[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Warhammer 40k General

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 440
Thread images: 49

File: StickItImage_1464566408293.jpg (758KB, 1024x767px) Image search: [Google]
StickItImage_1464566408293.jpg
758KB, 1024x767px
Gaunting Ghosts edition

>Rules databases
https://mega.co.nz/#F!pFgm0RKR!J06C1gVYcjzNGsF8YNLsjQ
https://kat.cr/warhammer-40k-pdf-library-t9575373.html

>Not the FAQs
http://www.games-workshop.com/en-GB/Rules-Errata

>40k 7th edition quick reference sheet(s)
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/4104995/Games/7edRef.pdf

>Forgeworld Book index
http://www.dakkadakka.com/wiki/en/Forge_World_and_Apocalypse_Rules_Index

>White Dwarves
https://www.mediafire.com/folder/tx4hcy4u487pv/WD

>Novels (Working link as of 02/02/2016)
https://mega.nz/#F!wx4BiKhD!YhnAf1BqSmAB8dO6xDM56Q
>>
File: 1467515722839.gif (2MB, 1024x1024px) Image search: [Google]
1467515722839.gif
2MB, 1024x1024px
Slaneeeeeeesh captures this thread!
>>
>>48340645
No, I mean, Tau never really had to deal with any daemons.
They've dealt with chaos before but never a full blown incursion where you have a wound in reality shitty out endless hordes of daemons.
>>
Continuing from here: >>48340787

It seems to be hinted at in a lot of Adeptus Mechanicus fluff that the actual Magi understand what they're doing with basic technology, on a purely theoretical and physical level just as much as the rites and rituals of the Cult Mechanicus.

That being said, we also know that some of the lower-end Tech Adepts have virtually no understanding and are eased into the secrets of the machine by learning about the incense and religious rites first.

So just how much do we think the AdMech actually knows? They're obviously more intelligent than the "try prayer," meme, but at the same time clearly don't possess a true grasp of all their technology.
>>
If the Milky Way is so fucked, why not just leave to Andromeda?
>>
>>48340888
>Lack of an Astronomicon while in-Warp for reference
>Likely Hive Mind uncontested Warpspace beyond the galactic rim
>Lack of food and water on the way to the other galaxy, Plasma Generators literally can't keep ships running that long with stasis
>Somewhat different Warp-principles from the lack of Chaos presence throwing off Navigators
>Have absolutely no idea what's on the other side

Problem after problem.
>>
>>48340888

Tyranids already ate it, Khorne.
>>
>>48340856
Party on, you heretical sex machine.
>>48340865
You'd think some angsty Word Bear would have done that by now, but what do you know? They failed to do that. Once a Word Bear always a Word Bear.
>>48340870
The day they get a true grasp on their tech would be a good day for the Imperium.
>>48340888
Nids. All of the Nids. Not enough Tyranids however.
>>
>>48340888

Wasn't there a transmission coming from it? Apparently, Orks singing there.
>>
>>48340870
Read the 1d4chan article sub-head titled 'why everything is so grim dark'. It sums up the whole reason everything turned to shit and why they seem to act so stupidly.
>>
>>48341042
Already have, that's not the point. The point is they're not as stupid as the general Memechanicus portrayals, I was merely inquiring as to anyone who's got sources or anything to help in discerning exactly how much they know.
>>
So i can buy another unit of Kastelan Robots or Servitors, what shoukd i buy?
>>
>>48341172
Which do you need?
>>
So over the Weekend I had a single Landspeeder with double multimelts destroy a Predator and a Vindicator in the same game.
This made me think that this particular landspeeder deserves a name.

Any suggestions?

It is a DA RW Landspeeder.
>>
>>48341210
Ive got from both 1 unit
>>
>>48341247
What Chapter is the Land Speeder from?
>>
>>48341247
>>48341295
Shit, nm, I can't into reading comprehension.

It's Ravenwing, so maybe something from Poe or Medieval history?
>>
>>48341247
כור היתוך של זעם. That's Hebrew for "Melting Wrath".
>>
>>48341247
>a single Landspeeder with double multimelts destroy a Predator and a Vindicator
Any person that deploys their Predator near their Vindicator is a moron.
Any player that doesn't realize a Double Multimelta Landspeeder isn't an immediate threat is an idiot.
Anyone who can't destroy an AV10 all around Landspeeder is retarded.

So perhaps Moronbane, Idiot Repellent or Retard Roaster.
>>
>>48341312
>so maybe something from Poe or Medieval history?

That would be ideal I think. Something other than Lion ____ or more generic.

>>48341318

Not much for the Hebrew but Melting Wrath does have a nice ring to it.

>>48341333
He actually had each on opposing corners however most of his force at the Start was closer to the Vindicator. After I popped the Predator (I counter deployed and seized the initiative) he was too caught up my main force and on turn three I was in Melta Range.
>>
What's the best way to compose a strictly chaos demons army to survive the warp storm?

Is it worthwhile to go with one god exclusively, or should you use all four?
>>
>>48341384
>Popping a Predator Turn One

Yeah that would pretty much crush my feels depending on the size of the game.

I am an Iron Hands player with a MSU Battle Company and a beefed up Armoured Task Force (been playing for a bit over the year) and losing my Tanks hurts more than losing all six of my Razorbacks.
>>
>>48341384
Melting Wrath it is then, Anon. The Lion demands it.
>>
>>48341463
Multigod would give you the best chance I suppose.
I always think Monogod is too risky and taking even one partner God can hedge one's bets that at least a portion of their army wont get hit .
>>
>>48341469
>The Lion demands it.
Now I should fit two Multi Meltas so it can even be WYSIWYG.
Though these shitty bars for the Landspeeders weapons keep snapping off either from the landspeeder or the weapon.
>>
>>48341511
>two Multi Meltas
Wait, Landspeeders can take two Multi Meltas?!
>>
>>48341463
take fateweaver and go incursion if you're really worried

also remember you're going to get 7 neutral most of the time and you have the same chance for the army to take instability tests as getting a free unit
>>
>>48341528
Yep.
>>
>>48341528
Yes and in the Attack Squadron I run it in with two Multi Melta Attack Bikes if the Landspeeder Hits (not even wounds/glance/pens) the bikes from the formation get +1BS.
>>
File: landspeeder_meltas-4a121e.png (371KB, 1019x451px) Image search: [Google]
landspeeder_meltas-4a121e.png
371KB, 1019x451px
>>48341528
Yup. One with the passenger and one underneath. The epitome of a glass cannons.
>>
File: 20160718_152257.jpg (417KB, 1024x684px) Image search: [Google]
20160718_152257.jpg
417KB, 1024x684px
>>48341469
>>48341384
>>48341318
I dont want to be that guy but....
That actually translates into "Melting pot of Rage"
>>
Why don't marines put power armored dudes into Land Speeder Storms?
>>
>>48341612
>putting one underneath.

Why didn't I think of that.. God damnit. Mine came with special Heavy Bolters that are Side by Side for when I use two of those (though they aren't twin linked)
>>
>>48341627
>Google translate
Boy that's 100% and in no way infallible
>>
So I know that practically every Legion had a rival counterpart during the Heresy and that the Dark Angels and Space Wolves have a rivalry to this day, but what are some other examples of rivalries and grudges when it comes to the Imperium and/or Chaos?

The only one I can remember of the top of my head are the Marines Malevolent and the Salamanders which is fairly minor.
>>
>>48341627
>>48341715
But that's probably even more perfect.
>>
How close can an habitable planet be to a neutron star even with the most sophisticated terraforming technology? Same system, binnary system, nearby system?
>>
>>48341463
Decurion is the only way to play Daemons. You'll never worry about Daemonic instability again.
>>
>>48341745
https://youtu.be/xx4562gesw0
>>
>>48341715
Yes, but what he said wasn't infallible. Instead, use a verse from the bible thats already set in the analogous hebrew way of speaking.

2 Chronicles 34:25
מַעֲשֵׂ֣י יְדֵיהֶ֑םוְתִתַּ֧ךְחֲמָתִ֛י בַּמָּק֥וֹם
the works of their hands will be poured my place of wrath.
>>
>>48341463
Daemonic Incursion and/or Fateweaver is a must. Incursion prevents you from getting the really shitty Warpstorm results, and severely mitigates the harm from the "Units take Instability Tests" results from the Storm. Fateweaver's reroll combined with the Incursion is just disgusting. 50+ Pink Horrors with a 3++ is stupid durable.
>>
Corax and and an Alpha Legionare play hide and seek with an Inquisitor. Who wins?
>>
I recently got into 40k to play with my friend and few of his friends (plus a decent playgroup from the near shop) and bought two of the Start Collecting: Space Wolves (Got two for a total of $150 so it was a great deal I think) and two Rhinos.

Now I have saved up enough money to buy another edition (Another $150). I was thinking to get Wulfen since they should help my TWC which are the real MVPs of my army and the coolest models. My friend suggested Long Fangs for more Anti-Armor and more Long Range capabilities.

Should I split the difference and get a mix of both or does one outweigh the other? I am only playing 800-1000 points right now.

My main opponents are Necrons, Imperial Guard and Ravenwing.
>>
>>48341976
>Who wins?
The Imperium.
>>
>>48341976
Eldrad. He wasn't even playing, but he still wins. Because he's a dick.
>>
>>48341976
The Inquisitor. He'll just blow up the planet if he can't find them
>>
To participate in tournaments, do you have to use official GW models, or can you make your own?
>>
On the off chance anyone that plays Corsairs is here, do you run Voidstorm Bands? I'm thinking of adding an Allied Detachment for my DE, and they seem pretty neat (although overpriced and likely to die to a strong breeze) as well as a fluffy addition to a Kabalite raiding band (not the actual formation though since it's pointless). Is the following a good idea or bad?:

>Prince - Seeker of Forbidden Treasures, Jetpack, Shimmershield, Venom Blade (105 pts)
>Voidstorm Band - 4x CCW & Pistol Felarchs w/ 4x Venom Blade, 1x Flamer Felarch, Jet Packs, Tanglefield Grenades, Combat Drugs (160 pts)

So 265 pts for a bunch of poisoned attacks on the charge, "fuck your initiative" grenades, jetpacks, 4+/5++, Ld 10 instead of 9/6, and whatever benefit they end up getting from combat drugs. I expect them to die anyway like all of the rest of my units, but it could be fun when it works[/spoilers]. The rest of the Allied Detachment would be deep striking Hornets, Infiltrating Ranger-wannabes, and maybe a Fire Prism or something.

Also my math might be a bit off since I threw that together from memory, but it probably gets the idea across.
>>
>>48342130
Depends entirely on the tournament organizer. Some will allow third party models or bits.

During tournaments there are time limits imposed sometimes so that you actually get through the ladder in a reasonable time. Wasting twenty minutes explaining how a ball of greenstuff rolled in a bits jar is a Daemon Prince.
>>
>>48342130
Depends on the tournament. Most require GW models, some will allow a certain percentage of an individual model to be 3rd party (like 25%).
>>
>>48340888

Why dont we just take the Orks and the Nidz and push them into the warp?
>>
>>48342164
>>48342157
What's the reasoning behind not allowing 3rd party models? Is it just GW money jewery?
>>
>>48341716
>Word Bearers/Ultramarines
>Imperial Fists/Iron Warriors
>Death Guard/White Scars
>Nightlords/Dark Angels
>Nightlords/Salamanders
>Emperors Children/Iron Hands
Just off the top of my head
>>
>>48341983
Get either 2 units of 5 Wulfen, load them up with max or near max thunderhammer stormshields and put them into a murderpack formation. Use any leftover money for longfangs w. lascannons.
>>
>>48342167
Chaos pushes them back out onto us. Also; this has happened. There is a small troop of boyz who specialize in demon killing. Korne loved them so, he made them undying and they live forever in his domain waaghing against demons.
>>
>>48342184
Yes.
>>
I can run a squad of 9 boyz and one boss nob, correct? Or am I looking at this wrong?
>>
>>48342209

Khorne fucking with Ork like that wouldn't make Gork and Mork angry?
>>
>>48342235
gork and mork aren't paying attention
>>
>>48342157
>>48342164
I almost played a game against a "Daemon Player" who started setting up Tyranids all over and I told him that I thought he played Daemons. I was pretty new and this wouldve been my fourth or fifth game back then.

"Oh I just use these as proxies"
>Flyrant is a Daemon Prince
Okay....
>Thropes are Flamers of Tzeentch
I guess thats cool
>Gaunts are pink horrors
I can deal with-
>Gargoyles are Screamers of Tzeentch
That isn't too ba-
>Carnifexes are Tzeentch Flamer Chariots
Well thats just silly

Nothing was WYSIWYG, not that I am a big stickler on things but I didn't know much about Daemons or Tyranids then and was getting them all confused in my head so I just said I wasn't up for it.

