you should be worrying about other things.

>>48378874
pretty sure orks max out at 30, you could add in painboys to give out 6++ feel no pain. there might be a formation that lets you take more painboys but idk

>>48378961
it's almost like people like to talk to other people about their hobby and hope to live up to the fluff and expand their enjoyment
>>
File: FirstLegionTwitter.jpg (1MB, 969x1356px) Image search: [Google]
FirstLegionTwitter.jpg
1MB, 969x1356px
>>48379176
>Emperor bless you.
You too 10th Company Initiate, you too.
>>
>>48378239
they stopped because in order to provide inventory tracking, SKUs and the rest for individual parts and sprues so that when you order you actually get what you ordered

the best thing they could do is figure out what the highest demand is for and do clampack upgrade sprues (similar to the old resin ones)
>>
>>48379211
>FirstLegionTwitter.jpg
>#That feel when your 2+ save is rerollable while you cross the field in a turn with mass AP2 spam
>>
File: Knights on their Steeds.jpg (436KB, 1335x1084px) Image search: [Google]
Knights on their Steeds.jpg
436KB, 1335x1084px
>>48379249
Show me on the doll where the Ravenwing touched you.
>>
What are some general tips for beating tau as codex space marines?
>>
>>48379466
Get into close combat and wreck them after a generous application of glorious graviton, Battle Brother!
>>
>>48379466
Get a Pinion Company, have Lias Issodon lead it in the strike force command. Enjoy Infiltrating grav-cannons with Ignores Cover.
>>
>>48379466
well they lack psykers (besides their etherals and fireblades saying to shoot faster), you could also get some drop pods in their face but not too many times or he'll have interceptor on a lot of units, also close combat
>>
File: No fun allowed.jpg (89KB, 453x479px) Image search: [Google]
No fun allowed.jpg
89KB, 453x479px
>>48376140
Can you stop for a day so the Ork players can lament in silence?
>>48376269
>>48376454
>>48376727
>>48376765
I think they're doing this on purpose.
>>
>>48379466
>Generic Shitty Question.

What sort of Tau List?
What sort of Space Marines are you using?
How many points are you working in?
What did you have trouble with the last time you faced Tau?
Have you even faced Tau yet?
Do you play the game?
>>
File: Kryziu Kalnas.jpg (39KB, 610x203px) Image search: [Google]
Kryziu Kalnas.jpg
39KB, 610x203px
>>48377768
0din, which cross do you think belongs to the hopes and dreams of Orkfags?
>>
>>48377958
No Perils for Pelvic Sorcery
>>
>>48378050
>Why Forgewirld have such a hard-on for the Horus Heresy
Because 30k is ballin'.
>I'd like to see some War in Heaven with more C'tan models
That would be hard to do.
>>
>>48378961
>Sell me on making up stories for plastic figures as a grown adult.

If you're a member of the hobby, we really shouldn't have to sell you on this in the first place, cuz it's kind of a large part of the whole thing.
>>
File: 100_1079.jpg (235KB, 1152x864px) Image search: [Google]
100_1079.jpg
235KB, 1152x864px
>>48379466
USE THE PSYCHIC PHASE
>>
>>48379133
I'm literally on the spectrum and special snowflake bullshit pisses me off more than anything to the degree that I will cheese the fuck out of snowflake armies and only them.
>>
so....space marines have there own refuel ships and there own ships with forges right? or at least fleet based chapters do?
>>
Lorewise, why would the eldar work with the dark eldar? Wouldn't there be some lingering resentment or fundamental philosophical differences? How could any craftworld eldar trust a dark eldar?
>>
>>48379830
Probably.
I'm sure some would and some wouldn't, depending on if the chapter is well equipped or not.
>>
>>48379466
Have you considered employing grav weaponry? Or perhaps using free stuff so you have a 600 point advantage over your opponent?
>>
>>48379856
When there's an enemy that hate more than each other.
>>
>>48379856
more then lingering resentment...they basically hate each other. there would have to be a damn good reason or literally no other choice. harlequins could broker such a temporary truce however..for example.
>>
>>48379856
there's plenty of lingering resentment/fundamental philosophical differences between Imperial factions too. Why should marines work with Inquisitors who assume they're traitors right from the start, or with Mechanicus cultists who don't even properly revere the Emperor?
Craftworlds and Dark Eldar have one thing in common, they both fight for the survival of the Eldar species. A craftworld could hire DE pirates for defense against an invasion, allowing them to take slaves at will. Nobody ever said Craftworlds were good guys or even remotely nice people.
>>
>>48379856
not per se, craftworlders can join up with the dark eldar when they want (which isn't often) and rarely the dark eldar want to go straight

sure your half sister's uncle from dark space might enjoy eating kittens and snuggling but it's better then hanging out with orks and you desperately need help. the dark eldar are doing it for shits and giggles
>>
>>48379901
I thought their lore was that they hated each other more than anything else.
>>
>>48380123
Slaanesh would rank higher.
>>
File: questionmark.jpg (91KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
questionmark.jpg
91KB, 1024x768px
???
>>
>>48379616
Whichever one is the most broken & neglected.

>>48379145
> GW shitting all over Orks in the propagandistic manner of treatment for other races
> except this time it's actually true

It's like they know their codexes well enough, after all.
>>
>>48380224
Christ, we get it already.
>>
>>48380187
Plastic Eldrad sprue.
>>
>>48380224
>Whichever one is the most broken & neglected.
Nonsense. The Lithuanians would place 100-1000 more in it's place.
>>
How long do psychic powers last? None of these entries are specifying.
>>
>>48380281
Til the next psychic phase unless specified otherwise.
>>
File: 1413072372182.jpg (129KB, 700x877px) Image search: [Google]
1413072372182.jpg
129KB, 700x877px
>>48380252
let the man have his salt. he was told for a while that FAQs should help fix some things and to stop complaining on that basis, I don't begrudge him the hate right now.
>>
>>48379536
Illegal. Cant use Raptors in Pinion, sadly.
>>
How does a big mek in mega armour in a battlewagon with 15 lootas sound?
>>
Think I'm just gonna start running my Ork models as Astra Militarum.
>>
>>48380314
Did Orks FAQ set them back further or something? Haven't paid attention to FAQs besides the armies I play.
>>
>>48380340
Waste of money, time & points.
>>
>>48380340
Sounds like it could be a Warboss in Mega Armour with a Painboy and 4-5 MANz and not suck.
>>
>>48380314
It was a mistake thinking Orks would get imroved.
>>
>>48376727
>>48376765

I'm getting a pretty solid kick of schadenfreude out of it, myself.

> Why do Orks hit themselves harder than they hit any enemies in any 2nd or subsequent round(s) of combat?
> Haha! They're really fired up!

