[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Age of Sigmar General

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 410
Thread images: 74

File: Alarielle.jpg (199KB, 1003x1000px) Image search: [Google]
Alarielle.jpg
199KB, 1003x1000px
>resources
pastebin.com/LPEdZcTi

The thigh of Everqueen edition:

>Point system pdf for matched game
>Thx, Based Leaker!
sendspace.com/file/n3nkx2

Old thread
>>48151978

Lord-Relictor is really good in matched play; Auric Runemaster still sux.
>>
File: 1466527036722.png (561KB, 666x666px) Image search: [Google]
1466527036722.png
561KB, 666x666px
First for Bloodbound!
>>
2ND FOR KROAK THE OVERCOSTED
>>
Playing a narrative campaign this weekend as Slaves to Darkness.

Should I go with a Sorceror Lord and recruit a Chaos Lord later, or just two Sorceror Lords?

2x Oracular Visions and Daemonic Power is tempting.
>>
>>48175259
*Third for the Blood God
>>
>>48175202

Is her cloak disintegrating?

Also how does Alarielle find time to exercise or can she just magically get herself in shape?
>>
>>48175277
Have you ever seen a god that's not in shape?

In b4 papa nurgle
>>
>>48175202
nothing really happened last thread, so here it is again

2000 pts of Wanderers
fuck yo dayum trees
Thinking of painting in more Autumn colours and fluff them as followers of that one elf that got to be incarnate of fire for thirty seconds

Heroes
Nomad Prince - General
80 pts
Waystrider
80 pts
Spellweaver
100 pts
Waywatcher
100 pts
Total: 360 pts

Battleline
Glade Guard x20
160 pts
Glade Guard x20
160 pts
Glade Guard x20
160 pts
Total: 480 pts

Other
Sisters of the Watch x10
240 pts
Sisters of the Watch x10
240 pts
Eternal Guard x10
160 pts
Eternal Guard x10
160 pts
Eternal Guard x10
160 pts
Wildwood Rangers x10
Sisters of the Thorn x10
440 pts
Total: 1160

Grand Total: 2000 pts

Prince goes with wildwood rangers, Waystrider hangs around Glade Guard and the spellweaver hangs around the Eternal Guard and Sisters of the watch, Eternals go up front with sisters close behind and find a nice spot to defend
>>
>>48175342
That's a lot of dudes.
>>
>>48175202
Wait what makes relictor go from mediocre to good?
>>
My flgs is getting in on the AoS global tourny hype and I was thinking of getting in and taking a break from 40k.

I was gonna get a Start Collecting! box and was looking between the Skeleton Horde and Malignants, will I be face rolled?
>>
I heard on one of the recent podcasts (Can't remember which one) that on one of the maps of the Realm of Life you can see the buried form of one of the Godbeasts if you turn it upside down.

Does anyone knwo which map this is? If not do any of you have any maps of the Realm of Life saved?
>>
>>48175538
both are actualy really good boxes, go for arkhan the black, hes the cheapest but the best for summons and his spells are insane
>>
>>48175259
>>48175271
>Using Sorcerors...
>Thirding for Khorne

what a pleb
>>
>>48175369
boys over toys my motto
>>
>>48175516
Nothing, really. In a world where the Lord-Castellant costs 100pts there is no point to a 80pts Lord-Relictor except if you *really* can't afford those 20pts.
>>
>>48175516
best uses i have seen for relictor are healing big models like lord-celestant on dracoth or celestant prime

or blasting a hard hitting enemy unit so they take D3 mortal wounds and suffer -1 to hit
>>
>>48175699
why not both?

stacking +1 save buff with a -1 to hit debuff on an enemy is really good
>>
File: image.jpg (71KB, 600x620px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
71KB, 600x620px
>>48175369
That's what I said, but then I checked out the battle lines stats.
>>48175684
Pic related
>>
>>48175727
Because Stormcast don't really need both to be stupidly tanky, and taking both cuts into you budget for Lord-Celestants and similar offensive heroes.
Also, the Lord-Relictor has a 33% chance to just not work.
>>
>>48175791
The battle lines, while meh in melee, are decent at range, though a hoard army like skaven doesn't give a damn about loosing 10 monks from an 80 man congregation of filth. Good thing he's using 60 of them. Would actually love to play this army.
>>
Can anyone tell me which of those maggoth lord's variants is best?
I got no experience in game so I can't tell myself which one would be most useful.
I'm got him and blightkings for base of my nurgle force. Gonna reinforce them with start collecting box as soon as I paint them?
>>
Well, in the hopes of kick-starting some hip and fresh discussion, here's a 2000pt Flesh-Eater Courts list I threw together:

Abhorrant Ghoul King on Terry - 400pts
- Tomb Blade and Ruler of the Night

Ghoul Patrol Battalion - 100pts

Crypt Ghast Courtier - 80pts
- Ring of Immortality

20 x Ghouls - 200pts

20 x Ghouls - 200pts

20 x Ghouls - 200pts

Attendants at Court Battalion - 100pts

Crypt Haunter Courtier - 120pts
- Cursed Book

6 x Crypt Horrors - 280pts

6 x Crypt Horrors - 280pts

TOTAL: 1960pts

The extra 40pts left over annoys me, but there's nothing that cheap to spend it on.

The idea of the army is to mitigate its lack of range with the patrol ambushing turn 1 and the horror/terrorgheist pack pushing up very quickly. I don't really know whether this'll work because I haven't had a look at the pitched battle missions yet, but I like the extra-durability combo of the Ghoul King's spell and Ruler of the Night/Death Battle Trait, should go a fair way in alleviating the army's durability issues.

What do you think?
>>
>>48175277

Dude, when you live on leafs, morning, midday and night you tend to not get fat I guess.
>>
File: Keep Calm and Khorne On.jpg (216KB, 660x942px) Image search: [Google]
Keep Calm and Khorne On.jpg
216KB, 660x942px
>>48175683
Get off your high horse.

Rerolling saves of 1 is that many more skulls for the skull throne.
>>
Okay,

Finally settled on what I think is 1000pts of Stormcasts:

- 5 Liberators, sword/shield, grandweapon
100pts

- Lord Castellant
100pts

- Gryph Hound
40pts

- Lord Relictor
80pts

- Knight Azyros
100pts

- Knight Venator
100pts

- Vanguard Wing
100pts
- Prosecutors w/ Javelins, Stormsurge
80pts
- Prosecutors w/ Javelins, Stormsurge
80pts
- Prosecutors w/ Hammers, Grandweapon
100pts
- 5 Liberators, 2x sword, grandweapon
100pts

Total: 980pts

The general plan is that the shield-liberators/Castellant/Relictor form a hard centre and tarpit. The Azryos beacons for the Prosecutors and Venator, and they pull apart anything isolated. Anything truly scary gets targeted by the hammer-prosecutors and the sword-liberators teleport in to slice it up.

Thoughts? Not enough bodies?
>>
>>48175791
The Glade Guard are more for 60 -3 rend alpha strike anyways
real staying power are eternal guard and sisters
>>
>>48175949
Yeah, I saw that. Glade guard seemed pretty cool. Like I said, wouldn't mind playing against
>>
>>48175883
Morbidex and Orgotts are both pretty punchy and offer some support. You can throw either in a Rotbringers list and they'll probably do their job. Orgotts has a farily reliable damage output while Morbidex is tougher.
Bloab really wants to have a list built around him, since his unique spell is potentially devastating if used right.
>>
>>48175899
Sorcery fags get out...
>>
>>48175883
Honestly Bload Rotspawned
The Rotbringers mage is meh at best, and He's really good, the others are useful but only in certain situations
>>
Woho, I just calculated I have 300 pts to play with.... Not much, but hopefully it will be 300 well painted points!

Question; If I go Ironjawz, as I intend mainly because I love the idea of Brutes as line troops, do I always miss out on the other good (by good, I mean new releases) stuff team Destruction gets?

Say for instance that they release a new.. .I don't know, warmachine or some shit like that, can I bring it in my list and still play Ironjaws? Or does it work as in 40k, that I can get a "formation" on the side, containing a completely different army from the Destruction table?
Reason I ask is, while the models in the Ironjaws range looks great (personal opinion here, I know), apart from the old Ard boyz models, they are few in numbers and I fear I wont have much of tactics to speak of. No ranged units, no warmachines, I got brutes, boars, and heroes, thats about it. I have no problem that they are few in numbers, an elite force so to speak, but I just wished there where more things to ad... and new ard boyz models!
>>
>>48175910
My feeling is not enough punch. You've spent a lot on heroes, but most of them are kind of average in fight, good enough but nothing spectacular. Prosecutors and liberators are similar, while solid they also don't hit *really* hard, and probably won't get it done against anything "truly scary".

Personally, I would drop the Vanguard Wing (if you teleport those liberators you're left with 5 dudes trying to hold the line and that's just too few, the enemy will get round the sides and swarm you in attacks), the Azyros or Relictor, and the Gryph Hound, and splash the points on a Celestant on Dracoth.
>>
>>48175899
>Get off your high horse.

Not based Juggernaught

>Rerolling saves of 1 is that many more skulls for the skull throne

Trying to keep people from losing their skulls for Khorne...

A true Wizard Fag, go play Nurgle or something is you want to live. Khorne is THE anti wizard faction, you can play your grand alliance of chaos army and run your wizards but dont you dare think that makes you a real khorne player.

Such weakness...
>>
>>48175899
I always thought that "MAIM KILL BURN" sounded better instead of "kill maim burn", It sounds backwards like this.
>>
>>48175910
>playing stormcast without retributors

Why even bother
>>
>>48175884
Sounds pretty neat. With the 5+ save on everything and the regrowing ghoul units they would feel like a proper rabid undead horde.
You'd need to be carefull that the enemy doesn't just snipe out the heroes but I guess that goes without saying. Of course the question is, do you actually have the 60 Ghouls needed to field this?

Shitty that the Ghoul Kings command ability is effectively a summon. The 40 pts thing is something you just gotta accept. Most armies I tried to make lists for have these kind of 20, 40 or even 60 pts they can't use in the end.
>>
>>48175885

Normally that diet doesn't build up thunder thighs either.
>>
>>48176019
If they release new stuff with the Ironjawz keyword you can add those to your army while keeping he brutes as battleline. If it doesn't have the ironjawz keyword it would break your allegiance. There likely will at some point be new releases for the ironjawz, I just wouldn't expect them too soon.
>>
>>48176120
Thanks for the response!

