[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/swg/: Classic Edition

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 318
Thread images: 70

File: 1407312537787.jpg (282KB, 1008x457px) Image search: [Google]
1407312537787.jpg
282KB, 1008x457px
Post about X-Wing, Armada, FFG's Star Wars RPGs, d6, d20 (Saga), movies, shows, books, comics, vidya, lego, lore and everything else Star Wars related

Previous Thread: >>48029400→ # → →

Fantasy Flight Games’ X-Wing and Star Wars: Armada Miniatures Games
>http://pastebin.com/Wca6HvBB

Fantasy Flight Games’ Star Wars RPG System (EotE/AoR/FaD)
>http://pastebin.com/wCRBdus6
>https://mega.nz/#!DkNTDTyZ!PUupCOep4RmRcsgI3rNhU_Pk_xcyFbYWnhrq8gwrVv0

Other Fantasy Flight Games Star Wars Tabletop (Imperial Assault and the Star Wars LCG)
>http://pastebin.com/ZkpXpbJ1

Fantasy Flight Games Dice App (Works with X-Wing, Armada, the Star Wars RPG system and Imperial Assault)
>http://www.mediafire.com/download/64xy3uy6vepll8v/com.fantasyflightgames.swdice.ver.1.1.4.build.9.apk

Older Star Wars Tabletop (d6, d20/Saga, etc.)
>http://pastebin.com/wXP0LdyJ

Reference Materials & Misc. Resources
>http://pastebin.com/AGFFkSin

All Canon Novels and Comics (via /co/)
>https://mega.co.nz/#F!2R5kDTqQ!WfrDla-jvDIn05U57T9hhQ

Just What IS Canon Anyways?
>http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Canon#2014_reboot
>http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Timeline_of_canon_media

The Clone Wars Viewing Guide
>http://img.4plebs.org/boards/tg/image/1442/36/1442364889994.png

Writefaggotry
>http://pastebin.com/cJY5FK9T

Shipfag's hangar
>https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0ByhAdnTlOKOeQnA4SFByUC1aQWM&usp=sharing
>>
Let's kick this thread off the ground with a question:

What is your favorite: Single lightsaber, twin sabers or double-bladed saber?
>>
>>48092286

Single. Easier to control, lack of ostentation.
>>
>>48092286
Single saber.
>>
>>48092286

Twin sabers. Switch to single when appropriate, more options, looks less stupid and less likely to cut yourself and not for padawans like double-bladed.
>>
>>48092286
Single shoto and heavy pistol
Do you even operate?
>>
>>48092286
Single saber, green blade.
Blue is a close second though.
>>
>>48092364
>not a dual-phase that can be switched from full length down to shoto for when operating, without leaving yourself as the guy who brought a knife to a swordfight
>>
>>48092286

I kind of dislike that lightsabers have been canonized only by the types we see commonly in media. We see single sabers, then we had Maul's kind of stupid double one, and finally wielding two sabers at once.

Still, single is my favorite. A lack of ostentation and a free hand if you need it. There's also a number variations off of the single template, like Kylo's broadsword-like one, and knife-like minisabers for people who prefer to fight differently, but still like having a knife that can cut through damn near anything.

Of course, the best saber is probably no saber at all, being powerful enough not to have to deal with weapons at all. In the end, it has a lot of power to it when employed correctly, but trying to solve everything with it makes it a liability and impractical, and it also cheapens it.
>>
>>48092286
Single blade, tarnished silver hilt and blue blade that both used to be a lot brighter. Or maybe I just remember it being brighter. Everything seemed brighter back then.

I don't even use the blasted thing, I'm not even sure if it works any more. I just keep it as a reminder of everything that's been lost.
>>
>>48092286
Double bladed
>>
>>48092616
weeeeeeeeeb
>>
>>48092637
I just think it is flashy. And flashy is cool.

Going full weeb would be dual wielding double bladed lightsabers
>>
File: Exar Kun.jpg (117KB, 599x421px) Image search: [Google]
Exar Kun.jpg
117KB, 599x421px
>>48092532
>then we had Maul's kind of stupid double one
>he thinks Maul was the first double bladed saber
>>
>>48092532
Yup, that's why Yoda's fight in 2 was annoying aside from the bad cgi.

I think one of the best skills to use the Force for would be GOTTAGOFAST, being in the right place at the right time, and just never being where the blow lands like the Silver Horde.
>>
File: we used to matter.png (237KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
we used to matter.png
237KB, 600x600px
>>48092568
>Everyone I know goes away in the end
>>
>>48092892
>What have I become
>my sweetest friend?
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=hN74bOubUug
>>
>thanks to the recent films, hordes of fangirls (and slightly rarer fanboys) are ready and able to write star wars requests free of charge

have you gotten your star wars smut fantasy written yet teegee?

I once got someone to write a costume fetish centric one where kylo fucked rey who was in full stormtrooper armor.

I have no regrets
>>
>>48093343
No, actually I haven't. Where would I find these generous folks?
>>
File: 50ShadesOfRey.jpg (49KB, 428x960px) Image search: [Google]
50ShadesOfRey.jpg
49KB, 428x960px
>>48093343
>kylo fucked rey who was in full stormtrooper armor.

Pic related much?
>>
>>48093274
Fuck. Beat me to it.
>>
I'm way too attached to swoopy, fragile, 3-agility ships. I need some variation in my X-wing fleet, explain to me why I should enjoy bulkier, slower ships more, /swg/.
>>
>>48094602
so my only experiance with x-wing is in jumping into the campaign system, which is awesome, but I'll give it a go.

B-Wings can through out a lot of hurt, and still have barrel roll which is awesome.
Guidance Chip+Photon Torpedoes lets you though out a very nasty first wave, and against things with low/no shields get crit effects to fuck the enemy ship.
The also have a system slot which is really good.
>>
I am going to GM a game of the fantasy flight RPG system and this is going to be the first time ever that I GM and the first time I actually do any table top RPG stuff for like close to 15 years. Any advice for GMing in general or for the system specifically?

There will be a group of 4 players and I have talked to them all and only one seems to be into actual roleplaying and the other three seem like they are just in it for lolsorandom and fighting stuff. They are all friends with each other in real life and I got to know them through video games. My big worry personally is that they will just destroy any semblance of story and kill anything they can come across and me not knowing how to roll with that. I think I will suck at improvisation at first and we will just have a couple of crappy sessions for the first month or two as I get used to it.
>>
File: 55304211_p0.png (213KB, 700x547px) Image search: [Google]
55304211_p0.png
213KB, 700x547px
>>48093566
well you might have to walk outside your comfort zone but theres a few on tumblr, and a bunch from a site called wattpad (although some wattpaders are pissed at 4chan for having some so called hackers attacking them).

heck theres a star wars rebels one on fanfiction.net. bitches love kanan doing ezra.
>>
File: star wars general.png (121KB, 332x487px) Image search: [Google]
star wars general.png
121KB, 332x487px
>>48093566
/aco/ and wherever else you can find fanfic writers. Probably these threads, too, if Luke/Mara, Jedi Prince, and starships are among your kinks.
>>
File: tumblr_o1r58vT5Cw1rup66go1_1280.png (458KB, 1000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_o1r58vT5Cw1rup66go1_1280.png
458KB, 1000x1000px
>>48094602
ware you talking about rebels, empire, or scum?

why not try a Fat Han or some Tie Defenders
>>
>>48094901
Be creative with Advantages/Threats and Triumphs/Despairs. But don't break the game.

And get your players flipping those light side points like they're going out of style.
>>
>>48095114
>/aco/
The reason I'm asking this fellow is that /ago/ is very bad at actually delivering on requests that they "take"
>>
>>48095173
I'm focusing on scum, but plans to branch into both empire and rebels.
>>
So X-wing campaign build
I've got an x-wing
R2-D2, Photon Torpedoes, Predator, Engine upgrades and Autothrusters.
Going for Push the limit with my next PS upgrade.

Good? I'm thinking of boosting and push the limit to keep my mobility up while doing green maneuvers to regain shields.
>>
>>48095280
U Boat spam is a nice way to lose friends I hear

maybe Broadsiding HLC YV666
>>
File: MQujrME.jpg (337KB, 1365x2048px) Image search: [Google]
MQujrME.jpg
337KB, 1365x2048px
>>48095269
I'm working on it I'm working on it!
>>
>>48095280
You could try a Kennel list (aka 3x YV-666). i heard those are pretty fun
>>
>>48093343
>>48095114
>tfw you commission someone to draw your Star Wars clone fantasy I'm expecting the obvious joke, but mine actually involves red hair
>>48095269
Didn't the thread die? I haven't seen the new one in a few days.
>>
>>48095728
>Didn't the thread die?
It did. For a couple of days.
There's a new one up, though
>>
>Missiles are a type of secondary weapons, characterized by the need of a having a Target Lock and discarding the Missile card to Attack.
>Torpedoes are a type of secondary weapons, characterized by the need of a having a Target Lock and discarding the Torpedo card to Attack.

Why does this distinction exist?
>>
>>48096106
It exists as both a fluff and balancing measure.
Fluff-wise, you can't just shove proton torps in a concussion missile tube and expect them to work, and vice versa.
Balance-wise, it works to limit which ships have access to which ordnance.
>>
>>48096106
A wings with proton torps would make fanboys cry
>>
>>48096129
In very broad and very incorrect terms, torpedoes are to be used against big ships while missiles are for starfighters.
>>
Guys I just got the X-Wing core set and I really like it. Only problem is my friends are too cheap to buy their own sets and make their own squads.

What are the best ships and stuff to get so that I can host good X-Wing nights? Looking for a good variety and balance of different ships that aren't too hard for people to learn.
>>
>>48092386
This is the only real way to light saber outside of leaving it on your hip forever while using guns and force powers.
>>
>>48096812
well technically if you wanted to all you have to do is print out the cards and movement dials to save on cash
>>
>>48096933
I'm not that cheap and I actually want a good collection of the ships. I don't mind spending the money but I still want to be efficient/cost-effective.
>>
>>48096812
A second core set, whichever one you don't already have. This gets you 6 of each dice, and some more stuff.

From there, Imp Aces and Imp Vets + A Defender, Bomber, and Interceptor. Rebel Aces and the Falcon + an A-Wing, B-Wing, amd Y-Wing.

Those will get you a solid mix.