No, they aren't, you cringey corporate twatmuffin; they have to take the Mob Rule test because something fucking scared them--a scenario that shouldn't even be possible.
>>
>>48380352
There wasn't really any problems with interpretation of ork rules, they're just bad.
>>
File: YarrickPortrait.jpg (48KB, 510x373px) Image search: [Google]
YarrickPortrait.jpg
48KB, 510x373px
>>48380401
>hey have to take the Mob Rule test because something fucking scared them
>a scenario that shouldn't even be possible
I agree but if it's Yarrick then Orks are going to be rustled.
>>
>>48380266
Neat.

Official list of characters who could really use a new model:

Azrael
Abaddon
Skulltaker
Typhus
Karandras
Maugan Ra
Ahriman
Asurmen
Ragnar - The Worst Character Model Available - Blackmane
Lucius
Cassiu- actually there is a new Cassius...
Tigurius
Drazhar
Kharn
Mephiston
Baharroth
Jain Zar
Fuegan
...Vect...
>>
>>48380451
That's not fear. Yarrick is obviously an Ork and Orks naturally become confused and disoriented when they see an Ork leading the humies.
>>
I borrowed the shops Orks and made decent enough list for casual play against IG for me to have fun. Ended up winning 8-5 Maelstrom.
It would crumble against anything above that in the army rankings I guess but I enjoyed trying it out.
>>
>>48380451
> rustled

Yeah, really fired up!
>>
>>48380459
Oh, I nearly forgot Fateweaver.
>>
>>48378514

>slaaneshi heresy
>done by a chapter that has ABSOLUTELY NO RELATION AT ALL TO THE THOUSAND SONS WE SWEAR
>>
>>48380459
>Ragnar - The Worst Character Model Available - Blackmane
That the shitty metal SW power armor guy with boy arms raised or something right?
if its the model I am thinking on it was stuck on an old metal bike with some plastic bits and called a librarian
>>
Got an Ultramarines vs Tau game tomorrow. My opponent is a local tournament player and I'm a newbie. He told me to bring the best because he's not holding anything back apparently.

What's the best approach to this? I've faced Tau once before, and the guy (diffirent guy) had brought nothing but riptides and y'varhas.
>>
>>48380272
Literally lol'd.
>>
>>48380483
Maybe just maybe it's not the size of the Ork that counts, it's the size of the fight within the Ork that counts?
>>
>>48380520
>I know you're new and I play the faggot ass Tau of all factions but, you know, bring your best because I'm not going to hold back!

To not play Taufags. Seriously, they're all this faggoty.
>>
>>48380459
I'd like to see a plastic calgar, dante and azrael.

They did sniktbub, they should do the other big four.
>>
>>48380520
Don't waste your time with that shit unless you have your own tournament list.
>>
>>48380537
>>48380546
Can't I just go skyhammer or a knight? I have a friend who said I can borrow his knights/titants.
>>
>>48380401
I normally try to not get worked up about the rules governing my plastic soldiers, but I've been working 12s all week and just got home and remembered it was Wednesday. "Hey maybe the new FAQ will be for Orks." I don't even know why I cared. I didn't have any questions about the rules.

I honestly just feel like throwing my meager army away. That was just adding insult to injury. Fuck this game. I'm almost 30.
>>
>>48380520
Points?
What models do you have because it isn't like you will build them by tomorrow if your army needs an overall.
>>
>>48380484
>Maelstrom

Cool story, bro. Maybe you should try them in a game of 40k.
>>
>>48380558
1850pts.
I have almost everything in the codex, and a friend who will let me use the stuff I don't have.
>>
>>48380552
If he has that shit that lets him intercept or whatever prepared to get F'd in the A. You could bring knights but why field all this faggotry just to stroke the ego of a Tau player.
>>
File: Kryziu Kalnas 3.jpg (48KB, 320x420px) Image search: [Google]
Kryziu Kalnas 3.jpg
48KB, 320x420px
>>48380530
No seriously they have done that. The crosses were bulldozed but the locals weren't having it. They would just put more crosses up, the crosses would get bulldozed, but the Lithuanians would just put more up. A pope blessed the place as if the place with at least 100,000 crosses needed more blessings.
>>
why do they keep shitting on orks over and over
>>
>>48380552
>newbie here, just casually have this skyhammer formation at the ready.
>>
>>48380552
Run two skyhammers, arm them all with grav. Maybe add a Librarian conclave.
>>
>>48380577
It is a maelstrom game. I don't want to just bend over and die or back out. Surely there's something I can do.

>>48380604
I bought nearly 3k points of stuff for $800 from a friend.
>>
>>48380568
>Maybe you should try them in a game of 40k.
Are Maelstrom Missions not considered "a game of 40k" ?

Do you have to play some homebrew ITC mission set to get full effect to you?
>>
>>48379043
You know regimental standard is Imperial propaganda right?
>>
File: rags.jpg (41KB, 600x620px) Image search: [Google]
rags.jpg
41KB, 600x620px
>>48380517
Yep. I think for shittiest and oldest award, he really only competes with some of the phoenix lords, abaddon, and drazhar.

>>48380539
Yeah power armor calgar needs help. Azrael is my jams and I'd love a new model for him. Especially a highly detailed one with some dynamic lookin wingaling action on his helmet like he's got goin on in that art where he fights kharn.
>>
>>48380625

Joke's on you, ITC uses Maelstrom objectives.
>>
File: Heresy12.jpg (12KB, 209x242px) Image search: [Google]
Heresy12.jpg
12KB, 209x242px
>>48380629
>You know regimental standard is Imperial propaganda right?
>>
File: wensleydale.gif (427KB, 320x240px) Image search: [Google]
wensleydale.gif
427KB, 320x240px
>>48380558
Abuse the psychic phase and grav weapons, you're going to lose because tourneyfags are no-fun-unless-I-table-you-with-no-casualties so expect the worst out of the codex.

I never like Tau hate circlejerks but tournament players are just the epitome of the kind of shit that gets described here.
>>
>>48376204

Thanks for the read
>>
>>48380646
That is heavily modified with other objectives.
(not the TOs themselves but the Scenarios or whatever they call them)
>>
>>48380625
Kill team is technically a game of 40k too.
>>
Welp, time to sell my orks and start some Blackshields

Goodbye 40k you piece of shit
>>
>>48380737
...were you expecting FAQs to fix orks? They're just a clarification of rules. It's not like it's any mystery that Orks are turrible.

Sounds like you just wanna excuse to start blackshielding.
>>
>>48380737
What was so great about the Orks before the faq? Were people seriously ignoring the book and resolving Breaking Heads at S3?
>>
Wait, there was an Ork FAQ? Can someone repost it then?
>>
I haven't played 40k in about five years, are SM bike armies still viable? I bought a shit tonne of bike army stuff but moved to uni and haven't been able to actually model or paint until now.
>>
>>48380779
Go suffer accessing your social media.

