[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/srg/ Shadowrun General - More Toxic Than A Shitposter Edition

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 376
Thread images: 59

File: Toxic Shaman 2.jpg (59KB, 750x562px) Image search: [Google]
Toxic Shaman 2.jpg
59KB, 750x562px
...Identity Spoofed
...Encryption Keys Generated
...Connected to Leek Routers
>>>Login: *********
>>>Enter Passcode: *********
...Biometric Scan Confirmed
Connected to Wastebin...

*Welcome back to /srg/, chummer
*Last Viewed Files: >>>47522595
*SOX_Advisory.epub
*Gobbet_Eating_Garbage.trd
*Detecting_Supercancer.sklsft
*Breath_Of_Fresh_Air.sim

Personal Alerts
* Your Current Rep Score: 106 (7% Positive)
* You have 1 new private message, titled 'Lake Acids Looking For Love'
* Your Chummer > Tools > Options books list has been unchecked
>https://github.com/chummer5a/chummer5a/releases
* Cloud File Storage:
>http://pastebin.com/SsWTY7qr
* Running ToxicDong.btl...

>Watch your back
>shoot straight
>conserve ammo
>And never, ever cut a deal with a dragon

Toxics. You know them, you hate them, they hate you and everything else in the world. When was the last time you saw one? If you live out in the Barrens, there must be a few around- maybe not full-blown Captain Planet Villains, but some 2MAG kid with a dirty aura, or people who pile up edible trash to keep the radhounds away. We've got a book full of mutants and toxic critters now, do you expect to see them soon? How are we going to kill off those damn Demon Rats before they give everyone VITAS?
>>
>>47555950
>We've got a book full of mutants and toxic critters now, do you expect to see them soon?
Nope.

>How are we going to kill off those damn Demon Rats before they give everyone VITAS?
To cite a classic: Just nerve gas the whole fucking nest.
>>
File: Skaven Packmaster.jpg (150KB, 1024x724px) Image search: [Google]
Skaven Packmaster.jpg
150KB, 1024x724px
>>47555996
There's a lot of rats, and they're smart enough to come after you. Can't gas the world though that would be a great toxic shaman idea- put people in plastic bubbles and murder everything else to kill off the critters that have taken over the planet
>>
File: Toxic Shaman Nuclear Spirit.jpg (302KB, 630x839px) Image search: [Google]
Toxic Shaman Nuclear Spirit.jpg
302KB, 630x839px
How are you supposed to fight Nuclear Spirits?

Adepts can't punch them to death without getting sterilized by the second pass, and 'geek the mage' is actually very hard to do when the mage is full of toxic power, hiding in piles of radioactive garbage.

APDS is the standard answer to spirit trouble, but if it manifests close to you it's going to soak you in rads before you can put it down, let alone if there are multiple spirits trying to get you.
>>
>>47555996
>>47556052
Hire a ghoul squad to eat them.
>>
>>47556364
Ghouls only eat metahuman flesh, though, and prefer the flesh of their own metatype.

I don't know if they can catch diseases or be poisoned by eating evil ratmeat (they don't have Immunity (Pathogens) or Immunity (Toxins)), but eating demon rats in general is probably unappealing to them.
>>
>>47556402
Hire awakened ghoul demon rats to eat them.
>>
File: All The Splats.png (697KB, 1360x623px) Image search: [Google]
All The Splats.png
697KB, 1360x623px
>>47556410
But of course.
>>
>>47556358
I'm thinking some kind of running battle. Try to keep far enough away that they are attempting to minimize exposure, but still in range of blowing it the fuck up. The only question is how far the Energy Aura extends.
>>
>>47556453
Energy Aura is just in melee combat, right? Unless I'm missing something, it only kicks in when the thing is either hitting or being hit in CQC.

Spirits are just so fast that, unless you've got a vehicle and really good driver, you're going to have a hard time avoiding it.
>>
>>47556518
Not to mention Elemental Attack, up to Magic/Force meters away, which lets him cook a truck full of runners like popcorn in a microwave.
>>
>>47556565
That's 12, max 18 meters.

You can drive faster than an angry spirit, right?
>>
>>47556586
Until it uses Movement to multiply it's speed by it's Magic, sure. Then it's going fast enough to stick it's astral dick down my throat and ejaculate cancer into my lungs before I can bring my guy to bear.
>>
I'm pitting my runners against a group of toxic mages. I'm waiting to reveal radiation spirits just because they're such a big fuck you (-AP = armor value!) but when it happens, it sound really put the fear of Winternight in them.
So far they only know there are some Toxics and they're bad news. And that they had a plan to nuke the city (or somewhere). Soon they'll find that was only one of like 4 simultaneous plans.
>>
>>47556586
A Force 12 spirit can move 48 meters in ~3 seconds, right? That's about 35.7 miles per hour. Of course that's manifested and it takes a complex to go from one plane to the next. Driving away is not a bad choice as long as you don't stop, I suppose.
>>
>>47556453
>>47556655
What if it doesn't follow you when you are in a car?
>>
File: Ludicrous Speed.gif (7MB, 496x262px) Image search: [Google]
Ludicrous Speed.gif
7MB, 496x262px
>>47556655
It walks at Agilityx2. For a Nuclear Spirit at Force 12, that's 14 Agility, 28 meters walking, 56 meters running.

If it uses Movement, multiplying it's speed by it's magic (which is equal to it's force), that's running at 672 meters a second, 3360 meters a minute, or better than 24,000km an hour.

Correct me if I'm wrong, because that's a ridiculous speed and I don't know if Spirits use special rules or I just suck at math, but if I understand correctly then basically you can't outrun a spirit unless you're going twice the speed of sound. Even a Westwind will have some trouble doing that.
>>
>>47556763
IIRC you can fuck around with vehicle mods and get a car from Rigger 5 to go at a measurable fraction of C if you felt like it.
>>
>>47556763
Actually, Nuclear Spirits don't have movement. Other toxics like Barren, Sludge, Noxious, and Abomination do, but Nuclear and Plague Spirits don't.

So you can outrun a nuclear spirit in a good car, but god help you if the toxic shaman has different kinds of spirits.
>>
>>47556828
You can't do it with a car. Jets and humanoid drones, yes.
>>
New mage here. What's a solid force for casting spirits and spells without utterly stunfucking myself to death? I mean force 12 monster spirits are rad, but they do kinda doom you unless you roll well or edge to safety.
>>
>>47556865
Generally 3-4 is an achievable Force for most common summonings, and F6 is for a combat spirit.
>>
>>47556865
Spells are usually on a case by case basis, who are you casting the spell on often determines how much you want to push it.

Spirits at lower forces (1-5) can be very useful for recon, whereas force 6+ are combat monsters.
>>
>>47556358
>How are you supposed to fight Nuclear Spirits?
While wearing lead lined clothing, one would assume.
Like, if you're going off to fight Yuri the Radiant in the ruins of chernobyl, you should probably be prepared to deal with radiation.
>>
>>47556865
I like going for force 6 fire spirits when you need something engulfed.
>>
>>47556933
I don't know if this changes peoples answers, but i'm a possession mage.
>>
>>47556939
Huh. That'll really change people's answers. Like, I got no damn clue as to how possession mages work. Can possessed folks even use spirit powers like engulf?
>>
>>47556939
No. You just need a body for your spirit to interact with the physical world.

Force 3 for some astral scouting, Force 6 inside something solid to fuck things up.
>>
6 Is the highest starting level for a skill, including knowledge skills, right? So if I have Agi 4 I can only put 2 points into pistols?
>>
>>47557053
I mean at character creation
>>
>>47557053
Dice Pool =/= Skill Rating
I made the same mistake my first time around.
If you have 4 Agility, you can put 6 Points (and a Specialization) into Pistols, and then you cna roll a full 10 dice.
>>
>>47557053
No. Attribute level is irrelevant to skill level.
>>
File: cbA5Txo.png (2MB, 1448x1307px) Image search: [Google]
cbA5Txo.png
2MB, 1448x1307px
>>47557092
>>47557100

Hot damn thanks.
>>
>>47557053
No, you can put in 6 points, because 6 is the max number of points you can put in. That'll give you 10 dice total, which is 2 dice less than what you want if you're focusing on pistols.
>>47557092
Wouldn't they be rolling 12 dice with the specialization?
>>
File: A.jpg (57KB, 640x640px) Image search: [Google]
A.jpg
57KB, 640x640px
https://youtu.be/fjKVXvBWGZU

I need some cyberpunk movies to watch, any suggestions?
>>
Can you guys tel me more about gangs (or where to look up more info about them)? They seem to not have much said about them in 5e.
I browsed through the Vice book from 4e. Is that the best source right now?
And lastly, is there any truth to the rumor that the Desolation Angels are run by a Mantis Spirit?
>>
File: Ruger Super Warhawk.png (198KB, 900x500px) Image search: [Google]
Ruger Super Warhawk.png
198KB, 900x500px
>>47557221
I wasn't counting the specialization. If they take the correct Revolvers specialization, they get to roll 12 dice with their Warhawk.
>>
Why is sonar in shadowrun so much worse than sonar IRL? The ultrasound sensor in the corebook has a 50 meter range. Meanwhile, american sonar devices during ww2 had a 2286 meter range.
I understand if a sonar device put into someone's head would have to be slightly shitty in order to fit it inside someone's head, but you'd think that vehicle mounted sonar devices would be able to see at least as far as sonar devices built over 130 years ago.
The same thing applies to radar. The US army's SCR-584 radar, used during WW2, had a range of 64008 meters. Meanwhile, radar units in shadowrun have a range of 50 meters. What the hell is going on here?
>>
>>47557279
>>47557221
Then you add two dice due to smartlink running silent with cybereyes.

Total 14 dice, which is respectable. Until you take into account range penalties, glare, darkness etc...
>>
>>47557244
The Zero Theorem is great if you like existential angst, although it's the least funny thing done by an ex-python to date.
>>
>>47557379
Sonar =/= ultrasound.

sick.com/gb/en/product-portfolio/distance-sensors/ultrasonic-sensors/c/g185671

>Integrated time-of-flight technology detects objects such as glass, liquids and transparent foils, independent of color
>Range up to 8,000 mm

That's 8 meters right there. Sonar doesn't work half as well in air.
>>
>>47557417
Huh. Still doesn't answer my question about radar.
>>
>>47557407
I enjoy Terry's stuff. I saw it and I enjoyed it.
>>
>>47557244
Repo! The Genetic Opera is a really awful cyberpunk musical. I genuinely don't know who thought making a cyberpunk musical would be a good idea, but there you go.
>>
>>47557379
>>47557439
This may surprise you, but a military grade, shed-sized radar emplacement with a directional dish as large as a tractor tire, operated by a highly trained crew, is more effective than some discreet vehicle mod using a robot brain to interpret it's surroundings.

Here's a guide to a personal radar device, with a range of about 5 meters at it's max.
http://www.pyroelectro.com/projects/ir_radar/

The waves travel a lot farther, but the limited computing power can't turn it into useful data.
>>
>>47557480
It's a thankless job, someone's got to do it.
>>
>>47557681
And? The military grade navigational systems used during the Gulf War now come standard in most phones.
>>
>>47557779
And the radar tech is now a little box you wire into your car that does all the heavy lifting for you, just giving you the accurate results. And guns are still tubes with explosive powder that propel small pieces of metal at heigh velocity, the same way they did 200 years ago. Technology doesn't move in lockstep. Radar uses bouncing radio waves, and if you're not getting a good-sized dish to receive the signals better there's only so far it can be taken.

