[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Song of Swords: Guy doing the maneuver cards, good luck

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 312
Thread images: 30

LAST TIME ON SONG OF SWORDS
Was Zellmurhaja a sarturi chosen?
Is anyone doing those maneuver cards?
Are Australians slaves or convicts?

Song of Swords is a realistic fantasy tabletop RPG that draws inspiration from historical fechtbuchs, weapons and armor. Its combat system is fast and it can be used for both fantasy and historical/mundane settings.

Call of the Void is a pulpy sci-fi tabletop RPG about fighting space-nazis and hunting giant whales with harpoons made out of the moon. Its combat system is more modern, based in the early 20th century, but can probably handle combat up to the present day.

Here's a .zip archive with the newest version of the rules as well as all related current working documents. At this time the latest version is v1.9.9:
http://tempsend.com/CE7AAED497/677A/Song_of_Swords.zip

Here's a walkthrough on creating a character
http://paste2.org/aKfOBmWJ

Here's a walkthrough on weapon schools for SoS 1.9.9 with examples
http://paste2.org/6OyOsFM3

PDF is the Ballad of the Laser Whales' latest version, bookmarked.

Here's a wiki detailing SoS's fantasy setting, getting filled up bit by bit as Jimmy reveals more details:
http://tattered-realms.wikia.com/wiki/Tattered_Realms_Wiki

There's also a roll20 room where new players are encouraged to try the rules, test new rules, and find game breaking issues: https://app.roll20.net/join/346755/hRKd4w
The room might be empty, but the people who teach the game still browse the thread frequently. If you're looking to learn, post here in the thread. We also play Guy Windsor's card game Audatia in the room.

Legend.
>>
>>48295726
>Zells aren't actually bees
Awwwwww
>>
>>48295726
>http://tempsend.com/CE7AAED497/677A/Song_of_Swords.zip
I think that's the wrong one.
>>
>>48294627
Probably. I hope so at least
>>
File: im264-476px-I_Selim.jpg (28KB, 264x332px) Image search: [Google]
im264-476px-I_Selim.jpg
28KB, 264x332px
>>48298380
>>48294627

I'm good.
>>
>>48297214
buzz buzz m8
>>
>>48298380
Fuck, antiislamist coup lost. Faggot Erdogan will have support for another decade.
>>
>>48302206
>Fucking up a coup
For fuck's sake Turkey, your military literally has ONE job.
>>
File: tumblr_ncgoc5x0U11tmhasfo1_1280.png (1MB, 1280x1746px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_ncgoc5x0U11tmhasfo1_1280.png
1MB, 1280x1746px
>>48295726
>Was Zellmurhaja a sarturi chosen?
GEE, I wonder!
>>
>>48302206
Fuck.

On the other hand, idiots won't get to think that an armed coup is the pinnacle of democracy.
>>
>>48303479
I think it's literally in their constitution, the Turkish military is supposed to stop the government from becoming too radicalized, ever since Ataturk.

But this time it wasn't really "the military" so much as it was a faction of the military, and they weren't really fulfilling their duty.
>>
File: tumblr_o13oraFsnC1tltatqo1_500.jpg (53KB, 472x472px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_o13oraFsnC1tltatqo1_500.jpg
53KB, 472x472px
>There's a new Berserk animu
How did this escape my attention, seriously
>>
>>48304143
Because it's CGI that looks like it was made in the early 2000's? I love berserk as much as the next guy but the "Anime" makes me want to vom
>>
>>48304184
It is pretty deplorable. I don't understand how this happened, what, are they short on money? Fucking how, everyone loves Berserk. The new Jojo stuff all looks great.
>>
File: What the balls.jpg (225KB, 1482x270px) Image search: [Google]
What the balls.jpg
225KB, 1482x270px
This might explain it.

Why they didn't give it to Ufotable or a company like them with a proven track record for sickass animation I don't know.
>>
>>48304210
So, Gizka's art has spread to a lot of /tg/ because she's a pretty solid "practical" warrior girl. Is there anything about the art that you didn't like?
>>
>>48304310
No, not at all. The artist did a good job (tiny mistakes with the armor aside) and captured the character pretty well.

However, it wasn't supposed to really be an in-depth character portrait, meaning the expression came off very neutral compared to, say, D'Arceline or Sark. Sark's picture has problems too, but you can tell looking at Sark that he's an asshole and probably a fascist, and you can tell looking at Crecerelle that she's a nice person in general.

Looking at Gizka, there's nothing. And that's sort of expected, I actually thought he was going to draw her with a helmet on, so I didn't go into too much depth on her character as a person.

One thing I would say that I would do different if we ever drew something more "zoomed in" so to speak is that Gizka does not look like a stable person. She isn't supposed to. One of the reasons that I liked one of the earlier black and white depictions of her was that it captured this pretty well. The whites beneath Gizka's irises are visible during her neutral expression, and the whites above become visible when she is angry. This gives her a perpetually unsettling expression unless she squints. It's what the Japanese call sanpaku, a fascinating analysis of human character through the amount of white visible around their eyes.

Might be a bit mystical but in conveying character it is an amazing tool. I only found out what it was called the other day, but I have had this image of the character's expressions for a long time.
>>
>>48304270
Hmm... They've managed to create in me the exact feeling I had when I found our Berserk guy was Idolm@aster guy.

On the up-swing the smug brunette with the money looks fun, does anyone know if the other stuff is worth it?
>>
>>48304392
What is your opinion on the fancomic?
what little there is of it, anyhow?
>>
>>48304270
ufotable has okay animation, good SFX that hides their poor choreography and a reputation.
>>
File: 1459807471802.jpg (26KB, 500x564px) Image search: [Google]
1459807471802.jpg
26KB, 500x564px
>>48305022
Honestly it's great. I know Coffee has vanished into the depths of the North Sea or wherever it is they go, but I will always remember what he has done so far.

There's a feeling that really can't be replicated--seeing someone else whom you have never met do something in a milieu you worked to build, and take it in their own direction. That's what I got into this whole thing for, and really if nothing else ever comes out of it, I'll still treasure that pervert's comic until the day I die. I have a copy of it printed out, you know, I keep it in a box along with some other momentos. I think it's a few teeth, the first .45 round that ever jammed on me, the first miniature I painted, a photo of my dad and I when I was young, and now the disturbed scribblings of a Danish sailor.

It's great. I hope he keeps going, but people have lives and stuff. Well, most people.
>>
>>48305290
>Danish
He's Finnish, you glorious catamite.
>>
>>48305321
Nah, Danish. Finns don't have humor and he didn't even write murhaaja right.
>>
>>48305321
I thought he was Danish. Hell if I know, I'm American, remembering specific Scandinavian ethnicities isn't one of our racial powers.
>>
>>48304270
>happycutegirls happycutegirls happycutegirls
>BERSERK
>happycutegirls
>>
>>48305407
>murhaaja
wait, that's finnish!?
But he is a fag, right?
Damnit, do we actually know anything about this guy!?

