[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Warhammer 40k General

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 336
Thread images: 43

File: StickItImage_1468708930544.jpg (262KB, 1024x928px) Image search: [Google]
StickItImage_1468708930544.jpg
262KB, 1024x928px
Anon's wierd obsession with Hank edition
>>48302304

>Rules databases
https://mega.nz/#F!BxI1HSgI!0tKymKh9RZTzGpgIA5EyCg

>FAQ’s and Errata (outdated but official)
https://www.games-workshop.com/en-GB/Rules-Errata

>40k 7th edition quick reference sheet(s).
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/4104995/Games/7edRef.pdf

>Forgeworld Book index
http://www.dakkadakka.com/wiki/en/Forge_World_and_Apocalypse_Rules_Index

> The Black Library(Stay the fuck away from the clowns)
https://mega.nz/#F!wx4BiKhD!YhnAf1BqSmAB8dO6xDM56Q!c4pGAJDb

> Space 0Din's fanfiction(nsfw) [Beastiality][Rape][Bondage][HandHolding][Cuckholding][French][WaterSports][InterpretiveDance][31WaysToRoastChicken][Yuri][ProlongedEyecontact][Interspecies][MindBreak][StarwarsChristmasSpecial][GermanEletroYodel]
https://www.dropbox.com/s/lsx27fo3rq2x7tk/Codex%20-%20Orks%207th%20Edition%20Update%20[Space%20Odin](2016).pdf?dl=0
>>
How long until Vanilla Marines gain access to Daemon Engines, Obliterators, Cultists and Princes?
>>
>>48311571
never
>>
Never, they actually give them good stuff.
>>
https://discord.gg/FpVfNKp

never forget we have a discord server guys
>>
>>48311506
Who's hyped for 8th edition next year?
>>
>>48311577
>Implying they won't
Just give it time
>>
>>48311619
Well, I'm really hoping for an edition that drives a bit of the focus away from the shooting phase and gives more space to melee
I mainly play kay-ohss
>>
>>48311644
No Anon, the Add Mek will get something to full that role.
>>
>>48311598
Oh no, they would buff them first. Obliterators would gain Chapter Tactics and ability to fire it's twin-linked grav cannons 2. Their Daemon Princes would have Eternal Warrior and Engines would be MC with 4 attacks base. Cultists would be 2 pts/model and they would have Infiltration
>>
>>48311670
How would you feel about Overwatch costing your close combat on the turn you're charged?
If it doesn't already, I'm tired and haven't played in some time.
>>
>>48311735
Overwatch should be something you choose to do in lieu of shooting.
>>
Hey /tg/, I used to play 40k a few years ago, and I'm thinking of getting back into it now that my siblings are interested.

Just wondering how Imperial Guard fare in general, and how Imperial Knights stand up against other armies like AdMech or Orks (What my siblings want).

Also, if anyone has any tips on collecting/building/playing IG/IK, I would appreciate the advice.
>>
I have a large 30K Alpha Legion force and I want to create an element of it that can be played in 40k using C:SM rules. I'm unsure what chapter tactics would fit best for them, I was thinking Ultra's as it shows flexible doctrine, or Raven Guard. Ofc you could claim they are fighting as any chapter therefore any rules can apply... But I want to play them in 40K as Alpha Legion fighting as themselves.
>>
>>48311735
Would be good, but a lot of those who would be fine with it (think of tau) would still be golden while other (marines come to my mind) would drop a lot in efficacity
>>
>>48311765
*are already fine with it
>>
>>48311763
Well Alpha Legion "fighting as themselves" could be basically anything you want. The only ones that wouldn't really work would be Salamanders from a fluff perspective, and Imperial Fists are pretty poop.
>>
Eldar is OP.

Even casual players use jetbike + Wraithlord + Waveserpents + Optimized psykers. Fill out the rest with "flavor" units to justify you playing an overpowered codex.
>>
File: 1466469409952.jpg (43KB, 500x294px) Image search: [Google]
1466469409952.jpg
43KB, 500x294px
>>48311795
Ha.
>>
>>48311754
IG are in a much better state now you have the Cadia detachment and formations. Great way to start is the 'start collecting' box. You can then choose if you want mech/mob/tanks from that. Knights are good fun, though can either seem really good vs new opponents or fall short in objective games. Either of those armies will hold well vs AdMech, sadly Orks have a bad time vs everyone as they are really lacking Codex love. Also the renegade box set is great for starting a knight army
>>
File: Imperial_Guard_Officer.jpg (58KB, 409x463px) Image search: [Google]
Imperial_Guard_Officer.jpg
58KB, 409x463px
+ + +CAD+ + +

HQ:

>Pask (Punisher) - 210
>[Leman Russ Executioner - 155]

Troops:

>Veteran Squad (2x Meltagun) - 80
>[Chimera (Autocannon) - 70]

>Veteran Squad (3x Meltagun) - 90 (In Valkyrie)

>Veteran Squad (Forward Sentries, Vox) - 75

Fast Attack:

>Valkyrie - 125

>Hellhound - 125

Fortifications:

>Aegis Defence Line (Quad Gun) - 100

+ + +Emperor's Wrath Artillery Platoon+ + +

>CCS (Volkov's Cane) - 60
>[Chimera (Autocannon) - 70]

>Techpriest Enginseer - 40

>2x Wyvern - 130

>Manticore - 170

Total: 1500

List I posted last thread but with a couple of slight changes.
Techpriest mans the Quad Gun, Wyverns are two separate units to fulfill the formation requirements, but I couldn't be bothered to do two separate entries.
>>
>>48311794
When I say 'fighting as themselves' I just mean not in the infiltrating legions way
>>
>>48311830
Are you designing this for tournament play ? Because I see one major flaw: no one would like to play against this.
>>
>>48311795
>Eldar is OP
>Wraithlord

Top bait btw
>>
>>48311735
Would that not defeat the entire purpose of overwatch? Why wait to fire hitting only on sixes when you can fire on your full balistic skill in your own turn at the same unit?
>>
>>48311846
I'm saying you could justify almost any CTs with that. Pick one you want.
>>
>>48311753
Then you could troll tau by being close enough to change but never doing it so they never fire their guns.
>>
>>48311826
My LFGS has a "Cadian Defense Force" box so I was thinking of picking that up to start my army off. Gives me either 1 platoon of soldiers or two veteran squads. What all does the Renegades Box come with? Two bodies at least, but what weapons? Can you make a Knight Warden with it? How about Icarus Autocannons?
>>
>>48311864
What was the purpose of it again? Aside from adding another barrier to getting into close combat.
>>
>>48311830
What is the point of the wyverns really in emperors wrath? They already have twin-linked, they don't really benefit from ignores cover, maybe the pinning thing is useful? Correct me if I'm wrong, but points better used else where or find points for basilisks
>>
>>48311806
>>48311863

Name one codex that is can compare to Eldar.

I try to avoid one-dimensional Necro/tau gimmicks and Grav marine shenanigans.

Good luck.
>>
>>48311891
Fair point. And it would help balance the tau a bit.
>>
>>48311891
Giving Tau another layer of "I shoot at you anyways" shenanigans. Next step will be allowing ranged weapons in close combat.
>>
>>48311830
Two groups of upgraded jetbikes and a wraithlord would rape your list.

The rest of the eldar army would just cuck you on objectives.
>>
>>48311859
It's for a tournament with my mates next weekend, it's competitive, but not to retarded levels (i.e: no one is bringing riptide wings, double demi, skyhammer, ridiculous spam lists, etc. The Eldar player uses more than just jetbikes and no wraith units, the tau player just has one Riptide).

8 of us get together for Hammerfest twice a year, it's a lot of fun. Any list can be fun to play with or against if you're doing it with your best friends.
>>
>>48311914
Tau and muhreens can compete. Others just decline games after seeing this kind of list :)
>>
Overwatch is in the game solely because GW can't balance the assault phase worth shit.
>>
>>48311939
Yeah, but this one just looks too painful for normal games, as it requires to specifically tech against it :)
>>
>>48311885
The defence force is a good buy also yeah. You wanna go for the autocannons on the weapons teams btw, and regular battle cannons on russ' aren't worth it with the ordanace rule. Yeah I'm pretty certain the renegade box is 2 of the 'new' warden knight kit
>>
>overwatch hits at full BS

BUT
>negative BS modifier if either unit ran and if the assaulting unit moved
>all assaulting units have some kind of gap closer
>can assault from deepstrike
>if a unit with power lances is charged by a HoW unit, they can do HoW attacks back at the enemy equal to the number of lances at AP -
>all power weapons are dropped to 5 pts across the board, fists to 15
>plasma pistols 10 pts
>minimum charge distance of 4", minimum run distance of 6"

Y/N
>>
"Low tier gods" tell me how you defeat Wraithlords with your "fluffy" army lists.

SoB gets wrecked without allies unless they roll 6's for days on exorcist.

How about the rest of you boys ?

I'm trolling, but I'm also genuinely curious.
>>
>>48311914
Marines, tau, corsairs :^)
>>
>>48311864
I meant if you Overwatch then you don't get to fight back in that round of close combat. It does nothing to the shooting phase.
Am I being stupid because I'm tired? If so please point out where.
>>
>>48311995
wraithlords are the good, balanced wraith construct.
>>
>>48311981
Oh, and

>Epic style suppression mechanic
>>
>>48311963
What's so special about the list ?

Flyers and a few arty pieces is now "TRYHARD MODE" ?

Wake up. His opponents are playing ELDAR.
>>
>>48311995
Fearless swarms work, typhus zombies, zealot conscripts. You can bog them down for a turn. If you are that bothered by Wraithknights tell your opponent and if he sperges out then they aren't worth playing
>>
>>48311981
>>48312020

What's wrong with overwatch as it is ?