Scum when you expand is Most Wanted, a Firespray (works alright for an Imperial big as well), with anything but the Scyk for whatever you feel like getting.
>>
>>48096812
For Imps/Rebs, get the other core set, Rebel and Imperial Aces, and whatever expansions you feel appropriate. I'd go for the T-65, Y-wing, TIE Fighter, TIE Interceptor, YT-1300, and Firespray simply because they're so iconic. Maybe the TIE Advanced, but Vader is the only one who is really good without the more recent expansions' upgrades.

I'm not much of a Scum player, though, so aside from Most Wanted, I don't know what would be considered essential for them.
>>
>>48097319
the most wanted set on it's own is pretty boring in my opinion, the S&V funtimes happens mostly with the big ships. Or scyk-swarms.
>>
>>48095114
>Everywhere
>>
File: fire bomber.png (1MB, 1009x792px) Image search: [Google]
fire bomber.png
1MB, 1009x792px
>>48097630
EVERY DAY, EVERY NIGHT, EVERYWHEEEEERE
>>
Just put my Armada collection on eBay with a heavy heart. Just don't find time to play it. Get a fair bit of x-wing in though. What do people think is the flaw in Armada, does anyone else not find many players?
>>
>>48098094
>What do people think is the flaw in Armada

until recently, fighters are dogshit. and they still sort of are.

rebels only having broadsiding being the only good strategy, until with the new MC80
>>
>>48098227
I never got enough games to warrant buying anything beyond wave 2. For me it was the pacing of the game, slow but it didn't feel methodical just clunky.
>>
File: Gladiator-SD-Product-Shot_v3.png (724KB, 600x805px) Image search: [Google]
Gladiator-SD-Product-Shot_v3.png
724KB, 600x805px
>>48098094
>>48098227
also imo armada is more complicated than x wing with their token systems n stuff. so x wing, almost anyone can pick it up in 15 minutes, whereas armada might take an hour and requires some decent critical thinking
>>
and I guess a final note that in xwing, the fighters are relatively to scale (hell, the Corvette may actually be to scale with the rebels retcon).

armada has to take shortcuts, otherwise some models would be too big. the MC80 mini is like 2 nebulons long! so it is a little off putting that the ships are a little arbitrary
>>
>>48098299
Yeah I get where you're coming from. It's a shame really because the idea of big fleet battles in the Star Wars universe really got me going. Maybe if this doesn't sell I'll give it another shot
>>
File: costanza-wink.gif (468KB, 500x400px) Image search: [Google]
costanza-wink.gif
468KB, 500x400px
>>48092286
Blue lightsaber with a full handguard, single-bladed but but but there's like a blaster built into it so I can use it as a GUN or as a LIGHTSABRE and and...
>>
>>48098344
well its not like its the first time we got a star wars ship combat game

there was another that came with like two captial ships. cant remember. was like 10 years ago or so
>>
>>48098445
I have that it was made by wizards of the coast I want to say. It was also terrible.
>>
File: 54860586_p0.png (3MB, 1736x992px) Image search: [Google]
54860586_p0.png
3MB, 1736x992px
if I had a boatload of cash, I would totally hire a hentai doujin artist to make a story around a shota luke skywalker and a shota han solo rescuing a mature and busty leia, and they all get tentacle raped in the garbage chute
>>
File: 54045036_p1.jpg (953KB, 1032x1457px) Image search: [Google]
54045036_p1.jpg
953KB, 1032x1457px
>>48098467
there was also the papercraft games

hell I bought a bunch of packs (they were like $1 each at half price books) and one pack came with like 4 z95s that are honestly not that off scale with x wing.
>>
>>48096812
I feel ya bud, I'm in the exact same position. Another core set is a must, preferably the one you don't have but a duplicate wouldn't hurt either. Never enough TIEs of either type, and X-wings are always useful, especially for casual games. Imperial+Rebel Aces are a great next step, and/or the individual ship blisters they contain. Also wouldn't hurt to get Z-95s to give Rebels some cheap fighters too, which can be used for Scum/Villainy as well.
>>
>>48099758
If you get Imperial Aces, the Interceptor expansion is basically a must as well just because you get the People's Champion in that pack but not in Aces, and Soontir Fel is widely agreed to be the best Interceptor pilot.
>>
>>48098544
I have a box of those back home, mostly clone wars-era ships though.
>>
>>48091661
What are those models? They look really cool.
>>
another issue with armada is that in xwing, a build is pretty straightforward

but in armada you have 2 forms of a ship, and then a shit ton of slots with upgrades. The choices become a bit overwhelming. especially since they have to print a command person of every single token
>>
>>48101416
What? It's pretty simple and straightforward if you read the card and match the symbol.
There are sites like this that help put lists together piss easily.

http://armadawarlords.hivelabs.solutions/
>>
>>48101640
I've just bought the core set, and I think none of my friends is gonna get into Armada, so, some buyer's remorse.
Guy in the group has a bunch of X-wing, and he lets us mooch off him, should I do the same and invest heavily onto it so he can mooch off me?
I don't even know where to start expanding my game, or if I even should.
>>
>>48102219
Armada does have a pretty small player base. Check your local game store. Hang out and chat with people playing X-Wing, ask if they've ever given Armada a go. You might just find someone.
>>
File: Happy Pyromaniac Day.jpg (160KB, 1149x1200px) Image search: [Google]
Happy Pyromaniac Day.jpg
160KB, 1149x1200px
>>
>>48102219
I feel like armada requires minimum investment. I think if you get the core set and 1-3 "expansions" for each faction, you'd have a rather solid amount of gaming choices. Play a few games with just the core game, you should at least be able to get some of your friends to check it out, and you'll get the feel for what other ships you might want.
>>
>>48098094
Armada is expensive, so that's the first barrier. Then it just comes off as complicated (even though it actually pretty simple). Constructing a decent fleet at 400 pts is a pretty daunting task at first since all the options are kind of overwhelming, and with wave 3 and 4 approaching this makes it even more overbearing for newer players. Unfortunately all these negative things are pretty front loaded so it deters people from even trying it. This thing requires a lot of investment physically and mentally.

Which sucks because I love this game. It has a lot of flaws obviously but good fucking luck finding another game - tabletop or video - that provides a similar experience without wasted effort on land combat or political shit.
>>
>>48102942
Ive heard people say that it is really good and feels like a proper space battle game, but the high entry fee & learning barrier are killing it.
>>
>>48103377
Maybe in a few years, when people are jumping off of it we can get some nice secondhand models for cheap
>>
File: item126785.2.jpg (156KB, 400x624px) Image search: [Google]
item126785.2.jpg
156KB, 400x624px
>pic related is gone forever and Nu-EU (see aftermath) will be another 5 years of lgbt teens and young adults

speaking of which, anyone got any top tier star wars reading suggestions?
>>
File: 401px-Whaling_station.jpg (82KB, 401x599px) Image search: [Google]
401px-Whaling_station.jpg
82KB, 401x599px
>>48103662
>>
>>48103662
The image quality is so poor I can't even read that panel well enough to know, let alone care, about what piece of Star Wars fan fiction you're so upset over.

>anyone got any top tier star wars reading suggestions?
"A New Dawn" was pretty good.
>>
File: 1441228795093.jpg (583KB, 1600x1200px) Image search: [Google]
1441228795093.jpg
583KB, 1600x1200px
>>48102219
If you want to have people to play with, yes.

Honestly the game isn't that expensive. I've bought one of each ship expansion and done fine. Doing that in X-wing is going to cost you an order of magnitude more right now, and its release schedule is faster.

I've been playing Armada since release, and while I love the game dearly in many ways it does have some problems.

-First is the $100 core. Stupidest decision FFG has done with the game I think. It just puts so many people off buying it, even though it comes with a metric fuckton of stuff. Should have been $80. Also unlike X-wing you only need one core.

-It is a very cerebral game, and a good chunk of it is won or lost in deployment and choosing initiative/objectives. The problem with this is, it still takes a while to play. So you can be stuck there playing out a game you know you've lost for a good 30 minutes. That's not fun.

-Its community is still tiny. I live in a major West Coast city, and we can barely scrape together four people for our monthly Sunday tourney. Hopefully this will slowly start to get better, but I'm not counting on it any time soon.

Waves 3/4 look like they're really going to expand the game though, and are going to give both sides some options that they desperately needed. I'm looking forward to it.
>>
>>48104696
>a major West Coast city
just fucking say it
even if there were only two players on the west coast, nobody would know who you are
>>
>>48103662
Zahn, Stackpole, Allston.
>>
>>48103662
top-tier
thrawn (trilogy and hand thereof)
X-wing (aside from 5 and 9)
the Han Solo Adventures
The Han Solo Trilogy (it gets a bit YA at times, but is overall breddy gud)
Mid-tier but still worth reading
I, Jedi
The Truce at Bakura
Scoundrels
the obi-wan and anakin OJO YA books
liquor-tier
Jedi Academy Trilogy
Darksaber
Jedi Prince series
>>
After seeing this guy do terrible terrible things with a Vessery + Ruthlessness + Tractor Beam combo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s875IgpWNHk

I've gone and rererevised this list:

http://geordanr.github.io/xwing/?f=Galactic%20Empire&d=v4!s!49:-1,-1,-1,-1,-1:35:17:u.183,u.95;179:20,-1:-1:13:;194:100,144,-1:34:17:;10::-1:-1:&sn=Unnamed%20Squadron

What do people think? As you can see it's got multiple elements that /swg/ has suggested such as the Officer Shuttle - Omega Ace combo, and the numbers are padded out with an Academy Pilot.
The Defender itself is a Glaive instead of Vessery because this build doesn't leave lots of opportunity for Vessery's ability to go off, and the extra point can go into MK2 engines.
I was tempted to go for an initiative bid, but I don't think it'll come up that often.
>>
>>48101142
Old Z-95 Headhunters
>>
File: Mk1 Z95.jpg (16KB, 413x262px) Image search: [Google]
Mk1 Z95.jpg
16KB, 413x262px
>>48105508
We really should have had more F14/15 types of fighters in Star Wars with swing wing geometry.
Because its fucking sexy
>>
>>48104949
>http://geordanr.github.io/xwing/?f=Galactic%20Empire&d=v4!s!49:-1,-1,-1,-1,-1:35:17:u.183,u.95;179:20,-1:-1:13:;194:100,144,-1:34:17:;10::-1:-1:&sn=Unnamed%20Squadron
Expose on a TIE is a deathwish, I personally would change Omega Ace to Omega Leader with his classic loadout (Comm Relay+Juke) and the Glaive to Vessery so you will most likely be able to use his ability since O.Leader needs a tl.
>>
>>48105553

There's nothing wrong with that, and certainly Vessery + Omega Leader is a great combo, however the Omega Ace is really more of a decoy, the idea being that you can either concentrate on the Omega Leader, or the Bomber Shuttle, or the TIE Defender, but you can't cover all of them, and any one of them will do great work.

