[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Fallout Tabletop

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 6

File: Vault Boy.png (201KB, 802x749px) Image search: [Google]
Vault Boy.png
201KB, 802x749px
Considering running a Fallout campaign with a few friends that enjoyed the original games. I'm ready to look into the two systems that are on the Fallout PnP wiki, or I might just go with GURPS. I also hear that J Sawyer made a system, but I can't seem to find it. Anyone have any luck with these systems for the setting? Any preferred alternatives?
>>
>>48287847

the fallout system is already pretty RPG, if you don't like the PnP you could convert the system to function on the tabletop pretty easily
>>
File: 1428510433595.pdf (1B, 486x500px)
1428510433595.pdf
1B, 486x500px
>>48287847
>>
File: 1365816480805.pdf (1B, 486x500px)
1365816480805.pdf
1B, 486x500px
>>48288092
>>
>>48288102
>>
>>48288092
>Based on the newer games
This is gonna be a bad ride isn't it?
>>
>>48287847
If you liked the original games then GURPS is a good way to go. Go get yourselves the relevant books from the good folks at /gurpsgen/. I'd recommend taking a look at the After the End books even if you end up using some other system, just for ideas.
>>
>>48288092
This seems interesting. Almost reminiscent of Edge of the Empire. Might end up using this one after I talk to the potential players and find out if they something different, because like >>48287898 said, otherwise it's just simple to find out a few of the originals' more hidden stat rolls and then just filling in the blanks to make it ready for tabletop.
>>
File: fallout pnp.pdf (1B, 486x500px)
fallout pnp.pdf
1B, 486x500px
>>48288235
Someone already tried that, it's terrible.

The system from the original games is too complicated to be played by hand, and also filled with massive flaws that only become more apparent on the tabletop
>redundant skills like Doctor and First Aid or useless skills like Gambling
>useless stats like Charisma
>AP system which makes Agility the god stat
>movement and attacking both use AP, making melee weapons almost useless

>>48288190
The 'fallout is gurps' meme needs to die. Steve Jackson Games pulled out long before the game was finished and by the time it was done there was no resemblance. If anything the final product is closer to BRP.
>>
>>48287847
I might almost suggest using the 40k RP setting and modifying it as needed, it has pretty solid mechanics for modern and futuristic gameplay, of the lines I would probably suggest DH 1st ed with alternate character creation rules allowing more open form point-buying.

The Fallout 1 & 2 system is flawed until you try firing a full auto burst of anything.
Then it's straight up unplayable.
The PnP versions all have their own flaws.

Whatever you find, Good hunting out there.
>>
>>48288561

My playgroup's been converting this system after completing the alterations to Retropocalypse (>>48288092). The file's too large to upload, so here's a link to the doc: https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B5Rb4JbnzRAXMWszNkdOalJoX1k

Not completely up to date, will upload current version when I get home if there is interest.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.