It's on their facebook page.
>>
>>48380802
They're still one of the top options.
>>
>>48380667
>I never like Tau hate circlejerks but I love tourneyfag hate circlejerks

Why? They're both true, they're both valid, and they both have good reason to cause whining. It's utterly asinine to hate one but not the other. You're implying Taufag hate is unwarranted, to which I can simply claim your stance about tournament players is equally unwarranted and untrue.
>>
>>48380778
>>48380772
they could have done SOMETHING with the errata

i mean they gave all dreads 4 attacks just because

That and their tounge-in-cheek responses to some of the questions just reinforce that they see ork players as a joke
>>
>>48380802
Still one of the best, as long as you chop off their plasma guns and replace them with grav guns.
>>
>>48380836
It looks like the ork players are all fired up.
>>
You know I have a theory. FW shafts IWfags because they have a belief system similar to the Aztecs(replace human sacrifice with shafting), so maybe GW thinks the sun will explode if they don't shaft Ork players?
>>
File: 1376752181995.jpg (109KB, 416x700px) Image search: [Google]
1376752181995.jpg
109KB, 416x700px
>>48380836
Hope is the first step on the road to disappointment, anon.

Orks are such a disaster from within and without I wouldn't expect them to be touched until the next edition comes out.
>>
>>48380337
you can, pinion is available to any marine chapter, not just raven guard. its the talon strike force that is RG unique.
>>
>>48380557
Honestly dude, just try out my book with your friends. Fuck tournaments, fuck WAAC, fuck GW.

They're simply incorrect in many ways about the army & either 1) can't help it, or 2) could, but aren't man enough to admit it & fix it.

We should have fun with the game & the models we enjoyed building & painting. Don't let their incompetence ruin that.

Bit ly/Orks7ePDF

Then, write GW customer service about how you just can't justify giving them any more money until they un-fuck their mistakes. Get specific with what they did wrong, from the codex shit to dumping on an already bottom-tier army. I let them know that Orks were the only reason I even cared about 40k, but if they don't give a shit, how should I? Why should I even have to make a codex that doesn't shit the bed? In any case, my groups & more will just be using the 7e fandex until they harden up & write the next book to be decent.
>>
>>48380832
>Why? They're both true, they're both valid, and they both have good reason to cause whining.
Well it just seems to go on and on and on and nothing new is being said and nobody really disagrees either. It's boring.
>>
>>48380557
>>12s
police, fems?
>>
>>48380913
GW is going to make them even worse when the next edition comes out. Orks were always intended as an NPC race. There was that brief era in 4th edition when they could be competitive if you built your army just-so (all footslogging slugga boyz under a 4++ KFF) but that was just an accidental oversight on GW's part.
>>
>>48380832
I've found the tournament hate very valid but both of the local tau players are pretty chill and focus more on the painting and collecting side, so they're fun to play against.

meanwhile the two tournament-style players have been relegated by unspoken agreement to just playing eachother and that's it
>>
The warhound scout titan with the turbo lasers say "Primary Weapon 2" in battlescribe, and there's 2 of them on it.

Does this mean it fires 4 shots per turn?
>>
>>48381017
Some guys at my flgs were talking about another store where there was this one prick who would play max cheese against everyone and one guy who would do nothing except play cheese breaking lists in Age of Sigmar The latter guy turn one killed Nagash and the former guy never went back to the place.
I'm glad I don't have to put up with these kinds of people. There was one Tau cheese player who got sick of winning/being made fun of and started a Blood Angels army, although now just about everyone plays Age of Sigmar instead of 40k.
>>
>>48380954
Most employees at jobs in the US are expected to work 12 hour shifts. Something to do with the fact that there are no unions and employees are regarded as disposable short-term turnover monkeys. Police and paramedics are supposed to do something closer to 16-20 hours at a time.
>>
>>48381051
No it fires 1 and a half shots.
>>
>>48380859
The fuck is a grav gun
>>
File: 1377878368647.gif (650KB, 499x699px) Image search: [Google]
1377878368647.gif
650KB, 499x699px
Why are Ork players so fucking whiny

I mean either sell your orks and buy a decent army or get tabled in dignity, I dont want to hear it anymore
>>
>>48381086
The key to victory. Fires an absurd number of shots and does more damage the more armor your opponent has. Chews up vehicles. Read up on it.
>>
>>48381065

Only police, firefighters, and hospital staff are exempt from the US law that states employees are limited to 40 hours of work. Anything beyond 40 a week is going to be overtime pay so it's not like you're being jewed with an overload of work for regular pay.
>>
File: WAAAAGH.jpg (93KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
WAAAAGH.jpg
93KB, 500x500px
>>48381006
>>when you love orks and playing against orks and want them to be good so bad
>>
>>48381121
Those orks took at least some effort to build and paint and base and now when you play your army you have such a defective army?
Anyone who plays an unpainted army gets no sympathy.
>>
>>48381063
and then there are the sad cases like two guys I know who have been collecting tau and raven guard for literally years, got really excited about the kauyon/mont'ka campaign, then quit 40k completely for AoS when they realized the new stuff that allowed them to play to the fluff they'd been enjoying for years also made it nearly impossible to have a fun casual game while using anything from the books they'd been excited for. one of the saddest moments I've ever seen in the hobby, and I've seen a few since 4th.

those kinds of guys are just as much a casualty of the current approach as CSM/Nid/Ork players, the guys that just want to have a decent game without being OP and having to intentionally not play to thier best. I'm arriving there with them because of my saim-hann, I don't even take scatterbikes (just shuriken cannons 1 in 3) and grav-tanks, and every victory is just starting to feel hollow because I know my shit is undercosted as fuck but I've been playing the same shit for years.
>>
>>48381209
New player here. What do you mean "current approach" Should I not invest in an army?
>>
>>48381236
What do you wanna play?

Honestly the game is fine if you play with cool dudes and you're all cool and play cool.

Though orks are kinda so bad that even if you play with cool dudes who are cool they might accidentally table you and feel bad about it.
>>
Can a tau buffmander give interceptor to things other than itself?
>>
>>48381276
I had basically narrowed it down to either sisters of battle or chaos demons. Leaning heavily towards chaos demons, as they seem like they would be less one dimensional once they hit the table.
>>
>>48381236
overload of formations and the "detachment of formations" that give massive bonuses without a points cost simply by having specific units.

in some cases they're the only way to stick to a particular army's fluff well (usually if you need to take more of a specific unit than a CAD would allow, or alternate deployment options) the raven guard talon strike force is a good example of this, since the main detachment itself just gives a few benefits that fit the RG pretty well, but with such power disparity between codexes even that little edge becomes too much.

if you enjoy the building and painting as much as or more than the game, then 40k is still good, and you can join us in hope for a better balanced future, if you just want the game, go for AoS (its actually pretty good with the General's Handbook stuff) or another game.
>>
>>48381299
daemons can be used in both game lines now, so you have that at least
>>
>>48381299
Yeah don't even trip bro, daemons are great. Wacky weird army that can reach a very high power level or be played super casually and fun.

