[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Infinity General: Lethal ASSassin Edition

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 327
Thread images: 36

File: 1467321281843.png (930KB, 1263x651px) Image search: [Google]
1467321281843.png
930KB, 1263x651px
Infinity is a 28mm scale skirmish game by Corvus Belli where I make butt puns in the thread title because I have no taste or standards.

>All the rules are for free. Buying the books is only relevant for fluff:
http://www.infinitythegame.com/archive.php

>Provisional Catalog where you can look at pretty pictures of the miniatures you're thinking of getting:
http://www.infinitythegame.com/catalogue/

>Rules wiki:
http://wiki.infinitythegame.com/en/Main_Page

>New Official Army Builder:
https://army.infinitythegame.com/

>Token Generator:
http://inf-dice.ghostlords.com/markers/

>N3 Hacker Helper:
http://www.captainspud.com/n3hacking/

>N3 Reverse Index Web App (a bit outdated as of HSN3 but still a bit viable to look at)
http://n3index.bastian-dornauf.de/

>Batreps:
http://www.youtube.com/#/playlist?list=PLzrPO7KIAtwXlOUh545nq21WQaW7YxuGc

>Terrain:
http://pastebin.com/Hy9SRkmJ

>Faction Rundown:
http://www.mediafire.com/view/mqaaf5fosmti5b4/Infinity_Faction_Rundown_v.1.3.rtf

>All Consolidated Rules:
https://www.mediafire.com/?xm5aqb4sdx4g446

>Operation Icestorm Scan (beginner missions)
https://mega.nz/#!AkkG0ZZA!CE-YzCWIWVROcSnnlkZI8SMWxWoNb1LkFbWI-LamYR8

>The Economically Questionable RPG Kickstarter
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/modiphius/corvus-bellis-infinity-roleplaying-game

>The Actual Faction Poll
http://strawpoll.me/5146634

>Scans (More Needed):
http://www.mediafire.com/download/a6nel34mw0la3bb/Infinity+1st+edition+Rulebook.pdf
http://www.mediafire.com/download/wd3pbtpjp5w9dig/Infinity+-+Corvus+Belli+S.L.L.+-+Human+Sphere.pdf

>Character Creation
http://infinity.modiphiusapps.hostinguk.org/

Previous Thread: >>48015401
>>
File: Op_RV.jpg (290KB, 1280x722px) Image search: [Google]
Op_RV.jpg
290KB, 1280x722px
So, Operation Red Veil > Operation Icestorm?
>>
>>48057597
I'd say so, but they could have spent a bit more time on the name.

>it's called red veil
>because there's a guy with a red veil in it
>>
>>48057597
Yes, because Pan0 and Gonads are both shit factions.
>>
>>48057597

It's like a natural evolution of O:I

I really hope it helps ivigorate Haqqq and Yu Jing the same way it did Nomads and PanO
>>
>>48057626
I like the name red veil. It manages to be evocative of both factions and violence all at the same time.
>>
File: Haqq_starter.jpg (273KB, 1280x722px) Image search: [Google]
Haqq_starter.jpg
273KB, 1280x722px
I think Haqq wins though lol.
>>
>>48057726
>evocative of both factions and violence
it should be called fried kebab
>>
Alright, I am getting into this game. How are the Onxy Contact Force as an army?

I thought their models looked pretty dope. How do they play compared to other forces?

Thanks for any help.
>>
>>48057281
>be low rank but efficient Agent
>love blooms on the black ops
>tfw your Ninja gf doesn't exist officially
>tfw you can only mention her job at all on scummy Arachne boards
>tfw you have to go to state dinners and pretend to be an eccentric bachelor who somehow neither has an interest in painted whores nor a family-making wife
>tfw you cannot be a model servant of the Emperor in public and a virtuous man in private
>that fucking ass though
>>
>>48057773
Highly mobile attack units supported by big guns. Good link team options. Misses out on a lot of good CA units though. If you want to start with Onyx, I'd recommend the CA starter pack.
>>
>>48057597
Yes, and considering it'll be the same price as the Onyx Contact force (same number of figures) getting it from GameNerdz with free shipping at $70 is going to be awesome. I'll need to pick up the new Naffatun as well. Finally get to start Al Medinat despite the lack of Sectorial rules.

>>48055178
There was still rumours of Al Medinat getting a super fast (6-4) bio tech troop and getting a huge "gorilla/Ajax sized" HI. Which seems like CB decided to finally I something with the kind of bland and somewhat useless Ahl Fassed. I'm pleased with that. Hoping for more bio tech troops as well. If not some more troops with the best tech Haqq/Al Medinat has to offer.

Regen LI with MSV 1 and Biometric L2 Visor would be cool. Along with a madTrap profile.

Anyone else loving that new Khawarij?
>>
>>48057871
Just get the Onyx Army pack, it has shit you'd buy anyway and at a discount.
>>
>>48057871
CA Starter is in the Onyx box...
>>
Next miniature market sale when?
>>
>>48058772
September
Seems to be a quarterly thing.
>>
>>48058772
It's all about the Gamenerdz m8.
>>
>>48058896
Gamenerdz is for stuff I need
Miniature market sales are for things I didn't know I needed.
>>
>>48057739
Zhayedan looks majorly badass. I'm glad, the basic Breaker Rifle profile's pretty good.
>>
>>48057822
The pain is real.
>>
File: knight_by_mothmandraws-d7ig161.jpg (4MB, 5906x2362px) Image search: [Google]
knight_by_mothmandraws-d7ig161.jpg
4MB, 5906x2362px
>>48057773
Awesome.

Unidrons are amazing line troopers, FO, dogged and plasma is awesome for 15 points.

Nexus hacker Lt every time.

Double Noctifiers every time.

Dr Worm is great, and they have really solid TAGs.

I love Onyx.
>>
>>48058182
Second this.
>>
>>48059151
Don't forget to mention that they're also remotes and can but buffed with hacking programs. Multiple states of unconscious also gives you more chances to dogged.
>>
>>48059424
be*
>>
>>48057597
Is that another Boarding Shotgun Tiger Soldier?
>>
>>48059813
Nope. It's a hacker with a combi.
>>
>>48059860
I can't get a good view underneath to see the magazine or the barrels, but I am telling you it looks a lot like the BS.
>>
>>48059969
There are multiple pictures and even an article on Corvus Belli's website that says it's a Combi Hacker.
>>
>>48059969
It looks a lot like the BSG because YJ combi rifles multi rifles and boarding shotguns look very similar from above.
>>
>>48060054
That video literally was just posted lol.

Glad I finally get the Combi Rifle+ LFT profile. Now I'll have all the new Tigers.

The nice thing about Red Veil is that they both display the strengths of their faction. Yu Jing has two HI, one of their solid MI, and a SK. Haqq having it's stronger LI presence with the Khawarij and Zhayedan along with their excellent SK the Tuareg.

They both seem to be balanced as CB said. Though I think the Haqq player is going to have a bit higher of a learning curve with properly using the Khawarij.

If that Al Fasid does get Mech Deployment with Mines and that heavy duty HMG+LGL... [heavy breathing]
>>
File: BJ.png (360KB, 597x720px) Image search: [Google]
BJ.png
360KB, 597x720px
>>48060281
Mech deploy grenade launcher is awesome.

Ironic that it is a fantastic way to remove kebab.
>>
File: YJ_starter.jpg (280KB, 1280x722px) Image search: [Google]
YJ_starter.jpg
280KB, 1280x722px
>>48059860
Man, now I will have 3 Tigers lol.
>>
It's not mech deploy.
It's Hmg+LGL (with normal and smoke)
Heavy pistol
Mines and minelayer skill.
>>
>>48057597
Unambiguously. No model as low-use as the Grenzer sniper. Non shit female poses. Sword dude has at least also packed his gun. Greater differentiation of factions. Heavy weapons that are not sniper rifles.