Another consideration is that I don't have access Omega Leader, Juke or Comm Relay.

Ultimately the proof will be in the pudding, as it's all very well theorycrafting, but we won't know for sure how well a build works unless we try it.
>>
>>48105553

Something like this?

http://geordanr.github.io/xwing/?f=Galactic%20Empire&d=v4!s!49:-1,-1,-1,-1,-1:35:17:u.183,u.95;187:152,153:-1:-1:;70:100,144,-1:34:17:;10::-1:-1:&sn=Unnamed%20Squadron

No Comm Relay on Omega Leader because he can bum a TL off the TIE Shuttle and it allows the Academy Pilot to upgrade to a Epsilon TIE/FO, but that could easily be reversed if it proves untenable for lategame.
>>
>>48105673
Comm Relay is too useful to drop, it allows OL to bank the evade for Juke, then bank a TL and focus up the rest of the game.
>>
>>48105621
>Another consideration is that I don't have access Omega Leader, Juke or Comm Relay.
Well consider that he comes with everything you need to play this build out of the box and the TIE/fo expack is pretty cheap.
>>
So. Marek Steele in a Defender.

How do we build him?
>>
>>48105958
VI, and then either TB+/D or X7
>>
>>48103662
What was wrong with 5 and 9? Isn't the first WQraith Squadron Book 5?

>>48104904
>The Han Solo Trilogy (it gets a bit YA at times, but is overall breddy gud)
What's YA about working for the Hutts?

And speaking of YA, the Galaxy of FEAR books are breddy good even if the first one is orders of magnitude away from normal Starwars power levels.
>>
>>48105958
Calculation and X7
>>
I'm starting up Heroes of the Aturi cluster with some friends tomorrow. Anybody have experience with it? Any recommendations?
>>
>>48106309
>Book 5
He's probably referring to Isard's Revenge, which is Stackpole's weakest X-Wing novel. Doesn't really add much to the galaxy, some of the plot points are rather silly, and the dogfights are relatively lackluster compared to the previous Rogue books. You can skip it and move on to Wraith Squadron without missing anything important.

>Book 9
Mercy Kill was a solid entry but doesn't compare to the original Wraith books in terms of action, pacing, and scale. Plus, Allston is forced to deal with the baggage of writing in a post-Vong setting.

That said, it's still funny as fuck and the new Wraiths are great. Turman and Scut are, hands down, the best things to happen to the Wraiths since Wedge's custom TIE flight suit.
>>
>>48107611
Ideally, you'd want to read Isard's Revenge after the Wraith novels anyway. The Wraiths outright predict it, and it's glorious.
>>
Do you guys have experience playing a game of x wing using scum ships as "mercenaries" that both the alliance/resisitance and the empire/first order can use?
Obvs not in a tournament, I'm talking about playing casual games with your friends
>>
>still no Havoc in X Wing

waaaaaaaah
>>
>>48105673
>http://geordanr.github.io/xwing/?f=Galactic%20Empire&d=v4!s!49:-1,-1,-1,-1,-1:35:17:u.183,u.95;179:20,-1:-1:13:;194:100,144,-1:34:17:;10::-1:-1:&sn=Unnamed%20Squadron

Here's my take on that list, the Omega Ace build is great, if maybe a little over costed for what you'll realistically get.
>>
>>48108629
I do not, but I can very quickly state that it'd be of far greater value to the Empire than it would the Rebels. Not only do the Rebels share more ships with Scum/Villainy than the Empire (Z-95, Y-wing, Hawk vs Firespray), the Empire's ship line is fairly uniform.

While the Rebels would be able to access large-size ships that aren't Corellian freighters, it wouldn't give them many new fighter options. On the other hand, Imperials would have access to eight new fighters to complement their various TIEs, and several new large-size ships.
>>
File: image.jpg (54KB, 590x250px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
54KB, 590x250px
So my buddy is starting up an Age of Rebellion game and I'm not super familiar with the system. Any tips for character creation? Any essential choices? Any trap options?

Is the game even any good?
>>
>>48110097
Put all your starting xp into characteristics.
>>
>>48110097
>Is the game even any good?
Very good.
>>
>>48110097
The ace specs can be a bit of a trap if for some reason you never end up touching a vehicle (unlikely, but possible). Consult your GM, get a feel for what kind of a campaign he's planning. Concur with >>48110332, most of your start XP into characteristics, leftover XP goes into top tier talents or skills.
>>
>>48107611
Yeah but Isard's revenge is not book five at all.

It's also not quite as bad as people make it out to be, and has the Rogues in Defenders whichw as fun.

Also a MUCH better depiction of how AT-ATs fare against ACTUAL starfighters instead of pint-sized airspeeders and outdated field guns than say how Rebels had the Nucanon proto-AT-ATs stand up to multiple torpedo and laser cannon strikes from the Ghost and Phantom.

That pissed me off so much, I mean the AT-ATs died a tiny bit too fast in Isard's Revenge, but they died too slow in Rebels by far.
>>
>>48110097

A lot of people recommend putting the majority of your starting XP into your stats; after character creation, increasing stats is much more difficult.

Think carefully about which career/specialisation you want to go with initially, and where you want to go in the future.

Due to how flexible the system is, there isn't any true 'trap' options, but some specialisations are less useful depending on the campaign your GM has planned (going Commander-Commodore would be a poor choice if you wind up playing a campaign where you have no space assets, for instance).

It is a good game, but the dice mechanics require a different mindset to other games. Embrace the notion of a successful failure, and all shall be well.
>>
I'm running a mixed game of EotE and AoR. How should I balance obligation and duty? Just dump one? Track them both separately?
>>
>>48111970
You'd probably only ignore Duty if none of the characters are going to have a close relationship with whoever the Duty is to. Like if they just have occasional run-ins or it's more of a character or two having some Rebel connections and doing some jobs for them now and then.

Otherwise, unless it's necessary for your game, each player can pick if they want to start with Obligation/Duty/both, and they can only alter one for the purpose of benefits (only increase Obligation or decrease Duty for XP/credit bonuses, not both). And from there, yeah, you'd track them separately, so when you roll to see what happens, you roll against both Obligation and Duty charts, and so it's possible for something to trigger from both in a single session.
>>
File: AlderaanShotFirst.gif (2MB, 320x240px) Image search: [Google]
AlderaanShotFirst.gif
2MB, 320x240px
>>48112273
Good on ya. Thanks for clearing that up.
>>
>>48109803
Yeah I see what you mean
Didn't think about that
>>
>>48091661
Okay so Macross right? But set in Star Wars.
>>
File: 20160704_174711.jpg (60KB, 213x270px) Image search: [Google]
20160704_174711.jpg
60KB, 213x270px
>>48114365
>MFW the Vong invasion is thwarted via the power of love
>>
>>48114523
And transformable star fighters and cruisers. Can't forget those.
>>
What are some reasons for common people to despise the Republic and join a CIS militia to fight against them? I'm having some difficulty coming up with the background for an ex-separatist rebel. Perhaps excessive traderoute taxation dried up their planet's business and the unemployed population got pissed off?
>>
>>48116431
Perhaps he came from a world with a lot of resources that was undecided in the war, and the republic came in and took over the planet.
>>
File: Han Solo and the Lost Legacy.jpg (76KB, 303x520px) Image search: [Google]
Han Solo and the Lost Legacy.jpg
76KB, 303x520px
I wonder how much Brian Daley knew about Indiana Jones, because for a book published a year before Raiders of the Lost Ark, Han Solo and the Lost Legacy is VERY Indiana Jones.

Which isn't a bad thing at all. This time around, Han & Chewie are bumming around the Tion Hegemony after blowing through the money they made in the Corporate Sector when they reluctantly get hired to help an old Academy friend of Han's look for the lost treasure of Xim the Despot, and Han continues to charge forward, equally solving and causing problems with his pig-headedness.

Car chases on a university planet, dockside brawls, and an escape down a mountainside on a giant gong while being chased by inbred cultists who want human sacrifices to boost the signal that will bring "High Command" back to rescue them.

Of the new developments, the backwater Tion Cluster is a great setting for redneck shenanigans covering up ancient history, especially the mystique that gets built up around Xim's lost treasure and a great denoument where, well, thanks to advances in technology since his era, knowledge was his REAL treasure

Bollux & Blue Max get some major development and touching moments before finding a reason to leave the Falcon before A New Hope could happen.

The most impressive new character is the Ruurian professor, Skynx, who is a nerdy caterpillar-man who wants to go on an ADVENTURE before he pupates. (Seriously, Skynx is great)

Also, we wrap things up with Gallandro, who hunts down Solo for that long-awaited gunfight Gallandro wins, easily, but gets outsmarted in the end anyway

Not much to say other than the Han Solo Adventures is fucking great pulp fun. Top Tier. Read them.

Also, RIP in Pieces Chewie's Admiral's Hat
>>
>>48114523
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=KCkgYhtz64U
>>
>>48116431
>Goddamn democracy taking too long to do shit and not making the trains run on time.
>>48116529
Han Solo Adventures is fucking boss.
>>
>>48116431
Simple, place he came from was fucked over badly by the republic in some way or another. Like say the republic backed rebels who imposed a zimbabwe-tier government on the world until pro-CIS groups restored the old, anti-republic monarch or whatever
>>
>>48116431
Crib from the devastation of Honoghr. The Republic & Separatists brought their fight to your world and at least one giant ship crashed on your planet. Maybe not a full extinction-level or nuclear winter style event, but if a Republic cruiser just smashed your hometown and everyone you cared about, and the Jedi didn't even bother to clean up or look for survivors, wouldn't you be pissed?
>>
File: VentressKiss.webm (3MB, 1280x544px) Image search: [Google]
VentressKiss.webm
3MB, 1280x544px
>>48092286
Asajj Ventress made it clear in my nostalgic young brain years ago that two lightsabers was clearly the shit and that all those Jedi using only one were just being pansies playing on the defensive.
>>
File: how it feels to PtL.jpg (70KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
how it feels to PtL.jpg
70KB, 1920x1080px
>>48114365
>tfw we'll never have a movie about stress tokens and Missile Boats
>>
>>48117015
I wonder if we can perform some dark ritual over on /m/ to have Otaking animate a Missile Boat short set to the Space Jam theme?
>>
>>48116835
Man, if Ventress and Obi Wan ever did actually get together, their dinner conversations must be weird as fuck

>hey remember that time I skewered a clone commander?

