[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Nechronica

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 315
Thread images: 69

File: Nechronica.jpg (270KB, 600x848px) Image search: [Google]
Nechronica.jpg
270KB, 600x848px
It's been a long time since the last Nechronica thread. Let's change that!
Share your stories! Share your characters!

Obligatory explanation:
Nechronica is a game where you play as undead 'dolls' in the aftermath of an apocalypse. Undead and mutants roam the earth in search of something to eat. Necromancers pulls the strings while you try to make the best of the situation.

In Nechronica's combat system you lose and gain limbs and weapons as you're a doll that can be pieced back together when broken. Fight against insanity by interacting with your companions or become crippled by your madness.

Links:

>Translation wiki that will be back up again eventually.
https://tlwiki.org/index.php?title=Nechronica

>Introduction comic
http://www.nechronica.com/comics.html

>Psychadelic supplement comic
http://imgur.com/a/iK0Xs

>Old threads
http://suptg.thisisnotatrueending.com/archive.html?tags=nechronica
>>
File: tumblr_nvigicWnoA1qhfjneo1_500.png (482KB, 500x613px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_nvigicWnoA1qhfjneo1_500.png
482KB, 500x613px
Guro: The Arpegee:ening, eh? Sounds interesting.
>>
>>48319334
Ah, Nechronica how I love you.
Are there any games going on at the moment? I've been really wanting to play this for a while, but cannot find a group for it where I would actually get to be a player.

Such is the suffering of being the only one I know who has any clue what Nechronica is.....
>>
>>48319664
I'd probably be able to run a game online if I have the time for it. Won't know until sometime in august but I'd be happy to try. What time zone are you in? I'm in UTC+2.
>>
>>48319696
I'm in the UK, so GMT/UTC+0 for me.
>>
>>48319744
I'll give you my email when I'm at a computer and we'll see if we can get a group together.
>>
What happened to the guy updating the pdf translation?

Did he die?
>>
>>48319744
Couldn't log in to the email I wanted so I'm giving you an old one instead. [email protected]

Send me your skype and I'll add you. Let's see if we can play sometime.
>>
File: Bride_by_tamaokibenkyo.jpg (162KB, 564x800px) Image search: [Google]
Bride_by_tamaokibenkyo.jpg
162KB, 564x800px
I heard about this one when someone suggested it for a pseudo-Dark Souls-esque campaign (desolate-apocalyptic, has a sanity/humanity mechanic, player characters are undead, etc.). I looked it up and thought it sounded interesting.

Is it decent? Do many people play it? I'd be interested to hear more about it.
>>
>>48321477
>Is it decent?
It's a system I'm really fond of, so I would say yes. I really enjoy both the flavour and mechanics in it and wish the only game I've managed to get for it didn't fall apart for various reasons.
>>
>>48319334
Eh, I remember waiting for years the complete translation.
But then tragedy knocked at my door: reading it I realized I was too insensible and munchkin to play it decently. jeez
>>
>>48321329
Hey, sent you my Skype. Also, your email gives me the impression that Patchy finally got a connection into the library, so good for you.
>>
>>48319334
Have there been any updates? Finding people for lewd Nechronica is hard.
>>
File: 42384194.jpg (120KB, 539x767px) Image search: [Google]
42384194.jpg
120KB, 539x767px
>>48322524
There have been several books put out since then. They all sell out immediately however, have no digital versions, and you are not going to find scans, much less translations.
>>
>>48322880
I believe those other books, aside from the one expansion with the Psychedelic class, have been artbooks and the like, rather than additional game rules.
>>
>>48319334
I've been interested in this since I first saw it, where to go online to play (and learn) it?
>>
File: 5de.png (349KB, 512x512px) Image search: [Google]
5de.png
349KB, 512x512px
>>48322524
Undead lewd?
>>
File: 1382371597279.jpg (117KB, 850x430px) Image search: [Google]
1382371597279.jpg
117KB, 850x430px
>>48323038
Delicious loli body horror lesbians.

Yum.
>>
File: 1446328738576.jpg (23KB, 320x449px) Image search: [Google]
1446328738576.jpg
23KB, 320x449px
>>48323004
The OP has a link to the wiki that has the translation. It's not entirely complete, but the actual rules are translated (what's missing is full description for some fluff tables, and the GM section with more details on how to create stats for monsters).
>>
>>48323096
Creepy girls make the best lesbians.
>>
>>48323135
The wiki is just a bad gateway for me
>>
>>48319696
>UTC+2

So Nechronica is played in the third world? Got it. Is an Adidas track suit required?
>>
>>48323373
Russia and Belarus are GMT+3, and you are a faggot
>>
>>48323475
I bet you're an Afrikaner
>>
>>48323220
Cute, not creepy
>>
>>48323608
You say that as though they were mutually exclusive
>>
File: Nechronica.pdf (1B, 486x500px)
Nechronica.pdf
1B, 486x500px
>>48323332
I found this after a bit of digging
>>
>>48323608
I can't remember where my properly creepy-cute stuff is so I had to make due with that image that falls more on the cute side of things.
>>
>>48319696
I'm way off your time zones(UTC-8, jesus) but I may be able to join.
>>
>>48322880
>>48323038
>>48323096
>>48323220
Yes, creepy lesbians and creepy dudes and guro and tentacles and monsters and-

Anyway. Has the wiki stopped translating then?
>>
>>48323332
The site's down today but it'll be up again in a couple of days
>>
So, an anon pointed out that there was an error in the existing character sheet, so I fixed it.
So here, have new pdfs of the Character Sheet and battlemap
>>
File: Nechronica Map.pdf (1B, 486x500px)
Nechronica Map.pdf
1B, 486x500px
>>48327002
>>
>>48319334
>I will never play Nechronica
It hurts
>>
>>48327075
what is your timezone? Me and another anon are trying to put a game together, so email them and we'll see what we can do
>>
What if I want to make a shota instead of a loli?
>>
>>48327361
The Boy mutation exists, or your GM may not even give a fuck and just rename the part while anyone gets to make a boy if they so wish. It's not usually very contentious.
>>
File: undead loli yuri impregnation.png (693KB, 1004x682px) Image search: [Google]
undead loli yuri impregnation.png
693KB, 1004x682px
Fuck year zombie lolis
>>
>>48327128
Gmt+10 ;_;
There was even a JTTRPG discord where I had a chance of finding a game, but I logged in one day to find I was no longer a member
>>
Nechronica may be a game about dead children, but try not to kill the threads too.
>>
>>48330221
The threads were already dead. Stillborn babies raised by necromancy for but mere moments.
>>
Bump, 'cause I'm interested in hearing maybe a little more discussion on this one.
>>
File: hakoniwa1.jpg (54KB, 250x342px) Image search: [Google]
hakoniwa1.jpg
54KB, 250x342px
>>48324763
There was a burst of activity on the wiki recently as Anemone posted the full Fragments of Memory table and added most, if not all, of the enemy exclusive parts. It seems like updates come in short bursts every now and then.
>>
>>48336524
Is she wearing some kind of white tights under her stockings, or is that her crotch?
>>
>>48337914
It's Nechronica art, so definitely her crotch.
>>
So... Should I talk about the time we buried a savant "alive"?
>>
This actually seems really cool, it's just that sadly the lolicon aspect doesn't gel with most people.

I'll post again later, I'm quite intrigued by this.
>>
>>48336524
I'm aware. Hence, why I was asking if more was done.

I'm particularly interested in the enemy only parts section of Psychedelic, due to the metaphysical aspects I included in my games of Nechronica to augment the fairytale ideas.
>>
>>48338386
Do tell.
>>
No storytime?
>>
File: 36335834_p0.jpg (502KB, 690x882px) Image search: [Google]
36335834_p0.jpg
502KB, 690x882px
>>
>>48343584
So what even is this game? All I've heard is that it's done by the maid rpg people...also it's it fun?
>>
>>48344322
Basically, the world is dead and has been for a long time. The only things left are the immortal necromancers who keep themselves busy by making undead. Among these are 'dolls'; intelligent undead made in the shape of girls that the necromancers play with in a half-forgotten imitation of children playing.

These dolls are made of patchwork corpses, often hideously mutated and with military hardware woven in as spare parts, but most importantly they possess a soul and bits of memory from their lives before the world died.

The goal of the game is to play as these dolls, survive the corpse-ridden wastes of the world and reclaim whatever traces of your lost life is left before you lose what little you have and go mad. Sanity is measured in your bonds with each other, and as those bonds become more strained, your grip on the world loosens. In addition, damage is tied to your body parts, which as you fight are torn off and blown up, forcing you to feed opun and harvest your foes to keep yourselves intact enough to function, for even if you lose your body, you won't die.

