[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Ant-Man in 5e

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

File: 1468845596390.jpg (183KB, 708x723px) Image search: [Google]
1468845596390.jpg
183KB, 708x723px
Inb4 5e is terrible, a friend of mine is using 5e to run a Marvel campaign, and I'm considering running Ant-Man. Is he a rogue? A wizard? A druid?

I'm at a loss.
>>
>>48353861
>I'm at a loss
Exactly. Race+Class doesn't work for not-generic fantasy. Why is your friend such a dumbass? Are you guys like, serious underageb&?
>>
>Using 5e to run a Marvel campaign

No. Just... No.

5e is a fine system for D&D. It does the job. It runs D&D style fantasy pretty well.

For anything fucking else it's utter garbage. Get your friend a copy of Mutants and Masterminds 3e. It's close enough to D&D that it should be easy to understand, and it's infinitely better for superhero stuff.
>>
>>48353861
Which Ant man? Pym? Scott? OGrady?

Btw, 5e is not made for that, use M&M
>>
>>48353861
>>48353871
>>48353876
>>48353905
Marvel Super Heroes RPG
>>
>>48353861
You're at a loss because it's impossible. 5e is built from the group up to facilitate a D&D-style fantasy world, if you ask it to do anything else the whole thing rapidly falls apart.

Just use Mutants & Masterminds.
>>
>>48353876
I've been over this with him and I still don't know. Hes 30 btw, and I think he just doesnt have the time to really learn a new system with one kid and another on the way. I'd bow out of the campaign if the group I'm playing with was any less awesome, but I really like everybody there.

Plus there's this girl, so, you know.

Anyway, I'm thinking druid, maybe?
>>
>>48353905
Also, Pym is best Ant-Man to my knowledge, so Pym.
>>
>>48353861
5e is more or less totally inflexible. They might be touting a lack of splat content as one of its strong balancing points but the system is so barebones you can't really get creative in chargen... like, at all.
>>
>>48354058
If you want to be a cunt, secretly ploting to destroy the group, sure, Pym is the best. If you want to have a bro, Scott. If you want to have the stereotypical horny bard, OGrady.
>>
>>48353861
>>48354046
If the live of the whole Earth depended on me giving Ant man a 5e class that would be Rogue Thief.
Then give him a costume and a helmet that allows him to reduce his size (like the spell) x minutes per day and talk to ants x minutes per day as magic items

Then you realize that Ant man can maintain str and weight at will when in tiny form unlike the spell. Srly, D&D is not made for that in the slightless
>>
>>48354081
...Pym it is, then.
>>
5e is the system of choice if you want to play generic fantasy in a particular setting. Don't try anything creative or irregular with it, because it wont work.
>>
D&D only does D&D well, and sometimes not even that.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.