[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Jumpchain CYOA Thread #959: Deep Love Edition

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 561
Thread images: 56

File: 1466961775685.pdf (1B, 486x500px)
1466961775685.pdf
1B, 486x500px
>Google Drive
https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0B20r6rsFLOg_Zk5RdVdya3hJNnc&usp=sharing

>Jumpchain IRC Chat
http://client00.chat.mibbit.com/?server=rizon.mibbit.org&channel=%23JumpchainCYOA
https://kiwiirc.com/client/irc.rizon.net/?#JumpchainCYOA

>Rules
http://pastebin.com/Gqj3iKyn

>How to Jumpchain
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B1qb0_OLhDrDNjZmRG02SDFaRVk/view

>Last Thread
>>48311258
>>
Can we use the companion options in Overlord MMO to pick someone from in setting?
>>
>>48319665
video related?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xkrr0guu9cA
>>
>>48319683
Generally unless it says you can you can't.
>>
>>48318988
I remember that discussion, it was a conversation about how to circumvent the companion limit. Dirge had that Aether cage thing and another anon had a collective consciousness where all his companions were shards that could be reabsorbed or released at a moments notice.
>>
I have a stupid question - anyone know if in the SCP jump, you have to be an SCP to take the SCP perks?

The jump doesn't say so, so I'm assuming it's kosher.
>>
>>48319683
Both options are "build a companion," so I'm going off the assumption at most you could make an expy, but not take the real deal.
>>
>>48319781
Don't think you have to be a SCP just to take the perks, no. You'd probably be like one of the weird researchers, or just have the Foundation not knowing of your anomalous properties.
>>
>>48319683
You could make a good likeness but probably not the real thing.
>>
Is the DS Anon around?

Got a thing that needs clarifying
>>
>>48319811
You could post that thing in the same post you ask if he's around.

Much more likely to get an answer.
>>
File: kuroglare.png (60KB, 704x478px) Image search: [Google]
kuroglare.png
60KB, 704x478px
>>48319750
I must say I don't remember this at all, it sounds quite interesting though. As far as I knew Dirge just stacked lots and lots of perks for summoning things and spec'd in it whenever possible.

>>48319787
...huh. The idea of an expy sounds pretty ironic as a PC's choice given how Albedo ended up going full yandere because Momonga tampered her code.

"Hi, anon! I'm Alsanna the Delightful Terror, how may I serve you tod-"
"-wrong voice"
"P-pardon?"
"Your voice. It doesn't sound like her's at all. Ugh, this is the last time I dump so much CP for one of the Benefactor's knockoffs"
"Who's she?! Grrr, if some harlot thinks she can take you away from me anon-"
"-and you're not even ACTING like her when she jealous. God, just. Just stop. Just stop DOING things. Everything you do is like someone doing a shitty caricature of best girl"
"I'm sorry! I...I don't know what I'm doing wrong! Anon please, I just want to make you happy, why are you so angry and disappointed?"
"See, that's the problem right there. If you were made RIGHT, you'd be trying to please me regardless instead of angsting about it"

And then OC Donut Steel-chan tried to slit her wrists futilely, finally overcoming her absurd innate regen skills with the help of a World Item...only to be brought back again and again by the companion respawn mechanic until anon banished her into companion storage stasis forever.
>>
>>48319826
He was considering changing accessibility of Monotheist due to null attack.

Now here is a thing:

The deal was that if one uses non elemental pure mana attacks or has an ability to pierce immunities it could get through the null, but isn't that what Almighty is? The non elemental pure mana.

Arguably out of setting stuff could go through but how many things would qualify for that in whole Jumpchain?

In DDS null attack was great but it was a turn game and by doing enough attacks before one recasts Null Attack, they get through. So why not make it like that?

Null attack either having a cooldown, casting time being longer or having super high mans cost might solve the issue instead when applying to real world time
>>
>>48319855
You have made me very sad this morning, Anti-Spiral.
>>
>>48319855
Fuck off.
>>
>>48319855
Well that got depressing REAL quick.
>>
So if the Kamen Rider Wiki's "cereal box stats" aren't to be taken seriously, how the sweet salty Christ do we figure out how strong we are using any of the individual Kamen Rider forms?
>>
>>48319855
Damn, ASA. That's dark.
>>
So A couple days ago I mentioned I would eventually update my first jump. Here it is.
I can't really give a change log as too much was added and tweaked to really mention but nothing was nerfed and any point changes were reductions. Also I gave out more free stuff so hopefully people will be happy.
Anyways I tried to balance things better. I hope people like it. If anyone has any suggestions or criticisms I would be glad to here it.
>>
File: GreenSlime_walk.gif (28KB, 200x200px) Image search: [Google]
GreenSlime_walk.gif
28KB, 200x200px
So, I've been to Adventure Time, Overlord (LN/Anime), TOME, and Monsters Inc... Are there any other jumps that would help me be the best Goo there ever was?
>>
>>48320004
SimAnt for Fire Ant (Water), to give you even better internal alchemy abilities?
>>
>>48320004
forgotten realms to pick out a new kind of goo, Darkstalkers for better control of your goo,X-Men cinematic to form your goo into useful things
>>
>>48319855
Hold up-

Ah, I found it now. I was actually mixing up multiple discussions, the one I was thinking of was the Aethersong cage that OAA figured out, and a conversation where dirge_ was talking with a guy who brought millions of companions with him every jump and folded them all into just 8 at the end o each.
>>
File: red man.png (830KB, 800x1087px) Image search: [Google]
red man.png
830KB, 800x1087px
Deadman Wonderland

17 years old
Inmate 100
Leader 200
Chemist 350
Biochemist 500
Physicist 650
Branch of Sin 950
Wretched Egg 1450
Snake 1550
Pistol 1600
Framed 1300
Lost a Game 1000

Took the science options as they offer pretty outlandish shit and don't cost very much and leader because I had 100 CP left over,

Then I took all the special power options and the option that lets you give other people special powers. Really not a lot to say about this as I figure this is probably just a subtle variation on everyone else who ever made a build for this jump.

Drawbacks means I've lost my left arm (decided by rolls) and some people (not even entirely sure who given the wording of the drawback, might be the government) are after me. Also there's the Wretched Egg thing which indicates I'm going to snap at least once and try to kill everyone I care about.
>>
>>48320002
>Lord of the land
Goddamn, that's cool.

>Just a simple ordinary deck of Cards
...Deck of Many Things is worth 800points?
>>
>>48320002
Great, another update that just shoves in as much power as possible. Generic power too, rather then anything interesting.
>>
>>48320002
Hey, can I go DnD doppelganger for Monstrous?
>>
>>48320036
>Wretched Egg

Are you dumb?
Why would you do this to yourself?
You'd be better off avoiding it and taking fewer drawbacks.
>>
>>48320002
Love Dark Contract and my build is going to have to get altered.
>>
>>48320002
Neat. This update took it from a meh to a top tier jump, IMO. Those capstones are all nice.
>>
>>48320075
Cos it's a mandatory "you go crazy once" drawback as worded and after that will be buried under the various 'you are always yourself' perks I've got.
>>
>>48320002
So I'm not familiar with Ravenloft, or even DnD. Why does the Monstrous perk cost so much? Are vampires in that setting like uber god things or something?
>>
>>48320002
Why is Psychic more expensive than magic? Wizards, Clerics, and Druids are all more powerful and versatile than Psions.
>>
>>48320099
Not really. They do get benefits, but not that much... I think it's about thematics. Ravenloft being the horror d&d setting, you're not supposed to be one of the things that go bump in the night.
>>
>>48320133
Ah ok, doesn't seem to fit the price in that regards but I do understand why it would be such a high price.
>>
>>48320042
>...Deck of Many Things is worth 800points?
A Deck of many things can do crazy things. I may think of dropping the price but sometime when I am not suffering from Insomnia.

>>48320047
Well I am sorry you didn't like it.
>>48320053
Sure Doppelganger would be a viable choice.

>>48320079
>>48320082
Thank you I am glad you liked it.
>>
>>48320150
>Deck of many things
Has a one in 22 chance of soul trapping you and giving the trap to an outsider. . .
>>
>>48320150
>A Deck of many things can do crazy things.
It can also screw you over really hard, and it only works once. But fair enough, I guess. I just don't feel it's worth more than maybe ~400ish.

Monstrous probably wouldn't allow you to become a Vampire Lord, instead of standard one? What with mention of burning in sunlight?

Anyway, update looks really awesome. My build's gonna have to shift around a bit to make place for the cool new stuff, even though I basically got an extra 300cp...
>>
>>48320150
Hah! It should be free, but you should have to roll in a thread so you can't cheat. The DOMT can be vicious. I'd only pay such a ludicrous amount of CP if it was a version with only the benevolent cards in it.
>>
>>48320209
Actually, 800cp? I wouldn't even if it was a nice-only deck. The other perks are much better bang for the buck.
>>
>>48319890
Anyone?
>>
>>48320032
>Aethersong cage
So how does that work?
>>
>>48320338
It's not a Companion thing at all - just a fount of energy that the Cage converts into Aether so that he could maintain a permanent Primal form from FFXIV.
>>
>>48320002
...Do clouds count as mist for Mistwalker's out-of-jump thing? The difference is pretty much mostly altitude...
>>
>>48320002
I like most of the new additions. Iffy about the Deck of Many Things, even if I had 800cp to spare I wouldn't buy it, as half are detrimental and about a quarter are very detrimental.
>That no setback limit tho

Niggling grammar issue in Vistoni Charm, if you update it.
>You will encounter random dangers while traveling less frequently.
Reads as: you get random dangers when you don't travel as much. It should probably be:
>You will encounter random dangers less frequently while traveling.

>>48320285
I'm assuming you'd have to watch the TV shows to get an idea?
>>
>>48320002
Psychic has lds instead of lbs
Otherwise looks great. Also this >>48320120
>>
>>48320366
>I'm assuming you'd have to watch the TV shows to get an idea?

Well I have been watching the shows on KissAsian, and yet all I'm getting are explosion effects - there's nothing really concrete about their strength to the point I'm pretty much assuming at most it's basic human levels.

Another guy was asking in IRC and that's when the "cereal box stats" got brought up.
>>
>>48320393
>>48320120
Isn't all magic except psionics subject to failing and backfiring or just suddenly working in a different way in Ravenloft?
>>
>>48320120
Psychics could be broken depending on the edition. Also when this was originally made it gave you possible access to mind reading which was sort of a taboo power in jump chain so I felt kind of obligated to make it a capstone.

>>48320183
>>48320208
>>48320209
>>48320366

Alright would dropping the price of the deck of many things to 400 make it a bit more palatable?
>>
>>48320492
>Alright would dropping the price of the deck of many things to 400 make it a bit more palatable?
That seems more sensible but I personally still wouldn't buy it due to how dangerous it is.
>>
>>48320492
>mind reading which was sort of a taboo power
It was? Huh, why was that?
>>
>>48320002
Noticed a few typos:

Has "fallowing" instead of following in the background text.

Infavision should be Infravision in Demihuman.

Not a huge Ravenloft guy but I assume Vistoni Charm should be Vistani Charm.

"Afterwords" should be afterwards in Fury.

"Of coarse" should be of course in the companion import bit.
>>
>>48320524
I think it was because Pokemon made a point of not having it.

You could take psionics but you didn't get mind reading with it. After that it just wasn't really included in stuff even though there are places where it would have made a bunch of sense.
>>
>>48320545
Hm, fair enough. Seems a little odd, but okay.
>>
>>48320002
>You can are a skilled also a skilled tracker.
Typo.
>>
Alright I fixed the grammatical errors that were mentioned. Thank you, I am not the best about that. I appreciate the help.

The lack of a limit on how many drawbacks you can take is intentional. I realized that letting someone cause themselves a lot of problems for the sake of power was perfectly appropriate for Ravenloft.
>>
>>48320545
Early jc was a weird and arbitrary place.
>>
>>48320711
We're still a weird and arbitrary place.
>>
>>48320688
How does divine magic work in Ravenloft? Do you have to worship something? And pray for spells?
>>
>>48320721
Point.
>>
Couple of questions about the Ones from Star Wars:

Would one of them be viable as a Job Offer employer?

And could you import them and be their Child in Percy Jackson?
>>
>>48320721
Maybe if we didn't consistently need to balance shit according to a few autistic shits' idea of "internal balance" we wouldn't be.
>>
So, this Ravenloft update made me curious about something. How does taking the same class in different jumps work? Say I'm a Sorcerer in Ravenloft and FR, do my levels stack? Do they share the same spell's known list?

What if you're a Cleric in two different jumps? If you betray your god while in the second jump, will the magic from the first stop working, too?
>>
>>48320723
It's generally like most D&D divine magic, though for those worshiping gods from outside of ravenloft it seems to be the dark powers that are granting the spells. You however can choose to have your spells granted to you from Jumpchan if you don't feel like worshiping something.
>>
>>48320612
Well that will be corrected in the next version. Which may be later today I think I am going to try and get some sleep I'll check back later to answer any more questions.
>>
>>48320800
Personally, I just assume they stack normally, as long as they're the same edition. (with some redundancy for Wizards and such, since learned skills) Cross-edition, it introduces some weirdness, and I use them as closely-related but seperate systems...

As for Cleric... depends on what you get your power from? If you gain Cleric power from one deity, then both would stop working. But if you gain Cleric power from two different deities, or a deity and an ideal/force, or something, then the non-betrayed part would just keep working.
>>
That reminds me: do most of you even bother preparing spells most days outside of the jump? I wouldn't have the patience to spend an hour doing it every morning.
>>
File: Ayyyy.jpg (472KB, 1132x900px) Image search: [Google]
Ayyyy.jpg
472KB, 1132x900px
>>48320688
Ravenloft

Old

18 years old
Drop-In
Darkon
Magic 400
Iron Will 500
Magic Resistance 800
Shoes of Abundant Step 1100
Last Hope 1200
Disfigured 1100
Unwanted Harem 1000

New

18 years old
Merchant 100
Darkon
Sneaky
Appraise 150
Iron Will 350
Magic Resistance 950
Dark Contract 1250
Sack of 1000 Gold
Last Hope 1300
Shoes of Abundant Step 1400
Tragic Watchman 1200
A Past You Just Can't Leave Behind 1000

Thought I'd show both old and new builds.

Changed background from Drop-In to Merchant, lost Magic (which doesn't matter as much now as I pick it up in pretty much every other D&D jump we have) and gained Dark Contract which is my new favourite perk.

Being able to buy and sell anything is hilarious. I can now presumably buy someone's enjoyment of croissants and then sell it to someone else who now presumably enjoys croissants twice as much. Or give people weird see-through hair by buying their hair colour. Maybe I can finally buy love.

Still took Last Hope as it's a great thing to combine with a more powerful weapon and the shoes.

Rest is all the same, drawbacks changed so now the whole thing is going to be less silly, more serious and probably slightly less dangerous overall.
>>
>>48320877
I just a fuck-tonne of my Cantrips prepared ASAP and then restock as I go through them.
>>
File: Clerics.png (319KB, 312x878px) Image search: [Google]
Clerics.png
319KB, 312x878px
>>48320417
Everything I've been able to find says psionics has the same limits as magic in Ravenloft. People who make stupidly detailed wiki pages are champions.
That goes back to AD&D (2nd ed) in the Complete Psionics Handbook which outlines the limits. 3rd ed Ravenloft handbook doesn't mention psionics, but the same limits as spellcasting are supported by the "psionics-magic transparency" rule in 3/3.5. The "Psionics Are Different" rule is an optional variant that DMs can use, but is not assumed.

>>48320723
>see pic
Canon, if you're a Cleric, things can get a little weird in Ravenloft. Druids don't have to pray, but they meditate about trees or something.

>>48320877
Yes. A time acceleration field + Weight of Years from Master of Magic is marvelous. Or just patience perks.
>>
>>48320877
I typically do it as needed.
I have all the time in the world, even in the midst of combat.
Lunar Dial OP
>>
>>48320877
Preparing spells? Pfft. Sorcerer Master Race.
>>
File: sakuya za warudo (4).jpg (486KB, 1000x750px) Image search: [Google]
sakuya za warudo (4).jpg
486KB, 1000x750px
>>48320990
I forgot my pic
>>
>>48320877
Why eould I bother with D&D magic when I have Overlord magic?
>>
>>48321022
Because overlord magic is basically DnD
>>
>>48321067
But better.
>>
>>48321075
If you count 3 and 3.5e as better than whatever.
>>
>>48320688
>> Bear in mind this was much earlier in my chain,on page 24 my 298 Page list of jumps

Ravenloft ….....oh, bother

noble -50
Chose Lamordia -50
Blue Blood Free for : Noble
magic -200 Discount: Nobles
iron will -200
Voice of Wrath -200
healer -400
sack of 1000 gold X2 -50
Silver hand Mirror -50
*Notes: I'm not really a bad guy, rugged antihero at worst . I'm just going to avoid
making enemies, for ten years and keep my head down, of course There will be lavish society parties and some courtly intrigues for for me and mine, but nothing not mundane. I'm dark,but I'm not evil. *
>>
>>48321098
No, I'm Saying Overlord is better. It's D&D magic, but stronger, without a need for components, and runs off of mana instead of a Vancian system.
>>
File: ls_konata_study.jpg (70KB, 480x270px) Image search: [Google]
ls_konata_study.jpg
70KB, 480x270px
>>48320688
> Tatyana [+300CP]

> This may not be the wisest course of action

I NEED SOMEONE TO GIVE ME REASONS FOR WHY I SHOULD NOT COMPANION STRAHD.