>yes

>oh right, you were there!
>>
>>48117015
Guld did nothing wrong! Fang a shit! Isamu best boy!
>>
File: y-wing-trench-run.jpg (101KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
y-wing-trench-run.jpg
101KB, 1280x720px
>tfw no story about Y-Wing squadron and their top secret Dambusters-esque mission against a major Empire facility that is crucial to the original trilogy but we never hear of
Fighter pilots make movies, bomber pilots make history.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qKpuYWo5La4
>>
>>48117572
>bomber pilots make history
Only if the fighter pilots kept the enemy's fighter pilots from assraping their big, slow-moving, easy target of a plane.
>>
>>48117572
>bomber pilots make history.

Well when you spend billions of dollars on Lancer Bombers, they better do something
>>
File: 52878491_p1.jpg (2MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
52878491_p1.jpg
2MB, 1920x1080px
>>48117572
>>48117590

its like when I play warthunder!

>fighter

vrooom! dakka dakka dakka! reeeeeeeeeroooooom! (repeat for several more harrowing moments)

>bomber

hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

tok tok tok tok

hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm
>>
File: Salm_helmet.jpg (273KB, 326x450px) Image search: [Google]
Salm_helmet.jpg
273KB, 326x450px
>>48117662
>>48117621
>>48117572
New Republic ain't free. The tree of democracy and the senate gotta be litterd with the blood of Y-Wings. Borsk FEY'LYA aka "Failure" is not my Cheff of State.
>>
>>48108629
+20% point cost (rounding up) when crossing factions. No mixing of upgrade cards (no Scum only crew on the Decimator, no Ruthlessness on a Gand Findsman etc...)
>>
>>48117590
>>48117621
>fighterfags mad that the attention isn't on them for once
>>
After playing x-wing for a couple of weeks I really started to love B-wings. I was thinking of running 3 B-wings but I decided to change it to this instead. Is this a decent list and what can I do to improve it?

http://geordanr.github.io/xwing/?f=Rebel%20Alliance&d=v4!s!41:106,-1,110,-1,-1:-1:-1:;47:-1,135,33:3:-1:;86:56,72:7:15:U.18&sn=Unnamed%20Squadron
>>
>>48119367
B-wings are fun. And ever since I watched this https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-XdVNqQiduQ I've been meaning to try this B-B-Hwk list out; but I don't own a second B-wing yet.

http://geordanr.github.io/xwing/?f=Rebel%20Alliance&d=v4!s!43:36,23,-1,-1:-1:-1:;48:150,135,32:-1:-1:;43:36,23,-1,-1:-1:-1:&sn=New%20Squadron
>>
>>48119367
My recommendation is to remove Calculation from Ten Numb. He's got a Mangler, that's all he needs. Give him VI so he's not predictable, and moving/shooting at 10.
>>
>>48117799
MOTHMA and Bel Iblis not Caedus and Niathal ok. Praise Bail Organa.
>>
>>48119541
>>48119987
Thanks anons!
>>
How do I make premades for an imperial game?

I know I want an Inquisitor so an FaD class for that, I was thinking of a Storm Commando (Commando), a Tactican Commander, a droid slicer, and maybe a mechanic or saboteur. Is there something I'm missing?
>>
>>48121004
A sinister droid interrogator/doctor.
>>
>>48114365
What about Gunbuster but set in Star Wars
>>
>>48116431
The Republic took over the government for five years or so promising trade and development, but then pulled out because the Tibanna deposits they were originally interested in weren't viable, causing civil war and strife.
>>
>>48119541
I had quite some fun playing Poe+Ten Numb+Stresshog against imperials, Ten Numb utterly destroys Fel and any tie gets into range of him
>>
File: SWG-light-frighter.jpg (858KB, 1500x1500px) Image search: [Google]
SWG-light-frighter.jpg
858KB, 1500x1500px
>>48091661

Been playing X-wing: Alliance that a friend gave to me. I haven't played a Star Wars sim in more than a decade.

It makes me sad, /swg/, that they will never make an X-Wing: Resistance set between VI and VII that's even more detailed, with next-gen graphics and a story that feels like one of the old Rogue Squadron books with both space and atmospheric combat.

Feels bad.
>>
>>48122754

Continued: I don't mind the new Battlefront, it's just like, it feels like that's all we're getting in terms of vidya besides app games. No more RPGs, no more action-adventure/FPS games like Jedi Knight/Dark Forces. Hell even Battlefront lacks a story, it's just movie battles of the OT.

I'd like a game built from the EU that's like, fresh and not just based directly on the movie lol.
>>
File: star wars galaxies 2 when.png (190KB, 356x496px) Image search: [Google]
star wars galaxies 2 when.png
190KB, 356x496px
>>48122754
>they will never make
Then you know what you must do.
>>
Been thinking of running a X-wing list consisting of Miranda with TLT and c3p0, two TLT Y wings and a Z95, will it be good? not sure if I want to buy another Y wing yet.
>>
File: pensive shark.jpg (32KB, 640x640px) Image search: [Google]
pensive shark.jpg
32KB, 640x640px
>>48123234
EA owns that, which is basically the nice way of saying 'fuck you, no nice things' and can turn the best of sources into complete shit

I miss Lucas Arts :(
>>
File: wing commander 4 cover.jpg (866KB, 1200x1424px) Image search: [Google]
wing commander 4 cover.jpg
866KB, 1200x1424px
>>48123469
Eh, EA is still capable of putting out the occasional good game and IIRC, their current CEO only recently rose to the position. That one yarn game made it through relatively intact and faithful to its creator's vision. That's a good sign, at least. Who knows? Maybe eventually, the old EA will come back and resurrect the halcyon days of Wing Commander, C&C, and Madden 1993. Or maybe Disney will realize that EA is doing jack shit with its exclusive rights and cancel the contract.

And it's not like LucasArts' later years were any better. TORtanic and the behind-the-scenes stories of TFU and 1313 are evidence enough of that.
>>
>>48123523

TFU was such a huge let down.

What even gave Disney the idea of giving them the license in the first place??
>>
>>48123547
>What even gave Disney the idea of giving them the license in the first place??
If you're asking about the TFU team, this was long before the EA contract.

If you're asking about EA in general, maybe EA made the best bid. Maybe Disney's contract guy just doesn't know enough about video games to realize that most of EA's money comes from sports titles (IIRC). Maybe someone at Disney is totally opposed to fun and doesn't want to see Star Wars games made by the likes of Chris Roberts, Hideo Kojima, Platinum, Atlus, ArcSys, Intelligent Systems, Scamco, or Paradox.
>>
File: empires drunkest.webm (797KB, 640x298px) Image search: [Google]
empires drunkest.webm
797KB, 640x298px
>>48123523
I was pretty pissed when they murdered the shit out of Warhammer Online, that was a real heartbreaker for an old fan of the WH Fantasy setting.

But yeah to be fair a lot of game companies screw the pooch along the way, its just that with the current technology level its a bit frustrating that we don't have any decent star wars space flight sim type of games. I'd jump all over an Xwing v TIE fighter, but even a decent space transport game could be fun as Star Citizen seems to have shit the bed and Elite D is sort of struggling to make much of itself.
>>
>>48123797
>space sims
That would require EA to cater to a niche audience. And we all know that most shareholders fucking hate anything that isn't mainstream and guaranteed to sell well.

And even if EA's Star Wars guys did suddenly remember the good old days, it would probably not devote enough funds to give it a worthwhile (or existent) single-player campaign, a good soundtrack, or the /swg/ dream cast. Especially the /swg/ dream cast. That would be ridiculously expensive.
>>
>>48123437
It's bretty gud go for it
>>
I want to get into the FFG's RPG but now that there are 3 different starter sets I am a bit confused what to get. I want to get one of the boxes since it has a dice set and I prefer to pay for that than buying the dice (it's a better deal for me because I ship to 3rd world)

Can a character created with the rules of the Edge of the Empire gain force powers later from the Force book? Or do I have to create it from that book's rules from the beginning?
>>
>>48124180
>Can a character created with the rules of the Edge of the Empire gain force powers later from the Force book?
Yes. All three books are completely compatible with one another. The only differences are in the flavor of campaign you want. EotE is for scum, villainy, and criminal shenanigans. AoR is for military stuff. FaD is for proper Jedi, with more detailed lightsaber and Force power stuff.
>>
Will X Wing ever get a 2.0 to fix all the cards (theoretically of course)?

Cause I'm getting really tired of "ship x is bad, wait for new upgrade card for fix!"
>>
>>48123523
TORtanic was half EA though. It was made by Bioware after it had been bought out by EA. Only the licensing was LucasArts.
>>
>>48124363
No ship in X-wing is bad. Some are just less competitive.
>>
>>48092660
Exar Kun isn't real any more, KEK
>>
>>48121423
That sounds cool, what would be a good spec/career combo?
>>
>>48124363
X-Wing is a living-rulebook game. Meaning there's not going to be a v2.0, unless they drastically change everything from the ground up. Look at Netrunner for an example of how FFG handles living rulesets.

Secondly, the only ship currently having massive issues, is the Scyk. Even without the Imperial Veterans kit that just came out, a Defender with no title still has a place as an imperial Heavy Laser Cannon carrier. The X-Wing does benefit from the Integrated Astro fix from the T-70, but Wes and Biggs have been tearing up the competitive circuit lately. The only sets that are pretty much needed for certain ships, are Imp Aces for Interceptors, Rebebl Aces for B and A wings, and the Raider for Tie Advanced. And only that last one is a real pain in the ass to get.
>>
>>48124753
>No ship in X-wing is bad

ok so "bad" may be too extreme, but there is definitely less competitive options. And theres lots of examples of ships that got fixes or really need fixes

Tie Defenders pre title fix

Tie Advances pre title fix

Y Wings pre TLT/Bomb Loadout fix

M3A interceptors and Kihraxz Fighters (the new Protectorate fighter is almost a middle finger to these two). Theres almost no point in taking missile/torpedo M3A interceptos.

Vanilla T65s outside their top aces, and even the T70 isn't too hot either. Plus they needed the Integrated Astromech.

