[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

ELDRITCH MOON

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 374
Thread images: 39

File: Oath of Hotness.jpg (928KB, 3399x2141px) Image search: [Google]
Oath of Hotness.jpg
928KB, 3399x2141px
CARDS & SPOILERS THREAD

LAST THREAD
>Nahiri seals Sorin into a stone prison
>Nahiri gets away without punishment
>Olivia is ded, rip dick
>Emrakul sealed
>Oath of Lili
>More shitty wolfs
>More shitty intro pack filler
>General asspain
>>
>>48055080
Eldrazi wolfs are actually good though because they don't flip back

I wonder if someone will come up with a deck that abuses Geier Reach Bandit and Eldrazi wolves
>>
>>48055080
>>Nahiri seals Sorin into a stone prison
>>Nahiri gets away without punishment
Ass pain is correct.
>>
File: Waifus claimed.jpg (82KB, 708x405px) Image search: [Google]
Waifus claimed.jpg
82KB, 708x405px
>>48055091
Honestly I believe that the 1G 2/1 can be good, and that maybe thanks to him, arlin and that alpha wolf a midrange g/r can maybe be playable on standard if the meta slows down a bit.

But that's a lot of maybes.
>>
>>48055104
>They're dead, Nahiri killed everyone people liked.
Please do not be right.
>>
>>48055105
> they're not going to pull a Hannibal for Sorin

Watch as he comes back as Mardu within the next 3 years. Or they bring him in as a tertiary member of the Legion of Doom
>>
>>48055123
I just wanted my mostly chill slavic vampire trying to enjoy his lifetime in peace. This is not fair.
>>
File: New walker card.jpg (176KB, 640x1024px) Image search: [Google]
New walker card.jpg
176KB, 640x1024px
Guess Tamiyo's card effects? Im guessing she will be like Kiora except for clues

>+1 Put a clue on play
>-2 Crack the clue
>-6 ultimate probably a super tutor effect or sealing
>>
>>48055128
Maybe he ends up like a wandering hannibal after he breaks free from that stone cocoon thing, Its not like time is a thing for him to worry about. Hell I could see him just chilling at Innistrad once he realizes not everything is dead.

Then promptly go on a warpath for Nahiri.
>>
And some friends are actually defending Nahiri. This makes me fucking mad reeeeee
>>
>>48055129
im going for something about being unable to play creatures of a certain toughness
>>
>Jacestice league saves zendikar by killing ulamog and kozilek
>nahiri is completely oblivious to them and the fact that zendikar is saved
>jacetice league saves innistrad by sealing emrakul into the moon
>sorin is completely oblivious to the fact that they saved innistrad

Calling it right fucking now.the Jacetice league is going to save Theros and Mirrodin and Elspeth/Karn won't have a clue it happened.
>>
>>48055148
His family didn't survive stone encasing, what makes you think he will? Also, reverse Declaration in Stone depicting this event when?
>>
File: EN_SOI_2_ww075x32ot.jpg (264KB, 1200x675px) Image search: [Google]
EN_SOI_2_ww075x32ot.jpg
264KB, 1200x675px
So apparently Nahiri

>Planed the genocide of a whole plane
>Staged the death and corruption of it's protectors
>Brought an Eldrazi titan
>Sealed Sorin
>Killed Olivia
>Killed Ludevic
>Killed Gisa
>Killed Geralf

AND GOT AWAY

FREE

TITS ALL THE WAY TO FREEDOM
>>
>>48055088
Because that would be par for the course. What, you thought all the corruption and mind control wasn't someone's magical realm?

>>48055080
>Nahiri gets away without punishment
This actually makes me mad. Avacyn, Gisela, Bruna, most of the angels, and most of the plane in general died horrible deaths because of this woman, and she gets to walk free? BULL. SHIT.

Do they want us to sympathize with her, or identify with her? Because she's a madwoman who actively TRIED to get a plane destroyed by an Eldrazi titan to get back at one person she thought slighted her. Sympathy isn't something that's going to happen except coming from people who'd suck down anything Wizards shoveled into their gobs without complaint, and MAYBE some nutso feminsts who think that any "strong" female character is a "good" character.
>>
>>48055129
It's been confirmed there's no clue interaction in this set. I'm guessing something like
+1 draw a card
-2 tap target creature
-8 emblem "whenever an opponent taps a crature, draw a card"
>>
>>48055173
>>Killed Ludevic
>>Killed Gisa
>>Killed Geralf
Source?
>>
>>48055167
Which reminds me...

WHERE THE FUCK IS EDGAR MARKOV
>>
>>48055129
My guess is that there won't be a Tamiyo card because Wizards just wants the entire set to be a big fuck you.
>>
>>48055173
yup,
CHECK YOUR PRIVILEGE CIS SCUM, HOW DARE YOU QUESTION XHE BEING A BEAUTIFUL KOR WOMAN DAT DON'T NEED NO MAN!
>>
File: 1262422117202.png (47KB, 569x571px) Image search: [Google]
1262422117202.png
47KB, 569x571px
>>48055190
People who got the book, also apparently Thalia, which actually makes me mad.
>>
>>48055194
If that Sorin plotline pans out, this would not surprise me in the least.
>>
>>48055173
>Killed Ludevic
>Killed Gisa
>Killed Geralf
Please be wrong. Innistrad has already been ruined enough.
>>
>>48055194
That's clearly card art. >>48055129
>>
>>48055173
Technically Sorin killed Olivia.
>>
>>48055190
There is nothing about this in the bool btw.. not sure where it came from.
>>
>>48055206
nah its irredeemably fucked, when stupid bitch nihiri goes back to zendikar she will do an oops teehee and thats all we will ever hear of this because womyn can't do no wrong.
>>
>>48055211
More like literally
>>
>>48055211
>Nahiri kills the plane
>Sorin gives up and decides to leave it forever after handeling Nahiri, who is responsible
>This somehow causes Olivia to attack Sorin and blame him for this
I don't even care anymore.
>>
File: IMG_0246.png (2MB, 987x720px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0246.png
2MB, 987x720px
>>48055201
YOU ARE GODDAMNED BULLSHITTING RIGHT NOW.
>>
>>48055176
I'm worried that Nahiri's going to be the Lex Luthor to the Oathwatch's Super Friends.
>>
I remember how happy you all were when Nahiri was revealed as Stoneforge Mystic lol
>>
>>48055201
Man, not Thalia. She's my favorite and I was hoping she'd survive this ridiculous mess.
>>
>>48055201
If Ludevic, Geralf, and Gisa are truly dead... then I don't fucking know. I am gonna be legit mad, maybe even make buncha social media accounts just to send angry responses towards Wizards.
>>
>>48055225
Olivia gets mad when she realises Sorin has no intention of trying to get rid of Emrakul and turns on him to make him go along with Nahiri's "die for Innistrad" plan.
>>
File: Gerald.png (65KB, 177x231px) Image search: [Google]
Gerald.png
65KB, 177x231px
Someone needs to photoshop Nahiri into this image.
>>
>>48055201
>also apparently Thalia
just needs to get Odric too for the full "fuck everything people like" set
>>
Sorin's out of the BW game. Zombie Elspethfags must be rejoicing now.
>>
>>48055234
Because we didn't expect Wizards to go full retard with the story the past 4 sets.
>>
>>48055246
Post dat page(s) already, anonbro
>>
>>48055246
I get that, it's just Olivia's priorities are seriously fucked that she chooses to fuck with Sorin when Nahiri is very much more at fault and less caring about Innistrad than Sorin.
>>
>Not only is Sigarda's hexproof bullshit protect her from Emrakul, but is also safe from WotC's bullshit

Truly the greatest character of all time
>>
File: ugin.png (126KB, 223x311px) Image search: [Google]
ugin.png
126KB, 223x311px
>be me
>be millennia-old spirit dragon
>It feels like just yesterday a bunch of wizards broke the multiverse
>they manage to mend it back together, but it's all fucked up now. They couldn't get planeswalker sparks to work right anymore.
>Stupid wizards and their hubris.
>Blink my eyes, a new generation is born.
>New planeswalkers show up. They think they are hot shit because they can barely get from one plane to another.
>They seriously have NO IDEA what they are toying with.
>The guys from yesterday were already arrogant little shits, but these new guys have a perspective of only a few decades at most.
>They want to dick around with the multiverse
>they try to kill the eldrazi
>damn it, they just got done fixing up the multiverse yesterday.