Good point about the hero-sniping, that was sort of the reason I chucked the immortality ring on the ghast since he seemed the most vulnerable to it with his paper-thin 4 wounds.

I do actually have 60 ghouls! I used to field a unit of 40 in 8th ed and just picked up another box of 20 today. It'll take a fair while to get the old 40 rebased but I can't have mixed bases in an army, I just...can't
>>
>>48176048
>>48176115

I like Prosecutors :(

I wanted to take the Celestant on Dracoth as I have the model, but he's so expensive. I can move things around, drop a Knight and something else to fit him in and grab a Lightning Hammer for some mortal wounds.
>>
How are the AOS books? My job gives me a lot of time to read and I'm thinking about picking up some of these novels.
>>
>>48175538
>>48175656

Thanks for the help.

Are there certain play styles these two do? I read that they are both within Grand Company Death so, assuming that would be equivalent of 40k Battle Bros. right?

All I know of AoS is that its 40k with less dakka and rules. Apparently.
>>
>>48176439
Theres a lot of good spectacle and action, and some cool stuff with the heroes
as for character development it does fall a bit flat, but i didnt find that at all surprising, its a new setting and no one really knows how it all works yet
>>
>theres no Rule of One for stacking Ignore Wound rolls

ayyyy time to stack invuln saves
>>
>>48176005
>>48176014
I'll go with Bloab then, thanks for a tips anons.
>>
>saurus sunblood still out of stock
>>
File: 1467753290894.jpg (341KB, 884x1179px) Image search: [Google]
1467753290894.jpg
341KB, 884x1179px
>>48172965

So this guy responded to me yesterday but I was away and couldn't reply. My question is, the last line of the wargrove possibilities roughly translates to "Any number of additional units of sylvaenth".

As long as those additional units aren't in a battalion and are of the type Sylvaneth, does that mean I can just add various models and units there? For example I want to build a Gnarlroot army and as long as I meet the household w/ a Treelord Ancient requirement, I can just add on 20 Dryads, another Treelord Ancient, etc.?
>>
I really dislike the Ard-Boyz model. Not only is it outdated, that gut-plate... That damn gutplate making them look as if they have a beer-belly about to break a heart attack any minute now! The fit of the models legs and gut is just so ugly. A squatting, back-arching, gut pouting fatty with his head between his shoulders.... sigh...
Well I guess there is always greenstuff, but that would mean a TON of work, as these guys are to be my line unit, and come in big clumps of models.
Anyone know of a good conversion, or perhaps an alternative model?
>>
>>48176884
Yes.
>>
>>48177351
And I assume I still need to fulfill the battleline requirements
>>
>>48177374
I'm not sure. We don't have the needed GH leaks. I guess yes.
>>
>>48176884
I'm just curious. What do you think the special rule do?
>>
>>48175883
Orghotts wants to be the best, but is the absolute worst. His Command, rerolling To Wound for one unit, can be gotten elsewhere without clogging up your Command slot and his damage output is wonky at best, except for the acid blood.

Morbidex is powerful in melee, but only really good if you play lots of Nurglings (like, 2 units of 6 each)

Bloab is a Wizard with one of the best unique spells in the game and some annoying as fuck auras to spread around and his damage output is still pretty decent, even his shooting is good (incredible for Chaos standards actually, but that isn't saying much).

I took Bloab and am thinking about getting Morbidex once I have enough Nurglings for him to be useful. I suggest you do the same. Get Bloab, then decide if one day you'll have another and then pick Morbidex because Orghotts sucks.

>>48175884
>giving not-Vlad's Ring to a Crypt Ghast Courtier
this is actually an incredibly good idea.
>>
>>48176884
Yes, you can add units not in Battalions so long as you keep the base requirements of the Wargrove.

>>48177374
Yes, you still need to keep Battleline requirements.

>>48177460
Why think? The other German anon translated that two threads ago. But I'm too lazy to dig through it so I'll translate it for you:

>Seeker of Knowledge
>Treelord Ancients, Branchwyches and Branchwraiths in this Wargrove can all attempt to cast/unbind an additional spell per turn

>Magic
>Every Gnarlroot-Wizard knows the following spell in addition to all others they know

>Verdant Harmony
>Casting value 7. Pick a Sylvaneth-unit within 18". Resurrect one model that was killed earlier in the game. If you picked a unit of Dryads or Tree-Revenants, resurrect D3 models instead
>>
>>48177460
It's a really nice Wargrove, but i'd rather run my "REEEEEEEEE NORMIESSS" list
>>
File: khorne bloodbound.jpg (186KB, 1024x716px) Image search: [Google]
khorne bloodbound.jpg
186KB, 1024x716px
>>48175899
YOU DISGRACE THE NAME OF KHORNE, COWARDLY CUR! YOU TEMPT THE SKULL LORD'S WRATH WITH YOUR DISPLAYS OF WEAKNESS!

A TRUE WARRIOR ONLY NEEDS HIS FISTS, HIS BLADES, AND HIS MIGHT TO SLAY! YOUR PATHETIC DISPLAY ETCHES YOUR FATE AS ONE ONLY FIT TO BE A SACRIFICE TO THE LORD OF BATTLE!

BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD! SKULLS FOR THE SKULL THRONE!
>>
>>48177562
>Seeker of Knowledge
>Treelord Ancients, Branchwyches and Branchwraiths in this Wargrove can all attempt to cast/unbind an additional spell per turn

No. ONE Treelord Ancient, Branchwych or Branchwraith in the battalion can cast one additional spell in every hero phase.
>>
>>48177606
>A TRUE WARRIOR
A true warrior wouldn't worship Khorne.
That's for butchers and barbarians.

A true warrior worship Slaanesh.
>>
Hey, I'm pretty new to war gaming in general (AOS is my first). I just picked up the virulent hoard box and a battletome because the idea of religious rat men was entertaining. How does this look for a 2000 point goal?

>general
Verminlord corruptor with crown of conquest and great destroyer

>congregation of filth
40 plague monks
Plague furnace
40 more plague monks

>plaguesmog congregation
10 plague censer bearers
Plague furnace
10 more plague censer bearers

2 plague claw catapults

I'm thinking the congregation of filth will be the primary force while I use the plaguesmog congregation for flanking and that lovely 3-9 mortal wounds. Then just fire from behind with the verminlord and the plague claws.
>>
>>48177671
The furnaces will either have talismans or crowns
>>
>>48177663
Slaanesh lacks HONOR!
Khorne does not demand excess!
He only demands Blood and Skulls!
KILL MAIM BURN!!!
>>
What sort of list do you build around Bloab, anyway?
>>
>>48177619
To be exact, it says "A" Treelod Ancient or Branchwhatever that is part of this Wargrove.
Whether that means "only one out of all of them" or "each and every one", I cannot tell. Translation is always wonky and in this case, it's very ambiguous. We'll know for sure tomorrow.
>>
>>48177883
Lol.

It doesn't get translated to "a" because it is "or" and not "and" in the listing.
Also GW uses "every" if they mean each part of a listing.

Finally just look up the points in the GH and compare it to the point values of the other battalions. This won't be a magic level for every caster...
This will be "One".
>>
>>48177671
I actually have no clue what I'm doing guys, I just but in a bit of everything. Can I please have some help?
>>
>>48177820
You can either build a Nurgle army around him, preferably with a Harbinger of Decay, Plague Drones and Chaos Knights to capitalize on his high Move or like Gorebeast-anon, you can try to capitalize on Bloab's unique spell. If you do, you need stuff to deal damage to your opponent in each and every phase, meaning a Wizard to shoot an Arcane Bolt at them in the Hero Phase, a couple Flamers for some reliable ranged attacks, a Gorebeast Chariot or two to deal damage in the Charge Phase and then some powerful yet reliable melee attackers.
>>
Question, is Ardboys black orcs?
>>
>>48178152
yes
>>
>>48175610
It may be in the upcoming book.
>>
>>48178012
>Finally just look up the points in the GH and compare it to the point values of the other battalions. This won't be a magic level for every caster...
This is not a good argument. First Rule of One says you can only cast each spell once per turn, meaning the usefulness of several casting attempts on a single Wizard is not too great. The points tend to reflect this, with double-cast Wizards costing not that much more. See Warlock and Arch-Warlock. Arch-Warlock costs 40 points more, yes. But he also has three times the melee damage, a 2 higher Save and a better unique spell, so the second casting attempt is barely relevant to the points.
>>
>>48175610
>>48178188
The map in question is in Godbeasts, the part where the Skaven try to unearth Behemat. If you turn the book upside down and squint real hard, you can see a mountain range that shows his head and another mountain range that hints at a shoulder and an arm.
>>
>>48178181
thanks anon. Does anyone know where I can find black orc heads? got a shit ton of orcs from my brother but the orcs dont have any heads.
>>
>>48178278
Where are their heads anon?
>>
File: Behemat.jpg (356KB, 702x914px) Image search: [Google]
Behemat.jpg
356KB, 702x914px
>>48175610
>>48178188
>>48178254
This it?
>>
>>48178384
Yep, that one.
>>
>>48178384
I just don't see it
>>
>people making 2k lists with 100+ models

Part of the appeal for AoS, to me, was not being forced to purchase, assemble and paint 100+ models to play a game scale better suited to something like Epic or Warmaster.
>>
File: meme.jpg (367KB, 702x914px) Image search: [Google]
meme.jpg
367KB, 702x914px
>>48178419
>>48178451
I know his head is there at the top, but I can't help but see the pillars of stasis as beady eyes and the torc as a huge mouth.

Basically this.
>>
>>48178454
Even my Sylv list has 61 models at 2000 points
It's so dull, but that's how Dryads work in squads of 20 or more
>>
File: image.gif (184KB, 95x59px) Image search: [Google]
image.gif
184KB, 95x59px
>>48178479
Keked

Looked like eyes to me too
>>
>>48178384
>>48178419
>>48178451
The Torc us suppose to be his crown.
>>
>>48178454
2k lists are definetey not standard. I see 2k beign "huge"battles when you really want to pass an entire evening on one day.
IMHO 1500 points is the best format, 1k beign a smaller, quicker game.
more than 2k is just a mess.
>>
Yeah I'm just gonna play 600-1200 points on average I think. Probably 1000.
>>
>>48178454
One word: skaven
>>
>>48178531
At my local hobby place, we did 100 point scgt, so I can see us doing 2000-2500
>>
>>48178454
You know, you could just, you know, not play 2000 points. I think the absolute maximum I'll ever do is 1500. Anything above that isn't my kind of game size anymore. And even then, the amount of models depends heavily on how you build your army. I mean, the harshest example is Gutbusters. I CAN fit well over a hundred models into 1000 points. Or I could just leave the Gnobla-- ehm, Gutbuster Grots, out and play more Ogors.

