[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Jumpchain CYOA Thread #965: What is a Man? Edition

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 622
Thread images: 54

File: 1466961775685.pdf (1B, 486x500px)
1466961775685.pdf
1B, 486x500px
>Google Drive
https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0B20r6rsFLOg_Zk5RdVdya3hJNnc&usp=sharing

>Jumpchain IRC Chat
http://client00.chat.mibbit.com/?server=rizon.mibbit.org&channel=%23JumpchainCYOA
https://kiwiirc.com/client/irc.rizon.net/?#JumpchainCYOA

>Rules
http://pastebin.com/Gqj3iKyn

>How to Jumpchain
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B1qb0_OLhDrDNjZmRG02SDFaRVk/view

>Last Thread
>>48359637
>>
>>48367504
There was a doggy hell in that movie too. Complete with a dog succubus/Lucifer.
>>
>>48367502
Not him but putting it another way its like if you went to halo and got forerunner tech and suddenly this one guy has enough power alone to completely fuck over the forerunners all by himself. That is chainbreaking, if you don't think it is then you need to explain how it is not. Seriously at this point your entire argument is "Nuhuh because I say so!!!" And whining.
>>
Hey Strike. Does the drawback cap in Girls Und Panzer include the cp you get from Scenarios and Paradigm shifts or are they treated as drawbacks for that purpose?
>>
File: elric.jpg (15KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
elric.jpg
15KB, 480x360px
>>48367515
Water: 35 Liters, Carbon: 20 kilograms, Ammonia: 4 Liters, Lime: 1.5 kilograms, Phosphorus: 800 grams, Salt: 250 grams, Saltpeter: 100 grams, and various other trace elements.
>>
Stupid question but the discussion yesterday about noble phantasms made me wonder, what would happen if a person pulled out a noble phantasm that was a weapon and you used minecraft cheatmode on it?

Could you copy it for yourself?

What if you shoved it through the 8 trigrams cauldron from journey to the west? Would it break it down so you could make your own?
>>
>>48367567
SJ-Chan =/= Strike Chan.
>>
File: Dracula.jpg (71KB, 432x288px) Image search: [Google]
Dracula.jpg
71KB, 432x288px
>>48367515
A miserable little pile of secrets.
>>
>>48367616
Huh. My mistake then. Well, if SJ-chan is around then?
>>
>>48367541
Because 'chainbreaking' doesn't mean 'strong relative to this arbitrary scale' like you think it does.

We don't measure being able to shit on one setting or another as 'chainbreaking'. Is anything in Negima 'chainbreaking' just because it can wreck low powered settings? Being able to fuck over the Forerunners because you're stronger relatively speaking isn't 'chainbreaking'.

Chainbreaking is literally being powerful enough to continue jumping even without a benefactor. It means being able to travel from universe to universe, setting to setting, timeline to timeline, freely, as if you had a planeswalker spark.
>>
>>48367541
Don't bring old arguments with you into a new thread.
>>
>>48367568
This is actually incorrect.
>>
>>48367624
In your opinion.

Which has no basis in fact.
>>
>>48367624
No that is called sparking.
>>
>>48367615
It's bound to your vision of reality. It's not technically an item but an expression of your soul.
>>
>>48367624
I think he's confusing intrajump balance (which may or may not be a valid argument, I honestly don't know enough about Warframe to argue either way other than suggesting my Stinglike compromise) with chainbreaking.

>>48367620
Took you long enough, old man.
>>
>>48367624
Complete immunity to everything ever is chainbreaking. It removes any and all risk from any setting ever.
>>
>>48367653
This.

Some NPs don't even have something you can hold; they can be properties of your body like Herakles' God Hand or abstract concepts like "the ability to shove the Earth in your vagina".
>>
>>48367615
You could copy it but it'd be exactly the same. Meaning it disappears with them and they can just de-materialise it if they want. In effect all you'd do is given them an extra copy for themselves.

As for the 8 Trigrams thing...I'd say that it wouldn't, not unless you found a way to make it real and physical, rather then just an extension of a summoned Heroic Spirit. Otherwise it'd just fade away and eventually regenerate back with the HS who owned it. Course, if you do find a way to make it real then yeah, it'd work like any other supernatural item. 8 trigrams is probably one of the better ways to go about it too, given how a lot of NPs just have supernatural effects to them rather then magical (Most NPs can do what they do because of the legend associated with them or generally being made in a specific way, rather then having a specific enchantment spell being cast on them).
>>
>>48367658
Guys...can we talk about my proposal for it to have a caveat like Worm's

>As a special concern for Jumpers, note that magical, conceptual, and other supernatural effects work just fine when it comes to defending against this power, they don’t automatically lolnope it, but unlike everything else they have a chance.

softcap clause? Please?

I mean, from what I understand Warframe is just clarktech giant robutts not magic or conceptual stuff so I think it might be a valid compromise?
>>
>>48367675
Apparently Warframes can punch souls out of peoples bodies.
>>
>>48367624
Explain how complete invulnerability, hivemind, ftl travel that is near instantaneous, self resurrection, ability to control machines at will, and the ability to hack into other peoples minds from lightyears away is not chainbreaking?
>>
>>48367634
Fuck off with this shit, you do this every thread, and I'm sick to death of your shitposting.

>>48367624
Shut the fuck up, powerwanker.

>>48367640
You don't actually counter the argument, you just dismiss it outright because you don't agree with it. It's disrespectful and harmful to other people on your side of the argument.
>>
>>48367658
Is it actual complete immunity? One of the anons in the last thread said 90%
>>
>>48367681
Okay, that's...a thing, I guess.

Now, in this setting are we certain souls are like, magic and shit, and not an oversimplification by a higher tier species for a gestalt of bioelectricity and physiological responses? That is to say-are we sure what the setting considers "souls" isn't a scientific phenomena? I mean, Worm too has certain effects that look like messing with souls from a distance.
>>
>>48367696
Dunno. All I've heard is that they can punch souls out of peoples bodies and eat souls to get stronger or something.
>>
>>48367675
Warframes can do some silly conceptual shit man, they are human sized clarktech puppets powerred by their settings version of the warp.
>>
>>48367691
In the game a sentient drone will occassionally show up. Normally my weapon does anywhere between 300 to 500 damage per hit to them, when the immunity kicks it in does 12 damage. Max.
>>
>>48367685
How about, because none of it is actually chainbreaking?

The impetus is on you to justify calling it chainbreaking, and not just strong relative to the setting, seeing as arguing over the standard for what is chainbreaking is just semantics, and I've set out my own standard for the term.

What, do you think being able to fight and army on your own is chainbreaking? Lifting more than 45 tons is chainbreaking? Surviving a nuke is chainbreaking?

What are your standards? Why should they matter more than the standards I've laid out?
>>
>>48367702
Warframes do not eat. Most dont even have mouths.
>>
>>48367687
Anyone trying to argue with him should read this post and realize this is a pointless conversation.
>>
>>48367727
Nice falseflag. Maybe we should take your advice and dismiss your side of the argument them.
>>
>>48367721
Giving all that at the same time in one package is, it is vastly more than survivong a nuke, it is literally something that if you get it no setting ever will ever be able to stop you unless it has an equal or greater bullshit tier. No jump to my knowledge has ever allowed you to buy something that completely trivializes not only the entire setting it is from but 90% of the other jumps all in one easy to steal package.
>>
>>48367721
Because your standard is idiotic, you think chainbreaking is giving you gull spark power when most other people have different meanings.

For instance from what I have seen chainbreaking is "something that trivializes the rest of jumpchain".
>>
>>48367737
>>48367747

If that was the case, than High-powered jumps wouldn't exist.
>>
>>48367721
Because ssentient tech is better than anything and everything else in setting including the orokin and they did bullshit like tossing the moon into a stable pocket universe.
>>
>>48367714
So it basically blocks all but about 2 percent at highest immunity. I suppose if you limit it more so it can only block a higher max percentage it could work
>>
I think the more important issue is that it's so much more powerful than everything else in Warblade that you'd have to price it at over 3000 CP.
>>
>>48367515

NEW JUMP! Totally awesome if I do say so myself.

Jumper? Where the hell did you go? You were here five minutes ago-

Oh dear.
>>
>>48367747 see >>48367757

Anything from a higher powered setting will tend to trivialize lower powered settings. If your argument comes down to 'but look at how strong it is compared to other places in jumpchain' then I've got to ask you how you can justify any setting more powerful than pokemon.

>>48367760
So? That isn't justification for inter-jump balancing, not when it's only on this level.
>>
>>48367788
Eh
>>
>>48367788
What even is this?
>>
>>48367815
What exactly do you mean by "Eh"?
>>
>>48367827
Meh
>>
>>48367788
>>48367826
It looks to be a shitpost CYOA made by another anti-Jumpchain buffoon like the God CYOA.
>>
>>48367826
>>48367831
>>48367832
It's my jump!

Click and drag my dear jumper.
>>
This is a new thread stop replying to the troll.
>>
>>48367835
Yeah, saw that. Kinda embarrassed just reading it. It's agonisingly chuuni.

Gotta agree, eh is a great reaction to this.
>>
>>48367835
I did. You're not funny, and this was done two years ago.
>>
>>48367737
>Giving all that at the same time in one package is, it is vastly more than survivong a nuke
You completely missed the point of that post.
Maybe try reading it again before responding?

>it is literally something that if you get it no setting ever will ever be able to stop you unless it has an equal or greater bullshit tier
What is everything from every setting at all for 500?
This is tautology. 'No one will be able to stop you unless they can' can as easily be applied to anything in Pokemon as it can be to Worm.

I'm not going to bother responding to the rest of this post.
>>
>>48367835
Your last use of that tripcode was to whine about scorpions getting nerfed in a 40k thread.
>>
>>48367847
Ok so I guess the joke fell flat.

Eh, it only took a couple hours to throw together anyways. I'll go ahead and mark it as a joke jump when I upload it.
>>
>>48367860
I'll give you points for effort at least.
>>
>>48367850
Why not make your own jump and take it to spacebattles? I'm sure they would love it.
>>
>>48367481
20 years of being aware but unable to act in a comatose body? Wouldn't that mean the "Add More filler" drawback is going to leave most jumpers (unless they have seriously stacked willpower or have some specific perks) insane and/or a mental vegetable?
>>
>>48367850
When has a jump every given you something that gives you literally everything you could possibly buy in a jumpall at once?
>>
>>48367860
The 'joke' that you hate jumpchain and are stereotyping everyone here as someone wishing to be omnipotent and all the other nonsense you put in your options?
>>
>>48367737
>Giving all that at the same time in one package
>>48367782
>I think the more important issue is that it's so much more powerful than everything else in Warblade that you'd have to price it at over 3000 CP.
>>48367881
>When has a jump every given you

By the way, notice how no one said anything about it being available for purchase. They're literally just arguing against the sentiment that it's 'chainbreaking', because it isn't, and should be soft-banned.
>>
>>48367788
Probably would have been funnier if this were an actual setting you were riffing on. As it is, it just comes off as a more long-winded God Jump.
>>
>>48367895
Stop biting the bait.
>>
>>48367892
Actually, I've been a part of Jumpchain for a while now. It's basically a generic Mary Sue jump, each of the locations are expies if other settings.
>>48367899
It has something ripped right out of Undertale in its design.
>>
>>48367895
That doesn't matter. If you can't be as strong or pwerful as the most powerful thing in setting then you are just going to die.
>>
>>48367906
>Actually, I've been a part of Jumpchain for a while now.
That doesn't contradict what I said. Our shitposter is here in this very thread whining about a jump to strike out at Red. He doesn't like jumpchain, yet he's been here for years.
>>
>>48367788
Gave me a few grins, not bad.
>>
Finished Overlord v1.1 update pdf here. Let's hear the complaints folks.
>>
>>48367913
I think you're confusing me with another anon, I like Jumpchain.

>>48367921
That's bad pun level! Yes! Minimal success!
>>
>>48367892
Why don't you read it again?
>>
File: 44144-Tg-Traditional-Games.gif (183KB, 480x270px) Image search: [Google]
44144-Tg-Traditional-Games.gif
183KB, 480x270px
>>48367913
I haven't insulted Red once. I haven't insulted, or even said anything even remotely negative about her jumps, even once in this entire argument.

Why are you calling me a shitposter?

Why are you dismissing everything I've said, on the basis that my criticism is towards Red, when I have done everything in my ability to keep the discussion civil?
>>
>>48367932
Then why did you try and insult the userbase with spiteful caricatures?
>>
>>48367929
Cool, changelog at the bottom. Time to read...
>>
>>48367945
Because you're a powerwanker, and you're shitposting about Red. It's obvious you're scativore. You do this every time you're called out on it, fuck off.
>>
>>48367788
That's actually a nice read. Thank you for this.

>>48367929
Fabulous. Many thanks!

To elaborate - Talismongers can make a talisman for any spell they know, correct?
>>
>>48367954
You mean the standard generic Mary Sue caricatures that exist in every fandom?

>>48367968
The trolls are really coming out in force right now.

>>48367945
Do try to ignore them, you shouldn't put much weight in the words of random strangers. Especially on this site.
>>
>>48367945
I'm calling this guy:
>>48367687
>>48367968

The shitposter. You can tell from how he keeps insulting people and telling them to fuck off, and using 'wank' terms.
>>
>>48367929

Oops, yes. I mean to put that in the post. There is a change log at the bottom of the new Overlord v1.1 pdf.
>>
>>48367976

Yeah. Costs time and resources to make talismans. Fanwank away on what that means for your jump, but presumably it takes more time and more resources for more powerful spells. No cheating exp costs either, you need to source those when you use the talismans unless you've got a method to avoid that sort of thing.
>>
>>48367929
Is it just me, or does this just look nicer that the previous version? Like, it feels cleaner for some reason than what I'm used to with jump documents.
>>
>>48367929
Looks great, don't see anything wrong with the update meself.

Separate question though. Can we use Local Hero or Custom NPC to companion an existing character? Or would it be possible to get a canon companion option if not?
>>
>>48367929
This is one of the worst Jumps from a balance standpoint that I've seen, and your changes don't really make it any better or worse for me. No real point in arguing about it, just wanted to get that out there. It's a fucking shame, too, because there's so many cool options, they're just all drowned out by the mandatory 600 CP purchase.
>>
>>48368002

It has a pretty map picture right there at the start. Also some peeps helped me out with the formatting and breaking up some of the walls of text, as well as high-lighting/underlining key text so that people that skim know where to stop and actually start reading again.
>>
>>48367515
The last light in the eternal grim dark
>>
>>48368009

You'll need to fanwank that. Realistically speaking we haven't seen anyone in canon outside of Nazarick that could actually hang at the lvl 100 tier, and there's no way you're convincing anyone from Nazarick to go with you unless you picked up '42nd Supreme Being'.
>>
>>48368015
I have a legitimate if weird question about unified focus; how would increases to my physical strength from increases in my magic power manifest, if my body is something completely different from humanoid, like a spaceship?
>>
>>48367929
>>48367957

Ok, read the log and checked the relevant changes, it all looks good. Other than, you know, setting my wallet on fire. With napalm. And explosives.
>>
>>48368035
I was more thinking of using Local Hero to pick up someone like Gazef or Clementine
>>
>>48367929
Location #3, Captial should be Capital?
>>
>>48368015
>>48368038
Also, if we take Unified Focus as a Mage with lv. 100, I assume that means we're like the drop in except better but without the speed?
>>
>>48368010
It would be cook if there was a +0CP Drawback that bars the Level 100 perk and got rid of any players other than maybe you but scaled everything down to "The Realm of Heroes" being the max power wise.
>>48367929
Actually, can that be a thing? It would make the jump far more survivable and give a lot of people an extra 600 points to spend.
>>
>>48367929
Oh god yes thank you
By the way when are you usually lurking here? I haven't seen you around since you posted the original version.
>>
>>48368074
That would be nice, actually. It's still an objectively wrong choice, given that Level 100 gives you so much more for 600 CP than everything else in the Jump combined, but it'd at least be an option for people who wanted to have fun wrong.
>>
>>48368010
You don't have to buy lvl 100 if you don't want it. Notes section specifically says you can eventually hit level 100 tier even if you don't start with it. It'll just take a long ass time cause you have to research everything and 'break new ground' yourself.

In canon it took Fluder something like 250 years to hit 6th tier spells, and he's still weaker than Narberal Gamma. And he's supposed to be an undisputed magical genius.

Of course with the correct perks I'm sure a jumper could dramatically lower how long it would take them to 'level up', but time and effort are the price one pays for not ponying up 600cp for that sweet sweet level 100 perk.

