[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Warhammer 40k General

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 362
Thread images: 40

File: Best General3.png (1MB, 1014x761px) Image search: [Google]
Best General3.png
1MB, 1014x761px
Walk like Crab, Talk like People Edition

>Rules databases
https://mega.co.nz/#F!pFgm0RKR!J06C1gVYcjzNGsF8YNLsjQ
https://kat.cr/warhammer-40k-pdf-library-t9575373.html

>Not the FAQs
http://www.games-workshop.com/en-GB/Rules-Errata

>40k 7th edition quick reference sheet(s)
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/4104995/Games/7edRef.pdf

>Forgeworld Book index
http://www.dakkadakka.com/wiki/en/Forge_World_and_Apocalypse_Rules_Index

>White Dwarves
https://www.mediafire.com/folder/tx4hcy4u487pv/WD

>Novels (Working link as of 02/02/2016)
https://mega.nz/#F!wx4BiKhD!YhnAf1BqSmAB8dO6xDM56Q
>>
File: cryptek.jpg (76KB, 400x560px) Image search: [Google]
cryptek.jpg
76KB, 400x560px
>>48353125
Reminder that before they became robots, the Necrontyr had crab people scuttling around.
>>
>>48353153
Szeras is a special case that intentionally altered his Necrodermis form because he saw being bipedal as useless, in addition to having two eyes when you could just have one sensory supercluster.
>>
>>48353168
No he was a cyclops. Don't argue against my headcanon or I will get VERY upset, you vile snivelling rapscallion!
>>
>>48353153
Don't forget the triarch unicorns.
>>
>>48353153
Are the flayed ones nudists?
>>
>>48353186
>>"a Perils if the Warp attack they suffer instead represents massive cerbral trauma or synaptic feedback. Tyranid Psykers use the Powers of the Hive Mind, which is treated as a psychic discipline for all rules purposes."

How does this refute the fact that, in 40k canon, the term "Psyker," and psychic is explicitly a Warp-thing? Are Necron Lords Telepaths, and therefore psychic because of their data-communication between two minds via Mindshackle Scarabs? No, a Psyker is somebody who utilises energies from the Warp to form an effect, note that they do not have to draw directly from the Warp to do this, if there are other ways, such as Warp-energy bearing vessels or, potentially, the Hivemind processing the energy first.

>Does it say the orks don't draw from the warp like it says with the nids?

>>48353217 This anon more or less got what it says.

Further, the Shadow In The Warp is, in itself, an expression of some sort of Warp-presence, one that can be beaten, held back or effected by other Warp-presences such as the Gods.

And finally, after all that, there's still the matter of the Tyranids possessing a telepathic communication and actively engaging in psychic abilities, without any fluff explicitly saying this isn't fuelled by Warp-stuff (as the Hivemind itself is seemingly implied to be), there's no reason to suggest that the Tyranids have some super-special pocket dimension or logic-breaking presence or some shit that lets them use these abilities.
>>
>>48353218
It was actually the other way around, Necrontyr society had very little concept of clothing as their solar system was so warm. What we now know as flayed ones were the puritans of the time.

Those Necrontyr with one eye were incredibly scared of these puritans (who went around door to door spreading their beliefs) as they could be sneaked up on far easier than the other Necrontyr thanks to their lack of depth perception (which also made them excellent snipers).
>>
>>48353247
>How does this refute the fact that, in 40k canon, the term "Psyker," and psychic is explicitly a Warp-thing?

The fact that it's DIRECTLY telling you it's not related to the warp? How much clearer can it be? It's literally telling you that the warp references are for rules purposes the same, but don't represent warp activity.

At this point you're made it clear you're obstinate to your core so not sure why you're dragging the same old shit into this thread. Multiple people pointed you to evidence, but you either ignored it or lied about 7th ed pasting it 'word for word'. You're dishonest and stubborn. Ignoring your ass fro now on.
>>
Does anyone know where I can get some decent third party models to proxy for IG artillery pieces? In particular I am looking for Earthshakers and Thudd guns.
>>
did anybody know where to find the short novel from the legacy of russ serie?
can't find them in the mega.
>>
>>48353339
No, sorry. So stop asking and google it.
>>
>>48353252
How would a lack of depth perception make you a good sniper? You wouldn't be able to tell if you're firing 50 yards away or 500
>>
>>48353323
>Directly telling you it's not related to the Warp

Telling us that they don't take energy directly from the Warp, despite everything else suggesting that there is, in fact, Warp-energy or something similar involved. Beyond that, the Hivemind, whether or not a pure Warp-creature, has undoubtedly an Immaterial presence as shown by the ability of the Warpgods and Psykers to interact with it via that realm.

>All this Ad Hominem in the second paragraph

Hey, asshole, arguments are two-way, just because somebody disagrees with you doesn't mean they have inferior capabilities of logic. Further, there were multiple people arguing the case of the Tyranids utilizing Warpstuff, not just one.

>Multiple people pointed you to evidence

And the exact opposite was also the case for the potentiality of Tyranids being some form of Psyker over the Hivemind being something else entirely. Such as:

>A presence in the Warp via the Shadow (non-definitive over the Hivemind's existence, but still proving that it interacts with it)
>The Gods actively pushing back the Hivemind (proving that the Tyranid collective consciousness is reliant on the Warp on some important level, if not entirely)
>Psykers explicit, in previous lore, being a Warp thing (going back to your previous quote to defend itself is nothing but circular logic at this point, not a basis for an argument)
>Psykers, more explicitly Telepaths actively engaging with aggressive communion against the Hivemind and Tyranids (remember that beings without a Warp-presence have always been immune to telepathy)

A single piece of primary evidence is not sufficient proof without the backing of secondary evidence.
>>
>>48353416

>not related to the warp

Well, yes, it says they get powers from the Hovemind specifically, not the Warp.

> Ad hominem

In all fairness, you're being an incredibly anal debater, outright refusing evidence to prove your desired points.

> Shadow defeated by warpshit

Your statement would seem to imply that because a being isn't using the Warp can't be affected by it. My legions of murdered guardsmen would disagree.

Also You used 5thed evidence to contradict 7thed? Damn you fucked up.

Beyond that, they clearly have a presence in the Warp, but aren't psychic, just like regular humans. And they can be interacted with telepathically. Their shadow comes from trillions of beings constant desire to kill eat and feed, as its outright stated they have no conscience. That's why it's basically useless, but possible, to contact them telepathically.

Now go away. You're wrong, we know it, you know it, so cut it the fuck out. You're embarrassing yourself.
>>
>>48353530
>Well, yes, it says they get powers from the Hivemind specifically, not the Warp

Which is the crux of the debate, where the Hivemind itself gets the energy to give its Psykers. Even if it's through the psychic communion of the Tyranids, there has to be a medium, the question is whether or not the Immaterium is the medium.

>In all fairness, you're being an incredibly anal debater, outright refusing evidence to prove your desired points

Not at all, there were multiple people debating, analysing and giving evidence during the argument, the flaw lies in anyone believing that it was just one person arguing one side (despite evidence to the contrary.)

>Your statement would seem to imply that because a being isn't using the Warp can't be affected by it. My legions of murdered guardsmen would disagree.

Except the Shadow of the Warp is explicitly in the Warp, and as a result was assaulted in the Warp, by Gods that cannot leave sed dimension. For example, the galaxy's most powerful Telepath cannot effect a Necron at all, because they have no soul or presence in the Warp to latch onto. Meanwhile the Shadow is present in, and effected by pure Warp-principles over a breach into reality, in addition to Null-fields (as seen in pic related) which explicitly screw with the Warp, might I add.

>Also You used 5thed evidence to contradict 7thed? Damn you fucked up.

Wasn't me.

>Now go away. You're wrong, we know it, you know it, so cut it the fuck out. You're embarrassing yourself.

Is this another case of "they disagree with me, so clearly they're wrong and, because I'm objectively more reasonable here, everyone else agrees with me?"
>>
>>48353153
Strawman.

Necrons forms echo the living Necrontyr forms. Szeras is unique in that he likes to alter his form, no different from the Destroyers. The default form of Crypek is walking with two legs and having one eye.

When the Astral Knights were adventuring, they found holograms of living Necrontyr. Their description is that they are like the Necrons but were fleshed. These were images of Necrontyr courts which undoubtedly had Ctypteks.
>>
>>48353676
Did the astral knights get any good pics of cyclopean necrontyr?
>>
>From lady atia blog:

>Howdy Guys and Girls

>via a friendly raven ^.^

>"First monthly white dwarf has the new Khârn in it (leaning forward charging).

>Also a campaign type book with new rules for Chaos Space Marines. It's not a new Codex, but does have cool new rules.

>Also included is the new Deathwatch Codex with Artemis Model and the new flyer for them. Looks like a mix between a tau and imperial flyer."

>As always, take it with a tiny bit of salt but that one is usually pretty spot on =)

>Regards,
>Lady Atia
Get hype for another disappointment.
>>
>>48353709
Unfortunately, they all died after releasing the C'tan locked in the heart of the world engine.

Then the C'tan made sure that the world engine got destroyed.
>>
>>48353717
>>"First monthly white dwarf has the new Khârn in it (leaning forward charging).

How so that's what the Red Path short story series is building towards.
>>
>>48353598
>crux

Good word, anon, you're wrong but good word.

>anal debater

Sorry, thought you were probe-denier guy

>psychic Hivemind medium

It clearly leaves a warp signature, no one debates that, but it is not the source of their power.

Let me explain; the question that started this whole debate was whether or not the warp existed outside the Galaxy, which we all know is where Tyranids come from. We also know Tyranids are Thousands- if not millions- of years old. So if the nids were around as long as Eldar, Psykers and the like, how is it they were never detected or even left a trace Chaos itself could notice? The answer is that the Warp is only in the Milky Way, (likely as its the only place with emotional and soul-bearing beings) and that the Tyranids do not have enough collective conscience to leave anything but a faint shadow in the warp, but that shadow is definitely connected to the Hivemind, so by beating back the shadow psychically you beat back the Hivemind itself.

Does that make sense? Not the best worded I'll admit, but it seems the only answer possible.
>>
Anyone wanna help me lorebash? My new Sisters of Battle army has an oath sworn imperial knight crusader and I wanna come up with some neat backstory explaining why she's with them on a permenant basis rather than just on loan from Mars.
>>
>>48353717
I kharn't believe it!
>>
>>48353741
Yeah, that's all fine and is a reasonable explanation, though I personally disagree and don't believe it's the only one, but it's one people could come to without being irrational.
>>
>>48353741
>Does that make sense? Not the best worded I'll admit, but it seems the only answer possible.
I

It makes no sense at all.