>>48305290
I think he said he's continue it if he got a job so he could buy a scanner.
>>
>>48305587
>Zellmurhaja
Literally means Zell Murderer, written wrongly.

That's his whole character, compressed into his name, and I love the character for it.
>>
>>48305641
Simplicity is everything.
>>
>>48305641
Oh wow.
You know, the characters, while they didnt get time to get much characterization, did feel like someones PC's. You got the guy who is not sure what his character is yet, the guy who is really into killing things, the player who knows more than what he lets on and that guy that makes a character that doesnt speak the language AND is the wrong race.
>>
>>48304392
>you can tell looking at Crecerelle that she's a nice person in general.
Really? That's not really the vibe she gives me.
>>
>>48304392
>Jimmy "the Holocaust was insufficient" Rome dissatisfied with portrait, demeans head artist for failing to commit sanpaku
Headlines write themselves.
>>
>>48305574
Danes are the ones who fuck outdoors at music festivals and eat strawberries and cream. Finns are the ones who spend their days sitting around in saunas and squinting suspiciously at Helsinki.
>>
>>48306255
Shit, both kind of fits for Coffee.
>>
>>48306228
>Jimmy
>Being mad at anyone for not finishing the job
He has no right.
>>
I have a semi-relatwd question for you guys, not specifically about the game but in dealing with real practice weapon use and martial arts in a fantasy setting.

How would something that's inhumanly strong, like say an ogre, or supernaturally quick like, idk, a vampire, approach armed combat in a world that otherwise assumes people fight in a (semi) real world manner? What kind if weapons, armor, stances, etc do you think they would adopt if they were experienced and trained?
>>
>>48295726
This is what I have so far. It's missing Unarmed maneuvers, hilt push Maneuvers, mounted maneuvers and other such Niche systems. Not really cards per-say but it looks like you can print, cut them out and then fold them to make cards. Not the most paper efficient way but hey it's something. If anyone has any critiques or suggestions feel free to leave them and i'll see about addressing them.
>>
>>48307228
Captcha is hungry today, it seems.
>>
>>48307228
whoops https://quizlet.com/_2e83u7
>>
>>48306873
Makes me remember a book where a half-giant is discussing getting armed with a !notcelt and he says "you're so large and strong you would just break a sword. No, a club for you and no armour will save them."
>>
>>48306873
Inhumanely strong would obviously strongarm everything.

Try to vividly imagining yourself fighting against a toddler that has just learned to walk to really hammer home the difference inhumane means.
>>
>>48307343
>>48307228
Someone have a printer free to test these?
>>
Are there any manuals or demonstrations on attacking from horse without a lance or spear? Especially while moving?
>>
>>48307482
>>48307343
I'm not seeing a print button.
>>
>>48308201
Seems like you need to login.
>>
>>48305673
>that guy that makes a character that doesnt speak the language AND is the wrong race.
Shit, I just realised that's a thing.
>>48306193
It is the vibe she gave me.
>>
>>48308199
http://www.napolun.com/mirror/napoleonistyka.atspace.com/cavalry_tactics.html
This might be a good place to start, but I'm having trouble finding any actual manual as to cavalry doctrine.
>>
>>48307343
>>48307228
>>48308263
>>48308201
>>48307482
Did a quick printer test.

The backside is barely readable, and that's just the first cards. Some of the later really long explanations are useless as far as this kind of card goes, since you couldn't read anything from the backside.
>>
>>48308564
>Shit, I just realised that's a thing.
RIGHT?
And the guy playing zellmuraja has to invent reasons why his character wouldnt murder him on the spot!
Heck, even the way the zell is introduced is reminiscent of poor GM introduction made worse by inexperienced players.
>>
>>48308629
So, what I'd suggest based on this:

Have a separate table for the rules of different maneuvers.

Then, on top of that reference table that is a nice little pamphlet full of pure rules speak, make a deck of cards with only the name of the maneuver, a page number and position of the same maneuver in the reference table pamphlet, and a fluff text what the maneuver is supposed to do.
>>
>>48308845
I think the name, cost, a sentence for fluff and an incredibly distilled form of rules would be best. No edge cases in the rules, abbreviations, nothing extra. Just the move as simply as it can be stated for the card.
>>
>>48309190
The thing with distilled rules is that you have to write those distillations, and still need to have the actual rules at hand at the table. That's why I propose an easy to flip trough a4 sized pamphlet with the full rules of each maneuver, with numbered pages and maneuvers. Think bible and the numbered verses.

Cost is good add, though.
>>
>>48309274
My printer decided to die on the "Bible" version, but it seemed good enough what it managed to print.

Here's the google spreadsheet for the bible version of the basic maneuvers. I gave everyone the ability to edit. I'll continue to work on it, since it shows promise. https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/19SPyOMKvH-SCS2PlC1FD1jFMmkgiFkKKv-0SXPfnGWU/edit?usp=sharing

Next on the line would be the card deck. Anyone know of a good card template?
>>
>>48309274
That works.

Let us consult the holy book. Advanced Maneuvers 3, Murderstroke 2.
>>
>>48310759
I went with the X.X style.

First number being the type of the maneuver, and the second number being the maneuver itself.

Thus, 1.1 means Basic maneuvers, swing.
>>
Give us some lore or something Jimbo.
>>
kill jester
>>
>>48313854
What?
>>
>>48313874
It's my money. Do it. Kill 'a.
>>
>>48313920
But what?
>>
What religion does the rest of the non-Chironite world practice?
>>
>>48314335
Kill jester.
>>
>>48316686
No, seriously, what the fuck are you on about?
>>
>>48317394
https://youtu.be/k3J8FYKZ52w
>>
Dont know where else to ask what are good Swords&Sorcery Systems?
>>
>>48317837
Barbarians of Lemuria.
>>
>>48317837
Runequest.

Song of Swords if you could figure out magic.
>>
File: 1394628674296.png (96KB, 246x432px) Image search: [Google]
1394628674296.png
96KB, 246x432px
>>48317837
GURPS. Probably Low-Tech, Martial Arts and Thaumaturgy. Just remember you don't need to use every rule in the book.
>>
>>48318262
>Low-Tech, Martial Arts and Thaumaturgy
Don't forget about Dungeon Fantasy and GURPS Conan.
>>
>>48318296
Probably want to cut martial arts then, he's pulling four books before DF and Conan. Too many choices leads to no choice being made.
>>
>>48317837
Burning Wheel.
>>
>>48318513
I'd personally suggest mouse guard before diving in to the tome that is burning wheel. Only thing that is missing is magic.
>>
>>48319371
He's read unedited SoS; he'll be fine.

Plus, you can't go wrong if you dive into the deep end.
>>
>>48319371
Does Mouse Guard use that weird scripting mechanic for combat from Burning Wheel?
>>
>>48319447
You mean declaring intentions and then declaring your course of action for the conflict? Yes.
>>
I love how no one mentioned Bovine.
>>
>>48319460
I mean preparing sequence of actions for all participants and then revealing them step by step, one against another.
>>
>>48319464
Haven't played it, so can't really recommend it, now can I?