PLEASE.
>>
>>48321115
No it isn't. Overlord doesn't have nearly as much power as DnD epic level spells, even overrank magic isn't any better than at best 6th level magic in DnD.
>>
>>48321148
He's a filthy bloodsucker.
>>
File: 1457189275866.jpg (282KB, 573x1941px) Image search: [Google]
1457189275866.jpg
282KB, 573x1941px
>>48321017
My brethren!
Though I'm a half-heathen. I went Sorcerer/Wizard/Ultimate Magus in Forgotten Realms.
>>
>>48321172
It's okay. I did that in OoTS.
>>
>>48321148
The corpse smell he comes with. Seriously, undead smell awful.
>>
>>48321221
Heavens I have a question how many moons have you destroyed?
Also why do you keep destroying moons? We need those. Did they say something bad about your mother or something?
>>
File: protoman.png (403KB, 500x647px) Image search: [Google]
protoman.png
403KB, 500x647px
>>48320688
Alrighty then, time for ASA Begins 2: Electric Boogaloo!

Also known as JUMP#15: RAVENLOFT

Drawbacks: There is no way out, Forewarned, Favored, A Past you can't leave behind, Holy, Unwanted Harem (2400)

Drop-In, Age 22

Rolled Darkon

Nope! (Free)
Not From Around Here (2350)
Performer (2300)
Vengeful (2200)
Iron Will (2100)
Magic Resistant (1800)
Mist Walker (1500)
Free Stuff (Free)
Creepy Doll (1400). By the way, is this supposed to be a Dread Doll Golem or something...more sinister? Is it sentient enough to be a companion? Does it react in any other way if, in fact, you're too paranoid to go to sleep WITHOUT it and keep it near you at all times?
The haunted stone (1300)
Elixier of Healing (1200)
Strong Soul (600)
Dark Contract (0).
The Gun (Free)

You have to understand: Up until this jump, it was all just a big game to me. I was nobody special, just some thrill-seeking tourist with some silly ideas bumbling through some rough-and-tumble worlds. I interpreted the Sith creed to spend most of my time partying. I played the banjo loudly during Mega Man X's battles. I wrecked some scrubs with my Conduit powers that one time.

This was the one that drove home that somewhere, there were things that played for keeps, and used people to keep score.

I went here with the best of intentions-I only wanted Dark Contract to "buy" peoples' stress or misery or something in exchange for cash and "sell" it to things that fed on that stuff-and this time, I was hunted and hounded before I even found my feet.

I hit a few castles with fusion detonators, liberated a few villages and cut down some of the damned.

And none of it mattered in the end.

(Cont'd)
>>
>>48321254
It started with several crit fails when deploying superweapons against superior opponents. I justified it with awful aim.

Then after a while, it became a force of habit. And flimsy justification for the previous screw-ups. I can tell the whole story again if you REALLY want to know.
>>
File: hoperidesalone2.png (393KB, 1000x647px) Image search: [Google]
hoperidesalone2.png
393KB, 1000x647px
>>48321260
The darklords egged on my "harem", the dark powers egged on the darklords and time and again I was forced to watch the people who'd aided me cut down for their impudence.

Gar couldn't handle a world this dark and almost went catatonic from psychic backlash at first. Blaize went in the opposite direction and coped by becoming a berserker-until she was beaten into paste after an illusion tricked her into punching out of her weight class. Asami (no relation) adjusted the fastest, and became utterly ruthless-but broke down when she was mindjacked into stabbing me in the back, and then stabbing herself through the heart. And Elodie almost died from a cursed blade after we barely felled a darklord together.

I still don't know how I held it together. All I remember is the breaking point-trying to lead as many people as I could out through the mists towards the end of my stay-only the mist itself to hollow half of them into mindless ghouls. Which the rest of us had to cut through to escape.

And then...it was still futile, when I reached the next jump. They weren't companions. I never had a chance of saving them.

And then other things happened, and I just...stopped trying after a while.

Because men are pitiful, doomed toys and only monsters can stand above the consequences.

Or so I thought, at the time.

>>48321148
He looks like a drunk Michael Jackson in his human form, and a constipated Michael Jackson in his man-bat form.

>>48320877
Honestly I can't be bothered with D&D magic most of the time. Never liked it much, it just seems awfully boring.
>>
>>48321156
Other than Wish what 9th level spell is stronger than Fallen Down? Also Overlord has the Wish spell.
>>
>>48321281
Nah just wondering the basics on why you are now seen as the moon destroyer.
>>
>>48321156
There are 6th level spells that can wipe out entire armies?
>>
>>48321348
And simultaneously summon forth superpowers abominations?
>>
File: 82c040e082c45f312b2078a285a7a399.jpg (329KB, 1209x853px) Image search: [Google]
82c040e082c45f312b2078a285a7a399.jpg
329KB, 1209x853px
>>48321260
>>48321296
I'm pretty sure you just inspired me to spend my ten years in Ravenloft running a book store.
>>
>>48321296
>>48321260

And so began a great cosmic "Fuck Everything But Me."
>>
>>48320688
I like this update, and have two questions:

Does Strong Soul act as an anti-corruption perk as well? It says it mitigates damage to your soul, so I'm wondering if things that corrupt your soul count as damage and would, as a result, fall under the auspices of this perk.

Psychic says you can start at level 1 of any editions psionic. Does that also mean we get any editions psionic class at level or just generic "psionic" as our class? Mainly I'm wondering if we could take Eruidte as our psionic class.

Thanks for the update!
>>
Im looking for a perk that allows for one way translation between magic and tech but is not chrimson saint, I know one exists but I cant find it. Anyone have any ideas??
>>
File: 1373730058281.jpg (121KB, 804x783px) Image search: [Google]
1373730058281.jpg
121KB, 804x783px
>>48321535
Altocrystarium from Final Fantasy Type-0 lets you turn things from tech to magic, important thing is to practice.

Digital Sorcery from Fate/Extra lets you turn things from magic to tech.
>>
>>48321535
There is one in Fate/extra i think.
>>
>>48321554
>>48321549
These are perfect thank you.
>>
File: _m5iu2sRBWJ1r1675mo1_500.gif (409KB, 499x280px) Image search: [Google]
_m5iu2sRBWJ1r1675mo1_500.gif
409KB, 499x280px
>>48320877
Spells stay memorized until you cast them. So... generally, I'll refresh them as needed, but sometimes I go for a really long time without ever dipping into my Vancian reserves.

Also, I mean, it's not like I agonize over the spell decisions. You do it enough times, eventually you end up falling back on a prememorized spell setup that'll work for most generalized situations. It's basically just meditation.

>>48321022
I just like to have options.
And contingencies.
And backups.
And backups for the backups.

I mean, technically I can turn invisible at will, and fire off orbital satellite lasers indefinitely. I took that one from Negima and it fires once about every ten minutes. It doesn't even cost mana.
Because fighting is boring and dumb.

That's how I killed Ruby Weapon.
It actually took several days. And was very anticlimactic.
The Emerald Weapon fight was WAY cooler.

But, y'know. It's nice to have alternates?
Sometimes I don't want to dig into my mana reserves. I mean, I'm half mana.
Sometimes I just want to wave my arms for a couple seconds and then go lay on the floor for an hour.

It's not like I have important jumper shit to do.
>>
File: 1265777332366.jpg (45KB, 458x319px) Image search: [Google]
1265777332366.jpg
45KB, 458x319px
>>48321022
>Why eould I bother with D&D magic when I have Overlord magic?
Because sometimes stocking up on redundant options can prove beneficial in the long run, in ways you never thought it would.
>>
>>48321115
Hate to break this to you but overlord super spells also run off xp. The reason ainz summoned so many dark young was he used the xp gained from 160k deaths as sacrifices.
>>
>>48321022
Overlord is basically like D&D... But not entirely. And certainly not in system, even if the spells resemble it. Just assuming it can do everything D&D does seems silly to me.

Overlord is better if you just want to keep on casting and wipe out armies. D&D is more focussed on small scale engagements and also seems more useful to have for esoteric shit, of which there is a lot if you go looking.

Besides. It takes /ages/ to learn/develop a new spell in Overlord's New World system. It's much, much easier to develop spells in the D&D system.

Also, redundancy.
>>
>>48321760
I really don't think that killing a bunch of level 1-2 peasants would be enough to actually do anything. Sure, some over rank spells are stated to consume exp, but la shub niggurath never was.
>>
>>48321798
Read book 10.
>>
>>48321760
Some spells do but not that one, that spell uses the sacrifices as fuel not the exp from killing them.
>>
>>48319856
Null attack with monotheist isn't something you cast. It's passive.
>>
File: armored up.jpg (19KB, 236x320px) Image search: [Google]
armored up.jpg
19KB, 236x320px
>>48321022
Because wearing armor is good, and if you put any armor at all on, Overlord magic doesn't work.

D&D can get around that easily enough, Overlord can't.
>>
>>48321798
According to Ainz each of the soldiers he killed should have given him 1 xp. Yeah not a lot but at the amount killed in the battle it should have been enough for him to level up.
>>
>>48321830
Im pretty sure thats just because the players cant equipt gear like that. They could wear it or pick up a sword but if they try to use it it falls off. The reason ainz cant cast in armor is because he traded mage levels for warrior levels with the perfect warrior spell.
>>
>>48321866
No, I'm pretty sure he just can't cast in armor, at all. I seem to recall it being said he didn't use the perfect warrior spell.
>>
>>48321749
>Because sometimes stocking up on redundant options can prove beneficial in the long run, in ways you never thought it would.
This why I upgraded the shit out of my Hammer of Dawn and one of the first things I do in every jump is toss that fucker into orbit. In low tech / fantasy settings, few people think of conflicts outside of two dimensions. Those that do rarely look or try to defend against orbital bombardment and energy attacks.

Smiting fools with that thing always gives me a good chuckle. The real trick, though, was getting good enough with it to use it as a tool of destruction and graffiti.

Real proud of that achievement.
>>
>>48321866
>>48321798
I love how after that fight half the knights on Ainz side quit their jobs for ptsd after seeing him wreck the other army.
>>
>>48321866
No, he's hard limited by class requirements and limitations. He can pick up a sword, but he can't use it. Similarly he can't cast in armor.

His work around for this is summoned equipment, and he wields that gear with the Perfect Warrior spell. Unfortunately while he's under the effects of PW he can't cast any magic, period. I also don't think he can use martial techniques while doing PW, but don't quote me on that part.
>>
>>48321908
Turning hammer of dawn into a magic spell sounds like a good idea.
>>
>>48321941
That is almost exactly what I was trying to say.
>>
>>48321949
It's a blend of effects, but technology and magic are a bit part of it. No spell to summon or use it, though. Well, it's not /just/ a spell. It's physically up there and I just need to use my proprietary interface to connect with it and shoot at fools.
>>
>>48321975
I really just want to make a magic spell that collects and bounces light from the sun over a large area of space then focusses all of it onto one spot in a gleaming white hot beam of destruction and heat. Something I could cut through a planet with if given time.
>>
>>48320688
Old build:

>Ravenloft - 194
Starting Domain: Lamordia
Drawbacks: Holy (+200), Disfigured (+100)
Final Point Count: 1,300 CP
Background: Merchant
Skills and Abilities:
-Sneaky (Free)
-Magic
Equipment:
-The Freebies
-Sun Blade
-Armor of Leaves
-The Haunted Stone
-Lucky Charm
-Wand of Thorns
-Elixir of Healing
-Silver Hand Mirror
-Sacred Scarf
-Undertaker's Cloak
-Belmont
-Spectacles of Clear Sight
-Mask of Shadows
-Silver Bow

New Build:

>Ravenloft - 194
Starting Domain: Lamordia
Drawbacks: Holy (+200), Disfigured (+100)
Final Point Count: 1,300 CP
Background: Merchant
Skills and Abilities:
-Sneaky (Free)
-Magic
-Dark Contract
Equipment:
-The Freebies
-Sun Blade
-The Haunted Stone
-Lucky Charm
-Sacred Scarf
-Belmont
-Mask of Shadows
>>
>>48321830
>you put any armor at all on, Overlord magic doesn't work
I watched a video on YouTube that had Ainz battling some chick that looked like. Valkyrie or something and she was using magic with armor on?

I really have no idea, since I don't know much about the series, though.
>>
>>48322008
Might be helpful to purchase the stone from Jojo, the Red Sone of Aja or something like that. It magnifies the hell out of solar power / energy, so if you can find a way to duplicate that effect in spell form, or recreate it with some other physical means, you should be good to go.
>>
>>48322036
She was using divine magic and class / racial skills.
>>
>>48322036
She was a special class called a valkyriw. Basically armored cleric.
>>
>>48321830
This is flagrant lies. That's only a problem for ainz because he's not specced to be able to ware armor.
>>
For a jumper that didn't take Cheat Mode, is there any alternative to the blue feather combo?
>>
>>48321830
You mean the the time when he wore an armor with a specific class requirement? The class requirement he overcame by using a spell that converted his attributes from a caster to a warrior?

That was a very specific circumstance, it wasn't that the armor kept him from casting it was that the spell that allowed him to wear it in spite of the class requirement disabled his casting.
>>
>>48322113
No, cheat mode is the most important aspect to that combo since it is the only way to clone something with all special properties (including fiat) intact. There is at least one other item that could replace the feather but so far you NEED Cheat Mode.
>>
>>48322113
Perks to fight loneliness and boredom. Also a good supply of lube, regeneration, and stamina perks.
>>
>>48321830
You could always make cloth gear that is superior to plate. There are perks for it.

Plus ainz can use daggers as well as staff weapons.
>>
>>48322113
You can still have a harem but your harem building capabilities will be diminished considerably. It's cheating but I suppose you could house rule that importing a pod companion makes them a full companion.
>>
>>48322113
You can go Collective Consciousness it like I do, and actually merge your companions/persons-that-you-want-as-a-companion together into singular entities that can be divided at a moments notice to take with you.
>>
>>48322113
740 kerbal
>>
File: 1364267832468.png (121KB, 256x272px) Image search: [Google]
1364267832468.png
121KB, 256x272px
>>48321908
>>48321975
>mfw someone bought the Hammer of Dawn from Gears of War
>the fucking 'Death from Above' option
>mfw it's actually been a part of their tactics
>they also use it for silly, stupid shit

This makes me so glad I made Gears of War, hearing that someone actually used things from that jump.
>>
So I'm thinking of doing a Knights of Sidonia jump (still very early brainstorming, so don't consider this a claim. I don't want to tie up the IP in case it takes me a huge length of time to do this). Anyway, I'm wondering how to handle the issue of kabi weapons. For those not familiar with the setting, to actually kill a Gauna requires that you destroy its core. But the "true body", as the core is referred to, is incredibly durable. The only weapon seen to destroy it through pure force is the local version of the Graviton Beam Emitter. Otherwise, the only way to kill a Gauna is with a weapon made of a material called "kabi" that has some vaguely-defined relation to Gauna biology.

Now, I can see two problems with this as regards a jump. The first is that having such durable monsters is bound to cause some amount of offense. People like doing things their own way, if I tell jumpers that they have to use the jump's method to fight there will be some anger at that. I figure I can get around that by emphasizing that it's only direct damage that they're so durable against, and that out of context methods based on exotic mechanisms would remain effective. I'll still probably need to word it carefully, though. Ideas for that would be welcome.

The second problem and the one that I'm more focused on at the moment is how to compensate the jumper for buying kabi weapons for their Gardes ( I'd like to have a mecha customization section) instead of just waiting for the point in the series where a method of artificially synthesizing kabi is discovered and they become commonplace. It could wind up being a pretty hefty investment of CP, theoretically, and I want it to be reasonable. I'm thinking maybe have purchased kabi have some advantage post-jump, like it inhibits regeneration or some such. Something so that buying kabi doesn't only help you out in the Sidonia jump itself. Any thoughts?
>>
>>48322318
Just give an option to upgrade weapons with the setting's anti-monster stuff, like Assassination Classroom and Black Bullet do.

Or give a knife or whatever low-grade weapon free.
>>
>>48321830
But that's for Players, right? What if you go Local?
>>
>>48322113
Theres Sword Plant from Arthur if you want to do that to copy the feather.
>>
>>48322248
It's one thing to smite your enemies. It's another thing entire to smite your enemies and draw giant dicks all over their territory.
>>
>>48322318
Buying kabi weapons costsore but you get the first purchase free, after the jump they inhibit regeneration of things they damage. There are already weapons that do this in chain such as deadpools sword.