Are you upset that technology moved dramatically ahead, but is not magic?
>>
>>47557779
I'm not an expert, but GPS and sonar are not the same thing, are they?
>>
>>47557859
You don't even get the option to put a dish on though. And assuming the dish only rotates when it's in use, it wouldn't even be that conspicuous if you put it on the right vehicle. The RVs in rigger 5 literally come standard with a satellite dish. Replace that with the radar dish and no-one's the wiser until you turn it on.
>>47557870
I was just using that as an example of how military tech ends up in civilian hands.
>>
Hey Chummers

What makes the best GUY WHO SHOOTS THINGS character: A Sam or a GSA? And what guns for that character? Automatics or Pistols?
>>
>>47558218
>What makes the best GUY WHO SHOOTS THINGS character
Lightly 'wared GSA

>what guns?
Automatics
>>
>>47558218
Automatics are the gold standard for shooting things. Pistols are for the face.
>>
>>47558269

'wared GSA? Interesting.

Is there anywhere I can read a guide to Minmaxing GSA in SR5? Specifically so I can go read that instead of keeping on bugging the thread.
>>
File: Assault Cannon.jpg (33KB, 235x444px) Image search: [Google]
Assault Cannon.jpg
33KB, 235x444px
>>47558277
>Automatics are the gold standard for shooting things.

No, that's Heavy Weapons. People are just too boring to carry an assault cannon everywhere like a real man.
>>
There's no resist check for the attribute boost drain is there?
>>
>>47558296
If you don't care about subtlety, Heavy Weapons ends up losing out to Gunnery, which covers everything in the game so long as you mount it to a go-kart first.
>>
How do people become toxic mages? Is it like comic books where you get exposed to radiation and end up getting super powers instead of cancer?
>>
How should i go about my insane hobo dual wielding gundept PC i'm intending to make for an upcoming campaign?

>>47558325
All spells and powers have drain and drain resist rolls as per normal unless there is specifically mentioned DO NOT RESISt, DO NOT PASS START, DO NOT COLLECT 200 NUYEN!
>>
>>47558295
First you take raial max in Agility and max points in automatics.

Then you sacrifice one point of Essence and Magic for Muscle Toner 2, Smartlink, Reflex Recorder (Automatics) and a Datajack.

With your five remaining PP, you take Improved Reflexes 2, Attribute Boost (Agility) 1 and Improved Ability (Automatics) 3. You can also take attribute Boost (Agi) 1 as a Qi Focus.

This allows you to max out your agility on demand. With a honorable (3D6 + REA + INT +2) initiative and 20+ dice in automatis, you can rock and roll with an Ares Alpha all night.
>>
So since sex reassignment costs zero essence, does that mean a dragon could theoretically get a sex change? I know they can't get cybernetics, but without the essence hole thing it seems like it should be possible. Asking because reasons.
>>
>>47558525

You say sacrifice one point of Essence - Couldn't I just use Prototype Transhuman to get the best of both worlds on this one?
>>
>karmagen
>Elf is 40 karma
>Dryad is 90

>priority / sum to 10
>Elf and Dryad have identical progression

I already know the reason, but someone has asked the writers about this, right?
>>
File: Toxic Shaman Barrel.jpg (237KB, 1280x960px) Image search: [Google]
Toxic Shaman Barrel.jpg
237KB, 1280x960px
>>47558423
Street Grimoire 79-80 has the general paths people take to becoming toxic shamans (and blood mages). You have to already be Awakened, and then either you start using the corrupted mana of toxic places for your own ends, or you could just be crazy. If you Awaken in someplace like Glow City, odds are good that you're going to become toxic just because that's all the mana that surrounds you and you know of no other way.

Getting exposed to that mana sucks for regular magicians and adepts (and regular folk to a lesser extent) but it doesn't automatically turn you like Ooze and other strangeness. You need to make the choice, consciously or not, to use that rotten mana and let it in.
>>
>>47558498
Be a gunadept, get Hobo with a Shotgun and one of the mental illness qualities. Glad to help.
>>
>>47558498
>dual wielding
Don't. Dual wielding requires you to split your dicepool, meaning you need to be rolling 18 dice in order to not suck.
>>47558536
Wasn't there a dragon who got a datajack? But anyway, yeah, I guess they could.
>>
>>47558564
No. Muscle Toner and the Reflex Recorder are Bioware, the Smartlink is Cyberware. You'll have to dip into your Essence either way if you want it all.

Prototype Transhuman will allow to get more 'ware on top of that if you really want it, though.
>>
>>47558564
Sure, but then you either glow like a lighthouse on the astral or have a corp trying to hunt you down and recapture your ass.
>>
>>47558595

Yeah, Eliohan. Which means, if I'm not mistaken, that there's at least in principle a path for a metahuman to become a female dragon. You'd just have to displace DEUS somehow and voluntarily e-ghost yourself before transferring into Eliohan's body, then construct a giant vat and retool SRS procedures for a dragon, then defend it for the three months or whatever it takes the procedure to go through..
>>
File: Dragons Are Great At Campaigning.jpg (113KB, 692x1155px) Image search: [Google]
Dragons Are Great At Campaigning.jpg
113KB, 692x1155px
>>47558595
>Wasn't there a dragon who got a datajack?

Eliohann. Didn't work out so well for him, though I guess it's not really the datajack's fault.

>>47558536
Maybe? They don't cover how that translates with shapechanging, so the dragon would have to stay in that shape forever, but there's no reason why you couldn't do surgery on a dragon.
>>
>>47558498

Then what would I resist the drain with? Adepts don't have traditions.
>>
>>47558683
>Adept Drain: Some powers cause Drain. The Drain from adept powers is Stun unless specified in the description, and is resisted with Body + Willpower.

Core, 308, right in the section about Adepts using powers. C'mon, anon.
>>
>>47558569
Glamour is broken.

Of course, the real minmaxers tend to play changeling elves with glamour, anyway.
>>
Are toxic mages immune to their own gimmicks? Like, can a radiation mage die of radiation poisoning?
>>
I want to squeeze every bit of Unarmed skill out of my PhysAd character at character creation. How can I go about that?
>>
>>47559031
See >>47558525, replace all mentions of Automatics by Unarmed Combat. You can drop the Smartlink, it's useless. Replace with one pair of Striking Calusses.
>>
>>47559005
No. Standing in their own AoE they are going to get radiation poisoning. Standing next to an exposed nuclear reactor and they're going to get radiation poisoning, If they target themselves with radiation beam then they're going to get radiation poisoning.
>>
>>47558575
Some Toxics also are motivated by ecoterrorism. They claim to be defending the planet by getting back at the people who poisoned it, by using that poison. Or they're the ones who claim that it's now time for toxic Earth to rule the day, for everything to be smog and sludge and those six-pack rings that dolphins get stuck in.

>>47559005
Yes and no. If a toxic mage eats a spoonful of uranium, he's going to die like a normal person would. However, they probably know some spells that help keep them alive while they squat in their toxic dump. As well, toxic adepts tend to be super gross due to the fact that adepts internalize their magic, but it's closer to how Nurgle followers look rotted but are sustained by magic.
>Some toxic adepts will become covered in boils, warts, and sores as their skin takes on a sick and diseased look. Others seep puss, bile, or filthy chemicals from their very pores. Drawing the toxic magic may give some a greatly enhanced physique, with their bones and muscles swollen and distended to enormous proportions, pulsing with malicious power. Others gain a sickly and emaciated appearance, mirroring the sick and shriveled aspects of the poisoned land. Their skin is pallid and drawn; their eyes sunken and discolored. Yet this appearance belies the fact that they still possess the same supernatural quickness and strength as they did before (if not more).
>>
>>47559107

What's a respectable level of dice? I have one I've been tinkering with for a while, except that I traded AGI for STR. (DP of 17, 13P Damage because of Bone Density Aug)
>>
>>47559280
Depends entirely on the table. Talk to the GM and the other players so that you're all at the same page; if everyone hits the same level of optimization, it doesn't particularly matter what the benchmark is. I've played in games where 12-14 in your primary diepool is top shelf, and I've heard of games where anything less than 20 is scorned.
>>
>>47559280
Depends on what you're doing, omae.

In general for static tests you need 3-4 times the dice vs the number of hits you need, and in opposed test similar.

When more net hits equals more damage, you want as many dice as possible to 1shot folks.
>>
>>47559280
In my experience 17 is not exceptional, that's what a human gets with a maxxed Arm of God, 6 points in a combat skill and a smartlink.

On the other hand it's more than enough to blast troggas dead with a fuckhueg revolver/deliver some brutal suppressing fire.
>>
Who produces the Steel Lynx?

And are there alternate model names for drones, like there are for vehicles?
>>
>>47559397
>17 is not exceptional
17 is pretty high. At my table "your thing" dicepools hover from 12-14.
>>
>>47559139
>>47559231
Aww. What's the point of having crazy radiation wizards if they can't live in places filled with radiation.
>>
>>47559573
Amusing how those things vary, huh?

But no, 17 is nothing exceptional in a combat skill. That's the level you can get simply throwing nuyen at the problem.

Non-combat skills, though, that's another discussion.
>>
>>47559681
Deckers at my tables always seem to struggle with /only/ 12 dice in computer/cracking
>>
>>47559681
Well, an AI with exceptional entity can have 13 CHA, 6 ranks and a specialty for a dicepool of 21 right out of the gate, which I think may be the highest, tied with an elf with exceptional attribute, geneware and max rank tailored pheremones.
Funny how it's easier to make a face AI than a hacker AI.
>>
>>47559582
They do live in places filled with radiation. They just get sick from radiation and have to purge themselves with spells, continuing a never-ending cycle of rot and renewal. Or they wear hazmat gear.
>>
>>47559781
Decking use mental attributes, and there's no (relatively speaking) cheap 'shortcut' to get them max attribute + 3 for almost all relevant actions like a "Hand of God" cyberarm does.

This being said, between a Cerebral Booster, Cerebellum Booster, specializations, the Codeslinger quality for their primary shtick and an Agent helping them with teamwork tests; a decker can push past the 12 dice barrier relatively easily.
>>
>>47559397
>>47560037

What is this Hand/Arm of God?
>>
Hey guys. Could you please post the character sheet for the spell foci abusing trolldept?
>>
>>47560063
A cyberarm that is customized to your metatype's maximum Agility, and further equipped with 3 levels of Agility enhancement. (And optionally the same for Strength, but it becomes more expensive and might be too high in availability to get at chargen.)

As long as you use a one-handed weapon it boosts your dicepool tremendously, because you use the limb's Agility of (Racial Max +3) instead of your base Agility.
>>
Alright, would you pass this as GM. ESS cost for Muscle Toner or similar ware is halved if the ware is concentrated for example hands only. Meaning actions that don't use wared bodypart don't get the bonus.
For example muscle toner on hands and upper body wouldn't give bonuses to running fast.
>>
>>47559843
As far as I can tell the only spell capable of doing anything about radiation is decontamination, which just gives you extra dice to resist damage. Said damage is stun, so there's not really much a mage can do about it. By the time it slides over to physical, (at which point you can get rid of it via casting heal) your stun track is full.
>>
So, i got Submereged for the first time (playing Technomancer). And i'm thinking what echo should i take? I'm thiking between FFF, Program [Signal Scrub] (we are playing as street scum in barrens, so there is a lot of noise) and Overclocking.
>>
>>47560218
No. Muscle Toner/Augmentation is already really damn good, usually bought for a specific purpose (typically combat) but with handy side benefits. I wouldn't make it even easier to pump up your body with it, when the player is still going to get 90% of the desired use out of it.
>>
>>47560239
Skinlink.

