[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Magic: the Gathering Wednesday Flavor General - Wolfwife Edition

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 174
Thread images: 23

File: image.png (5MB, 2835x1580px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
5MB, 2835x1580px
>You are a planeswalker.
>In the vast Multiverse, only you and some other chucklefucks know of the countless worlds beyond your own.

Welcome to the Magic: the Gathering Flavor General thread!

Helpful links:
>Uncharted Realms Archive
http://magic.wizards.com/en/articles/columns/uncharted-realms

>Planeswalker's Guides
ARCHIVE http://pastebin.com/Ttgtz6A9

>Set Trailers
http://pastebin.com/ayJntkE0

>Current Status of Planeswalkers:
2014: http://magic.wizards.com/en/articles/archive/checking-planeswalkers-2014-06-16
2015: http://magic.wizards.com/en/articles/archive/feature/checking-planeswalkers-2015-2015-08-19

>Doug Beyer's Tumblr
http://dougbeyermtg.tumblr.com/

Reminder: Keep bait, shitposting, and arguments to a minimum--try to focus on lore discussion. Ignore chandere posts.

This week's Magic Story is "The Archmage of Goldnight" by Kimberly J. Kreines.

http://magic.wizards.com/node/1027706
>>
>no Avacyn resurrection
0/10
Will not read
>>
File: 5xjIfIM.gif (458KB, 266x266px) Image search: [Google]
5xjIfIM.gif
458KB, 266x266px
>>47677995
>by Kimberly J. Kreines.
>>
File: 4oiii3c.jpg (579KB, 960x1200px) Image search: [Google]
4oiii3c.jpg
579KB, 960x1200px
>>47678074
The only right answer.
>>
>>47677995
okay story.

Always hoping for more details of what is Nahiri is doing though. Anyone know when spoilers start?
>>
>>47678236
They already have. Those pics without card names are gonna be used for Eldritch Moon cards
P.S. Devil tribal getting a boost in EMN
>>
>>47678269
oh yes I understand that, but I want more then just card art that I can make inferences on
>>
>>47678236
Usually, spoiler season officially starts on the Monday of the week three weeks before the week of release. So for Eldritch Moon, that would be June 27. Sometimes they like to spoil a few cards early if there's some big event going on, like PAX.
>>
>>47678340
thank you I wasnt aware of the three weeks thing.

Thank you, june 27th looks so far away.
>>
>>47678075
I'm willing to give her the benefit of the doubt before I read this story. No matter how much I've disliked her writing in the past.
>>
>sorin sacrifices himself to disable Emrakul's protection
>then Liliana tragic slips her
>and Nahiri gets off with "yeah, sorry" and joins the gatewatch since they need her help against Ob Nixilis.
>>
File: 1442131459847.jpg (48KB, 500x490px) Image search: [Google]
1442131459847.jpg
48KB, 500x490px
Nice use of the "annoying little boy" trope.
>>
Good story. Arlinn doesn't seem very red, though.
>>
>>47678513
She's red because she uses red magic. Personality doesn't factor into color.
>>
>>47678513
The author's idea of red is 'i was a womyn trapped in patriarchal society, now i'm a free womyn in contact with my furry naturalistic self and mustn't be ashamed of myself.'
>>
File: Smug Arlinn.jpg (17KB, 218x212px) Image search: [Google]
Smug Arlinn.jpg
17KB, 218x212px
WHAT OTHER WORLD FOREST??? WHERE DID SHE PLANESWALK TO!???
>>
File: 1428870046281.jpg (389KB, 1284x980px) Image search: [Google]
1428870046281.jpg
389KB, 1284x980px
>>47678824
SJWs make mtg lore even dumber somehow.
>>
>>47678824
You sound bitter
>>
>>47678805
It does, or else colors wouldn't matter, and Jace and Bolas would have infinite power because they're smarter than others.
>>
>>47678824
except the entire time she was trying to prove she was still part of the goldnight.
>>
>>47679011
>Jace and Bolas would have infinite power because they're smarter than others.
>Jace smarter than others.
top kek
>>
To be fair, her mentor's reaction is completely rational given everything people know about werewolves and the fact sparks are not known to most people.

