[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

MTG Eternal Masters General

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 297
Thread images: 41

File: NaturalOrder.png (190KB, 265x370px) Image search: [Google]
NaturalOrder.png
190KB, 265x370px
Full spoiler is out
>http://mythicspoiler.com/ema/index.html

What formats do you play?
What singles do you plan to purchase?
If you're playing in unsanctioned events exclusively, why don't you print them out?
>>
>>47489411

i play edh

i plan on purchasing a natural order if the price goes low enough

ill also purchase a cabal therapy, its not ideal in edh but its just a great card thats good to have and should be cheaper now that its being reprinted

other than that ill just do one draft with my playgroup if they want to, or buy a few packs for myself if they dont and see what i get, not really concerned with getting the big money cards, that would be just a bonus
>>
>>47489411

So far the prices for EMA cards, except for maybe half a dozen that were reprinted at uncommon, are exactly the same they were 6 months ago when the set was announced, at most a 10% devaluation. I won't be buying them unless they drop 25%+.
>>
>>47489506
I just want cheaper cabal therapies so I can rebuild my casual jank mono-B reanimator, also need them for Dredge memes.
>>
I'm going to do it guys, how much of a cuck am I?

>store is selling EMA boxes for 200 dollars for the first 10 preorders
>tradebinder is total dogshit now that I traded almost everything for the playset of Rishadan Ports (before the spoilers started) and other D&T staples
>plan to start rebuilding tradebinder value by buying a box of EMA
>>
>>47489712
The lowest possible value you can get out of a box is $28, (mythics are Balance and Worldgorger, rares being junk); so purchase at your own risk.

If you want to improve your trade binder, draft.
>>
>the they print siege gang commander
>no other good goblins like lackey
>>
>>47490504

Holy fuck I type like a retard. Anyway, why did they even bother with siege gang commander while all the other goblins are trash? Like they could have reprinted lackey, ringleader, matron, or even goddamn sharphshooter. But no, no good goblins in sight (sans fanatic/marshal but they didn't even need a reprint).
>>
With this as a baseline, how hard do you expect me to get gouged per-pack?
>>
>>47489712
You should buy a box(es), keep it sealed and resell it in the future if the price goes up.
>>
File: tickinggnomes.jpg (50KB, 265x370px) Image search: [Google]
tickinggnomes.jpg
50KB, 265x370px
Heh, they clearly intended this to be bottle gnomes originally.

Don't know why I find that so funny.
>>
>>47491069
HAHA HOLY SHIT
>>
>>47491069
Wait, what the fuck??
>>
File: 1454452085610.gif (981KB, 200x200px) Image search: [Google]
1454452085610.gif
981KB, 200x200px
>>47491069
>>
time for some tinfoils

>tempacctleak leaks EM on reddit
>says he is sure about SFM and Rishadan Ports
>vendorleak happens at the same time
>WotC says they'll look into it
>complete silence for weaks
>no further leaks
>no communication whatsoever
>spoilers are done in a quick fashion
>set looks... weird - lots of weird inclusions and rarity upshifts

so, what is their production timeline
when the leak happened, at what point were they?
was it time enough to make some "adjustments"? like removing some cards and go on from there?

just a weird feeling because a lot of the limited archetypes look very unfinished and unrefined to me and far from being "eternal"
almost as if they made some last minute changes
>>
I knew magic was horrible. Just look at all this power creep.
>>
I'm planning to buy Entomb because it's illustrated by Seb McKinnon who's my favourite artist
>>
File: Winter-Orb.jpg (43KB, 350x486px) Image search: [Google]
Winter-Orb.jpg
43KB, 350x486px
I don't plan on getting into legacy or buying any EMA but I want this in foil and not just once.
>>
File: 20203.jpg (419KB, 1000x1377px) Image search: [Google]
20203.jpg
419KB, 1000x1377px
>only set where modern cardframe LoA would fit
>make blue tribe Flying Bullshit instead
>>
>>47489562
You gotta wait for the cards to hit market. It's all speculation now.
>>
>>47489411
>Formats
Modern and draft
>Singles
For trading, I want the pyro/hydroblast, cabals, and any other real money card.
For personal use I'd really like getting a pair or WoGs for a control deck I'm brewing.
Foils I'm after are rancor (for my boggles), the shrine cycle (just 1 of each), and a roots (it is kinky)
>print
I don't play IRL games where any of them matter (yet)

>>47491069
>full box
>already opened
Do not buy. This reeks of a box pilfered for all its money cards by using box mapping. The fact the box is already opened and the set is so old makes it a very spooky buy.

>>47491268
This set is over all much more powerful then others so it explains why the card is so above average of a 3 mana robot.
>>
>>47489411
Pauper and Legacy here. Might see if I can get some forces.

>>47489562
Didn't wasteland absolutely tank?
>>
I really hope I pull a foil deep analyses. I want to make a Nico-themed commander deck.

>>47492176
I doubt it would stay low as it is a rare.
>>
>drafting Vintage cube on XMage
>T3 Brimaz
>T4 Armaggedon
The guy conceded. I followed up with a Dromoka into Armageddon for game 2.
>>
>>47491861
It's also entirely possible that WotC was aware of leakers and deliberately fed disinfo to see where it would end up. The equivalent of putting food dye into water to see where the leaks happen.

Same thing happened with that one guy OblivionedOne on MTGS. Pretty spot on with everything else, but he got screwed with this.

Also in any case the draft format for this set looks awful
>>
>>47489411
>What formats do you play?
Commander mostly, with a bit of draft and Standard and cubing on the side.

>What singles do you plan to purchase?
Need a Mana Crypt, Entomb, and Sylvan Library for 3 of my commander decks. Might need to get a Duplicant for another.

I'll draft the set a couple times at the least. I'm in the beginning stages of designing a legacy cube and there's some good cards at all rarities that I can put to use even if they're not worth much.
>>
>>47492307
>Also in any case the draft format for this set looks awful
It's alright. Cube is better though.
>>
>>47489411
Will argothian Enchantress tank completly? I was hoping it to be reprited, but not at mythic
>>
>>47489411
Is eternal masters going to have a prerelease or is it going to be what ever your local store does? I want a lot of these cards but I hate just buying packs. I want at least a draft.
>>
File: balance.jpg (41KB, 265x370px) Image search: [Google]
balance.jpg
41KB, 265x370px
>>47489411
All I want is that sick ass Balance. Its the one card I have always loved but have never seen in person. It completely represents how I want to play the game and its got sick ass art to go with it.