The E Wing outside of "double tap Corran"

and of course all the Ordnance Ships that had to wait for "Extra Munitions", "Munitions Failsafe", "Guidance Chips", "Long Range Scanners", "Deadeye", etc.
>>
>>48125784
though Scum seem to having a bit of a power creep

Comparing the Jumpmaster to the YT2400 (outside of Outrider builds) is almost laughable

apparently in Scum, everyone gets EPT.
>>
speaking of x wing

>t70 Red Ace and Blue Ace

>HAVE ACE IN THEIR NAME

>No EPT

>meanwhile random ass nameless pirates, and a 14 year old kid have EPT

cool
>>
File: starfighters of adumar.jpg (215KB, 463x800px) Image search: [Google]
starfighters of adumar.jpg
215KB, 463x800px
>>48125888
Hobbie Klivian and Horton Salm, both Endor veterans with years of experience, are also both considered unworthy of having natural EPT slots. And the card art makes it abundantly clear that the Hobbie in XWM is from Starfighters of Adumar, after he's become one of the New Republic's most famous aces.

FFG is weird.
>>
>>48125971
well for Horton, they just hate the Y Wing

this is probably how it went when they originally made the game all those years ago (wow cant believe its a few years now)

>sooo y wings...

>yea boss?

>they're like...slow n shit right?

>yea

>so they're shit to control?

>maybe

>ok so that means no EPT since they're shit to drive!

>umm sure boss! what what about tie bombers...

>nah they're cool!
>>
>>48125856
That's a dicto simpliciter fallacy.

Yes the JM5k ended up with an EPT on all of it's pilots, and yes the Constract Scout probably shouldn't have had one, but it is not par for the course on Scum ships. The only Y with an EPT is Kavil, Rebels have the R2-D6 "fix" as a way to get it at cost of astro slot. The Mandalorian firespray pays two points for plus 2 PS and an EPT, while Emon gets skipped over. The only scyks with EPTs are the Tansari Vet, and Serissu. Only named Z-95s have EPTs, with Kaato Leachos being the cheapest scum EPT available (15pts). Only the Black Sun Ace and Talonbane have EPTs on the Khyraxxz. Bossk is the only YV-666 to have an EPT. Guri and Xizor have EPTs, and that along with the required PS for the Virago title makes the generics a rarity. Palob and Dace have EPTs, but neithet the generic HWK nor Torkul Mux have it. The generic G1-A freelancer has no EPT.

Really the only Scum ships with EPTs on their lowest end generics are the Firespray, and the Mystery Science Jumpmaster 5k. The Aggressors are void, because they are each just the same pilot with a different ability.
>>
>>48125888
Luke, and Wedge are represented as post-Yavin. Plus Luke has the whole force thing going, which in Star Wars makes you a natural starfighter pilot.

The "nameless ace" pilots tend to be a crap shoot on EPTs. Either they have an EPT and no pilot ability (generic "aces", i.e. Black Sun, Tansari Vet), they have an ability and no EPT (unique "aces" like Red Ace or Blue Ace), or they have both (Zeta Ace, Omega Ace).
>>
>>48125971
Meanwhile, Poe just HAD to get a second Pilot card upgrading him to PS9, because he wasn't disgustingly good already.
>>
>>48126082
well PS8 doesnt really fit "the Wedge" of TFA now does it?

also that title is a nice buttfuck to those tie/fo aces
>>
>>48126003
They recognized that the Y should have had some EPTs. Both Y-Wings and Tie Advanced were released and developed early in the game. The Y-Wing's lack of EPT is the primary reason why R2-D6 exists, even if it's "meh". Regardless of that, the Y-Wing has had several upgrades from Bomb Loadout, to BTL-A, to Twin Laser Turret, and to being a nasty carrier for stressbot. Whereas the Advanced got one major boost in the Raider pack, that catapulted it to awesome, the Y-Wing has benefitted from far more smaller-boost cards that have kept it alive all these waves.

It mainly just needs to be in a Rebel Veterans pack along with the E-Wing. Or the T-65.
>>
how much of a bad idea is it to run as many naked MC80 Star Cruisers as you can in Armada?

I remember playing vanilla Empire At War and finding out that fleets of nothing but star cruisers were almost unbeatable (or at least against semi dumb ai who cannot into bomber spam)
>>
>>48126198
>Or the T-65.

oh joy, MORE t65 pilots.

meanwhile z95 only has 2 named folks
>>
>>48126082
They corrected that PS error the right way, though. He has two cards, one at PS 8, and one 2pts more expensive at PS 9. The PS 8 one wants Adaptability or Veteran Instincts, otherwise he's being "disgustingly good" below the likes of Fel, Vader, Dengar, etc. So Poe needs to decide between being cheap at base PS 8, or being super expensive and free to use his EPT in other ways.

If anything, Poe was mostly a victim of "we need to release the new core set, without any information regarding this character they've told us the name of".
>>
File: mcduck.jpg (36KB, 278x253px) Image search: [Google]
mcduck.jpg
36KB, 278x253px
>>48126082
>tfw we'll never get an XJ expansion with higher PS versions of Luke, Wedge, Tycho, Hobbie, and Wes
Well, FFG had to do something to give players a reason to buy that box. Otherwise, most players would scoff at the idea of buying what is most likely a second YT-1300 and third T-70.
>>
>>48126249
Z-95 is a cannon-fodder filler ship. It doesn't need much more than two generics and two named, for either rebels or scum. And it looks like Vectored Thrusters in the Arc will end up being the last nudge the T-65 needs, provided it's cheap enough.
>>
>>48126104
>the Wedge
He spends the whole movie mopping up random mooks.
I like Poe, he's a cool character, but calling him "the Wedge" is pushing it a bit far right now, since we've never seen him against anything other than random faceless mooks.
>>
File: AT-BT.jpg (100KB, 537x514px) Image search: [Google]
AT-BT.jpg
100KB, 537x514px
I wish there was a land version of this game. I wanna have some AT-ATs and AT-ST's running around. I guess Rebels wouldn't have much though? Maybe they can have ewoks running around.
>>
>>48126278
>below the likes of Fel, Vader, Dengar
God forbid the guy whose great achievement is some fancy flying while spanking random mooks in his vastly superior fighter be ONE FUCKING POINT of PS below Darth "best star pilot in the galaxy" Vader, Soontir "Space Red Baron" Fel, and the guy who was able to give HAN FUCKING SOLO a run for his money on piloting skills.
>>
>>48126278
>If anything, Poe was mostly a victim of "we need to release the new core set, without any information regarding this character they've told us the name of".

yea theres a reason why Lego The Force Awakens just came out.

>>48126294
>Wedge
>higher PS

I dunno, someone having a natural PS10 is a little out there

Epsilon Ace doesnt count

but can we get Jedi Starfighter Wedge?

>its the A Wing, but with an Astro slot!
>>
>>48126336
>He spends the whole movie mopping up random mooks.

and in the movies, we dont see any personality in Wedge other than "I'm a gud x wing pilot"

plus the opening to TFA was literally "THE BEST PILOT IN THE RESISTANCE is going to find the map to luke skywalker!"

>>48126352
the problem with rebels is that they use ANYTHING AND EVERYTHING

so in every single last friggin video game, they get COMPLETELY BRAND NEW SHIT that would likely never reappear

Galactic Battle Gounds

Empire at War

Battlefront

all different shit from speeders to tanks
>>
>dat feel when Trandoshans are the shit scum race of the galaxy

I'm pretty sure there are more "decent" (compared to their brethren!) hutts than decent trandoshans!
>>
>>48126357
Nobody in X-Wing is natural PS 10. 8 is the most common "ace" threshold, while 9 is uncommon and reserved for Wedge, Fel, Vader, Han, Dengar, and "Dread Pirate Talonbane".

Poe's getting his much deserved 9.

Also, who the fuck else would you send on a high profile mission like that? The best you had, since Dennis Lawson didn't want a bit part? Or Bumfuck McNotimportant at PS 4?
>>
File: Rebel Dials.png (485KB, 628x724px) Image search: [Google]
Rebel Dials.png
485KB, 628x724px
I'm going to paint my rebel dials when they come in, how does this look? Spraypainting a base on them sounds like a pain in the ass, but I should probably do it for the best results.
>>
>>48126376
>and in the movies, we dont see any personality in Wedge other than "I'm a gud x wing pilot"
Yes, but we haven't seen anything else at all with Poe just yet. Wedge has additional material providing backing for getting to be PS9, as well as over FOUR DECADES of experience when he finally retires.
Poe just has "he's totally really good, take our word for it!" and not much else.
I WANT Poe to eventually be shown to be that good. But FFG is putting the cart before the horse on this, because now they've got nowhere to go with him when/if he gets even better in upcoming films.
>>
>>48125971

Got any more art like that?
>>
>>48126356
Vader flew through trenches well, and Han's big moment was flying through the most ridiculous asteroid belt ever and sending mooks to crash due to incompetencez
>>
well at least Dengar is better pilot than Boba Fett!

DENGAR IS BAE

actually I find it funny that the cartoons honestly have shit on Boba cause hes no longer the super old bounty hunter he used to be. Bossk has been in the game decades longer than him thanks to clone wars! whereas before, Fett said he was in the hunting business long before Bossk was even old enough to fight or something (bounty hunter trilogy I htink?)
>>
File: f-22-mobius.jpg (500KB, 2010x1130px) Image search: [Google]
f-22-mobius.jpg
500KB, 2010x1130px
>>48126357
>a little out there
Maybe, but the idea of flying an older, more experienced version of the Ace of Aces tickles my fancy nonetheless, especially if he comes in an XJ or StealthX.