Fuck me right? Some dude that won't live long enough to see my next piss in his lifespan thinks he knows better what the effect of killing the eldrazi will be than a fucking dragon that witnessed the mending. These fuckers are going to end up tearing a hole in the multiverse and are going to be all like "waaah, our actions have consequences!"
>>
>>48055259
Seriously, if someone's still able to do scans Thalia and the others need to be confirmed. I want to know how strong of a burning rage I'll be carrying in my heart through the day, for planning purposes.
>>
File: 1466389617513.gif (3MB, 658x800px) Image search: [Google]
1466389617513.gif
3MB, 658x800px
>>48055080
STILL NEED PICTURES OF THIS BULLSHIT, BUD.
>>
>>48055264
>Hexproof from shitty writing
My sides.
>>
Arlinn Kord teams up with the vampires dealing with the threats in the woods, while Sorin and Nahiri have their fight in the manor.
>>
>>48055263
It's almost as though it's contrived and shitty writing.
>>
>>48055269
>be shitty ripoff of nicol bolas
>do nothing but act as spirit dragon zordon for a group of teens with attitude
>>
File: 1342349322435.jpg (52KB, 526x300px) Image search: [Google]
1342349322435.jpg
52KB, 526x300px
>Wizards shits on the Zendikar return making people never go back and hate the eldrazi
>Now kills EVERYONE people like in Innistrad
>Also Nahiri plotline feminist mess
>Meanwhile we get more Gatewatch down our throats

Man at least the game itself is good, but Wizards is like the Konami of story writting, they actively shit on their fanbase, just
>>
>>48055173
Sorin's neglect left her with nothing left to lose.

Its either kill her or don't, there's no way to punish her when her entire reason for living is already gone. That would be a waste
>>
>>48055263
He's about to kill Nahiri, so she decides to stop him so Nahiri can use her power again to send Emrakul elsewhere, but he kills her instead lol
>>
>>48055251
i legit don't even know why hes still black other then lolvampire. all he was trying to do is deal with his plane and not have horrible shit like nahiri happen to it.
people could claim hes black because he wanted to leave even though as far as he was aware of was completely unable to do shit to loldrazi that seem to die like bitches these days, so as far as he was aware of he was trying to avenge his people then survive trying to deal with shit as time goes on.
if it was me i want him pure red just off of how sheer buttfucking mad he should rightfully be after this entire retarded mess and all the factors involved.
>>
It's a good thing that we don't have to consider this crap canon, isn't it?
>>
>>48055263
Olivia isn't a rational actor. I mean fuck, nobody is, the reason Sorin had to babysit his plane is it was always on the edge of destroying itself.
>>
>>48055176
She's supposed to be a recurring villain.

At least, that's what should happen.
>>
>>48055306
At this point, I am having fun imagining Weatherlight 2.0 with Ludevic instead of the shitty writing from Hasbro.
>>
>>48055275
>Arlinn Kord teams up with the vampires dealing with the threats in the woods

YES

FLUFFLY TAIL SURVIVES
FLUFFLY TAIL STRONG
>>
>>48055290
They could try to take her spark away and give it to someone more worthy, like Ludevic or Thalia.
>>
>>48055250
At least we get some good/interesting cards in return
>>
>>48055286
Part of it is the extremely protracted (year+) development and lead times they have on sets making it incredibly hard to fix things when they fuck up.

A bigger part is just Wizards being complete shit at writing. I'll not try and say that the older stories were high art, but at least I didn't hate them.
>>
>>48055290
>there's no way to punish her when her entire reason for living is already gone
There are a LOT of ways, anon. Your problem is that you're even more creatively bankrupt than WotC is.

>That would be a waste
Justice is never a waste.
>>
>>48055283
>implying the gatewatch aren't doing exactly what Ugin told them NOT to do.
>implying Ugin doesn't pity their arrogance.

If Ugin was their leader, the Gatewatch wouldn't have been so short-sighted. The Gatewatch is the equivalent of a band of disobedient kids that want to play with matches indoors. Ugin is like the bystander that barely gives enough of a fuck to tell them that it's a bad idea, but the rugrats think they know better.
>>
>>48055316
>At least, that's what should happen.
what should happen is he goes full R and puts her head on a pike to ward off planar threats
>>
So that leaves one question.

Who takes down Brisela?
>>
>>48055318
And will never be seen or heard from again after this set.
>>
>>48055297
>why hes still black other then lolvampire
He only really cares about himself.

Oh no, Zendikar is fucked? well, whatever fuck them. Oh wait, eventually this might bite me in the ass, I should do something I guess.

My family is going to eat all the humans, then die out, thus ruining my home, I like that place and eating people, so Imma make an angel that kills my kind and obeys me to keep the population in check.
>>
>>48055331
probably nissa just to push the full retard to an entire circle of fuck our customers.
>>
>>48055251
If anything, he's coming back as Mardu or pure Black.

>>48055230
Lex seems to be more Bolas, I just wished Sorin would be the Batman to the gatewatch since he already nailed the entrance anyway, I guess he could be Dark Knight Rises Bats when he's trapped in the pit
>>
>>48055333
Good, the RG walker meme needs to end so we can get actually interesting color combos
>>
>>48055320
There is no mechanism within the story to do that here and now. But since she is alive it can happen later. Which makes her getting away a wise choice.
Actually if that does happen to her, it would be best if phyrexians took it, just to make the fuckup utterly total and appease people that want her to suffer.

>>48055324
>There are a LOT of ways, anon.
Like? don't be edgy and just list absurd and pointless physical torture, thats kinda missing the point.

>Justice is never a waste.
I'm sure that felt good to say but that doesnt make interesting material.
>>
Sigarda and her horde of humans try to stop Brisela and her horde of eldrazi angels. Sigarda wins when Brisela tries to meld with her and she strikes from within.
>>
>>48055334
still far les black then "fuck everyone but me lets unleash these horrible monstrosities and be the most arrogant shit" nissa, or Nahiri, you know, the stupid PMSing shit who started this feminazi wet dream because her daddy figure wouldn't pay enough attention to her and she fell for the Ugin meme.
>>
File: 1284878651182.jpg (59KB, 471x694px) Image search: [Google]
1284878651182.jpg
59KB, 471x694px
>>48055353
>Sigarda DEATH AS WELL

NOOOOOOOOOO

STOPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPP
>>
>>48055353
Given how much of a fuck you Eldritch Moon's story is, I'm surprised Sigarda doesn't die in the process.
>>
>>48055353
>Protection from shitty writing becomes canon

I don't care if you're fulla shit. I'm satisfied
>>
>>48055350
Death is a pretty good punishment for trying to destroy a plane.
>>
>>48055364
Sigarda has hexproof you fucking mongoloid he just said she wins.
>>
>>48055365
>implying she didn't
anon plz, shes gone.
>>
>>48055353
I just wanted Gisela to be okay, why'd they take all of the angels, wasn't Avacyn enough?!
>>
>>48055360
>, or Nahiri,
shes doing something bad, not something back. She wants revenge on Sorin for his lack of action (and for maybe putting vampires on zendikar, that ever get explained?) and thats all super red.
I like Sorin because hes almost entirely self interested, but usually not evil, even if bad things tend to follow him.
>>
>>48055317
I like the idea of Delver using some of his followers and Hive Mind to communicate with the crew of the Weatherlight 2.0. He wouldn't go onto ship himself because there are currently three wizards on board (Ludevic, Geralt & Gisa and the acolyte) and he would end up converting them into Insectile Aberrations.
>>
>>48055370
it isn't if she happens to die on Theros
>>
>>48055353
>sigarda stops her sisters
whoah who could have seen that coming

what a waste of a good theme this set's been
>>
>>48055370
And my point was if they don't want to be unable to use her in any stories then there is no way to punish her, because the only real punishment left right now is death.
>>
>>48055353
This all happens in Thraben and Thalia is also there with her order and they all seem to be able to use the power of the geists of slain cathar to help the gatewatch repel the eldrazi.
>>
>>48055377
Zendikar's vampires are Eldrazi drones who evolved into humanoids.
>>
>>48055371
>he just said she wins.

But

>Brisela tries to meld with her and she strikes from within.

I read that as Brisela tries to meld and (Brisela) strikes (something? tentacles?) from within (towards Sigarda)

Or

Brisela tries to meld with her and she (Sigarda) strikes from within (like killing both in the process with her own scythe)

So rip Sigarda
>>
>>48055389
Shut up.
>>
>>48055377
your shitty waifu is an attention whoring shit who did this because sorin wouldn't put up with her shit.
>>
>>48055386
As long as Thalia and Giest of Stand Traft make it out okay
>>
>>48055381
You specifically wrote that to hurt me, haven't you?
>>
>>48055388
thats absurdly dumb given they also fight the eldrazi.