Closeted Bloodmarine player ?
>>
>>48311830
One of your veteran squads has a Vox. Why? The only guy who can give him commands is the Company Commander and he doesn't have a vox. You need 2 voxes to get the reroll.
>>
>>48312046
I feel like it'd be more intuitive that way.
>>
Played a Contact Lost Maelstrom Mission against an Ultramarine Battle Company w/ an Armoured Task Force. I was bringing a pure Ravenwing list. Each tile had one ruin and some craters as well as other scraps of terrain but it was built high on the outskirt with a single level ruin in the center.

When we rolled on Contact Lost I figured I was screwed for the mission so I opted to gun him down and obtain what points I could while decimating his fort.

I popped his Predatorand a Razorback on the first turn and grav'd his Vindicator and a second Razorback with the only units that I had scout. The rest turbo boosted for the free jink to protect against the ton of shooting that may come my way. Heavy Bolters from my Support Squadron took out a few Devastators

He poured tactical squads all over the board and scored a few points not much damage besides glancing a Landspeeder, immobilizing a Darkshroud and killing a 3-man grav squad.

I continued to blow up his armor including the Whirlwind that seem misplaced. My Deathstar smashed into a 5 man tac Squad and wiped them while some other Black Knights plasmad his Centurians (that didn't have a transport) that were in poor cover and within rapid fire range.

On his second turn he took out all my meltas besides two separate attack bikes that got tied up by Tac Squads. He finished off the two Double Multimelta Landspeeders. He finally made my Support Squadron and Deathstar Jink but no real damage.

On my third turn I was all over his side of the field, he had a bunch of empty Razorbacks all over and a Dreadnaught shooting at me but most of his tac squads got ripped apart. My jinking Deathstar took out 3/5 marines before the charge and cleaned them up.

His Chaplain and Captain with Jump Packs and some Assault Marines fought well against some black knights taking 4/6 of them out in exchange for 3/8 Assault Marines. His bikes charged mine but died in overwatch. His Thunderfire Cannon killed my Apothecary and another
>>
File: Hammerfest.jpg (2MB, 2560x1920px) Image search: [Google]
Hammerfest.jpg
2MB, 2560x1920px
>>48311963
Yes, but unfortunately I must rid myself of this wooden spoon
>>
>>48311981
I would go with
>No more overwatch, this really sucks, shooty armies already have quite an edge without that
>maybe update the to hit rolls to range from 2+ to 6+ to hit
>min charge distance is 4
>>
>>48312058
Emperor's Wrath Artillery Platoon. The Manticore gets twin-linked if the vox can see what it's shooting at and is within 18" of the Manticore.
>>
>>48311970
I was planning Autocannons. I was also planning to eventually have the option to choose between mortars, Lascannons, and Autocannons.

That's great. I'll have to pick up the Renegade box then, and maybe another Knight Warden later on.

My siblings and I are starting small, and I think that my LFGS is starting a new 40k Escalation league soon. Will the defence force make a decent 500 point army?
>>
>>48312062
I could continue in depth but due to his early landgrab and spread of troops for points and generating objectives he scored 8 to my 5 but conceded at the end of turn five with three Razor Backs, four tactical Marines and a couple Devastators left on the field while I still had Two Darkshrouds, two units of regular black knights, my two HQs with their banner bearer and grenade launcher Black Knights and two Landspeeders.
>>
>>48311913
They're cheap and it lets me use my Manticore, a model I love that now has new purpose. A basilisk is my next hobby purchase, I'm just working with what I've got at the moment.

But you are completely right.
>>
>>48312046
What's wrong with overwatch is not really the mechanic, it's the "extra shooting phase and fuckton of shenanigans that give your opponent half a turn of extra shooting" part. Getting in melee in 40k is already hard, it shouldn't be made harder.
>>
>>48312109
Sooo annoying bike spam beats a mish mash marine list? Was the game any fun, that part seems missing because report wise that looks like a snore fest.
>>
>>48312102
For sure, it makes a really solid 500pts. Command squad, vet squads and a Russ will do fine, that can be the core and upgrade the units where applicable
>>
>>48312061
>>48312152

People have been complaining how little "active" input players have on each others turn since the first edition. This is a step in the right direction.

I'd like the player phases to be interjected even more, such as sacrificing WHOLE phases to get a D3 modified unit moves on your opponent turn and such.
>>
>>48312215
And overwatch and interceptor proves it's not worth having without redoing the game from the ground up.
>>
>>48312215
Why not just use epic rules and trade off turns for each unit (choosing what actions you want to take with a unit, then your opponent does it, then you pick a new unit, so on and so forth)?
>>
Yo, tg. Dark Eldar player here. I recently came to possess 33 (finecast) Wracks; 30 wracks + 3 acothysts. I want to build the acothysts to have some special weapons for if I ever want to drop some more shooting into a squad. Question is this - Build them with 3 liquifiers, or 3 hexrifles?
>>
>>48312215
As I said, the mechanic is fine it's the amount of shenanigans that come with it that is really annoying :)
>>
>>48312153
>Sooo annoying bike spam beats a mish mash marine list?

We had a good time, though it was a pretty quick game for five turns. I always like facing SM but other Space Marine players had been much closer and more of a blood bath. His Tac Spam stuff was pretty eh but he wanted to try it.
>>
>>48312178
So what do I put on the Russ, then? If Battle Cannon isn't good, then what else can the kit in the defence force make?
>>
>>48312278
That's good, I dread having to play against my groups marine player with my marines. The guy has so much IG, Chaos and Ork shit but no he has to use Gravturions and a Knight Crusader the cheeky git.
>>
>>48312315
You can build the vanquisher, eradicator and the auto cannon one I think
>>
>>48312247
Epic is alright, but makes the game very slow.
I'd rather have a hybrid that makes the game faster AND adds a new dimension at the same time. (trading phases/VP for limited immediate interruption.)

>>>48312152
What shenaningans ? Other than "assault sux now" I don't see whats so broken that a FAQ or 8th edition can't fix.

>>48312245
Now this is true! Both mechanics are crutches to a much bigger flaw in the game.
>>
>>48312315
If you don't want to use the battle cannon, you can buy an Exterminator with bolter sponsons for the same price, or an Eradicator with bolter sponsons for ten points less. The Former gives you autocannons, the latter ignores cover.
>>
>forgeworld with lots of mountains
>hive cities and industries built in the carved mountains
>call it "alpina"

is the latin correct?
>>
>>48312245
I'm fine with that, can we rename the Psychic phase the Command phase? It could include IG orders, Tau marker lights and any other buffs.
>>
>>48312371
Getting nearby units to also fire overwatch, allowing multiple overwatch in the same phase by the same unit, allowing overwatch on squads with hit and run...
>>
>>48312345
>>48312379

How does the Vanquisher fare? S 8 AP 2 Armourbane seems like it could be useful for punching Ork vehicles in the gut, and the AP 2 would be great for taking down the Admech Kastellan Robots that my other brother wants to use.
>>
>>48312418
They are pretty bad as Tank Destroyers unless you are using pask or fielding an Armoured Company CAD. With AC, you can purchase Beast Slayer rounds for the Lead Vanquishers in your squads for 5/10 points each which will grant you a second firing mode with a small blast, str 8 ap2 instant death.
>>
>>48312400
Alpinus or Alpini would be more correct imo.
>>
>>48312418
Your autocannon variant is better in both scenarios. More shots. The problem of the vanquisher is that the dude inside is only BS3, so you'll miss 50% of the time. He gets better when you take a tank commander/pask for the BS buff etc. Also with regards to the robots, they have a rule where a saving throw of 6 reflects the shot back at you! So autocannons can't hurt your front hull
>>
>>48312464
Beast slayer rounds? What book? FW IA?
>>
File: chimerapic.png (320KB, 472x314px) Image search: [Google]
chimerapic.png
320KB, 472x314px
>>48312418

A common tap IG players fall into.

A vanq is 135 points without Pask. For that, you get a long-range almost-meltagun with BS 3 that shoots 6 times per game.

You hit 3 of these times. Most vehicles in the game have 3 hull points. Given that at least once you will probably fail to roll a good pen result even on 2 dice, you are spending 135 points to take 2 HP off a vehicle per game. It's a huge waste of points. With Pask it gets a little better, but not much.

>but mutlimelta sponsons!

Or just take servitors with multimeltas in an INQ chimera, or even enginseers with meltabots. You get teh same firepower for less. Even better - take meltavets in chimeras for obsec, mobility, and bs4 melta. You lose the range, but they are more reliable and useful overall.

For medium and light vehicles, chimeras are actually better at stripping hullpoints point per point than most other things in the IG list, even if they need 4s 5s or 6s to do it. Volume of shots on cheap platforms and good range behind decent armor with 3 HP to keep it on the table.
>>
>>48312418
High strenght, high rate of fire weapons are enough to handle ork vehicles. They generally dont have high armour and the ones that do (Battlewahon) have weak sides so with positioning one can easily tickle their av12 sides (or av10 backs).

Same with castellans. They have T7 and 3+/5++. They also bounce back shots with 6+ to save so getting your ass lascannon/AT-shell bounced back is going to hurt Vanquisher.

All-in-all, Vanquisher is not great. It has a clear role but doesnt excel in it.

If you want good Lemanruss against both then I suggest Exterminator with hull Lascannon and side Multimeltas. Good all-arounder that puts out ton of shots (more fire is good in 7th due how hullpoints and Monstrous Creatures work) so on average they will hurt almost anything and do it with moderate % of success. And moderate % of success is what IG is all about.

Unless we are talking about Vultures. They arent moderate. They only have one setting: Allout rape of *BRRRRRRRRRT*
>>
>>48312505
Imperial Armoud 1 v2. Its Armoured Battlegroup list. Beasthunter-vanquisher are totally different toys than regular vanquishers.
>>
>>48312464
>>48312490
>>48312509
>>48312538

So how do I deal with AV 14, as IG? Lascannon Heavy Weapon Squads?
>>
>>48312505
>>48312554

You're welcome
>>
>>48312575
Rapier laser destroyers. TL ordnance lascannon artillery pieces.
>>
Whats the most fun out of GK, ravenwing and crons? Or are they all pretty good ?
>>
How are autocannon heavy weapons squads? I feel like they'd be useful in my horde-heavy meta.
>>
>>48312575
Vet squads with meltas in chimeras.
Deep striking scions with meltas.
Demolisher russ.
Lascannon squads with tank hunter.
Forge world rapier laser destroyers.
>>
File: deimos vindicator.jpg (121KB, 791x895px) Image search: [Google]
deimos vindicator.jpg
121KB, 791x895px
>>48312575

No, IG has few good lascannon options outside of FW (FW has rapier laser destroyers and LR annihilators).

