[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Let's make a Superdungeon lads Only rule is D&D 3.5

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2

File: tomb of horrors.jpg (148KB, 640x467px) Image search: [Google]
tomb of horrors.jpg
148KB, 640x467px
Let's make a Superdungeon lads

Only rule is D&D 3.5
>>
I'd almost want to say to rip Undermountain wholesale, because it's one of my favorite megadungeons, but for the sake of not stepping on it's toes, I'd say the rule is to be as Un-undermountain as possible.

So, instead of a Mad Wizard, a sad witch? Instead of a mountain, a forest? Sea? Mangrove forest?
>>
File: NastyGoblinwithArtFak.jpg (54KB, 488x518px) Image search: [Google]
NastyGoblinwithArtFak.jpg
54KB, 488x518px
What ever we choose, we need the essentials:

1× mimic
1x gelatinous cube

I'd like to see a small band of adventuring goblins traversing the dungeon as well, no more than 4 of them.
>>
>>48026203
It's a city built on a mountain, with the base being ez-mode and the pinnacle being where the 6-winged angels kick your shit in
>>
>>48026456
Hell, you could even go full The Last Hero and have the player's ultimate goal to find the quickest way to the top, then bring as much gunpowder as they can and blow up the gods
>>
>>48026203
>>48026115
Something in the sky maybe?

Anyone read that one elder scrolls book with the floating city?
>>
>>48026115
>3.5
No thanks.
>>
>>48026888
Then don't post, triggered-kun.
>>
>>48026115
How are we going to prevent casters from just blowing through the dungeon effortlessly? Or are we just going to go full GM fiat and say certain spells don't work because we say so?
>>
>>48027074
You might want to try actually playing the game first before you comment about it.
>>
>>48027100
I have played, and it has happened. It's a legitimate concern brought about by known quirks in the system. And, since I'm assuming we're not making the dungeon for one particular group, we need to take these things into account because someone out there could potentially take advantage of any oversight.

I'm genuinely not trying to rag on 3.5 here. I'm just saying the system has flaws and exploits that we may want to account for.
>>
>>48027074
>>48027170
It's not that hard, you don't have to rely on fiat entirely. Dimension lock, sheets of lead inside walls of important rooms, make critical walls thicker and ward them against disintegration. If the dungeon was meant to hold against high-level beings, it's not even asspulling but rather basic thing to do. Also ensure 15-minute-workday isn't possible by introducing patrols or some other time limit.
>>
>>48027170
If you're talking about casters blowing through a dungeon effortlessly, especially a superdungeon, we're not really talking about the same thing at all.

But, if you are being genuine, my advice is to provide healing points in the dungeon, something like healing wells that heal a percentage of your health once an hour if you drink from their waters. This keeps the non-casters main expendable resource (HP) from running out before the caster's spells do, and with roaming monsters making taking a rest a gamble, it should keep everyone from trying to push a 5-minute work day.

If anything, the one thing I'll definitely suggest is a monster that can sense the Rope Trick spell and attack people in it.
>>
>>48026115

All of its challenges can be solved quicker and more easily by spellcasters.
>>
>>48027366
Do you think you're cute?
>>
>>48027366
Then let us make some anti magic zones
>>
>>48027023
>Linear posts, quadratic triggers
>>
We need to establish some things first

>Size
>Environment
>Theme
>>
>>48030523

> A colossal beehive
> Falling at terminal velocity
> A bad breakup
>>
>>48030540
I am okay with two of these suggestions
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.