[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

EDH/Commander General

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 345
Thread images: 55

File: zgufzuk.jpg (27KB, 223x310px) Image search: [Google]
zgufzuk.jpg
27KB, 223x310px
Legends Edition

>RESOURCES

>Official Site: Contains deck building rules and the current ban list.
http://www.mtgcommander.net

>Deck List Site: You can search for decks that other people have made. Authors often have comments that explain their deck’s strategy and card choices.
http://www.tappedout.net

>Another resource for commander discussion; they have an entire forum dedicated to discussing decks. People often make primers, which go into detail about how they built and play their deck.
http://www.mtgsalvation.com/forums/the-game/commander-edh

>Statistically see what everyone else puts in their commander decks based on what is posted to the internet.
http://www.edhrec.com/

>Find out what lands you can add to your deck, sorted by category, based on a chosen Commander’s color identity.
http://manabasecrafter.com/

>CARD SEARCHING

>Official search site. Current for all sets.
http://gatherer.wizards.com/

>Unofficial, but has GOAT search interface
http://www.magiccards.info
>>
File: Emrakul.jpg (68KB, 312x445px) Image search: [Google]
Emrakul.jpg
68KB, 312x445px
>>48344513
unbanned when?
>>
what's the stupidest, jankiest secret tech land in your deck.
>>
>>48344757
Wake-me-up-when-this-ban-ends.
>>
>>48344513
>Bolas is reintroduced in the new storyline during some new Kamigawa block
>Tetsuo Umezawa aids Jace who is trying to find answers or some shit like he always does
>something tragic happens and Nico Bolas finds his spark to begin a new reign of terror
>Tetsuo has a spark that ignites too
>Storyline begins where occasionally we see Tetsuo trying to hunt Nico Bolas across different planes (we only see him occasionally though during blocks)

GO BACK, BACK TO THE PAST, GO BACK JACK

Also yeah yeah two grixis planeswalkers, but w/e it's my headcannon
>>
File: 1411907371593.jpg (36KB, 374x347px) Image search: [Google]
1411907371593.jpg
36KB, 374x347px
>>48343423
>>48343010
>complaining about hexproof
>>
>>48345085
It is the distinct combination of hexproof and edict resilience.
>>
File: marchesa-the-black-rose_1.jpg (89KB, 410x568px) Image search: [Google]
marchesa-the-black-rose_1.jpg
89KB, 410x568px
How does one build a deck for Marchesa for free-for-all multiplayer? What works, what's fun and what sucks? I got interested in her thanks to her commander's ability to keep creatures alive and abuse ETB effects. But that doesn't seem like what most decks are taking advantage of.

I see crazy level of variation when browsing netdecks and I have no idea how to play her in a viable way. I'm most interested in a controlly-aggro kinda deck since that's my preferred playstyle in general.

I'm looking at this highly rated "control Marchesa" deck and I don't understand what it really does besides take control of dudes and sac them, and that's about it.

http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/lelouch-vi-britannia-commands-you/

Seems like the commander does next to nothing in it and the level of synergy seems very low. I'm not saying that it looks weak but it just seems... lame.

Then there's this budget 30 dollar deck that seems really straightforward and powerful for EDH. Steal targets, sac them. Put counters on guys and never have them die with a couple of ETB effects to abuse. I briefly tested it out in a 1v1, and besides the lack of mana ramp, it seemed really good/fun. Even the shitty arcbound creatures were pretty powerful as infinite sac targets thanks to the free +1/+1 counters they get when ETB.

Anyway this post is kind of vague and all over the place, but maybe someone who's played a lot of Marchesa in different ways knows what's up.
>>
>>48344513
>Immune to Song of the Dryads and Darksteel Mutation
Suck it, Selesnya.
>>
>>48345128
>>Then there's this budget 30 dollar deck that seems really straightforward and powerful for EDH. Steal targets, sac them. Put counters on guys and never have them die with a couple of ETB effects to abuse. I briefly tested it out in a 1v1, and besides the lack of mana ramp, it seemed really good/fun. Even the shitty arcbound creatures were pretty powerful as infinite sac targets thanks to the free +1/+1 counters they get when ETB.

http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/budget-marchesa-the-black-rose/

here's the deck in question, forgot to link it
>>
>>48345134
>Immune to Imprisoned in the Moon as well
Bant? More like BTFO
>>
>>48345110
Edict is a poor answer for hexproof creatures.
>>
>>48345110
How about running GOOD removal instead of shit one?
>>
>>48345494
sac is very good at killing voltron monsters dead. Or against decks that will only have one or two creatures anyways

It's not the only kind type to run of course but it's a useful silver bullet.
>>
File: 1465347895334.jpg (127KB, 449x328px) Image search: [Google]
1465347895334.jpg
127KB, 449x328px
>what is glaring spotlight
>what is arcane lighthouse
>what is bonds of mortality
>hell what is even archtype of endurance
People not mainboarding hate against common game mechanics when considering deck condtruction, instead complaining about it
Wew lad
>>
>>48345557
It's not unwinnable and I am not claiming it was. it is just a frustrating combination.
>>
Does anyone have an example of a good budget deck for Karador or Grimgrin?
>>
>>48345395
Wrathing the board to get rid of one creature doesn't feel right either.

And Arcane Lighthouse sucks. No one can convince me otherwise.

I'm not the original guy complaining about Siggy, but Gravepacts and whatnot were my usual answer to these sorts of things.
>>
>>48345590
It's not frustrating at all and it's really easy to deal with.
>>
>>48345557
All you need is a fucking spider with deathtouch.
>>
>>48345110
>he doesn't have answers to hexproof can't be sacced
Shit, even my fuckin red deck has blasphemous act, oblivion stone, and chain reaction
>>
>>48345608
>Arcane Lighthouse sucks
>I make my opponents sac creatures until he sacs the one I want to remove!
No, you suck.
>>
File: power of friendship.png (135KB, 223x311px) Image search: [Google]
power of friendship.png
135KB, 223x311px
>>48344513
>>48345134
>>48345201
Take this!
>>
File: 1467552485734.png (290KB, 569x732px) Image search: [Google]
1467552485734.png
290KB, 569x732px
>>48345608
>a land that can randomly blow people out sucks
>>
>>48345608
Is this in 1v1 context? Because in multiplayer sigarda tron is going to be trash unless everyone is playing deck full of craw wurms.
>>
Having put together Saffi again, it occurred to me that as if SOI, GW can win straight off of a TNN. Before, I needed a sac outlet, but the closest thing GW had to a free sac outlet creature was Mirror Entity. Now, I get Reaper of Flight Moonsilver.

>Get RoFM + Boonweaver
>Boonweaver gets Pattern of Rebirth
>Sac BW
>Get Karmic Spirit Guide
>Bring Back BW and Pattern
>Sac again and get Revielark
>sac Revielark and Guide
>get Saffi and Guide
>get Revielark with Guide
>proceed to get every creature in your deck
>>
File: images(10).jpg (15KB, 223x310px) Image search: [Google]
images(10).jpg
15KB, 223x310px
>>48345644
>green doomblade
Green Doomblade
>>
>>48345644
I love the recluse, but Silklash Spider is my favorite answer to flying.
>>
File: das.jpg (35KB, 223x310px) Image search: [Google]
das.jpg
35KB, 223x310px
So I'm building 50 Creature Mimeoplasm
What's your spiciest Graveyard tech?
>>
>>48345680
It's mostly just the feelbad of using a boardwipe to deal with one dude

Answers are packed. There is just something that bothers me about needing a much more narrow silver bullet than normal.
>>
>>48345778
>german
nazi slime go
>>
>>48345778
Phage the untouchable
>>
>>48345799
German copies of cards are really funny
>>
File: 1d1.jpg (44KB, 680x465px) Image search: [Google]
1d1.jpg
44KB, 680x465px
>>48345781
>feelbad to use a boardwipe to save your ass
If your only answer is a boardwipe or you're dead, it isn't a feel bad, it's the right play.
>>
>>48345703
>yfw Tetsuo doesn't have hexproof, but protection from Auras
Yeah no, still btfo
>>
>>48345593
Karador + Spore Frog + Vedalken Orrery
Grimgrin + Gravecrawler + Rooftop Storm/Phyrexian Altar

the other 98 cards can be whatever you want
>>
>>48345799
>implying no english speaking nation ever has never caused any sort of total genocide on another race/country purely for the fact that they were not white/english
#notallgermans
>>
>>48345804
you a funny guy
>>
>>48345849
well no one else was systematically using gas chambers
>>
File: 90.jpg (65KB, 312x445px) Image search: [Google]
90.jpg
65KB, 312x445px
>>48345822
French can be funny, too
>>
>>48345822
Spanish white knights have protection from negro
>>
File: images(11).jpg (17KB, 443x332px) Image search: [Google]
images(11).jpg
17KB, 443x332px
>>48345890
True
>>48345883
This guy is a french delay
>>
>>48345841
>a 3/3 is super tricky to deal with

Typical tripfag, thinks he's smart when in reality he is dumb
>>
>>48344904
It would never happen because of WotC, but holy shit I want that so much. So god dam much.
>>
File: 116.jpg (48KB, 312x445px) Image search: [Google]
116.jpg
48KB, 312x445px
Ay ay ay
>>
>>48345778
Jodah's Avenger makes the Mimeoplasm an unblockable OHKO with a 10+ power creature. Dreamscape Artist is surprisingly good ramp + discard. Voidslime is flavorfully fitting and can counter a Bojuka Bog trigger.
>>
>>48345841
dumb tripfag
>you'll never play with this literal faggot
>>
>>48345128
>>48345153
I've never seen a good list but the strongest Marchesa multiplayer deck would probably just go massive with Sneak Attack and blow people out that way. The commander doesn't offer any form of inevitability so you also need late game potential - thankfully, you've got access to counterspells and some good ways to shut down opposing combos.