Are they like, eldrazi cancer?
>>
>>48055391
>no argument
>s-s.shut u-u-uup

Are you ok anon? Little feelings hurt?
>>
>>48055394
Guess I hit a nerve?
>>
>>48055384
>And my point was if they don't want to be unable to use her in any stories
Then they shouldn't have written themselves into a corner where she's essentially unredeemable and death is the only way out.
>>
>>48055389
name one hexproof legend that has died in the magic storyline
>>
>>48055395
Thalia is dead, and thus Giest dies with her.
t. Wizards of the Coast.
>>
>>48055389
Imagine this instead

>brisela tries to meld with her
>sigarda resists because hexproof
>survives long enough to strike brisela's heart
>traumatized, but sigarda floats triumphant in her own sister's guts
>>
>>48055405
I don't need an argument, nigger. He said "Sigarda wins." You, being an autistic cocksucker, still think there's something to argue about. Put a gun in your fucking mouth and kill yourself, subhuman.
>>
>>48055397
No, i wrote it like that because Geralt and Gisa are technically a single Wizard...technically.

I hate this new captcha.
>>
>>48055415
You can win AND die in the process, just like Sigarda.
>>
>>48055395
I just finished that part and it doesn't mention anything about Thalia dying? Not sure where that came from.
>>
>>48055421
I would love to beat you and your entire family to death with a metal club now.
>>
>>48055422
Out of someone's ass until a source is actually posted. It's just mass hysteria because the book is being leaked.
>>
File: 1467210171966.jpg (78KB, 517x650px) Image search: [Google]
1467210171966.jpg
78KB, 517x650px
>>48055421
A FUCKING LEAF
>>
>>48055410
This. Nahiri is completely irredeemable.

She tried to kill an entire plane full of innocent people by feeding them to a cosmic horror and gets countless innocent people killed and mutilated in the process because she was mad at one dude.

That's some Yawgmoth level shit. You don't get to redeem yourself from that.
>>
>>48055410
>where she's essentially unredeemable
They made people care about a vampire who kept herds of humans so vampires can thrive in his absence loved and adored, I think they can salvage this character going mad with grief.

besides, if they keep her as a villain, then redeeming her is unneeded.
>>
File: 1464473190517.png (972KB, 784x720px) Image search: [Google]
1464473190517.png
972KB, 784x720px
>>48055425
>hyper sensitive anon using the agressive card

L O L

People really get that attached to card waifus?
Sigarda died, so what? You got a nice card for standard.
>>
>>48055439
>That's some Yawgmoth level shit.
ok, thats too far. Shes not trying to enslave all of existence.

Shes a terrible, terrible person, but shes not a literal embodiment of evil from hell who commits genocide for fun.
>>
>>48055442
He just said she wins. She also has fucking hexproof which is basically immunity from storylines in this company's fiction.

So shut your idiot fucking nigger retard autist cocksucking mouths.
>>
File: 1406708029526.jpg (230KB, 750x960px) Image search: [Google]
1406708029526.jpg
230KB, 750x960px
>>48055456
>tripfag

Stopped reading there.
>>
So aside of this two mongoloids arguing... Is Sigarda ok? Because I feel completely lost at this point.

>tfw it's all Dragons of Tarkir again

At least Tamiyo is fine
>>
>>48055350
Death. Confiscation and redistribution of Spark. Imprisonment alongside Emrakul. Imprisonment in general. Some form of enforced exile. Exactly how a lot of these things could be accomplished would have to be left to the writer's imagination: it's a big Multiverse, the possibilities are infinite.

As for "interesting material", you'd prefer a non-ending where the villain just walks off stage with no consequences for her actions? That's not "interesting material" either, and it's deeply unsatisfying.
>>
>>48055462
That's good. You should stop reading forever and kill yourself.
>>
File: IMG_20160701_102633_zpsy2ojvmb9.jpg (464KB, 1024x670px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160701_102633_zpsy2ojvmb9.jpg
464KB, 1024x670px
"Transforming the moon into a giant Helvault that would keep the eldrazi bound forever. Or so they hoped." LOL
>>
>>48055399
It's more like they're independent pieces that broke off and evolved consciousness since they came from black mana.
>>
File: 1464230536942.png (336KB, 700x793px) Image search: [Google]
1464230536942.png
336KB, 700x793px
>Nahiri right now

I like her now because of how much butthurt this is making.
Also sorinfags always act like entitled cunts.
>>
>>48055476
>As Avacyn's motto said.
Stop giving me these feels, you've already taken enough.
>>
>>48055441
>besides, if they keep her as a villain, then redeeming her is unneeded.
And that is just as, if not more, retarded than letting her walk away never to be seen or heard from again.

Unleashing Emrakul isn't an of act of villainy that a character gets to twirl their mustache and walk away from. This is public execution and catharsis for the battered peoples of Innistrad type shit. There should be crowds of survivors cheering as Garruk makes a guest appearance to take her head off, not leaving her alive so she can come back and be evil again later.
>>
>>48055487
>leafposting
>>
Nahiri must die
>>
>>48055493
garruk's probably going to be relevant for something liliana wants and will get jacetice'd for being a problematic individual
>>
>>48055451
No, she only commits genocide because of one man, because obviously the solution to hating a man is to genocide a plane by bringing in an extra planar eldritch entity.
>>
>>48055451
>ok, thats too far. Shes not trying to enslave all of existence.
If you're enslaved, at least you're alive to quietly bitch about your situation.
>>
File: 1437605090561.jpg (64KB, 752x501px) Image search: [Google]
1437605090561.jpg
64KB, 752x501px
>>48055466
>non-ending

They clearly want the Jacetice League to be a through-line and connective tissue. Whether or not Nahiri becomes a recurring villain or (god forbid) a member of the SuperFriends or something else, it would be asinine to assume that the set would have any finality or resolution about ANY of the Planeswalkers' fate, most of all of two of the last Oldwalkers.
>>
>>48055183
>It's been confirmed there's no clue interaction in this set

WTF i hate Wizard now
>>
NAHIRI MUST DIE
>>
>>48055529
Agreed. Clues were my favorite new mechanic, and I'm hoping they at least return in the future at some point.
>>
I hate Nahiri now.

These spoilers were painful.
>>
Nahiri must die.
>>
I'd be funny if Nix catches wind of what Nihiri has done and crushes over her. Would be even better if he tries to get chummy.
>>
>>48055476
Any other new art?
>>
File: poke.jpg (32KB, 223x310px) Image search: [Google]
poke.jpg
32KB, 223x310px
>>48055516
I'm sure it will be something stupid like that, or him forgiving her or some stupid horseshit.

I don't care anymore, unless this set turns out to be really mechanically interesting in the remaining 130ish cards I think I'm just fucking done.
>>
>>48055555
Nice get
>>
>>48055545
They will return in the next Unglued set

t: WotC having a laugh
>>
>>48055566
Updated Old Fogey when, Wizards?
>>
>>48055523
Except for Sorin being encased in stone and shelfed.
Except for Tamiyo who fucks off and won't be back til Return to Kamigawa
Except for Tibalt who is completely forgotten.
Except for Arlinn who lives happily ever after.
There's tons of finality in planeswalkers stories in this set.
>>
>>48055551
EVERY
VILLAIN
IS
LANDS

OTHERWISE KNOWN AS EVIL
>>
Nahiri planeswalks away after she locks Sorin and before emrakul is trapped, with a creepy smile on her face. I guess it confirms she's a new villain. And also hints at her being mentally unstable, as she talks with herself asking where she'd like to go now...
>>
This fucking thread.

You complain that the heros win everything forever and then you complain when Nahiri gets away with it.
>>
Can someone post Olivia dying? I need....I need some closure man
>>
>>48055080
Liliana is also hotter than ever.
>>
>>48055577
It is not about Sorin, dear troll. It is about Gisa and Geralf and Ludevic and Olivia and the milions of people on innistrad.

It is about her being a pure evil bitch that deserves to be put down.
>>
>>48055597
Nahiri is a piece of shit character.
>>
>>48055597
it's almost like shitty writing makes people hate the story regardless of the outcome
>>
File: 1371095121255.jpg (56KB, 660x467px) Image search: [Google]
1371095121255.jpg
56KB, 660x467px
>>48055580
Literally none of those except Arlinn's implies that they're gone forever. You even used language that implied they WOULD OR COULD RETURN, dude.
>>
Nahiri must die
>>
Fuck these wannabe villains.