And hell, Icestorm was still a great deal.
>>
>>48060758
Christ, that's a lot of versatility. Is this fucker secretly a megazord made out of Muyibs or something?
>>
>>48060758
Where's those Al Fasid spoilers coming from?
Smoke LGL & Minelayer is a massive toolbox on an HMG HI!
>>
>>48057871
>>48059151
It's worth bearing in mind what you trade for that. Vanilla CA and Morats can more or less ignore the loss of Lt rule. Onyx don't, and the wave of remotes means your opponent knows who to hunt. You get some amazing elites, but miss out on some useful midprice filler units. No smoke game of any sort and a tendency to be very reliant on your core link team.

All the positives mentioned very much apply. Vanilla CA is all-round. Onyx are lesso
>>
>>48060758
Yeah, I don't know where you are getting your info from. It would have specifically stated on the Dossier if it was a Smoke LGL. Considering there is no Visor in the force at all, that would not be the smartest thing to do when the opposing side was given a Hsien.
>>
>>48060940
Some people were able to watch the Beast of War videos where they talked about his new profile before they were fixed to be private. He also apparently has Veteran Lvl 1.
>>
The spoilers are from the bow videos.
They are 100% accurate.
Also, yes, a megazord of muyibs is a fitting description.
>>
>>48060993
Man, I'm guessing 60-70 points for all that?

Glad he is so differentiated from Azrail.
>>
I'm guessing more like 50 points 2-3 swc
If it were that much, it would be comparable to the YanHuo
>>
Also, don't forget, silhouette 5 is generally a disadvantage.
>>
>>48061059
Azrail is 40, and this guy has way more special rules and I'm guessing better stats.

~55 seems reasonable.
>>
Am I the only one super pleased that Disney Infinity is going bye-bye?

Gone will be the days when 90% of the Google search results for "Infinity the Game" are Disney Infinity.
>>
>>48061183
Dammit, forgot my link

http://www.gamespot.com/articles/disney-infinity-discontinued-developer-shuttered-w/1100-6439677/
>>
File: YuJingLeadstheWay.jpg (308KB, 2112x1571px) Image search: [Google]
YuJingLeadstheWay.jpg
308KB, 2112x1571px
Such glorious new models. Hnnngghhh. Can't wait.

I love the new design for Yu Jing. It definitely grew on me, despite really enjoying old school Yu Jing.
>>
>>48060645
I've been trying to make lists that include all 3. It's hard :(
>>
>>48061213
Not soon enough if you ask me, it will still be some time before my search results stop being polluted with that garbage
>>
>>48061228
I've been tempted to sell my JSA up til the new ninja leaked.
Now I want to sell my Ariadna, which I said I'd never do, and just buy all the pretty YJ stuff I don't have yet...
>>
>>48061291
I own all of that second row, haven't bought anything on the top row yet due to a lack of interest in my gaming area and money being tight. Was considering selling my small Ariadna force along with my Nomads. Just stick to Haqq, Tohaa, Yu Jing, and maybe... maybe CA or Nomads. Nomads being easier to sell since I love my MAF and other evil aliens.

My JSA needs those new Domaru... Ugh.

What all do you have for JSA?
>>
Agreed. That shit irritates me.
>>
>>48061328
Old Domaru, a single new Domaru (don't like them enough to get them all), Kempeis, Aragotos, Asuka, O-Yoroi, Yuriko Oda, Oniwaban, Shinobu, Tokusetsu, Karakuri, Saito Togan, Mushashi Miyamoto, Yojimbo

I'm still kind of tempted to sell up due to the lack of decent Keisotsu models, but the knowledge of an imminent Ninja and that new Mushashi model are making me not want to. I'm tempted to shift the Aragotos, Oniwabans, TAG and mercs in favour of vanilla, though. I've got a Guijia, the two Tiger Soldiers, and both newer Hac Taos; I'll probably end up getting Red Veil and the ISS starter at some point.

I'm kind of in the same boat; there's only really one person I play against in my area, and he's lost interest recently. It's annoying as shit because he plays Haqqislam so this new starter pack is perfect for a split.
>>
>>48060937

Fucking great line
>>
>>48061291
Don't sell anything, buy more.

Problem solved.
>>
Any anons play in NE area, specifically CT? Was going to get into the game and saw there was an escalation league starting up but wanted to know what the popularity was like.
>>
>>48061582
Awh man, that's upsetting show him the models and turn him back.

You've got a fair amount of JSA there. Just imagine when they get redone with how nice the CG and Zhanshi are.
>>
>>48061989
>2019
>Keisotsu finally get reconsidered for a new sculpt
>Britain no longer in EU, hammered by crippling import taxes
No thanks :(
>>
>>48062065
I got you senpai. I'll send you two packs.

Hnnghh. I want my new Yu Jing.
>>
>>48061228
Look, I've already been struggling with starting a YJ force, you're not helping me here.
Curse my love for heavy infantry.

The Al'Fasid is also really damn cool.
>>
>>48062247
Come to the heavy side, senpai.
>>
File: 9XKedmx.png (587KB, 782x437px) Image search: [Google]
9XKedmx.png
587KB, 782x437px
>>48062247
Do it. For the glorry of Dju Ching!
>>
In light of the new releases I've got a curious question here.
We have a whole bunch of JSA guys here, but not a single YJ as such, but with all the gorgeous new shit and those starters I am really tempted to get into the faction. How does YJ play by itself? I mean, I know about them being supposed to be powerarmor central, but other factions can do that just as well, i.e. the PanO deluge of knights.
>>
>>48062454

I've mostly played against ISS, but in general I think YJ is a pretty flexible army. Given how good and varied their HI are, the lists I've seen tend to focus on a small core of HI backed up by lots of kuang shi and other LI. So while you can do the deluge of HI, usually I think YJ is going more for an elite HI strike team as the heart of their force. What that elite HI team looks like is up to you. Agents, Shang Ji, Yan Huo, Domaru Butai, Wu Ming, Shikami, Daofei, HacTao... you can tailor that HI nugget really any way you want, from elite generalist HI to sneaky TO camo guys, to cheap HI (for HI) spam, anything in between.
>>
>>48062454
Super flexible, with great HI and warbands.

Kuang Shi plus Shaolin make a great core of the force, with specialized HI being your heavy lifters.
>>
>>48061228

I personally never liked the old aesthetic much. But this new one is exactly what YJ is meant to be. Sleek, high tech, more than just the sum of it's technology. Elegant, but lethal. And the new colour scheme is just awesome. Better than that old green on the Zhanshis were.

>>48062454
PanO isn't exactly the counterargument to YJ being the HI faction. PanO is also a HI heavy faction. YJ gets a bit of everything. More so than PanO, in some respects. Lots of high tech stuff, a generally aggressive mindset, and just the right amount of sneaky shit, including some very rare HI + gear combinations.
>>
Man, I feel shipped with red veil. It's amazing for new players but it offers me fuck all as a Hassassin bahram player
>>
Bahram should be seeing a starter and resculpts within the next year.
Cb will need to start laying the groundwork for Khanate and caliphate (this is a good start for the latter)
>>
>>48064259
Fuck all is better than one or two models you can't live without I think.
>>
>>48064259
>Bahram should be seeing a starter and resculpts within the next year.

That's good news. I actually don't think most of the Bahram stuff looks too bad. Ragiks need an update and I want Farzans that look more distinct from Fidays but overall I'm pretty happy with their sculpts. Muyibs are some of my favorite minis in the game.
>>
>>48064259
Since zhayedan are caliphate, i just cant wait to link them in the future, screw resculpts, give us acheron falls already
>>
What is the rule for fielding Military Orders?
>>
File: 1325042460694.png (188KB, 472x486px) Image search: [Google]
1325042460694.png
188KB, 472x486px
>>48064966
their like a 16 year old girl relationship status on facebook
> complicated

nice dubs
>>
File: 1467392879906.png (436KB, 691x487px) Image search: [Google]
1467392879906.png
436KB, 691x487px
>>48064966
>Magister Knights link team
>Rush into the enemy position
>ignore objectives
>Scream "DEUS VULT" as high as you can while tearing your opponent appart
>Then go back home crying because a sneaky little TO skirmisher made all the objectives and you lost
>Post in the forums how unbalanced the game is
>>
Is it just me does Martial Arts level 2 kind of suck? As long as its a fact to face roll, using level 1 instead almost always seem better.
>>
>>48063494
Playing a sectorial by itself means you will get left out every so often.
>>
File: 5USKmD7.png (654KB, 821x438px) Image search: [Google]
5USKmD7.png
654KB, 821x438px
>>48064449
Ragiks just got updated.

