[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Warhammer Fantasy General

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 351
Thread images: 67

File: image.jpg (358KB, 799x1091px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
358KB, 799x1091px
Warhammer Fantasy General: Best Army, First Squatted Edition

Link to last thread: (I don't have it)

>1d4chan
1d4chan.org/wiki/The_End_Times (Compilation of all the End Times changes)
1d4chan.org/wiki/Category:Warhammer_Fantasy (All pages marked WF on the /tg/ wiki)

>Newbie Introduction to Warhammer Fantasy
http://www.mediafire.com/download/i330182xo9b1hsi/Rulebook+%28Hardback%29.pdf (Download, start reading at page 174 for the story and all the races)

>Warhammer Wikis
whfb.lexicanum.com/wiki/Main_Page (Warhammer Fantasy wiki)
warhammerfb.wikia.com/wiki/Warhammer_Wiki (Warhammer Fantasy wiki)
warhammeronline.wikia.com/wiki/Warhammer_Online_Wiki (Warhammer Online wiki with lots of background articles too. Also AoR is not ded: /vg/ for details.)

>Resources(Armybooks, Supplements, Fluff, Crunch)
pastebin.com/8rnyAa1S
www.pastebin.com/0e6RuQux
>Endhammer
http://1d4chan.org/wiki/Endhammer

>9th Age
http://www.the-ninth-age.com

>Total War: Warhammer
store.steampowered.com/app/364360/

>End Times: Vermintide
store.steampowered.com/app/235540/

>Mordheim: City of the Damned
store.steampowered.com/app/276810/

>Bloodbowl 2
store.steampowered.com/app/236690/

>Man O' War
http://store.steampowered.com/app/344240/

>Third party Miniature manufactures
http://pastebin.com/CvGaNyrk
>>
File: Carstein1.jpg (33KB, 327x507px) Image search: [Google]
Carstein1.jpg
33KB, 327x507px
What events would have to occur for a Von Carstein to be elected Emperor? What would happen under such a rule?
>>
What's your opinions on The 9th Age?
>>
>>47679713
Better than 8th, acceptable alternative to 6th.
>>
>>47679194
Basically the church of Sigmar falling apart and loyalists being defeated. Morr priests would probably also resist unless Vlad promised to stop making zombies/skeletons and ban Necromancers from coming anywhere near cemeteries, with a promise that at least most of the dead will be interred still. .

Since Vlad's claim would be shaky, some Elector Counts would rebel and Vlad would have to deal with a splintering of the Empire.

He'd probably move the capital to Sylvania. I don't see him making any drastic changes other than appointing vampires to replace rebellious Counts, maybe turn all Counts into Vampires but I doubt it since he'd have a harder time controlling them.

Dwarfs would probably break ties for the most part. High Elves would evaluate the relationship, but probably stay with thr humans.

Chaos would be far less successful be it Beast, man, or Daemon, and Wood Elves would attack more.

Neferata would work against the Empire actively, Strigoi and Strigany would be hunted down more effectively, Necrarchs would be hunted.

Khalida would lead active Tomb Kings campaigns against the Empire.

Lizardmen reaction unknown. Dark Elves don't really care about the Empire, so unchanged. Ogres already work for Vampires, so unchanged.

Skaven would probably be VERY concerned because Vampires are very effective anti-Skaven leaders but its doubtful the Skaven would get their shit together enough to stop it.
>>
>>47679713
Its the very first truly balanced Warhammer edition since 2e.
>>
>>47679194
preface: the needs and results for such a thing really depend on the von carstein in question so I'm gonna divide this response been what I hereby dub Von Coolsteins (for political Manfred types) and Von Crazysteins (for your genocidal Konrad types)
to get elected: for Von Coolsteins, infiltration into the noble houses and otherwise manipulate/mentally dominate sufficient elector counts to get elected, ideally while also crippling the church of sigmar to prevent witch hunter reprisal. Von Crazysteins have a more simple path to power, hold election, kill emperor and everyone who voted against you, then hold another election.
under their rule: Von Coolsteins would probably keep things sustainable in regards to protecting enough of the peasantry to live off of while slowly replacing the nobility with immortal servants/agents with openess of rule depending greatly on how successful they are at dismantling the churches of Morr and Sigmar respectively but inherit the problems of their forbears and the vamps begins fighting amongst themselves once they win for control of the largest remaining population centers leaving them possibly open to invasion from chaos, newfound enemies in brettonia or even kislev depending on if the land is saturated with enough dark magic to cause attrition or not (oh almost forgot, the VC empire would also become economically reliant on or increasingly confict with skaven over warpstone reserves to keep raising sufficient troops). Von Crazysteins would either implode from killing off all civilians/food supply or get overly aggressive and be beaten by a coalition of Tilea, Marienburg, Bretonnia, Estalia, a choice few border princes, Dwarves with a grudge over the destruction of their imperial allies, and maybe Teclis with some sword masters to crack down the rampant dark magic (this doesn't happen in my former example as Von Coolsteins bother with sublety and actual diplomacy to prevent such a coalition from forming, presumably)
>>
File: image.jpg (56KB, 680x166px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
56KB, 680x166px
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/967512676/dungeon-monsters-28mm-miniatures-undead-zombies-an

^Good Kickstarter for VC players. Pretty clear its supposed to be for Warhammer. "Ratman zombie, Lizardman zombie, Goblin zombie, Orc zombie".
>>
>>47679779
>>47679730
One thing I've noticed about 9th is that ridden dragons and the like seemed to get nerfed hardcore. 3+ save that can't be improved and no ward save. What's the point of a dragonlord in my Dark Elves army? Perhaps I'll just throw my lvl4 Sorceress on a Dragon
>>
>>47680073
Because cannons got nerfed, particularly as a counter because they can't snipe now, dragons got a slight nerf too.

It still takes concentrated artillery or powerful soldiers to kill one, but its now in line with other options.
>>
>>47679762
>>47679781
Okay, thanks! Food for thought!
>>
>>47679762
>Chaos would be far less successful be it Beast, man, or Daemon

Why?
>>
>>47680338
Undead are immune to Chaos taint. They can turn willingly, but in general they pass corruption saves by default, and the major strength of Chaos is psychological which the undead are immune to.

Plus, Beastmen and Warriors just become a supply of bodies to use to replenish your troops.

This is also undead who now have access to the Lore of Life and cannons.
>>
>>47679762
It depends on how close Vlad is to his novel incarnation where he's an absolute monster and dies before Isabella.

I do not see his novel incarnation leading a stable empire.

Also I don't see him hunting the Strigoi, he refused them aid but didn't actively slaughter them.
>>
>>47680394
Wait, are we talking about a Vlad and Isabella who come back after Storm, or Vlad and Isabella back in the Three Emperors?
>>
>>47679194

In Total War: Warhammer, Mannfred seems to be making a claim that the throne of the Emperor is legitimately his and he's somehow been cheated out of it.

What is the basis for this claim? Is he in anyway correct?
>>
>>47680502
Manfred has always (original and End times) been portrayed, behind his power, as a selfish, little bitch, whose basically a spoiled brat. So no I doubt it.
>>
>>47680502
Vlad was a legit Elector Count.

But Mannfred is neither his biological son or adopted. Also, Vlad didn't win the election for Emperor.

So no, he has no claim. At best he can push his name as a possibility once Karl dies, but he'd never be legitimately elected.
>>
>>47680502
Well his argument is that only Vlad's house is not corrupted by chaos/multiple takeovers by other houses/inbreeding. Therefore, only Vlads house can be elected legitimately. Its stupid logic, but since when did Mannfred car about logic?
>>
So what mods does everyone use when playing the best Warhammer game in years? The Empire of Sigmar (Best Total War Unit pack), as well as Proper Combat, mainly, but I also have a bunch of minor ones.
>>
>>47679713
Play KoW instead
>>
>>47682338
I said Storm, not End Times.

I assume most people want Vlad and Isabella to eventually come back, and almost certainly will since there's a literal model who's flavor text is "resurrects dead vampires".

On a related note, do we have access to the White Dwarf that introduced Vampire Counts or should I scan mine?
>>
>>47681954
localized recruitment mod for empire state troopers
>tfw removing VC with stirlanders
>>
In the table top what are the major pros and cons when comparing guns with bows?
>>
>>47682616
Bows are weaker but models that can take them are usually more accurate and Longbows have god tier range. Also usually cheaper. But deal less damage.

Bows have Volley Fire, so you can take an extra rank and still shoot without needing to make a gunline.

Crossbows are the superior option to both.

But that's for 8e, not sure about 9e.
>>
>>47680470
I meant the three emperors era novel that described Vlad and Isabella as far more brutal than their flavortext described. (With Isabella stealing the Vampire Tsarina's Bathelroy bathing habits and randomly slaughtering her whole castle and then complaining she's lonely.)
>>
>>47683109

> Warhammer Armies: Kislev
> Play Empire with the following modifications:

> Cannot take any Unique characters
> Cannot take Griffons, Steam Tanks, Luminarks or Hurricanium

> Entire army gains Hatred: Warriors of Chaos and Daemons of Chaos
> All Knightly Orders and Reiksguard lose Barding and replace their Plate Armour with Heavy Armour. In exchange they gain Fast Cavalry and cause Fear on the charge.
> Halberdiers may purchase Shortbows for +1pt per model
> Pistoliers may replace their Pistols for a Shortbow, +1BS and a move to Core

?
>>
What do you guys think of Radious?
>>47680502
Mannfred is good for farming XP
>>47681954
does proper combat work with the empire of sigmar mod pack.
>>
>>47683306
>What do you guys think of Radious?

Bad Mod (Very Very Dank Meme)
>>
>>47683047
Good point.

I think a lot of people disregard that series because it was kind of a letdown though.

But yeah, Vlad and Isabella if that is canon are far more proper Count Dracula. No happy Empire, it'd be closer to Morathi and Malekith ruling Bretonnia.
>>
File: wild hunt.png (166KB, 708x347px) Image search: [Google]
wild hunt.png
166KB, 708x347px
>>47683306
>What do you guys think of Radious?
He adds variety without reasoning on its ends coming out as redundant and unfitting.

He should spend five more minutes thinking about why he is doing what he is doing to the modded unit; there's plenty of space for even the strangest of units, it just needs a bit of polishing here and there to be used.
>>
File: holygrail.gif (492KB, 499x195px) Image search: [Google]
holygrail.gif
492KB, 499x195px
>>47680502
>The throne is mine by right!
It's an electoral system, fuckwad. Get in line with the rest of the plebs.
>>
File: Is a bella.png (162KB, 169x610px) Image search: [Google]
Is a bella.png
162KB, 169x610px
Quick, post actors that could stand for warhammer characters.

Starting with the obvious Helena Bonham Carter for Isabella.
>>
What Monty Python jokes should I make when I send my players to Bretonnia?