The Warp as stated in the rulebook is a dimension that parallels reality, Nothing says it's only in this galaxy.

In fact, the Warp connects to other deminsions and realities outside the galaxy like the Webway and the Necrons dimensions. Are you going to tell me that inside Necron dimensions exists emotion and life?

>how is it they were never detected or even left a trace Chaos itself could notice?

Who says they didn't?
>>
>>48353775
>>48353741
Not that anon, but I believe it's innately inconsistent, especially between 5E and 7E. To repost from last thread.

>It is definitely inconsistent. But the most telling thing is that back in 5E, nids were described as using the warp via the hivemind, yet in 7E the same passages were updated to remove the "warp" mentions and replace them with "hive mind psychic potential" or similar terms.

>I'd bet some serious money on the idea being, "We want the nids to be more alien, so they won't use the warp to do psychic things," and they pushed the idea in 7E without anything to really back it up. The intro in >>48353060 is very clear, the zonthrope change in >>48353070 from the old >>48352955 is clear, and yet they still use words like "warp fields of raw psychic energy" and "warp blasts" in their psychic abilities to really muddle it up.
>>
Humbly requesting The beast must die novel if anyone have it.
>>
>>48353339
Not for much cheaper, try looking on eBay for 1/35th scale artillery pieces. I think Russian 122mm guns are large enough.
>>
>>48353787
Also

>The Tyranid taps into the raw power of the Hive Mind, unleashing it as a blast of pure Warp energy that arcs from its cranium and vaporises its prey.

Funny that the raw power of the Hivemind translates to power Warp energy.
>>
>>48353796
I have it.

But you got to trade me for it.
>>
>>48353812
I'll give you the Last Church for it.
>>
>>48353826
Already have it. In three formats.

Ahh...whatever.

I''l upload it later in the 40K general when I finished work in a few hours.
>>
>>48353812
Here are links to some nice anons books. https://mega.nz/#F!BxI1HSgI!0tKymKh9RZTzGpgIA5EyCg!NoZlTSIT
https://mega.nz/#F!6EZEHQqJ!gdDBPH48LYPGDccS4YaeWA!vdI1xYzR
>>
The new Ultramarine novel says that Tyranids escaped the wrath of Ultramarines by escaping into the Warp or speeding out there.

It seems like Nids can still warp travel.
>>
>>48353775
Yeah, I guess we're at an agree-to-disagree impass. It does seem logically inconsistent, as stated by >>48353795 , so I'll wager GW just left it open to debate so people would talk about it.

>>48353787
What I mean by the warp trace is that if the Hivemind was noticeable beyond our Galaxy, it would have been mentioned and fought against. Everyone agrees nids are one of the biggest threats, and Psykers go crazy just noticing the Hivemind, so it would have likely shown up earlier in the lore. Good point about the Necrons, I'm not sure how they can access the warp. Maybe using a machine to teleport them, kinda like the Tau thing from 5thed? You raise a very good point, but one left intentionally open-ended.
>>
Alright, /40k/, I'm trying to introduce some friends to 40k and need some help.

I have some a crap load of Space Hulk tiles, which I want to use for a little introductory game (infantry only, can just focus on the rules). They've both played Space Hulk before, so the setting and layout will be familiar.

In the meanwhile, I was thinking of pre-building some 500 pt armies for them to choose from, since they'll be using my models. I have almost everything. What are some do's and don'ts I should focus on when building them? I was thinking of nothing with the Very Bulky rule. Would melee focused armies or flamer-heavy squads be a bit too strong in a corridor setting? Is 2+ too sturdy at that low of points?

I know one of them is really fond of assassins, so I'll have one force of them - probably one of each.
>>
>>48353860
>Everyone agrees nids are one of the biggest threats, and Psykers go crazy just noticing the Hivemind,

They fucking did. a psychic marine scout in the HH had his mind touched by the Hivemind. It the explosion of an alien warp beacon that attracted the Tyranids to the galaxy in the first place.
>>
>>48353741
>Let me explain; the question that started this whole debate was whether or not the warp existed outside the Galaxy, which we all know is where Tyranids come from. We also know Tyranids are Thousands- if not millions- of years old. So if the nids were around as long as Eldar, Psykers and the like, how is it they were never detected or even left a trace Chaos itself could notice? The answer is that the Warp is only in the Milky Way, (likely as its the only place with emotional and soul-bearing beings) and that the Tyranids do not have enough collective conscience to leave anything but a faint shadow in the warp, but that shadow is definitely connected to the Hivemind, so by beating back the shadow psychically you beat back the Hivemind itself.
New contributor to the debate here. It is my interpretation that the Hive Mind is located inside the Warp like the realms of the Chaos Gods. This explains why Nid psychic powers work like any other and why the Shadow in the Warp is local to the Hive fleet.
Back within the hour to continue.
>>
File: cassius-LE-misc-1500.jpg (97KB, 650x823px) Image search: [Google]
cassius-LE-misc-1500.jpg
97KB, 650x823px
>>48353855
>‘I cannot know, exactly,’ he admitted. ‘Two years ago, when we broke the back of Kraken, the aliens’ bio-vessels fled in a hundred directions, slipping back into the warp or disappearing into dark space too dangerous for us to follow. The hunger I sensed could originate from any one tendril of their hive fleet. Or it could be a harbinger of some new dread set to be unleashed across the galaxy.’

Tyranids confirmed for having Warp travel....again.
>>
File: Ecclesiarchy.pdf (1B, 486x500px)
Ecclesiarchy.pdf
1B, 486x500px
I've been working a bit more on the Ecclessiarchy Codex, any help or criticism is appreciated.
>>
>>48353770
She's with them for the duration of a crusade, according to contract. Thing is, for your SoB, the crusade never ends, Black Templar style.
>>
>>48353940
>>48353954
So sending the bulk of hive fleet behemoth into the warp was probably a hollow victory?
>>
SOMEBODY ONCE ME
THAT TAU WOULD JUST ROLL ME
I DON'T GOT THE GREATEST CODEX THING
HE WAS LOOKING KIND OF DUMB
WITH HIS ANCHORED STORMSURGE
PLACED FIRMLY RIGHT NEXT TO MY TRUKK...

WELL THE WHEELS START SPINNING AND HE FORGOT ABOUT ME
TANK SHOCK HIM AND HE'S NOW FLATTENED CHEESE
DIDN'T MAKE SENSE TO PLAY COMPETITIVLY WHEN THE RULES BY AN PREBUBESCENT TEEN
SO MUCH SALT, COULD FILL UP A VAULT
NOW I AM GOING TO BATH IN THE TEARS
TABLE FLIPPING IS PRETTY LOW, DOESN'T MATTER BECAUSE YOU ARE LOW
HEY NOW, YOU'RE A TAU FAG, BITCH AND MOAN DON'T PLAY AT ALL
HEY NOW, YOU'RE DICKS SMALL, YOU CRY AT EVERYTHING YOU DON'T LIKD
ALL THE GLITTERS IS GOLDDDD, ONLY PILES OF CHEESE IS THE GOALLLL
>>
>>48354035
Depends where they ended up in the Warp.
>>
>>48354047
I disliked this.
>>
File: Aliens guy Nids.jpg (55KB, 550x481px) Image search: [Google]
Aliens guy Nids.jpg
55KB, 550x481px
Can anyone comment on my Tournament Nid's list?

Tyranid/GenestealerCult/Necron 1993/2000 pts

**Hive Fleet Detatchment**
HQ
Flyrant (275)
-TWDBLW,ESG,AA
Flyrant (275)
-TWDBLW,ESG,AA
Flyrant (275)
-TWDBLW,ESG,AA
Muccolid (15)
Muccolid (15)
Muccolid (15)
Hive Crone (15)

**Genestealer Cult**

Patriarch Ghosar (115)
Magus Orthan Trysst (65)
Primus Vorgan Trysst (75)
Favoured Disciples (85)
Faithful Throng (110)
Purestrain Princelings (30)
Brothers Aberrant (120)

**Canoptek Harvest**

6x Canoptek Wraiths
- whip coils- 258
Canoptek Scarabs-60
Canoptek Spider-50
>>
>>48354047
did you even read this in your head before typing it out
>>
File: YmgarlGenestealers.jpg (390KB, 724x1024px) Image search: [Google]
YmgarlGenestealers.jpg
390KB, 724x1024px
>>48354072
oops crone is 155 obviously a typo
sry
>>
>>48354072
haha and its TLDwBLW
not TWDBLW
>>
>>48353366
Why do snipers close the eye not aiming down the scope then ?
>>
>>48354159
Good snipers don't.
>>
>>48354092
I was mad so no
I also just woke up
>>
>>48354047
This had potential but ultimately fell short.
>>
>>48353218
By nudist du you mean "only necrons covering up their naked form " ??
>>
Servo Skull:
>Enemy infiltrators cannot set up within 12" of a Servo-skull and enemy scouts can't use their pre-game move to approach within 12" of a Servo-skull.

"Ghosar Quintus Broodkin" Formation's "Ambush the Unhallowed" Special Rule:
>When Patriarch Ghosar and the Purestrain Princelings deploy using their Infiltrate USR, they can be set up anywhere on the table that is more than 1" from any enemy unit, whether deployed units can draw a line of sight to them or not

Which rule takes precedence?
>>
>>48354298
Judging by the recent GW FAQ they cancel each other out ?
>>
>>48354362
Okay. So if the servoskulls are anchored he destroys them?
>>
>>48354378
I'm not sure, all I know is in the draft FAQ says rules that counter each other cancel out like how lance and quantum shielding now cancel each other out for example.
>>
rapid fire battle cannon or thermal cannon for knight crusader
>>
>>48354072

It's solid on Necron and Tyranid parts. Don't know shit about those Cult units though.
>>
>>48353770
She is with them because the SoB hospitaller healed the lord of the knight house and she is given as a thank you to help them
>>
>>48354298
Servo skulls aren't a unit, they're a marker. Skulls would take precedence since nothing in the other units rules actually affects them.
>>
>>48354298

I'd say Servo skulls win. Because you still use Infiltrate USR for that cult formation, with added benefits.
>>
>>48354298
I'd say the servoskull takes precedent
As the ambush rule states:
>>When Patriarch Ghosar and the Purestrain Princelings deploy using their Infiltrate USR
However, the servoskull prevents them from using infiltrate within a 12 inch radius. The rest of the ambush rule is based upon the conditional that the unit can infiltrate in the first place, a condition not met when trying to infiltrate within 12" of the servoskull.
Because they are unable to infiltrate in the first place, the rest of the rule doesn't matter.
>>
>>48353826
I'd like a copy of the Last Church, read it on 1d4 before it was removed.
>>
>>48354504
It is n 1 of 2 links above in HH folder in Tales of Heresy.
>>
>>48353772
underrated post
>>
So /tg/, we have a tourney coming up in 2 weeks and I need some advice.