Basically, think a loli-zombie game made by the guy who did Maid that due to it's setting can range from a charming slice-of-life kind of thing, like say, Azumanga but with zombies or be shockingly similar to Dark Souls (2 in particular), where the players are doomed to slowly become empty shells.
>>
>>48319334
>Psychadelic supplement comic
>http://imgur.com/a/iK0Xs

Oh wow, it really is just like S.T.A.L.K.E.R. Glad I wasn't too far off base with that interpretation.
>>
>>48344322

Loli Dark Souls
>>
File: AC unsung.jpg (114KB, 500x438px) Image search: [Google]
AC unsung.jpg
114KB, 500x438px
>>48327380
on the other hand, what if i want to play a character with the soul of an undead loli, but doesn't look like one? Would that be covered under the Cyborg option, or is that too far off, specifically i kinda want to go Murakumo: Renegade Mech Pursuit crossed with AC: For Answer because...... reasons like speed
>>
>loliguro:the tabletop game
fucking why
what's the point of making a game specifically for pedophiles and gore enthusiasts when those are absolutely the least socially competent people out there
>>
>>48346151
also, UTC -6 here, interested so i'll toss you an email >>48321329
>>
>>48346187
>People who enjoy an aesthetic are now sexually attracted to it.
>>
>>48346151
Probably not unless the Necromancer has a fetish for that.

Besides, zombie-lolis can be fast too.
>>
>>48346151

The best answer, in general, is to ask your GM. However, such a character design could disrupt the game thematically. If you look at most character art for this game, you'll see they look, to some degree, human. Going full mecha like in your image definitely lacks that humanity.
>>
>>48346226
fair enough i guess, the game really is centered around the concept that it's little girls in body horror hell, basically like madoka/bokurano meets parasyte

FILTHY PARTIAL 'BORG UNTERMENSCHEN FOILING MY PLOTS AGAIN
>>
>>48319696
Fuck me i'm in utc-6 but would love to try for this. I'll shoot you an email when I can.
>>
File: 1441688110083.jpg (225KB, 1113x1574px) Image search: [Google]
1441688110083.jpg
225KB, 1113x1574px
Does the game "break" / "Not work as well" if your PCs are non-loli, or just regular undead dudes?

Because so far I think that's the only thing that really stops me from playing this with my playgroup, it's a really interesting system and I love the madness mechanic.

Also, there's a good thread on /d/ (bear with me) for character art. Go into catalog and search "Creepy" and you'll find a few good references.
>>
>>48348239
If you mean the aesthetic? I don't think so, but a big part of the game is definitely "how does the mind of a child react to this twisted, smashed up world?" So you don't necessarily need to have PCs with the bodies of children, but without the minds/souls of it loses a lot of its character
>>
>>48348239
I was thinking about this except swapping zombies in general for robots/cyborgs with a soul trapped inside. My playgroup only plays 3.5 and pathfinder so I'm trying to get them to try something different for a change
>>
>>48348317

Well, I guess that really does make a difference, the psychological effects of fucked up shit happening to an undead kid isn't really the same compared to a teen or adult.

But I mean, you can play as a boy right? Because masculinity issues, muh power, etc etc.
>>
>>48348355

Having characters be boys doesn't really do much to it and it might smooth some of the qualms have with it because really, it's less "You're playing as children" and more "You're playing as a loli" that gets people concerned.
>>
>>48348355
Yeah, and really when the said child I did also include teenager into that because you really aren't anywhere near emotionally mature until your mid-late 20s to be honest. And yes there is an option to be male

>>48348354
Sounds like my kinda game, what timezone, or are you all local lucky bawstard
>>
>>48348355

>Compared to a teen

The age range is 8-17, so the game lets you play as a teenager just fine.
>>
File: lolipire smug.png (57KB, 150x154px) Image search: [Google]
lolipire smug.png
57KB, 150x154px
Technically nobody is holding a gun to your head and making you play as a loli zombie.

But I will laugh at you for being a silly normalfag if you don't play as a loli zombie.
>>
>>48348404
I'm in nor cal so... Pacific standard?
>>
>>48348461
Yeah, but it's easier to walk a hesitant person into it if you let them sidestep that at first, then ease them into the idea
>>
>>48348472
central standard, although i'd probably break everything with my Fromsoft speed obsession as seen here >>48346151
>>
>>48348554
Speaking of which can you overboost? Or use blood as some sort of propulsion?
>>
>>48348624

Boost, Hopper, and Rocket Pack could be fluffed that way.
>>
>>48348624
i think jet nozzles are a thing in the rulebook, so it's potentially possible
>>
>>48348354
also, if you don't want it to be quite so desolate, i think you can fluff it to be maybe there's some kind of continuous threat that is the reason the golems are built
>>
>>48348657

Jet Nozzle just lets you damage a part to do an additional
>>
>>48348688
I like this, also you can refluff it so instead of necromancers they can be different magic schools/mega corporations with battle golems/robots/cyborgs
>>
>>48348804
I've had an idea for this for a while actually, but i've never had a chance to use it because i'm a shit GM, so i'd rather not be the one in that seat, but here it goes

Civilization maybe a bit more advanced than our own discovers that magic in fact exists. Eventually this somehow leads to war, militarized magic is heavily involved causing unbelieveable devastation, especially as it goes nuclear.
Unfortunately throwing that much magic around happens to be a bit like blood in the water, and ends up attracting some really nasty beasties into their world. Think the Akrid from Lost Planet in appearance

Tl;dr - most survivors now live in mobile fortresses, producing golems as a weapon to keep them back
>>
>>48348923
and of course, said golems are animated by the souls of children, often ones who were killed by said beasties
>>
>>48348735
Blood nozzle makes sense. Scary amounts of sense.
>>
File: Leviathan & Squiggly.jpg (707KB, 780x1101px) Image search: [Google]
Leviathan & Squiggly.jpg
707KB, 780x1101px
>>48348239
It's just my opinion, but I feel like shifting the protagonists from zombie girls to adults, dudes, or robots does skew the themes pretty hard.

Sisterhood is a different kind of relationship than others. The innocence of youth provides a strong contrast against the bleak surroundings and the bloody massacre.

But, hey, if you're the kind of person who'd use Deathwatch to run an Ork campaign, there's no RPG Gestapo that's going to kick down your door and send your group to the salt mines.
>>
>>48351273
Which is why I thought the 'Dolores' route was a useful compromise, sure they may have the full on mecha/monster/etc appearance, but the minds/souls of children, if nothing else it lets you assuage the group's fear that this is just gonna go full magical realm
>>
>>48348624
I want Necromancy Core to be a thing now, goddamn that's metal.
>>
File: 1458847902694.jpg (155KB, 600x934px) Image search: [Google]
1458847902694.jpg
155KB, 600x934px
>>48351619
>Armored Core except instead of mechs you've got zombielolis
>mfw

Yeah, you could probably run Nechronica like that pretty easily.
>>
>>48348624
That reminds me of a scene in Tokyo Gore police where this guy uses drugs to use super high pressure blood to fly from the stumps of his legs.
>>
Reading through the rulebook I had a good laugh at the Baroque class. I'm pretty sure it's partly a reference to this obscure Sega Saturn/Wii/PS2 game I bought years ago of the same name.
>>
I've read two sample campaigns of Nechronica now that actually sounded decent, but I've never seriously attempted to take a campaign off the ground because:

a) It's creepy as fuck yo. Not in the 'duh, it's gothic horror in a desolate waste' more in the 'future child molester detected' sense. I think I can negotiate my way past this if it weren't for:

b) I cannot actually think of a *plot* that would suit Nechronica and would be well, really excellent. I keep hovering around this idea that the necromancers are aliens that came to study the undead (Specifically, to figure out how to break their wills), and killed off humanity so they'd have the test samples necessary to do so. But I cannot think of a PC level implementation of any of this shit that would actually be engrossing. Consider that Nechronica only *barely* has out of combat mechanics, and even ignoring that, the PCs themselves are not in an information rich environment. There's very few choices they can make, or things that they can do, which will allow them to influence what they find out about the world.
>>
>>48352573

You don't really need an excellent plot to have a great campaign and to make the PCs more engrossed in the world you could use Savants. They make for excellent exposition and they are great for character interaction and development. They make the game less about killing everything that tries to kill you and slightly more about finding out what's going on. Savants even make more choices as they often have their own reason for being as they are and can be influenced by the PCs. It's entirely possible to become friends with a Savant.

Why not have them find old logs from before or messages from the Necromancers/Savants/others? Why not make them stumble upon facilities that can change what the world is? Why not make them find the last surviving humans?

I'm sorry but I just feel like there's so much to do with Nechronica that it feels weird for me to hear someone say the opposite.
>>
>>48352893
RN please don't read the spoilered parts.

I've been running a campaign in Nechronica for almost a year now and they've pretty much fucked up everything. By choice I'd say.

In this setting Necromancers are 'people' who have managed to create un/life. The players' own Necromancer, alice, was a doll who managed to figure out how to create more dolls. And their Necromancer had a rival, MARIA, who was pretty much the same. They waged war against each other for fun. MARIA building an entire underground complex dedicated to housing her army of cyborgs and forwarding her research into cybernetics while alice focused on small but effective groups of dolls. The players are one of these groups. Since we started they have managed to completely destroy MARIA's base, MARIA herself, their own Necromancer alice, and many many more. They've destroyed their single source of favor, their kill count is over 700 right now, all because they didn't like the idea of taking orders from someone.