FFF cannot be taken as Echo for the first immersion, Overclocking is nice but not really primordial since you're in hot-sim anyway. And Skinlink should take care of noise as long as you can touch whatever (is slaved to) what you're trying to get into.
>>
>>47560321
Explain Skinlink. What if i need to hack something in VR?
>>
>>47560389
Doesn't matter whether you're in AR or VR. You just need to touch the target with part of your body and you have a direct connection to it.
>>
>>47560442
Do i need ot remain in touch, while hacking? Or just touch the camera at leave and then hack.
>>
>>47560315
That is a good point.

How much would you spend ESS with Adepts in wares. Bloody hard to juggle proper combination while trying to think PPs
>>
>>47560484
Usually sacrificing 1 MAG/ESS point for bioware is considered totally worth the cost, since instead of spending 1PP on improved physical attribute, you're losing 1PP but you can grab muscle aug/toner 2 both to get +2STR/AGI for only 0.8 essence.
>>
>>47560465
You need to keep touching it, but that's not really a problem. If you go VR, your body becomes unresponsive and you can only take matrix actions anyway. Just walk up to it, put your hand against it and start hacking.
>>
>>47560514
If you go into VR your body goes limp, which is far different than "unresponsive".
>>
>>47560484
>How much would you spend ESS with Adepts in wares

None. Smartglasses and trodes only for this guy, gotta keep that clean mojo flowing. Then again, I also play characters that don't have 6 MAG, so /srg/ thinks I'm insane. The basic set for 'ware adepts is Muscle Toner/Augmentation and a smartlink, losing 1 Essence. as >>47560507 points out it's usually traded out for Improved Physical Attribute, and with adept initiation being what it is it's easy to make up lost ground.
>>
>>47560507
>you're losing 1PP but you can grab muscle aug/toner 2 both to get +2STR/AGI for only 0.8 essence.

Wait I thought you couldn't have both
>>
Could a blindfolded mage cast invisibility on the blindfold so he would be able to see through it?
>>
>>47560586
I don't think mages can chose to "fall" for their own illusion spells since they know for a fact it's an illusion.
>>
>>47560564
No. They're incompatible with cyberware that replaces the muscles, like cyberlimbs and muscle replacement, but they work fine with each other because they both just augment existing flesh.
>>
>>47560551
Get a set of gecko tape accessories if your GM is being a faggot, jeez...
>>
>>47560597
I thought that only applied to mana illusions.
>>
>>47560632
>not having your troll teammate hold you up with one hand while his Predator blazes away in the other
>>
>>47560632
It's not so much "being a faggot" as it is following the rules.
Trying to use skinlink VR at a fancy party would be pretty difficult without arousing suspicion.
>>
Can normal people do cool things in this setting
>>
>>47560239
>>47560321
>>47560389
At my table my player also asked me if he could make a "touch-attack" with Skinlink. E.g. attack a drone with Unarmed Combat and upon making a connection throw a data spike at it (similar to a touch-spell). Pretty funny seeing the high-CHA Face/Technomancer slaying drones with a light touch.
>>
>>47560684
Yes, you can play a mundane, non-cybered character.
Since you don't need magic or money for cyberware, you can easily get extremely high attributes and skills, as well as pumping your luck stat as high as it will go. Drugs also help.
So basically you keep up with cybertrolls and crazy magic ninjas by being just that good, and lucky.
>>
>>47560684
Do you mean people without magic, people without ware, or people without both?
The answers are yes, yes, and only if they take lots of drugs respectively btw.
>>
So, as a mage you can't throw spells at something you can't see with your eyes/ cyber you paid essence for. Magesight goggles/ mirrors are a-ok, but anything that turns light into other medium (like cameras) doesn't work.

Can you throw a direct spell at a guy encased in sealed armour? Can you throw a spell at a guy hiding behind a non-see-through ballistic shield? If you throw a direct spell at something you see in a mirror without knowing that it's just a reflection, does it hit the intended target or not?

Also, how good/stupid idea is it to play a vigilante bathroom sniper mage with high loyalty roadworkers contact? They'd lay down a net of optical fibres so that he could oversee (and stunball) large swathes of sprawl without moving from his flat/ designated "watchtower".
>>
>>47560715
>Drugs also help
>>47560719
>and only if they take lots of drugs respectively btw.
But winners don't use drugs. The FBI said so.
>>
>>47560774
The FBI doesn't exist anymore.
You know who do?
Druggies.
Checkmate.
>>
>>47560699
An Unarmed Combat touch attack is a complex action, so he'd need to use that to grab the drone and subdue it on his turn, hold on to it until his next initiative pass and then only data spike the drone.
>>
File: Etiquette (PhysAd).jpg (23KB, 500x270px) Image search: [Google]
Etiquette (PhysAd).jpg
23KB, 500x270px
>>47560774
Damn right, son.

>>47560802
Don't listen to him, he's trying to get you hooked on novacoke. Remember, kids, the only drugs winners take are corp-approved stimulants to help them win at their jobs.
>>
>>47560835
But Novacoke is legal.
>>
>>47560802
Damn.
Besides that, how do you find the "believable" sweet spot, the part where the normal dude is neither unbelievably good nor unbelievably bad?
>>
>>47560849
You got a license for that nosecandy, son?
>>
>>47560739
I'd say yes, only if it's got holes in it for him to see through, and no respectively.
>bathroom sniper
It'd be easier to just buy a telescope and live someplace high. Bullet snipers have to worry about things like the wind and gravity, but all you have to deal with is the curvature of the earth.
Also, periodic reminder that if you've got a good enough telescope there is nothing stopping you from taking potshots at Z-O. (Although you might not need the telescope, given that it's basically the ISS without the russian bits, and you can see that with the naked eye.)
>>
>>47560857
Well, in most cases the normal dude is going to be outclassed by heavily wared dudes drugs are basically a way to play catch up.
You can also grab Lightening Reflexes, which is a quality that gives you an extra initiative die but isn't cumulative with any other initiative booster.

>>47560888
You know once I statted out a character optimized for Novacoke, he ended up with something like 3.4 briefcases filled to bursting with the stuff.
I think he had almost twenty thousand doses.
>>
>>47560857
You don't. The whole point of cyberpunk is that the normal dude has no value. A normal dude is just a cog in the machine, easily replaced.

If you try to get out of the machine, there's two possibilities. If you're strong, you might force your way out, but to get strong you need to be tougher than the rest of the machine. You need chrome plating, or some magic in your metal, or just really darn lucky.

If you're nothing special, you're going to get shattered. Playing a straight guy with nothing special going for him is a good way to die immediately and get replaced by a better character.
>>
>>47560857
You could try for an edgelord build, but you'd probably still need drugs to boost your init, cuz the Lightning Reflexes quality is shit.
>>
File: 1432700637584.jpg (257KB, 1600x1000px) Image search: [Google]
1432700637584.jpg
257KB, 1600x1000px
>>47560900
>Bullet snipers have to worry about things like the wind and gravity, but all you have to deal with is the curvature of the earth.

And the choking clouds of industrial smog that cut visibility to a few hundred meters.
>>
File: COKE.png (51KB, 1496x1036px) Image search: [Google]
COKE.png
51KB, 1496x1036px
>>47560905

Cheers
>>
>>47560925
Well, keep in mind a true mundane can grab A attributes and A skills right out of the gate in sum-to-ten, with metatype C for 7 edge on a human. Pick up a few edge related qualities or lightening reflexes, and you can hold your own pretty well against the big boys just due to your skill versatility.
>>
>>47560905
> in most cases the normal dude is going to be outclassed by heavily wared dudes
What about pulling the "let's you and him fight" routine?
>>47560925
>If you're strong, you might force your way out, but to get strong you need to be tougher than the rest of the machine. You need chrome plating, or some magic in your metal, or just really darn lucky.
So, what, get some plot armor?
>>
>>47560969
>So, what, get some plot armor?
Basically yeah.
Edge is the luck/plot armour stat in shadowrun, if your not spending your chargen resources on money for ware or magic, then you can pump it into being an extremely lucky mother fucker.
>>
>>47560810
I said
>(similar to a touch-spell)
With touch-spells, you can do the unarmed attack and the spellcasting in one complex action.
>>
>>47560955

I like the idea of a guy being so damn good at stuff, he's being followed by adepts/ bio&cybertech specialists trying to find out what his source of power is.

Obviously, every time they fail to find something or he avoids them, their esteem for his unnatural powers rises.
>>
>>47560969
>get some plot armor

No plot armour in an RPG. Get real armour, things you can depend on mechanically- magic, 'ware, or a shitload of edge (and the last one only takes you so far).

And you can't really do 'you and him fight' when your whole job is going up against enemies on their own turf to commit various crimes. The closest you can get is using magic to make someone shoot someone else, but you need more than one trick to be a career criminal. For real, practical manipulation, you can't beat high CHA and some bioware to talk your way out of some problems.
>>
>>47560992
Shoot. My inner Annie Wilkes always freaks out whenever plot armor comes u-
>>47561039
>No plot armour in an RPG.
...Never mind.
>>
>>47560941
>And the choking clouds of industrial smog that cut visibility to a few hundred meters.
True. Still works in places like Amazonia or some of the NANs tho.
Also, regarding your pic, didn't Paris ban buildings over six stories or so after the first time some asshole went and fucked up their skyline?
>>
>>47561030

> Oh this guy? Yeah, we call him Gammaware Pete
> his ware's so high-tech no scanners or assesers can locate it
>>
>>47561058
Well I mean, it's not really plot armour in that it's a stat you need to invest resources in.
Edge is a refreshing pool of luck lets you spend it temporarily to:
>Reroll rolls
>Add your edge stats to rolls and get exploding dice
>Automatically roll the max initiative dice for a single round
>Do one action before passing out

You can also permanently lower your edge stat to do stuff like
>Automatically succeed a check
>Cheat death (as in, you don't die when you ought to die such as getting riddled with bullets or blown up or getting caught in a helicopter crash)
>>
File: 1437265580169.jpg (218KB, 1200x1059px) Image search: [Google]
1437265580169.jpg
218KB, 1200x1059px
>>47561067
Over 10 stories, after the Montparnasse Tower. But it's not a hard-and-fast rule; La Defense is taller than that, though on the outskirts, and there are other buildings planned to go up soon.

Besides, Cyber-Paris doesn't care what happens to the skyline, or who collapses into the catacombs, so long as they paid up front.
>>
>>47561029
No there isn't. Either waste one action grabbing the drone or just send a regular dataspike resisted with the master's firewall.
>>
>>47561058
What the heck is Annie Wilkies? Google leads me to a movie serial killer.