Currently, everyone either has a knight or some form of a LoW (a stompa coming to mind).

I play tau and the biggest guns I have is 1 ghostkeel, 1 riptide and 1 hammerhead. The other tau guy decided not to take his stormsurge but instead 1 cheap hq, gue'la troop choices and X amount of riptides where he is basically bringing 2 riptide wings and 2 extra in the form of y'vahra suits.

Is there anything I can do to not die turn 1? I could run OSC but that seems pointless against other tau guy and only marginally good against LoWs
>>
>>48353717
>new cool rules
Yeah!

More cool stuff for us!

Like the 12" hatred!
And the nerfs of the Crimson Slaughters!
And the formations full of taxes but no detachment!
And the few decent stuff that are only for Khorne, with no care about any of the other legions nor Gods!

>new Khârn
Oh look! Khorne!
>>
>>48353787
Necron Dimensions? Did I miss something? I'm assuming you're not talking about the Labyrinths they use to catch C'Tan or the pseudo-Webway they used in the War in Heaven?
>>
>>48354047
Somebody once told me
The Tau dex would steamroll me
I ain't the git who knows when to yield
He was looking kind of dumb
with his suits and giant guns
parked all the way fuck upfield

Well the turns start coming and the dice start flubbing
1 for mob rules and my sluggas start running
Didn't make shit with my bucket of dice
His Stormsurge's anchored, firing twice
Lootas rolled 1 on their D3
So what's wrong with going all WAAAAGGGGHHHH
You'll never know if you don't go
Red paint job doesn't go slow

HEY TAU, TAKE A TANK SHOCK, TO YOUR STORMSURGE'S FAT BASE
HEY TAU, TAKE YOUR GUN BLOCK, AND REMOVE IT FROM PLAY
ALL YOUR TEARS ARE LIKE GOLD, FUCK YOUR GREY PLASTIC AND YOUR MOLD (lines)
>>
>>48354591

>new Khârn
If they do not improve his rules massivly Kharn is way too weak
(3+ /5++) footslogger
>>
>>48354590

Bring all the cheese you can. Hope you don't face the other Tau guy. Kill IKs with deepstriking fusion Crisis suits.
>>
File: Wargamer steve.jpg (73KB, 433x559px) Image search: [Google]
Wargamer steve.jpg
73KB, 433x559px
>>48353717
>>Also a campaign type book with new rules for Chaos Space Marines. It's not a new Codex,

>not a new Codex.

wowitsfuckingnothing.jpg

What is the point then? Give us the Codex or ignore us GW. Fuck this wishywashy in between bullshit that will out of date when the real book drops.
>>
>>48354072
Why would the necrons work together with the tyranids? Why would the tyranids work together with the necrons?
>>
>>48353772
hue
>>
>>48354616

Superior Version.
>>
File: ba1.jpg (113KB, 497x732px) Image search: [Google]
ba1.jpg
113KB, 497x732px
>>48354620
>Kharn is way too weak
And what? The other characters in the Codex are not?
Is Fabius powerful and strong, while Kharn is undefended?
Is Huron slaughtering Eldar and Tau while Kharn is on the shelves?

So Kharn deserve a new mini and new rules but the others do not?

Sick and tired of you Bloodfags, and the favoritism you have just because you can't help yourselves spending money when you see a red miniature with a melee weapons bigger than what you already have.

You disgust me.
GW will make you new models and rules for you bloodfags in that supplement, will give the others barely anything and will call the entire thing a success just because you can't hold yourself spending money on the big pile of shit GW is feeding you.

And then, guess what? 8th edition will came out and everything will be pointless and miserable again.

>>48354638
This.
We deserve a new codex.

Not a supplement after 4 years of neglect and just before the new edition.
>>
>>48354620

He should get a Yarrick-type rule where he comes back with one wound on a 3+, or something. Dude's died at least twice and come back.
>>
>>48353870
no tau. no tyrinads. make the game as fun and ballenced as possable.
>>
>>48354616

This is way better and actually works at the original beat. Good job anon.
>>
>>48354731
Not that guy, but calm your autism. Kharn has some pretty major flaws, like all the CSM characters. He's squishy, he has difficulty getting into combat, and he dislikes being with other expensive units which compounds the difficulty in getting him into CC.

I'm curious about what they're going to do with the Black Legion. Are they going to reprint t their formations, or will they give them the detachment but force them to buy the BL supplement to use it?
>>
>>48354844
They are probably going to do what they did to Space Wolves

A unique Detachment with a standard core (in this case a generic warband) and then a copious amount of fluffy cores (in this case, the legions).
>>
>>48353717
Yeah, don't care. More Khorne, more shitty, underpowered rules, and another batch of useless formations.

This new ceo has a better sense of how to create sales than Kirby did. He isnt going to 'fix' the game though, that should be apparent to everyone. The imbalance and poor quality gaming experience are here to stay.

And if you retards are going to cite start collecting boxes as evidence of Rountree's beneficence, you have to credit him with Death from the Skies, Angels of Death psychic powers, the Ork and CSM revised supplements, and every other piece of shit release since the first start collecting box appeared.

40k is destined to be a garbage game gorever.
>>
>>48354888
>detachment
>1 unaligned Legion core
>1 unaligned Warband core
>8 Khorne cores
>Nurgle gets an auxiliary choice
>detachment and half the cores grant Hatred
>>
>>48354936
The Start Collecting boxes aren't even that great. We've had battleforged with comparable savings before, and they didn't inflate their value with absurdly overpriced monopose HQ's.
>>
File: Strange Sciences.png (468KB, 607x616px) Image search: [Google]
Strange Sciences.png
468KB, 607x616px
>>48354602
Yes, apparently missed what's written in the Necron codex.
>>
File: Deathmark.jpg (53KB, 554x441px) Image search: [Google]
Deathmark.jpg
53KB, 554x441px
>>48353252
>>48353366
>>48354159
>>48354174
>For the deathmark, the passing of time was something that registered in only a distant fashion, a set of numerals that shifted and changed from one optimal to another. Waypoints, in effect, marking the path of the weapon from activation to execution to re-tasking. The cycle endless, the progression constant.

>In silence, phase potentiality altered and softened a sector of space-time inside the human complex, and allowed the necron marksman to slip out of the hyperspatial oubliette where it had observed and prepared. The alien killer emerged from the dimensional blind and activated the hunter’s mark. The datum-jewel on the target provided by Nemesor Khaygis was rich with information and perfect for the sniper’s needs. The designator transmitter inside the deathmark’s armour-hood embedded the neutrino-boson template upon the target, tuning it so the marker glow would fluoresce across five-dimensional space. Wherever the objective went, if she made it to the immaterium or into a teleportation chamber, passed through chronometric barriers or the heart of a star, it would not matter. Until the decay-pattern fell below the receptor threshold – little more than an hour by human reckoning – the energy halo would denote the inescapable eye of the assassin upon her.

>It was unheard of for a target to outlast the mark upon them. This deathmark’s own records showed only one objective of note, an eldar exarch who managed to avoid termination for a full five minutes before the kill-shot claimed him. It anticipated no such challenge from this mind-damaged human.

You guys are pretending that Deathmarks only track and target using their single eye. You are forgetting about their Mark of Death.
>>
>>48353717
Here's me hoping they let you take him in KDK now so I don't have to keep taking fucking allied detachments.
>>
>>48354942
This is disgustingly true. They need to make like 5 codexes in 8th to make up for this shit.
>>
>>48355042
>if she made it to the immaterium or into a teleportation chamber, passed through chronometric barriers or the heart of a star, it would not matter. Until the decay-pattern fell below the receptor threshold – little more than an hour by human reckoning – the energy halo would denote the inescapable eye of the assassin upon her.

I guess that confirms that Necrons can see into the Warp or at least track things that are in there.
>>
want to start collection a space marine force but I have no clue what chapter to pick.
should I just get some of the starter collections and build my own chapter instead?
>>
>>48353366
>>48354174
You don't get depth perception when you have one eye at 1x magnification and one at 12x. The benefit is situational awareness. Plus, I find it hard to believe that Necrons wouldn't have rangefinders built into their eyes and/or weapons.
>>
>>48355095
Read up on the chapters. If one jumps out at you, do them. Look at the schemes, if one jumps out at you, do them.
>>
>>48354451
the GSC is ok, its just the formation from the white dwarf
>>48354645
again, tournament list
but I like to think that they were found dormant deep inside mines and were adepted under the control of the Hive Mind
Specifically they are like insects and they are just better versions of nids

Wraiths>raveners
Swarms>rippers
Spider>tervigon
>>
>>48354159
If you're using high powered optics, you dont need to use depth perception. You find the range of your target, you adjust for windage and drop. At the point of closing an eye and squeezing the trigger, you're just aligning the target to the proper position in your sight picture.

Basically you are looking at a 2 dimensional image 2-6" from your eye. You dont need depth perception to do this.
>>
>CSM finally get something
oh boi oh boi
>its kharne
ah fuck

I'm SICK of this khorne only stuff. Fuck your shit GW team, either pump out stuff for all gods in a certain timeframe or release stuff that every CSM player could use without pushing into the direction of khorne or kdk.

No idea what to release? How about:
- redesigned csm to fit with the starter box ones, with enough weapon options on the sprue
- terminators with weapon options
> obliterators
and a gazillion other things.
Hell, even just upgrade sprues would help.

but then I guess noone is playing CSM anymore anyways
>>
>>48354174
If you're taking 500+ meter shots, you're closing the eye not looking down the sight/through the optic.