Also super duper fun to paint.

Don't even think about sisters, I'm warning you dog.
>>
>>48381345
That's what I've heard. It's sad though. I really wish GW would support my favorite nuns.
>>
>>48381065
You're a fucking idiot. None of what you said is true.
>>
>>48378678
They're selling that box way below MSRP though. If they parceled bits out at an even higher rate and stopped selling to ebay third-partiers, they'd make shitloads of cash.
>>
>>48381389
we've all said the same thing for years but GW is pretty set on giving them the emperor's death; no physical support, a nod in the fluff, and a rumor of their return at some point.
>>
>>48381402
they did before, the cost of overhead compared to demand was really, really high. its something that's difficult to appreciate unless you've dealt with that side of a business, but after a certain point if the demand for parts is too low its not worth your time to do.

they'd probably spend less designing and selling an upgrade pack in a clamshell than the prolonged overhead of trying to replicate a bits service
the bits companies can manage it because that's all they do, and don't have to have extra controls differentiating bits inventory from production inventory, etc
>>
Can Cataphractii captain take multiple relics?
>>
>>48376114
Trying to finish painting my Space Wolves. I've been trashing the people in my group for a while with my gray plastic and it's time to get dat powder blue going.
>>
>>48379856

How is this a frequent question? There is an entire faction dedicated to getting them to work together. They're the same fucking race with shared history and culture.

>>48380123

Not even close. They like each other better than monkeigh and ESPECIALLY Chaos.
>>
>>48378095
GW fires their shitty staff if they ban forgeworld. We got our local store owber fired because of it. The new one is a good guy, and a former regular, and he is apparently doing a lot better, primarily because of all the cross selling of Forgeworld he is doing, and there are generally a lot more people in the stores.

Banning forgeworld is retarded.
>>
File: 1387935224531.gif (262KB, 244x244px) Image search: [Google]
1387935224531.gif
262KB, 244x244px
>>48381389
I'm sorry, anon. Maybe some day.
>>
im 500ish points into an ork army, new player, and all this negativity is almost getting me down. but then i look at my burna boyz and know that its all worth it
>>
>>48376284
I've found in my time that Chaos actually does very well against Tau as long as you have reliable ways to get into melee.
>>
>>48378532
>Conversions require other players approval

fuck you
>>
>>48381522
>GW fires their shitty staff if they ban forgeworld

Not in every case. The manager of the GW in Scottsdale, AZ banned FW for years. His store makes a ton of $$$$ though, so I assume that trumps everything.
>>
>>48381504
Only Tau HQ's can take multiple relics.
>>
File: 1336548165149.jpg (57KB, 402x475px) Image search: [Google]
1336548165149.jpg
57KB, 402x475px
>>48378532
>MFW you can't accept the truth
>>
File: 1440036345097.jpg (203KB, 976x750px) Image search: [Google]
1440036345097.jpg
203KB, 976x750px
>>48381550
>>reliable ways to get into melee
>>chaos

honestly I just wish there was a webway portal type dealio where you could open a horrible warp rift and have dudes rampage into assault out of it like from the space marine game.
>>
>>48381065
>are expected to work 12 hour shifts.

You're expected to work 40hrs/week before you can (and automatically do) accrue overtime pay. How you get to that point is up to you, and there are rules for it.

> >4 Shift - No break
> 4-6hr Shift - One 15min break and 30min for lunch.
> 6-8hr Shift - Two 15min breaks/one 30min break and 30min for lunch (can be taken consecutively for 1hr lunch)
> 8-10hrs - Two 15min breaks/One 30min break and 1hr lunch.
> 10hrs+ - Same as 8-10, but with an additional 15min break for every 2hrs worked.

You cannot be forced to work more than 14hrs/day outside special professions which have different rules (like LEO's, nurses, etc) but they also have different rights.

Overtime pay (x1.5 wage/salary) is automatically accrued past 40hrs/week. Double-overtime pay (x2 wage/salary) is accrued past 60hrs.

If your employer isn't following these laws, you're losing money and can file a report with the Department of Labor anonymously, and they'll ram their dicks down your companies throat to get your company to pay up.

>Something to do with the fact that there are no unions

Depend hugely on the profession and region in question. Unions are less popular in the South outside specific professions (for a HUGE host of socio-political reasons that go as far back as Reconstruction) yet they're common and popular in the North.

>Police and paramedics are supposed to do something closer to 16-20 hours at a time.

They are abnormal, and have different rules for working due to the specific nature of their job.

A dude at Kohls isn't working 16hrs a day unless he wants to be, and most employers highly discourage that behavior because it's unproductive and gets shitty results, as well as increases the risk of having to pay them overtime.
>>
>>48381607
So does taking Cataphractii armour and a shield eternal count as multiple relics?
>>
>>48378532
>So do regular GW minis, if that's how the other player wants to be.

Then why the fuck would you even use that as an argument in the first place? Oh, that's right, because you're a retard.

>If you tack some FW bits onto your GW model, it's a conversion

No, it's called a FW model, because many FW models come with fucking GW plastic parts you dipshit.
>>
>>48380123
You are thinking of Warhammer fantasy elves.
>>
>>48381121

Shit's hit the critical mass of neglect, insult, and underpoweredment since the 7th ed book dropped with them being the underpowered edition test-bed that was immediately discarded like half a year later.
Though the root of the issue stems way before that.

If you're talking about /40kg/ though there's at least a dozen dedicated shitposters who have taken it upon themselves to shitfling as much as possible with a constantly evolving agenda of pretending to be orkfags, taufags, people complaining about said fags, and etc.
>>
>>48381648
No. Cataphractii armor isnt a relic.
>>
>>48378532
Nope. They got rid of the '40k Approved' stamp in the IA books because everything in the IA books is now officially legal. This happened a while ago, around the time IA13 came out iirc.

Your local meta might require opponents' approval for IA units, but what you're doing is a houserule.
>>
>>48377768
>This doubling down on obvious mistakes as "lulz Orks are dumb" can get fucked. It's lazy and unprofessional, & a thinly veiled attempt to mask incompetence with (bad) "humor."
It probably hurts more to the ork players since the beast series was released, showing an unstoppable army smashing though the enemy lines, instead they have suffering and hopelessness
>>
>>48377958
No perils for pelvic sorcery
>>
>>48381779
All units in every game require opponents' approval. That's how gaming works. You play in a tournament, you follow the tournament's rules. Not GW's.
>>
>>48381185
I spent a good 8 years painting and basing a ton of fire warriors, pathfinders, broadsides and Crisis suits, I have a slew of Devilfishes who are identical to the point where people can't tell them apart, and Hammerheads with tank-kill markings.

So whe I see a fuckface field a literal green coated army, that have never been within 10 feet of an actual paintbrush, and then have to listen to the faggor complain all game, then no, you wont see any kind of sympathy from me.