Looking back they didn't even have a daemonic paint job or bits just a regular Tyranid theme of Agrax Wash over White Primer with a maroon detail picked out.
>>
>>48342190
Yeah that is what I was thinking. I guess its heresy but I like the Wulfen Models.
I also have collected a bunch of SW bits (especially shoulders and heads) and was wondering if there is anything majorly different between Long Fangs and Devastators of if I could just buy some second hand Devs and put my bits on them.
>>
>>48342262
>Implying Gork and Mork wouldn't find it hilarious
>>
>>48342297
i don't blame you, using an entirely different army for daemons is a bit much. it's not like using blue marines as red or blue
>>
File: Interwarp.png (58KB, 517x211px) Image search: [Google]
Interwarp.png
58KB, 517x211px
>>48342262
>>48342356
>>
WTF happened to the SW's other marines after the HH and the Chapter split up since they don't have successors?
>>
>>48342401
the wolf brothers successor chapter became straight up mutants so they got 'wolfed"
>>
>>48342401
Im guessing the legion slowly shrunk through the constant attrition of ten millennia of warfare and not being able to replace their losses very quickly given their ass backwards recruiting world and unstable geneseed
>>
>>48342209
Here is the exact story for those wh want it.
http://warhammer40k.wikia.com/wiki/Tuska
>>
>>48342230
You are correct. Note that the nob cost is an upgrade cost, so you have to pay for the 10 boys and then the upgrade cost on top.
>>
>>48342327
You are missing out on some of the iconography, one thing to look out for is that you can't take grav cannons. I would recommend purchasing the real models though, at least think about it an extra time. Better spend that extra money here than have them not feel like they are truly a part of your army.
>>
>>48342187
You mean
>Dark Angels/Dark Angels

I'm sorry.
Someone had to.
>>
>>48342401
Their chapter is larger than most, in addition to simply having an unspecified larger amount of marines they also have a fleet many times larger than most.
>>
>>48341716
>>48342187
Also Blood Angels/Black Legion, and I think Raven Guard/Alpha Legion have a bit of a shadow war thing going on.
>>
>>48342187

>Blood Ravens/Inquisition
>>
>>48342719
NOTHING HAPPENED ON CALIBAN KEEP MOVING NOTHING TO SEE HERE
>>
Hey guys, I'm looking to start building an army of my own and the grey Knights really caught my eye but I'm trying to optimize them the best I can since I'm very new to this. I've noticed some inquestion units that have snipers and I'm also wondering if they go well with them. Like I've seen some sniper dudes they had and heard gray Knights lack range or something?
>>
>>48342803
>Everyone/Inquisition
>>
>>48342850
You sure? I heard there was a huge party or something and it got out of hand
>>
>>48342991

Grey Knights and Inquisition go together, yeah. They used to be the same codex.

For future reference using the term "optimization" is likely to get you a shitton of butthurt rage replies from shit codex users calling you a WAACfag.
>>
>>48342991
what grey knights actually lack is anti-tank.

the ability to deepstrike nearly everything makes up for short ranges much of the time, but in the current codex the only effective heavy ranged AT they have is dreadnought and storm raven.

you can supplement your GKs with inquisition or normal marines to regain that anti-tank punch a few different ways. if you go marines and want to stick to inquisition fluff I'd recommend red hunters chapter or exorcists.

as for grey knights themselves:
the only HQ worth a damn is the librarian.
troops you might as well go terminators, they cost less $$ per squad and are flat better for not a comparatively huge points jump.
elites purifiers are good but stick them in a stormraven if you're going to bother (or with a librarian that rolled gate of infinity)
heavy support: dreadknights (take sword, PT, and heavy incinerator always, heavy psycannon is take or leave)

land raiders are kinda ok, but generally not worth it compared to just deep striking.
>>
I've been out of the loop. Do people 3d print their miniatures already? Are there any meshes to download out there?
>>
>>48343138
>>48342991
other option for adding a nice DISTRACTION CARNIFEX and some AT punch to a list is an Imperial Knight. errant or warden is generally the best pickup there, with the 3-shot missile pod as a carapace weapon, thunderstrike gauntlet is ok but can be a risky option due to striking at I1
>>
>>48342991
they do lack ranged attacks but from what i've see (against my daemons anyway) they tend to make out okay with dreadknights, psycannons, and shunting up their units
>>
>>48342991
the only "sniper dudes" the inquisition has that i can think of is the vindicare assassin but hes not in the inquisition codex hes actually in the assassins dataslate.

if your looking to win with inquisition/greyknights you might want to look elsewhere because those are two very low tier armies right now. only play them if your want to collect those armys
>>
>>48343182
no, because prints unless they're done on multi-thousand dollar resin layup machines are obvious as fuck and will get you B& from stores faster than yes.

you might see it once the average ABS filament printer is capable of about 10x finer resolution than current, and those do already exist but will generally set you back $18k

one thing people ARE using printers for is custom conversion parts. I have my own printer and have been using it to make some conversion peices for an imperial knight, along with some different servo-arm bits for techmarines, vehicle parts, and scenery pieces.

you can get some very decent quality ABS filament printers now for less than $500, and make the STL files for whatever you want to print using FreeCAD, just keep in mind that you'll need to do considerable testing to figure out what thicknesses you can print without heat-warping, from personal experience a model with a bed-heater is highly recommended.
>>
>>48343275
nigga I just want to print some shit and play with friends.
>>
>>48343219
>if your looking to win with inquisition/greyknights you might want to look elsewhere because those are two very low tier armies right now.
No they're not.
Grey Knights are rather solid mid-tier, and inquistion is fucking amazing when doing it's job as a support army. Taking an inquistor or two with three servo skulls each as an ally to something like marines does really fucking well at tournaments.
In fact, one such list took 4th place at adepticon this year.
To call inquistion low tier is to either mis-understand how the army works, or reveal a complete lack of understanding of what the teirs really are.
>>
>>48343611
Then go pay multiple armies worth of money for the resources you need. Even then your guys will lack detail and probably look like shit, but if your friends are fine with that why not just go buy some plastic army men from a dollar store and grind them to proper height.

>>48343275 Seems to know what he is talking about.
>>
>>48343611
you won't be printing shit for a while, as stated the level of precision isn't there, and you'd need to get a properly done STL mesh even if it could.

sorry to ruin your happy fantasy
>>
>>48340790
Hey 40k. I just wanted an opinion.

Is a story where a warp monster is the protagonist, enters reality through a witch on a backwater planet, and goes on to conquer/eat the planet worth writing? What would need to be done to make the story worth reading?
>>
>>48341468
>an Iron Hands player with a MSU Battle Company and a beefed up Armoured Task Force

Ugh. That is the army I want to play. Small groups of BattleBros in a bunch of Razorbacks supported by Laspredators.

I am slowly learning the game and setting aside money for a bulk purchase but I have played my friends IG enough with his Veterans in Chimeras with Leman Russ support that I know I will be making an Iron Hands list.
>>
>>48343678
there is a story in the daemon book where a greater daemon possesses a minor and uses him as a warp portal to take over the planet

not as interesting as when nurgle decided to help a planet during a drought by drowning them then sending in his daemons, that was hilarious
>>
>>48343632
+1 for this.
Their are two GK players at myself, one that uses a Knight and one that doesnt have to if ya know what I mean.
He has the Inquis with Skulls and all his crazy Libs and the new Psychic Powers that he came in 2nd in our 2000pt League this summer.
The only reason I beat him in our match (5th/12 in the league ) was because Muh AP2 Spam but he really played that army to the fullest.
He had a small CAD or formation start on the field with very little on the field including the Inquisitor I think then BAM in comes a shit ton of Special Termis and some of those Dreadknight things.
>>
>>48343718
>not as interesting as when nurgle decided to help a planet during a drought by drowning them then sending in his daemons, that was hilarious
How exactly did he plan on helping them?
Because something tells me it involves either turning them into zombies, giving them diseases, or something else equally as heretical
>>
File: dark communion.jpg (923KB, 1047x3020px) Image search: [Google]
dark communion.jpg
923KB, 1047x3020px
>>48343678

Explore the warped psychology of a being of the Warp whose entire existence is predicated on the whims of an glorified thought-bubble. That might make it interesting.

I remember reading a short story somewhere about the contempt of a (Thousand Sons iirc) CSM commander for the foolish mortals on a planet he's about to exterminate. It was pretty cool. It had a bit about how he's trying to remember key events from his unnaturally long life.

Actually I just had a look in my /tg/ folder and here it is.
>>
>>48341468
>MSU Battle Company

All non-retarded Battle Company's are MSU. That phrasing is redundant.
>>
>>48343632
Not that there's much of a point in explaining the tier system to somebody who can't spell "tier", but I'll lay it out for you: there are two tiers in 40k tournaments right now, the Win tier and the Lose tier. Win tier is Eldar, Marines, Dark Angels, Daemons, and in some special cases Admech and Tau. Everyone else is in the Lose tier.

Then there's the fake forgeworld factions who aren't really a part of the game. They fall into the lower Win tier right now.
>>
Huh. I just checked the prices.

Is there any cheap way to get tournament legal models? How about a hard copy of the rules (83 for a codex seems like highway robbery).
>>
>>48343800
The Ultramarine player at my shop insists on running 6 full units tacticals all in fucking Rhinos but thats probably due to chapter tactics and the other shenanigans that let him use that Doctrine every fucking turn.
>>
>>48343678
Make the planet a medieval shit hole like Westeros. The witch was publicly gang raped and then they tried to burn her at the stake. The demon attracted to her has a knight in shining armor complex. He heroically saves her and pledges to purge all those evil nasty people and create hellish paradise.
>>
>>48343760
they were thirsty; so he gave them enough to keep them hydrated for the rest of their lives. it's typical chaos work. his real intent was to sow misery and death by causing death and plagues

>>48343745
>Their are two GK players at myself
>>
>>48343856
>35-55 free points per squad?
>i better add 70 points of bolter marines to make extra sure i can abuse these savings!
>>
>>48343849
Forgot Necrons in the lower win tier, but that's because they aren't worth remembering
>>
>>48343851
>Is there any cheap way to get tournament legal models?
2nd hand I suppose. Some online vendors sell at a 10-20% from GW prices.

If you are up for a quest and you aren't an idiot you could try and get recasts but don't ask for them here especially.

If you are new why are you trying to hop right into tournaments? Table Top legal models are much more forgiving if you arent playing at a Brick and Mortar GW
>>
>>48343851

You should just pirate the rules and put them on your phone or an ereader. Digital rules are tournament legal and they can't prove the authenticity of your pirated documents without massively infringing on your privacy (which they can do, as tournaments are private property, but it causes a huge scene and looks bad on them).

Tournament legal models just means paint your recasted shit and sand/file/fill them will enough so people won't notice that they're obviously recast. Although recasts are garbage in general.
>>
>>48343866
>Their are two GK players at myself
at my store*. Had to use my voice to text while typing an email.
>>
>>48343849

He clearly made a typo, you fucking sperg. He spelled it correctly in the second line of his post.
>>
>>48343897
>>48343916
How do recasts work? You just buy an illegal third party seller and sand it down till it looks official?
>>
>>48343760
If I remember the story right, tribes were dying out because of the drought, so some of them turned to worship an old God (nurgle). Because of this, he answered them with rain. At first everything was great, but then the rain didn't stop and people started getting sick. Eventually those who worshipped him turned into zombies and etc and those who didn't either died to disease or killed by nurgles new disciples. I figure when nurgle decided to "help" them he went with the solution that made his new worshippers happy and would give him more power
>>
>>48343954

Recasts are basically Chinese or Russian individuals operating in countries where copyright laws are non-existent or unenforcable. They then acquire molds to make Forge World resin and Games Workshop plastic models, either through theft when Games Workshop had a couple factories in China, or simply purchasing an existing model kit and crafting their own mold based on the model. They then sell their own models made from these molds for much lower prices as they don't have to pay high wages like America or the United Kingdom and they also don't have to pay for storage, factories, artists fees and royalties, designers, etc.

Generally the resin is slightly more brittle and the inferior recasters also fail to get sharp and smooth details right, but the high quality recasts are generally indistinguishable from a well prepared Forge World model. Keep in mind Forge World models often have defects that need correcting as well, but their customer service will replace faulty parts and their sturdier resin is better for delicate parts like thin blades or antennas. However, even FW resin will snap thin parts if you drop the model.

Things like resin FW tanks cost hundreds of dollars, and are huge thick chunks of resin, so most players see no reason not to spend much less money on a recast tank, and the thick models like vehicles and space marines have no danger of snapping or breaking due to the lower quality resin used by bootleggers and forgeries.
>>
>>48344040
I'll probably start with these then. I'm amazed they can charge these prices and get away with it.
>>
>>48344199
>I'll probably start with these then
Don't get ahead of yourself. First you have to find one that will take your order that most won't openly share with you.
Then you have to accept that getting them presentable will take much more work than normal and factoring in that they will be much more fragile.
>>
>>48344199
>I'm amazed they can charge these prices and get away with it.