When's Mishra?
>>
>>48055597
Because the heros won AND nahiri got away with it.

We wanted Emrakul to either win or fuck off while Sorin kills Kor Hitler.
>>
>>48055595
"Her watch has ended"
>>
File: 1404002102540.png (411KB, 447x447px) Image search: [Google]
1404002102540.png
411KB, 447x447px
>>48055595
>Nahiri planeswalks away
>with a creepy smile on her face
>GETS AWAY WITH A SMILE
>>
If anything, encasing Sorin in stone probably is just going to leave him there for a few sets until he breaks out and FINALLY give Sorin something to do other than going to a plane and fuck off after doing fuck all. It sets up Nahiri as another villain while also providing another potential anti-hero to the gatewatch in Sorin, once he gets un-stoned.
>>
>>48055597
Because Nahiri didn't win. She just created a bunch of drama, allegedly killed our boy Ludevic, then fucked off when comeuppance came.
>>
>>48055577
>buttmad sorin fags

I don't give a shit about Sorin, but thanks for caring enough to imply that I did, it makes me feel better.

>>48055580
>Except for Tamiyo who fucks off and won't be back til Return to Kamigawa
Can't wait to see how big of a clusterfuck that turns out to be.
>>
>>48055598
There's no art of her dying
>>
File: 1428195934313.png (122KB, 572x662px) Image search: [Google]
1428195934313.png
122KB, 572x662px
>>48055609
>all these people acting fucking bonkers in the thread over Nahiri getting away

I dunno dude, it's seriously schlock, but you can't deny its precision-guided effect. Maybe that's really the most depressing part of all of this.
>>
I can easily believe Stoneforge Mystic will be the fucking retard who causes the "Aether Revolt".
>>
>>48055625
>Can't wait to see how big of a clusterfuck that turns out to be.
Why? It's just going to be Nahiri going to weebworld
>>
>>48055630
Possible, though I figure it'll be Chandra helping magically-attuned people fight against their government.
>>
File: 1451799068317.jpg (120KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
1451799068317.jpg
120KB, 500x500px
>>48055623
>accomplish all goals
>entomb opponent after getting him to kill his waifu
>also I guess Olivia is dead
>'YOU DIDN'T WIN'
>>
>>48055625
nah kamigawa will get bolas'd, if you remember the shitshow that was future sight, bolas already is pissed at the place after nights reach kicked his ass all the way off the plane, in addition the guy who dropped a god damn moon on him's ancestor lives there.
>>
>>48055627
Well, innistrad was a fan favorite, so it's not exactly a surprising reaction towards the character that fucked it up.

Wizard's is likely hoping the drama inflates sales, and the depressing part is that's probably going to be the case.
>>
>>48055644
>Faggot samurai kicks Bolas' ass
>Another faggot samurai does the same thing
>Then the plane gets locked out, Bolas can't even get revenge
>Nichol Bolas gonna get his ass kicked by a samurai the third time when we come back
Loving every laugh.
>>
so will innistrad just be a fucking mess of a plane now or does everything just get cleaned up and swept under the rug, and the plane just stays kinda werewolf and vampire's version of fucked
>>
>>48055597
The only thing I'm mad about is the potential death of most of the SCIENCE! crew
>>
>>48055610
Exactly, an ending. Nahiri's story doesn't have an ending, she just leaves. No inkling what her further plans might be, no indication that she has any idea that both planes she left to die are still alive, no interaction with the Oath. A non-ending.
>>
>>48055638
I will fucking riot if Tezzeret isn't on Kaladesh.
>>
>>48055659
best part is i could see ajani somehow ending up living there, causing it to be the single largest source of bolas butthurt in the multiverse.
>>
>>48055661
With the Markov and Voldaren families eliminated only the Stromkirks are around to cause vampire trouble so that's going to be pretty easy to deal with. All of Emrakul's mutants may or may not have been moon-sucked along with her.
>>
>>48055659
>>Nichol Bolas gonna get his ass kicked by a samurai the third time when we come back
Doesn't he know time magic? why can't he send that third samurai to a future where HIS EVIL IS LAW!?
>>
>>48055648
That's the moral of this story: don't get attached to any character that's not one of the Jacetice League.
>>
>>48055661
> or does everything just get cleaned up and swept under the rug,
This, Innistrad getting fucked beyond redemption is just a friday-night for those living on Innistrad.
That said, RIP most of the fun characters that we enjoyed seeing on Innistrad.
>>
>>48055269
Sorin should just pull and Ugin while he's in jail and astral travel places.
>>
>>48055682
which is a shame, because it's the non-gatewatch monocolor walkers that are the interesting ones
>>
File: SOI.jpg (158KB, 758x1037px) Image search: [Google]
SOI.jpg
158KB, 758x1037px
>Avacyn goes mad and is killed
>Gisela and Bruna turn into spaghetti
>Sigarda dies putting them down
>The one who did it gets away with it

Wizards... please. Just stop.
>>
>>48055648
>Wizard's is likely hoping the drama inflates sales, and the depressing part is that's probably going to be the case.
That's retarded, people buy the set for the cards, why would people buy a set out of hate-boner for the story? They are not in a comic-book business.
>>
>>48055676
Don't forget the scattered Falkenrath as well.
>>
File: tangentailly related.jpg (24KB, 223x310px) Image search: [Google]
tangentailly related.jpg
24KB, 223x310px
>>48055677
Because the Umezawas are crafty little slant-eyed fucks

>>48055707
Given their recent writing they may think otherwise.
>>
>>48055707
>They are not in a comic-book business.
they want to be

that's why they made the gatewatch
>>
>>48055672
The hell did Ajani fuck off to anyway?

He was the original posterchild for white walkers. Him, Tez, and Bolas need a proper return to the story.

Hell, it's even Bolas's fault the eldrazi were released in the first place. Did he seriously do that just to fuck with people without any gain whatsoever? That just feels so out of character for him to do that.
>>
>>48055715
Yeah but they're crazy so that's more like high background radiation than the organized genocide of the vamp families Sorin had to put a stop to.
>>
>>48055702
It's the non-Gatewatch characters in general that are the interesting ones.
>>
File: 1451081407706.png (261KB, 557x434px) Image search: [Google]
1451081407706.png
261KB, 557x434px
>>48055731
>implying Nicol Bolas hasn't just been winging it and getting by on the multiverse's greatest poker face/intense leg days

He's still laughing about that goof he pulled with Sarkhan.
>>
>>48055731
>implying
its totally in his character, hes a petty arrogant shit, thats literally how he has been since legends, he did it just to annoy people and get some chuckles. he also probably did it because odds are likely he knew sarkhan was gonna fuck up hard and accidently ugin back from the dead, so what better way to distract the ass then shit his arch nemesis's all over the damn multiverse.
>>
>>48055734
Funny enough, Chandra and Nissa were actually interesting characters until origin rewrite happened.
>>
>>48055752
>Nissa
>good
Around Elves, Watch Yourselves.
>>
>>48055752
>nissa
>interesting other then shes an evil psychotic mary sue shit who gets away with everything evar.
anon plz.
>>
>>48055731
He's still on Theros, I think, preaching against the gods or crying over Elspeth or some shit.
>>
>>48055752
I miss elf hitler.

I hated her, but she was a character.
>>
>>48055752
>Chandra
>Interesting
I didn't pay too much attention to her lore but wasn't she just Jaya-lite?
>>
>>48055766
>>48055767
I liked Nissa as an apologetic asshole with superiority complex. Her first planeswalk was some legit great stuff.
>>
Returning casual here. Should I sell my misty rainforest and emakrul aeon torn or hold onto them. I see they have pretty high value.
>>
>>48055780
just sell them and leave the game, its probably for the best these days.
>>
>>48055749
Pre-mending Bolas=/= Post-mending Bolas

New Bolas is all about "I WANT MUH OLD POWERS BACK". He wouldn't have sent Sarkhan to free eldrazi if he wasn't absolutely sure it would further his goal to gain his pre-mending power.

He also got the shaft since him killing Ugin got retconned to hell
>>
>>48055778
More of a successor really.
>>
>>48055778
Basically, which makes some sense because Jaya was the prototype planeswalker.
>>
>>48055772
>>48055779
elf hitler was amusing, i'm just pissed she never got her comeuppance. in addition this stupid shit involving nahiri strongly hints to her dumb ass joining the retarded superfriends some dumbass point in the future just to complete the cycle of showing exactly how shit wizards actually is.
>>
>>48055769
Nah, he booked it after Brimaz told him to leave because Heloid was probably coming for his cyclops ass.

