[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

warzone general

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 6

File: pic1578269.jpg (35KB, 598x265px) Image search: [Google]
pic1578269.jpg
35KB, 598x265px
hi /tg/, anybody plays warzone resurrection or played the old version? Seems criminally underrated over here. Come and share you thoughts.

If you don't know the game, the new version is a fun wargame with some cards involved. Basically you play like a wargame, but also draw cards which you can activate using resources you units produce,the cards are just a suport to the actual game and it doesn't play like a card game at all.
link to the site with free downloadable rules
http://warzone.prodosgames.com/
link to a shitty demo game which can help you see how the game works if you can endure the cringy players
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zKfUDoHu2o8

i can only suggest you look into it, models are great and rules are too
>>
File: mercurian-maculators.jpg (75KB, 800x800px) Image search: [Google]
mercurian-maculators.jpg
75KB, 800x800px
>>48280853
Apparently v2.0 beta rules are out now.

These things look awesome.
>>
File: trenchers.gif (42KB, 488x177px) Image search: [Google]
trenchers.gif
42KB, 488x177px
>>48280920
yeah, but a lot of units haven't been added to 2.0 yet, i would suggest getting into old rules first.
Also no model they can possibly conceive will ever beat the awesomeness of old trenchers
>>
File: trenchers.jpg (63KB, 800x800px) Image search: [Google]
trenchers.jpg
63KB, 800x800px
>>48280951
The new ones look good too, though.
>>
>>48280853
I played Doom Trooper with the other slaves when we were building the pyramids. Didn't know Warzone was still a thing. Neat.
>>
>>48281145
yeah, new models in general are great, but some poses are so tryhard dynamic they look retarded, not quite so retarded that they ruin the great desgns, but pretty damn retarded. Ashigaru are a good example(not all of them, you will probably guess the one i am referring to), but the bauhaus blitezer holding the grenade launcher is stupid too.
>>
i don't want to be an elitist faggot, but why does /tg/ almost only play entry level stuff? There is so little "underground" stuff being talked about it hurts me
>>
>>48281641
/tg/ started out as a 40k containment board to get the threads off /b/.
>>
>>48281203
He'd be fine is he wasn't carrying the grenade launcher. A regular rifle, and it wouldn't be so irksome.
>>
>>48280951

I prize those because they are the cheapest mass of generic scifi/modern infantry you can get on the market.

If you want to play Imperial Guard on a budget, this is what you purchase. If you need a large number of models for an NPC antagonist for a skirmish game, this is what you buy. If you need a lot of generic scifi humans models for a kitbash, this is the target of your acquisition.
>>
File: blitzers.jpg (304KB, 2048x1462px) Image search: [Google]
blitzers.jpg
304KB, 2048x1462px
>>48281203

Yeah infinity has the same problem. I wish companies would just accept that conventional poses are best poses.

I'm a huge fan of the game honestly. Was painting my Valpurgis this evening. Might go back to my Bauhaus soon though. The Blitzers are calling to me...
>>
How many models is needed for a normal game in the current ruleset?
>>
>>48284406

Depends on whether you go elite or not. I'd say 20-50 depending on what you take. You could make it even more or less but I'd expect it to be in that area.
>>
Bump for interest
>>
>>48284675
Yeah,sounds about right
>>
I really hate the regression in aesthetic with 2.0, look at the new ashigaru or those blitzers with their clown hands. But Im 90% certain these newer design quirks sell better so good for prodos I guess. (too bad prodos burned the boardgames crowd too hard)
>>
Big fan of the game and the background. Got into the game when the box set came out with the plastic trenchers and ducal militia, brought into the army lists and models and was sorely disappointed when target when bust. Was a great game to draw away from GW games and the crew did support my FLGS.
Was so happy when this came back that I backed with a one off everything deal at kickstarter and more or less been trying to buy as much as I can of the newer releases and updates. Played really well, the new version (WZR 2.0) is a tweaking job, but need fuller lists to get a better feel.

You can start the game with a starter set and maybe a character and light vehicle if you really want. It's great fun
>>
>>48288378
Do you have many people to play with? Is it actually a thing at your LGS? I have never seen anyone even mention it, or even selling it here, bug /tg/ are pretty dead in general here in italy.
How many points do people play with usually?
>>
>>48288370
I really think new models, a part from some strange poses, look beautiful. What's wrong with ashigaru? And what do you mean with clown hands?
Also i can agree old models looked better, but as you said they needed to be changed and renewed.
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.