[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Blessings

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 3

File: dork.jpg (39KB, 320x450px) Image search: [Google]
dork.jpg
39KB, 320x450px
How come whenever someone brings up magical items, everyone wants to talk about horrible psychological curses?

Let's talk about the exact opposite. What are some blessings/blessed items that have more of a RP effect than a gameplay one?
>>
>>48233117
Makes your dick bigger, made out of auto-renewing chocolate, and it ejaculates money.
>>
File: ring.jpg (3KB, 262x192px) Image search: [Google]
ring.jpg
3KB, 262x192px
>>48233117
>ring of encircling
This powerful artifact uses ancient, forgotten magics to form a complete and inviolable circle around the finger it is worn upon

>pouch of limited fertility
This wondrous pouch contains magical seeds that bless the ground with the ability to sprout entirely new forms of life
>>
File: pouch of limited fertility.jpg (35KB, 387x320px) Image search: [Google]
pouch of limited fertility.jpg
35KB, 387x320px
>>48233176
>pouch of limited fertility

Here's a rare illustration of this relic
>>
>>48233117
>How come whenever someone brings up magical items, everyone wants to talk about horrible psychological curses?

I think mostly because magic is kind of anti-religious, therefore inherently bad/evil.

Plus, having magic have a cost is always more interesting than just having something magic give you a free pass to do whatever. Things gotta have cost.
>>
>>48233517
I like the idea of magic having a price, but most of the magic items I've seen here are just plain evil, with no upsides whatsoever. Shit that gives you paranoia, or makes you hear wicked voices.
>>
Tongue of St. Dolban, a bell's ringer turned mace. It can be struck against a shield to produce a peal that renders demons deaf and drowns out any speech but prayers to The Lord of Man
>>
>>48239218
I like the idea of fighting a bell-ringer boss in a tower.

Imagine some guy dressed in flowing church robes who moves around the exterior and interior of the belltower like Quasimodo.
>>
>>48233117
Because magic is basically bending the natural law at your will, and that's both dangerous and increibly atractive,so it must have some kind of drawback. Hocus-pocusing everything without any side effect is kind of boring,too.

>Bulwark of Faith
A tower shield especially made for a now forgotten paladin long ago. Depending on how strong the bearer's faith in his deity is,the lighter AND stronger is the Bulwark.
>>
>>48233117

Partially because even blessed items as we are familiar with them are based in a religion that assumes the inherent sin of being, so even the stuff that does good has to somehow also punish or at least come with unpleasantness. It can be more of an rp thing though. Also probably because magic items that just do good shit come in the dmg.

Incense made from special herbs grown in consecrated ground. When burned resting periods required to heal, meditate and receive spells, etc. are shorter if the proper techniques and devotions are followed.

Hair shirt woven from hairs of ascetic hermits, its itches horribly but gives a modicum of protection against foul sorcery.

The True Icon. Actual, for real and true ancient icon that is particular to the faith, be arc, cross, cube, shroud, whatever. Emboldens all believers who see it, making them immune to fear and despair.

Feather of heavens. A writing quill from an angel's back, given to an imprisoned saint to inscribe and illuminate while confined. Spell scrolls written with this quill, if written by the faithful, in isolation, are more powerful.
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.