>>48368038
Fanwank. The intent is that it is based off your actual physical strength, not your thrust-to-weight ratio, but it's mostly up to you how that works exactly. Most jumpers don't exactly have exact strength values after all, especially if they've been to any shonen-style jump that offers charles-atlas style 'get stronger through training' abilities/perks.

>>48368055
Gazef and Clementine aren't really cool enough to be realm of heroes material. Though I guess if you really wanted to recruit them you could just fanwank and say that by jump end their 'totes RoH level.

>>48368070

No. Your physical strength will be pretty exceptional but the rest of your stats will still be garbage by comparison. You wouldn't be a skill-monkey either, so you wouldn't have the same versatility, by miles, as the drop-in either.
>>
>>48368090
Aren't they both explicitly in that level though?
>>
File: 1453522633442.jpg (90KB, 499x368px) Image search: [Google]
1453522633442.jpg
90KB, 499x368px
>>48368074
>It'd be cool if there was a free DRAWBACK that made the jump safer by removing most of the danger and changing the canon entirely.
>>
>>48368090
You don't have to buy it, but the Jump gives out immensely more shit if you do than any combination of 600 CP could buy you. Which is why I'm saying the balance is so wretched - 600 CP isn't 600 CP, it's somewhere in the neighborhood of thousands of you buy this one perk.
>>
>>48368090
What about the reverse, if you were a warrior who took Unified Focus? I assume you wouldn't know any spells at all.
>>
File: Unedgy Shadow.png (1MB, 1000x1500px) Image search: [Google]
Unedgy Shadow.png
1MB, 1000x1500px
>>48368110
Touche.
>>
>>48368074

The jump is plenty survivable even if you don't take realm or heroes or level one hundred, so long as you're not dumb about things. Friends with the devil only costs 100cp after all, and that basically gives you automatic good relations with Nazarick. And if you're buddy buddy with them then really you don't need much else.

>>48368086
Strictly speaking Level 100 is a perk booster and doesn't really do anything on its own. You need class skills in order for lvl 100 to actually do anything.

>>48368105

Nope. They're both around 30th lvl or so canonically, maybe 31st or 32nd for Clementine. If the Jumper takes RoH then the Jumper will be going in around level 60 or so, aka roughly comparable to Narbaral Gamma or the highest-end Black Scripture dudes. Clementine talked a big game but she was actually something of a scrub as far as the Black Scripture went.
>>
>>48368125
Huh.
>>
>>48367929
Would you consider making Level 100 discounted for Players? The player option still seems pretty underpowered considering that Locals have the chance to get two 200 cp talents for free as well as the 300 cp realm of heroes perk for free.
>>
File: image.jpg (106KB, 720x960px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
106KB, 720x960px
>>48367788
I know this is a joke jump. I was in IRC when this was announced. However, you should've waited until autosage.
>>
>>48368143
It was like 4AM when I finished it I would have been asleep by then,
>>
>>48368125
I'm going to come out and disagree with this >>48368139 sentiment, I actually feel like it's pretty balanced for players right now. Giving them level 600 discounted seems like it'd bias the jump in their favor.
>>
>>48368125
Given that you get free wizard and fighter shit even if you picked drop-in, that's just not true. But please also recognize that it's such a boost to power and versatility that it outclasses any other combination of 600 CP, or even 1600 CP, that you could choose.

Anyway, I'm not saying change it. It's been around for a while, and that'll just make people rage. But just recognize that you made a single "right answer" which is so much better than everything else there's no point in making any build that doesn't take it unless you're going for a gimmick, and do better next time.
>>
>>48367929
Just to be sure, are we allowed to wank what are racial levels are like if we're a level 100 heteromorph or do you only have the racial abilities described in the jump regardless of your level?
>>
>>48368122

Your magical strength would be incredible immense. If you've got the magic warrior class you'd be able to make pretty solid use of it, but yeah it would mostly be wasted on a warrior without some sort of magical skills. Nothing stopping you from picking up magic warrior or the spell casting classes from other origins though.

>>48368139

I considered discounting level 100 for players, but I felt like there would be an outcry of people screaming 'power grab' about it. I mean it makes sense that Players would be lvl 100, most were after all, but I didn't want to include that sort of thing unless there was a major consensus on it.

>>48368156

That was rather my thinking on the matter. It's difficult finding a good balance between the two. On the one hand it makes sense for Players to have easier access to the lvl 100 perk, but on the flip side I feel like if that happened then no one would pick Local.
>>
>>48368175
You're infuriatingly whiny and passive aggressive about your personal problem of not being able to not take that perk.
>>
>>48368182
And you're a whiny bitch who doesn't add anything to the conversation except his own shittiness, so piss off.
>>
>>48368178

If you want to fanwank and say you actually have racial levels then go ahead. So long as there is no functional difference in the power you get out of it you're free to say whatever you want on the matter.
>>
>>48368193
Shitposter found. Argument dismissed.
>>
>>48368175
What free fighter and wizard stuff? You mean the things described in the level 100 perk? That stuff is meant to describe what you get depending on your origin, that's why each origin has its own little paragraph.
>>
>>48367481
Hey Alaskan, are you adding any stuff from the books, or just the two movies?

Also, you should add conspiracy nut powers for Drop In. Full-on abductee or something.
>>
>>48368203
>why is he completely dismissive of my insults? Oh, I know, he's a shitposter!

>>48368214
Yeah, exactly. Even if you take nothing but Drop-In and Level 100 you get better things than any combination of magic and fighting perks can get you. Like you said, without it you'd be struggling for level 6s - with it and Drop-In you get level 9s.
>>
>>48368242

You mean the magics? Yeah, sure, you get tier 9 spells... In whatever drop-in class you took. If you want spells from the actual magic caster origin classes you'd need to pony up CP for them.
>>
>>48368242
So what would anon want, for everyone to be level 100 for free, or for the dissonance of a player somehow being a long-term veteran but stuck at level 1 power, and for them and any other origin to be so weak they have no hope of being involved in the plot?
>>
>>48367929
Perfext! Thank you!
>>
>>48367929
Can I summon a mount be one of the dark Young?
>>
>>48368276
Can my summoned mount*
>>
>>48368263
Just ban the jump, it's full of chainbreaking shit to begin with, all it is, is just a powergrab.
>>
>>48368290
Please piss off.
>>
>>48367929
Would the Magic Item Creator Innate Talent benefit the Talismonger class since they are casting through magic items they create?

Also I like how the jump looks much cleaner now.
>>
>>48368290
...why do you keep using that word after you got shot down in that other argument? You do realise nobody seems to share your definition of "chainbreaking" right?
>>
>>48367929
First off let me say that I'm really liking this update. I'm wondering whether I should purchase Drop-in class or Magic Caster, both look amazing. And the world Items are to die for.

From one person that Waifu'd Gaia to the next, I can tell you I'm very excited to make her a Level 100 Magic Caster. Gaia best waifu.
>>
>>48368306
But it was the opposite though, everybody agreed that your definition of chainbreaking is inane and wrong, and that anything that trivializes most of jumpchain is chainbreaking.
>>
>>48367929
>use any magic item

Now I can finally compete with Gilgamesh.
>>
>>48368252
Please don't conflate me with the other whiner but I just noticed-

>Finally you gain the Invulnerable Aegis special ability. You can activate this at any time, several times per day, to render any attack made against you completely and utterly negated no matter how powerful it is. It is one of the few defenses known to be capable of fending off the Dimension Slash ability of the damage focused warrior.

from the Warrior perk description. First off-this is just a straight-up Exalted-style perfect defense; moreso even by the fact that it has no Flaw of Immortality. Is this actually a thing in canon? If it was, surely there had to be SOMETHING that could overcome it in the context of the YGGDRASIL MMO but as written it's completely absolute. If it's not, you...may wanna consider revising it because I don't recall it being a thing from Overlord.
>>
>>48368290
Okay, so you've given up on any pretense of having an argument or goal, eh?
>>
>>48368325
*Flaw of Invulnerability.
>>
>>48368290
I get the distinct feeling that your goal in complaining about all the jumps you do, is just to keep us from getting ANY content out of spite.
>>
>>48368322
I remember I thought the same thing.
But another Anon told me that NP's aren't necessarily magic. So if you want to steal and use one of his Np's he throws at you you should probably pick up a Knight of Honor type NP.
>>
>>48368290
>>
>>48368252
Ok, then it's 700 CP to get the magic user spells. That's still strictly better than buying 700 CP worth of wizard classes.

>>48368263
Honestly? For there to be no Level 100 perk, and for you to mix and match class perks and abilities to get to some level of power which isn't either "able to crush everything in the setting under your heel" or "completely useless and unable to do anything." Oh, and for those choices to roughly balance out the same way they would in the actual MMO.
>>
>>48368252
I actually have a question; do you have to be a magic caster to get Overrank magic, and if so, do you get it just as a matter of course of buying one of the specializations, or how does that work, because the specializations themselves don't seem to account for the origin you took, only RoH and Lv. 100.
>>
>>48368343
Other anon was right. There exist NPs that can sabotage/completely negate what's considered magic in the Nasuverse. Like someone said, they're crystallised bits of legend and mystery bonded to the Servant's soul.

Magic and Servant-matter have the same root material in the Nasuverse, but they have completely different qualities. Sorta like how gasoline and certain plastics are both made from crude oil.
>>
I mean if you wanted to be really ridiculous, and didn't want to bother with most perks, you'd use the following build -

drop-in local human
lvl 100 - 600cp
realm of heroes - free
Class skills - Everything but Sorcerous Swordsman (you wouldn't need it with all the warrior classes) - 900cp
Skillful and Resourceful - 100cp
Innate Talents - Omnidextrous, Bestiary Knowledge, Detect Magic Power, Identify Talents, and one other innate talent thanks to human (I suggest golden mind or use any magic item) - All free.
Items - Comfy Inn, 1st lvl magic instrument, divine tier equipment - all free
Companion - a local hero (free)

There, you now are level 100 with realm of heroes and divine tier equipment and have lvl 100 skills in literally every single class outside of sorcerous swordsman, which you didn't really need cause the other classes have that covered. Also you've stupidly knowledge about just about everything (bard), can find people/places and survive just about anywhere easily (ranger), break into just about anywhere and steal just about anything (rogue), have all the magic skills, are a really stupidly good warrior, have a great companion, have a nice comfy inn you can stay at and make your home, and a magical musical instrument you can play on in your spare time.

Oh and you also have a skill for basically every single occasion.

--- On second thought I'm not sure where I was going with that. So long as you're not concerned with getting any of the higher tier perks it's pretty easy to be ungodly powerful/broadly skilled as a drop-in.

>>48368276
Hmm, they were pretty big. I think they're outside the size limit. You could have a smaller Dark Young if you wanted. It wouldn't actually have a connection to the black goat of the woods though.

>>48368302

I hadn't really considered it, but probably yes.

>>48368322

Strictly speaking 'use any magic item' can also be attained from the Familiar of Zero jump, if you're willing to be the familiar of an utter tool.
>>
>>48368343
Just go to Counter Strike and take Buy Mode. And have infinite money.
>>
>>48368353
You're asking for a level of detail that the setting doesn't really have and ignoring that to really be able to stand with Nazrik and thus matter to the plot you need to be level 100.
>>
>>48368343
If you want to steal one permanently you need to either companion him or make the NP real and cut the connection to Gil. Otherwise it doesn't follow you out of the jump.
>>
>>48368327
>>48368342
Are you guys incapable of recognizing false flagging?
>>
>>48368361
>>48368325 here, could you please address this? I can't find any hint of this ability in canon and as such I think it's a bit of a wank-especially considering we haven't even seen Dimensional Cut's effects in canon

Maybe replace it with some sort of combat precog to be able to block blows before you sense 'em coming?
>>
>>48368325

Dimensional Slash was canon, so I figured there had to be some sort of counter to it. Additionally Shalltear in canon had an ability that nullified damage done to her *after the fact*. We even see it in use in the anime during her fight agaisnt Ainz. If something like that exists .. That's not even getting into that one shield-skill she had, that made a barrier that nullified damage *and* acted as a counterattack.

It does seem a lot like an exalted-style perfect defense but, in fairness, Yggdrasil was an MMO. Defenses and such that just say 'no, you do no damage' are entirely a thing in a lot of MMO's.

>>48368354

Over-rank magic is for magic casters only. If you want access to it all you need to do is buy level 100 or, alternatively, if you're willing to spend a long ass time training don't buy level 100 and just train yourself up the hard way and then research the over-rank magic yourself.

Warriors get Super-Moves, Drop-ins get super-speed.

>>48368396

Shalltear showed an effect in canon that was better than 'no-sell one attack', when she literally retconned damage from herself (several times in fact).
>>
>>48368343
>>48368378
I just figured I would copy with cheatmode and use his while fighting him, but keeping it afterwards would be cool, any ideas for for doing that?
>>
>>48368378
Yeah, I wonder if EX Knight of Honor could potentially do it. Most likely not.
I definitely would never compnion the asshole, no power in the world is worth it to deal with him, maybe replicating or copying it could be done with EX unlimited blade works expy. Shits weird, I'd almost rather spend years making my own.
>>
>>48368407
>I figured there had to be some sort of counter to it

Alright, that seems reasonable. It's just that as written it lets you tank ridiculous attacks beyond anything shown so far in Overlord, like the Lord of Nightmares from Slayers giving you a noogie or the Buddha flinging you across the universe or something (it's probably best that people who complain about powerlevels don't seem to be aware of how bullshit Journey to the West's cosmology is)

In that case I still want to suggest you reword it to be essentially Shalltear's gimmick because frankly, I disagree that it was better-her thing was essentially recovering from an effect, this is NEGATING IT ENTIRELY on the spot whereas Shalltear could be overcome with sufficiently high-level magical firepower like Ainz's Fallen Down (or whatever the blasty spell was called)
>>
>>48368377
It does, though. Momo-chan isn't a level 100 Lich King, he's a bunch of level 5 to 15 shit that adds up to Level 100.
>>
>>48368416
Someone mentioned it earlier as what would happen if you use CHeat Mode, since the copied thing is identical, the Servant could just summon it back to themselves from you.

>>48368421
I'm not sure but I think both of those EX ranks came up fairly recently in the threads? Maybe a few weeks ago and that got talked about. Check the archives mayb?
>>
>>48368396
Dude, World Items are even more bullshit than that in canon.

There's an item that if used can completely ban and delete the user and the target with no hope of recovery, another that can perfectly mind control anything, even things that by default are completely impossible to mind control, another that can change the rules of the entire game's magic system, and way more.

Do you actually think invulnerability to an attack several times a day is wank here?
>>
>>48368437
That was only because her skill ran out of fucking charges you dumbass.
>>
>>48368442
>>48368421
>>48368378
>>48368416

See this. >>48368367
>>
>>48368442
As far as Knight of Honor at EX was talked about it is just that rather than with base Knight of Honor being A++ making regular items/weapons into D rank NP, it makes such things B to A rank NP. That was the only change. I don't know what was stated about UBW at EX.
>>
>>48368465
Well, I think UBW talk discussed whether the ability could copy stuff like Ea but I don't recall what answer was given.
>>
I REALLY want to emphasise the point that

>render any attack made against you completely and utterly negated no matter how powerful it is

read literally, indicates this ability could not only negate the blast that killed Shalltear, but THE GOAL OF ALL LIFE IS DEATH itself. And some people interpret perks literally because they aren't familiar with the lore or-less complimentary reasons I'm going to be silent on for civility's sake.

>>48368450
Rude. Also, then how come she was taking damage at all from Ainz's holy blasts and stuff before that?

>>48368443
No if it was just Shalltear's thing. In fact, I'd be fine with just Shalltear's thing.

Yes in the case of this one which can theoretically tank God himself bopping you on the head.

>completely ban and delete the user

Which this, as written, would be able to NO SELL.

>perfectly mind control

Okay, that's a neat trick but no-I disagree. And why are we even TALKING about World Items? I was talking about a skill World Champion warriors now have, not a World Item's ability. Frankly I'd be a lot more lenient were that the case.
>>
>>48368441
It'd require Brelin to know exactly at what level those perks are, though, which would be entirely OC. How strong is a mage by default? How many levels in a race? When do classes get tallismonger? Is it from a crafting class?

Do you get what I mean?
>>
>>48368441

You're asking for details on a system that has canonically over 900 different classes, not even talking about the racial classes, when we only know *maybe* 100 of them, and often times don't actually know what they do.

Do you want me to write out a masters dissertation? Cause that's the kind of length you'd be looking at. In fact if I went to that kind of effort I suspect I'd have flesh out the system better than the actual author of the series.