They've met and talked with many other dolls during this rampage and they've even made some friends two of them. They and the PCs should be the only ones left in the area by now as the PCs have pretty much killed off everything else. But there is something else lurking where eyes can't see.
>>
>>48352893
Oh I definitely am betting on the notion that Savants would be a necessity to keep things rolling and make it feel like something other than a killfest. And I realise that at first glance Nechronica SEEMS to offer so many options. Like, I've read a few tidbits that put the sample campaign to shame, giant undead sandworms and pogroms organised against the same, etc.

But in terms of thinking about how I could actually implement any cool shit in a way that doesn't feel like the railroad to end all railroads seems difficult with respect to Nechronica.

The PCs, while they have personality, and fragments of memory, don't actually have identifiable obligations or connections to anyone outside the party except those that they forge during play (Which means you need to both provide a person who would like the PCs and have the PCs like them too), and none of their abilities are well suited to granularising out of combat play. Like, conversation checks are the only thing basically.

I should point out how many of the small things contribute to it being difficult to have the PCs interact with stuff by necessity. They don't even need to eat, for example.

Not to mention that basically *any* Nechronica setting is by necessity immensely surreal to an extent that will be beyond a lot of player's abilities to identify with.

>>48352933 's notion of war as a game or farce is a pretty common one from what I've seen because its one of the only plot element that really slickly ties into the specific way Nechronica handles combat and combat vs. out of combat. And it definitely sets up a turning point in the plot where the PCs inevitably 'take charge of their own destiny', or at least feel like they are doing so.
>>
>>48353251
A summary I probably should have included in this post is that the very process of roleplaying a doll is severely unintuitive. As a notional 'default', at chargen:

- You have around a half dozen memories that aren't literally, or related to, you stabbing/shooting zombies/shoggoths for months at a time
- You have a human child-like personality, but without a significant number of memories of formative experience that would lead to the one you have. Hell, despite having spent the last few months stabbing demons and zombies. This is actually one of the most baffling issues to negotiate IMO, if you actually think carefully.
I realise that some doll types like Automaton allude to this, but even the most military minded, tabula rasa style dolls in the book are still presented as having child-like tendencies and an appreciable amount of emotional vulnerability.
- You are a streamlined, by design, killing machine. Like, not incidentally, it is very difficult to make a character who doesn't at first glance look like someone went out of their way to build them as a better murderer than a mere human corpse. This also means that fully half of your party would cause anyone with mortal human socialisation to pee themselves and wail in fear.
- You probably don't know anyone outside the party who is still a sapient being, except maybe the necromancer. Like, if you have a pet you're quite a rare case. If you have a pet that isn't some barely identifiable undead mockery of the original animal you are already verging on CAMPAIGN DEFINING.
>>
>>48353251
>>48353381

Or you could just change some stuff. You don't need to follow the default setting 100%. You could make it so that they have to eat. You can make the world populated by settlements and such. You could just not make the world empty. My settings usually have more Savants than Horrors just because it's more fun to make some small talk before everyone starts trying to kill each other than not. My players have even managed to avoid killing all Savants just because of that small talk. Sometimes they even fought for a while until they realized that they didn't really want to kill each other.

I agree that most characters will be killing machines but that doesn't mean that their personality agrees with their bodies. You could also re-fluff parts or even add new parts and skills.
>>
>>48353251
RN here, have not read the spoiler tags so I might be repeating some cleverness that my GM already mentioned but:

Basically, the way I approached it as a player is to take the outlandish premise and run with it. RN is extremely curious about everything and wants to figure out what's going on. She is a killing machine but she doesn't really see herself that way. She acts mostly on what her guts tells her. And I, being the one who decides what her gut tells her, has her basically try to do good things and but using the only tool she has, ie violence. She disliked MARIA for playing with others lives but fixed it by killing her.
She's only innocent in the sense that she doesn't really consider that violence might actually be bad when -she- does it. And she is pretty convinced she never started any fights (which uh... is up for debate.)
She's basically been shaped from this idea of someone who doesn't really know anything about themselves who is in this dangerous place they don't know anything about and is trying to resolve all of those things.
We're railroaded only in the sense that there are at any one point in time like three or four places at most (though towards the end of the first act of this campaign we ended up only really being able to think of one for a few sessions in a row) that we know actually exist and could find a reason to go to. But we've been given the freedom to pick where we go around in this wasteland ourselves every step of the way and initially there was an exploration bit where we just roamed around trying to find something to do. We found our Necromancer who we immediately found ourselves disliking. She told us to go to a place, we decided to go exploring in a different place, the stuff we found ended up tying together with the other place and we ended up going there and explicitly did none of what she wanted anyway.
So we don't do anything the GM wants us to do. And he's told me he's having as fun as we are.
Contd.
>>
continued from >>48353675
Now again, I haven't read the spoiler tags (and thus also would appreciate if you don't reveal what's behind them in any replies to me) but my speculation (which I have told the GM too) is that we've basically ruined all his plans. The more we find out the more it seems like the idea was that we would either do what our Necromancer wanted (which he probably predicted we wouldn't) or that we would switch to MARIA, the other necromancer, and have her be our source of favor instead (which he probably predicted RN wouldn't) and what we ended up doing was blowing everything up, killing everyone (we found that basically even the most sympathetic of NPCs were kinda assholes anyway because everyone is an asshole in this setting because it's Nechronica) and generally ruining any kind of interaction he's ever planned for us. Probably. Looking back at it one of our first combat encounters involved an NPC that was running for her life and teh other player in the party used an AoE attack that accidentally killed her. And that NPC seems to have been intended to be a hook to get us onto MARIA's team. Maybe.

I think what I'm getting at with this huge mess is that if the players embrace the chaotic, violent (and actually also pretty silly, we have lots of laughs in our sessions) nature of the system and the GM sets up a world where there is a plot with multiple hooks for the players to join in then even if the players choose to just screw all of it up then everyone's still going to have a good time.

This became kind of a mess. But basically I'm trying to convey some idea of how at least I approached making and playing a character in this system. And also how the GM's attempts at giving us a plot to follow have worked.

We're all having great fun so I think it's working. We are also not all just going around being sadistic, mindless killing machines.
>>
>>48353531
>>48353694

The point I made about killing machines wasn't a point about the PCs being obligatory murderhobos. They aren't. In fact, despite their horrific appearances they have the drives of *children* so it isn't like they're setting out to sadistically murder shit. But more the point was that the... not insubstantial amount of humanity they have is very much at odds with both their experiences (That they can recall), and the bodies that they have 'grown up' in. I feel like if I set 5 players to the task of negotiating this divide, I'm going to get AT LEAST one dud.

Furthermore, it's a little difficult to figure out sticks to dangle in front of dolls. Their bond of sisterhood with each other is literally entirely forged to satisfy their one reliable need, which is company to stave off loneliness and provide emotional support. Parts can run short, but where there's things that lose you parts, there's things that gain you parts. What is the end goal of a doll? An amnesiac character in almost any RPG is going to have, high up their list of priorities, restoring their memories, and helping the people who've been companions in the time that they remember. This is fine when you have one in a party.

When the entire party are all in this situation, this severely reduces the leads that they can come up with on their memories for starters (and given Nechronica's crapsack world of a setting, recovering their memories is unlikely to result in any tangible gains for them apart from self-assurance and emotional confidence). And the other half heavily encourages them all to have a diehard loyalty to the party, which is good, but to such an extent that any agency outside the party is honestly just going to be automatically seen as being in the way by someone and eventually cut off or eliminated so that the party can be free to do... things. Which seems to be the path RN's group has gone down.
>>
>>48353381

>You have around a half dozen memories that aren't literally, or related to, you stabbing/shooting zombies/shoggoths for months at a time

That's actually part of the fun. You know how kids come up with weird shit when they don't know how something works? Apply that to almost everything they don't have memories of. It can get pretty silly and is a good source of humor in the game. Though most GM's let you assume to have some knowledge of things so you know how to add numbers and shit like that. It's just personally identifiable information like who your parents are and such that is always gonna be forgotten.

>Furthermore, it's a little difficult to figure out sticks to dangle in front of dolls.
For the players, Karma (which grants favor) and the potential of memory fragments. In character? Find something, there's one group who has a thing where they found a living human and they're trying to keep it alive. Figuring out sticks to dangle in front of uncooperative PCs is not really a problem that's unique to this game. You're really blowing these issues out of proportion.
>>
>>48354316
Hell, one session my group's motivation was to find drapes for the hidey hole they set up in the middle of an abandoned city. This led to a scuffle outside of a Home Depot that then led to us chasing after a stolen head.

As a system it supports sandbox-y gameplay surprisingly well. And the memory mechanic lets you dump your novel onto players into palatable chunks and non-intrusive chunks without breaking that agency. The fetter/Madness system makes the almost obligatory meta-currency significantly less meta, naturally promotes roleplay (need to reduce that madness? Do what you came to the table to do.) and creates interesting character drama when you bottom out on a fetter.
>>
>>48351273
Squiggly best undead girl.
>>
File: Image0002.jpg (4MB, 2819x5678px) Image search: [Google]
Image0002.jpg
4MB, 2819x5678px
> I cannot actually think of a *plot* that would suit Nechronica and would be well, really excellent

I dunno, do you even need a complex plot that explains everything? For a game like this, I'm more interested in something like loli Dark Souls. A bunch of fragile survivors struggling to achieve some ambiguous task while trying to remain sane. If the ending is ambiguous and debatable, all the more fun!