Speaking of which, has anybody a story a tell about bovine game? Anybody played it?
>>
>>48319464
You mean Boobs of the Iron Throne?
>>
>>48319483
Oh yeah, you first declare your goal, calculate your disposition, then choose three actions which are revealed one at a time.
>>
>>48319535
I see. Never picked up Burning Wheel because of this combat system. It feels very anticlimactic and not very fun.
>>
>>48319584
Well, it was a hit and miss when we first started, but when we started to create "good" goals that showed clear intention what the characters were aiming for, on both sides, with clear consequences for losing and GM stopped hiding things from the players OOC it became really fun and I actually prefer Mouse Guard system for beer and pretzel nights.

What I personally miss from other games is the OOC dread of the unknown. In Burning wheels and Mouse Guard you aren't supposed to hide things from players. There's trust that OOC info keeps OOC, and players actively try to come up with good stories instead of victories all the time. This means that players might know already before the game even starts who the murderer is, in our most extreme example, just so that they can come up with good characters that make it interesting to see their beliefs and instincts clash.

But this means the wonder of the unknown is kinda lost. You win some you lose some.
>>
>>48309694
Bible is coming along. At the moment it takes 3 double sided a4 pages. Haven't managed to make a good card yet, though.
>>
>>48319584
It's worth pointing out that the scripted fight! system is not meant to be used for every encounter, only for the important and dramtic stuff if people want it.

There are two levels of simplified combat that resolve matters with a couple of rolls for when the full on fight! system would just slow things down.

Personally I quite like fight!, and it has a number of neat mechanics like shield destruction and the importance of positioning. With a knife or dagger you want to get right up in the enemy's face while a spearman wants to keep distance and the system makes determining the first step of a bout.

As with SoS, combat hurts and a fair fight is something to be avoided if possible.
>>
Can you turn a sword bind into a elbow strike to the chest, face, etc? As I understand it normally you'd want to use the pommel but I'm wondering how much you can put your body into it.
>>
>>48320118
You can, but that's gonna require you to basically not do a defense and just take a hit from the guy you're sword binding with for whatever reason.
>>
One of my players wants to fight an SoS "setting character" to gauge how tough the high level people are in the game. He's the sort of guy who doesn't like a pushover, and would probably hold it against the game if he faces a pushover. He's also generally good at games and can spot the holes in a system quickly.

Who should I put him up against, and how should I stat them? Also, how does one play a high level character in SoS? Fechting isn't my field of expertise. Canonical characters in SoS aren't normally statted out. His guy's going to be at Medium Power, and he's probably going to minmax pretty hard. He also said that if anyone has a magic weapon canonically that's cool.
>>
>>48320756
Use Gizka. The trick is she can be as powerful as you need and grow stronger during fight.
>>
>>48320756
Canonically characters like Gizka would be way stronger than any starting character could possibly be, especially at medium power. Gizka is supposed to have 30+ CP, at that point she could fight unarmed and still stand a good chance of defeating someone. Of course, she also wears pretty shitty armor given that she apparently has enough money to field thousands of men. Her limbs are exposed and her helmet in that one pic is open faced. She could be taken out by a lucky hit to the face or arms.

If you want a severe challenge the go-to guy seems to be Ornstein. The poleaxe brother of the Tenja fortress. Supposedly his armor is orichalcum and has no gaps, his poleaxe is fukkin magic and prevents him from being knocked down, and he's also a huge white guy instead of a 5'6 brown girl. Pretty much invincible. It also adds to the mystique of hte truly high level characters. Gizka apparently believes she can beat this guy, and the one Polish dude and King may be able to beat her. So if he faces this god killing monster and then learns that he's two tiers from the top, that might give him an impression of how serious shit gets at the top levels.
>>
>>48320756
Fight him multiple times and report what flaws he finds.
>>
>>48320756
There are three canonical magic swords that I know of in the setting. Two are owned by named characters. Ebakibel and Omraza.

Omraza is Gizka's sword. It can cut through any material. So Gizka has a fucking lightsaber.

The other is Ebakibel, which is a shitty looking dinged up sword that inflicts wounds that never heal. Its owner is an elf called Luu.

We know who Gizka is, we don't know who Luu is.

The third is some sort of sword that blinds atheists if it's held by a religious person, which means it probably belongs to some Paladin.
>>
File: dat_nazi.png (196KB, 640x640px) Image search: [Google]
dat_nazi.png
196KB, 640x640px
>>48320918
Why is everything in this game so fucking horrible?
>>
>>48320794
>and grow stronger during fight
Explain. Does she become blonde and blue eyed when she needs to fuck niggas up?
>>
>>48321090
If I had the artistic ability, I'd be right about now drawing Super Dacian Gizka.
>>
>>48320918
>The third is some sort of sword that blinds atheists if it's held by a religious person, which means it probably belongs to some Paladin.
What, like...wherever they are?
>>
>>48321122
I'd assume if they are in the vicinity of that sword. Or looking at it.

Otherwise people would be conditioned very quickly that certain god is indeed the one and only true god, because otherwise you go fucking blind.
>>
>>48321122
The sword is called Faro. It doesn't specifically blind atheists, when it is drawn it glows really brightly, and anyone who doesn't specifically share the belief system of whoever is holding it finds it terrifying and blinding.
>>
>>48321090
>>48321110
That's literally it though. She wears weighted clothing and fights with the wrong hand on purpose. When she feels threatened she sheds the weights and switches to her dominant hand hand.

This is all from the Hef fecht admittedly, but I like to think it's canon.
>>
File: maxresdefault (3).jpg (143KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault (3).jpg
143KB, 1920x1080px
>>48321110
>Super Dacian Gizka
It's literally just her riding a horse.
>>
>>48321077
The creator was part of a weird German cult as a child and it scarred him emotionally.
>>
>>48321077
They're weapons. They're supposed to be horrible.
>>
File: happuri_01.jpg (876KB, 1235x805px) Image search: [Google]
happuri_01.jpg
876KB, 1235x805px
Hey folks, how would you stat this thing? I don't think it's quite the same as a facemask.
>>
>>48322157
>it perfectly fits the contours of the face
What is it with museum descriptions trying to big up their pieces?
>>
>>48322157
Take away the Constricts Breathing and Perception Penalty, maybe reduce AV all around.
>>
>>48322157

