[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How would you run a SCP Campaign?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 4

File: scp-logo.png (12KB, 800x220px) Image search: [Google]
scp-logo.png
12KB, 800x220px
How would you run a SCP Campaign?
>>
>>48360059
Like this >>48343303
>>
>>48360194
Ah, I missed that. Thanks
>>
To keep the thread alive, what content would you have? Would it be divided by housing sites or plot convenience? Would it be inspired by any particular SCP or story, or would it be homebrew?

I'd like to run a game based on a group of generic agents investigating mysterious cities and hunting unatural mostrosities, which may be nessesary as my group still needs to be weaned off their D&D phase.

If I wanted a more ordered game, I'd base it on site 19 during the 6 months where Clef's neck is broken. There are constant outbreaks, half the residents are dead, the O5s are considering relocation, there is a big hole in the roof and Kondraki is still somewhat convinced that Clef is actually Satan. Everyone is surrounded by rather pissed off physical gods(sometimes literally), but at least the O5s granted SCP aid, so Paranoia lethality is fine when we can just glue them back together. The end goal is simply for the site to be okay again.
>>
Consider a lighter game where you play a militant version of Warehouse 13; tracking down SCPs, finding out what the deal is, and then bringing them in. Maybe have some SCPs cause trouble at the base, maybe throw in a few plotlines about human SCPs.

Shit now I want like...an SCP web series. Fund it, Netflix!
>>
I'd run it in like 2012
>>
>>48360059
SCP is shit for gaming.

Use DG. Use UA. Use CoC, The Laundry, or Paranoia.

Dark Angel had better mystery than SCP.
>>
File: scp shitposting image.png (837KB, 1232x2552px) Image search: [Google]
scp shitposting image.png
837KB, 1232x2552px
>>48360059
Reminder
>>
File: learn the difference.png (161KB, 1088x1148px) Image search: [Google]
learn the difference.png
161KB, 1088x1148px
>>48363651
And one more for good measure
>>
>>48363663
Okay, SCP is the only one I even recognize out of all these fucking organizations, which makes it hard to believe that any of them, especially GOC, are any better.
So, naturally, I want to know where I can learn more.
>>
>>48364885
http://www.scp-wiki.net/
http://goc.wikidot.com/
>>
>>48363663
>For their own gain.

What? The SCP mission statement is
>we don't know what they do, or what they could do, so no one can have them.
>don't fuck with them
>don't cross the streams
>>
>>48364955

That's the official line. If you sit down and actually read the various things it becomes obvious they're mostly in it for themselves.
>>
>>48364885
>OGC
Actual Military people, destroys awful things, doesnt really care how they work
>SCP
Lets store all these awful things, steal deathrow inmates, and throw them at it as sacrif-for science
>Are We Cool Yet?
Lets create awful things art! Usually by accident, however, as they do just try to make art. Usually.
>Wondertainment
Lets make Awful Things! For Children! Note: they actually aren't all that awful if you do EXACTLY what it tells you to do.
>Children of the Broken god
Lets make a god MADE out of Awful things! That cant go Wrong!
>Marshall, Carter and Dark
Lets sell awful things for LODS AMONE LODS AMONE! Shits Cash! No refunds!
>Mana Chartiable
Lets use Awful things to make the world a better place!
>FBI
The united states never got the UN memo about Awful things, and made a lame copycat
>Islam Shit
Allsh Akbar Aloha Awful things durka!

Thats all I can really remember, but they're all pretty much idiots who make/contain/destroy awful things.
>>
>>48364971
That probably varies depending on who's writing the page.

The tone of a page can be anything from clinical to
>Sure sucks to be that guy
to
>How can we use this to save the world?
to
>We've already used this to save the world like five times but no one can know
to
>kill it
to
>fuck Chechnya

It's a pretty expansive wiki, most of the articles just revolve around cataloging the strange shit a designated SCP does.
>>
>>48360059
Here's a little secret; Ignore Keter class. Its the setting way to scare people off from going after the SCP foudation
>>
Symbols are always fun
>>
>>48363651
Edgy SCP procedures produced by that joke item are the best

>Safe SCPs are to be utilized in ways that allow their abilities to benefit the Foundation. Keter SCPs are to be deployed as weapons against Foundation enemies. Euclid ones are to be destroyed.
>>
>>48365304

If they can destroyed SCP is like HFY in science but not really big in the military of HFY
>>
>>48360059
Establish what you want early, before doing any other prep preferably. SCP is a community project so the quality and tone of the entries varies wildly and nailing down what you're going for is the biggest concern.
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.