On that note, I wouldn't even mind aging up the protaganists a bit, just as long as they were kept vulnerable and fragile.

This short replay also seemed entertaining
https://yarukizero.files.wordpress.com/2009/04/nechronica-replay.pdf
Killing mutant monsters that cry for mercy to move on is always fun.
>>
File: 1462208155650.pdf (1B, 486x500px)
1462208155650.pdf
1B, 486x500px
I found another PDF. It has more pages, so that may or may not have more of the game translated
>>
>>48355286
TLwiki has the most complete version to my knowledge but these PDFs are useful, in case you can't get a connection, wiki's down, etc but so far this one lacks at least one thing the earlier one had, the premonition table, neither has the memory fragments table of course
>>
>>48355380
Both the premonition and memory fragments tables are at the back. I like this PDF over the one posted earlier because it has bookmarks enabled, makes bouncing around much easier.
>>
Have some homebrew parts:

T1 Armament:
-Lucky Charm Location Any Check AP 1 Range 0-2 When you make a critical hit on an attack roll with a Range or Blast Weapon, you may make a mutual conversation check with a sister in range.

T2 Mutation:
-Survival Instinct Location Any Auto AP 0 Range Self When the location this part resides in takes damage, the character may reduce the cost of their next maneuver by 1, to a minimum of 0.

T3 Enhancement:
-Pulse Laser Location Any Action AP 3 Range 0-2 Range Attack 2 + Dismember, +1 to attack check
>>
>>48355216
>>48352893
>>48352573
I found that studio ghibili, disney movies and fairytales all translate very nicely to Nechronica stories; I even made a robot called J7C7 (Jiminiy Cricket) and used it to guide the players to Joy (Pleasure Island). Also, the players managed to figure out the Blue Fairy reference which was impressive.

Similarly, I've made plans for a Nechronica/Totoro campaign.
>>
>>48355415
ohhh, this is very good, very very good now that i actually looked there
>>
>>48355216
>Give birth after going 10 sessions without the womb being destroyed.

Man, you can tell that was made while the game was being developed, it's easy to go down to like an arm and a sword in a battle if you roll poorly.
>>
>>48355738
Lame Beast even incentivizes not repairing your entire body. Every tough spot my character has been in has been saved in no small part thanks to having +3 on all attack rolls when everything except the weapons (all located on Arms) have been broken.
I spent several sessions going around with an entirely broken torso just for how useful a constant +1 was.
>>
>>48355645
so are the dolls Totoro or are they Satsuki/Mei? Because the idea of zombielolis being the BFG for a child from whatever world arises after the end sounds like it'd almost be even more adorable than the opposite
>>
>>48356268
I went with the opposite because I don't think the Dolls should ever be that large or at least, as big in comparison to a child as Totoro is; Totoro was a friendly horror who assisted them and guided them on a magical trek to help wake up Mommy.
>>
>>48356303
either way, i want to hear more now
>>
>>48354568
I still want my eyes back.
>>
>>48356523
It was just a campaign plan I've mapped out, in case I ever get to run my Pinnochio Nechronica again.
>>
>>48356860

Too bad, you can't have them. Enjoy your devil eyes.
>>
File: WAITO GURINTU.jpg (17KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
WAITO GURINTU.jpg
17KB, 480x360px
>>48356860
>>48356969
ya'll just jelly of my multieye swag
>>
>>48357256

>Multieye

>Not Multihead

There's a reason extra eyes are T2 and Extra head is T3.
>>
>>48357313
but I spent my Reinforcement Points on Cyborg already!
>>
File: Hustler.jpg (541KB, 900x888px) Image search: [Google]
Hustler.jpg
541KB, 900x888px
>>48357256
Yeah, right.
>>
File: 9ball.jpg (96KB, 929x1103px) Image search: [Google]
9ball.jpg
96KB, 929x1103px
>>48357610
oh please, you're just a clone
>>
>>48357372

>Not going Baroque/Romanesque to start with 7 reinforcement points
>>
File: Biped Pulverizer.jpg (276KB, 1024x787px) Image search: [Google]
Biped Pulverizer.jpg
276KB, 1024x787px
>>48357668
Not so much of a clone, more like mass-produced with hundreds of variants.
>>
>>48357684
im probably gonna end up going requiem/romanesque so i can get cyborg/rocketpack sanic-ness
>>
>>48357857
and MG/rocket fun
>>
So a question to potential GMs, what is the thing you'd like advice for most in this game?

>>48357857
You only need to go Romanesque once for that

>Get two ENH with Romanesque, put the 1 free point you get during character creation into getting a T3 ENH for cyborg, get clockwork skill on Romanesque and get Rocketpack.

Going double Romanesque is unnecessary.

>>48357871
If you want Cyborg + Rocket pack and Rocket Launcher, then Requiem/Romanesque is the best bet, unfortunately you'll have to give up either Cyborg or Rocket Pack to get Rocket Launcher at the start
>>
>>48355645
Fairytales sounds like a clever way of doing it. For some reason, I almost feel like an undead-cyborg Pilgrim's Progress would be interesting.
Journey from the city of destruction.
>>
>>48357910
yeah i was thinking the rocket launcher could wait
>>
>>48357934
or assuming i can manage to grab another 3 ENH (never happening i know), a pilebunker could be f-fun
>>
>>48357934

Unless you plan on getting another means of doing damage, and machine gun alone isn't going to be dealing enough damage, especially to lone targets and when working with melee characters. You might want to grab rocket launcher and delay getting rocket pack. From T2 Armament you can get Boost which lets you rapidly move and can be fluffed as thrusters. Also keep in mind that Rocket pack is only once per combat, not per round like everything else.
>>
>>48358034
oh yeah that does sound better, and thinking about it yeah, Rocket Pack would just be the OB rather than the rest of 'em, which frankly, being able to QB would be a higher priority
>>
>>48357987

>Pilebunker
A great part, but practically speaking, it's a part the GM's gonna get more use out of than the player just because of the cost of getting it and the fact that it's a melee attack that is most desirable for range-focused characters, and shares a tier with Psychoblaster.
>>
>>48357920
>Pilgrim's Progress
This story structure needs to be used more often.
>>
Prospective GM here. Does anyone have any additional antagonists/monsters they could share? It seems easy enough to make up new stuff on your own, but having a "monster manual" of premade stuff I can draw from would be helpful.
>>
>>48329000
Oh? It happened to you, too?
Who did you piss off?
>>
Here is yet another PDF with most of the Descriptions for skills and reinforcements.
>>
>>48358502

https://tlwiki.org/index.php?title=Nechronica:Enemy_Data

Here's a list with Legions. There's also some great horrors that haven't been translated yet.
>>
>>48359332
I'm glad, I didn't know what Crawling Skin did for the longest. Saved for posterity
>>
Idea:
Play a Maid RPG campaign until the Maids' shenanigans inevitably cause the apocalypse.
Then continue with a Nechronica campaign.

It makes perfect sense!
Not that there's a group that could ever work with.
>>
File: NA NAAAAAAAA.jpg (14KB, 346x253px) Image search: [Google]
NA NAAAAAAAA.jpg
14KB, 346x253px
>>48359332
>that special skill for the psychedelic

vortex my ass, we all know what it really is
>>
>>48359713
Oh my god. That would be amazing.

I asked some people from my group and now they want to do it as well.
>>
>>48359713
I threatened some of my players with that, though we weren't playing Maid RPG exactly. More like Night Shift using Dark Heresy's rules with randomly generated Maid PCs.

After a TPK, my plan was to swap to Nechronica using the same characters, only deader.

TPK never happened.

Second session never happened.

I was a sad GM.
>>
i'm still trying to figure out what exactly that reinforcement table is saying though. Does having 7 reinforcement points mean I can grab 3 tier 1 parts, 2 tier 2 parts AND 2 Tier 3 parts, because if so, that's absolutely mental, or is it just saying that 7 reinforcement points means you can take 2 tier 3 parts and then you've just got 1 point left, which is what i think it is
>>
>>48360929
7 reinforcement points mean that you have 3 tier 1, 2 tier 2, and 2 tier 3. Yes. It's that mental.
>>
>>48360929
The former is correct. And it's not nearly mental. Consider that, not only are parts distinct actions, but also HP. The way you're describing it, if you want a T2 and a T3 part on most starting characters, you will have 15 parts total. One of those is a treasure and, if it breaks, it is gone permanently. You would very, very quickly run out of combat options. You would be insanely fragile. You would lose half your character to a single rocket launcher shot, which you would have nigh on nothing to deal with because you have only two reinforcement parts.
>>
>>48360929

Keep in mind also that points go into the categories and tiers are based on points in that category. So a Baroque/Romanese with Baroque granting 2 Mutation points and Romanesque granting 2 enhancements. From there you can get 1 tier 1 and 1 tier 2 part in both those categories. You also get 1 free point to spend in any category, you put that point into any of the catgories and you take whatever part that would allow (putting into Armament will let you get a T1 armament and putting it into either Enhancements or mutations will let you get a T3 part).