50% chance to protect against blows to the face.
>>
>>48322212
7/3/5 maybe, so basically treat it as a stand-alone cage visor, mechanically?
>>
>>48322287
Essentially, yeah. Are you going to ask about the mempo as well?
>>
>>48322004
>>
>>48322399
Nah I'm good. I'm asking because I played a character in L5R once who didn't wear a helmet because as a scout and road patroller she didn't want to restrict her perception any, so she just had one of those. I wanted to know how to stat her out in Song of Swords as a purely hypothetical exercise.
>>
>>48322485
Actually while I'm at it, a question about spears. Could javelins, or certain kinds of javelins be used as spears in melee, or vice-versa, could certain kinds of short spears be thrown using the stat block for a javelin? Or do all spears use the thrown spear statblock no matter what kind of spear it is?
>>
>>48322187
Having impressive shit is literally their entire raison d'être.
>>
>>48303548
Now they will all be purged and replaced with Anatolian goat herders from the interior.
>>
>>48322706
Rules as written, all spears count as thrown spears regardless, but your GM I'm assuming would allow the Javelin-Short Spear ruling out of convenience and common sense. As long as you don't act like some asshole who takes a giant pile of javelins as a melee weapon pile just because they have 0 WT.
>>
>>48322804
RAW you could take a pile of short spears as a melee weapon pile because they also have zero weight, but I would just take three as that's how many Makoto had at character creation.
>>
>>48322729
What the fuck kind of shitty museums do you go to?
>>
>>48323052
>if a museum has cool stuff it's shit
Enjoy your trip to the museum of midwestern corn cobs, I guess.
>>
>>48323081
If your museum's whole raison d'etre is "to show off", then yes, it's shit.

Museums are for storing, analysing, and presenting historical artefacts as they are. Not for trying to look the most cool.
>>
>>48323138
>historical artefacts
>not cool
>>
>>48323171
It's almost like I wasn't saying being cool was the problem, you fucking mongoose.
>>
>>48323138
Pretty sure if that's all they were for, we'd just use the basement at your local university.
>>
>>48323181
>mongoose
Sir, is this supposed to offend me?
>>
>>48323138
>storing
Museums are generally not good at doing this. They do it very inefficiently and the most fragile specimens are generally not stored in museums at all, though the museum might pay for their storage.
>analysing
That's not what museums do. Museums make their stuff available to historians or analysis, but it a museum is more than peripherally engaged in research, it's more than a museum.
>presenting historical artefacts
Also known as showing off cool shit.
>>
>>48323183
I meant that's what they should be for. The whole conversation is about how they're not that.
>>48323215
I dunno. It's what my granny says. Apparently it's derived from mongoloid, but she's Indian so I'm fairly certain it's literal.
>>
>>48323138
>storing, analysing, and presenting
"having"
>historical artefacts
"cool shit"
>>
>>48323303
Presenting isn't the same as trying to bullshit up what you've got. I don't care about shitty fluff, I want to know about the damn piece.

But information's always written to seem as impressive as possible.
>>
>>48323294
>that's what they should be for.
>major institutions should be about things that don't generate revenue
And we all should have everything we need without having to work. But that's not how shit works. If you don't like it, do back in time and tell Adam to put Yahweh before vajayjay and not eat that God-damned apple.
>>
>>48323349
>major institutions should be about things that don't generate revenue
Congratulations.

Let me put it this way; stuff like Deadliest Warrior generates revenue. Actual documentaries don't. I still don't want Deadliest Warrior.
>>
>>48323320
Right. Because looking impressive gets both customers and relative prestige in the world of museums. Which gets both customers and sponsors.
>>
>>48323375
Yes.

And?

Of course they do what brings most profit. That's not the argument here, is it?
>>
>>48323366
>Actual documentaries don't.
I mean, not consistently, but the successful ones do.
>>
>>48323392
To be honest, I'm not really sure what the argument is at this point.
>>
Is this game good or at least fun?
>>
>>48323591
yes and yes.
>>
>>48323591
>>48323663
But seriously, Yes, it's good for what it tries to be, with few caveats.

The combat is the best thing. Everything else is run of the mill stuff. Works, but nothing to write home about.

Also, it's in indefinite "Soon™" status.
>>
>>48323591
I think it is
>>
>>48321077
They didn't even mention the sword that sends people it kills directly to hell, and then makes their corpses scream in agony for an entire night after they die.

If there is anything grimdark about the setting, it's magic weapons.
>>
In Ballad, shouldn't cover just make attacks that hit covered spots just miss? Doesn't this make half cover more lethal than being out of cover, since you're more likely to be shot in the chest or head or even a crit?
>>
>>48320834
We have vlatko's stats from his fecht. He's really tough, especially if he still has that revolver.
>>
>>48322157
Looks like a barbute faceplate so 4/3/3 with -1 per.
>>
What do you use to pick a lock in Ballad?
>>
>>48327216
A shotgun.
>>
>>48327216
a lockpick, presumably
>>
>>48327261
Presumably, but with what skill?
>>
How this game compared with sword path glory?
>>
>>48320756
Have him fight three drunk retards with messers who don't know the meaning of higher concepts like "blocking", "restraint", "self preservation" and "not throwing all your attack dice at someone"
>>
>>48320756
Have him contact and fight rhade and Dion in the roll20, they will give him a good run for his money.
>>
>>48322187
The real reason this shitshow of a "discussion" started is because rhetorical questions have turned out to be poor for their intended purpose of referential humor and small-talk. You didn't actually not know why they do that boasting bullshit, you just wanted to point it out so you could share a moment of collective shitting-on-blowhards, but maybe it would behoove us to adjust our vocabulary for textual remarks so as to avoid autists missing the point of conversation starters
Though shitposting about museums is conversation too so what the hell do I know
>>
>>48323591
The game will ruin most other systems' combat for you completely. They all suck and are completely illogical, and give you no options
>>
>>48320756
Your friend sorta kinda sounds like a moron, Anon
>>
>>48328630
Wasn't rhetorical. I didn't know, then people explained it, and so on.

That's how conversations work.
>>
>>48320756
What does he mean by "setting character"? Our equivalent of the D&D iconics, or an average guy? Because Gizka would probably shoot him, run off into the location of six men with halberds should he survive the shot
>>
File: 1438645892117.jpg (359KB, 600x851px) Image search: [Google]
1438645892117.jpg
359KB, 600x851px
So how does Arc and leveling up work in universe? Do all peasants also have Arc? Are the PC's blessed by the chaos dragons which explains their prodigious growth?
>>
>>48331380
The answer to all of these questions is no.
>>
File: af2b11595b007a48ffca3d6196a7bbb1.jpg (443KB, 1524x1283px) Image search: [Google]
af2b11595b007a48ffca3d6196a7bbb1.jpg
443KB, 1524x1283px
>>48331915
No it's not a valid answer. Do the monks of /fit/ island use Arc to become strong, or are the PCs ubermensch that exist on a different scale to all other life that allows them their growth
>>
>>48319464
what is bovine
>>
>>48332353
Blade of the Iron Throne.
Another Riddle of Steel successor.
>>
>>48332353
Blade of the Iron Throne
>>
File: 1401834258796.png (302KB, 490x457px)
1401834258796.png
302KB, 490x457px
>>48327397
Has anyone ever even played that game?
>>
>>48332284
I would say that normal people have Arcs, but most of them are "depressed," meaning that they cannot be accessed most of the time.