It's called business. Other companies charge even more. They have no reason not to gouge customers as hard as they can get away with so as to reap maximum profit.
>>
>>48344199
it's called a hobby for a reason. if you want an easy entry get the "get started" box. they're pretty good for their costs and you can find them for $60 or so on ebay.

or try another game, malifaux has an easier entry way and i hear infinity is like that as well
>>
>>48344253
I don't begrudge them their gouging. I'm kind of annoyed at the market that puts up with those prices.
>>
>>48344253
>gouge customers as hard as they can get away with so as to reap maximum profit

It's a fine line though. I assume GW believes they are sitting at a price point that more people are willing to pay it, then are driven away by it. I'm inclined to agree; price isnt a huge dealbreaker. They need to improve the quality of their rules though, it's pretty bad.
>>
From a purely mechanical standpoint, which is going to be better (assuming both work well for the fluff I have in mind)

Imperial Guard with Inquisition as the warlords

Renegades & Heretics with CSM allies?
>>
>>48343611
That's a nice goal for your kids to have. It aint happening for you though.
>>
>>48342187
>Nightlords/Salamanders

What's this about?
>>
>>48342187
Dark Angels & Crimson Slaughter now too.
>>
>>48341716
Don't forget Space Wolves/Thousand Sons, if we're counting loyalists v traitors as well.
>>
New Chaos Demons guy here

Would it be worth it to pick up some imperial knights (the tactica mentions you can run them as an ancient house fallen to chaos).
>>
>>48344464
first option, 2nd is forgeworld and who knows how people feel about that

>>48344639
sure, brings in much needed ranged support. you'll just take a detachment of renegade knights
>>
>>48344464
Renegades and Heretics is I believe Forge World and therefore expensive so I would advise Guard but others may know better.
>>
>>48344502
Vulkan publicly denounced Kurze's brutal tactics so in retaliation Kurze kidnapped Vulkan during the Dropsite Massacre and tortured/killed him over and over again for an extended period of time
>>
>>48344639

You can if you want. Daemons don't need any help if you play Tzeentch. That 400 points you spent on the Knight could be spent on psykers instead which would in turn summon more than 800 points of daemons themselves.
>>
>>48344719

I'm sure that would show him and everyone else! Retarded ass Curze.
>>
>>48344695
>expensive
to be fair, 99% of Renegades and Heretics would be the same models as Guard (or even just third party shit, because there aren't official models for most of it outside of a couple FW tanks that are optional and stuff that already exists in the guard range)
>>
>>48342187

AL vs. RG
NL vs. RG

What's the NL vs. DA thing? DA vs. SW
>>
>>48344733
Good point.
>>
>>48344502
Night lords and salamanders fought together during the great crusade for a bit. They did not get along well. Tgere was this world with i believe 5 or 7 great and heavily fortified cities. The salamanders wanted to take them all and give them all a fair chance to fight or surrender. When they blasted the walls put of the first city they discovered that the night lords had slaughtered the entire populace very messily (they find a meters high pile of baby corpses iirc). The rest of the cities surrendered without a shot being fired as was the night lords intent. The salamnders still thought the night lords tactics to extreme and uncalled for. The night lord told the slamanders to stop whinig. This is their feud.
>>
>>48344456

Yeah. Their sales are down 10% but if they lowered prices too much they would probably lose more in profits than they'd gain in sales. They already have discounted boxes like BaC and the old BA/SW campaign boxes which gave over 50% discounts at MSRP and the Knight box.

They also need to stop wasting money on Age of Sigmar. I don't have anything against AoS, but it seems like they are spending a whole lot of money on it in terms of making new models and machinery for a franchise that isn't selling as well as 40K. They tried so hard to play favorites with WHFB even though it was hemorraghing money, and now they still want to play favorites with AoS using 40K profits.

I'm sure improving rules is the cheapest way to get more sales. But I think they or their shareholders aren't willing to spend the time and money to develop a high quality ruleset that actively attracts new customers. While it's not as expensive as what they no doubt spend for AoS, hiring rules writers and testers isn't exactly cheap.
>>
>>48344429
>I'm kind of annoyed at the market that puts up with those prices.

This is what most GW price whiners don't realize. The market is bearing the high cost. Then again, the market is also massively influenced by GW. They're by far the oldest and most popular in this niche market.
>>
>>48344826
> money concerns
I read something a while ago that mentioned that they made as much money from franchises and licensing from the video game properties last year as they made from sales of 40k. Losing a bit of money developing AoS probably doesn't even make a dent in their margins by comparison.
>>
>>48344746
Curze always was about proving a point. Even if he had to go full retard to do it
>>48344761
Well Curze got a sword in the gut compliments of the Lion and things went downhill from there until eventually the Dark Angels shattered the Night Lords legion
>>
>>48344918
It really worries me that videogames are effortlessly out selling their miniatures.

Compared to how popular videogames are, to the still very niche genre of miniature games, do you think the market is dying?
>>
>>48343861
It would be nice if the deamon was manevolent (as demons always should be) but born of her desire to hurt those who hurt her. If he was her hatred made manifest. He'd be a lesser demon of limited power but still strong enough to be near invincible to people on a feudal world with no knowledge of the arcane,especially if the witch would help it. Then it would slowly turn on her and perverse her intent of punishing those hurt her to hating everyone. The deamon would make her hatred consume her and it would start to controll her till she'd be nothing but a crazed, murder addicted psychopath.
>>
>>48344639
Knights are almost always worth it or capable of being made worth it, though from a strictly optimal perspective, daemons are probably some of the least dependent on outside support.

Want to add some ranged support? Take some renegade knights and stock up on guns and let them serve as artillery that daemons sorely lack. Want instead an unkillable daemon machine that will chop up any other lords of war? Take a chaos knight.
>>
>>48344966
not per se, videogames are more marketable to the greater public
>>
>>48344826
AoS is for collectors, not gamers. A single collector is worth a hundred games.
>>
>>48344918

I think we have to assume AoS is at least breaking even with the cost to produce it, otherwise they definitely wouldn't be dumping all this money on a franchise reboot that is STILL losing them money like WHFB was. So despite what the haters are saying, AoS is doing at least well enough to keep it going, unlike WHFB.
>>
>>48344966

This has always been the case. The wargaming community is booming and has grown vastly larger than it used to be 10 or 20 years ago. Not all of it is GW of course, but the fact that all these other competitors that isn't just Warmahordes is great for the hobby. Malifaux, Infinity, Bolt Action, Flames of War, X-Wing, Dark Age, Dust Tactics, Dystopian Wars/Legions, Dropzone Commander, Dropfleet Commander, it's doing so well GW is even bringing back Blood Bowl and BFG.
>>
>>48345008
In the GW store i visit the most it is actually pretty popular. I spend several days tgere just sitting and painting with some other guys and about 2/3's of the costumers and painters were busy with AoS
>>
>>48344997
This is probably why 30k is so successful. It has much more collector's aspects than 40k. Confirm/deny?
>>
>>48345065
Confirmed. That's why they get away with selling brittle, chalky resinous turds that can't stand up to transport and tabletop use while GW got crucified for making finecast.
>>
>>48344966
> It really worries me that videogames are effortlessly out selling their miniatures
Way different audiences at way different price points. It would cost me $500+ to field a relatively complete a single WHFB army. I can pick up Total War: Warhammer for $50 and have access to all of the armies in a format I can play from the comfort of my home, in single player, or against an internet worth of people at whatever time of night fits my schedule.

What tabletop has over video games is the hobby aspect and the social aspect. I think that's actually why they are doing what they are doing with the AoS line, as >>48344997 said. They models are gorgeous and the people buying them are generally collectors or people buying them for conversion fodder (Bloodreavers, slaughterpriests, and a number of other AoS sculpts have been converted into space wolf characters, of all things)

>>48345008
Yeah, I doubt they are actually losing money on AoS, but I was just going with the premise. It probably does alright, given how much work they've put into it.

For all the wailing about how AoS is unpopular, I think the true test will be when 40k 8e comes out. If it's been pushed in an AoS direction mechanically, it's going to be safe to assume that enough people in real world actually liked the AoS mechanics for them to influence the development of GW's real cash cow. The current state of formations/detachments already kind of looks like the way AoS does their "Grand Alliances" thing.
>>
>>48344997
But has it made itself something worth collecting?

Collectors like to collect miniatures they can talk about, that have a history and story behind them.
AoS abandoned it's WHFB heritage, I'd collect and paint up a nice Karl Franz model or maybe even that bloodskull khorn guy but who the fuck is going to pay some insane price for the three new chaos knights, Archaons 'literally who' bodyguard?
>>
File: 1468560839278.png (52KB, 512x360px) Image search: [Google]
1468560839278.png
52KB, 512x360px
>>48345107
>I can pick up Total War: Warhammer for $50 and have access to all of the armies
If only that were true.

It's $60 for the base game, $8 for chaos warriors DLC and $18 for the beastmen DLC pack.
>>
>>48344761
Dark angels straight up destroyed the night lord legion. They've rebuilt now to some extent but they are still very scattered and don't all have the same goals in mind.
>>
>>48344825
>ugh Curze you can't use rad weapons that's inhumane!!
>proceeds to roast people alive with glee
IIRC Ferrus even called Vulkan out on that bullshit at some point as well.
>>
>>48345168
I'm going to have to respectfully disagree. A great number of model collectors collect models because they are pretty and want to paint them. You can say whatever you want about the abortion that is AoS fluff, but if you didn't particularly care about WHFB before, the change in properties isn't going to bother you now.

That angle has actually been really played up across GW's whole line. Almost every model for AoS is significantly more detailed and better sculpted than anything from WHFB. 30k is making money on the same premise. The brittle resin sculpts are making a killing because they are better looking than plastic marines. They are appealing to people who are willing to pay a premium for the quality of sculpts.

GW isn't retarded. They know they are competing in a broader and broader market, and they know that 3d printing will eventually be a problem. Their primary edge right now as a marketing company is their ability to turn out models that are better than the majority of their competition - which is why you see so many people still buying old WHFB models to play Kings of War.
>>
>You go to your LGS to play some 40k
>Amongst the normal neckbeards, you spot a girl
>She is a 10/10 smokeshow
>Probably someone's gf just watching, you think
>You go over and realise she's playing
>Fluffy Armageddon Steel Legion army
>You strike up a conversation with her, she clearly likes you
>You agree to meet up for a game tomorrow, she blushes as you leave
>You meet her the next day and she's happy to see you, the chemistry is evident
>You smile at her and deploy your armies, ready to play your first game together
>Suddenly, your face drops
>She's taken out the Death From the Skies rulebook
>"I love the new dogfight phase anon!"

What do you do?
>>
>>48345290
Ask her to explain that shit to me then give it a try.
>>
>>48345290
Is this supposed to be a trick question? Or are people just bad at social skills.

Treat her like any other player. "Oh cool, how do they work?" and if it's simple, use it because working with your opponent makes everything more fun. If they are more complicated, then politely ask if they would mind not using them in this battle and then volunteering to play a game with them after you've had a chance to read up on them.
>>
>>48345290
>>Fluffy Armageddon Steel Legion army

Do a 360 and walk away.
>>
File: 1460437011338.gif (193KB, 400x399px) Image search: [Google]
1460437011338.gif
193KB, 400x399px
>that feel when you've made a silly list that might work out well
>>
>>48345107

I hate when people say wargaming costs $500 and a video game costs $60 when you had to pay for the console and television, or PC, monitor, and peripherals.
>>
>>48345341
My friend tried a Wierdboy heavy list focused on daemon summoning. He called it "DA MOLLYWHOPPAZ" and it was fucking hilarious.
>>
>>48345290
learn to start dogfighting, anon. its not actually that bad, and with even a tiny bit of practice can be done quickly enough not to really impact the game flow too much
>>
>>48345092
Stop buying from recasters, Anonymous.

inb4 "joke's on you I was talking about FW"
>>
>>48345290
Call her a whore.
>>
>>48345366
>implying I own a flyer
>>
>>48345356
Fair point, but a lot more people already -have- the television or the computer, the monitor, and so on.

There's a huge difference in effective cost between "I buy a $500 computer because I'm going to have one anyway and with it I can play a nigh-unlimited number of games" and "I'm going to spend $500 for one army for one specific game, plus logistics (paint, brushes, tools, etc)"
>>
>>48345405
then no dogfighting happens and the person with a flyer gets minor buff, and you move on with your life.
>>
>>48345279
>>premium for FW models

GW plastic isn't really cheaper than FW resin anymore, and chinacast is cheaper and better looking than anything GW offers.
>>
>>48345405
>Implying I have flyer or a non digital codex.
>>
>>48345356
That computer console and monitor don't only play that one game though, so it's not quite the same.
>>
>>48345416
most people are strictly comparing game/game, which isn't really a correct comparison, as part of the hobby IS the modeling and painting side. well over half of my enjoyment from this hobby comes from collecting/converting and painting models I think look good, regardless of TT rules. once you factor in time spent painting/modeling the prices don't seem nearly as bad
>>
>>48345265
Yeah, if you look up Vulkan's page on 1d4chan there's a funny version of that confrontation in dogma right at the top.
>>
>>48343849
That is quite possibly the worst tier breakdown I've ever seen. Not only is it basically only true for tournaments (which is in no way the majority of the hobby), you are claiming says that armies like IG, imperial knights and blood angels are at the same level as orks, CSM or nids. Which is true in tournaments, but is both inaccurate and misleading in litteraly any other setting.
Most everyone uses three tiers: high mid and low. High for the real good stuff, mid for stuff like IG, and low for the really shitty armies like orks and CSM. The tiers as you describe them will not just present new people with inaccurate claims outside of a very specific type of meta or just a regular tournaments, it's completely and detrimental for new players, as it will lead them to think that armies that are completely and totally playable are in the same situation as the utterly unplayable ones, causing them to go toward the armies that you claim are the only ones that actually win. Which means you're making a bunch of WAACfags.

You are actively making this hobby worse by using that tier list.
>>
>>48344973
This is warhammer. "Good" is a relative term.

In order for the story to remain compelling despite the protagonist being a daemon and a witch, they need to be sympathetic. The shithole aspects of the planet need to be played up so that the atrocities they commit seem genuinely reasonable in that context. The protagonists also need to be written with likeable or atleast not hateworthy personalities.