>>48055772
Well, now you have Kor Hitler. Enjoy!
>>
>>48055080
>Be Gideon
>Took care of the last of those giant purple fuckers. And it only took like a week.
>Helped by a freaky white bitch who knows everything about the moon, which is cool.
>Helped by another freaky white bitch who probably has nightly zombie bukakke parties.
>Don't like the second one so much.
>Don't like her bukkake zombies either.
>I coulda done her job better. Was about to sural the fuck out of those mutants, or at least kept them away while Nissa was doing her thing.
>Whatever, she helped. I don't like that she killed all those people without even thinking about finding a cure or something.
>Graciously invite the both of them to the Gatewatch, even though there's no more eldrazi to fight probably.
>Moon bitch turns me down. Is apparently autistic.
>Cream-filled says yes, but only in the most snarky way possible and makes it clear that she's only doing it for her own personal empowerment.
>What.
>Look at Nissa. She's petting a tree, telling it that it's going to be okay now.
>Look at Chandra. She's chatting with "Lillykins" about some girlpower bullshit.
>Look at Jace. Eating spaghetti out of his pockets. Again.
>About to slap that bitch for her impudence but I can tell from the pace Jace is cramming that pasta down his throat that he's got a crush on her.
>SIGH. Anything for my bros.
Another day in the life of Gideon Jura.
>>
>>48055788
>implying
literally the first thing he did as soon as he came back from the dead was explode teferi a bunch of times for shits and giggles.
anon plz.
>>
>>48055813
>Now you have Kor Hitler instead, enjoy!
FUCK YOU
>>
File: yep.jpg (30KB, 223x310px) Image search: [Google]
yep.jpg
30KB, 223x310px
>>48055823
And you wouldn't?
>>
>>48055822
gideon is by far hands down the best character in the league, hes the only one with any morals worth shit and his entire job in life is literally tardwrangling super powered dumbasses from fucking up any worse then they usually do.
being gideon is suffering.
>>
>>48055822
made me honestly laugh
good job anon
>>
>>48055813
>Well, now you have Kor Hitler. Enjoy!
muh plane, muh revenge, nothin personnell innistrad isn't much of a character now that innistrad is over and done with, whereas elf hitlerism theoretically has unlimited potential interactions

which is why they'll keep her as a generic and fucking boring green walker forever
>>
>>48055804
Apparently Nahiri was planeswalkibg away mumbling to herself, she's more of a likely candidate for the legion of doon then the watch. Plus now they gave Sorin another chance of showing up and join the watch or something, or whatever BS wizard comes up with.

>>48055813
Watch as wizard completely retcon kor hitler like elf hitler by saying its all sorin's fault.
>>
>>48055823
Which was pre-mending ya dingus.

Bolas hasn't done shit besides fuck with his minions and lose to a cyclops cat that created a manifestation of himself or whatever. New Bolas ain't shit.
>>
>>48055852
i'm honestly convinced this entire time hes just been fucking around in some random plane causing entire generations of species to continuously fight in war for his amusement or some equivalent shit.
>>
>>48055844
And, like elf hitler, we'll hate it and bitch about it on the internet.
>>
>>48055864
i miss the wizards forums for days like today where i could simply go yell at MaRo or other development shitheels when they go full fucking retard like this.
>>
>>48055844
How many Hitlers are we going to get before Wizard's Hitler boner goes flaccid?
>>
File: lewd.png (72KB, 959x506px) Image search: [Google]
lewd.png
72KB, 959x506px
>>48055822
Haha time to repost this
>>
File: 13.jpg (56KB, 312x445px) Image search: [Google]
13.jpg
56KB, 312x445px
>>48055822
>mfw proto-gideon could just solo emrakul
>>
>>48055822
>>48055838
He's Freddy. The Jacetice League hop around the planes in his van and smoke his weed, and though he may not be the most effective person in the world at his job shit only gets done because of him.
>>
>>48055719
>>48055707
>>48055648
Wizards have had as their goal for well over a decade now to get a Magic the Gathering movie made. All the decisions that have gone into the creative aspect of the game in recent times have had the ulterior motive of proving to Hollywood that the game has relatable heroes and interesting storylines that could totally be made into blockbusters.
>>
File: image.jpg (58KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
58KB, 375x523px
>>48055080
Guys come on you're doing that thing the Lore general does where they state shit as fact before they have hard evidence.

I'm not even saying that you're wrong but I'd like some photos from the book before I lost my shit.
>>
File: 1458439730082.jpg (141KB, 717x880px) Image search: [Google]
1458439730082.jpg
141KB, 717x880px
>>48055914
>pictures all over the thread
>but I'd like some photos from the book before I lost my shit.
>>
>>48055903
I know and I hate it.
>>
I like how Wizards acknowledged a few times that the Gatewatch killing the Eldrazi was fairly unpopular with lore players, and then they did the exact same thing in the next set.
>>
>>48055931
Many things that are being stated have not been depicted yet.

>Sorin's imprisonment
>The Bitch fucking off Scott-free
>The deaths of beloved Innistrad characters

Please use your eyes in the future.
>>
>>48055931
There's still at least one autistic talking about Sigarda and the blue-blacks being killed.
>>
>>48055931
Link me the picture source that claims sigarda, Thalia, ludevic, gisa and Geralf are dead, go on, I'm waiting.

Oh yeah, it doesn't fucking exist.
>>
>>48055931
To be fair to him there's no proof of the SCIENCE! crew's death in the thread. I really hope it's not true.
>>
>>48055903
For storytelling purposes, the two-set block system really doesn't work.

>First Set
Set the scene, introduce the heroes and villains and lay out the beginning of the story.
>Second Set
Suddenly, plot twist that changes the situation the heroes are in and puts them at a disadvantage! In this same set, they also offset this disadvantage and defeat the villains at the exact same.

So we've got the beginning standing alone and the middle-end awkwardly fused together, making any adversity that we see at the start of the second set seem completely pointless because we know that in the very same set, it's going to be resolved.
>>
>>48055944
By the time OGW released, ROI and EMN were probably at the printer's. All the art had likely been commissioned and completed, and developement was busy on Kaladesh or even the block after that.

My point being it was waaaaaaaaaaay too late for them to change jack shit after OGW's reception.
>>
>>48055955
This could be easily solved if they didn't just wait until near a set's release to tell their set's story. Their story has literally got spoiled twice already by an ART book twice because it's so damn slow.
>>
>>48055955
I'm sure Wizards would have noticed that the three set block and three act story lined up perfectly if they had any awareness at all and were interested in anything other than how to get more money out of their playerbase.
>>
Can we get more pictures from the book?
>>
>>48055955
Easy. Change it so the first set is the beginning and middle. Bam.
>>
>>48055988
or just go back to the three-set block
>>
>>48055997
that would require them to admit failure at a corporate level, unlikely.
>>
File: image.jpg (87KB, 1024x576px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
87KB, 1024x576px
>>48055988
Here's some artwork of Nahiri in the new set
>>
>>48055984
No because then people would be forced to admit all their conjecture is made-up bullshit.
>>
>>48055997
Honestly, three-set blocks worked so much better. I don't see issue with having two-set blocks or four-set blocks if story demands it, but instead they hard-wire themselves in these shitty two-set blocks and the story just keeps being rushed out and awkward as a result, you don't even get to fully enjoy the set mechanic wise before jumping to the next.
>>
File: image.jpg (75KB, 615x884px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
75KB, 615x884px
>>48056007
More artwork, wizards loves shoving Nahiri in our face
>>
>>48055955
Well, it'd work better if we had the beginning-middle and then also the middle-end. Spread the period of adversity and hard times between both sets and give time for the tension to stew.

The main problem with this is that they move the story at such a pace that by the time the second set comes out, we've already gotten the end spoiled for us while they're still focusing on the drama of 'how could the heroes possibly win after this setback.'
>>
>>48056006
>>48056014
why do these people have to fuck with things I love

two set blocks are fucking boring to draft, and the lore has proven to be a fucking mess
>>
>>48056014

Yeah, as much as I loathe the current story it could have worked...alright...as a 3 set block.

Set One: Shit is starting to finally get back together, hints of bad stuff.
Set Two: Ok, something is definetly going down with stonebitch but we don't know what yet.
Set Three: Oh jesus fuck, Eldrazi.
>>
>>48055969
Equating two-set blocks as a sort of a cash grab is blindly cynical at best.