>"Rembert, it's me! I know I killed a whole lot of people in wolf form when you last saw me, but I'm 100% better now and want to protect people instead of kill and eat them."
>"If that was true you would be a wolfir. Fuck off."
>>
>>47679026
And that she was ashamed if what she did.
>>
>>47679434
How has the multiverse remained a secret for so long? Don't you think someone would tell everyone they know about parallel worlds
>>
>>47679692
And be regarded as a madman. Or killed.
You'll need some serious proof.
>>
>>47679692
planeswalkers are incredibly rare, and there are even rarer ways go to other planes.

how would people even learn of the multiverse.
>>
>>47679718
Serious proof like bringing back shit that clearly comes from another world?
>>
>>47678904
Lorwyn
>>
>>47679718
>vanishing in front of someone
>reappearing with something no one has ever seen before
Is that not good enough?
>>
>>47679813

Remember a plane is still a whole planet. Arlinn can't prove she didn't just find something really weird across the sea and pretend that that's proof of her clearly implausible story.
>>
>>47679813
Or planeswalking right in front of them.
>>
>>47679848
isnt the entire size of a plane dependent on the plane itself
>>
>>47679692
I think they know in Ravnica.
And Fishtits' little sister knows about it as well.
>>
>>47679877

You can't planeswalk somewhere else on the plane you're already on, and if you leave and then come back all you've proven is either you can turn invisible or you know how to teleport, not that another world exists.
>>
>>47679844
Witchcraft!
>>
>>47679896
>you can't planeswalk somewhere else on the plane you're already on
Nissa, Gideon, and Jace all did that in BfZ.
>>
>>47679896
What if you summon a Kraken to their living room?
Would that be convincing?
>>
>>47680003

That's just being a summoner who's showing off.
>>
>>47679935
When.
>>
>>47679935
That's what happens when you have a bunch of writers that don't share notes.
>>
>>47679896
Just send them to dominaria and let'em enjoy it for some minutes.
>>
>>47679935
Citation please.
>>
>>47679848
Planes are not necessarily planets. Consider how utterly Theros defies physics, with the world genuinely have an edge that falls away into Nyx.

They're just independent realms that disobey physics in a variety of ways.
>>
>>47679848
Correct me if I'm wrong, but it's confirmed that, at least for Inistraad and Tarkir, their is only one continent or landmass
>>
>>47680371
>It is not known whether any werewolves still exist on Innistrad, but some, perhaps many, might have escaped destruction by slayers and rejected Avacyn's eldritch transformation into wolfir. It was theorized that other lands beyond the great seas harbored exotic species of lycanthropes, and it has been speculated that some werewolves of the known world have fled for those far regions.
http://magic.wizards.com/en/articles/archive/feature/planeswalkers-guide-part-2-2012-04-18
>>
>>47680371
yeah innistrad has been stated to have multiple land continents, we just happen to always stay in teh same one.

I want to say they even joked the other continents change what kind of horror genre you encounter
>>
> everyone said arlinn was fluff walker and would do nothing for the plot
> first article basically spells out for you that arlinn and the werewolves will become innistrads protectors
> get scoffed at
> say nahari will be huge for modern
> everyone dick rubbing about sorin
> everything I say comes true and this story just reinforces my opinion
Btw arlinn as a card will be integral to some top tier decks in em. Buy now before the spike from spoilers.
> made almost triple my money off nahiris
>>
>>47680443

Unless Arlinn can magically mind-control every fucking werewolf on the plane to stop being a murderragebeast then they're not protecting shit. The circumstances that have HER any better than a psychotic monster joy-riding inside a human being's skin every full moon are also UNIQUE to Arlinn. The rest of them are the same murderous chucklefucks they've always been.
>>
>>47680531
There's apparently a pack that she has direct control over.
>>
>>47680559

I don't see how that's going to replace three flights of angels, particularly since werewolves can't power most of the defensive enchantments humanity needs to survive.
>>
>>47680531
> implying she won't find a way to turn most into wolfir
>>
>>47680577
I wasn't saying that they would, I was saying that there's a pack of werewolves that she leads and they're pretty tame in comparison to others. So, clearly she's not unique in being a werewolf that can co-exist with humans.
>>
>>47678508
>Emrakul falls into an open grave with a cartoonish banana-peel-slip sound effect.
>>
>>47681040

Although if it's the same size as before, it will still be somewhat alive until a wolf savages it.
>>
>>47677995
>liked how magic played angels straight
>lol jk they evil now
>liked how werewolves really were incapable of restraint and self control and weren't romanticized furrybait
>lol jk here's a woobie snowflake that has all the good attributes of a werewolf and none of the bad
>>
>>47681389
Better than making invincible beings beyond comprehension die by friendship.
>>
>>47680409
Fair enough, but if people know there are other continents, then they must also know what is and isn't there, still meaning someone could bring something alien back
>>
>>47681415

To be fair, that was more the ramp mage figuring out a way to share her infinite mana combo with the one who could cast Fireball.
>>
>>47681389
>Not wanting werewolves fighting blood angels
I'm sorry you have shit taste anon
>>
>>47681860
Kimberly, is that you?
>>
>>47681892
Sorry senpai
>>
>>47681389
did you miss the recent article about the werewolf who slaughtered his family and then got smited by an angel?