Meltaguns are the best bet for IG. You can take a lot of them on scoring units with BS4 for pretty cheap. They are mobile. You can put them on deep striking units, as well - if you are careful, scions can make their points back as 5-man suicide melta units.

Other than that, other codices are your best bet. Pic related is a beast.
>>
>>48312575
Melta-vets, rapiers, pask in a punisher to an extent, vendettas.
>>
>>48312575
Never heavy weapon squads. Ever. Never ever.

IG has few real ways to deal with av14.

1. Meltagun it. Even better if you can get orders up for Tank Hunters
2. Shoot it with Heavy Artillery Carriages. S10 medusas or S9 basilisks will do wonders, especially since they roll 2d6-take-highest on penetration and can be ordered for Tank Hunters.
3. Those Multimelta sponsons on your russ. A bit risky but you opponent will most likely try NOT to enter within 18" of your russ so they dont eat up to two armorbane S8 ap1 shots.
4. Ignore it. If its empty battlewagon, fuck it. If it cause too much damage, meltabombs are good choice.
>>
>>48312628
heavy weapons teams are too vulnerable to return fire to be called good but of the heavy weapon teams many feel autocannons are the best.
>>
>>48312622
I find grey knights a lot of fun, I've been using my mates a lot recently and have started building a doomglaive dread for him (but actually for me, married couple tier). I've got ravenwing as well and they're also pretty fun, but less so than GK I've found, but I enjoyed building and painting them.

Necrons are fairly boring all round. If you know much about warhammer fantasy at all, they're comparable to dwarves in playstyle.
>>
File: IMG_0814.jpg (2MB, 2592x1936px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0814.jpg
2MB, 2592x1936px
>>48312628

HW squads in general are poor investments. You are paying a lot for 3 weapons on very fragile platforms that don't work well with orders, since it's hard to buff their leadership in a cost effective way. 50-man platoons are better, but then you run into problems of having 40 lasgun guys sitting around playing with their dicks while the autocannons shoot vehicles.

Chimeras, meltavets, scions (maybe) are your best bets. The vendetta gunship can be good if you use it wisely, otherwise it's a huge points sink.

And before you ask, yes - I have used heavy weapons squads before.
>>
What's the point of archons?
It seems to me the only way not to make them died weight is to spend 100000 points of war-gear on them.

Please say there is a real use for them outside of deep striking a raider.
>>
>>48312632

+1 vets in chimeras

+1 deep striking scions

x demolisher russ

x lascannon squads

+1 FW laser destroyers
>>
File: guard list for fun.png (113KB, 676x2256px) Image search: [Google]
guard list for fun.png
113KB, 676x2256px
>>48312682
>>48312661
I see.

This list is supposed to just be a casual list but should I spend the points on those HW teams somewhere else then?
>>
Oh and of course.

Vendettas. You can hardly go wrong with 3 Twin-Linked Lascannon shots.
>>
If you're going to bring scions, make sure to take an allied detachment or double HQ CAD for their unique orders and special weapons spam.
>>
>>48312737

You can when it costs 170 points. Vendettas are honestly better at dropping medium vehicles, finishing off independent characters, that kind of thing. They can hurt AV 14 in a pinch, but they are an expensive way to do it. If you put a platoon command squad in there, they become scoring and then you get more mileage out of fielding them.
>>
>>48312682
nice kettle
>>
>>48312719
It's mostly just ways to deal with AV14, not necessarily efficient ways.
>>
>>48312418

>list tailoring against orks

Your brother will quit after his 3rd game desu
>>
File: psy.png (283KB, 651x345px) Image search: [Google]
psy.png
283KB, 651x345px
Sorry for the dumb question, but this means i have to field 15 wyrdvane right?
>>
Are the angry codicies on 1d4chan any good? The chaos one looks intriguing but they all seem so different to the normal rules they would have to be player against other angry codexes I'm guessing
>>
>>48312928

For this Formation you need to field
1 Primaris Psyker
3 Units of 5-10 Wyrdvane Psykers
1-3 Commissars
>>
File: 17542.jpg (36KB, 439x618px) Image search: [Google]
17542.jpg
36KB, 439x618px
>>48312735

I know you are just playing for fun, so by all means disregard everything I say. My advice will be to help you optimize, but if that compromises your idea of a cool list then whatever.

First off:

Put your CCS in a chimera, then put 2 meltaguns on the guys. They have BS4, you should make use of it. Also, 5 men with 5+ armor don't live long in the 41st millennium without a metal bawks. You can still give orders out of a chimera, and it has decent weapons to boot. Get it, and use the CCS both for orders and as a mobile anti-tank counterattack unit.

Next:

your platoon.

IG players need to realize that the standard guardsman is junk. 5 points is way too much for a unit that needs to fire 18 times to drop a space marine on average. If you are jsut taking guardsmen and that's it, you are asking to set up models and then put them away. Guardsmen become good when you use the force multiplier built into the codex to give them more firepower for a small fixed cost. An example:

>You have 10 guardsmen, you give then a first rank fire, second rank fire order. You get 10 extra shots. Whoopity do.

or:

>You have 50 guardsmen, you give them the same, single order. You get 50 extra shots. Ok, now we're getting somewhere.

By the same token, primaris psykers and their divination powers:

>drop 50 points on a psyker, cast prescience on a 50-man unit. You get 50 twin-linked shots, for 1 point per guy. That's effectively an upgrade from BS 3 to 4.5 for 1 point each.

>Priests. Put one in the unit, all 50 become fearless. All 50 reroll hits in first round of combat. All 50 may either reroll wounds or armor saves in combat. This is for 25 points, or 1/2 point per model.

You need to take large numbers of guardsmen in single units and leverage psychic powers, orders, and preists/inquisitors to maximum extent.

Next:

your HWS

drop it. Take meltavets or a tank of some kind.

Artillery company:

bretty good.

Scions:

ok, but drop the flamers. You have BS4, use it.
>>
>>48312975
ok yes, so 15, too bad, that thing seemed lovely
>>
>>48312692

Those are their only 2 options desu. Hence why so many people run the 10pt HQ option and make a sergeant the warlord.

I just run blaster deep strike etc but it's a lot of points in what is effectively a suicide squad. Honestly kind of makes your trueborn a liability and they're basically better off just regular deep striking 2 squads for the price of 1 and wwp archon. If you don't care about fluff or running the start collecting formation just drop him IMO
>>
>>48312981
So for infantry... would I want to drop 1 platoon and replace it with some veterans, and then make the other platoon bigger through more squads or a conscript blob?
>>
>>48312991
Convert them.
>>
>>48312894

Not so much List tailoring as asking what works and what doesn't. I honestly might just assemble it as the LRBT and use it as-is, as the Battlecannon looks like a decent all-around weapon.

As a general question: for IG, blast weapons are better than direct fire weapons, right?
>>
So I have had more than a handful of headless and shoulderless models in my army. Some also didn't have their backpacks finished since I work on the small things separately.

I finally cracked down and finished 18 heads, 42 Shoulder Pads and 12 Back Packs.

Although I haven't been able to get a game in for a while it was a nice touch that my army was really lacking.

Have any of you gone back and do something small to finish your army which made a big impact?
>>
>>48312490
Don't listen to this memer. Never stock a russ with a tl lascannon or autocannon turret. Its a waste of points. Unless you are running pask, always get a weapon with a blast template on it for the turret.
>>
File: 20160716_193826.jpg (4MB, 5312x2988px) Image search: [Google]
20160716_193826.jpg
4MB, 5312x2988px
HALF price? I dunno about that.
>>
File: 17560.jpg (31KB, 288x444px) Image search: [Google]
17560.jpg
31KB, 288x444px
>>48313070

If you take a platoon at all, it should have at least 40 guys in it. Conscripts are also excellent as long as you put a priest or inquisitor in there to shore their leadership up. Again, if you take them you should take at least 40 or none at all.

If you are short of things that kill armor, take the vets in a chimera. If you have that covered elsewhere, then yes, big blobs with psychic powers and priests/inq are very good. In a good shooting phase, you will shoot your platoon at something and it will go like this:

>move closer
>gets prescience from psyker hiding in the back
>pass FRFSRF order with fearless/LD 10
>fire 150 shots
>75 hit, 75 miss. Reroll the misses.
>112 hits total. Roll to wound T4
>37 wounds. 3+ save from enemy
>he still loses 12 guys on average

This is without 5 plasmaguns or 5 autocannons
>>
>>48313114
see
>>48313131
>>
Is my list too terrible for casual games?

Real Space Raiders Detachment
HQ
-Archon 160
Huskblade, blast pistol, armour of misery, soul-trap, webway portal
-Succubus 100
archite glaive, haywire grenades

Troops
-10 Kabalite warriors 80
-10 Kabalite warriors 105
Sybarite, splinter cannon
+Dedicated raider 90
Dark lance, spinter rack, night shields

Elites
-5 Incubi 110
Klaivex
+Dedicated venom 65
Spinter cannon
-8 Kabalite trueborn 168
3 blasters, dracon, agonizer
+Dedicated raider 60
Dark lance

Fast attack
-6 reavers 181
2 heat lances, 2 cluster caltrops, arena champion, agonizer
-5 scourges 130
3 haywire blasters, solarite, power lance

Heavy suppoer
-Talos 125
TL heat lance
-Cronos 125
Spirit probe
>>
>>48313114

The Exterminator is okay. Its only really good role is killing light vehicles, but with sponsons/hull upgrades it's a decent generalist.