With shorter ranges, its common to keep both eyes open when using an ACOG or Red Dot sight. It felt unnatural to me though, so I always closed one eye.
>>
>>48354174
How so? What benefit is there for a sniper to keep both eyes open?
>>
File: 1440454351179.png (79KB, 444x560px)
1440454351179.png
79KB, 444x560px
Played 1500 pts versus Gladius strike force with my 'Nids
He conceded on his turn 5
>>
>>48355352
How many flyrants
>>
>>48355352
GSF is usually optimized to murder T1 armies (and CSM). Orks should beat Gravius every time.
>>
>>48355287
Situational awareness. With either a scope or iron sights, one does not need to close one eye unless they're left eye dominate and right handed.

Either way, good shooters train past the need to close one eye
>>
>>48355414
It's not easy to aim a powerful scope at a distant target with both eyes open.
>>
>>48355414
>good shooters train past the need to close one eye

As anon stated a few posts up, keeping both eyes open is used only with certain optics, and only at shorter ranges.

When you get into longer ranges, there is no reason at all to keep one eye open. Not to mention those optics arent designed for it.
>>
>>48355387
>Orks should beat Gravius every time.
You fucking wot?
That might be the stupidest thing I've ever heard.
>>
>>48355490
It's not easy with one, either.

Here's a technique for using a scope at shorter distances which illuminates the benefits of using both eyes https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DBARqaSfpco
>>
>>48355387

It's not that simple though. Gladius has so much obsec it's going to be hard to deal with all of it regardless of army. This is of course when playing any objective based scenario. The strength of the Gladius isn't it's killing power, although all Grav scouting WS Gladius can on most occasions table any monster based Tau list.
>>
>>48355523
My deathmarks end up pretty close to their targets on the table, and their weapon range is 24" with rapid fire, which makes them more scouts than snipers. They're best at 12" or less, and at those distances having two eyes is preferable IMO
>>
>>48355542
Enjoy your 6+ wounds.
>>
>>48355735
Rerolling

And don't forget sky hammer has assault squads
>>
>>48355379
3 :(
>>
>>48355387
>>48355735
Naked tacticals are better at shooting than shoota boys and as good at melee as slugga boys.
>>
File: btchplz.gif (2MB, 245x276px) Image search: [Google]
btchplz.gif
2MB, 245x276px
>>48355791
>>
>>48354439
Rapid fire
>>
Someone post my organic destroyer pic, I can't find it on my phone.
>>
>>48355602
Yeah its not easy, some people just cant do it effectively - myself included.
>>
New 2250 Foot-Slogging Space Wolves list because no one ever fucking takes vehicles where I play

+Primary Detachment+
Wolves Unleashed

+HQ+
>Ragnar Blackmane- 195 pts
>Bran Redmaw- 210 pts
>Wolf Lord: Runic Armor, Thunderwolf Mount, Helm of Durfast, Frost Sword, Storm Shield

+Troops+
>Blood Claws x15: WGPL with Melta Bombs- 195 pts
>Blood Claws x15: WGPL with Melta Bombs- 195 pts
>Blood Claws x15: WGPL with melta Bombs- 195 pts

+Elites+
>Wulfen x10: 5 with TH/SS, others with Frost Claws- 460 pts
>Venerable Dreadnought: Helfrost Cannon, Great Wolf Claw with built in Heavy Flamer- 155 pts
> Venerable Dreadnought: Great Axe and Blizzard Shield- 145 pts

+Fast Attack+
>Thunderwolf Cav x3: SS/Frost Swords- 225 pts
>Thunderwolf Cav x3: SS/Frost Swords -225 pts

Wolf Lord goes with one of the groups of Thunderwolf Cav, Blackmane with the Blood Claws, Redmaw with the Wulfen.

Not meant to be competitive really, we just play lots of big games and I thought this list looked fun.
>>
>>48355735
Rerolling.
Given the boyz 6 inch movement, let's assume dawn of war deployment, one unit of devs with 4 grav cannon+ amp vs 30 boyz. On a standard 6x4 board, it will take the boyz around 3 turns to get into charge range, assuming they run the first two turn, which will get them around a 9 inch movement each turn. With a 6 inch movement in turn 3, they, assuming they deployed right at the edge of their deployment zone, will be in range to charge, assuming the devs don't move to be able to get 5 shots for each grav cannon each turn.
The grav cannons will kill 4 boyz each turn, and the in rapid fire range the sergeant's bolter will kill one. If the marine player goes first, that 15 dead boyz on the ork players third turn. When the ork player charges, one boy will be killed on the charge. In combat, marines go first with 5 attacks, killing one boy, leaving 13 ork boyz. Orks, at this melee race's famed I2, attack second with 26 attacks. The ork boyz will kill one marine. Each round of combat will have about a one to one ratio.
So, considering just one unit of devs can get a kill ratio of 18 to one, I'll be just fine wounding on sixes. And that's not even considering cents, who with their only upgrade being grav cannons, can kill a whopping 7 boyz per turn, boosted up to 11 in rapid fire range, meaning that mathematically the boyz will be killed before they can even charge.
>>
>>48355807
I ran:
3 flyrants
1 crone
1 mawloc
2 dakkafex
3 warrior
10 gargoyles
>>
>>48356286

Dear Anon,

Fuck you.

Sincerely,
Everyone Else
>>
>>48355172
>>48354936
Atia has hinted that there will be things for all CSM players to enjoy, not just the Khorne players.

I still wouldn't be surprised if that means only undivided support and no support for the other three gods.
>>
>>48356317
> t. Tau/eldar/marine player
>>
>>48356286
>3 HQ
>1 Troops
>2 Fast Attack
>2 Heavy Support
What the hell force organisation chart were you using?
>>
>>48356325
This is my bet too. It's mostly probably going to be some new rules for Black Legion, you know, like always.
>>
>>48356351
You don't enjoy Abadon or Huron? But everyone loves GWs unique and exciting characters in their games!
>>
>>48356348
unbound :^)
>>
>>48355800
Well, that's just plainly not true about the Slugga Boyz. They have 4 attacks on the charge, 3 because of two CCW in every turn of combat, furious charge, re rolling some charge dice, are hard to get out of combat, and have more access to strength 7 or higher weapons through their Boss Nob than tacticals have with their Sergeants.
>>
>>48356325
What did CSM Khorne players get? If you think khorne-demonkin, its more about demons, the CSM in there suffer from the same problems as in Codex CSM. The iconic unit berserkers are a joke as they are waaay too overpriced and can not take melee weapons other than chainaxes.
>>
>>48356384
When I play Chaos, I play Khorne, who doesn't have the same problems as the other groups. I feel their pain though, because Plague Marines and Noise Marines deserve much better than what GW has done for them.

In fact, it'd be nice to actually get to play World Eaters instead of KDK for once, and not have my army just be fucking terrible because the CSM codex is so bad.
>>
>>48356325
>there will be things for all CSM players to enjoy

Ha!
Is there a single person left in the CSM playerbase that actually believes this? At least I can still take pleasure in watching GW repeatedly shoot themselves in the foot.
I really look forward to the absolute debacle this new 'end times' -->8th edition they have planned for 40k.

The only pleasure I get from this hobby is painting, modeling, and watching GW rot from within.
>>
>>48355602
>sniper
>short distances
>>
>>48356518
Not me.
>>
File: Sonicportal.jpg (99KB, 529x660px) Image search: [Google]
Sonicportal.jpg
99KB, 529x660px
>>48354942
Don't forget

>2 Khorne centric formations
>The Heldrake fear sqaud just ported into the book
>A waste of space formation that includes Mutilators
>A possesed centric formation like we don't have enough
>A 'take all the daemon-engines' formation
>A take fucking every other formation formation
>>
>>48356168

>26 attacks

>13 hits

>6 wounds

>2 dead space marines
>>
File: Kharn-bloodied.jpg (188KB, 767x1251px) Image search: [Google]
Kharn-bloodied.jpg
188KB, 767x1251px
>Khârn’s bloodlust began to rise once again.

>‘So be it. We will meet the Adeptus Astartes forces here, no matter how great they might be, and slaughter them all.’

>‘Wait.’

>Roderbar was staring at one of his few undamaged screens.

>‘Their bombardment has stopped. They… are being fired upon.’

>Khârn stepped back towards the shipmaster. What trickery was this?

>‘By whom?’

>Khârn raised Gorechild and pointed it at Roderbar’s head. Without blinking, the shipmaster pointed down to a blue light winking just below his bloody hand.

>‘There is an emergency communication coming in. Shall I…’

>Khârn growled at the stupidity of the question. Roderbar flicked a switch, and a speaker crackled into life.

>‘This is Captain Locq of the Hounds of Abaddon. I am engaging the Angels Eradicant fleet and will destroy it momentarily. I will board your vessel as soon as this has been achieved.’

>Khârn looked at Roderbar. The shipmaster was trying to hide his astonishment and failing.

>‘Any attempt by you to flee, open fire on my fleet or prevent access to your ship by my warriors will result in your immediate destruction. I await confirmation of your agreement to these terms. They are non-negotiable.’

>Khârn looked around the bridge. Smoke belched from ruined cogitators, parts of servitors were strewn between burning consoles and the entire ship groaned as if it were in pain. Blood raging, he bellowed an oath and slammed Gorechild into the briefing table, cleaving it in two. Breathing in deeply, he closed his eyes and saw the image of the blood river flowing before him. Turning to Roderbar, he nodded once.

>With a grunt, the shipmaster reached up and pulled down his vox transmitter to respond.

How is Kharn going to respond to this?
>>
>>48356660
Yeah CSM players should seriously just give up on this game. Theres absolutely no excuse for a company as big and successful as GW to have the worst rules in the industry. And continuing to believe the next release, or the next edition will 'make things better' - just suggests an addiction.

Move on, there are plenty of other games.
>>
>>48356787
Other games aren't that great either balance wise
Not as bad as gw ofc but people are still likely to get fucked over if they want to play certain things
>>
>>48356168
So 180 points of Slugga Boyz kills 210 points of Grav Devastators with 70+ points of Boyz remaining. What's your point?
>>
>>48356733
RIP AND TEAR !
>>
Would anyone give me a funny look if I made a Crypt Haunter and Crypt Infernal, then used the third one in the box to make a Vargheist and run it as my Varghulf? Or is it way too small?
>>
>>48356822
Eh, I play a lot of games besides 40k - including campaign board games, Infinity, Malifaux, and X-Wing.

40k is the only game that feels like a pain in the ass to play. There are far too many problems with it. The fact that its the main game by the most successful company in the industry suggests it is exactly what they intend it to be. Why continue supporting it if its not enjoyable.