>>48178479
cannot unsee.

>>48178506
Not quite. Archaon wants to use it as a giant collar for Behemat.
>>
What do you guys think of this?

Brass Stampede
Khorne Lord on Juggernaut
- Crown of Conquest
3x (3) Mighty Skullcrushers
[700]

Dark Feast
Kordrok the Slaughterpriest
- Favor of the Gods
Bloodstoker
1x (20) Bloodreavers
2x (10) Bloodreavers
[460]

Goreblade
1x Mighty Lord of Khorne
- Chaos Talisman
1x Bloodsecrator
- Beguiling Gem
1x Bloodstoker
1x (15) Blood Warriors
1x (10) Bloodreaver
1x Khorgorath

[840]

[2000]
>>
Have I understood the rules right when saying that during turn A, my unit suffers X wounds, I allocate them starting with a model of my choice, taking of wounds until dead, pick a new model and repeat.
When the wound pool is depleted, lets say I have a model left damaged with 1 wound remaining. Do I need to pick that same model again the next time this unit takes damage, as so no to spread out the damage? Or can I (this is as I read it) simply pick a new model to start picking away on?

See the rules for allocating damage are very clear on what to do during 1 combat phase, keep allocating wounds to model X until he is slain or you run out of wounds, but not that the following combat phase must start with the damaged model.
>>
>>48178608
>Do I need to pick that same model again the next time this unit takes damage, as so no to spread out the damage?
yes.
>Or can I (this is as I read it) simply pick a new model to start picking away on?
no.

It was clear enough for me, but they clarified it on the faqs.
>>
>>48178608
The faq explicitly say that the intent is that a max of one model in the unit is wounded at any time.
>>
File: image.jpg (325KB, 750x1292px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
325KB, 750x1292px
I don't play skaven, but you seem to have the right idea here.
I'd give the plague furnaces either the chaos talisman to keep it alive better in the front lines or the crown of conquest to further limit troop fleeing.

Like this:

>general
Verminlord corruptor with crown of conquest and great destroyer

>congregation of filth
40 plague monks
Plague furnace with chaos talisman/crown of conquest
40 more plague monks

>plaguesmog congregation
10 plague censer bearers
Plague furnace with chaos talisman/crown of conquest
10 more plague censer bearers

2 plague claw catapults
>>
>>48178750
Sorry, forgot to tag you >>48177671
keep in mind that GW will probably be coming out with some pestilens exclusive command traits and artifacts in the near future
>>
File: Skaven_Queek.jpg (118KB, 727x1024px) Image search: [Google]
Skaven_Queek.jpg
118KB, 727x1024px
SO why did AoS focus on clan pestilence? Literally worst clan? Why not the other ones, such as pic related.
>>
>>48178356
I dont know anon, they seem to have lost them! I could do some silly conversions, but a place to buy just the heads would be nice.
>>
>>48178796

Queek aside, Clan Mors is a generic warrior clan. There's not much to say.
>>
>>48178667
>>48178703

Ok thanks.

>>48178667

>Clear enough

A note on this comment. Because this isn't enough for me you see. RAI is not how a game should be played at all, because once you meet up with new players we all have a interpretation of the rules if they are badly written. As in the example, the only thing clear is actually that during 1 combat phase/ranged phase, I must distribute all my wounds trying to take away full models where possible, not to spread out the wounds. But after this, according to RAW, you are eligible to pick another model in the following combat/ranged phase, as no rules prohibits you from doing so.
Not trying to start something here, just explaining trying to explain that you cannot take your personal interpretation of RAI and see it as the obvious. Because in the end you will find a dozen personal interpretations of the same rule, that are just as obvious, when rules are badly explained.
>>
File: Pfk4Tev.jpg (115KB, 600x800px) Image search: [Google]
Pfk4Tev.jpg
115KB, 600x800px
>>48178796
>You will never have a full army of Clan Skryre, bringing the zap-killings to the ugly man-things
>>
>>48178834
I do not get why they got rid of Queek is all. And I do not understand why they did not expand clan Moulder/Skyre/Eshin, so many more cool units you could make for them. also clan pestilences going nurgle is bullshit, so pissed the great horned rat has been cucked
>>
>>48178796
Queek died and they had to sell their shit. I agree, pestilens is probably by far the weakest skaven clan.
>>
File: image.jpg (77KB, 750x797px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
77KB, 750x797px
>>48178859
Closest I got man
>>
File: The Biggest Fail of AoS.png (329KB, 1164x629px) Image search: [Google]
The Biggest Fail of AoS.png
329KB, 1164x629px
>>48178871
>>48178899
>>48178879
>>48178859
>>48178834
I hate this so much
>>
Why's /tg/ so obsessed with Queek, anyway? He was amusing enough, but he didn't have much character outside of "low-functioning psychopath".
>>
File: image.png (442KB, 750x1334px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
442KB, 750x1334px
>>48178912
>>
>>48178879
Wait, so did I waste my money on the pestilens start collecting?
>>
File: Sneaky Skuven.jpg (77KB, 638x960px) Image search: [Google]
Sneaky Skuven.jpg
77KB, 638x960px
>>48178946
>Awesome model
>Great fluff
>Amazing book written about him
>Great in game rules
>Only warlord who was feared by Grey Seers
I miss him so much.
>>
File: 1467693701513.jpg (414KB, 1014x917px) Image search: [Google]
1467693701513.jpg
414KB, 1014x917px
>>48178991
He means lore wise, since Gw has decided they are the face of Skaven in AoS they are some of the best units in the game. Do you really like their models though?
>>
>>48179041
I love the models (then again, I love all skaven models). Only thing that bugs me are the censer bearers.
>>
>>48178991
Do you like the models? Yes? Then you didn't waste money. Do you not like the models? Then you wasted it whether they are good in-game or not.
>>
>>48178991
Do you like the models? Yes? Then you didn't waste money. Do you not like the models? Then you wasted it whether they are good in-game or not.
>>
>>48178523
1500 is not a real format, it is a house format

2000 is the standard whether you like it or not
>>
>>48179041
I personally liked the fluff given by the pestilens battletome
>>
>>48179058
Ahh, I have always had a burning dislike of clan pestilence, but it's good you found something you like.
>>
>>48178796
I guess it fit the story? Nurgle was corrupting the realm of life and skaven jumped onboard with that
>>
>>48179090
I mean, I like the skryre stuff better in terms of looks, but pestilens was just the easiest way to start
>>
>>48178214
Eh?
WOULD that special rule give you a spell level for every of that units that would be overpowerd.
Every spellcaster has at least 5 spells in that battalion.
To make that rule redundant I would need 7 spellcasters (6 deep wood lore + battalions spell + 2 generic + 3 unique spells).

But we will see tomorrow.

And don't get me wrong it would be fucking great because at this point I'm torn between Gnarlroot and the Harvestboon Wargrove to build an army with.
>>
>>48179062
This man speaks the truth.
>>48179079
So does this dude.
>>
>>48179144

What's your Gnarlroot list looking like?
>>
>>48178899
WLCs suck, take jezzails instead.
>>
>>48178946
Was he even a psychopath in the End Times books or just in Black Library? The first time he was ever written as insane was in Thanquol's Doom.
>>
>>48179144
Harvestboon isn't all that. Try Winterleaf. Dryads getting extra attacks on 6+ To Hit. The Winterleaf can also include any 1 Order unit without wrecking your allegiance. So if we combine Dryads with that ability, their Enrapturing Song and a Celestial Hurricanum, we have Dryads that hit on 2+ and make extra attacks on 4+. Way better than +1 to cast/unbind on Branchwraiths imo.

But yes, it might be just one caster to get extra spells, but trust me, the German wording is ambiguous there. Still it would be great even if only one can do it. Imagine a Treelord Ancient with Silverwood Circlet and Throne of Vines. Can give himself a huge bonus to cast and then can cast twice with higher range and said bonus to cast.
>>
>>48179005
>>Great in game rules

Not in the newest armybook at least.
>>
>>48179248
First person to ever tell me this. Usually it's the other way around
>>
>>48179213
I have no list.

I start it unit for unit with my guys I'll play with.
And I don't max it. I aim for every unit but the tree-spites, spite-trees, whatever, those outcasts. I don't like the models.

Magic-heavy - therefore one of the two wargroves - with a little wyldwood shenanigans.
Any cool (but not impolite strong) suggestions?
>>
>>48178384
They seriously need to fire the intern that makes their "maps"
>>
>>48178041
>>48177671
>>48178041
Alright. Here's the deal
I've tried plague monks personally. Yes they output slot of damage, their biggest problem is that they drop like flies. All of the pestilent skaven have this problem. Lots of damage. Hard to pull off.

The furnaces are underwhelming to me, and if the plague monks were immune to battleshock within range of it, it would help a whole lot.

My recommendation to you is to try to get the jump by outmaneuvering your opponent. Fight on your terms. Use your catapults range to draw out the enemy, when he oversteps, charge in. I'd consider getting a unit to tunnel in behind his troops, either to take care of his ranged troops, or to pincer his shit into your troops
>>
>>48179363
>implying they don't outsource this shit to artists who have no fucks to give
But enlighten us, oh wise one, what is wrong with THIS one?
>>
File: listdilemma.jpg (168KB, 1129x521px) Image search: [Google]
listdilemma.jpg
168KB, 1129x521px
So I have a dilemma. I can't decide which list variant to take to the AoS GT at the LVO.

Basically the big difference is I will be trading out one of the units of irondrakes for another cannon and the dispossessed artillery battery benefit. The advantage is the battalion benefits, an extra artefact for bringing a battalion, and having another cannon will be nice. The thing that i would be sacrificing is an entire unit of irondrakes, which are very good and durable.

What do you guys think?
>>
Is is a necessity to get all the books for one allegiance? Like, get the Destruction book, then the Ironjawz book, followed by the Generals Handbook and so on, just to play the game?
If I want to play scenarios and shit, where do I find those?
>>
>>48179510
You don't need any of the books. If you just want the battalions, get those in the AoS app for cheap.

The scenarios are all found throughout the various battletomes and big books. The app also has them for sale.