Don't take the Vanquisher except if you use beast hunter shells (delicious weaboo tears), don't use the Punisher without Pask (delicious everyone tears.)
>>
File: guardsmen again.png (109KB, 676x2191px) Image search: [Google]
guardsmen again.png
109KB, 676x2191px
>>48313135
Alright, I'm getting closer.

Any changes I could make to afford to throw a chimera to the veterans and some special weapons, or could they make do without special weapons?
>>
Can I get some help with my Psyker Guard list?

HQs

Company Command Squad: 145
Base: 60
Astropath: 25
Plasma Gun (x4): 60

Primaris Psyker: 75 pts
Base: 50
Mastery level 2: 25

Troops

Vets: 160 pts
Melta Guns (x3): 30
Grenedier Doctrine: 15
Chimera: 65

Vets: 160 pts
Melta Guns (x3): 30
Grenedier Doctrine: 15

Elites

Wyrdvane Pyskers: 185 pts
Additional Models (x5): 60

>>
>>48313177
forgot to add
>1499/1500 points
>>
>>48313198
see if you can find psyker formation, I don't think you can have that many hqs
>>
>>48311571
They already do. Their formation bonus from the new book gives them better daemonic possession, centurions are better oblits, cultists can be accomplished with allied imperial guardsmen (who are, unsurprisingly, better than cultists). The only thing they're missing is daemon princes.
>>
File: 1263139903392.jpg (71KB, 407x405px) Image search: [Google]
1263139903392.jpg
71KB, 407x405px
>>48313196

you only need 1 vox per platoon if you blob them. Also, why only 8 guys and a sergeant? It should be 9.

Change the Taurox Prime to just a taurox. It's a box that gets you from A to B, and it's made of cardboard. Don't spend points making it a cardboard box with guns it won't use more than once before dying.

Drop one of the scions squads (if formation allows it).

this gives you, by my count, 130ish points to play with. That's 2 chimeras, one for the other CCS and one for the vets.
>>
Since we are talking about lists, i will post mine

>**HQ: 151pt**
Company command squad
Company commander, Boltgun (1pt)
Astropath (25pt)
chimera, heavy flamer+heavy flamer(65pt)

>**Elites (120pt)**
Hades breaching drill (100pt)
two veterans with meltaguns (20)

>**troops(645pt)**
>(171pt)
Veterans (grenadiers 15pts), sergeant with bolter (1pt) and two plasma guns (30pt)
Chimera multi-laser and heavy flamer (65)
>(171pt)
Veterans (grenadiers 15pts), sergeant with bolter (1pt) and two plasma guns (30pt)
Chimera multi-laser and heavy flamer
>(156pt)
Veterans (grenadiers 15pts), sergeant with bolter (1pt) ONE plasma gun (15pt)
>(156pt)
Veterans (grenadiers 15pts), sergeant with bolter (1pt) ONE plasma gun (15pt)

>**heavy support(440pt)**
>Leeman russ exterminator (160)
lascannon(10), multy meltas(20)
>Leeman russ battle tank (150)
>wyvern battery (130pt)
wyvern x2

i have 135 points left, i dont know how to spend them
>>
Has anyone run Zhufor from Siege of Vraks? How is he?
>>
>>48313177

Yes. 2 shitty HQs is a waste, and the blast pistol is worthless. Warriors without a transport is terrible. Sergeant weapon upgrades usually useless, but the reavers are fine. Blaster trueborn shouldn't assault usually unless it's to hide from shooting. Personally I'd drop the scourge sergeant and replace him with another haywire as they're going to all die the first time they get shot anyway.

But since it's casual you can keep most of it but for the love of murder buy those warriors a transport. 5 in a venom with 2 cannons would cost 15 more points and moves them from Completely and Totally Useless Tier to one of the best DE units.
>>
>>48313248
Right, I'm dumb, I forgot about combining IG squads.

Sorry, new to Guard still.

And AFAIK, a Scion squad from the Scion codex only has a Taurox prime as it's option. So if I want them to be the base codex ones, they lose their unique orders, don't they?
>>
>>48312991
It IS lovely. Best formation IG has.

Shame that to use best of it you'll just have to own a almost full Daemon army...
>>
>>48313218
Primaris Psykers don't count as an HQ choice
>>
>>48313218

you can take up to three Primaris per HQ slot
>>
>>48313279

i'm not familiar with the formation - if it's good by your measure, it seems to fill the same role as the vets anyway. You could drop the vets instead and put the other CCS in a chimera with 2x meltaguns instead.
>>
File: 20160716_210534.jpg (4MB, 5312x2988px) Image search: [Google]
20160716_210534.jpg
4MB, 5312x2988px
>>48313284
>>
>>48313304
It's not a formation, just a CAD.

As for dropping the vets, if I were to do that, should I put in a smaller platoon to have going around the table looking for objectives while the big one shoots everything to death?
>>
>>48311613
If I was to jump on, could someone help me build my first list? I honestly have no idea on what I should do for space wolves and what loadouts for each unit.
>>
>>48313329

Honestly with the list you are fielding, you aren't going to be very good at contesting multiple objectives unless you break your platoon apart and make in combat ineffective. With an ordnance formation and a giant death platoon, your best plan should be to play aggressive and annihilate the other guy's scoring units, then stretch your platoon wide with the "Move move move" order in the last 2 turns to contest multiple objectives. If that won't do it, you might consider dropping the scions (I assume they dont have ob sec) and replacing them with vets in chimeras, or putting the platoon command squad in a valkyrie so you can claim objectives with a flyer.
>>
>>48313376
Why not come in and ask ;3
>>
>>48313382
>troops in a CAD don't have objective secured
Anon....
>>
>>48313318
>corrected
>still won't read the unit entry
>mouth breathing fucktard

Pick three.
>>
>>48313417

I don't know much about scions, anon. They are an elite choice in my book, I don't know about theirs.
>>
>>48313447
>>48313329
Well, the whole reason he'd even take them from their book and not the AM book is because
>Troops
>Special Orders
That way he can use them as either melta suicide squads or objective holders if the platoon can't wipe anything that gets too close.
>>
>>48313462

I'll take your word for it, I can't talk credibly about a codex I haven't read.
>>
>>48313413
My wolf guard leader said not to trust strangers
>>
>>48313198

>No Commissar for Psykana division
Why not? All you have to do is drop the Astropath.
>>
>>48313478
They're useful, I've used them alongside my Marines before.

I might drop the Scions Command Squad's Taurox though and have them do a different job. All depends on how many changes I can make.
>>
I have a large force of eldar, dark eldar (primarily DE), and harlequins.

I want to even out my collection and put some aside into a corsair force, how do corsairs compete against others? Also, qould corsairs be best as allies, or could I make them the primary force and them do tau level well?
>>
Are battlewagons a good model to have in an orc army collection? How often do you bring them? Best unit inside them? Lets hear what y'all think about the ol wagon
>>
I'm "not that guy"

and I LOVE fielding "DECENT" armies with low model count. (even if they cost fuck-much €)

Can Dark Eldar play "low model count big guys"

is there any unorthodox ways to field sorta efficient low model armies ? CHEERS.
>>
Looking to get into 40k and thinking of starting tau, is this a good starting army for 500 points?

+++ New Roster (500pts) +++

++ Tau Empire: Codex (2015) (Combined Arms Detachment) ++

+ HQ +

Ethereal

+ Troops +

Strike Team [5x Fire Warrior with Pulse Rifle]

Strike Team [5x Fire Warrior with Pulse Rifle]

+ Lord of War +

KV128 Stormsurges
KV128 Stormsurge [Pulse Blastcannon, Twin-linked Flamer]

Created with BattleScribe (http://www.battlescribe.net)
>>
>>48313843
No. Space Marines are better than the other armies model-for-model, and with Gladius they outnumber everyone else too. There's really nothing you can do when they bury the table in models.
>>
File: marine2_wip2.jpg (70KB, 378x484px) Image search: [Google]
marine2_wip2.jpg
70KB, 378x484px
A question for 40k general:

I've always liked the movie marines concept, but am less a fan of their list from WD. For a while toyed with the idea of fielding a giant squad of independent characters, all of them expensive marine character standing in for basic marine veterans. I know it's not viable competitively, but for the sake of cool how might you guys go about doing it?
>>
>>48313843
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zQOOoTt1JDI

check out this guy's channel Tabletop Tactics. This is a video of him playing a low model count Dark Eldar army and beating a cheesy as fuck Tau list. It can be done, but you'll need to use Haemonculus Covens so hopefully you like those models.
>>
>>48313929
Necrons seem to do okay with low models even in 1850p ~ games.

Same with Imperial knights and Grey knights in the last edition.