So yes, the daemon must be good and spread a message of hope (from its own perspective, natch) or people won't be interested in a story that is otherwise full to the brim of pain and suffering.
>>
>>48345362
that sounds great actually, i think most (including myself) underestimate weirdboys
>>
How do you feel about playing 40k with youngsters tee gee? I don't mean teenagers, I mean like kids. I was at my LGW the other day looking for a game and basically ended up playing a 4v2 with these two really annoying little kids (like they must have been only 8-10 years old) that weren't even really playing and it was just kind of annoying and shitty to babysit them. I didn't mind any of the other 3 dudes at the table but man this was just frustrating.
>>
File: ss+(2016-04-21+at+08.32.54).jpg (77KB, 1558x787px) Image search: [Google]
ss+(2016-04-21+at+08.32.54).jpg
77KB, 1558x787px
>>48345341
> TFW I now have the opening works of my Monstergirl Operator army sitting on my desk
> TFW I have just assembled my first ever leman russ
> TFW waiting for my shit from anvil/victoria to make wolfgirl crew
>>
>>48345265
To add to this, Vulkan burns a child alive. It's an eldar child to be fair but she's still kind of innocent (she saw everyone she probabaly knew was just shot down as her family attrmpted a failed escape from their night lord captors who accidently shoot Vulkan's personal remabrancer and looks at Vulkan really hatefully).
>>
>>48345478
There's no tier list in a non-tournament setting. Tier lists are how gamers point out the flaws and imbalances in a competitive game. If you're just playing friendly games for fun, you shouldn't be running optimized (read: WAAC) lists at all. If you're not using the best possible build your codex has to offer, there's no point in breaking things down into tiers. Space Marines are bottom tier if you run some fluff list full of tac squads, assault marines and devastators with no bikes or Gladius freebies.
>>
>>48345547
I think we sent raptors anon off the deep end guys
>>
>>48345356
I pay 800 for a PC capable of running current gen games, and I can get access to enough content from all previous gens to outlast my expected lifespan.

Arguing that you should include the PC in the cost of picking up a warhammer video game is silly, considering you can use a PC for so much more than a simple warhammer video game, and everyone who is considering buying miniatures probably already has a PC.
>>
>>48345290
I am inwardly ecstatic since this only makes my fmc's harder to kill since her valkyries must snapfire at them.
>>
>>48345428
>chinacast is better looking than anything GW offers

How? I mean, a chinacast GW space marine is gonna look like a GW space marine.
>>
>>48345531
Meet 40K's new target demographic, anon. Enjoy being a babysitter.
>>
>>48345598
I mean Chinacast forge world looks better than GW's non FW models. Buying Chinacast versions of models that were meant to be plastic is just asking for trouble.
>>
>>48345497
But would it not be interesting for a short fanfic to feature the mind bending perspective of a purly evil deamon? He's hate made manifest, a human emotion. We all have been angry and upset, so why would a bad character that only has those characteristics be unrelateable and uncompelling in a short story?
>>
>>48345560
>There's no tier list in a non-tournament setting.
There most certainly is. Even when both players aren't optimizing and only running fluffy lists, if one guys is playing orks and the other is playing something like marines, then the guy who is playing marines has an inherent advantage compared to the orks player.
Now, non-tournament tiers are quite a bit more fluid than tournaments ones, that's very true. But even in a completely non-competive meta, some armies are just inhernetly better than other ones. Non-tournament tiers allow players, esspecially new ones, to understand upfront what level of difficulty they will be facing, because even when everyone is playing with fun, that doesn't mean people don't care about winning. It just means far far less.
>>
>>48345531
We occasionally have players teaching their whatever relations the game and coaching them through it. The few times I have participated in those games I knew before hand and was prepared. We also played the games on weekday evenings when it is never too busy.

If a few kids stopped by and were annoying me I would just tell them off after enough warning.
A mom stopped by looking at the videogames in my LGS with her sons that were probably 8ish and they were watching our games intently but when they reached for my opponents bloodthirster he told the kids not to touch any models since they were fragile and expensive. The mom asked the price on the side and quickly hurried the kids away from our table.
>>
>>48345634
I made the mistake of buying a Chinacast FINECAST. THE FUCK WAS I THINKING?
>>
>>48345712
You weren't
>>
>>48345676
No. You're actively making the hobby worse by discouraging people from choosing the armies they like. It's up to gamers to make up for GW's lack of interest in developing and testing rules.

Furthermore, it's impossible to break the factions down into tiers without data. Outside of tournaments you have no data. You are basing your classification entirely on personal bias and anecdotal observations. For example: /tg/ thinks that the Tau are a stand-alone God tier, but actual tournament statistics refute that observation. Bias is the enemy of science.
>>
>>48345290
>What do you do?

A '10' you say? I learn to dogfight and pretend to love it. The night ends with me banging her.
>>
File: 1338510396223.gif (881KB, 250x188px) Image search: [Google]
1338510396223.gif
881KB, 250x188px
>>48345745
>codexes and the fundamental strictures of the game are not a system that can be analyzed.

you forgot your massive case of derp.
>>
>>48345671
I don't think anyone could write a short story about conquering an entire planet and turning it into a hellscape without it feeling like the outline of a story rather than actual story.
>>
>>48344761
>What's the NL vs. DA thing?

The Dark Angels killed Sevatar in addition to inflicting heavy casualties on the NL.
>>
>>48345745
>Furthermore, it's impossible to break the factions down into tiers without data. Outside of tournaments you have no data.
What is mathhammer?
And even ignoring that, are you seriously claiming that without tournaments, people would never be able to tell that orks are far worse than space marines?
>>
List the top disgusting/gay things about the warhammer 40k GAME (you fluff fags can go somewhere else)

I'll start.

TOP FAG; Any Eldar that isn't Dark

MIDDLE FAG: Demon summoning cheese

BOTTOM FAG; Boring "GW handholding" decurion necrons
>>
>>48345745
If someone gets discouraged ONLY by imagined "tier lists" on 4chan then they didn't belong to the hobby to begin with.

Better they find out NOW then after they invest 10000$ into the hobby.

Stop being so offended.
>>
>>48345886
I think someone could, the tricky part is to portray the deamon in a believable way. The story wouldn't have to cover the entire quonquering of the planet, just the creation of the deamon, witches corruption and her starting to take over the world. Somebody wrote a fanfic about the movie 'The Thing' which was the plot of the movie but from the alians perspective. It was a good read and dispite it trying to explains the creatures motives and seem the good guy in his own version i think you can make this work without a 'good guy' excisting on either the protaganist or antaganists side.
>>
>>48344639
demons dont really need it imo your demon princes can do better in combat than a knight
>>
>>48346108
What i envision is that the story would start with the wych being treated very badly in her community. It would lead her to harbour more and more hatfull feelings towards her tormentors. Slowly a bundle of warp energy made of her pure hatred would form. She would eventually be captur by an angry mob and put on a pire. Her hate would be fuelled enough by this point tht t bundle warp energy gains contionce and with her psychic power rips its way into reality, saves her from the pyre and murders her captors. Then they would go on a campaign together to murder more and more bad people wich would under the deamon guidance slowly turn into a wholscale slaughter, murdering everyone indiscriminately. This would al be told from the deamons perspective and his limited underdstanding of the wyches emotions which would make the reader realise the struggle and desire of the wych to help others like her while it would be lost on the main character.
>>
>>48346108

Sounds like you're just advertising your tulpa.
>>
>>48345290
unsheathe my katana
>>
>>48346281
Im just trying to share my view on how such a story could work. And is this nit kinda how deamons could work in 40k? Feel free to corect me if wrong. I'd be happy too if more people would add to this conversation,i wonder how other people view deamons machinations in 40k.
>>
>>48346285
*unsheaths first*
*Teleports behind u *

2 slo.... kid.....
>>
File: 1467112815312.jpg (699KB, 683x935px) Image search: [Google]
1467112815312.jpg
699KB, 683x935px
Ork update when

The game has been stuck in this piece of shit state for over half a year now. Age of the emperor is getting more real by the day
>>
>>48346416
*it was a hologram*
>>
File: anon.jpg (23KB, 535x247px) Image search: [Google]
anon.jpg
23KB, 535x247px
>>48346416
Heh... nice try... kid....
>>
>>48345290
theres a pretty cute black girl at the lfgs HH night who plays a well painted SoH army.

She has a normie boyfriend though
>>
>>48346449
*I had an anti-hologram blade the whole time*
*slashes you 100000 times in one nano-second*
psh..i'm one step ahead.............always........
>>
>>48346632
*it was a hologram sent from the future*
>>
>>48346632
Fool, my chinese manservant brings my disembodied head and ambushes you on your honeymoon.

*Takes over your body*
>>
How many months has it been since tau?

What the fuck are they doing, 40k has almost completely died here
>>
Whatre we expecting from Age of the Emperor?

my guess is
>Fixed to hit and wound rolls
>vehicles changed to wounds
>Terrain rules drastically simplified
>special rules all gone in favor of unit abilities
>>
>>48346772
Orbital lasers
>>
>>48346772
>Whatre we expecting from Age of the Emperor?
It not happening, since GW has explicitly stated they will not do anything like AoS to 40k.
>>
>>48346811
they also said they would never discontinue an army again or get rid of WHFB
>>
>>48346834
And technically speaking, WHFB isn't gone. Like it is or not, AoS is technically a continuation of WHFB.
Moreover, GW has monetary incentive to not do an AoE. AoS has sold horribly, while 40k does not.
Age of the emperor is not happening. Anyone who unironically claims it is is either a fearmonger or someone after some (You)s
>>
>>48346772
Factions folded together like in AoS. Something like the Imperium, the Order Grand Alliance (Eldar, Dark Eldar, Necrons and Tau) and the Chaos Grand Alliance (CSM, Daemons, KDK, Orks.) Tyranids get squatted.
>>
What's the minimum Demon detachment (CAD, Allied, Formation) that would field an effective LoC?

Just a lone LoC with nurglings?
>>
>>48346910
then why have there been no codex or major 40k releases for the better half of a year

Theres obviously something coming that will change the game so much that codecies will be incompatable
>>
>>48346927
>Orks
>Chaos

You just rumbled my johnnys something fierce brother
>>
File: laughing orc.jpg (88KB, 500x332px) Image search: [Google]
laughing orc.jpg
88KB, 500x332px
>>48346811
>>GW has explicitly stated

Oh poor, sweet anon.
>>
>>48345290
>Tfw you're effectively dating that girl.
Granted, she typically runs deldar lists. We mostly play Kill Team anymore.

>>48346772
>>48346811
>>48346910
>>48346947
>>48346927
Rumor mill is that we're supposed to see the announcement of 8ed in October in time for the holiday shopping season.
>>
>>48346986
I really hope orks make it into the new starter
>>
>>48346947
GW actually starts doing more releases when they're about to kill a game or release a new edition. They like to squeeze every last drop of cash out of the old edition until the last possible second.
>>
>>48346995
In a perfect world, 8ed would see Orks and Deldar both get a boost. Chaos needs some love as well.

I'd like to see IG get some decent formations or something akin to chapter tactics so Catachans who are all about guerilla fighting don't play exactly the same as Cadians.
>>
>>48346947
>then why have there been no codex or major 40k releases for the better half of a year
You mean besides CoTW, the FAQs, AoD, confirmation of a new IA, confirmation of CoTW part two later this year, another plastic horus heresey board game, the start collecting boxes, Death from the skies, or the flyer board game?
>Theres obviously something coming that will change the game so much that codecies will be incompatable
Because 7th edition is reaching the end of it's life cycle. We've known this for a while. 8th edition will be released late next year at the earliest, but more likely in 2018. Which is a 4 year life cycle, which is rather standard.

But please, continue to rave about how the sky is falling.
>>
File: 1453098493368.jpg (61KB, 540x429px) Image search: [Google]
1453098493368.jpg
61KB, 540x429px
>>48347053
>Deldar getting a boost
We can only dream, anon.
>>
>>48347060
all of those things are expansions

theyve always released codexes even if a new edition was right around the corner, because they would be compatible

the fact that codexes have stopped in spite of many still being stuck in 6th means they wont be part of the new system
>>
How would you buff Pistols (mostly the upgrades like Plasma, Grav, Hellpistols etc)?

Would an overall points drop be better or would a stat buff be better?
>>
>>48346979
Anon, GW loves money. Everyone knows that.
Age of Sigmar does not make money. BaC has sold better. GW wants money, and 40k makes money. So, GW, loving money, will keep 40k making money (because kirby is not CEO anymlre, and rountree actually has some knowledge on how to run a business), and in doing so, not Age of sigmarify 40k, because that wouldn't make money. And GW, as previously stated, loves money.

Real simple economics.
>>
>>48347126
Just a points drop, they're fine as a concept.
>>
>>48347128
where are the codexes
>>
So got another match in with my Deathwing and was wondering if any Unforgiven are hanging out in the thread.

It was my first time against Tau and after he beat me turn 1 on our first "game" by destroying my Ravenwing Attack Squadrons turn one and thats all I start with on the field.

We were playing 1250 and he had a bunch of suits. None of the Riptides or Storm Surges I ahve seen here but some of the Crisis Suits, Broad Sides ad his Commander. Then he had a formation of Stealth Suits with a Ghost Keel.

We played a second match after that and he still smashed me even though I hid the Ravenwing and brought the Deathwing in turn two but all his shit just jumps away and destroyed me in shooting.