I'll see if I can come up with a list and let you know if I do, though it'll probably be not-budget-semi-competitive for the sake of experiment.
>>
>>48345128
I've been playing her for a few months, I think in a way that's close to what you want. I started out with a focus on chaos-inducing spells as all my games are middle-power 3/4-player FFA, but I'm moving towards a stronger deck capable of closing out games. Here's my current list, hope it helps:
http://deckstats.net/decks/54826/525327-marchesa-2-0/en
>>
>>48344834
Thawing glaciers in mld
>>
>>48346238
thanks i'll take a look at it

how accurate is this list for casual play, by the way? or does this just show which decks are good for mega autismo level of play?

http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/list-multiplayer-edh-generals-by-tier/
>>
>>48346263
>>48344834
thawing glaciers & stone-seeder hierophant & amulet of vigor
>>
If the anon that posted the sweet full art island at the end of the last thread is here, that shit was cool.
>>
>>48346263
>>48346364
Glaciers is one of the best feeling lands in the game
>>
tips for kaseto?
>>
>>48346457
Coat of arms for all the sneks
>>
>>48346457
the snake synergy should be incidental. Don't just cram in a pile of snakes
>>
File: snek factory.jpg (27KB, 223x310px) Image search: [Google]
snek factory.jpg
27KB, 223x310px
>>48346304
This list is for high-end autismo play, but I've played a lot of these decks as a casual player and it's fine as long as they're not playing like a Spike
>>48346533
ignore this advice, play only snakes or kill yourself
>>
>>48345688
>>48345705
If my opponent has lots of dudes, I can wrath. If my opponent has one hexproof dude, I can easily make him sac. The idea of turning your spot removal on in very very niche circumstances at the cost of a colorless doesn't seem good. 3 color decks can only afford so many colorless utility lands.

>>48345706
Sure, Sigarda Tron may only be able to kill one person, but it sucks when that person is you. Unless of course, your playgroup wraths every 2 turns.
>>
>>48346612
You don't need to wrath constantly if you're being focused in general by multiple players because you are the biggest threat.
>>
>>48346304
That's really only a list for turbo-Spikes. A lot of the T3 and T4 generals are quite good, and fun to play
>>
>>48337011
Eon Hub negates her downside, so you could maybe have an subtheme based around the hub (Glistening Oil, Comntamination, the Contamination with Cumulative Upkeep, etc)? Necromantic Selection and Thornbite Staff ensure that she's alone on the battlefield. Maybe Nim Deathmantle for when your opponents try and kill her? Seems like she could lead a pretty strong MBC deck with her doubling as removal and a wincon.
>>
>>48346705
>tfw Eon Hub and Hokori out together
Eon Hub is expensive for a stax dex but god damn is that combo ever tasty
>>
>>48346612
Your opponent only having 1 single hexproof guy that you must remove, but you don't have enough mana for Lighthouse+removal, and you have mana for a sac is even more niche.
>>
File: 1468848316409.jpg (3MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
1468848316409.jpg
3MB, 3264x2448px
Anyone here run Ezuri? Any tips? Need help with my cutthroat playgroup. I figured shoving combos in would be the best way to wreck pubs. Did i miss anything?
>>
>>48346663
What? I don't quite follow that. If you are considered the biggest threat (mistaken or otherwise), wouldn't you be more likely to need to wrath, since it is more likely that the three other players will aim all their board at you?
>>
>>48346785
It isn't about not having the mana. Gravepact effects hit all players and allow your creatures to serve two purposes. That means even in games where no hexproof creatures are played, it will generate value.

This is not true of Spotlight or Lighthouse. I know the cost of a colorless land isn't considered high, but most decks are fairly color intensive and things like Homeward Path and Maze of Ith seem infinitely more useful.

Anyway, if Lighthouse is doing work for you, great. But I don't regularly face situations where I am stonewalled by hexproof.
>>
>>48346869
You said that a playgroup needs wrath every two turns. You don't need wrath to clear Sigarda if you're just getting hit by 3+ players constantly.
>>
>>48346238
okay i looked this over. it looks pretty powerful but it's kind of different from how i wanted to play her. was it just your personal preference to go so heavy on the spell stuff, or did you just figure that to be the best way to play her?

i'd prefer to play her with an aggressive control deck that focuses mostly on enchantments and creatures with a lot of free saccing and mind control. i was gonna put in stuff like grave pact, vicious shadows and mark of mutiny, but i see you don't have them. instead you picked up stuff like niv-mizzet, dualcaster mage and hive mind. did you pick them out of your own personal preference or did you just figure them to be the best cards for the commander? do you think it would be just as viable to run her with a greater focus on red/black removal, mind control and creature reanimation/etb/saccing shenanigans?

i just sort of dislike the blue playstyle of sitting around and fiddling with cards but maybe i'm just stupid
>>
>>48346935
I didn't say a playgroup needs a wrath every two turns, I'm saying Sigarda isn't a big deal if a playgroup plays a wrath every two turns.

I'm not proposing it as a solution.
>>
>>48346958
I don't even understand what your argument is, the original point was that the general isn't "annoying to deal with" or anything because it's very simple to deal with and you don't need to wrath every two turns for that to be true.
>>
>>48346973
I am missing the "it is very simple to deal with" part.

Wraths do the trick, but otherwise you need these niche cards that don't work on Hexproof or Protection or loads of other effects.
>>
>>48347004
Shroud. Don't work on shroud. Durrr.
>>
>>48346793
put it on tapped out
>>
Alright chums, I've decided on Sydri as my next deck

Should I pick up the C13 precon and modify it, or just go from scratch with her?
>>
>>48347004
Counterspell, BLOCK, destroy enchantments/artifacts, effects that affect the whole board, and all those specific hexproof counters work. Add to that the fact that you're getting beat down by multiple players it means you're in a world of shit and we come back to the conclusion that it's not amazing at all. Personally I think tron is bad in multiplayer unless your playgroup is really casual where you can get easily out of control.
>>
>>48347016
...are you saying that Shroud stops wraths?
>>
>>48346929
No one is stonewalled by hexproof(not even the first guy complaining about sigarda), because of board wipes. Also, you are not taking out Maze of Ith for Arcane Lighthouse, you take out a basic land, because the advantage of an Arcane Lighthouse is higher than your 1Xth basic land.
>>
>>48347105
I'll admit, proper enchantment and artifact destruction work. That's fair. Blocking works fine, but as Voltron commanders like Siggy tend to be very big, isn't much of a long term solution as she doesn't usually trade.

Tron IS bad in multiplayer, as you usually aren't gonna be able to deal enough damage to all three opponents. But unless your opponent is one of those silly beans who spreads the love, they'll likely take one person out and it is annoying when that person is you.
>>
>>48347141
Okay, so we're in three colors. Suppose we are playing bant. We run 38 lands.

3 shocks, 3 fetches, Command Tower, Reliquary Tower, Maze of Ith, etc. etc.

How many basics do we run? You don't want to have to scoop to a Ruination or Back to Basics. I used to run fucktons of colorless utility lands, but getting your only second blue source Fulminator Maged fucking sucks.

>>48347119
But otherwise. I'm saying Arcane Lighthouse, the cantrip enchantment and the shitty artifact.
>>
>>48347037
http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/ezuri-claw-of-jank-1/
>>
>>48347203
I was asking if you are under the 100% incorrect notion that a creature with Shroud lives through a Wrath of God.
>>
http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/m-u-s-h-r-o-o-m-s-a-m-b-a/

Behold and mock. The landbase is just a filler for how many lands I'd actually like, I'll tweak it to be the appropriate landbase once I have a build locked in. This was just a first pass, feel free to critique terrible theme choices and offer spicy tech.
>>
>>48347250
>Wraths do the trick, but otherwise you need these niche cards that don't work on ...