How do I stop them from avoiding this by going "On second thought let us not go to Bretonnia, 'tis a silly place." ?
>>
>>47683403
Seth Rogan for Archaon.
William Dafoe for Be'lakor.
The Rock for Grimgor.
Benedict Cumberbatch for Teclis.
Neil Patrick Harris for Karl Franz.
Somaya El Khashab For Neferata.
Tim Curry voicing Arkhan.
Simon Pegg for Mannfred.
>>
File: Blood on the Reik-11.jpg (103KB, 535x855px) Image search: [Google]
Blood on the Reik-11.jpg
103KB, 535x855px
>>47683421
Play it straight. ish.
Anarcho-syndicalist peasants make a pretty good plot hook, so you can just use it without being too obviously silly.
Reflavour the more absurd parts to create grimdark ambiance.
Sessions always devolve into jokes anyway, so there's no point in going too over the top with it.
>>
>>47683638
I'm probably sending them to Mousillion, so I plan to pull the anarcho-syndicalist commune gag to lighten the mood. Maybe the 'hasn't got shit on him' quip.
>>
File: just another day in sylvania.jpg (181KB, 905x745px) Image search: [Google]
just another day in sylvania.jpg
181KB, 905x745px
recommended mods?
>>
File: wardancer.jpg (101KB, 1024x937px) Image search: [Google]
wardancer.jpg
101KB, 1024x937px
First for elf asses.
>>
>>47683591
Angelina Jolie for Morathi

getting kinda old but....
>>
File: image.jpg (655KB, 2292x1500px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
655KB, 2292x1500px
>>47683864
Second for Asur fisting Druchii asses.
>>
>>47683948
Morathi needs to be THE cougar.

I don't see Jolie pulling off anything more than the look. I'd rather have her as Ariel.
>>
>>47683967
>>47683864
I ain't got no good druchii, so have Lelith
>>
File: image.jpg (181KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
181KB, 1024x768px
>>47684123
Make a Pinterest account and start browsing.

Keyword searches suck, but related images are always good.
>>
>>47683403
Heinrich Kemmler would be Sir Ian McKellen.
>>
File: That_meddling_vampire.png (409KB, 367x768px) Image search: [Google]
That_meddling_vampire.png
409KB, 367x768px
>>47680502
a picture is worth more than a thousand word
>>
>>47684192
But Pintrest spams constantly.
>>
>>47679762
orc and goblin would still WAAARGHHHHHH
>>
>>47684840
You can unsubscrube from emails you know.
>>
>>47684192
I have a pinterest account, yeah.

Hard to find druchii art that combines sexy and deadly without going too far in either direction.
>>
>>47684893
Ah, I thought that would put their stupid pseudo-paywall back up.
>>
File: 12553730.png (1MB, 1005x628px) Image search: [Google]
12553730.png
1MB, 1005x628px
Why do these manlets carry each other(what I'm presuming are nobles and such) on shields?
>>
File: 1461023152696.jpg (192KB, 1228x1496px) Image search: [Google]
1461023152696.jpg
192KB, 1228x1496px
>>47684938

Because it makes them a T5/W5/2++ Nightmare before any magical kit.
Lorewise it's because Dwarfs don't like taking their feet off the ground but still need a way for the King to show he is boss.
>>
>>47684938
Tradition.
>>
>>47684984
It also makes their models with that really fucking difficult to get on ebay. I guess I could make one, but that's annoying.
>>
>>47684984
>Dwarfs don't like taking their feet off the ground
>invent helicopters
>>
>>47685173
Dwarfs also like having something to complain about.

What's more miserable than a dwarf in the company of an elf?

A dwarf who's recently parted company with that elf.
>>
>>47682338
>this late in 2016
>still calling WARHAMMER ENDTIMES AoS
>>
>>47684123
Why is she barefoot?
>>
>>47685604
So I can cum on her feet
>>
>>47679194
ELECTED would be tricky. He could just conquer the provinces and force the counts to elect him I guess

As for what would happen, he'd turn the population into his food and fodder stock
>>
>>47679779

If you don't play VC or WoC sure. Other factions are beastmen tier compared to them.
>>
File: image.jpg (224KB, 559x849px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
224KB, 559x849px
>>47687100
He didn't even try to get elected. His introduction to the Empire was unleashing a zombie apocalypse and telling everyone he met the nobles of Sylvania are all still vampires.
>>
where are some good fantasy models I can use for lords/heros

is the scale for darksword miniatures close to GWs?
>>
>>47688508

I actually have a couple of both on hand, so I ran a comparison for you, though I can't say for sure on all models since the GW model I'm basing it on is a metal one from 2004.

Anyway, Darksword looks more realistically scaled compared to GW's heroic scale, so they might look a bit stranger in scale. However, they are roughly of equivalent size, with GW maybe being a millimeter taller at most for a typical human. Overall, if you're concerned about stature, base them on some stuff to make them a little bit taller, but otherwise it's not going to make much of a difference.
>>
>>47679067
Anyone know if there's stats for Cockatrice for the 2nd edition roleplaying game?
>>
Man are Dwarfs as fucking OP in the tabletop, as they are in Total War? Jesus Christ, it's like i'm fighting an entire army of turterlers!!!!
>>
>>47688606
I was thinking of using some of the mages for my army

speaking of which anyone know where I can find a good model for a bretonnian damsel I dont want to use GWs fugly models
>>
>>47688837
Yeah, good fucking luck doing anything else though.

You can troll with copters, but yeah.

Dorf cannons are fairly rage inducing in particular, thanks to shitty yous you can literally snipe with them in 8e.
>>
What primer do I need to give my people going into this setting?

I have them coming up from Tilea and the Border Prince lands from a stint as sellswords back into the Empire.

What mysteries are good to clear up before the game begins?
>>
>>47688921
Find the first adventure for "The Enemy Within"; Mistaken Identity. That has a whole primer on the Empire, though it's 20 years of lore out-of-date.
>>
>>47688893

Dark Sword has a few. Ral Partha has some as well, though I'm not sure they're 28mm as Ral Partha makes 25mm as well. You can also scour Reaper for a damsel or two. Hasslefree also has a number of unarmed/armored female fantasy models that can work.
>>
>>47688921
Its in the OP.
>>
File: swAP7UL.jpg (145KB, 585x866px) Image search: [Google]
swAP7UL.jpg
145KB, 585x866px
Would a random encounter with a River Troll fighting three beastmen let by an advanced Bestigor be too on the nose for a WFRP travel side story?
>>
File: tumblr_m0hdqeEI841rrnvd4o1_500.jpg (92KB, 500x735px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_m0hdqeEI841rrnvd4o1_500.jpg
92KB, 500x735px
I fucking love the excessive fluting on vampire counts armor.
>>
File: image.jpg (41KB, 600x620px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
41KB, 600x620px
>>47690100
Reminder that the Red Duke outlived all other character models from his era and prior.

He is the current oldest sculpt still in production.
>>
>>47690207
I still cant get over it how they kicked clans.

>I liked Blood Dragons and Strigoi.
>>
>>47690026
They could sneak past..I would.

If you mention there are lot of beast men arojnd or if it plays in a wilder region like Middenheim/land..why not?
>>
>>47679762

>but its doubtful the Skaven would get their shit together enough to stop it.

The Skaven are capable of working together if they view something as a threat, Nagash is a perfect example of this.

>>47680502

His claim is likely that Vlad was a legitimate Elector Count and since he is the only one left claiming to be Vlad's heir, he is rightfully an Elector Count as well and thus eligible to become Emperor.

I'm guessing he is basically talking about what happened when Vlad started his war which was during the time that there were three claimants to the throne fighting each other and so Vlad tossed his hat into the ring. I guess his argument would be that he was never rightfully considered. However I'm pretty sure the Empire didn't reunite until Magnus was elected and at that time Mannfred was possibly lying in a swamp.

>>47685604

It's hot
>>
>>47690227
Well, Ushoran, Neferata, and Mannfred survived into Age of Sigmar. So maybe others will appear too.

As for Total Warhammer, the Bloodlines are DLC wetdreams because they only require a handful of new models for the generic characters, plus one new character each.
>>
>>47690278

Black Orcs went from being a single unit to their own faction in AoS. It's entirely possible GW could they want to possibly flesh out the other bloodlines besides Strigoi into their own factions.
>>
>>47690278
Wellll.....Ushoran died while defending his kingdome...

Personally waiting for a cool Abhorash mini.

Super Knight.
>>
Hey, not been on /tg/ for a while... so I wanna ask the Warhammer community what the verdict on AoS today is? Has it mellowed? I heard they were introducing point values after all? Or is AoS about to die its well-deserved death?
>>
>>47690329
I know as much as you, I just ditched it and just talk about fluff here sometimes.
>>
>>47690278
Are Blood Knights in the game?

If so, that might be a reason to buy it...
>>
File: 1372723314684.jpg (42KB, 337x500px) Image search: [Google]
1372723314684.jpg
42KB, 337x500px
>>47690375
Blood Knights are not a unit in the game. Sometimes in the campaign you'll get a message saying they've come through your territory or something, but they aren't playable.

And there's no corpse cart either. I'm really missing it.
>>
>>47690426
Releasing unfinished games to milk more bucks...
>>
How different would the end times have gone if everyone stayed in character? most of the retiredness seems to have been characters doing shit that they NEVER would have done, especially in that short amount of time.
>>
File: rf doggo.jpg (25KB, 479x478px) Image search: [Google]
rf doggo.jpg
25KB, 479x478px
>>47690244
>>47690026
It's a Three Billy Goats' Gruff joke, isn't it?
>>
>>47690329
>verdict on AoS today is?
was shit, is shit and it's likely to keep that way

>Has it mellowed?
GW has taken their heads off their asses halfway, and listened to the complains of the ~100 dudes in AoS fanbase, hopefully they pull their heads out completely and bring back WHFB

>I heard they were introducing point values after all?
Yes, but only for competitive matches afaik (of course, players will carry them over to their games)

>Or is AoS about to die its well-deserved death?
I wish Total War: Warhammer becomes the final nail in the coffin, so many people interested in the setting they just discovered and BAM! Age of Shitmar
>>
>>47690329

There is a book called the General's Handbook coming out soon that is going to introduce three ways to play. One of them is Match Play and among other things it will add points.

>>47690713

What do you mean stay in character?

Person in the last thread brought up a pretty decent point in that a lot of Fantasy characters going solely by what GW has published do not have a whole lot of character. Unless the character came from a BL book and made into the tabletop you can't really take BL into account as their intended character since each author is going to approach a character differently.

In fact I think there was a decent example in this own thread where the Vampire Wars books apparently portrayed Vlad and Isabella one way and the army books and such another.
>>
>>47690713
It wouldn't have even happened, since Archaon the Eversue only won due to shit like that.
>>
>>47690100
Despite how unrealistic, I like to think armour like that allow the skin to be covered in the blood of the slain trough capillarity, like with the Moloch
>>
>>47691058
It's ridiculous how scared GW are of videogames. The spate of warhammer licenced games that are coming out at the moment is surely because they've killed the setting and are no longer irrationally afraid of people not playing tabletop because they have a virtual version
>>
>>47690375
>>47690426
there is a pretty neat mod that allows you to recruit blood knights.
>>
File: 1464485024436.jpg (240KB, 600x848px) Image search: [Google]
1464485024436.jpg
240KB, 600x848px
>>47691265
Doesn't jive. There are a ton of 40k games recently too, just most are fucking garbo.
>>
I've got a WHFRP group together, one is a Wizard and one is a Kithband Warrior! The Wizard got murderised by a Chaos Spawn and had to burn a fate point. This was in the first session.
Am I doing this right?
>>
>>47691536
Are they having fun? Then you're fine.

Wizards are extremely squishy when they're still apprentice tier.
>>
>>47691058

>I wish Total War: Warhammer becomes the final nail in the coffin, so many people interested in the setting they just discovered and BAM! Age of Shitmar

And so few actually giving a damn about the tabletop game...