Also MTG has the entire gamut of angels, good to bad, we just came from a block where they have good angels. Last we heard sigarda is still uncorrupted.
>>
>>47678824
>>47678913
How delusional do you have to be to get that out of the story at all?
>>
>>47682054

It's not even that the angels are bad in Innistrad, it's that the spiteful asshole trying to destroy the plane is driving them insane by manipulating the plane's mana to make them do what she wants.

Innistrad's angels were some of the best, which is why it's infuriating to me that returning to Innistrad heavily involves killing them off enmasse.
>>
>>47682111
There's a lot of hate for Kreine because her stories have fallen flat before. I thought that this one was okay. A bit short, but it's a setup for the rest of EMN. I liked how the devils were portrayed, cackling little assholes, and the transition in perspective from Arlinn to the werewolf.
>>
>>47679011
The fuck do you think omniscience means On ravnica jace is able to hive mind everyone into a super intellect nd bolas actually is the smartesy by himself who only loses because plot.
>>
>>47681618
>I have all these forests i must save my lands from annihilator 6
>my rituals are all banned in modern, i cannot do 10 damage in one turn or kill indestructable
truely the best in fiction and I see why people ship them.
>>
>>47682386

C'mon, red has all the coolest stupid big X spells. You gotta ship 'er with someone with huge tracts of lands!
>>
>>47682165
I getcha, it could be remedied if they gave us more information on sigarda and her flight.
>>
>>47682885
Based on some of the angels depicted in artwork like Descend Upon the Sinful, I'm pretty sure Sigarda's fight is insane too, her angels are the only ones that carry scythes.
>>
>>47683026
It could, but I would be confused as to why Sigarda would be the only angel of her flight unaffected.
>>
>>47683124
Because Sigarda is the most powerful angel in her flight, the rest wouldn't be strong enough to resist it, plus it seems that a good deal of why Sigarda resisted is because she wasn't a big fan of Avacyn while her flight probably doesn't share that opinion.
>>
>>47683124
She has Hexproof, dog.
>>
>>47683124
Sigarda isn't affected by what's going on with the other angels because she has Hexproof. She literally cannot get mind controlled by everything that's going on because of Nahiri. She just hasn't shown up story-wise because she's scared shitless by Avacyn going loco along with every other angel on Innistrad. Right now it's assumed she's trying to protect humans due to the mechanics on her card, but in theory we should see her or get mentioned within the next week or two now that Avacyn's been killed.
>>
Was it ever stated if Angels are like Demons in that they just reform eventually if they are killed?
>>
>>47683401
I would assume not given the 4th sister has been dead.
>>
>>47683414
it's also bossible they do but not as literally the same individual. that's also possible of demons too, I guess
>>
>>47683414
That doesn't necessarily mean that, demons don't reform as the same demon their mana becomes a new demon. Really the issue I have is are angels finite? If they are then will so many no doubt dying here then Innistrad seems really screwed and if it isn't the reasons it isn't are going to have to feel really forced.
>>
>>47683451
>>47683461

Wouldn't the 4th sister reform just as strong though, being the head of a flight is more then just any ordinary angel
>>47683461
I assumed angels just spontaneously come into being and are not finite
>>
I'm more of the opinion that nahiri is just pawn and everything she created is just amplifying the madness orchestrated by the raven man.

I think the ultimate plan is to kill sorin and have one less old walker to oppose him when he's revealed as yawgmoth
>>
File: conspiracy.jpg (96KB, 960x640px) Image search: [Google]
conspiracy.jpg
96KB, 960x640px
>>47684241
>>
>>47684327
One can hope, right? Certainly more interesting to have everyone acting crazy for a reason other than angsty sandy tacos.