>>47560969
>"let's you and him fight"
What does that even mean? Sounds like that awful trope of having 2 heroes beat each other up for spurious reasons because a crossover is happening, but I don't see how it's going to apply here.
>>
File: Old Man Yells At Cloud.jpg (52KB, 480x270px) Image search: [Google]
Old Man Yells At Cloud.jpg
52KB, 480x270px
>>47561238
>movie serial killer

Son, you best go watch Misery right now before you bring that here.

Serial killer... I'm disappointed with you.
>>
Is "Splitting the damage" the best I can do to convert P to S damage? Or is there another action in another book?

My Bone Density Fists kill too hard for the group's normal Sneaky MO
>>
>>47561162
I know that doesn't work by RAW, but I'm the GM and if I say so, it works, you little cunt.
>>
>>47561338
>On one of his trips out of his room, Sheldon finds Wilkes' old scrapbook and learns from the newspaper clippings inside that she is a serial killer whose spree dates back to her childhood in Bakersfield

Ok I haven't seen a film from 1987, please elucidate me why someone mentioning plot armour tickles your inner not-serial killer.
>>
>>47561380
Action [put on shock gloves] converts your unarmed damage to 8S(e)+net hits, if that helps.
>>
>>47561403
I'd actually forgotten that bit. I only remembered her killing the Sheriff, and failing to kill Sheldon.

Also, I'm not the one who brought her up, but I'm assuming it's a jab at how Annie kidnapped the author and insist he apply some retroactive plot armour to bring back the main character of his book.
>>
>>47561380
>Sometimes, characters need to subdue an opponent without beating them into unconsciousness. To do so, the attacker must engage in subduing combat. To subdue a character, resolve melee combat normally using the Unarmed Combat skill. If the attacker successfully hits, compare his Strength + net hits to the
defender’s Physical limit. If the attacker’s total exceeds the defender’s Physical limit, the attacker grapples and immobilizes the defender. This subduing attack causes no damage to the defender.
>To break out of the lock, the defender must take a Complex Action and succeed in an Unarmed Combat + Strength [Physical] Test with a threshold equal to the net hits scored on the attacker’s original grappling test. Otherwise the defender remains subdued and cannot take any actions requiring physical movement. Consider the subdued character to be prone for any attacks made against him. The grappling character does not need to make any tests to maintain the grapple, but he must spend a Complex Action on each of his Action Phases to hold the position. The grappler may also choose to do one of the following on each Complex Action he spends to maintain the grapple:
>• Make an additional Unarmed Combat Attack Test to get a better grip. The defender opposes as normal. The attacker gets the Superior Position bonus (+2). If the attacker scores more hits, the net hits are added to his previous grappling net hits, making it harder for the defender to break free. If the defender scores more hits, however, reduce the attacker’s net hits by the defender’s net hits to show how the attacker’s grip is slipping.
>• Inflict Stun Damage on the character with a Damage Value equal to his Strength. This requires no test, but the defender resists it as normal. Armor applies.
>• Knock the defender down, following the rules for Called Shots. The attacker gets the Superior Position bonus (+2).
>>
>>47561483
Page 195 SR5 core, by the way. Under Subduing.
>>
>>47561380
p.186 of SR5 talks about using lethal weapons for nonlethal purposes, including whacking a guy with a pommel of your sword or grip of a gun.
>>
>>47561513
Dealing with unarmoured folks:

>Sometimes all you have is a sword and you want to knock out your opponent and not kill them. In these circumstances your options are limited, as most lethal melee weapons are not designed for non-lethal attacks. When desired, the characters can use the Called Shot (p. 195) option to transfer damage types if the opponent is armored. If the opponent is unarmored, the attacking character can use the weapon in question as a club (with the Clubs skill) with an Accuracy of 3. Blades used as a club lose all Reach due to the need to hit with the pommel to be a club.

Page 186, SR5 core

Dealing with armoured folks (this is a called shot)
>Splitting the Damage: Sometimes an attacker really just wants to put the hurt on an opponent instead of outright killing them. If this is the case the attacker can choose to call a shot to split damage between the damage tracks. Shots like this represent things like intentionally shooting the trauma plate on an armor jacket or shooting for the thicker padding on armor clothing. To make a Split Damage attack, the target has to be wearing armor and the attacker’s AP needs to be less than that armor. So you cannot use this attack when shooting APDS at someone in armor clothing—in that situation, you just can’t keep the bullet from drawing blood. If the attack is successful the damage is split between the two condition monitors; if the damage was an odd number, make the Stun Damage the higher value. If the modified total Damage Value of the attack is less than the modified Armor Value of the defense, the attack ends up doing only half damage, all of it applied to Stun.

Page 196, SR5 core.

If your fists are a lethal weapon, by RAW you can consider them clubs for the purposes of knocking people out (????)

I'd suggest you ask your GM if you could just use unarmed to do S instead of P damage with your fists at your call.
>>
Is it bad form to get a bomb installed that goes off when you die?
How big of a bomb can I get installed? I want to at least take out a building, if not a block.
>>
>>47561758
Yes. It's an exceptionally faggoty move, because it means that when you die the game ends because all the other characters are dead.

Cortex bomb in core is a hand grenade, and you can set the trigger to be rigged to a biomonitor if you want. You could also just wear a bomb vest around, Muhammad.
>>
File: 1464552407312.jpg (72KB, 679x960px) Image search: [Google]
1464552407312.jpg
72KB, 679x960px
So I'm playing a Pathfinder game, and what the players don't know is that they'll eventually end up in the SR universe to go fetch a God who jumped over, then was crushed by the despair of the setting.

The one servitor he brought with him is also there, but because she isn't reliant on people for her source of energy, she's partially immune to the effects. She's trying to gather enough worshipers to pull the god out of his despaired state and into something that can get them back home, but until then, she's doing her best to uphold the tenants of her God.

One of which is going to cause her to start handing out magic like its candy.

I'd like to know how the setting handles "Suddenly, a god."

So far I can think of:
1) Coming into a poor part of town, the first mortals that will probably take notice is some sort of gang, which would take advantage of the fact that it could give all its members which would then probably attract their own attention being a bunch of magic using assholes. Probably set her up as some saintly figure or something, but since the god doesn't care about good or evil; they'll be free to firebomb or do whatever they want with the power.

2) Spirits will take notice; probably even faster than the gang, by the size of the splash that they'll make. How they'll react? I don't really know.

3) Eventually, this information would move up towards the corp level. Either through informants or a set of runners that runs against the gang when they start to become too much trouble. As far as which Corp -- Probably EVOlve; as they'd probably be most interested in making mundanes into awakened individuals, and SK; as Lowfyr/Hans seems to be looming over any important thing that goes on in the setting.

1/2
>>
File: 8pM4uJX.jpg (1MB, 3300x1906px) Image search: [Google]
8pM4uJX.jpg
1MB, 3300x1906px
>>47561930

For the adventure itself, I'm thinking 'Arrive and get oriented' -> Get information on gang -> Fight gang -> Find out corps got the god/servitor -> Let them free roam for a bit as they collect allies/resources to run against the Corp itself -> Get the god/servitor -> Head on to the next setting.

If anyone has any books for Seattle area proper (Or a better idea than letting them land in Seattle), or any advice to throw in for any step along the way, I'd appreciate it.
>>
>>47561930
The big three A.I.s and the Great Dragons are pretty close to godlike as it is.

Also, pretty much every corp, government, cartel and secret society would want to get their hands on a maguffin that makes people into magic users.
>>
>>47561995
Certainly something I figured; but I'm certain not every society is going to investigate a gang that claims they're getting magic powers; when it could be any number of other things. Like drugs. Or lies.

Also 3 A.I.s? I thought there was just the satan AI and that was it.
>>
>>47562027
Deus, Megaera and Mirage. They haven't been in the recent books since the recovery after Crash 2.0 and no one is really sure if they still exist or not.
>>
>>47562027
Depending on the edition, the three AIs may be gone. And they definitely are if EVO is present.
>>
>>47561952
Seattle Sourcebook (1e),New Seattle (3e), Seattle 2072 (4e), and the Seattle Sprawl Box (5e) contain most of the stuff about Seattle in their time periods.

Incidentally you can use the goddamn clown as a false lead just to screw with your dudes (His preferred spell list includes a spell to destroy all pants in x meters).
>>
>>47561930
>>47561952
Metaplanar visitors are not unheard of, but (given bug spirits and shedim) almost universally despised. Very unlikely that anyone thinks it's a god, very likely people think it's a great form spirit crashing on Earth and being an asshole.

Pathfinder and Shadowrun magic is fundamentally incompatible, so it depends on how you do it. If it's Awakening people, it's going to be difficult to notice at first (despite what the vidya might teach, the megas don't actually watch everything that happens on the ground like hawks, and even Lofwyr has bigger things to worry about than another wizgang showing up in the Seattle sprawl), but once people figure out that's what's happening a lot of folks are going to want to investigate and entice the 'spirit' to work with them, or at least get on this nice magic operating table- triggering Awakening in people is a big goal for many corps (the last time anyone got traction promising it was Bug spirits, which again didn't work out well) Free spirits would notice the shift in the astral, but it takes a while before any of them would get really invested in investigating, especially if it's not creating some awful pollution in the mana (is this an evil god)?

>>47561952
The Seattle Sprawl box is in the pastebin. There's versions for 4e and 5e, functionally interchangeable, though 4e has better maps. You probably want to have it touch down in Redmond, which is basically wild gangland.

Side note, the company is called EVO, the slogan is "EVOlve".
>>
>>47562110
>recommending anyone use Harlequin in any capacity

Go sit in the corner.

>>47562027
D&D magic is pretty high-power for Shadowrun, especially divine magic in 3.P.
>>
Are all Aztechnology buildings pyramids?
>>
Oh wow, that's the second time I've gotten quad 2's in like a day and a half. Duce vult!
>>
>>47562222
No some are temples and palaces
>>
File: Tenochtitlan.jpg (727KB, 3174x1062px) Image search: [Google]
Tenochtitlan.jpg
727KB, 3174x1062px
>>47562222
No, but they should be.
>>
>>47562222
No, because they are really spatially inefficient, but major regional offices are.
>>
>>47556358
Stealth. Ritual magic. Anything that doesn't let the summoner know you're even there.
>>
>>47559231
Or they're the ones who just want everything everywhere to die.

Sterilizers don't fuck around.
>>
>>47561758
Get biomonitor + explosives linked to go off if they go flat, in a smuggling compartment installed in your chest.

How much space can you get in your body?

A large smuggling compartment holds a breadbox sized item and costs 5 capacity.

Obvious arms are 15 capacity.
Obvious legs are 20 capacity.
Obvious Torsos have 10 capacity.
Obvious skulls have 4 capacity but you can put two normal sized smuggling compartments in there.

Let's skip the cyberskull because cybertorsos and cyberlimbs push you to 0.5 essence already.

You can't get large smuggling compartment outside cyberlimbs, alas.

That's 80 capacity, or 16 large smuggling compartments.
Costs is 80000 nuyen for 4 limbs and torso, and 128000 nuyen for smuggling compartments.

You can fit an SMG in a smuggling compartment, which is mostly metal and holes, and weighs 2.7 KG. Assume (a big assumption) you can put 3 KG of explosives per SMG, and that gets you 48 KG of plastic explosive inside of you, which does its rating in damage times the square root of KG used, so at rating 25, costing 2500 per kg, it costs 120000 nuyen and does 175 DV to your immediate surroundings.