You don't need to buy any books to play this game. Just the parts you want in the app. Although the book I would recomend you buy is the general's handbook which is up for preorder, because it will have the matched play rules and scenarios, for a decent price of $25
>>
>>48179509
8 artillery what?
>>
>>48179434
The style of them is horrible! The colours are jarring, and they look like they are made in ms paint! They are just janky and uninspired!
>>
>>48179608
Im assuming you are asking about the 4 with each artillery entry. That's the number of models. The organ gun and cannon are 4 models each (the gun and 3 crew). I just like to track the number of models in an army.
>>
>>48178899
>>48178859

Fuck that. I play skryre and here's the list I roll with. Keep in mind this is NOT a GH point buy, it's the other point system we've been using.

Verminlord warpseer

skryre battalion
- archwarlock(ikit claw)

-subbattalion (warplightnig cannon)
Warlock engineer
2warplightning cannons

-subbattalion (tunneling warpfire throwers)
Warlock engineer
3stormfiends (2warpfire projectors, 1 warpgrinders)
2 warpfire weapon team
warp grinder weapon team

20 stormvermin

3 jezzails

Skaven chieftain with Bsb
>>
Clan Skryre Battalion 200
Gautfyre Skorch
Warplock Engineer 100
Warp-grinder 100
Warpfire Thrower 60
3 Stormfiends (battleline) 300

5 Skryre Acolytes (battleline) 60 Warp Lightning Cannon 180
_______ 1000

1000 pt tourney. In theory only field the cannon and the acolytes. The rest are underground to pop up 3" away and flame everything to death.
>>
>>48179319
Well, if you want Gnarlroot, then I'd try to capitalize on the unique spell, meaning I'd play Kurnoth Hunters with Scythes and Treekin to make the most out of the resurrection spell.
1-2 min-size Tree-Revenant units are always advisable as war machine hunters and after that I'd fill up the rest with ranged Kurnoth Hunters and Dryads. I mean, you already have 1 unit of Revs anyway and having an Ancient means you won't need another too soon.

With Harvestboon, I'd capitalize on the +1 to run/charge. For example, with that boost, Tree-Revs have a well above 66% chance of charging right after teleporting and 7" Move Dryads become insanely fast that way. And of course, you'd want to include Branchwraiths and leave out Wyches and Ancients. If you want a Hero Treelord, take a Spirit of Durthu and have done. Similarly, with the boost to cast/unbind, Treesong and Verdant Blessing become much easier to use.
>>
>>48179705
Yeah, I wish. Need battle line now. Plus I have thanquol, may as well use him, he has an equal damage output to like two WLC. They also don't sell warp fire throwers anymore
>>
>>48179739
Need two engin covens m8
>>
So you have to have 2+ and take the arch warlock? Can't just take one?
>>
>>48179705
Here's my tactic.

The archwarlock gets a free reroll he can pass off to his engineers, who can use it in their battalions.

The warplightning cannon formation can fire once for free in the hero phase. AFTER the damage. Roll a dice, on a 1-3, take d6 mortal wounds, from backlash. This is what I save the reroll for.

The tunneling team hops in to torch up whatever they deem necessary. The formation rules are to set up the tunneler 3" away from an enemy, and the set up the rest of the formation within 8" of him, as long as they are 3"away from enemies, or they will suffer d6 mortals for being too close. Guess who's in range now. All your mortal wounds that's what.

Since they come up in the hero phase, your warlock engineer can use his warplightning spell. Warpgale is used to half the charge of shit that is too close for comfort. Either way you can just lightning cannon anything to death in the first round. The archwarlock's spell is really good too.

I also forgot to mention I have 8 skryre acolytes throwing shit from behind the stormvermin, who are easily some of the best infantry ever. The Bsb makes you reroll ones to hit and ignore battleshock(for all skaven things, so stormvermin, acolytes, jezzails, heroes)
>>
>>48179739
Illegal. You cannot use the Enginecovens on their own. It says Arch-Warlock + 2-5 Enginecovens, so you can't just play a single Engnecoven, even if you pay for the full Clan Skryre.

>>48179624
>The style of them is horrible
subjective
>The colours are jarring
Aside from the Great Green Torc, which is meant to look jarring, I don't find the color palette that bad
>they look like they are made in ms paint
bullshit.
>They are just janky and uninspired!
What would an "inspired" fantasy map look like then? And don't show me Tolkien now, because that's like the epitome of bland
>>
>>48179863
He's right. You need the archwarlock, and atleast 2 engineers plus their formations to roll the full battalion
>>
Does anyone know of any online retailers that sell GW webstore exclusive kits, bonus if discounted some?

Shipping in the US is ten fucking dollars from GW, the most expensive of any online stores i have ever shopped at.
>>
Jesus star drakes are OP
>>
Is there a battlescribe file out for the generals handbook yet?
>>
>>48179705
Look at all those Masterclan and Verminus units. And Legacy too. This isn't even a Skryre list.
>>
>>48175243
He's almost a hundred dollars in australia
>>
>>48179274
Endtimes had him pretty sane by skaven standards. If anything they made him OP as hell. The way he's written he's one of the best unaugmented (no chaos GAINZ or magic god powers) fighters in the whole setting, effortlessly tearing through the elite troops of Orcs and Dwarfs alike. He kicks the shit out of Belagar, stated to be the second best dwarf warrior after Ungrim, and Solos a Black orc Warboss and his Wyvern in another battle. It took Thorgrim being the temporary incarnate of metal to finally bring him down, though he got BTFO in that fight and didn't even land a hit.

One funny detail they had is him getting old and needing a pair of glasses, though he would kill anyone who knew he wore them because he didn't want to look weak.
>>
>>48175329
That's cool
>>
>>48180063
No, they so aren't.
The mount itself strikes with the same profile as a Vampire Lord and nothing more. The eating sounds incredible, but to do it with any reliability, you have to pick 2 or 1 wound models. The tail-swipe is worthless against small strong units. The comets are D6 that hit on 4+ for D3 damage. That's on average 3.5 damage per turn, i.e. not much and don't get me started on the shitty Thunderhead. The +/-1 to cast/unbind would be infinitely better if Stormcasts actually had Wizards. The Celestant has a decent shield and a weapon that is nice, but not enough to raise his overall melee damage output to OP level. The Command only works on other Extremis stuff, which will never be the majority of your army in Matched.

They are fucking huge and if sent at the right opponents, they are decent, but OP is different. A Mourngul is OP.
>>
>>48179742
Thanks Anon, that helps.
>>
So there are no points for The Legion of Azgorh?
>>
>>48180219
He's talking about points. Kroak is costed similar to a Drakesworn Templar and just a eighty points under Alarielle, which he so isn't worth.
>>
>>48180270
FW is making points for their own shit, but there's no date for when they'll be out. Hopefully the same day as the Handbook, because I don't want to leave my Bile Trolls at home just because people will insist on only playing Matched for a couple of weeks after the book comes out.
>>
>>48179863

Not that anon, but hes right you know, most "maps" shown so far looks as if painted in ms paint by a mentally challenged kid. You know when you see a drawing from a kid, and you think "shit, this looks really bad.. of scale, no sense of anything, just wrong", but you keep your smile and go "well done!" and put it on the fridge anyways.... This is what these maps looks like.
>>
Anyone have examples of Bloodbound lists at 1000 and/or 2000?
>>
>>48175791
Why are they launching chicken dumpling soup?
>>
>>48180270
Not currently but FW already stated they'll release some eventually.
>>
>>48180248

Do they at least look cooler in person?

Also is the hammer or sword and board better?
>>
>>48180374

A smallpox blankets approach? "Eat-Eat, man-things"
>>
>>48180232
So Queek's insanity is just a Black Library thing.
>>
>>48175899
>le keep calm meme
Fucking cringe
>>
>>48180248
>The eating sounds incredible, but to do it with any reliability, you have to pick 2 or 1 wound models.
That's just stupid. Using his Jaws on 1-2 wound models ist just a waste, trying for 3-4 wound models is generally a better idea. It still works often enough and the effect is fucking huge when it does.
>>
>>48180389
Well, if there's only one, they look nice (as long as you don't look at the lumpy claws). If an opponent is fielding several, I think the monopose would be painfully obvious.

As for the weapon, I'd take the sword, but I mainly play Nurgle, so I'm biased toward multiplying attacks. I think in the end the Hammer wins out, because wounding on 4+ is kinda wonky.
>>
>>48179862
Where do you get warpfire throwers and baby now a days? Can't see on webstore.
>>
>>48180446
Well, waste is the wrong word here, because the opponent kinda has the last word on what he fields and if Chaos Warriors are the biggest models he fields... but yeah, if he charges a Stardrake at my Blightkings I'll probably try to kill it before it can start chewing.
>>
>>48180456

But muh AOE mortal wound gong
>>
>>48180491

Prospective Nurgle player here. What do you like to run in your lists? Sounds like a mix of mortal and daemons, which I like.
>>
>>48179863
Post the Clan Skryre formation.
>>
File: image.jpg (2MB, 4032x3024px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
2MB, 4032x3024px
>>48180519
As you wish
>>
File: 1455050499575.png (6MB, 1536x2048px) Image search: [Google]
1455050499575.png
6MB, 1536x2048px
>>
File: 1455050686052.png (5MB, 1536x2048px) Image search: [Google]
1455050686052.png
5MB, 1536x2048px
>>
>>48180341
My point exactly. I mean just look at some old medieval maps where they just guess what the world looked like and there was at least a sense of scale... And they had @here be dragons". But desu I could forgive most of it as subjective difference and artistic taste. But what I can't forgive is the font, if they just changed it for hand written, or even some form of script, it would make them seem less industrial, and more inline with the setting.
>>
>>48180504
Well, I play Blightkings, Plague Drones, Gutrot Spume, Bile Trolls, Nurglings, a Sorcerer Lord (not the godawful Rotbringers Sorcerer) and Bloab Rotspawned and am looking to add a Harbinger of Decay, so yeah, a nice mix or Mortals and Daemons.

Of course, once the point system comes out, I'll need some actual Battleline units, so I'm looking to buy a box of Chaos Warriors and Nurgle-ify them with Blightking bits and then field the Plaguebearers I currently have shelved because they're very slow and not very killy.

And if you want to play Matched, steer away from Gutrot Spume. Now I love the model and his ridiculous dueling potential to pieces, but in Matched you consciously handicap yourself by playing him, as he can't take Command Traits and Artifacts and his Command Ability isn't good enough to remedy all that.