I mean think about it, nahari alone doesn't have the strength to do what she's done, supposedly she handled the other two eldrazzi titans alone and brought emrakul to innistrad when she needed the help of the super friends and two old walkers to handle it last time?

Nah, something's up. Or it better fucking be. If its just her alone that's some incredibly shitty writing by wizards.
>>
>>47684473
This has been Grimdark for No Reason: The Set.

Brought to you by Doug Beyer's tumblr account.
>>
>>47684508
Pretty much this, Innistrad was already a terrible place even with Avacyn and the angels around, now it's like something straight out of 40k, in fact you could probably compare the fate of the angels to what usually happens to Sisters of Battle. Did Matt Ward write this?
>>
>>47684611
Serena, is that you?
>>
>>47684627
Is it really that obvious?
>>
>>47684726
I think I've seen you a few times in this thread, and others.

Don't worry. It's endearing.
>>
>>47684473
She has nothing to do with Ulamog and Kozilek. And I don't think she has any sort of control over Enrakul, she is just the 'harbinger, so she is just bringing him to Innistrad.
>>
>>47684777
Not really
>>
>>47679892

There's an agreement among Planeswalkers to keep it secret on Ravnica, because no one wants to get dissected by Niv-Mizzet. There was an UR about it last year.
>>
>>47678075
At least it wasn't important.
>>
>>47679011
>>47678805

It might be more accurate to say personality doesn't HAVE to factor into colour. Arlinn was trained to use W/R magic, and so her card includes R to represent that she retains that training even if her philosophy and personality have shifted.

Species can (but doesn't always) also influence colour, Kiora would probably be mono-U if she wasn't a Merfolk. Karn certainly has enough of a personality that he could be placed on the colour wheel, but remains purely colourless due to his nature.

Vraska's another example, though I'm not sure of which. Personality-wise she's almost pure B, but retains G due to either her species or her history wtih the Golgari as an organization.
>>
>>47685748
>Kiora would probably be mono-U if she wasn't a Merfolk
Dude, what? Green is all about big creatures, and Kiora is a total size queen.
>>
>>47685766
Sorry, brainfart. Meant to say mono-G, you are quite correct.
>>
File: cardart_SOI_Story-5B.jpg (405KB, 750x450px) Image search: [Google]
cardart_SOI_Story-5B.jpg
405KB, 750x450px
So any bets on whether he's cooled down or he's still buttmad after the timeskip between SOI and EMN?
>>
>>47686091
Sorin care about three things: His plane, his family and Avacyn. Nahiri killed almost his entire family, he had to kill Avacyn himself and his plane is getting raped. No he's still a Mad Dad.
>>
>>47680631
>So, clearly she's not unique in being a werewolf that can co-exist with humans.

She's just the alpha wolf of her pack, and if the alpha says back off, the others obey. I really doubt its anything special.
>>
>>47686091
Nah, Sorin and Nahiri are going to have such hot makeup sex.
>>
>>47686091
>that pic
>"I herd u were talkin shit lik I wudnt find out"
>>
File: Image.jpg (28KB, 223x310px) Image search: [Google]
Image.jpg
28KB, 223x310px
>>47686091

A factor of Sorin's character they haven't really gotten into yet in canon is that he is a vindictive motherfucker who never, ever, EVER forgets a grudge.

The dude makes getting revenge on people a hobby to help pass eternity and can hold grudges for centuries. Forgiveness isn't something Sorin DOES.
>>
>>47686588
I just know they're gonna make him the villain and Nahiri will join the Gatewatch for protection.
"omg guise help there's a creepy old dude stalking me idk why :("
>>
Are there any cards that are out or articles detailing that Sorin already knows that its Emrakul that Nahiri is trying to unleash unto Innistrad?
>>
>>47686647
All hints have pointed to him being clueless that that's what Nahiri was trying to do. He seems to think she was just trying to drive the plane mad with mana shenanigans and fucking with his angel.
>>
>>47686639

I really don't get the impression people seem to have that the writers in any way sympathize with Nahiri. She clearly was written as being as irrational and childish in her fight with Sorin as Sorin himself was being, she's gal-pals with a sadistic woman-child necromancer now, and she's working with cthulu cults and murdering a shitload of people while Sorin desperately scrambles to save his plane from his former protoge's vengeance. Sorin is clearly the good guy here and the writing is reflecting that.
>>
>>47686842
People just like to moan.
>>
>>47686588
What if this is all foreplay for the two of them?
>>
>>47686892
Jesus Christ.