>>48368437

Her barrier effect did negate damage. Entirely, as far as we could tell. It *also* did counter-attack damage. Her retconning her injuries away was a *separate* ability. Given those two canon examples I think the wording of the ability as it current stands is entirely fair. Nothing it stopping an enemy from just, you know, hitting you again. You can only do it a few times per day after all.

>>48368450

This could have been said more politely, but basically yes. Shalltear mentions it herself in canon, if she hadn't been careless and wasted her defensive skills on the lower-tier spells she'd have been able to tank Ainz's trump-card attack and win.
>>
>>48368505
Why not give the one in the jump limited uses then?
>>
>>48367929
Eh, I don't like how the drawbacks are handled. There's a ton of stuff in this jump, lots of it is expensive, and it's just got the standard 600CP in drawbacks. I say 600CP, because with as batshit as the LN gets there's no way I'd take powerless.
>>
>>48368505
Well, in the spirit of fairness I'm not going to press the point if you truly feel that way even if I strongly disagree with how it's being worded, on the basis it's far stronger than even the World Items other anon listed.

I just...can't wrap my mind around the fact that, for example, a blow from the Unconquered Sun's Godspear (which automatically strikes by a factor of 10 arbitrary units of success-measurement-using-dice-as-units and deals infinite damage) can be shrugged off by something from Overlord.

Or that as written it would let you survive being flicked in the face by Elder God Demonbane.

Something just doesn't make sense here.
>>
>>48368546
>on the basis it's far stronger than even the World Items other anon listed
Are you fucking trolling?
>>
>>48368504
>>48368505
Not really. Just say roughly what a class can do, mention that classes get you access to higher tier effects as you stack them, and let people stack them for those effects. You know, the same way every other perk works?
>>
>>48368478

I just remembered, Cocytus had a limited-use per day skill in light novel canon that also negated all damage from an attack. He talks about it during the fight against the Lizardmen, iirc.

>>48368512

Uh, it does have limited uses. Here's a quote-

Finally you gain the Invulnerable Aegis special ability. You can activate this at any time, several times per day, to render any attack made against you completely and utterly negated no matter how powerful it is.

Word for word from the document. It can only be used a few times per day.

>>48368545
I considered having a higher drawback limit, but I already felt it was an extremely high power jump (it totally is) and that even just a difference of 200 more cp could wildly swing any current semblance of balance out of whack.
>>
>>48368554
Too vague. That works in other settings, but this is one where level actually matters to the mechanics and the story, you can't just handwave them.
>>
>>48368553
Completely being able to no-sell literally anything up to and including in-setting omnipotence is stronger than anything listed.
>>
>>48368554
How about he doesn't? I wouldn't want your shitty OC version of the jump over the one we have right now any day of the week, and I'm pretty sure most of us wouldn't.
>>
>>48368546
The same World Class items in the jump would let you ignore mind control from EGD too but you aren't complaining about those. It can only be used a few times a day and surely beings like the Unconquered Sun or EGD could attack at least several times every instant to bypass it anywya right?
>>
>>48368560
My suggestions would be to give it an actual number. Most of the time that's frowned on, sure, but for absolutes people would favor it if you did.
>>
>>48368505
Actually hold on-a thought occurs. What happens in a contest between Invulnerable Aegies-or for that matter, Shalltear's ability-and an effect like The Goal Of All Life Is Death, the Nasuverse's Black Barrell, the Thorn Forged To Kill Kings or SMT's Megidolaon/Pierce abilities, which have the specific effect of overcoming absolute invulnerability?

>>48368560
Well, I can't force you to change anything over the internet. All I can do is try to communicate why I'd prefer it to be based on a canon character's ability i.e. Shalltear's rather than be this ridiculous no limits fallacy.
>>
>>48368577
I wouldn't be.
>>
Kung Fu Hustle, WIP, 80% finished, almost if not completely fully priced. a few descriptions left, plus the full length Martial Arts descriptions and I'm missing a Scenario I want to add that I'm having trouble thinking of.
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1FeqFpjOJUOjCojTGxTwJdXBCUUr5cTydt6GbBklG7mk/edit
>>
>>48368577
Please don't assume anyone at all actually agrees with your stupid bullshit.
>>
>>48368589
There was a question for you at the start of thread, if you missed it.
>>
>>48368573
>The same World Class Items

...seriously?

SERIOUSLY?

No. No, I have never for one moment assumed World Items would let you do that because there is NOTHING in the goddamn MMO on par with either of those things; they'd probably be banned for being hackers/OP glitches.

What the blazes did you read in the LN to make you think the World Items could take down either of those?!
>>
>>48368442
Yeah, I remember Val said a EX rank UBW could copy EX but it would be like Shiroues, a singular type of thing you can copy, like swords, bows, or something. In exchange for more concentration, you lose out on range of shit you can copy.
>>
>>48368563

Except for the Bracelet of Arnessa which grants three minutes of uninterrupted invincibility per day, of course.

>>48368577

Your suggestion requires that I actual sit down and tabulate what basically every single class from potentially 900+ classes do. The vast majority of which aren't even named. If I did that I'd basically just be making shit up anyway, so what's the difference between that and how it is currently? That's not even getting into how long it would be. The current document is 47 pages, but if I had to write out all that stuff we could easily be looking at 300+ pages.

Who would genuinely want to slog through all of that just for some class options, when they can already fanwank the specifics of their build?
>>
>>48368573
Then maybe he should put an upper limit of what a World-Tier item can block. Immunities to literally anything are ridiculous anyway.
>>
>>48368594
Stop fucking shitting on the goddamn thread with your whiny bullshit. You're so fucking self important. Nobody gives a shit about your retarded indignation.
>>
>>48367616
>>48367623
>>48367567
Strike-Chan Here... The CP cap includes only Drawbacks.
>>
>>48368594
...the fact that they say you get immunity to mind control and stuff? Not sure if you fanwank it some other way, but when a perk or item says you're immune it usually means immune, not highly resistant. Pick any "Immune to mind control" perk in the chain and barring author comments otherwise, it'd nosell mind control no matter who is trying to use it. Whether it's Professor X or EGD.
>>
>>48368609
Well, they are literally "World"-Tier items. I imagine a power that can obliterate a star would probably penetrate?
>>
>>48368594
You're being baited, anon. Someone is dropping posts with mindless insults at us, don't reply.

>>48368603
>Your suggestion requires that I actual sit down and tabulate what basically every single class from potentially 900+ classes do.
No? I was talking about this absolute defense skill only, if I wasn't clear.
>>
>>48368560
Yeah, but that's an argument for inter jump balance. I'm looking at it as how much is offered versus the ability to purchase what's offered. You're never going to get inter jump balance. My argument is that there's tons offered in the jump and not near enough points to engage with it.

Upping the cap to 800 and removing the requirement for Powerless will allow for more diverse builds and play experiences without forcing a mechanic on the jumpers that need not be there. I understand the impetus, but you're forcing your play style on jumpers who may play differently.
>>
>>48368609

There are limits. They're mentioned in the Notes section in the 'world items vs divine tier' stuff.

>>48368623
Notes section specifically talks about the potential limits of World Items.
>>
>>48368623
Which is why immunity perks are stupid. An immunity perk from a low level setting shouldn't let you be immune to shit from an End Jump, but because it says "immune" people assume it does.
>>
>>48368603
>the Bracelet of Arnessa

Uh.

Wow.

First off, in the spirit of having an open exchange of ideas thank you for pointing out something I missed.

Secondly, I'm sorry but-I can't help but think this is rather excessive considering even in-universe, certain World Items can overcome other World Items. Look, maybe do something like what the other guy said how Sting was worded?

>>48368615
I'm not shitting on the thread; that would be acommpanied by blame directed at nobody in particular. I'm specifically calling out someone for their intellectual dishonesty in making a claim without proof.

>>48368623
This is an incredibly asinine form of interpretation then, because by that logic a fireball you can get in Elder Scrolls can set the universe on fire because it doesn't say you can't.
>>
>>48368609
Immunities are the only thing you can count on. Resistances are vague and worthless, you can never trust them to protect you from anything.
>>
>>48368623
Absolute only means absolute when it's talking about something the jumper can't get/doesn't have, and usually as a justification for why they can't get it, but if they can get it, then it's assumed automatically that it can be broken through by something that the thread decides is actually more powerful.
>>
>>48368635
Huh, my bad. I just noticed the items only say you have protection against, not immunity. You are a smart cookie aren't you?
>>
>>48368645
>the thread
For perks, no, only jumpmakers can decide that.
>>
>>48368594
>>48368609
There are plenty of other perks that give complete immunity to mind control though.
>>
>>48368024
I embrace your Bright Heresy, oh Empress of Man
>>
>>48368651
No, the thread usually are the ones to decide.
>>
>>48368635
>Short of an exceedingly hightier reality warper or exceptionally powerful greater deity nothing is going to even come close to circumventing their protective powers. They are, canonically, the concentrated power of an entire World, so if the enemy can’t match up to that then you should be just fine

Huh. Aren'r all canon personal abilities are, IIRC, less powerful than World Items? As long as the Aegis follows those guidelines that seems fine.

Consider my complaint withdrawn, then. I'm sorry for missing that note reading the jump, if I had noticed it I wouldn't have been under the misunderstanding the Aegis was an NFL.
>>
>>48368640
If it doesn't grant you immunity, it shouldn't be called immunity. Basic logic man. If it only grants super good resistance, that should be made clear in the jump, not be some automatic assumption for people to make.

>>48368641
No, it's not. If something says you are immune, you are immune. You are not resistant if it says you are immune. You are resistant if it says you are just resistant. Perks should be able to be taken at face value, not have the person be required to make assumptions about how they work solely because some people think it's too strong.

>>48368645
No, it's not assumed that. You assume that. But like the anon earlier, you are talking for the rest of the thread.
>>
>>48368662
Low effort, anon.
>>
>>48368662
Well then, I am part of the thread and I listen to jumpmakers on what grants immunity and what doesn't so-by your own logic, you're incorrect.
>>
>>48368652
None of those are actually immunity though, and for that matter, nothing in jumpchain should give you immunity to anything. You should always be vulnerable to things more powerful than you, and things more powerful than you should always be more powerful than you.
>>
>>48368593
Yup. Saw it. thanks
>>
>>48368674
So you're saying immunity effects shouldn't exist in jumps altogether unless they're stuff like Exalted PDs? Because damn son, that's a lot of jumps to edit. Like it or not, not everyone thinks in legalese like you.
>>
>>48368678
You aren't a part of the thread if you leave. Get the fuck out.
>>
>>48368642
Then the resistance is poorly worded and should be revised.

>>48368674
Yeah, which is why I said immunity perks are stupid. Immunity perks should be done away with entirely, and replaced with perks that make you immune to anything that setting can dish out, and protect you to a not-unlimited degree against anything above it.
>>
>>48368695
I guess ever single resistance perk is poorly worded.
>>
>>48368688
Make me.

Oh wait, you can't, can you? No, you're disagreeing with THE THREAD now. That means, by your own logic, you're completely wrong and anything you say in defiance of that will make you a hypocrite to what your prior statements.
>>
>>48368684
No, because by the same logic Exalted PD's aren't actually absolute either, and I should be able to break through because I have a higher power level. See? Your logic makes no fucking sense.
>>
>>48368684
I'm saying that if something is not an immunity, it shouldn't be written as such. Not everyone is incapable of grasping basic english as you. If a perk tells you you can lift 1 tonne, are you going to scream at anyone and say you can actually only lift 100 kilograms, despite the perk saying otherwise? So why are you saying we should take all immunity perks to only mean resistance, rather then what it actually says?

Not everyone makes perks weaker for themselves. If you want to do that, good for you. But otherwise people should be able to trust that what they read is what they get.
>>
File: DONG.png (123KB, 382x225px) Image search: [Google]
DONG.png
123KB, 382x225px
>>48367813
Pokemon is pretty high powered, depending on your canon choice.
>>
>>48368695
>immunity perks should be done away with

dude

dude

You...do realise some of the jumps that are made were made by people who're no longer here, right?

Which means that's never gonna happen.
>>
>>48368702
No, because I am the thread. You aren't.
>>
>>48368715
He's fishing.
>>
>>48368699
Or you're just that asshole who interprets every perk which doesn't say "gives you unlimited power" as doing literally nothing and then whines about it.
>>
>>48368703
But Exalted PDs are canonically absolute, to the point they CAN block attacks from beings with higher powerlevels. You're. You're literally rejecting what's canon about the setting.

Your "logic" is imposing your own fanwanking on a setting's preestablished fact.

>>48368704
You know, I'm not even saying that's a bad thing.

I'm just saying-your demand for ALL jumps previously finished and on the drive to be changed to your personal standard is never going to happen.
>>
>>48368703
Nah, Absolutes that jumpers can't get are special cases because jumpers can't get them. Only absolutes that jumpers can't get are actually absolute.
>>
>>48368641
Why? World Items are specifically called out as unfair-game-breaker items in the Light Novel canon, allowing completely bullshit stuff that everyone always complained about. I believe the phrasing used was 'those shitty devs'.

Also light novel canon strongly suggests that offensively World Items can't actually trump each other. Defense wins in Yggdrasil, apparently. We see it in the light novels when Ainz was reminecing about the time AOG lost a series of mines that they were farming because a rival guild used a World Item to literally forbid them from traveling to that world in order to defend the mine. The dev's responded something along the lines of 'sorry, by rights anyone with a world item should be able to ignore the effect preventing them from moving to that world, however since we're having trouble resolving the situation here's this free item as compensation'. World Item defensive effects trump World Item offensive effects, basically, confirmed by the dev team of the Yggdrasil game no less.
>>
>>48368715
The fact that something isn't going to happen doesn't mean that it shouldn't happen.

>>48368720
Oh look, it's that idiot who thinks everyone who says anything they disagree with is a troll.
>>
>>48367929
Man, Spiritualist is right up my alley. I wanted to go against cliche and not make a Magic User character, but they just have so many things I like.
>>
>>48368730 see >>48368733 for what you look like right now.
>>
http://pastebin.com/nriX2VMv

Copy pasting from my phone is difficult. Here's the writefag update for anyone who missed it.

I will be looking at the Overlord update a bit later.
>>
>>48368750
I'm totally up for handling it the reverse as well. If you can throw around supernova tier fire, you should be able to burn a red dragon to ashes.
>>
>>48368740
As long as you acknowledge yours isn't the only opinion that gets to be listened to. I just think it's futile to try to force people to do something over the internet, where the only power that exists is persuasive power.

>>48368738
I listed combatents with much higher level feats to illustrate my question of why Yggdrasil/the New World's top tier things should trump things from other settings with much higher demonstrated feats and confirmed metaphysical potency.

Nonetheless as I said in >>48368672 I missed a very important note at the jump's end, and for that I apologise and i withdraw my objections.
>>
>>48368730
What demand? Your side is the only one making demands that everyone interprets things in a way that they aren't already written. All I've said is that if a perk is written that you have immunity to something, then you have immunity. If a jumpmaker makes a comment that it is not actually so, then fine, it isn't. I'd hope they have the decency to note that ruling in jump for the rest of us, but I'd accept it. But if they don't make that ruling, then the assumption should be that an immunity is an immunity, not a resistance.

If I take Dream Power from Kirby, which gives immunity to possession and mind control, then I will take it with the assumption that I am getting immunity to possession and mind control as it tells me. I am not aware of any ruling Brows, the jump creator, has made to contradict this, so I will assume that the perk effects is as the perk writing.

This seems about as fair as it can possibly be. Please don't tell me I'm trying to use legalese again. Immunity and Resistance have very different meanings in the context used in jumpchain and similar properties like DnD and other /tg/ games.
>>
>>48368758
Red Dragons are immune to fire. Fuck off with your shitty wank.
>>
>>48368745

To be honest I felt spiritualist was my weakest effort in the jump. I was really struggling to come up with anything that wasn't already covered by the other magic caster class skills that had already been made.

By contrast coming up with flavor text for the drop-in and warrior class skills was pretty damned easy.

>>48368752
I'm ignore of this writefagging you speak of. Is it a jumpchain story or something?

>>48368758

This reminds me of the flame dragon drawback from the GATE jump, that is completely immune to all out-of-jump powers, abilities, and items. "I'm sorry Mr. Galactic Herald, i'm afraid my flame dragon is too cool for your Power Cosmic".
>>
>>48368750
>exalted PDs aren't actually absolute

...you're flaunting the fact that you push your own opinion about How Things Work over how a setting's things actually work, man.