I see you clearly are assuming I am an idiot just because I said Sigarda can be annoying.
>>
>>48346793
tappedout link niggers:

http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/ezuri-claw-of-jank-1/
>>
>>48347308
No, I don't assume you're an idiot. Your wording just had me worried and I wanted to alleviate a possible misunderstanding.
>>
Hi tg/, need your opinion on something:

today a guy looking to sell all his bulk, mostly commons and uncommons showed up at our lgs.

Ppl quickly told him about me since I use to receive or buy everyone's jank since I'm a edh pleb.

Dude has commons, uncommons and 4 rares among 300 plus cards. One of the rares of pic related, the next most valuable card being a skullclamp.

The Time Warp is Mint, but the thing is the card is also "plastified" thus being tournament ilegal. It passed the light test with flying colors and looks normal when in a sleeve... but still I dont know if I should buy it even though I am not into tournaments much since I could get a M10 edition time warp for a lil extra money. (the deal was 6 euros, the lowest for that edition in our market is 9)

What would you do?

Also do ya mystic confluence worth it? I never resolved a cryptic command and allways wondered if I should get the blue confluence

Thanks in advance
>>
File: time_warp.jpg (28KB, 210x300px) Image search: [Google]
time_warp.jpg
28KB, 210x300px
>>48347464
forgot pic!! I'm also an idiot, do not mention it, I know
>>
>>48347464
What do you mean by "plastified"?
>>
Silly question: Can I Imprint a Rift on an Isochron Scepter and cast it for its Overload cost when I tap the Scepter?
>>
>>48345723

Kinda cool I guess, you need delirium but that works

Is there not another sac outlet creature in GW though?
>>
>>48347497
it has a thing layer of plastic envolving all the card. The card has no corners though, it's only a lil thicker than a normal card which when sleeved iis not noticed at all.

Also it shines and reflect light more than a paper card would as it has the plastic layer and touching you fell the plastic (duh)

it i also the reason that thing is Mint and the white border is all white without being yellowish or blackened by moister
>>
>>48347594
>can I imprint a Rift on Scepter
Yes

>and cast it for Overload
No. Overload is an alternate cost, and you're already paying an alternate cost: free. You can't pay two alternate costs.
>>
File: 1341204732579.jpg (35KB, 381x380px) Image search: [Google]
1341204732579.jpg
35KB, 381x380px
>>48347612
>laminating a card
Jesus Christ
>>
>>48347619
Cool, thanks boss
>>
>>48347612
thin layer

fuck the auto correct

>>48347594
see
>>48347619
I approve this response, the info is correct
>>
>>48347612
,,,laminated?

They LAMINATED a Magic card?
>>
>>48347620
guess it is a problem then

I would have never done it if it were me though

>>48347674
looks like it. I had trouble evaluating the card.

we guessed it'd be lower than the tournament legal one and we had even compared to the gold bordered cards to see the price change since they're also not tournament legal
>>
>>48347705
Yeah man, don't buy it. The lamination process involves later in superheated plastic on top of paper, the card is likely ruined.
>>
>>48347705
Not only the chances of the card being ruined is high, you would need to put the card on a sleeve to play with it, since he would need to cut the borders by himself, and that could easily count as a marked card.
>>
>>48347069
Build from scratch. There's very little synergy with Sydri in that precon.
>>
File: temporal-manipulation.jpg (33KB, 298x431px) Image search: [Google]
temporal-manipulation.jpg
33KB, 298x431px
On a sidenote:

holy fuck is this one pic related expensive and they do the same fucking thing!!... I guess

>>48347751

Thank you for the opinion. I still have to think about it since my playgroup doesn't seem to mind it like they responded to me now.

>>48347793
If I buy, I'd play the card in a sleeve like every one other card I own

It's corners are just like a normal mtg card like any other. The process is unfreaking well made.

I even went as far as to sleeve it with the same sleeves as my one and only crucible worlds, the ugin planeswalker and a basic mountain and asked ppl for what's wrong in these cards and they couldnt tell them apart :/

"deplastifying" it is almost certainly impossible since it'd be destroyed in the process

I spent my monday night over this thing
>>
>>48347909
They do, it's because Portal wasn't widely released. There's a few "functional reprints" in Portal and Portal 3 Kingdoms that are disgusting expensive because they give you redundancy, but are not commonly found.
>>
>>48346793
bump for the glory of phyrexia
>>
>>48347909
I'd take it, but that's just me. Having that copy of Time Warp is way cooler, as long as it looks good and you can't tell the difference.
>>
>>48347969
Didn't P3K have one tiny English print run?
>>
>>48348162
Yeah, in Aus-fucking-tralia.
>>
File: 1320066356568.jpg (16KB, 300x338px) Image search: [Google]
1320066356568.jpg
16KB, 300x338px
>>48348166
Ayup

>you will never own an Imperial Recruiter
>>
>>48348181
>TFW you own a foil one
>>
>>48348112
I might do it, I told him to bring it next time and until then I'd would have thought about it.

Thank you yet again tg anons for your opinion

as for me, Im going to sleep, I barely slept yesterday by seing the evo 2016 stream
>>
File: 1467257035375.jpg (114KB, 1369x795px) Image search: [Google]
1467257035375.jpg
114KB, 1369x795px
>>48348199
>tfw you're just rubbing salt in the wound
pls stop
>>
>>48348222
If it's any consolation, the foil is worth more than a hundred dollars less than the nonfoil.
>>
>>48348181
i want poorfags to get out

i spent 3 days worth of my labor to get him back in september last year and i've been owning the local 12 year olds in my area ever since. you bads just need to git gud and play to win
>>
>>48347599

Not for free there isn't. I've looked. There are plenty free artifact sac outlets, but nothing that can come in off of a Tooth and Nail. As for Delerium, it's really not difficult, especially since Tooth is a Sorcery, and you've probably cracked some sort of fetch land.
>>
>>48346457
Play Blight Mamba. Make people cry.
>>
should marchesa try to rely on ETBs at all or is that just asking for trouble? i want to put in ETBs, counter addition and saccing but all that hinges upon marchesa actually being alive.

shouldn't she be fairly easy to keep alive with counter shenanigans and maybe a few artifacts? i mean, she comes back if she has a counter doesn't she
>>
>>48348347
Turbospikes pls leave
>>
File: 37.jpg (49KB, 312x445px) Image search: [Google]
37.jpg
49KB, 312x445px
So if I have this card on my battlefield, will Tainted Remedy/Rain of Gore still damage me or not?
>>
>>48344757
When Animar is banned
>>
>>48348511
Those cards don't cause damage.
>>
>>48348511

Easy trick

Does the card say it "deals damage" ?? Purity will prevent it and heal you

Does it not say "deals damage" (instead "lose life")? Purity does nothing

Purity is pretty narrow
>>
>>48348511
Both those say the player "loses" life

Purity would not affect Tainted Remedy since that only hoses your opponent's life gain. Rain of Gore would still cause you to lose life.
>>
>>48346793
>>48347037
>>48347332
>>48348101

Bumpan
>>
>>48345799
Silly tumblrnigger
>>
>>48346793
My build has a decent amount of infect and just as many mana dorks as I can put in there. It's a weird deck but can get out of hand if you can protect the doofus.
>>
Does Progenitus make a legit commander or is it all jank?
>>
How WAAC is the typical Narset build? I love the concept but it seems like it it stomps or gets stomped, nothing inbetween.
>>
>>48348715
Well, you do have access to literally the best cards in the game. Progenitus is basically a clock on 10-mana legs, so if that's not your thing then it's probably not so hot.

>take advantage of your Domain to run Draco and Tek
>>
>>48348715
Progenitus just becomes 5 color good stuff. He's fine but that land base is expensive as fuck and his cards are too. I feel like he's as good as any other 5 color commander. He sure wrecks house if he ever hits the board.
>>
>>48348715

It's a fine way to actually kill players in a 5 color control or super friends deck

It's not easy to build around, since it has protection from auras and equipment and pump spells, but it can 2 shot people with mirari's wake or some other anthem, it's unblockable, it's a solid card, but it's mana cost holds it back from being your plan A
>>
>>48348726
It can get pretty hardcore. The biggest issue is convincing people that your deck isn't Walks/Combat.dec, and even then, maxing of 4 free spells every attack is pretty bonkers.
>>
>>48348726

Narset is cancer that should be killed on sight. You will be target number one regardless of what is in the deck, so you either go big or go home.
>>
File: 1343983677177.gif (2MB, 320x240px) Image search: [Google]
1343983677177.gif
2MB, 320x240px
>Have always heard about Derevi and his reputation but never experienced it.
>Guy with money brings in a brand new $500 Derevi deck and I play two games against it.
>Now thinking about getting out of Magic and pawning my collection.
>>
File: Fuck Everything.gif (876KB, 230x145px) Image search: [Google]
Fuck Everything.gif
876KB, 230x145px
>>48349122

Oops, I used the wrong old-guy-at-a-computer gif.