I don't think HB needs any resculpts other than Asawira, though another Farzan would be nice.

They do need the Ayyar soon though!
>>
File: 1466017621669.jpg (113KB, 639x320px) Image search: [Google]
1466017621669.jpg
113KB, 639x320px
>>48064966
Have you checked out the official army builder?
https://army.infinitythegame.com/

Select Pano>Military Orders

MO's awesome IMO, lots of great choices.

I've really been enjoying the FK duo lately.
>>
File: 1466809353924.png (812KB, 918x525px) Image search: [Google]
1466809353924.png
812KB, 918x525px
>>48065300
Yup, but its not always a ftf roll.

More options are never worse, and MA2 doesn't seem to cost much.
>>
>>48065731
Don't I know it.

>"Vedic ALEPH will get new models and a proper sectorial after we've finished with the Paradiso stuff!"
>"Vedic ALEPH will get new models and a proper sectorial in the next edition!"
>"Actually, they'll get them in HSN3!"
>"Aaaaactually, it'll be Acheron Falls."

Fuck you Bostria stop tugging off those Homeric homos where's my fucking Deva links and Karna recreation?
>>
>>48066376
>Fuck you Bostria stop tugging off those Homeric homos where's my fucking Deva links and Karna recreation?
It's siesta time, please call back later.
>>
>>48066408
I wish we still had that really great drawfag so I could request an angry Asura throwing a bunch of slumbering Greeks out of a window.
>>
>>48065750
>I don't think HB needs any resculpts other than Asawira, though another Farzan would be nice.
Sure they do. Daylami could use new minis, and Barid could use a scale up. I don't mind the current Barid, but he's definitely too small to fit with the rest of the newer line. And other course the old Ragiks who are already getting new miniatures. Also as nice as the Muyibs are, they're crap compared to the Govads miniature. Then like you said: new Asawira and extra Farzans would be nice

And personally, I'd like a new fem Fiday. As iconic as she is, I've never liked the miniature.
>>
>>48063494
I'll be using the zhayedan as an extra Govad or lasiq profile. I more excited about the new spec-ops and the possibility that she will be included in hb
>>
>>48065300
It's good against people or objects that can't defend themselves. But yes, in actual combat it's incredibly shitty.
>>
File: Kaw.jpg (168KB, 1280x722px) Image search: [Google]
Kaw.jpg
168KB, 1280x722px
>>48066614
I want people to suffer bad models if they want to spam daylami, it is a just punishment.
>>
>>48066614

I really like the Muyibs though. They are very tacticool. Even more so than other models. I guess if they redid them but had them keep the same look but, they are still pretty nice models.

Same with the Asawira. I like how they look but if they just took the same design and upscaled it a bit, they would be golden. I do like the idea of them being "light" heavy infantry and their armor being smaller than the rest.

Out of everything in Haq, I kind of want Djanbazan resculpts the most right now,
>>
>>48069942
Well, I don't use daylami because they're minis are ugly.

>>48070132
I agree with you, but even still the Muyibs are looking tired. The ninjas look cool and yet CB improved on it while keeping the general look/style. Something like that for the Muyibs would be ace. For me they're too round and soft looking. They need more operator gubbins to go with their kitted out profiles.

>Djanbazan
Completely agree. I one in everyone of my vanilla lists sometimes more in QK. Would love new Djanbazan.
>>
File: 1459459456992.jpg (3MB, 3456x4608px) Image search: [Google]
1459459456992.jpg
3MB, 3456x4608px
What are people's thoughts on Caledonia?

Wallace? Which Haris? How many wolves?
>>
>>48070334

I do feel like, out of every other faction, Haqqislam has the least amount of fugly models left. Even most of our older stuff that hasn't been resculpted looks decent.

Yu Jing and Ariadna still have a ton of shit that needs an update.
>>
>>48070445
Wallace should be in most CHA lists. Both haris links are good, depends on what you want from it. Wulvers are close range assault dudes, Mormaers are HMG platforms that can bring smoke. 2 wolves is usually best, but 1 is fine if you want the points for something else and you can go with 3 if you're happy to spend 70 points on dog-shaped cruise missiles.
>>
>>48070457
>a ton of shit that needs an update
Right, still didn't stop CB from remaking, Highlanders, Achilles, etc etc. Even the old Hac Tao HMG was just a little over a year old iirc before getting a new mini. Hell, maybe the Foxytrot will be a reboot seeing how awful she is even after Angel's paintjob.

I'm not saying which needs more attention over the other. Just that I'm not content with some of the current Hassassin Bahram line. What's most likely next are more Caliphate models in prep for the new sectorial.

It'll be Kazaks for Ariadna.

>Haqqislam has the least amount of fugly models left
Shit, I like some of them over the vanilla Aleph stuff like the starter Dakinis, Deva, and even the starter Asura, which always seems to be packed with a fucked up face. Even still, Hassassins could use some love.
>>
>>48070682

I am not saying Haq shouldn't get more resculpts. I would love to. I just think they're better looking as a whole than any of the other factions except maybe Tohaa but they don't count.

I am pretty excited for the idea of Kazaks getting some updates. They are in real need of it and I like them a lot. Hoping the rumors of them being the next sectoral is true. Though it does seem weird that space France seems to be getting pushed back.
>>
>>48070749
Kazaks are next because they probably wont require a complete rules/playstyle overhaul like they're planning with Space France.
>>
>>48070821
Depends when we get next sectorials. MRRF is due the Acheron falls because then we get reinforcement rules which will become their thing. If we get new sectorials before that, then we get Kazaks.
>>
So the new starter has a selection Caliphate units in it. I imagine the we'll see a special weapons/profile box for the Zhayedan and more standard Zhayedan in the Cali starter.
>>
>>48072220

What are the reinforcement rules?
>>
>>48070749
>I am pretty excited for the idea of Kazaks getting some updates.
How about CB actually do USArdinia justice first?
>>
>>48066614
What'so bad about the current Daylami?
>>
>>48072220
Bostria already confirmed on Mayacast that the Kazaks, Tunguska, and SEF are next for Campaign Paradiso N3. Also instead of 2 sectorials, CB will be doing 1 per faction to mitigate delays

>>48072681
This please. Still an unplayable army for me, because most of what I want to play dont even have miniatures.
>>
>>48070682
>Caliphate models in prep for the new sectorial.
YYYEEESSS will be playing a ME themed army, can't stand muslims in real life. Must be from being a DUNE nerd.
>>
>>48072671
The breaker rifle Zhayedan is in this starter. It's basically a glorified Caliphate starter anyway, much like the current CA starter is for Onyx.

>>48072681
I don't even play or like USARF, but I'll admit you guys are way overdue for a Marauder box. Some non-army pack exclusive Mavericks would be nice too.

Fuck Blackjacks though. They can wait, it's only been a few months and about 2 other HSN3 profiles have gotten models.

>>48072727
>PanO: Varuna/Paradiso or Svalarheima
>YJ: Invincible Army or Svalarheima
>Ariadna: Kazaks
>Haqq: Caliphate
>Nomads: Tunguska
>CA: Shasvastii
>ALEPH: Vedic
>Tohaa: Who fucking knows
It's a pretty good roster. Tunguska, SEF, OSS and Kazaks have needed some love for a while.
>>
tries this list against ASS and it did pretty well, considering I lost. What do you guys think?

