[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Base building and group management

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

How do you handle managing a base and organization of adventurers? I'm talking something like MGS and Assassin's Creed, where the leader (or leader party in the case of an RPG) goes out and adventures and stops the big bad threats, but still manages a group of lesser but competent adventurers, sending them out to far corners of the world to deal with trouble.

Are there any games (board game or RPG) that focus on this kind of thing? I was working on making a game about it a while back and I'm thinking of dusting off my notes.
>>
No interest, then?
>>
>>48345875

A kind of guild you mean?
>>
>>48347982
A fantasy guild. You know, sending your dudes out to go on quests.

I like the idea of something like ACBro and onwards where you can have your Assassin recruits go off and perform their own missions around Europe. Same with MGSV, where you can send people off to different parts of the world to do their own thing and gather resources and complete missions. I want a game that lets you do similar, with gathering up and building a civilization being a strong aspect of it. Like how in MGSV you need to gather up translators and such, and in Assassin's Creed you can buy buildings and spruce up Monteriggioni and Rome and Constantinople.

I've been kicking around the idea of making a board game based around that concept, and also I want to play an RPG where its a strong focus, and I want to know where to look for inspiration. I know the Song of Ice and Fire RPG at least has helping your House grow as part of it, and I'm looking into that.

And in board gaming you could maybe say that in Dead of Winter you're building a base, if you squint.
>>
>>48345875
Mutant Year Zero has an interesting system for this. The PC's adventure like PC's do, but the players also control the development of their "Ark" (post-apoc settlement/refuge), with development progress being based on some PC rolls. Might be worth looking at for you.
>>
>>48345875
Kingdom Death: Monster is sort of like that?
>>
>>48349805
Tell me more. All I know about that game is that its a shitload of money and the minis have titties.

>>48349772
Can you tell me more while I go... 100% totally legitimately purchase it?
>>
>>48350156
Well it's not so much based around sending teams out as it is around setting up infrastructure. As the game puts it though, the PC rolls "indicate the ability and interest of [the Ark people] as a whole." So that way there's a mechanical grounding with the PC's, without being 100% fluff dependent on the pcs.

If you find the Deep Blue Sea splat while looking, post links.
>>
>>48345875
Reign.
>>
>>48351081
go on
>>
>>48345875
The Palladium FRPG has some really good rules for this
>>
>>48351081

>Reign.

The default assumption in Reign is that the PCs are part of a company. A company in this case is a generic term to represent anything from a small gang or cult all the way up to a galactic empire. It's abstract in it's power levels.

Your company (controlled by the players) has actions every month that the PCs can participate in. So if you say raid the town *with* the company you can get bonus dice. If you don't they don't have a higher chance of failure, just no bonuses.

Otherwise its based on the ORE (One Rolle Engine) system, which is dicepool d10 system.
>>
Check Rogue Trader - Stars of Inequity. There is simple rules for creating colonies. After a bunch of homerules it can be really interesting.
>>
>>48345875
You can probably shanghai some stuff from Game of Thrones RPG.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoin at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Posts and uploaded images are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that website. If you need information about a Poster - contact 4chan. This project is not affiliated in any way with 4chan.