>Jedi Starfighter
Only if we get TIE Interceptor Wedge first. Yub yub, Commander.
>>
>>48126471
That's all book background on Wedge. Poe did more to show off PS 9 skill in TFA, than Vader or Wedge did in 3 movies. Yes the books depict Wedge as a goddamned badass, and even cinema he survived two Death Star runs. And yes Vader was mopping up mooks with name-badges in a trench, but all he did was just hang about and wait for them to send another wave down his magical realm. Poe murdere the shit out of FO guys, flew two different ships of entirely different designs, and pulled some crazy ass shit at Maz' palace that was easily Solo-tier level of asteroid run.
>>
File: wraith squadron cover.jpg (176KB, 508x800px) Image search: [Google]
wraith squadron cover.jpg
176KB, 508x800px
>>48126494
Just this. The previous image is just the cover art for Starfighters of Adumar without the title--Wookieepedia probably has similar clean versions for all of the old X-Wing novel covers.
>>
>>48126558
It is more accurate to say that Lucas took a huge shit all over the EU history of Boba by making him a clone-kid in Ep 2, and now all the fan-wank for him has had to readjust.
>>
>>48126609
and thats the reason why theres so many fanfics of Poe, as compared to wedge

mostly poe and finn fucking

but fanfics nevertheless!

god damn theres also a pretty sizable amount of General Hux fanfics too.

if ANH came out today, I bet Tarkin fanfics would be pouring out like Niagara Falls!
>>
>>48126644
>implying there isn't already Tarkin fanfics
>"choke me harder, Lord Vader!"
>>
File: 1385415234940.gif (2MB, 400x225px) Image search: [Google]
1385415234940.gif
2MB, 400x225px
>this is what really happens in X wing if your ship has crew Zeb
>>
>>48126667
Vader/Tarkin ship, the Kylux of the 70's!

what would the ship name be though? Varkin? Vadin? Tarker?
>>
File: triocarlos.jpg (35KB, 500x367px) Image search: [Google]
triocarlos.jpg
35KB, 500x367px
>>48126644
>pouring out like Niagara Falls
Well, that's one way to describe the way Natasi Daala would react.
>>
>>48126685
Grand Soff Varkin has a nice ring to it.
>>
File: dark greetings.jpg (239KB, 700x1147px) Image search: [Google]
dark greetings.jpg
239KB, 700x1147px
>>48126685
If it involved the Glove, it would be called Tark Greetings.
>>
>>48126667
>implying that Tarkin isnt the dominant one

come on, just look at how much control he had over vader!
>>
My group of rebel PCs is in need of a ship and they're considering visiting the local private landing pad for the empire to steal one.

I'm curious to know which ships I could potentially have there. Lambda class shuttle seems like an obvious first choice, as does maybe a tie shuttle. It needs to be something a group of three could theoretically fly without too much trouble.
>>
File: flying death trap.jpg (18KB, 372x244px) Image search: [Google]
flying death trap.jpg
18KB, 372x244px
>>48126856
Selonian cone ship with an aftermarket hyperdrive, owned and lovingly maintained by an Imperial governor who wastes taxpayer money on his antique collection.
>>
>>48126644
> I bet Tarkin fanfics would be pouring out like Niagara Falls!

You mean all the bitches be harkin' for Tarkin?
>>
>>48126748
Yeah, Tarkin definitely was the one in control there. Vader was like Emperor's main weapon, but Tarkin was the proven commanding officer who had reached that position by being a ruthless bastard. He had command of the Death Star, and Vader was there to be the Emperor's eyes, ears, and force of will.
>>
>>48126463
the dials can look really great when painted
>>
Question, the scene we see in episode III, does that signify Anakin killing all the younglings at the temple, or is it reasonable to assume it's only some of them? With some either surrendering elsewhere to clonetroopers (in the temple), and some managing to escape with some knights/masters (to what is probably a later death/capture?) Or did Ani basicly kill all younglings at the temple?
>>
>>48128270
While he didn't personally kill every damn youngling, it does indeed signify that no prisoners were taken, yet does not imply that escape was impossible.
>>
>>48128270
I'm sure the lucky ones in the bathrooms could crawl out of the vents or whatever

but yea Vader see, Vader kill!
>>
File: Normandy_SR2_Alliance_Livery.png (1MB, 1920x698px) Image search: [Google]
Normandy_SR2_Alliance_Livery.png
1MB, 1920x698px
Post """"combat"""" and """"stealth"""" designs from other sci-fi franchises and say what they'd actually be in Star Wars. I'll start.

Personal yacht of either a Black Sun crime lord or a Moff.
>>
>>48129572
Damn thing looks too smooth for a Moff. Moff's would stick to Imperial lines to keep credit with the court.
>>
>>48129726
Well both Sheev and Vader used Naboo Royal Starships as their limos but that's the Galactic Emperor and the commander-in-chief, so you're probably right.
>>
>>48129572
That's clearly a Naboo shipyards N-7 Corvette. They started production towards the end of the Clone Wars and only ever made three of the things, and had a hard time finding buyers. Partially because they cost five times as much as a Corellian Corvette and had only slightly more firepower, and partially because all the spare parts had to be custom made. I hear they were fun as hell to fly though.
>>
>>48129925
Now I'm imagining Theed Palace Corps trying to compete with CEC but fail miserably as their flashy ships only get bought up by ponce Naboo nobles.
>>
File: Carrion_Spike.png (319KB, 1091x520px) Image search: [Google]
Carrion_Spike.png
319KB, 1091x520px
>>48129837
Here's Tarkin's personal corvette. Sienar Fleet Systems' best.
>>
>>48130020
Is that the canon illustration? I personally just thought it was a Raider corvette with a stealth device.

>>48129837
>>48129925
>>48129981
Even Naboo only did finishing touches and licensed reproductions of Nubian ships, and Nubia's a former Cornelius colony.
>>
>>48130319
Yes. It WAS designed based off the Republic's prototype stealth ship, after all.
>>
>>48130348
I didn't know it would look so overly similar.

I liked my imagining of it better.
>>
File: 1701D.jpg (38KB, 960x449px) Image search: [Google]
1701D.jpg
38KB, 960x449px
>>48129726
>>48129925
>>48130319
>>48130348
Okay, next. This one is pretty hard mode.
>>
File: Weequay_saucer_craft.jpg (27KB, 520x394px) Image search: [Google]
Weequay_saucer_craft.jpg
27KB, 520x394px
>>48130632
Looks like Haor Chall Engineering is trying to build a cargo vessel. Not sure if it'll sell better than established ships like the Wayfarer or GR-75, but it's nice to see some design variation in the market.
>>
File: Vincent-2750.gif (12KB, 400x173px) Image search: [Google]
Vincent-2750.gif
12KB, 400x173px
>>48129572
>>
https://www.fantasyflightgames.com/en/news/2016/7/5/endless-vigil/

So, Sentinels next. New specs are Investigator (something I personally expected), Racer and Sentry, which sounds like it makes you batman.

Because apparently Sentinels are Batman.
>>
>>48130977
A new CEC-Rendili collaborative work? Self-manned transport corvette?
>>
Are the Korunnai still canon?

I was gonna request someone to draw muh OC, but I don't want to if I have to describe him as a "black guy". That just sounds shitty when describing a fantasy character.
>>
>>48131388
according to da wook, they aren't, no
>>
>>48123940
It feels weird saying it, but I think Ubisoft wouldn't be too bad for Star War.

If only to resurrect the ghost of Far Cry 2 and 1313
>>
>>48130977
A fast light frigate, maybe old?
>>
File: d6.jpg (771KB, 1270x1662px) Image search: [Google]
d6.jpg
771KB, 1270x1662px
Can anybody tell me about the different editions of pic related? I've heard that the last printed edition got kinda grognardy with adversarial GM advice - is that true?
>>
>>48131015
Oh, it's more than that, anon

>Investigator
Detective mode Batman
>Racer
If it has Signature Vehicle, it's Batman with the Batmobile
>Sentry
Straight up Batman

Also Luke is a Sentinel, apparently?
I always saw him more as a Warrior (shii cho knight)
>>
>>48131501
>It feels weird saying it, but I think Ubisoft wouldn't be too bad for Star War.

enjoy yearly shitty Assassin Creed in star wars games

although Rainbow 6 Siege in star wars would be baller
>>
>>48132225
>Implying I don't want Trials: Super Bombad Racing Edition
>>
File: This is my fetish.gif (832KB, 290x188px) Image search: [Google]
This is my fetish.gif
832KB, 290x188px
>>48132518

>We get a Lightsaber Duelling system that uses For Honor's combat engine
>>
File: idwNii2.jpg (1MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
idwNii2.jpg
1MB, 1920x1080px
Overall, how is the quality of the source books for FFG Star Wars RPG?
>>
>>48132877
I enjoy them, though I sometimes feel they can be a bit light on crunch, though that is a criticism of most FFG splats.
>>
>>48132877
I think they're pretty good, although some of the class specialization ones can occasionally feel like you're not actually getting all that much new stuff. You can check them out yourself- there is a pastebin link in the OP that includes downloads for all the PDFs
>>
File: rogue spear.jpg (425KB, 1600x1822px) Image search: [Google]
rogue spear.jpg
425KB, 1600x1822px
>>48132225
>Rainbow 6 Siege
>Not going full operator and calling back to the good old days of the Tom Clancy franchise
>>
Are rebel z 95 headhunters good for swarm? I was thinking about buying 4 or should I wait for the new ships instead?
>>
So I was thinking of creating a campaign using FaD, and started watching some videos on YouTube. This guy is saying I'll need two sets of the custom dice per player?? Is that really necessary? My group would be 4 players, maybe on occasion 5 max.
>>
>>48135035
>per player
I would say no. That's just plain silly. Does this guy force his players to bring and roll their own dice during each session or something?
>>
>>48135003
>Are rebel z 95 headhunters good for swarm?
Very.
>>
File: The Courtship of Princess Leia.jpg (58KB, 400x589px) Image search: [Google]
The Courtship of Princess Leia.jpg
58KB, 400x589px
I don't care what anybody says, The Courtship of Princess Leia is goddamn fun.

The fabulously wealthy and isolationist Hapans arrive at the New Republic looking to negotiate a treaty with them that literally hinges on the marriage between Princess Leia Organa and Prince "Space Fabio" Isolder. A jealous Han Solo, stressed the fuck out from months of campaigning against Warlord Zinj and flush off of winning his own planet in a high stakes game of Sabacc.

Desperate to prove his love to her after a bunch of heated arguments, Han kidnaps Leia and takes her to his new planet: Dathomir, which is blockaded by Zinj's fleet and is home to amazonian Force users who ride on rancors.

Meanwhile, Luke Skywalker and Space Fabio chase off after them, and get captured by one of the Dathomiri witches, Teneniel Djo, who wants to make Luke her mate. Because Luke couldn't keep a redhead away from him if he tried.

Aside from the entire plot revolving around the conceit of a love triangle being possible between Han, Leia and somebody else (which is somewhat weak, especially since we already knew Han & Leia got married and had kids in Legends) the rest of the book is incredibly fun.

The worldbuilding is fantastic, with Wolverton adding details to Coruscant's many city levels, and the Hapans and Dathomiri are two complex and interesting matriarchies without going into "THEY'RE SO PERFECT YAY!!"