This isn't an argument. This is you admitting you're wrong and not noticing.
>>
>>48368774
Did you see: >>48368629
>>
>>48368679
No, there are perks that give complete immunity to mind control like Aluminum Mind from Mistborn. Being vulnerable to beings stronger than you doesn't mean they lolnope any defences you have
>>
>>48368777
And immunities granted by jump fiat are just as strong. Now stop whining.
>>
>>48368766
I'm sick of this whole argument so-I'm just going to say I don't necessarily disagree with the rest of your post but I was SPECIFICALLY calling out the guy who said he wanted old jumps revised to his standards of "immunity" definition.

That's it. That's 80% of what ticked me off, and I'm more than willing to concede on everything else.
>>
>>48368770
Fuck off with telling people to fuck off because you don't agree with them. You are the problem with Jumpchain.

>>48368774
That's a standard Drawback thing, though. Drawbacks are cosmic fiat.

Still, I'd love a Bastard!!! jump with a perk that lets you override an immunity by just being that much Marle powerful.
>>
>>48368774
>ignore

Well if you're not interested, you're not interested. No big deal. Or was that a typo?

But yeah, it's a story about a Jumpchain that ended up in Worm. Has five chapters and this WIP Intermission so far.
>>
>>48367929
What does the Skillful Acquisitions perk work on outside of the Overlord jump? It mentions spellwork - does that mean it would help you figure out lost/unknown spells, and thus combine well with perks like Dark Wisdom?
>>
>>48368810
4chan hiccups sometimes, I had a post eaten on another board.
>>
>>48368774
>To be honest I felt spiritualist was my weakest effort in the jump. I was really struggling to come up with anything that wasn't already covered by the other magic caster class skills that had already been made.
Really? Well, I love it. It hits on a lot of themes that I very much enjoy.
>>
>>48368752
Nice. Thanks.
>>
>>48368810
Uh...which one? What was it about?

I'm losing track of this whole argument. It just feels so goddamn stupid.
>>
File: image.jpg (109KB, 480x400px)
image.jpg
109KB, 480x400px
>>48368796
I too would kill for a Bastard Jump. I'd definitely want Dispel Bound or crafting perks that allow me to create my own pic related.
>>
>>48368794
I said that immunity perks should grant immunities and if not, should be changed to resistances. That's apparently what you got all up in arms about? I spend the rest of my argument explaining to you, very politely I believe, why I thought this way and you apparently 'don't disagree'. So what exactly is the problem with the expectation that jumpers should write what they are actually giving or at least make notes, such as what Brellin has done, about the actual limits?

I'll be honest, you really do seem like a jerk that over reacts to things.
>>
>>48368594
You should know that there is a World Item that let you forcibly the settings magic or have the game makers completely alter or add any one thing you wanted into the game. World items totally are cheats.
>>
>OverLord - 569
Race: Human (Local)
Origin: Magic Caster
Drawbacks: Rival Guild (+600)
Final Point Count: 1,600 CP

Perks:
-The Realm of Heroes (Free)
-Innate Talent - Magic Learning Affinity (Free)
-Innate Talent - Alchemist (Free)
-Innate Talent - Enhanced Summoning (Free)
-Class Skills - Divine Caster (Free)
-Class Skills - Arcane Caster
-Class Skills - Spiritualist
-Innate Talent - Use Any Magic Item
-Level One Hundred
-Specific Specialization - Summoning
-Dark Wisdom
-The Abyss of Magic

Treasures & Companions:
-The Ring of Elru

God I feel so jank right now. Really the only thing that my build changed was killing Talismonger for Spiritualist.
>>
Are we still talking about the skill from Overlord or has this discussion moved to something else?

>>48368796
Maybe, but I really despise fiat-jumps that introduce power-scaling opponents or enemies that are just flatly immune to out-of-jump abilities.

Well, scratch that. I despise those things when they don't make sense within the context of the jump. I could totally buy something like that showing up in one of the Marvel or DC jumps, but when I'm visiting FF12 why the hell are there like FIVE drawbacks that all cause level scaling enemies to start spawning everywhere?

>>48368800
It was meant to be ignorant, not ignore. My bad. Is Worm the first jump or just the current one?

>>48368818
Works for anything supernatural that could actually be learned by someone. So you could go to JoJo and use it to learn Hamon pretty easily, or go to a D&D jump and use it to pick up D&D skills and such pretty easy. It has to be an actual skill or something though, no picking up bloodline abilities or magic specifically called out as being restricted to only certain members of the populace (unless, naturally, you happen to be one of those members of the populace).

For example if you went to No Game No Life you couldn't learn the various different magic styles unless you already had the ability to learn/use magic from that jump. That said yes it would combo with Dark Wisdom pretty nicely.
>>
>>48368840
There is another anon arguing that immunities shouldn't exist and you are probably being confused for them.
>>
>>48368860
No, he was responding to me. >>48368684 at least if this was the post in which he complained. He exaggerates and reinterprets my actual views in it though.
>>
>>48368856
Could you please address >>48368629
>>
>>48368840
To be honest, if that was all you were asking for?

I'm sorry. I thought you-assuming it WAS you, and not that other assclown >>48368860 mentioned-were arguing for all finished jumps to be edited by someone else to reflect their standards.

So I'm either apologising for misunderstanding you or giving the impression my vitriol was directed at you or not someone else, but I think this quantum uncertainty of guilt is worth clearing the air a little.
>>
>>48368887
*and not someone else

>>48368866
Well, I think we've exhausted all other avenues of insulting each other and expressing complete disagreement, so.

You're a stinky doo-doo brain, I guess.
>>
>>48368887
I'm glad we could clear that up then. I'm sorry for calling you a jerk over a misunderstanding like that.

>>48368901
Though posts like this make it a little hard to express my apology over the misunderstanding.
>>
>>48368619
>Strike-Chan Here
>SJ-Chan
What.
>>
>>48368856
All good, no worries. This is about mid-chain, with previous jumps acting as backstory. I'd show you the other chapters but I don't have them on my phone. They should be in a pastebin link a few threads back, just search for my name or ask an anon. Let me know what you think if you're interested.

As for Overlord, I'm liking the update so far, especially companion imports. I wish the drawback cap was a bit higher, but otherwise, no complaints so far.
>>
>>48368869

You mean raising the drawback limit from 600 to 800 or something? I'm dubious in the extreme about that. Unless there's a pretty significant thread consensus on raising the drawback limit I'm fairly content with leaving it as is.
>>
I'm trying to figure out what my build for Overlord should be right now, but I can't decide if I should go Warrior with Unified Focus or Mage with Unified Focus.

Which should I go for? At this point in my chain, I'm mostly a martial type with all kinds of martial arts and superhuman strength and lots of experience in that field, but I want some magical abilities, but Mage with Unified Focus doesn't increase anything besides physical strength, and warrior with Unified Focus doesn't get any Overrank magic.
>>
>>48368943
I'm fine with it as is. You make a better argument for it staying anyway, and it's refreshing to see a SBattler that has awareness and care for balancing a jump.
>>
>>48368930
3 Options.
1.They actually are the same person and we missed that.
2. The SJ and Strike Chan have performed the fusion dance.
3. SJ was joking.
>>
>>48368943
Yeah, raise it to 800 and drop the requirement to take Powerless.
>>
>>48368770
Not if you have Searing Flame they aren't.
>>
>>48368930
Maybe...do you think?
>>
>>48368967
We aren't paid to think!
>>
>>48368978
Back to work!
>>
>>48368952

Over-rank magic is nice don't get me wrong, but there's still ten other magic tiers aside from that. If you want to stay in theme as a martial type character but also pick up some magic just go warrior origin and pick up magic warrior, and maybe spend some CP to get some class skills from the magic caster origin. Bam, you'll have all the magic you could want and still be a warrior. I mean no over-magic, but again there's ten whole tiers of spells outside of that.
>>
>>48367929
Okay, a few questions, if you don't mind:

As someone unfamiliar with the setting, how big of a difference does taking RoH with Level 100 actually make?

If you're a Warrior with Magic Warrior and/or one of the Mage classes and Level 100 with RoH, how long will it take you to get to the point where you can learn 10th level spells?

Would Drain No from Young Justice prevent your strength/magic from draining with the other if you have Unified Focus?

I've never been totally clear, Divine/Arcane doesn't really matter insofar as that you could learn spells from either with just one class, right? It's just that you'll be noticeably better at one you payed for?

And finally, is there any way to sidestep not being able to cast in armor as a Magic Caster? The thread was discussing that the other day.
>>
>>48368952
Go Warrior. There are still the skills that warriors have, and those are arguably just as broken.
>>
File: smirk.png (254KB, 487x518px) Image search: [Google]
smirk.png
254KB, 487x518px
>>48368856
I find it amusing that the drawback that makes Asura pissed at you in AW grants more CP than the one that makes Kratos pissed at you in God of War, even though only the latter explicitly has the dude scaled to your powerlevel.

And you know what? It's not even wrong, dammit. Man's just that stubborn.

>>48368774
Oh right and-writefagging's just what we call "writing stories" in these parts. Bit of local dialect.

Anyway, my build hasn't changed.

Drawbacks: Rival Guild (1600)

Rolled The Fortress City, E-Rantel

Local, Age 31

“Human”

Local

Innate Talent: Use Any Magic Item, Enhanced Summoning (Free)
Level One Hundred (1000)
The Realm of Heroes (Free)
Class Skills, Magic Caster: Arcane Caster, Divine Caster, Talismonger (900)
The Abyss of Magic (600)
The Ring of Elru (single item discount+200=>400)
Specific Specialisation: Warder, Summoning (200)
Dark Wisdom (0)

So I...guess I'd be some kind of anti-Ainz? He's looking for his old guild, I'm trying to fend off the not-Giantdads/Dickwraiths trying to gank me. He's a necromancer-spec, whereas I figure my "build" is more about buffing allies. He's this Overlord figure and I figure-given my bizarely high stats for a baseline human, I'm some sort of SMT-style spirit born out of the collective consciousness' memories of the original six players? So I'd be the tulpa of the legendary savior known as BallsDeep69 which is...probably gonna make the Slane Theocracy pretty damn excited at the Second Coming.

Anyway, Ainz has always struck me as someone who'd make a good Jumper-ridiculous bluff skills. Seriously, is that a canon skill he has? Guy's stupid lucky in social stuff.

The point being, I feel like mentoring him to be a REAL overlord (thanks to the OTHER Overlord jump, I do have experience after all) in exchange for an alliance against the enemy guild.

And uh. I should probably fully explain Demi's funny farm idea before one EPIC misunderstanding happens.
>>
>>48368990
Um. The issue with being able to cast in armor was just a problem with Ainz.
>>
>>48369007
Asura does scale to your power level though.

>At random points during your jump, Asura will appear at an appropriate power level and aim to kill

And it also notes he grows stronger each time you beat him.

>Each time you defeat him, his rage increases.
>>
>>48369011
Oh. My bad. I was led to believe it was like D&D.
>>
File: startled.jpg (24KB, 459x279px)
startled.jpg
24KB, 459x279px
>>48369019
Oh!

Well. Fair enough, then!

To be fair though, that last part's just how he rolls in canon.
>>
>>48369026
Point.
>>
>>48368943
Fine as is really, you have so many discounts already.
>>
>>48367929
>>48368986
Do Angels get a discount on the Divine Magic or are their class skills just considered divine magic?

Basically I'm trying to figure out if I went Angel and caster if I could pick up Divine and Arcane caster for free or if I have to pay for one of them.
>>
>>48368990
In order -

Level 100 and Realm of Heroes (stacking with each other at least) doesn't exist outside of the jump. Effectively having lvl 100 and RoH at the same time gives you a significant stat boost. Effectively you're at the 'mid-tier' of a high-end character even if you're butt-naked, it's pretty substantial.

If you pick up a class skill from a class you automatically get access to the highest level that would normally be availible to the the origin it belonged to (relative to your own level, of course). If you're a level 100 warrior and you got a class skill from the drop-in you'd have 9th tier spells aspected towards whatever drop-in class you purchased. If you bought a class skill from the magic caster origin you'd have access to 10th tier stuff. The caveat is that you won't have quite as many spells and yours probably won't be as good as the origin they belong to, on account of your origin not having an optimized 'stat build' to actually make use of them.

Drain No should work, yes.

Divine and Arcane are separate classes. Basically it's Cleric and Wizard, respectively. Well, no, it's actually Cleric/Druid and Wizard. If you choose Arcane then you have wizard style spells. If you choose divine you have cleric/druid style spells, alongside cleric/druid style abilities. Overlord is *heavily* based on 3rd edition D&D, if that helps you visualize it.

Yes you can easily sidestep not being able to wear armor as a magic caster by buying any class skill that features the ability to wear armor. Like the divine caster class, for example, since they're clerics and traditionally clerics wear armor. Or you could get a class skill that can wear armor from one of the other origins.
>>
>>48367929
Huh. Would the Orb Of Death be useful for "cleansing" areas that have been contaminated with negative energies?

How quickly and over how big of an area can it absorb such energies?

Is the magical power it stores still negative/necromantic or has it been converted into (to borrow a MtG term) "colorless" magic that any magic caster can use?
>>
>>48369054
Would it be possible to have a buyable book of the dead or angel feather item so we could use it to turn other people into those races? I know we could just get them in jump but having a cp bought option seems less fanwanky.
>>
>>48369054
Wait, the jump explicitly says all the magic is essentially the same, though?

Dark Wisdom would still let you learn Divine as a Wizard or whatever, though?
>>
>>48369054
Oh right, I've been meaning to ask about angels-

>always appear to be handsome or beautiful adults in the prime of their life regardless of how

Doesn't this contradict all the canon angels we've seen so far? Victim looks like a fetus, and the others look like floaty metal trilobites.
>>
>>48369054
Okay, thanks man.

You've just ruptured my build because some things are better than I thought.

Being jumper is suffering.
>>
>>48369054
Just for clarification, taking Unified Focus would bridge the 'stat build' gap for taking Magic Caster class skills, or no?
>>
>>48369090
There are other angels, ainz summons 4 lion headed 4 winged angels to be his bodyguards.
>>
>>48369080
Yeah, but if you were casting divine spells as a wizard you'd still be bound by the class restrictions of being a wizard.

It might make more sense in reverse, though. Go divine and use dark wisdom to learn arcane spells, that'd let you cast arcane as a divine and wear armor because you're a divine caster.

Is my interpretation of Dark Wisdom correct >>48369054?
>>
>>48368853
Now let's look at how bullshit my summoning just got, now that I have all of THAT plus:

-Feral Link (FF13-2): All pets and summons have their health & energy pools linked into one large common one
-Pack Mentality (FF13-2): All pets and summons generate two shadow clones.
-Summoner's Mask (FF13-2): While worn, all pets and summons move faster.
-Summoning Sinatra + Capstone Boost (Bayonetta): Increases magic related to summoning dramatically, plus companion / summons aiding in summoning increase the final summon result.
-Summoner's Signet (FFType-0): Duplicates a summon
-Fanfare (FF12:RW): Longer maintenance & more durability.
-Gate Stabilization (FF12:RW): Produces a summon immediately & repeatedly.
-Ring of Pacts (FF12:RW): All summons can share abilities between each other
-Well of Whispered Oaths (FF12:RW): Amplifies summoned creatures' qualities.

Now - I am missing perks and shit. i know I am, I just barely woke up and can't be arsed to trudge through my entire chain - but I KNOW I have a shit-ton of individual Summon spells (like Samurai Jack's) and such.

BUT HOW DOES THAT LOOK.
>>
>>48369103
...okay?

Still not seeing canon evidence for any human ones, is my point?
>>
>>48369052
You only get one class skill for free, aspected towards your origin, no matter what race you are. If you want more class skills you must pay for more class skills with CP.

Class skills represent, literally, entirely different builds with entirely different sets of abilities, skills, powers, and spells.

>>48369056
Yes, you could definately use it for that purpose. Strictly speaking that's what happened in canon. The necromancer dude that had it was using it in the E-Rantel graveyard to absorb the negative energy, and the guards noted that the place had been unusually quiet for weeks because there weren't many undead popping up like usual (cause the orb was absorbing all the negative energy that would have normally been animating them).

As for how quickly .. fanwank. 'Moderate speed', whatever you feel that means, sounds reasonable.

It's negative energy still. You can use it to create undead via the orb itself or you can use it to empower necromancy that you know. If you have a different method of converting negative energy into something else then nothing is stopping you from doing that.

>>48369070

I considered it but ultimately decided not to include them for pricing reasons. If they're the same price as just buying the race directly no one would buy them, if they're more expensive no one would buy them, and if they're less expensive people would always buy them instead of actually buying the heteromorphic race directly.

That's not even getting into potential cheat methods like item duplication.
>>
>>48369107
That looks pretty crazy anon, I wonder if the SMT demon summoning would be improved by it. Theres also Thousand Masters in Negima, which you may have, all of this shit and basic summons are monsters, while high end summons would be treated as Death itself.