He said if I have more bikes it would have been better. Any Ravenwing players that could atest to this. I know Tau is supposed to be weak in melee but I can assault from Deepstrike and my bikers were able to kill the broad side.
>>
>>48347116
>theyve always released codexes even if a new edition was right around the corner, because they would be compatible
Have you considered that perhaps GW is trying to salvage a sinking ship known as AoS, and that as such they don't have time to release new codexes, which is why that the rumormongers have been saying for some time that this is the summer of AoS?
And that GW also considers 7th edition a lame duck rule set, which is why they've held off on releases, as they DON'T want to end up with the situation some armies have right now, because rountree isn't an utter fucking moron, unlike kirby?
>>
>>48347197
i have seen nothing that leads me to believe GW has that much foresight and consideration
>>
>>48347126

0 points or 5 points, or putting them on units that don't suck ass.

See: Vanguard Veterans. Power weapons went from 15 points to 5 points and are now auto-take across the squad. Assault Marines and VV become playable via first turn deep strike and charge formations.
>>
>>48347177
In limbo. Because GW doesn't care about the armies that need them, because they don't sell as well as armies like marines.

Deldar and SoB took for fucking ever to get updated codexes. Some armies just aren't liked as much by GW compared to other armies
>>
>>48347197
>>48347128
> AoS is losing money!
Are there any actual numbers out there to support this meme? As they are constantly releasing new models for the game. It's hard to believe that a company would continue sinking money into developing a game that's a net loss.
>>
>>48347128
with the generals handbook its taking off in a lot of places that were previously "meh" about it. one of its greatest downfalls was lack of a common structure for easy pickup games, now that's fixed there are a lot more people expressing interest. its not even about balance (which looks to be pretty solid) but the fact you can just say "1k game?" and be on your way to getting dudes on table.
>>
>>48347225
We also haven't seen a new edition be released under rountree.
You're judging GW's actions ny kirby standards. Kirby is no longer in charge, and thus those standards don't apply. Rountree actually plays the game, so judging him by the actions of Tom "The game doesn't matter, we are a models company" Kirby is foolish.
>>
>>48347195
As a pure Ravenwing Fag I am hated by the Tau players in the competetive circle of my LGS. I bring my Deathwing only against lesser codexes or fluffy matches.

Being able to cross the field quickly and actually assaulting turn two is a great way to beat tau, especially with suits. It also doesnt hurt that Ravenwing can block overwatch and in turn overwatch well enough themselves while having a sickening amount of AP2
>>
>>48347239

Yet another reason why across the board pricing doesn't work. A pair of LC for 30 pts is fine on a Chaos Lord, but not on an Aspiring Champ.
>>
File: IMG_0854.jpg (193KB, 921x1200px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0854.jpg
193KB, 921x1200px
>>48343275
relevant to this post:

well, said I'd post pics for the GK knight when the parts were printed and mostly finished, here's first one of the glaive, still needs some smoothing in places before being primed.
>>
>>48347324
What spray primer is that? Looks smooth as fuck. Glaive is bitchin', too.
>>
>>48347195
>Taufag bring OSC and suit spams against a near null deployment played by a new guy

He wrecked you because he was playing a great formation with good units against what I would say is a mid tier army or worse since you are effectively spamming bolters and hoping someone doesnt run from you.
>>
File: IMG_0855.jpg (184KB, 890x1200px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0855.jpg
184KB, 890x1200px
and a better angle of the shield.

printed using ABS filament then scraped down to a smooth finish, the black on the shield is raised edge test marker.
>>
>>48347324
Holy shit that's going to look cool anon. Post updates here.
>>
>>48347264
>Are there any actual numbers out there to support this meme?
Yes. I don't have the article on me right now, but there is an exact statement from a confirmed insider which has said that AoS is performing badly and that BaC even sold more
>It's hard to believe that a company would continue sinking money into developing a game that's a net loss.
Companies do it all the fucking time. Pretty much all of sony is a net loss, Xbox is held up by the rest of Microsoft, google has sunk lots of money into products that failed or are failing (like google plus).
>>
>>48347346
GW chaos black done under good conditions in a spraybox. ideal temp is about ~70-80 deg with 35% humidity, I didn't want to fuck it up at all with how much effort went into magnetizing it, next step once printed parts are primed is to do the leadbelcher/stormhost silver undercoat with an airbrush, then break out the masking tape for the gold.
>>
>>48347382
I've got this Rustoleum primer that looks nice when I sprayed a small bit in my house. But I might end up having to drop some cash on the Chaos Black. Fucking Texas can't stop being humid as fuck and I have no indoor place to do it, either.
>>
>>48347361
give me a few and I'll lay out all the parts and take a shot or two
>>
>>48347430
>Fucking Texas can't stop being humid as fuck and I have no indoor place to do it, either.
As a dallasfag, I have to say that chaos black is definitely worth it for the weather we've been having this summer.
>>
Looking at IG, with the intention of making an Irregulars list. Advice on a good way to (relatively cheaply) pick up a ton of infantry models?
>>
>>48347430
the main problems you'll have with primer is where it either dries while in midair from being too dry and hot, or where its so humid the droplets don't properly disperse. as long as you can get it so neither of those happens, you should be fine.

the first problem is what causes furring/dusting, the second causes spotting. the final problem of thick primercoats is just to make sure you're not fighting wind, don't spray too close (about 7" away is good") and to use short bursts sweeping across your part.
>>
File: king nog.jpg (131KB, 1100x1303px) Image search: [Google]
king nog.jpg
131KB, 1100x1303px
>>48346674
lamo
>>
>>48347456
Fort Worth here. Can't even do it in the mornings.

>>48347467
Yeah, the last time I primed something it was like 80* with 45% humidity. Made my Kabalites DUSTY AS FUCK and had to strip them. A good chunk of the paint didn't even come off.
>>
>>48347240
maybe DE and SoB don't sell well because they never got any support. SoB were an old army that isn't bigger then skitarri and DE were kept in the dark for years until their 5th update. At the least DE probably sold well initially.
>>
File: IMG_0857.jpg (297KB, 1200x900px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0857.jpg
297KB, 1200x900px
one build-a-knight kit, fully magnetized including armor since I'm working on some armor part replacements.
>>
File: N7I4L0F.jpg (467KB, 2448x3264px) Image search: [Google]
N7I4L0F.jpg
467KB, 2448x3264px
>>48347577
Shame, because the DE models are fucking gorgeous, aside from the Archon's stupid "BLEH I'M DRACULA" pose, but I took it upon myself to fix that with pic related.
>>
>>48347577
GW created the DE in 1998 as a super edgy grimdark race to help sell 3rd edition to impressionable 14 year old Korn fans. Ever since then they've just wished they could get rid of them, they're an embarrassment to the brand and the company as a whole.
>>
>>48346942
Go with pink horrors for those sweet psychic dice.
>>
File: Labyrinth_1986_923.jpg (55KB, 768x433px) Image search: [Google]
Labyrinth_1986_923.jpg
55KB, 768x433px
>>48347643
the whole game is made to sell to impressionable 14 year old Korn fans. in the main factions skulls are a common place, marines are turned into soldiers at the age of 12, your common man is going to die a painful death and the man made god king of humanity is half dead. it's a love letter to the 80s, a few spiky elves wouldn't be out of place
>>
>>48347284
We have seen plenty of rule releases under him, and they have done nothing to indicate that he has any more interest than Kirby in fixing the game. The Ork and CSM supplements, Death from the Skies, Angels of Death, etc.
>>
>>48345478

Of course tier lists are for competitive settings you ding dong. That's the only setting tier lists are every composed. How the fuck do you make a tier list for non-competitive games where any codex can be low tier with a deliberately bad list? It's about the potential for game-breaking compositions that makes something high/mid/low tier.
>>
>>48347317

The biggest reason universal wargear price doesn't work is because the prices are too high to begin with. Power fist costs nearly twice as much as the marine holding it and is worth over 4 human soldiers.
>>
>>48348187
>How the fuck do you make a tier list for non-competitive games where any codex can be low tier with a deliberately bad list? It's about the potential for game-breaking compositions that makes something high/mid/low tier.

Instead of having Tier 1, 2, 3, or alphabet, you have "the fuck are you doing faggot" tier, "normal tier", and "only the dead can know peace from this codex" tier.
>>
>>48348245
This. Plus melee wargear is obscenely overcosted relative to melee wargear.
>>
File: Earthshaker_Cannon_Emplacement.jpg (17KB, 564x479px) Image search: [Google]
Earthshaker_Cannon_Emplacement.jpg
17KB, 564x479px
Does anyone know where I can get some decent third party models to proxy for IG artillery pieces? In particular I am looking for Earthshakers and Thudd guns.
>>
>>48348267

Giving the tiers meme names doesn't make a fucking difference. What are you putting into the tiers in regards to casual play? Specific lists? Because any codex can be anything from top to bottom depending on what you take.

Marines with double demi or skyham are faggot tier, but a formationless ASM and termie list will blow dick. Eldar with D/scatbikes will make you roll for anal circumference, but a CC list of Storm Guardians/Spears/Banshees is going to eat shit turn 1. Tau with Riptide spam will cleave your asshole, but a kroot/vespid heavy list is shitty.

That's why codices are only rated for their potential to push shit in and not their potential for... I don't know what do you even rate them by casually? There are no tiers in friendly games, because you're not trying to win.
>>
>>48347600
>>48347349
>>48347324
oh shit, he actually did it and he did it well
>>
>>48347600
The melee weapon looks janky. Should have either added lace bevels or made it a pole rather then that awkward rectangle
>>
>>48348390

See, that's the magic of casual tiering: it works in real time.
>>
>>48348390
You place the army in a tier based on its list not its codex. Fucking simple. You already did it yourself with your example. Your problem is you assumed the tier list had to be by codex only.
>>
>>48348483

So then you have infinitely long tiers with each tier containing dozens of lists from each codex. Have fun tiering that. What do you even call those lists? I was vague as fuck for the sake of brevity with no real detail on what exactly those comps were.
>>
>>48348580

Welcome to casual gaming.
>>
>>48348452
I tired a few different things, ultimately the rectangular bar being used as the body of the halberd/glaive is because of the adaptation of a cut-down reaper chainsword as the midsection. essentially the idea was to replicate a mechanism similar to the BA librarian dread, using that cut-down section as the push/pull mechanism

if you care to draw stuff in paint for illustration I can always take a look and reprint a new bit for a test.
>>
>>48348425
its still not done, have to make the incinerator cannon bits, along with a bunch of armor parts to get where I want, but trying to get the current stuff at least basecoated and washed before an event this weekend
>>
>>48346071

>middle fag
That sounds uncomfortable.
>>
>>48348288
>>48348245
>>48347317

So in the entries for "melee weapons" and "ranged weapons" in any given codex, drop the cost to 5 PPM for power weapons/special pistols.

Then, if they want to create special wargear pricing for HQ or Elite dudes, don't give them access to the generic melee weapons chart, just have them use their own price points.
>>
File: tumblr_mg4gb0gpRp1r2w8qwo6_1280.jpg (548KB, 648x864px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_mg4gb0gpRp1r2w8qwo6_1280.jpg
548KB, 648x864px
>>48348689
Try searching Gold Leaf Patterns or celtic knots and find something that sings to your tastes. Then, have the 3d printer add that patern as an extrusion so you can just keep it blackish gray and then drybrush gold to give it that Grey Knight feel. Also, have you heard acetone vaping? It will give your 3d models a professional finish and give you better surfaces to paint on.
>>
File: 1468532619179.jpg (8KB, 250x250px) Image search: [Google]
1468532619179.jpg
8KB, 250x250px
>tournament coming
>never used war convo before
>just finished painting all my models for it
>2v2 today
>ask my friends if it's okay if I run it since I never have before and want to test it for the upcoming tournament
>they say it's okay
>game is space marines and deldar w/ harlequins vs tyranids and skitmech
>friend playing deldar rage quits by the middle of turn 2, packs up and leaves due to the war convo
>feel really bad throughout turn 1 and 2
>mfw
>>
>>48348991
It's a sign from the emperor anon, your conscience is telling you that you need to stop playing WAAC forever. Winning the first round of a tournament isn't worth losing all of your friends.

You can still turn around, hang up the formations, and only play casual CAD.
>>
>>48348991
>hur dur I think I'll play [super fucking lame OP shit] because I've never played it before
>hur dur why does playing this make me feel like a massive faggot

Anonymous, please explain your thought process and your expectations when you decided to go "hey, I think I'm going to go all in and paint up and play War Convocation". Did you honestly not foresee this?
>>
>>48348980
I'm going to do simple heraldry for the normal shoulders, I'm working on new printed shoulders with raised text like the GK terminator shoulderpads, along with some leg armor that will match
>>
File: 1468243280823 (1).png (421KB, 874x938px) Image search: [Google]
1468243280823 (1).png
421KB, 874x938px
:^) i like space elves
>>
>>48349025
>skitmech
>cad

lel
>>
I was expecting a $400 expense that didn't end up happening, so I've been considering getting into 40k.

Are there any good resources for newbies?

Also, are there any rules I should be aware of regarding having armies with 2 factions? I was considering running Chaos Marines + Admech.
>>
>>48349231
Well technically CSM and Admech ally at the "Come the Apocalypse" level. So you can't deploy within 12" of each other and if you get a unit from each faction within 6" of each other, you need to roll a d6 and there's a 50% chance they get locked in place.

Most opponents probably wouldn't give a shit though, especially if you painted and converted the admech to be Dark Mechanicus.
>>
>>48349231
I believe CSM and Admech are come the apocalypse which means you take some penalties for using them together.
>>
>>48349263
>>48349255
Thanks.

Is there a table with these affinities, so I can take a look for myself at my options?
>>
>>48349294
It's in the rulebook. You can download it from the link in the top post.
>>
>>48349303
I found it via google, but thank you anyway.