Please give us a high price guana hybrid option even if we have to take a mandatory drawback for it.

Of course we will need tech and biotech perks from this setting.
>>
>>48322395
>>48321908
Did you hook it up to an Ipad or tablet with stylus so you can use it tondraw pictures and write your name in the earth a mile deep?
>>
So, is there any way to modify D&D magic to work like Overlord magic?
>>
>>48322397
Do you mean gauna hybrid option as you being one or you having one as a companion? Because there is definitely going to be a Tsumugi-expy waifu available. Not Tsumugi herself, I'd have to be a monster to take her from Tanikaze, but making a Sidonia jump and not offering a QT Chimera girl would be ridiculous.
>>
>>48322433
Conjoined Conjures?
>>
File: image.gif (2MB, 260x146px) Image search: [Google]
image.gif
2MB, 260x146px
>>48322152
>regeneration
Lewd!
>>
A question for those of you that took the Halo Guantlet and chose Benefactor of Science. What setting did you pick to get high end schematics from? I mean that has to some seriously beneficial uses, both during and after the guantlet. I chose Blame! Tech for the technology of stuff like GBE's, Exterminators, and even Level 9's, they also have amazing polymer armor and Biology hacking darts.
>>
>>48322433
Use Conjoined Conjures. Actually, could you use Conjoined Conjures on multiple magic systems in DnD?
>>
>>48322420
I used to freehand it, but then I got smart and pre-generated a bunch of pictures. That way I use it to smite something, then just select the post-combat taunt I want to leave as a reminder and I walk away as it's being drawn.

I like efficiency.
>>
File: 1263250337734.jpg (9KB, 206x251px) Image search: [Google]
1263250337734.jpg
9KB, 206x251px
>>48322462
At the time I didn't have many options. So I chose Lord of Light tech so that way the Spartan program and other UNSC soldiers could benefit from the things they do.

...to say it was a mistake, is a tremendous understatement.
>>
>>48322434
Option to be one as yourswlf or to buy one as a companion would be cool, I don't mind floating in space for a decabe or so and helping tsumu not be lonely.
>>
>>48322433
Use Dark Wisdom from Overlord to translate the spells into a mana system?
>>
>>48322449
>>48322465
Wouldn't you still have most of the limitations of Vancian magic?
>>
>>48322479
Story tiem?

Lord of light tech doesn't really look that good. It just looks like minor magic enchantments.
>>
>>48321829
Oh wait.

Monotheist doesn't block Almighty.

DSAnon derped. I believe he thought it also stopped Almighty.
>>
File: dkd.jpg (16KB, 500x280px) Image search: [Google]
dkd.jpg
16KB, 500x280px
>>48320036
Demon King Daimao

Demon King 150
16 years old
Evil Concealment
Harem Protagonist 250
Physical Magic 550
Demonic Persuasion 700
Demon King's Power 1000
Magic Manipulation 1600
Cool Clothes
Rumors 1500
Unlucky 1300
Rival Houses 1000

Weird to have two anime jumps in a row where a clearly best option with possible red eyes.

Balance issues aside this seems like a pretty fun setting to spend some time and there's some fun stuff here.

Evil Concealment lets me hide my motives/evil.

Harem Protagonist also does what you'd expect. Has a little bit about being more powerful making you more desirable as well but I'm not entirely sure whether that's a feature of the perk or a description of the setting.

Physical Magic is neat and combines great with the Demon King perks. Seems like you can do some pretty outlandish shit with the perk on its own and given it's about converting mana to physical feats it's nice to have tonnes of mana.

Demon King's Power = tonnes of mana.

Magic Manipulation seems to be magical ability rather than power. Not entirely sure what you'd be able to do with Demon King's Power or this on its own.

Demonic Persuasion is a sort of perk I tend to stack and will continue to do so since I picked up Dark Contract from Ravenloft.

Drawbacks are pretty mild and amount to women falling on me, ridiculous rumours cropping up about me and a ninja clan coming for my head. Bizarrely with Rival Houses I explicitly know who they are and how to stop them.
>>
>>48321829
Wait, no, he kno-

OH. That is why he is so worried about it being too strong. DDS doesn't have Pierce or any equivalent. THAT is why it's so tough.

But Null Attack would be bypassed by any Pierce or its equivalent in future jumps. Because it is NULL.

You are lower powered, less immune Beldr.
>>
File: the-wire.jpg (66KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
the-wire.jpg
66KB, 640x480px
Thinking of maybe doing a jump for the Wire as I'm rewatching it and I've managed to get a couple of ideas down.

Any interest?
>>
>>48322059
>>48322065
So wait, when it says that Level 100 Warrior would still be casting RoH-tier magic, can they cast in armor?
>>
>>48322462
G Gundam.

It got ridiculous.
>>
>>48322592
That setting has had me wonder what ends up happening later on but I just can't bring myself to read the LN.
>>
File: neo mexico.png (174KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
neo mexico.png
174KB, 500x375px
>>48322665
>It got ridiculous
>>
>>48322680
From what I've been told the jump describes the setting really poorly. It sounds like it's actually a really cool setting, all sorts of high-concept science fantasy, and it just gets glossed over.
>>
>>48322538
Did you not really read the items in the jump? Wand of Fire can scar the moon, from earth. So it's like if a Melta from 40k could be made accurate over orbital distances, with more destructive power than any melta from 40k that isn't ship based.
>>
>>48322656
A crime drama could certainly make an interesting jump setting.
>>
File: image.jpg (136KB, 716x1100px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
136KB, 716x1100px
>>48322479
It happens to the best of us Red. I mean I just chose Blame! because I'm a very tech heavy jumper. I'm just really bad at understanding magic and judging it's limitations when I buy them. So the ability to create Blame! Level cybernetics, and then turn all that shit to biotech thanks to Cobra-La, and start teleporting portions of the sun into my immediate vincity, is fucking cool.
>>
>>48322696
Have you ever seen Neo Mexico flying in the center of a Halo.

BECAUSE IT HAPPENED.
>>
>>48320721
>Looks at Doctor Who and Hellblazer

>>48320757
Why would you import them? They're not specially powerful or versatile.
>>
>>48322657
That's the jump. You'd have to ask the jump maker for a ruling on that.
>>
>>48322700
Yeah but you have to wear this whole protective suit or it kills you.
>>
>>48322738
Who is the jump maker?
>>
>>48322699
It looks like the jump is based on the anime rather than the LN.
>>
>>48322750
Says at the bottom, Brellin. He's over on SB.
>>
>>48322665
>You would get the DG cell blueprints
Holy fuck
>>
>>48322462
I chose SupCom, I didn't care for thinking through all the possible options like high end DC tech, so though giant ass robots with a troop count in the millions would do help me the most.
>>
What are World of Warcraft classes capable of at the upper-end?
>>
>>48322765
UG Cells as well.

AND HAVE YOU SEEN ODST THROWING KI BLASTS WHILE PILOTING GUNDAMS.
>>
File: image.jpg (224KB, 736x981px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
224KB, 736x981px
>>48322696
Yeah, G Gundam is never not ridiculous
>>
>>48322744
Yea but there aren't even many weapons on that level in other settings even as shipboard weapons.
>>
File: 1237620613047.png (455KB, 625x480px) Image search: [Google]
1237620613047.png
455KB, 625x480px
>>48322538
>>48322707
There isn't much story, other than everything going absurdly wrong.

It started out well enough at first. The Spartan program got a major boost, becoming 'Olympians' instead as they got to tap into Aspects and do all kinds of crazy bullshit. The genetic augmentations the LoL tech brought assisted in helping the soldiers, and the technology from things like the Robes, the Universal Fire Wand, that Bow of Rudri... turns out when you scale that UP to ships, it also can grant a hell of an edge.

...and then the Covenant managed to salvage some of that stuff. And got it in their heads that we were committing heresy on a grave scale by perverting the Forerunner technology. But being imitative, THEY PROCEEDED TO START ADAPTING IT TO THEIR OWN TECH. Worse, they now had even more motivation to wipe out humanity.

It quickly started to become an escalated war.

In the end... humanity won, but at a worse price than before. Earth was gone. Not 'decimated', not 'ravaged', simply GONE. Not a single piece of rubble left. Many more colonies destroyed, trillions of more lives annihilated. The Covenant suffered similar losses, entire planets razed and High Charity reduced to nothing but dust. ...the fighting only stopped because both sides realized they had pushed each other to the brink of extinction, and the losses were becoming too great. A non-aggression pact signed, an agreement to help each other rebuild after seeing the hatred both sides could create.

I learned a harsh lesson during that time. A lesson soaked in the blood of countless lives.
>>
>>48322656
Sounds interesting fampai.
>>
>>48322433
Dark Wisdom + Conjoined Conjures to create true magic. Combine all sources, all strengths and no weaknesses.
>>
>>48322765
>>48322788
This was the build in mind, actually.

>Halo Gauntlet - 487
Homeworld: Earth
Defining Skills: Teamwork, Engineering, Stealth
Complications: Where’s John (+150), The Last SPARTAN (+300), Rewrite (+150), Recast (+150)
Final Point Count: 750
Perks:
-Squad
-Benefactor of Science (G Gundam)
-Future Armor

LET ME TELL YOU ABOUT FLOOD VS DEVIL GUNDAM
>>
>>48322819
I really don't think it would go that way, but it's your chain.
>>
>>48322626
Hence why the deal I offered was that as long as nonelemental/pure mana/almighty-esque stuff could bypass it, the nulls could be pierced, and you could justify grinding for it, you could get it in-jump. Not with cp though, but actual work and effort while keeping yourself and/or Sera out of enemy hands.
Sorry, just woke up, missed the question when it was first asked.
>>
>>48322940
Alright, Master Literaritician / Lore Master.

How do YOU think it should go, keeping in mind nothing goes 100% super right.
>>
File: 1273207881583.jpg (7KB, 228x239px) Image search: [Google]
1273207881583.jpg
7KB, 228x239px
>>48322940
Not everything is going to go right all the time, anon. You also have to consider something else, that the more of something exists, the more likely it's going to fall into enemy hands as they try to figure your shit out, or at least get studied to some extent. That's not some story gimmick, that's just a fact of war... and no matter what kind of measures you take to try and prevent said things falling into enemy hands, the chances are going to increase the more you utilize them.

Throw in a very unhealthy zealotry brought forth by faith, and the chances of everything going to Hell in a handbasket skyrockets.
>>
>>48322961
Alright.
Also, trying to read the DS Manga to fill in some blanks. Protag in it is the deadpan snarker and sarcastic yet motivated guy you can make him be. He's not typical "Friendly, fun, etc" protag. It's great.

And the first demon summoned by Atsuro, as in the one he has to fight to contract, is Wilder. For Protag, it's Jaki Ogre... and he actually loved human fast food, ignoring human meat to eat that.

Trying to understand power levels there, if you don't mind. I will let you know what I find out.

But again, SMT jump I believe powered things up when compared to DS jump. It might be equal, actually. We can't get the Demi-fiend levels of brokennes(End game, at least. no multiversal destruction) but still...

Also, I noticed that Devil Survivor lacks the Death and Expel element, actually. Does the Curse element take care of that or would using Light or Expel stuff bypass that?
>>
>>48323012
Not with the literal complete obliteration of multiple planets, that's for sure, or for that matter, nearly the degree of mutual total defeat that Red wanted to happen in her chain for the sake of her specific, illogical narrative.
>>
>>48323012
Let's start out with the basic shit.

The covenant are imitative and not innovative, by nature. Cortana went into a covenant ship and realised that they had the equipment to do in-atmosphere slipspace jumps, but not the mathematics, because THEY'RE NOT INNOVATIVE. They didn't even have MAXWELL'S LAWS.

All their shit is just copied from the forerunners and put together by the Huragok, and the Huragok wouldn't know what the fuck to do with tech beyond even the forerunners.
>>
>>48322961
So when demons are fused in DS jump, is the result completely new personality without memories of its components or... what? Since I am confused on personality/memories part.

Also, was I right in saying that Atsuro's route rewrites the server so that demons lack free will?
>>
>>48323091
Oh and furthermore: The covenant PoV is that taking tech from unknown aliens that you think are weaker than you is heresy, as it implies the forerunners (your gods) are weaker than the enemy tech-wise.

Sorta like the tech-priests, but less prayers to the machine god. (relatively speaking)
>>
>>48323089
Then you don't know what A) Forerunner tech is capable of, B) what Lord of Light tech is capable of, and C) the fact that combining the two means shit breaks.

>>48323091
Now see, SHIT LIKE THIS is actually decent story critique.
>>
>>48323084
Please don't start more stupid power level arguments about vague SMT shit, please.
>>
>>48323048
Yeah, but the way you described it, in a war between unequal parties, both lose no matter what, because the lesser side will always definitely reverse engineer the stronger side's stuff and then somehow turn the war it into a protracted draw with massive losses on both sides. That's just not how these kinds of things work.
>>
>>48323084
>The manga
Unless t's been updated since I last saw it, it only covers up to the rematch with Wendigo, I think. Maybe not even that. So you might not get the power level of the Bels.
Also, no, Curse only covers ailments, like Stone or something. Death and Expel would probably bypass that, though in typical SMT fashion the bosses will be immune to them.
>>48323131
Unknown. The MCs ponder this too, but are unable to figure it out. They guess however that the fusion would be an amalgamate of the personalities, with both sets of memories. Since this is the farthest we go with this, it's probably best to go with that.
It's less that it removed their free will and more like Babel now sort of acts like Bel, in that it controls and directs the demons. They still have free will, they've just been brought under control, no longer rampaging.
>>
>>48323155
Yeah, no, stop fucking wanking yourself, your dick's going to start bleeding at this rate.
>>
File: dreamcast-1347030821.png (4MB, 1429x1429px) Image search: [Google]
dreamcast-1347030821.png
4MB, 1429x1429px
Jumpers,

How would you like a GUNLORD jump?

A released in 2012 Dreamcast and Neo Geo game, with hand drawn 16 bit sprites and constant 60 fps, non linear stages and all that stuff.

Fight Planetlord and his LORDS OF STEEL, those evil creatures! Fight what I can only describe as Space Balrog!

RESCUE WIFE!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ot6MkPcqQVY

In non updated or updated version insttead of "Bitches" he says "Your are cute"
>>
>>48323202
Oh, you're back. /Wonderful/.

Now nobody can claim anything good about any jumps without you being a little bitch.
>>
>>48323196
Correction: the ENGLISH translation only covers that, there were other volumes released in Japan. If you can translate them, you might be able to find out more.
>>48323206
Sure, that sounds/looks good-
>Space Balrog
Ho boy.
>>
>>48323235
We are not allowed anything nice, no.
>>
>>48323206
Really depends on if you actually plan on making the jump. If you don't then I hope you will drop your claim and make it then come back when you have something to show.
>>
How do you justify starting as a level one in Railgun as experiment?
>>
What is the most tech you can get out of taking all the Rick perks in the Rick and Morty jump?

>>48323206
Yus!
>>
>>48323196
Ah... Still the Babel acting as Bel would be bad. People who can access Bel can abuse it... Hm.

As for the Manga, I KNOW that apparently it also covers Beldr.

So I dunno. But the power levels weren't htat high at least up to that point. I can look more and post relevant pages if you want?
>>
File: 1426124625009.jpg (87KB, 562x880px) Image search: [Google]
1426124625009.jpg
87KB, 562x880px
>>48323206
That sounds like all kinds of fun.
>>
>>48323265
I didn't Claim it.

I asked if people want it.
>>
>>48322462
Macross seems to have some interesting stuff.
>>
>>48323196
I have another question.

Are DS2 power levels higher than DS, then?

So could we arguably use the DS2 anime and mangas to better understand their power levels?

Sorry for asking about that so many times, but I need ways to be sure of my power compared to them without, you know, support of COMP power levels.

Also, do my COMP power levels carry over to DS2 or do I have separate levels there and stats?

Also, I thought Curse includes the insta-death stuff in DS. I might be wrong
>>
>>48323266
You suck.
>>
>>48323323
"no u"
>>
File: wymk1y4NN1qlgvk7.gif (486KB, 480x480px) Image search: [Google]
wymk1y4NN1qlgvk7.gif
486KB, 480x480px
>>48323309
>power levels
>power levels
>power levels
>power levels
I hate you.
>>
>>48323341
You're in a thread where settings are regularly broken by a bunch of That Guys who want nothing more than their numbers to go up

And you hate power level discussion

you are in the wrong place, my friend.
>>
>>48323243
Dubhne was Phys Repel. Even pierce wouldn't get through it. How did the truck damage it that much?