But yeah, Derevi players must have a special kind of psychopathy. I didn't see an Iona come out, but I wouldn't be surprised if it happened to be in there somewhere.
>>
File: wrigleys-gum.jpg (31KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
wrigleys-gum.jpg
31KB, 300x300px
>>48349122
I'll give you this pack of gum.
>>
>>48348674
>infect

that's you only win con?
>>
File: Phyrexian-unlife.jpg (96KB, 1024x749px) Image search: [Google]
Phyrexian-unlife.jpg
96KB, 1024x749px
>>48348511
Oh neat more Selenia tech
>>
>>48349122
>tfw the RC will never admit that the C13 face commanders were a gigantic fucking mistake of awful design
>>
Oi what's some good wincons for Sydri
>>
>>48349265
No, There's infinite turns and Ezuri makes huge as fuck guys. Your bird of paradise is a threat. Your elvish mystic is a threat when he has 13 +1/+1 counters.
>>
>>48349159
What's the worst thing they did?
>>
>>48348406
Sage of fables and opal palace are handy ways to get counters on marchesa
Unspeakable Symbol is also good for lowering life and getting counters. Just beware of mindslaver
>>
>>48349476

Here's my experience with Ezuri:

>Turn after Ezuri
>Cast dude
>in response kill Ezuri

Or

>Have Ezuri
>Actually get xp counters
>move to combat
>in response kill Ezuri
>>
>>48349827
>not having ways to protect him before casting
You are bad and you should stick to playing mono red aggro
>>
>>48346793

http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/ezuri-claw-of-goodstuff/

Im running this pile o crap, it does ok but there is room for improvement, i think i need more creatures/less land but if im not at land turn 5 i feel like i cant get off the ground, my meta is pretty fast
>>
>>48349762
yeah i got those cards already, it just feels really awkward to play her. i'm playtesting the deck a bit and it kind of seems like it's really difficult to get off the ground if you want to abuse ETBs and sacs. like, you need a killer starting hand or you won't be able to do things until like turn 5-8. seems like you need a sac outlet, an etb card to abuse, probably some haste or hexproof for the commander and so on. really finicky, and you'll still probably get fucked if the other players decide to poke holes in your engine. building her like this just really seems like a swing/miss kinda thing.

new plan for a deck:

creatures:
literally nothing but good value countered creatures (undying/unleashed) with a good 3-5 sac outlets. no counter shenanigans needed.

artifacts:
useful sac outlets, weapons and mana ramp

enchantments:
useful sac outlets and effects when stuff gets sacced, fervor

instant/sorceries:
typical mandatory cards edh cards that everyone needs
also, as many mind control spells as possible

gameplan: hit face sac guys

i'm guessing this would work better than the fucking abomination i'm working with now
>>
Wow, didn't realize Meren was considered that high in competitive commander.
>>
>>48349864

You either have counter spells, in which you're at least 2 turns behind casting him, or he dies in response to equipping Boots/Greaves.

For the style that Ezuri wants, 4 mana is actually pretty painful. You want to play little guys while simultaneously waiting until after he drops to use them. He's also powerful enough that letting him live can easily get out of control while having the glaring weakness of being essential for the deck to function. Those two make burning kill/counter spells on him a fantastic choice.
>>
What Beefy token generating creatures would you guys recommend for Prossh?
So far, I have: Chancellor of the Forge, Avenger of Zendikar, Dragonlair Spider, Dragon Broodmother, Creakwood Liege, Mycoloth, Endrek Sahr and will be getting Hanweir Garrison and Emrakul's Evangel.
Am I missing anything?
>>
>>48350009
that XXG spell that makes X X/X tokens
>>
>>48349518

Turn 3 Winter Orb both times. Pretty nearly shutting me down. Then as I passed my turn unable to play anything came Grand Arbiter, Glen Elendra Archmage, Venser, Seedborn Muse.

Essentially It turned into watching them play a game by themselves and forcing me to spectate.
>>
>>48350009
Sprouting thrinax (plus nim deathmantle and ashnods alter for infinite tokens)
>>
>>48349122
I have a derevi toolbox deck, it has 3 modes

>Normal: derevi as commander and bant goodstuff

>Casual: roon as commander and derevi i the 99, etb fun times

>Fagmode: derevei as commander prison control, fun for me not for you

The toolbox is about 135 cards and i cut and swap the extras as the deck needs, cant wait to pull a new tammy this weekend

Really tho it sounds like the player was bad not the deck, you play to the groups power level
>>
Why are the Shadowmoor/Eventide filter lands so fucking expensive? Are they actually seeing that much play in Modern? Or is it just EDH?
>>
>>48350304
Just edh and havent been reprinted
>>
>>48347289
As a lover of fun tribal stuff, I love what you have done here. It looks like it would be a lot of dun to fight my treeman deck against. Or my skeletons.
>>
File: 220.jpg (65KB, 312x445px) Image search: [Google]
220.jpg
65KB, 312x445px
At my LGS's commander night a few hours ago, I had the most fun game of magic in my memory, and everyone else enjoyed it too. I was borrowing an untuned, dysfunctional Mishra deck to play, even though the owner told me it wouldn't work well.

>T2 one guy plays a Sakura-Tribe Elder
>I counterspell it
>the whole table bursts into laughter
>I play Null Rod with a doubling cube and a mana crypt on two opponent's boards
>another guy plays Kiora and -2s to get some cards
>I stifle it
>more laughter

We all had a good time, and at first it made me want to build Mishra, but then I realized the fun part was just intentionally sowing salt, so I figured I'd make a deck with that exact purpose. Considering that RG has the best targeted land destruction, and U has all that countering goodness, I figured Riku would be a good choice for copying all my land destruction and the occasional counterspell. Any spicy tech, cards that have led to salt at your table before, etc.?
>>
>>48350361
All he needs are etb and dead eye to sow salt mines for whole nations
>>
>>48350399
I meant funny salt, like land destruction and countering stupid shit.
>>
When you guys make a new commander deck, do you find yourself sticking to similar themes/archtypes, or do you try for something radically different?
>>
>>48349864
That's particularly hard, hence why i moved to a more combo oriented approach. People actually respect the power that ezuri brings so they put him down like cops do black people
>>
okay fuck this i'm done with these fiddly ass combo etb bullshit decks

someone recommend me a commander/deck that just beats the shit out of other players and doesn't rely on tutors or any other bullshit interaction
>>
>>48351182
Krenko. Maybe grimgrin.
>>
>>48351182
Purphoros
Rafiq
Isamaru
Nekusaur
Heartless Hidetsugu
>>
>>48351182
Kalemne. Disciple of Iroas
Ruric Thar, The Unbowed
Gahiji, Honored One
Omnath, Locus of Rage
>>
>>48351182
Mayael Stompyface
>>
>>48351182
Be a real man and play Kresh. Kill everything, and use their dead bodies fuel to punch people in the throat.
>>
>>48344904
everything is cool here except going back to kamigawa
>>
>>48351182
Zurgo, Dicksmasher
>>
>>48346793
I would add thassa, gen wave, awakening zone, thrummingbird, inexorable tide, and spymaster of trest. Plus i guess a mind sculptor and a survival of the fittest but I can imagine that may be a little tough
>>
>>48350184
>turn 3 winter orb
That's pretty gross I guess. Idk I guess my perception might be warped since I run a prison deck that can achieve smokestack + tanglewire + sundial lock by turn 3
>>
>>48345908
Now I want to build a racism themed deck.
>>
File: images(4).jpg (14KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
images(4).jpg
14KB, 300x300px
>>48351917
And here is your commander
>>
>>48351182
Prossh's "bullshit combo etb effects" are pretty much limited to Prossh hitting the battlefield with a fuckton of kobolds
>>
>>48351917
Mono white prison
Protection from black(s)
Protection from red(s)
Clerics and priests
Exiles and detains
Boardwipes

This needs to happen
>>
>>48345778
Stormtide Leviathan + Death's Shadow
>21/21 islandwalker commander, all lands are islands
>>
>>48351974
>>48351990
need to go through some cards and wordings. would love to go mono w with crovax, heliod and going devotion would be fun too plus he already makes cleric tokens
>>
>>48345778
Evasive Dude + Lord of Extinction
>>
File: 89.jpg (73KB, 312x445px) Image search: [Google]
89.jpg
73KB, 312x445px
>>48352015
>>
>>48346263
>>48346364
>>48346403
My niggas
>>
File: images(5).jpg (14KB, 223x310px) Image search: [Google]
images(5).jpg
14KB, 223x310px
>>48352052
Pretty much the entire dark block
>>
>>48352052
>You also lose control of the creature if Preacher leaves play or at end of game
>end of game
why did they even bother to write this on there? because of ante or what?
>>
File: rth.jpg (30KB, 226x311px) Image search: [Google]
rth.jpg
30KB, 226x311px
>>48352083
>>
File: images(9).jpg (16KB, 223x310px) Image search: [Google]
images(9).jpg
16KB, 223x310px
>>48352015
For when mono white is not white wnough
>>
>>48352084
Yes because people would have argued that the card is now theirs and take it after the game
>>
>>48344834
Glacial Chasm as a perma-fog and even more for one-sided Hurricanes and Squall Lines. Never have seen it used or even recommended on EDHREC.