Those will dull, monotonous existences tend not to grow as people quickly. PCs are exceptional because, essentially, they are the sort of people who actively pursue their arcs and push themselves to try and fulfill them. You probably know people like this in real life--they are the exceptional few who for whatever reason have the motivation to chase their dreams heedless of the dangers they are exposed to.

A lot of these people die young. So it is with PCs, but it is also possible for a person to go years, decades through a normal life before being struck by the animating force that inspires them to take up such a lifestyle.
>>
>>48298354
I told people to upload it to mega or mediafire because I didn't have an account there twice I think.
Well home again and I have now made a mega account

https://mega.nz/#!XxFX3LAB!r9lykOvUof62DFpPw9lW0XG1mwMHjFFOk_WgjQV-S0o
>>
>>48332806
>>48332353
Is it any good?
>>
>>48337100
It's got badly drawn tits.

That's its high point.
>>
>>48337204
and it's not even muscly, brown elf, man-tits!
>>
>>48337316
Exactly.

They're just kind of...pudgy.

SoS has objectively superior taste.
>>
>>48337334
>takemyzellandleave.jpg
>>
>>48336013
Thank you, hopefully it will be in the next OP.

>>48326985
>>48320834
Vlatko Vlatkovic
(Low Freeman)
Str: 6
Agi: 8
End: 8
Het: 6
Wip: 10
Wit: 8
Int: 5
Per: 10
ADR: 8
TOU: 6
MOB: 11
CHA: 9
Prof: Soldier School 15 (Dagger, 1H Sword, Unarmed, Wrestling, Pistol, Thrown)
Talents: Accuracy, Special Move: Throw Weapon, Slippery, Precision, It was on Purpose!, Superior Void
Skills: Athletics 10, Climbing 10, Navigation 8, Observation 10, Swimming 6, Chymistry 5, Persuasion 8, Stealth 10
Boons: Natural Born Killer Rank 3, Allies (The Dacian Government), Bloodthirsty, Brave, Contacts (TN 4), Direction Sense, Good Eyes, Hale and Heart (4), Impressive Voice (Powerful), Literate (Dacian, Ruvian, Osterbijan)
Banes: Oath (10 “For Dace, James”), Enemies (Countless, all enemies of Dace, personal rivals within the Bureau), Facial Deformity (2, several gold teeth)
Weapons: Pishka Toothpick (Knuckledusters built into grip), Stiletto, Several (5-6) small knives, Pistol, Light Grenades (2)
Armor: Heavy Quilted Vest, Quilted Leggings, Chain Shirt
Equipment: Courser, Supplies & Camping Equipment, Case of Cheroots (20), Burdinadin Handsparker
Combat Pool: 26

Meet Vlatko Vlatkovic, son of a Kesh farmer from Sarvuna, now Agent 16 of Dacian Special Forces

And he has a Burdinadin made wheellock 6-shooter, about as close to a magic weapon as most people are going to get in this game.

Also, he's Voscan Solid Snake
>>
>>48338921
Iron Glade?!
>>
>>48337100
It uses d12s, so it's great if that's your favorite die.
>>
>>48338921
Slightly related question. Had Europeans figured out grenades in the medieval period?
>>
File: Medieval_Grenade_1.jpg (186KB, 500x433px) Image search: [Google]
Medieval_Grenade_1.jpg
186KB, 500x433px
>>48343166
Possibly
>>
>>48343166
If by European you mean Greek, and by grenade you mean Naphtha container, then definitely.
>>
>>48343661
>If by European you mean Greek
Eww, no, gross.
>>
>>48343166
For traditional bursting powder charge grenades with iron cases, I think the first recorded use of them in Europe is in the 1460s. The term "grenade" in English doesn't appear until like 1688.
>>
>>48295726
How many Boon/Bane points do you think it would take to start as a Silver Guard Adherent?
>>
>>48344893
None. It's a Race option.

Alternatively, a hundred. You need to buy off Dead.
>>
>>48338921
That is one tough motherfucker.
>>
Is Genosism supposed to be like a creeoy doomsday cult? Describing their absurd work ethic and fascination with building huge monuments comes off as really culty. The fact that they worship an angry sun god by building giant mirrors sounds like they're making some sort of superweapon to cook the planet.
>>
>>48346944
They are, in that they're Catholic.
>>
>>48347233
Even worse, Catholics adulterated with a fanatical Protestant work ethic.

The theology is as disturbing as it is intricate.

Boccy is best celestial
>>
>>48346256
No, those are Silver Guard, their Adherents are the ones that followers of theirs that they mark.
>>
>>48347903
>are the followers of theirs that they mark
>>
>>48346944
I think it isn't, actually. I think Jimmy sees Genosism as something comforting and uplifting, something glorious worth defending against the threats that the forces of chaos pose. The reason this comes off as weird is that Genosism is a morbid slave-cult that only an emotionally damaged person could possibly empathize with.
>>
>>48348389
>morbid slave-cult that only an emotionally damaged person could possibly empathize with.
See again, >>48347233
>>
>>48347903
I've played them a couple times and just taken Oath 10 (Adherant of Bocandessia) and Hale and Hearty which more or less imitates the mechanical benefits of being an adherent
>>
>>48348896
Is it weird setting-wise that so many people are potentially connected to demigods? You'd think that'd be a big deal in war.
>>
>>48348896
Not a bad idea.
>>
>>48350237
I don't think there's that many. While it makes sense to us for a Silver Guard to mark an entire town, some people are probably afraid of being that closely tied to a divine agent. After all they may need you.
>>
File: filthy professions.jpg (94KB, 564x846px) Image search: [Google]
filthy professions.jpg
94KB, 564x846px
>>
>>48352302
A man who has racked up all the arc he needs.
>>
>>48352302
That armour looks to big for him.
>>
>>48352572
well he is not wearing padding.
>>
>>48352587
Yeah, I don't think his jeans are period accurate
>>
>>48353475
You'd 've surprised at how close they are. Blue denim has been around since the 1600s.
>>
>>48354115
You wouldn't wear a powdered wig to a WWII reenactment, would you?
>>
>>48354128
If I wanted to look fabulous, I would.
>>
>>48354128
Someone needs to introduce Jerry to the Cold Steel.
>>
>>48350237
They already hear the commands of their goddess in song form.
>>
>>48354128
No one wore that style of plate in the 1650s?
>>
>>48357173
That plate? With a longsword? I wouldn't have thought so, no.
>>
File: Maneuvers.pdf (1B, 486x500px)
Maneuvers.pdf
1B, 486x500px
Heres what I have done for the Maneuver cards so far. Not nearly done because I'm lazy.
The front sides are one one page and the back sides are on the next, so you can basically print it on one sheet of paper by first printing one, putting the printed paper again in the paper tray so the next page can be printed on the backside.
In case people don't have printers capable of printing front and back at once.

If someone wants to help or something I can post the LaTeX file.
>>
>>48358891
Thanks, man.