Surely there must be a way.
>>
>>48313840

Better than a Trukk anyway.
>>
>>48313981
DeathWatch actually might be the best option for you.
>>
>>48313995
Haemonculus Covens are PERFECT

So much modeling customization available

Thank you dude, you just made my weekend
>>
>>48313981
captains, chaplains, and chapter masters with relics
>>
>>48313927
>bringing a fucking STORMSURGE in a 500pt game.
Am I being memed right here?
>>
>>48314026
Haemonculi Covens pair wonderfully with Harlequins to create the Dark Carnival. Weapons that deal damage with morale when the enemy is dealing with a -5 or -6 on leadership are delicious.
>>
>>48313843
AC Tanks for days. About 10-14 models at 1850 and you have objectsec russ tanks.
>>
>>48314007
Crons can do it because of resurrection, which effectively means free models.
GK can do it with the right allies, but it relies on psyker cheese and getting lucky with alpha strikes.
>>
>>48314026
awesome. glad I could help. the Tabletop Tactics guy likes to keep things competitive so you can watch a lot of matchups between different Dark Eldar lists and "stronger" armies, so you can see what you like. I myself am probably gonna do what you're doing as soon as I finish my 30k Imperial Fists.
>>
>>48311753
But then why would anyone ever elect to overwatch? Unless it cost them their next turns shooting
>>
>>48314027

not named characters with their assorted special rules?
>>
>>48314138
i imagine it would cost their shooting next turn, if that makes sense.
>>
40K needs to bring back real overwatch. That means you can move and shoot, you can move and go into overwatch, or you can shoot and go into overwatch. In this case overwatch means you shoot automatically as soon as an enemy unit enters weapons range and LOS, shooting at full BS. Current deep strike rules are retarded, why would my guys just stand around scratching their butts while waiting for your drop pod to land and finish unloading?
>>
File: speedy-carve.jpg (13KB, 600x386px) Image search: [Google]
speedy-carve.jpg
13KB, 600x386px
Just tried something y'all might be interested in. Hobby and craft stores often sell a sort of "blank stamp," effectively a large piece of easily cut rubber, as well as tools designed to carefully cut away small pieces. If you take your time, you can cut out blocks roughly the size of a space marine's shoulder pad and sculpt your own custom chapter symbols, creating a nifty little stamp you can then use to apply said chapter symbol to all your little plastic men!
Furthermore, the hobby knife you'll be using, since the fuckmothering sculpting tools are too goddamn big, is perfect for jabbing into your eye when the frustration mounts!
Actually applying the stamp can be a little difficult since even watered down paint isn't ink and will be mostly dry by the time you get it to the model, but don't let the 100% failure rate stop you from smudging your carefully painted marines with globs of the stuff that pool in the oddest and least helpful places of the stamp. Yes, you may have to touch up the finished stamp a bit, especially since it's guaranteed to look like a bird took a dump on your model's shoulder pad, but that's just good practice for freehanding the symbols you're going to have to be doing soon since this ludicrous idea was doomed to start from the beginning!
>>
>>48314331
Forgot to add: if you don't get first turn, all of your units start the game in overwatch mode.
>>
>>48314331
I like how you think. That's a very oldschool way of adding overwatch and has been in wargames since forever.
>>
how come void shields are so cheap to buy, 100 points for AV12 cover for everyone near it seems nets
>>
>>48313981
Truescale is goofy.
>>
>>48314416
They aren't too bad to deal with. Its basically a not!immobile transport that is open topped.
>>
File: GW-Grey-Knights-Dreadknight.jpg (67KB, 873x627px) Image search: [Google]
GW-Grey-Knights-Dreadknight.jpg
67KB, 873x627px
>>48313225
>The only thing they're missing is daemon princes
>>
SISTER OF BATTLE APOCALYPSE FORMATIONS IN NORMAL GAMES

Y/N ?
>>
>>48314489
does it specifically say its open topped? i cant see anything on the fortifications codex

the closest thing i can see to that is :
"any shooting attack that originates from outside a void shield zone and hits a target within the void shield zone instead hits the void shield"

which would imply its not open topped, as any blast template would only hit the void shield
>>
>>48314525
Y.
>>
File: IMG_1612.jpg (47KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1612.jpg
47KB, 640x480px
>>48314419

I like it. I want to make one super-expensive squad of pain, all highly-customized and converted truescale marines.
>>
>>48314176
yeah sure but they would negate each others chapter tactics if they were in the same unit assuming you dont run all ultramarines
>>
>>48314537
By open topped, I meant every model can fire out of it.
>>
>>48314546
Truescale actually makes marines too big. Everything is Truescale except for one big factor in every other army.
: 8ft tall massive infantry.
>>
>>48313573
Are you me?

Seriously though, I'm curious too. I have some Deldar I've collected and haven't been interested in playing since the last dex dropped. Now I'm thinking about converting them all into Corsairs. Can anyone comment on how the corsair list is doing this edition?
>>
>>48314562
ah i see

the main counter to it that i can think of is deepstriking into it, however if i give up the ability to move i can just make a gunfort/rampart around it, it just seems a little silly for a regenerating AV12 ablative wound to everything inside it to only cost 100 points
>>
>>48314590
Well, once its down its pretty much done for. Even titans have hard times regaining their shields. I think its a 5/6+ roll and you can only do one per turn.
>>
Anyone know if the purging of kadillus is in the OP's Black Library mega? I can't seem to find it.
>>
>>48314623
its 5+ and you do it for each shield that is down, so assuming you have all 3 shields down you roll 3 times
>>
File: IMG_3252.jpg (324KB, 1600x1190px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3252.jpg
324KB, 1600x1190px
>>48314579

I disagree. Most of the tanks are about right for guardsmen, it's only the marines out of scale. Their tanks would all need to be larger if they were, but a Russ I think is still about right.
>>
>>48313177
Retard use trueborn in squads of five since they can only carry 4 heavy weps.

Why the fuck do you have a seragent for kabalites? Useless. Cut down 3 trueborn, get rid of any excess shit on the seargents because kabalites are never going to cc.

You can probably cut incubi down to a squad of 3 instead, and with thise point savings, also make the raider for the trueborn a venom with 2 cannons, you can get another squad of normal kabalites.

You really arent going to want to use webway portal that often, and if you were, use it with the incubi and the succubus in their new squad of 3/4.

Get rid of the archon, you have no where for him to boat around in since he now has no space on the trueborn raider

Since the kabalites have anti infantry only, give them a splinter cannon in each squad if you ever need to soak up points.

Why even take a talos AND a cronos if you arent using haemonculus dark artisan formation? Either ditch chronos, ditch talos, or use those extra points to make the dark artisan.

Youre ignoring the coven units entirely,

Maybe try using some grotesques if you ditch talos or cronos, dont give them guns though.

If you make a haemy, try to give him the whatever the fuck it is item that gives you +1 fnp, combined with the cronos and his already existing 5 up, he should have 3+ FNP.

All in all, go to the 1d4chan wiki for de tactics, read it hundreds of times like i did, invoke your inner asdrubael vect via lsd or some shit, and stop trying to utilize our basic HQ options outside of a ghetto webway portal.

My personal use of the webway is for me to take a succubus, take a harlequin cast of players, with 7troupe inc master alk buffed out, jester, and lvl 2 psyk shadowseer, shove them in a raider, and just plant it on whatever fuck big bad formation they had.

Its delicious.
>>
>>48314658
The scale from Marine to guard vehicles are right. IG tanks are massive compared to todays tanks. IG just have massive guardsmen so it ruins the scale. Mind you the rhino is a barebones transport that was meant to be stamped out of factories at an alarming rate. They were made only to get marines from point a to b. Russ tanks however are modified tractors that had to meet many roles at the time
>>
>>48314685
>My personal use of the webway is for me to take a succubus, take a harlequin cast of players, with 7troupe inc master alk buffed out, jester, and lvl 2 psyk shadowseer, shove them in a raider, and just plant it on whatever fuck big bad formation they had.
Illegal to do so now after the FAQs came out.
>>
>>48314685
ALSO.
Id suggest maybe not fucking witb reavers, I never really used them.

Get a razorwing instead.

ALSO, SHIT TO REMEMBER

Realspace raiders troops get 5+ cover.
Raiders that are dedicated transports count
Raider with nighshields 4+
If its night fighting, 3+

Enjoy your MUHREEN raiders.

Ive had good success with ravagers, as theyre at least slightly moee durable than the scourges, which always fucking die.

Always.

Make sure you remember to roll combat drugs if you use reavers and for succubus, i still forget to most games.

Harlequins can really tie DE together becauses R.i.p. wyches.

Always get splintet racks on kabalites raiders. Its why i use raiders alot more than venoms. That and I have 10 raiders compared to like, 2 venoms.

Ill post the pic of whats on my night drawer for display n shit in a bit. All is for sale if you want to buy :^)
>>
>>48314729
I havent played in a few months, what makes it illegal? Or did they make it so IC cannot join battle brothers units?
>>
>>48314759
Anon prob thinks you mean starting off the game that way. However, you are free in most cases to deploy right next to each other and kust have them hop on.
>>
>>48314728

I see. Well it's still far easier to convert 12 large marines than 200 tiny guardsmen, so I'll take the large marines.
>>
>>48314791
Ah. It is my mistake then. Since the point was to have the succubus start with the harlequins in order to webway portal them anywhere on the map.

Who cares? Raiders are so mobile, it barely fucking matters
>>
>>48314729
>>48314825
Anon fucked up. It's not illegal. You just have to take a Raider as a regular Fast Attack choice instead of as a Dedicated Transport.

It's also legal to just have the Succubus start in reserves attached to the Harlequins
>>
>>48311981
>HIT ON 2'S IN MELEE!!!
>>
>>48314798
Good luck on the undertaking. post pics in the wip thread.
>>
>>48311753

>Gee, do I want to hit on 6s or use full BS?]

Don't be a retard. There'd be absolutely no reason to ever use overwatch.

>>48311929

Already happened with Cypher.
>>
>>48313995
>https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zQOOoTt1JDI
Looking for some new Dark Eldar tactica and saw this post. How is this army built, I don't understand how it's played with so few models.
>>
>>48314841
No he didnt fuck up. FAQs state that you cant join your Battle Brothers transports during deployment. Not just dedicated transports, any transports.

That FAQ killed Drop Pod taxi service. If it would be allowed to join any transport your allies have, how would have that happened?
>>
>>48314841
? Of course i take them as fast attack. They wouldnt have been dedicated to anything if otherwise kek.. I couldve sworn i was fine to do it, but I havent played in a bit (few months), and assumed I was wrong.

Anyways, it serves as a cheap(if you make it cheap, or it can be expensive as hell points wise and $$) way to get psychic shit.

Or just take eldrad, I do that sometimes in that one heroes od the craftworld formation, but harlequin tree is breddy guud.

Also it patches up any CC problems, and they can replace incubi if you dint have them or points, or work alongside em.
>>
>>48314331
When I first started I was convinced Overwatch was supposed to work the way it does in XCOM.