>>47691265

While total Warhammer may have come about because AoS was in the works, a lot of other stuff is simply a change in how GW approaches licensing.
>>
>>47691670
They are having a good time, time will tell if they survive with these characters!
They're refugees from Wolfenburg, currently riding to Wurzen to deliver a relic hammer (I made my own special snowflake period of Empire history, so the Elector Count of Ostland is currently encamped there, being paranoid about Talabechland). Of course, getting there won't be easy...
>>
>>47691778
>And so few actually giving a damn about the tabletop game...
>implying
Count the number of newcomers appeared in the warhammer generals
Now count how many of them approached due to total warhammer's introduction to the setting
>>
>>47691932

I've counted a handful, that's hardly the life saver that people were making Total Warhammer out to be before its release. It was supposed to be the game that brought new players in droves and made GW regret its decision.
>>
>tfw no story of Giles le Breton and Abhorash's magnificent last stand in The End Times
>>
What are good fluff resources on druchii corsairs? Images, ship art, infotmation, etc.?
>>
>>47690304
Ironjawz are not Black Orcs. Black Orcs specifically are stated as an inferior type of Orc.
>>
>>47690458
To be fair, a full Warhammer Fantasy game would have been a fucking HUGE undertaking and cost deservedly more than $60. More like $300.
>>
>>47692320

I don't ever recall Black Orcs being inferior, in fact they're called the biggest, meanest, and strongest. May possibly be the most intelligent as well.

They're seemingly what you get when you take out most or all of the negatives of the Orc race and leave the positive.
>>
File: Vitalstatistix.png (677KB, 554x661px) Image search: [Google]
Vitalstatistix.png
677KB, 554x661px
>>47684938
>>47684984
>>47685070
>>
>>47684647
clearly that would be Rob Zombie.
And he would star in his own horror movie. With Sylvanian zombie strippers in his crypt. Or something...
>>
>>47692445
Ironjawz lore specifically points out that Black Orcs are inferior in all fields.
Jawz have their origins in AoS, and are not connected in any way to Black Orcs. They are a whole seperate breed.
>>
>>47691972
>handful
Irrelevantly from that not being a number but an arbitrary comparative term that indicates nothing if not your bias against the idea; it's because you are not supposed to see all the newcomers of the world coming on /tg/ but the facts that the high majority of those has gotten due to total war, that the influx is undoubtedly higher than the previous state and that warhammer is the fastest selling total war are more enough indicators that it certainly attracts people to the setting.

Now, do you seriously think that more people get into the hobby with a different setting than the ones that would come looking for the setting that attracted them in the first place?
>>
>>47684938
Because traditional dwarfs don't trust anything else but their own kind and what they may have built themselves to carry them.

You may know their distrust towards the other races, especially the elves, you may not know though that some of them consider horses to be like "elves with hooves", just to show how distrustful they are.
>>
File: 332613-Humor, Meme, Wargamers.jpg (76KB, 720x555px) Image search: [Google]
332613-Humor, Meme, Wargamers.jpg
76KB, 720x555px
>>47691972
The thing is that 10-20 new people popping into two threads (WHFB/AoS) on an obscure 4chan board that's not even direct in its association with warhammer (just "traditional games") is a microcosm of the community as a whole.

I'd doubt if even 1/2 of 1% of the people that have ever played Warhammer Fantasy have ever even been on 4chan.

The fact that people are showing up here of all places claiming to have fallen in love with the setting through Total War means that it's working somewhere.
>>
>>47688148
I need more opinions on this
Are VC/WoC actually OP in T9A or is this just a 1 dude complaining about being beat by them
>>
File: 1463418663841.jpg (123KB, 512x960px) Image search: [Google]
1463418663841.jpg
123KB, 512x960px
Hah. Tomb Kings Battalion box bought for £60. Probably sell that on for a profit, or keep it and enjoy the sweet skeletal goodness.
>>
>>47693331
I'm a VC player from 8e, I've been looking over 9th and it doesn't look like they are really any better than they were in 8e.

So I'm going to say its whining.

https://1d4chan.org/wiki/The_9th_Age#Vampire_Covenant_.28Vampire_Counts.29

There's the changes. It looks like what everyone else got, which is buffing the worst stuff, nerfing the best, and giving more options for fluffy lists.
>>
>>47683591
>All these meme actors
>>
>>47693588
Seth Rogan is the only meme actor, but he can oull off the "manchild stuck in a horrible situation" thing quite well.
>>
>>47692777

>Now, do you seriously think that more people get into the hobby with a different setting than the ones that would come looking for the setting that attracted them in the first place?

I don't think they're going to get into the hobby at all.

Falling in love with a setting does not equal falling in love with the game based on it. They can already indulge in the setting via the game they've payed $60 for, the free and paid DLC that will follow, the two expansions to come, and the written books available for Fantasy.
>>
File: image.jpg (85KB, 640x435px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
85KB, 640x435px
Anyone have a list of what a typical Dark Elves army should have?

Its the last day of the Raging Heroes Kickstarter orders, and I want to get a full army but have no experience with them and don't have time to listbuild.
They are playing 9e exclusively at my FLGS.

Please and thank you!
>>
>>47693767
I can see people buying some minis of their favorite stuff as shelf merchandise.

Like someone who really falls in love with Witch Hunters buying one, or someone who always uses Varghulf charges to win buying two or three.

Not big money, but certainly enough to justify having it available. Instead their "Total Warhammer" section is just a handful of the most expensive stuff.
>>
I'm just glad WFB has become a full videogame setting/brand and GW cannot ruin it any longer.

It did't die. It evolved and became something all can enjoy without buying shitton of models from a jewnglish company.

Warhammer has become mainstream, people
>>
>>47693767
>follow, the two expansions to come, and the written books available for Fantasy.
This is a major thing.

I can see Fantasy Black Library book sales absolutely surging.

But that doesn't translate to spending $400 on a "boardgame".
>>
>>47694178
I can see $50-80 on models, and people working their way through buying most of/the entire Fantasy Black Library catalog over the course of the next five years.

But GW will respons by releasing AoS BL books, which will be shrugged at and will kill interest.
>>
File: figyura_review_momohime_06.jpg (295KB, 771x1156px) Image search: [Google]
figyura_review_momohime_06.jpg
295KB, 771x1156px
>>47693804

It's more like iconic units from the game or ones that would make for nice shelf pieces since they look good by themselves. Kemmler and Mannfred aren't exactly expensive. In fact everything listed is probably cheaper than or on par with what you'd pay for quality merchandise. This video game figure got rereleased a few weeks ago and the current asking price for it is around $100.
>>
File: rf it stinks.png (35KB, 263x263px) Image search: [Google]
rf it stinks.png
35KB, 263x263px
>tfw no druchii corsair femcaptain to sit on your face
>>
>>47694543
>he doesn't want an elf pirate with sword-leg and giant poofy mohawk
neck urself
>>
File: image.jpg (112KB, 640x592px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
112KB, 640x592px
>>47694581
>Not wanting a glorious female Lothern Sea Helm, who's position of "Admiral's Clam Polisher" (called "Histo-denla") gives you rank above most of the Elves in the greatest fleet in the world

Shit, you even get your own hat paid for by the Phoenix Throne.
>>
>>47694936
>Lothern Sea Helm
druchii will never be sea helms, m8

also because of high elf politics, no one can be assured of their positions
>>
>>47695017
>druchii will never be sea helms, m8

Exactly! Druchii are inferior sea Elves in every way.

>also because of high elf politics, no one can be assured of their positions
Completely untrue, most positions are through lineage and promotion.

Unlike Druchii where its just the most Skaven-like Elf onboard that gets a hat.
>>
>>47695206
>most positions are through lineage and promotion
and the worth of those lineages and promotions are entirely up in the air because of the courts

Dark elves don't have RANDOMLY CHOSEN generals, at the very least. anyways, people who can't go five minutes without desiring X-but female are the worst
>>
File: Bu4opH5.jpg (608KB, 2305x1034px) Image search: [Google]
Bu4opH5.jpg
608KB, 2305x1034px
>>47693778
im getting my sexy glass cannons
>>
>>47695311
>and the worth of those lineages and promotions are entirely up in the air because of the courts

That's called natural selection. The Druchii philosophy, except done right rather than just randomly picking babies and citizens to kill for no reason.

>anyways, people who can't go five minutes without desiring X-but female are the worst
It was a joke combo mocking that, which you ruined via autism.
>>
File: image.jpg (147KB, 639x489px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
147KB, 639x489px
>>47695326
Not Spider Mommy Ariel, The Unbirther?
>>
>>47695382
it was a dumb joke and I'm glad my autism spoiled it further for you
>>
File: 99120202026_EmpArchersBox.jpg (74KB, 600x620px) Image search: [Google]
99120202026_EmpArchersBox.jpg
74KB, 600x620px
Legit such a great kit and I think the Perry bros worked on these. I wish they had done the rest of the Empire state troops. The current ones are such a joke. Whatever happened to that Gloria plastic landsknecht set that was suppose to come out?
>>
>>47695311
>Not wanting makes AND females

Get a load of this hetero/homo Goth Plebian!
>>
File: image.jpg (48KB, 460x276px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
48KB, 460x276px
>>47695456
Its so pathetic that I forgot mt image!
>>
File: image.jpg (107KB, 425x450px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
107KB, 425x450px
>>47695399
>Being proud of being dull
On a related note, I just realized there's no Warhammer Fantasy version of this.

What race/character should it be? Inb4 Archaon.
>>
>>47695490

High Elf or Teclis
>>
>>47695490
Archaon.
>>
>>47695490
dwarf

dispel dice for days
>>
>>47690753
Yuuup.
>>
>>47695439
>Whatever happened to that Gloria plastic landsknecht set that was suppose to come out?
Warlord games bought the company.
Supposedly they are still working on them.
>>
>>47695524
Any particular character or model?

>>47695510
Teclis, really?

I'd have thought Eltharion or Tyrion.
>>
>>47691265

Total War: Warhammer is exactly what theyclaimed to have feared.

It's out and all I want to do is buy and paint a Fantasy army.

Looks like it just promoted the shit out of their dead game.
>>
File: image.jpg (60KB, 600x620px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
60KB, 600x620px
>>47693767
I fell in love with the setting years ago, introduced to it by online friends. Of all the people I know who like the setting (roughly 12-15) only 2 of them actually played the TT, and they predominantly played 40k anyways. I've read all the army books from 6th onward, all of the supplements, and most of the important BL novels. i walked into a gaming/comics store once to check out some models and see what the gaming scene in Hawaii was like, but was turned off by the prices and it was almost exclusively 40k here. Total War Warhammer got me really excited and I will definitely be buying it once I can save up enough for a new computer, but even now I have no desire tonget into the TT, just not for me. For the price of 1 nagash I can get the game and all the paid DLCs and still have money to spare. If not for my computer slowing down recently this would be the only financial commitment is need to make.

Love the setting, love discussing the lore, but I dont think I'll be getting into the tabletop aspect of it. I would like if GW produced fully painted character figures though, and id definitely buy a couple. I'd drop $65 on that Karl Franz model if I knew it would come out of the box looking like pic related
>>
>>47695753
Yeah, their response when an investor asked if they planned prepainted models to compete with X-Wing was "We produce collector's models, not toys."
>>
>>47695439
the 3ups were shown at salute.
>>
>>47679067
Just bought a complete skarsnik and doom diver for $50. Did I do good?
>>
>millions of fearless troops who never tire, need food or feel pain yet still have their fighting skills intact
>giant living statues
>army under complete control of their lords
>multiple burrowing troops that will make any artillery encampments day hell
>powerful and reliable Magic and artillery
>United under one ruler who happens to be SETTRA
>arrows that twist mid flight to find weak spots

How the fuck does anyone even stand up to the tomb kings? If they actually got off their asses and tried conquering the old world, the empire and friends would get BTFO
>>
>>47698671
They spend far too much time fighting or at least undermining each other to get anything done.
>>
>>47698836
This.