Starting characters should have 18 parts (including treasure and basics, also psychedelics will have 1 less part each time they take the class, so a Psyche/Psyche will have 16). A rocket launcher deals 4 damage +Explosive, explosive means it deals its damage again to an adjacent hit location, that guarantees you're losing not only all the basic parts on two locations, but also 1 reinforcement part on those locations, and even that is ignoring critical hits or previous damage taken.
>>
>>48359192
No-one as far as I can, I just wasn't talking every day
>>
>>48362171
>>48359192
We had a problem with the discord kicking people at random for a while. Not sure if that's resolved or not.
>>
File: 1455063543612.gif (3MB, 300x222px) Image search: [Google]
1455063543612.gif
3MB, 300x222px
>>48359332
>Tough Love description
>>
>>48362395
Care to link an invite?
>>
>>48363396
https://discord.gg/XSFTy
Here ya go nigga.
>>
Here's a question, Rocket Launcher vs, Anti Tank Rifle? I know the rocket launcher has the explosive effect, but the 2 circles you put next to an explosive attack make it seem like you only get a couple of uses out of it, whereas otherwise you'd get more, or am I getting confused by that notation?
>>
>>48363657
wait, never mind, i was overthinking it, it's not just for explosive attacks
>>
>>48363657

>but the 2 circles you put next to an explosive attack make it seem like you only get a couple of uses out of it

What?

Anyway, in general, especially for Requiem/Requiems, you're gonna be getting more bang for your buck from rocket launcher. The range boost from Magic makes its range equal to AT rifle, and in many situations, Rocket's gonna be doing more or the same amount of damage. AT rifle's primary thing is the range. 1-3 is a pretty good range, rocket matches it only on Requiem/Requiems with magic bullet.

Best set up for using the AT rifle is Requiem/Baroque so you can grab Instrument of Evil to boost AT Rifle's damage to 6. With Lullaby this has you dealing 6 damage to a single hit location, which is pretty nasty. Rocket's weakness is that its damage gets cut heavily by explosive negation (armor plating and Crystallization, and whatever your GM might come up to counter it). Normal defends reduce the damage of rocket on savants by 2 for every 1 point as well.

Rocket's gonna see you doing more damage for less investment, but a properly done AT rifle can still be dangerous.
>>
>>48363898

*With Lullaby this has you dealing 6 damage to a single hit location for 3 AP
>>
>>48363898
see my reply, i misread something, like an idiot. So I guess it's not much different for Romanesque/Requiems then?
>>
>>48363987

Any particular reason you're going for Romanesque/Requiem and not Requiem/Romanesque? The difference between main class and subclass is that you get 2 skills from main and 1 class from sub. But if you're rolling that combination, Rocket's gonna be the better choice, unless you wanna be farther in the back.
>>
>>48364053
Well the thinking was using Romanesque for Clockwork and Waltz, but i'm still debating whether or not to reverse it actually
>>
>>48319334
http://pastebin.com/AUSRjhEG
Here's an archive I made of the TL Wiki. I want it to just be temporary, but pdf anon seems to have flown away. Please put this in the Nechronica topic next time you make a thread!

>>48357910
>So a question to potential GMs, what is the thing you'd like advice for most in this game?
Balancing combat. How to homebrew your own parts/skills.

>>48358502
Yeah, hold on. I've made a number of (shitty) monsters for my players.
http://pastebin.com/qXHGUyqQ Your mileage may vary, but here are the monsters that I considered at least 'partially' successful. I've had just as many that weren't. I can't post my Big Bad Boss yet, because the players lurk this thread and spoiling them would be just terrible.
>>
I've been considering running a Nechronica campaign set in the aftermath of a struggle for godhood that ruined everything for everyone.
The shattered remnants of armies both mundane and fantastic struggling to survive in a world laid barren while the would-have-been gods cower from the forces they unleashed and bide their time creating new worshipers and servants as best they can.
High fantasy instead of sci-fantasy, but most things should be easy enough to refluff.

That sound interesting to anyone?

Or maybe I've just been playing too much Dominions, I dunno.
>>
>>48358502

Here's one enemy:
http://pastebin.com/CxrhvwyG

This is taken from a WIP homebrew splat book. Careful Placement is a skill that the blast attack-centric class will have.

It doesn't list what most of the parts from the rulebook does.
>>
File: sheet v1.png (279KB, 1284x905px) Image search: [Google]
sheet v1.png
279KB, 1284x905px
first draft of a char sheet, how bad is it
>>
>>48364860
Scissor Hands is very much overkill in terms of number of attacks. It does the same thing as Laser but mostly worse. Other than that, she's perfectly functional.
>>
>>48364860

>Lullaby
>No gun God

You know you're putting yourself at a 40% chance to hit with a 20% chance to crit fail? You're living pretty dangerously with that.

Get rid of either laser or scissor hands. Laser might be the better choice since you can get Antenna which will let you ignore the madness gain from Fury, or energy tube for more AP. The only thing that laser's giving you over scissor hands is longer range, laser also costs more unless you want to be making attacks at a -1.
>>
File: 1467316399501.png (55KB, 217x190px) Image search: [Google]
1467316399501.png
55KB, 217x190px
>end up with a Holy Trinity party
>meat snake shenanigans damage dealer
>support/hindercentric lady
>meat shield + defend tank robutt
>it fucking works

And those were only the initial setups, even. We later branched out and shit's been fucking great. Cover + Stagger is fucking nasty.
>>
>>48365135
Got any good stories of said party you wanna share?
>>
I'd love to run something like this for my group of friends, but I have a hunch that even with how weird we all are, this would be a very hard sell.

A shame, since this sort of setting is perfect for some horrible enemy/boss encounters I've had ruminating in my mind for the last year or so.
>>
>>48364450
Sounds sick. Are you keeping the PCs as mutant cyborg zombies lolis and shotas, or doing something else?

>>48366794
My suggestion is to just go for it. Nechronica's system is pretty fun, and it does combat in a way I haven't seen before. It's a very nice system to use, as long as you don't do anything complicated outside of combat.

Why do you think it would be a hard sell? You play as effectively immortal children in a long-dead world, picking through the burnt remains for some semblance of normality, or their former life. Expect childish imagination to run wild with something as unassuming as a (mostly) whole teapot, and expect brutal combat with horrific things that will tear your Doll apart and eat the marrow. And then there's the unknowable Necromancers, which can serve any purpose you want. Caring father? Apathetic god? Someone with good intentions that's gone so deep into hell they're coming out the other side? Everything's possible.

If that doesn't sound like a barrel of monkey's worth of fun, well, then your friends are boring.
>>
>>48367435
>Sounds sick. Are you keeping the PCs as mutant cyborg zombies lolis and shotas, or doing something else?
No reason to change what works.
>>
File: 38499225_p0.jpg (565KB, 850x756px) Image search: [Google]
38499225_p0.jpg
565KB, 850x756px
>>
i didnt check the setting too deeply but, isnt it like way too dark?, dont get me wrong despairing and shits fucked no matter what campaings are ok, but you cant just do that every goddamn time, the group will suicide before long, or drop
>>
>>48368861

>i didnt check the setting too deeply but, isnt it like way too dark?
No?

>despairing
Who said anything about having to be in despair?

>shits fucked no matter campaigns
Haven't see one yet

>but you cant just do that every goddamn time, the group will suicide before long, or drop

Good thing the RPG police don't make you.
>>
>>48368580
All I can think of when I see that is what a poor idea it is to have the spine so exposed while the mouth is open.

Unless that's like a decoy spine or something, I dunno.
>>
>>48369150

If you have Foresight, you don't need a spine.
>>
>>48368580
gaping dragon from dark souls?
>>
File: u talkin shit bout alphonse m8.gif (902KB, 600x450px) Image search: [Google]
u talkin shit bout alphonse m8.gif
902KB, 600x450px
>>48365673
Good? Hell no. Almost every interaction is a disaster.

>meat snek loli is friendly to most NPCs by default
>support pile of organs is almost always hostile by default
>robutt is neutral at best
>support and DPS have tried to kill each other at least twice now because "she doesn't like my new friends!"