I was very sad when I found out I was wrong.
>>
>>48311995
>>48311795

>Wraithlords

It's always a bit telling that the loudest complaints about factions are form the people who don't know the difference between some of the units.
>>
>>48314905
Looks like he combined a Dark Artisan Formation, a Corpsethief Claw Formation (both of those are found in the Haemonculus Covens dataslate), and then a regular Dark Eldar CAD with a Llamhean as an HQ from the Court of the Archon HQ choice. Which is seen as the "competitive" HQ choice since you can use more points for the stronger stuff.
>>
>>48314905
Deldar CAD
Corpsethief Claw Formation
Dark Artisan Formation
>>
>>48311859
>no one would like to play against this.
The list isn't even scary.
>>
>>48314905
Its something callee talos claw or whatever.

5 talos in one formation

Its a deathstar list, ignore it, all I saw wrre the first few mins i skippex into so I assume he's using ravager anti tank and talos because it gets fucking hard to kill 5 talos.
>>
>>48314969
he wanted a competitive low model count army for Dark Eldar, that's the only way to go unless you'd rather he ally in a Wraithknight and Wraithguard.
>>
File: 20160716_221040.jpg (3MB, 4032x3024px) Image search: [Google]
20160716_221040.jpg
3MB, 4032x3024px
I like to keep alot of my vehicles just fucking around by my nightstand, where I sometimes paint as well. It allows me to do some very minute changes as im sleeping in bed anytime I want, and it's just a nice decoration since I live alone.

Theres more in my "big box of space queers"
>>
1000 points ork
>HQ
Warboss, eavy armour, power klaw, Thinkin cap, big bosspole - 119
painboy - 50
Troops
20 slugga boyz with eavy armour, nob bs pk, -240
20 slugga boyz with nob bs pk - 160
19 gretchin with runtherd - 67
10 gretchin - 35
>Fast attack
10 warbikers with nob bs pk - 220
>Heavy support
Mek guns unit, 5 kannons 5 ammo runts, 105 pts
19 grots are cover saves for the 2 boyz unit. 10 are obj holders as are mek guns. Warboss goes to eavy armour unit painboy to non eavy armour
Hit me, /w40kg/, first list
>>
>>48315025
Hi, I sold you those Raiders and that red venom. How are they working out for you?
>>
File: 1467685206289.jpg (40KB, 467x433px) Image search: [Google]
1467685206289.jpg
40KB, 467x433px
>>48315054
Aye :) nice to hear from you man.

Theyre working out well! You also sold me most of my dark eldar as well, including literally 90% of what I own of them.

I've had alot of fun with them, and still cant thank you enough
>>
File: 1466392934534.jpg (39KB, 540x390px) Image search: [Google]
1466392934534.jpg
39KB, 540x390px
>>48311795
>Play Eldar
>Mfw salty Mon'Keigh
Your torn up anus and salty tears only make me happier, you limp wristed cock smoker.
>>
>>48315139
I like using aspect warriors alot more than the boring jetbikes.

Even if theyre too fucking good
>>
>>48315025

You did you get them all on your ceiling like that?
>>
>>48315153
See, that's what fucking kills me. I've been playing Eldar since 2nd. I'd swap my codex from 10/10 to 5/10 if I got plastic sculpts for all the Aspects.
>>
Reminder that Alpha Legion is loyal.
Reminder that Russ will eventually fall to Khorne woship.
Reminder that Orks will eventually rule Commorragh
>>
>>48315174
The photo is upside down, probably since I took it horizontally with my phone, which is how I browse here. Its on the floor.
>>
>>48315174
Very carefully.
>>
>>48315206

I don't believe you.
>>
>>48315180
Aspects feel like what eldar should be, and are how I enjoy using them.

Not some weird motorcycle gang.
>>
File: 1467700732960.png (1KB, 115x26px) Image search: [Google]
1467700732960.png
1KB, 115x26px
>>48315025
Fucking Aussie posters
>>
>>48313225

Primarchs will come out soon enough.
>>
File: 20160716_223000.jpg (3MB, 4032x3024px) Image search: [Google]
20160716_223000.jpg
3MB, 4032x3024px
>>48315229
Now its sideways.
Weird.
I put the copy of kizumonogatari I got earlier to prove I changed something at least.
>>
File: WildriderChief.jpg (65KB, 586x799px) Image search: [Google]
WildriderChief.jpg
65KB, 586x799px
>>48315271
>Mfw I play Saim-Hann
>Mfw it's always been a cool motorcycle gang to me
>>
File: 1467842212992.jpg (26KB, 283x314px) Image search: [Google]
1467842212992.jpg
26KB, 283x314px
>>48315300
Really makes you think
>>
>>48315333
Checked
>>
>>48315314

Why would you ruin a perfectly shitty book by gluing it to the wall just to lie to me?
>>
File: 20160716_223525.jpg (3MB, 4032x3024px) Image search: [Google]
20160716_223525.jpg
3MB, 4032x3024px
>>48315317
To be fair, i have my own cool motorcycle gang I really need to paint one day.

Its sideways again , these were remarkably cheap to pick up, 60~ for >20 bikers, 3 land speeders, >20 assault marines, 5 Death Company, 2 dreadnoughts, the new BA specific tac marines (20) and Astorath.

That and the codex.
I picked up the tanks as you can see in the previous photo recently, but have yet to actually play BA, opting in favour of emo space elves
>>
>>48315333
Even Nurgle recognises Aussie toxicity.
>>
How do Eldar Players live with themselves ?

Wraithknights

Jet bikes

Best psykers (Chaos cheese doesn't count)
>>
>>48315375
It came with a poster, and was $5. I've wasted enough life on monogatari to at least read one book.
>>
File: 1468519911622.jpg (20KB, 441x414px) Image search: [Google]
1468519911622.jpg
20KB, 441x414px
>>48315416
Im a burger.
>>
>>48315419
I get along just fine anon. How do you live with such awful options?
>>
File: Captcha_28766b_5899824mobile.jpg (14KB, 340x421px) Image search: [Google]
Captcha_28766b_5899824mobile.jpg
14KB, 340x421px
>>48315439
u r a f u c k i n l y r e
>>
Is the purging of kadillus in the OP, I still can't find it
>>
Goodnight tg, fuck you.
>>
>>48315649
no u
>>
>>48315657
Here is the rest of the links
>Rules databases
https://mega.co.nz/#F!pFgm0RKR!J06C1gVYcjzNGsF8YNLsjQ
https://kat.cr/warhammer-40k-pdf-library-t9575373.html

>FAQs
http://www.games-workshop.com/en-GB/Rules-Errata

>40k 7th edition quick reference sheet(s)

>Forgeworld Book index

>White Dwarves
https://www.mediafire.com/folder/tx4hcy4u487pv/WD

>Novels (Working link as of 02/02/2016)
https://mega.nz/#F!wx4BiKhD!YhnAf1BqSmAB8dO6xDM56Q
>>
You guys are faggots, talk about Warhammer plx
>>
>>48315760
fuck you
>>
File: bullshit.jpg (259KB, 1280x974px) Image search: [Google]
bullshit.jpg
259KB, 1280x974px
>>48315419
>Best psykers
>Eldar
No shit, really?
>>
I am unreasonably angry about the fact that vanilla AssMarines can get plasma PISTOLS but not the melta guns like Bangels.

15 PPM! Why?!
>>
File: download_20160716_230342.jpg (544KB, 2048x1153px) Image search: [Google]
download_20160716_230342.jpg
544KB, 2048x1153px
>yfw you threw out perfectly good tank traps all your life.
>>
>>48315838
So they can run around with bolt pistols and plasma pistols and be 41st millennium cowboys
>>
>>48315854
That'd be fine, actually fucking awesome if they weren't single shot AND the same cost as the gun version (or a grav gun for that matter).
>>
File: justcrimesolvin'andshit.jpg (102KB, 432x558px) Image search: [Google]
justcrimesolvin'andshit.jpg
102KB, 432x558px
>>48315886
You can't have everything go your way anon.
Just don't roll badly
>>
>30k general
>everything is pretty great I like this hobby
>40k general
>I hate everything why do we even play
>>
>>48315900
I will try sensei.

I don't even want gravcents or sky hammer. Gib spess muhreen cowboys pls GW (((
>>
File: spacemarinecats.jpg (569KB, 800x2400px) Image search: [Google]
spacemarinecats.jpg
569KB, 800x2400px
>>48315922
Vanguard Vets in a First Company Strikeforce formation
185 points for 5 Vanguard with bolt/plas or grav pistols and jump packs.
Fun with this game is not taking things to seriously with your list.
>>
>>48315748
This is a good list. I like this list. Include this list always.

I am drunk, and my looted knight Titan hasn't done shit in this game. Pokemon.

That is all.
>>
So question for the lot of you.

Has anyone bought the Realm of Battle: Ultima Quadrant board?
I'm a bit bored with the terrain we I have at the moment, not sure if I should just buy all the fortifications seperatly or not.
From what I could tell it's about 100€ cheaper to buy the whole package, plus I can get a 20% discount down to 490€, is it a good buy?
>>
>>48316442
dont pokemon go and drink at the same time. Ur gona waste pokeballs
>>
File: 1467493835420.png (2MB, 1074x1107px) Image search: [Google]
1467493835420.png
2MB, 1074x1107px
>>48315918
Its almost like one game is actually enjoyable to play. also
>>
>>48316442
Space 0din, please explain this

>>48311506
>Space 0Din's fanfiction(nsfw) [Beastiality][Rape][Bondage][HandHolding][Cuckholding][French][WaterSports][InterpretiveDance][31WaysToRoastChicken][Yuri][ProlongedEyecontact][Interspecies][MindBreak][StarwarsChristmasSpecial][GermanEletroYodel]
>>
>>48315153
>>48315180
>>48315271

>Plastic Aspects never
>Forgeworld treatment for Phoenix Lords never

Why is the world so cruel? Instead it's the dull OP shit that gets all the releases while the fun and fluffy side gathers dust.
>>
>>48317215

>Phoenix Lords

Tfw I've had mine for nearly a decade and fucking lost Karandras at some point. I should buy a new one. Thanks for the reminder m8

Although they will literally never see the table top since I play Ulthwé lel
>>
>>48317393
>implying Karandras didn't just sneak off

>>48315918
i for one enjoy 40k, got my ass handed to me today but it was still a good time. online it's easy to be negative and fall into the mood of the thread, hell i've been guilty of playing both sides of arguments.
>>
>>48316679
Not space 0din here, it's just OP being a faggot and messing with the links. Old links are here, and are condensed so as to contain EVERYTHING. OLDER links had too many dead links.