>Gee Anon! How come you get FOUR Cthulhu's
>>
>>48368090
>No. Your physical strength will be pretty exceptional but the rest of your stats will still be garbage by comparison. You wouldn't be a skill-monkey either, so you wouldn't have the same versatility, by miles, as the drop-in either.
>Your magical strength would be incredible immense. If you've got the magic warrior class you'd be able to make pretty solid use of it, but yeah it would mostly be wasted on a warrior without some sort of magical skills. Nothing stopping you from picking up magic warrior or the spell casting classes from other origins though.
This might mean that Hybrid stuff from Smite would be more useful to my build than Unified Focus actually.
>>
File: sideglance.png (248KB, 435x488px) Image search: [Google]
sideglance.png
248KB, 435x488px
>>48369107
It looks like that's quite the party you've brought with you, anon. Also you might wanna check out FF9, FF14 and NGNL

What d'you see yourself summoning in Overlord primarily, by the way? I'm having trouble thinking of what my primary summons would be given how freeform interpretations of the magic system have to be by necessity. Maybe angels, to go with the legend-of-the-six-players-made-life theme? Except I'm not all too familiar one what high-tier Overlord angels can do.
>>
>>48369054
I'm terms of a raw physical strength, how strong would a Level 100, RoH Dragonoid Warrior with Physical Powerhouse be?
>>
>>48369142
Eh I just asked because I thought it would be cool to have the option of making others a low level angel or skeleton with them (sort of like how you can buy bending scrolls in avatar that are only useable if you cant bend already)
>>
>>48369142
Can you help us dial in Dark Wisdom?

See: >>48369104 and >>48369080
>>
Out of curiosity, has anyone not purchased Level 100?
>>
>>48369188
Me. Didn't purchase Realm of Heroes either. Probably post my build tomorrow.
>>
File: contemplative.png (254KB, 610x520px) Image search: [Google]
contemplative.png
254KB, 610x520px
>>48369188
Off the top of my head Konata definitely didn't. I don't remember if Red did but I think she might've since I vaguely remember her build for breadth in magic which probably would've cost quite a bit of CP?

And I swear one or two other builds I can't remember quite as clearly, alas.
>>
>>48369188
I didn't because I wanted to get my companions in on the fun.
>>
>>48369188
A lot of people haven't bought them, since you can reach that level without buying the perks with a bit of hard work (outside perks help a lot) you can save yourself a lot of cp for goodies.
>>
>>48369080
>>48369080
No, the magic is all different. Dark Wisdom lets you learn spells from other systems and then convert them to a system you can actually cast in. It doesn't let you cast arcane spells as *arcane spells* if you can't actually cast arcane spells in the first place because you're a divine caster. You could, however, use it to learn an arcane spell and then convert it into a divine spell, so that you could then have a divine spell that does the same thing as the arcane spell it was originally based on. Does that make more sense to you?

>>48369090
Victim was specifically called out as being a fetus. He didn't just look like one, he was one. The other angels .. meh, they were scrub tier foot-soldiers. If the jumper (or companion) takes the angel race you can assume you're a non-scrub tier human-looking angel. Same deal with any heteromorphic race that says it can take on a human appearance. You paid CP, effectively, to look like how you want to look like.

>>48369102
Not really. Strength is just strength. It's not dexterity, or agility, or endurance, or any other nebulous 'non-strength' physical stat. I mean yes you'd be *physically* very strong but you'd still be a pretty terrible melee combatant. Any warrior or drop-in of comparable level would be able to dance rings around you either from sheer skill or sheer speed.

>>48369104
Armored Wizard is an actual canon class in Overlord, Narberal Gamma has it. The way I figure if you purchase any class skill that can wear armor then you can then cast any spell you know while wearing armor. Assuming you wanted to be absolutely *positively* certain you could do that however instead of just assuming then Magic Warrior will definitely let you cast in armor.
>>
>>48369159
>Thousand Master

Oh shit, I do have that actually. Unfortunately went another origin in SMT, so I won't be the one to answer that question.

>>48369165
Alas, I went Warbeast in NGNL and Blacksmith/Carpenter/Alchemist in FFXIV. But h'oh shit, if I can find something that makes modifications I make to Summons permanent, the trio discipline there could let me outfit them pretty decently.

Also. Far as I remember, the highest-tier angel we've seen didn't even take 1% off of Ainz' health pool. As for my own summons...

>Spiritualist, Arcane, Divine

The ten-year-old in me is screaming SKYSCRAPER-SIZED GHOST WOLVES WITH LAZER BREATH.
>>
>>48369228
>Does that make more sense to you?
In essence Dark Wisdom lets Divine Casters find a way to cast arcane Fireball as a divine spell, Divine Fireball, and Arcane Casters a way to cast divine Cure Wounds as an arcane spell, Arcane Cure Wounds.

Is that correct?
>>
>>48369142
I would pay 300 cp to make other people skeletons or angels, but ainz is technically overlord race. You can't buy into overlord race.
>>
>>48369142
>If they're the same price as just buying the race directly no one would buy them,
Sure they would, to use on others.
>>
>>48369175

"fucking strong" would be one way of putting it. If you're level 100 with RoH and a heteromorphic race you have effectively completely broken the system. Your stats are substantially beyond what would normally be attainable thanks to paying-to-win with CP. You'd routinely win fights against other regular lvl 100's barring a truly obscene difference in gear and skill. Two-on-one might be dicey if their builds complement each other. Three-on-one you'll be lucky if you survive, but it's not impossible. Four-on-one and you'd better start running.

>>48369180

You can use it to learn spells from other magic systems. However those spells are still *in* those magic systems. If you were a cleric and copied a wizard spell you would not be able to cast it because you are a cleric and not a wizard. However if you spend time to convert that wizard spell into a proper cleric spell you could then cast that spell *as a cleric spell* even though it's effect is the same as a wizard spell. Make sense?
>>
>>48369295
>Make sense?
It does.

It's probably worth a note at the bottom clarifying as much. There's been a good amount of discussion as to whether DW would allow you to jump magic systems, and how the copying process works.

I'd just explain what you did in this post, and maybe give a short example of it in action.
>>
>>48369142
>That's not even getting into potential cheat methods like item duplication.
Would that even be an issue? Any you make could still only come with you if they were companions, and for companions... even if the item is used up in the process of altering them, CP Item Insurance would replenish them anyway.
>>
>>48369273
Effectively yes. You know the spell in the original system, but it doesn't give you any ability to cast in that system unless you could already do so.

>>48369240
FF10 jump lets you pick any three summons you have to retain changes to them, iirc.

>>48369283
Even if that's the case you wouldn't be getting the same deal as the actual angel race on offer. You'd be getting beginner-level scrub-tier stuff.

For example the book of the dead changes someone into a skeleton mage, which is the lowest level skeleton-type racial class. Elder Lich and Overlord (which Ainz was/is) are higher tier than that. So, basically, even if you gave such items to other people they wouldn't be getting the full benefit that actually buying the race would give.

>>48369322
I've always been of the opinion that limited-use items that don't specifically say they come back don't come back. Aside from that see above.
>>
>>48369228
No, I mean if you were a warrior that took Unified Focus and Magic Caster class skills, although since that's your stance on it from the Magic Caster side of things, I assume it's the same from the Warriors perspective.
>>
>>48369295
http://pastebin.com/rtNBmzTC

If you wanted to see the rest, I managed to dig up the link. I forgot it was way, waaay back in threads by now.

Unrelated question, but Jumpers, what was your first experience using magic like?
>>
File: blush.png (334KB, 653x555px) Image search: [Google]
blush.png
334KB, 653x555px
>>48369366
I accidentally made a toilet come to life and bite a koopa in the butt.

It was super awkward.
>>
>>48369354
>You'd be getting beginner-level scrub-tier stuff.
So... why would pricing it lower invalidate the racial purchases, then? And besides, it's not just about power; sometimes you just want to turn people into skeleton wizards and recreate MMOs IRL.
>>
>>48369354
>wouldn't be getting the full benefit that actually buying the race would give.

True but you would still be able to make them magic skeletons or angels even though they need to put in work for themselves. Even if limited to 1 per jump its worth it.
>>
How would people feel about something like a Rimworld jump?
>>
>>48369358
Oh, from the other perspective? Well unless you took some class skills from outside the warrior origin in order to get some actually spells to use (unless you take magic warrior that is) your magical strength isn't going to really do anything for you. Additionally large amounts of magical strength/power doesn't necessarily translate into a large mana-pool, see Ulbert Alane Udle from Overlord canon for example. Highest burst DPS in AOG by a considerable margin, garage reserves.
>>
>>48369402
There is no reason to spoiler that post.
>>
>>48369402
I'm not familiar with Rimworld. Looking it up it seems to be some sort of space colony management game. Is it good?
>>
>>48369354
I'd totally buy the ability to make people into skeleton mages, slimes, and whatever a tier 1 doppelgänger is. Especially that last one.
>>
>>48369366
The less I talk about my experimentation with wind magic the better
>>
>>48369423
Stupid typos. I meant to say 'highest burst DPS in AOG by a considerable margin, but garbage mana reserves'.
>>
>>48369354
Well then if it was one use only and simply made you scrub tier what would the problem be? People love items that can turn followers into alternate races. Even weak ones.
>>
>>48369444
Given the 3.5 base, probably a Changeling.
>>
>>48369354
Cheaper, weaker than an import, able to make people into low level monsters. Whats not to love?
>>
>>48369431
It's pretty cool. Basically, it's dwarf fortress without vertical and in space. There's some cool lore I guess, and all kinds of mods which are really interesting. I was mostly in general asking if people would accept any 'Dwarf Fortress clones/alikes'.
>>
>>48369366
Hmm, my jumpers first magic use was in his 5th jump. Overlord, somewhat ironically. He went in as a divine caster and his first magical spell was to use over-rank magic (go big or go home) to create that giant magical forest that it's the over-rank magic examples in the level 100 description.

The first time he'd seen magic though was in his first jump, PS238, however he didn't actually have the capability of using magic then (misc meta was just way too useful to pass up).
>>
>>48369366
Not *exactly* magic, but my first forays into psychic stuff were... awkward. Volume control, content filter, standing there staring at someone trying to brain their think... If I hadn't had a bond with my Started, that could have been very problematic.
>>
>>48369423
But if we did take those class skills?
>>
>>48369495
How quickly could you learn Overlord magic/spells if you had Golden Mind + Magic Learning Affinity + Skillful Acquisitions + Dark Wisdom?
>>
>>48369423
>Additionally large amounts of magical strength/power doesn't necessarily translate into a large mana-pool
Really? The jump says "Your reserves of magical energy are heavily bolstered, far beyond what any
of your peers could claim"
>>
>>48369366
Harry Potter, accidentally set my robes on fire. They were stupid looking robes, anyway.
>>
>>48369517
That's specifically from the Abyss Of Magic perk, anon.
>>
>>48369538
Aaaand that's what I get for skimming the conversation.
>>
>>48368930
>>48368958
I was joking. Someone claimed that my GUP jump was by Strike, and I'm not Strike, but I thought I'd be funny and do that. I dunno who Strike is... or if it's just Strike or Strike Chan, but I'm not her.
>>
>>48369431
Rimworld is pretty awesome. I actually think it could be a pretty good jump, although I don't know how you'd handle the origins and traits other than just doing it like the Sims.
>>
>>48369366
Thaumcraft from minecraft was my first magic system so it was nothing flashy. The first time I found an Aura Node through the thaumometer was something special though. It was so pretty, and though it may have been just a ball light it represented so much more. I'll even admit I teared up a bit as I realized I was actually doing magic. I saved it in a jar and put it on a pedestal in my warehouse for nostalgia.
>>
>>48369601
>I'll even admit I teared up a bit as I realized I was actually doing magic.
Faaaaaaag
>>
>>48369366
Hogwarts. I cracked open my textbooks first day and experimented with some simple things, like the wand lighting spell. It was really fun, I was at the right age when Harry Potter came out so I really got attached to the wish to go to Hogwarts, so it was a little childhood dream fulfilled.
>>
>>48369601
>Thaumcraft from minecraft was my first magic system so it was nothing flashy.
You don't know what thaumcraft can do at the higher levels.
>>
>>48369619
They asked about the first time, but yeah I'm fully aware of all the cool stuff it can do later on.
>>
Is there any reason I shouldn't obliterate the entirety of Nazrick?
>>
>>48369354
So Dark Wisdom would let me, as DnD sorcerer, have more spells known?

Excellente
>>
>>48369652
They set up a utopian society?
>>
>>48369666
No, they don't.
>>
>>48369671
Yeah they do, have you read any of it? You should.
>>
>>48369671
Stop lying to yourself and those around you.
>>
>>48369662
That's not what he said at all, though. You could study Cure (X) and add it in as a Spell Known (like a Dragon or Bard can already do), but it'd still take up one of your Spell Known slots, and it doesn't say it gives you any extra.
>>
>>48369666
Yeah, by torturing or killing anyone who isn't going to be a part of it.
>>
>>48367929

Overlord (LN/M/A)
> Age: 20 [Rolled10] (1/4/5)
> Location: Dragonic Kingdom [Rolled8]
> Local [Get a Freebie!]
> Race: Automaton [-200CP]
> Origin: Drop In [Get a Freebie!]
> Tolerance For Evil [Get a Freebie!]
> Personal Inventory (DX) [-100CP]
> Themed Aesthetics [Get a Freebie!]
> Shared Language [Got a Tempjob!]
> Innate Talent
> + Omnidextrous [Get a Freebie!]
> + Golden Mind [-100CP]
> + Magic Learning Affinity [-100CP]
> + Identify Talents [Get a Freebie!]
> + Martial Arts Prodigy [-100CP]
> + Use Any Magic Item [-100CP]
> + Bestiary Knowledge [Get a Freebie!]
> The Realm of Heroes [Get a Freebie!]
> Class Skills, Drop-In
> + Rogue [Get a Freebie!]
> Skillful Acquisitions [-200CP]
> Dark Wisdom [-400CP]
> Golden Coins [Get a Freebie!]
> Medium Tier Equipment [Get a Freebie!]
> A Local Hero [Get a Freebie!]
> Foreigner [+100CP]
> Sub-par Equipment [+200CP]

>>48369188
>>48369209
I flipflop a lot, and I could probably afford it by dropping Automaton and taking Rival Player, but.
Truth is, I don't like jacking up for battle. I like to jack OTHER people up and have THEM battle.
... I mean, I'm always saying I'm the final boss. Not Mid or Penultimate. You do know what "Final" means, right?

So, here I took a Golem from Bartimaeus Cycle, dressed him up in face-concealing fullplate, and paraded him around as a legendary knight. I was his "sidekick", despite being in charge.

... also,
> Automaton
> Omnidextrous
> Golden Mind
My mental reflexes must be SICK.
>>
>>48369695
Oh...

Well then fuck.
>>
>>48369662
Yes, it would.
>>48369695
>>48369705
Dark Wisdom specifically overrides all limits on maximum spells known.
>>
>>48369695
>You now possess the ability
to learn any number of spells, regardless of normal restrictions or the normal limits of your mind and memory,

It literally does let you go past spell slots.
>>
>>48369495
Is Abyss of Magic intended to work on all magic or just Overlord magic? Also the wording is a bit ambiguous. Does it increase your reserves of magic and the potency of your spells, while allowing you to optionally charge them up even more?
>>
>>48369714
Would it also work with d&d psionics?
>>
>>48369723
In your chain, is "D&D psionics" magic?
>>
>>48369702
If you are an enemy or you break the laws then of course you will get fucked up. Ainz has a carrot and stick approach, do your job and follow the laws and you will be happy as can be, break the law or harm his country and you are getting sent straight to demiurges farm.
>>
File: 1468955474385.gif (1MB, 500x281px) Image search: [Google]
1468955474385.gif
1MB, 500x281px
>>48369366
It was Jump 3, Final Fantasy Tactics Advance. It's a pretty good starter magic system. Not a lot of flex to it, mind you, but easy to learn with short incantations and clear-cut mana system.

Started off as a Black Mage, which was all kinds of awesome. The picture is very much what was going through my mind at the time. In actuality, it was a lot less impressive than that, just me tossing fireballs and icicle lances at targets, but it felt like so much more to me.

Probably because it was the realization of everything I had hoped for in my life up to that point. Pokemon were awesome, and electrical powers were neat, but I had built magic up in my head to be a thing I could never truly have. Then, suddenly, there I was, calling form elemental forces with a wave of my hand and shouted series of words.