My perfect deck would let others DO not stop their thing. Green gonna ramp? Let them. Then just balance it out and remove their advantages from them. I dont do my thing harder and better, I just deny them their thing once they thing they have done it.

Counters are for fags.
>>
Im getting into Legacy. I've bought Karakas, Wasteland, some other non-EMA reprints for now. Once EMA hits the market, i will get some other cards.

My idea is to build a non-Guide Burn and GWx Maverick for now.
>>
>>47494198
I would love a balance.dec but is banned in all formats except vintage. Nobody plays vintage on my country.
>>
>>47494281
I know. I know the reasoning behind WHY they stripped white of that ability but it still upsets me. Its a game. Some one will lose and feel bad so who cares if my method of winning feels more dickish than normal by basically telling them their deck building skills dont matter?

Balance effects are always my favorite effects in any game.
>>
>>47494341
White still has that ability in Cataclysm and Tragic Arrogance.
>>
>>47494138
You should just buy a box and have a free draft for 7 of your playbuddies.
>>
>>47494418
The equivalent of balance is restore balance, but is obvously weaker
>>
>>47494503
Normally I would do that but I just moved from Florida to New Hampshire so I have no group at all right now.
>>
>>47491069
Wait wait wait

Is that $25 for a single pack?
>>
>>47494706
No, it's $24.99.
>>
>>47494528
Where in NH buddy?
>>
I agree with people who say that some of the new artwork is worse, however I think that all of the new artwork will look way more sick in foil than the old artworks could.

Feel free to disagree, just thought I'd share my opinion on something
>>
Dumping this kike shit, not even Pauper is safe.

What should I play instead?
>>
>>47494528
>>47494528
If you're up by Merrimack there's a good shop there
>>
>>47495807
"Keene" I think the name is.

>>47496515
Seems to be about an hour from me.
>>
>>47496584
Well Keene has Comic Boom

Keene is also not that far from Brattleboro which I'm sure has game shops
>>
>Designed with limited in mind
>Tiny print run so you can only draft once
>>
>>47492176
>Didn't wasteland absolutely tank?
If by "tank" you mean, "It went back to the price it was a year and a half ago before it spiked to the price it was before it dropped with the announcement of Eternal Masters," then yes, it "tanked".

Nothing that people want tanks in this game anymore. It just goes to the absurd price it was at before as opposed to staying at the super-absurd price it was.
>>
>>47496962
I got my 2 wastelands for $20 a pop three weeks ago
>>
>>47489411
I play legacy, pauper and edh.
I want playsets of Ichorid, Chain Lightning, Price of Progress, Cabal Therapy and Wasteland to replace the foil/old border cards from my decks.
I also want a lot of other stuff like the tutors, orb, library and a bunch of commons for casual decks.
>>
>>47497023
I got wastelands at 50c eons ago, literally hundreds of them because I really liked the flavor text. Sold all but 8 when I came back to magic because of Commander precons catching my attention and built a whole EDH toolbox plus Stoneblade and later Miracles,
First time being an oldfag pays.
>>
>>47495958
What are you on about?
>>
>>47489411
>formats
Edh, thinking about getting into Legacy

>Cards
Need a Mana Crypt but propably won't get one cause I can't see the price drop.
I'll get me a second top though, Vampiric Tutor (depending on the price if it doesn't go down it'll be demonic tutor) and sone other stuff, can't remember all the spoilers from the top of my heaf but there are a few more cards I'd like. A lot of cards I hoped for aren't in the set though and I won't buy any packs or boxes.
>>
>>47494519
>>47494341

Just cascade into it. Sure, it requires a dedicated deck but it does exist.
>>
>>47489411
Werebear retext is a fucking failure of design. Way to piss people off.

Rorix and Necropotence aren't looking any better now but they could be worse I guess.

Prodigal Sorcerer new art is ugly.

Lightning Bolt at rare is retarded.
Worldgorger at Mythic is dumb, Rare was already too much.

Those are good redesigns in the set:
+ Pyro/Hydroblast
+ Winter Orb
+ Memory Lapse
+ Sinkhole
+ Firebolt
+ Gamble
+ old art on Fact or Fiction is appreciated
>>
>>47501766
What do people like about the new blasts? I think they look terrible.
>>
>>47501766
>Lightning Bolt at rare is retarded.
Lightning Bolt isn't even in the set, m8
>>
>>47501766
>he fell for the rare lightning bolt meme
>>
What's the appeal in playing a format that allows super-powered cards that literally won't be reprinted? As long as the reserved list exists, I don't see the point of getting into legacy. Do you hate money that much?

>>47501766
Wasteland as ruins of City of Brass looks good, I think.
>>
File: 1458087356792.jpg (261KB, 2400x2197px) Image search: [Google]
1458087356792.jpg
261KB, 2400x2197px
After the whole set was spoilered and everyone lost faith in Wizards again I was like shit this isn't even remotely close to worth being opened or drafted. But when I went back and looked at all the commons and uncommons I was pretty surprised that there is a lot of decent stuff reprinted.

I know the set will be opened a lot so I should be able to get the uncommons and commons at a good price. Stuff like invigorate, cabal, daze, harmonize, swords etc etc. Alot of the time If people are just cracking packs and they pull shit like Jace they would get Hella excited and I'd be like hey man you want the rest of your pack and they'd be like man you can just have all that shit. That's what I did with khans when they were pulling sarkhan and I was like hey man you want that swiftspear. And with MM2 except that was shit in all the rarities. Never buying packs though
>>
>>47489411

Another rare bumped up to mythic for no good goddamn reason. Thanks Wizards.
>>
>>47501766
>Werebear retext is a fucking failure of design. Way to piss people off.

Only the stupidest of little children liked the original text.
>>
File: sneaky maro.png (606KB, 500x762px) Image search: [Google]
sneaky maro.png
606KB, 500x762px
>>47502728
Don't worry my friend, this is a good set and will be sold ASAP!
Just ignore the evil proxy using naysayers!
>>
>>47502728

This set costs 14 EUR for a single pack. The price of nothing you'd actually want is going to go down.
>>
>>47502761
Thx sneaky toilet water man
>>
>>47491069
Remind me what was so good/valuable in Ravnica to justify this pricetag.
>>
>>47491960

The fact that they re-errata'd WOrb to be able to turn off is basically the single most positive thing that came out of this sorry failure of a set.