The best thing that happened was the savant that was our second fight ever was so pathetic and weak in combat that she was clearly meant to be disposable. So the robutt spared her. Because "she's so pathetic it's cute". And now we haul her ass everywhere, had her drive cars for us and babysit the loli. The robutt and loli both love her, but the organ pile of supports hates her guts and looks for an excuse to melt her at every turn.
>>
>>48370669
but disaster stories are the best kind!
>>
>>48370669

Honestly feel sorry for your GM, not only are you guys rolling some cheese, he really doesn't seem to know how to handle it.
>>
File: 1458023514134.jpg (54KB, 720x480px) Image search: [Google]
1458023514134.jpg
54KB, 720x480px
>>48370921
If you say so.
>find boat in a frozen shipyard
>it's occupied by a squad of girls that fancy themselves as part of the army
>they're dressed in fucking rags of uniforms
>they point guns at us
>robutt has a beret and a green jacket on so she bullshits her way through this and says she's also in the army
>roll for it, the retards somehow buy it
>they show the loli to the brig where they keep a fuckhuge savant that they couldn't kill
>the savant is an asshole and makes her cry
>the robutt ends up setting her free so they can kill her
>the army girls run like hell
>we kill the savant, she's tanky but Cover + Stagger on a lone enemy is just sad
>meanwhile the army was interrogating our useless but cute NPC catgirl
>she ratted us out and said the robutt is not actually in the army
>they kick us out, fair enough
>they pull the catgirl's hair on the way
>robutt is absolutely livid
>organ pile melts the bridge that allowed people to enter/leave the ship
>robutt fucks the hull with her rocket launcher
>we run like hell while they shoot us and their home sinks into the frozen sea

>>48370961
I also feel sorry for the guy, occasionally. But I don't think the cheesing is actually even nearly as bad as I make it sound.
>>
>>48371146

Having seen their stats, it kind of is.
>>
>>48327361
Whyd they kick you out?
>>
>>48371146
>organ pile melts the bridge that allowed people to enter/leave the ship
>robutt fucks the hull with her rocket launcher
>we run like hell while they shoot us and their home sinks into the frozen sea
Sounds fun.
>>
>>48368861
The default setting is pretty dark but you could also just not focus on the dark things. My campaign is playing out more like a comedy than a tragedy.
>>
>>48374823
I suppose you could play up the comedy angle with something like this comic strip:
http://www.lackadaisycats.com/exhibit.php?exhibitid=30

Particularly this line after the strip:
>Evidently the Lackadaisy family is a dysfunctional one, but they usually work things out in the end...uh, violently...at someone else's expense.
>>
File: Nechronica.jpg (162KB, 519x800px) Image search: [Google]
Nechronica.jpg
162KB, 519x800px
>>48374823
Forgot the image
>>
>>48375725
is this the one where she literally steals her boobs?
>>
>>48375750
I don't know actually. I just found it in a filename thread and instantly thought 'Nechronica'
>>
>>48375750
Yes.
>>
>>48376060
Oi, you can't just leave it at that. Give us a link, or at least a name.
>>
>>48374823
My character is pretty much too retarded/innocent to realize she's a monster.

So she just gleefully chows down on zombies and shrugs off her constant swapping of body parts with a big doofy grin.
>>
>>48377566
I don't know the exact manga off-hand, but it's something by Douman Seiman. Just go peruse his stuff, you should find it eventually.
>>
>>48329000
>>48362395
>>48363523
Gorram that place is more active and intimidating than expected. I feel lost. It's huge but everyone seems to know everyone.
>>
>>48377566

Nickelodeon.
>>
>>48377691
Could be Dowman's Oddman series? No idea on the chapter, though, so have fun with that.
>>
>>48363523
Is discord one of those irc clients that force you to make an account? I just wanted to see when games are being played since I'm forever without a group.
>>
>>48378500
Then making an account shouldn't be a problem. You'll use it more than once after all.
>>
>>48379803
But I'm shit at coming up with names
I really just prefer the normal IRC setup but times are changing I guess
>>
>>48380275
>spoiler
Me too but it's too biased towards casual discussion and encourages constant user on user skidding.
>names
http://www.spinxo.com/
Here.
>>
>>48380349
>>spoiler
True, but I find that once you start to establish a regular forum culture, if you don't get there early you wind up sitting on the fringes. But like I said I just don't want to change from what I'm used too. No time like the present to break that though.

>http://www.spinxo.com/
Interesting, thanks.
>>
>>48380463
>True, but I find that once you start to establish a regular forum culture, if you don't get there early you wind up sitting on the fringes.
Oh I can definetely see what you mean, though the place is small enough it's not yet saturated and everyone re-arranges themselves into sub groups based on game all the time so there's mingling.
>But like I said I just don't want to change from what I'm used too. No time like the present to break that though.
Good attitude.
>Interesting, thanks.
You're welcome.
>>
>Discord
Whatever you do, don't look at #gay-weed. It's an endless abyss. Few return.
>>
>>48377944
To me it just seems to have gone to shite while I was away.
>>
>>48364860
is there a fill able pdf or do I need to finagle my own?
>>
>>48383093
It already exists, you don't need to make your own. I went looking but apparently Warosu doesn't archive .pdf uploads so I couldn't grab it.
>>
>>48319334
looks gross
>>
File: necrobuddies.jpg (612KB, 1052x744px) Image search: [Google]
necrobuddies.jpg
612KB, 1052x744px
>>48384483

It's surprisingly cute.
>>
>>48364450
>>48367435
Funnily enough, I used a similar concept, Buddhism and pinnochio for my Nechronica setting.
>>
File: 1461725926351.gif (982KB, 320x287px) Image search: [Google]
1461725926351.gif
982KB, 320x287px
>>48319334
This seems neat, especially for a drawfig and I want to get into it, drawin dem cute undead. does the wiki have everythin I need to start with it? anyone have a character desc, I can try sketch it.
>>
>only got like three and a half sessions before the game collapsed
JUST

And I really liked how combat and HP worked, too.
>>
File: 1325082507949.png (133KB, 300x224px) Image search: [Google]
1325082507949.png
133KB, 300x224px
>desperately want to play Nechronica
>even rolled a character
>join #JTTRPG in the hopes of finding a game
>only one of them is Euro timezone friendly but it's full
>hear of Euro people trying to get a game going in this thread
>get excited
>it'll be played over skype with roll20 for the dice rolls
I've always played text only. I don't want anyone hear my shitty voice and accent.
>>
>>48384822
Might be a bit cheating because I only got to play for one session before the game kind of fell apart, but if nobody else is going to, I might as well describe my character. More cute abomination pictures are alsways good.

She was a Baroque/Gothic, ie. horrifying mutant cannibal vore-loli (you have to love a game where that's a perfectly ordinary character concept). The most notable parts she had were the meat snake in the arm slot (fluffed as one of her arms being replaced with a long tentacle ending in huge fanged jaws), scales on her body (I visualised that as pangolin-like big armored scales on her back) and a tail (I visualised that as a prehensile tail like that of a chameleon).

I also used the picture in >>48323135
as an illustration of her.
>>
File: Marauder.jpg (83KB, 709x900px) Image search: [Google]
Marauder.jpg
83KB, 709x900px
>>48384822

In case you're still willing to give it a shot.

>13 years old, about 4' 5", mostly that short due to mutated legs
>Arms that are about 6 inches longer than normal, they end in clawed hands. Also a third arm sticking out of the side of their ribcage, spindly, clawed arm.
>Tail that has a long, rusted rail road spike jutting out as if it was a spine
>Half a head, basically the top down to the nose, growing out of one shoulder. The other shoulder has a whole head, of a girl who is 16 or 17 with blond hair, attached to it by the head's neck, on the side with the third arm.
>Main head of long black hair, completely obscures the eyes, dog nose crudely glued on with tar in the place of a normal nose, and a mutated jaw with a number of wicked teeth and the jaw usually hangs open. Also animal ears on top of the head, no normal ears.
>Legs like pic related, though flesh rather than metal
>Wears a trash bag

>>48387398
Sounds like you've gotta make a choice then. Play the undead girl game or hide.
>>
File: 1455252978393.png (162KB, 498x370px) Image search: [Google]
1455252978393.png
162KB, 498x370px
>>48387476
I'll just wait warmly for another chance.
>>
>>48387398
You gotta own up to yourself, even if you think it's shitty. You will have a lot more fun if you put yourself out there. RPGs are so much more fun when you forget yourself and get into the game.
>>
>>48387690

And then you'll be sitting around here in a few months going "Maybe next time" when the next game rolls around and something isn't quite right.

Or you can just do it.
>>
File: thth.png (239KB, 658x868px) Image search: [Google]
thth.png
239KB, 658x868px
>>48387460
here is the extent of my effort currently. I'm still relatively new to body horror, and gore and whatnot, still workin on it. I think I should have gone for a more feral pose. I can do better but this is part of the start of today's drawings, gotta warm up.
>>48387690
perhaps I'll get to yours today as well. my small cute girl drawing is a tad rusty
>>
>>48390206

That looks pretty nice.
>>
File: HateFun.png (1MB, 1200x886px) Image search: [Google]
HateFun.png
1MB, 1200x886px
>>48384822
If you want to draw stuff, then my character in that pose.
>>
>>48387398
As one of the players in that game, you shouldn't stop yourself. I have a voice that sounds like a fucking Muppet but I am playing it anyway.