It was a big moment for me.
>>
>>48369735
I don't think he actually does any oversight for that farm. He's basically "Wait, you're doing what? I just don't want to think about it whatever."
>>
>>48369754
The farm is basically hell that is run by second best son, it makes for a good stick. Nobody wants to go there.
>>
>>48369723
Psionics are not magic, so no.
>>
>>48369423
What about Talimonger, would that mostly circumvent the issue of a limited mana pool for a warrior with magic caster class skills?
>>
>>48369774
Well then, there is still Erudite.

Sorcerer with dark wisdom... Glorious.
>>
>>48367929
Build:

>Re-Estrize
>Male
>31
>Local
>Human
>Warrior

>Tolerance For Evil - 0
>Shared Language - 0
>Themed Aesthetics - 0

>Martial Arts Prodigy - 0
>Magical Powerhouse - 0
>Detect Magic Power - 0
>Use Any Magic Item - 100

>Realm Of Heroes - 0
>Level One Hundred - 600
>Damage Focused - 0
>Defense Focused - 50
>Magic Warrior - 50
>World Champion - 300
>Arcane Caster - 100
>Divine Caster - 100
>Dark Wisdom - 400

>Divine-tier Equipment -0

>Rival Player + 300
>Foreigner + 100
>Embroiled In Politics + 200

Okay, I need to drop 100 CP. Someone help. What do.

Also, Brellin, how big of a boost is World Champion to your physical abilities when not in combat?
>>
File: smile.jpg (13KB, 236x200px) Image search: [Google]
smile.jpg
13KB, 236x200px
>>48369652
Because they're total pushovers for Momonga, and if you move fast and play your cards right you can manipulate them to your advantage at several removes by influencing his style of leadership.

>>48369704
Hey, same here. I chose my magic specs to be able to churn out loads of summons, and then buff 'em while I go and grab a soda or something.

Trouble is I'm...still kinda undecided what my regular summons are actually gonna be. Angels are kinda derpy looking there, and I don't wanna summon Shub-Niggurith's spawn for obvious reasons.

That's these things, by the way: http://overlordmaruyama.wikia.com/wiki/Dark_Young?file=Dark_Young.png
>>
>>48369803
Erudite STP lets you learn and use magic as psionics, but you're still using psionics.
>>
>>48367929
Glorious Automation body for the win!

Overlord (LN/M/A) Jump:
CP: 1000
Drawback:
Powerless [+600]
Rival Guild [+200]
Race: Angel (Player) [Free]
Origin: Magic User
Perks:
Tolerance for Evil [Free]
Personal Inventory [-50]
Themed Ascetics [-50]
The 42nd Supreme Being [-1000]
Level One-Hundred [Free]
Class Skills, Magic User (Talisman Mage) [Free]
The Abyss of Magic [-300]
Gear:
Medium Tier Equipment [Free]
Legendary Tier Equipment [Free]
The Ring of Elru [-400]
The Ring of Ainz Ooal Gown [Free]
Companions [-200]:
Homunculus Maid [Free]
Custom NPC (Rikku) [Free]

Klein (Local Human Warrior) [400]
Perks:
Themed Ascetics [Free]
Innate Talent (Use Any Magical Item) [Free, Human]
Innate Talent (Martial Arts Prodigy) [Free, Double Discount]
The Realm of Heroes [Free]
Class Skills, Warrior (Damage Focused, Defense Focused, Magic Warrior) [-100]
World Champion [-300]
Gear:
Legacy Tier Equipment [Free]

Rikku (Doppelganger Drop-In) [400]
Perks:
Personal Inventory (Upgraded) [Free]
Themed Ascetics (Upgraded) [Free]
Level One-Hundred [Free]
Class Skills, Drop-In (Ranger, Rouge, Sorcerer Swordsman) [-100]
Skillful & Resourceful [-100]
Skillful Acquisitions [-200]
Gear:
Legendary Tier Equipment [Free]

Waddle Dee (Local Human Magic User) [400]
Perks:
Themed Ascetics [Free]
Innate Talent (Use Any Magical Item) [Free, Human]
Innate Talent (Alchemist) [Free, Magic Caster]
Innate Talent (Enhanced Summoning) [Free, Summoning Specialist]
The Realm of Heroes [Free]
Class Skills, Magic Caster (Talisman Mage) [Free]
Specific Specialization (Summoning) [-100]
The Abyss of Magic [-300]
Gear:
Legacy Tier Equipment [Free]

All of my spells are going to be themed as Super Sci-Fi Ultra-Tech and I'm going to cruse around in a body that looks like more like a male version of KOS-MOS. It's gonna be great! Also, if I get around to it, Gamma's gear is totally being commandeered.
>>
>>48369816
But that way you can also have psionics and learn em all...

...actually, question:

Could you use Real Eater to make Dark Wisdom work with Psionics/ESP things, keeping the spells learned when it was regular dark wisdom and then use it again to change it back to magic
>>
>>48369851
>It cannot change the source of a power, like turning a magicbased skill into a kibased one.
Does no one read the perk? Ever?
>>
>>48369889
It's not power source. It doesn't affect which pool of power fuels the ability, it changes what abilities you can use/learn
>>
>>48369824
You only get 100 for Powerless if you take Level 100, and 42nd Supreme Being comes with Level 100. But 42nd Supreme Being is also now only 800 CP for some unknowable reason, so you're good.
>>
>>48369900
It changes it from a magic based perk to a psionic one. Or was everytime using it on Conjoined Conjures got shot down somehow not convincing enough?
>>
>>48369704
A Local Hero -
> Import: Vee
> Race: Slime [-200CP]
> Origin: Magic Caster
> Innate Talent
> + Enhanced Healing Magic [-100CP]
> + Alchemist [FreeCP]
> The Realm of Heroes [FreeCP]
> Class Skills, Drop In
> + Bard [-100CP]
> Class Skills, Magic Caster
> + Divine Caster [FreeCP]
> Dark Wisdom [-200CP]
> Alchemist's Laboratory [FreeCP]
> Legacy Tier Equipment [FreeCP]

As part of my ongoing effort to prune my companions list (particularly of the "never show up in actual jumps" variety), I've taken to going back and importing companions where free to do so, as opposed to just making new companions wholesale.
Still haven't gone back and redone Naruto yet. Not lookin forward to that.

Anyway, the goto imports are Vee and Vera, with Vee taking precedence, because he's an actual companion as opposed to Vera, who is a drawback.
Vee is my precious adorable wonderful lovable PMD Partner, and far nicer than I.

Anyway, imports are kindof interesting, because they make me think, "What would THEY pick, given the option?"
Vera tends more towards hero and plot grabs. She'd totally buy a keyblade and feel important about it. It's a plot token! That means it MUST be good!
But Vee is more cool-headed than that.

Somehow, I always imagine him looking over the options really carefully, taking note of all the warnings, and then choosing seemingly innocuous options that don't seem like that big a deal.

Almost like he's hiding something.
>>
>>48369900
If you can't turn a magic based ability into a ki based one, what makes you think you can turn a magic based ablity into a psionics based one?
>>
File: 1243644466540.jpg (26KB, 629x464px)
1243644466540.jpg
26KB, 629x464px
>>48369188
>>48369209
I bought it because... well I just like being neat with magic.
>>
>>48369909
Apologies honest mistake!
>>
Is there any way to survive the 800 CP Powerless drawback without Level 100?
>>
>>48368361
This is a great idea! I'll just use your set up.

>>48369994
Stealth and friends?
>>
>>48368589
Standing upon heaven, so I can just chillax on top of water? On I can Do Kung Fu, can we please buy it multiple times? Used to be somebody feels more like a 600cp perk than 800 even if it does give you experience/contacts, especially since it comes with enemies included. So killer rep is an intimidation perk? On dance of success, do we see increased effectiveness if performed on television or some other medium that reaches a wider audience? As for the scenario...seems to be not worth it as it is right now. Instead of The Demon or Demon Brothers as companions it feels more like after the conditions you went through you'd gain enlightenment. Or an old kung fu master aura that everyone picks up on, even if you're a kid next jump.
>>
>>48369994
> 800 CP
I guess take Rival as opposed to Wrath, buddy up to Ainz, and never leave Nazarick?
Even then, because they're comparable in strength, it might be a 50/50 shot. But it seems like hiding behind Ainz-sama the whole jump would be the way to go.
>>
>>48369912
>Naruto
Import 8 companions as Uchiha.
>>
>>48369456
A while back some people wanted to suggest this but you weren't around, any chance of a +0 drawback exclusive to 42nd that makes the jumper the one Albedo gets yandere as fuck over?
>>
File: Izumi.Konata.600.222809.jpg (46KB, 208x600px) Image search: [Google]
Izumi.Konata.600.222809.jpg
46KB, 208x600px
>>48370116
Nah.
See, that would cost points, and I NEVER. Pay. To import.

Ever.

So, I'll just take the two freebies I get for being part of a ninja team.
But, besides that, if I wanted edgy eyes, I'd just steal from Danzo. He's got a ton of them.

>>48369812
Is... is it weird that I think they're kindof adorable?
>>
>>48370161
You could already do that though.
>>
>>48369456
Please don't include this drawback >>48370161 , anon is trying to force his fetish on you of NTRing Ainz.
>>
>>48370176
How, you start after editing NPCs stops being possible.
>>
File: nope.jpg (18KB, 344x344px) Image search: [Google]
nope.jpg
18KB, 344x344px
>>48370161
>>48370187
Not this shit again.
>>
>>48370216
It wouldn't be necessary if that anon didn't arrive to try and force his fetish again.
>>
>>48370175
Nope they are cute, thats why Im getting a small one as my summoned steed.
>>
>>48370187
>>48370222
Please fucking kill yourself. You are almost as bad a cancer as the narutofags.
>>
>>48370222
>>48370234
You both suck equally.
>>
>>48370234
Blame the person who dragged it up by trying to force his fetish on a jumpmaker again.
>>
>>48370161
Seconded, not because I want it (fuck yanderes with spikes) but in the hope that it'll make >>48370187 ragequit the thread.
>>
>>48370161
Do not do this.
>>
>>48370242
Are you legitimately saying that this >>48370244 isn't a fucking cancer on the face of jumpchain that must be excised? How the fuck do you come to the conclusion that , as bad as he is, people that want him to shit the fuck up and leave forever are JUST AS BAD?
>>
>>48370256
Oh hey, it's that guy that advocates bad decisions to spite random internet people.
>>
>>48370261
Anon is saying you are just as bad for trying to drag your fetish into this thread.
>>
>>48370256
Thirded. Fuck him.
>>
>>48370256
>>48370269
I will agree to anything to spite this faggot.
>>
>>48370303
>>48370283
Anon please, it's so obvious you're enraged and responding to yourself out of hatred that people don't want your fetish in the jump.
>>
>>48369456
Yeah dont do the stupid shit posted here please.
>>48370161
>>
>>48370283
>>48370303
The anon trying to push their fetish in the thread is clearly samefagging.
>>
This conversation makes me feel like I have schizophrenia.
>>
What the fuck is wrong with you idiots? I thought jumpchain was better than CYOA gen.
>>
>>48370322
Ok, you're literally just a troll. Got it.
>>
>>48370344
It's a shitstorm for the sake of shitstorming. The individuals involved are just making noise to make this place unpalatable. Pay it no mind.
>>
>>48370344
We're not. We're far worse. That's why we have rules against lewd content, because otherwise this would be every thread forever.
>>
>>48370345
But that's you, honey.
>>
>>48370344
We are, and I'm trying as hard as I can to make sure it stays that way by making sure anon's fetish stays out of the jump.
>>
>>48370363
I know you're falseflagging me, but I really don't care since anything making the subject toxic, which anything mentioning that fetish should be, is just as likely to help as anybody trying to be reasonable with his insane ilk.
>>
>>48370344

>better than CYOA gen

We're much more angry and spiteful that's for sure
>>
>>48370405
hohohohoho
>>
>>48370405
Shit no man, when they get going they're way worse about spite and hate.
>>
>>48370344
We're not better, anon. Just worse in different ways.
>>
File: 1265784010910.jpg (14KB, 275x175px) Image search: [Google]
1265784010910.jpg
14KB, 275x175px
>>
>>48370382
Spongebob gets by with its super homoerotic drawback why can't this one have a drawback that actually makes the setting interesting?
>>
File: image.png (4MB, 5500x3508px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
4MB, 5500x3508px
>>48370330
Anon, some fetishes are okay.

As long as they involve best girl
>>
>>48370344
We are, that is not to say that we are anywhere near a pleasant bunch but Gen actually manages to be even worse.
>>
>>48370382
>Deliberately and knowingly shitposting
Oh yeah, that settles it, if there's any chance of this drawback making it in the jump, I'm in support of it now.

>>48370433
>Falseflagging
And you had the gull to pretend like someone was falseflagging you.
>>
File: pocky.gif (207KB, 499x280px)
pocky.gif
207KB, 499x280px
>>48370430
>>
I'm so tempted to go back and edit my jumps to add in +0CP drawbacks where you wind up with the hero's love interests just to fuck with this guy.
>>
>>48370448
What's the least sexy Cultist-chan I've ever seen.
>>
>>48370430
Something something red.
Something something irc.
Insult to your sexuality.
Something about nerfs.
>>
>>48370457
>edit my jumps
List them or get the fuck out with that bullshit.
>>
>>48370457
He deserves some kind of special hell. Just that isn't enough, it needs to be tailor made and exclusive to that motherfucker.
>>
>>48370457

Do it, it would be hilarious.
>>
>>48370457
>implying you have ever made jumps.

Prove it faggot.
>>
>>48370466
Are you even paying attention to what this stupid argument is about?
>>
>>48370451
Do you mean gall?
>>
File: image.jpg (613KB, 800x1138px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
613KB, 800x1138px
>>48370460
Nah, that would be this:
>>
>>48370457
Even if you do, the thread will never accept you pushing your fetish here.
>>
>>48370451
>And you had the gull to pretend like someone was falseflagging you.
Not even him faggot.
>>
File: gull.jpg (54KB, 900x900px) Image search: [Google]
gull.jpg
54KB, 900x900px
>>48370492
>>
>All these samefags pushing their fetish in the thread
>>
>>48370523
Science has gone too far.
>>
It's hilarious when the thread argues so much about something that they get pissed at people on their side because they think they may be false flagging.
>>
How much do you guys bet that anti-fetish shitposter just scatavore with a new attack vector
>>
Help me out here.

If this drawback did exist, how would it be NTR? If you were the one to edit Albedo's file as opposed to Ainz, then she would have never been with Ainz to begin with.

If Ainz is never part of the equation, it can't be NTR.
>>
>>48370541
You're cucking the canon
>>
File: 1389941406839.png (451KB, 791x534px) Image search: [Google]
1389941406839.png
451KB, 791x534px
>>48370461
Something something self-depreciation
Something something flimsy justification
Something passive aggressiveness something
Bluh bluh, huge bitch, bluh bluh.
>>
>>48370538
I'd bet 1000 CP, and win too.
>>
>>48370541
It doesn't matter, anon. He's going to bitch and whine and samefag until he gets his way because he's an asshole, and no logic can hope to stop it.
>>
>>48370551
Isn't that literally everything a jumper ever does?
>>
>>48370451
But I'm not. I'm telling you I don't care if he does.

And his reasoning he just provided for you is that he thinks this drawback would make the setting 'interesting'. Tell me he's not just doing it for his fetish.
>>
>>48370572
And that's why being the jumper is worst fetish
>>
>>48370541
It's not NTR.

The cuck meme cannot be stopped though. It's just a useless fucking word that gets thrown around to derail any and all arguments that arise.
>>
File: 1467883905056.gif (1MB, 294x253px) Image search: [Google]
1467883905056.gif
1MB, 294x253px
I really need more reaction images.
>>
>>48370555
HEY RED. THERE WAS A RELATIVELY CIVIL CONVERSATION EARLIER IN THE THREAD ABOUT WARFRAME THAT YOU MIGHT BE INTERESTED IN.
>>
>>48370551
Oh, that reminds me of the time I hooked up with Hermione in the Harry Potter Jump, and got to take her with me as a companion because of it. Poor Ron, he never even realized they were meant to be together. He even congratulated me and was the best man at our wedding.

Good times.
>>
>>48370575
Anon, if his fetish was cucking, he'd just do it in canon, because that's actually canon. Making it so the feelings never happen isn't.
>>
>>48370538
I'm betting scatovore is the guy who keeps going on about how he's totally gonna put this in all his jumps now.
>>
>>48370591
How dare you bring sense into this? Fuck off.
>>
>>48370587
>Hermione
Worst girl.
>>
>>48370593
Yeah, no, I'm not falling for it. There's only one anti-fetish poster, and he's the same guy as antired.
>>
>>48370541
The only reason to put it in would be to take her away from Ainz, because that's your fetish.