Settra only leads his own personal army other than the fight against Nagash in End Times.

His secret to success was letting all the dubordinates do as they pleased so long as it didn't spill over and cause a larger problem while keeping an iron grip on theur loyalty.

Most Tomb Kings are sleeping in their tombs until they get their golden body, makig war on each other to expand their territory or settle old feuds, or pretending to be alive.

The only outright aggressive Tomb King was Khalida, who just wanted to kill vampires and gave no fucks about anything else.
>>
>>47698671
>settra
got humiliated by bretonnian corsairs the last time he tried to do that

There's a good reason Abhorash went to chill with the grail knights when the world started exploding.
>>
Do dark elves use black power at all, even on an individual basis? I know high elves don't because they're stupid and wood elves don't because they're hippy babies, but you'd think the druchii could see the use of stuffing a pistol in his belt during boardings and such.
>>
>>47699311
>powder weapon during boarding
the technology isn't reliable enough, and dark elves have compact hand crossbows for that
>>
>>47699311
Why waste time reloading a gun when you can pop 10 bolts in the meantime?
>>
>>47699162
The same Brets who lost most of a crusade to Tomb Kings to kidnap a Pharoah by mistake and bring him back to Bretonnia, who then woke up and fucked them up some more?

Seriously, Amanhotep has had a hard unlife.
>>
>>47699311
High Elf Bolt Throwers and magic bows are superior to black powder guns actually, even in fluff.

Even Dwarfs know their crossbows are better in mosy ways.

Black powder is for mass production when you have the population replacement to afford blown off hands and ignited satchels, but not the lifespan to gain finess.
>>
Can i play an armylist from the end times books in regular 8th?
>>
>>47699162
Settra who lead his entire army into the chaos wastes and skullfucked the chaos hordes on their home turf. Settra who repeatedly spanks the orcs of the badlands when he gets bored. Settra who soloed a great unclean one then threw the idiot presort responsible for the daemon invasion into the chaos rift.

Every faction has embarrassing defeats and heroic victories over the other factions
>>
>>47699620
chaos and orcs are shit, news at eleven
>>
>>47699644
Chaos mauraders are shit. The fluff clearly states the hordes were full of chaos warriors, chosen, shaggoths and monsters. any other army would have been annihilated if they tried to do the same thing, with dark elves and a massive black Orc WAAAGH being possible exceptions
>>
File: 1446191203350.jpg (109KB, 800x793px) Image search: [Google]
1446191203350.jpg
109KB, 800x793px
I wanna start reading warhammer fantasy novels, but I don't know where to start/which ones to avoid.

What are the best WF novels out there, /tg/?
>>
>>47699930
Riders of the Dead is good.

Gotrek and Felix are pretty fun, if a little hit and miss at times.
>>
>>47699490
Technically yes. They say they override 8e.

But in reality, its up to the other player.
>>
>>47699930
As someone who like Ogres, I really like the Wild Kingdoms book, but I don't know if it was actually good or not.
>>
>>47699930
None are completely terrible.

But there's a sea of content. Better off stating who you want to read about.

The generalized recommendation is all Gotrek and Felix books plus the Genevieve omnibus.
>>
>Man O' War
>http://store.steampowered.com/app/344240/

So... is this any good? It has good reviews on Steam, but it kinda looks like a tablet game when I watch the videos.
>>
>>47700076
And the first Ulrika book, but none of the others.
>>
>>47690026

Surely a River Troll would mop the floor with three beastmen? 5v1 is fairer, right? Make the conflict avoidable for the party, Yojimbo style

>>47690227
The clan system was just a means of getting people hyped up about the background. You can tell they were really influenced by WoD and as such it's one of their best ever codexes (in my completely subjective opinion).
>>
>>47700230
Depends on the beastmen. Bestigors would stand a chance.
>>
>>47695753

Painting and modelling is fun, imho.
>>
>>47698671
calcium deficiency
>>
>>47700192
It's super early access it feels like. The gameplay is the Assassin's Creed 4-style ship stuff. It's fun but needs a ton of polish.
>>
>>47700310
throw it up in the air
>>
>>47700230
>>47700310
>>47700416
Beastmen with some career Advances. And a Bestigor leader. Going over 3 ruins the Billy Goats Gruff joke.
>>
>>47701302
You could always make one a pissant ungor, one a gor, and one a swole bestigor with numerous career advances.
>>
>>47695753

This is pretty much what I've been trying to get across in response to people who thought Total Warhammer was going to be some kind of saving grace for Fantasy as a tabletop game. Unless the things that you can only get from the tabletop are really appealing to you, it seemingly offers you no benefits over the video game.

>>47696618

It's kind of funny because I have the feeling this is a sentiment shared by a decent number of people who play wargamers, if what I saw on the Privateer Press forums is a possible indicator of something larger.

I can easily imagine that as the presence of X-Wing and games like it is felt, you're going to see some false sense of superiority emerge from those who play games that involve modeling and painting.
>>
Sup guys I made a typical Chaos list from Warhammer: Total War, what do you think?

1x Dragon Ogre Shaggoth
999x Marauder Horsemen
>>
>>47693842
>tfw your bretonnian peasants speak in a cornish accent
based CA.
>>
>>47704644
WITNESS THA CHAGE OF BRETONNIER!!!
>>
File: image.jpg (84KB, 640x960px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
84KB, 640x960px
>>47701955
>I can easily imagine that as the presence of X-Wing and games like it is felt, you're going to see some false sense of superiority emerge from those who play games that involve modeling and painting.

Then they whip this kind of thing out, and flip the switch that makes it light up.

Then show you a picture of their to scale Star Destroyer. Which also lights up.
>>
>>47703618
No Archaon?
>>
>>47679713
Savior of the hobby
>>
Can you make Mannfred/Neferata instead of Arkhan in the Skellie Start Collecting box?
>>
>>47705223

Yes, you get the complete Mortarch kit.
>>
>>47694936
I want her to sit on my face.
>>
>>47705236
Thanks.

I was planning on getting that for Fantasy and replacing all the round bases with square bases.
>>
>>47695692
I really want to buy a steam tank and name it lulubelle.
>>
>>47705322
They're really easy to magnetize so you have all three kits at will.

One in the neck, one to the back of each head. One on the shoulders, two on each set of body armor. One on the back, one on each saddle.
>>
>>47703618
>not taking 39 units of dragon ogres with the shaggoth
>not taking 40 shaggoths

That's a Shit list anon
>>
File: yulin-li-morathi.jpg (969KB, 1469x1000px) Image search: [Google]
yulin-li-morathi.jpg
969KB, 1469x1000px
>>47693778
>ants.
>>
i dont know shit about whf bzt took a look at it becaus of twwh
i looked at 8e army books and warriors of chaos just seemed way better than demons
is this true or not ?
>>
File: 1444186240029.jpg (715KB, 1401x1839px) Image search: [Google]
1444186240029.jpg
715KB, 1401x1839px
Is there a Steam group for /whfg/? It would be nice to play with you.
>>
>>47707258
I wish there was a skype group for it to discuss lore and shitpost desu.

I was just in the middle of making a /tg/ Warhammer Fantasy General steam group and someone snagged the name; so I guess it is a thing?
>>
>>47707694
>>47707258
http://steamcommunity.com/groups/tgwhfb
>>
>>47693778
Grab riders. You can't get wrong with raiders.
Crossbowmen (corssbowomen?) are a must too.
>>
>>47699930
Drachenfels
>>
>>47705698

>morathi isn't bare chested

fook rite off
>>
>>47707152

Daemons suffer from absolutely horrible internal balance where the hot choices are gamebreaking and the dud choices are free points to the enemy. It's also got some extremely wonky mechanics and is *extremely* vulnerable to random dice strings.

That said, a Daemon power list is an absolute monster and certainly capable of taking the field with any other army. It will just look like a technicolour shit with no justification lorewise.

Daemons don't really have a lot of synergy because the army is essentially 4 completely different playstyles in one and none of the units are really built to support each other. Instead, you have a random collection of beatsticks where some just happen to be far beatier than others.

> Exalted Flamers
> Plague Toads
> Beasts of Nurgle
> Skullcannons

Congratulations, you will win every fight you ever enter.
>>
>>47709144
she should also have some Slaanesh gifts like bigger tits and thicker thighs because magic
>>
>>47709177

uh okay...
>>
File: x wing shill.jpg (180KB, 1538x520px) Image search: [Google]
x wing shill.jpg
180KB, 1538x520px
>>47705077
>>47701955
>>
>>47709389
He's right, though, in every aspect except the "better games" one, that's just opinion.

Except where Age of Smegmar is concerned, which is of course not actually a real game.
>>
File: 1374013088044.jpg (20KB, 268x265px) Image search: [Google]
1374013088044.jpg
20KB, 268x265px
Don't you guys feel ashamed when as grown ass man you play with toys?
>>
>>47709605
Don't you feel ashamed with stick in your ass?
>>
https://hobbylark.com/tabletop-gaming/which-is-the-best-warhammer-fantasy-army-in-8th-edition-

Do you agree with this list? Why/why not?
>>
>>47709439
Well, to be fair it is a different kind of game.

I wish FFG could make the new Man O'War.
>>
File: 1419742077084.jpg (57KB, 621x419px) Image search: [Google]
1419742077084.jpg
57KB, 621x419px
>>47709389

Are SW X-Wing/Armada popular because they're good games or because of the Star Wars brand?

>tfw browsing in a GW store and all the black shirts are talking about is X-Wing
>>
>>47709724
No. Its pretty wrong.

Vamps, Warriors, and High Elves are top.
Dark Elves belong in high with Wood Elves. Daemons are mid. Tomb Kings are low.

I don't think that person actually plays Warhammer, seems like they just did some research and went with some simple tacticas.

I mean, putting Dark Elves above High Elves in OP tier ranking is laughably wrong.
>>
>>47709784
They're good, popular, Star Wars and easy to get into.
>>
>>47709784
they're okay games, what's important is they're accessible

Star wars branding goes a long way towards that.
>>
>>47709784
Good game.

Star Wars brand generates more initial interest, but won't sell $15 Micro Machines.

Star Trek and Dungeons & Dragons Attack Wing are similar, but have rules that are less balanced/more complicated so they don't do as well.
>>
File: ork x-wing.png (408KB, 600x370px) Image search: [Google]
ork x-wing.png
408KB, 600x370px
>>47709784
Star Wars is probably the biggest franchise ever.
Which makes it mainstream.
Entry costs for X-Wing are pretty low, since the models are prepainted and of a pretty good quality compared to most other prepainted stuff it is attractive to people with no interest in minis and table top gamers alike. You can convert and repaint them after all if you like. You don't have to though.
Makes it even more accessible.
And even though I've never played it, I read some of the rules and watched the video tutorials for the game. Looks like a really fun tactical game with a cool gimmick revolving around revealing your maneuvers.

So you got a combination of deckbuilding and a bit of gambling involved in playing it as well.

If you mix all those factors together it kinda makes sense for X-Wing to be so successful.