Petrefied Field + Vesuva + 2 value lands as targets for Uncharted Realms.

Also Thawing Glaciers + Stone-Seeder Hierophant for a quasi Boundless Realms.
>>
>>48352229
>Glacial Chasm as a perma-fog and even more for one-sided Hurricanes and Squall Lines. Never have seen it used or even recommended on EDHREC.
A couple of my land-centric decks have it.
If Crucible of Worlds is out I just let it sacrifice on my upkeep and play it again.
>>
I've been theorycrafting a bit

Would it be a good utilization of Marchesa's ability putting lots of creatures with Unleash/Undying in the deck? The cheap 1-4 mana creatures will start out weak, but are just plain unkillable and will amass dethrone counters pretty quick if you attack every player on the board. Then you'll have a 1 mana 4/4 bat. Then you can pick up Marchesa and hopefully put a counter on her, and then your guys become really hard to get rid of. At around this point, you should have a decent way to sac your guys, so you'll sac them at the end of everyone's turn for free HP/draws/damage/power/scry. With a few more enchantments, you'll be able to turn those sacs into tons of removal and damage.

It shouldn't even be hard to get the cards to do this. 10-15 creatures with undying/unleashed, 10-15 sac outlets. I'm still debating whether or not to really even put in ETB since putting counters on guys seems like a chore a lot of time
>>
>>48346533
stoneforge masterwork
a source of giving kaseto trample
then commit the Great Snake Mistake
>>
>>48352678
Kaseto doesn't need trample, he can give himself unblockable.
>>
>>48352766
oh right
guess i should read cards
>>
>>48352817
He also has 4 arms so give him 4 swords of x and y and pump himself for snaketron
>>
>>48352891
Only two don't give him protection from his own colors, which he DOESN'T want if you want to use his ability on himself. Give him Jitte for flavor and something else instead.
>>
>>48352951
Well, I don't think you have much issues winning, if you have all swords attached to him.
Sadly, the swords that work with him aren't that great anyway
>>
What are must have utility spells in Bant? Could I get away with running fewer if I run a lot of Regrowth and Relearn effects?

Right now I'm thinking Swords, Path, 2 counterspells, Austere Command, Hallowed Burial, Akroma's Vengeance, Return to Dust.

I am also considering Fracturing Gust. I feel Bane of Progress deserves a slot too.
>>
>>48353142
Light & Shadow is decent
>>
>>48353361
Bane and Gust really deserve a spot, great mass removal. But since you already have Vengeance and Command you probably should pick one, three mass removals for a&e is enough.
>>
>>48353495
Fair. I always run a lot of mass A&E wipes because of how rarely they affect me and how often I am desperate for one in my games.

I'll probably do Bane then. My Bant deck is a weird little concept, but it runs Revelliark and can create tokens of it at instant speed.

My counterspells will probably end up being a Mystic Snake and something like a Dissipate. Mystic Confluence seems crazy good too.
>>
>>48353521
Try Void Shatter instead, same cost and effects as Dissipate and dodges some stuff like, idk Gainsay or Iona naming blue.
>>
>>48353521
Dont forget supreme verdict
Uncounterable board wipe
>>
>>48353543
Fair. I tend to avoid Devoid on the off chance I run some "card color matters" cards, but that won't be true for this deck. I've definitely seen Iona. Avacyn and Iona is why Duplicant is in so many of my decks.

Is Void Shatter the best three mana counterspell in the format? I can't help but feel that exile is so fucking important.
>>
>>48353521
Bant charm isnt the worst card
Destroy an artifact
Or
Tuck a creature
Or
Counter an instant

I try to have a bunch of multi purpose cards for every occasion also dromoka's command is pretty sweet
>>
>>48353563
Yeah. I was thinking about that. That would be 5 mass creature Wraths? I guess that's not too many. Plus, Verdict has something else that most of my Wraths don't have, being 4 mana. I am always greedy with my Wraths, but having mana to wrath and play a blocker can be a godsend if they have a boots or something.

It is gonna be a bitch finding cuts.
>>
>>48353580
I can't think of anything better, the only other one used to be Spell Crumple and Hinder to tuck Derevi and friends but with that rule gone...

Hey you're in Bant, maybe Render Silent. Basically earns you a turn to try and stop a dangerous combo.

Also >>48353563 is right you forgot the best 4 mana wipe.
>>
>>48345557
I can never tell if that card has big fat bird tits or not.
>>
>>48353589
Selesnya charm too, trample to push damage, exile a fatty or an emergency blocker for 2 mana
>>
>>48353589
Bant Charm used to be my best friend back in the old tuck rule. It still seems pretty fucking crazy, to be honest.

I'm excited. It is weird to be excited about getting to run some more Bant good stuff, but it has been so long. I know Bant has kind of become the boogeyman of asshole control decks, but god damn it, it is the only way to keep things fair.

Now if only I didn't have to resort to Jenara as my general. None of the others fit. Least I now have a reason to crack my FTV Angels.
>>
>>48353616
The new tamiyo is like the bant walker directly from heaven
>>
File: unnamed.jpg (29KB, 223x311px) Image search: [Google]
unnamed.jpg
29KB, 223x311px
Card draw
Tap shit down
Draw 3 and shit your deck on the table for free
>>
File: image.jpg (107KB, 312x445px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
107KB, 312x445px
>>48353647
I wish they didn't do Omniscience for the Ult. It is so boring compared to the other effects. I love her otherwise.

Maybe it is in my best interest to wait for the WURG commander. My deck is based on populating token copies, which RU have the most of. The problem is then I have even LESS slots.

Jenara was the face of my GUW Soulbond deck, the third EDH deck I ever built that ended up being a huge powerhouse. Who knew Deadeye was stupid? I didn't.
>>
>>48349864

I actually have a lot of fun with my terrible monored Aggro deck. Granted I blow up lands every other turn to keep my opponents from actually gaining any traction, so that helps...
>>
File: 51(2).jpg (66KB, 312x445px) Image search: [Google]
51(2).jpg
66KB, 312x445px
>>48353580
If you don't like devoid, there's this.
>>
>>48353889
Haha, conversation chains. No worries, man. Appreciate it anyway.

Hey guys, I'm going being dumb. I can't seem to remember which of the land cycles are worth running in 3 color. I have shocks, pains, temples right now. A few gold lands. I don't want to run Filters (because they are out the ass in terms of price and are a bit fiddly) or fetches (too much shuffling), but I swear there was something better than bounce lands and gain lands.
>>
http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/17-07-16-wildfire/
Hey /tg/ was wondering if I could get some pointers on this deck!
>>
>>48353595

>Hinder/Crumple
>against Derevi
U wot?

>>48353580
Faery Trickery, Dissipate, and Void Shatter are all 3 mana exile spells worth running.
>>
>>48353998
Neat idea, though probably not very fun to play against. I don't get bouncelands in a deck full of MLD though.