>>48357201
Hand me downs, cant be buying third sons new armor and weapons all the time.
>>
>>48352572
Looks pretty okay to me, desu senpai
>>
File: 1413589459836.jpg (1MB, 3500x4087px) Image search: [Google]
1413589459836.jpg
1MB, 3500x4087px
Threadly reminder that we killed Sulla.
It's happening and it's all our fault.
>>
>>48360562
Pallys just respawn, right?
>>
>>48360725
"Genosian Paladin
After a number of years equal to 1,000 minus one year for every point of Divinity that the Genosian
Paladin either had in reserve, or had spent within 24 hours of his death, the Paladin will return through the
Solar Gate on Mt. Genosus."

Depending on how much divinity he had racked up, it might be a while.
>>
>>48360562
He was killed by a viking, as I recall.
Pagans got their revenge even before they needed it.
>>
>>48360984
He was killed by us, acting as Centurion Camillus, agent of an imprisoned god of decay.

Maybe that rot god will force Boccy and Geno to team up with old uncle Sartur.
>>
>>48351326
The fluff in the book under Silver Guard states that the majority of them are Adherents
>>
>>48361071
jesus i thought i had removed that the last time i posted
>>
I have 3 questions for Jimmy

1.Are standing armies common in Vosca

2.Who are the Prussians of both settings?

3.Is there a kaiser Wilhelm II in ballad and how badly did he fuck Chiron?
>>
>>48363599
Not Jimmy, but he's said before that standing armies aren't common on Vosca. It's medieval, so only a few kingdoms have anything that's even a predecessor of a standing army. Dace is one exception.
>>
How big is the average island in the void? Just an island, or are countries on basically continents?
>>
>>48363599
1: Not terribly common. Some kingdoms have deployments of troops that are maintained constantly, but these are generally the bodyguards of certain powerful nobles, or the watches of certain important cities.

2: Pomerija is more or less the Prussia of Tattered Realms. Chiron can be considered the Prussia of CotV, with Wessel as its Austria.

3: The current ruler of Chiron, Autarch Kyton von Richtofen, rose to power after the Kaiser stepped down in the wake of the Calamity. He was still an important figure during the First War of Containment, but after that the Autarch more or less usurped the role of first citizen. The Imperial Bloodline of Chiron still continues, of course, but it is of greatly reduced importance in the current government.

>>48364465
Some of the larger islands are country-sized. Chiron itself is about the size of Texas. Most of them are much smaller, though, and many countries consist of clusters or chains of islands rather than individual landmasses.
>>
>>48365140
>von Richtofen
Wait is the Bismark of this setting also a fighter ace?
>>
>>48365919
His eldest son flew during the First War of Containment, and was killed over Arlon during the final push, but Richtofen himself was never a pilot. He does favor the Sternwaffe, with Hans Sternfleishcer--the CEO and Founder of Sternfleischer Aeronautics, being his right-hand man. Many believe that Sternfleischer is the natural successor to the Autarch's throne, but others would point out that the Autarch seems to have no intention of retiring, and that the "successor" to his throne may well be an empty position, given the current incumbent's apparent immortality.
>>
We're working on another project, to sort of hedge our bets behind SoS.

This time I'm calling it "Medley of Mechs," the premise is sort of a Mobile Suit Gundam meets Robotech meets Battletech thing, but with SoS-level autism.

Anyone who has seem 08th MS Team will know what we're going for here. Also, the first science fiction series I ever read was Battletech, about Phelan Kell and his rise in Clan Wolf, and about the Battle of Tukkayid. Holy fuck that whole sequence was great. I'm a big fan of giant robot warfare done gritty, realistic (relatively speaking) and cool in that way.

The idea this time is to present a tongue-in-cheek near-future Earth with giant robots. Ideas for factions are included here, recommendations strongly appreciated. What sort of stuff do you want to see in a game about giant robots?

The European Union
The United States of America
The People's Republic of China
The British Commonwealth
Socialist South America (Commies, Brazil)
Revolutionary South America (Fascists, Chile)
The Syrian Resurrection
The Union of Sovereign Slavic Republics
New Rhodesia
The PANLA (Pan-African Nationalist Liberation Army)
>>
>>48366227
>Near Future
>The European Union
Really, just call it Germany at that point.
>>
>>48366227
>SoS with mechs
Do you ever feel as though you're pushing the envelope a bit too far with all of this Jimbo?
>>
>>48366227
How long before you get apprehended by liberal thought police?
>>
>>48366248
Why be so limited? France doesn't just cease to exist, you know.

>>48366276
Not terribly. This game can cover just about everything.

>>48366411
That's already happened, but this is America. They can't put you in jail for having the wrong opinions yet.
>>
>>48366248
The EU needs to die in order for Europe to live. Fuck the EU.
t. a Kraut
>>
>>48366827
I of liking the way you thinking, comrade
>>
>>48366853
I'm not complete opposed to the idea behind the EU but rather to what it turned out to be.
The main power within the EU lies with the EU commission which is not democratically elected and can in no way (short of violence) be drawn to charge. And the way the EU seems to try to always extend its power over the member countries.
I'd like a unified Europe, but with still very much sovereign nations (and a democratic organ in responsibility of course).
>>
File: The Legendairy Milkman.jpg (12KB, 240x240px) Image search: [Google]
The Legendairy Milkman.jpg
12KB, 240x240px
>>48366227
>We're working on another project, to sort of hedge our bets behind SoS.
Yeah, CotV. I thought that was meant to be the easy-to-get-into (in a more popular setting) game? Mechs are pretty niche, aren't they?

Also, Medley of Mechs is a fucking stupid name. It doesn't roll of the tongue -- it just has alliteration. You don't need to hammer in alliteration. Something like Tin Soldiers would go better.

The British Commonwealth should consist entirely of Wales.

The USSR should be ubermonarchist, although you've probably already got that.

Zanzibar should be holding out against the PANLA, due to its incredibly strong military state. And copious stealing of the original mecha scientists.

You should have a Union of Egoists, which would naturally be one bugger in his mech suit.
>>48366827
They're equally stupid, based on equally stupid thinking.
>>
>>48366227
Secret Commonwealth base off the Falklands/Cape of Good Hope/Hong Kong where Sirs and Dames chill out and train to be the most chivalrous motherfuckers in the Commonwealth?
>>
>>48366227
Ghurkas in mechs.
>>
>>48367851
No. Gurkhas NOT in mechs.
>>
File: suur-suomi.png (42KB, 1328x1016px) Image search: [Google]
suur-suomi.png
42KB, 1328x1016px
>>48368433
Gurkhas just being gurkhas? Amongst mechs?

>>48366227
Here's some alternative history and current wacko ideas for factions.

United Nordic Federation

Fourth Reich

Suur-Suomi

Empire of Japan somehow escaped death. Thanks to ww2 era mechs or something, I dunno.
>>
File: hobothor.jpg (7KB, 222x227px) Image search: [Google]
hobothor.jpg
7KB, 222x227px
>>48368544
>finland owing anything norwegian
Triggered.

We will fight them in the mountains, we will fight them in the fjords..
>>
>>48368544
All I want from this setting is a Finno-Chinese border. Please.
>>
>>48368655
You are literally trying to give us land, don't be absurd.