Hope that answers your question.
>>
>>48179862
I really like this anon, but what do about battle line tax and hoard armies
>>
>>48180484
eBay
>>
>>48180670

It did, thank you.
>>
>>48180696
Also, do we have any of the master clan points stuff?
>>
>>48180679
Hordes fine if you're rolling anything but skryre. This is Skryre though so fuck that horde mumbo jumbo. Battleline units= stormfiends are battleline if you roll skryre. Replace the vermin with fiends, remove the Bsb since you don't need it anymore
>>
>>48180717
It's going to be in the handbook at some point. Wait for the full release
>>
>>48179509
The artillery battalion sucks. I mean, it grants you another artifact, but other than that, it's just not good. The Battleshock ability is damn near useless as an artillery crew in the crosshairs is a dead artillery crew, battleshock or not, and the cover thingy doesn't work on the Engineer because he pretty much has to move at some point. I'd prefer the Irondrakes. Especially since Liberators holding units in place or Irondrakes to rip them apart is just genius.
>>
OK guys, got a 2k Death army here - Loving the spirit hosts so the aim is to bring units to support them as well as they can;

Coven Throne 260 Leader, Behemoth, Army General, Tomb Blade, Ruler of the Night
Heinrich Kemmler 160 Leader

20 Zombies 120 Banner Bearer, Noise Maker, Battleline
10 Zombies 60 Banner Bearer, Noise Maker, Battleline
10 Zombies 60 Banner Bearer, Noise Maker, Battleline
Corpse Cart 80

6 Spirit Hosts 240
6 Spirit Hosts 240
6 Spirit Hosts 240

Mortis Engine 180 Behemoth

10 Hexwraiths 320

TOTAL 1960

Idea is that the zombies can merge into a 40-man blob, Heinrich and the Coven Throne's abilities heal up the multi-wound spirit hosts, hex wraiths and eachother, and the mortis engine buffs the mages whilst being a solid anchor for the rest of the army.
>>
>>48180828
If you want to support the Spirit Hosts, then fuck the Coven Throne and play a Vampire Lord on Zombie Dragon, as his Command actually benefits them. I mean, I get that you're planning to buy the SC:Malignants box twice, but believe me, the Coven Throne ain't that good.

Also the idea with the Zombies is just genius, merging them turn 1 so you can effectively bunch them up and still fill all three Battleline slots.
>>
File: irondrakeart.jpg (143KB, 941x662px) Image search: [Google]
irondrakeart.jpg
143KB, 941x662px
>>48180805
I was suspecting that, I guess I just needed to hear that from someone. Thanks.

I love irondrakes so much.
>>
>>48180727
Ok, I just edited your list to the GH 2K:

-1 arch

-engi
-2 WLC

-engi
-2 warpfire
-3 storm fiends
-grinder

Clan skryre

Now go 30 clanrats x3 for your battlelines and you're golden
>>
>>48180717
>>48180759
Or you could just look at what we have again, because I know for a fact that Masterclan is in there. TnB is 500, Grey Seer is 120 and the rest I don't remember.
>>
>>48180941
>>48180828
I don't know, personally I would make them two units of 20 in the first turn rather than 1 unit of 40. Although you loose the attack advantage of the higher number you gain move manouverability, the ability to block up more of your opponents units, and increase the amount of zombies your standards return each turn (d6 to each unit rather than d6 to one unit). Then if needs be later you can merge the two units together as long as they stay close by.
>>
Anybody got a 2k points list with T&B?
>>
>>48175202
>sendspace.com/file/n3nkx2

Is the send space link above not working for anyone else?

Anyone have a mirror?
>>
I was thinking about a 1k points Sylvaneth list. Don't know what magic items or the like because i don't have the book. But like; something along the lines of

Branchwrych

Treelord Ancient

3x5 Sprite erevenants (Outcasts)

Kournoth hunters with glaives?

It totals at 920, I've been thinking about a few changes, like Remove the ancient, and put in drycha and like a unit of tree revenants. I know this is VERY basic, but does it look bad?
>>
>>48180828
I like the zombies, just make sure that corpse cart doesn't get sniped by like a mortal wound machine.
>>
>>48181060
Let's be honest here. If he has Spirit Hosts, Hexwraiths, a Mortis Engine and either a Coven Throne or a Lord on Zombie Dragon, he won't need MORE maneuverability. The Zombies are there to cheaply fill Battleline and to do so in a way that's at least a bit useful. And while the Standards are only half as effective with only one unit, the Zombie infection rule makes up for that, because more damage = more kills = more reinforcements. Though having 2 units of 20 running around until they merge right before melee isn't a bad idea.
>>
>>48180941
Thats actually a pretty good idea. What do you think i should drop for his points? The coven throne opens up 260 but i need another 140. There is always kemmler but he is almost too good not to take
>>
>>48181112

Don't have any Battleline, I think.
>>
is there point cost in the general handbook for forgeworld units, if not is there a place with the point cost?
thanks
>>
>>48181198
How do zombies deal with plague claws and the (seldom good) verminlord corruptor spell?
>>
>>48181232
yeah i suppose formations like in 40k don't give you any Force org things do they? Hm... gotta solve that somehow
>>
>>48181112
Not bad, but illegal. Spities aren't Battleline. And even if you exchange them for Tree-Revs, they just aren't cost-effective mainline infantry, as Tree-Revs are specialist units. Exchange them for 30 Dryads in two squads however...
>>
>>48181282
no. forgeworld is coming later
>>
>>48181318
I was wondering about that. For two squads of 15 dryads, youre paying for 4 units not 3 I think. I dont think you can just split a unit of ten into two fives.
>>
1500 points sylvaneth

>free spirits formation
>3 kurnoth archers
>3 kurnoth archers
>3 kurnoth swords
>spirit of durthu (regen, +1 armor)
>drycha
>10 dryads
>10 dryads

opinions?
>>
>>48181211
Well since you don't plan on capitalizing on Zombies, you might as well leave the Corpse Cart and maybe 3 Spirit Hosts out or leave 5 of the Hexwraiths behind.

>>48181297
By having enough. Seriously, Zombies are pretty bad under limited summoning rules, unless you use them with Deathless Minions and Ruler of the Night, which makes them stupidly tough with that 5+ against-everything save.

>>48181365
You could just split them up into 10 and 20.
>>
>>48180978
my list was for 2500, which is why i could easily have 3 units of stormfiends as my battleline
>>
>>48181432
Deathless minions? also, do you have any advice for a pestilens player stuck up against a store filled with death players?
>>
>>48181473
Oh, then by all means
>>
>>48181473
But then you can't use stormvermin because, well, alliegance
>>
>>48177606
>>48177663
>>48177793
>*grabs popcorn*
>>
File: image.png (197KB, 380x402px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
197KB, 380x402px
>>48181515
THE GREAT HORNED ONE!!!
>>
>>48181474
Deathless minions is the Death battle trait; essentially a 6+ save against any wound inflicted on them (after saves) within 10" of a hero. It combos with ruler of the night to give a 5+ save vs all inflicted wounds in range of the general which is amazing considering we have 4+ save ethereal units that ignore rend
>>
>>48181474
Deathless Minions is the Battle Trait for Death Allegiances. It's a 6+ save-after-the-save for ALL Death stuff around your heroes. The Command Trait Ruler of the Night turns that into a 5+ save-after-the-save.

Depends on what Death your opponents have. For a mostly Spirit Host army, you want the Battalions and abilities that deal mortal wounds. Against Zombies, you just want to heap on attacks from your Plague Monks. And Skellies HATE Plagueclaws.
>>
>>48181530
So those aren't raisins in that popcorn?
>>
>>48181549
So what should I do with these pestilens?
>>
>>48177793
Khorne never had anything to do with honor either though.
That's usually his followers coming up with a martial code of honor or something.
Khorne himself doesn't care.
>>
>>48181558
Ok. I run a plaguesmog, so those 3-9 mortal wounds on everything within 3 inches
>>
>>48181558
Destruction is damn good too. Essentially an extra run move every turn
>>
>>48181432
Yeah, but then you dont get the +1 save on the dryads if there is only 10
>>
>>48181324
ok thanks
>>
File: Stormfiends.jpg (58KB, 600x620px) Image search: [Google]
Stormfiends.jpg
58KB, 600x620px
>>48181512
Stormfiends

>see attached picture
>>
>>48181670
>>48181512
Just to clarify, I'm replacing the bsb and stormvermin with the stormfiends
>>
>>48181670
Those would make for pretty kickass Dark Eldar Grotesques desu.
>>
>>48181749
Too big for grotesques. I am doing something with them, and I found they make great talos and cronos. Rat ogres make great grotesques.

http://bitsaddiction.blogspot.com/2016/05/the-coven-of-verminlord-skrax-painted_31.html
http://bitsaddiction.blogspot.com/2016/03/the-coven-of-verminlord-skrax-wip-cronos.html
http://bitsaddiction.blogspot.com/2016/02/the-coven-of-verminlord-skrax-wip-talos.html
>>
I like how the Bloodbound tome goes out of its way to establish that there's a greater variety to Khorne worshippers than the blood-obsessed madman. Khul's not exactly a compelling character but it's nice to see a calculating general who leads a tide of warriors.
>>
>>48181749
They do, thats what i covert my grotesques from. The only problem is they are a little big for terminator bases.
>>
>>48181899
so just get a couple of 60mm round bases then ?
>>
>>48181968
In 40k base size is pretty important, and generally most events want you to keep within the base sizes things come with.
>>
>>48181989
>>48181968
I keep them on terminator bases and they hang over sort of, but i havent found a component whos had a problem with that yet.
>>
>>48181989
so is model size
i just assumed since you're already making a bulkier model you wouldn't care
>>
>>48182032
>>48182016
rat ogres for grotesques. fit perfect on 40mm bases
stormfiends for talos/cronos. normally are on flying bases, but flying bases are 60mm, so they fit great on 60mm regular bases
>>
File: khorne's honor.png (31KB, 442x246px) Image search: [Google]
khorne's honor.png
31KB, 442x246px
>>48181597
>>
>>48182032
Model size is only important for LoS which means bigger models are a disadvantage. Grotesques have no shooting so them seeing things isnt important
>>
maybe someone can help me understand some rules, new to wargames so.
warscroll battalions, so for example the Bloodstorm battalion warscroll is 140pts for the bloodbound and contains three units of Wrathmongers and get the ability to make extra attacks for each 6 To Hit.

ok so the thing i dont get is that it says that is 140pts for the bloodstorm but 3 units of wrathmongers are 180pts per unit, is the point cost from the battalion in addition of the cost of 3 units so its 180x3 + 140 from the speical rule battalion. so it will be 680pts for the Bloodstorm speical rule for my army?