I'd bet you cash that your voice isn't more shitty than wakka wakka.
>>
File: Emily.jpg (605KB, 2791x2365px) Image search: [Google]
Emily.jpg
605KB, 2791x2365px
>>48390206
That is a really nice style for this, so I'm gonna be a greedy asshole and ask as well. Attached pic is some art of her I already got once and gives a good idea of how she used to look: two heads, one covered entirely in random and mismatched eyes with no other features whereas the other holds all the normal features except a horn where the eyes should be, and an arm replaced by a long snake-like creature that thickens as it continues. Since then, she's gotten:
>A heart which grows out of her neck, hanging by veins and arteries, like a necklace. It's still beating and has been known to leak blood.
>An infestation of snakes in her eye-head. They tend to roam a lot, so there'd be eyes knocked out of their sockets hanging by optic cords, and snakes at random slithering around on top of her or visibly under the skin.
>Patches of snake scales at random over her body
>A lower half like a snake's which has replaced her legs. Later, the latter half of this snake portion branched out into three such extensions, each ending in a tail like a rattle snake's.
>The ability to detach and float her body parts at will, which has made her really lazy about keeping together well. There's gaps between her limbs and body, perhaps even some just floating nonsensically.

Hopefully you can make something out of this clusterfuck of a character design. This is what happens when you have 130 favor and no sense of restraint.
>>
>>48384822
>does the wiki have everything I need to start with it
Everything that's been translated, so far.
>>
File: player explains his race choice.jpg (89KB, 770x254px) Image search: [Google]
player explains his race choice.jpg
89KB, 770x254px
>>48378356
IIRC Oddman has nobody literally falling apart.
And fewer lesbians than average for the author.
>>
File: junk in a nutshell.gif (1016KB, 500x210px) Image search: [Google]
junk in a nutshell.gif
1016KB, 500x210px
>>
>>48392801
I see that image everywhere here. Where's it from? Reverse image search gives me nothing.
>>
>>48393200
For god's sake man, it's Oddman 11. Pay attention.
>>
>>48392801
The catgirl lost her virginity after she and her boyfriend got Drakengard's Ending E if I recall.
>>
File: woops.png (202KB, 682x813px) Image search: [Google]
woops.png
202KB, 682x813px
>>48387476
C-cute. it dawned on me that you probably meant the other half of the head, I hope its a gothic so it can make use of that mouth lel.
>>48391116
Are you referring to the pose of the no fun guy?
>>48392681
wow, that sounds hardcore, do you mean the lower snake body spliting into 3 smaller snake bits with rattles?
I am readin the replay and the details of dolls. I want to roll a main Thanatos, baroque.
then the rules and whatnot.
>>
>>48395668

Not a gothic, but still really nice, even with the goof The lack of eyes is more confusing
>>
File: Hopefully this explains it.jpg (1MB, 1580x1185px) Image search: [Google]
Hopefully this explains it.jpg
1MB, 1580x1185px
>>48395668
>>48392681 here, that's the general idea. Basically imagine your average lamia where the human half meets a snake half, and then about halfway through that snake portion there's these two unnatural juts just continuing with the same general tapering, all eventually ending in rattlesnake tails. So, if we took the red line I've half-assed in paint as this snake's "halfway" mark, what followed thereafter would happen thrice: down the middle, splitting to the left, and splitting to the right. And then all ending in rattlesnake tails. Hopefully that's clear enough?
>>
>>48395668
The game I was in is on an indefinite hiatus, but for the three sessions we played I played a Baroque/Thanatos Junk. While all the other dolls knew that they were broken freaks, she just never really thought about it and thought it was completely normal to chow down on zombie viscera while haphazardly stuffing her entrails back in her midsection for the third time.

She also had a drill instead of one arm and a pile bunker for a leg, so she was something of a mess. The rest of the team treated her as more of a retarded puppy than a person, but she was just happy to have friends (they found her alone for who knows how long in a room filled with zombie corpses she was stocking up on) and was a CQC beast with her 'Splosion Drill
>>
>>48395668
So what of your character, kind drawfriend? Do you have ideas for how you'd like her to look? I'm pretty interested to hear an artist's thoughts on designing their character.
>>
>>48395668

Just wanna say, even with the details that were wrong, you absolute nailed the feel for the character. Really, excellent job there.

Especially with obscuring the eyes, as she only has one and it's a large off center bird's eye.[/spoiler
>>
>>48394408
Wasn't it the Tokyo Tower ending? Also updates when
>>
>>48395668
Yes, I meant the slav-girl in the no fun allowed pose.
>>
>>48395668
>>48390206
I adore your art and as a DM always need more. How can I commission you for some?
>>
>>48395668
Your artstyle is really cool mate. Definitely fitting for Nechronice, I think.
>>
>>48399807
Yeah, that's ending E. The one where you have to beat an absurdly hard rhythm game boss in a game that has no other rhythm game segments, then you get killed in a cutscene.

Thanks, Taro. Fuck you too.
>>
File: gfzr.png (245KB, 635x865px) Image search: [Google]
gfzr.png
245KB, 635x865px
>>48387476
I have awoken, and found that I forgot that tail. here is a quick edit.
>>48397118
reading up on the doll page and the other page it says to refer too, design wise I would want her to be wielding an axe, a strong lookin extra mutation arm to support her main Thanatos , and to add cuts, holes, esposed muscle and burns, that kind of aesthetic stuff to give the feel of being an undead but still retaining the young girl look. it seems the attire is up to the player so I would put her in tattered clothes bordering what a young girl would wear, and a post apocalyptic raider. all at the tender age of 12 - 14
>>48400352
Thank ye, but I do not think my art is good enough yet to be commissioned. but out of curiosity what did you have in mind? like character sheets, simple scenes at intervals like in a light nove?
>>
>>48401138
Not that guy but your style does work well for things with a bloody/messy aesthetic to it.
>>
>>48401138
I'm not the requester, but I am in the same game as them. Fantastic work! Well done!
>>
>>48401138
Going for the already mangled sort of look, huh? Wear and tear and all that, even when "undamaged"? A man after my own heart. Dolls that are too intact just don't feel authentically dead enough.
>>
File: Kouji Tajima-.jpg (22KB, 640x640px) Image search: [Google]
Kouji Tajima-.jpg
22KB, 640x640px
>>48401214
Agreed, especially for something like a Thanatos, something like that is bound to acquire many scars
>>
>>48371146
To be completely fair, the Army Girls did pull the cat girls hair. And that's just a bitch thing to do no matter what apocalypse has fucked your worldview to hell. And no, I don't know anything about this game outside of "Undead loli lesbians."
>>
>>48341012
And they never did, because it never Actually happened
>>
>>48402447
Because everyone is dead in Nechronica.
>>
>>48401138
I do a lot of horror games and GM for Nechronica. Your work is ideal for how I like my horror art; raggedy, ala Aeron Alfrey. I would like to buy some art for some of my players and sadly, I'm not sure I can get how they would describe their characters before you have to leave for work or some other reason.
>>
>>48401138

>Thank ye, but I do not think my art is good enough yet to be commissioned.

Would honestly disagree with this, but your style is perfect for this game.

Would have loved to be able to try and get you for a piece of art or two for an unofficial splat book.
>>
>>48401138
You're pretty good, dude. Believe in yourself.
>>
ded game
>>
>>48407262
unded game
>>
File: 1465944900408.png (410KB, 877x1045px) Image search: [Google]
1465944900408.png
410KB, 877x1045px
Page 10 cease your shenanigans at once.
>>
>>48410912

That is certainly a mutation. At least she'd be able to see why kids love Cinnamon Toast Crunch.
>>
File: Nechronica.webm (707KB, 1067x600px) Image search: [Google]
Nechronica.webm
707KB, 1067x600px
>>
File: THIS IS A PILEBUNKER.jpg (20KB, 800x279px) Image search: [Google]
THIS IS A PILEBUNKER.jpg
20KB, 800x279px
>>48411048
mutations are nice and all, but frankly enhancements are where it's at
>>
File: Real Lightning.jpg (3MB, 4000x2000px) Image search: [Google]
Real Lightning.jpg
3MB, 4000x2000px
>>48411158

Naw man, it's all about the armaments.
>>
>>48323608
Have you seen the creepywaifu threads on /d/?
Cutest shit on the board.
>>
File: 1464064825881.jpg (890KB, 900x1200px) Image search: [Google]
1464064825881.jpg
890KB, 900x1200px
>>48411983
Armaments pls go. Everyone knows you're the least interesting of the categories.
>>
File: IMG_4528-vi.jpg (149KB, 750x391px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_4528-vi.jpg
149KB, 750x391px
>>48412389
still looks cool
>>
>>48413226
>>48411158
As I said earlier in the thread, attacheck that to a little girl's leg peg leg style and slap a drill on forearm and you've got my cannibalistic zombieloli
>>
>>48411158
I prefer mutations, because I like that kind of weird body horror aestethic. Although replacing your zombielolis' limbs with drills and blades is cool as well.
>>
>>48414756
I like enhancements. The fun mechanics are all in there.
>>
lewded game
>>
>>48416024

We don't lewd the Nechronicas.
>>
>>48412389
>implying auto-seperate isn't the dopest shit.

