[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Players that hate RP

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 7

File: IMG_20160708_101428332_HDR.jpg (3MB, 2432x4320px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160708_101428332_HDR.jpg
3MB, 2432x4320px
>Have player who hates RP when it's not related to main story/quest
>Have a part where group eats, drinks, and interacts with NPCs for 30-45 minutes

>Later
"So you guys have fun?"
>THAT player: "Yeah but I hope we don't sit around rolling to get drunk anymore, I'd rather do my taxes"

Yeesh, is it really that dull for some people to RP mostly inconsequential things?
>>
Classic situation.

What this player wants, and what the rest of the group (and you) want are two different things. Imagine if you had written it from his perspective:

>be me
>really love dungeon exploration, killing dangerous monsters, generally being heroic, etc.
>rest of group just wants to sit around roleplaying how drunk they get at the tavern in the starting village for 45 minutes at a time

>later, GM asks us if we're having fun
>THOSE players: "Yeah, but can we stop focusing so much on combat and do more slice-of-life stuff?"

Everyone would tell the player to just leave the group because they're obviously not a good fit for him.
>>
>>48376927

This.

I've had this happen to myself before. Its an awful thing to feel that you're the odd one out, but most of the time its better to quit than try to hope for the best.
>>
>>48375620
>rolling to see if we get drunk

Yeah, 45 minutes of that is a bit excessive.
>>
>>48375620
He could've gone outside. Or is this one of those brutal campaigns where grues attack the moment you split the party?
>>
File: Bait_SW.jpg (38KB, 250x250px) Image search: [Google]
Bait_SW.jpg
38KB, 250x250px
>>48375620
>45min exposition
>y u no liek
>lol that guy amirite

Protip: You're not as funny as you think you are, OP.
>>
I feel the need to point out the distinction here between roleplaying and acting. When the characters are sitting around, getting drunk, or doing whatever else that's acting in-character but that's not quite the same as roleplaying. Roleplaying requires you to make decisions as your character would make them, of course in order for this to have meaning the choices need to have consequences. So roleplaying is less about how long a group spends sitting around narrating what their character does in their downtime and more about how they respond when the GM offers them a tough choice about how to proceed.
>>
File: death of games.jpg (451KB, 4040x626px) Image search: [Google]
death of games.jpg
451KB, 4040x626px
>>48375620
>>Have a part where group eats, drinks, and interacts with NPCs for 30-45 minutes
>The game has become an excuse, largely, for people to hang out and flirt and smoke/drink or whatever the fuck

You're in the wrong here OP. You've got a player who wants to play, and a group that wants to sit around and shoot the shit behind a system of masks and fantasy.
>>
>>48384083
>badwrongfun.jpg
>>
File: fun.png (407KB, 578x714px) Image search: [Google]
fun.png
407KB, 578x714px
>>48384110
>>
>>48375620
When did Woolie become homeless?
>>
File: top.jpg (251KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
top.jpg
251KB, 1920x1080px
>>48384083
>>
>>48375620
>roll to get drunk
Why
>>
>>48384083
What a load of utter crock. This image is nothing but a very overelaborate way of saying "NORMIES GET OUT REEEEEEEE".
>>
File: He's_right_you_know.jpg (52KB, 640x478px) Image search: [Google]
He's_right_you_know.jpg
52KB, 640x478px
>>48385015
>>
File: 1346656809608.jpg (327KB, 882x1247px) Image search: [Google]
1346656809608.jpg
327KB, 882x1247px
>>48375620
>Yeesh, is it really that dull for some people to RP mostly inconsequential things?
Yes OP, it really is.

Here's the thing about eating, drinking, and talking to people: you can do it in real life with real people and real food. It is a stupid waste of time to "roleplay" something when you could do the exact same thing in person.
>>
You really are a hopeless faggot, OP.
>>
>>48383987
These are definitions you have made up yourself. Go away.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoin at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Posts and uploaded images are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that website. If you need information about a Poster - contact 4chan. This project is not affiliated in any way with 4chan.