sorry if explained poorly
>>
>>48182231

Yes, you have to pay for the Battalion in addition to its components.
>>
>>48182231
Battalions cost extra points on top of the units.
>>
>>48182289
>>48182297
ahhh ok thought so,
thanks a bunch guys
>>
So I'm trying to think of what to use for a Hysh-themed army, and I'm interested in suggestions! I've already got a few models in mind, and I'm planning to paint them up as Tyrion's Finest, but anything I missed should be pointed out. So far:

Tyrion (Obviously. Acting as the Avatar of the God, using the legacy rules)
Luminark of Hysh (Literally the Hysh-themed unit)
Dragonlords (Tyrion seems like the sort to appreciate a good bit of overwhelming firepower and heroic look)
Dragon Blades (And also a good cavalry charge)
High Elf Spearmen (His People)
High Elf Archers (See above)
Silver Helms (Dragon Blades in training!)
Battlemages (Of Light, obv)

What else, though?
>>
>>48181558
>order is shit
feels bad man
>>
>>48182482
Makes up for having some of the best units in the game, and definitely the most variety.
>>
>>48178483

At least Dryads are piss easy to paint.
>>
What is the Brayherd and Warherd lore given in the Chaos book? I'm trying to avoid purchasing a copy of it just for lore.
>>
I have a bunch of naked plastic Chaos models on square bases that I want to put on round bases. Are there any decent ways of getting them off their bases without having to strip and ruin the glue bonds? I wanted to avoid reassembling them or hacking up their base if possible..
>>
Pretty sure this list sucks and i'll get wrecked for fielding it, BUT I thought i'd post it here for feedback.

'The Crimson Court'
1,000 points of Vampires, Soulblight allegiance

>HEROES
Vampire Lord on Zombie Dragon - 440 pts.

>BATTLELINE
5x Blood Knights - 260 pts
5x Blood Knights - 260 pts

Considering a Coven Throne and a mounted Vampire Lord, and using the left over points to squeeze in a unit of Fell Bats or Bat Swarms.

I didn't see any theme lists that allow pure vampires so. Also I was surprised to find out that Nefarata, Mannfred and the Varghulf aren't Soulblight keyworded. Seems like an oversight?
>>
>>48183132
Yeah, if your willing to shell out the crazy price of blood knights
>>
>>48183187

I don't mind dosh but I do hate repeat models, so I'm thinking about converting some from Black Knights and Dragon Princes, or maybe Cold One riders and Dragon Princes.
>>
>>48183187

Is it actually a bad list tho?
>>
>>48182436
I would honestly wait until the Aelfs get their redesign.
>>
>>48183373
That doesn't help with Season of War coming up.
>>
>>48183221
Can't say but <15 models list seems risky for battleplan missions where you need to spread out your forces.
>>
>>48183221
I've been running similar out of Order before the General's Handbook came out. It's...Alright. You need something to create a line for your cavalry to hide behind, since they're only good on the charge - charge a unit in, hit like a truck, retreat it and charge another in, repeat.
>>
>>48182128
>nurgle representing hope
Kek
that's Tzeentch. Nurgle is despair, people turn to him when there is no longer any hope. If nurgle represents any good emotions, it's acceptance, joy and compassion.
>>
>>48183560
nurgle represents consistency, survival, and sustenance
>>
>>48183560
Yes, you obviously know better than GW.
>>
>>48183560
That's 1e fluff. Literally 20 years old. It's safe to ignore it; it's been overwritten dozens of times.
>>
>>48183855
Fluff from the era when the gods of order still existed, khaine was Morrs brother and chief rival, and orcs still reproduced sexually and could make half orcs
>>
>>48182128
First of all, you stupid cunt, that's old fluff from 40K that's been immediately overwritten within the same edition by fluff that says that Khorne has no honour and is a mindless beast of destruction.

WHFB has no fluff in all of its history that says Khorne has a shred of honour. So stop being a cunt.

Wait a second while I copypaste the latest Khornate fluff.
>>
>>48184022
Like I said, overwritten dozens of times.
>>
>>48184031
That's from Realms of Chaos Lost and the Damned and Fantasy fluff.
>>
>>48184031
>Khorne is the most powerful of the Chaos gods, a figure of titanic power who is worshipped by the mad and the violent across the world. Where Nurgle is jovial, Khorne is furious. Where Slaanesh beguiles, Khorne demands. Where Tzeentch schemes, Khorne slaughters. Khorne is known as the Blood God, for that is what he craves above all things, the shedding of blood, the reaping of skulls and the violent acts of war. He is the lord of murder and his bellows of rage echo throughout the eternities. He welcomes all who will worship him, just as long as they are willing to slaughter in his name.

>Khorne’s warrior code is simple: he demands that his worshippers fight, as much and as violently as possible. He has no time for magic and trickery and he cares little for the cunning gambits or ruses favoured by the desperate or cowardly. His disdain for such petty tactics does not stem from honour, however, for Khorne has none. He is simply rage made manifest.

>A true devotee of Khorne will stride fearless into the fray, praising his barbaric name with every axe stroke and sword thrust. The shield wall is Khorne’s church, the ringing of blades his hymns of devotion. Whenever battle grips the world, Khorne’s power swells within the Realm of Chaos, and so it is that he remains the greatest of the dark gods – for there ever have been, and ever will be, lunatics and murderers willing to offer him devotion.

>It is a curious thing that while Khorne blesses his servants openly, he is loath to intervene to save them. Supplicants of other, weaker deities might pray in vain for deliverance or mercy. Not so the devotees of Khorne, who know full well that the Blood God cares not for their lives. Blood must flow – he demands it. Whose blood feeds those endless rivers is of no consequence. He accepts all such libations offered in battle, no matter the source.

-Codex Apocrhya (Khorne)

Thtat's the latest fluff about Khorne.
>>
Anyone know if the Royal Legion of Chariots is remotely worth its points?

I feel like for the effort of taking so many, I might as well just take 2 squads of zombies and spam necropolis knights.
>>
>>48184104
>"Khorne never had anything to do with honor"
>proof to the contrary is provided
>"t-that's not the latest fluff!"

Nice goalpost moving.
>>
>>48183522
>>48183404

Okay, i'll drop one unit and add more bats. Is the Vampire Lord on Zombie Dragon actually a good choice or should I stick to a Coven Throne and take a normal Vampire Lord?
>>
>>48184104

Yeah but I like the old one better, has more depth and facets to it.

>b-but muh grimdark slaughter

Makes it more one dimensional and extremely black and white. Removes nuance and value. G.I. Joe with gore and none of the humor is joyless and silly.
>>
>>48184159
I am not the guy who said that.

I tell you know that 99% of the fluff regarding Khorne has him as an honourless monster and outside of a two lines in all the history of 40K and fantasy, Khorne's portrayal remained consistent as a mindless god of destruction.

So when some cunt comes along and tells us that Khorne has honour, tell me what should we do with him?
>>
>>48184251

Stop being a pissy faggot and let them enjoy their perspective on the setting? Like lmao they already blew up the setting who cares anymore. Don't be such a fucking homo child, just forge the narrative you want.
>>
I want to start Sigmarhines, /tg/. Anyone got any good 1k starting lists I could ape?
>>
File: 2e Khorne.png (469KB, 474x1416px) Image search: [Google]
2e Khorne.png
469KB, 474x1416px
>>48184250
You

see

>>48184251
There is no old.

Like I said, Khorne was always a mindless god of destruction, you fucking newfag.

Khorne started as mindless monster. Two pieces of 40K lore contradicted this but instantly were overwritten with the same edition (picture related) and the fluff remained consistent with Khorne ever since.
>>
>>48184310

see >>48184267
>>
>>48184267
Fuck off, your perspective is not canonical. Enjoy it yourself and don't enter a fluff discussion while pretending it's actual lore.

>Like lmao they already blew up the setting who cares anymore.

They are discussing Khorne who still exists, you nitwit.
>>
>>48184159
>>proof to the contrary is provided
since this was from the sister book about the two other gods it only proves GW was inconsistent from the start
The overwhelming majority of material for both 40k and fantasy has him as god of murder without honor though.

I think it would be far more fitting to say that martial pride and honor lead to worship of khorne and hope to worship of nurgle.
The road to hell is paved with good intentions and all that.
>>
>>48184335
Yoiu

see

>>48184349

fgt.
>>
>After the long and grueling shitposting wars the fair lands of AoS General become comfy at last.
>But one day the points attacked.
>RATE MY LIST
>RATE MY LIST
>X POINTS SIGMARINES
>RATE MY LIST
>RATE MY LIST
>RATE MY LIST
>OLOLOLOL TREES
>RATE MY LIST
>RATE MY LIST
>RATE MY LIST
>RATE MY LIST
>OOGA BOOGA WHEY DA POINTS LEAKS AT
>RATE MY LIST
>RATE MY LIST

YOU BLEW IT UP.
>>
>>48184358

I could see that, it being a fine line true warriors have to tread 'lest they fall to Khorne. Even the Norscans were kind of wary and careful in their worship of the Ruinous Powers.
>>
>>48184422

Aren't you yourself shitposting by commenting on it with greentext?

What would you like to talk about, anon? I'm enjoying a relaxing evening with my new Chaos grand army book and I'm up for some AoS discussion that isn't all numbers.
>>
>>48184422
AoS threads are more productive now than they have ever been, with shitposting kept to a minimum. The only shitposting we had to deal with recently was that faggot with the 6 nagash 6 mourngal memes. Who cares if everyone is asking for points, lost building, or fawning over the new models and alarielles Thighs. It's better than what we had to go through for months
>>
>>48184310
>were overwritten with the same edition (picture related)

Realm of Chaos: Lost and the Damned: 1990, RT
Codex Chaos (your pic): 1996, 2nd edition

>>48184358
>since this was from the sister book about the two other gods it only proves GW was inconsistent from the start

There were two years between the books, they changed their mind.
>>
File: alg 1.png (4MB, 1628x1084px) Image search: [Google]
alg 1.png
4MB, 1628x1084px
It's your favorite part of the weekend, boys.

It's time time for some art.

First to begin with is Varanspire. Look at the dead worlds in the skies of Archaon's realm floating above like trophies and a dread promise to all that exists. That's metal!
>>
>>48184483

>they changed their mind

Its a lot easier to write a bleak war always forever multi-setting when your grandstanding narrative has fairly singular beings that don't tread too far morally grey or even positive areas.