We would ask really nicely. You wouldn't be able to resist our charming politeness.

But yeah, as I said, wacko political ideas. This one died with the ww2.
>>
>>48368676
We took over finnmark and norwegianized all the tribals there to keep you from making your GREAT finland after WW1. AND WE WILL DO IT AGAIN!
>>
>>48368890
Fite me, you oil blooded sissy.
>>
>>48368913
Pinecone eating half-swede!
>>
>>48368920
>half-swede
I was having a pleasant conversation with you but then you had remind me of those abysmal hurri wankers.

You would deserve to lose some of your land over that transgression.
>>
>>48368979
Too bad none of you can wrestle yourself out of your alcohol-soaked, postmodern apathy to come here and try to take it.
>>
>>48368994
You know you're talking to norwegian when he assumes that a human being can't function while drinking and depressed, the sickeningly happy billionaires.
>>
>>48369049
Jealousy is unattractive.
also:
>Implying I'm not an unemployed slob who does exactly the same
My fylke is number one in alcoholism and suicide.
>>
>>48367103
>Also, Medley of Mechs is a fucking stupid name. It doesn't roll of the tongue -- it just has alliteration. You don't need to hammer in alliteration. Something like Tin Soldiers would go better.
You seem to have missed the musical name theme
>>
>>48367851
>>48368433

Metal Gurkhas?
>>
>>48369208
>Heavy Metal Gurkhas?
>>
>>48368544
>Gurkhas just being gurkhas? Amongst mechs?
Now you're getting the idea.
>>48369208
Just gurkhas.
>>48369174
Song works. Ballad works. But Medley doesn't. IMO, it's better to go with something that works than something which doesn't (but is part of a theme).

Then again, these are giant, clanking metal men we're talking about. There's a lot to work with.
>>
>>48366227
Why not just make a mecha variant supplement for Call of the Void? Surely that seems more practical when CotV is already a sci-fi game. Jimmy, you're going too far.
>>
>>48366227
>>48367103
>>48369174
>>48369263

Mixtape of Mechs.
Problem: solved.
>>
>>48369830
Mecha Mixtape (or Mecha Medley, for that matter) could be decent.
>>
>>48369919
I'm imagining Samurai Champloo, if the samurai were all giant mech samurai.
>>
>>48369933
Old skool Hip hop soundtrack with realisticool mechas.
>>
>>48369933
So it's 90s hiphop mechs?
>>
>>48370135
>>48370153
Fucking exactly. I'd run that.
>>
>>48371113
Instead of guns, me ha were engineered to perform acrobatic feats on massive cardboard battlesheets
>>
>>48371256
>me ha
Oh no
>>
>>48369263
Honor in Rust: Combat Concerto?
>>
>>48371499
Percussive Maintenance.
>>
>>48369174
Does Melody work better?
Waltz of the Walkers?
>>
>>48366227
Singapore pushing its borders and becoming a proper city state?

Oman using amphibious mechs to dominate the straits of Hormuz?

Mechanized Balkans, or alternatively, Balkanized Mechs.

Near constant battle around Gibraltar and the Spanish exclaves.

The high tech but few in number mechs of a Japanese-Taiwanese alliance slowly losing ground to hordes of crudely built Chinese mechs.
>>
>>48371728
Yugoslavic gattai made from eveyr component national, obviously.

Japan should field mechs gimped in order to look cooler, because the anime and vidya Zaibatsu bought up all the military contracts.

Just *how* tongue in cheek was Jimmy aiming?

--this should definitely be an add-on to CotV, by the way. Not enough to -- stand on its own two legs.
>>
>>48371878
You forgot your Carlos image.
>>
>>48366227
>>48369610
Seconding this, lad. Medley of Mechs could very well be some sort of expansion to CotV.
>>
>>48372711
If you'd really want to make it big, you'd be doing Mass Effect version of SoS and Ballad.
>>
>>48373071
That actually would not be an immensely difficult conversion.

Gunplay and biotics in the form of Void Magic is really already there.
>>
>>48373157
-shields
-mechs
-ships
-weapons
-biotics
-tech

There's a lot to write, that's for sure.
>>
>>48366227
Will this system be compatible with SoS?

Depending on how tongue-in-cheek you want to get, it would be cool to see Cuba with a bunch of mechs jury rigged out of old washers and shit.

>The British Commonwealth
>Socialist South America (Commies, Brazil)
>Revolutionary South America (Fascists, Chile)
Babbie's first alt history, desu.

>The Union of Sovereign Slavic Republics
Babbie's first tongue in cheek.

>>48367103
Pretty sure MoM is a working title, like Ballad of the Laser Whales.
>>
>>48366464
>That's already happened
Tell us a story, Jimmy.
>>
>>48367103
>I thought that was meant to be the easy-to-get-into
L O L
O
L

It's not at fucking all.

>The British Commonwealth should consist entirely of Wales.
Wales and one little island somewhere in the Pacific.

>>48369919
I'm imagining something like Megas XLR but with real niggas straight out of Compton, and somehow with Jimmy Rome's autistic level of detail. And it's way fucking better than Jimmy "The EU will still exist in the future" Rome's retarded idea about redoing generic blob nations that have been done a thousand times before. Fuck, Jimmy Rome is in California, if he can't do a gang-based mech combat game with that kind of experience, who can?
>>
>>48374967

I'm imagining a kinda cyberpunk setting where the world is controlled by megagangs, who have turf pretty much anywhere they have a big stompy ghetto-blasting bruv bot that isn't dead from a progressive shiv or mortar fire.