If he had maybe put a bit of effort into it, instead of claiming he has been playing for 6 fucking years, then I might have suggested Odins work. But when he neither wants to paint his army, nor just play the game, but rather bitch and moan about his unpainted, ugly-ass army not performing well, then he can go fuck himself.

I have been wanting to get triptides to field against unpainted scums, but I can't make myself paint those ugly ass mechs.
>>
With kickasstorrents gone where can I download my 40k books now?
>>
>>48381281
Nop.
>>
>>48379583
>Lament in silence
From the posts it seems the boyz are going on a waagh, none of the other FAQ's tore that hard into GW this soon after.
>>
File: Brutes02-black-scheme.jpg (119KB, 920x950px) Image search: [Google]
Brutes02-black-scheme.jpg
119KB, 920x950px
Sorry you arent satisfied with the rules in Codex: Orks

We also offer another variety of greenskinzā„¢ whose powerlevel may be a big more to your liking :^)
>>
>>48382300

The AoS orc models are so good.
>>
>>48382311
Can't you use them as 40k mega nobs or foot nobs? Not as if that would be an ideal choice but still
>>
>>48382300
AoS has a lot wrong with it but the Orc models are pretty nice.
>>
File: 1456590781816.jpg (26KB, 725x414px) Image search: [Google]
1456590781816.jpg
26KB, 725x414px
>>48378532
>Conversions require player approval
>>
>>48382330
They'd be good in a Snakebites army.
>>
>>48382342
>if a FW kit contains plastic parts it's a conversion

The guy is legitimately retarded.
>>
I was just tabled by a Marine player yesterday. Took him 2 turns.

I play Terminator heavy Dark Angels (termies + vehicles and a few dreads) and he cleaned me up without any problems.

His Grav fucked my vehicles and dreads turn one. Came in from deep strike with a lot of terminators, and killed his grav.

And then he told me his tacticals had rending bolters. Wiped me off the field without even blinking.

What the fuck? Is this legit? That sounds so fucking ridiculous, I can't even
>>
>>48382360

Raptors players are fags.
>>
>>48382360
Raptors chapter tactic lets you use bolters as heavy 1 rending.
>>
>>48380401
>>48376765
>>48379583
>>48382250
>>48382300

>#GREENLIVEDMATTER
Who's up for vandalism and rioting?
>>
>>48382360
That'd be Raptors Chapter Tactics.

https://www.forgeworld.co.uk/resources/fw_site/fw_pdfs/Warhammer_40000/Forge_World_Space_Marine_Chapter_Tactics_V2.pdf

Bolters can become Heavy 1 Rending if the unit didn't move.
>>
File: Tahril3.jpg (62KB, 300x400px) Image search: [Google]
Tahril3.jpg
62KB, 300x400px
>>48381517
>Not even close. They like each other better than monkeigh and ESPECIALLY Chaos.

But what about the Blood Feud?
>>
>>48382386
Are there *any* downside to this, or is it just "lol have some free rending bolters"?

And don't tell me the drawback is that they aren't getting another chapter tactic. That is fucking absurd.
>>
You ever want to take up a fluff-less chapter and try to give them something?

I want to do it for Silver Guard.
>>
>>48382454
They can't move if they want it and they can't Rapid Fire.

So not really.
>>
>>48382463
We had a whole list of chapters we did that for.

https://1d4chan.org/wiki/Expanded_Minor_Chapters

Make an entry for Silver Guard if you like.
>>
>>48382435

'E DIDN'T KRUMP NUFFINZ

'E WOZ A GOOD GROT
>>
>>48382483
Oh, cool.

I'll have to work on stuff soon then.
>>
File: tumblr_nq0e14Mwgg1svol0jo1_500.png (126KB, 436x450px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_nq0e14Mwgg1svol0jo1_500.png
126KB, 436x450px
>Read the Beast Series
>it's series about the Beast Waaagh! which the highest threat level the Orks ever reached in which they threatened to conquer the galaxy and topple the Imperium
>mfw the Eldrad and Harlequins send a message to the Emperor that the Orks are just distraction and not the real threat. This Ork invasion like the many that came before it and will come after it are all just distractions that distract from the greatest of threats that is Chaos. Focus on Chaos, the Orks are nothing but pests
>mfw Vulkan faces the Beast himself who is basically the Avatar of the Ork race, more a Warp being than a being of flesh and blood. Vulkan tells the Beast that he and his race are not the real threat. That they are a distraction that will allow the real threat to surge forth

Orks BTFO for all time. NPC race for life.

I am dying here!
>>
If I just want more bodies to hold objectives, is adding a Guard Platoon a bad approach? Will they just die as a waste of points or can they hold objectives if they have cover?
>>
>>48382468
Fuck me.

I want to like terminators, but GW apparently hates them.

Are there any way to make them semi-useable? Started Dark Angels because of the terminator heavy army, but their paint scheme doesn't match DA anyway.

Any chapter tactics that benefit terminators a lot?
>>
>>48382642
Guard Platoon should be 40-50 bodies so you can DROWN the enemy in lasgun shots.

First Rank Fire!, Second Rank Fire! gives you ONE HUNDRED shots if they're all in range.
>>
>>48382680
That's something to build up to. Right now, 30 is fine.

Don't orders only hit one squad at a time though?
>>
>>48382690
Combined Squads, anon.
>>
I want to start a fast army
How fast are Eldar Corsairs?
>>
>>48382690
*35 counting the command squad, 45 counting the Tempestus
>>
>>48380520
this is bait
either you made this shit up to rile up the obsessive tau haters here
or you are retarded for accepting
>>
>>48382680
Do this, and get the power that makes shots against a target Rending

Laugh as your 50 guardsmen in Rapid Fire range kills a Riptide or Dreadknight with 150 rending shots.
>>
>>48382695
Extremely fast. They can JSJJ, so even more mobile than normal jet packs, and their whole army can have jet packs and bikes if you want to.
>>
>>48382694
I'm new to Guard and not seeing these in the 7E Codex. Where should I be looking?
>>
>>48382655
Play Grey Knights, I guess. Even then, you pretty much just take them as troops for access to Interceptor Squads and Dreadknights.

But if you want to play with them, you can do that, and then the other things kind of act as a distraction and people become unconcerned with your terminators until they walk up and smash someone's face in very hard.
>>
>>48382730
Nvm, found it
>>
>>48382730
>7E Codex
I thought we were still in 6th
>>
>>48382762
Whichever the current one is, I guess.
>>
>>48382709
I watched an IG player who loves to fill the board put two of those down once.

I was laughing so hard as the Tau player grumbled about it being bullshit.

The IG player just wanted to see what happens with 300 rending shots in one turn.
>>
File: cataphractii.jpg (27KB, 250x345px) Image search: [Google]
cataphractii.jpg
27KB, 250x345px
>>48382655
I love the concept of terminators and have many and always regret using them. Inevitably you'll just have that time you roll five saves with five ones.