Although in turn that begs to question why the Chaos Gods, Khorne in particular, is so pervasive, but that's trying to apply rational thought or realism to their settings which is an exercise in futility and probably missing the point.
>>
>>48184519

What is the Varanspire?

Also do you have any NEW art of beastmen in AoS?
>>
>>48184521
>Khorne in particular, is so pervasive,

Toxic masculinity and power fantasy literally. There are a lot of violent men out there or powerless men who crave power. It's why Khorne is the most powerful Chaos God he connects to mankind in a way that no other god can.
>>
>>48184422
Before rate-my-list posts were pretty pointless (ha!) but now they have a place, and good thing too. Look at 40k general. rate my lists are a part of generals, and im glad it's here.
>>
File: alg 2.png (1MB, 1316x720px) Image search: [Google]
alg 2.png
1MB, 1316x720px
>>48184519

>>48184540
Archaon's realm/empire within the Realm of Chaos.
>>
>>48184563

To be fair, all of nature could be said to be in a perpetual state of 'war'. I don't know if that feeds into Khorne, or is a reflection of him, but its an aspect I like. Probably explains why he looks bestial and his followers seem to become more bestial over time.

Now where the fuck are my Khorngors you cock teasing cunts!?
>>
File: khorne.png (94KB, 467x249px) Image search: [Google]
khorne.png
94KB, 467x249px
>>48184521
No, the fluff about him being a mindless destroyer came first, he was then retconned into respecting honor. Here's his fluff from Warhammer Armies 4th edition.
>>
File: 1460770314890.png (3MB, 1536x906px) Image search: [Google]
1460770314890.png
3MB, 1536x906px
>>48184540
Yes, actually. One of my favorite pieces so far.
>>
>>48184632
>Warhammer Armies Chaos 4th edition
>>
I want to like AoS' setting but I really wish it wasn't some multi-planar, infinite universe affair. That scale is so absurd it makes no sense to have actual man-sized beings punching each other for dominion over it. How they hell would they even 'rule' anything of that scale?

Even having the Realms as distinct planetoids of considerable size is pushing it. I miss the 'finite' aspect of WHFB, or even 40k at least having some definable boarders with its Galaxy.
>>
>>48184640

That's rad as fuck. Whoever they had doing that needs to make more art for them.
>>
>>48184648

Khul's fluff basically calls him a retard for vowing to conquer the entire Realm of Fire for Khorne.
>>
>>48184668
I know, that liberator is likely going to get his shit kicked in hard, but it shows the heroism of the stormcast eternals, and how strong chaos really is. That picture alone sums up AoS really well.
>>
File: Alg 3.png (3MB, 2632x728px) Image search: [Google]
Alg 3.png
3MB, 2632x728px
>>48184593
Cruising the seas of decay.
>>
>>48184648
The realms are not infinite, they are just very large and all inhabit the same universe.
>>
File: khorne.png (65KB, 281x254px) Image search: [Google]
khorne.png
65KB, 281x254px
And here's the same text from Warhammer Armies Realm of Chaos from the 5th edition. So it wasn't retconned again until the 6th edition, meaning that in Warhammer Fantasy Khorne respected honor for an entire decade, from 1990 until 2000.
>>
File: alg 4.png (5MB, 1318x1740px) Image search: [Google]
alg 4.png
5MB, 1318x1740px
>>48184697
I know how you guys like these maps so much.

>>48184672
He was nearly got rewarded to daemonhood for the effort.
>>
File: alg 5.png (2MB, 1307x988px) Image search: [Google]
alg 5.png
2MB, 1307x988px
>>48184729
>>
File: Alg 6.png (4MB, 2628x864px) Image search: [Google]
Alg 6.png
4MB, 2628x864px
>>48184760
>>
thanks for dumping the art, anon.

i have a folder on my desktop all the aos art goes to and it runs as my screensaver
>>
File: alg 7.png (5MB, 2630x876px) Image search: [Google]
alg 7.png
5MB, 2630x876px
>>48184797

>>48184804

Your welcome
>>
File: alg 8.png (3MB, 1306x826px) Image search: [Google]
alg 8.png
3MB, 1306x826px
>>48184850
>>
File: alg 9.png (1MB, 1058x657px) Image search: [Google]
alg 9.png
1MB, 1058x657px
>>48184887
>>
>>48184729

Well khorne likes ambition, and he likes blood. Either way Khul provided him both in ample supply.
>>
File: alg 10.png (2MB, 1316x779px) Image search: [Google]
alg 10.png
2MB, 1316x779px
>>48184928
>>
>>48184729

I like the maps that look almost like geography. I just wish they were consistent and linked together somehow for an over-all 'world map'.
>>
>>48184965
What, and limit themselves in the future?
>>
>>48184961

Did those two get BTFO by her?
>>
>>48184976

Even 40k manages to have a galaxy map while still having tons of blank cavnas space to write whatever they want where ever they want.
>>
>>48184995

Yes, Alarielle wrecks the Glottkin triplets.
>>
File: alg 11.png (8MB, 2132x1740px) Image search: [Google]
alg 11.png
8MB, 2132x1740px
>>48184995
You mean three.

I am not reading the book until after I dumb the art.

>>48184961
>>
>>48184961
Got anyfin' orky?
Or ogres. Any destruction works for me
>>
File: Alg 12.png (2MB, 1316x826px) Image search: [Google]
Alg 12.png
2MB, 1316x826px
>>48185030
>>
>>48185010
To be fair though, they didn't exactly need to design their map. 40k's "World map" is even lazier then WHFB
>>
So hey, what is going on with the new summer campaign? I stopped by a local GW and they said something like that was going on and it would influence the narrative somehow.

They had an uneven split of Chaos and Order, so I signed up my beastmen for the Chaos side, but they didn't explain anything more than 'win battles, finish your models, get points'.
>>
>>48185067

The forces of Order are building three grand cities in the Realm of Life, as a beacon of hope and progress for the Age of Sigmar. The narrative campaign's results will determine if Order is successful or if Chaos, Death, or Destruction fucks it up.
>>
File: alg 13.png (4MB, 1317x1749px) Image search: [Google]
alg 13.png
4MB, 1317x1749px
>>48185046
Yep, I think.

Just wait until I get to them.

>>48185054
>>
>>48185083
GW wants Order to win though, since their new rules (Treeple at least) are KINDA strong
>>
>>48185030
> Celestant Prime is involved in this shit
Doesn't he have more important places to be? It seems like Alarielle and the normal Stormcast Host could probably handle this one.
>>
>>48185104
Yeah, shame about the rest of Order. Don't delude yourself, they actually did a good job balancing the factions this time.
>>
>>48185054
in this picture the backpacks totally look like some weird space marine tech.
>>
File: alg 14.png (2MB, 1316x847px) Image search: [Google]
alg 14.png
2MB, 1316x847px
>>
>>48185014

The Glottkin are my favorite. Please elaborate on this humiliating defeat so that I may rage appropriately.
>>
>>48185121
It'd b a huge boon to get the realm of life back, Any chance they have at reclaiming a realm is worth prime's attention
>>
>>48185164

She boots their sorry asses out of the Realm of Life.
>>
>>48185084

How big is that suppose to be..? Is that an entire walled off inland sea?
>>
File: alg 15.png (2MB, 1316x721px) Image search: [Google]
alg 15.png
2MB, 1316x721px
>>48185143
>>48185084
>>
>>48185135
I know they didn't. That's why I'm mostly gonna ignore the points rules for now. But the fact that they just so happen to release a good battletome for a faction, AND that faction JUST SO HAPPENS to be the main group in an upcoming narrative campaign? Yeah, GW wants order to win
And honestly so do I, even though I'm destruction all the way
>>
>>48185143
I'm usually sorta on the fence about the Stormcast's designs, but jesus christ, does the guy in this one look like a bad he-man character. I get what they were trying to go for, but good god, did they miss.
>>
>>48185030

Is it just me or is Alarielle a giantess? Looks like she'd tower over a Stormcast.
>>
>>48185084
> The Silver Beacon
Dude, at least use a sock or something to clean up.
>>
>>48185216

Swap out the head for a helmet and they look great. Trust me on this.
>>
>>48185216
The dude he's fighting don't look that good either.
>>
>>48185217
Well she IS a goddess
Also, the fact that they've given her and nagash models when Gork 'n Mork don't have models tells me that Gorkamorka's 2stronk for the tabletop
>>
File: alg 16.png (4MB, 1320x1074px) Image search: [Google]
alg 16.png
4MB, 1320x1074px
>>48185197
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aeM7L_MQYiU

THE THREE EYED KING HAS COMETH.
>>
>>48185285
Sigmar matched Gorkamorka in strength.

Archaon defeated Gorkamorka with the rest of the gods. Also Sigmar admits that he cannot defeat Archaon in a contest of arms.
>>
I still don't know what to make of Archaon. He's always felt like GW is screaming "LOOK HOW COOL HE IS DON'T YOU THINK HE'S COOL", but his execution in the fluff is faaaar less impressive. End Times 5 even has like two or three characters call him out as an angsty crybaby.
>>
>>48185338

To be fair he's like the super ur-demi-god of Chaos and important enough to make the Ruinous Powers actually have to bargain with him.

I just wish he had more of a personality now. Seems like it disappeared in favor of being the new Melkor/Sauron of the setting.
>>
>>48185344

That's the problem when you trade off his characterization and lore to different writers and, chances are, probably without too much overhead about their ongoing plotline, history, or how their personality should be.

His novels were exceptionally bad from what i'm told. I think he's just mismanaged, really.
>>
I'm almost ashamed to admit the new Dorghar is kinda cool looking, even if it has zero visual continuity with the old model.

The skulls oozing out from under its flesh are dumb though.
>>
File: Alg 17.png (3MB, 1428x940px) Image search: [Google]
Alg 17.png
3MB, 1428x940px
>>48185392
Actually, his novels are pure gold and were nominated for best fantasy book contest.

Fuk dem haters.

>>48185298
>>
File: s-l1600.jpg (69KB, 1280x960px) Image search: [Google]
s-l1600.jpg
69KB, 1280x960px
I saw this up on eBay. Is this what the Khorgorath looks like outside of the starter kit or is it a conversion?
>>
>>48185436
That's a conversion, sadly.
>>
>>48185428

Still ruined by Be'lakor metaplot nonsense.