I mean, whatever floats your boat...

But damn.
>>
>>47686924
It actually happens every few centuries, Nahiri blows shit up, Sorin kills Avacyn, they fuck, and then he makes Avacyn again.
The only problem is that he hasn't told Nahiri that he can't make Avacyn again but damn that boner.
>>
>>47686842
I'm hedging my bets. Either the story goes the way I want it too, or I win an anonymous argument on a Cambodian fishing newsletter.
>>
>>47686994
I really want a happy ending for this block, like Nahiri getting unmindfucked, feeling contrition, helping them unfuck things, and then joining the gatewatch.
>>
>>47687080

>Humanity's belief and the change in Innistrad's mana allows the natural laws to be rewritten; rather than only demons being able to use the plane's mana to reincarnate, the angels that have been so changed by Nahiri's meddling are able to as well, and human faith allows Avacyn to be reborn, this time as a fully thinking and feeling being with a soul and will all her own, to redeem the angels and save the day again (possibly accompanied by the reincarnated 4th sister, who she reconciles with in their shared desire to save the world)
>Nahiri has a "what have I done" moment and tries to sacrifice herself to undo the damage she's done; Sorin, while strongly tempted to let her die after all she's done, remembers better times and saves her. The two cannot reconcile at this point, not after what's passed between them, but Sorin wants her to pay for what she's done with her life, not her death. Nahiri departs on a journey to redeem herself, promising to come to the Gatewatch's aid if they call on her.
>Sorin refuses to join the Gatewatch, but Jace helped in some way in saving the plane, and so he gruffly lets the mind mage knows he owes him and won't forget that when he's squaring his debts.
>Sorin and Avacyn get one fucking moment's peace as father and daughter
>>
File: cosmic_mad.gif (432KB, 348x512px) Image search: [Google]
cosmic_mad.gif
432KB, 348x512px
>>47687080

In the story where Sorin kills Avacyn, she recalls being in the Hellvault with the Demons, and she wasn't even in there that long. Nahiri was likely in there for centuries until Liliana forced Thalia to blow it up so she could get her hands on G-Bizzle.

Imagine being trapped in purgatory with a bunch of demons too powerful to kill for centuries only to emerge and find your home in ruins after trying to get the guy who trapped you to help like he promised.

Nahiri likely isn't mindfucked, more like pic related.
>>
>>47687260
That's part of the reason I want her to make it through this. Lets say that time fucked her up and she got conscripted by Emrakul, Jace and Tam Tam unfucks her mind
>>
>>47687241
Your last bit about Sorin and Avacyn with fucking and "father and daughter" in the same sentence is so easily taken out of context
>>
>>47684960
In her history it says she reprisoned the titans, alone. But it never explained how she did this.
>>
>>47686668
He apparently figured it out right after he unmade avacyn.
>>
>>47687260
>pushing "nahiri was in the helvault meme" again
And again, i'll state absolutely nothing has ever stated nahiri was in the helvault.
>>
>>47687260
Wouldn't "you imprisoned me for thousands of fucking years in a silver prison" be kind of the first thing you mention in a "this is how you wronged me" speech? Please stop pushing this helvault bullshit like it's canon when it's never been mentioned.
>>
>>47687620
I guess we just need to read the books, huh?
>>
Since when people care so much about avacyn ?
>>
File: 3hnueij4kd_storyshot.jpg (143KB, 700x399px) Image search: [Google]
3hnueij4kd_storyshot.jpg
143KB, 700x399px
>His hand over her shoulder

Will these 3 musketeers ever be the same again?
>>
>>47687650
Find me anything that remotely even suggests this other than "nahiri lost the will to live because she was bored so she went on a vacation for a thousand years"
>>
>>47687810
Well, we definitely need to read the books then, don't we?
>>
>>47687852
Still waiting for that one piece of information i asked for there, or are you going to continue to parrot?
>buy the books goyim
>t. jewzard
>>
>>47687881
I guess I really better read the books, anon.
>>
>>47687650
Oh you.

>back to the flake thread for me.
>>
>>47687703
Since awhile.

