[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

HELP! Shadowrun mission

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 4

File: Bluff.jpg (111KB, 500x400px) Image search: [Google]
Bluff.jpg
111KB, 500x400px
Help me /tg/ you're my only hope.

> Be GMing a shadowrun campaign
> Plan on introducing them slowly to the system, set up some milk runs.
> It's going well, the players have a blast
> Next run, assassinate some Aztech man in suit

Here is where I fuck things up for myself.

> Mistype the reward, so now it is three million for a poorly guarded, low level schmuck.
> Before I can retract and correct, players start getting hyped.
> Player 1: “Okay so this is obviously a trap. I say we spring it and see who wants us dead.”
> Other players get on the hype train, no brakes allowed.
> Fuck, fuck, ehhh, roll with it!
> Me, as Johnson: “Well spotted, glad to work with intelligent people for once.”
> HavenoideawhatI’mdoing.jpg
> After a brief bit of RP back at base, session ends, players are still happy about the development, say they look forward to whatever web of intrigue I’ve cooked up.
> There is no web.

WTF do I do? It’s just a low ranked IT suit who hacked too greedily and too deep. I did not plan on turning this into a plot hook. The only notorious thing the party did before this was burn down a strip club that didn’t pay it’s protection money. My main plot was going to be a slaving ring that the PC’s would run afoul of. I asked them about their characters beforehand and all of them happened to have an IC reason to despise slavers, so I based my plot on that, if that helps.
>>
>>48127592
Worse comes to, you can have it be a trap not made specifically for them, more of a set an open trap to clear out any criminals unlucky enough to stumble on to it.
Or the trap could be a 'forced recruitment' which would be, hey, slavery. Now they have to break out of it or take it down from the inside.
Not great ideas but at least workable.
>>
File: Pavel.jpg (32KB, 434x401px) Image search: [Google]
Pavel.jpg
32KB, 434x401px
>>48127592
>say nothing

But isn't that how you get kidnapped by big guys?
>>
>>48127592
Might not be a trap. You say he dug too deep, some secrets are worth that much to keep hidden. Of course, any team sent to rub him out might know too much too...
>>
>>48127592
There is no trap.

There is, however, another assassination squad sent on the same mission. They would very much like to keep the whole reward for themselves.
>>
>>48127592
You already have the slavery ring thing, so run with it. Obviously the Strip Club was part of the ring and was worked mainly by slaves who had their view of reality altered via cyberware and magic it make them think they aren't slaves. The owners of the Slave Ring found out who burned down the club via some contacts and obviously wants revenge.

When the Aztechie accidentally hacked into their ring, they decided to kill two birds with one stone. Set a trap with the Aztechie with bait and put a ridiculous bounty on their head to ensure that the party went after him. Once they close in, the thugs (more mind raped slaves) jump the runners and the Aztechie and capture them alive to 'forcefully recruit' them into the ring, one way or another.

Now the runners have to escape the clutches of the slave ring, preferably by bringing it down on the owners heads in front of them, and you just tied everything together and got them back on track.
>>
>>48127934
Aztech endorses the guy, he worked for their cyberwarfare division and hacked other corps. Those other corps now want him dead.

>>48127988
I like this. Might use it.

>>48127994
Unfortunately the workers were not mindcontrolled. One of the PC's was a former bar maid and knew some of the workers there. This was a plot point, she distracted the guys in the kitchen from noticing the group's hacker sabotaging the stoves. She even pulled people out of the fire so she fully expects to be able to use those contacts again, just going 'they are also mindcontrolled slaves btw' is a bit of a dick move.
>>
Make this «An intrigue is that there are actually no intrgues». And then setup a trap over it.

Make a successful combination of circumstances, so that killing that Aztech would be really easy. Then the customer would give them their money, saying that his secretary made a mistake and mistyped the reward, but they are the company with a good name, so here's the money. (Make him sound as a good guy. The players have to like this character)
Moreover that company becomes surprised by their efficiency and offers them a permanent job, or a bunch of contracts.