Supposing I decide to run Dark Mechanicus + CSM, any ideas for starting army composition? My local game store has a starter box for each (Chaos comes with a squad of marines and an Aspiring Champion and Ad Mech comes with Skitarii squad and a vehicle) and I was considering picking those up to start.

Also, need color scheme recommendations. Something that'll look good for both factions.
>>
>>48349414
>Supposing I decide to run Dark Mechanicus

No such thing.
>>
>>48349414
>even needs to be spoonfed colors for his army

dude just fuck off until you've actually put a modicum of thought into this
>>
>>48349422
>Most opponents probably wouldn't give a shit though, especially if you painted and converted the admech to be Dark Mechanicus.

>>48349429
What is this, /v/? I'm perfectly capable of picking some colors, I'm just asking for suggestions.
>>
>>48349422
>>48349429
>hey guys I was thinking of starting up an army a--
>REEE REEE NORMIES GET OFF MY BOARD NO SPOONFEEDING WE AREN'T HERE TO OFFER ADVICE OR DISCUSSION WE'RE HERE TO SHIT POST

>>48349438

As for an actual answer: Look through the codices (again just pirate the pdf), pick out what units you think are cool, start building an army around them. You'll probably get some color ideas in there too.

Oh and:

https://1d4chan.org/wiki/Warhammer_40,000/Tactics#Looking_for_advice
>>
File: color-spectrum.jpg (30KB, 600x388px) Image search: [Google]
color-spectrum.jpg
30KB, 600x388px
>>48349438

Choose something from this.
>>
>>48349464
Thanks. I'll do some reading.
>>
>>48348991
Both your friend, and you, sound like little bitches. Man the fuck up.
>>
>>48349438
Depends on what CSM legion you're going for. I guess Iron Warriors would be more likely to have rogue admech with them due to their siege warfare obsession. Just pick a legion and paint the admech in colors that fit well.
>>
>>48349414
30k has a decent setup for dark mechanicum

>>48349422
>Not knowing the lore
>Continuing to shitpost about it anyways
>>
>>48347887
You do know that a large Company plans releases months or years in advance right. The dude isn't going to take over and be like oh that shit we already had spent money on and is set to go? Garbage it all mate I got some hella builds.
Fucking idiot
>>
>>48349709
>not having reading comprehension
>posting anyways

The discussion is about gameplay.
>>
>>48349709

Too bad he's playing 40k. Where Dark Mech doesn't exist, moron. I'm glad you're at least spoonfeeding this moron terrible advice, like "sure, build this completely illegal army that most people won't play against". People don't even play against LEGAL armies right now, good luck with your "lol I'm just gonna ignore ally matrix okay"
>>
>>48349709
In all fairness, Dark Mech isn't supported in 40k, and 40k players tend to be autistically slavish in their devotion to GW's shitty rules.
>>
File: 1336375678569.jpg (5KB, 225x225px) Image search: [Google]
1336375678569.jpg
5KB, 225x225px
>>48349911
>>48349923
>playing garbage opponents who are more obsessed wsith winning than having fun vs a fluffy army if its well converted.
>>
>>48349724
Sure, they plan them years advance. They don't print them years in advance. Furthermore, if he can't be held responsible for several month old rules, he sure as shit can't be given credit for the Start Collecting sets.
>>
>>48350008
I would wager that the majority of 40k players would be unwilling to play against Dark Mech armies if they were treating Chaos forces as Butt Buddies.
>>
>>48343777
>This I swear by the honour of my Chapter
>Chapter
>not Legion
Wow, he really is losing his mind.
>>
>>48350024
Where the fuck do you people play? Do you even play?

I play AT A GW STORE and have had no real issues of any sort described by tg shitposter (there's this one knight waacfag guy but everyone avoids his knight army anyways).

There's even a Fallen player that runs with Dangles psychic stuff and no one gives a fuck.
>>
>>48350024
might you be relying on your local meta too heavily? in my area there are two chaos players that use dark mech, and both get games regularly, it helps that the first one is a bro-tier iron warriors player with everything beautifully painted and based, the second I think is an art student because nearly every mechanicus unit has some kind of custom hand-sculpting to it.

basically if its zero-effort grey plastic I wouldn't expect it, but if you take the time and effort to model it and paint it I'm pretty sure most people aren't gonna give two fucks
>>
>>48350069
Chapters are the original, bro. Fuck of with that "legion" fanfiction.
>>
>>48346674

Feels like a Metal Gear Solid story
>>
File: hqdefault.jpg (8KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault.jpg
8KB, 480x360px
>>48349145
>Voltron fanart
>Allura as an eldar autarch
>not sure if stupid or trolling real badly
>>
>>48350172
Oh no! Your current game controller has been disabled, quick plug in your ither controller now!
>>
>>48350215

I don't know if I should feel proud that me as a middle schooler figured that shit out on my own or depressed that the vast majority of people these days would be too fucking stupid to figure it out without the hint.
>>
>From lady atia blog:

>Howdy Guys and Girls

>via a friendly raven ^.^

>"First monthly white dwarf has the new Khârn in it (leaning forward charging).

>Also a campaign type book with new rules for Chaos Space Marines. It's not a new Codex, but does have cool new rules.

>Also included is the new Deathwatch Codex with Artemis Model and the new flyer for them. Looks like a mix between a tau and imperial flyer."

>As always, take it with a tiny bit of salt but that one is usually pretty spot on =)

>Regards,
>Lady Atia
Please be an Angels of Death style Legion's supplement.
>>
>>48350941

She said campaign, not supplement. So at best expect something like Kauyon, at worst expect garbage like the IG or BA one.
>>
>>48351214
It doesn't mention another faction. An entire campaign volume dedicated to CSM could easily contain detachment rules for all 9 Legion's plus some formations.
>>
How many pages of actual rules did Kauyon or Mont'ka have? Assuming 2 pages per Legion, two for the detachment, say six for formations, four for new god artifacts and disciplines, we're at 30 pages.
>>
>>48351554

You don't have to mention another faction, because ALL campaign books, of which we have over half a dozen examples of, have involved more than one faction.
>>
File: 1449265716564.jpg (30KB, 400x602px) Image search: [Google]
1449265716564.jpg
30KB, 400x602px
>>48350941
not sure how to feel about this, but i'm gonna keep building my daemons and maybe pull out my 1k sons
>>
>>48342365
Did it with my Tau as IG stand ins.

I wanted my Tank army, and it was actually spot on WYSIWYG except for the hover tank thing. Got a ton of converted tanks, just nothing useful to use them for.

The only complaints where that I was being a WAAC cunt for running a full armoured parking lot, no one seemed to care that I was using Tau models.
>>
>>48345290
Moonwalk out
Fuck that phase and anyone who likes it
>>
Can you scout move then charge?
I can't find anything in the rulebook that says you can't
>>
>>48351903
Read the Scout special rule again.
>>
>>48351903
>Can you scout move then charge?
No
>I can't find anything in the rulebook that says you can't
Look harder
We had eons worth of threads relating to Blitz Brigade for this very reason.
>>
>>48351923
>>48351918
Thanks
Apparently I'm blind
>>
>>48349231
1d4chan, check out the fluff and the tactics pages for each faction you are considering.
>>
Campaign books CAN actually have different rules for codex/supplement units, yes? If so, we can easily see Legion-specific versions of units much like how Khorne Daemonkin has extra rules and baked in MoK.
>>
>>48351758
Good thing she said it was like a campaign book and not was a campaign book.
>>
File: I_don't_believe_you.png (85KB, 250x235px) Image search: [Google]
I_don't_believe_you.png
85KB, 250x235px
>>48350941
>It's not a new Codex, but does have cool new rules
>cool new rules
>>
>>48351846
>Fuck that phase and anyone who likes it
>Fuck anyone that likes it
That was the plan, but you just walked out on it.
>>
>>48352069
"Chosen Champion"
Any unit with this rule can reroll on the Champions of Chaos table
"Veterans of the Short War"
ATSKNF except when fighting Space Marines
>>
>>48352305
>"Veterans of the Short War"
>Preferred Enemy (Squats)
>>
>>48350941
Wanna bet the Deathwatch part is a million times better than the Chaos Marine part?
>>
>>48352305
12" bubble of Hate
>>
>>48352315
That's way better actually
>>
>>48352057

You'd think if it were a supplement she'd have said so.
>>
>>48352360
You'd think if it were an actual campaign book she'd have said so
>>
>>48347366
>Confirmed insider

So you have no proof.
>>
>>48340888
The Warp that the Imperium relies so heavily on for travel doesn't extend past the Milky Way. Also, every ship they send out into the great dark vanishes, or the crew goes mad, or both. They also sent a probe out 14,000 years ago that they still monitor, and so far they haven't received anything promising.
>>
>>48340790
>Novels (Working link as of 02/02/2016)
>https://mega.nz/#F!wx4BiKhD!YhnAf1BqSmAB8dO6xDM56Q

five gigabytes worth of novels...can I finish this in three weeks?

is there any order?
>>
>>48352451
>Extra-Galactic Orks

That's retarded. You are a retard.

I am not a mathematician but I would know that a sub-light probe will not exist the galaxy, let alone travel to another galaxy, in 10K years.

Why are Orkfans such retards?

>The Warp that the Imperium relies so heavily on for travel doesn't extend past the Milky Way

Fuck off, retard. There is Warp outside the galaxy. The Hivemind proves this.
>>
>>48352577
exit the galaxy*
>>
>>48345362
I love it!
I imagine the orks are summoning them by accident.
"The waaaagh the merrier"
>>
On the subject of Orkfags, remember when they claimed that the Beast head was the size of a hab block and his body was the size of titan?

Turns out he is just 10 meters tall. I believe that's the size Ghaz, right?

Of all the fanbases I had the displeasure of rubbing shoulders with. the Orkfans/players/fags have to be the most toddler-like. A final solution must be found for them now!
>>
>>48352619
The veast has already appeared in tge books in person? Did he do some cool BBEG shit and did he have a swag posse?
>>
>>48352639
He beat on Vulkan.
>>
>>48352639
Yes, he fights Vulkan. I can post the fight bit if you want.
>>
>>48352646
What? He beat up a primarch? What happened to vulkan? This book series gets more unbelievable by the book. I mean this would put yarrick on par with a primarch in level of power, wtf?
>>
File: Vulkan vs the Beast.png (379KB, 5112x680px) Image search: [Google]
Vulkan vs the Beast.png
379KB, 5112x680px
>>48352659
Read.
>>
>>48352649
Yes please. Im very interested how n ork warboss beat a primarch.
>>
File: Beast vs Vulkan 2.png (366KB, 5112x680px) Image search: [Google]
Beast vs Vulkan 2.png
366KB, 5112x680px
>>48352665
>>
File: Capture.png (16KB, 669x220px) Image search: [Google]
Capture.png
16KB, 669x220px
>>48352577
>a probe built in the dark age of mankind can't do whatever it wants
You do realize that's the same age where a ship shot at an eldar ship, missed because of the far seers looking into the future, and then rewound time so that the eldar ship would still be in the path of its weapon?

>There is Warp outside the galaxy. The Hivemind proves this.
How does the Hivemind prove that? They are innately psychic, yet they cannot harness or use the warp at all. At best, their immense psychic presence leaves a "shadow" on the warp.

Why so defensive? You used "retard" four times in nearly as many sentences. At least I posted a source, scrub.
>>
>>48352670
Is it me or does the Beast speak too eloquently for an Ork.

Makes me think that somebody is controlling him.
>>
>>48352738
>You do realize that's the same age where a ship shot at an eldar ship, missed because of the far seers looking into the future, and then rewound time so that the eldar ship would still be in the path of its weapon?

Irrelevant and doesn't address anything. The event you are describing happened in 999 41K and the Tech Priests aboard the ship had no idea that the ship can do that. The AI on the ship did that on its own.

Second, the probe is sub-light.

>How does the Hivemind prove that?

This is why you are retard and illiterate as well.

It says they don't draw on in any unfathomable way which means they draw on the Warp in unconventional via the Hivemind.

The fact Hivemind is IN THE WARP and interacted with the Chaos Gods and Emperor should be proof enough.
>>
>>48352816
in an unconventional way*
>>
>>48352670
This is the worst anime I've ever read.
>>
>>48352829
If you want some proper anime, head over to AoS.

They got top notch anime.
>>
>>48352670
Thanks for posting this. I read about the beast a long time ago and was excited when they finally announced some books covering him. It just seems that big projects are not black libraries strong suit when it comes to quality of writing, bar the few really good books in the HH series.
>>
>>48352816
>Second, the probe is sub-light.
How do you know that? It is clearly implying the probe is outside of the galaxy - unless you actually think it's purpose is to say they are using a 14,000 year old probe to listen to places they can get to in a few months of warp travel?

>It says they don't draw on in any unfathomable way which means they draw on the Warp in unconventional via the Hivemind.
That is a speculation, not a conclusion. It can just as easily be argued that the hivemind is such a powerful culmination of psychic force that it functions as its own warp, which is why nids can draw directly from it and not the warp itself. Emotion and soul have their place in the warp, and the nids lack both. As for interacting with emps and the chaos gods, that's just a matter of psychic communication. Emps can just as easily be reached by a psychic in real-space, as seen when the eldar sent a shadowseer directly into the Imperial Palace to speak to him.