But if you think its fun to play, more power to you.
>>
>>48356286
and people wonder why I love my pair of deredeos when 3 people at my store play flying bugs.
>>
>>48356924

Your penis is way too small, sigmarposter.
>>
>>48356925
Oh I'm not saying it's fun to play absolutey not I'm just saying the alternatives aren't very much better
>>
File: Pain.png (378KB, 851x1006px) Image search: [Google]
Pain.png
378KB, 851x1006px
>All this CSM crying
>Our book sucks!
>We had to wait 4 years!
>mfw
>>
>>48356989
That's supposed to be a Sister of Battle, right? You got the everything wrong.
>>
File: 1468219950196.jpg (236KB, 1104x622px)
1468219950196.jpg
236KB, 1104x622px
So lads, noticed people have been talking about Necrons an awful lot in this thread so wanted to ask a question, I really want to get into 40k and necrons are probably my first choice, however i'm slightly hesitant as i really like the HQ choices and their law but worried that they all might get cut in the next ed because Geedubs seem to be favouring customizable un-named hqs instead like in Aos.
>>
File: image.jpg (54KB, 600x346px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
54KB, 600x346px
>>48356989
>a fellow player voices displeasure at being treated like shit by games workshop

>"NOOOO FAGGOT, SHUT THE FUCK UP. Me! Me! Me! Me! Me! Me! Me! Me!"
>"Your irritation is invalid because mine!"
>>
>>48356672
1 dead space marine. The exact number of unsaved wounds is 1.44444. In case you forgot how basic rounding works, 4 rounds down, not up.
>>48356833
That even In the best possible scenario for the orks, and the worse possible scenario for the marines, the ork boyz come out with a phyrric victory at best. And in an optimized gladius, the boyz die before they can even charge.
So hitting on 6s doesn't matter, because grav cannons will still fuck the boyz day up, because it's the best fucking gun in the game
>>
>>48357067

In the past GW has axed named characters if they didn't produce models for them. I think all Necron named characters have models so they won't be axed probably.
>>
>>48356660
INB4 they go full Fires of Cyraxus and gives CSM Traitor Legion stuff.
>>
Explain to me why the fuck GW is releasing all these mono-pose, single models for the cost of a squad of 10?

I just want a haemonculus but this guy costs almost the same as a box of warriors, I may as well buy a warrior box, convert the guy out of a body + spare parts and then have a ton of extra guys for weapon options.
>>
>>48357187
Looks like you're too clever for GW's tricks. We're all very impressed. You should apply to Mensa.
>>
>>48357187
Welcome to modern GW. They really think shitty clampack heroes are worth that much, and no they don't give a shit if you want more than one of the same hero.

>But muh start collecting
>b-but muh new ceo, GW is g-getting better guys

Ignore these meme arguments.
>>
>>48357209
But... I want the unique, 'offical' model.

I'm just going to wait for it to go up on ebay
>>
>>48357253
Until GW shows us something different, they will continue to be a shitty studio run by out of touch suits and greedy accountants. That's surviving on the accomplishments of talent that has been gone for years. Stop giving these dumbfucks money and force their hand.
>>
File: 54 pounds for three models.jpg (338KB, 1600x1072px) Image search: [Google]
54 pounds for three models.jpg
338KB, 1600x1072px
>>48357292
Except we all know what happens when people stop giving them money.

There is no better.
>>
>>48357100
>That even In the best possible scenario for the orks, and the worse possible scenario for the marines
No, in the expected average scenario, an inferior force of Orks earns its points back and then some and has enough models left to remain a (minor) threat.

Also, the Slugga Boyz do 0.833 unsaved wounds shooting and then 2.00 unsaved wounds on the charge. You're forgetting Furious Charge.
>>
>>48357358
those are so over designed they hurt my eyes
>>
>>48357253

Your point about the clampack heroes shoots down any validation the start collecting argument may have had. The perceived value of the Start Collecting sets includes the outrageous price of the heroes.
>>
>>48357360
>2.00 unsaved wounds on the charge.
Sorry, that should be 2.16 wounds on the charge. They lose 1 Boy to overwatch, 1 on the first round of combat, and less than one on the second round of combat. The Marines are all dead by the third round of combat.
>>
File: 1467553498951_crop_7300x7300.jpg (8MB, 7300x7300px) Image search: [Google]
1467553498951_crop_7300x7300.jpg
8MB, 7300x7300px
>>48357073
>Makes a greentext with the same guy used in 30k other greentext posts because he thinks he has the moral highground.
>>
>>48357424

hell of a cropped image.
>>
>>48357424
Why is that so huge?
>>
>tfw tried three different sites to trade away my second army I never play
>all I get are shit offers and scams

I am going to have to sell these shits on ebay, aren't I?
>>
>>48357424

Proofread your posts please. I cant even decipher what your insult is trying to say.
>>
>>48357473
I'll bite for you anon

What oh what is your second army?

Also, what the fuck is with your click bait post?

>if I don't say someone has to ask
Well here's your (you)
>>
>>48357524
>What oh what is your second army?
~2500pts of Necrons. I shouldve said in my first post I support.
>Also, what the fuck is with your click bait post?
I don't know what a "click bait post" is but I am just sick of trying all these shitter sites (even went on Reddit).
Been trying to rid myself of them for a few months now since a friend backed out of selling them.
I would much rather invest in my main army.
>>
>>48357572
2500 points. Good fucking luck. I can't think of anyone who would ever buy an entire army that size unless it was under 40%msrp
>>
>>48357613
>Good fucking luck
Thanks, I will need it. Ideally I was just hoping to trade for some speshmuhreen stuff I need but I will proably end up making an Ebay account sooner than later and put the army up in pieces.
>>
Speaking of selling models. Why do people ask for stupid prices for their models with mediocre paint job. Sure, you've put a lot of your time into that model, but don't expect anyone to pay for your time, they just want the model and even then in most cases they have to strip the paint off.
>>
>>48357641
Just remember eBay take 10% of the value.

If you're splitting it I'm surprised there were no bites
>>
>>48357658
Stupid people with more money than sense dropping shit loads of dosh on "pro-painted" nonsense.
>>
>>48357658
I would only pay extra money if the model is painted absolutely amazingly and will be a centerpiece of my army. Anything besides that makes the item worth less to me.
>>
>>48357674
Haven't split it up yet because I was hoping to trade. I didn't know Ebay took such a high percent.
If thats the case I may just sit on them and desperately try to trade them away a couple times a year.
>>
>>48357685
Pretty much, I paid to have my LoC painted because I want it to be the focus of my army while the cheap chaff I paint

>>48357703
Neither did, I was pissed when $400 became $360
if you have the cannon for a doomsday ark or more than one, I'd be interested in that bit
>>
>>48357756
>if you have the cannon for a doomsday ark or more than one, I'd be interested in that bit
If I still had them I would, gave the two spares from my Ghost Arks to a local player whos trying to convert an Imperial Knight to Necrons.
>>
>>48357641

>hoping to trade for some speshmuhreen stuff I need

What kind of SM stuff are you looking for and what do you have?

My friend recently bought the start collecting Necrons and is saving up to purchase multiple boxes to boost his army.
>>
>>48357933
Honestly at this point I would take B@C and 6 Razorbacks if I could find them.
I have 40+(I think its at least 45) Warriors, 10 immortals, 8 sword and shield lychguard. 3 Tombblades 2 monoliths, 2 Ghost Arks, 2 Anhilation Barges, 2 Doom/Night Scythes, 2 Overlords, Doomsday Ark, Orikan, Obyron, I can't remember this LoW's name. The Nightbringer shard and a fuckton of scarabs.

The entire lot is primed Army Painter Platemail but a few pwarriors, most of the immortals and lychguard + HQs as well as one of the Ghost Arks and one of the Scythes.
>>
>>48357985
>Honestly at this point I would take B@C and 6 Razorbacks if I could find them.
Like thats a bad deal or something? If I ordered that online through a discount vendor it would still be over $400
>>
>>48357846
>a local player whos trying to convert an Imperial Knight to Necrons.
Why? Cant crons take a renegade knight as an ally? Wouldnt crons scoff at the lumberring, graceless fire magnet that their basic weapons could tear apart easily?

To each his own, I guess.
>>
>>48357985
I have an idea.

Just play Necrons and bring glory to your Phaeron
>>
>>48358167
>If I ordered that online through a discount vendor it would still be over $400
At my shop Razorbacks are $37 and B@C is $127 so it be ~$350 for me.
Also that would be if I was demanding everything NiB. All my models would be assembled I couldn't complain if the others were second hand off ebay.
I haven't added up the Necrons but if I were to buy the whole lot again I from scratch I assume it would be closer to $700.
But if you want to add it up please let me know cause it would be helpful

I should probably just do it myself
>>
>>48358223
I tried my best to enjoy them but I do not have Destroyers or Wraiths which would be more towards my playstyle (and 'competitive' meta).

As is I run a Decurion (with the flier or annihilation auxiliaries) with an Orikan Star which has been great for what it is supposed to do (though I have never used these monoliths and usually ask to use them as terrain pieces)

They kill stuff and glance thing but it is slow and grindy to me. Very boring.
>>
>>48357985
I could totally trade a new Calth set and like 5 or 6 rhino tanks plus whatever guns I can find. Dunno how we could though. Maybe email me?
>>
File: image.jpg (44KB, 600x620px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
44KB, 600x620px
So what is the best looking tank in the game and why is it the Macharius Vanquisher? The Macharius MegaDakka comes in second, though.
>>
>>48358335
Don't get me excited anon.
Are you in the US by any chance? I technically have a bunch of styrofoam and plastic tub all set up to transport these babies (and a second small carboard box with more foam) but it would probably cost a ton to ship overseas.
>>
>>48358335
I actually got a big portion of these Necrons from a trade with another anon who took my Dreadmob.
>>
>>48358376
The best looking tank in the game is the 1/35 M60 Patton Counts As Leman Russ Battle Tank. GW armor looks like ass, I can't believe anyone actually spends money on it.
>>
>>48358241
Would you sell em by piece? Are they painted?
>>
File: Best4Bussines.jpg (26KB, 600x337px) Image search: [Google]
Best4Bussines.jpg
26KB, 600x337px
>>48358397
>mfw Ork Player Red Paperclips his shit tier army to a functional Decurion into Battle Company

God Speed you beautiful bastard.
>>
>>48358414
see
>>48357985
>he entire lot is primed Army Painter Platemail but a few pwarriors, most of the immortals and lychguard + HQs as well as one of the Ghost Arks and one of the Scythes.