The only thing I can think of for terminators is the librarius psyker discipline with that rerollin saves power. Or maybe iron hands tactics for extra saves.
>>
>>48380832
based on /tg/ alone, tau haters seem more prevailent and shitty then actual first-hand tau shittiness. 4/5 times tau posts will either be lists or obvious new players looking for advice. Also it seems like a lot of falseflag trollposts happen, but I cant prove that.
>>
>>48382811
No, I believe you anon, especially since /pol/ has been leaking into every board with their falseflag bullshit.
>>
>>48382822
The '/pol/ falseflag' attacks are themselves falseflags designed to make pol seem like falseflagging fucks
>>
File: The real threat.jpg (123KB, 614x476px) Image search: [Google]
The real threat.jpg
123KB, 614x476px
>>48382571
GW loves Chaos...wait. They love daemons more than Chaos Space Marines(almost made a mistake here) than Orks. News at 11:00 followed by the report on if the local marine players' chapter masters are pimp enough. And what is that horrible abomination?
>>
File: tumblr_nq0gkhaoyx1svol0jo1_1280.png (183KB, 700x541px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_nq0gkhaoyx1svol0jo1_1280.png
183KB, 700x541px
>>48382843
My waifu.
>>
File: Scudamorehelmet.jpg (134KB, 321x411px) Image search: [Google]
Scudamorehelmet.jpg
134KB, 321x411px
>>48382878
My apologizes. That jaw line freaks me out.
>>
Since we're on IG.are there any other regimental special rules besides Krieg and Elysian?
>>
File: TombaPrincepNegre.jpg (355KB, 1500x936px) Image search: [Google]
TombaPrincepNegre.jpg
355KB, 1500x936px
>>48382906
Other regiments besides Cadians exist? What black magic is this?
>>
>>48382843

Those decoys were asking for it.
>>
>>48382811

I've seen half a dozen "I didn't believe /tg/ but I played a Taufag today and man was I retarded for not believing you guys" type posts in the past 2 months. So "based on /tg/" those would also count as evidence even if they could very well be bait.
>>
>>48382811
>what is TDIF
>what is problemastartes.jpg
>what is "riptides are actually underpowered these days"
>what is Taufags getting pissy and sperging at others or accusing people of being marinefags

Are you new or something? These aren't even old phenomenon. They are all newer than 60 multi meltas and church base.
>>
>>48382811

Haters being more prevalent than the hated is irrelevant. Just because lots of people hate niggers doesn't mean niggers aren't niggers.

Are non-Taufags and Tau haters shitty? Sure, but that's completely irrelevant to Taufaggotry.
>>
>>48382934
Fuck yeah in my day we had the Penal Legion. Prison riot on the front lines. Also Cadians are just the smurphs of the guard for me. Way more bad ass but still boring, especially to paint.
>>
>>48382998
>riptides are actually underpowered these days
Literally no one ever says this.

People say they aren't as godly anymore, and that is at least half true. Marines don't give a shit about Riptides, and can easily remove a full Riptide Wing in a turn or two at most.
>>
>>48382998
>accusing people of being marinefags
You do realize most factions hate your privileged guts? Right?

Literally ecery non-Marine player hates the 4 marine players we have, because they are all ultra-WAAC faggots, fielding overpowered shit and spamming grav, while complaining about every little thing other armies have, that they don't.

Shit, read this thread. We have faggos saying that it is okay for Marines to stack FnP, but not Orks. Because "That is their free chapter tactics! It would be pointless otherwise!"

You marine faggots are crying little pussies.
>>
>>48382571
Ghazzy, the greatest living ork, can get shit on by a nameless space marine Chapter Master
>>
File: just stab the ork lol.jpg (75KB, 520x272px) Image search: [Google]
just stab the ork lol.jpg
75KB, 520x272px
>>48379043
>>48379145
Whoever created that image is a xenolover of the highest order, every true imperial citizen knows that these "orks" (or a pervasive fairy tale as our planetary governor likes to call them) are supposedly only 2 foot high pudgy things you can bowl over if you so please.
>>
>>48377958
No Perils for Pelvic Sorcery
>>
>>48383204
>your privileged guts

Thanks for proving my point. They just randomly call everyone a marinefag, out of the blue. It's literally their reflexive response. Then later you find out the posters range from DE to Orks to CSM players.
>>
Come on /tg/, name your dumb list ideas

I need some inspiration for a side project to work on.
>>
>>48383204
Hey retard, what makes you think everyone is automatically a marine player for hating an obvious faggot. Oh, let me guess you're a Taufag. That explains it. You know literally everyone in the game hates your guts, even OP marine players? How does it feel?

And if you don't play Tau, now you know how fucking stupid you are for assuming everyone plays marines when you have literally zero evidence or even a hint that they do. If I tell you to stop accusing people of being niggers that doesn't make me black you dipshit.
>>
>>48382906
Are there any armored regiment special rules? I want more orders and detachment benefits if I like tanks.
>>
>>48383335
Blob guard, a Squad for every Flavor of Baddie.
Call it Campbell Soup. Paint them as such
>>
>>48383169
>admits Riptides aren't as good as they used to be despite the fact that they are still OP as fuck for their points cost
>Tau players still spam Riptidewing

Thanks for showing how full of shit you are.
>>
>>48382018

>All units in every game require opponents' approval. That's how gaming works.

No it isn't. If you're opponent is disregarding the clearly stated rules that FW models are legal he's being a shitheel. Games work by rules. You can make shit up if you want as long as you agree, but you're playing a different game.
>>
>>48383332
I don't play Tau, shitface. Read the fucking post.

I don't blame Tau for doing it, either, because Marines clearly have a stronger codex these days, and with the amount of whining marines do, it is no wonder that they start complaining as well.

I play Guard, and losing entire 5+ armoured units to Grav, a gun supposedly meant to kill heavy armour, is fucking absurd. And you will still complaing about Riptides despite this. It is truly amazing how retarded Marine players can be.
>>
>>48383341
>Oh, let me guess you're a Taufag. That explains it.
>someone calls them out on being faggots
>instantly assumes it is a Tau player
Classic Marinefaggots.

How is the delusion treating ya?
>>
>>48383341
>complains about people calling marine players faggots
Oh gee, I wonder how anyone could think it might be a Marine player.

Don't be so delusional. No one needs to defend the most asslicked faction in the game, and the players are making a brilliant job of attaching a strong stigma to it.

Marinefaggots are just as bad as Tau faggots.
>>
>>48383335
Hammer Brethren.
CAD of maximized dual wielded thunderhammers in a black templars list.
>>
>>48381925
Even the Beast series shits in Works in the end.