Car damage is unresisted?
>>
>>48323271
Just checked it out, and it appears it has updated.
Now, apparently there are 8 volumes out in Japan, but I'm unsure if they've all been translated yet. From what I've seen, the farthest it goes is when the MCs first meed the SDF in that one tunnel.
If you can find Beldr or one of the other Bels, sure that would be great.
>>48323309
Yes.
Not really. The anime diverges from the game in a lot of ways, and there are hints even in it that it's the equivalent of a New Game Plus.
COMPs are not used in DS2, it's been replaced with Nicaea instead. I suppose you could use your COMP instead if you wanted, though. You might want to talk to Alcor about upgrading it though, Nicaea has a lot more demons than the COMP, with new special abilities.
No, Curse does not include instant death abilities, only status effects and ailments.
>>
File: 1445255159541.jpg (16KB, 222x205px) Image search: [Google]
1445255159541.jpg
16KB, 222x205px
Quick question. Just what are the limits to forerunner technology in halo? What sort of feats can it do and could I obtain the blueprints in the regular halo jump? Only reason I ask is because I've never really gotten into halo and you guys seem to know a lot about this stuff.
>>
>>48323372
There's actually a reason for that. See, Dubhe attacks via causing the bud on top of him to explode. He was in the process of causing it to explode when Daichi rammed the car into the vulnerable bud, causing it to explode. It wasn't the car that hurt Dubhe, but his own explosive bud.
>>
>>48323266
Pretty much >>48323323 , being the absolute worst Experiment.
>>
>>48320004
Lovecraft to become shoggoth? Not exactly a goo but perhaps close enough.
>>
>>48323414
You are supposed to be a human weapon under the thumb of some assholes because of how dangerous you are. . . and you're capable of lighting a match. . .
>>
>>48323457
...Now I want to see/read a series about a living weapon that can only light matches. It'd be funny as hell.
>>
>>48323453
Hey Scatovore, I see you're ban fishing again.
>>
>>48323482
Just report and ignore.
>>
>>48323408
It can do some stuff, but it's a safe bet that it's significantly less advanced than even the necrons in 40k.
>>
>>48323453
Huh. Good to know this is the kind of asshole who benefits from content being made.
>>
>>48323408
People wank the hell out of it, but advanced as their tech may be, they're not actually that great. Inferior to supcom at least.
>>
>>48323408
IIRC they had a dyson sphere that they used warp spacing so that, like the tardis, it was smaller on the outside- 22 cm, in fact. Obviously, they created the halo rings, designed to destroy all life in a galaxy (and just life) using their pulse weaponry- but they could also restrict it to a much smaller area.

For surface-level knowledge I'd recommend halopedia, for deeper stuff I'd recommend the forerunner trilogy of books by greg bear. You could find designs on forerunner installations, though given that they lived 100k years ago it'd be scattered, broken, and you'd likely need an AI to make sense of it.
>>
>>48323508
Just ignore him, he is now actively trying to get banned.
>>
>>48323408
From what I remember, pretty fuckin' OP
>>
>>48323523
>Supreme Commander

Oh you accuse one side of wanking, and then you immediately wank your side some more.

You're beautiful, you know that.
>>
>>48323533
Is yelling at someone now a bannable offense? His tirade isn't exactly productive, but it is technically on topic.
>>
>>48323587
Demanding suicide has to be against the global rules right? I mean this is 4chan but still.
>>
>>48323574
Timmy, I realize your only existing hobby is important, but you need to get ready for school starting up again.

and for fuck's sake, if you fail math class again your father's sending you to boot camp.
>>
>>48323529
Also, I feel I should add that having OLD ONES wasn't good enough for halo, so they decided to have the precursors, which are to the forerunners what the forerunners are to halo humanity. They had what are known as star roads, which are basically gigantic metal tentacles that connect planets and star systems, physically. They are created and powered by thought (this is one of Halo's few entanglements with metaphysics, which is supposedly also used to power the halo array) and can be used for extremely fast FTL, as well as to wrap around planets and destroy them.

Good luck finding any that weren't destroyed by the halo rings firing, though. They're so obscure that they're never seen in the games and barely mentioned in the fluff books.
>>
>>48323453
And here we see the patients descent into madness, as he seems no closer to their goals than the years before. Watch as they respond to a post which demonstrates absolutely nothing they're objecting to, complains about things that never happen, and proceeds to invoke "there are no girls on the internet" argument, because clearly Red's fanbase is because of her gender and not her Jumps.
>>48323574
And here we see him complaining about the mythical "Nerf", a concept which seems to mean "Not letting me use items that explicitly don't work out of universe out of universe."
>>
>>48323610
Maybe? I don't think I've ever seen someone get banned for posting variations off 'kill yourself fagit' so it might be up to the janitor.
>>
>>48323665
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lrr_VVtyUA8
>>
>>48323584
Not that anon, but fuck off, supcom is legitimate in all it's claimed to be capable off.
Forerunners and all their tech and feats are comparatively a load of wank.
>>
>>48323666
pretty sure it isn't legal, whether it's against the local rules or not.
also, nice trips.
>>
File: 1399034346032.png (526KB, 470x1096px) Image search: [Google]
1399034346032.png
526KB, 470x1096px
>>48319855
That's how I felt about the girls in Tenchi. Nobody can live up to Ryoko no matter what.
>>
>>48323610
>Demanding suicide has to be against the global rules right?
Holy shit, how new are you?
>>
>>48322433
Take the slayer's handbook from buffy and go to forgotten realms then wait for magic to get broken and then write in the necessary changes. Might want insurance because gods won't take kindly to that once they get their shit together and might go about wanting to change it and fixing your little red wagon while they're at it. But hey, since you can draw on that weave from later jumps considering your magic still works outside the jump you'll be golden until chain end. Just don't go too crazy or Ao might notice.

>>48323408
Allegedly even citizens had power armor that could level continents and they knew the secrets of cinnamon toast crunch.
>>
>>48323666
Damn to think satan would be unsure about something.
>>
>>48323693
It is not illegal to tell.someone to kill themself.
>>
>>48323766
That's a troll. Why are you feeding it?
>>
>>48323766
Dude, you're awesome, but you're just feeding the troll.
>>
Is anyone else having trouble getting the pdfs in the google drive to load?
>>
File: 1408557192460.jpg (547KB, 960x1305px) Image search: [Google]
1408557192460.jpg
547KB, 960x1305px
>>48320688
I'm not familiar with Ravenloft, if I wanted to be a hero and save people how much trouble would I find myself in?
>>
>>48323781
>>48323789

Because I'm getting fucking sick and irrational about this idiotic piece of shit trying to drive off one of my friends.

Sorry about that.

>>48323802
I know Wakfu Anon's been having the same problem, unsure what their solution was.
>>
>>48323825
>>48323665

And now you're false-flagging anon.

What the fuck even is your goal here.
>>
>>48323825
>the troll telling her to kill herself is working for her
...did we just enter the Twilight Zone? Or is this same fagging?
>>
>>48323854
He's a troll, so to be banned, obviously.
>>
>>48323722
really? It ought to be. Whatever.
>>
>>48323907
Simple.

Stir up drama. For any reason, doesn't have to be rational drama.

Just has to be drama.
>>
How does an Overlord style Angel Mage with the full tree, Level 100, Realm of Heroes, and Divine tier equipment stack up in the Narutoverse?
>>
>>48323926
Bullshit! If that's what you wanted you wouldn't be dragging us into this.
>>
>>48323923
You can count on one hand the number of Naruto characters that can do what Ainz is capable of.
>>
>>48320877
SPONTANEOUS CASTER MASTER RACE
>>
File: Justice Has Arrived.png (2MB, 1366x768px) Image search: [Google]
Justice Has Arrived.png
2MB, 1366x768px
>>48319855
....The Fuck man of the spiral?

>>48320002
>>48320688
Oh boy, I'll get to this later.

>>48320877
Most days? No. But I do it on days where I expect it might be useful, as a "just in case" option.
>>
>>48323946
So in other words, I'd stomp most of the setting.
Alright, thanks.
>>
>>48323926
And how should they be? How would you recommend "improving" Red's Jumps?
Also, stop trying to turn this into a gender studies debate.
>>
>>48324056
Please stop feeding the asshole.
>>
>>48324071
Uh huh, sure. I totally believe that you're against Red. You're definitely not falseflagging. Seriously, does anyone buy this guy's shit?
>>
>>48324092
Nope.
>>
>>48323802
I get that from time to time, and it doesn't matter which browser I'm using. When it's being finicky like that I just download the doc I want to read and work with it that way.

>>48323821
You don't have to apologize; I get it. We just have to be smart about how we engage with that shitposter. You can't douse a fire with gasoline.
>>
>>48324071
>Tradition

ITEM-EXCLUSIVE ORIGINS
>>
>>48323907
Because it's not about Red. He wants the thread to go away and attacking Red, or whoever his namefag de jour is, is how he does that.
>>
>>48324071
>Then you turn and nerf our shit.
>/jc/ will never be how you want it, we've moved beyond, and frankly /jc/ is better off for it. You're nothing but a whiny relic
So now she's both the Nerfer who would kill someone for going against tradition, and the Powerwanker burning the good old ways to the ground so her Jump can throw power at Jumpers. Aren't you the consistent one.
>>48324137
She's had more shitstorms directed at her that Bancho. There's a difference.
>>
>>48324167
Yep. Exactly this.

He's done it before, you know. He's attacked Worm, KOTOR, Justice, and a few other namefags when he hasn't targeted THE CRIMSON ONE.
>>
>>48324175
If you're trying to be the next ASA, the least you could do is take a leaflet from his book and IGNORE THE FUCKER.
>>
>>48324175
Please stop. Engaging him only encourages him.
>>
>>48324178
>Justice
He hasn't targeted me, no one's targeted me. Because I'm forgettable.
Or maybe it's because I call myself an asshole, I dunno.
>>
>>48324208
Why does everyone assume I'm trying to be ASA?
>>
>>48324208
But... everyone wants to be the next ASA. He's a symbol.
>>
-Point Allocation (1000 CP)
-Student background (900 CP) (Just for the discounts. Not really a part of the combo.)
-Strength x4 (500 CP)
-Brains x1 (500 CP) (One free for Student)
-Shapeshifting (250 CP)
-Kinesis (Biology) (-50 CP)
-Precognition (-350 CP)
-Money (-400 CP) (Just to round it out)
-Friend of the Media (-600 CP) (To make Parker Luck and Mutant less horrible, since the combo notes said that would work)
-Parker Luck (-300 CP)
-Mutant (0 CP)

So, do you think that this would create a working copy of Panacea's power? Kinesis and shapeshifting to get the actual power, the stacked strength to make it strong enough to actually do anything with, and the brains and precognition to make it so you instinctively know what to do to make the changes you want.
>>
>>48324175
STOP.
FUCKING.
FEEDING.
IT.

Here, watch this, get a good idea of what this piece of shit REALLY want.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J4HGeBJKexc

It's a troll that just wants to kill /jc/, because apparently the rest of /tg/ hates us and this loser has way too much time on it's hands.
>>
>>48324235
It's not so much "the rest of /tg/" as "the CYOA general".
Because the General is really weird. They, supposedly, exist to make and talk about CYOAs.
But if a CYOA gets really popular, they boot it to its' own thread so it doesn't take up precious "thread space", like such a thing exists when you can make a new thread.
Then they proceed to bitch and moan about how people in "(Popular CYOA) General" are deviants, freaks, and assholes.
>>
>>48324229
>over-emphasis on a shtick (yours being time, his being stasis)
>over-focus on specific power-granting jumps & trying to create combos to break the Chain
>unnecessary personality creation to set yourself apart
>>
>>48323819
They make it a sport to corrupt heroes into villains.
>>
>>48324233
No, they just go to him when they want to break a jump.
>>
>>48324271
And they bitch endlessly about how all their CYOAs are waifu or lewd shit and how much they hate that, but trying to introduce anything else gets you vilified.
>>
>>48324234
Can't you just pick it up in Worm?
>>
Ok so I made a build for World of Darkenss general (low mages, serial killers, Buddhas, psychics, etc)

I see that there's a cheaper versions of some perks. I assume that some can just be trained to eventually be like the whole perk, but do the ones in pyro/cryo kinesis behave like that even out of jump?

I get that we can just train them to control the emotion thing but does it get easier post-jump?
>>
>>48324271
Which is weird, because one of the recurring CYOA's I see when I look there boils down to "Rape Academy."
>>48324278
I can kind of see how someone would get that impression now.
>>
>>48323821
>>48324133

Thanks. I've been having that issue recently, and wasn't sure if it was just my computer or not, and looking up the problem wasn't helping.
>>
>>48324286
And who's fault is that, his or the anons who keep wanking everything?
>>
>>48324305
Sure, but Worm has a bunch of other great powers, as well, so I'm seeing if I can get it here, instead.
>>
>>48324305
Worm Powers are a precious, scarce, and randomized resource, Anon.
>>
>>48324323
I know you can use the pop-out logo (looks like a box with an arrow replacing one corner) to get it to load quickly in another tab.
>>
>>48324335
I'd legit shank a motherfucker to get a second power buy in that jump.
>>
Does anyone know what changed in a Bloodlines update?
>>
>>48324343
If Worm_Anon would just drop the fucking CP cost, they wouldn't be so bad.
>>
How do I retain my emotions while also removing my soul, so as to avoid having it stolen or used against me?
>>
>>48324271
Don't get me wrong, despite the Lewd and Waifuing of CYOA makers(way worse than any namefag worship you see here) I love CYOA general.
The Necromancer CYOA, before its' big update, is one of my favorite CYOAs of all time. I made a BBEG based off my build in an RP for fuck sake.
But the general has problems.
>>
>>48324368
Nope
>>
>>48324358
You know you can use Sacrificial Bestowment to get your companion's Parahuman powers, Worm anon said that seeing that combo was painful to see though.
>>
>>48324316
>"Rape Academy."

Did they seriously revive that shit.

God, that and Slut Life are why I stopped going to CYOAGen.
>>
>>48324371
You know what I think would be neat? Letting you pick your power for free so long as you wrote out a little 500 word description of why that fits you. Powers in Worm tend to say something about the person who triggered with them, complying with that instead of just choosing the one that you want the most could be a neat way to do it.
>>
>>48324387
>The Necromancer CYOA, before its' big update
Toilet paper liches.
>>
>>48324402
Well fuck him, he shouldn't make it such a pain to get the god damn power we want in Worm.
>>
File: suprised slime people.png (1MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
suprised slime people.png
1MB, 1920x1080px
>>48324278
Gasp. I only have the first of those. (and maybe arguably the last.)

Now I know what I've been doing wrong. This must be rectified! To the Slime-Mobile!
>>
>>48324402
And believe you me that if I had companions during that jump I'd have been all over that. Unfortunately Worm is early enough in my chain that I don't have any companions yet.
>>
>>48324371
He said something about lowering the cost of choosing from 200 per roll to 150 per roll, so that the total cost for picking would align with the amount of CP companions get from importing them. Well he responded positively to that suggestion at least.
>>
>>48324400
WELL THEN.
>>
>>48324415
>>48324371
>>48324433
I'm not sure Worm_Anon's been given any motivation to give away more stuff considering recent treatment.
>>
>>48324402
>Sacrificial Bestowment
Sacrificial Bestowment?
>>
>>48324358
Well technically if you take Thanatos can you can shank a bitch for another power.
>>48324383
Wouldn't taking out your soul just make it easier to steal?
>>48324415
That seems like a entertaining idea, and I would totally do that for the QA Power.
>>
Speaking of updates, was the DxD one ever finished?
>>
>>48324420
>Spoiler
Those liches are best liches prove me wrong faggots.
>>
>>48324433
Even if he said that he also supported the anon who did it that way, he didn't rule against it just because combo bothered him or anything.
>>
>>48324470
A boring perk from SMT that people just use to make them and their companions completely homogeneous in powerset.
>>
>>48324405
They did.
It's not even a good CYOA, in my personal opinion. Too many mechanics and points to juggle.

>>48324420
Nah, I hardlined the Pharaoh path. It seemed fun.
Overlord CYOA is also fun, I always go the Cult/Godhood path when I make a build.

>>48324415
>Blink is a Mover Power
>Mover Powers tend to arise from someone trying to run away from something, or to "escape" in a philosophical sense.
>In my Canon any time I use an Orgin I'm merging with an alternative version of Myself, Me had I been born under those circumstances.
>I attempted to commit Suicide when I was a teenager, seems like "running away" enough for a Mover power to me.
>>
File: High School DxD.pdf (1B, 486x500px)
High School DxD.pdf
1B, 486x500px
>>48324473
It never was. Strike left it as is because he kept getting shat on.
>>
>>48324415
>Letting you pick your power for free so long as you wrote out a little 500 word description of why that fits you.
Game of Alice go and stay go.
>>
>>48324415
That'd be cool.

>>48324433
>That Guy detected
Is this whole thing just a mindless power fantasy to you?
Do you not actually care about the stories you become a part of?
I mean, the powers offered in the Worm Jump are very high tier, seriously.
Any one of them could put you in the top 5% of Parahumans, and you're butthurt over the a paltry sum of 400 cp MAX to get the power you want? Jesus. You're sad.