Damage falloff is -2 per meters, and heavy structural material such as building supports have 12 structure and 20 armour, for a soak of max 22.

You would, assuming you are standing at one corner of a building, be able to take out the supports of a building 70 meters wide (assuming no walls are in between, which is a bad assumption).

Note: plastic explosives is 12f and I haven't included the cost of the biomonitor and clothes to cover your body up. You might exceed costs available to yourself a character start.

Hope that helps!
>>
File: 1437343423966.jpg (754KB, 1920x1200px) Image search: [Google]
1437343423966.jpg
754KB, 1920x1200px
>>47562110
4e is the way to go, right? I've heard nothing but bad things about 5e.

>>47562130
>evil god
His concern's aren't good or evil, just power. Hence why his servitor would be fine with awakening anyone who asked.

I'll keep in mind the settings views on metaplanar visitors, though. Redmond sounds like a good place for them to land in.

>>47562164
As far as how the two magics will work; the players will be converted over into Shadowrun system -- Mages will remain mages; fighty types will remain fighty types. I'll have to make some custom stuff, but that shouldn't be a problem. Some stuff will be lost, but that's the deal when breaching into a new plane -- You have to adapt to survive. The players aren't even from the plane they're coming from originally -- Rather brought all over from different times and places.

>>47562110
I don't know much about the clown asides from him being a fucking weeb (Only interactions was through the Shadowrun game).
>>
>>47561930
>tenants
*tenets, omae

Unless she's trying to hold up the guys that her deity rents apartments to, anyway.
>>
>>47562913
>4e is the way to go, right? I've heard nothing but bad things about 5e.

Are you on Dumpshock? 5e is fine, it's just more wireless stuff.

Depending on level, you might want to make all the non-mages into adepts- SR is really fucking lethal, especially for people who have no cyber and don't understand how guns or computers work. It would be a shame for your guys to arrive and immediately get blown away by an orc with a Defiance and a bad Novacoke habit.

And while metaplanar visitors are generally scorned, especially something like this god who does not have a place in any Earth religion and can't get in that way, there are some people who think some of the spirits are fine. You might want to look up The Cult of the Dragon- they're New Age hippies who worship a dead dragon president, so if the god or it's servitor can do a passable scaly impression they might get some converts that way, or at least some credibility.
>>
File: 1327690201059.jpg (77KB, 375x500px) Image search: [Google]
1327690201059.jpg
77KB, 375x500px
>>47560066
Bumping this question.

Actually, I'd like to see any Troll Magician of any flavour, if you have one kicking around.
>>
So I'm making an infiltrator, and I had the idea to use syringe rounds to knock people out with the stun from taking multiple doses of drugs instead of stick n shock or similar.

Which drug would be best? My first thought was long haul because of the irony factor, but the addiction rating on it isn't that good.
>>
Are there more called shots than what are in the core book?

Also, if I'm reading this correctly: If you stack Strive for Perfection (Assassin's Primer 17) with Sharpshooter ( Run and Gun 127) Does that mean you take no penalties on called shots?

One reduces it by 2, the other sets it at -2. So.. Net 0?
>>
>>47563108

There's gotta be actual tranquilizers in some book, right?
>>
>>47563108
Narcojet.

>>47563114
Run and Gun adds a fuckload of called shots. The Strive for Perception and Sharpshooter qualities only stack to remove the standard called shot penalty of -4 if your GM allows it. There are called shots in RG that have greater than -4 penalty.
>>
>>47563108
Narcojet is the gold standard for knocking people out with drugs.
>>
File: Coydog.png (991KB, 569x735px) Image search: [Google]
Coydog.png
991KB, 569x735px
hey /srg/ quick question. if I want to learn magic from another person as opposed to just learning it from a formulae could I learn it from a mentor spirit if I have one or do I need to seek out a flesh and blood person?

things like the street shaman section in 5e lead me to believe a magic user would be able to learn from a mentor spirit, at least within reason. afterall they are a mentor spirit
>>
Are dragons able to interact with AR via trodes?
>>
>>47563300
>>47563300
Your mentor spirit definitely can teach you a spell. However, it depends on your specific mentor spirit relationship. Your mentor may make you go through some hoops to learn a lesson in exchange for teaching you how to turn people into goo (mechanically instead of a nuyen cost theres a gameplay cost).

>>47563304
I can't think of a reason why not they couldn't, but IIRC dragon plus matrix ends badly for the dragon.
>>
File: 1439441743005.jpg (260KB, 624x800px) Image search: [Google]
1439441743005.jpg
260KB, 624x800px
>>47563375
That's only because Eliohann was tortured and the datajack was inserted forcibly, and he also happened to be in the Stock Exchange during Crash 2.0

I'm sure someone like Lofwyr or Celedyr uses AR to help manage everything and send reports off to underlings, just because that's the basis of all computer tech and trying to get around it would be crippling.
>>
>>47563446
Even if they can't use AR directly, they can probably just have an underling nearby (who is using AR) whom they cast Borrow Sense (And maybe Control Thoughts or equivalent) on.
>>
>>47563592
The idea of a Great Dragon using someone as a meat puppet in order to utilize AR is fucking hilarious to me.
>>
>>47563622
It'd be hilarious if they're extremely well paid to be it's AR puppet, but all the dragon really does in AR is play cheesy little mobile games.
>>
>>47563734
Some weird people would pay money to have that done to them.

"I got to have Lofwyr... INSIDE ME!"
>>
Do wageslaves really work 14 hours a day? Or is it 'work' but they just fuck off 90% of the time?
>>
>>47563375
yeah that's what I thought. honestly i prefer that over a straight nuyen transaction ,there's more opportunity for roleplaying and Shenanigans.
>>
>>47563942
Are you seriously implying that in Shadowrun the corps wouldn't have some sort of software or something that monitors your productivity?
>>
>>47555950
>We've got a book full of mutants and toxic critters
Is it up yet?
>>
are the skill points in chummer 5.180 more accurate/up to date?

im just wondering what caused the change/rewrite I went from having all my skills taken care of to being -15 in the hole. I just want to know what the deal is and if going to update my sheet from 1.178 to 1.180.0
>>
>>47563958
I can't imagine someone being productive 14 hours a day, no.
>>
>>47556518
Or you can go underground, and use a grenade to chunky salsa or bury the spirit. If buried, they have a chance of heading in the wrong direction. Even if they do try to follow you, you might lose them.
>>
File: 1437271239282.jpg (847KB, 1176x1000px) Image search: [Google]
1437271239282.jpg
847KB, 1176x1000px
>>47563958
The first thing that happens in any office that puts in a new way to measure productivity is that someone works out how to cheat the system. There are ways around the automated systems I've seen in place, even at places like call centers that care a fuckton about metrics and numbers.

Wageslaves work harder than anyone in our world who is not making products for Apple, but they can't be doing 14 hours solid work every day. It's just inhuman, in more ways than one.

>>47564004
Yes. Howling Shadows, in the pastebin.
>>
>>47564030

Hover over the number to get a breakdown, see where it's having issues at.
>>
>>47560658
Setting info would have you disable the RAS Override, so you can keep moving. Mood chippers frequently do this.
>>
>>47564030
Would have to see your sheet to be sure. Could be an optional rule got disabled, or your free points were changed.
>>
>>47565288
after doing some rough math and by rough math I mean setting everything back to zero, iv concluded its my free points that got changed.
>>
Why exactly is Seattle so important? The books stress that the true ultra-badass prime runners are flock there, but it seems like any other town with Renraku presence and borders with a bunch of shitty boring Native nations.

Surely Neo-Tokyo or whatever has become of NYC and London are more important?
>>
>>47564750
Ok

Where in the techno's brain is the RAS Override switch?

Oh wait, there isn't one?

Going limp is just WHAT HAPPENS and can't be overriden or eliminated?

Well, that is a problem, it's almost as if it's a deliberate design element or something.
>>
>the Romani NPC in Dragonfall isn't a thief, fortune-teller, or belly dancer

Yay!
>>
>>47565657
Because Seattle has all kinds of political holes that corporations and nations can stuff intrigue into. It's right near elf-ville, it's the only UCAS port in the Pacific, and it's got most of the AAAs in force because it's running under UCAS laws, not hippy dippy Natives law or obscene elf-centric laws.
>>
How exactly would a Technomancer function as a Drone Rigger? There are Echoes for Control Rigs, but what about running autosofts?
>>
Looking at this specifically from an in-universe narrative sense: what does a Technomancer have over a Decker?
>>
File: Seattle.jpg (1MB, 1600x1200px) Image search: [Google]
Seattle.jpg
1MB, 1600x1200px
>>47565657
Seattle was perfectly placed at the time SR was created for cyberpunk shenanigans.
>It's American, but on the West Coast with heavy Japanese influences both culturally and even with corporations in our world, so they can blend those two together (along with other international influences) and create something familiar yet different.

>New York and LA, the traditional settings for stories in America, were in decline in the late 80s/early 90s, but Seattle was a booming tech town, at the head of Internet development and with a lot of futuristic urban design like the monorail and Space Needle.

>There's a port and a wide variety of terrain in the area (everything from a nuclear plant to a volcano), so you can have a bunch of different landscapes for adventures. Not to mention the popular image of constant rain, which is nice for that noir cyberpunk feel.

>There's a substantial Native population for an urban area, and a lot of cultural influence, especially in the names.

In universe, >>47565714. There's a court there that handles a lot of corporate cases because Seattle is not quite under UCAS law, but it's own special variant that gives it more leeway and ability to set precedent.
>>
File: Who Is This 4chan.gif (1MB, 250x333px) Image search: [Google]
Who Is This 4chan.gif
1MB, 250x333px
>>47565833
Nobody knows what technomancers are or how they work, where sprites come from or why technomancers can break all the nice new rules that are supposed to keep the Matrix safe. They have the same reputation in 2077 that hackers did in 1999; it's some secret underground thing that not even the police really understand, but these guys can destroy your life without you even knowing they exist.
>>
File: Singapore Skyline.jpg (45KB, 594x312px) Image search: [Google]
Singapore Skyline.jpg
45KB, 594x312px
>>47565886
>>47565657
Adding on to that, the reason why it's the place for prime awesome runners (and the main setting for the game) is because it's a pseudo-independent state with a lot of powerful interests working within it. Lots of work being done by the straights, lots of money changing hands, it naturally breeds criminal activity.

Tokyo is more unified by the Japanacorps who don't like shitting where they eat, NYC is dominated and actually by corps who control everything there, making it unhealthy to work there for long if you ever want to shoot a guy, and future Bongistan has the same problems as regular Bongistan- no guns, no dynamicism (right or wrong, pop culture holds London as a city of the past, not the future), and different cultural mores that conflict with the classic cyberpunk America-as-made-by-Japan aesthetic. Plus, anything set in London will inevitably want to spread across Britain and Europe, and that's a lot of work to keep consistently updated and interesting. Seattle is big enough to play around in, and isolated enough that travel is an extra hassle, that you can set a campaign there and keep people there easily.
>>
>>47565683
>Oh wait, there isn't one?
I can do that too. Where does it say TMs have no control over their RAS?
>Going limp is just WHAT HAPPENS and can't be overriden or eliminated?
Prove it, chump.
>>
File: Fin.jpg (61KB, 615x350px) Image search: [Google]
Fin.jpg
61KB, 615x350px
Stat me
>>
>>47566324
A: This isn't a stat me thread
B: who the fuck are you?
>>
>>47566405

Fin from Sharknado
>>
>>47566458
bar-owner 1
surfer 1
exotic weapon: chainsaw 2
>>
>>47566213
Question: Do you think that Mages going astral shouldn't go limp either?