In the old days the primary reason WOrb was a good card was because you could turn it off with Relic Barrier or whatnot. WotC changed the rules under it, but unlike Howling Mine, they didn't implement the function into the card itself. It's about fucking time they did that.
>>
>>47502787

Only cards in Ravnica that have a price tag above $25 are Bob, Doubling Season and Glimpse, so if you open anything else than those three you got robbed. I guess you could pray for a foil fetch or something.
>>
>>47489506
cabal therapy is banned in edh
>>
>>47502757
but no one liked the card for anything else but it's flavor text

they just completely missed the point why people remembered/liked this particular card

same with Orcish Oriflame
according to some anon it was only popular in cube because of an existing misprint

just shows wotc being incompetent dimwits once again

wotc is a freakshow of incompetent social rejects who have long lost any contact to their playerbase or the game itself
they need to get their information from second hand sources and this is what happens
>>
>>47503400
inb4 someone points out it is "its flavour text"
>>
File: 104.jpg (68KB, 312x445px) Image search: [Google]
104.jpg
68KB, 312x445px
At least they didn't ruin the best flavor in magic.
>>
>>47503363
Braids you mean?
>>
>>47502761
>describes how he basically is stealing dank commons and uncommons
>must be a jew
>>
>>47502925
>fetches in Ravnica
did you mean shocks anon?
>>
Why are they making all these uncommon elves rare?
>>
>>47505243
can't have limited archetypes that make sense, anon, then people might draft them!
>>
>>47505243

To protect scal- I mean, collectors.
>>
>>47502057
We like different things than you
>>
>>47505376
Yes, Limited must be preserved. Next time they will stop printing any cards, because they could be drafted as archtype.
>>
Why couldn't they have printed literally any of the decent lands?
>>
My LGS is selling boxes for 240, damn I'm glad to live in a great place.
>>
>>47505553
>EV 10~
>>
>>47505574
Yeah I've seen it for over 350, at least I'm not getting ripped off by wizards and my lgs, just wizards
>>
>>47494213
>non-guide burn
Y tho
>>
File: rewind.jpg (30KB, 223x310px) Image search: [Google]
rewind.jpg
30KB, 223x310px
peregrine drake has me wanting to brew a time control deck for pauper. what can i use in addition to high tide to stop the the other guy from playing?
>>
>>47505772
>High tide
>Pauper legal
>>
>>47505819
Why wouldn't it be? It was common in Fallen Empires.
>>
>>47505826
MTGO printings only, my man
>>
>>47494418
I have never had a Tragic Arrogance be less than a blowout play in EDH. One of the best white spells in the format.
>>
>>47496885
>designed with limited in mind
>the limited is bad
>>
>>47501766
>Prodigal Sorcerer new art is ugly.

it's functional, way better than the old one.

>Werebear retext is a fucking failure of design. Way to piss people off.

Honestly the old flavour text was cringey, but without the old shit flavour text why even print it again? Why is this card even in there?
>>
>>47501766
>Prodigal Sorcerer new art is ugly
Fuck off dude, it's better than the old shit art it had. By far.
>>
>>47503400
Werebear was one of the best creatures in the game for a long time ya nitwit. A 2 mana 4/4 was good before goyf got printed.
>>
>Final spoiler comes out
>Everything not in the set goes up 20-30% in price
Thanks WOTC for helping out the format
>>
>Canadian Threshold will be in Pauper
>Grixis Delver is in Pauper
>Dredge is in Pauper
>Affinity is in Pauper

What the fug
>>
>>47506453
>helping out the format
but they never inteded too. as they said multiple they don't care about the secondary market, they just wanted to make some money on eternal formats
>>
>>47506552
>Dredge is viable in pauper
>Dredge is not viable in memedern
>YFW memedern isn't a real format
>>
>>47506576
>they said multiple they don't care about the secondary market
That's clearly not true though.
>>
>>47506576
If that were the case, they'd dump the reserved list and start selling cards themselves.
>>
>>47503400
There are tons of goblin tokens in this set. RW tokens is one of the draft archetypes. Orcish Oriflame just makes sense to include as a limited common. Or is there another limited common that would be beter?
>>
>>47506576
>but they never inteded too. as they said multiple they don't care about the secondary market,

>We don't care about the secondary market
>The set is conventiently designed with rarity shifts to the point where EV is slightly below MSRP

Makes you think...
>>
>>47491069
>Fusion gaming

....who is this?
>>
>>47506962
EV will always be related to MSRP in a new set. That's just how cards get their prices.
>>
>>47505640
yeah, like why play legacy if you don't hate money with passion?
>>
What are the valuable commons and uncommon in the set
>>
What I don't get is, why doesn't Wizards just completely reprint a set? They could do it in the new card frame so you've still got the originals being different enough for "collectors" to care about their prices.

Would be a lot better than the craziness that is X Masters sets with $10 MINIMUM packs that realistically go for $300+ online that nobody actually has access to after a month at most, causing the prices to go back to where they were in the first place.
>>
>>47506999
Largest card shop in my area.
>>
>>47506576

>notreallygoodatcommingupwithname asked: Why was Tarmogoyf, Bob and Vendilion Clique raised to mythic rarity in the first Modern Masters? Were you just scared of experiencing a Chronicles 2.0? In the past you have said that complexity and balancing for limited formats define the rarity of a card. Are there going to be any changes to the rarity of cards that are going to be in Modern Masters 2015?

>I said those two were the major factors. They are not the only ones. The tricky balancing act of Modern Masters products is getting the cards into the hands of players who don’t own them without destroying the value of the cards for players who do own them.
>>
>>47501128
They downshifted a couple really stupid cards to common, like that dragon that lets you untap five lands when it comes into play.
>>
>>47507263
I meant literally, I live in Winnipeg to.
>>
File: Screenshot_2016-05-29-14-38-50.png (1MB, 1080x1920px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2016-05-29-14-38-50.png
1MB, 1080x1920px
>someone will open this pack
>>
>>47507263
You don't have to reveal yourself, probably Rich in disguise. Seriously though fusions got the best buy list probably in the country.
>>
>>47507383
>lots of people will open packs worth 10% of MSRP
>>
>>47506576
>as they said multiple they don't care about the secondary market,
If this were true they would've made a Power 9 gift box set YEARS ago for like, $20.
>>
>>47491069
>>47507263
>Box mapping this hard to rip off your players.
>Biggest store in the area.

Ummm fucking HOW?!?!?! Moreover why do you people let this fucking scum get away with it?
>>
>>47507383
>>47507419
Yea. There's gonna be more duds than hits. Letting you guys take this bullet for me, I'm just going to buy singles.
>>
>>47507419
that's true for every set
>>
>>47507263
>$22 Zendikar packs

To think I was participated in a $30 Urza's Saga draft a couple of years ago.