>>48324482
>prove me wrong
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xYojICojGhc

You can't get away with being a mummy unless you're Amon Top-Kek.
>>
>>48324493
>boring perk
Hey, you take that back! Some people just use it to give people cool Demi-Fiend looks, and glorious Herald powers to go with it.

It's a fun, versatile perk. It's not the perk or jumpmaker's fault it keeps getting used for boring stuff.

Personally I ruled it can't grant itself, because that's just silly. But whatever, houserules.
>>
>>48324516
Huh, funny that - treat people like shit, get less content or content never finished.
>>
>>48324516
So, like, is it valid? I mean, if it's unfinished?
>>
>>48322656
Omar comin'!
>>
>>48324539
And yet we keep doing it anyway.
>>
>>48324527
I miss Amon Top-Kek he was amusing.
>>
>>48324527
Not that guy, but that's wrong, some of those powers are just shit.
Roll for powers is also incredibly stupid.
>>
>>48324546
Supposedly it's jumpable as is. Strike-chan just got demotivated from finishing the rest because people kept getting on their ass about Changeling.
>>
>>48324493
Ohhh, right. The magatama perk, right?
>>
>>48324527
>Another Egyptian path
MY BROTHER!
Which Companion did you take? I went with the priestess, because I will not stand for Competition from m Companions. I am the new God-King!
>>
>>48324493
A perk is boring because it can be abused in a way that makes companion focused builds viable? Without something like this all companions inevitably become too weak to stand shoulder to shoulder with a jumper unless they do some shit like pod Saitama.
>>
>>48324405
>Slut Life
I did Slut Life before jumpchain and used the meta option for a CP boost.
>>
>>48324567
Do you care to point out the ones you think are shit, so I can show you a canon power that's REALLY shit?
>>
>>48324524
Game of Alice? All that comes up is American Mcgee's Alice.
>>48324535
I tend to use it to give protagonists or my favourite characters shiny new powers, and Jane Capstone Boosters.
>>48324539
I know, strange how that happens.
>>48324567
Which powers?
>>48324580
Yep.
>>
>>48324493
>Badwrongfun
>>
>>48324234
Anyway, we kind of got off topic. Do you guys think that this combo would work?
>>
>>48324634
Did I say that's it's wrong to use it that way, or that I personally find it boring?
>>
>>48324600

I don't even know what to say. I'm not mad, I'm not disappointed, neither of those'd be helpful...
I'm just... this is a new low.
>>
>>48324630
The write 500 words to get points or freebies thing is from a CYOA from general. One of the releases is called a game of alice.
>>
>>48324599
It's boring because it's strong, and unless you're constantly reminded of how weak you really are no matter how much power you actually have and go out of your way not to use options that happen to be powerful, then clearly you're doing jumpchain incorrectly.
>>
>>48324634
No, it's Boringfun
It's not bad or wrong, just fucking boring. The Professor Binns of perks.
>>
>>48324606
>>48324630
For one, corrosive touch.
>>
>>48324682
>Can eat into endbringers
>Shit
>>
>>48324676
You're boring.
>>
>>48324682
Disintegrating whatever you want, ignoring durability and including energy?
>>
>>48324676
But how else would I give all my companions the Growth power from YJ? I need Godzilla cat fights anon. Those cities should feel honored to be sacrificed for such glory.
>>
>>48324644
Probably, yeah. Looks like it'd work to me atleast.

But of course, I'm not Marvel_Anon
>>
>>48324682
You mean the one that can severely damage Endbringers with a touch? One of the only powers capable of doing anything to them at all?
>>
>>48324723
>I need Godzilla cat fights anon
...I need to take a break from 4chan because I read this as Kaiju monstergirls fighting for anon's attention and love.
>>
>>48324698
>This person disagrees with me
>therefor they absolutely must be someone I hate
>FOR MY INSECURITIES TELL ME SO
>>
>>48324751
Then you read it correctly, I imagine.
>>
>>48324751
pretty sure that's exactly what he's saying
>>
>>48324751
Jumpers get bored, such things are bound to happen.
>>
>>48324721
Your mother's boring.
>>
>>48324699
>>48324722
>>48324745
And you die instantly for trying. Chains over.
>>
>>48324751
Reminds me of that "Kaifu" CYOA over in the general.
>>
>>48324682
>A power that can dissolve both matter and energy, is precise enough to make doors with, has no Manton limit except for use on yourself, and is strong enough to hurt an Endbringer 'pretty badly'.
>Shit
Biter has a stretching power that let's him make his limbs a little bit bigger than normal, and if he goes too far or uses it too long, it causes permanent damage, and chronic pain.
That's what a shit power looks like, son.
>>48324785
>A power is complete shit if I can't skullfuck the strongest thing in the setting!

>>48324698
>REEEEEEE DON'T NOT LIKE WHAT I LIEK REEEEEEE!

>>48324721
Are you butthurt because of an opinion? Kek.
>>
File: Doomrider.png (441KB, 600x480px) Image search: [Google]
Doomrider.png
441KB, 600x480px
>>48324751
....I approve of these shenanigans.
>>
>>48324755
Problem? Just turn your trip back on so we can all get to ignoring.

Jumpchain's about power now. Get over it.
>>
>>48324769
>>48324770
They're not necessarily real Kaiju/Monstergirls as written. They're just big girls. 4u
>>
>>48324723
Well that's an entertaining use for it, though I question why you aren't also including shapeshifter from Gunnerkrigg Court so they can be 3000 feet tall.
>>48324785
Doesn't that contradict the "Precise control" bit? Unless you are talking about the natural consequences for trying to play tag with an Endbringer when you aren't Clockblocker.
>>
>>48324785
Man, if your standard for how good a power is in Worm is whether or not it can let you survive fighting an Endbringer, then every power is shit.
>>
>>48324785
What is 'using touched-based attacks at a distance' for two thousand, Alex?
>>
>>48324785
Maybe if you only use that specific power and literally nothing else.
>>
>>48324817
ah yes, kaiju sized girls is a technically different thing. Which is to say the same thing barring technicality.
>>
>>48324822
>>48324823
>>48324826
>>48324839
You can't base an argument on how it can damage endbringers and then turn around and make me out to be the idiot when I point out that you fucking die if you try to use it like that.
>>
>>48324826
Touch-based attacks at a distance? Where could you get something like that?

I have so much stuff that'd benefit from that.
>>
>>48324881
Depending on how you interpret it, Telekinesis in the Young Justice jump does that. It says you can manipulate objects as if you were touching them.
>>
>>48324822
>3000 feet tall
That seems like it would make it less entertaining actually, if the difference in size between the girls and the surroundings got too big the whole thing would lose it's impact. Also it would be pretty hard to watch. I suppose adding more size perks would be good if I ever want to see them just step on a city but that wouldn't be as much fun
>>
>>48324869
My argument is that it fucks anybody who relies on durability to win fights, and it's the one of the only powers offered where you would even inconvenience them, other than possibly Warp Spasm.
>>48324905
Well it's shapeshifting, so it could be anywhere between normal size and the cap.
>>
>>48324785
That's if you're an idiot who uses it directly on Behemoth with nothing to protect you from him taking advantage of his kill area. Meanwhile Simurgh might be able to pull something, but would take time and effort to do so, and won't be able to see what you're going to do to counteract whatever she does, assuming she can manage it in time. Leviathan meanwhile at most can bravely run away, considering he's stuck using boring old kinetic damage and drowning.
>>
>>48324785
Why are people so easily baited by you?
>>
How would Behemoth handle having a full size Stellar Fusion thrown at him?
>>
>>48324956
Probably with Joy.
>>
And now we're Bringerposting again.
>>
>>48324956
His power is absolute control of energy. He'd just absorb it or toss it back or use it to fuel some expression of his own power.
>>
>>48324970
Use a sphere of annihilation. The end.
>>
>>48324785
>>48324799
Also, Corrosive Contact let's you dissolve matter AND energy. Possibly even kinetic energy.
It's basically Entropy: the Power.
>Any projectile or physical attack.
It's dissolved.
>Leviathan sends a wave your way.
It's dissolved.
>Behemoth tries to blast you with heat or electricity.
It's dissolved. Unless he blast's you from the inside. Point there.
>Simurgh…
Well you got me on that one. It can't protect you from the Simurgh's mindfuck.

But it's not like you'd be 1v1ing these monsters.

>>48324869
You DO realize that Endbringers are supposed to be HARD to fight in direct combat, right?
Enbringer fights have a 25% mortality rate on average for Parahumans.

Corrosive Contact has great survivability/rescue applications in a fight like that. It means they have to get up close and personal to even hurt you, and then it's like they're trying to destroy a red-hot coal with their bare hands.

If this is the only argument you have, I'm sorely disappointed.

>>48324956
Easily. His power is Dynakinesis (energy manipulation), and you're handing him a fuck-ton of energy.
Try Leviathan or the Simurgh, it'll melt them, probably.
>>
>>48324991
>Simurgh
How to waifu?
>>
>>48324991
This sounds like it might just be one of the uber wanks that Worm_Anon was talking about when he said he needed to clarify things in the update.
>>
>>48324991
Leviathan has a 25% mortality rate. Behemoth has higher. Simurgh has less.
>>
>>48325044
Was your entire goal to get people to defend a power then say 'hurr no you're wanking it it's shit' just as a bait and switch?
>>
>>48325018
A Heart of my own from Kingdom Hearts, Maid of Heart from Sburb, that makes me feel... from Generic Childrens Television, and a lot of charisma/ romance perks.
>>48325050
*With the condition that most of the issues with her attack will come later on.
>>
>>48325018
Tell her you'll kill Scion as a dowry.

>>48325044
Its range is five feet and you have to be consciously using it, like most other powers. Also if memory serves it was only manifest in whatever Scrub touched with his hands.
>>
>>48325018
First, wait until Eidolon dies. Don't kill him yourself because the Endbringers might be predisposed to murdering you. Then, be the first to make contact with her. Then it's up to your charisma perks to do the work.
>>
>>48325044
Maybe if you listen to badwrongfun people like Red who's forcing these "clarifications" to fuck us over.
>>
>>48324869
They used the endbringer to show what you can damage, and the fact it literally says that in the text. When you're taking it as it can only touch the endbringers and not even considering the other shit it can do. So yea you kinda are the idiot.
>>
>>48325075
>Scrub
It's a power owned by a canon person?

Tell us about this Scrub. How ineffectual and awful is he?
>>
>>48325044
Hopefully not. I was pretty stoked for the new origins, but the 'clarifications' (read: nerfs) that he was posting about made me flaccid right quick.
>>
>>48324950
Because it's not bait?

Corrosive Touch is just a shitty ability compared to any other power in the Worm jump, and if you roll for it than you're stuck with a shitty power by RNG.

>>48324991
That's wank though. You're attributing way more power to it than it actually has. Corrosive Touch is just that; a touch range ability that can dissolve matter.

It has no practical value for anything besides the one niche application of damaging Uber durable opponents, and they kill you instantly at that range anyway.

It has no applicability towards mundane or powerful opponents that have any range at all to speak of, no outside of combat utility, no creative application; in other words, it's just shitty when set beside any of the other shards that are actually worth anything.
>>
>>48325088
Isn't Scrub's power replacing portions of space with alternate versions of the same space?
>>
>>48324956
He'd laugh at you for giving him a little snack. You'd be better throwing a jumper fiat warp grenade at him, that's how I deal with most of my problems. Also to answer a question of how to get jumper fiat warp grenades, tech powers + knowledge to create the grenade. Or use the STC Printer from The Imperium, either or would enforce the 40k physics for a couple seconds. I've still been wondering if Behemoth just absorbed all the Warp energy though.
>>
>>48325082
Because it doesn't matter if it can harm endbringers if it can't be used for anything else and trying to use it that way will get you killed.

It's a power with no practical value.
>>
>>48325088
It isn't. Crux is getting confused, Scrub's power was ranged attacks by dimensional warping, basically teleporting bits of a target away into another dimension. And he was actually really effective, having a combat power that few opponents could block and massive synergy with Labyrinths powers that let him make permanent dimensional portals. His main limitation was that he himself was a strung out druggy and couldn't really focus on anything very well. His power was great.
>>
>>48325050
Leviathan kills less but does the most actual damage when he succeeds. Simurgh probably does more to destabilize things and Behemoth kills more capes but Leviathan is the one that sinks island countries.
>>
And now we're back to shitting on Worm_Anon. Step right up, step right up. Who are we gonna target next?
>>
>>48325088
It's based on his power, it is DEFINITELY not his power. He's a drug addict, in a gang that is based around being drug addicts, and he can remove five foot holes of matter in anything he touches. It's theorized that he is swapping space out with an alternate earth instead of breaking down matter entirely, because physics or some bullshit. Our version does literally destroy the matter, however, because we aren't limited to Tattletale's puny understanding of physics.

>>48325104
You can use this to destroy ANY MATTER YOU TOUCH and you think it's shitty? What the fuck, are you pissed off because there's no Kryptonian DNA option in the Worm powers or something?
>>
>>48324956
That's like trying to beat Leviathan with a water gun.
>>
>>48325140
It is a touch range ha ha fuck you.
>>
File: 09861342321.jpg (10KB, 300x163px) Image search: [Google]
09861342321.jpg
10KB, 300x163px
>>48325018
Pic Related
>>48325044
>3 & 4: Corrosive Contact - Your touch hyper-accelerates and optimizes entropy in targets, which for most means they almost instantly disintegrate. This power can effect contiguous material up to five yards away from the point of contact, and your precision with it is enough to do things like casually carve out new doorways with a tap. This power is enough to almost ignore simple physical durability, although beings like the Endbringers will "merely" be hurt pretty bad by it. Works on energy just as easily as matter, and you lack any Manton Limit to stop you from effecting living beings. You're completely immune of course, and have perfect control over this ability.

You tell me where I'm reading this wrong.

>>48325050
That's why I said 'on average'.

>>48325068
That's what it seems like, doesn't it?

>>48325075
5 yards, man. 5 yard range.

>>48325088
Corrosive Contact is like Scrub's power's cooler older brother.
Scrub can swap pieces of matter between realities, and can ignore the Manton Limit. His power has shitty aim, though.
Despite this he was able to put down Crawler for minute, before Crawler regenerated his brain.

>>48325104
See above in my post.
>>
>>48325136
Is warp energy mundane? Is it composed solely of electrons and heat and quarks and whatever other gay shit science bitches love? Because if it is, Behemoth would probably just absorb it. If not, it'll probably bypass his defenses and kill him, or at least fuck him up pretty bad.
>>
>>48325148
Behemoth=Hero Killer
Leviathan=City Killer
Simurgh=Mind/Morale Killer
>>
I knew mentioning my power would be a bad idea, because it has given our shitposter inspiration to use it as bait.
>>
>>48325104
>It has no practical value for anything besides the one niche application of damaging Uber durable opponents, and they kill you instantly at that range anyway.
You just need to poke them to make them significantly less alive.
> It has no applicability towards mundane or powerful opponents that have any range at all to speak of, no outside of combat utility, no creative application; in other words, it's just shitty when set beside any of the other shards that are actually worth anything.
You can use it to tunnel through the ground or any barriers to get under them so you can bad touch them/ make a hole for you to shoot through, use it for search and rescue, demolition, or really emergency surgery. You can use it to carve things very precisely.
>>
>>48325181
Oh shit, my bad. A five meter range is MUCH better than a five foot range.

Also perfect control = touch a wall and carve ornate and perfect runes into it ready for you to magically charge, make sculptures, etc.
>>
Can I change my Keyblade's shape somehow? They have neat powers, but who's going to take me seriously if I'm swing a cartoon key at people?
>>
>>48325212
Sburb alchemy is your friend: learn it, know it, use it, love it.
>>
>>48325212
That's why you hit them with the key and show your opponents true pain. Being underestimated is a good thing.
>>
File: The fun begins.jpg (1MB, 1896x1066px) Image search: [Google]
The fun begins.jpg
1MB, 1896x1066px
>MFW I rolled Sting contact for my Aegislash
>MFW I rolled Assimlation for a Mega Metagross
>MFW I rolled Stellar Fusion for an Arcanine
>MFW I rolled Sting for a Lucario
>MFW I rolled Soft Physics for myself

I think I got lucky as fuck with my rolls, they all seemed to work really well with who got them.
>>
>>48325198
Yeah, that's gotta blow.

>>48325211
More like 4.5 meters.
It's yards, man. YARDS.
Know how I know you're not an American?
Because you don't use the same retarded system I do.
>>
>>48324725
Awesome. Thanks.
>>
>>48325241
OH MY GOD THEY'RE PRACTICALLY THE SAME LENGTH WHO IS GOING TO BE UPSET OVER NINE CENTIMETERS.

insert bad mom jokes here, you know you're going to.
>>
>>48325212
There are keyblades that are literally just swords with filigree to give it a key head and one that's an actual sword with notches that make it look like a car key. You can make keyblades that are less obviously goofy.
>>
>>48325181
>Pic Related
No, I am a jumper. I have an obligation to waifu everything including horrifying monsters and even reality itself. If someone/something is not an attractive women now there is are perks to rectify that minor issue.
>>
>>48325160
>You can use this to destroy ANY MATTER YOU TOUCH and you think it's shitty?
Yes.