Want a mech fight? Tag a few floors of a skyscraper.
>>
>>48375369
Forget cod-pieces, we have groin-mounted graffiti-jizzin' crotch painters.
>>
>>48375369
Personally i'd rather it be past/future vosca. Where it's an advanced civilization again. The Zells would double pilot mechs that are really Zellislava. Burds would have their super technologically advanced clockwork mechs. Orredin pilot mechs with large amount of oricalcum circuitry and a big magnifying glass eye that amps up the power of their laser eyes. Ascendents just have "mechs" powered by their pure divinity. Ohanedin were getting the shit end of the stick with their inability to touch metal but then the spirits taught them how to Pilot the sleeping Giants.
>>
>>48375622
And humans are still shit eating dirt farmers cowering in the shadows.
>>
>>48375622
>i'd rather it be past/future vosca
Why? Vosca is good for what it is, but making BotLW use Vosca races is enough of a stretch as it is.
>>
>>48375678
But ballad is just in the same setting already
>>
File: medieval-peasants.jpg (124KB, 739x525px) Image search: [Google]
medieval-peasants.jpg
124KB, 739x525px
>>48375662
"OY GUVNA"
"What is it, human?"
"OY GUVNA, WHASSAT GOIANT ME'AL TING YE 'AVE THERE?"
"It's a battlemech."
"A BA'LEMECH? IN ALL MOI YEARS I'VE NEVAH SEEN NUTTIN' LOIKE IT, WHAT'LL YOU ELVES COME UP WIF NEXT?"
"A column of them marched through your.. Fiefdom... Last week."
"WE AIN'T A FIEFDOM, WE'RE A DEMOCRATIC MINARCHIST COMMUNE!"
>>
>>48374815
>Ballad
>Working Title
say it ain't so
Ballad of the Laser Whales is a far superior name to Call of the Void or probably anything else Jimmy could cook up
>>
>>48375622
I was daydreaming about a hypothetical setting just earlier today where the Burdinadin are even bigger fuckups than they presently are. They let their advanced tech spread over the last few years, and the present day is a weird medieval-cyberpunk hell.
>>
File: the NEETest of Knights.jpg (43KB, 567x850px) Image search: [Google]
the NEETest of Knights.jpg
43KB, 567x850px
>>48377778
Are you a bad enough dude to survive such a world?
>>
>>48377778
Isn't that sort of like E.Y.E.?
>>
>>48376014
I'd say it's different settings with some bleed. The Zells may just be a fixture in all of Jimmy's stuff because he's got a thing for muscular sailor waifus.
>>
>>48379415
His nipples are glaring at me.
>>
>>48383983
As is natural
>>
Post sexy weapons
>>
File: custom951f.jpg (39KB, 450x1729px) Image search: [Google]
custom951f.jpg
39KB, 450x1729px
>>48385872
>>
>>48386308
Do you have any more information on this?
>>
File: yeoldenoobtube.jpg (52KB, 736x297px) Image search: [Google]
yeoldenoobtube.jpg
52KB, 736x297px
>>48385872
Considering including these as a minor anachronism in my SoS campaign because I love them so much. I guess that'd require my players to not flake though
>>
>>48387941
How would you even stat a hand mortar? I imagine you'd just use whatever firearm's range and grenades as ammo?
>>
>>48302206
>>48303121
>>48303479
>>48303548
It's a false flag. It became obvious when "the people" neutralized tanks. TANKS.

You heard about those SEAL commandos who supposedly went missing, and then 2 of them were caught today because they somehow thought that disguising themselves as tourists would be foolproof? How about the warships that ran away to Greece? And the 4 dozen toppest special forces deciding that randomly shooting up Dear Leader's hotel while they were approaching it was the pinnacle of operational operation?
top kek
>>
>>48387941
When and where are you basing your game?
>>
>>48387843
It's a custom piece by Arms and Armor out of Minnesota(I think). Someone wanted a flammard/flamberge smallsword. I'll see if I can get the link on my phone.
>>
>>48389319
>>48387843
http://arms-n-armor.com/custom951.html
Here you go. They make some fantastic looking stuff and are generally highly reviewed on myarmoury.com
>>
>>48389236
It's a renaissance era game set around the not!Black Sea.
>>
1H blunt and shield master race reporting in.
>>
>>48390488
Not Rondel Dagger Buckler master race
>>
>>48392499
do tell
>>
>>48392499
Balloon and targe, motherfucker.

>>48389396
Dat zweihander
http://arms-n-armor.com/custom953.html
>>
>>48392702
>ballock
>>
File: shrugs.png (263KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
shrugs.png
263KB, 500x375px
>players facing some weak enemies
>fail to utilize any tactics or use teamwork
>barely escape, injuries aren't life threatening but suck
>they tell me the fight was fair and resolve to fight smarter

>next time
>they're excited to prove themselves
>throw out the same enemies
>they do marginally better

>now they've got the hang of it
>start talking shit
>throw out some slightly tougher enemies
>abandon all the lessons they learned
>they get murdered
>mfw
>>
Do you actually have to fight unarmored to take advantage of the unarmored noble school bonus? It seems pretty dang strong
>>
>>48393912
No my man
>>
>>48393912
It's blatantly broken. Make your players have to be unarmored.
>>
File: I like fights.gif (914KB, 500x373px) Image search: [Google]
I like fights.gif
914KB, 500x373px
>>48393340
You want them to learn, they dont wanna learn.
>>
>>48393340
What managed to kill them?
>>
>>48393984
>>48393912
Does it need to be unencumbered?
>>
>>48393340
Dumbasses.
>>
>>48397267
It doesn't say anything so I suppose the GM has the only say.

>>48395552
throwing all of their dice into one attack and either failing to deal damage or losing initiative. Once the 5v4 became 4v2 it was pretty much a rout.
>>
>>48314834
They might have largely picked up their creepy cult. Somehow I got the impression that the Albish are Genosians.
>>
Want to ask about Ballad melee:
Say that you have one guy who uses a laser rifle and one weeb who runs around with a moonrune blade
Laser Rifle guy starts out with Aim and moving to flank in Phase 1, moonrune blade engages in melee, resolves one round (two actions) of combat with whoever
Phase 2, he Aims and moves again, but moonrune blade engages again and resolves another round (two actions) of CP-refreshed combat with whoever
Phase 3, Aim and shoot, finally getting enough dice to do shit, Moonrune Blade finishes off the third guy

Does it work like this? Because the guy aiming seems like he's doing so little work compared to the guy getting up in people's faces (though naturally, closing the distance takes its time for the melee guy, this is less of a problem in, say, a closed ship with the melee guy having Translocate)
>>
>>48400395
Melee resolves very quickly in the rules right now because it basically lasts for one exchange each time. Imagine how much worse it would be if people actually played out full melee encounters in one action though.
>>
>>48400395
Aiming for three phases is something you should really only do if you're shooting at someone hundreds of yards away, or are playing someone with almost no combat ability. At that point even a mediocre character will be running a ~10 die bonus overall, and that's if the weapon has no scope or any of that shit.
>>
Does Jimmy still have a hard on for Rudyard Kipling?

https://youtu.be/nY6SvuQTfd4?t=1m5s
>>
>>48400431
Given that our ranged guy has an MP of 7, I'm not exactly sure he'll ever succeed on a shot unless he aims for three phases straight
>>
In Mozambique Drill, it says you hit the Chest twice and the Head once, but is it Chest (Vitals) or Chest (Non-Vitals)?
Also, why is there no hit location for Lower/Upper Back in case you're shooting someone from behind, like there is in Song of Swords?
>>
>>48400521
I'd say first one could be vital or non-vital, but the second one would be vital thanks to the first being a reference point.

Depends on the available light.
>>
>>48401355
That seems like an appropriate answer. Non-vital, Vital, Head.
>>
>>48397267
Yes, you only get The unarmored bonus if you are unencumbered. While the bonus is fun, it's too easy to break right now. As it stands, a noble with a grutte zwei who does nothing but superior disposed is one of the most broken character schemas out there.
>>
>>48400521
>In Mozambique Drill,

And what about the Macedonian Drill, thread? Is CotV a game about Slavs firing and being fired upon, or is it not?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=om5ZQw6-ljg

https://thefiringline.com/forums/showthread.php?t=147670
Thread posts: 312
Thread images: 30

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.