[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Does your character (still) have a mother? How important is she

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 0

Does your character (still) have a mother? How important is she to your character and the overall story, or does she only exist for tragic death bait for untalented DMs?
>>
>>47500232
Yeah, she's in another country, he visits her once a month and he lives for the rest of the time under a false identity. She's his primary weak point, so he keeps her distanced from him as much as possible.
>>
One character I played had a horribly abusive mother who hung herself after locking him in the basement, it cemented the character's mommy issues as he was unable to move on from the loss. Thinking he did something wrong and caused it.

So, you know. Pretty important.
>>
>>47500232
My current one does not, no.
He never even knew his mother as she was some random whore whom his father said he was quite fond of but whom he never personally met.
I've actually made this a plot point; he's masculine and relatively successful with women, but due to a severe lack of exposure to them outside of sex in his
17th century-style setting he's not really very good at understanding them, especially since he's been a sailor surrounded by men his whole life.

He treats women okay at least.
>>
Champion: Parents are fine, but he's not on speaking terms with them right now because they don't like that he went off to the city instead of staying on the ranch all his life.

Dawn: Definitely an orphan. Grew up in a secret society of secret police made up entirely of orphans kidnapped from the streets and made to kill one another (only the last one standing got to live).

Illusionist: Grew up in an orphanage, was rather shocked to learn that her parents are still alive, is now hunting them down to ask what the hell.

Rogue Trader: Mother is alive and well, and periodically sends assassins after her daughter because she ran off to be a Rogue Trader instead of sticking with the ridiculously-religious-even-by-Imperial-standards family.
>>
Void mistress/Rogue Trader in the making: parents killed years ago in a warp breech cause by meddling Dark Eldar, is backstory when I just started RPing

Occult scholar wannabe turned the real deal after being god touched pokemon trainer: Mom (and Father and brother) are all still alive and well. She is currently distanced from them though due to world view differences and disagreement and the 'family business' (they are criminal). Also she was shunned for not having supernatural powers, but now that she has more than any of them, it might lead to some interesting RP/background mission in the future to reconcile her with her family.

Half Valkyrie: 'original family' was dead before being adopted by Odin/Freya after a interdimmensional travel incident. Freya is still alive and just fine although dealing with a dimensional war incidentally caused by her adopted daughter. Sadly this campaign is kill so I don't get to have the kickass background mission where the group gets to travel to the Vahalla dimension.
>>
>>47500232

Played a character where her mother was still around.

she died when a curse made her vomit up razor blades
>>
>>47500232
She's a tiger mom who disapproved of me marrying a daimyo's daughter to expose a conspiracy, and then disapproved of me being a war hero. And now she's trying to make me hook my little bro up with someone.

She's important, but her priorities are rarely my own. I'll miss her less than my father who was an inspiration to the family with many connections and who cared about infrastructure like I do.
>>
>>47500232
No, my mother and the rest of my clan was wiped out by the big bad before the start of the campaign.

Now I fight because I have a promise to keep...
And someone to kill.
>>
She almost certainly still lives, although her only real contribution to the story would be disapproving of him going into warfare instead of joining the family business of crime.

The irony is the family's pretty warlike themselves, it's just they do piracy and protection rackets. It's unknown how she'd react to what he's become over the course of the campaign.

Both he and his mother are Hutts
>>
>>47500232
I wonder what was wrong with the OP image. Mother too sexy for christian board?

As for your question, yes, she is alive. So is father. They are good people getting by through their modest life with hard honest work. Which is exact opposite of what my character wants and a chief reason he ditched them in late teens and never looked back.
>>
pretty much his entire motivation revolves around getting his mother, uncle, and so on offplanet and back to their homeworld.
>>
She owns one of those curious houses made of glass. Grows vegetables in there.
It's hot in there any time of the year.
Even when snow has to be brushed off the roof to let the sunlight in.
I used to help her out in there when I was young. It was expensive to make, and when glass panels break they cost a lot to make new ones but we grew vegetables all year around in there.
She's gotten weaker in her old age. She can't work as long and is more and more reliant on her nephews but half my stipend goes straight to her so she doesn't have to worry so much about keeping finances straight.
She has been an important part of my life since I was a child however, since I became a knight under my late father's family name, contact with her has been limited.
She doesn't know of the current situation past what all the people know, that a war is on.

Once I'm back in the capital, I plan to take a few days off to visit her.
>>
>>47502637
It was a page from a manga, possibly hentai, but still completely SFW.
>>
>>47500232
She recently found and connected with her mother.
>grew up with only step mother
>upset, but eventually got over it, hard to be upset about things forever
>move on
>find out mother's side of the family still exists, and is nobility in some far-off land she's nearby, never heard of
>rip that scab off, get bitter and angry again
>war starts, eventually wind up saving her life (because bitter as all hell, but goddamn she's not going to let *someone else* kill her suddenly-living mother)
>intends to prove herself as a champion and hero of such stature and fame that her mother's family comes crawling back to *her* begging her to accept them

>finds out mother is terrified that her daughter hates her (kind of accurate)
>mother's servants and PC's NPC minions conspire to lock them in the hold of the ship so they can't keep avoiding each other and have to finally talk
>heartwrenching little back-and-forth scene, tears, eventual reconciliation
>mother terrified of the rather dangerous course her daughter is set on
>admits she can either try and turn daughter aside, and sow the rift between them deeper, or buckle down and help her daughter and hope her help keeps her girl alive through the danger
>mother-daughter team participating in house war

pretty significant, desu senpai
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 0

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.