Ariadna
──────────────────────────────────────────────────

GROUP 1 10
SCOUT Lieutenant Ojotnik, D-Charges, Antipersonnel Mines / Pistol, Knife. (0 | 29)
SCOUT AP Sniper Rifle, Antipersonnel Mines / Pistol, Knife. (1 | 29)
VETERAN KAZAK (X Visor) T2 Rifle, Light Flamethrower / Heavy Pistol, Knife. (0 | 38)
TANKHUNTER Portable Autocannon, D-Charges / Pistol, Knife. (1.5 | 34)
GRUNT (Inferior Infiltration) Heavy Flamethrower, Light Shotgun / Pistol, Knife. (0.5 | 11)
GRUNT (Inferior Infiltration) Heavy Flamethrower, Light Shotgun / Pistol, Knife. (0.5 | 11)
LINE KAZAK (Forward Observer) Rifle / Pistol, Knife. (0 | 10)
112 Light Shotgun / Pistol, CCW. (0 | 12)

GROUP 2 / 1 / 1
HIGHLANDER Chain Rifle, Smoke Grenades / Pistol, AP CCW. (0 | 6)

3.5 SWC | 200 Points
>>
>Play Infinity yesterday
>Bolt link kicking ass and taking names, scoring multiple objectives, killing everything
>Final turn I am all set to get the winning point
>Bagh Mari hacks my hacker to kill him, runs round a corner, all my AROs miss, kills all my Bolts one at a time, putting me in retreat
>Game is a tie on objectives and I lose on points remaining
>>
>>48072964
>Scout AP sniper
Meh. AP snipers are rarely worth the extra SWC cost over Ojotniks, and you can make your Ojotnik guys forward observers too.

You don't really have any great attack pieces. Investing in an AP HMG for your Vet Kazak is probably a good idea, it's got better range and burst than the rifle.

Otherwise it's alright. Your cheerleaders are solid, and you can't go wrong with Tankhunters.
>>
>>48073054
Yeah, I probably lucked out playing highly classified. The Grunts and scouts did their job well. Though I've found the bigger +3 range band on the AP sniper makes it worthwhile to take.
>>
>>48073035
>Bagh Mari hacks my hacker to kill him
That's not a thing, assault hackers don't have SWORD programs. Did a Naga killer hacker hack you through the Bagh Mari?
>>
I hope the caliphate gets more gene modded troops.
>>
>>48073128
Yes, yes it was. I misremembered.
>>
>>48073128
>Did a Naga killer hacker hack you through the Bagh Mari?

Hackers haven't had repeaters since N2.
>>
>>48073395

I remember there was a leaked shot of a few lists of units. There was something that translated to 'Shadows', and another unit called something that translated to 'Panthers'.
>>
Anyone else finding the character generator not working?
>>
Do muslims in space pray in the direction of Earth?
>>
>>48073788
That's an oddly specific question.
>>
>>48073788
Haqqislam is very different from islam today. As women actually have rights, they can drink,so no I doubt it.
>>
>>48073788
Yes
>>
>>48073788
I doubt the mexicans thought that deeply into it.
>>
>>48073788
From wiki:
>Malaysia's space agency, Angkasa, convened a conference of 150 Islamic scientists and scholars in 2006 to address the question, among others, of how to pray towards Mecca in space. A document was produced in early 2007 called A Guideline of Performing Ibadah (worship) at the International Space Station (ISS) and was approved by Malaysia's National Fatwa Council.[4]
Shit like this makes me love humanity
>>
>>48073788
They pray towards the nearest Wormhole, reasoning being that it is the shortest road to Mecca.
>>
>>48073835
I love how the general consensus is "...just, y'know, do whatever. Allah will work it out."
>>
>>48073835
Rituals and symbolism are indeed wonderful things.
https://makkah.files.wordpress.com/2007/10/a_guideline_ibadah_at_iss.pdf
I didn't get the points about Ka'aba projection and the various conflicting schools about how to determine the position of Mecca, but it was a nice read. Thanks infinity general, I guess.
Determining the relative position of Earth when you're in another solar system is gonna be hell, though. I can see savvy businessmen making a fortune with portable astronomical calculators
>>
>>48074284
>conflicting schools about how to determine the position of Mecca
That's a really complicated issue, but basically it boils down to this: Which direction do you face when praying? Do you just draw a straight line from where you are to Mekka, or do you take the curvature of the earth into account? The latter is strictly speaking the most direct route, but the former 'feels' more right.
Mind you, this is a very condensed form of explanation.
>>
>>48073702
I think it was the Muktar and Numair.

>>48073395
We're hopefully looking at two unrevealed units one being a 6-4 speed machine and the other a super sized gorilla HI. After seeing the Ahl-Fasid I'm hoping they didn't just mold it into that.
>>
>>48073788
I wonder. What if the Haqqislamites took a sample of the dirt from Mecca with them and pray towards that rather than trying to work out which direction Earth is in?
>>
>>48074931

That would be unmitigated idolatry and absolutelyharam.jpg

Islam doesn't even like it when you depict Mohamed's sick guitar hero score, carrying around parcels of dirt and praying to them would probably cause a certain amounts of concern.

In any case, it's a needless circumlocution. With modern electronics, it probably wouldn't be that hard to make an app or something that'd give you a reasonably accurate heading.
>>
>>48074728
After looking at the Al Fasid I'm pretty sure that's what they did. It's almost a shame, the new unit doesn't even remotely resemble it's original function. The flamethrower and panzerfaust options were kind of interesting, I had been meaning to try them out. I guess I won't get the chance now.
>>
So the ISS stuff I ordered more than a month ago turned up. Who actually bothers with these massive braid things, and who just fills in the hole where the braids go? They look silly and fragile as hell...

Also, my main faction is Haqq, so I feel I timed starting ISS to perfection. Red Veil looks sick!
>>
>>48074968
Would you pray to Earth's current position or take lightspeed into account?

And yeah, unless you steal a bit of the black stone or the Kaaba, which still wouldn't have the same religious significance, and I wouldn't recommend it anyways, it doesn't fit the bill.

Jewish people, on the other side...
>In the Infinity setting, people have taken so much earth from Isreal that it begins to looks like the Netherlands. Inhabitants of Jericho are not pleased.
>>
>>48072964
against ass you should go maximum camo. if you're vanilla why not 2 x chasseur (flamer) and 3 x foxtrot (shotgun)
>>
>>48075812

The Chassuers will be even better, since they can burn the ODD off of units.
>>
>>48075812
I might also add onto this by recommending Mavericks, Marauders and Briscards with their respective rocket launchers. They're good to have around for the express purpose of burning off ODD or camo. The HFT Grunts are good, but Chasseurs are great flamethrower options as well.
>>
I'm thinking of getting into Infinity with the Red Veil set. Couple of quick questions:

Do infinity models come with basing materials or sculpted bases? If not, can anyone make some recommendations for basing materials? I have some cheap sand and flock that I use for my Skaven, but I would like to do a little better for Infinity models.

Best online stores to buy models?