It doesn't help that her death was grimderp and easily avoidable.
>>
>>47687972
If you haven't read the books yet, it's too late for you, anon.
>>
>>47688070
Then I better read the books!
>>
File: Thalia wallpaper.jpg (2MB, 2560x1600px) Image search: [Google]
Thalia wallpaper.jpg
2MB, 2560x1600px
>Thalia
>Odric
>St. Traft and his angel
>Sigarda
>Arlinn Kord

Now there's a justice league I can get behind.
>>
File: deepest lore.jpg (72KB, 600x421px) Image search: [Google]
deepest lore.jpg
72KB, 600x421px
>>47688087
>every color but black represented in Innistrad defense force
DEEPEST LORE
E
E
P
E
S
T

L
O
R
E
>>
>>47680053
>>47679935
>>47679896
Jace also does literally that to escape Ravnica when he was trapped in a doorless, windowless cell during the Maze thing. He leaves, comes right back and lands in a different place, escaping. It's a bit roundabout, but it's basically teleportation.
>>
>>47688168

When black stops defining "heroism" as winning one of these, maybe it can join the justice league.
>>
>>47688087
Not going to lie, that sounds like a kick ass army
>>
File: 1460331961228.jpg (48KB, 1000x1414px) Image search: [Google]
1460331961228.jpg
48KB, 1000x1414px
>>47677995
I am actually surprised that Avacyn's death did not stop the Angel's madness, if this ends with all the Angels being wiped out I am going to be super pissed. Shit's fucked!
>>
File: PCs are done with this shit.jpg (130KB, 720x576px) Image search: [Google]
PCs are done with this shit.jpg
130KB, 720x576px
>>47689225
Would you say that they are fucking pissed?
>>
>>47689225
It's pretty clear that madness is running through the entire plane. Hence the fucking madness and delirium mechanic friendo.

Pretty sure nearly everyone is going insane except for the hex proof. And when I get proven right that even nahiri is being manipulated through madness by the ravenman (which is why Jace was able to see him while delving into lilis mind) I'll get to be smug on the internet
>>
File: 1315240543030.jpg (139KB, 720x488px) Image search: [Google]
1315240543030.jpg
139KB, 720x488px
>>47689366
See Pic related
>>47689429
I completely agree, but there are some humans that are keeping their wits, so I was hoping that her death might have loosen the madness hold on the Angels, I just hope we don't lose all the Angels on the plane.
>>
>>47687620
>>47687645
Maro confirmed it on his blog. Don't have a pic but it was only a few days ago so it couldn't be that many pages back
>>
File: 1464732017354.gif (2MB, 480x327px) Image search: [Google]
1464732017354.gif
2MB, 480x327px
When do we get to see what the god damned madness is?
Fuck.
>>
>>47689706
Probably not till after spoilers at the end of the month. I'm gonna go ahead and assume they are going to go in the same order of stories they did last time, it started with arlinn and now the em lead up is starting with her as well.
>>
>>47689684
He deleted it
>>
If nahiri was in the helvault... Wouldn't she had bitched about being imprisoned for a thousand fucking years instead of the other shit, or at least mention it?
>>
>>47689826
We haven't actually seen Nahiri in an article that depicts her after her fight with Sorin. There's nowhere where she could have mentioned being trapped by Sorin. The closest we get to her being seen in an article in a description of her by Gisa.
>>
>>47689826
We haven't gotten anything with her actually in it dated since her alleged trip to the helvault.
the closest we got was gisa's letter to geralf.
>>
>>47689796
For rizzle? Well it was definitely there if anyone screen capped it
>>
>>47689916
If you google mark helvault it's the first link to reddit that links to a tumbler that saved the tweet. All it is is maro saying she was trapped for a thousand years in the helvault.
>>
>>47689969
Maro helvault, fucking auto correct.
>>
>Innistrad is supposed to be gothic horror with evil powers getting out of hand
>Black has no plentiful cheap removal
>nothing even remotely similar to Doom Blade or Terror

Man, fuck the 'flavor' of Black in this set, it's all bark and no bite.
>>
>>47687757
Kozilek and Ulamog are dead, so i doubt it.
>>
>>47690040
For a horror themed set mono black is extremely weak in this block. We better see some fucking love in em. Meanwhile blue has the usual great shit and whites shitting on everything while lore wise they are supposed to be in fucking chaos.

Not even some black splashed angels, red is madness colors? Meh. The only fucking demon worth mentioning is a fucking colorless toy box that gets fucking destroyed by simple bounce spells, vampires are faggots and require heavy red splashing for any fun and to run anything decent black in this block you have to dip blue.