GW doesn't even come close to reaching the same audience, not is their IP as universally accessible and their pricing models and time investments necessary in order to even assemble the models to play is pretty prohibitive by comparison.
>>
>>47709605
Why would I? it's another way like others to pass time and enjoy company, the only shame that could come from it would be the one attributed by people who either want to make short sighted remarks for the purpose of malignancy or are ignorant enough about the aspects of the hobby to oversimplify the thing.
In both cases any perceived shame can come from the outside regardless of the actual nature of the practice.

The main difference between a practice like this and another is the number of practicants is a minority; while another difference is the associated type of practicants: practices associated with largely respected or admired people will be considered differently than the one associated with unrespected people even if they have the same number of practicants.

tl;dr:
>reeee normies get out
>>
>>47709865
GW should have prepainted core sets for quick start games.
>>
>>47709605
Shitty bait.

but why should I? i Mean it's not written anywhere a grown ass men shouldn't enjoy playing with toy soldiers.

I can't wait to have a kid with my GF only because then i'll have an excuse to play with Legos again
>>
So my local area is making an escalation league. We start at 500 points and go up by 250 points every game, but half of our point cost have to remain unchanged. The idea is to stop at 4000 points.

Now, we use 8th edition rules, completely standard. We are all long time players, so we all have way more than 10k points, so models isn't a problem.

But I have never played below 1500 points, and I stopped playing at the end beginning of 7th, and 500 seems excessively restrictive, on top of this:

-no lords
-no casters above wizard level 1
-maximum 25% heroes
-Minimum 50% core
-maximum 25% special
-no rare
-infantry only
-at least one unit MUST have full command
-no magic items

My main problem: i play Ogre Kingdoms. Even a barebones hero is pretty much my entire hero allowance, and I can't find the points for anything.

I have played with some ideas, and if my memory serves me right, i can field a firebelly (for potential ethereal cheese) and 2 units of 5 Ogres both with FC. I might remember wrong, but I can remove a few command dudes from one of the squads.

Any better ideas? I feel like this setup is absolutely useless against gunline dwarfs and shooty elves, since they appear to have far more units than me from the army drafts I have seen.
>>
File: shrug yes and.jpg (5KB, 201x201px) Image search: [Google]
shrug yes and.jpg
5KB, 201x201px
>>47709605
I don't really see much of a difference between spending hours painting models and having mock battles compared to spending hours constructing fantasy sports teams and watching niggerball all afternoon.

Being grown only means I get to actually engage more in my childish hobbies.
>>
Here's the video for the new Games Workshop technical paints that make gemstones. Insert Stephan Universe joke here I suppose.

https://youtu.be/XUBtItceuec

Thoughts?
>>
>>47710929

I don't like the finished result as much as the DIY tried and tested technique perfected over many generations
>>
>>47709177
Morathi isn't slaaneshi though...
>>
>>47711443
isn't she the leader of the cult of pleasure?
>>
>>47710988
I'm still trying to figure out what it even is.

Since the shininess comes from the silver/copper underneath, its basically just a wash right?
>>
>>47711459
Idiotic retcon we argue about in every fucking thread.

Gav and Priestly didn't like her as a plotting high priestess of Slaanesh, so she was retconned into a senile high priestess of an new character Elf version of Slaanesh. Because Elves worship Khaine instead of Khorne, and it ruins the "Eldar are a dying race opposed to Chaos" plot.
Yadda yadda yadda.

Use whichever canon you prefer.
>>
>>47711510
End Times lore goes in the Age of Sigmar thread.
>>
>>47711510
I prefer he one that doesn't give slaanesh an entire civilization of worshipers, especially what amounts to the 2nd or 3rd most powerful faction in the setting. Great retcon in my opinion, and the most recent edition. 8 is gr8
>>
>>47711623
Actually, as much as I hate it, it can't be lumped in with End Times because it was a 7e retcon.

8th lead to End Times, End Times is the purple to the Age of Sigmar blue that is best ignored after ET: Nagash.

But Morathi being non-Slaaneshi is part of the damage control after Storm.
>>
>>47711623
It's an 7th ED fluff and this isn't your thread. You don't get to decide what's being discussed here.
>>
>>47711645
But most Dark Elves didn't worship him.

Only a small handful did, just basically Morathi's court of extra-insane nobles.

Malekith forbade worship of it outside his mother's direct social group.

Also, Druchii are NOT anywhere near the most powerful faction. At best they come below the Dwarfs.
>>
>>47711678
The pleasure cults were still a powerful sect in Dark Elf culture. Also the fact that the Dark Elves can go toe to toe with the most powerful nation on the World-that-was means that they were up there with the mightiest factions.
>>
>>47711510
>Because Elves worship Khaine instead of Khorne

Yep, if they allow Slaanesh they must allow Khorne in as well. Then Khaine would be redundant and might as well be written off.

>inb4 bullshit that Dark Elves wouldn't worship Khorne
>>
>>47711752
But Khaine IS Khorne
>>
>>47711814
Negative. Khorne hates magic, Khaine allows it.

What Khaine is going by the 6th ED fluff, is a being formed from spheres of both Khorne and Slaanesh.
>>
>>47711814
Gav go home pls.
>>
>>47711752
Why NOT allow Khorne?

Malekith being a powerful dictator who outlaws Chaos worship when it isn't friends of his mother is the only reason to worship Khaine. Its more interesting to have Malekith juggling how powerful Chaos can be with his autism and demand for absolute obediance above your own religion to him and him alone.

Plus, you know you want secret Khornates. Only Elves could pull that off.
>>
>>47707152
GW never gave a fuck about publishing balanced rules. If you want balance, try
the 9th age - the inofficial 9th edition of wfb. Rules are free.
>>
Anyone got some tips for a first time player? Gonna join a group that plays second edition and i made a dwarf which ended up on engineer i think to catch up with them since they have been playing for some time.
>>
File: tumblr_ms4t6sEvh31qee7k6o1_1280.jpg (1MB, 1280x1920px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_ms4t6sEvh31qee7k6o1_1280.jpg
1MB, 1280x1920px
>>47683421
>>47683638
>>47683721

I assume this is WHFRP? Have you read the Bretonnian and Mousillion books yet? They already have an appropriate level of Monty Python, as well as grittyness.

>>47683967
>you will never have a woman who will dress as the manliest elves with you at a larp
>>
>>47711709
The way I saw it from the 8th rulebooks, which are canon and I won't even waste anymore time with shitposters defending this, it went
1.lizardmen
2. High elves
3. Dark elves
4. Tomb kings
5. Empire
6. Chaos Dwarfs
7. Dwarfs
8. Wood elves
9. Bretonnia
10. Skaven

Skaven have potential to jump all the way up to the top 3 for a bit but are always doomed to fall apart. The chaos forces are almost never United and piecemeal they aren't that great. Same goes for ogres, orcs&ago kona and beastmen
>>
File: 1402101883047.jpg (38KB, 576x544px) Image search: [Google]
1402101883047.jpg
38KB, 576x544px
>>47712243

>Skaven at the bottom

Nigga....
>>
File: tumblr_ms4t6sEvh31qee7k6o2_1280.jpg (391KB, 1280x853px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_ms4t6sEvh31qee7k6o2_1280.jpg
391KB, 1280x853px
>>47688835
I know that 1st ed does, and the stats are not that much different.

There is also rules for building chaos beasts in the bestiary.

>>47690026
Depends on who gets the jump.

>>47690753
>>47695562
Shamelessly stealing this idea

>>47692727
YES.

>>47698671
Intrinsically speaking, the majority of their power is only good in their territory, and as they travel farther from Khemri, they become weaker and begin to destabilize.

>>47699930
The "Tales of the Oldworld" Short story anthology is a great place to start.

>>47712082
>.cont
>You will never play as two male elves, and evolve your character relationship into a romantic gay roleplay of two elves long separated from their own kind during the storm of chaos, finding a little bit of Ulthuan in eachother's embrace.
>>
>>47711752
>>inb4 bullshit that Dark Elves wouldn't worship Khorne

They wouldn't. They worship Khaine because Khaine is an elf. What kind of weakling worships a foreign god?

Before the 7e retcon, there was no elf alternative to Slaanesh, and Slaanesh's worship is treated as degenerate even in old dork elf fluff.
>>
>>47712061
This is not D&D. You can die.

Assuming no houserurus, get a shield for melee ASAP.
>>
>>47712243
>8th
>canon

Sorry, End Times lore is for the Age of Sigmar thread.
>>
>>47712579

I've heard about the lethality in the setting, several friends have gone through 3-4 characters so the GM doesn't pussyfoot around.
Gonna try and get a shield though it didn't come with any of my career starting trappings and they are in the middle of a siege but I'm sure i can find some shoddy one lying around.

Just don't wanna be "that" guy the first session of me playing and i don't really know how Dwarfs behave other than stereotypes.
>>
>>47712597
But 9th age fags consider it canon too.
What do you even use?
>>
>>47712750
>other than stereotypes
You already know everything you need about dwarfs.
>>
>>47712545
Because Slaanesh is Elfy.

Also, because the queen tells everyone she is his waifu, and the queen is better than the king.
>>
>>47712752
9th has its own canon, unless you use GW canon which is whatever you want.

For example, all TK have souls. Not just the royalty.
>>
>>47712867
>And the queen is better than the king.

Don't want to say that openly faggot.
We all know it, but you don't just fucking say it man.
>>
>>47699930

Bruenor the bounty hunter was pretty kick ass.

Brooding antihero that goes adventuring all over the place fighting all sorts of things. The books just hint at his backstory but never reveals a whole lot. He's not evil, just only cares about the job, and surviving. Considering it's the warhammer world, surviving means not being nice to everyone you see.
>>
>>47713004
I wonder if sometimes Malekith looks at Slann firework displays and the bacchanalian revelry with humans, goats, and man/goats as entertainment around him and feels just a little bit colder, realizing he's not the fun one.
>>
>>47709724

> Puts High Elves as mid-tier.

Found the High Elf player.

Vampires and Empire need to be mid-high.
Tomb Kings are probably bottom.
Lizards, DE and Skaven swap places with HE and WoC.
>>
>>47712750
Okay, let me sum it up for you.

This assumes a given dwarf is from a Karak, not a member of the diaspora.

-Dwarfs have a poor sense of humor. They don't often make or laugh at jokes, and when they do, they usually involve sarcasm or black humor.

-Dwarfs do not get metaphors. Their language is direct and usually lacks in descriptive frills. They are annoyed easily by those who talk in a flowery manner. A dwarf will often interpret a metaphor literally.

-Dwarfs hate elves. Big surprise. What's important to know for Warhammer is WHY? The answer is the War of Vengeance (also called the War of the Beard, but dwarfs do not use that term). Basically some dark elves raided some dwarf caravans, so the dwarfs sent an envoy to the elf high king to complain. The king took offense at their tone, so the dwarfs increased the price of restitution. The king shaved the envoy and sent him home. The dwarfs and elves went to war, and the elves lost. Both sides were crippled by this event.

-Dwarfs put huge emphasis on their beards. Any respectable dwarf's beard is impeccably clean and neat. A dwarf will never cut his beard unless deeply shamed. It is a core symbol of their masculinity, and harming a dwarf's beard is a lot like doing the same to an Orthodox Jew or an Amish man - unforgivable. Female dwarfs grow out their hair (they don't have beards, and implying otherwise is a grave insult) and never cut it, like Sikhs.

-Dwarf authority is determined by quality of craft, wealth of the given dwarf, and seniority. The emphasis on age is part of why the beard is so important to dwarfs.

-Dwarfs consider other races inferior and will not reserve words on the matter. The dwarfen word for "human" is derived from the word for "shoddily made." The dwarfen word for "elf" basically means "stick person." Dwarfs are generally positive towards Imperial humans for historical reasons, but human honor and craft is not held in high regard.