>>48370591
See above. He knows what happened in canon, so he's doing it with the above motivation.
>>
>>48370585
this is my most favorite reaction image of all time.

I entrust it to you
>>
>>48370605
If he never has her in the canon of the jump, you're not taking her away from him.
>>
>>48370591
To be fair if they took the time to load up on chatisma perks they ould probably get her to love them in 10 years.
>>
>>48370603
Where's your proof anon-dono?
>>
>>48370593
No, Red's cool in my book.
>>
>>48370605
Anon, if he wants to "take her away from Ainz" he doesn't need a drawback to do so.
>>
>>48370617
>>48370605
How about the fact that none of your posts are less than a minute apart?
>>
>>48370613
But it was in the LN, and you're taking it in the jump to steal her from Ainz.

>>48370623
This is true. Which is another reason why him demanding it be a drawback is ridiculous.
>>
>>48370616
My point.
>>
>>48370616
Nah, it's hard coded into her to love Ainz. He literally brings up her file when they're still in Yggdrasil and changes it. So I don't think that charismamancy is the answer.

All the same, though, if there were a 0 point drawback that let you be the one to be the focus of that code change then I still maintain that it isn't NTR.
>>
>>48370631
I'm asking for proof here that it's scatovore. I'm not seeing any posts complaining about Red here, by anyone.
>>
>>48370639
She's not a lesbian from Dodgeball.
>>
File: hermione.jpg (462KB, 1280x800px) Image search: [Google]
hermione.jpg
462KB, 1280x800px
>>48370601
>implying
>>
>>48370639
Its coded but the npcs can learn and change now, people can fall out of love. Hearts change.
>>
>>48370634
The events of the jump will supersede the canon of the LN from the moment you arrive. Which means, again, if she's never his then its never NTR.

If you want to be technical, that zero point drawback is the only way to ensure that NTR can't happen. If Ainz is never with her, he can't be cucked.

Ergo, the zero point drawback in question defends against cuckoldry.
>>
>>48370634
I honestly can't tell if you're a troll or if you're just stupid, but I'm going to assume you're a troll, because I already hate people too much to pile on this stupidity.

>>48370639
Get the perk from PSG that lets people overcome stuff like that?
>>
>>48370643
Because scatavore hasn't been getting as many its with the antired parade lately, so he needs a new method to ruin the thread with colossal shitposting. You proved quite effective at it for a while too, but you stand out too much now that it's come forward that the post timers show you up as a single person.
>>
>>48370662
Who is this transvestite donkey witch?
>>
>>48370662
Not helping your point, anon.
>>
File: 1451431414982.png (410KB, 641x1280px) Image search: [Google]
1451431414982.png
410KB, 641x1280px
>>48370586
Eh. I didn't see much there. Just kind of back-and-forth on what people's definition of chainbreaking is. There wasn't really any point to bringing it up, it looked like the Overlord update took it over.

Even then, what would I even contribute to it? I've already given my reasoning and my uncertainty to it, I didn't see much that would convince me me otherwise... so meh? Besides, we seem to be a bit too busy trying to protect the sanctity of skellies for some reason, so I don't really feel like trying to divert the topic to myself.

To apologize for the crummy post, have an Arcanine gijinka.
>>
>>48370673
But you as a jumper are aware of the events of the LN.
>>
File: 1459329334300.jpg (294KB, 612x782px) Image search: [Google]
1459329334300.jpg
294KB, 612x782px
>>48370448
Both Heretical and Shit taste
Anon, how can you fail this hard?
>>
>>48370686
He phoneposts, anon. He'd have zero reason to sit here and wait for the post timer.
>>
>>48370587
I might have knocked her up. So yeah, join the club
>>
>>48370696
As long as you get to someone before they get together with their canon love interest it's not NTR. Therefore, by preventing them from ever getting together you ensure you can never NTR him.
>>
>>48370696
You're aware that a lonely NEET accidentally mindraped someone into loving him? Good for you.
>>
>>48370696
Not necessarily. You're assuming that your jumper has perfect or at least passing knowledge of jumps and universes before jumping them.

That's a narrative choice you can make, but not something that enforced by the rules of jumpchain. There are plenty of people who jump blind.

You are literally the only thing making this, indeed forcing the possibility of, as stated in my earlier post, NTR.

I'm sorry anon, but you are the cuck.
>>
File: 1432083636044.gif (371KB, 500x375px)
1432083636044.gif
371KB, 500x375px
What's the best conduit power to receive?
>>
>>48370695
There was a valid argument in there by one anon to basically say that sentient tech would still be damaged by stuff like Sting, and so if you'd get it all you'd get is something not-actually-invincible.

There was also some agreement at the end that high durability isn't chainbreaking, but that's not too relevant.
>>
>>48370729
Video is the most versatile and Electrokinesis is the most powerful, and also can potentially time travel.
>>
>>48370695
Skeletons are people too red.
>>
>>48370754
>Video
But anon.

Anon.

I don't want to kill the radio star.
>>
>>48370729
Crucible.
>>
>>48370729
Neon can be fun, it can make you Mr. Fahrenheit.
>>
>>48370729
If you go with the interpretation that you only receive the powers listed? Electricity.

If you go with the interpretation that you can become as powerful as the characters depicted in the games? Video.
>>
>>48370721
If you knowingly break up a canon relationship, even from taking a drawback that does so, just to snag them for yourself, then it's NTR.

>>48370724
>Not necessarily.
You're in this thread, talking to me. You know.
>>
>>48370695
I still insist that whatever it is you've banned, from hat I can tell with my current research, it isn't Reality Warping, Time Travel, or Multiversal Navigation, so nothing actually chainbreaking.
>>
>>48370729
I went with Concrete, due to it's abundance, power negation, and shotgun replacement ability. That, and I think it's got some creative uses in terms of weakening concrete
>>
>>48370784
>If you go with the interpretation that you only receive the powers listed?
Does anyone do that?
>>
>>48370804
I don't think so, I know it's been a long time at this point but QS had talked about your Conduit powers growing.
>>
>>48370813
Well QS is gone now, so I'm telling you now that they don't actually grow.
>>
>>48370826
2/10 shitpost. Git gud, scrub.
>>
>>48370791
>if I might one day have a crush on a woman, then I have a right to her!
>you can't date any woman I might date!
>stop NTRing me!
>>
>>48370826
with that interpretation, none of them matter only genetic samples.
>>
>>48370791
You know what, scared!anon? You do you. Your position is fundamentally retarded fundamentalism, but it's your corner so have fun in it. Just know that you are literally the only person in here to think that, and moving ahead jumps will likely include a zero point drawback to replace characters in canon relationships just to spite you.

Shine on you crazy, self-destructive diamond.

Shine on.
>>
File: 1272475911240.jpg (380KB, 500x970px) Image search: [Google]
1272475911240.jpg
380KB, 500x970px
>>48370751
>>48370792
...good for you/them? Trying to go "Oh this one power can beat them so I guess it's totally okay to let them no-sell the other vast majority of powers" doesn't seem like very good jump-building, because that implies enough challenges/enemies will have a power like that. Lot of assumptions there.

>>48370759
Well yeah, but I'll be honest this whole conversation is just silly and unnecessary to me. Every time I heard the word 'cuck' thrown around I keep imagining a rooster in the morning.
>>
>>48370729
Neon. It might not be the strongest, but super speed and fuckoff sniper lasers will never not be useful, and the Neon Lightsaber is a fun Conduit weapon.
>>
>>48370855
>spoiler
Enkidu is an awesome companion, well worth having the rest of Team Manderville tagging along.
>>
>>48370851
>moving ahead jumps will likely include a zero point drawback to replace characters in canon relationships just to spite you.

Bullshit. The only makers we have left avoid shit like that as if it was the plague.
>>
>>48370855
They still take damage from stuff though. They aren't actually completely invulnerable to damage, at least from a gameplay perspective.
>>
>>48370841
No, it's about the fact that you as a player are intentionally taking them from someone else.

>>48370851
Hate to break it to you bro, but nobody gives a fuck about either side of this. Nobody is going to do anything to spite me or you because they don't care, don't want to be involved, and don't want to drag it up again in the future. So don't toot your own horn, anon.
>>
>>48370855
Tauros can surf?
>>
>>48370888
You know what? Maybe you're right. I'm not saying I'm a jump maker. Hell, I'll save you the trouble and say I'm not a jump maker.

All I'm saying is that there will be jumps in the future that will have that as an option.

I get that feeling.

I guarantee it.
>>
>>48370899
Rhydon, a rock/ground type, can surf.
>>
>>48370888
There's a number of Jumps that let you stand in for a canon character. If so, guess whose dick the hero's canon love interest is going to be riding.
>>
>>48370705
You could say it's a giant Heresy
>>
>>48370915
That's not really what they were talking about. They mean something more specific, which is spun off of some particular anon's delusional revenge fantasy and projecting how much he cares, onto people who largely don't and want to never be involved in this crap.
>>
>>48370896
I'm not intentionally taking them from anyone. I'm taking them before anyone else gets them. If it was about taking I'd wait until they were in a relationship and then move in with my charisma and harem perks.
>>
>>48370887
Enkidu is simply the best. Yes.

>>48370915
What surprises me is there's been complaints about all this... yet this guy has never, not once, gone after the various canon companions options. I mean, think of how many relationships you could be shattering with those purchases, ripping them away from the world. And we don't hear a peep.
>>
>>48370915
This right here>>48370936
>>
>>48370855
It also isn't good jumpmaking to hardcap things on the basis of inter-jump balance either though. Especially when the basis of argument in favor of inter-jump balance is called into question as well.

As far as I can tell, what you're banning is nowhere near strong enough to justify being locked off like this.
>>
>>48369503
Then you'd have the spells and the skills, but your build wouldn't be optimized for it (cause you're a warrior, not a magic caster).

>>48369510

Pretty quickly. I mean that's assuming you've got a spell scroll or a teacher right there to learn from. If you had to research them yourself it would still take you a while.

>>48369517
Yeah, Abyss of Magic says that. Unified Focus doesn't. Unified Focus is literally tying your magical 'strength' to your physical strength. You spells would be more powerful, but you wouldn't nessesarily be able to cast any more of them than you could previously. Like the example with Ulbert in canon large magical potency does not equal large reserves of mana.

>>48369652
Depends. The first question would obviously be do you really want to tangle with a group of people with 11+ reality warping World Items and a slew of extremely high level combatants. The second question would be 'couldn't you mitigate the problems Nazarick causes via talking to Momonga and convincing him to do things differently'.

>>48369662
Yes.

>>48369702
Not really? The city they actually control in canon, E-Rantel, is safe, clean, and none of the citizens are being oppressed or killed out of hand. Even the surrounding countryside is now safe enough that people don't need to worry about monster attacks.
>>
>>48370950
Yeah, seriously. Hey, NTRAnon, why aren't you bitching that the Undertale Jump lets you snag Undyne for some s/u/shi?
>>
>>48370950
My guess is that Albedo is his waifu, and he doesn't want anyone else to touch her.
>>
>>48370950
Because that's not an inherent aspect of the purchase. They can be used that way, but they're not included for the sole sake of facilitating it. I've said before that I don't even care if an anon does so on their own. I just take issue with this anon wanting his fetish codefied specifically in a drawback.
>>
>>48370936
Speak for yourself.
>>
>>48370963
It is equivelant to every single perk in the jump anon plus bonuses.
>>
>>48370988
Yes anon, you are totally a jumpmaker though you won't name any of your jumps. You want to include a drawback solely to get back at some anon that might not even be here at that point or hell, might not actually care themselves because they're shitposting, all to compromise your vision of the setting and cause shitstorms to potentially coalesce around your jump for zero actual benefit.
>>
>>48370972
Earlier you mentioned that buying a class gets you all its skills, spells, etc, etc.

So does that mean that if you go Caster and pick up Arcane and Divine that you're only 50 and 50 or does this fall under the same caveat that your heteromorphic races clause?

I'm trying to make a stupid maxed out caster, basically, and being able to have the full range of both magic styles is really appealing.

So is it like D&D where a 20th level character would be 10/10 cleric/wizard or is it something else?

Also, is there a resource somewhere that details what different classes have what for skills and abilities? Not necessarily spells, mind you, but the other stuff that goes along with classes.
>>
File: image.png (432KB, 914x1000px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
432KB, 914x1000px
Got a question involving what counts as a companion that needs to be imported.

Say for instance I created things, unholy mixtures of biology,technology, and magic. Lets say they were sentient enough to hold a meaningful conversation with and were unbreakably loyal to me, their creator.

Do I NEED to import them with my cp to have them? I mean their basically living weapons. Would it be frowned upon if I say kept then with me, without importing them? They would get no benefits of course, no freebies no alt forms no nothing.

Is it too fanwanky?
>>
>>48370993
And no one is asking to be given it. They ask not to be completely hardcapped. What, do you not understand what that means?
>>
>>48371042
You never need to import companions to take them with you, only to give them backgrounds, points, and perks.
>>
>>48370972
Any thoughts on >>48369994?
>>
>>48371045
Not hard-locking something is the equivalent of getting it for free though.
>>
>>48371042
Any sapient being you create counts as a companion. Companions never need to be imported to bring them into a jump, that's just to give them extras. So you're completely fine, anon. Enjoy roaming around with a pack of abominations.
>>
>>48371045
And the maker has already given reasons and a lot of others also have as to why it should stay capped. What, do you not understand what that means? It means stop whining about it especially when you can give no reason to change that.
>>
>>48370972
Is there any psionics equivalent of Dark Wisdom around?
>>
>>48370448
Oh...

Anons, how do I make my companions that size? I need to know for reasons
>>
>>48371045
>but inter jump balance is a bad reason!
>intra jump balance is also a bad reason!
>Do what I say or else Im gonna sjitpost for an hour!
>>
File: 1422939650530.jpg (172KB, 749x938px)
1422939650530.jpg
172KB, 749x938px
>>48371045
>>48370963
Still not gonna risk it, anon. Plus I'm always wrong anyway so what does it matter?

But hey, no one said you had to follow that cap, if you want to ignore it then I can't really stop you. It's your chain, you do you.
>>
>>48369722
You can overcharge any of your spells, not just Overlord spells. However the increased magical potency (which is separate from Overcharging), and increased mana reserves only apply to Overlord stuff unless you mix magic systems with some other perk. Like, for example, conjoined conjures.

>>48369735
To be fair Ainz doesn't actually know what is on Demiurge's farm. He's under the impression Demiurge is farming chimera's, not people.

>>48369779
So long as you take the time and resources to make talismans ahead of time, yeah. But then that would work for pure magic casters as well, obviously.

>>48369806
Outside of combat World Champion is just a strait skill boost or, if you're good at strategy or tactics, potentially precog (so long as it's precog for combat, like a war or something). In combat you start seeing strength, agility, and speed boosts the longer you fight and the more enemies you're fighting.
>>
>>48370855
>spoiler
I laughed, and immediately thought of this:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D9izSl9euRc
>>
File: image.png (169KB, 670x360px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
169KB, 670x360px
>>48371048
>>48371077
Are...are you serious? Damn. thank you both so much for telling me I really appreciate it, I feel like an idiot right now. But this seriously helps me out a lot.
>>
Hey, does anyone who knows Overlord know if Super Moves can do utility shit like healing the wounded, bypassing dungeons, or constructing fortresses? If not, are they at least strictly better than magic at actual combat shit?
>>
>>48371167
Wish probably could do it but it costs xp to use.
>>
I never understood how Red could convince herself that any kind of ban or nerf wouldn't cause shitposting compared to just not doing it. She justified herself by saying that fewer people got angry over it when she gives a gimped version of it instead of just hardcapping it in its entirety.

I can't get into her mindset on this.

Does she care about what the thread thinks, or not? Does she take criticism to heart on it, or not? Has she ever considered just not hardcapping things? That maybe people would actually be happy not being given things and actually being allowed but forced to make their own way?