Really, being able to say fuck off to any enemy that has dismember is nice. My current goal is slowly turning my girl into a zombified atlas.
>>
>>48416356
My bad, auto-seperate is an enhancement. I am a dumbass.
>>
>>48392681
I remember some of your storytimes. Nice to see your game is still going, and Emily is well on the way from a run of the mill mutant zombie loli into some kind of horrendous(ly cute) eldritch loli-abomination. Although if memory serves, she was pretty much an un-living weapon of mass destruction from session 1.
>>
File: 1296868669463.jpg (23KB, 198x263px) Image search: [Google]
1296868669463.jpg
23KB, 198x263px
I'm starting to think the image I have in my head for my Nech char is too normal looking.
>>
>>48417239
Some characters simply look more normal than others.
>>
>>48417272
To be honest, I want her to start out as a scared little girl who doesn't understand she's a zombie cannibal in a dead world.

Yet I want to give her a Glasgow smile and sharp jagged teeth because I don't think a preteen can Rip and Tear with a normal mouth.
>>
>>48417239
>>48417335

Start relatively normal, and pile on the mutations and stuff over time. Half the fun is slowly building up your zombieloli into some kind of horrifying abomination that's as far removed from your standard undead as zombies are from living beings. All the while still retaining the mind of a 12 year old girl.

And yeah, Glasgow grin and a jumble of sharp teeth is perfectly ordinary thing by Nechronica standards.
>>
>>48417679
Part of me doesn't want to give the poor little Alice (not her name, her position) too many mutations, but it'll probably happen anyway.
>>
>>48417239

Ran a character before who, beyond being patch work skin, was pretty normal looking. They even tried their best to wear more clothing to cover it up. The only mutation they ended up getting was heart, which was fluffed as her cutting open her own chest and putting a pace maker she found onto her heart to see what would happen.

It takes all kinds and there's still a place for the girl who only looks a little off.
>>
>>48417239
It's okay! It's not the monster on the outside that counts, but the monster on the inside.
>>
What are people's favorite class?

I like Baroque for being able to take most mutations, but thematically there really isn't that much to them aside from "can take loads of mutations". Gothic is probably the one I like best character concept wise, since it lends itself well to the kind of character I'd want to try, one who is simultaneously monstrous and extremely innocent, ie. she's a naive little girl who is also a terrifying killing machine with an insatiable hunger for flesh, and is motivated primarily by wanting to protect the things she considers her friends and eat the things she considers food, not really getting why others might be disturbed by her tearing apart and devouring her enemies.
>>
>>48390206
>>48395668

Your style has a nice Guy Davis feel to it.

http://guydavisart.tumblr.com/

I'd love to see what you imagination supplies as a Necromancer.
>>
File: AN EXQUISITE MEME.jpg (65KB, 846x846px) Image search: [Google]
AN EXQUISITE MEME.jpg
65KB, 846x846px
>>48416356
>auto separate
>Atlas
>>
>>48418126
for me it's romanesque, but that's just my bias toward ENH speaking, and for going as fast as possible, which explains my love for the Requiem's Hand of Death skill
>>
>>48416356
As in Charles Atlas? Or the guy who carried the world on his shoulders?
>>
>>48418126

Mechanically? It's honestly pretty hard to choose. Least favorite is probably the Romanesque due to only having Enhancements as their thing.

Thematically? The psychedelic, it's honestly the art they used and the blurb that really sells it.
>>
unded girls
unded game
unded thred
>>
>>48418126
Stacy because you can just go Sundowner on bitches
>>
>>48418126
Gothic
>>
To die, to sleep. To sleep, perchance to dream. And in that sleep of death what dreams may come?
>>
>>48426456
Nah, you gotta sleep for sleep's sake. Such is life as a holic addicted to sleeping.
>>
File: 24178843_p1.jpg (998KB, 1600x1132px) Image search: [Google]
24178843_p1.jpg
998KB, 1600x1132px
>>
File: 50498253_p0.jpg (390KB, 980x896px) Image search: [Google]
50498253_p0.jpg
390KB, 980x896px
>>
One time, i made a character called roach. Had 4 arms and no head.
Nobody knew what that was a reference to and i don't think anybody here will know either
>>
File: 1463861556408.jpg (38KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
1463861556408.jpg
38KB, 600x600px
>>48351273
>there's no RPG Gestapo that's going to kick down your door and send your group to the salt mines.

Thats what you think.
>>
due to shenanigans from last nights debacle, here are the summary of last nights session.

http://pastebin.com/rsg8qxf2

Smiles failed to protect in this campaign so far: 3
>>
Does anyone have a fillable and saveable character sheet pdf lying around? TLwiki had one but its kill.
>>
File: GMJmjSG.jpg (363KB, 1024x1451px) Image search: [Google]
GMJmjSG.jpg
363KB, 1024x1451px
Necromancy.
>>
I wonder if it would be possible to make a random necrololi generator, like how there's a random maid generator for Maid. There are stuff, like the fragments of memory table that you could randomize, but it might be harder to program a generator that can randomize the position and classes and then pick random parts of aproppriate types and tiers based on how many points you have.
>>
>>48437306

It works for maid because, asides from name, every aspect of the character is rolled for and has a table. It would be very unlikely to make such a generator that could reliably spit out a playable character.
>>
>>48434019
Sounds like some pretty cool stuff happened. Hopefully lots more fun, interesting and traumatizing stuff happens to report on.
>>
>>48440178
Everything is traumatizing to a degree. However the only thing that was near or close to that was when our overambitious npc was told to stay near one of the girls at all times. Then combat happened and she got to feel what it feels like to have a chainsaw rip apart their head. Then grow a new one.
>>
File: tgmeh.png (291KB, 750x366px) Image search: [Google]
tgmeh.png
291KB, 750x366px
>Have the corebook
>Ordered in sourcebooks 1,2 and 3.
>Going to order in the fanbooks and replays when I can.
>Can't understand a single drop of Japanese.
>Cramming it into my head every night without fail so I can actually read/use the damn things.
>MFW
>>
>>48440507
The sad thing is that some of the replays butcher the rules completely. Go ahead and ask and we can try to answer any questions you have.
>>
File: 1461701186053.jpg (63KB, 556x617px) Image search: [Google]
1461701186053.jpg
63KB, 556x617px
>>48440579
>the "recommended" replay
>>
File: 1453269046084.gif (2MB, 480x270px) Image search: [Google]
1453269046084.gif
2MB, 480x270px
>>48370961
It ain't that bad. I just instinctively make fights weaker than I should.
Just make the savants cry when they lose and they'll be turned into DMPCs against your will.
>>
File: 1467233039840.jpg (44KB, 386x261px) Image search: [Google]
1467233039840.jpg
44KB, 386x261px
>>48440714
Don't make cute savants and this won't happen you mong
>>
File: 1be.jpg (32KB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
1be.jpg
32KB, 640x360px
>>48440781
Keep it up, see what happens.
>>
File: 130176452447.jpg (79KB, 407x587px) Image search: [Google]
130176452447.jpg
79KB, 407x587px
Gurochan is awesome.

I'd love to play this again. The game I played before fell apart, but it's crazy fun once it gets going.
>>
>>48442950
While Gurochan is indeed awesome, it's not terribly useful as far as this game goes. Sheer bodily damage doesn't really make for good character art.
>>
Reminder that Servants are trustworth
and so are moths
>>
File: SHINICHI YOU LITTLE SHIT.jpg (94KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
SHINICHI YOU LITTLE SHIT.jpg
94KB, 500x375px
>>48445187
REMOVE MOTH
>>
>>48445187
>>48445216
Story time?
>>
>>48445298
>organpile/robutt/loli party from the boat story
>This is before the boat.

>Adventuring in subway tunnels!
>Keep noticing something following us, skittering along the walls.
>Eventually meet up with it
>It's some creepy girl
>pinned to a wall by another savant we'd met before.
>Not held against the wall, pinned, on a spike.
>Naturally, the loli immediately declares it her best friend, as is standard operating procedure.
>Naturally, the organpile is a huge cunt and wants to kill it, as is standard operating procedure.

>Loli and meatpile get in an argument.
>They eventually huff off, leaving the girl behind, but she follows behind them, flying and showing off insect wings.
>This makes the meatpile even more angry
>Apparently bugs are "creepy" and "need to be purged".
>After another spat with the loli, she runs off to throw a tantrum.
>A runaway train car separates them long enough for the meatpile and the bug to be alone long enough for the meatpile to start external digestion procedures
>PvP starts
>Good choices.
>Catgirl helps the moth escape in the commotion
>Catgirl is best girl
>As always.
>>
File: fran-monsters.jpg (326KB, 600x624px) Image search: [Google]
fran-monsters.jpg
326KB, 600x624px
>>
unded
>>
>>48451701
thred
>>
>>48454591
Wow. You're really trying to make sure the thread doesn't die.
>>
Cpr coming through.
>>
Just got done reading through the book. This looks like a really cool game, but I'm a huge sucker for post-apocalyptic settings where there isn't a sense of hope.
>>
>>48457713
Whether or not there is hope is ultimately up to the Necromancer to decide. So you can have your hopelessness.
>>
>>48457822
I meant more in the sense that the world is pretty much doomed without some sort of godlike miracle, but characters certainly have hope for smaller, more personal victories.
Thread posts: 315
Thread images: 69

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.