Continued...
>>
>>47713485
-The oath is sacred to a dwarf. If a dwarf makes an oath, they will keep it. Period. Up to and including death. For this reason, dwarfs are very specific about the oaths they make, and consider carefully whether or not it is a good idea. Oathbreaking is the action of complete scum.

-Dwarfs who break an oath, commit a crime, are shamed in romance, or fail in their craft will often join the Slayer Cult. The Slayer Cult worships the warrior god Grimnir. An adherent typically makes a pilgrimage to his chief shrine, where they ritualistically shave their head (and their beard, if they feel their crime was especially dire). Slayers are oath-bound to seek out glorious death against the enemies of dwarfkind. All wear mohawks and beards dyed orange, in imitation of Grimnir. Wearing armor is not done. Slayers frequently tattoo themselves and engage in ritual scarification.

-The dwarfs worship their ancestors, above all are the three ancestor gods: Grungni, god of the forge and the mine. Grimnir, god of warriors and slayers. Valaya, goddess of the home and hearth. Dwarfs have little interest in foreign gods but respect the cult of Sigmar, as Sigmar was a great and mighty dwarf-friend during his life. They do not worship him.

-Dwarfs drink. A lot. They have a low opinion of most human brows and abhor elven ones.

-Dwarf women are rare, as few as one in five dwarfs. Most dwarfs, therefore, never marry, and competition is fierce. Some dwarfs have carnal relations outside their race, usually with humans or halflings, but this is generally frowned upon. Only the most degenerate dwarf would have sex with an elf (but it does happen).

-Dwarfs generally use the term "manling" when speaking to humans.

-The dwarfen tongue, Khazalid, is rarely spoken at length in front of non-dwarfs and never explained to those who aren't trusted.

-Dwarfs do not trust magic. They have runes. Runes are not magic, according to dwarfs; best not to argue.
>>
>>47713404
I'm a High Elf player, I put them as OP as Vampires, Warriors, and just above Skaven. Skave. Are low because their best plays are all gambles, and without gambling are below the main OP armies.

TK with End Times rules are high, but vanilla 8th are low and only above Beasts/Brets.
>>
File: image.jpg (147KB, 807x667px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
147KB, 807x667px
>>47713606
Vermintide Dwarf breaks the Khazalid points, he never shuts up in it.

But then again by his speech he is strangely fond of all of them, even Kerillian. Hell, the name he calls them all the most, Drengbarazi I think, is basically "best friends".
>>
>>47687100
You say that, but it used to be canon that the Sylvanian populace did okay in comparison to some of the other parts of the empire.
>>
>>47713606
>>47713485

-Dwarfs are money-grubbing. They can and will kill you for short-changing them. 'Gold fever' is a quirk of dwarfen psychology that causes them to shirk oaths and laws for want of filthy lucre. Falling prey to this lust is not excusable if it leads to a crime.

-Grudges. Dwarfs take every slight or wrong personally. Often, they will not even tell the offender that they were wronged. Instead, they will make mental note of it and report the offense to their clan elders, who report it to the hold ruler, who eventually reports it to the high king. All grudges are kept until they are fulfilled. Forgiveness is simply not done. The dwarfen high king etches the Book of Grudges (actually a library spanning all of dwarf history) in his own blood.

-Dwarfs hate greenskins and will not make pacts or alliances with them. The same goes for skaven. Dwarfs consider the crimes of these races so dire as to be repaid only in extermination.

-Dwarfs consider humans acceptable, if unreliable allies.

-Dwarfs will only have truck with elves if the situation is truly dire, and will not hesitate to spend the whole time questioning the honor, motives, and reliability of said elf. Some dwarfs do not distinguish between the druchii and other kinds of elves.

-There are Chaos Dwarfs. They worship a god of fire, sorcery, shadow, and smoke named Hashut. They created the black orcs, make pacts with hobgoblins, keep slaves, and bind daemons into their weapons. They practice magic, but at a terrible cost: it slowly turns them to stone. Don't talk about them to a dwarf. DO NOT talk about them to a dwarf.
>>
>>47713672

Bardin is a ranger maybe that explains it, solitude got to his mind or the quest to find Karak Zorn. Or maybe he just went native.
>>
>>47713672

I'm pretty sure 'Dreng' translates to 'kill'.
Having never played Vermintide I'm assuming he's calling them some kind of badass killer.
>>
>>47713606
>Oathbreaking is the action of complete scum.

If you break an oath to a dwarf, the entire goddamn kingdom may show up to fuck you up.

Like, if you cheat a dwarf out of a couple of grots, Thorgrim himself may show up to fuck you up.

Do not
ever
break an oath to a dwarf.
>>
>>47713714
>>47713606
>>47713485
All of these things said, dwarfs are good friends to have. They will not coddle or deceive you. They will not betray or rob you. If they make a promise to you, they will keep it - to the absolute letter. Just as a dwarf remembers every wrong done to them, they keep silent note of every kindness too. Dwarfs will fight and die if need be, even seemingly soft civilians. The dwarfs know that they are doomed, that their enemies hem them in at all sides, but they will sell themselves to the last, fighting and straining for victory as truly and honestly as can be.
>>
>>47713714
>Forgiveness is simply not done

It totally is, the high king can strike out grudges.
It's not often done, but it does happen.
>>
>>47713672
"Drengbarazi" is basically "oath-bound slayers."

Note that while Bardin speaks in Khazalid often, he does not ever give clarification. He's also already a weirdo by dwarf standards - he's a ranger.

And yes, he does seem secretly fond of Kerillian. She's the only character who knows why he came to Ubersreik.
>>
>>47713723
>Drengbarazi = ‘Oathbound slayers’, ‘Comrades’

http://vermintideheroes.com/en/introduction-to-khazalid/

http://forums.fatsharkgames.com/discussion/1435/bardin-s-nicknames

>>47713718
Some people point out that Dwarfs almost always use their name for magic, which is an insult, for Wizards but he just calls Sienna a translation of "Fire Woman".
He calls Markus the name for humans, which is an insult when Dwarfs call each other that. He just calls Kerillian "Wood Elf", which again is an insult among his own but they have far worse names and honorifics for Elves so if anything that's neutral.
>>
>>47713770
That isn't forgiveness, that's payment in kind.

The only case of forgiveness without recompense I can think of literally led to a divine punishment.
>>
File: image.jpg (34KB, 229x311px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
34KB, 229x311px
>>47713785
Reminder that the greatest Dwarf of all time was also a Ranger though.

They have an odd respect in society. Like Witch Hunters and Spellsingers, but loved instead of feared.
>>
>>47713808
But it doesn't have to be in kind, and it doesn't have to be related to what you're forgiven for.

You can be forgiven for cheating a dwarf out of payment for saving a dwarf hold that he isn't related to.
>>
>>47713788
"Wutelgi" = "Wood Elf" It has positive connotations (as much as it can) because the dwarf word for wood there refers to strong, reliable wood.

"Grimgi" = "Grim Human," this is Saltzpyre's nickname. Self-explanatory.

"Azumgi" = Literally, "Ax Human," but probably "Warrior Human." Bardin's nickname for Kruber is probably intended as a compliment.
>>
>>47712545
>They wouldn't.

No, they would not.

Khorne would not sit idly by and let Slaanesh claim the Elves. The Elves have as much bloodlust in them as they have carnal lust. They will be promptly corrupted and then corrupted by Khorne as he focuses his attention on the Elves. Khaine would be thrown into the trash because like I said he would be redundant.

And like I said, you went with the bullshit of "Herp derp Elves won't worship Khorne because dey are elves". The creators of the game disagree. Khaine is just Khorne-life. Khorne is source itself and offers much power and that transcends racial feels.
>>47712597
No, it isn't. There is End Times in the OP. If you want to have your own thread with your own rules, then go start another.
>>
>>47713868
Exactly.

So Dark Elves are Chaos Elves left to their own devices, but their insane king demands athiesm or at most the god connected to him.

So Elves can only be in Chaos in secret, or in the protection of the queen and her Slaaneshi.
>>
Oh, and one more thing: don't pat dwarfs on the head. Especially if you're an elf.
>>
You know, it's never been clear.
Is ignorance an excuse for dwarves?

Considering their staunch belief in the inferiority of other races, it would seem logical for them not to have as high expectations of behavior.
>>
>>47713977
Depends on the individual dwarf and how experienced they are with non-dwarfs, but generally no.
>>
>>47712322
>doesn't read line about skaven easily jumping to top 3 when they get their shit together
Reason comprehension bruh
>>
>>47713909
>So Dark Elves are Chaos Elves

No, the Dark Elves are elves who choose to be evil by their own whim.

There is no need to shoehorn Chaos into everything.
>>
>>47714038
He's probably that Archaon fanboy.
>>
File: image.jpg (913KB, 1024x1564px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
913KB, 1024x1564px
>>47713977
No.

There are no excuses to Dwarfs, and guilt from a crime is not something you yourself need to earn.

>>47714038
To me, having Dark Elves willingly consort with Chaos is far better than "lolTzeentchandSlaaneshdidit".

At least they bring Chaos into the equation, otherwise Chaos just forces itself into every damn story.
>>
>>47713317
I'm pretty sure he's unable to be conscious about his own edge, perhaps he just thinks to be serious business.
>>
>>47714153
Archaon fanboys don't want Chaos Elves since it makes their Sue less special.

See how GW's post-Storm canon retconned Morathi away from being Slaanesh's high priestess, then made Archaon the embodiement of Slaanesh's domains.

Arguing for Chaos Elves is arguing against Archaon and Warriors wank. Its like Chaos Dwarfs, it gives someone else a chance to be the ultimate villain.
>>
Anyone know any good, simple, system-neutral rulesets for light ship to ship combat? WFRP 2e can technically simulate it, but not very well, and I get a hunch my PCs will want some.
>>
>>47714038
>There is no need to shoehorn Chaos into everything.
Said GW, never.

>>47714164
>To me, having Dark Elves willingly consort with Chaos is far better
same, I can see the reason behind fluffing a race to be hardly relatable with chaos, but from there to go "chaos elves are impossible, ever, the time they were was a mistake" kinda kills the mood.

Isn't the world big enough to have a subfactions of elves of the pleasure cults openly slaaneshi with difficult but possible diplomatic relations with dark elves thanks to morathi?
Isn't the world big enough to have bitches civil wars between the traditionalists staying true to khaine and the revolutionaries propaganding the truth that is khorne?
They don't even need to be subfactions with all that relevance after all.
>>
>>47714203
>Archaon fanboys don't want Chaos Elves since it makes their Sue less special.
How does archaon fit in all this? he's just the tip of chaos united, he doesn't need to be the posterboy of each specific cult separated.
>>
File: Wood elf wardancer.jpg (315KB, 1000x1214px) Image search: [Google]
Wood elf wardancer.jpg
315KB, 1000x1214px
>>47714038
>>47714164
>>47714310
Yes yes, but that all said, Chaos elves are cannon, and even have (long discontinued) minis. Officially, they are terrifying beings, with the powers of the greatest chaos champion, and the skills of an immortal elf, but all elves, including dark elves got hatred against them.

The whole Slaanesh cult deal of the Darkelves was a secret cult, as chaos is an enemy to the dark elves. Even the fucking Dark Elf Queen had to keep that shit secret.
>>
>>47714367
>Yes yes, but that all said, Chaos elves are cannon, and even have (long discontinued) minis. Officially, they are terrifying beings, with the powers of the greatest chaos champion, and the skills of an immortal elf, but all elves, including dark elves got hatred against them.