I'm so glad he got blown the fuck out and basically erased from the setting universe come AoS.
>>
>>48185428

What's good about them?
>>
>>48185436
Yes and no. That's the body, but the head is ripped off a bloodthirster. Normal whatsitcalled has a dummer head.
>>
File: alg 18.png (5MB, 1331x1748px) Image search: [Google]
alg 18.png
5MB, 1331x1748px
>>48185428
>>
>>48185454

Gotrek absolutely wrecking and humiliating Be'lakor was amazing, and then what End Times 5 did to him lol.
>>
>>48185467
>>>48185428
Shyish or Ghur?
>>
>>48185477

alg_17.png is Light and Shadow
>>
>>48185488
I did not mean to link to that one. No idea why it did that
>>
>>48185457
Kastner's/Archaon's character and journey. The side characters.

Be'lakor's shenanigans

>>48185454
Be'lakor exists in AoS. He just has yet to reveal himself and his new master plan.
>>
>>48185428
Man I wish somebody uploaded these images on the lexicanum.
>>
File: alg 19.png (3MB, 1319x991px) Image search: [Google]
alg 19.png
3MB, 1319x991px
>>48185467
>>
>>48185488
Is there anything more of Hysh?
>>48185467
Well, we found Lavos.
>>
>>48185538

>Orruks going to wreck some Khornefag shit

You know what, i'm surprisingly happy with this. I doubt Destruction will be a huge mover and shaker in the setting but I still want to see them break stuff and piss off everyone.
>>
File: alg 20.png (2MB, 1319x727px) Image search: [Google]
alg 20.png
2MB, 1319x727px
>>48185538
Ghur belongs to the Orruks. Ghur iz GREEN!
>>
>>48185538

I really dig the new Ork/Orc aesthetic. It just needs to be red or dirty gunmetal and its perfect.
>>
>>48185596
>>48185538

What are the Bloodbound doing in Ghur? I thought they were still trying to cling onto their holdings in Aqshy? Damnit Khul, get your shit together.
>>
File: alg 21.png (2MB, 1319x663px) Image search: [Google]
alg 21.png
2MB, 1319x663px
>>48185596
>>
>>48185436
>Khorgorath looks like outside of the starter kit
afaik he's only available in the starter kit atm.
But with a little luck you might be able to find some spare minotaur heads. The plastic kit comes with a few extra.
>>
File: BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD.png (4MB, 1536x2000px) Image search: [Google]
BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD.png
4MB, 1536x2000px
Speaking of Khorne, i'm doing a Bloodbound and Slaves to Darkness Khornate aligned army. How does this paint scheme look? I thought about maybe painting the helmets brass but otherwise keep the dirty blood-splattered metal look.
>>
File: alg 22.png (2MB, 1316x824px) Image search: [Google]
alg 22.png
2MB, 1316x824px
>>48185623
Khul just leads the largest Bloodbound warband. There are bloodbound warbands all over the realms, lead by over warlords.

>>48185624
>>
>>48185502

Maybe I'll check them out some time.
>>
>>48185664
led by other warlords*
>>
File: Alg 23.png (5MB, 2636x868px) Image search: [Google]
Alg 23.png
5MB, 2636x868px
>>48185664
We ar gonna tell you what we told dem blood boyz, stormboyz.

GHUR IZ GREEN!
>>
>>48185596
Ghur is the realm of Gorkamorka and his followers. Chaos and orderfags need to go and stay go
>>
File: alg 24.png (2MB, 1318x838px) Image search: [Google]
alg 24.png
2MB, 1318x838px
>>48185733
>>
>>48185733
As I recall from the book, that lot of stormcasts got FUCKED
>>
>>48185773
GORDAKK OUTTA NOWHERE BITCHES
Where my Ogor and grot named characters at?
>>
i played the starter box today

how the fuck do stormcast win? bloodbound are insanely powerful in melee and its not like the stormcast have enough mobility or shooting to chip away at them before they engage
>>
File: alg 25.png (4MB, 1618x1070px) Image search: [Google]
alg 25.png
4MB, 1618x1070px
>>48185773
>>
>>48185851
Take out the heroes. The rest fall easily without support.
>>
>>48185861
I should get some bloodbound and stormcast heads to make trophy racks for my ladz
>>
>>48185868
you can just hide the heroes in a big swarm of bloodreavers

retributors dont even have their starsoul maces
>>
>>48185897
If they do that though some of their hard hitters are out of range of attacks
>>
File: alg 26.png (3MB, 1626x1074px) Image search: [Google]
alg 26.png
3MB, 1626x1074px
>>48185861
>>
>>48185861
>>48185773
>>48185733
>>48185664
>>48185624
>>48185596
>>48185538
>>48185467

>already have a huge Chaos army
>starting up an Order army with boxset Stormcast, Seraphon, Duardin, Slyvaneth and some Empire models I liked
>already own a Mortarch and some Morgahsts
>see Ironjawz for the first time

fml I don't have the time or money for Destruction
>>
File: alg 27.png (5MB, 2630x768px) Image search: [Google]
alg 27.png
5MB, 2630x768px
>>48185940
>>
>>48185940
I have a new background now.
>>
>>48185940

Is that Nagash's realm?
>>
File: Alg 28.png (2MB, 1318x854px) Image search: [Google]
Alg 28.png
2MB, 1318x854px
>>48185983
*RAEGIN' intensives*
>>
>>48186029

The All-Gate for it, which Nagash leaves in the hands of Chaos because he is an immense retard.
>>
>>48186047

> because he is an immense retard

He wouldn't be Nagash if he was any other way, senpai
>>
>>48185983
>>48186046

Are the Stormcast trying to troll Skarbrand or something?
>>
File: Alg 29.png (4MB, 1318x1750px) Image search: [Google]
Alg 29.png
4MB, 1318x1750px
>>48186046

>>48186090
I think they are trying to capture him again.
>>
File: Alg 30.png (6MB, 2634x876px) Image search: [Google]
Alg 30.png
6MB, 2634x876px
>>48186111
HAMMERHAND
>>
Painting question: how's overbrushing? A friend says it's not worth doing since it's easier to ruin the paintjob than to get a good effect out of it.
>>
File: alg 31.png (2MB, 1316x748px) Image search: [Google]
alg 31.png
2MB, 1316x748px
>>48186142
>>
File: alg 32.png (4MB, 2632x722px) Image search: [Google]
alg 32.png
4MB, 2632x722px
>>48186175
>>
File: Alg 33.png (3MB, 1320x998px) Image search: [Google]
Alg 33.png
3MB, 1320x998px
>>48186235
>>
>>48186142

I feel like this image sums up (old) Warhammer pretty well.
>>
Any Seraphon players here want to critique my list?

Sunclaw Starhost:
10x Saurus Warriors
10x Saurus Warriors
10x Saurus Warriors
1x Sunblood

Slann Starmaster
3x Razordons

Thunderquake Starhost:
3x Kroxigor
1x Troglodon
1x Stegadon
1x Bastiladon

Total: 2000pt

Is it a good idea to hold the Razordon points in reserve and summon them as needed?
>>
File: reeeeeee.png (228KB, 858x725px) Image search: [Google]
reeeeeee.png
228KB, 858x725px
>sunblood still out of stock
>literally the only model i need to complete my seraphon army
>>
File: Alg 34.png (7MB, 2636x1748px) Image search: [Google]
Alg 34.png
7MB, 2636x1748px
>>48186287
>>
File: alg 35.png (4MB, 1622x1072px) Image search: [Google]
alg 35.png
4MB, 1622x1072px
>>48186363

Before >>48184519

After (picture related)
>>
File: alg 36.png (8MB, 2632x1748px) Image search: [Google]
alg 36.png
8MB, 2632x1748px
>>48186467
>>
>>48186467
>>48184519
So Shadow's the only one left open? It gives some weight to those rumors that they're next then.
>>
>>48186353
Contact customer support. They can probably give you an ETA on stock arrivals
>>
File: Swigmar (closeup).png (411KB, 394x476px) Image search: [Google]
Swigmar (closeup).png
411KB, 394x476px
>>48186493
And that's it.

That's all the art from the Allgates book. What do you think of this offering?

I will upload the treefolk art from their battletome later after I finish reading the allgate book.
>>
>>48186500

Supposedly Chaos kept Metal and Death open, no one can touch Shadow or Light, and Beasts' was nearly destroyed altogether.
>>
>>48186533

Thanks much btw
>>
>>48186568
which is which? I assume beasts is the orange?
>>
>>48186568
> no one can touch Shadow or Light

Fuckdammit. Is the entirety of the aelven thing right now "No, you don't get fluff other than the Azyrhiemers, fuck you"? Or am I just missing things?
>>
>>48186670

Anyone regardless of affiliation that steps through the gates to either gets brutally wiped out, supposedly.

I think it was also said that Shadow repulsed an attempted invasion by Archaon, but I dunno the source on that.
>>
>>48186670
They are just preping for a big reveal of the mystery of Light and Shadow (and possibly Slaanesh as well),
>>
>>48186650

Assuming they line up with the color of the winds from FB...

Light = White
Metal = Yellow
Life = Green
Heavens = Blue
Shadow = Gray
Death = Purple
Fire = Red
Beasts = Brown
>>
>>48186683
Malerion defeated Archaon in one battle during the start if the Chaos invasion of the Mortal Realms. Archaon decided to learn more about his mysterious foe and his tactics so he launched the Clandestine Wars.

Ultimately, Ulgu fell to Chaos and Malerion went to hiding.
>>
>>48186717

Thanks. Was this in the initial Age of Sigmar campaign book?
>>
>>48186750
It's in the Everchosen Battletome. The timeline section.
>>
>>48186713
Since there's no purple I'm gonna guess that teal is death
>>
>>48186773
We are at 400+ posts. Someone make some new bread.
>>
>>48186799

New bread here.

>>48187058
>>48187058
>>
Khorne daemon/bloodbound list, 1000 point

10 Bloodletters, 100
10 Bloodletters, 100

Skull Cannon, 180

Skullmaster, 100
Bloodsecrator, 120
Aspiring Deathbringer w/ Skullhammer, 80
-Spiteful Destroyer, Chaos Runeblade
-General

3 Bloodcrushers, 160
5 Skullreapers, 140

Skullmaster is to back up the letters for rerolls, it's just a couple points for a better herald (tide of blood seems useless). DB and Secrator following up the reapers with the cumulative +2 attacks.

Thoughts?
>>
>>48185084
>Ironholds
Dwarfs!
>Giant cogs and gears
Supertech dwarfs!
>Great Tower of Summoning
>Spikes
>Daemonic faces on the walls
Supertech Chaos Dwarfs!

>>48185241
Fuck, cannot unsee.
Thread posts: 410
Thread images: 74

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.