I just realized I didn't and are partially painted.

Primed with Army Painter and used all Citadel Paints.

I am hesitant to piece it out as I would much prefer minis instead of money.

>>48358421
>Battle Company
Already plan on trading the 30k Terms and Dread for some Assault Marines and Devastators if I have to.
>>
I haven't been onboard on 40k in a few months.
What's new?
Dexes?
Rumors?
Models?
>>
>>48358467

FAQs
>>
>>48358467
They have a few different Start Collecting Boxes if you havent seen those.
>Rumors?
8ed by next year or something.
>>
>>48358467
>What's new?
FAQs (they suck)
>Dexes?
None.
>Rumors?
New CSM Codex and Genestealer Cults Codex, possibly by the end of the year.
>Models?
None.
>>
File: wow, it's fucking nothing.jpg (55KB, 248x252px) Image search: [Google]
wow, it's fucking nothing.jpg
55KB, 248x252px
>>48358473
>>48358486
>>48358495
Color me unimpressed.
>>
>>48358382
Canada actually, near the border.
>>
>>48358503
Yeah, FW is still doing HH shit and GW are trying to salvage Skubmar. I don't expect anything 40k related until at least Q2 2017. And even then, what ever comes out I don't expect to be good.

Life is suffering.
>>
>>48358546
Never shipped anything to Canada. Sent an email.
>>
Newfag question... What the hell's a decurion ?
>>
>>48358709

Google it dipshit
>>
Playing 1500 points as CMS with nurgle focus against skitarii with mechanicum allies
How do I approach this best?

So far my units have one or two points more in toughness and better saves but in terms of dakka the tinmen have double or trice the shots per squad for lower costs with almost guarantueed hits (from WS boosts or reroll rules)
There's also a tank/walker with S10 small blast but I can deal with this by deep striking obliterators near it, the larger problem is just the general high amount of strong dakka with special rules that increase wound potential drastically.
Even plaguemarines or chosen with MoN go down like guardsmen against all these shots.
My biggest success so far is using Typhus attached to a squad and hop from one melee to another but this is not really reliable
>>
>>48358461

You're supposed to use bikes and centurions with battle company. Unless you put Grav cannons on all the tac squads or play a crappy razorback build with upgraded turrets, your list will lack firepower.
>>
>>48358718

30k mechanicum or did you mean mechanicus?

Either way it's going to be hard.
>>
>>48358709
A formation formation, essentially. Offers benefits from the main formation, as well as the formations within.
>>
>>48358738
>you're supposed to use bikes and centurions with battle company

Sorry I guess the proper term is a Lion's Blade Strike Force. I plan on running them MSU in Razorbacks though, yes. With Auxiliary I can get it in under 1500 which is perfect for a 2000point game as I can add my 500pt RW list to it.
>>
>>48357985

Razorback is the shittiest variant of BC unless you were going to use them as rhinos and wanted the extra bits or the option to take a RB or two. Don't know why you morons keep thinking RBs is what makes BC strong. We only have like five fucking GT results and a dozen lists for you to examine, all using rhinos and pods. Fucking idiots.
>>
>>48358717
>https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Decurion_(Roman_cavalry_officer)
????
>>
File: spoon feed.jpg (19KB, 460x276px) Image search: [Google]
spoon feed.jpg
19KB, 460x276px
>>48358741
>>
>>48358740
oh sorry it's mechanicus
my opponent mostly fields kastelans and an HQ magos from their army
and I think one troop choice but I can't tell them apart from the skitarii

the kastelan's are absolutely insane so far
there are two of them and on charge they get like 12 powerfist attacks and their ranged capabilities are decent as well
>>
What's the best 40k book for warp related horror? Read 'flight of the eisenstein' and was dissapointed.
>>
File: 1465531338965.jpg (81KB, 843x624px) Image search: [Google]
1465531338965.jpg
81KB, 843x624px
>>48358784
One spoonfed post is superior to a useless post telling them to google it, then a whiny post complaining about the answer being posted.
>>
>>48358741
wouldn't it be a formation detachment?
>>
>>48358774
http://lmgtfy.com/?q=40k+decurion
>>
>>48358376
Because most other tanks are just Metal Bawkses so they don't look good.
Chimeras are my favorite IG tank
>>
>>48358856
Formations are detachments with special rules instead of command benefits, in all aspects except this one they are the same.
>>
>>48358773
Do you have any idea how they would be for a Lion's Blade instead?
I don't need to win a GT just not get crushed. Especially don't want to spam drop pods and Rhinos look even more boring and would require more tacticals (thus points).
>>
>>48358987
so detachment of formations for even more clarity
>>
>>48359014

Rhinos require exactly same amount of Tacticals as Razorbacks. You don't have to fill the transports you know. And firing Grav cannon from a hatch is better than buying turrets for Razorbacks.
>>
>>48359107
>Rhinos require exactly same amount of Tacticals as Razorbacks. You don't have to fill the transports you know.

True I just thought it would be a waste.

>And firing Grav cannon from a hatch is better than buying turrets for Razorbacks.

This is also probably true but I also want the vehicle to do something once my small units disembark them.
>>
>>48359149

Well, that's one way to approach it I guess.

As far as I know, Assault cannon turrets are the best for Razorback battle company. Of course GW RB kit only comes with Twin-linked Lascannon and TL Heavy Bolter turrets, so you might want to consider third party over Forgeworld. Here's a good one:

http://bitspudlo.com/products/gatling-cannon-platform

It's 2 dollars cheaper than FW version and looks pretty good.
>>
>>48359149
Once you're out of the metal box, the box's number 1 mission is protecting your dudes as a living shield, using the 6" flat out move in the shooting phase so you can play Galaga with Marines.
>>
>>48359107
>>48359149
I started with 3 rhinos and B@C (use my Tac Squads in 10 man squads)
How should I equip these HQs when I get to playing? I have a Captain and a Chaplain obviously as well as 10 Assault Marines and 10 Devastators .

I haven't gotten to playing the game yet or putting together the assaults or devs. However I understand for the most part and have been watching a lot of bat reps.
>>
>>48358176
>Wouldnt crons scoff at the lumberring, graceless fire magnet that their basic weapons could tear apart easily?
They seem pretty fond of them, actually.
>>
>>48356286
thats not too harsh of a nids list really
there is no reason for marines to lose to that
>>
>>48359258
Thanks. I have a fair amount of Assault Cannons from all my Ravenwing stuff so perhaps I could do it myself with the Razorbacks turrets. Have to figure out how many I have though.

>>48359264
>mfw that I just realized that is what ever SM player does to me
Thanks, you are truly better than I.
>>48359274
Is this for Dark Angels or Space Marines codex? If it is the second then I can't really help and honestly probably not much with the first either.

I was going to beef up one of the Assault Marine Squads in my Battle Company and putting both my Chap n Cap in there geared out for assault and pray they get some fun.

However that is because I want my battle company for a more fair match as most people don't enjoy the Mobile AP2 Spam that is Ravenwing.
>>
>>48355414
Stop talking shit.
>>
What's a good starting point for a vehicle focused IG list? Got the start collecting box for it but don't know where to go from here. Do I just keep buying leman russes?
>>
>>48356317
>play nids
>don't bring flyrants
>tau/eldar/sm players ask why i dont bring any flyrants, since "they're the best unit"
>just dont like them
>come across 2 flyrants for the price of 1
>same players are now calling me a waacfag for bringing flyrants
every time without fail
>>
>>48359014

RB may be the worst choice but it's still strong as fuck. And DA is actually quite different from vanilla so just disregard my post as it wasn't directed explicitly at you nor condemning RB builds, merely reminding the multitudes of ignorant posters that pods and Rhinos are statistically more successful. RBs offer the most free points but you have to realize that's only because RBs are overpriced and the other transports underpriced.
>>
>>48359939
Pretty much.
>>
>>48359939

Get
>a battery of wyverns
>a manticore
>Leman Russ squadron of your choice
>>
So I got warbikers, ork boyz, gretchin and kannons now.
What for elite?
>>
>>48360114
BURNA TRUKKS!!!
>>
>painting space hulk Stealers
>have random Caliban green
>decide to paint the terminator helmets Dark Angels for the new Space Hulk game
>paint them
>...

goddamnit
>>
>>48360017
Also Chimeras.

At least 2-3 for troops and a CCS.
>>
>>48356332
CSM, actually. BTFO bitch
>>
>painting space hulk stealers
>have random caliban green
>decide to paint the terminator helmets green in honor of the new Space Hulk game
>paint them
>...

goddamnit
>>
>>48359939
The start collecting set isn´t very good, heavy weapons teams are bad especially in armoured lists, commissars aren´t worth it ever, especially not in squads of 10 vets in chimeras.

Pask (in a punisher) and another leman russ (preferrably a cheap version) is a must. Next you either get 2 veteran squads in chimeras or 3 more leman russes and an enginseer.

You should choose to either use the Cadia formations which allow you to avoid infantry entirely or whether you´ll just stick with a normal CAD.

If you do choose to go for the CAD option you´ll need 2 units of veterans w. plasma or meltaguns and a chimera for each squad.
>>
>>48360191
>>48359939
Keep in mind this is a WAAC opinion, so if youre not super competitive don't worry about it.
>>
>>48357406

>waaaah they look too good, waaaaah WAHHHHH
>>
>>48357406
>he says in a fucking WH40k thread
>>
File: 1468284587955.jpg (424KB, 514x836px) Image search: [Google]
1468284587955.jpg
424KB, 514x836px
>>48359948
>playing dark eldar vs Tyranids
>"I don't like flyrants, I think they're something only 'THAT GUY' would bring"
>"Oh boy, poison spam!"
>instant death a warrior
>*SIGH*
>"Do you normally equip your troops with agonizers or DID YOU KNOW I was bringing tyranids?"
>Gives me this pained look when I shoot at his tyrant over his gaunts. "You're allowed to do that in the game... but in reality I think they would be more afraid of the guants"
>"Oh, your disintergrator cannon is ap2? I guess that's another occasion my tyrant is killed without a save!"