All these returning players with their college degrees and decent salaries have really fucked up the economy of this game.
>>
>>47507460
Hard to tell if fusion box maps.
I know one store in the same city did. Now they are secluded to God knows where and got in shit from wotc for lying about tournament numbers.

But I don't think fusion would have the time to box map, at least I'd hope it's not true.
>>
>>47507484
The same store sells urzas saga tournament packs for 95$
>>
>>47507524
Sells or offers? Only a complete moron would pay that price; just purchase singles and get what you actually want.
>>
>>47507553
Sells. Like it would cost me over $100 after tax to purchase one.

I think they sold them though not sure. I can't fathom dropping 110 and pulling bulk.
>>
>>47506453
you were supposed to buy everything not reprinted before or a moment after it hits
>>
>>47507105
>building two legacy decks
>being too cheap for guides
These two things don't fit.
>>
>>47507383
I would drop from the draft.
>>
So, how have non-reprint prices been affected so far?
>>
>>47506722
if you ask me they should have either printed Skirk Prospector or Sparksmith

but those cards are actually seeing play so lets rather print a 4cmc piece of shit that is just a waste of ink and cardboard
>>
>>47509095
*one of them is seeing play

the other one is fun at least
>>
>>47508704
Enjoy being banned from the store.
>>
How do we destroy this game?
>>
>>47509152
I would try to avoid that, maybe see if I can buy a replacement pack. Also, where I live, stores tend to treat customers better than that.
>>
>>47509181
Step 1: Become WotC employee.
Step 2: Change nothing.
>>
>>47506583
memedern is truly the worst fucking format in the game. Standard is close, but at least this iteration is tolerable
>>
>>47500481

I'm the same except I play modern and I'm trying to get into Legacy. Might do a budget 12 posty thing.

The set seems pretty solid. Don't really miss coresets myself. Skipped the modern masters sets...how does this set compare?
>>
>>47509222

Nah that would be Standard.
>>
File: 1322244389559.png (74KB, 232x233px) Image search: [Google]
1322244389559.png
74KB, 232x233px
>>47503587
>>
>>47509385
Better than MM2, but that's not saying much.
>>
>>47509432
I don't know man, it's hard to call Standard the worst when it can change quite a bit from rotation to rotation.

And the core gameplay of "creatures & shit" can be occasionally fun, if simple.

I mostly play Vintage though
>>
>>47506214
And the new Werebear art isn't good like the original.
>>
>>47506650
They do not care about the player-side of secondary market, indeed. They do care about big business into the secondary market, like SCG.
>>
File: Poochie.jpg (19KB, 522x381px) Image search: [Google]
Poochie.jpg
19KB, 522x381px
>>47509432
standard is ok right now. modern is concentrated anti-fun.
Modern decks i've played for an appreciable amount of time:
>America
>Cruise Delver
>Splinter Twin
>Jund
>Grixis
>Affinity
>Czech Twin
>Dank-Dwellers Midrange
>Mono-White D&T
>Jeskai Nahiri

none of the matchups present really compelling gameplay. the format as a whole is just aggressively bad. it's the Poochie of formats.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YAMHpiVDEXY
>>
>>47503363
Whut
>>
>>47509385
MM1 was the best thing Wizards has done in a while.
>>
>>47509827
Trying play Battle of wits in modern. It is 100% fun
>>
>>47509968
>play a shit dek it's fun x-D
>>
>>47505553
Same, our LGS had 7/12 of his scalper presales cancelled, my team bullied the manager a little for relying in assholes rather than his regulars and he sold us 3 at 200 each for drafting at the store and pretending it's good.
>>
>>47506552
>>Canadian Threshold will be in Pauper
>Wait there's no Go...
>Grave Scrabbler is actually better in this format thanks to artifact lands.

Memedern truly is the red headed step child.
>>
>>47507235
I'd kill for an Odyssey Remastered set.
>>
>>47509152
>well guess I'll just have to go spend my money at [competitor's store]
Good job store owner you fucking shit head.
>>
>>47509827
Modern is the greatest argument against format sculpting
>>
>>47511035
If anything, the Tempest Remastered set was a completely and utter failure.

Not suprising, though, considering the hackjob they've done with it, solely relying on the Wasteland lottery.
>>
I never understood why store owners and players get so upset when they drop from draft if they pull the nuts. Like if you got Double Jace and wanted to drop from the draft is it really worth being banned from a store?

Drafting is only 2 or 3 hours of fun and after that it doesn't matter. But the cards you could potentially pass would be of much more value because they are part of strong established decks that you could you for quite a long time. And then what happens after drafting MM2 or EMA is over and what are you left with? A set with no particular value or a set being worth opening.

I can see why people would be upset if you left cause it could mess up the pool and the # or players but i would be very understanding especially since EMA doesn't even get prize support at our shop because its small and we dont get much booster boxes and nobody would actually want to pay that much for prize support anyways to get shit on.

Thoughts? How would you react if you pulled the nuts?
>>
>>47512813
I would politely ask to pay for a replacement pack, and drop if they said no.
>>
http://www.magicdrafting.com/eternal-masters-sealed

be prepared for disapointment
>>
Was thinking of going halves on a box with my GF.

Worth it or no?
>>
File: Screenshot_2016-05-29-21-30-07.png (879KB, 720x1152px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2016-05-29-21-30-07.png
879KB, 720x1152px
>>47513752

HOLY FUCK I DIDN'T EVEN PAY FOR THIS SHIT AND I'M MAD. THIS COULD HAVE BEEN REAL
>>
>>47512813
>>47513518
Same. I would even pay another $10 for a pack. I think most people would be okay with that
>>
I've been drafting on XMage, and I have to say, get some lands and go three color. Also, know the themes. It's really not fun trying to play fewer than three colors, unless you build white weenie.
>>
>>47513773

It is a crap shoot. Go to the sealed pool generator and simulate opening a few boxes. See how you would feel.
>>
File: Screenshot_2016-05-30-03-55-59.png (1MB, 1080x1920px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2016-05-30-03-55-59.png
1MB, 1080x1920px
>>47513752
Ayy lmao
>>
File: IMG_20160530_040115.jpg (392KB, 939x629px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160530_040115.jpg
392KB, 939x629px
This could legitimately be your pack.
>>
>>47513752
my first pack had a jace
>>
File: Untitled.jpg (579KB, 1589x961px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.jpg
579KB, 1589x961px
Ugh!
>>
>>47514477

i like crater hellion and monk idealist
>>
File: Splendid.png (96KB, 180x294px) Image search: [Google]
Splendid.png
96KB, 180x294px
>Vampyric Tutor and Isochron Scepter
>>
>>47513752

holy shit my pack was bonkers good and i didnt even get any chase cards

dont mind if i do add a foil baleful strix, sinkhole, deep analysis, fact or fiction, pacificism, and daze to my collection
>>
>>47489411
>If you're playing in unsanctioned events exclusively, why don't you print them out?

