[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

D&D and Alternitives

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3

File: Dragonkin.jpg (9KB, 236x236px) Image search: [Google]
Dragonkin.jpg
9KB, 236x236px
Full Disclosure i came here from 1d4chan wiki read a few articles decided to see if you could help first time 4Chan user first time TG user.

So ive been playing D&D for a few years it's fun but honestly i don't see many people playing it i see all these other games and instead of looking them up I was wondering if maybe you guys and girls have preferences to games and what drew you to them?

Some other games i'm sorta familiar with
Exalted
Sahdowrun
Pathfinder.

can people suggest some alternatives to D&D
>>
What sort of experience are you looking for?

There are a huge number of RPG's in existence, catering to a vast number of play styles, genres, themes and such. Without narrowing things down, you'll likely just be told about the most common and well known games, but if you can give more guidance as to your interests and what you're looking for we can recommend more specific systems you might enjoy.
>>
>>48364247
A few general tips.

>4Chan
Don't capitalize the c.

>TG user
Boards are never referred to in that way. It's /tg/. Lowercase and with slashes on both sides.

In general, try to stick to proper capitalization and punctuation outside of greentext.
>>
I did say I was new.

that's the problem I really have no clue what i'm looking for

I like the idea of BESM (particularly the mecha rules) but it's idiocy and imbalance drove me to making grammar and spelling mistakes for months now.

I looked into the newest editions of Shadowrun hoping getting into something more familiar would help.

The only familiar thing i recognize is Doc Wagon

I dunno maybe i'm too old for this stuff. got any RPG based around Sudoku (this is a joke)
>>
>>48364381

Take a step back from RPG specific stuff. What sorts of media do you enjoy? Books, movies, TV series, whatever. What tones and themes and genre, any common elements or things that particularly appeal to you. That gives us a jumping off point.
>>
Fantasy literature Raymond E Feist and his Midkemia series and to a lesser extent the Shannara series by Terry Brooks I enjoyed The Hobbit and to a far lesser extent the LOTR series. I tried reading The Silmarillion but gave up.

Movies. I actually like all three D&D movies (particularly the third one) Zootopia Captain Ameria Civil War (despite being lukewarm on the marvel-verse movies)

Love Comics both Marvel and DC though I like Marvel heroes a bit more.

Play tons of video games I love Bethesda and Atlas and I honestly believe Platnium can't screw up anything.

There's obviously a ton more but i don't plan on typing out my life story anytime soon (you can buy it for 6.99 on amazon!) (this is a joke)
>>
>>48364512
Click on the catalog button, find some threads that look interesting and lurk moar
>>
>>48364512
You might like Mutants and Masterminds, it's all superheroes and that kind of stuff.
>>
oh right I forgot about M&M

I tried dming a game once. I got nothing done because every time I tried to make some npc's I would state at the stats page in confusion

thank you for the suggestion though.
>>
>>48364247
RuneQuest 6 is an amazing system that most people around here (who have played it) like. But it, like most BRP, is more grounded in reality than something over the top.
>>
Ill check that out thank you.Mind telling me more in your own words?
>>
File: GLORANTHA MAP final.jpg (133KB, 681x735px) Image search: [Google]
GLORANTHA MAP final.jpg
133KB, 681x735px
>>48364898

>Runequest

>Grounded in reality

Pull the other one, it's got bells on! Runequest is super crazy magic town like nobody's business..
>>
Click on someone's post umber to reply to them, or type it if you're a real stooge.

If you liked 3.5/Pathfinder, try Fantasy Craft.
>>
>>48365315
Ah thank you.Ill check it out again mind telling me about it in your own words.Why you like it and such.

>>48365297
I don't see you saying it's not good.I don't mind high magic settings as long as everyone can do it. thanks for your input though.
>>
Off topic, but somehow you typing out "(this is a joke)" is what makes me laugh rather than the joke itself. No idea why.
>>
Making another use for this thread, what system should I use to make a high-fantasy campaing where magic is something more free like in Mage: The Ascension?

Or, should I use Mage instead?
>>
>>48368936
FATE. The answer is always FATE.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.