Because it doesn't do that. Stop wanking it so hard.

That power doesn't have any real use. Why the fuck would you want to destroy all matter you touch? What is that even useful for? Killing things you weren't otherwise already able to kill?

They'll still kill you before you can do anything at all to them because you don't have nearly as much durability as you do offensive power, and you vastly overestimate your actual offensive power.
>>
>>48325140

Yeah but once you're out of Worm you can use it on Darkseid or Superman or basically anyone you want to kill right the fuck now.

It's a simple one note power, but it's a really good one in its wheelhouse. I mean I'd take Doormaker or Crawler's powers over it sure, but considering you could end up with fucking Velocity's powerset I think 'death/entropy touch' is pretty solidly mid-tier.
>>
>>48325185
>Is warp energy mundane?
>Is it composed solely of electrons and heat and quarks and whatever other gay shit science bitches love?
It's basically made of "Fuck You" and suddenlydaemons.gif. I think I heard it actively fucks physics up too. So, no, not anywhere close to mundane.
>>
>>48325271
But no matter what, they will have a terrible handle.
>>
>>48325185
It's the warp, given it wouldn't be the 40k fucked up warp but a new warp that exists within the worm verse. So as far as I'm aware it is literally just souls and magic joo joo.

Warhammer wiki says;
>Warpspace is a dimension of random energy known as Chaos. It is the domain of the Gods of Chaos. The Warp is without form and with its own fluid laws of time and space. Its energies are in constant turmoil, subject to endless disturbances.

So not sure what random energy really encompasses.
>>
>>48325236
I literally have no idea what that is.

>>48325237
Anon, some of us go out of our way to look cool, not be Skitter.

>>48325271
Can you get rid of the stupid hand guards that fuck up your ability to hold it?
>>
>>48325240
The Justice Lords-
Alice-Brainwave-Hero, Freebies, Paid for Thinker rolled for Mathematical Calulation, Munchkin
Trisha-Fox-Hero, Freebies, Rolled for Master and Thought Implantation, Blending In
Akitsu-Fedorable-Hero, Freebies, Rolled for Thinker and Path to Victory, Nothing Personal Just Business
Mera-Reflection-Hero, Freebies, Rolled for Stranger and Memory Blanking, Always a Market
Neliel-Ram-Drop-in, Freebies, Rolled for Striker and Stasis, Spanner in the Works
Sarah Kerrigan-Queen of Blades-Drop-in, Rolled for Striker and Biosculpter, Perfect Communication Skills

"Unknown" Allies-
Azula-Red Spirit-Villain, Freebies, Rolled for Breaker and Soft Physics, Parahuman Feudalism
Dante-Half n Half-Rogue, Freebies, Rolled for Shaker and Topography Manipulation, Best in the Business

Most of my Companions rolled really appropriate powers.
Or Hilarious ones.
>>
>>48325287
>it doesn't do that
>destroy all matter you touch

Uh... kinda contradicting yourself there, friend.
>>
>>48325289
>Yeah but once you're out of Worm you can use it on Darkseid or Superman or basically anyone you want to kill right the fuck now.
Worm's planning to inforce Manton limits post-jump.
>>
>>48325317
There is a canon keyblade with a half-guard, so you should be able to do that too.
>>
>>48325287
>They'll still kill you before you can do anything at all to them because you don't have nearly as much durability.

Sure if you take it as an early jump and don't actually plan/ make combos. Do you think people literally only have their worm power when they hit worm? And if you can't think of useful uses of destroying all and any matter and energy you touch you really are just trying to shitpost.
>>
So I'm working on a Moon Hunters jump, kind of stuck on the ideas for items. For the most part you don't get items in that game, there are a few key items related to quests but nothing that's actually useful. It's stuff like "letter from this dead guy to his sisters", things with personal value but no actual use. Should I make up items that fit the setting but aren't in the game, or is it okay to not have an items section at all?
>>
>>48325351
1. The power's manton limit would be 'can't effect yourself' just like Parian's.

2. Worm said he was reconsidering that, so you're just shitposting now.
>>
>>48325351
That power doesn't have a manton limit to begin with, also he changed his mind about that.
>>
>>48325287
>Because it doesn't do that.
Just fuckin' read the gaddamn description, man.

>3 & 4: Corrosive Contact - Your touch hyper-accelerates and optimizes entropy in targets, which for most means they almost instantly disintegrate. This power can effect contiguous material up to five yards away from the point of contact, and your precision with it is enough to do things like casually carve out new doorways with a tap. This power is enough to almost ignore simple physical durability, although beings like the Endbringers will "merely" be hurt pretty bad by it. Works on energy just as easily as matter, and you lack any Manton Limit to stop you from effecting living beings. You're completely immune of course, and have perfect control over this ability.

It can nearly instantly destroy contiguous mundane matter and energy at a distance of up to 5 yards, and a single tap on a surface is enough to carve a doorway.

This is about as far from a shit power as you can get.
Like >>48325289 I'd rather have a different power myself, like one of the Tinker abilities, but CC has undeniable merit.
Just use your imagination. And read the damn description.

>>48325351
Obvious half-truths and falsehoods are obvious.
>>
>>48325375
Just skip out on items or have an anemic item section. I understand your pain.
>>
>>48325375
Maybe offer stuff you encounter in the enviroment or something?
>>
>>48325375
>Moon Hunters
Instantly thought of Heavens after reading that. God they'll have a fucking blast in that jump, literally.
>>
>>48325445
...Is that title literal? Will Heavens finally fulfill his destiny of destroying all moons in a glorious rampage of moon-busting?
>>
File: image.png (106KB, 346x327px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
106KB, 346x327px
Guys.

Did you know Johnny Bravo had a Stand?

"Too Much Monkey Business"
>>
>>48325372
You aren't supposed to judge the value of a power by how you can make it better with combos against just the other powers in Worm. Tinker powers are more useful for tech jumpers, but those aren't being accounted for here, only the powers themselves relative to each other.

>>48325400
Maybe in a vacuum, but compared to the other powers in the jump, it's garbage. It has no non combat applications, and those combat applications are undeniably within a vary narrow range. All it can do is close range destruction.
>>
>>48325489
What can it do?
>>
>>48325264
If the penis is already 4.5 meters, she already has a reason to be upset.
>>48325287
>Because it doesn't do that. Stop wanking it so hard.
>instantly disintegrate. This power can effect contiguous material up to five yards away from the point of contact, and your precision with it is enough to do things like casually carve out new doorways with a tap. This power is enough to almost ignore simple physical durability
That's just silly.
>Why the fuck would you want to destroy all matter you touch? What is that even useful for?
Doing a Kool-aid man Impression on your enemies, opening locks, and carving things.
>Killing things you weren't otherwise already able to kill?
I guess you could use it for that as well.
>They'll still kill you before you can do anything at all to them because you don't have nearly as much durability as you do offensive power
First, why are you so sure they are just as strong as they are durable. They aren't entwined for everyone. Also, why don't you have a companion or ally pin them down so you can take them out?
>and you vastly overestimate your actual offensive power.
We're just reading the power.
>>
>>48325430
Maybe. I could offer some of the shrines you run into, I suppose.

>>48325445
The Drop In tree is based on the Sun Cult. The capstone lets you make fiery magitech, based off a line in the artbook that Mardokh's lava-mecha in the final boss fight is the result of him applying new discoveries in thermodynamic science to the process of magic. Maybe I should add a line saying that with a lot of work you might be able to reproduce the ritual that destroyed the moon.

>>48325480
Sort of. The villains have killed the moon, who is both a giant rock in the sky and a spirit. You're hunting for a way to resurrect her.
>>
>>48325480
Captain Heavens-lock: All the moons in the sky are enemies
>>
>>48325492
>You aren't supposed to judge the value of a power by how you can make it better with combos

At no point did I say combo the worm power, I was talking about the no durability you posted. And even then make friends with a flying cape or a speedster in jump and you can completely ignore that slow movement shit you've been talking about. Hell once they realize just how much damage you can do to anything they'd put the biggest capes they have on defending duty. You're just arguing for the sake of it now and aren't even trying to think through possibilities of in setting or out of setting stuff.
>>
I hate to bring up worm again, but from what I have seen in thread you can't kill the endbringers without accessing the (dimension?)where they keep the majority of their body. If this is accurate how do you access this space to finish them off? Although I am aware this could be very wrong as I have not read worm myself.
>>
>>48325508
> reproduce the ritual that destroyed the moon.
Oh I wasn't referring to anything about the game. I was just saying our resident moon destroyer, HeavensAnon, would have a blast if the title is literal.
>>
>>48325504
It is capable of replicating actions of the chosen people in its range. That, combined with it being a Close Range type stand makes it quite powerful, especially as through mimicking shooting a projectile it can do the same, thus "increasing" it's range.

It's quite a potent stand.

Piercing yourself with the arrow again grants it power to force others to mimic it or the user.
>>
Are Mystic's in Dragonlance basically divine Sorcerers? Can they cast in armor?
>>
>>48325561

That's Scion, the Endbringers are all in one dimension they're just fuckhuge durable. Scion isn't particularly durable but every time you hit the golden man you're just punching out a fistful of his Africa-sized bodymass in another dimension.
>>
>>48325492
>It has no non combat applications,
>What is Search and Rescue, and Demolition

>those combat applications are undeniably within a vary narrow range
Fair enough, I'm not sure how you'd go about subduing normals with it. You'd probably hurt them pretty badly. Unless you went about dissolving the ground beneath their feet.

>All it can do is close range destruction.
There can be purpose in destruction. Hell, with this power you could even help clean up toxic spills or radioactive waste.

You're not being very imaginative. I'm sorry the power you rolled isn't to your liking, but that doesn't make it 100% shit like you're claiming.
>>
>>48325611
Yes and yes.
>>
>>48325614
At least it isn't stellar fusion. That's actually shit.
>>
>>48325561
IIRC Endrbingers have a core of some kind. Destroy that and they die, like can't come back dead. Using the Curoch weapon from Night Angel should do the trick. Or any form of magic really. Magic doesn't exist in setting so there would be very little or minimal resistance.
>>
File: image.jpg (71KB, 600x450px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
71KB, 600x450px
>>48323625
You can still find them. They became the flood. They bioengineered themselves to be a parasitic lifeform as kinda of a test. If you found a cure, you won the right to "The Mantle". Forerunners were jealous the fact they weren't selected, Ancient Humanity was. In fact Ancient Humanity did find cute for the Flood, they did find a way to communicate with the Gravemind that was the last Precursor. While they were behind the Forerunners, they quickly caught up. Unfortunately they discovered the cure too late, Forerunner basically blitzed them. In retaliation they destroyed the cure. Forerunners then de-civilized humanity, forcing us to the Stone Age.

Halo's lore is all over the place.
>>
>>48325573
Oh, so you're not familiar with the game? I thought you had played it. It's pretty cool, imagine if the Legend of Zelda was a roguelike inspired by Fallen London. You've got three days to save the world by adventuring through a randomly-generated world inspired by ancient Mesopotamia, and your stats are actually your character's legend. At the end of each session you get a rundown of how history will remember your character based on what stats you've built up and what sidequests you've completed. The game has its flaws, the random nature means it's possible to begin a sidequest and never run into the conditions to end it, but I still think it was worth the ten bucks on Steam.
>>
>>48325666
That's stupid.
>>
Jumpers, with both your vast cosmic powers, and your position in the setting, have you ever done something relatively minor/petty, like make sure your favorite ship got together, or making sure a minor/one off character that died or disappeared that you liked stuck around/survive?
>>
>>48325640
I gotta say, that one really doesn't have any use but pure destruction.
Maybe energy generation if combined with some advanced tech.
And there's the obvious aesthetic of a pretty little ball of light and heat.
Plus if you gather up the other 'make a sun' perks/power in the other jumps, you could have three of those things at once, just circling you.
The passive heat normalization effect is nice though. Just walk into a burning building with an air tank on your back, drag the victims out.
Best fireman ever.
>>
>>48325666
That's not totally correct, satan.

>You can still find them. They became the flood.

I was referring to their constructs, namely, the star roads.

> If you found a cure, you won the right to "The Mantle". Forerunners were jealous the fact they weren't selected, Ancient Humanity was. In fact Ancient Humanity did find cute for the Flood, they did find a way to communicate with the Gravemind that was the last Precursor.

That's... really not true. They didn't find a cure to the flood, there was no cure to the flood. The flood just chose not to kill them, because it chose them for the mantle, and the forerunners for extinction, due to other (read: unknown) reasons.
>>
>>48325670
Actually that sounds pretty cool. How will the jump work though? The time thing that is, will we do a jump in jump every 3 days or is ours 10 years before we get the rundown?
>>
>>48325683
I routinely use level 5 MtA Fate magic to fuck with petty douchebags and reward honest hard working people.
>>
>>48325714
Keep the star small enough to fit inside the null heat field and it becomes a simply absurd melee weapon. Stellar Rasengan!
>>
>>48325720
They got chosen because they had the guts to sacrifice themselves to stop the flood.
>>
>>48325720
>>48325754
So have they reneged on that or something? Because the Flood in the games seems to be perfectly intent on killing of humans along with everything else.
>>
>>48325772
I don't think that 'new' humanity has proven itself yet to the flood, they consider them a separate entity.
>>
>>48323410
Can't find the chinese raws for devil survivor yet, but apparently Beldr tried to use his Flame to burn the mistletoe away that the protag was using in their battle. Only a little bit of it remained. Jack Frost froze it into a tip of an ice dagger which protag used to pierce through Beldr.

Also, here is proof that it's lower power:

Fooking Belzeboul is weak. His Flies attack is weak as all fuck now, it's not Instadeath, but a lasting effect and it can be cured by Amrita or any effect that gets rid of status ailments. And I checked, you can actually NOT be infected with bugs when he uses Spawn, so Curse resistance helps with that.

Mind you, this is the same dude as the dude from Nocturne and DDS.
>>
>>48325754
Yes, but the forerunners were willing to do the same.

Ultimately, the forerunners fill the trope of THE OLD ONES, who always move in mysterious ways. Which makes the precursors THE EVEN OLDER ONES, who move in really retarded ways.

>>48325772

After 100k years, their goals changed, as did their means of accomplishing them. It could be that it was all meant to temper humanity, or that they decided we were unworthy, or it is part of our ascension, or the new gravemind is a rogue tendril of a much larger entity.
>>
>>48325489
/co//co/ please go.
>>
>>48325795
Dude, the forerunners tried to fight them conventionally until they were completely fucked, then they decided the best option was to kill everything in the galaxy (universe?) to beat the flood. That's not really the same, that's just proving how crap they were.
>>
>>48325721
I was thinking of having the jump take place before Mardukh kills the Moon. That way you're not running on a time limit and have a chance to make peace with the Sun Cult early. The best ending for the game has the Moon Tribes and Sun Cult ally after the Moon is resurrected, so it's possible (there's also the "Seduce Mardukh" ending that you can do if your character has the Seductive trait and a high enough Charisma score). The lore of the game refers to the conflict with the Sun Cult going on for much longer than the three days that the game focuses on, both before and (depending on what ending you get) after the Moon's death, so there will still be plenty of action if you don't want to make peace. Plus there are spirits, monsters, gods and demons, and a strange land full of wonders to explore. Oh, that's an idea I could do for items! Let you buy one of the landmarks to take with you as a Warehouse attachment, like how Civilization had the items be the Wonders. Yeah, that would be cool, I'd love to be able to take the Tyrant's End or the Bridge of Heaven along with me to later jumps. I'm going to do that.
>>
>>48325821
Humanity fought the flood using conventional means, and IIRC they glassed a few forerunner planets with the beginnings of an infestation. The halo array being fired is just that, scaled up.

Oh man, a jump to ancient halo could be fun.
>>
>>48325666
>>48325720
I thought the Flood just came out of nowhere?
And that the 'cure' that Ancient Humanity made was just to turn the Flood on itself, somehow?

How much lore have I missed?
>>
>>48325795

So the precursors are 'THE SENILE OLD ONES'?
>>
>>48325794
Well of course Belzeboul is weaker, he's only level 62. He's also using Spawn, not Death Flies. Death Flies is the instadeath move.
Also, Beelzebub shows up in DS2, and he's level 91, which is only slightly weaker than his Nocturne form, and stronger than his DDS form. All three are lower in level than his SMT 1 form, his weakest, easiest one. So in other words, power levels are bullshit.
Good to hear Beldr actually uses strategy though.
>>
>>48325794
>Please accept my personal interpretation of the game based on non-canon sources from other media and flimsy assumptions
Just fucking stop. Why does this even matter to you?
>>
>>48325859
>I thought the Flood just came out of nowhere?