My printer is shit. Really want to build an awesome 100% proxy cube. Wish the local print shops would print copyrighted stuff. The two around my house are super strict.
>>
File: Screenshot_2016-05-29-22-34-02.png (823KB, 720x1152px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2016-05-29-22-34-02.png
823KB, 720x1152px
>>47513752
Aaaayyyyyy who needs colors when you have black
>>
>>47502757
You must be a hoot at parties.
>>
>>47514560
I'll sell them to you for $10
>>
File: Untitled.jpg (152KB, 979x427px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.jpg
152KB, 979x427px
6 packs.
I'll take it
>>
File: ema.jpg (237KB, 1820x230px) Image search: [Google]
ema.jpg
237KB, 1820x230px
Wow. Thanks for reminding me what a shitshow playing this lottery could be. I wouldn't actually scoff at a Sinkhole except that shit's guaranteed to tank and...ok, foil Counterspell is acceptable I suppose.
>>
>>47507379
To what? What do you live in Winnipeg for?
>>
>>47513752
>four copies of Orcish Oriflamme
You know, I would run those just for the sheer hilarity of it.
>>
>>47512813
Because you ruin the draft pool for everyone else.
It's the apex of selfishness.
>Good news players, you're getting 45 less cards to chose from because dis nigga is a fag.
>>
>>47514629
>http://www.magicdrafting.com/eternal-masters-sealed
Travel a little. Any laserprint and the proxy files you get from magiccards.info nets you awesome resources.
I playtested at the LGS with bond paper Lilianas over swamps while getting my set and people at tourneys asked me "Why don't you play your Jund deck?", nobody fucking noticed.
>>
>>47516995
Any story worth their shit will let you buy a pack and replace the current one.

>you're getting 45 less cards to chose from because dis nigga is a fag
Nigger you see the same amount of cards as you would with 7 or 8 people at the table.
>>
>>47513752

>Balance
>Dack Fayden
>DRS

Well, I'm not buying this shit. I blew my luck load on this garbage already
>>
>>47517158
>Foil Dack
>Karakas
I guess Im doing a sealed event
>>
>>47505520
Because people will buy it anyway. They get to save these money cards for later sets, where people will eat it up. Basically we are stuck in a loop where set quality is on the decrease because singles are worth too much and justify purchasing poor products.
>>
Rolled 3 (1d20)

>>47517158
>do it again
>Foil Necro
>Toxic Deluge
>foil Shardless
>Chrome Mox

Man, it's rolling nat 20s and dubs
>>
>>47512813
cause it's a faggy move, in Innis trad I pulled double snap caster and happily kept my foil and passed, same for double fetches in that other set with fetches. 12 bucks to open packs and play. it's not your fucking packs it's a draft.
if you are this mother fucking special faerie that just needs to get all of the value instead of having a fun social interaction while playing to win in a contest with potential upside of wining, fuck you. buy packs and do be pussy ass bitch.
it's probably one of the most immature things you can do, just fucking drop and leave if you must, hey guys I would have passed this awesome pack but instead I'm going to keep it and pay for another one is not fucking acceptable.

mhu luck, is not really a great way to look at it sience it's the tables luck.because you paid as everyone to be in the fucking draft. Draft! fuck you and your kind.
>>
File: Sealed.png (1MB, 1814x887px) Image search: [Google]
Sealed.png
1MB, 1814x887px
>>47513752
I also considered running the 3 Avarax+Mana crypt i pulled, but this looked more stable. I'm awful at sealed, so i'm sure the deck sucks

Rares/Mythics were Sylvan Library, Isochron Scepter, Xantid Swarm, Call the Skybreaker x2, Glare of Subdual (Foil), and Mana Crypt.

Foils were Glare of Subdual, Brainstorm, Orcish Oriflamme, Nimble Mongoose, Blood Artist, Monk Idealist, Twisted Abomination.
>>
>>47517582
>Taking 60$ at the time worth of value from a 12$ draft with at most a 20$ payout and dropping makes you a special snowflake

Literally kill yourself, if you do not drop for that then your a fucking retard
>>
>>47517659
http://www.magicdrafting.com/savedpools/25790
Forgot to link the pool.
>>
File: dek.jpg (236KB, 1207x639px) Image search: [Google]
dek.jpg
236KB, 1207x639px
>>47513752
1 Eight-and-a-Half-Tails
1 Karmic Guide
1 Faith’s Fetters
1 Intangible Virtue
1 Wall of Omens
1 Ballynock Cohort
1 Benevolent Bodyguard
2 Elite Vanguard
1 Humble
1 Kor Hookmaster
1 Monk Idealist
1 Raise the Alarm
1 Rally the Peasants
2 Daze
1 Honden of Seeing Winds
1 Quiet Speculation
1 Wonder
1 Dream Twist
3 Gaseous Form
1 Giant Tortoise
1 Glacial Wall
1 Man-o’-War
2 Oona’s Grace
2 Peregrine Drake
1 Silent Departure
1 Tidal Wave
1 Sinkhole
1 Toxic Deluge
1 Havoc Demon
1 Blightsoil Druid
1 Deadbridge Shaman
2 Duress
2 Innocent Blood
1 Skulking Ghost
1 Twisted Abomination
1 Wake of Vultures
1 Wakedancer
1 Worldgorger Dragon
1 Beetleback Chief
1 Pyroblast
1 Desperate Ravings
1 Firebolt
1 Keldon Marauders
1 Kird Ape
1 Reckless Charge
1 Seismic Stomp
2 Undying Rage
1 Argothian Enchantress
2 Flinthoof Boar
1 Harmonize
1 Honden of Life’s Web
1 Rancor
1 Roar of the Wurm
1 Civic Wayfinder
1 Emperor Crocodile
1 Lys Alana Huntmaster
1 Seal of Strength
1 Sylvan Might
1 Thornweald Archer
1 Yavimaya Enchantress
2 Vindicate
1 Torrent of Souls
1 Zealous Persecution
2 Mindless Automaton
1 Pilgrim’s Eye
1 Wasteland
2 Bloodfell Caves
1 Blossoming Sands
1 Dismal Backwater
1 Jungle Hollow
1 Swiftwater Cliffs
1 Wind-Scarred Crag

I'm happy with this. Too bad no cabals.