>Orkucks
>not always prepping the Chaos bull to fuck the Imperium
>>
>>48382998

>what is problemastartes.jpg

You actually get upset over this and call others sperg?
>>
>>48376114
I played my tau (for the second time) against space wolves; and by turn 3 everything vulnerable to s5 shots was goneā€¦ but then his armor 12 dreadnoughts and flyers took him to turn 7 and damn near won him the gameā€¦it was a large blast
>>
>>48383439
Oh god.

I have found my true calling.
>>
>>48383335
10 weirdboyz in a battlewagon like a retarded Seer Council
>>
>>48383335
As many BS 4 russ's as I can field, including grizmond, the psychic power that gives rending some blob to do it, those little mini chimera chassis that are actually bombs (can they be dropped on people?)

I dunno just brain storming
>>
>>48383344
the only one I've found are in imperial armor volume one second edition. Kind of underwhelming.
>>
>>48383505
So Unbound.
>>
>>48383539
>Orks
>Army structure

honestly unbound should be the default mode for Orks
>>
>>48383355
>>I'm going to say "No it isn't" to something that is blindingly obvious, demonstrable truth. I'm going to argue that the sky isn't blue. I'm going to argue that shit doesn't smell bad. I am a worthless subhuman abomination who needs to have his brains splattered on the curb with steel-toed-boots. I'm going to stop shitposting now because my mommy says it's time for bed.

Good riddance, shitposter! Meanwhile in the real world, here's how gaming works: Two people agree to play a game. If one person isn't having fun, that person has the right to leave. That's how gaming works. JUST FUCKING ADMIT IT, YOU WORTHLESS AUTISTIC SCUMSUCKING PIECE OF SHIT. IF NOBODY WANTS TO PLAY WITH YOU THEN YOU DON'T HAVE A FUCKING GAME. THAT'S HOW THE REAL WORLD WORKS. FUCKING ADMIT IT ALREADY

ALL GAMES REQUIRE CONSENT BETWEEN ALL PARTICIPANTS. THERE ARE NO LAWS SAYING YOU MUST PLAY A GAME THAT YOU DON'T WANT TO PLAY. THIS IS REALITY. IF YOU CONTRADICT THIS FACT THEN YOU ARE DELUSIONAL.
>>
>>48383557
So no obsec either.

Well there's a nerf even GW didn't think off.
>>
>>48383557
honestly "unbound" should be renamed to WAAAGH.
>>
>>48383473
It is ironic.

I play Tau, Farsight Enclaves. To not be dumb, i use dual burst cannons on my 2 mandatory troop units of 5 crisis suits. I generally run light on AP2, but I also generally lose, since I am the only one not running a full WAAC tournament appropriate list.

Then comes in a new player. Claims he wants to fight a Tau player. As the other two already had games, he played against me.

And I stomped his shit in so hard, it wasn't even funny. As he figured out the hard way, having a single deathstar against someone throwing a fuckton of shots at you is a bad idea. Even S5 causes a lot of wounds, and since he had a 3+ invul, you can't stop his saves anyway.

He complained the rest of the evening about me cheating/tailoring. Too bad that I have used this army since the new update hit with 0 changes, so a ton of people could tell him that I hadn't changed anything.

They also laughed a lot about him losing, since I am easily the worst player in the store.
>>
>>48383581
Obsec grots were the best thing Orks had going for them, too.
>>
>>48383558
Hands down the funniest rage ever. You sound exactly like that guy that throws everything to the floor because he was losing while screaming "I DIDN'T WANT TO PLAY ANYWAY"
>>
Xeno horde smashup, Orks vs nids, massed Boys v Gaunts, Nobs v. Warriors, ect.

Who wins?
>>
>>48383558
I was about to say that I agree with you, but holy shit anon, did you forget to take your medication or something?
>>
>>48383581
Id take unlimited heavy support and hqs over obsec anyday

the ork slots are fucked anyway, HS has like double the units of every other one
>>
>>48383610
Mek guns are better I'd say.
>>
>>48383629
So you think Orks would do better in a killpoint game than an objective game?
>>
>>48383609
Cool story, anon. Which faction was your opponent playing in this game that allegedly occurred?
>>
>>48383634
Well its not like orks have speed or staying power, so their objective game is ass anyway

Maybe just have an option where the ork player can forgo objectives all together and just score killpoints regardless of mission
>>
>>48383616

In fluff or in game?

In fluff, neither. The Eldar and Imperium cripple both fleets and fix Kryptman's unholy fuck up. Although I believe that until that point, the 'nids were winning.

In game, probably 'nids if both hordes have support.
>>
>>48383649
Shit, forgot to add that. It was a Space Wolf with a thunderwolf deathstar. Near identical to another player in the group, except this guy put everything kn the deathstar, while the regular guy has a lot more threats that I can't seem to deal with before his deathstar tears me a new asshole.
>>
>>48383659
Generally bashups between thematic equivalents.
>>
>>48383558

>Being such an autistic retard you couldn't comprehend a simple point

The post even states the two people need to agree on what they're playing, you're just too much of a fuckwit to not shitpost before reading a full sentence. Point was that denying FW's legality is houseruling and playing a different game. Read niglet.
>>
is there a collection of old white dwarf pdfs?

I'm looking for some of the stuff from last year
>>
>>48379583
That one of them "Google Search Engine painted this shit" pictures? Neat, if achieved naturally. Dumb if shopped by inferior humans.
>>
>>48383652
I'd say their speed/staying power per point outstrips their ability to deal with enemy quality oer point.
>>
>>48383686

In the OP there is a collection of WDs.
>>
>>48383701
how does one convert new numbers into these numbers?
>>
>>48383686
Based yaceek has uploaded many optimized collections to KAT.cr
just search White Dwarf.
>>
File: 9q73.jpg (19KB, 297x200px) Image search: [Google]
9q73.jpg
19KB, 297x200px
>>48382934
Do you even Best Planet?
>>
>>48378874
I use 4 squads of 20 boys and they survive to turn 4 or 5 usually. Not that it matters as I loose anyway.
>>
File: ShockedOrk.jpg (25KB, 216x282px) Image search: [Google]
ShockedOrk.jpg
25KB, 216x282px
>Black Legion and Crimson Slaighter supplements are in .epub
>>
>>48383701
The op doesn't have any of the more recent white dwarfs

>>48383724
kat.cr is currently down, at least for me, it's loading too slow

does yaceek have WD 80 from august 2015?
>>
>>48383746
the torrents I have found, have no seeders

If any of you have August 8th, 2015 WD80 could you post it in the thread?
>>
>>48383681
Then you should have said that in the first place instead of saying "no it isn't" like a whiny little mealy-mouthed fucktard. If you're going to argue a single point, don't contradict other points.
So are you arguing that you don't have to follow the tournament organizer's rules when you play in a tournament? Because guess what, you won't last long in the tournament with that attitude. Otherwise I'll graciously accept my "No sir, I'm sorry, you were right. I should not have contradicted you, sir." Why, thank you very much Anon. Goodbye.