The design team pushed for two-set blocks because having three sets was a major problem with design. The second set always built on the first set, but if the third set built on top of that enough to distinguish itself from the second set, it would be disconnected from the first set. The third set problem has been around for so long that almost every block has tried some sort of gimmick or workaround, which has given very limited success.

The two-block model just means that whenever we would have gotten a disconnected gimmick set (legions, alara reborn, rise of the eldrazi, avacyn restored, dragons of tarkir) we would instead get a proper set. It's a strict improvement to design. If having two-sets wrecks the narrative, then I'm pretty sure the creative team just didn't have the foresight to see it coming and adapt.
>>
Do we actually have some confirmations about any of these outrageous claims?
>>
>>48056023
More like:
>Set One
As Shadows of Innistrad.
>Set Two
Oh shit, Eldrazi and Horrors and Eldrazi Horrors! And a new Emrakul! Holy shit!
>Set Three
And now we get the chance to see the people of Innistrad of all colors as they fight back against Emrakul!
>>
>>48055967
The art book is supposed to spoil the story. Wizards wants to make sure that you understand exactly what's going on so that you can watch their terrible movie once it gets made and say "oh, I totally remember this storyline".

Back when the cards told the stories most people only caught glimpses of it and didn't understand it fully and had to do a lot of guesswork and assuming, which, to be honest, works a lot better for the medium but doesn't work when you want Hollywood execs to buy your movie rights.
>>
>>48056040
part of the problem wizards chose to continue and resolve the eldrazi arc as it's test drive of the 2 set system, which, in the way they tried to do it, is a terrible fit for a 2 act narrative, especially considering they had to meld it with two "return to" narratives. they essentially tried to tell a generic heroism story twice, and ended up telling the same story twice while fucking everything interesting about the settings.
>>
File: why would you do that.jpg (50KB, 292x302px) Image search: [Google]
why would you do that.jpg
50KB, 292x302px
>>48055201
> kill off Thalia

I hope this isn't true. They can't kill my waifu.
>>
>>48056040
We know design team pushed for it, and I get their intention. But based on Innistrad and Zendikar, it doesn't work with the type of grand plots they've been attempting. And it also ended up working rather bad for drafting. The only thing people feel from this set is that they are quick cash-grabs, regardless of intention.

Also I hope you're not serious with the whole Dragons being disconnected set. What you're looking for is FATE REFORGED being mostly disconnected and gimmick set. Which still works out better than current model.
>>
>>48056090
they are killing everything that is even remotely likeable on the plane, so Thalia's definitely on the list.
>>
http://magic.wizards.com/en/articles/archive/making-magic/state-design-2015-2015-08-24

>For most of the other mistakes, I think I know what I'd do if I had to do the block over again. The solution to this one, though, is far less obvious. Magic has a long history of creating cool, exciting worlds and then trashing them. I believe it is one of the biggest issues with a three-set block, that the need to make the last set so different mechanically pushes us to do radical things to the world to match the environmental shift.

>Long ago, we saw mechanics as disposable; we then came to realize that they were valuable tools we could reuse. I think in many ways we used to see worlds in the same way. We visit and move on. But now we're realizing we've built cool places we want to go back to. That gets us to this problem. We made a very compelling world that players fell in love with, and then we changed it to a less compelling world forever. Now, I don't believe we thought we were doing that. We over-valued the Dragon-filled world and underestimated the warlord clan world.

Oh wow, MaRo, you totally haven't done this twice in a row with two-set blocks, have you?

No no no, you've totally left Zendikar and Innistrad as the sort of planes that we knew and loved in the first place. You haven't left a sour taste in our mouths at all.
>>
>>48056110
Well, they ran out of mechanical ideas for Dragons of Tarkir, hence the existence of 'megamorph.'

I imagine that we'd have a much pleasanter view of DtK if Megamorph was replaced with Manifest.
>>
>>48056117
>Long ago, we saw mechanics as disposable; we then came to realize that they were valuable tools we could reuse
>we could reuse
Worked out well for surge and clues, I see. Oh wait, how's that colourless mana symbol? lol
>>
>>48056110
>And it also ended up working rather bad for drafting.

Name one block where the third set improved the draft environment. The best draft environments just get diluted by a third set.

>Also I hope you're not serious with the whole Dragons being disconnected set. What you're looking for is FATE REFORGED being mostly disconnected and gimmick set. Which still works out better than current model.

Dragons is disconnected. Khans and fate reforged could at least be drafted together. Dragons completely pushed out the three-color theme. The same thing happened when Rise of the Eldrazi completely pushed out Zendikar, and when Avacyn completely pushed out Innistrad.

Triple Zendikar was a terrible format, but I won't forgive Avacyn for destroying Innistrad draft. One of the best draft formats ever was cut short for a disconnect set.
>>
>>48056117
>Long ago, we saw mechanics as disposable; we then came to realize that they were valuable tools we could reuse.

"That's why every year we reuse one or two mechanics at most while creating nine or ten new ones that will only show up on less than a dozen cards ever."
>>
>>48056125

>>48056156

Magic is in great need of some kind of meme-word catch phrase to describe players who are only aware of a year or two of the game's existence, then say things that sound stupid to players that have been with the game for a bit longer.
>>
File: Youre not fooling anyone.jpg (54KB, 493x476px) Image search: [Google]
Youre not fooling anyone.jpg
54KB, 493x476px
>>48056184
>Im le old fag meme
>>
>>48055234
I actually traded my Stoneforge playset for the GP ones despite hating foils just because I don't want that bitch on my decks.
GP Stoneforge is actually a younger, cuter kor that doesn't look like her mascara is alive and eating her face.
>>
>>48056023
I think it could have worked as a 2 set, and really well at that.

>set 1: Emrakul is already there fucking shit up.
>Avacyn gets corrupted along with the other angels, Sorin puts her out of her misery.
>Nahiri traps/kills Sorin, leaves him to die as his home is destroyed.

>set 2: All hope seems lost, Gatewatch arrive but can't really do anything.
>Tamiyo and Liliana shows up with the zombie pile.
>Emrakul is imprisoned.

The issue is that it's a return block, and thus the first set was about revisiting Innistrad as itself before the second could pour spaghetti on everything. Which means Emrakul had to be introduced, the apocalypse had to happen, and the hero's had to win against the odds, all in the span of a SINGLE SET. Which is fucking retarded.
>>
>>48056117
See:
>pushes us to do radical things to the world to match the environmental shift
It's not a bad thing in his mind that Innistrad is "trashed", because that's what their brand of storytelling revolves around. Some sort of crisis strikes every world we visit, and in Creative's minds killing off everyone on Innistrad who was even remotely likeable or even that we were familiar with is exactly what they SHOULD be doing.

The writers see it as their jobs to come up with ways to ruin the setting.
>>
>>48055263
Everyone is acting out of character in a massive attempt to make Sorin seem like he's the one at fault here. And for some reason everyone fucking with him is a woman.
This shit is like Divorce Court, the set.
>>
>>48056069

Yeah, depends how much you want a focus on 'Investigation' vs 'Fighting Eldrazi'
>>
Wait, people were actually, unironically on Sorins side in the Nahiri vs. Sorin thing?
How? I mean, the entire thing is 95% his fault.
>>
>>48055286
>they actively shit on their fanbase
They've literally told us they're taking writing cues from Marvel.
Marvel's whole premise is writing to appease SJW bloggers and pissing off real fans because the grognards will be there anyway.
>>
>>48056244
this is a good bait, I expect you'll see many (yous) for it
>>
>>48056244

It's less 'On Sorin's side' as best as I can tell so much as 'Both sides are fucking dickbags but Nahiri is the one currently genociding people'
>>
Garruk killing the superfriends when?
>>
>>48056261
Yeah, but Sorin allowed the Eldrazi to get out in the first place by imprisoning Nahiri AND then not doing anything to get a replacement guardian for the Eldrazi
>>
>>48055297
>YFW Bolas frees him and tells him everything Ugin said about the eldrazi was a lie.
>>
>>48056193
It's not a meme, it's just the way Magic works. Being new isn't an excuse to be retarded.
>>
Still need confirmation on >>48055945 though it is amusing seeing people jump the gun.

I also find it hilarious how people are getting asspaind by Nahiri wrecking Innistrad and trying to spin it into some gender related nonsense or demanding an immediate comeuppance. You don't see this level of vitriol with anything Nicol Bolas has done. There's nothing wrong with having a long term female villain and the fact that people are getting so riled up may suggest to WOTC that they've successfully made a good antagonist.