>>47514408
God please no.
>>
File: dream.jpg (35KB, 458x212px) Image search: [Google]
dream.jpg
35KB, 458x212px
I can only hope I get to do this someday.
>>
>>47517582
Wizards says they are my packs.
>>
File: Jace Dubs.png (771KB, 653x591px) Image search: [Google]
Jace Dubs.png
771KB, 653x591px
>>47513752
Ayy lmao
>>
>>47513752
Playing 6-booster rochester draft with my roomate and we're coming out averaging $40 each on the back of dollar commons/uncommons and first time foils.
Worst pool has been $24 for me, best pool has been $285 also for me.

Hope this is anywhere close to real life cause we got three boxes to open.
>>
>>47509152
>getting banned from store for dropping a draft
How retarded are you?
>>
>>47507284
>The tricky balancing act of Modern Masters products is getting the cards into the hands of players who don’t own them without destroying the value of the cards for players who do own them.

This is the most retarded thing I have ever heard. The value of a product and the demand for it are proportional. You cannot lower demand without lowering value, if you could then the price becomes an arbitrary number attached for ego's sake, with actual demand meaning nothing.

Oh wait...
>>
>>47494281
that feeling when you have to traverse mountains and risk runins with.the cartels to get a good commander match. I feel you bro.
>>
>>47502901

How exactly does one trigger Winter Orb + Relic Barrier to ensure that you untap all of your lands? I want to run the combo, but I need to know the steps so I can explain them to my playgroup for when they inevitably piss and moan?
>>
>>47521377
Seriously?

Tap winter orb before your turn starts. Keep it untapped when moving to their turn. If that picture is legit that they're letting it shut off when tapped again
>>
>>47521493
I think he war referring to the old card that didn't have the "when untapped" clause.
>>
>>47520377
diamonds, and Arabian nights mountains
>>
>>47521493

But if it's tapped when my turn starts, wouldn't it untap again during my untap step?
>>
File: mvault - revised.jpg (62KB, 312x445px) Image search: [Google]
mvault - revised.jpg
62KB, 312x445px
>>47521377
>How exactly does one trigger Winter Orb + Relic Barrier to ensure that you untap all of your lands?

You tap it at the end of your opponent's turn. That's it. At the start of your untap step you untap all your lands (because the Orb is still tapped at that point) and Winter Orb itself.

>>47521589
It worked the exact same way in 1993. Only difference is that in the original rules, ALL noncreature artifacts would "turn off" like that. It was a built-in property of the artifact type.

Except Mana Vault for some reason, because Mana Vault didn't give a fuck about rules.
>>
>>47522691
>But if it's tapped when my turn starts, wouldn't it untap again during my untap step?

It does, but it's too late by then. Your lands are already untapped by the time it becomes active again.
>>
>>47520377

You can retain a portion of the value by giving the new printing a different artwork, or that white border that everybody seems to hate for some reason (I like it), things like that. That way the original version retains _collectible_ value, like the Arabian Nights Mountain.

HOWEVER

Let's not fucking kid ourselves. Over 90% of the value in a Magic card comes from the ability to put it in your decks. Which means that if you increase availability of any given card, over 90% of the value in it will shrink in proportion. This is inevitable, and it's laughably absurd how MaRo and his fellow kikes talk nonsense about "increasing availability of cards without lowering their secondhand market value". Only real way to increase the availability of a Magic card IS to lower its secondhand market value. If that value didn't drop, you didn't actually increase its availability at all.
>>
>>47491960
No polar bear on it, no buy.
>>
>>47506313
No, fuck off.
>>
>>47522994

Wizards doesn't want to use the original artwork for any of these old cards because the contracts they wrote for those original artists entitle them to a provision whenever that art is reused.
>>
File: cereal guy 2.png (30KB, 523x472px) Image search: [Google]
cereal guy 2.png
30KB, 523x472px
>>47522970
What if they increase supply while also increasing demand at the same time? At least at this rate, you don't have to browse ebay for weeks to trade with some obscure Belgian collector.
>>
>>47507507
They don't map the most recent Standars sets. I never wouls have opened a Westvale Abbey and Thought-Knot Seer (when it was 20 CAD) if they did. And that's the free pack from online orders.
>>
>>47523181
>What if they increase supply while also increasing demand at the same time?

That's the same as if they did nothing at all.
>>
>>47489411
Playan Legacy Elves, just picked up Infect.
Figured I won't get Forces or Wastelands cheaper than they are now, also got some Berserks before they go up.
>Unsanctioned events
Locally there's two weekly tournaments that pay out a $100 staple to 4-0 and usually at least 3 1Ks or better per month. It's a pretty good Legacy scene around here.
>>
>>47523032
Take off your nostalgia goggles. Old prodigal sorcerer art was terrible in every single way. You look at it you only see some badly painted dude. You can't even tell it's a mage of any sort. Just some dude with a fuckhuge nose and faggy beard.

Wizards has made many atrocities in their art direction, but that card is not one of them.
>>
>>47506962
>emojis
>>
File: Iwin.png (309KB, 1036x230px) Image search: [Google]
Iwin.png
309KB, 1036x230px
>>47513752
I wouldn't be disappointed
>>
>>47523116
They could have put a 3DCG polar bear on it and I would have been happy.
>>
>>47523688
I liked that badly drawn dude, I hate this new guy.
>>
>>47522854
>>47522843

Awesome, thanks. Just clarifying since "no-fun" combos are interrogated by my meta to find holes. Gotta know how it works exactly before I can employ it.
>>
>>47523830
Well, you have shit taste, son.
>>
>>47524852
If not liking video game box art is wrong, I dont want to be right.
>>
>>47524893
It's not even close to videogame box art. You just want to be a contrarian nostalgiafag for the sake of it.
>>
>>47509152
people do that all the time, and is understandable, what are you talking about?
>>
>>47524923
>People who disagree with me are wrong
Sure
>>
File: 29.jpg (64KB, 312x445px) Image search: [Google]
29.jpg
64KB, 312x445px
>there are people in this thread that seriously think this art would have been acceptable

Maybe 7th Edition art sure, but the OG art only looks "okay" in the original border.
>>
File: 1289786310761.jpg (64KB, 800x800px) Image search: [Google]
1289786310761.jpg
64KB, 800x800px
So I managed to buy 2 boxes for MSRP (215 euro) a piece, but I'm really skeptical if opening them will gain back that value. Should I just re-sell them for a quick profit?
>>
>>47526884
It's really scummy, but it's honestly your only option to guarantee you'll get your money back. Go for it, Anon.
>>
>>47489411
Faggot mods at MTGSalvation are closing threads and deleting comments that talk about No-RL Legacy.