Luke mostly takes a back seat here, focusing on searching for Jedi lore and playing Wise Mystic/facilitator, but he pulls off some crazy Force Bullshit like mentally flying the Falcon in a battle, bringing down Isolder's fighter safely along with himself, etc

Gethzerion and the Nightsisters are fantastic and disturbing villains.

Zinj is...treated as a background threat. He's slightly buffoonish, but not really, since he's barely on screen.

Recommended tier, but not TOP tier.

Kiss my Wookiee!
>>
>>48135176
>The Courtship of Princess Leia is goddamn fun.
That's, pretty much the consensus in this general, anon.
It's stupid, but it's a fun kind of stupid that never takes itself too seriously.
>>
>>48135110
I see. Well then is 4 good? I doubt anyone runs them naked right?
>>
>>48135196
I wouldn't even say that its stupid. Goofy and Insane, yes, but it follows its internal logic reasonably well. The marriage of Han Solo to Princess Leia would HAVE to be a colossal shitshow involving at least two diplomatic incidents and a dead Imperial warlord because that's how reckless and stupid Han can be.

Then again, according to the Wook, Lucas was so pleased with the book that he wrote Wolverton a nice letter, so maybe it is kind of stupid.

It also might explain why the Nightsisters get used so much in pre-wipe materials (and Clone Wars)
>>
>>48135035
This >>48135103 anon is right
Really you can use just one dice rolling application for all five people.
>>
>>48135176
Solo! What a man Solo!
>>
>>48135288
>Then again, according to the Wook, Lucas was so pleased with the book that he wrote Wolverton a nice letter, so maybe it is kind of stupid.
Keep in mind that Lucas' greatest failings (dumb dialogue and a lack of skill at directing actors), are weaknesses he is aware of and has acknowledged rather often.
>>
So, out of curiosity, has anybody run an X-Wing "garbage league" where its nothing but the lowest skill generic pilots and no upgrades?

Is it any fun?
>>
>>48135532
My local league last week had an under-powered generics themed game for the second round which was fantastic, everyone had a lot of fun with it. Basic rules were no named pilots and staple "good" ships like T-70's, Tie Advanced/Inquisitor's and JM5K were excluded from play. It was good to see so many people using Firesprays and B-Wings again, and several squads were both wacky and surprisingly effective.
>>
>>48136296
This is the actual rules for clarity:

Underpowered Generic Lists
- Can only pick generic pilots (no unique pilots) from this list for a 100 point list:
Rebel:
• E-Wing
• X-Wing (T-65)
• HWK
• YT-1300
• YT-2400
• B-Wings
Imperial:
• Firespray
• TIE Punisher
• TIE Phantom
• TIE Interceptors
• TIE Defender (no titles allowed)
• TIE Bomber (no titles allowed)
Scum:
• Star Viper
• Scyk
• Firespray
• HWK
• Khiraxz
• G1-A Mist Hunter
>>
File: Dutch & Salm.png (52KB, 916x363px) Image search: [Google]
Dutch & Salm.png
52KB, 916x363px
So I'm just messing around with weird build ideas and don't really know what I'm doing...
>>48136414
Neat, sounds like a good time.
>>
Whats the difference between a Storm Commando and Imperial commando?
>>
>>48135532
tie fighter and z95 horde is a semi viable tactic

naked b wings are pretty good too
>>
>>48137319

Equipment.

And Stormtrooper Corps are seperate from Imperial Army (at least in Legends).
>>
>>48105508
Oh, I was wondering why the EU books said that Z-95s had swing-wings and greater maneuverability. I assumed they just had X-wing style wings that folded up and down.
>>
Whats a good race for Mechanics in FFG? I'm trying to make a Droid Tech/Slicer and I really don't want to go human or droid for it.
>>
>>48138648
Verpine.

Motherfucking Verpine.
>>
>>48135176
It's great. It reminds me of a time where powerful female characters were portrayed well instead of being Mary Sues.

Hapes is far from a Mary Sue society as some here claim. Their tech is old, their best ships are Imperial Frigate-sized at best. The only good thing they have is ion cannons and a naturally well defended Cluster.

And while it's women in charge, it's a land of constant backstabbing and political corruption. They even have special guns designed specifically for their political backstabbing nature.
>>
>>48139096
>Hapes is far from a Mary Sue society as some here claim. Their tech is old, their best ships are Imperial Frigate-sized at best.
Eh? They weren't THAT small, the full battle dragons were relatively large. At least cruisers.

>>48135288
Han's use of the mind control gun was pretty stupid and vaguely OOC. But it was otherwise a pretty good book.
>>
>>48139096
>powerful female characters were portrayed well instead of being Mary Sues

Fuck yeah using the meaningless term Mary Sue instead of giving an example of how the characters in the book were good, or how all female characters now are shit apparently
>>
>>48135176
>>48135196
>>48135288
Courtship was one of the first Star Wars book i read, after the YJK novels and the Thrawn Trilogy and thus it has a special place in my heart. I read it back when i was a teenager and in the middle of a huge unanswered crush to a girl who was in love with another guy, so i felt could really identify with Han when he goes all desperate for Leia. That plus more background on the family of my waifu Tenel Ka and that book has a solid place in my top Star Wars books list
>>
>>48139159
500 meters. It's under the size of a Dreadnaught-class heavy cruiser. Your standard New Republic and Imperial ships are at all over 1000 meters in length.

>>48139242
But I did. Their society is based on constant backstabbing, the characters actually have flaws and can't solo an army of Stormtroopers. Rey from Episode 7 solo'd an army, literally everything went well for her and apparently can use the Force and a lightsaber with ease despite never having wielded one before.

>but muh Revan??

Revan didn't start out being epic with a lightsaber nor Force Powers even when there were situations he could use them. He only started getting good again once he retook Jedi training on Dantooine. Before that he was a standard non-Force User.
>>
>>48139321
True, but it's bigger than say a Carrack light cruiser.
>>
>>48139293
I read this book when I was like eight And the Callista stuff and a bunch of other Bantam EU and it's one of the few that's held up for me now that I'm in my mid-twenties.

Wish I could say the same for a lot of books I've read over the years. Looking at you, Redemption of Althalus
>>
>>48135176
It was a fairly 'influential' kind of book in a lot of ways, heaps of material from it seemed to cycle around in both EU, RPG's and even into the Clone Wars (TV) show.
>>
>>48139479
The Jedi Academy Trilogy was also "Influential," but it's among the most reviled sets of books next to Crystal Star and Planet of Twilight.

Courtship was not just influential, but also quite good.
>>
>>48139531
>The Jedi Academy Trilogy
I think as an overall idea it wasn't too bad, there was some decent things in there- once you put aside the Suncrusher, Kyp going full retard and Daala being always incompetent

Did like the fact that the Imps had super-secret bases all over the place full of extreme space toys, prototypes and stuff. But KJA lacks subtlety and depth in his character developments, they just sort of rebar you over the head with angst, hard done by and failure constantly. Which just sort of makes them annoying more than interesting.
>>
What's with the meme that the HWK-290 is apparently a piece of shit? It was designed for richfags like happy merchant men as opposed to the YT-series which were clearly for truckers.
>>
>>48135205

They most certainly do. 48 points for 4 leaves you with 52 to put on something fat and crazy like Super Dash or Han, or these days a Ghost.

http://geordanr.github.io/xwing/?f=Rebel%20Alliance&d=v4!s!64:-1:-1:-1:;64:-1:-1:-1:;64:-1:-1:-1:;64:-1:-1:-1:;156:107,120,-1,136,38,38:-1:25:&sn=Unnamed%20Squadron

for example

http://geordanr.github.io/xwing/?f=Rebel%20Alliance&d=v4!s!64:-1:-1:-1:;64:-1:-1:-1:;64:-1:-1:-1:;64:-1:-1:-1:;95:18,110,-1,74:14:-1:&sn=Unnamed%20Squadron

is another, although not great as Dash without HLC isn't all that great. You could drop Kyle Katarn I suppose.

Well you get the idea.
>>
File: disgustedotter.jpg (9KB, 214x236px) Image search: [Google]
disgustedotter.jpg
9KB, 214x236px
>>48141368
>Mangler
>>
>>48141385

Well take out Kyle then.
>>
>>48130977
anti-fighter corvette
>>
>>48141284
>It was designed for richfags
So was the DeLorean DMC 12 (sticker price of $25,000 in 1981, that's round about $65,000 in modern money), but it was still a piece of fucking shit. Cool looks, a distinct charm, but a shitbox of a vehicle.
>>
File: general madine.jpg (143KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
general madine.jpg
143KB, 1024x768px
>>48142730
So the HWK-290's the Delorean? Never looked at it that way. Does that make the YT-1300 the Dodge Charger?
>>
>>48141284

Moldy Crow didn't look so flash when Kyle first meets it to have a Millennium Falcon moment, ergo all HWK-290s are garbage. Begin meme-ing.
>>
File: truck.jpg (433KB, 1735x1152px) Image search: [Google]
truck.jpg
433KB, 1735x1152px
>>48142870
The YTs are trucks, space trucks
captcha telling me to select trucks
>>
>>48142987
The Delorean seems like the perfect fit for the HWK-290 now that I look at it though. Same half-sleek half-blocky 80s look. Its even got those giant engines on the back off of the Back to the Future version.
>>
>>48142730
Think they're actually making the damn fool things again in Texas or somewhere
Neighbour of mine had one a few years ago, old fella that used to do up MG sports cars as well- which are also complete shitboxes once you get to know them. Helped him over a weekend knocking pin-dents out of the crazy arse doors on it, 304 is crazy tough steel and getting the finish correct was a nightmare.
>>
>>48131452
Then should I just remake my character? I could probably swing for a Miraluka or Echani background if I tweaked it enough.

I'd prefer to not go full xeno though.
>>
>>48143216
>Think they're actually making the damn fool things again in Texas or somewhere
I'd buy one. I have a deep, abiding love of interesting failures in automotive design.
>>
File: Pontiac-Aztek7.jpg (271KB, 1280x863px) Image search: [Google]
Pontiac-Aztek7.jpg
271KB, 1280x863px
>>48143361
YV-929 of cars

Yeah, the look is cool as is the overall chassis design. Hopefully in the new ones they'd use a driveline that wasn't made of cheese, give it a steering radius smaller than an oil tankers turning circle and an engine that is slower than pensioners fucking
>>
File: Visas_and_HK.jpg (269KB, 500x480px) Image search: [Google]
Visas_and_HK.jpg
269KB, 500x480px
>>48143313
I don't see the problem in him being a non-canon species?