Because both Deckers (back in the day) and Mages going limp while projecting their minds elsewhere, whether it be the Matrix or in Astral Form, was a deliberate bit of design dating back to the beginning of the game.

Technos basically being Decker Mages just doubles the thematic necessity of their going limp and helpless while going into VR. If they don't want to be helpless and limp in meatspace, they shouldn't use VR to do something. It's a tradeoff.

Do you have an off-switch on your heartbeat, or your digestive system, or your bile ducts? No? Well, the TM's "RAS" (which they don't even actually HAVE) is the exact same sort of thing. You can't just 'turn off' a biological process like that.
>>
>>47566560
>You can't just 'turn off' a biological process
Precisely. It's not a biological process. RAS Override is extra hardware to prevent VR / simsense users moving around. They can disable it.

There is no word stating TMs are even more hobbled in this regard vs regular users than they already are.
>>
>>47560649
And I know this is a joke, but this IS the actual right answer to having a technomancer handjob something normally out of reach while in VR.

Teammates protecting/toting around one's body while Astral or in VR goes back to the start of the game, it's an intentional vulnerability and opportunity for teamwork.
>>
What are some good sources on dwarves? I'm a novice with this game, and I thought it would be interesting to make a dwarf infiltrator whose schtick is squeezing into small spaces, but I'm having a hard time finding fluff about dwarves in general.
>>
>>47567194
Dwarves are kinda just there. Kinda like Luxembourg during ww2.
>>
>>47567194
Run Faster and Runners Companion.
>>
>>47565717
He doesn't. He gets a RCC like a good mundane, and he installs Sprites into the drones to boost them further.
>>
>>47565833
They're mysterious. They do... something... and the Matrix just answers. A hacker ultimately uses a computer to force another computer to do something. A technomancer wishes it all out of thin air somehow. Unnatural. Scary.
>>
File: HADOUKEN.pdf (1B, 486x500px)
HADOUKEN.pdf
1B, 486x500px
>>47563072

I gotchu omae.

This is the version that takes Adept Spell for his one signature spell, and then a stupid strong Power Focus to (depending on how you read it) allow him to cast Adept Spells with 18 or 20 dice at Force 10.
>>
>>47568478
Are you the guy who created it? I couldn't replicate it die for die, ran out of money and what not.
>>
>PDF links work for Foxit Reader
truly the chummer devs are
BASED
A
S
E
D
>>
>>47568721

Yep. You should be running out of money, since he needed In Debt V just to afford the Power Focus. (LEEEEROY is a good placeholder for karma from negative qualities).

You also did successfully recreate him dice-for-dice. Herolab has a bug where Berserker's magician bonus gets improperly applied to adepts with adept spell, and chummer doesn't seem to be taking your Power Focus into account (the 3 extra MAG will get you to 18 combat spell dice). Maybe you haven't bound it yet?
>>
>>47568813
Could have sworn it was something I couldn't match. I definitely couldn't find the karma to bind the focus.
>>
>>47568852

Really? What were you spending his karma on?
I had 31 to spend after Qualities, spent 10 on those low skills, and 18 on binding the focus.

Is your priority different? I used the following:
A. Metatype
B. Attributes
C. Magic
D. Resources
E. Skills
>>
>>47568913
Oh. I did karmagen.
>>
File: 47281295_p0.jpg (118KB, 595x842px) Image search: [Google]
47281295_p0.jpg
118KB, 595x842px
>>47568957

Ah, that'll do it.
>>
>>47567194
There's very little fluff on them, really. Unlike the elves and orks they have no ancestral language or heritage to unify them and no need to unify into a kingdom like the Schwartzwalde trolls.
>>47568732
Hm? Why wouldn't they work?
>>
>>47568991
They do have the whole insular merchant Jew stereotype, now.
>>
>>47568991
They didn't use to. You said that Foxit Reader didn't take the same command line format as Foxit Phantom and Adobe.
>>
File: vcrSfvi.jpg (173KB, 1452x2000px) Image search: [Google]
vcrSfvi.jpg
173KB, 1452x2000px
>>47569007
Nothing we've changed, looks like the foxit guys got off their asses and changed the command lines to match how everyone else was doing it, which is nice.
>>47569006
mm, true. I've played up a TEOTWAWKI angle with them in my games a bit, so there's a bunch of dwarven families out in the mid-west that've banded together to purchase and retrofit retired missile shelters into prototypical kaers. If you can get an answer out of them about WHY they're doing it, they just sort of shrug and say it feels like they need to.
>>
>>47569007
Foxit accepts same commands as adobe reader but in different order for some reason.
Sumatra is real problem, though, devs are very stubborn. I had to make script to convert args in their format.
>>
File: acquisitions.jpg (19KB, 400x300px) Image search: [Google]
acquisitions.jpg
19KB, 400x300px
Hi guys! I'm new here, trying to branch out into Shadowrun. What do you suggest are the most important bits to read for someone who knows how to GM and is trying to pick up SR specifically?

I've read the New GM Advice linked in OP, and based on what it says about lateral thinking around objectives, my plan for a starting run boils down to "grab as many of these hassletastic large cargo items as you can off an Aztechnology train in motion". I figure this should give them plenty of space to pick an approach. Sound good?

Pic related, possible approach.
>>
File: e15f96b54739e60318bc9e500309097a.jpg (187KB, 736x1041px) Image search: [Google]
e15f96b54739e60318bc9e500309097a.jpg
187KB, 736x1041px
hi guys i wanted to create a wild west type of character will u help me , i was thinking something like a texas ranger or a gun slinger
>>
5e question

What are the generally suggested houserules for Technomancers?
>>
can I use heightened concentration to ignore a sustained spell malus
>>
>>47569958
What I've been meaning to do for a while is set it up as a dynamic string, I was being kinda lazy about it at first and hardcoded everything.
>>47571252
Nope.
>>
File: Draugr.jpg (250KB, 1152x648px) Image search: [Google]
Draugr.jpg
250KB, 1152x648px
Do flesh form spirits retain the biological functions of their host? Do they have to eat, sleep, breathe, age? Are they able to procreate?

Do flesh forms in drones gain skills equivalent to the autosofts of the drone?

Also, realistic form is an active ability, and the description of insectoid features in Run Faster states that "[...] the resemblance to insect spirit flesh forms causes the character to suffer [...]". Is it safe to assume that flesh forms still show minor signs of being a spirit (like glowing eyes or runes on the body) if they aren't actively retaining their realistic form?
>>
>>47570617
>aztech
nope chummer. The azzies and the dragon are stuff for prime runners, not beginners. They hold really long grudges and will not let them go that easily.

About your first question: We need to know the edition you are playing. Assuming 4e/5e
Core
Useful supplements (depends on your edition) which includes (4e/5e)
Runners Companion/ Run Faster (More Qualities)
Augmentation/Chrome Flesh (Cyber-/Bio-/Gene-/Nanoware)
Street Magic/Street Grimoire (Stuff for Mages and Adepts)
Arsenal/Bullets and Bandages (General supplement with gear/advanced rules)

Sixth World Almanac (4e, General overview of the Political situation, history and various countries)

maybe Runners Toolkit - Anatomy of a Shadowrun from 4e. Alternatively have a look over the Missions.

2D's Shadowrun Storytime for inspiration. Also the 101 Scenarios in the mediafire.
>>
>>47572636
5e. Thanks for the answers!

So I should find a smaller target. Is the general setup of looting complication cargo from a moving train still appropriate? (The PCs /can/ try to hit it when it's stopped at a station but the stations will be a lot more heavily guarded.)
>>
>>47572715
You can do a train robbery, just have it not belong to a AAA corp, especially the one famous for being huge assholes. Use a smaller company, maybe Lockheed or something.
>>
>>47572636
Shouldn't Run & Gun be the Arsenal equivalent?
>>
>>47572785
I don't know man. I went by the description and B&B seemed like the 5e equivalent

>>47572715
also maybe start with Food Fight. It's either in the Beginners Box or the Alphaware content box in the 5e folder
>>
>>47572837
>I went by the description and B&B seemed like the 5e equivalent

Nope. Run & Gun is the book with extra gear and advanced fighting rules.
>>
File: file.png (1MB, 1024x742px) Image search: [Google]
file.png
1MB, 1024x742px
Anyone read krautgook and know what this is?
>>
File: Lockheed_SR-71_Blackbird[1].jpg (2MB, 5100x3996px) Image search: [Google]
Lockheed_SR-71_Blackbird[1].jpg
2MB, 5100x3996px
>>47572768
>robbing a lockheed train
>using aircraft
boy you done fucked up

That's like trying to raid Ares outposts with tank battalions.
>>
>>47573391
Most likely the Sourcebook for the ADL, like Deutschland in den Schatten was for 4e
>>
>>47573391
Looks like a novel to me. Might be wrong though.
>>
>>47573391
Well, quellenband means literally sourcebook, so I'd say that >>47573452 is right.
>>
>>47573533
Don't think so. Look at the bottom left corner
>Quellenband
Which is stuff like Sixth World Almanac or Parazoology
>>
Help me /srg/,

I want to make a mystic adept of dragonslayer who specializes in melee combat, but I can't decide wether I should make him a crusading theurge or a norse who channels einherjars.

Which of the concept has more roleplay potential or the coolest shenanigans?
>>
>>47573443
Lockheed makes planes. They don't necessarily have their own airforce, especially one that's on standby and ready to fly into UCAS territory (or possibly Salish-Sidhe, or somewhere else) to go intercept a robbery.
>>
Spirit wisperer increases the difficulty for summoning and the actual force of the summoned spirit by 1, right?

Is this the case for every spirit, even great ones?
>>
Does anyone own any 'Shadowplans'?

http://www.drivethrurpg.com/product/165467/Shadowplans--Pack-1

I'm wondering if the maps come with a security overlay for WAN slaved devices, AROs, device ratings, etc.

Transparency film would be neat to use as an overlay over a map like this.
>>
>>47574755
Device icons, yes, but not ratings or AROs. They're mostly system-independent.
>>
>>47573658
Make him a BTL junkie who believes he got screwed with a bad chip that's causing him to have delusions of Dragonslayer.

Play it straight to surprise your teammates when you actually turn out to be magic.
>>
>>47573872
Can you actually summon great ones in a traditional manner?
>>
>>47574958
Well in the end, they're in our world, so they have been summoned, right?

On a related matter, the ritual to conjure an ally uses the same process and rules as regular summoning. Would that mean an ally is also affected by spirit whisperer?
>>
>>47574934
Reminds me of an orc adept I rolled. He grew up in the barrens, surrounded by old comics and videos of conan, which led to him adopting Conan as his mentor.
>>
>>47573391
It's a 180 pages sourcebook on the Allied Gernan States. There's also some talk about a campaign and a gear book. It's supposed to release in Octobre at the Essen Games Fair.
>>
>>47568991
Oh hey I have the same earpro. Good stuff.
>>
>>47571126
Take them out of the game.
>>
File: gottago.png (676KB, 492x668px) Image search: [Google]
gottago.png
676KB, 492x668px
>>47576905

Oh, don't be that way.