The jew is afraid we might actually be able to play the game without "collectors" muh precious investment.
>>
>>47526884
Why did you buy a product you didn't want?
I got 3 boxes at MSRP, opening them is more likely to lose me money, but I bought them to draft with friends and I value that more than "investing" in cardboard.
>>
>>47529579
Stay mad, kid.
>>
>>47523535
>Locally there's two weekly tournaments that pay out a $100 staple to 4-0 and usually at least 3 1Ks or better per month. It's a pretty good Legacy scene around here.
how much of your meta is eldrazi stompy? my local meta is something like 60-75% eldrazi.
as a death & taxes guy, i'm juuuust about done with legacy until i can figure out a better plan than 'slam island sanctuary, beat face with a serra avenger and pray he doesn't get a dust off'

they always have the all is dust
>>
>>47529666
Pre-ordered them when the first spoilers came, hoping it would be similiar to MM1 in value/buildup. Even the 'lackluster' rares in that set are decent, compared to some utter stinkers they put into EMA.

On average you'll open 2/3 mythics, the rest will be rares. Of those 22/21 rares, atleast 12 are bound to be these bulk rares.

TL;DR
EMA looks to be better then MM1 in it's printrun, but worse than it's content.
>>
>>47524062
Mana Crypt used to be used in mill decks, using the 2 mana to activate Millstone in your upkeep and never having to flip a coin. Janky as fuck, but fun nonetheless
>>
>>47529579
with all those hot buzzwords I'm sure they kicked your ass to the cybercurb.

Who the fuck uses MTGSalvation? Literally populated by retards
>>
>>47529850
Super Delver/Shardless BUG-heavy. Lot of long-time players so not a ton of budget players. The budget players there are often play weirder stuff (BG Loam Pox, 2-colour Delver Decks) rather than the stock budget options. (I'm from the part of Canada where the name Canadian Threshold comes from).
>>
>>47489411
>junk uncommons, junk commons and junk rares and a few junk mythics
>10 dollars a pack
Looks like I'll just be purchasing singles
>>
>>47489562
>exactly the same they were 6 months ago

Except that's wrong. Force of Will has plummeted 25% thanks to a bunch of Judge foils getting printed. EMA isn't the cause but it shows you clearly don't know what you're talking about.
>>
>>47505243
To play off the secondary market to make more money.
It's not coincidence that all those uncommons that just so happen to have a decent price tag attached to their name got a rarity bump
>>
>>47530133
>MTGSalvation
It was pretty much the most populated independent resource for Magic and news.

Then came Reddit that did the news faster, MythicSpoiler that had better organized spoilers, and MTGTop8 that collated decks better.

I don't think there's a single thing MTGSalvation does well anymore. It's just an echo chamber of faggots who've been there since forever and like many Magic "veterans" they think their years of experience count as expertise when in reality they're those same dumb motherfuckers you meet in real life who say they've been playing for 15-20 years but don't have any skills to show for it.
>>
>>47529850
Try ensnaring bridge, or going for a fast batterskull
>>
>>47529850
Play manaless dredge, go 2-0 all day vs eldrazi.
>>
>>47517582
>mfw people blAme the players and not the secondary market for Anything price related
Lmao
>>
>>47489712
You really are a cuck if you buy this garbage.

WotC is fucking you in the ass, pulling your hair and spitting in your face while you beg for the cum like a good shabbos goy.
>>
File: 1428369054638.jpg (9KB, 239x250px) Image search: [Google]
1428369054638.jpg
9KB, 239x250px
So since Eternal prices is coming up, I'm thinking it's the right time to get into legacy, if I want to win should I just start off with a derp hurr durr red mono aggro for "cheap" or should I just play reanimator ( which I really like) but invest like 1000€ to make it competitive?
>>
>>47531713
Get magician cards for the gathering from the chinaman and save yourself from the ultra expensive investment, they cost 99% less than the originals, look 95% the same, play 100% the same and if you double sleeve them theres literally 0% chance someone will tell apart its a fake unless you are waving your dick around with playsets of black lotuses on your folder or something.
>>
>>47489712
$200 a box is really good. I'd buy one at that price. If you're trading (and you can get SCG values or close to it) your EV per pack is around ten bucks, although the variance in the set is very high.
>>
>>47531875
Well I would need a playset of force of will which I think would be the most expensive thing to buy, but lots of good stuff is being reprinted for reanimator.
>>
>no Liliana of the Veil
>will forever be $110+
>no damnation
>will forever be $65+

Why do the refuse to reprint Lili and Damnation despite having tons of opportunities?
>>
File: 1433806385965.png (2MB, 1201x884px) Image search: [Google]
1433806385965.png
2MB, 1201x884px
>>47532646
WotC is saving them for the $20/pack MSRP set, coming soon to a synagogue near you. They'll even come with a new rarity, Double Mythic, appearing once in every 10 boxes!
>>
>>47532646
>first mm and second were huge success
> they realize they can stretch out reprints and skimp on good cards for "next year" because people will preorder it anyways because it's limited print
>>
>>47532646
>no grim tutor reprint
>will forever be 300 CAD
>no imperial seal reprint
>will be forever 800
Why do the refuse to reprint seal and grim tutor despite having tons of opportunities?
>>
>>47532646
Pretty sure this wasn't "Modern Masters 3"
>>
>>47532847
>LotV sees no play in Legacy
>Damnation isnt a cube/EDH staple
>>
File: cabaltherapy.jpg (52KB, 265x370px) Image search: [Google]
cabaltherapy.jpg
52KB, 265x370px
>>47532798
This. We'll never get a "gold mine" set because of this mentality.

To be fair, Eternal Masters has tons of good stuff, including nice uncommons and rares that aren't worth a lot right now, but could grow. You know, the Kitchen Finks effect. EMA is okay.
>>
>>47533401
Kitchen Finks was $10 before it got reprinted and dropped to $4. It stayed below $5 for nearly two years before it saw more competitive play.
>>
>>47533177
Lotv sees play in 3 decks. 2 of them aren't even good.