I do think you don't have enough ways to avoid getting your face beaten in my creatures though. I get all the propo effects, but I think you need more Wraths. A blast act would do you a lot of good.
>>
>>48354002
Some people actually cast that thing at some point, afterall, it's 1 mana cheaper first time and sometimes that matters.
Your point still stands tho. It's rare and usually a dumb choice, but doesn't matter with the tuck rule anyway.
>>
>>48354016
The bounce lands keep lands we need in our hand before a MLD and help get us ahead after we wipe the lands
>>
>>48354002
Not exactly Derevi but all the problematic C13 commanders. And yeah, from time to time you can see people casting him because 1 mana less.
>>
>>48353986
Mana confluence
City of brass
Command tower

To be honest i still use vivid lands, yeah they come into play tapped but they are a regular land or any color twice
>>
>>48352347
I mean specifically the combo with Hurricane. It's pretty much the only card that does this.
>>
>>48354105
Those are the gold ones in the deck. I could add vivids, I guess.
>>
Anyone have a comprehensive list of 'staples' I should have for EDH deckbuilding? I'm talking about things like Artifacts (Sol Ring, Chromatic Lantern, etc) Color Correction Lands (Scry, Shock or otherwise) certain creatures and so on.
Been thinking of putting together a big ol binder of EDH staples to facilitate deck building, and I need input.
>>
>>48354217
Have you tried googling edh staples?
http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/list-of-edh-staples-and-power-cards/
>>
>>48353986
Lifelands
Guildgates
The new whatever lands from bfz and soi
They are slow but are still fixing
>>
>>48354276
Is 9 basics too few? The deck has green in it.
>>
>>48354472
I run too much land in all my decks (37-38) i have 4-5 of each basic (along with terramorphic, evolving and the pie search land) you can probably get away with less but sometimes its nice to be able to do something without having to wait an extra turn every turn for mana

What deck is it?
>>
>>48354513
Bant, token copy populate. I usually do too few lands, around 35, but my curve is usually much smaller than most people's.
>>
>>48354276
>guildgates
Seriously, I never considered running guildgates cause they're just to slow and have no upside aside from a little color fixing.
I usually run Painlands, Bouncelands, Temples, utility lands (tectonic edge, etc.) sometimes Gainlands and if I really need fixing vivid lands and usually 12-15 basics for 3-color.
>>
>>48354564
I run a set of shocks, temples, vivids, bounce, fetch, filter and gold lands in mine i have only 11 basics but i have the wasteland/stripmine/ghost quarter package too
>>
>>48352133
>Celestial Dawn

one of my favorite Zedruu plays, too bad that doesn't work anymore.
>>
>>48348222
>>48348199

There are no foil Portal cards.
>>
>>48348511

How did I miss this nigger when I was building Pestilence.dek? Into the wishboard it goes!
>>
>>48354717
There's a Judge Promo
>>
What are the pros/cons of running Vivid Lands?
I've been putting together Prossh and am having a hard time deciding on whether or not to include them.
For the record, I have the necessary shock, scry and 'reveal' lands. I'm working on getting copperline gorge and blackcleave cliffs.
>>
>>48352084

Control magic used to steal a card permanently.
>>
File: 110.jpg (75KB, 312x445px) Image search: [Google]
110.jpg
75KB, 312x445px
Haha, time to build lands
>>
File: 1460992432817.jpg (104KB, 396x554px) Image search: [Google]
1460992432817.jpg
104KB, 396x554px
>>48344757
Unbanned now
>>
>>48354763
Vivids seem dumb in two color. I've seen people do it and it bugs me.
>>
>>48355050
Would you recommend vivids in at least a 3 color?
>>
>>48355105
I personally haven't done it, but it honestly makes sense to me over a guildgate.

I'm bad at manabases too. I used to run so many colorless utility lands and wonder why the fuck I was always color screwed.
>>
>>48345822
>artefaktkreaturendpielstein

Holy shit
>>
>>48355105
I honestly just wouldn't run Vivids. By the time I hit 3-color I'm willing to put in Rupture Spire and Transguild Promenade, and they're shit too, but I just never feel like I get the usage out of the vivids or I end up afraid to squander the counters.
>>
Vivids are nice to have if you are itching for a color you cant find in the first few turns, use the counters asap, you will notmally find an on color land by then and you didnt get mana screwed for the first few turns

Yes some metas are faster than others, if you are playing 4hour fapfests dont play vivids if people i your meta are playing t4/5 kill comho decks use vivids, hell use whatever you want i use them in my decks and ive never had a problem
>>
>>48355105
3 colors is the bare minimum for vivids to be worth, otherwise you are just better of using common tapped dual lands.
>>
Reminder: If your not running black, your deck is shit. SHIT.
>>
File: don't.jpg (13KB, 500x287px) Image search: [Google]
don't.jpg
13KB, 500x287px
>>48356073
Mono blue stall > black.deck
>>
>>48356185
Still shut uf it's not Teferi lock down.
>>
File: Who Stole Us.jpg (38KB, 412x502px) Image search: [Google]
Who Stole Us.jpg
38KB, 412x502px
>>48356185
>>48356213
>mfw UB
>>
File: my ditto lazav.jpg (116KB, 456x810px) Image search: [Google]
my ditto lazav.jpg
116KB, 456x810px
>>48355105
I use the blue and black vivids in my lazav deck to ensure I hit that 2u 2b mana cost by t4 every game
>>
>>48356236
dit...
>>
File: I see what you did there%0A.png (199KB, 720x466px) Image search: [Google]
I see what you did there%0A.png
199KB, 720x466px
>>48356306
>>
>>48347909
Is there absolutely no way to unlaminate the card without damaging it?
>>
http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/24-02-15-karador-edh/

What do I cut to make this as sickening as possible?
>>
What makes Derevi so toxic? I get some of it, but the full picture escapes me.
>>
>>48356728
You play play stax effects which make it to where your opponents are incredibly slowed down by not letting them untap mana (Winter Orb, Hokori Dust Drinker) forcing them to not be able to search (Aven Mindsensor, Leonin Arbiter), or just blowing up their stuff(Smokestacks, Armageddon).

Usually this isn't bad because the person playing these effects is eqaully effected. But with Derevi, whenever you're attacking with your hatebears, you're untapping mana or other things which makes it easier for you to play under the tax effects.

Again, this wouldn't be bad because the piece that is allowing you to function under stax is your commander, so if you remove it a few times it becomes problematic for you to cast it. Except Derevi ignores commander tax with the special ability being able to put it into play for 4 mana every time.

Also, there is the fact that you can activate that ability at any time (at instant speed) so your commander ignores commander tax and flashes into play whenever you need it to.
>>
>>48356713
I don't have a lot of experience with Abzan colors but I feel like Oblivion Stone is needlessly slow in a deck that runs Black and White. I don't see the immerdiate benefit of using Garruk Wildspeaker either. If anything, I would use Apex Predator instead. Fracturing Gust and Entomb would be my suggestions for replacement.
>>
>>48356889

Alright, thanks.
>>
>>48350304

The black green one sees modern play
>>
>>48356713
Maybe I'm an idiot but I never understood the use of fetch lands that allow searches for types not in your colors outside of landfall decks (Blood-stained mire, misty rainforest, wooded foothills) Why not just run tithe or gift of estates?
>>
File: Skithiryx, the Blight Dragon.jpg (28KB, 223x310px) Image search: [Google]
Skithiryx, the Blight Dragon.jpg
28KB, 223x310px
I'm looking for a commander that will make/allow me to play the game in a different way from normal. For example winning with poison instead of regular damage. I don't particularly want to do poison because it's likely to make everyone on my play group gang up on me. Fun is important but not losing is also fun. Any suggestions?
>>
>>48357006
Norin the Wary is a pretty unconventional Commander
>>
>>48351670

Zurgo is my favorite deck. You get that asshole out, strap on Assault Suit, and just go to town.
>>
>>48356213
>teferi lockdown
lel, if you like being opressed play against Arcum Dagsson with no way to exile artifacts
>>
>>48357003
Let's say you're running Red/Black. You would like to find a Badlands or a Blood Crypt because you need a dual land that enters the battlefield untapped. They're good cards! Trouble is, those make up two cards out of a hundred. You can put in a Bloodstained Mire to find one of them, since that can fetch any Swamp or Mountain. But a Badlands or a Scalding Tarn can find them too. Some people feel that having those extra fetchlands to find an ABUR dual or shockland is worth it. It's kind of unnecessary for a two-color deck, but it can be handy for tricolor.
>>
File: mylove.jpg (80KB, 768x432px) Image search: [Google]
mylove.jpg
80KB, 768x432px
http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/kalemne-sitter-of-faces/

All input is appreciated. I want to add in War's Toll and Stranglehold along with the two cards I have in the mail (Thalia, Heratic Cathar and Sigarda's Aid). What would ya'll suggest I cut in order to make room for those 4 cards?
>>
>>48356668

Lamination is pretty damn permanent. If you try to take it apart, you WILL ruin the card.
>>
>>48357114
Fair enough. Personally I would prioritize the filter lands from lorywn over those first (Fetid Heath, Twilight Mire, and Wooded Bastion in the Karador deck)
>>
Currently running a Sidisi Brood Tyrant deck. Would Meren or Karador be a more interesting secondary deck to play?
>>
>>48357180
Damn. That sucks big time. Who the fuck would go and laminate a card?
>>
>>48357006
That entirely depends on what 'normal' is for you.

Maybe you're looking for commanders which change the game you have to play?
Here's a few:

>Sakashima the Impostor
Deck full of clones. Very reactive style of play. By the nature of the deck, you're only ever as strong as your opponents, so its pretty good in all but the most cutthroat metas.

>Doran, the Siege Tower
Defenders: the deck. changes the game a lot.