So, this needs to be explained:

Ancient humanity was allied with ancient prophets. They both found some space powder on a derelict world. They added it to their animals, which made them into wierd-looking but docile pets, which quickly became popular. Those pets later became the flood.

The powder was a creation of the precursors, who were to the forerunners what the forerunners were to us, and this was all part of their master plan. At some point, they decided to give us control of the galaxy and stop fighting us (IIRC) and instead wipe out the forerunners because they fucked them over aeons ago.

Read the forerunner trilogy it's pretty cool.

>>48325896
Yeah... except they can control and build giant metal tentacles that link star systems with their minds and use them to rip planets in half, while powering galaxy-killers with bullshit called "neural physics" and are basically 40k psykers with unlimited shapeshifting capacity, and they are described as giant crab-like beings.

They're not relevant to the jump though, all their shit except the flood is long gone, destroyed by the halo rings.
>>
Rolled 4 (1d8)

>>48297580
141 Primal Rage
The Cliff
Neutral
Mystical Origin(Humanoid Chimera)-50, Elemental Infusion(Fire)-200, Magical Aura -100, Balanced Body,
Consume the Weak, Hear Our Cries!, !!EXTINCTION!! -100, Masters of Urth -400, Inspire,
The Boom Box, The Arcade Machine -50, Treasure Hoard -200, Human Tribe(Followers, Worshipers, Cultists)-500, Livestock -200,
Stupid, Sexy Humans +400, Necrosan Is Coming +400,
My tribe is partying. A lot. Well, looks like I should set them up on my flying island with statues of me and Mantra transmitters. I'll keep an eye out for when Necrosan arives so that I can go and rip him to pieces and tear his soul out and take all his power.
Continue
1 Showa Kamen Rider 1
2 Biomega
3 Macross
4 Order of the Stick
5 Viking Saga
6 Tales of Demons and Gods
7 Sunrider
8 Final Fantasy VII
>>
>>48325935
Ah, time for some D&D based hilarity. I'll need a new 4.
>>
File: destiny.jpg (278KB, 1920x1200px) Image search: [Google]
destiny.jpg
278KB, 1920x1200px
>>48322592

Destiny

Old Russia
Free Choice
18 years old
Drop-In
Awoken
Put Up Your Guns
Pure Art
Traveler's Power 400
Drawn to the Loadstone Rock
No Stranger In This Strange Land 600
Old Soul 800
Traveler's Light 1100
Cryptarch's Teaching 1500
Champion's Prowess 2100
Size Does Matter 2300
Silence is Golden 2700
Grimoire
Ghost
Sparrow
Circlet 2800
Common Armour
Common Weapon
Zubat Syndrome 2700
Story Time's Over 2600
Patrollin' Tryin to Catch Me Ridin' Dirty 2400
It Came From the Moon 2100
Pirates Life For Me! 1600
A Living God 1000

No drawback cap on this one. Build got a bit out of hand.

Dropped in as it seems to get the most out of Traveler's Power (more potential, less initial power and speed of learning the stuff).

Went Awoken because more palette swapped nothuman forms.

Took all the Drop-In perks except Bounty Hunter because gainful employment is for jerks. Amounts to finding shit, being accepted by locals more quickly, being hopeful and charismatic and having an aura of hope and light.

Then there's two Warlock perks, one lets me understand old artefacts and the other makes my supernatural abilities more powerful and refined.

Finally two Titan perks that make me scarier the bigger/quieter I am and a circlet that boost supernatural abilities a little.

My drawbacks amount to fighting a lot of dudes, there being very little lore, Earth being threatened a lot, stuff falling from the moon, being attacked by four armed freaks and there being some ritual on the moon. There's no fail conditions on any of them and 900 CP is resolved straight off the bat by blowing up the moon and another 500 CP is resolved with a simple bit of genocide.

Sort of fucked the galaxy on this one but eh, 10 years is 10 years.
>>
>>48325961
Cats, if you don't mind me asking, for the Adventure Time jump, do we need both Lich and the Empress to pull a "Finn. Walk into the well, Finn. Aren't you cold?" kind of thing? Or just one or the other?
>>
>>48321260
>By the way, is this supposed to be a Dread Doll Golem or something...more sinister? Is it sentient enough to be a companion? Does it react in any other way if, in fact, you're too paranoid to go to sleep WITHOUT it and keep it near you at all times?

It is supposed to be a creepy and possibly sentient or haunted Item. It doesn't affect your behavior, you don't even have to sleep with it out, it will find it's way out on it's own. As such I'll leave it to each person who takes the jump to decide. You can treat it as a Companion if you want, you just can't get rid of it.
>>
>>48325995
Welcome back. I asked >>48321487, could you answer when you've got time?
>>
>>48325961
Another Adventure Time question if you don't mind.

Does Elemental Master give you a form of that element?
>>
>>48325913
The issue is that the jumpmakers from SMT and DS are giving contradictory rulings. SMT anon stated in jump that the reason you couldn't do planetary and universal stuff post jump is because the metaphysics are different out of jump. If you were in the same multiverse with those metaphysics, it stands to reason you would be capable of those feats if other top tiers were as well.

DS anon is actually saying that the different games have distinct powerlevels. Which makes this whole thing pretty fucking confusing.
>>
>>48325989

You could compel him to do something with the Empress version of Vampire Monarch on its own but given the whole "Aren't you cold?" has a certain amount of the creeping despair powers of the Lich in it you'd need that as well to do it properly.

>>48326065
Not in and of itself but you can choose an elemental form in the Identity page if you want to.
>>
If you had a Amazon Durability from Ranma and Durability from Infamous would you be able to shrug off most small arms fire?
>>
>>48325905
Also, how much of the auction/summoning and mechanics are game based and how much is like in manga? Because there, if you abandoned your demon when it's dead, you lose it. At least, Protag couldn't summon his Ogre because it was frozen in park, into icicle.

Also, in Shin Megami Tensei 1, he is in his Baal Zebul form. In Nocturne, he EVOLVES into the giant fly form, at least the summonable one, and it has Death Flies there. The boss is in his Fly form with Death Flies, though, it's just the allied one that has to evolve.

Also if one looks at stats, the SMT II Belzeboul has higher stats than the SMT I one, despite having lower levels.

SMT I levels and power is the issue. Belzeboul in SMT I had level 108 and the Fly version in SMT 2 was level 80. Yet it had three times as much HP and MP, so clearly the levels and level caps were... different? This is hard to say.

Important thing, correct me if I'm wrong, but I noticed that in SMT1, SMT2 and Nocturne, along with Devil Survivors, the stat cap is 40.

Now here's the issue, due to us having SMT jump. As it was confirmed, the 1200 cp races in SMT jump can reach... I forgot exact number but it was about one hundred or so Machs top speed. That's a lot. One of those races is basically becoming Belzeboul.

I think the power level difference in jumps might come from not being sure whether world of SMT jump is the SMT 1, SMT 2 or the SMT 3 power levels. Because I assume if other demons and such in the jump were on SMT 3 power levels instead, then it would be more on par if not stronger at times than Devil Survivor.

>>48325913
Manga is canon, anon.
>>
>>48325445
>>48325480
>>48325509
>>48325573
This. Is my specialty.
>>
>>48326075
Wait a damn second.

>SMT anon stated in jump that the reason you couldn't do planetary and universal stuff post jump is because the metaphysics are different out of jump.

I think I missed that. So how much are you nerfed in other jumps with your powers of this jump?
>>
>>48326113
>Manga is canon, anon.
No it isn't.
>>
>>48326133
No, you aren't allowed in settings with moons anymore.
>>
>>48326110
>Not in and of itself but you can choose an elemental form in the Identity page if you want to.
Would having an elemental form and EM of that element provide some sort of boost?
>>
>>48326164
Not really.

The elemental Elementals tend to be about as powerful as the human(ish) ones.
>>
>>48326111
>Ranma

Also get Bakusai Tenketsu, you'll be immune to blunt force trauma.
>>
>>48326133
Have you gone to Dead Space yet?
Because there are some Moons there that could use a good blasting.
>>
>>48326134
SMT-anon forgets shit. At first he said that 1000 cp races/dormant power is comparable to New 52 Aquaman. Another time he said that 1000 cp races were comparable to battleships. At another point he said they were City-Country level. He's also stated that people should feel free to ignore contradictory rulings unless it's an actual written ruling in the jump. So whichever.
>>
>>48326148
TRY AND STOP ME, ANON.

>>48326199
It's on the to-do list. Just finished uprooting everything wrong with the Black Bullet setting. I now have a continent worth of orphans I need to somehow manage. Tiffania and Daedalus are both thrilled about it, though...
>>
>>48326113
I'd say it's more like the game, to be honest.
See, the way you're looking at it is that power levels are consistent. They're not. The Archangels are stronger than Beelzebub in 1, weaker then him in 2 and 3, and so far beyond him in DS1 that their ARRIVAL would destroy the world, and even kill Abel and Metatron. Just them showing up. Also, it seems that SMT is about on the level of SMT 1, you'd have to ask SMT anon that, but I'm pretty sure that's what level it's on.
>>
>>48321487
I am going to say yes except in a special case. It would protect you form corruption but it would not stop Ravenloft from cursing and blessing you.

As for the psychic question, yes you a free to choose any psychic class.

>>48323819
It will be hard and the land itself with try and break you at every turn. Often those who set out to be heroes find themselves becoming villains. I am not saying it's impossible but it is very hard. The harder you fight the darkness the harder it will fight you.
>>
>>48326253
>I am going to say yes except in a special case. It would protect you form corruption but it would not stop Ravenloft from cursing and blessing you.
Sounds good.

>As for the psychic question, yes you a free to choose any psychic class.
Awesome.

Thanks and good job on the update.
>>
>>48326044

Yeah sorry I realized it would be more efficient to scan down and answer questions in groups. still a bit sleep addled. Your answer is here >>48326253
>>
>>48326231
To be fair, in 1 Belzebub is in his human-like form, and in SMT in the Fly demon form which is stronger. So it could be said that he started lifting in between the two games.

Or, if you consider them separate universes as you should, then he started lifting in the SMT2 universe.

And WHO are the Archangels of the DS1, because I keep being confused. How can they be more powerful than Metatron if Metatron is second only to the god and he SHOWED Up on earth to deliver a message?

And what Route is that Archangel thing in, because I didn't beat all 8th day scenarios yet. I do know that Sariel and Anael appear...

Also, SMT Jump also has Raidou Kuzunoha stuff and the Strange Journey stuff.
>>
>>48326253
That makes me curious: could you be a Spell-to-power variant Erudite?
>>
File: colossus.jpg (241KB, 1920x1218px) Image search: [Google]
colossus.jpg
241KB, 1920x1218px
>>48326189
Is there any limit to how big of a creature we can make with a Elemental Monarch/Archmage/Monstrous Form combo?

You mentioned a flying slime castle one time, could I make a living and walking slime castle?
>>
>>48326231
So if I have the COMP and Nicea, do I have two sets of stats? Do they stack or overlap in that case?

Also, if you have your COMP upgraded to handle Nicea, do you carry over your DS level and skills cracked?
>>
Kamen Rider Shoujo here

More mistakes have happened.
Namely, that my four daughters can as a result of my mucking about with things - including the disaster that is the Prometheus Tri-Memory Driver - with Polity's Biotechnician...

means that they inherit it.

And HeavensAnon positioned the publishing of Parenthood just such... That they did so.

I NEED A PANIC GIF.
>>
File: darren.png (2MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
darren.png
2MB, 1920x1080px
>>48326349
Yeah there'd be a limit, probably around Darren's size. Most of the really big things in Adventure Time are about that big. Not a million miles away from your picture.

You'd actually be able to make a living, walking slime castle with Elemental Monarch (slime) and either Archmage or Brilliant Inventor.
>>
>>48326284

I have a few questions about The Haunted Stone, and the not-import.

1. Is the ghost girl's inability to interact with the world or be noticed by others a permanent trait?

2. Can the ghost girl's ability to sense spirits improve?

3. Can the ghost girl gain class levels like previous companions?

4. Can companions continue to level up after leaving Ravenloft?

5. Can you teach classes to companions that didn't go to Ravenloft (for example if you got them later)?
>>
File: 1416543215278.gif (37KB, 338x358px) Image search: [Google]
1416543215278.gif
37KB, 338x358px
>>48326482
>>
>>48319855
I like that scenario because it'd be exactly what she'd deserve.
>>
File: Laugh.jpg (15KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
Laugh.jpg
15KB, 500x375px
>>48326482
>>
File: Pffttt.jpg (110KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
Pffttt.jpg
110KB, 500x375px
>>48325492
>It has no non-combat applications, and those combat applications are undeniably within a vary narrow range.
>What kind of lame ass power is controlling bugs anyways? The range is limited and could never possibly expand with use over time nor could you ever find a way to use it beyond making bugs and crabs dance for your amusement!
>>
>>48326329
So I just had to look up what that was and that is absolutely horrifying. I am not going to stop you however; it is your chain. Sure go ahead.
>>
>>48326490
Okay, cool. That's still pretty damn big... I'm going to have fun with that.

Thanks!
>>
>>48326596

Okay let's be fair here.

Bug control would be a lot lamer if it wasn't 'Oh and your basically aware of everything in a three block range and get super mental multitasking'.
>>
>>48326317
Sorry, had to leave for a bit. I'm willing to believe Beelzebub started lifting, but SMT 2 is direct sequel to 1. They even reference the events of the first game, and the Hero's corpse is found in one of the areas.
Anyway, the Archangels are Michael, Gabriel, Raphael, and Uriel, Metatron specifically names them. It's not really know how they're stronger, but we do know that, when Metatron tried to summon them on Naoya's 8th day, Naoya freaked the fuck out, calling Metatron and asking him if he was trying to destroy himself along with the world. For the first time, Naoya was actually afraid.
As for Strange Journey and Raidou Kuzunoha, they're about SMT 1 level anyway. Hell, one of the Raidou games takes place right as the nuclear war is about to begin.
>>
>>48326615
But you are still limited in how many spells per day you can cast. As in, how many different spells. And if I recall right, all spells counts as powers that are one level higher than level of spell, so you won't have access to level 9 spells.

Still, it's fuckin impressive.
>>
Are there any perks/powers that would make the clothing I wearing as durable as I am?
>>
>>48326676
Ah... I find the ArchAngel thing weird, honestly. "Metatron, you are summoning these four guys that are weaker than you, because the only one stronger than you is god. Are you insane, them appearing will fuck up world, while yours didn't"

Lemme check the script and such of the route.
>>
>>48326501
>I have a few questions about The Haunted Stone, and the not-import.
>1. Is the ghost girl's inability to interact with the world or be noticed by others a permanent trait?

Unless she is imported elsewhere yes, if she is imported than it become an alt form she can access.

>2. Can the ghost girl's ability to sense spirits improve?

Likely this would require her learning some class or skill to do so to increase her spiritual awareness.

>3. Can the ghost girl gain class levels like previous companions?

She can but it is hard. Training someone who can not interact with the world directly is very hard. However if you can find a way around it then you will have a much easier time.

>4. Can companions continue to level up after leaving Ravenloft?

Yes, yes they can. It's just learning and training in skills you already possess, acquiring things like new spells may be a bit difficult (it might require researching and recreating spells) however yeah they continue to progress for as long as they wish to put the effort in to doing so.

>5. Can you teach classes to companions that didn't go to Ravenloft (for example if you got them later)?

Yep., if they meet whatever requirements for the class you can teach it.
>>
>>48326724
Not quite the same, there's 'If it ain't broke' from Dragon's Crown, which means while you wear or equip something, its durability won't reduce past the level you donned it at.
>>
>>48326440
Hmm, I'd say that they're different sets, and that you can use one at a time.
Yeah, but you'll have to convince Alcor to help you on that one. Nicaea was designed for a completely different system, and it's complicated enough that no one, not even Cor Caroli AKA Miyako Hotsuin can replicate it.
>>48326732
Ah, correction, Naoya didn't explicitly say that Metatron would be destroyed, just the world. He still called Metatron a fool though, implying that included him.
>>
After looking into Infamous it seems that all conduits get enhanced physical abilities, are the perks a further boost beyond that or is the jump making you pay for the basic traits?
>>
>>48326767
>Unless she is imported elsewhere yes, if she is imported than it become an alt form she can access.
Hm, not him, but would the stone & ghost girl together count as one altform? I mean, would importing her have the stone disappears, with it then reappearing where she was if she takes her ghost girl altform?
>>
>>48326827
Further boost.
>>
>>48326782
Arguably incredibly tech savvy Jumper could work with Alcor to do the thing. Although I can't understand one thing:

COMP's can connect to internet and such. If I include cellphone function or something in my COMP, can't I just download Nicaea app?

As for the summoning... I think I now understand why the world would be destroyed.

It's not that each Archangel is stronger than Metatron or the Bel's. It's that them all being there, combined with Metatron, might put too much of strain on the world. Notice what was happening with sky and all that stuff in the Day 5, 6 and 7 of the game.