Anything is cube playable.
>>
>>47533609
http://www.mtgstocks.com/decks/formats/Legacy/card/53
>>
>>47533546
Indeed. We could see this effect apply to some of EMA's uncommon staples. Lots of good cards we find cheap today could become pricier in a few years, so we should take this into account when evaluating the quality of a set. This is especially true in Masters sets.
>>
>no Reanimate
>instead we get its one dollar less useful cousin Animate Dead

FUCK YOU WIZARDS
>>
>>47511000
Goblin welder in thresh?
the fuck you on?
>>
>>47489411

>all these terrible unplayable commons
>in packs that already cost over double the normal $$$
>>
>>47534861
Goyf bitch.
>>
>>47518020
How could that be? You don't own any of the cards you open in a draft booster. They belong to the tournament organizer. The only cards you own are the ones you draft. Putting cards from a booster pack that you haven't drafted, into your pocket is literally theft.
>>
>>47536902
Any cards in your possession are yours. When you pass the pack to the next person, they now have them. If you draft a card, that one doesn't transfer ownership.

If you drop, all cards in your possession (those that you have drafted plus undrafted cards you have) are yours.

If you paid for the event and it includes the packs (as in, not a free draft with a stipulation that you return the cards after), you have paid for the cards.

There's nothing illegal about it, and it is part of the tournament rules which organizers are required to follow.
>>
ITT: people too stupid to draft with rare-pick.
>>
>>47518020
this is technically true, enjoy your pathetic friendless life, know that people are only playing with you because they have to and or they are better people than you.
>>
>>47523820
yeah me too
>>
the shitty thing is that i play standard. so this set would be 10/pack just for a fucking nostalgia trip.

i'm probably going to draft once, but nothing beyond that.
>>
File: didyourealllytypethat.webm (2MB, 480x270px) Image search: [Google]
didyourealllytypethat.webm
2MB, 480x270px
>>47537916
>>
>set meant to get people into legacy
>tons of important cards in legacy completely absent
>tons of filler cards that serve no purpose
>reserved list still exists

So...what's the point?
>>
>>47537998
Nothing.

There is absolutely no reason to buy boosters or displays from this set.
>>
>>47537998

It was not meant to get people into legacy. Wizards only cares about EDH and Standard.
>>
>>47537998
for me it's just Magic lottery - nothing more, nothing less. Don't know about it's actual purpose.
>>
>>47537998
It was never meant to get people into legacy. Like everything else the fucking kikes at WotC do it was only meant to make money.

I'm laughing my ass off at the cuckes who think they can into competitive legacy by buying this garbage.
>>
>>47509747

Can only pick from 4 or 5 decks at any given time. Have to buy new sets that are usually not interesting at all. Associated with fnm and other faggotry...nah
>>
>>47509827

Atleast in modern there are more than 3 playable decks.
>>
>>47537998
Commander reprints of expensive cards in non precon decks and good stuff for Cube. Also a few bones for Legacyfags who like their old classic cards.

Not meant to get anyone into anything. It just "helps" people get a few staples.
>>
>>47537998
>So...what's the point?
Money. Duh...

And new arts, some are gorgeous.
Foils.
NM for a less investment (gamble, library, etc.)
It's great for the people who'll buy singles (cube, edh, etc.)
>>
>>47534820
There is entomb and animate dead doesn't get screwed by a chalice at one (and you don't pay any life)
>>
File: eternal.png (1MB, 800x831px) Image search: [Google]
eternal.png
1MB, 800x831px
>>47537998

Pic related
>>
>>47537998
You draft it and then since the EV is about 9 bucks for a 10 buck pack the people that want the singles don't have to look as hard and some overpriced cards drop to make the EV about 9 bucks.
>>
>>47491960
I didn't even notice that. Winter orb with aether grid sounds like a fun deck.
>>
>>47496584
>he's afraid to drive 20 minutes down Route 13 to MA and play at Phyrexian Games or That's Entertainment
>>
>>47522843
That's a Mono Artifact, not a Continuous Artifact
>>
>>47521328
>>
>>47507060
The difference being that these were already cards that were out. Not new cards that have prices determined on the spot to create EV
>>
http://www.magicdrafting.com/savedpools/25854

tfw will never pull this irl
>>
File: EDH commanders.jpg (172KB, 645x461px) Image search: [Google]
EDH commanders.jpg
172KB, 645x461px
>What formats do you play?
EDH. I'd like to hop back into Standard but it's kind of shit with Origins, Dragons, and BFZ block. Maybe those Walker structure decks will be a good base to get back in. Trying to build auras for pauper.
>What singles do you plan to purchase?
Winter Orb, animate dead, enlightened tutor, ancestral mask, if cheap enough then sylvan library and natural order. I dunno, I'm mostly interested in commons and uncommons that were once commons for pauper.
>If you're playing in unsanctioned events exclusively, why don't you print them out?
I do for testing but I am not a fan of proxies myself really. I ain't got beef with dudes using them though.
>>
What's the intended black/red draft archetype, I can't really tell from just looking at the cards for some reason.
>>
>>47544512
For some reason I always thought Natural Order was banned in EDH. I already swap my cradle, bayou, and craterhoof from Elves into Meren, I should make a slot for NO too.
>>
>>47547271

NO is retarded in EDH and probably should be banned, but not before other shit. Not by a long shot.

Cradle on the other hand, falls into many banning criteria set up by the RC, and isn't banned.
>>
>>47505859
kill urself m8
>>
>>47539342
Wow, one whole situation where Animate Dead is better. That still isn't going to lower the price of Reanimate from nearly ten dollars any time soon.
>>
>>47548720
>nearly TEN dollars
Oh the humanity! I'll have to work less than an hour to afford one? Why, I'll have to pull a half day just to afford a set
>>
>>47537998
It's meant for Wizards to make money off gullible Legacy aspirants while I pick up useful Pauper and EDH staples.
>>
>>47547647
Why would you ban one of the few good green cards of the format?
Why does everyone want to ban cards that shit on control players
>>
>>47550948
>pickup useful pauper cards for nearly ten dollars a pack
And they are the gullible ones
>>
>>47550693
its a richs mans kid game
>>
File: 1453720158852.jpg (83KB, 532x960px) Image search: [Google]
1453720158852.jpg
83KB, 532x960px
>tfw every box in your LGS has been pre-ordered already

fucking scalpers I swear to god
>>
>>47551863

Because when the control player NOs a T3 Vorinclex, it's a problem.

Also
>few good green cards

Pretty sure this is bait
>>
File: ss+(2016-06-01+at+01.50.23).jpg (62KB, 470x227px) Image search: [Google]
ss+(2016-06-01+at+01.50.23).jpg
62KB, 470x227px
>>47513752
I like this random number generator, very spot on.
>>
>>47491069

Sadly Anon, I paid like 23 CAD for a pack of Innistrad at Great White Games in PG... I did however pull a Snapcaster Mage, so it was worth it, but fuck me man. Ravnica? And yeah as some anons said, looks to be box mapped.
Thread posts: 297
Thread images: 41

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.