[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

AdMech Tech, General Tech & Tech-Heresy

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 4

I remember having a graph that outlined what was considered "general" technology, technology exclusively controlled by the admech and what was considered xenotech or tech-heresy.

So what technology is reserved for the AdMech and what's considered tech-heresy? I know it varies but I mean the general standard, Is it just no AI?
>>
>>48373874
From my understanding of it, Tech-Heresy is can mean several things. In the context of something like the Tau or Eldar, its that their technology is soulless and therefore a lifeless offence to the Omnissiah.

In the case of Chaos however, the breach is far more grave as, rather than removing their organic parts and replacing them with mechanical equivalents, they instead seek to fuse the two together, which goes against the whole "The Flesh Is Weak" thing they have going. Also the various traitor splinters of AdMech tend to work with Deamons a lot, which, not only is regular Heresy, but also Tech-Heresy as Deamons don't follow any logic, which despite the memes, is one of the core principles of the Cult Mechanicus.
>>
>>48374389
>>48373874

I thought that tech-heresy was more in line with trying to modify or develop new technologies without the approval of the AdMech, which is why they've used the same designs for thousands of years.

Or something along the lines of discovering archeotech and not immediately turning it over to the AdMech, or using Xenotech
>>
>>48374523
Honestly, Tech-Heresy is as nebulous a term as Heresy is in 40k, they are a lot of grey areas. You're definitely right about the Archeotech and Xeno-tech though.
>>
>>48373874
Tech-heresy is all tech that's not of the machine god. What tech is of the machine god? Consult your local techpriest.
>>
Whats considered to be technology Imperial citizens/private companies can make?

I'm sure control over a lot of tech varies, but I don't think only Forgeworlds or AdMech manufactorums produce stubbers, auto weapons or something like the M36 Lasgun.
>>
>>48374705
>Whats considered to be technology Imperial citizens/private companies can make?

Anything derived from STC patterns or otherwise approved by the Mechanicus.

There are a bunch of "non-standard" models of things like tanks, vehicles, even flyers that get made on many planets, and the Mechanicus doesn't care because, while it's inferior to the gloriously pure STC designs, there isn't anything actually "wrong," with them like some tech has.

We only see a small part of the Imperium, because if it's not relevant to the tabletop, it's really not discussed. For as much flak as it strangely gets, Fantasy Flight Games actually does a pretty solid job at expanding on the parts of the 40K universe that aren't directly related to warfare, like governmental systems, infrastructure, merchant shipping, and exploration.

The reason the Leman Russ is the main battle tank of the Imperium, for instance, isn't because it's necessarily "the best" at every possible thing. The reason it's used is because of its insane reliability and durability as a combat frame, and the fact that it's a direct STC design with minimal modifications (save those that have been recently approved by the Mechanicus). There are other tanks that may be better at specific things, but they aren't the equal (in the Imperiums eyes at least) of the glorious Russ as a sum of their parts.
>>
File: 1467570348762.gif (2MB, 1722x1720px) Image search: [Google]
1467570348762.gif
2MB, 1722x1720px
This guy right here is the very definition of tech heresy.
>>
>>48378848
what's his list of crimes?
>>
File: technology_of_the_imperium.png (210KB, 1884x1425px) Image search: [Google]
technology_of_the_imperium.png
210KB, 1884x1425px
Here. This was the graph you were looking for.
>>
>>48379213

Being a founding member of the dark mechanicum for starters.
>>
>>48373874
Imagine if there were like dark age protectorates or mini states that constantly allied or fought with Imperium's humanity all the time instead.

Although I guess the Knight Worlds count, but maybe other kind of advanced planets could exist too?

But lets face it, if they didn't make the mechanicus religious and backwards, they would basically take over the universe and all dimensions with crazy OP hybrid or Golden Age tech on steroids which would kill a lot of the grim dark.
>>
>>48379397
>grey areas where forbidden lore has become sanctioned
>Grox

I feel like something happened in the past that I am unaware about.
>>
>>48379213
Let's just say his rap sheet rivals the size of the printed copy of the Affordable Care Act.
>>
>>48379397
Source? Thanks.This is exactly what I was looking for.
>>
>>48379213
One time he ate a whole titan
>>
>>48378848
He looks like a swell guy.
>>
File: Machine_Cult.jpg (158KB, 1024x745px) Image search: [Google]
Machine_Cult.jpg
158KB, 1024x745px
Tech-heresy is in the eye of the beholder
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.