Thanks.
>>
>>48076426
Check out Atenocini's Workshop and Warsenal. Both offer pre-made laser-cut bases that look really good.
>>
>>48076426
Infinity models just come with the ubiquitous plain black slotable 25mm base for each unit. Any fancy 25mm base will work. Warsenal is generally well regarded and has an Infinity specific line of bases.
>>
File: screens.png (465KB, 568x603px) Image search: [Google]
screens.png
465KB, 568x603px
Nomad Hacked Screens
>>
>>48076426
Also I think Customeeple offers Infinity fancy bases as well.
>>
>>48075948
Shure. 2 Chasseurs is maximum for vanilla. Besides I agree. I would prefer chasseurs over foxtrots too. But in vanilla you can have a total of 5 chasseurs and foxtrots in total while in mrrf there are onl 4 chasseurs available.
>>
>>48076749
We need a hacked screen that says "Nomadz wuz here, Aleph suxxorz."
>>
File: aleph.png (54KB, 265x147px) Image search: [Google]
aleph.png
54KB, 265x147px
>>
>>48074993

You would never have tried it and you know it. The new Ahl Fassed looks like a kickass rival to the Muyib LGL guy. Better playable changes than boring stagnation.
>>
>>48074993

I'm not so sure. Apparently Bostria's words were that the HI would make "Ajax look like a clumsy gorilla" so I'm not sure that means that the HI itself will be huge. Or at least I hope so.
>>
>>48076426
After a bit experimenting I discovered, that you can get a neat desert sand effect on your base by spreading some putty over your base with a toothpick.
Pretty cheap and easy way to do some basing. Can post pics if requested.
>>
Where's the best or top few places to get up to date info on Infinity? Their website seems to be a week behind everyone else.

Also, is there a facebook group or something that's semi-competitive to competitive with batreps, tournament info, and lists, but also has hobby aspects, painting, and just general cool shit?
>>
>>48078293
Honestly, this thread is probably the best place to keep track of things going on. It's super light on batrep stuff, though it's not like I'm helping at the moment.
>>
>>48078293

/tg/ is a pretty good place to get the cutting edge info. As for the group thing, not that I know of. The official forums or mayanet are probably your best bet.
>>
>>48076426
I like secret weapon bases and gamenerz.
>>
>>48078293
Check out WGC Infinity
>>
>>48078150

I wouldn't mind some pics. What kind of putty? I assume you can throw in some rocks/plants for added detail?
>>
>>48057626
>It's called red veil
Red because of the Chinese. Veil because of the Muslims.
>>
>>48079375
Red=violence, Veil=secrecy.

It also sounds exotic, which makes sense with selling the Middle and Far East to a western audience.

Really cool name IMO.
>>
File: kT8iDFA.jpg (729KB, 3508x2480px) Image search: [Google]
kT8iDFA.jpg
729KB, 3508x2480px
>>48079344
Not OP but I use greenstuff and paint it to look like mud for my filthy scotsmen.
>>
File: DSC_0018.jpg (2MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
DSC_0018.jpg
2MB, 3264x2448px
>>48079344
My room gets pretty dark at night so the lighting may be a bit off.
I use the same putty with which I fill the gaps on the minis after assembling. You can do some windwaves on the putty while it hardens or even truck tracks with a simple toothpick. And with some superglue and a little bit of imagination you can add whatever you like to your base.
Like >>48079469 you can use greenstuff to make things such as small pipes running or big flat stones for your badass Djanbazan sniper to hide behind.
Heck you can even use thin cardboard to create a level difference and etch some pattern into it with a xacto knife.
>>
>>48079791

Thanks, I may give that a shot. I have a very full bits box I can use for detailing too.
>>
>>48079791
Looks great!
>>
File: PolandSpam.jpg (533KB, 1680x945px) Image search: [Google]
PolandSpam.jpg
533KB, 1680x945px
10 order master race reminding all spammers they are hacks at this game so please go.

That is all
>>
>>48080851
>Gimping yourself because of nerdrage.
Interesting tactic.
>>
>>48080947
I can win with 10 orders you obviously can't. Your ilk ruins this game. So autistic you can't even keep your camo tokens straight.

get good
>>
>>48080851
10 order main group with a second group of ARO pieces and transfer back up units is the best of both worlds.
>>
>>48081141
As someone who likes running HI focused lists I completely agree. Gotta feed my badasses orders and cover them with an HMG bot. Add TO for flavor.
>>
>>48081002
>Projecting
>chest thumping
>screaming autism
literally a faggot lol
>>
File: Hsien.jpg (159KB, 2048x1597px) Image search: [Google]
Hsien.jpg
159KB, 2048x1597px
>>48062454
Vanilla YJ has a few ways to play, but >>48062604 hit it on the head: while you could run a large number of HI, it's usually not all that efficient. Leave that to ISS, JSA, and, eventually, Invincible Army. Somewhat similarly to NCA you typically you see one or two of the higher value HI paired with LI that provide good synergy. For example, the Hsien + CG with light smoke grenade launcher, or Crane (sensor) + kanren minelayer (sniffer), or the ever popular Daofei (AH) + Guilang tag team champions.

YJ HI may not (generally) have as high stats as Pan-O HI but they usually offer a wider toolbox of options (Hac Tao's not as good in a straight fight as the Swiss Guard but has the option of nanopulsers as well as the army's access to smoke). The Crane has Sensor and X-visor and quite good CC capability, making it a good cheerleader bodyguard Lt while still actively participating in shenanigans. And the Yan Huo and Su Jian are just fun things to bring to the table.
>>
What faction would you want to live in?
>>
File: 1462064943014.jpg (85KB, 639x314px) Image search: [Google]
1462064943014.jpg
85KB, 639x314px
>>48083429
Both Pan-O and Yu Jing (or, at least Neoterra, Shentang and Yutang) are actually both reasonably nice places to live in. Sure they have shifty shadowy sides to them, but so does the real world. It's explicitly stated that middle-class citizens for the vast majority of the Human Sphere (barring Dawn, obviously) live comfortable lives for the equivalent of 25 hour work weeks. And being even slightly above middle class means no work and spending all day plugged into future sex internet. While you can definitely fall between the cracks in Pan-O, and you can end up a zombie bomb in YJ, they're actually fairly benevolent powers, all things considered. Hell, YJ provides a comfortable living standard to even the most unproductive and disabled individuals in their borders.
>>
Such a cool starter.
>>
>>48057281
Man I love the ninja redesign.
>>
>>48084919
The old ninja girls still look great too.
>>
>>48082460
I've found 2-3 HI to be the sweet spot in YJ. You can get some very powerful tag teams like Hac Tao/Daofei and Su Jian/Yan Huo.
>>
>>48085553

Bringing some of our cheaper guys to throw roadblocks in front of your opponent can be beneficial too. The 25 point SMG/Chain Rifle Wu Ming is a complete bitch in suppression fire.
>>
>>48085801
Definitely, that's why I said 2-3. A cheap HI can be extremely beneficial. I've had good experiences with Karakuri, Wu Ming FOs, Haramaki and the Zuyong HMG Lt.
Haven't had a chance to use the SMG Wu Ming myself, but it seems very handy for its price. Wu Ming are ridiculously good in general, especially linked.
>>
>>48080851
>mfw I will have 20 unique ghulam sculpts after the starter drops
it would be such a shame if one of them got an ARO crit on your lieutenant
>>
>>48086611
>playing 1 W lieutenant aggressively without CoC backup or other tricks up your sleeve

Kinda asking for that, senpai.
>>
>>48086666
gotta be aggressive with your LT once the horde of plebs kills your objective grabbers, supersatan
>>
>>48072842
Nope I still expect a Caliphate starter.
>>
>>48086833
What would go in it though? It would have to be a starter made entirely of new units.
>>
File: FB_IMG_1467534582085.jpg (93KB, 1280x960px) Image search: [Google]
FB_IMG_1467534582085.jpg
93KB, 1280x960px
>>48079954
I use agrrllan esrth for the cracked earth effect. It's awesome!
>>
>>48086611
That's fine and things like that will happen. It's a game of chance but stop being a child and thinking you're good when using spam. You're a hack and will never understand the intricacies of this game.
>>
Shaolin Monks resculpt when?
>>
>>48087788
>>
>>48087066
halqa? they're not in any sectorial yet
>>
>>48087814
Halqa are Khanate.
>>
>>48086833
All of those models have the Caliphate labels on their dossiers, so I think it's safe to assume that the vanilla starter will be the Caliphate starter just like vanilla CA is also the Onyx starter.
>>
>>48087788
dub dub
>>
>>48057597
Okay, small but serious question. How could any other tabletop game studio compete with CB in terms of miniatures and starter-content (inb4: Warmachine 2 players battlebox)?
>>
>>48088301
X-wing. If they're historically minded, Warlord make some pretty good starter sets(although they suck with teaching the game). Warhammer specialty games used to have great, really fucking great starters.
>>
>>48088340
>X-wing.
Well yeah, but let's be honest while rules really great, models sucks.
> Warhammer specialty games used to have great, really fucking great starters.
You mean specialist games?
>>
>>48088301
The new Start Collecting boxes of GW are pretty decent, I guess.
Also, Dust Tactics had good starters whenever the game was not utterly fucked.
>>
>>48088354
The old ones, like Mordheim. Maybe it's nostalgia, I got it with my older brother when I was 8.
>>
>>48057739
they all look the same.
>>
>>48088301
I like warmachine and all, and the sculpts look fine finished like anything else, but quality-wise pp plastics are an abortion. Mold lines that just defy reason. Like going right down the middle of the character who leads your army's face. The new sprue are alright but they tend to snap off sympathetically with cuts, so you end up with these gouges just from rtion, and those mold lines are awful, too.