>>47571126

Here's what I do with any player that wants to play a techno.
- Tell them that they won't outdeck a decker but they don't really have to.
- Remind them to make good use of sprites and complex forms.
- Reduce Fading cost of any complex form by 2.

The players are having fun, although I have to admit that nobody is overly bent on optimization.
>>
>>47576973
>Oh, don't be that way.

It's sadly enough not that bad of a suggestion.

Reducing the Fading of all forms by 2-3 and giving them Skinlink for free helps. But they're still a hassle to build to do anything efficierntly beyond summoning a stable of Sprites and have them do shit.
>>
>>47577026
I give my technos at the table free skinlink and the ability to create PANs. I'm not touching fading yet.
>>
>>47576398
I want to hear more about that fella
>>
File: k radar.jpg (285KB, 1152x1441px) Image search: [Google]
k radar.jpg
285KB, 1152x1441px
>>47557779
Here's some detail as to why you're going to have difficulty fitting radar into people. Small radar would probably have similar issues over longterm use.
>>
>>47577234
>>47576398
What were his thoughts on Neil the Ork Barbarian?
>>
>>47577394
I was specifically thinking about vehicle mounted shit desu. Didn't realize you could kill stuff with it though.
>>
>>47577449
Oh yes, we had a guy working on a cell tower that wound up with third degree burns all over him because he climbed up one without realizing running equipment emits waves. You would've thought he'd have abandoned the idea when his skin started to blister and boil, but that fucker just had to plug a cable back in without turning it off.
>>
>>47577407
Just a poser, nothing can ever compare with conan the destroyer, The Conqueror, THE BARBARIAN!

HE SLAUGHTERS THE PRINCESS AND SAVES THE DRAGON, HE EJACULATES FIRE UPON THE CORPSES OF HIS ENEMIES, HE LIVES, HE BURNS WITH LIFE, HE SLAYS AND LOVES AND IS CONTENT!
>>
Does Shadowrun actually exist or am I just hallucinating it? I keep looking for reference resources or art on image searches and come back with nothing.
>>
>>47577871

Shit, guys, he's onto us.
>>
In 3rd edition is it possible to move faster than light?
I was wondering this for an odd time travel story line.
>>
>>47577927
Time travel through magic at least is impossible, don't know if you can pull something similar to the FTL car thing in 3e
>>
>>47577986
FTL car? Never heard of it.
>>
>>47578011
some anons figured out that the speed categories for vehicles are fucked and theoretically you can reach ~20000c
>>
>>47578068
Which edition is that? I think the best I could do is a fraction of 1 c in 5e.
>>
File: 1396451264153.gif (13KB, 200x250px) Image search: [Google]
1396451264153.gif
13KB, 200x250px
>>47577904
>pdf
>one page
Literally why.
>>
>>47578105
Seems I remembered it wrong, cause you also need a spirit to reach that
https://desustorage.org/tg/thread/45770780/#q45780798
Basically you use the highest speed rating you can and then let a Force 12 Spirit use Movement on you
This means a speed of 12225c
>>
>>47577234
I only played him for one session, sadly. He was very direkt, a typical combat adept most of the time. Lived in the barrens, had a big stache full of comics and an ancient tower pc with the game and the movies on it.

I'm playing with the thought of bringing him back as an mystic adept, with spells that fit well into the powermetal + party hard theme of conan, like opium den and intoxication.
maybe let him summon/channel guardian spirits, but that'd mean either Aztec, Norse or Voodoo tradition. I like norse the most of them, but I don't know if logic fits well into the barbarian scheme...

Fuck it. No drain, no gain
>>
>>47578436
You could always just make a custom tradition...
>>
>>47578601
Is that allowed, by RAW? Any ways to expand your tradition for more types to summon?

While I'm asking about summons, is there a way to summon more than one unbound spirit?
>>
>>47578692
>Is that allowed
Ask your GM. All it is is deciding a Drain attribute, selecting which spirits apply to which categories, deciding on a Materialization or Possession tack, and writing out the lore.

It isn't hard.
>>
File: Rigger 5.0.jpg (102KB, 630x441px) Image search: [Google]
Rigger 5.0.jpg
102KB, 630x441px
>>47578601
>sanic tradition
>drain code: agi+int
>>
>>47578730
> Spirit categories
I can't be the only one who thinks this is dumb.
Fire could heal and harm
Man spirits are probably capable of anything.
The fuck do I have to categorize these bitches for?
>>
>>47578764
Funny, but you know as well as I do that they both have to be Mental attributes, and one has to be Willpower.

>>47578774
To determine which spirits can help you with which spells. If you mean "how does this apply to balance", ask a developer.

Preferably not a CGL developer.
>>
>>47578774
You can summon every spirit of your tradition and let it fight/spy/cook for you. The Categories are just for aiding with spells
>>
>>47578774
If it was in 3e, it's too iconic to be wrong. Sorry, chummer.
>>
>>47578840
Seriously?

I've fucked up.
>>
>>47571726
I'd like to know this too.

Planning an ally spirit is hard work.
>>
File: 1399572757270.png (31KB, 201x160px) Image search: [Google]
1399572757270.png
31KB, 201x160px
>Trying to create a Xenosapient AI still crashes chummer instantly

Not like my GM would allow it anyway. Or I have any idea how it fucking works.
>>
File: 1412987910961.png (73KB, 838x768px) Image search: [Google]
1412987910961.png
73KB, 838x768px
Speaking of spirit talk, how do I get my 5 star reviews on spirit version of YELP?

Assume 'not summon them' isn't on the list.
>>
>>47578992
Them being completely impossible to comprehend is like the whole point.
>>
>>47579004
Treat them like equals at the very least. Ask them if they want to be bound and/or something in return. Go out on a PR campaign and help repair some damage to the environment, or turn some toxic mages into lunch meat.
>>
>>47579004
They love two things: drams of reagents and karma. Drams are nice, but prepare to bring a lot.
Now karma, a spirit will do just about anything for a hit of that sweet sweet karma. They don't have any on the metaplanes, so if they can get it off you, them be more than happy to exchange something.
>>
File: miyako-yoshika.png (464KB, 689x1020px) Image search: [Google]
miyako-yoshika.png
464KB, 689x1020px
>>47579004
Make offerings. Bitches love offerings.

And try to avoid spellbinding.
>>
>>47579033

I just want an AI that uses both a Flying Eye body for social/normal situations and a NeoNet Juggernaut body for combat situations.

Is that so much to ask
>>
File: 1327690201061.jpg (639KB, 600x893px) Image search: [Google]
1327690201061.jpg
639KB, 600x893px
>>47579004
Treat it like they're doing you a favour.

Don't just whistle one up in combat and send it to go punch a guy next turn. Get somewhere appropriate for your tradition (doesn't have to be a lodge, but a decent setting like a temple, in your house next to a shrine, etc.). Lay out some gifts for them- rum and tobacco, chocolate, wine, bread and salt, feathers and beads, whatever is thematic, sprinkled with a dram of reagent. Ask them to work with you, don't compel them into service.

During the spirit's period on Earth, don't ask it to do anything it wouldn't want to do. Hard to be less vague, but for example don't ask a fire spirit to hound someone through a rainstorm, or a Buddhist spirit to put the screws to someone. They don't like spellbinding, so do your own damn magic. When they've finished the job you had in mind, release them even if you still have more services with a thank you.

You can also bribe them with karma, but depending on your GM that might get you into unintentional spirit pacts or just bring the wrong crowd around.
>>
>>47579182
You can install the eye drone into an eye socket in the anthrodrone's cyberarm.

And xenosapient is like the worst choice for anything social ever, not even to mention normal.
>>
>>47579004
Who gives a fuck about unintelligent creatures created for servitude? Hermatics 4eva!
>>
>>47579217
>Wrong spirit crowd
Shadow spirits are superior spirits, omae.
>>
>>47579182
You don't want to use xenosapient, then. They're not even playable as PCs, players only get e-ghosts and metasapients. Xenosapient and protosapient are GM-only.
>>
>>47579249
>unintelligent
depends. Spirits generally show sapience, and above force 7 the spirit is usually smarter than any unaugmented (meta-)human
>>
>>47579327
In the old fluff, elementals were just dumb forces that didn't have independent intelligence because hermetics didn't believe in spirits (i.e. independent extraplanar beings).

But that's too interesting for Shadowrun, so now all the spirits are the same with different coats of paint.
>>
>>47579382
Isn't it both?
Hermetic see them as formulas, shamans see them as beings?
Hence the distinction?
>>
>>47579327
They can't even speak.
>>
>>47579406
It is both. Both nature spirits and elementals have always been referred to simply as "spirits", and neither was any more intelligent than the other.
>>
File: Magepunk.jpg (108KB, 737x547px) Image search: [Google]
Magepunk.jpg
108KB, 737x547px
>>47579406
Theoretically that divide is still there, but it's more of a sacred cow than anything substantial these days.

You go up to a hermetic from 1e or 2e and you ask him about his mentor spirit, he'll laugh in your face. Of course he doesn't listen to fluctuations of the manasphere being anthropomorphized by his subconscious, that's ridiculous. Similarly, if you ask a 1e shaman about how to call up a spirit of fire to take with you on a run, he'd be insulted. You don't break the spirits into elemental types like they're Pokemon, and you certainly don't pull them out of their domains. You go to where you need to be, then you ask the local spirit if it could please do you a favour and help you with a problem.

Nowadays all the spirits work in the same way fpr everypne, and the only difference between traditions is drain code and which spirit class you use as batteries for which spell.
>>
>>47579232
>>47579283

Fair enough. I'm reading about basic AI and the mechanics about it now. Also it just seems like NeoNet Juggernaut would probably be a bad idea to run around with a runner team, but man they sound awesome.

Saeder-Krupp Direktionssekretar it is then
>>
File: Ares Duelist Standing.png (1MB, 612x765px) Image search: [Google]
Ares Duelist Standing.png
1MB, 612x765px
>>47579554
I'd recommend Duelist for your combat walker drone unless the GM does some heavy modification to the drone damage and repair rules.

You can buy a pack of Duelists, jump out of a stepvan, and you have a good chance of some of them making to the enemy. With German Office Sexbot, all it takes is one goon with a shotgun and your body is now a very expensive pile of unsalvageable scrap, and you're either dead or hiding out in someone's commlink for the rest of the run, and for months afterwards as you scrape up the cash for a new one.
>>
>>47579554
If money is an issue, you can try the robomaid from Stolen Souls. Her stats are very similar to I-Doll at less than half the price, but there isn't a single word on whether she actually has legs in her description.

But S-K robogirl seems the optimal drone for an AI. She is also the fastest thing on land if you play your cards right.
>>
File: Jack_&_the_Ultra-Robots.png (149KB, 630x190px) Image search: [Google]
Jack_&_the_Ultra-Robots.png
149KB, 630x190px
>>47579704

Hmm.. Any rules for Anthro drones wearing armor?