It's a total enigma to me. An impenetrable mystery. Incomprehensible.
>>
Dont reply to it just report and move on.
>>
>>48369824
Your pricing is a bit off. Powerless only gives you 100cp if you have level 100, which you do since you took 42nd Supreme Being (which you short changed yourself on, since it's 800cp now not 1000cp). Also your starting location is the throne room of Nazarick, not wherever else. Companions also 600cp now, not 400cp. Also you spent 2000cp.
>>
>>48371207
I will, and you should too. Unfortunately, I don't think you can report yourself, though maybe you should try it.
>>
>>48371191
Listening to the thread is generally counterproductive to making quality Jumps. It's good for not making shit jumps, but that's about it.
>>
>>48371121
Well giving Growth from YJ with Sacrificial Bestowment from SMT can get them up to 300 feet but a companion large enough to balance a 40K ship on one toe is. . . Well they would certainly be good at getting rid of unwanted cities. . .
>>
>>48371191
Look, just don't go to Warframe. I'm not going either because of the hardcap, you don't need to harp on it to protest inter-jump balance, just ignore the jumps that have it or ignore the dumb rulings if you want to visit the settings.
>>
>>48371121
Ask Spyro.
>>
>>48371235
pretty sure Red can get that big, but then I'm pretty sure Red has taken every stature(and appearance) enhancement perk in the chain.
>>
>>48371208
Does Use Any Magic Item work on anything? Mjolnir?
>>
>all these sad fuckers clamoring for Albedo
Uh huh, you have fun with that. Aura and Mare are where it's at, though.
>>
>>48371293
Down with elves.
>>
>>48371208
Would Omnidexterous be helpful for doing something like the Paths of Pain from Naruto?
>>
>>48371128
Sorry. I really like your jumps, but it just really bothers me when hardcaps are a thing introduced in jumps, so I'll take you up on that offer.
>>
>>48371293
>Aura and Mare
There is something about matched pairs, isn't there?
>>
>>48371316
You don't like her jumps.
>>
>>48371128
I don't even particularly give a shit, I'm not visiting Warframe. I just have an issue with the justification given that I honestly feel that the power being blocked isn't great enough to ban.

It's something even mid-tier jumpers can out do for fucks sake.
>>
>>48371264
Red should just make Attack on Titan jump
>>
>>48371369
Mid tier jumpers have lots of out of context powers. By its self the tech makes everything in the setting a useless buy and if you don't cap it tera and others will use it as an excuse to get it free in jump.
>>
File: 1389974856669.jpg (19KB, 460x230px) Image search: [Google]
1389974856669.jpg
19KB, 460x230px
>>48371191
>Does she care about what the thread thinks, or not?
Sure, I just stop caring when after I give reasonings for things and they decide to turn around and paint me as a shitlord for it.

>Does she take criticism to heart on it, or not?
When it makes sense and isn't just "You suck, you're wrong, give us things for free", because guess what? That's not criticism that can be used.

>Has she ever considered just not hardcapping things?
I might have considered it, if people didn't turn and start clawing my eyes out at the slightest offense.

>That maybe people would actually be happy not being given things and actually being allowed but forced to make their own way?
Tried that for Bayonetta and God of War. Guess what? I still got shat on.

But hey, you keep going on about how I'm ruining jumpchain and never pay attention. I'm sure that will get me to listen to every word and go back to let everyone get access to every broken thing around.

>>48371316
I wouldn't have hardcapped the Sentients, except the devs decided to make them the most horseshit thing around. You've still got a version as one of the Drop-In capstones, you can still be a mini-Sentient. But like I said, you don't actually have to listen to me. So you do whatever, it's your chain.

>>48371338
Can we not? People are allowed to like a part of one thing and not like another part of it.

>>48371369
The sheer amount a tried-and-true Sentient gives is pretty miraculous, but honestly? I'm finding myself caring very little lately, especially when I asked for suggestions beforehand, and nobody approached with suggestions. No, instead it's saying how wrong I am instead of sitting down, taking a look at things, looking at what other people have said, and trying to come to a compromise.

>>48371374
I'm pretty sure someone who's actually followed most of the story should make it instead of me.
>>
File: image.jpg (121KB, 508x403px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
121KB, 508x403px
>>48371374
I'm suprised we don't have AoT jump.
>>
>>48371374
Titans are fugly though.
>>
>>48371408
A few attempts have been made, nothing that's reached a finished product.
>>
>>48371416
Not female titan.

Titan shifters have a chance of lookin good
>>
>>48371293
>Liking Elves
Elves are for enslaving not pure love.
>>
>>48371408
It's a Shonen Jump with Shonen powercreep which hasn't had its first post-origin timeskip yet. I think everyone is terrified of the idea of being the next Wakfu.
>>
File: image.jpg (85KB, 426x750px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
85KB, 426x750px
>>48371424
Attack on Train/Kabani of the Iron Fortress would also be awesome jump. It deals with a "zombie" Apocolypse in steampunk feudal japan.
>>
>>48371446
What about using pure love to enslave them?
>>
>>48371473
You don't need pure love for enslaving that's just called making a harem. Which Elves are too dirty to include.
>>
>>48371455
>AoT has shonen powercreep
Not really though? Like, I know it's 'in fashion' and all to talk about things as if everything fits under the shounen umbrella, but AoT really hasn't had much power creep at all. It's had some twists for sure (Good and bad ones) but this sort of exaggeration is really just silly.
>>
>>48371405
Please understand, I'm not actually taking Sentient tech.

I'll ignore the limitation in my chain, but I'll not actually take advantage of it, simply on principal of not liking being hardcapped on what I can do given effort even if I stay within the presupposed limits of the hardcap.
>>
>>48371489
We're just gonna have to agree to disagree. Aura and Mare are top tier harem candidates.
>>
>>48371473
Elves are all inherently submissive, I approve of this.
>>
>>48371494
>I'll ignore the limitation in my chain, but I'll not actually take advantage of it, simply on principal of not liking being hardcapped on what I can do given effort even if I stay within the presupposed limits of the hardcap.
...then what's the fucking point of arguing over it?
>>
>>48371494
So you're just doing this to argue, then.
>>
>>48371500
I would have thought one or the other but. . . they are both cute so fuck it.
>>
File: image.jpg (103KB, 697x1147px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
103KB, 697x1147px
>>48371455
It's 60+% done according to the Mangaka. I doubt there's going to be much of a "power creep" for AoT. Nearly every intelligent Titan seems to be a Titan Shifter. They've also introduced the royal family, the real ones.
>>
>>48371030

So long as you pay-to-win with CP you get to get all the good stuff. None of that half and half shit. Just assume you managed to find a game-breaker/balance-breaker build and then never told anyone about it. That's canonically what Momonga did with the Eclipse class, which is where The Goal of All Life is Death came from.

As for what the classes do specifically beyond what is mentioned in their description, fanwank away. It's your build, so long as it at least tries to stay within the basic theme of the 'class skill' option then you're fine. You'd still need to observe power limits as according to your actual level, of course.

>>48371051
Take that mass companion import and make them all level 100. If you've got 8 level 100's (9, including yourself, if you took lvl 100) then you've got a concentration of force that's going to be immensely hard to crack. Thanks to companion mechanics respawning your companions it's much simpler for you to replace your losses as well, whereas replacing a lvl 100 NPC for a guild is going to be absurdly expensive.

They'll still want you dead of course, but you can make them bleed for it if you've got enough defense in depth. If you're a Player and take that mass-import lvl 100 option then all your imports get the Summoned Mount freebie item also at lvl 100. Which gives you 16 lvl 100 fighters, or 17 if you include yourself.

It would still be dangerous as fuck of course, and you can bet your ass the World Items are going to start rearing their heads if it seems they can't get to you via other methods, but as long as you're extremely careful you can potentially pull it off.
>>
>>48371507
Principal. Even if I don't take advantage of it, I prefer to have the potential to do things, without fiat limitations in the way.
>>
>>48371517
They're too adorable as a pair to split up. Mare isn't my usual fare, but I'll make an exception this time.

>pic
Tell me that you wouldn't mind having them around.
>>
>>48371552
Nah, they're gross.
>>
>>48371544
Oh, the Rival Guild drawback.

How big is the guild? The drawback mentions the Rivals are at least, at least, as powerful as Nazarick so would it be out of line to assume that they've more Players but fewer World Items?

Just trying to get a sense of what I'm up against.
>>
File: 1438987009233.gif (972KB, 245x160px)
1438987009233.gif
972KB, 245x160px
>>48371494
>>48371549
>principle, never wanting to take any Sentient tech to begin with
>>
>>48371544
So if you and your companions don't take that perk, you lose?
>>
>>48371552
Please tell me you are going to force Mare to wear dresses.
>>
>>48371606
Of course.
>>
>>48371602
Please don't feel that way, I never insulted you or the jump at any point in this conversation, and have honestly tried to keep it civil all the way through. I really like your work in general, so I'd prefer if you weren't too upset, and apologize if it was at all bothersome.
>>
>>48371405
But Red, you ARE a shitlord.
>>
>>48371671
She posts on 4chan, so obviously she is, just like everyone else here.
>>
>>48371549
Arguing on principle is one of the most stupidest things I've ever heard from this thread.
>>
>>48371544
Sorry, I wasn't clear. Can you survive it without buying Level 100? Or do you have to buy Level 100 to not automatically lose the Jump?
>>
>>48371167
They tend to be almost entirely combat focused. Warriors are better at actual combat than peer level Magic Casters. All other things being equal a Magic Caster will need to be extremely careful and clever in order to beat a peer level Warrior. At least in Overlord.

>>48371284
Basically. One Ring? Your Ring.

>>48371310
You mean the multi-body trick? Sure.

>>48371589
Rough equals to Nazarick across the board via jump fiat. Including 11 World items to fuck with you with. Only one actual Player, but the odds of you ever seeing them in person are probably nil unless you've already been caught and are at their mercy.

Additionally their guild base is also just as tough a nut to crack as Nazarick itself, so don't think you're going to just waltz in and confront them on their home turf (not that'd you want to without out-of-jump abilities to back you up).

>>48371603
Hmm ... yes? I mean I guess you could import a bunch of companions with the regular 'custom npc' option but it's substantially cheaper to use the mass import option.

I suppose if you were the sneakiest, fastest at-running-away, greatest strategic planner, never-need-to-rest, dude ever then maybe you could get through it on your own. Maybe. I wouldn't put good odds on it though. If you go in with Powerless and Rival Guild/Wrath of Nazarick you'd better be prepared to pucker your butthole cause you're going to get wrecked without backup.
>>
File: image.jpg (138KB, 561x702px)
image.jpg
138KB, 561x702px
>>48371606
>>48371614
>Not dressing him in a tight fitting Chinese dress.
>>
>>48371724
Something something meat buns
>>
>>48371712
Survive Wrath of Nazarick or Rival Guild without level 100? hahahha. No. Snowballs in Hell that have already melted have better odds.
>>
>>48371689
Arguing on principle is one of the stupidest things in the world at all. The universe is a cold and uncaring place, principle is the first things humanity must abandon to grow out of its infancy as a civilization.
>>
>>48371720
>11 World items
>Only one actual Player
That's all I needed to know.

Thanks!
>>
>>48371720
>you have to buy this one perk to compete in the Jump
This is why I said you were awful at balance back up in >>48368010. You should just give us 400 CP and mandate that we take it.
>>
>>48371742
Man, you must really hate your principal.
>>
>>48371756
Are you seriously complaining about not being able to shrug off a 600cp drawback?
>>
>>48371767
Could be worse meng. My old man was the principle at my school. Shit was not smooth sailing when people found out.
>>
>>48371756
>Compete in this jump
More like it's your best bet at surviving a DRAWBACK. Say it with me here. Drawback. This only applies if you took a drawback.

>>48371778
Unfortunately, we have fools like this here. I know, we hate them too.
>>
>>48371756
>>you have to buy this one perk to compete in the Jump
That is not what he's saying at all, and if you have any reading comprehension at all you know that. He's saying that to survive the top-tier drawbacks you need top-tier power.

Don't be a twat.
>>
>>48371756
>You should just give us 400 CP
You should just give me the keys to your car.
>>
File: 1468878119424.png (148KB, 2500x1645px) Image search: [Google]
1468878119424.png
148KB, 2500x1645px
>>48371756
>>
So, everything else aside, anyone have (legitimate) issue with my posting the Overlord v1.1 pdf to the new uploads folder?
>>
File: image.jpg (101KB, 557x555px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
101KB, 557x555px
>>48371801
>>
>>48371778
I'm complaining about making a mandatory perk that you must take if you don't want to lose. That's the antithesis of a CYOA.
>>
>>48371809
Nope. Go for it.
>>
>>48371809
I'd still like to see the CP cap raised on drawbacks, but that aside I've got no issues with it.
>>
>>48371817
Please come back when you gain a fourth grade level reading comprehension, anon.
>>
>>48371817
See >>48371786
>>
>>48371817
You're complaining that you need to take lvl 100 to survive a drawback enforced scenario where a fuck load of lvl 100's are gunning for you. That is what you are complaining about. Please stop and think for a moment why that is ridiculous.
>>
File: 1468633154735.png (458KB, 869x722px) Image search: [Google]
1468633154735.png
458KB, 869x722px
>>48371817
>>
>>48371825
>if you don't take this perk, then this drawback will kill you automatically
I think you're the one who doesn't have any reading comprehension. He's literally admitted there's no combination of perks in the Jump that can compare to taking Level 100. 1800 CP spent on everything else? Nope, auto-lose. Shouldn't have wasted your points.

But hey, not my fault you read at a third grade level.
>>
>>48371817
He's back to shitposting about this now that no one bit his bating earlier.
>>
>>48371809
Go nuts. Thanks again for the update, I'll be updating builds when I get home.
>>
>>48371778
If we've chosen to become the 42nd, would we be able to get a lesser (I.E: Canon.) version of the Ring of Ainz Ooal Gown for our Custom NPC, like the ones that Momonga gave to the other NPCs, or would we have to ask Momonga to make one for them in jump?
>>
>>48371852
>words
You fail it.
>>
>>48371852
>Still whining about a drawback making things hard
>>
>>48371867
Read my post, idiot. I'm not complaining that it's hard, I'm complaining that this entire Jump is designed around one specific perk. That 1800 CP worth of other perks doesn't compare to it. This is Manyfist-tier shit.
>>
>>48371888
I read it. You're whining that it's hard and shitposting to get the final word in on page 11.
>>
>>48371888
boohoohoo
>>
>>48371888
>I spent all my CP on scrub gear
>I can't survive the apocalypse! Jump is fail!
>>
>>48371861
Sure. Momonga's got 58 of them, iirc, just sitting around in the treasury.

>>48371852

You are complaining that when you take a 600cp drawback that enforces a huge group of max level super-powerful individuals with numerous reality-warping artifacts in their possession, and then combine that with another drawback that locks away all your out of jump powers, items, and abilities, that you should be able to survive without taking lvl 100 yourself.

Dude. Where's that gif with Jackie Chan making the 'what even' face?
>>
>>48371842
So would Dark binding or out of jump perks let one revive after Longinus world class item is used? Would reality warping negation perks affect it?

Is Downfall of Castle and Country worldclass item just: "no save, no resistance, your mind is enslaved to the user"? How do you break its hold over you?
>>
>>48371896
If you could beat it without Level 100 by picking clever combinations of perks I wouldn't have a problem. But he's designed the Jump to only work for one possible perk set. Manyfist should be insulted I compared him to this guy.
>>
>>48371888
>more words
Cry harder, crybaby.
>>
>>48371888
>How dare I need to take strong perks to survive something that limits me to in-jump purchases
>>
>>48371824
Seconding this. The only jump that's this bad about it is X-Men Movies.
>>
>>48371907
Literally learn to read. Name me any combination of anything in the Jump which is as good as Level 100. You can't, because you designed the Jump around Level 100.
>>
>>48371907
Just don't reply to him man, he's a broken record of no value.
>>
>>48371809
Quick question, does your race count as an alt-form? I'm asking because I take Overlord fairly early in my chain and I'm a Slime, so knowing if I need to plan around fire & slight magic weakness or not is kinda important. If they are alt forms just a sentence or two at the closing notes saying "post jump if you took a race other than human it becomes an alt-form" or something like that. If they're not alt-forms, but "Your a lich now, lol" could you clarify that as well? Maybe in the races section. Sorry if I missed anything in the jump text clarifying this.
>>
>>48371910
>>48371931
>waahh, I can't kill God with a rock and a stick, you all suck, waaaah
>>
>>48371909
Longinus doesn't exist in jump unless you fanwank that the Rival Guild has it with them (assuming you take that drawback). It existed in Yggdrasil of course, but there is no canon support that it made the transfer to the New World.

As for how do you fix the mind control of Downfall of Castle and Country the canon method is to get killed and then have someone resurrect you. So, basically, don't get hit.

>>48371910
Get lost dude. You're complaint is utterly worthless. This is like complaining that if you take the 'no out of jump powers or items' drawback in God of War, and then take only perks from the drop-in section that effectively just makes you a regular mortal good at exploring places, that you should be able to run up and murder all the Greek Gods by yourself. While they're all gunning for you, specifically.

Do you see why your complaint is stupid?
Thread posts: 622
Thread images: 54

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.