Just a word to the rest of you now that the 14 year old autistic crybaby shitposter is gone: GW's rules say it's perfectly legal to use an unbound army of wraithknights. But if you bring an unbound army of wraithknights to my group, we will refuse to play you. That's just the way the ball bounces. Sorry, faggots. GW's official rules are not the law of the land, I'm afraid.
>>
>>48383746
>>48383756
Kat does indeed appear to be down, so here is a hash code for a torrent with WD80 in it.
I'm currently seeding, humble though my seedspeed may be.

45BB4B55607390A2AF76CF9AB03E0BF03D1061D5
>>
>>48383758
you sound like a self entitled prick that tries to ring lead his group and smells like week old BO, but i agree with you
>>
>>48383783
alright, thanks, currently 0 of 0 connected peers though
>>
File: 1448349866623.jpg (162KB, 557x800px) Image search: [Google]
1448349866623.jpg
162KB, 557x800px
>>48383783
>>48383801

DOWNLOADING FROM ONE PEER
YOU ARE A GOD SIR
>>
>>48381531
oi, this warms my green heart. Truly hope you find good company to play with and enjoy your orks in the way you want, regardless of shitty GW.
>>
File: Armorchess.jpg (43KB, 620x448px) Image search: [Google]
Armorchess.jpg
43KB, 620x448px
>>48378039
Sure, but that's a houserule. That's literally what houserules are. That said, GW don't look kindly on GW stores that do things like that. FLGS can do what they like.

>>48378072
It's not a proxy if it's a model that is that, even if it's 3rd party. Using Victoria Lamb's IG isn't proxying either. They are the same thing as what they represent. FW is GW, so it's not even 3rd party.

>>48378225
>I'm just telling you that some GW stores will ban FW.
And we're just telling you that GW will fire managers for that.

>>48378263
>Games require an agreement between two players.
Yeah. And if you won't play without your weird no Forgeworld houserule, that's your prerogative. The point is that you're the one making the weird houserule.
>>48378532
>So do regular GW minis, if that's how the other player wants to be.
Exactly. Citadel Minis and Forgeworld Minis are the same. People can get weirdly butthurt about them, but they're pieces designed for playing that game. That's like pretending that pic related isn't chess peices, they're proxies for chess peices.
>>
>>48383820
Look at that, you are already at 3%, you silly canuck.
>>
>>48382571
>>48382878
Name of artist?
>>
>>48383758
>unbound wraithknight
>similar to forgeworld
I don't know if you realize this, but forgeworld barely has anything that is more powerful than anything in the regular GW codex, and what they have is all superheavies.

And banning superheavies is an idea I can get behind - banning FW in general, however, is pretty stupid, and shows a high level of ignorance.
>>
>>48382878
What is this?
>>
>>48382443
>>48382434
That's a fucking trash rule, as if SM don't have enough easy win options
>>
File: Sai.png (198KB, 525x761px) Image search: [Google]
Sai.png
198KB, 525x761px
>>48383891
>>48383859
http://americanninjax.tumblr.com/
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (91KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
91KB, 1280x720px
>>48382906
Best regiment coming through!

+20 points per unit, gain Move Through Cover and reroll 1 to hit, but cannot take Carapace Armor.
Fill them with plasma (which is fluffy) and/or make big units. Abuse Cover.
>>
File: guevesa.png (237KB, 566x800px) Image search: [Google]
guevesa.png
237KB, 566x800px
>>48383953
No, this is the best regiment.
>>
>>48383903
>http://americanninjax.tumblr.com/
thanks anon :D
>>
File: 1tGq7B5.jpg (118KB, 465x696px) Image search: [Google]
1tGq7B5.jpg
118KB, 465x696px
>>48383976
>>
>>48383976
I really wish they would give us a options back, including a Gue'la army, that makes them desperate allies with AoI, but battle brothers with Tau.

How much should pulse rifles cost though?
>>
>>48384103
Two fiddy
>>
>>48383609
I remember now that my opponent's wolf-star disembarked from the flyer; and then failed a 3 inch chargeā€¦ the next shooting phase was HEINOUS.
>>
>>48379616
All of them. Each cross is another GW fuckup.

>>48380252
Look, until the next FAQ comes out, it's our turn to be salty.

>>48380352
Not far back, but we're surprised there was any room behind us.

>>48380401
I get a giggle out of the idea that orks aren't fired up in subsequent rounds of combat. They're just lazily phoning it in. They aren't fleeing, they are just bored and going home. "Zog this, I'm out."

>>48380598
GW is just really fired up about orks!

>>48380778
GW gave dreads +2A just coz.

>>48381006
Do you remember Kult ov Speed when it was released in 3e? Nob Bikermob wasn't bad in early 5th either. Not as strong as people thought, but not bad.

>>48382018
>You play in a tournament, you follow the tournament's rules. Not GW's.
And if they're not GW"s rules, then they're the rules dictated by the house. Some sort of. . . houserule.
>>
>>48384103
Honestly?

Considering everything, they should:
-be forced to take carapace armour
-have the option to purchase pulse rifles and defensive grenades that puts them at tye same cost as a fire warrior.

More or less the same stats all around, and the same gear. One has access to markerlights, one has access to orders.

And honestly, FRFSRF is pretty bullshit on pulse rifles. I mean, 10 guys getting +1 shot at half range is pretty tame conpared to double the shots from a 50 man unit - 150 S5 AP5 shots is bonkers. That will delete any regular unit you shoot at.
>>
who do you guys watch for good painting
>>
>>48383758

The point didn't change. You just can't read fuckwheel. A game is literally defined by its rules. You can fuck off and play a different game with different rules, in fact that's encouraged, but that doesn't change the fact the game has official rules that define it and you have zero say in whether FW is legal or not by those rules. You are free to throw a tantrum and run out the shop, because you're not legally bound to play the fucking game.
>>
>>48383746
>>48383783
It's down because the feds got to the creator and arrested him
It's not going to come back
>>
>>48384307
A mirror. You ever see American Psycho? It's like that.
>>
>>48384424
Dude, just ignore the anti-Forgeworld spergs. They will bitch and moan like spoiled children until people leave or agree with them.

You literally can't win this one.
>>
>>48384502
>Dude, just ignore the pro-Forgeworld spergs. They will bitch and moan like spoiled children until people leave or agree with them.
Constructive post m8.
>>
>>48384547
>pro-Forgeworld
That doesn't exist.

There are people who play with all GW released rules and material, and anti-forgeworld people, who will never play against Forgeworld, no matter what it is.

The Anti-forgeworld group is similar to people like anti-Eldar, who refuses to play Eldar. You are free to do so, but you are still houseruling out an integral part of the game.

It is not that hard to accept. We house rule a ton of shit, why are you acting like it is embarassing that you do?
Thread posts: 404
Thread images: 45

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.