>Rules databases
https://mega.nz/#F!BxI1HSgI!0tKymKh9RZTzGpgIA5EyCg

>FAQ’s and Errata (outdated but official)
https://www.games-workshop.com/en-GB/Rules-Errata

>40k 7th edition quick reference sheet(s).

>Forgeworld Book index

> The Black Library(Stay the fuck away from the clowns)
https://mega.nz/#F!wx4BiKhD!YhnAf1BqSmAB8dO6xDM56Q!c4pGAJDb

> Space 0Din's glorious work
https://www.dropbox.com/s/lsx27fo3rq2x7tk/Codex%20-%20Orks%207th%20Edition%20Update%20[Space%20Odin](2016).pdf?dl=0
>>
>>48317393

Karandras has just snuck off into the webway to fuck up some Greater Daemon. He'll return in a several decades when things look their blackest to turn the tide of battle.
>>
>>48316644
YouUnderestimateMyPower.png

I live near like 9 ho-jillion gyms & don't afraid of losing pokéballs.

'Merica.

>>48316679
> explain this
Brilliant trolling. Though to be fair, intoxicated my IQ estimates drop from 180 to like 120 or some shit, so there's little reason to trust my judgment.

Got back from a run & designing some codex lists for a friend's FW Necron force; she should clean house with more rending units than you can shake a Hyperphase Sword at. Ought to be hilarious when I bring "Codex: 5+ & No Invulns" against her.

Or, I went through a phase in college.

Your pick.
>>
So quick question, is the Kat repository dead?? I seem to have missed some drama....
>>
>>48317818
Yeah.

A dude complained that the Kat uploader was taking stuff uploaded by other anons/folks and putting them on Kat and taking all the credit.
>>
>>48317745
>intoxicated my IQ estimates drop from 180 to like 120
w e w
e e
w e w
>>
File: psykanadivision.png (213KB, 337x599px) Image search: [Google]
psykanadivision.png
213KB, 337x599px
>>48313198
You could use Psykana Division, an actual good reason being that its a lot easier to generate warp charges (2+ instead of 4+) and you can get more dice if you're keeping your Primaris close to your Wyrdvanes. 305 points minimum for the formation so they aren't too cost heavy.

Replace a ML2 Primaris for 3 Commissars, attaching each to a unit of Wyrdvanes. A second ML2 Primaris goes to complete the Psykana Division formation. One less Primaris and one formation for more warp dice, potentially more powers for your Primaris and overall more effective psykers.
>>
File: 1468709179283.jpg (289KB, 1024x928px) Image search: [Google]
1468709179283.jpg
289KB, 1024x928px
>>48311506
AAAAAA
>>
>>48313258
Why only 1 plasma gun on the other two Veteran Squads?

The CCS is going to find it hard to do much useful, since you can't issue orders to other Chimeras, only from a Chimera.

I would also recommend some anti-air, unless your local meta doesn't go airborne at all.

Oh, and presumably your idea is to snap fire the multi-lasers on your Chimeras? Because if you move, you'll have to snap fire one and you can't snap fire template weapons.
>>
>>48314900
Well obviously you'd have to change the mechanics a bit. But then there'd at least be a strategic decision to be made when someone is threatening to charge.
>>
Hey guys, I'm farly new to the Warhammer 40k franchise and I'm on the fence on which army I should start with? I either want get into the ultramarines or the grey knights, which one would you guys recommend?
>>
>>48318272
choose the one you like most. finish an army then do the other
>>
How do you guys feel at 40k going the aos route fluffwise with episodic advancements and gods walking on the fields again?
>>
>>48318272
Grey knights if your ok with losing but like cool models

Ultras if you like wining a bit more and are ok with people getting mad at you for being an ultramarine player for no reason
>>
>>48318272
Play Tau. Everybody here loves Tau.
>>
>>48318298
Great. Pretty soon we'll have free rules and the small-scale skirmish game that 40K was always meant to be. If we're really lucky then GW will squat the unpopular factions (SoB, Dark Eldar, Tyranids) and give us a 40K version of the Stormcast Eternals.
>>
>>48318350
>and give us a 40K version of the Stormcast Eternals.
I'd laugh if only this wasn't a serious possibility
>>
>>48315035
Take more boys instead of using those silly Gretchin. They'll just run away after taking a few casualties. Gretchin in general are just horribad for doing anything but taking objectives and/or firing emplaced weapons on a fortification.

Shoota boys are better than slugga boys so you should probably do that.

You always want to try to overpower your opponent´s specific offense. Some units are good against 4+ sv units, some units are good against 6+ sv units. By having one of each you allow your opponent to have full effectiveness from his anti 4+ units and his anti 6+ units. This is why you always want to have similar units. So try to either have two units of 4+ or two units of 6+.

Last and least important I think it might be a bad idea for you to have both mek guns and warbikers in the same army as one wants to be in your opponents face and the other wants to hide out in the back. But again, this is the least important advice. Generally though it can be said that you should try to win at something like either bullrushing your opponent and kill them before they can finish off your entire army or actually be able to out-shoot your opponent.
>>
anyone else have a hard time writing Space Marine lists? I'm trying to figure out a star phantoms drop pods list, but I can't seem to get it right, whenever I look at it it just doesn't seem right, like there isn't enough redundancy/it's too gimmicky, right now I have 2 7 man combi-plas sternguard units, 4 melta tac squads, a gravbike command squad, a Libby and a fire raptor and I just dont think I'll have the firepower and staying power to deal with more competitive lists
>>
>>48318676
I should add, I'm not looking to bring the nuclear option and go full WAAC, but I certainly want a list that has a decent chance of winning vs some of the slightly harder lists
>>
>>48318169
>Why only 1 plasma gun on the other two Veteran Squads?
because i dont have enough points
>The CCS is going to find it hard to do much useful, since you can't issue orders to other Chimeras, only from a Chimera
you CANT issue orders to chimeras already man, only tanks and infantry (for the infantry they will get out sometime)
>Because if you move, you'll have to snap fire
im sorry, but what!? this is not a leeman russ that if it moves it can only fire its main weapon at full ballistic skill.
>I would also recommend some anti-air,
if the opponent has aircraft i can easily turn the wyverns in hydras
>>
>>48318881
>im sorry, but what!? this is not a leeman russ that if it moves it can only fire its main weapon at full ballistic skill.
Uhm senpai, that's the rule for ALL vehicles.
If you move combat speed you can only fire one weapon at full BS
If you've been doing something different you've been cheating senpai.
>>
>>48317453
You dumbfuck, the other OP links arent dead. Also, where is the WD archive? Why did you remove that for your "updated" list?
>>
>>48318298
>episodic advancements and gods walking on the fields again?

This is literally what 30k is right now. Notice how when FW does it, gamers gobble up those golden turds served on platters woven from their monetary denominations. But when GW does it, eternal wailing and gnashing of keyboard keys on the internet for 2 years straight.
>>
>>48318939
This is strange, why then the leeman russ battle cannon has a rule that specify that its the only weapon that can be fired at full bs?
why everyone i know uses full bs on non ordnance weapons like dunno, an exterminator?
>>
>>48318881
>because i dont have enough points
>>48313258
>i have 135 points left, i dont know how to spend them
Which one is accurate? Alternatively for the last 2 Vet squads you could swap Grenadiers for Forward Sentries if you play with lots of cover, then exchange the one Plasma Gun for Meltas and maybe a Flamer (heavy preferred) if you can spare points.

Also Leman Russ tanks are always treated as stationary since they're Heavy so they can always move and shoot at full BS if there aren't any Ordnance weapons used. Chimeras aren't Heavy or Fast so it can't move and shoot both its turret and hull mounted guns at full BS.
>>
>>48319078
>implying expanding the setting's background is exactly the same as moving it forward
>>
>>48319186
Leman russ used to have a rule called Lumbering behemoth which let them fire all their weapons as if they were standing still and removed the effect of Ordinance from effecting bs.
>>
>>48319207
yes, but if i take another pair of plasma i have 105 points that i dont know how to spend. and got it for the tank thank you, many veteran IG players suggested me the multi-laser+flamer combo

i think i will take a pair of skitarii rangers, or a vanquisher.
> if you play with lots of cover
sadly most of the people i play have a lot of ignore cover weapons, but i can try.
>>
>>48314401
Fixing assault phase's problems by giving more shooting phases in the turn. Yay, ty not ty.
>>
>>48317906
What the fuck.

Am I reading it right that you can get 6 additional fucking mastery levels on your Primaris Psyker?

Holy balls, whoever made this must be high as fuck.
>>
So i am dusting off my old Tau army. Looking at the new rules, it looks like it is possible to go full suit now. I have suits. Lots of them.

How viable is it to go full Crisis Suits, and nothing else? Thinking of using 2 Farsight CADs, with 2-3 commanders, and then all 12 Troop choices filled up with Crisis Suits.

Nothing else, not even Drones.

Maybe a Coldstar or two, just to get some Air control (but not as the warlord, seems like a bad idea), but otherwise sticking entirely to the Crisis suits and their variants.
>>
>>48319374
Its very Viable. Also people will hate you for that
>>
>>48319389
Why though?