Metatron is stronger than Belberith, but Protag could beat him with Beldr and Belial. Now consider how Protag could beat all the others: In TEAMS.

Imagine fighting Belberith and four Belzebouls at once in game. You would be overwhelmed nearly instantly. Because of both the range and power, and various different resistances.

In Nocturne Uriel is 73 level, Raphael is 84, Gabriel is 87, Michael 90 and Metatron is 95...

In Devil Survivor Metatron as a boss is level 80, and has infinite range. In DS2 he has level 74. Belberith in regular campaign is level 65, in the Bel Rush he is 67. In Yuzu's campaign, where he was kind of more empowered potentially or such he was level 80.

If Power of Bel is equal to power of YHVH, then Power of Metatron plus four Archangels at once would definitely decimate Naoya, Abel and others. And notice that at that point Angels were on a warpath with them, and wanted to destroy the whole area of the Lockdown.
>>
>>48326782
What if you're Alcor all along?
>>
>>48326724
-Juggernaut (Terraria)
-Fashion Nonvictim (The World Ends With You)
-Fashion (High School of the Dead)
-The Flock's Fleece (Actraiser)

Not quite the same, but 'Fashion Nonvictim' and 'Fashion' make it so if you're wearing a shoulderpiece, or gauntlets, or something like that, your clothing has the full benefits of the armor piece in question. 'Juggernaut' makes it half again as effective, and 'Flock's Fleece' makes it absurdly comfy/easy to move around in.

It should be a good start at least.
>>
>>48326724
I use

>>48326773
>'If it ain't broke' from Dragon's Crown

and

>>48326976
>Fashion (High School of the Dead)

regularly
>>
>>48326724
>>48326976
>and 'Flock's Fleece' makes it absurdly comfy/easy to move around in.
Also, Second Skin from Fire Emblem. Makes it so that your armor can't be damaged enough to impede your ability to fight. It can lose it's durability, but it'll never impede your movement.
>>
>>48326919
Sure, if you're tech savvy enough you could help him, it's pretty complicated stuff, but if you're working with him it should be fine.
Sort of, but it's a little more complicated than that. For one thing, the COMPs have been modified by Naoya in such a way that they can't be used for most of the normal functions. Remember how in every ending, the COMPs are either disposed of or no longer work? Without Babel or other divine beings, they're just paperweights. They don't DO anything. So it's doubtful you could connect to the internet in the first place, let alone download cellphone apps.
Eh, that might be, but the way Naoya said it sounded like just the Archangels being summoned would destroy the world, especially since he called Metatron a fool. Keep in mind, at that point Metatron and the angels were already set on destroying the Earth. So why would Naoya call Metatron a fool, knowing that the destruction of the Earth is what he wants, unless Metatron will also be obliterated with the world too, implying he's weaker? That, and the reason why the world was becoming more and more hellish was not the presence of demons per say, but the weakening barrier between the human world and the demon world. If the Bels had been there, but the barrier was up, it would be no big deal.
>>48326957
Then you can modify it by yourself.
>>
>>48327043
I think Career Model has something similar to that too, that allows you to wear whatever you want and not be impeded. Generic Horror jump does as well.
>>
>>48326782
I found the script:

>Metatron: For the sake of the world that the Lord hath made, I cannot fail here...
>Michael, Uriel, Gabriel, Raphael... Canst thou hear my voice...?
>Naoya: ...! He's summoning the four cardinal archangels here?!
>Atsuro: Cardinal archangels?! What's gonna happen then?!
>Naoya: The four cardinal archangels are those than lead the army of God!
>That fool...! He plans to destroy the entire human world along with us!
>Kaido: Dammit...! This ain't a joke!

>Metatron: Abel, the Lord's son... Thou hath renounced thy humanity and become king of demons.
>I shall lead the entire Army of Heaven against you! This victory is yours.

It is not their arrival that would destroy the world. Or at least, not the arrival itself. What would destroy the world is the God's ENTIRE ARMY, because the archangels are the ones who lead that army. You are stopping him from doing it before you make an army of your own to MEET him.
>>
>>48326837
I hadn't really thought of it but I am going to say yes. You and the stone are what bind her to the world in her ghost form which is why she can only travel a short distance from either of you in that form.
>>
Does anybody have the Kirby's Dreamland 2.0 update?
It's not even on the uploads folder in the drive.
>>
File: Kirby.pdf (1B, 486x500px)
Kirby.pdf
1B, 486x500px
>>48327147
>>
>>48327087
I would point out that Naoya said he's summoning the Cardinal Archangels, not the army itself. Then again, that does make more sense than the Archangels being buffed enough that they can destroy the world just by showing up in it. Eh, even if that's not what it meant, let's go with that. It makes more sense than just the Archangels destroying it. Good point, anon.
>>
>>48327066

Check >>48327087

Remember that Naoya himself said that Metatron is "Second only to God". He can't be weaker than the Archangels, because then it would contradict the "Second only to God"

As for COMPs... So here is a question:

Cellphones in DS2 could do all other stuff, Nicea was just an app there.

Demon SUmmoning Program is also just a program, in a way, just connecting to Babel. Without Babel, they won't do much but if I made a "Lesser Demon Summoning Server" as implied a jumper with notes and nerd perks can do, then the COMP still does things.

So here is a question.

Do I need Alcor to transfer my Lesser Demon Summoning server data/demons with the Niceae, along with cracked skills? Or just to use the Comps?

Also, what if the reason the altered Comps were lacking was just because not enough space for regular functions? Technically it shouldn't be a problem for a tech savy jumper to modify it into a COMP 2.0. a 3DS COMP, that has internet access, can make calls, etc. And download Apps.

I am sure that the stats won't be able to stack even if I had two open at once, but let's say, before "demon transfer" i summon the demons with the regular Demon Summoning program and then run the Niceae app so that is the app that gains Macca and exp when I battle, but I am limited to the skills and such Nicea app has until I shake Alcor by shoulders to let me transfer

...Actually, can't I just befriend Abel in DS1, tell him to find Alcor during the time in between and have him work with Naoya's COMPs so when I arrive, he has a fresh new thing for me or easy method to transfer stuff?
>>
>>48326690
I think you're limited to only 11 different powers a day at level 20.
>>
>>48327186
Sorry for questioning you so much, like I said I just found the Archangels being buffed so much just odd.

And Again, in the Naoya 8th day you can have SDF help you with fighting Metatron, no? So Metatron is royally pissed at humanity and even if he destroyed Protag, by that point I am sure that he would also choose to lead the armies against the humanity in general. Even if it was just the Arch Angels that would be summoned, they only ones stronger than them are God and Metatron. This is the reason why Metatron stopped summoning them when Abel summoned demons without COMP, and even summoned the other Bels. Not because the Bels or such stopped him from doing it. It was because he realized that if he summoned them then, then he might still lose the battle.

That sheds some light on it. He was going to obliterate the Protag by overwhelming him with four Archangels plus himself. Appearance of Bels and unique demons made him reconsider that and instead leave to prepare better.

I mean... Think of it this way:

Take Freeza fighting against Super Saiyan Goku. Now imagine Freeza deciding to bring his family to Namek at that very moment to help him, but before he can accomplish that, more Super Saiyans appear.

That's the best way I can explain it.
>>
>>48327213
I saw it, see here >>48327186.
You would only need the COMPs modified. The server is for others to use, your COMP is backed by Jumpchain fiat.
I suppose it could be, though given that they became useless even in Atsuro's ending, despite him having direct access to Babel and its' codes, I doubt it. I suppose you could modify it, but that might make the other programs run less smooth.
I'm sorry, I'm a little confused what you're asking here? Are you asking if you can summon demons from the COMP to grind for Nicaea? Uh, maybe? Not sure what to make of that.
Sure, that sounds fine.
>>48327301
That...actually does make sense. Sure, let's go with that. Would explain why them showing up is such an issue when Metatron is stronger, though that that makes me wonder why Naoya called Metatron a fool. Perhaps it was a mistranslation of his original line, where he called himself a fool for not realizing Metatron would try and pull that?
>>
Brainstorm WIPs for the two jumps I'm fleshing out right now: Equilibrium and Kung Fu Hustle
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1rlEhxYOEtnuTzSKxIfeBoG-KmChscgec4rfEnxAsn-w/edit

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1FeqFpjOJUOjCojTGxTwJdXBCUUr5cTydt6GbBklG7mk/edit?usp=sharing
>>
>>48327421
Mind relinking me the panzer google doc SJ-chan?
>>
>>48327387

There's also the possibility that while Metatron is stronger individual the archangels (and their armies) working together would cause too much collateral damage even for it.

Also I just remembered something I was wondering concerning Devil Survivor 2.

If you take Sword of Polaris does resolving the Anguished One actually require getting an ending where Polaris is replaced, or would getting an ending where it's convinced to undo the damage be valid?
>>
>>48327285
Ability score bonuses can bump that
>>
>>48327186
Honestly?

As I said, The reason Abel and his friends could beat Bels and Metatron and others were because while the bosses are usually alone and powerful alone, they had several three person teams.

Imagine that instead of Metatron in one encounter you fight Metatron, Michael and Uriel. In ONE encounter, one team. A boss that doesn't have two team slots free.

Or even as separate teams. That's five Angels that could hit you from other side of map, two times in one turn, and they can get Extra Turns.

A Beldr and Belial team with the protag, however, would be quite potent. Especially if he started summoning other Bel powers that way. Or even as separate teams.

Anyway, so going back to previous discussion:

Demon Fusion Capstone boosted by Dormant Power, with the jumper at level 77, is apparently twice as powerful as a person with just the level 99 cap. Now that we resolved power levels, that should be strong

Even if they are the SMT I levels, the "twice as strong" part would still make a jumper powerful enough to have to only fear YHVH and Lucifer... Or Bels or Achangels at the same time. 1v1 I am fine.

As for the COMPs working through jump fiat, hang on:

So I don't need to recreate a demon summoning server to summon, fuse and buy DS demons in other jumps? I only need it if I want to register demons from other worlds, carry said otherworld demons with me to other jumps, and provide access to people through possibly means other than COMPs?

Huh. That makes things easier. I misunderstood it originally.

As for the fool line... I think it's either a translation issue or Naoya expressing disbelief that Metatron will go this far now? I really honestly don't know on that.

Also, I don't understand one thing then about Atsuro ending. Demons were meant to be controlled by humans in it. Japan managed to achieve demon-based technological singularity, and even enlist demons into their armies. How did they do that if COMPs don't work? How do they control them
>>
File: Overjoyed banchô-Anon.jpg (72KB, 921x682px) Image search: [Google]
Overjoyed banchô-Anon.jpg
72KB, 921x682px
>>48327421
>>Kung Fu Hustle

oh hell yes!
>>
>>48327577
>Demon Fusion Capstone boosted by Dormant Power, with the jumper at level 77, is apparently twice as powerful as a person with just the level 99 cap
What makes you think that?
>>
>>48327387
So you said that Polaris's rewrite is just affecting Earth.

So what would happen if I managed to, before he starts erasing the world, take all of humanity and put them on a different planet or something like that, specially prepared to house them? Will we literally just ignore the disaster?
>>
So, latest draft of Dahak Chronicles Jump. Still WIP, but nearing ever-so-slowly towards completion.
>>
File: I Cast Nuke.gif (4MB, 400x300px) Image search: [Google]
I Cast Nuke.gif
4MB, 400x300px
>>48320877
My magic is cast-as-needed, I do have a small reserve of pre-cast spells, but they're all panic-button options. They're mostly boosted Dragon Slaves with a single Giga Slave as a last resort.
>>
>>48327618
SMTAnon said that. Several times. When asked repeatedly. In IRC and thread.
>>
>>48327633
Dahak, that word is familiar.
>>
>>48327644
Doesn't make sense. All boosting is supposed to make you ultimately weaker, and all the other boosts do so, so why wouldn't this one perk?
>>
>>48327525
...Can't believe I was too stupid to realize that. Thank you, Anon.

The collateral damage might be why Naoya called Metatron the fool. I mean, notice that even when you fight Metatron himself, Collateral is minimal.
>>
File: image.jpg (60KB, 450x301px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
60KB, 450x301px
>>48327421
I'm hyped for Kung Fu Hustle, I hope I can learn the Toe Crusher Technique. Maybe a perk that can allow you to appear incompetant to your enemies? Sorta like how the Beast looked when the gang were talking to him.
>>
>>48327168
Hmm...

If I take the Ninja copy power and Star Knight, do you guys think it'd be better to choose throwing knives/kunai as my specialty, or a ninjato?
>>
>>48327443
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1UjyBXIIsNOLILo4m9LLmc_X51IHK5bzdDv63XtjwpUk/edit?usp=sharing

it's also in the #3 Folder on the drive
>>
>>48327667
Uh, no? Boosting only makes the base effect of Dormant Power itself weaker, in return for giving you more actual power.
>>
>>48327525
You're required to overthrow Polaris. She's far too petty to even consider letting a rebellious Sword live, and in Alcor's route, it actually causes her to become genuinely angry, something that no other route or action managed to do. That, and as long as she lives, she will always be a threat to the world.
>>48327577
I...don't quite know where you're getting twice as powerful from, but alright.
Yeah, basically.
Apparently, the Atsuro ending has the government directly control and summon the demons from Babel itself. Another part of it is that demons are being used as an energy source as well, which is why the epilogue states that Japan has not only become a superpower, but gained a permanent seat on the UN Security Council.
>>48327621
She'll move to delete that planet instead. Her target is humanity. Just because she's deleting only the Earth doesn't mean she can't delete other worlds. In fact, if those planets don't have ley lines, you might have just fucked yourself over. Remember the barriers? Without them, Polaris would have already won. You might buy sometime if you put a barrier around the whole world though, though that would probably earn you a FAR more thorough invasion.
>>
>>48327633
Oh, sweet Metric Jesus! Thank the Maker! I kiss your feet Anon! I was hoping I wouldnt have to build this jump! Haven't read your build yet, but thank you thank you thank you for knowing and loving Dahak in all his OP glory!
>>
File: Shibboleth pet.jpg (623KB, 1500x925px) Image search: [Google]
Shibboleth pet.jpg
623KB, 1500x925px
>>48322248
I totally love the Shibboleth pet I got there! He's the template for my tunneling critters. They're great for making underground bases, cultivating fungal farms, and giving my enemies endless nightmares.

Nothing causes routs like a screaming, multi-ton acid spewing spider erupting from underneath you.
>>
>>48327720
But it doesn't. It makes your level cap and ultimate ability weaker in exchange for tricks and skills, it's not giving you more power.
>>
>>48327691
>Little General makes it impossible to frighten or intimidate anyone

>Jumper finally loses it
>Jumper plunges her hand into a classmate's chest and rips out her heart
>"Ah, aren't you just the cutest widdle murderer?"
>Classmate falls over dead
>Witness testimony includes how adorable you looked covered in blood
>>
>>48327647
Empire from the Ashes, David Weber. Trilogy... battleship the size of the moon. massive cybornetic upgrades.
>>48327688
Pretty sure I have the incompetent, Toe Crusher I'm still trying to decide if that's part of FoBP or not.
>>
>>48327667

I have no idea, Anon. I asked him repeatedly. SMT Anon changed that in notes when he tried to update SMT Jump, but people said that now Dormant Power is a must have and splurged out, so he said to not upload the new version and use the current one. And that the Tribrids were more costly(Which is why I kept saying the most expensive races were 1200 CP. I forgot that it was 1200 only in new version and it is 1000 in this one)

The thing is, SMT Anon said the thing about boosted Demon Fusion is supposed to be stronger... And here is how it goes.

Sacrificial Bestowment boosted by the Dormant Power? Your level cap drops to 77 and you are not more powerful, you are actually weaker, but you can do the candelabras now.

But for things that specifically boosting makes you more powerful? Yeah, that is stronger than regular level 99.

BUT If you, say, had two capstones and boosted them, then your max is level 55. A level 55 even if it's with Demonic Fusion, is definitely weaker than regular level 99. PRobably about equal if combined with God's Medabot capstone
>>
>>48327762
>Spider
Only six legs. Disappoint
>>48327773
Dawwww!
>>
>>48327768
The level cap is the cap on power gained from Dormant Power, not on anything else. It's not an actual thing that limits your power in anything else.

Some of the boosts only give you tricks and skills, some of them give actual fighting power in excess of the 'levels' you're giving up.
>>
>>48322113
X number of pods + Summoning from NGNL. Effectively infinite companions, with a bandwidth of X at any given time. (dismiss companion, summon someone you've met with Summoning, pod them)
>>
>>48327794
I just don't get it. Even Chosen of Raphael and Demon Infusion make you weaker in combination, why not this one too?

>>48327862
It's the limit of your power gained from the SMT jump.
>>
>>48327633
Do 40K is a weird drawback for an unrelated sci-fi jump.
Thread posts: 561
Thread images: 56

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.