What a bullshit horror set.
>>
>>47680430
My headcanon is that the equatorial continent is Darkest Africa with the best parts of 18-19th century India mixed in. Pygmy tribes, shamans, man-eating tigers, and expeditions.
>>
>>47690336
Obviously white is the strongest, the Angels are going nuts and killing everyone. Red is the madness color because they aren't insane with purpose, they are just rage filled and killing everything in sight, which is totally Reds flavor.

It's like you're just complaining to complain
>>
>>47689826
They havent written anything directly about her since SOI started. We know very little of what Nahiri

>>47687620
what more do you want

We know Nahiri went inexplicably missing for a long period of time. We know Sorin regrets something he did to Nahiri long ago

The last moments that we know of for Nahiri before she resurfaced in innistrad was her fighting Sorin by the hellevault.
>>
>>47687583
Some shitty vampires were playing with the lock, so she kicked the vampires out and fixed the lock.
>>
File: Screenshot_2016-06-09-13-56-17.png (367KB, 720x1280px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2016-06-09-13-56-17.png
367KB, 720x1280px
>>47687620
Sauce here. MaRo then deleted the post.

Corroborated by https://mobile.twitter.com/Vronos/status/736756198767222786
>>
>>47689684
Maro isn't a story guy.
>>
>>47695661
>Denying this hard
Why are you so irrationally against the obvious?
>>
>>47695661
As if that would stop him.
>>
>>47690336
>Le blue gets everything meme
I have not seen cards like counterspell,mana drain and force of will in a while. Not even tiago or fucking delver. Stop crying
>>
Is this thread worth saving?
>>
>>47695592
>>47698050
>>47697979
Read this CAREFULLY:

That pic (very poorly shopped btw) LITERALLY doesn't mean anything.
Anything at all.

Maro is not in charge of the history.
Maro doesn't answer shit like that in his blog.
Maro has literally no form of knowing that.
And finally, it doesn't make ANY sense in the history context.

But go ahead and post it every thread trying to fool retards and fish for replies.
>>
File: 96.jpg (63KB, 312x445px) Image search: [Google]
96.jpg
63KB, 312x445px
why is this the best card ever printed?

>art: 7/10
>abilities: 8/10
>text: 10/10
>>
>>47704912
I will laugh at you when it's proven true.
>>
>>47687241
>Sorin
>forgiving anything
>especially this monumental fuckup
Yeah nah, not even Jace is going to be able to stop this terrible vampire reaming brewing in the distance.
>>
>>47687703
Have you never looked at her? Gazed upon her winged grace and felt a profound sense of comfort and well being?
>>
>>47709356
at least use the right teminology

>not even Jace is going to be able to stop Nahiri from coming down with a sudden and fatal case of being in the way of a millenia-old-vampire
>>
>>47705765
I prefer the samurai version.
>>
>>47709414
I was trying to gracefully walk around it Anon. But yes, that is what will be more likely to happen so long as Sorin doesn't get fucked out of his grudge keeping like Nissa was out of her elf Nazism.
>>
>>47704912
How does it 'not make ANY sense in the history context'?
The last we see of Nahiri at all is her being doubleteamed by Avacyn and Sorin in front of the Helvault in Sorin's flashback to a thousand years ago. She has then proceeded to do SHIT and ALL until Shadows block, and even there hasn't actually made an actual appearance beyond a mention in Gisa's letter - only the effects of what she's doing are around
>>
>>47709479
>https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_UpZ3B0xP-U

We know the direction wizards is taking with all their characters, Sorin will just forgive Nahiri
>>
>>47710783

Again, a fairly sizable portion of Sorin's characterization is that the guy doesn't do apologies or forgiveness and has no compunctions about killing for convenience, let alone killing for revenge; he does the latter for fun, as a hobby. He murdered a small gaggle of vampires without blinking to make a point that he will not leave Olivia's house until he feels like it, and the worst those guys did (as far as Sorin was concerned anyway, the Voldarens are all horrible monsters) was be in his way.

Sorin responded to Nahiri attacking him a thousand years ago by imprisoning her forever. Now, however, she's hurt him a lot worse than anyone has in millennia.

Sorin is going to want to BUTCHER her. At best Nahiri gets away or is able to engineer Sorin's death, but they can never forgive each other after what's happened.
>>
File: phyrexia.png (2MB, 1920x1200px) Image search: [Google]
phyrexia.png
2MB, 1920x1200px
Threadly Reminder
>>
>>47712535
Dear god, please. Save me from these shenanigans.
Thread posts: 174
Thread images: 23

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.