T4 3+ models aren't exactly tough to deal with, and leaving out the two most hated models, Riptides and Stormsurges, as well as not having access to Ignores cover through Markerlights, seems to be exactly the kind of Tau list people would want to see their opponent bring.
>>
>>48319336
Yeah but that doesn't seem to matter since IG are supposedly "unplayable" at the moment...
>>
>>48319336
You're reading it correctly. At least there isn't another formation requiring multiple Divisions with some unholy special rules attached. ML8 Primaris is still silly, even if its just for shitting out warp dice.
>>
>>48319450
Highly mobile, somewhat durable, high-damage, access to more special weapons than virtually any other unit in other Codexes. It's not as bad as the more hated Tau lists, but it's still relatively powerful.

>>48319454
>IG
>Unplayable

You fucking what?
>>
>>48319475
>You fucking what?
That's what I keep hearing from IG players while they swipe the table with my Tyranids
>>
>>48319450
They're hard to deal with when they can move behind cover after shooting.
>>
>>48319450
dont dismiss crisis suits as only T4 3+ models, they also have immeasurable amount of customization from the myriad of weapon combinations they can take, their synergy with commanders and shas'vres that take signature weapons, if you have them in sizable squads they dont cave instantly to assaults, also they can deepstrike as much as they want, not to mention they all have access to JSJ
>>
>>48319454
>IG are supposedly "unplayable"
I keep seeing IG as mid-tier and I'm absolutely fine being there.
>>
>>48319475
>somewhat durable
Like those durable Tactical marines, right?

They are also squishy as fuck compared to how few models he would have on the table with models that costs 40+ points per model.
>>
>>48319633
>Like those durable Tactical marines, right?

Yeah, except about twice as durable to anything that's not S8+ and more capable of finding cover without reducing their effectiveness due to their mobility.
>>
File: 100_0781.jpg (274KB, 1291x969px) Image search: [Google]
100_0781.jpg
274KB, 1291x969px
>>48319374
Full suit is easy with the formations or with just a regular detachment
No markerlights might be a bad idea though, so you might want to grab at least an XV84.
Ignore what faggots here will bitch about, lower model count will make up for your power, and if you don't have any markerlights you'll end up with a less reliable shooting army
>>
>>48319649
And 4 times more expensive.
>>
File: New.jpg (85KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
New.jpg
85KB, 640x480px
>>
>>48319845
Neat
Badass tracks
>>
>>48319845
Looks pretty but way too big
>>
So as I was looking at GW's space Wolf range, I noticed the Space Wolf Pack, Wolf Guard and Blood Claws all have the exact same sprues. What gives?
>>
>>48319873
>>48319877
See >>48319111
>>
>>48319902
They get all the pretty toys
>>
Is CREEEEEED worth taking to sit inside a chimera and give orders?
>>
>>48319908
Such is the order of things. Praise Space Roman Super Science.
>>
File: 7th-3months-3.jpg (76KB, 808x585px) Image search: [Google]
7th-3months-3.jpg
76KB, 808x585px
>>48319454

This chart is from 2014, so take it with the necessary salt. It's the winners of 40k tournaments by army right after the release of 7th edition. Bump up the armies that have had new books since then, and it's about where things sit now.

Yes, guard are mid to bottom tier. However, unless you are in a tournament or fighting against a tournament list, you aren't so far behind that you can't have enjoyable games with every other army out there. You do, however, have to optimize more than your opponent to keep up.
>>
>>48320005
>however, have to optimize more than your opponent to keep up.
That's not what they say. They claim that the Wyvern is the only decent choice in the book and the rest are shit
>>
>>48320090

In a super competitive, WAAC setting they aren't entirely wrong, since anything but the best is dead weight in that situation. Those types of games, though, are only as frequent as you want them to be.

In every other type of game, the book is flexible enough that you can still put in a good showing. I've beaten decurion and tau before just fine, it just takes some planning and an opponent who isn't trying to run you into the floor.
>>
Are necrons a fun, cheap army to get into?
>>
>>48320090
>the Wyvern is the only decent choice in the book and the rest are shit
CHIMERA
H
I
M
E
R
A
>>
>>48320241
>fun
They are arguably the most boring army to play with and against.
>>
>>48320241
yes
>>
>>48320263
What makes them boring?
>>
>>48320330

They can be fun if you carefully build your own themed army instead of taking the dull ass block of 4+++ the codex tries to sell you on,
>>
>>48320330
Not your anon, but in my experience they're tanky AF for no decent reason, also Wraiths are retardedly powerful. My entire 1850 Tau Empire army, including a Nova-charged Riptide, full Breacher Squad, markerlight support and a 6-suit + Commander deathstar couldn't take out Wraiths in less than 3 turns.
>>
>>48320330
Everything except HQ have basically no options to choose from nor any real strategy.

You just move towards objective, shoot when you can and never die.
Alternatively you have some melee units. In that case is move towards enemy, charge when you can and never die.

There is no real logistic nor any real target selection, or anything that isn't just rolling as many dice as you can.
>>
>>48320254
The Chimera is great, just its cargo is guardsmen.
>>
>>48320386
>If i cant take it out in one turn, whats the point!
>>
>>48320330
Masterful tactics of "move-shoot-move-shoot-move-shoot"
>>
>>48320408
>>48320389
>>48320386
>>48320374
Hmm, that does sound kind of boring.

What army is the most fun in your opinion?

How are sisters of battle?
>>
>>48319389
>>48319450
This is the list I was thinking of doing. I have enough suits, and at least twice as many weapons as I need. I don't have the former signature system weapons, so I am keeping away from those, even if the Airbursting fragmentation launcher would probably be super good on a unit of suits.

Farsight Crisis Cadre
(Everything has Bonding Knife)
Tau Empire: Codex (2015) (Combined Arms Detachment) (1469pts) - Farsight Enclaves

HQ (385pts)
Commander (200pts) (Warlord)
XV8-02 Crisis 'Iridium' Battlesuit
Command and Control Node, Multi-spectrum Sensor Suite, Puretide Engram Neurochip, Shield Generator, Stimulant Injector
(Goes in the Missile Pod unit with Advanced Targeting Systems)

Commander (185pts)
XV86 Coldstar Battlesuit
Shield Generator, Stimulant Injector
(Anti-air and harrasing unit)

Troops (1084pts)
Dual Burst Cannon x 5 - XV8 Crisis Battlesuits (215pts)
Dual Burst Cannon x 5 - XV8 Crisis Battlesuits (215pts)
(Mainstay units, anti-horde and screening unit for the Missile teams)

Dual Missile Pod x 6 with Advanced Targeting System - XV8 Crisis Battlesuits (336pts)
(Warlord bunker, Semi anti-air, main firepower unit and objective holder)
Dual missile Pod x 6 - XV8 Crisis Battlesuits (318pts)
(Secondary unit, secondary firepower unit, intended to be used as an additional bunker should the other missile pod unit take too many casualties, objective holder #2)

(1/2)
>>
>>48320479
(2/2)
Tau Empire: Codex (2015) (Combined Arms Detachment) (927pts) - Farsight Enclaves

HQ (185pts)
Commander (185pts)
XV86 Coldstar Battlesuit
Shield Generator, Stimulant Injector
(Anti-air and harrasing unit)

Troops (742pts)
Dual Fusion Blaster x 2 - XV8 Crisis Battlesuits (106pts)
(I have 2 knight players, and half the players in my area uses Superheavies, and generally a ton of high-AV targets, so I need something other than Missile teams to deal with that. Viable to be used against 2+ saves, especially multi-wound T4 models, and can make themselves useful as objective holders otherwise. Will mostly start in reserves)

Dual Plasma x 4 - XV8 Crisis Battlesuits (212pts)
Dual Plasma x 4 - XV8 Crisis Battlesuits (212pts)
(Anti-MEQ/TEQ units, intended to be the scalpel to the hammer that my missile suits are. Will stay back, and either jump out from behind one of the larger units to do their work, or go around the flank to get to backfield long-range units.)

My main concern is long range firepower, since even 36" isn't really enough to deal with the mass amount of 60"+ range that a lot of the players field, so I am relying heavily on a quick deepstrike in to destroy the threat, or blocking LoS. From what I gather, the players in my area only ever complain about Markerlights, Stormsurges and Riptides (Despite fielding multiple Superheavies themselves), so I am kinda worried that I am lacking the tools to properly deal with them, or survive their shooting phases. I just really wanted to try a super-mobile army of nothing but crisis suits, I just need to figure out where the weaknesses lie, and how I can play around it.
>>
>>48320423
Mono-build. Half the codex is unusable (Flagellants, Repentia, etc). There are no assault vehicles, and the best transport isn't available from forgeworld.
Your best options are the Exorcists (which are unreliable), and Dominions, which aren't great without the Repressor (Which allows them to actually fire without getting out, with 3 fire points on each side and 2 out the top).
Celestine is your best HQ but you don't want to take seraphim to go with her because then you can't max out on dominions.
To be honest, I wouldn't start them now, but they're OK if you already have them.

I love my sisters though, and beat Eldar with them yesterday (by pure luck)
>>
New thread

>>48320507
>>48320507
>>48320507
>>
>>48320423
The most fun (in terms of interesting mechanics and units) are probably Dark Eldar.
Too bad they suck.

Also Tyranids. But they also suck.

Space Marines have quite a selection. If you choose not to be a fag and don't spam grav and skyhammer, they are quite fun.
Problem with them is saturation. There are so many SM players, so... meh.
>>
>>48320399
Not him, but there is a significant difference between "Can't even kill it in one turn, lel broken OP plz nerf" and "My entire army can't kill it in 3 turns"

Necrons are absurb against most armies. Tau have the tools to do *something* to them, but the only armies with reliable means of killing them, is Eldar and Marines.

Anyone other than those 3 armies will struggle. Certain IG parking lots has a good chance too, but it requires a pretty specific setup from what I understand.
>>
>>48320005
You also need to adjust for being fucked by FAQs, how good the new books are, more things being able to deal with spamming certain options, etc. Apart from Eldar being top dog, most of this has changed pretty thoroughly.
>>
>>48321194
>tfw DEldar
>The downward spiral continues
Thread posts: 336
Thread images: 43

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.