You are so full of yourself it is barely worth replying to your hot opinions.
>>
>>48352816
>The event you are describing happened in 999 41K and the Tech Priests aboard the ship had no idea that the ship can do that. The AI on the ship did that on its own.
That's because it possesses a fully functional STC, which is an example of dark age tech. There is no reason a probe from that era - one meant to explore the entire universe - would be any less technologically advanced or capable.
>>
>>48352739
That would be a preatty interesting plot twist if it haddend been done so may times before. How many ork invasions were helped along by chaos? Thrn all the sudden hurr durr the orks are only the beginning, chaos is the real bad guys.
>>
>>48352850
>How do you know that? It is clearly implying the probe is outside of the galaxy - unless you actually think it's purpose is to say they are using a 14,000 year old probe to listen to places they can get to in a few months of warp travel?

No, it doesn't.You are inferring this due to your fanbyism.

How do I know? No Navigator which means no warp travel.

>That is a speculation, not a conclusion.

Wrong, stop being moronic. That's walk you throw this.

The Hivemind is described by the Eldar as the Oversoul of the Tyranids. It's massive thread of fate that links the Tyranids together. Again it's IN THE WARP. Psykers can see IN THE WARP. GODS have interected with it IN THE WARP.

Also the 5th ED Tyranid dex despite saying what's in this (>>48352738) states that Tyranids draw upon the warp via the Hivemind.

As for emotion? The Tyranid Hivemind showed emotion a plenty when it raged at the Eldar characters and personally threatened Iyanna.
>>
>>48352872
>There is no reason a probe from that era - one meant to explore the entire universe - would be any less technologically advanced or capable.

We got every reason since without a living navigator that probe isn't going anywhere.

And text says Tech Priests of that time. Tech priests implies that this happened way after the DAoT was over and way into the age of technological regression and barbarism
>>
>>48352816

>Twisting this hard

It doesn't say it draws on the warp in an unconventional way. It says it doesn't draw from the warp in any fathomable way. He proved you wrong. Suck it down.
>>
File: Zoan.jpg (625KB, 1168x1618px) Image search: [Google]
Zoan.jpg
625KB, 1168x1618px
>>48352945
Nope, eat a bag of dicks.
5E:
>With one set of cerebral triggers, the Zoanthrope can generate a potent Warp Field to preserve itself from harm.

>Despite their instinctive command over their otherworldly abilities, tapping into the power of the Warp is not without danger.

>Each Zoanthrope's first priority is to ensure its own survival, a task it achieves by eliminating any perceived threat with bolts of coruscating Warp fire.
>>
File: Necrontyr had cyclopean guys too.jpg (463KB, 1936x1637px) Image search: [Google]
Necrontyr had cyclopean guys too.jpg
463KB, 1936x1637px
>>48340790
>Arguing with Carnac's headcanon
TODAY I WILL REMIND THEM
>>
>>48352955
Also the BRB states that ALL psychic power comes (enter drum roll)....the WARP!

There is no wiggle room here.
>>
>>48352918
You don't need a navigator to warp travel, just to end up where you want to go.
>>
>>48352963
>Headcanon

Post proofs, anon. I posted mine.
>>
>>48352974
The BFG Tau rulebook states that without psychic help or Navigators, there is no force that can break the barriers between the Warp and reality.

At best you can do what the Tau did and skim in the void between reality and the Warp. Short jumps which means slow speeds
>>
>>48352903
>How do I know? No Navigator which means no warp travel.
>We got every reason since without a living navigator that probe isn't going anywhere.
That still doesn't mean they couldn't have taken the probe from terra to the edge of the galaxy and then released it. That also doesn't account for the ridiculous, deus ex machina shennigans of the dark age - especially something from the very end of the dark age, where humanity proved masters of controlling time.

Again, do you really think that the point of that passage was "humans, at the very peak of their technology, on a quest to explore the entire universe, sent out a probe at sub-light speed, where it would putter on for tens of thousands of years before even reaching the beginning of unexplored space"? Is that honestly what you think that passage is trying to say?

>Also the 5th ED
That's 5E. My pic was 7E. You know what else that 5E codex says? That the nids don't have emotions or even rational thought.

>Psykers can see IN THE WARP.
>GODS have interected with it IN THE WARP.
Both of those statements directly contradict "The Shadow In the Warp" phenomena.
>>
>>48352966

>Using general BRB rules as the basis of fluff

That's a whole new level of desperation.

>There is no wiggle room here.

You're right. It says unequivocally they don't draw powers from the warp, but from the hive mind instead.
>>
>>48352975
Provide proof that the Necrontyr had cyclops.
>>
>>48352955
>5E
>5E
Well, 7E says "but rather"

>>48352966
And codex trumps BRB. More news at 11.
>>
>>48352985
You can use warp rifts like orks do.
>>
>>48352955

>I'll counter 7th ed fluff with 5th ed fluff

That's not how it works. Other way round if anything.
>>
>>48352987
>That still doesn't mean they couldn't have taken the probe from terra to the edge of the galaxy and then released it. That also doesn't account for the ridiculous, deus ex machina shennigans of the dark age - especially something from the very end of the dark age, where humanity proved masters of controlling time.

No, humans weren't the masters of time. Simple time manipulation in a localized area by less than seconds means nothing.

Also Tech Priests built and launched sent it out from Terra. Stop throwing your headcanon around.

>That's 5E. My pic was 7E. You know what else that 5E codex says? That the nids don't have emotions or even rational thought.

It's copypasted from the 5th ED codex which says that Tyranid psychis do (>>48352955)

And Tyranids don't. the Hivemind does.

>Both of those statements directly contradict "The Shadow In the Warp" phenomena.

No, they don'rt. Iyanna saw the Hivemind sneaking in the Warp.

And Slaanesh and the Emperor chased off the Hivemind.
>>
File: Khorne and Orks.jpg (26KB, 492x70px) Image search: [Google]
Khorne and Orks.jpg
26KB, 492x70px
>>48340790
Reminder that orks are straight up mutating khorne without even trying nor having any interest in him. How can the chaos gods be this pathetic?
>>
>>48352996
>That's a whole new level of desperation.

The main rulebook has fluff, you idiot.

>You're right. It says unequivocally they don't draw powers from the warp, but from the hive mind instead.

So does the 5th ED codex but you can see them drawing from the Warp here >>48352955. Which means that they do infact draw from the Warp but via the Hivemind.

>>48352998
Crypteks.

>>48352999
>And codex trumps BRB. More news at 11.

lol no.
>>
post heresy
>>
>>48352985
That has actaully been retconned. Tau now use close to light speed and stay in cryo-sleep while travelling. This is possibke because their empire is a very dense cluster of stars. I don't know exactly where i read this but i believ it was the 6E codex, 5E still supported warp skimming.
>>
>>48353007
There hasn't been a retcon. The fluff is the same in both books.

Both state that the Tyranids do not use the Warp in any fathomable way but both have them tapping into the Warp and using Warp powers like Warp shield and Warp lance.
>>
File: Capture.png (49KB, 892x440px) Image search: [Google]
Capture.png
49KB, 892x440px
>>48353020
Stop ignoring the bulk of it - What do you honestly think that passage is trying to say? Why mention explore the universe if it's still in the galaxy? Why bring up the dismay of ork signals if it's still in close, known space? The suggestion of the passage is nothing less than obvious, and you are being so willfully ignorant for what purpose? To call me a retard at your own expense?

>It's copypasted from the 5th ED codex
I took a literal screenshot of the 7E codex. What are you even trying to say? Clearly, GW is trying to retcon the matter. I can pull up books talking about oldcrons that completely defy newcrons, but that doesn't mean they are still canon.
>>
>>48353051
That's why I say the "Tau did". Though, it might have been retconned back in in a recent-ish WD.
>>
>>48353037

I've never seen a more deluded poster. The fluff outright makes a distinction between drawing from the warp and drawing from the hivemind and you are still falling over yourself running to BRBs and generic psychic power names in a bid to make that sentence mean the opposite of what it unambiguously says. No one agrees with you. Go to bed. The hivemind is not in the warp. It goes out of its way to make this distinction. General rulebook brb doesn't take precedence over such a specific and direct address over where Nid powers come from.
>>
File: cryptek.jpg (52KB, 400x560px) Image search: [Google]
cryptek.jpg
52KB, 400x560px
>>48353037
>Crypteks.
You mean the crab people?
>>
File: Capture.png (96KB, 886x561px) Image search: [Google]
Capture.png
96KB, 886x561px
>>48353037
Actually, you twit, notice how in 7E they completely replaced all instances of "warp" with "hivemind."

It's a clear retcon.
>>
>>48353060
>Stop ignoring the bulk of it - What do you honestly think that passage is trying to say? Why mention explore the universe if it's still in the galaxy? Why bring up the dismay of ork signals if it's still in close, known space? The suggestion of the passage is nothing less than obvious, and you are being so willfully ignorant for what purpose? To call me a retard at your own expense?

Stop ignoring logic. The probe was sent out from Terra with no possible way for it Warp travel. So it's impossible for it have got outside the galaxy.

The whole point of that fluff piece is to show how widespread are the Orks, nothing more. It's not a statement about what's outside the galaxy. There is a lot of space, even within, the Imperium that has not been explored

>I took a literal screenshot of the 7E codex. What are you even trying to say?

That this senescence is present in the 5th ED Tyranid codex word for word and yet see >>48352955

Which means you are full of shit and I am right.
>>
File: Imperetus Sippy Cupia.png (174KB, 510x546px) Image search: [Google]
Imperetus Sippy Cupia.png
174KB, 510x546px
>>48353070

Ha, well spotted! Looking forward to how he tries to wriggle out of that one.
>>
>>48353060
>Warp Lance
>Warp Field
>Shadow in the Warp
>Explicitly mentioning Psykers (not "something like Psykers")
>Absolutely nothing suggesting that the Hive Mind couldn't just process the Warp-energy and feed it to its Psykers
>Not noticing the parallels with the whole "Ork Weirdboyz don't use the Warp, they use the WAAAGH!, despite Gork and Mork being Warp-Gods"

There's no hard-case evidence for either, but denying that the Hivemind isn't a Warp entity is literally grasping at the straw of one non-definitive paragraph while everything else implies Warp-presence.
>>
>>48353070
Notice that Warp Shield and Lance are still in.

Also there is a relic in the shield of Baal book that mimics the mental frequency of Zoans which allows psychis using it to access the Warp without the interference of the Shadow in the Warp.
>>
>>48353085
>no possible way for it Warp travel
The paragraph has no proof for or against that, keep building your headcanon up though. Plus warp rifts exist.
>>
>>48352985
>>48353000
And looking further, imperial ships are quite capable of using their warp drives without a navigator.
>>
File: 1280427550863.jpg (18KB, 282x415px) Image search: [Google]
1280427550863.jpg
18KB, 282x415px
>>48353085

>That this senescence is present in the 5th ED Tyranid codex word for word

Why must you turn this thread into a house of lies anon? (>>48353070)
>>
>>48353067
>The fluff outright makes a distinction between drawing from the warp and drawing from the hivemind and you are still falling over yourself running to BRBs and generic psychic power names in a bid to make that sentence mean the opposite of what it unambiguously says.

The fluff section in the BRB says so and it's valid as any codex.

And lets not forget that described of the Tyranid psychic abilities in 7th ED codex still says that use warp energy to shield themselves and etc.

>The hivemind is not in the warp.

Bullshit.

Once again,, I say it can be seen in the Warp and gods have interacted with it. How can you explain that?
>>
>>48353096

It literally spells it out for you that things like perils of the "warp" are abstractions of hive mind shenanigans for the sake of rules. It makes a clear distinction between drawing from the warp and drawing from the hivemind. There's only so many times we can point you to where it says this.
>>
>>48353106
>>48353111
>let's build a probe on terra without any warp travel capabilities with the purpose of traversing unknown space
>terra, aka the middle of known space
Not even the Imperium is that retarded.
>>
>>48353106
>he paragraph has no proof for or against that

Tau BFG.

Without no Navigator or psychic help, there is no way.
>>
>>48353125
Fresh Bread
>>48353125
New Thread
>>48353125
Threw Nead
>>
>>48353128
Irrelevant.

The Hivemind in still a warp entity. It just uses an alien way in using the Warp.
>>
>>48353128
>Abstractions of Hive Mind shenanigans

You mean like the Perils of the WAAAGH! for Orkz, having a clear distinction despite Gork and Mork explicitly being Warp Gods?

>>48353128
> It makes a clear distinction between drawing from the warp and drawing from the hivemind.

You mean like Orkz specifically drawing from the WAAAGH!, despite Gork and Mork also being Warp-Gods?

The distinction proves nothing, while there are implications everywhere that the Tyranids have a Warp-presence, are explicitly psychically active (literally never has psychic been used in a non-Warp term), such as interaction with the Warp, its Gods, abilities that entirely resemble Warp-powers and the like.
>>
>>48353068
Szeras is unique in his body modifying ways.
>>
>>48353122
>How can you explain that?

With the bit that says in no uncertain terms that drawing from the hivemind is an entirely different thing than drawing from the warp and that nids don't use the warp. You've been floundering for a while now. Watching you slowly get BTFO and get caught on bullshitting has been fun though.

>I know, I'll insist the 5th edition was copy pasta'd
>They'll never know!
>>
>>48353150
You

see

>>48353146

I am not anon but he responded to you very well.