Competition wise fantasy flight does really well because the minis are prepainted and all the tokens you need just punch out of card board sheets.

I love the papercraft terrain from the infinity starters, that was cool. They can't really support a TAG or anything but they're cool to have at the start.

Warhammer could be good, but that company has done everything it could to run their games into the ground and haven't found a way to escape from their development cost-to game value death spiral over the past decade.
>>
>>48088424
dust ? Wouldn't want it even if it was given away for free. That shit be shit.
>>
>>48088749

Stick the actual actual starter set boxes within the paper terrain, since they should fit nicely, and all those heavy metal models can be supported.
>>
>>48082460
Great post.
>>
>>48088749
The problem with WH starters is it is equivalent in game play to an infinity starter with 3 models a side.

Also the recent GW releases are over designed, blobby messes.
>>
File: 638x450.jpg (151KB, 638x450px) Image search: [Google]
638x450.jpg
151KB, 638x450px
>>48088861
I thought this was the most genius thing ever when I saw them do it in a video about Icestorm.

The terrain is so solid with the boxes in them, especially since I put sand in the box for ballast.
>>
>>4808830
They can't.
>>48088763
Yeah, Dust sucks.1
>>
>>48083429
Well, given that I speak English, Spanish, and intermediate German and work some twenty hours a week I guess it has to be Pan Oceania (with a possibility in USAriadna). I don't think universal translators exist in this setting for humans.
>>
>>48081002
Holy shit you are retarded.

Like with tables, the best lists are balanced between 10 super soldiers and 20 kurwa.

12-15 orders is the sweet spot at 300, and that is fine.

I think of it as a combat squad and a support squad (which is usually how it breaks down).
>>
>>48089070
I remember reading about translators but don't remember where.

Maybe it was fanfic on the forums.
>>
>>48089085
>kurwa
>20
you don't know kurwa until you deploy four combat groups
>>
>>48089070
>Invented Immortality
>Haven't invented natural language translation software.

pick one.
>>
>>48087066
>More immortals, more red turbans, some of the new gene modded troops?
>>
>>48057739
Haqq really feels weak as a faction right now. Not unplayably, but they don't do anything "the best"
>>
>>48089187
Thinking of bringing this to a league, no missions have been specified and I know I'll be facing against Ariadna, Morats, Nomads and Vanilla Pano.

I'm thinking the infiltrating ODD, MSV3 and my WIP 15 Leutenant will be good against Ariadna who I'm facing first up.

And I already know
>bolts
>>
>>48089187
that's because most of their unique toys have been spread to the other factions, or nerfed in some capacity

Good models, tho. Can't take that away.
>>
>>48065228
Kek
>>
>>48089179
Immortals and Khawarijs will be linkable, so they'll likely just get boxes. The formula for troops like that tends to be 4 sculpts in a box and 1 alone or in a starter.

There will be new gene soldiers, but I doubt it will be enough to fill out a whole starter.

>>48089262
I'm not sure making a list entirely out of TO camo units is a good plan.
>>
>>48057739
>>48057597
>>48060645
Usually I try to stai neutral or avoid company wars, but HOLY FUCK how could people keep byuing GW armored tots today for their prices?
>>
>>48089319
>stay
>>
>>48089280
Friggin' Tohaa....
>>
>>48079469
THIS should be the USARF volunteer model. Or the grunt. Just give him old glory as a tattoo instead. Done
>>
>>48089093
There is some talking about translators in RPG, where it is said your personal pseudo-AIs tend to handle them.
>>
>>48089280
Some of the nerfs really hurt. Like Regen - was that overpowered?
>>
>>48089370
Can have only one king on the biomedicine hill, sygmaa
>>
>>48089491
Then you shouldn't have two factions. Tohaa shit all over Haqq, honestly.
>>
>>48089085
Hack confirmed
>>
File: 1464580530227.jpg (84KB, 639x306px) Image search: [Google]
1464580530227.jpg
84KB, 639x306px
>>48089187
Why do you feel they are so weak? Are you meaning the new starter or Haqqislam in general?
>>
>>48089478
it's okay they buffed his CC stat and dropped the price to compensate :^)
>>
>>48089319

The main draw of 40k is its fluff and the fact that it is common place. It is likely the first min game you see if you don't know better. Veteran wargamers know stay or have already left.

Infinity probably has the best models out there now. There are few companies that can match the quality.
>>
>>48088301
The flames of war starter even before it was revised, is the hottest selling thing I've ever seen of any starter in any game.
>>
Red veil preorder soon, who hyped?
>>
>>48091979
I don't get hyped, I stay hyped!
>>
>>48091979
Who says it's soon? The videos that weren't supposed to be released until later?
>>
>>48092085
There is an article on their website about Red Veil that says pre-orders start tomorrow.
>>
>>48092184
>pre-ordering from CB directly
Enjoy your 6 weeks postage
>>
>>48092085
The Red Veil trailer says Infinity Week starts on the 4th on BoW.

>>48092334
You can preorder from anywhere.
>>
>>48092184
Holy fuck that's an awesome birthday present. I realize I'll actually get it in ~3 months, but still.
>>
New Vanilla Ariadna here. Which box should I grab to start with the faction?
>>
>>48092596
retailer pre-orders aren't bound by CB's pre-order date, though.
>>
>>48092856
That's a bit tricky question and depends what you like. The current Ariadna vanilla starter is pretty old and showing its age, but the models inside are still pretty valid. USAdriana Battle box is big and shiny and works decent start even for a vanilla force. Caledonia and Merovingia starters are somewhat old, but still solid and pretty, if you want to start those particular sectorials. Merovingia is put on a hiatus, though.

In the end pick what you think looks best.
>>
>>48092945
Sure, individual retailers have their options (I know my flgs will). But generally speaking, you'll see places like thewarstore, MM, infinityharbour, etc etc open up preorders after the annoucement.

The only thing you can't perorder/buy are event exclusives except through CB directly like RVZ.
>>
>>48093149
Yeah, fair one. I ordered RVZ from CB, and it's the last thing I'll order from them, as much as I'd love a few patches. The shipping time was dreadful, and I'm in the EU.

Although, not for long...

:(
>>
>>48093261
>tfw Warzone is closer to rl than Infinity, because in both Brits ruin everything
>>
Hello mates. So I got a few nomad minis on sale from a while back that I was planning on using for converging for some cyberpunk rpgs, but Im just becoming more interested in the skirmish game.

So I guess my question is what are some crew ideas including the models?
Are the units even any good?
Any recommendations for a Nomad army?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

The units:
Carlota Kowalsky & Moriarty
2 reverend custodiers
hacker, boarding shotgun
hacker, combi rifle and marker
>>
File: RqOTqlt.png (316KB, 622x443px) Image search: [Google]
RqOTqlt.png
316KB, 622x443px
>>48093261
well,...you got 2 years.