This company is the ring
>>
>>48127592
The hit is being called by a regular at the strip club. He wants the PCs dead or at least humiliated. (Complication: The high price got other teams trying to get the prize.) The full 3 million is for immediate turn in of all data and gear of the target and the PCs; full strip search, scan and gun exchange. He has a hit and burn team(s) ready to destroy the info the guy had; and can say he thought the PCs were hiding a copy of the data.
>>
>>48129860
That's 3 million in stolen gear rather than cash, with the standard fee in cash; with the plan being to kill the PCs and burn the area to make it look like the PCs stole the gear. Much of it should be flawed prototypes, but "valued" at full price.
>>
>>48127592
Some rich corp dandy entertains his guests with live feeds from ridiculous events, like a decker who pissed him off getting hit by 3 squads at once, all competing for the same pay day, unaware of each other at first.

The guy found something, but he doesn't know what he has. He DOES know that people have suddenly developed interest in someone just like him, dangerous people. Other people have also noticed this attention, and although they don't know what it's all about, they are willing to take a financial risk. So they hired the players.

Corpsec is looking for a high level operative in deep. They can't be sure who it is, but they are entertaining several suspicions. Now just eliminating the most likely would tip their hand and possibly alert others they'd rather not have in the know on this. So they use a straw man Johnson to hire a street crew to do the deed, ready to frame them with whatever just so that suspicion never falls back on the corp and nobody is the wiser.

The only important thing is that there is a late night chase through unsafe territory against a poorly understood opponent that terminates in a shootout or siege in some Stuffer Shack.
>>
>>48130257
Could find out their dream gear and give them flawed prototypes that were downgraded to get them to work. Like a cyberdeck underclocked so it doesn't overheat, gun with light loads so it doesn't explode, armor that's a mocked made of last generation materials with a fragile plate that breaks with fewer hits (they should be able to hear and feel it breaking more than it should). This is junk he could get a hold of on short notice and low approval. Any full value stuff shouldn't be helpful in the PCs surviving the hit and/or fire.
>>
File: 1453743639154.jpg (51KB, 570x390px) Image search: [Google]
1453743639154.jpg
51KB, 570x390px
>>48127592

The 3 million reward isn't the whole reward the reward is 5 million and the premise is actually a clever embezzlement scheme. The target isn't anyone important or even notable, he's just some average schmuck who wears weird suits. The middleman should have hired a specific team who are taking the embezzlers partner on as a "newbie member", will kill the schmuck, they give the money to the "newbie" who pays them a cut and the company never find out that the money was stolen, just thinking it went on usual company black ops.

The middleman however decides he'd rather be paid a lot more handsomely than he originally quoted, he hires a second team, the players, quoting them 3 million and hopes they'll finish the run first. The middleman then pockets the 2 million and when the embezzler comes knocking claims the party must have hacked his partners ID and tricked the middleman into giving them the 5 million.

So in order to get revenge the embezzler flags up the players on the companies wanted list as thieves who stole 5 million scrip. Cue Shenanigans.
>>
>>48130446
mocked: mock up
Could have the corp offer their approval to take out the guy and make the problem go away. With a bonus for a good job. And 3 million for multiple perimeter intrusion exercises on their own buildings, so the shadows know they pay what they promise. Like the first half of their pay is in a box inside the perimeter get it to get payed. The second is for help improving security. Have them do this for a small set of locations, with repeated missions with improved security using their recommendations and those of the security staff involved. I can see a corp being comfortable with inviting them over the outer perimeter but not inside. You could make a corp shadowrunner simulation team the players use to make the full intrusion tests with and the full security improvement exercise.
Or a full security exercise on a test site for night security with just robots and remote control. With no personnel on site they wouldn't mind inviting them in. They may place secret cameras and other sensors to get more data for the exercise.
>>
>>48127592
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wi7syn_Jb1k
Smoking Aces promised 1 million.
A team of shadowrunners should be following them to see if they can take the money and in the meantime learn by watching. Or rescue them if it's a trap and demand payment for the help.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.