>Zedruu the Greathearted
Give your opponents some things. Quite political, can be made to spread the love, or go tyrant style.

>Mishra, Artificer Prodigy
Possibility Storm is your real commander.
>>
>>48356713
Well, if you're trying to run Boonweaver Karador and be a degenerate, you need to make quite a few changes.
>Fast Mana (Mana Crypt, Sol Ring, Chrome Mox, Mox DIamond)
>Cheap Reanimation (Dance of the Dead, Exhume, Necromancy)
>Tutors (Entomb, Worldly Tutor, Shred Memory, Diabolic Intent)
>Sac Outlets (Viscera Seer, Alter of Dementia, Carrior Feeder)

To make changes, you can take out a lot of the control because at that point you're a reanimation combo deck, and you shouldn't have to worry about the board before you combo off and win.

If you are just looking to play Karador goodstuff, I think Vish Kal is the weakest card in your list. But you might also consider running more control creatures if that is your goal, Shrikmaw, Qasali Pridemage, Aven Mindsensor, Spirit of the Labryinth, Eidolon of Rhetoric, Gaddok Teeg, Hushwing Griff among others. (Take out the Boonweaver Package for these)
>>
>>48351917
>>48351974
If you don't want monoW, then Oros fits a racist deck pretty well.
>>
>>48357205
Problem with filter lands, is that they never generate colored mana on their own, and they can't guarantee you the colors you need during your first few turns. Where you have a 1/X chance of drawing any particular filter land, with fetches you have a 8/X chance of being able to get the land you need.

Example: You need a Badlands (R/B) on turn one. There are 7 fetchlands that can go get Badlands, plus there is a change of drawing Badlands itself, so 8 chances to be able to draw 'Badlands' in your deck. Using a Hypergeometric Calculator you can find out that there is about a 35.8% of drawing a 'Badlands' in your starting hand.

Take that versus only have 1 filterland in your deck, you have about a 7% chance of having it in your starting hand.
>>
>>48357208
I take it you're trying to mostly use cards that you already have to make a second deck with it? If that's the case Meren is more interesting if you're looking to just go BG goodstuff value engine deck, Karador is better if you want to try hard control, or build a combo deck.
>>
>>48357322
>>Mishra, Artificer Prodigy
>Possibility Storm is your real commander.
I don't get it.
>>
>>48357147
I think you have have an excessive amount of equipment, try trimming some of your less impressive ones. I'd also cut Nahiri, the Harbinger and Celestial Purge. For the former you already have a lot of removal and while the looting effect is okay, you'd probably be better off with Mask of Memory if that's what you really want. As for the latter it's just rather niche. Unless your meta has large amounts of red and black I'd remove it.
>>
File: Nomad Stadium.jpg (78KB, 312x445px) Image search: [Google]
Nomad Stadium.jpg
78KB, 312x445px
>>48344834
>>
>>48357627
This is a very secret tech.

Not many people know about this tech.

Simply what happens when you play and artifact with mishra and PS out you exile the first cast then you reveal cards until you find another artifact that you get to play out. After that mishra kicks in and you get to look for your first cast which ends up at the bottom of your library.

So pretty much a 2 for 1 deal.
>>
>>48344834
I run Svyelunite Temple and Dwarven Ruins in my Jhoira deck.
>>
>>48357627
Mishra has the ability where when you cast an artifact you can look through your library/grave for a card with the same name and play it for free.

Possiblity Storm when you cast a card from you hand, you reveal cards from the top until you reveal something that shares a type and cast that instead, putting the original and the revealed cards on the bottom of your deck.

So when you cast an artifact you put Mishra's trigger first, then Storms, resolve storm, getting an artifact from your deck. Then Mishra goes through your deck and you get the artifact you cast originally as well, giving yourself a 2 for 1.
>>
>>48357205
Filter lands reprint when? I'd love to use them but I'm not gonna spend >15 euro buks on a fucking land. That's a major reason why I love edh. You can be competetive without needing to sell your car for the mana base
>>
File: 113.jpg (63KB, 312x445px) Image search: [Google]
113.jpg
63KB, 312x445px
>>48344834
On Vorel
>>
I go first and play Exotic Orchard; Since my opponents have no lands out, can it tap for colorless or nothing?
>>
>>48357885
you get nothing, sorry sir
>>
>>48357803
I gotta get one of these for my Stealy deck
>>
>>48357885
You won't get any mana then. Opponents need a land as colored mana source for Exotic Orchard to do anything.
>>
>>48357803
I want this and I also want this to be good, but it's not, unfortunately. I want Yasova and that. And extra combats
>>
>>48351182
I'm fond of Jarad.

Your graveyard is big, so Jarad is big.

Jarad has big friends.

Jarad uses his big friends as living bombs and deals damage to every opponent.

Reanimate the corpse for a high five.

Brion Stoutarm is comparably hilarious, if in an enormously worse color combination.
>>
>>48351182
Mayael
Zurgo
Krenko
>>
>>48351182
BUG zombies.
Or just http://edhrec.com/commanders/sidisi-brood-tyrant

Prepare to summon 20 Zombies each turn! Cause they go away before your next upkeep!
>>
File: 119260_200w.jpg (23KB, 200x285px) Image search: [Google]
119260_200w.jpg
23KB, 200x285px
Anybody tried Emily yet?

Pros:
We haven't had this effect on a creature yet, which makes it much more accessible.
Animar/Rakdos.
Relatively easy to cast

Cons:
Can't be used for lockdown.
No artifact synergy.
Potential to "whiff" and just give an extra turn.
>>
I pulled Gisa and Geralf for my pre-release this saturday(and Emrakul, but let's not talk about that) and want to go to town on a zombie deck. Is it worth running blue/black zombies instead of blue/black control? It seems like a fun deck, but only very simple flavoursome fun.
>>
>>48359047
It is more fun if you go zombies and they have enough little synergies that it doesn't just feel like beat down.
>>
>>48358968
Haven't tried it, but it would probably be better in multiplayer than 1v1, given that you can swing into a third player the turn you control your opponent.
>>
>>48359134
I'm trying out sac combos with things like Dictate of Erebos/Ruthless Deathfang fueled by Dread Return. Diregraf Colossus/Prized Amalgam make for excellent sac combos too. Still need an Ashnod's Altar though.
>>
>>48359047
Depends

UB Control is a bit weaker in multiplayer because control as a deck type relies on card advantage over opponents. 1v1 however, UB control dominates any deck that can't keep up in cards (which against UB, the card advantage colours, is really difficult).

Zombies are a really dumb deck, but they're really fun and can put out a surprising amount of damage if you take advantage of all of the zombie support over the years. Also, since they don't really rely on card advantage as much, so you're a lot safer in multiplayer. Zombies don't draw nearly as much ire as UB control does.

It's all about preference. I actually play UB control at my group, and trust me, you're public enemy number one right out of the gate.
>>
>>48357147
how fast do you find yourself going against control/combo decks as Kalemne? I'm very interested in putting one together, but I'm a bit hesitant to put forward the money only to find that it does not do well against those kinds of strategies
>>
>>48359257
To be honest, big dumb silly decks are my preference. I'm fairly new to the format but my favourite deck so far has been Zurgo Voltron. Managed to school two white/blue players with commander damage by the time they ran out of counters and draws(which coincidentally made me want to burn every blue/white deck everywhere), and zombies while not as swingy, still seem like that fun kind of theme. I'll see how it goes at FNM.
>>
>>48359335
Yeah zombie tribal is definitely going to be your deck. Check out some of the Onslaught block zombies too, there are some great cards in there.
>>
>>48358968
Its a god awful commander with a fucking terrible ability. That being said, I like it in my mimeoplasm reanimator deck, being able to bring it back without the shitty effect for low mana is nice or you can just give mimeoplasm a fat ass.
>>
>>48359398
Will do. Will try to give progress too. Looking for a few staples in the deck to fill out the zombie count. It's pretty sparse in terms of lords right now. Only Diregraf Captain and Risen Executioner(who's already a poor man's lord as it is).
>>
>>48359441
It's been a while, but off the top of my head:
Gempalm polluter - deals huge damage and can potentially kill a player outright

Zombie master - helps protect key zombies from board wipes, also with Urborg swampwalk becomes extremely dangerous

Lord of undead - gives discard fodder if you need it, also recycles zombies that don't recycle themselves

Death baron - makes attacking and blocking you really scary, especially with all of the fodder that you generate

Cemetery reaper - tokens + lord, basically exactly what you need

I'm sure there are more. God, I haven't built a deck in ages, I need to get to it.
>>
>>48352133

Guy who only plays Commander on Saturday nights using borrowed decks and hasn't played Magic for myself since Mirage, but would that allow you to generate mana that doesn't match your commander's colours, or as soon as you try to spend it as any colour outside of that, it turns into colourless?
>>
>>48359827
Rule concerning that was changed. You can generate any type of mana now. So, if you were to steal an opponent's permanent or gain access to spells belonging to an opponent, you could activate their activated abilities or casting costs if you could generate the mana.
>>
>>48346793
>Have Ezuri
>Have no good elf or complementary spells for the elves
>>
>>48359827
They got rid of the rule that turns non-identify matching mana into colorless.
>>
I pulled a Zenkikar Expiditions Foil Mana Conflience. I didn't pay for the pack since all I did was trade in junk rates. Did I do ok, /tg/?
>>
does /tg/ ever run deck tests in cockatrice or something? i have a lot of deck prototypes but i don't know if they actually really work in practice
>>
>>48356236
Do you run pure basics or something or how the hell don't you hit it in two color deck?
>>
File: marchesa-the-black-rose.jpg (115KB, 410x568px) Image search: [Google]
marchesa-the-black-rose.jpg
115KB, 410x568px
If a creature dies with a +1/+1 counter with Marchesa on the table, it loses the counter when it comes back, right?