If people would rather have the antagonists of a story be harmless and the setting to never change, then they should stick with slice of life comedies.
>>
>>48056270
>but Sorin allowed the Eldrazi to get out in the first place
he was the only one trying to stop them from getting released
>>
>>48056264
After Ludevic, Jin-Gitaxias and Niv-Mizzet make Weatherlight 2 and go on crazy science expeditions to various planes,
>>
>>48056184
Are you saying it's incorrect that Wizards introduce a dozen new mechanics every year and that most of them will never be seen again?
>>
>>48056264
You mean Garruk killing Nahiri
>>
>>48056286
He knew since before the mending and did absolutely nothing. How hard would it have been to find a replacement guardian? He reallx wasn't trying.
>>
>>48056125
or hell if the actually swapped Megamorph and Manifest, just to show that Tarkir is even more fucked than it was in the Khans timeline.
>>
>>48056316
Go away, Jace.
>>
>>48056284
It's just /r9k/ virgins who see "muh SJW" everywhere getting mad.
>>
>>48056284
> Nicol Bolas has done
Nicol Bolas is the saturday morning cartoon villain of MtG, the biggest thing he did recently was Alara merging and even then he didn't kill a single named character. That's why people aren't mad about him most of his plan end with the death of litteraly who not well liked character.
>>
Now that Liliana and Chandra have met, what are the chances they'll lez it up like on that famous picture?
>>
Could Garruk or Ajani win against anyone of the superfriends 1 on 1?
>>
>>48056328
>alara was recent

That was 7 years ago
>>
>>48056334
>Could Garruk win against any one of the superfriends one-on-one
Garruk, Apex Predator
+1: Destory another target planeswalker.
I think he could, yeah.
>>
>>48056341
What about Ajani?
>>
>>48056334
Liliana is tsundere for the Mindnerd, she doesn't have time for Chandra when she needs him to notice her.
>>
>>48056152
>Name one block where the third set improved the draft environment.
Original Ravnica. Damn, Time Spiral was close to that as well but Sprout Swarm ruined everything.

On the other hand, I would like to remind you that many drafts are ruined by the second set, Just like The mentioned Innistrad being destroyed by DKA and Khans completely ruined by FRF.
>>
>>48056356
Meant for >>48056331
>>
>>48056348
he fought bolas 1v1

Superfriends won't face any meaningful setback though. Muh recognizable brand, muh movies, muh face of the setting.
>>
>>48056339
Yes and he did nothing big since that. He sent Sarkhan on Zendikar and Tezzeret on new phyrexia and that's all.
>>
>>48056348
Card-wise, not a chance. All his + abilities buff creatures, and the best he can do is as Ajani Vengeant, dealing 3, which Gideon and Chandra can outrace the shit out of.
>>
>>48056316
You can't have Garruk kill or even threaten anything female anymore because tumblrinas would instant cry "RAPE" again.
>>
>>48056371
I meant lore-wise, anon.
>>
>>48056306

Yes, for two reasons.

#1: The majority of mechanics are eligible for re-use whenever a new set would need them. Just because a mechanic sits on the shelves for years, doesn't mean the mechanic is killed. Some mechanics are waiting for the right set.

#2: Your original post implied that keeping mechanics on the shelf somehow contradicted their policy of re-use. Mechanics are tools, and using tools for the wrong job is a great way to ruin them.
>>
>>48055676
The Falkenrath were always the most numerous and violent vampires, and they were pretty much left alone to do whatever this set.
Don't be surprised if Innistrad 3 looks like Requiem Vampire Knight.
>>
NAHIRI MUST DIE
>>
>>48056366
>yfw Tezzeret makes a surprise visit to Kaladesh

To be honest, I'm actually worried that we're getting A THIRD BROKEN ARTIFACT BLOCK or the a block that is worse than BFZ which was somehow worse than homelands
>>
>>48056384
>instead of vronos investigating his home plane's new weirdness, we got the superfriends
I mean why do something with one character when you can use six and throw someone interesting under a fucking bus.
>>
>>48056399
I just want a legendary Thopter.
>>
>>48056399
I want to see Karn on Kaladesh. Tezzzeret would be cool too. Honestly I just want a sign that the Scars story is still ongoing.
>>
>>48056425
So is Karn now corrupted by the Praetors?
>>
>>48056399
They're probably planning on making sure it remains at the post-KTK power level.

Expect a few pushed creature, awful removal, a bunch of powerful and unique creatures that are hideously over-costed and precisely one busted instant/sorcery that allows green to put a creature on to the battlefield without casting it.
>>
>>48056425
what's that? a return to return to ravnica?

we can do that
>>
>>48055604
"THERE'S A BAD GUY THEY DESERVE TO DIE" foubd the 16 year old
>>
>>48056434
No. Venser sacrificed himself to save Karn and purify him, then Karn fucked off to god knows where.

>>48056440
T-thanks Wizards.
>>
>>48056331
>>48056356

Also Nissa would become jelly, Jacetice League doesn't need a love triangle.
>>
I stopped playing Magic because of the stories. It wasn't because of the shit mechanics, overpriced cardboard, or overdone change to the game.

When are you going to start voting with your wallet too?
>>
>>48056434
Karn booked it, Koth is alive, the praetors all hate each other, and Urabrask still has a shot of redemption.

>>48056435
You're forgot one thing that has remained constant throughout mtg's histroy. Artifacts are broken pieces of shit.

>>48056440
Technically yes, since Lazav's plan hasn't gone into action. It's also implied that he's taking orders from Szadek.
>>
File: 1434911651876.gif (2MB, 240x180px) Image search: [Google]
1434911651876.gif
2MB, 240x180px
>More mind control/corruption magical realm
>WHEN ANGELS DESERVE TO DIE
>Everyone that's good or recognizable apart from the Planeswalkers apparently dies (confirmation needed)
>Liliana turns cooperative for Liliana reasons, because we have to get all five colors SOMEHOW
>Jacetice League literally can't lose
>>
>>48056468
Point to an artifact that has been broken since the M15 border change.
>>
>>48056331
>>48056356
>>48056465
>Implying anyone's getting in on the Naya love triangle
I don't think so m8
>>
>>48056465
You're right, that level of character interaction and interesting stuff happening would make the whole creative team explode.
>>
>>48056468
>Karn booked it, Koth is alive, the praetors all hate each other, and Urabrask still has a shot of redemption.

Aren't Norn, Vorinclex and Jin-Gitaxias all working together?
>>
>>48056476
What are you talking about, anon?
>>
>>48056482
everyone loves gideon
>>
>>48056479
Vorinclex and Jin hate the shit out of each other. Just look at any green or blue card from MBS/NPH and the flavour text will have one of them insulting the other.
>>
File: image.jpg (60KB, 265x370px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
60KB, 265x370px
>>48056471
Hangerback Walker took a huge dump on standard until Theros rotated out.

Be glad it's rotating when Kaladesh comes out.
>>
>>48056486
Yeah, I know that, I meant aren't they technically working together? Or is it just Norn and Jin?
>>
>>48056482
There was this whole thing in one of the Magic Stories about Chandra and Nissa "connecting" or somethng, and everyone wants a piece of Gideon's hot ass, so therefore Naya love traingle.
>>
>>48056490
... So, for a three month period?
>>
>>48056479
As far as I'm concerned Jin and Norn do, however cards like the new Ezuri imply that Jin and Vorniclex are still actively fighting each other.

Urabrash and Sheoldred are both fucked, along with the red faction (black was probably just taken over by a Thane that's more eager to kiss Norn's ass), don't know if dead tho.
>>
>>48056441
>"le Im da oldfagmeme"
> foubd

topest of keks =D
troll harder, boi.
>>
>>48056270
Because retcons to shove the self insert waifuhag in a story that shouldn't have existed in the first place.

>Sorin goes to investigate the alarm his long past friend set to the eldrazi prison
>Elf Hitler ruins everything
>Sorin recognizes himself overwhelmed and goes looking for the spirit dragon
Then retcons happened because muh cishet shitlord can't be good.
>>
>>48056519
Husbandofag detected.
>>
>>48056519
>implying anyone wouldn't destroy a plane for Nahiri's hot ass

Anon, please.
>>
>>48056519
basically all this means is that sarkhan fucked everything up

no dragons, no time paradox, no two-set bullshit, the innistrad mystery is just finding out the way the eldrazi move between planes and not some stupid drama bait
>>
>>48056284
Bolas and New Phyrexia combined killed like 5-named characters, 2 of them Praetors.
Nahiri destroyed a whole setting.