And the 5th ED has been copypasted look at the 5th Ed tyranid psychics powers section.
>>
>>48353036
If khorn draws too heavily from the Orks do his bloodletters become I2?
>>
File: pulse-people-laughing3.jpg (37KB, 780x433px) Image search: [Google]
pulse-people-laughing3.jpg
37KB, 780x433px
>>48353036
>Orks
>Not the most Slaaneshi creatures in the Galaxy
>>
>>48353165
Also I like the fact that you ignored the fact that Hivemind being in the Warp and Gods petting it and just tried to deflect it each time.

There is no refuting it it seems.
>>
>>48353146

>Codex outright states references to warp represents the hivemind instead, but function the same for rules purposes
>Better ignore that and talk about a completely different faction instead!

Does it say the orks don't draw from the warp like it says with the nids?

>never has psychic been used in a non-Warp term
>"a Perils if the Warp attack they suffer instead represents massive cerbral trauma or synaptic feedback. Tyranid Psykers use the Powers of the Hive Mind, which is treated as a psychic discipline for all rules purposes."
>>
>>48353165
>5th ED has been copypasted
>All references to warp replaced with Hive mind
>Having to outright lie to save face

BTFO
T
F
O
>>
File: Capture.png (119KB, 1301x420px) Image search: [Google]
Capture.png
119KB, 1301x420px
>>48353104
Those are just names for those abilities. And the hood has no particular application in this discussion. The Shadows in the Warp is a side-effect of the psychic potential of the hivemind, and the hood can prevent the side-effect.

>>48353096
I think you are missing the distinction between "psychic" and "warp presence." Wierdboyz use the build up of psychic energies from the other boyz, yes, and this is explicitly stated as actually defending them against warp manipulations (as opposed to more susceptible, as is the case for humans/eldar). They use the words "warp blast" and "warp field," then describe them (as in the Shield of Baal book the other anon made me go through) as pure psychic force, not as warpstuff.

Obviously, nids have a presence in the warp. It's called the Shadow In The Warp, and it generally fucks up everything that uses the warp. They are collectively psychic. That doesn't make them "warp entities." Hell, psychers and orks, while psychic, aren't "warp entities" either.
>>
>>48352903
Who cares about the 5th Ed codex? If it does say in the most recent Tyranid Codex they draw upon their own warp-like thing. Also don't know why you're bitching about Ork fanboyism, God knows they need support, plus if it says that in the lore (don't know where >>48352451 's picture is from though) then it's in the lore. Conversation over.
>>
>>48353146
>Perils of the WAAAGH! for Orkz, having a clear distinction despite Gork and Mork explicitly being Warp Gods?
Gork and Mork have no significance regarding ork psychic powers. In fact, it's described that the brainboyz are responsible for the rare few that can harness it.

Orkz can interact with the warp. They have souls, and Gork and Mork are a product of them. Their psychic ability actually protects them from the warp, unlike the other races. They are an exception to the rule, like nids, but in a different way that isn't wholesomely interchangable.
>>
>>48353222
>(don't know where >>48352451(You) 's picture is from though)
Filename, m8.
>>
File: Capture.png (38KB, 678x204px) Image search: [Google]
Capture.png
38KB, 678x204px
>>48353096
I'm >>48353217 and >>48353234. I don't know much about orks so I took another look at 7E. They don't seem to distinguish waaagh energies and the warp like the nids do. They are even able to use regular psycher powers like daemonology, unlike the nids, although it's clear they don't have much control over what's happening.

Again, while something "different" from the usual psykers, I believe they are not interchangeable with nids.
>>
>>48346772
I doubt it will be that drastic, put me down for.
>AP getting replaced with AoS style rend. (With a reinforced special rule that reduces rend so as not to invalidate SM armys completely.)
>Alliance and Keywords replacing the current Codex system, not necessarily the same everyone's in one of the Grand Alliances and only one (I would have no problem with CSM being both Chaos and Destruction as Orks, Deldar and CSM could all work together to destroy stuff).
>Something to replace the CAD, possibly "For each Troops/Core/Battle Line you can take 2 additional units, no unit type can outnumber Troops.
>Return of the Primarchs.
>Some type of limit on Super Heaves.
>>
>>48353240
Oh, nvm. Too dumb to notice.

>>48353146
You are wrong. They have proven you wrong with in-context evidence that proves beyond a REASONABLE doubt (your doubts being the opposite of that) that Tyranids specifically and intentionally draw psychic powers from the Hivemind, not the warp. Additionally, the original image/text that started this whole debate is evidence enough to disprove you. It says it's beyond the Galaxy, and that it found Orks. If it wasn't outside the Galaxy, who cares, and if it didn't find Orks, it wouldn't mention Orks. Excellent debating in spite of old and floppy proof, and all around good work. But you're wrong, so shut up now.
>>
>>48353197
I have no idea what you are talking about. I am saying the line that comes with "unfathomable" was copypasted from the previous codex. I a, back so I can actually post stuff from the books.
>>
>>48353335
>They have proven you wrong with in-context evidence that proves beyond a REASONABLE doubt (your doubts being the opposite of that) that Tyranids specifically and intentionally draw psychic powers from the Hivemind, not the warp

Yeah, and multiple times I stated (you're making the mistake of thinking it was only one person arguing this) that there is nothing suggesting that the Tyranid Hivemind might not just be supplying its Psykers with Warp-energy, a reasonable middle-ground that explains the Shadow in the Warp, interaction with the Warp-Gods and Psykers (suggesting some form of presence within the Immaterium).

As for the whole other Galaxy thing? Yeah, I was never the one arguing against that in the first place.
>>
>>48353335
>It says it's beyond the Galaxy, and that it found Orks. If it wasn't outside the Galaxy, who cares, and if it didn't find Orks, it wouldn't mention Orks. Excellent debating in spite of old and floppy proof, and all around good work. But you're wrong, so shut up now.

Nope.

It doesn't say it's outside the galaxy. Read it again.
>>
>>48353365
>interaction with the Warp-Gods and Psykers
Do you mind posting them, or posting the source of them, so I can look at the exact interactions themselves?
>>
File: Soullessness and null fields.png (570KB, 589x581px) Image search: [Google]
Soullessness and null fields.png
570KB, 589x581px
>>48353365
To add to your post, anon...

Null Fields which calm the Warp to a stand still wreaks havoc on the Tyranid psychics and disturbs the Hivemind.

Also the Soullessness of the Necrons (them not registering in the Warp) as well as Null humans, unsettles the Hivemind.

Why would a non-warp based enity be hurt or unsettled by things created to mess around with the Warp if it isn't in the WARP.
>>
>>48353394
Valedor by Guy Haley. Slaanesh slaps the Hivemind aside to descend upon the planet and devour the souls of the Eldar.

The short story "Shadow of Leviathan", the Golden Light of Terra smashes into the Hivemind and burns it causing it to flee.

Here is a bonus. Iyanna in "Wraithflight" says that if the Tyranid hivemind is tame, it might be powerful enough to fight and maybe defeat Slanesh.
>>
>>48353365
You are still wrong then, perhaps you just misunderstood what they were saying, so let me sum it up as best I can;

>all nids interact with weird thing called Hivemind.
>The collective Hivemind is able to manifest powers and actions due to innate Gestalt Field produced by nids
>not exactly a gestalt field though, as it pertains to reality and not the warp.
>however, the sheer amount of base instincts- not even emotions, just desires to hunt, feed, etc., all nods have connects through the Hivemind to form a "shadow" in the warp
>not a living presence because it lacks full emotion and a soul, but in this case quantity over quality.
>so for gameplay purposes connecting to current lore, nids use powers summoned by the collective Hivemind that just function like Psykers because a whole new classification and phase would be annoying as fuck.

Please anon, stop now. You have a chance to not look like a retard. Just admit you misunderstood.
>>
>>48353367
Jesus Fucking Christ anon, this has to be b8 for you to be this dense. It says they sent it out of the Galaxy. No reason to believe that was wrong. It detects Orks. The tone of the passage is lament that enemies are everywhere, even outside the Galaxy.

Seriously, are you trying to be an idiot? If it didn't leave the Galaxy, the whole "Orks are everywhere, even beyond the Milky Way" thing would be pointless, and the passage wouldn't have been included. Now cut the shit out now and read the fucking context clues
>>
>>48353423
No, he is right. You are wrong.

Anti-Warp weapons fuck up the Hiveminds the same as any warp thing. Warp Gods screw with it and chase it away.

There Hivemind is in the Warp. It's not a unique special reality based thing. It's a warp entity that feeds its nids warp energy through it.
>>
File: Capture.png (41KB, 665x429px) Image search: [Google]
Capture.png
41KB, 665x429px
>>48353397
>To add to your post, anon...
Crap, how old are you, m8?

Anyways, things that work against psykers work against nids, because nids are also psychic and rely on psychic powers. That has never been in question. Remember that even tau feel unsettled by the presence of nulls (the culexus assassin short story), and they also have less warp presence than necrons. Also, the hood relic from before seems to have relevance here. Read >>48353217, from Shield of Baal.

Also, Geedubs is really careful to never describe the hive mind in any warp-related terms - just psychic.

>>48353442
Rebuttal - anti-psychic weapons fuck up the psychic hive mind. That has never been in question. It's proving the connection between their psychic ability and The Warp that is in question.
>>
>>48353441
Read it here >>48352451

Where does it say it was sent out out of the galaxy? Nowhere.

Where does it say it made out of the galaxy? Nowhere.

Learn to read.
>>
>>48353458
>Anyways, things that work against psykers work against nids, because nids are also psychic and rely on psychic powers.

Because they are connected to the Warp. That's how things that calm the Warp affects them.

>Remember that even tau feel unsettled by the presence of nulls (the culexus assassin short story), and they also have less warp presence than necrons.

What does that have to do with anything? The Tau have a tiny WARP presence. That's why they are affected.

>Also, Geedubs is really careful to never describe the hive mind in any warp-related terms - just psychic.

Warp Shield and Warp Lance/.
>>
>>48353467
"Faint signals" is a pretty heavy implication that it is very, very far away. Outside of where tech-priests can monitor it. It's weird that you think it is in the galaxy still, though. It says "sent out," not "launched from," so they could have gone anywhere before launching it.

Your whole argument seems to be "it couldn't get that far," when everything about the short is spoken under the understanding that it has already left the galaxy. Sure, GW isn't the most clever when it comes to science, but the intention of the snippet is clear. Also, it is the precursor to explaining the orks presence by their teleporters.

Look at this version of it. The "still hasn't begun returning" makes it VERY obvious that it is outside the galaxy. They would have stated, "hope it'll return, but lol it hasn't even left yet."
>>
>>48353458
>It's proving the connection between their psychic ability and The Warp that is in question.

And, let's be honest, GW in general hasn't really been clear on the answer to the question, I have a feeling most of the writers themselves make similar mistakes to the fandom (the sheer inconsistency of things is a testament to how little they've got the lore on lockdown.)

I could see it portrayed either way, but I find such little reference to the Hivemind being distinct from the Warp in the general scheme of all lore, alongside so much evidence of it possessing a presence in the Warp that I'd prefer to err on the side of Warp-psychic Tyranids.
>>
>>48353487
>WARP BLAST

>The Tyranid taps into the raw power of the Hive Mind, unleashing it as a blast of pure Warp energy that arcs from its cranium and vaporises its prey.

Here is the description of Warp Blast from the 7th ED Nid codex. now where did that Tyranid get that pure Warp energy? From the Hivemind which feed it Warp energy to channel.
>>
>>48353505
I'll respond to you, since you seem more reasonable. I agree with you. It is definitely inconsistent. But the most telling thing is that back in 5E, nids were described as using the warp via the hivemind, yet in 7E the same passages were updated to remove the "warp" mentions and replace them with "hive mind psychic potential" or similar terms.

I'd bet some serious money on the idea being, "We want the nids to be more alien, so they won't use the warp to do psychic things," and they pushed the idea in 7E without anything to really back it up. The intro in >>48353060 is very clear, the zonthrope change in >>48353070 from the old >>48352955 is clear, and yet they still use words like "warp fields of raw psychic energy" and "warp blasts" in their psychic abilities to really muddle it up.
>>
>>48353502
Again. Nowhere is it stated that it left the galaxy which you adamantly insist on.

It says sent out to voyage meaning it was launched from Terra. Also dude look at the text in the picture. Its purpose was circumventing the GALAXY. The galaxy is a big place filed with danger so faint signals doesn't mean it went outside of it when it wasn't its purpose even.
>>
>>48353547
>I'll respond to you, since you seem more reasonable. I agree with you. It is definitely inconsistent. But the most telling thing is that back in 5E, nids were described as using the warp via the hivemind, yet in 7E the same passages were updated to remove the "warp" mentions and replace them with "hive mind psychic potential" or similar terms.

You missed one. >>48353527

The raw power of the Hivemind translated into pure warp energy. What does that tell you?
>>
>>48353556
It doesn't say "launched, dweeb. It says "sent." Also, yeah, I posted the wrong one. In 1E, they said universe. In 2E, they scaled it back to galaxy. Then in 4E, they switched it back (and stuck with) universe.

This is the one I meant to post.
>>
>>48353573
I didn't miss that. Read the rest of the post, nitwit.
>>
>>48353556
So instead of leaving the Galaxy and detecting Orks far beyond, it's more logical to you that it never left the Galaxy and just heard Orks, and that GW put that passage in- even calling it beyond the Galaxy- but really meant it was still in the Galaxy?
>>
>>48353577
It says sent out which means launched.

And circumventing universe with no Navigator to even reach FTL levels? Calculate how much time needed to reach the border of the galaxy from Terra with FTL.
Thread posts: 440
Thread images: 49

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.