Don't confuse Chaos Eldar with Chaos Elves, you moron.

>>47714336
He just has a hateboner for Archaon. He sees him everywhere.
>>
File: image.jpg (84KB, 638x350px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
84KB, 638x350px
>>47714336
You been wathing Age of Sigmar?

He's apparently a Chaos God now except better because ALL Daemons from all five answer directly to him, is the paragon of humanity, and has taken over Slaanesh's domains of pride and perfection.

He is the physical manifestation of vengeance. Even those who cannot understand fear or have had their ability to feel it removed still fear him. His very name is powerful and a magic word. He obliterates universes, all so he can be the hero you both need and want.
Deep down he's still a good boy, yearning to be set free and take his rightful place as God Emperor of mankind as the true heir of Ghal Maraz.

I mean...its so fucking awful. Its like a Bruva Alfubasa joke.
>>
>>47714412
>Don't confuse Chaos Eldar with Chaos Elves, you moron.

And don't confuse what you don't know about Warhammer before "Warhammer: Elves in SPESS" was even a thing, you mouth breathing mongoloid.

I bet you don't even know about, Pygmies. They are still cannon BTW.
>>
Quick, /tg/! Come up with a new unit for every army!

>The Empire:
>Bretonnia:
>Dwarfs:
>Vampire Counts:
>High Elves:
>Dark Elves:
>Wood Elves:
>Lizardmen:
>Tomb Kings:
>Ogre Kingdoms:
>Orcs'n'Goblins:
>Skaven:
>Beastmen:
>Warriors of Chaos:
>Daemons of Chaos:
>Tilea:
>Estalia:
>Araby:
>Kislev:
>Border Princes:
>>
>>47714553
Post proofs.
>>
>>47714203
>Arguing for Chaos Elves is arguing against Archaon and Warriors wank. Its like Chaos Dwarfs, it gives someone else a chance to be the ultimate villain.
>what are orcs
>what are beastmen
>what are the United ogre kingdoms
>what are skaven
>what are dark elves in current state
>what are the tomb kings

Why does the bad guy always have to be one of the big 4?
>>
So, I found me a horse Archaon and an old tombkings batallion. Probably gonna resell the battalion and buy some standard chaos warriors to practice on before building archaon. (As a generic mounted lord, because archaon is a chump.)
>>
Why is Brettonia on land all arthurian knights that despise technology and yet at sea have out teched and out cannoned the Empire?
>>
>>47714976
Because sea-fighting is not within the religious purview of the Lady and the rules of chivalry don't apply.

The Empire is mostly land-locked besides some shit ports in the north and independent Marienburg.
>>
>>47713977
Only slightly. It will very slightly increase the chance that they actually TELL the human, halfling, ogre etc WHY they are angry instead of just skipping straight to avenging themselves by force.
>>
>>47710189
Well, I can start out by saying that a list with a naked firebelly, and 2 units of 5 ogres with ironfists and FC costs 500 points, so that's pretty spot on.

If you can avoid having commands, I would remove everything but the standard bearer, honestly. Crushers seems pointless with these rules, and a bellower.. most opponents wont have a lot in terms of units either.

Banners are always important.

I would at least remove 1 command upgrade, freeing up 10 point for a 9 point great weapon on your firebelly, so you have *something* that can punch through low armour saves. Right now, you are relying entirely on S4, which is mostly fine, but some opponents, dwarves, lizardmen and WoC, will have a lot of 4+ or 3+ armour saves, which S4 will struggle to punch through.

Alternatively, go with a Great Weapon Firebelly, a unit of 3 ironguts with standard, a unit of 5 ogres with FC, and a unit of Gnoblars to fill up the remaining points, or even 2 of them if you go without a Great Weapon on the Firebelly.

So a list that looks something like:

Firebelly
10 Gnoblars
10 Gnoblars
3 Ironguts with banner
5 Ogres with FC

This clocks in at 499, gives you 4 units, two of which doesn't cause leadership issues, one decent block to put your Firebelly in, and a hammer unit that can punch through armour with 9 S6 hits.
>>
File: Citadel 11388329.jpg (9KB, 183x275px) Image search: [Google]
Citadel 11388329.jpg
9KB, 183x275px
>>47714683
WHFRP First edition
Multiple years of the Citadel Miniature catalog
Realm of Chaos books
The Malus Darkblade series
The Storm of Chaos campaign book
Your mother, last night

AND MORE! Pic related
>>
>>47715064
>max 25% heroes
25% of 500 is 125, so the firebelly can't have a Great Weapon without breaking the limit.

I would have recommended a unit of Leadbelchers, but that has the same issue.
>>
>>47714567
Halfling Mayor
The Great Hart (Demigod giant stag with a HUGE rack of antlers)
(Khazid word) Dirigible
Penanggalan (weak Vampires trying to regain their forms)
Oracles (Morai-Heg priestesses)
Shornaalian Revelers (Slaaneshi Witch Elves)
Canopy Shriekers (Anath Raema priests)
Amazon Warparty
Solar Barge (Tomb King flying boat)
Rootdiggers (Small ambushing Ogres, like Miners)
Noblings (Weak but high morale half-Orcs, smaller Orcs, and non-Orc humanoids fighting willingly or as slaves)
Brood Mother (Must be in a Unit, consumes members of its Unit, dies instantly if the Unit is destroyed)
Herd Gors (female Gors)
Shieldmen (Naval Warriors, fast and cheap but fragile)
Malicor (Malice Daemons)
Courier (Leadership boosting character)
Shallyan Missionary
Janissaries
Queen's Guard (Glass cannons with Immune To Psychology)
Ranald's Son (minor nobility)
>>
>>47714567

> Empire
Winged Lancers. Kislevite cavalry with HA, not barded, Hate Chaos and Vanguard.

> Bretonnia
Knights Penitent. Foot Knights who are dishonoured/bastards/horseless. Stubborn and bonused for breaching buildings.

> Dwarfs
Mole Miner. Chariot with a tunnel bore on the front, silly number of grinding/impact hits.

> Lizards
Avatar of Sotek. Winged red serpent that has turbo-poison and drives nearby Lizards into a Frenzy. Especially buffs Red Crests.

> Tomb Kings
Royal Chariots. Giant 4/5W Chariots crewed by 2 Tomb Guard and an Ushabti, pulled by 4 horses.

> Orcs
Unridden Wyverns. Literally that simple.

> Beastmen
Wyrdgeld. Possessed / Daemonic births, have a short ranged fire shooting attack and Flaming attacks, plus Fear and Ward Saves.

> Daemons
Brass Titan. Khornate MI that is a giant brass bull statue. Unbreakable and 1+ save, unit of 1.
>>
>>47714813
Because GW writing a shit.

Greenskins aren't even villains anymore. They're the literal chaos to the evil of Chaos.

Tomb Kings were never villains.

Beastmen only get to be sidekicks.

Current Dark Elves suck ass, they're assholes for the sake of being assholes since Chaos and Khaine were both on the side of the High Elves. They need to go back to being Khaine and Chaos to make sense.

Ogre Kingdoms are like greenskins, they just cause trouble but aren't villains.

Skaven are the only other villains, but GW glued them back to Chaos like fingers after shaking a leaky suoerglue bottle.
>>
>>47715084
Also Riders of Ellyrion/Sons of Ulthuan. The plot literally relies on Morathi being Slaaneshi.
>>
What are you working on lads?

I've just finished glueing my first of two empire cannons and working out what bits to use to kitbash a master engineer together.
>>
>>47715235
Converting and magnetizing the Mortarch kit so I can switch between Neferata and Arkhan riding together on either his or her Abyssal, to Mannfred.

I doubt I'll ever use Mannfred, but I like having options.
>>
>>47715235
I had one unit of Reiksguard Knights, so to expand now, I bought a box of Perry Minis Mounted men at arms, some 25x50 bases, and created a 16 man unit,
>>
>>47709389

I don't even play X-Wing, but that doesn't mean I can't see that it seemingly sells the best in the US or at the very least is right behind 40k, that it and its ilk have been on Top 5 US sales charts for the past few years.

The fact that you don't have to paint or model is viewed as boon by people, either because they don't have the time, interest, or they're afraid of screwing up the model they just paid money for. The X-Wing models apparently look decent enough and allow you to play right away.

All I was trying to say is, don't be surprised if in the future the grumbling and mumbling about how X-Wing isn't a real game because you don't have to model or paint the ships out of the box.
>>
>>47715424
Inb4 GW shill claims GW online sales and in-store sales make that information irrelevant
>>
>>47711510

You would have been better off just posting Gav's answer from his website:

>The subject of Slaanesh first came up when we were looking at the High Elves background and the Cult of Slaanesh. I had a long conversation with Rick Priestley and Alan Merrett, who expressed concerns that the worship of Slaanesh was not consistent with the rest of the Dark Elf approach to the gods. In a nutshell and without getting too metaphysical, it posed the question of why Dark Elves worship Slaanesh and at the same time also worship Khaine and not Khorne. There’s a never-ending debate about how the gods perceived by the Warhammer races are part of or separate from the Chaos Gods and this was encapsulated in the Khaine/ Khorne dichotomy. It seemed a far more plausible and characterful solution that while the Elves descended into debauchery and excess they would do so via their own pantheon of gods, just as Aenarion was a disciple of Khaine and not Khorne. This gave me the opportunity to explore the religious side of the Elves with more vigour, in particular expanding upon the classical Greek/ Roman approach to worship that the Elves beliefs are based upon. The idea that there are darker gods in the pantheon that all Elves accept, but only the Dark Elves pray to and give sacrifice to was a nice way to lead into the the idea of the ‘Dark’ Elves. This is something that is further explored in Malekith.
>>
File: ilikedthatpicsoisavedit.jpg (232KB, 914x1200px) Image search: [Google]
ilikedthatpicsoisavedit.jpg
232KB, 914x1200px
Hej guys. Just came back from my first game with 9th age DEs... I went full Yema MSU.

Unnamed2500 Pts - Dread Elves Army

>Dread Prince @ 358.0 Pts
>Cult of Yema; General; Shield
>Potion of Strength [20.0];Midnight Cloak [50.0]; Dragonscale Helm [10.0]
>Manticore @ [105.0] Pts

>Cult of Yema Priest @ 382.0 Pts
>Divine Altar of Yema; Gladiator Weapons; >Battle Standard; Wizard's Hood [40.0]

>12 Corsairs @ 122.0 Pts
>Musician

>12 Repeater Auxiliaries @ 152.0 Pts
>Shield; Musician

>21 Dread Legionnaires @ 148.0 Pts
>Light Armour; Shield; Standard

>5 Dark Riders @ 105.0 Pts
>Repeater Crossbow; Light Armour; Shield

>5 Dark Riders @ 105.0 Pts
>Repeater Crossbow; Light Armour; Shield

>15 Dancers of Yema @ 160.0 Pts

>15 Dancers of Yema @ 190.0 Pts
> Skirmish (max 15)

>6 Dread Knights @ 156.0 Pts

>6 Dark Acolytes @ 222.0 Pts
>Champion @ [60.0] Pts

>Hunting Chariot @ 125.0 Pts
>Harpoon Launcher

>Hunting Chariot @ 125.0 Pts
>Harpoon Launcher

>1 Hydra @ 180.0 Pts

Models in Army: 101
2500 and a bit in points.