Are you using him in a campaign or something? Because FFG's RPGs are all set in Legends, with all their fluff.
>>
Does it worth getting a box set instead of just the dice in terms of money for FFG RPG?
>>
>>48143216
>>48143361
So would a bunch of hipster Corellians be making HWK-290s on Talus?
>>
>>48143437
Oh, I thought characters would need to be canon after the Disney wipe. Does the wipe effect any of the games? Does anything from the games affect canon?

And I guess I'll just keep him as a Korun if it doesn't matter.
>>
File: FemaleChissEntertheUnknown.jpg (49KB, 324x716px) Image search: [Google]
FemaleChissEntertheUnknown.jpg
49KB, 324x716px
>>48143537
The wipe doesn't affect the game at all, they've been releasing supplements and the like with old Legends species and ideas.

Ask your GM if you're gonna adhere to disney canon or not, just to be safe.
>>
I started up Heroes of the Aturi Cluster with some bros yesterday. Damn, that shit is dope.
>>
File: guardian.png (1MB, 933x694px) Image search: [Google]
guardian.png
1MB, 933x694px
>>48143570
That's probably a good idea too. But it kinda sucks that legends material being present in new games doesn't affect canon at all.

I-I also based my Korun Jedi on my swtor character.

Not that it matters now. Reality slapped me in that face and got me to stop playing that shitty game.
>>
>>48143667
>Be me.
>Living on Coruscant as a NEET
>Spend my days watching Sullustan animes, playing Twi'lek dating sims, and flight simulator holos
>Get "selected" to join the Academy
>They reference my amazing performance on flight sims
>I later learn that the Empire monitors holo use and drafts useless NEETs like me. Thankfully they never found my collection of Gamorrean porn

>Meet a qt grill at the Academy.
>Too beta to do anything
>Great at fighter sims since I just focus on the mission and game the AI
>Die almost every time, but instructors praise me for my devotion to the Empire
>Save qt in a sim mission
>She starts talking to me
>Still too beta, fall into beta orbit
>Such is life in the Academy
>>
>>48144148
>qt invites me to her room late at night
>ohshititsfinallyhappening
>confides in me that she is joining the rebellion and wants me to help her
>okay.jpg

>She tells me to meet her at hangar 6 at 0200
>Can't resist urge to fap
>Fall asleep abs wake up at 0145
>Rush to hangar bay
>There she is, with a honest to God rebel crew coming to pick her up
>Hear footsteps behind me
>Panic and jam the door shut
>She pulls out a blaster and kills the rebel leader
>She's a fucking ISB agent
>Without her backup, Rebels gun her down
>Find me, thank me for my quick thinking
>I was just trying to get away from crazy situation
>They offer to take me with them
>ISB qt probably already reported me, so I have no choice
>mfw I'm a Rebel now
>>
>>48144148
>the Empire monitors holo use and drafts useless NEETs like me
I think you may have wandered into the wrong space opera there, anon.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4lN4Pcl_iEY
>>
>>48144235
>Rebels ask me for intel, tell them I'm an Academy Instructor
>They're on a mission to rescue the Aturi cluster, looking for pilots and information
>Their only experienced pilot was the git who got killed
>A bunch of scrubs and I have to liberate a whole cluster of systems
>mfw they name me squad leader for my knowledge of imperial combat doctrine and flight experience
>mfw I've never flown a ship before
>>
>>48144271
It's not because I was particularly good at them, they just wanted a way to get more expendable idiots to die in a tie fighter and. A NEET's vidya of choice determined what role the Empire wanted him for.
>>
>>48126463
So with these things, what do you guys use to pop off the old dials? I don't want to damage them
>>
>>48144449
The Empire has the entire galaxy to recruit from. A million inhabited systems. Why bother with NEETs when they have almost as much manpower as the 40k IG?
>>
>>48144522

Why NOT bother with NEETS tho? I mean, those cannon fodder ranks aren't just gonna fill themselves you know.
>>
>>48144271
>The Last Starfighter
Mah Grigga.
>>
What exactly happens in the Empire in the aftermath of the battle of yavin (once word spreads). I understand some systems declare independence/revolt against the Empire, but besides such a blunt expression of rebellion, what else goes down? Attempted coup in the Palace? A rise in imperials going rogue or defecting to the Rebellion?
>>
>>48104696

The Core set is $60 on Amazon right now, however I will say that I still like supporting my FLGS and buying from them occasionally.
>>
>>48144388
>We get to our ships
>I have an fucking X-Wing, holy shit
>Gamorrean picks a Y-Wing, Correllian picks an X
>Meet my astromech, R5-B8
>Looks ancient, but acts like a hyperactive 2 year old, always moving
>Y-Wing has a twin laser turret, X has an engine upgrade
>We go on our first mission

>Just have to clear out an Imperial patrol
>4 ties, flying like proper academy scrubs
>Too busy trying to get kills, they get in each other's way and generally fail miserably
>I'm flying an actual ship with real firepower and defenses, shields absorb my fuckups
>Y lays down covering fire, I bring uo the rear and order the other X into position to kill them off.
>He's a cocky jock asshole
>Piggie gets ganged up on and shot down, ejects safely, and we mop up

The Aturi Cluster co op campaign is just a bunch of missions with a loose story, but I like embellishing with my own story.

The game itself is a blast. Really reminds me of the old X-Wing vs TIE Fighter games.
>>
File: top gun viper and jester.jpg (67KB, 720x540px) Image search: [Google]
top gun viper and jester.jpg
67KB, 720x540px
>>48144557
>Cannon fodder
Conscripted cannon fodder don't merit a cushy academy slot, officer pay, or flight school. Especially not the ones who haven't logged any actual, practical flight experience.
>>
>>48144871
I'm realy hoping my LGS will start playing it. Although I'd really like to fly some of the Scum ships, like the Khyraxxz or Starviper.
>>
>>48144148
>Be qt grill referenced
>Really mad that anon won't make a move
>Own several pairs of binders
>Anon, you're going to make a move if I have to tie you down

Yes, I ignored the rest of the story
>>
>>48145161
Take this greasy shit over to /aco/ m8
>>
File: YxMl2QM.gif (911KB, 245x232px) Image search: [Google]
YxMl2QM.gif
911KB, 245x232px
>>
File: jDljr79.gif (700KB, 245x232px) Image search: [Google]
jDljr79.gif
700KB, 245x232px
>>48145788
>>
File: Avengers Quip Humor.png (951KB, 927x852px) Image search: [Google]
Avengers Quip Humor.png
951KB, 927x852px
>>
>>48145318
>have crush on qt rebel grill
>on sabotage mission in star destroyer together
>spaghetti in pants, whole time
>crawling through access spaces between decks
>she slips and falls into trash hold
>a wild dianoga appears
>I've seen enough hentai to know where this is going...
>>
>>48143504
Only if someone made an extremely popular movie trilogy featuring a highly modified HWK as a time machine.
>>
>>48146327
[Back to the Future DeLorean sound effect]
[HWK-290 with strange modifications lands and Luke Skywalker steps out (now Mark Hamill, not young Hamill)]
>Ben, we've gotta go Back, Ben!
>>
File: obi-wan_kenobi-skirmish.png (219KB, 300x465px) Image search: [Google]
obi-wan_kenobi-skirmish.png
219KB, 300x465px
Imperial Assault is getting some really aggressively priced uniques in the coming mini-wave. Between his defense and health, Obi-Wan is really tough for his price. Plus, he has a really good attack with strong surge abilities, and on certain missions or against certain enemies, Alter Mind can be a game-changer.

Greedo is an intriguing filler for mercenaries, great against melee attackers and above average at grabbing objectives thanks to his good speed and health for his cost. And with the hunter and smuggler traits, he gets access to a really good pool of command cards.

The Inquisitor, I think, will be almost too good for his cost. He has a good attack, and he has different surge abilities for every occasion: piece 3 against heavily armored figures, -1 dodge against elusive figures, and cleave 3 against trooper spam. He has good speed and can throw his lightsaber (while still having access to all his surge abilities). On top of all that, he has as much health as an AT-ST, 1 less than Darth Vader.
>>
>>48143502
Only if the adventure/simplified rules/maps/tokens are worth it to you. If you don't care about any of them, then you're just wasting $10+ as opposed to just getting the dice, assuming your country isn't experiencing a dice shortage. But the Beginner Games are good and I recommend them.
>>
>>48146327
>>48146434
What? No one's gonna make an actual campaign on this? A HWK-290 has enough room for a crew.
>>
>>48147109
I'd prefer to treat it as a trilogy of Holodramas titled "Return from the Past" about an cranky old droid scientist who builds a time machine out of a Hwk-290 and accidentally sends his human assistant back in time. Maybe Garik Loran had a bit part as a child with a repulsor scooter.

Maybe a group of smugglers/outlaws get hired to steal the ship used during filming for a memorabilia collector. Or if the holo is still in production they can be hired as security/to sabotage the whole thing.
>>
>>48091661
Hey /swg/ can i get some feed back on optimizing a warship I was planning on designing for an RP with my friends who are building up the 'rebel' alliance if you can call it that?

We're taking a base of Lucrehulk-class_battleship and upgrading it with stolen blue prints for the Imperial II-Class star destroyer, Then we're slapping it through the RnD Lab's at Mandalore and Corellia for even more juicy engines/reactors and Guns/armor.

Does this sound like a horrible idea or a great idea for fleet ship?
>>
>>48147417
>Maybe Garik Loran had a bit part as a child with a repulsor scooter.
Nah, Face's work was all imperial propoganda holos.
>>
>>48147417
I'd have the "Return from the Past II" holodrama sequel set in 40s ABY, after the whole Caedus, Abeloth etc stuff so the surprise future tech would be Yuuzhan Vong biotech rebuilding say.. Coruscant. Then the alternate evil timeline can be The Force Awakens that they have to prevent.

You could even have Hux as a skinhead gang leader they encounter on Coruscant attacking Vong repairs and even Jagged's Empire doesn't want him, then in alt-40 ABY you get him as he is in the film, a high up General in a neo-nazi resurgent version of the Empire known as the First Order.

Part III would obviously be set in Rakata times. They have to hijack a large Rakatan freighter and tractor beam the HWK-290 to 88 Megalights per hour, Space Doc falls in love with a Sith pureblood slave.
>>
New thread?
>>
>>48145879
>>
NEW THREAD:

>>48148464
>>48148464
>>48148464
Thread posts: 318
Thread images: 70

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.