[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is this mechanic considered a failure?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2

File: 126.jpg (75KB, 312x445px) Image search: [Google]
126.jpg
75KB, 312x445px
Is this mechanic considered a failure?
>>
>>47700902
No it's worked fine on a few cards. That particular one was just bad.
>>
>>47700957
But there wasn't any of it in the last block and hasn't been any of it in this block.
>>
>>47701251
So?
Everyt mechanic won't be in every set. That doesn't make it a failure.
>>
>>47701251
Because red only gets a small number of card draw like cards each block and with madness being a mechanic they went with rummage other discard stuff this bloke.
>>
>>47701316
That should only be true for less-simple mechanics unless something in the set necessitates excluding it altogether. Scry has managed to keep its presence in every set since it became evergreen.
>>
>>47701388
When mechanics are failures they tend to say so. See skulk.

No one was talking about this mechanic being a failure.
>>
>>47701364
Isn't it kind of a fuckup that they had two blocks in a row with mechanics that conflicted with this mechanic?
>>
I guess it would work in a red deck if you had a few 1-2 mana goblins or something
>>
>>47701487
No. Mechanics rotate.
>>
>>47700902
IMO. It's a fucking failure, with only a few notable card that make good on it.

I'm mean the ones that make it work are the best examples of this mechanic, and they are hardly earth shaking.
>>
I want to know what happens when she puts on the goggles
>>
>>47701564
There aren't that many examples of it period. So I don't see how this is an argument.
>>
>>47701607
>>47701564
Sorry. I meant:
ones that make it work are NOT the best examples of this mechanic ...
>>
>>47701564
just make it cost less lmao
>>
>>47700902

The thing they need to realize with this mechanic is that it needs to be cheap OR last until your NEXT turn. If it's neither, then it needs to be instant. Why? Unlike normal card advantage, this is a use it or lose it, and its gone forever instead of discarded.

OPs pic would be fine at instant speed I think. EoT, exile 2 and have some cards for next turn. As it stands now, you're looking at spending 3 mana for cards you have to cast now. The only place I got real use from it was monored EDH because of excess mana.

I think Commune with Lava is excellent. Not only is it instant, but it is good until your next turn. It's flexible enough that you can use it on your turn for potential removal, or go all in at the end of another turn at instant speed.

I think at sorcery, 1 mana per card is fine. 1R for 3 at sorcery might be fine, too, since at least one of them is probably gone forever. R for 2 is too much I think because of shit like storm, which is why I don't think 2 for 3 would actually happen.
>>
>>47700902
Needs an edit with WORLD MEME DATABASE
>>
File: image.jpg (38KB, 223x311px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
38KB, 223x311px
my favorite take on it
>>
>>47700902
Commune With Lava is bretty gud tho.
>>
>>47701500
It's played in some Legacy Belcher lists, and I guess probably Doomsday (if anyone actually plays it anymore).
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.