I just hope those Dire Foes will be available with Red Veil, because I'm absolutely loving Leila Sharif. I just wish I had a ninja shopper at gencon
>>
>>48093403
I can only guess, what "hacker, boarding shotgun" and "hacker, combi rifle and marker" are. Interventors?

If you want to make a passable list, you'r gonna need some more bodies and heavy weaponry. Some of the starters should cover the first and couple of blisters the latter. Intruder HMG and Sniper are pretty dope, as is Sin eater HMG. Hackers don't do much if enemy don't have hackable targets and you don't have remotes, but remotes tend to be pretty expensive in money, if you compare their point cost, and can be tricky to assemble and paint if you aren't experienced in metal models.
>>
>>48093517
>2 years
Not if half the people who run the country get what they want.
Where were the Dire foes shown?
>>
File: mWfliV2.png (396KB, 605x459px) Image search: [Google]
mWfliV2.png
396KB, 605x459px
>>48093535
During the BoW leaks. I'm sure we'll get more infor this week
>>
>>48093521
Cool thanks for the start.

>>I can only guess, what "hacker, boarding shotgun" and "hacker, combi rifle and marker" are. Interventors?

It is just the gear the two custodier units have, I ended up getting overly specific. Luckily I don't have an issue with metal models, I normally play warma/hoards. What are remotes? Granted I probably wont buy them yet but they sound neat.
>>
>>48092856

It depends where you want to go with your list.

The best units in the army aren't available in a starters Tankhunters, Scouts, and Spetsnaz are all sold separately. It becomes a question of how you like your basic units flavor to be.

Grunts - High Armor cheap - US Starter
Line Kazak - Light armor, fast move - Ariadna Starter
Volunteer - Dirt Cheap - Caledonia Starter
Troop Metro - cheap Specialist -FFR Starter

Pick one of these and you can find a start box that suits you. They all have some fun flavorful options for their faction that will work fine in vanilla. US Ariadna box set is probably the best model per dollar wise, but you might be stuck with some choices you don't like.

After that, buy a some specialists like the Dozer and 112 doctor. Then maybe a dog warrior/antipode/devil dog set. You should be able to grow from there.
>>
>>48093707
Remotes are fairly big robots, like pic related. They are typically fast, frail and cheap with pretty average statline vulnerabilities like being hackable, unable to go prone and bad at dodge. You can support them with your hackers and hackerscan in turn benefit from their repeaters. Some Nomad ones (pic related) are relatively durable and have neat guns and abilities.
>>
File: TsykLuno.jpg (257KB, 900x506px) Image search: [Google]
TsykLuno.jpg
257KB, 900x506px
>>48093880
Forgot pic
>>
>>48093587
Oh, of course. I remember seeing that image, didn't see the haqqislam one though. I can't wait for Xi Zhuang, that mad traps mini looks sweet.
>>
File: Capture.png (194KB, 589x498px) Image search: [Google]
Capture.png
194KB, 589x498px
>>48093707
Anan, I took what you had, added a starter pack, a modeertor, a lunkonod and a moran.

It is hacking heavy, but can do a variety of missions and the mobile Brigada can gunfight his way out of a lot of situations.
>>
>>48094340
Yeah, I'm super excited for symbiobugs to round out the perimeter weapons.

They all look so rad now.
>>
>>48092856
USARF!
>>
File: UK.png (120KB, 171x272px) Image search: [Google]
UK.png
120KB, 171x272px
Unknown ranger.
>>
>>48098842

Neat!
>>
>>48098842
He's holding like a shield right? Hard to tell on my phone.
>>
>>48098982

Yea, its a big riot shield. They went with a Infinity Style Captain America it looks like.
>>
>>48098842
That's really cool...but jesus christ where are the Marauders and Mavericks, CB?!
>>
>>48098842
Super awesome.
>>
>>48098842
Hmmm...
>>
>>48098842
This is a weird model.

Why the dong does he have a stupid riot shield?
>>
>>48098842
I like it.
>>
>>48099351
Hopefully it's a cc weapon

maybe it'll work like old nanoscreen
>>
>>48099386
He has a "T2 CC" whatever the shit that means.
>>
>>48099386
It's his T2 CCW. Just shield bash some bastards.
>>
>>48099351
Because armor 4 on LI.
>>
>>48098842
For the life of me, I can't understand why he's 41/47 points. There's nothing on his profile that makes me go, 'wow'. No visor and no smoke grenades. I'm not sure what you're meant to do with him when there are other very good active turn pieces in USARF.
>>
>>48083429
My heart says the Nomad fleet, but there's no way I could make it with that crowd.

Probably either Pan-O or Haqqislam, they seem like the chillest of the bunch. Probably Haqq if I had to choose, living in a future oasis city sounds baller. Either way I get shafted with state-mandated religion, of course, but I learned to mime along in church a long time ago.
>>
>>48099553

He's basically a Veteran Kazak, and costed very similarly, he misses out on a few little bonuses the Kazak gets, but in exchange he gets decent CC and scavenger, and scavenger is the big problem, some games you'll steal a missile launcher and use it to gut an enemy TAG, some games you'll pay points for it and never use it.
>>
Can Chain of Command take over more than once?

If my Marauder Lt charges out and dies, Unknown Ranger with CoC takes over next turn. Then RVZ with executive order drops in immediately becoming the new Lt and dies. Does UR become take over again?
>>
>>48098842
Fuckin fantastic.
>>
>>48100240
Yes he does.
>>
>>48100260
That's pretty cool. Thanks!
>>
>>48100291
NP. I love chain of command models, and I like the Unknown ranger enough that I am going to pick up USA just to run him.
>>
I need a good idea for a custom HVT for my Haqqislam army? any idea?
>>
>>48100427
What do you mean by custom?
>>
>>48098842
YES!!!!
>>
>>48100427
not the released HVT but something comical or thematic, i.e. banana for MAF
>>
>>48100871
A camel.
>>
>>48099078
and Minutemen and Blackjacks
>>
>>48100871
You mean like a kebab?
>>
>>48100871
A bomb?
>>
Whats the price point on Red Veil going to be roughly?
>>
>>48100871
ISIS flag?
>>
>>48101377
A BOMB
>>
>>48101404

Probably around $100 like Icestorm.
>>
>>48101518
>>48101377
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NG1qKzIsisU
Get out of there!
>>
>>48100970
I think that's been done but for a nasmat iirc....Also the kameels already troop profile
>>
>>48098842
I'm SO glad he's not a retarded and blatant pop culture reference. Can't wait for better pics of him.

But it's pissing me off that Marauders, Minutemen, and Mavericks are not out yet.

>>48101136
Blackjacks too, but not before at least some goddamn Marauders
>>
>>48098842
I'm glad they were at least a bit subtle with the Captain America reference.

At this point CB is just mocking USARF players. Eventually they'll just release the Blackjack and everyone will still be mad because there's no Marauder box.
>>
Yes I want more USARF stuff.

That doesn't mean I'm not excited for Mr. Tacticool badass.
>>
>>48098842
I was hoping for a cutie or chuck norris.
>>
>>48102285

They are delaying the blackjack until they drop more Azra'ils and Ahl Fassed, gotta inflate the sales of those models somehow
>>
>>48102285
If they do that, I'm dumping my usarf. Foxytrot and DD was bad enough. At least the UR isnt bad, but still made me think about dropping the army.
>>
>>48102472
The unknown ranger is meant to be a mysterious hero, having the face be visible would sort of defeat the point. Besides, nothing is confirmed until we see the ass.

>>48102805
I found the release schedule for USAriadna:
>2016: Unknown Ranger, Foxtrot sniper
>2017: Hardcase with light shotgun, Airborne Ranger with molotok
>2018: Blackjack sniper, LRL Maverick as exclusive miniature in Operation: South Rises Again (Ariadna vs ALEPH)
>2019: Blackjack with AP HMG
>Fucking Never: Marauder Box, Minuteman Box
>>
>>48102472
I was hoping for a qt too - like IQ from Rainbow 6 Seige plus riot shield. I might convert one up since I have like 2-3 extra Grunt bodies.