I'd be madder about my someone breaking into my house and purposedly stealing my first ed, copy of my favorite book than about the hobbo down the street knocking over the trash can. But you're a waifufag so whatever.
>>
>>48056530
True enough. She's not far enough on the crazy side of the crazy/hot scale to be out of the warm zone.
>>
So anyway, why did they turn badass Zurgo into a weak noob? And why is Narset such a shitty character?
>>
>>48056502
You asked for a rediculously powerful artifact and I gave you one. How long it raped face is irrelevant. Thragtusk(which was at the peak of its power during m13 by a large margin) existed for 3 months and look what that did with Flicker and Birthing Pod You got to pod X=>Huntsmaster=>Thragtusk=>Prime Time=>Elesh Norn.

Wolfbot might have a shot, but that remains to be seen.
>>
>>48056545
"pottery"

autism
>>
>>48056552
Wolfbot seems amazing in Affinity, fuck Standard.
>>
>>48056557
I was thinking a Burn varient actually.

Let's face it, you should be topdecking by turn 3-4 anyway if you're playing anything remotely burnlike.
>>
>>48056552
Come off it, Thragtusk and Siege Rhino left far more of a scar in the psyche of standard players than Hangarback ever did.

To call Hangarback anything close to broken just seems daft to me. It's nowhere near as terrifying as half of the shit churned out by either of the Mirrodin blocks. Powerful, yes. Meta-warping, not as much as other cards. Broken, no.
>>
>tfw Lili cucks Jace with someone of the League
Please Wizards
>>
>>48056545
Zurgo Bellstriker is still a powerful mardu warrior, he is just subserviant to the Dragonlord. From the look of things the set up for Return-to-Khans is going to be a Rebellion against the dragons, after all just look at the old khans.

Zurgo is still strong, just not Ubermensch Orc that he could be. Once he krumps the Dragonlord the entire Mardu clan (Including the Mardu dragons) will rally under him.

Zombie-Sidisi has already been declared that she is working on a plot and poison strong enough to dunk on the Sultai Dragonlord.

Anafenza is rallying the ancestors in homage to the old traditions and her army is ever-growing.

Narset is currently happy in Jeskai, but is mentioned to have just found an old forbidden archive talking about the time before the dragons that could be a real eye opener for her.

And Surrak just needs to be told three words."Dragonmeat is delicious."

Everyone has a motive and the power to be a credible threat to dethrone the dragons.
>>
>Nahiri apologists

Her writing was fucking shit, and her motivations are shit.

Stoneforge Mystic? More like Shitforge Myshit, am I right?

this post still manages to be better written and make more sense than the last set
>>
>>48056605
Not related but I was thinking on how perfect Zurgo effect is flavor-wise. He's forced to attack every turn so he won't ever block enemy creatures (except for vigilance) and he's indestructible while attacking which means he literally cannot be defeated in combat, greatest khan or greatest khan?
>>
>>48056605

Narset found it, became a planeswalker as is probably learning the ropes of it with sarkhan right now.
>>
>>48056636
Sorinfags on suicide watch.
>>
>>48056650
I would make her learn about ropes, if you know what I mean.
>>
>>48055703
Welcome to mtg, Serena.
>>
>>48056270
>>allowed

At which point? When they nearly broke out a thousand years ago, he didn't get the warning call because of interference from the Helvault. More recently, after Jace/Chandra/Sarkhan began the breaking of the seals, he went back to Zendikar wand traveled to the Eye to reset them, but dumbass Nissa (who was still elf-hitler at this point) broke the rest of the seals before he could.

So, after he realized the first time that Helvault prevented him from getting the warning, he somehow set it up so he would get it in the future, then later got the warning and went to fix it, but was beaten to it by Nissa.
>>
>>48056657
Everyone's on suicide watch

Emrakuk literally did nothing wrong directly.
>>
>>48056662
I want off this ride, friend.
>>
>>48056318
How hard would it have been to find a pre-mending walker, with knowledge of not just the eldrazi, but their prison and the enchantments on them?

Gee, you're right, probably a weekend getaway kind of deal.
>>
>>48056663
can you stop

Lying like that is really problematic. Sorin literally blew up zendikar all on his own.
>>
File: ae2.png (23KB, 500x294px) Image search: [Google]
ae2.png
23KB, 500x294px
>>48056693
>>
>>48056708
I mean why would you even think he was trying to stop the seals from breaking? That was the noble heroes of the Gatewatch working against the machinations of an evil, genocidal vampire.
>>
>>48055269
>greentext with punctuation.
Someone has to tell you that you are still a newfag who should lurk more.
>>
>>48056748
>getting triggered by useless shit

Autism, the reply.
>>
>>48055080
>>48055110
>>48055129
What book are those from? Doesn't look like the booklets that are in fat packs to me. But probably I'm wrong.
>>
>>48056768
Art is too good to be fake anyway.
>>
>>48056768
>>48056774
Innistrad artbook.
>>
>>48056417
Vronos is dead.
>>
>>48056802
Thanks famalampai. Does it span all innistrad sets, from original to eldrich moon?

Looks neat, might get it. Maybe there's even enogh info in there to run a RPG campaign.
>>
>>48056828
yes, that's what throwing someone under a bus means
>>
>>48056837
> Does it span all innistrad sets, from original to eldrich moon?
Yes
>Maybe there's even enogh info in there to run a RPG campaign.
Oh you're in for a treat. When they released the Zendikar one last year, they additionally released a related DnD supplement online just for that purpose, completely free. They may do that again this time, and if not, there should still be enough substance there to make sth yourself.

http://media.wizards.com/2016/downloads/magic/Plane%20Shift%20Zendikar.pdf
>>
>>48056718
Your bait is so weak, yet I feel compelled to point out how wrong it is. I won't dispute Sorin being evil, and genocidal is merely something we haven't seen proof of yet. But noble heroes of the gatewatch? Elf-hitler, well before the Jacetice League was even a thing, trying to stop him?
>>
>>48056860
>yet I feel compelled to reply
can't be weak, then
>>
>>48056860
Oh yeah, forgot about that thanks.
However I'm missing some stuff in that. I'd like to play a character that does not carry a weapon with him, but rahter draws one from the nearest stone when needed through Stoneforgefuckery. But there is no section for Zendikar magic sadly.

But I'd still love another book like that for Innistrad. I mean magic can be designed with the GM together I guess. Having the races alone is already very helpful
>>
>>48055216
>womyn can't do no wrong

She literally is doing wrong. You just want to see her punished right away, which is a different thing.

Jesus, Ob Nixilis literally just got away in the last block.
>>
>>48056605
>Everyone has a motive and the power to be a credible threat to dethrone the dragons.

How weird would it be if they put Dethrone in the next Tarkir?
>>
>>48055493
>Unleashing Emrakul isn't an of act of villainy that a character gets to twirl their mustache and walk away from

>Who is Ob Nixilis
>>
>>48057223
Ob was beating the shit out of the Gatewatch until a burn player came along to fuck his suicide-black deck up, it's completely different.
>>
>>48055604
Well, I guess I now know why they went the Jacetice League way if that's the way people want it to go. I mean, I thought their writing was shit, but it's apparently not shit enough for the LCD!
>>
>>48057181
Didn't kill anyone with a name did he?
>>
>>48056515
>old fag meme

No, I'm just not a GoT retard with my little girl and midget waifus who never die and always kill the "jerk"

I was just comment by on the age of your mental state, buddy
>>
>>48057276
But he skedaddled with no real punishment.
>>
>>48057880
He made it pretty clear that they were too weak to punish him.
>>
So, how powerful is Ob, and how did he regain his spark? Haven't paid much attention during Zendikar 2.0: Electric boogaloo
>>
>>48058222
They manage to imprison Ulamog, but he decides that the energy being used for that may bring his spark back, so he sets Ula free and regains his spark in the process. Then, for pure vengeance on Zendikar, he summons Kozilek who was sleeping underground and proceeds to laugh as both eldrazi destroy Sea Gate, then goes and beats each member of the Gatewatch and tortures them in a cave until Chandra arrives and the 4 of them battle ob nixilis before he planeswalks away promising he will plan a way to destroy them.
>>
>>48055080
What card is that supposed to be in the OP?

I need to be twelve of them.
>>
Jesus, what a load of garbage. I'm not a huge fan of the MTG story, but this is just awful
>>
>>48055173
Where are all of these spoilers at?
>>
>>48058388
Oath of Liliana.
Thread posts: 374
Thread images: 39

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.