Foucgh Deamon Legions. He had a Large Daemon of Wrath, a wizard of change on chariot, one unit light cav, 3 crushers, 2 large units of pestilence beasts, one large unit of the lust beasts and some core.

I pretty much annoyed him into conceiding turn two. My light cavalry just ran cirles around him with mov 10/strider. I used the lore of wild frenzy spell I got to force his light cav into combat where it was destroyed. Then I combo-charges his larger pestilence beats unit with my altar and one unit of dancers and deleted them.

He could have still easily won I think. Is my list to annoying?
>>
>>47715515
The logic isn't terrible, but holy shit was the execution face-palmingly bad.
>>
File: warhammer1.jpg (205KB, 1399x1049px) Image search: [Google]
warhammer1.jpg
205KB, 1399x1049px
>>47695439
>You will never be able to buy the old State Troopers again

At least I found an old state trooper I put together as a little kid and painted him yesterday.
>>
>>47715462
im pretty sure its common knowledge gw is failing
>>
>>47715014
So, practical peasants are in charge at sea?
>>
File: Untitled.png (1MB, 894x824px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
1MB, 894x824px
>>47715806
>>47695439

> http://www.momminiaturas.com/divine-rage/hijos-del-grifo/
> These models cost 1 euro each
>>
>>47715806

They still show up every now and then on Ebay. It's tempting to pick them up but I'm holding off on those Gloria models or if that never materializes I'll probably get some of the FW ones.
>>
>>47715925
I asked Warlord on FB and according to them the Pro Gloria Landsknecht are coming 2017.
>>
File: 1465418003143.png (417KB, 451x588px) Image search: [Google]
1465418003143.png
417KB, 451x588px
>>47715956

>2017
>>
>>47715816
Nobles are in charge at sea too, usually, it's just that knightly rules do not apply at sea. Many of the more seabound Bretonnian nobility have been accused of caring more for Manaan than the Lady.
>>
>As seen by Thungin's raging glare, innocent Dawi travelling through Stirland have been taken by the Von Carstein Zangunaz and slain, their bodies have been risen and made to perform a dread-revel - a puppet re-enactment of Jaeger's travesty of a play. "Stoutheart Bearcomber and the Ostlander's wife". This is terrible grudge - for it is a terrible play - and one that must be paid with Von Carstein heads.

The total war game is pretty great.
>>
>>47714567
Arcane battle altars for the other colleges

Everything in the Blanche bretonnia picture, particularly the Grail knight monstrous cavalry beasts and the seige chariots

Steam tanks of the dwarfs, in one of the background pictures

Skeletal artillery

Magical bolt throwers

Statues of Khaine animated by the souls of bound dark elf elites

Ariel, his one was easy

Raptors that fill the role of war hounds, some sort of huge flying monster

Flying barges, upgraded ushabti

Hero character fire belly

Squiggoths

Giant burrowing beasts

Huge tuskagors with howdahs, beast lords hat are like beastmen greater daemons
>>
>>47716082
It seems like a very interesting contrast between the brets of the sea and brets of the land and by extension, Manaan and The Lady- pity it probably will never be explored.
>>
>>47716390
Lady of the sea.
>>
File: IMG_4859.jpg (4MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_4859.jpg
4MB, 3264x2448px
>>47679067
Any beastman players help me identify?
>>
File: IMG_4856.jpg (2MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_4856.jpg
2MB, 3264x2448px
>>47716429
>>
>>47711855

While Gav is the most vocal proponent of the theory, the idea that all of the gods come from the Chaos gods was seemingly the truth or at least a theory the Design Studio really liked to put out there. Liber Chaotica and possibly other books suggest it.

Could have been something similar to the situation with the Lady where, while the books danced around the situation, there was some kind of design document that blatantly stated the Lady was Ariel.

>>47712926

Pretty sure all Tomb Kings having souls was already a thing, the difference was that because the royalty have much more attention payed to them with regards to the various methods of preservation, their personalities remained intact. In contrast the average warriors only retain the most important facets of things they learned while alive, such as how to fight.

It's one of the things that further distinguishes Tomb Kings and Vampire Counts, one serves willingly and the other does not.
>>
>>47716407
GW is so lazy they couldn't even be bothered to draw a picture or two of Mallobaude, let alone talk about his civil war. They just stole the idea from the RPG and barely elaborated.
>>
File: 1465602676241.jpg (518KB, 1280x772px) Image search: [Google]
1465602676241.jpg
518KB, 1280x772px
>>47716450
>>47716429

Some nice old metals from the 5th-6th period.
>>
>>47716469
I like the idea idea that all the gods come from chaos, as in true chaos. Making them all aspects of the big 4 evil gods is fucking retarded. They should represent the worst, evil side of chaos, not ALL of chaos
>>
>>47714567
>empire: Witch hunter routine
>bretonnia: Knights of the questing beasts
>dwarfs: Chained wyrm
>vampires: Draugarad, nagash warpstone uberskeletons
>high elves: Chrace lions cavalry
>dark elves: Impalers, bolt thrower assassins
>wood elves: Nayads, water wraiths-nymphs
>lizardmen: Psychedelic close combat chameleons
>tomb kings: Bones nomads
>ogre kingdoms: Tipetan cloud-monk
>orcs'n'goblins: Squiggosaurus-nob mount
>skaven: Skryre doomcycles squads
>beastmen: Skinwalkers
>warriors of chaos: Possessed
>daemons of chaos: Black horrors
>tilea: Myrmidon gladiator-paladins
>estalia: Redcape Duelantes
>araby: Djinnblood bodyguards
>kislev: Icebreaker chariot
>border princes: Gold knights
>>
>>47716579
>CSM Lord
Whut?

He has old timey CSM armor but the head is beastman?
>>
>>47716777

Head swapped and backpack removed.
>>
>>47716579

man why the hell would anyone need that many shamans
>>
File: Automaton knights.jpg (87KB, 640x502px) Image search: [Google]
Automaton knights.jpg
87KB, 640x502px
>>47714567
>The Empire:
More DaVincipunk style mechanical automatons. Pic related.

>Bretonnia:
Bring back herrimaults and the herrimault NOT!Robin Hood character, allowing ambush and infiltration as well as a buffing peasant moral, at the cost of losing knightly units (maybe, only allow a single unit of questing knights). Peasant mob tarpits.

>Dwarfs: Steam armour and ancestral statues. They fill the same role, but the steam armour gets rules like a steam tank and has ranged weapons. The Ancestral statues get magic attacks and ward saves. You can have one or the other, as the ancestor spirits won't abide by such new and unproven gizmos(less than 100 years?! BAH!)

>Vampire Counts:
Frankenstein's monster-like monstrous infantry that rolls for random stat buffs every turn. The gimmick is that its only available to Necromancers, and not Vampires.

>High Elves:
Magic artillery, maybe like a mini-waystone

>Dark Elves:
At the risk of sounding like im cribbing off 40k, bring back serpent people allies. They had them way back in time, and the Sslyth of the Dark Eldar is actually homage to this.

>Wood Elves:
Various styles of fey swarms. Spriggans are glass cannons. Kelpies are amphibious. Pixies cause stupidity in enemies etc.

>Lizardmen:
I think they are OK as they are

>Tomb Kings:
Same as lizard men.

>Ogre Kingdoms:
Hobgoblin wolf rider mercs.

>Orcs'n'Goblins:
Three words: ORCS. WITH. BLUNDERBUSSES. Maybe fluff them as escaped from the Chaos Dwarves.

>Skaven:
Shit, I dunno. What don't they already have?

>Beastmen:
>Warriors of Chaos:
>Daemons of Chaos:
Merge these guys back together.

CONT:
>>
File: 1296074723132.jpg (87KB, 640x481px) Image search: [Google]
1296074723132.jpg
87KB, 640x481px
>>47717041
Pic is the aforementioned dwarven unit.

>Tilea:
They are a modern kingdom, so make it an optional list with pikes exclusive to them, as well as a few extras like the Birdmen of Catrazza etc.

>Estalia:
As Tilea, an optional list to the Empire, that loses most of the DaVincipunk stuff (no steamtanks, rockets, organ guns. Make cannons and mortars rare), but get boosted freecompany skirmishers as Estalian Duelists who can all make challenges and while having a low armour save, get a ward save in the form of their whipping cloaks and dodging. Also: buffed warpriests with a refluffed choice of god and a unit of witch hunters.

>Araby:
Fuck, you'd have to make a whole list first. Convert all the Warmaster units into Warhammer, and you're gold.

>Border Princes:
As Tilea and Estalia, an optional Empire list with SEVERELY limited choices, but get unrestricted access to Dogs of War.
>>
>>47715176
Beastmen could also use some sort of fuckoff huge bowmen or something, just the vast majority of a yew tree roughly carved into a bow shape.
>>
>>47717095

What if you merged Beastmen into Wood Elves to get centaurs and satyrs and stuff? Then Beastmen can get huge tree people for support, and Wood Elves get... I guess whatever Beastmen bring to the table?
>>
>>47716336
I fucking love the idea of an even larger gigapig. Stuff like the Dark Souls Fang boar and other giant porcine monsters make for awesome rides.
>>
>>47716592

They're not so much aspects as the Chaos god in a certain role or wearing a mask, they're more like parasites of one or more of the gods.

It has been said before but the best way to picture it is to imagine the Chaos gods as four overlapping circles and the other gods either being a circle within a Chaos god circle or existing where the Two Chaos gods overlap. Khaine and the Horned Rat were supposed to be examples of the latter, the former being Khorne-Slaanesh and the latter Nurgle-Tzeentch.

The Chaos god embody both positive and negative emotions and ideas. That they so overwhelmingly focus on the negative (From our view anyway) is likely because both 40k and Fantasy are dark universes that slant towards the pessimistic view that there is and probably always will be more negative than there is positive. It's fitting in my view that the gods, even the good ones that oppose Chaos, come from that.
>>
File: Estalians.jpg (243KB, 1024x680px) Image search: [Google]
Estalians.jpg
243KB, 1024x680px
>>47717083
Estalian state troops and pistoleers....
>>
File: chaos centaurs.jpg (58KB, 578x810px) Image search: [Google]
chaos centaurs.jpg
58KB, 578x810px
>>47717095
Maybe between the bent horns of another, heavily mutated chaos beast?

>>47717149
>merged Beastmen into Wood Elves
Thats retarded. Beastmen are chaos, and sworn enemies to Wood elves.

>centaurs
Already exist, and while they were replaced with centagors, I don't believe they were ever retconned. pic related

>satyrs
Slaangors. Slaaneshi devoted beast-men.
>>
>>47717286
I think a few should use horn bows, but I want giant bows staked into the ground like say, Dark Souls greatbows.
>>
>>47717574
>staked into the ground
And therein lies the problem. "mounted emplacements", even temporary, goes against beastmen mentality.
>>
>>47717649
That's not really mounted, just stuck into the ground, they probably store spears stuck in the ground the same way, it's taking the "No buildings" rule a bit too literally to turn down GIANT GOAT MANS WITH GIANT BOWS.
>>
>>47717817
I meant more like any kind of artillery that isn't in itself, mobile.
>>
>>47717915
It's not really artillery, they're still carried by the beastmen themselves.
>>
It's just "braced on the ground because it's so fucking huge it's impossible to not touch the ground when you're trying to pull it back"
>>
Don't die on me
>>
>>47718129
autosaging, friendo. It's doomed, abandon thread
>>
>>47718141
RIP my dear sweet WHFB. I will always love you
Thread posts: 351
Thread images: 67

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.