Although there is something appealing about having a squad of duelist bots.
>>
>>47571726
Well, a flesh form spirit's appearance is "virtually indistinguishable from that of the original vessel", so I'd assume that one shows only which spiritual characteristics it desires to show at any given moment. If you want to see if that guy over there is just a guy or if he's a ravenous Mantid spirit, look on the astral. Flesh forms get Aura Masking as a free power, though, so you better be really, really good at Assensing. As for pooping and junk, I don't know. It doesn't say, so go with whatever you feel's good. As for drones, I'd say no. Those autosofts are just programs running on the drone, not part of the drone itself. I don't even know if a drone can become a spirit vessel, but I won't say one way or the other on that unless I see a solid ruling.

>>47578865
>Ally Spirit with Inhabitation as a power
What kind of dark magic have you gotten in to, anon?
>>
>>47579759
Anthro drones can wear metahuman-sized armour and use metahuman-sized equipment. I don't have the numbers on me, but you can buy a bunch of them, outfit them with armoured jackets and concealed Light Fire 70s in pop-out compartments (because they don't have hands) and it still comes out less than Herr Secretary.
>>
>>47579759
Drones don't get armor from augs, so my guess is that other sources don't help, either. Maybe a higher-grade armor could completely override the drone's innate armor rating, but there is no hard rule on that anywhere as far as I know.

Also, some armor is explicitly said to guard vitals, which drones don't have, so I'm going to guess PPP kits, snake mesh socks and armguards wouldn't apply either way.
>>
>>47579832
>vitals, which drones don't have
Core processor? Power plant? Drones would definitely have "vitals". Doesn't necessarily mean they'd be in the same place a human brain or heart or guts are.
>>
File: RAPE HORSE.png (334KB, 739x603px) Image search: [Google]
RAPE HORSE.png
334KB, 739x603px
>>47579776
>What kind of dark magic have you gotten in to, anon?

Running-a-cult-where-the-most-accomplished-member-has-the-honor-to-become-something-more magic.

Alternatively: Rape Horse. That breathes fire. And casts euphoria. And runs across the sky. I think that's pretty metal
>>
>>47579960
>wanting to be inhabited by the Thoroughbred of Sin
You do realize that an Inhabited vessel is destroyed utterly, right. It's not Possession. It's much, much worse than Possession.
>>
>>47579983
You'd be surprised what someone ho owes everything to somebody is willing to give up to him.

Besides, in the case of a flesh form it's only the mind that gets destroyed. So if I design the formular to give the spirit a similar, if not identic, personality as the chosen one it'll be basically just an upgrade. Sort of like making an backup of your hard drive and installing a new system software.
>>
>>47580096
Minus the backup part.
>>
>>47580096
The GM who allows this needs to be slapped.
>>
File: 1429695217361.jpg (775KB, 1280x960px) Image search: [Google]
1429695217361.jpg
775KB, 1280x960px
>>47579004
I'd like to see this website now.

>0/5. Summoned me for an entire day just to ask what clothing looked better on her; then proceeded to ignore my opinion.
>5/5; Got summoned to buRN EVERYTHING
>4/5; Summoned to finish off a bowl of ice cream. I assume it was tasty, but I have no tongue or stomach. It's the thought that counts.
>>
>>47580133
Well the spirit retains all memories of the vessel, and there are people who argue that a person is just the sum of his/her experiences.
>>
So in the writeup of magical traditions, it says stuff like Combat: Fire or Health: Man. What does that mean?
>>
>>47580248
>>47578840
I just found this out today
>>
>>47580263
I can't imagine why. The book explains it. Read the book.

I hear 5e has terrible editing, but it can't possibly be THAT bad. Can it?
>>
>>47580324
Yes it can.
>>
How clueless am I allowed to have a shadowrunner be?

I am intending on making an adept who is in an ex-boxer/prize fighter, and he is basically going to be in a training montage 24/7 when not on a run.
Which he will refer to as a "match".
>>
>>47580347

You'd need someone to be Don King and basically tell you to go do things. And they'd be your fixer or whatever
>>
>>47580461
That's about right.
Also acceptable is an old wrinkled dwarf playing mickey.
>>
>>47580553
>>47580461
>>47580347
What are the chances you could get the other players to ring a bell for you when combat is starting?
>>
>>47578992
What's the error code?
>>
File: Insect Spirits.png (2MB, 1500x1500px) Image search: [Google]
Insect Spirits.png
2MB, 1500x1500px
>>47579776
>>47571726
I'd say that flesh forms are indeed able to turn off their realistic form.

If we look at pic related I'd say that the top row consists of merged forms, with the big one on the left being closer to a true form and the monstergirl being closer to a flesh form.

Mothra would be a true form moth mother spirit, and the creepy guy on the right could either be a changeling with insectoid features or a flesh form insect with disabled realistic form.
>>
File: 1438730829314.jpg (85KB, 760x739px) Image search: [Google]
1438730829314.jpg
85KB, 760x739px
>>47580601
You obviously do that with AR. You get an agent who manages crowd noise and offers trainer tips like, "Watch the elf, he's going below the belt!" and "Step up the pace, Nancy, there's three more guys looking for bout!"
>>
>>47580621

It doesn't give me a code or anything. Just going to Karmagen -> Metasapient -> A.I. -> Xenosapient and then hitting okay immediately pops up "Failed to create crash report. Make sure your system is connected to the internet". Program is still functional after that, so crash was the wrong word to use? Sorry.
>>
>>47580713
Wait, agents can DO that shit?
I figured I'd need to get a technomancer to make me a sprite if I wanted that kind of dedicated ringmanship
>>
>>47580731
You shure as hell can get a commlink and a personality for your favourite smartgun that'll say things like "I spotted some bad guys, Onii-chan" or "I want to splatter his brains over the wall just about NOW!", so letting an agent look out for you doesn't sound so difficult
>>
>>47580802
I wonder how long a runner can go with his agent basically telling him what to do before a hacker/AI starts using it.
>>
>>47580683
>on the right
Did you mean "creepy guy on the bottom left? Because that's obviously a Hybrid Form.
>>
>>47580683
Question.
Can I take said flesh form insect spirit monstergirl and turn it into a bunraku?
>>
File: AR.jpg (143KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
AR.jpg
143KB, 1280x720px
>>47580731
>>47580802
By RAW the agent can't actually help you mechanically, but you can just say that's what your AR is fluffed as; instead of a visual indicator that you scored a hit, there's a cheer from the 'crowd'.
>>
>>47580820
Whoopsie, yeah I meant left.

I'd say that's what falls under 'insectoid features' in Run Faster, as it doesn't look like it would affect the physical attributes of the vessel in any way
>>
>>47580909
The entire point of Flesh Form is to be able to pass yourself off as human, so Insect Spirits can infiltrate humanity.
>>
>>47580967
As an added note, Mantis-chan in >>47580683 is a Hybrid, too.
>>
>>47580967
Which is when they activate their Realistic Form. But I can imagine that they'd run around like SURGE victims when they're back in the hive
>>
>>47580985
I was never indicating otherwise. I was just saying that she is what I imagine a hybrid form with 1 net hit from the victim looks like.
>>
>>47581008
>SURGE victims
u wanna go m7?
>>
>>47581008
Looking at the Realistic Form power on p.102 of Street Magic, you're entirely correct. They'd probably prefer a true Insect form, in my opinion, but their "normal" spirit form could definitely look like a Surgie. The power doesn't mean their spirit form is malleable, just that they can materialize with a form indistinguishable from a normal human if they choose.
>>
can I get away with a point in assensing and make it an extended test
>>
>>47581217
Ask your GM. If I were your GM, however, I'd make a note of your attempt to game the system and institute the house rule that lowers your dice pool by one for every interval spent on the Extended Test.

The skiddie with Software 1 isn't going to be able to write a Rating 6 Attack prog no matter how long he takes, and so it goes.
>>
File: md_valkyrie_v5_face04.jpg (188KB, 800x697px) Image search: [Google]
md_valkyrie_v5_face04.jpg
188KB, 800x697px
>>47581082
Thank you for agreeing with me.

Now I just have to found a viking cult and get a sexy depressed ganger chic to be the vessel of my valkyrie

I know it's utterly amoral, but if she was gonna kill herself anyways she could at least die knowing that she was the source of a new power of good in this world[/spoilers]
>>
>>47581318
Isn't that how extended tests already work?
>>
>>47581338
You goddamn well better name her Lenneth. Nibelung Valesti, brother.
>>
>>47581424
In 4e it's a house rule. I can't be sure about other editions. Never read a word in a 5e book, and the only older edition books I've read were Rigger 2 and whichever one was the Guns n' Shit book from that edition.
>>
>>47580714
Nah it's still a crash, there's just the crash handler getting in the way of it. I'll take a lookie loo and see what's up.
>>
I am trying to understand something about "Pilot Origins". So when a rigger jumps into a vehicle, they use their Pilot X Skill for tests, and Gunnery skills for weapons. Which.. AIs don't have access to?

Then how would an AI "Pilot" a walker they are jumped into, assuming in their pilot origins, they used "Walker"?
>>
>>47581512
Why wouldn't AIs have access to those skills?
>>
>>47581591

They're based off REA. And the AI section says to refer to the Foundation Attributes table, which lists.. Data processing?

So then if I were to pilot something, I would have to Emulate my data processing stat every time? Or use whatever devices is acting as home device?

I'm still reading about them now, but that's what has hung me up so far.
>>
>>47581512
RAW, Pilot Origins does not mention walkers.
>>
>>47581427
Never played that game, so I am free of any emotional obligations for her name.

But I gave the whole thing a second thought and now I'm undecided:

If I make her inhabitate a vessel I can save karma for skills (and get her a strong body with the ability to mask herself as a mundane).

But if I want her to have wings I pretty much have to give her a normal materialized form. Then I'd have to spend an additional 20 karma on skills like blades, first aid or flight. I'd have to spend about 100 karma to make her the way I want her to be.

Why do the cool things always come with such a great cost?
>>
>>47581511

Also, on the Nightly build (5.180.17) I created a setting with all the links to the manuals. Now whenever I enter Options I get the "Failed to create crash report", and the global tab now is blank, as in no options at all marked and the "language" and "default character sheet" have no options.
>>
>>47581657
>"A spirit with Realistic Form" can choose to appear using Realistic form or their normal materialized form.
Again from Street Magic. Again, 5e may vary; I don't know.
>>
>>47581654

... To be fair, I originally chalked that up as an accidental omission. But I guess it might be intentional. Fug.
>>
>>47581715
Added note: This requires the spirit in question to possess both Materialization and Inhabitation.
>>
>>47581715
Thanks chum.

I'll think all of this through while I'm collecting the needed karma.
>>
>>47581651
Drone's matrix attributes are supposed to be equal to its pilot rating. Not sure if it still applies if it's piloting a robogirl with an augmented cyberarm.
>>
File: Mount Size.png (89KB, 392x193px) Image search: [Google]
Mount Size.png
89KB, 392x193px
Small bugs when playing with modding a drone:

-Standard Weapon Mount (Drone) doesn't seem to have the right selection of weapons, it's taking the light list instead of standard. Is this intended? I don't see anything in the R5 section

-Selecting "Metahuman adjustment" in the modification list for the drone immediately crashes the program. (You don't even have to add it, just hovering over it crashes it)

Even with these hiccups, this system is fucking awesome. Thanks yekka
>>
>>47581512
You're supposed to use logic when rigging, and you did in 4e, but 5e seemed to have forgotten to mention it.
>>
>>47582244
Sometimes things change between editions.
Thread posts: 376
Thread images: 59

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.