>>48102961
>dat release schedule for USAriadna
....optimist
>>
>>48102285
>At this point CB is just mocking USARF players.
I'm just glad I have my MAF too because they got pretty much everything except new Kurgats. Which are meh nowadays anyway.

Being USARF is suffering though. I haven't even painted up my box yet because every army I want to build is pretty much unattainable and nuts to Kurwa.
>>
>>48103767
Kurgats, Rasyats, and I'm hoping for a new Zerat. Also I wouldnt mind new hungries, but I'm content with the current ones

All of my USARF are painted except for one of the traktor muls and an extra starter pack Foxtrot I got from cho. But I've never played a game with them because of those unreleased models
>>
>>48103767
There's also Suryats, Zerats and Rasyats, though Zerats have aged pretty well. A Raicho resculpt might also be in order, the old one is complete shit imo.
>>
Question.

A devil dog is not facing my Father knight. The Father knight uses his assault skill. Could someone break down step by step what happens in this round?
>>
>>48104285
I should add, the devil dog tries to shoot a smoke grenade on the floor as an ARO
>>
>>48104285
Assuming all of the requirements for Assault are met and FK reaches the DD, DD may either:
- Change Facing at -3MOD because he cannot draw LoF to Dodge properly. But DD can dodge to Disengage afterwards if the cc is still locked.
- DD can also CC back at the FK, because Close Combat doesn't require LoF.

At least I think this is right. Someone correct me if I'm wrong.

>>48104375
He can't shoot a grenade without LoF to the Attacker.
>>
>>48104429
>change facing
okay

>cc back
makes sense

>cant shoot a grenade without LoF
see, I was reading about the zone of control, and you can do AROs that don't need LoF. The smoke can be shot on the floor in front of the devil dog, but because it's a special dodge, does he need to see what he's reacting to?
>>
>>48104285
Step 1: Active player activates FK and tells that he uses Assault skill against DD, describing the route he takes.
Step 2: The player immediately measures the distance FK has to make. If he can make the contact, the Assault is successful. If not, he travels the furthest distance he can and end his activation. AROs ensue.
Step 3: Reactive player choose his AROs. Assuming no other models saw the FK running or were in ZOC, the DD is the only one to ARO. If the FK made into BtB with him, he gets the usual choice between Dodge and CC. If the Assault didn't happen, he can declare Change facing instead, throwing against PH with -3 mod.
Step 4. Assuming that the Assault did happen, CC ensues. FK has a -3 to his CC skill thanks to Assault.
>>
>>48104463
also, would the smoke even do anything? I know the FK needs LoF to declare his assault, but by the time the ARO gets called, the FK has already entered BtB with the Dog. Can he make CC attacks in a Zero Visibility zone?
>>
>>48104463
>does he need to see what he's reacting to?
That is correct. This kind of action also requires that the smoke template locks the LoF between the thrower and the attacker.
>>
>>48104463
Smoke Grenades is still a Throwing Weapon. In Active the DD need LoF to the spot he wants to land the grenade. In ARO, LoF to the Active model needs to trigger the ARO and the DD needs to see the spot to hit.
>>
>>48104506
>>48104511
Okay thanks, that's what I wanted to clear up. So a alternate scenario I was curious about.

Lets say the DD could see the FK charging at him, and succesfully shoots a smoke grenade to block the FK. Does the FK still get to make a CC attack at the end of his movement?
>>
>>48104562
>change facing
I was wrong. I think you can Dodge to disengage normally, since the assault into the DD puts them both in Engaged state

As for Smoke Dodge against Assault, no Smoke does not stop the CC from the FK. Normally, Smoke can special dodge from attacks that require LoF.

But...CC attacks does not require LoF only base to base contact, and after the FK makes his 8" Assault move, he's in CC and free to swing.

At least, that's my understanding of the situation
>>
File: 1423645562123.jpg (105KB, 676x850px) Image search: [Google]
1423645562123.jpg
105KB, 676x850px
Sup dudes, Just wondering if you could nitpick my list.

Ariadna
──────────────────────────────────────────────────

GROUP 1 10
SCOUT Lieutenant Ojotnik, D-Charges, Antipersonnel Mines / Pistol, Knife. (0 | 29)
SCOUT (Forward Observer) Ojotnik, D-Charges, Antipersonnel Mines / Pistol, Knife. (0 | 30)
SCOUT AP Sniper Rifle, Antipersonnel Mines / Pistol, Knife. (1 | 29)
VETERAN KAZAK (X Visor) T2 Rifle, Light Flamethrower / Heavy Pistol, Knife. (0 | 38)
VETERAN KAZAK AP HMG / Heavy Pistol, Knife. (2 | 47)

GROUP 22 / 4 / 4
TANKHUNTER Portable Autocannon, D-Charges / Pistol, Knife. (1.5 | 34)
112 Light Shotgun / Pistol, CCW. (0 | 12)
IRMANDINHO Chain Rifle, D-Charges, Smoke Grenades / Pistol, AP CCW. (0 | 8)
IRMANDINHO Chain Rifle, D-Charges, Smoke Grenades / Pistol, AP CCW. (0 | 8)

5.5 SWC | 299 Points
>>
It begins:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3L_tx7wwE7c
>>
>>48105268
That 112 isn't going to be able to do much doctoring with just 2 orders.
>>
>>48105447
True, but I don't really expect my grunts to live that long. There'll be room when one of them karks it.

...unless you can suggest a model to swap it with? How about one of the scouts?
>>
>>48105464
Possibly the AP sniper. I don't expect it to do much other than sit on its ass at a nice vantage point, much like the tankhunter
>>
>>48105481
Cheers mate
>>
File: GC05_7.jpg (139KB, 2000x839px)
GC05_7.jpg
139KB, 2000x839px
Well....Apparently the UR is a gencon exclusive. pressumably we'll get an alternate sculpt later
>>
File: GC05_4.jpg (177KB, 2000x839px) Image search: [Google]
GC05_4.jpg
177KB, 2000x839px
>>
>>48105672
...the riot shield...wonder if we'll get rules for it?
>>
>>48105685
He's already got ARM4, NWI, and Mimetism (probably because he carries his cover around)
>>
>>48105672
Probably with a molotok, since this one has the rifle.

>>48105685
The shield is how he's ARM4 without being HI.
>>
>>48105749
if it's just the gun change then I'm cool with that. Maybe an alternate riot shield? Just keep the pose
>>
>>48105749
Though what's better rules-wise, the molotok or the rifle version?
>>
>>48105839
Depends on what you want, I guess. Molotok seems like a good rambo, like some sort of shorter ranged Vet Kazak that can push buttons. Rifle has CoC, but relies on scavenging to get a worthwhile weapon.
>>
>>48105672
>Gencon exclusive
Oh for fucks sake
>>
>>48105672
>GenCon exclusive
There'll be a second mini. They don't release vanilla profiles in exclusive runs only.
Got to say, I'm not that keen on it. The concept is cool, but the shield just looks goofy to me.
>>
>>48105680
FUCK MY DICK CAN ONLY GET SO HARD
Guess I'm NOT selling my JSA after all :)
>>
So is the Yuan Yuan confirmed as the preoder exclusive?!

I NEED TO KNOW
>>
>>48106115
Yes.
>>
>>48106121
FUCK
>>
>>48106007
He can be ordered via CB's store
>Don't panic.
>>
>>48105672
USArdinia is it is to along with my Tohaa.
>>
>>48106007
Gencon and Interplanetary. And you can order through the CB store.

Also I'm sure there will be an alternate sculpt much later. If would be a shitty move on CB to not release another version to the general public.
>>
I give absolutely zero shits about this but someone might.
>>
New thread is here
>>48106468
since this one is auto sliding.
>>
>>48106385
Any word on the Dire foes?
Thread posts: 327
Thread images: 36

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.