Is it better to run utility ETB and LTB or creatures that get counters on ETB, and are thus basically unkillable and free to sac at every turn end as long as Marchesa is on the table? Or both?

Running mostly utility ETB seems a little janky since you can't reapply the counters without dethrone or one of the really awkward ways to apply counters on your guys. But then you have the control and power that comes with utility ETB. And maybe it isn't that hard to put the counters back on with dethrone and life loss?

Running mostly unleashed/undying is a lot more durable. Your guys can be sacced and don't need looking after. You can just attack with them every turn and they literally can't be fucked with. Even if they get exiled, you can sac them and they'll come back with another counter. But then all your guys can really do is work as sac food and hit face.

I really want to make this Marchesa beatdown deck work, any thoughts?
>>
>>48360318
You're correct, when the creature leaves the battlefield, it will lose its counter.

Marchesa is really strong with persist creatures because she can cancel their -1/-1 counter, but also with undying creatures due to them coming back without the counter, essentially making them infinitely recurring creatures

Basically, beatdown with an emphasis on sacrifice
>>
>>48357931
>>48358703
Figured as much, just had to ask to be sure. Thanks!
>>
>>48359402
>Relatively cheap 13/13 flying trample with some protection is bad

Just fucking run Ugin's Nexus.
>>
>>48360318
Sage of Fable, unspeakable symbol or Mikaeus to give the nonhumans undying can be really good ways to get counters on things

Sage of Fables also lets you pay (2) to remove a +1/+1 counter and draw a card, meaning an undying creature, her and Ashnods Altar gives you infinite card draw and as many of that creatures ETB as you have cards in libary

Running things like boomerang and thought-seize is also handy since you get hurt pretty hard by grave hate
>>
>>48360318
run multiple sac engines and Bearer of the Heavens, it's a reliable win condition
>>
>>48360511
Yeah I got about 7 cards that give counters, although some of them are kinda iffy (blade of the bloodchief). I guess that's plenty for a 99 card deck.

Maybe I should take out some of the undying/unleashed cards and put in card draw instead? I originally decided to put in like 10 to make sure I always have something to sac within the first few card draws, but I guess if I put in card draw then it'll be easier to get my hands on the counter adding cards.

So I guess the decision is whether I want to tap unkillable creatures at my opponents early on, or quickly gather pieces for a powerful sac ETB engine.
>>
>>48361021
Stuff like Necropotence, Smothering Abomination, or Grim Haruspex really helps with draw, although hitting 3black early game without Urborg is a bit of a stretch
i also play around with Whip/Gary and painlands, Unspeakable Symbol and Treasonous Ogre to fuck with life totals for dethrone
>>
Is it just me, but with the 21dmg rule in commander, does that mean this guy wins in literally 2 rounds (assuming your opponent has 40 hp left when you first use it)?
>>
>>48361220
>combat damage
>>
>>48361236
I was scared for a moment
>>
>>48361220
Oooh, he combos nicely with >>48348511
>>
>>48361165
The cards you mentioned only really give you draw after you have a working sac engine, at which point i don't think you don't need draw nearly as much. so i think i want to put in just good ol' blue/black instant/sorceries that give card draw. maybe an archeomancer for card draw recurse

i could be 100% wrong and this could be retarded tho
>>
>>48361220
Even if he did, you'd be killing yourself with commander damage too.
>>
>>48361484
Or actually, i guess you can put in smothering abomination after another low cmc creature and then you can sac that fuck. i'll add him if i have space or the need
>>
>>48361499
But that's wrong you fucking retard.
>>
>>48361541
>IF
>>
>>48361545
>>48361236
>>
>>48361554
IF, YOU STUPID FUCK.

IF IT WORKED THAT WAY, WHERE COMMANDER DAMAGE WASN'T JUST COMBAT DAMAGE

YOU'D BE KILLING YOUR SELF TOO

FUCKING RETARD
>>
>>48361220
build a b/r stall deck that aims to kill with him * phyresis
>>
>>48361573
I thought you replied to a different post, sorry.
>>
File: 1327603227318.png (10KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
1327603227318.png
10KB, 400x400px
>>48361220
>Mana Geyser
>Fork/Reverberate
>Grafted Exoskeleton
>Boots
>Hidetsugu

>game 2
>>
File: 1390889906758.jpg (864KB, 1024x1009px) Image search: [Google]
1390889906758.jpg
864KB, 1024x1009px
Cathar's Crusade combos with Twilight Drover right?
>>
>>48359302
R/W has decent responses to combo/control, graveyard archetypes being the easiest to thwart. War's Toll/Stranglehold are going in here as well to be more of a deterrent for control. One of the guys in our playgroup is nothing but control decks (Oloro, Thassa, Maga, Meren, Sharum) so I usually have to go after him before he gets the ball rolling. The equipment was probably the most expensive part of the deck and I got lucky with some Pucatrades to fill it out but I'm glad I got them in case I ever want to put them in other decks. I love piloting the deck but White is my favorite color, so idk maybe try putting something together with proxies before committing to it
>>
File: spirit of the night.jpg (29KB, 223x310px) Image search: [Google]
spirit of the night.jpg
29KB, 223x310px
>>48345778
>>
>>48361760
R/W can definitely play anti-control very well, but you wind up being the bad guy by also stepping on other people's toes.
>>
File: 83531.jpg (29KB, 223x310px) Image search: [Google]
83531.jpg
29KB, 223x310px
>playgroup has super casual stax treva the renewer and uses the ashnods altar stream of life combo every game to counter my hokori burn.

>MFW
Every time a player uses a combo we just continue our game as if they weren't there. Yea, like you wanted to win so badly you got it bud. While you're at it try to win a game without putting a lot of discard effects in your deck to counter ramp decks but you won't because you have zero skill.

Fuck the NWO and mark rosewater is the worst thing to happen to commander. Dumbing down the fucking game just to make planeswalkers overpowered and the planeswalker rule means players have to shell out tons of $$ to get different planeswalkers in order to compete in commander. Corporate cash grab bullshit.
>>
>>48362221
>autism
>>
>>48362221
How do you actually lose to a combo that bad? You have numerous cards that can stop a combo like that it's entirely your fault if you lose. Maybe instead of getting mad at your opponent for playing an easy to stop combo, you should just actually learn the game that you're playing.

I know that this is bait but fuck it
>>
File: 1327602895518.png (4KB, 228x257px) Image search: [Google]
1327602895518.png
4KB, 228x257px
>>48362221
>hokori burn
You almost got me
>>
>>48362221

>MY FUN IS RIGHT YOUR FUN IS WRONG
You're in white. Pick one of the many ways to instantly remove the Altar.

Also, that Biorhythym is banned.

Also, also, I have a Liliana deck that forces tons of discard while grinding Value.
>>
>>48362363
I think he was using Biorhythm as a reaction image.
>>
>>48362363
ok so i'm supposed to 100% have a disenchant every single time my opponent can gain over 50 life. my hokori deck strategy is to pile up on mana rocks then use artifact damage cards like rod of ruin talon of pain to burn my opponents while they can't untap their lands and even if i kill ashnods altar immediately my opponent can just in reponse sacrifice his creatures and make a lot of mana to cast dawnglow infusion to gain so much life that he can just wait until his lands let him kill me. Even if I use prototype portal to make copies of talon of pain it's not enough to do all the damage to him and then my friend just takes over the game. Besides disenchant isn't modern and using old cards specifically to get an unfair advantage when if you look far back enough blue has every single effect and that's why you have to pick a year or a few years to be balanced.
>>
>>48362450
Someone will bite.
>>
>>48362491
>>48362491
NEW THREAD
Thread posts: 345
Thread images: 55

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.