Just bring your fucking flyrants you pansy.
>>
>>48360484
>>48359948
This is why I kept my Tau army. You get nasty with me, I'll get nasty with you.
>>
What was that big tournament they just had in the United States?
Was it ITC or what?
Was talking to a few guys when I stopped for paints after work and they said one had first place taken by a Dark Angel list that wasn't RW Super Friends.
>>
>>48360548
You seem to have missed the point of those two posts but good job trying to justify your riptide wing.
>>
>>48354050
In my headcanon, Tyranids will save the day during the 14th Black Crusade.
Abbadon conquers Cadia, then a billion Nids appear out of the Eye and the Crusade is so busy fighting the Nids that the Imperium reclaims Cadia
>>
So it looks like I planned for a pretty decent match of pin the tail on the Astartes this weekend.

2000pts per player 2v2 Dark Angels and Space Wolves against Nurgle Daemons with CSM and a Multigod 90% sure it is going to be Summoning shit..

Haven't gotten a multiplayer game in a while, especially against Daemons. I know the Summoner Daemon Player from the more competetive matches I have seen and played. Nurgle Daemons/CSM was pretty cool in the campaign and is more of a bro-tier player.

I can't really decide how I want to bring my DA but I am leaning towards a RW and DW list with both Strikeforces and a RW Support Squadron. Space Wolves is taking a normal CAD apparently with a TWC Star and TWolfLord with drop hunters and some Long Fangs. May bring Murderfang and some bloodclaws in his flier.

Pretty hyped but now its going to make my work week slower.
>>
>>48360671
>14th Black Crusade.

13th is the final crusade, its supposed to reach Terra.
>>
>>48360770

Supposed to. If it doesn't and it fails, Abaddon will surely launch a 14th right? Or is it since this is the largest and greatest crusade of all time with the ultimate goal of reaching and destroying Terra, if it fails there is no more future attempts?
>>
>>48360671
In my headcannon, the thing that the nids are running from in the expanses of space are actualy Human Colonies from the Dark Age of Technology that never fell to chaos/men of iron and instead show what humanity would look like if they progressed the whole time. In the final hour when Abaddon the Armless is about to lay waste to Terra after its defences get over-run, Large Dreadnought ships ftl warp in around terra, treasure hunters looking for the fabled planet of Gold held by their ancestors.
>>
>>48360187
>t. plays an army that's so NPC they don't even get flyrants
>>
>>48358785
You can't win, give up.
>>
>>48360770
>its supposed to

And you were supposed to follow the damn train, CJ.
>>
>>48361045
You can't give up, win.
>>
>>48360606

Bay Area Open. The list was Lion's Blade Battlecompany with some Ravenwing. Frontline gaming has tournament coverage article including the list.
>>
>>48360770
and the bills were supposed to win the superb owl

>final
He could call the next one 13th crusade 2: this time things will be different, but it's still the 14th crusade.
>>
>>48360895
If Abaddon fails after all of this I doubt he'll raise another crusade again.
>>
>>48361132
And those crusades would be aimed at finding a safe passage out of the Eye, after he destroyed Cadia and closed the Cadia Gate, the only safe passage in and out of the Eye. He already once did a crusade for this and it didn't end so well.
>>
>a unit that fired in the Shooting phase can only charge the unit that it targeted during that turn’s Shooting phase.

This means you can't charge a unit after you shoot its transport vehicle to death (forcing disembarkation), right?
>>
File: abby.jpg (93KB, 696x820px) Image search: [Google]
abby.jpg
93KB, 696x820px
>>48361132
>>48361107
How did he even get to attempt 13 anyway.

How many crusades does he need to fuck up before everyone realises he's just a giant failure and stop supporting him?
>>
>>48361160
I mean, dedicated transports are part of the unit...
>>
>>48361188
That's why I'm uncertain. Although dedicated transports don't act as part of the unit, and what if it was purchased as a fast attack or heavy support option instead?
>>
>>48361160
There is a an addendum under the effects of vehicle damage to passengers saying if they'[re forced to make an emergency disembarkation as a result of the shooting attack you're allowed to charge them.

tl;dr if you destroy a transport you can charge any guys that come out same turn.
>>
>>48361169
The last like four were just leading up to the 13th crusade. He went to gothic (the 12th crusade) just to get the blackstone fortresses, for example. Kinda like how Gazzy went to Piscina to test his tellyporta technology for Armageddon round 2.

Of course, he completely squandered them and let them get punked by necrons and torp spam, but he did give it the old college try.

>>48361132
he already did

literally the only thing he has going for him is persistency at this point
>>
>>48361169
There's a bit of writing I remember where Abaddon is thinking to himself about how he's so attractive to the Dark Gods because he won't submit to them and even if they leave him and toss their weight behind someone else eventually they come back to him for entertainment.
>>
>>48361188
No they're not, they're selected alongside but they're separate units.
>>
>>48361160

This question gets asked so much: read your fucking rulebook

>If a Transport is destroyed by a shooting attack, any unit that shot it that turn can, if
allowed, charge the now disembarked passengers.

READ THE RULEBOOK NIGGER

THE WHOLE FUCKING THING
>>
>>48361256
>REEE REEE REEE YOU NEED TO MEMORIZE EVERY SINGLE FUCKING PAGE OF THE BOOK AND IF YOU CAN'T FIND A RULING YOU'RE NOT ALLOWED TO ASK FOR HELP
>NORMIES GET OFF MY BOARD REEEE

and /40kids/ wonder why everyone else hates them
>>
File: simsons monkey fight.jpg (36KB, 528x310px) Image search: [Google]
simsons monkey fight.jpg
36KB, 528x310px
>>48361240
So what you're saying is he's their fighting monkey?
>>
>>48361301
Yet somehow he was able to find it and all of us knew the rule.

The fault is on you/the person you're defending, not everyone else. So take your frog memes and spoonfeeding attitude elsewhere.
>>
>>48361301
I bet your games go on for hours because you have to look up a rule every time someone wants to do something
>>
>>48361317

He wouldn't even be able to find the rule, he'd have to ask for help.
>>
>>48361301
Next time you have a dumbass question, read the fucking rules.
>>
>>48361301

Yes, you should read every single fucking page of the rules before you ask a rules question. That's pretty basic fucking shit isn't it? You don't have to read the dumb lore shit but you should at least be reading all the fucking rules before you ask questions about shit you didn't even bother to read. Like, the fuck is wrong with you? What do you think "reading the rulebook" means? Cause it doesn't mean skimming or skipping entire sections.
>>
File: incredulous.gif (4MB, 400x224px)
incredulous.gif
4MB, 400x224px
>>48361328
>>48361317
>>48361316
>>48361352

>this is what 40k players actually believe
>>
>>48361328
>>48361342
>>48361352
It's a fair question, the rules for it aren't under 'shooting' or even 'transports', you have to go to the page with 'effects of vehicle damage on passengers'.
>>
>>48361256
Can you shoot at the passengers that disembarked if you have more weapons to shoot from the unit?

Example: Grey Knight Terminator Squad's Psycannon punches the last hull point off a Chimera, the Guardsmen disembark. Can the remaining Terminators fire their Storm Bolters into the squad, or can they only charge them?
>>
>>48361381

Well you should kind of know what shooting at a vehicle entails. Are you implying you were never going to read the vehicle consequence section?

>>48361364
>this is what illiterate retards who expect instant spoonfed meals actually believe

This is why you should never spoonfeed. Give an inch and they take a mile.
>>
>>48361407

Shooting doesn't work like that. You shoot all your shots at the vehicle and if it blows up your extra shots just go to waste. Did you even read the shooting rules?
>>
It's been a really long time since I delved into the lore on a consistent basis (been reading back up on it for a week or so) but I've always wondered if the emp upon realizing he was attracting the nids plans on taking them close enough to, and in such numbers, to cause the eye to weaken enough for him to allow himself to "safely" die and be reborn.

It seems to fit the humanity always fucking up the plans he never tells anyone about theme.
>>
>>48361412
>MUH SPOONFEEDING BOOGEYMAN

I wonder why 40k's player numbers are stagnating when the fanbase reaches for the fucking pitchforks and rifles every time someone deigns to ask a question about their bloated rulebook.
>>
>>48361465
>stagnating
>implying we don't have a million start collecting and dumb newfag rules questions in ever increasing numbers each general

Newfag pls go. Like, this very current conversation you're having right now stems from a new player. It's happening right fucking now before your very own eyes and you don't see it.
>>
>>48361465

There's a reason all your high school teachers told you to read the book when you asked dumb questions after not doing your assignments in school.

You didn't even "deign" to read the fucking rules, why are you even asking about them? You're the kind of idiot who would ask what a USR does instead of just looking it up in the book or on google then scream about how people tell you to fuck off because you just want to be spoonfed.

I bet you don't even use google, you just ask your retarded questions on /tg/.
>>
New to the game but ive really getting into the lore and i wanna go into chaos! I wanna make a word bearer army how screwed am i?
>>
>>48361496
Not new, just returning, haven't played in like 6 years.
>>
>>48361553
Not too much.
Your fluff justifies only taking cultists as troops as well as allying in a better army!
>>
>>48361553
Buy Betrayal at Calath, run your marines as vanilla space marines painted as Word Bearers in 40k but convince some people to play 30k with you.
>>
Hey guys I used to play during 2nd edition but I don't have time to read the current rulebook or the money to buy one. I flipped through a copy once but it was too long and badly written. Could someone please explain the game to me? Just a quick outline, how far can units move and what phases are there now?
>>
File: cenalaugh.gif (2MB, 193x200px)
cenalaugh.gif
2MB, 193x200px
>>48361512
>btfo unending

I just wonder why you get so mad about people asking simple questions

can't be healthy for you.
>>
>>48361598
Please just read the OP.
>>
>>48361617
khorne worship
>>
>>48361598
Units can move 6" unless they are eldar, in which they can move more, shoot, and then move again. There is 6 phases
Shock: Learning the state of the game
Pain: Feeling the tier list
Anger: Getting mad at those who armies are more favored then yours. Continue to then shitpost.
Depression: Constant weaping on how GW is dying because of their shitty rules
Bargaining: Saying that just a new plastic model or two or a revamped codex would make you happy.
Acceptance: Learning that there is much more to the game then shitposting about every little thing and instead enjoying the Hobby aspect of it.
>>
>>48361578
What do you mean by allying like taking nurgle daemons for example?
>>
>>48361081
Thanks Champ.
>>
>>48361699
In the fluff they're all about daemons and have special rituals to summon them so it makes sense to have significant daemon allies.
>>
>>48360144
>BURNA TRUKKS!!!
But are they effective?
I got warbikers, Kannons, footslogging slugga boyz and gretchins so far, keep in mind.
Putting 12 s4 flamers seem on a unit seems fun though
>>
>>48361720
Thats awesome. So i can bring the plague god my favorite. Guo here i come
>>
>>48361626
But piracy is wrong
>>
>>48361738
Pros: daemons and cultists
Cons: hate sorcery unless daemons are doing it so no sorcerers.
>>
Took my Dark Eldar against IG today and lost.
My Scourge only took out one Leman Russ. His vets weren't too bad and matched up alright against my warriors. The flier did good enough but was shot down by artillery the turn after it entered.

Are all Dark Eldar HQs shit? I run my Succubus with 4 incubi in a Venom and I realized that in my few game the unit has done nothing remarkable. If anything 5 warriors in a Venom have gotten more work done.
>>
>>48362073
Try the 4 Incubi, but make 1 a Klaivex, and an Archon instead.
>>
What's the best set up for Tyranid warrior's?
>>
>>48362083
I do at least use one as a Klaivex, I suppose next time I will try the Archon.

Could you suggest a load out?
>>
>>48353252

>Necrontyrs had Mormon nudists

duly noted
>>
>>48360484
i play against smelldar with my bugs and its always fun since the guy plays nids too and he doesnt hold back at all
that aside, people who play high tier armies AND list tailor are cunts
>>
>>48361772
you're on 4chan; you have no room to complain
>>
>>48362099
A good sturdy shelf, decent lighting helps.
>>
>>48362105
Agonizers are pretty much standard, but you can mix it up by taking one of the other swords + the Soul trap for increasing strength. So eventually, if the Archon lives long enough, you've got s10 AP3's coming out from him.
>>
>>48362126
>correct

but if you REALLY wanna use them
>bare
>RC
>DS

one of the 3

but thats 90 points of flyrant you should be taking
>>
>>48362099
barebones, maybe replace their scything talons with rending claws if you intend to throw them at vehicles
>>
>>48354072
>Tournament nid list
>literally 3 flyrants, 1 crone and 3 mines.

You must be the life of the party.
>>
Which book has the most recent rules for the Macharius and variants?
>>
>>48362330
Cult-mechanicus/Skitarii codexi for 40k.

The Horus Heresey: Thagmata Army list for 30k
>>
File: image.jpg (57KB, 600x620px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
57KB, 600x620px
>>48362410
This Macharius?
>>
>>48362444
Sorry, skimmed briefly over thread. The Macharius is found in Imperial Armour:Volume 1 2nd edition
>>
>>48362527
Thanks anon. Anyone have a pdf of it?
>>
>>48362546
Here you go.
>>
File: Cato Sicarius.jpg (335KB, 1280x1528px)
Cato Sicarius.jpg
335KB, 1280x1528px
Is there any way to fit this guy into a competitive list? For the life of me, I can't do it.
>>
>>48362771
But that doesn't come with any of the weapon profiles or anything like that.

Could I have the full book, if possible, anon?
>>
What do you guys think is the best discipline to take on terminator librarians ?
Thinking of playing DA or GK.
>>
>>48362815
The fullbook would be in the OP in the first Mega.
>>
>>48362843
I'm afraid I can't access the mega on mobile for some reason. It's odd, as the mega worked for me earlier on the 30k general for the Mechanicum book but it doesn't work for me here or on the 40krpg general.
>>
>>48362815
>>
>>48362859
Restart your phone and makesure that you start the app from the link you get from the op link. I posted just the tank with every weapon profile in a following post.
>>
>>48362866
Thanks mate! Time to decide which one to add to my Iron Warriors Legion!

>>48362879
Oh, I don't have the app, which is the odd part as it seem like singular books work with mobile.
>>
>>48362780
well if you're doing competitive he's good for giving +1 reserve rolls and can give a tactical squad a USR, but i think you'd be better off taking calgar
>>
Right now I am running a 75% Deathwing 25% Ravenwing Army. I play at 1250 my last five games with poor results. Winning only two games since I built my army which isn't that bad but more than a bit demoralizing.

So my thoughts are to go full Deathwing (which someone said I can use Landraiders now that come in from reserves or something?) and pick up two Landraiders and maybe a drop pod Ven Dread.

OR

Make my 1500+ list more RW than DW.

Does the first have any merit or do Dark Angels need the Ravenwing Support more than Deathwing.

Can Deathwing be ran well with a small Green wing force?
>>
>>48363206

Full Deathwing is only going to make you lose more. The only reason you even won is because of the Ravenwing.
>>
>>48362832
telepathy. without much doubt.

because being blast-immune and hard to hit is about the best thing you can do for giving terminators actual survivability.
>>
>>48362780

Shove him in a battle company in place of the generic captain. The amount of points you waste on him isn't that high and he gives you a couple bonuses. You will be worse than a generic ultra battle company or a white scars list with or without khan but hey, sicarius battle company is still a battle company
>>
>>48363221
So let's say you DON'T get invisibility... what then?
>>
>>48362329
Dude everyone is bringing bullshit
>plus I'm a stand in so I can't just give away free wins

I don't understand everyones problem with flyrant spam, it should just piss you off GW doesn't give a fuck about Nids.
As a nids player I'm either losing turn 2 or going to turn 5
Idk about you, but I'd rather play 5 rounds of a cheesy list than have an easy win in 2
>>
>>48363239
>>48363221
Is there anywhere with like a tier list of the disciplines ? I'm wondering how good santic and interromancy are too ?
>>
>>48363283
>malefic
>telepathy
>biomancy
>santic (higher if you're facing daemons)
>divination
>pyromancy
>telekinesis

idk about the individual marine powers but santic isn't half bad with a lot of easy lv1 powers
>>
>>48363216
>The only reason you even won is because of the Ravenwing.

You are right. I have two Ravenwing Attack Squads, one with a Multimelta Attack Bike with Dual Multimelta Landspeeder and the other three biekrs with grav and combi grav and a Landspeeder with a Typhoon Missile Launcher and Heavy Bolter.

From what I have read I could add a Biker HQ with a 5 man Ravemwing Command Squad in a Ravenwing Strikeforce with a Darkshroud and second regular bike squad.

Right now I have my Interrogator Chaplain in Termi Armor (Using the Mace of Redemption and Storm Bolter) in a Deathwing Command Squad (Banner, Apothecary, Cyclone Missile Launcher and two Thunderhammers and Storm Shields) then two units of 6 terminators with three SS/TH termis, cyclones and a chainfist in each.

My last match against Tau Suits beat me turn one then on the replay turn three
>>
>>48363421

Yeah it sucks I like Terminators a lot and hate bikes but that's the way the game goes. If you're still going full Deathwing try and see if you can't use Spartans instead of Land Raiders. Or if you can't get the model see if your opponents will let you count the Land Raiders as Spartans.
>>
>>48363469
>Like terminators
>Hate bikes
Same here. Really don't like the current meta.
>>
Are Burnaboyz good or will they just die before getting Into flamer range?
>>
>>48363421
>>48363469
>>48363494

RW>DW

The sick amount of AP2 spam with their dank cover save and great speed is just such a fun army.
Still have a low model count but it can be played so aggressively and unlike their terminator counterparts can possibly assault turn two and live through overwatch.
>>
>>48363587
They'll die.
>>
>>48363239
most of the other telepathy powers are still useful, especially the primaris, so there is no reason not to use it.
>>
File: 20160718_172824.jpg (2MB, 2460x1602px) Image search: [Google]
20160718_172824.jpg
2MB, 2460x1602px
>>48358376
You got them mixed up... MegaDakka is the best.
>>
>>48358412
>Shilling about m60 countas
>Talking shit about GW models
>Not even using a good model like an m103
>>
>>48363754
God i love those tanks, I want to field them and baneblades as my entire army. I love Russ's as a unit but their model is so ass.
>>
>>48363350
The Marine ones are cool as shit too, especially with most armies largely fielding 4+ no invuln, Psykers can do some serious damage. Add in the ability to heal D3 wounds every turn (not to mention 3+ invuln and all the S/T boosts), a Librarius conclave will bring ungodly level of firepower.
>>
File: sh.jpg (357KB, 1211x800px) Image search: [Google]
sh.jpg
357KB, 1211x800px
>>48363754
>>48358376

Nothings beats the OG
>>
File: IMG_0706.jpg (2MB, 2592x1936px)
IMG_0706.jpg
2MB, 2592x1936px
>>48363926

they look a lot better if you widen the tracks and use FW chassis, but I agree overall they have some goofy proportions. I am told in the lore they are modified tractors, which would explain why their shape is so odd for a combat vehicle
>>
File: 1fs.jpg (122KB, 1024x681px) Image search: [Google]
1fs.jpg
122KB, 1024x681px
>>48363964
Those tanks are way too small to have doubletracks. Longer is the way to go. The only few tanks that would be worth doing doubletracks are the SHV tank destroyers.
>>
>>48363962
Yeah, I'm not sure about that model. Every time I see it all I think is that it's the 'wedding cake' of tanks.
Seems goofy to me.
>>
>>48363964
I saw that picture the other day and really like that look, double tracks and all. Kuddos to you
>>
>>48364088

Thanks, though I wish I had managed to get the tracks straighter.
>>
>>48363926
Running only super heavies on both sides can be fun if you're just playing a friendly game. Also keeps the games short!
>>
>>48364148
>tfw 30k has a Superheavy only FOC that lets you take up to 5.
I've never done it, but it sounds like it'd be great, just running an entire army of Macharius and Baneblades.
>>
>>48364148
Sounds awesome. I've always enjoyed mass slaughter of units over getting buried in tons of saves and clauses of various units. Lets me just imagine big explosions and fun than exploiting codex red tape.
>>
>>48364213
New Thread
>>48364213
Come all
>>48364213
>>
>>48363587
>>48363642

Hence why we put them in Gun Wagons or Battlewagons. Keep them open-topped, burn the fuck out of anything without AV or with T<5.

Remove anything with ObSec that way, maybe Tank Shock the rest.
>>
>>48363350
But do recall that Sanctic perils on any doubles unless you're GKs
>>
>>48360613
>Riptidewing

please. Unless an Eldar player is bringing out his WK or a Ad Mech player is playing I don't need that shit.

Most players bring the full Battle Company and think it's good.
Thread posts: 362
Thread images: 40

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoin at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Posts and uploaded images are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that website. If you need information about a Poster - contact 4chan. This project is not affiliated in any way with 4chan.