[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>They worked by torchlight, following the same procedure hour

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3

File: neanderthals_running.jpg (66KB, 543x433px) Image search: [Google]
neanderthals_running.jpg
66KB, 543x433px
>They worked by torchlight, following the same procedure hour after hour: wrench a stalagmite off the cave floor, remove the tip and base, and carefully lay it with the others.

>Today we can only guess as to why a group of Neanderthals built a series of large stalagmite structures in a French cave.

Was it a game?
>>
>>47455936
My thought was "material for some kind of trap". I'd have to know more about the situation. I'm just glad OP didn't provide a source to go along with his quote.
>>
File: cnrs_20160048_0005-800x533.jpg (50KB, 800x533px) Image search: [Google]
cnrs_20160048_0005-800x533.jpg
50KB, 800x533px
>>47456031

https://www.newscientist.com/article/2090183-neanderthals-built-mystery-underground-circles-175000-years-ago/
>>
>>47455936
It was probably a religious area, though it's strange that it was underground so it couldn't have anything to do with the sky like many stone henges.
>>
>>47456600
>it's strange that it was underground so it couldn't have anything to do with the sky like many stone henges

Ancient religiosity often centred on chthonic sites.
>>
>>47455936

idk why it has to be meaningful

humans do aesthetic or busywork stuff all the time that has no meaning behind it

sometimes it's fun to put all of a thing in a circle
>>
>>47455936
My guess is it was a firepit.
>>
>>47456725

>Giant underground firepit

For what purpose?
>>
There's a similar thread about this on /his/ right now (or maybe it's archived now), but lets hope that /tg/ is smarter then /his/and this thread doesn't turn into a "you should feel bad because you're a homo sapien" and "WE WUZ NEANDERTHALS AND SHITZZZZZ!!!!"
>>
>>47456864

Yeah, but couldn't we have coexisted?
Did we really need to kill their men and mate with their women?
>>
>>47456924
Technically we kind'a did. We hung out so much that we sort of just became one species.
>>
>>47456864
>/his/
I keep forgetting about that. Man, what a joke board. I wish the mods would stop trying to carve up /tg/.
>>
>>47455936
One was drunk or on shrooms.
>>
>>47457372
Neanderthals could make booze?

Oh fuck now I want to play a neanderthal Bard.
>>
>>47457781
>Neanderthals could make booze?
No, but they could have eaten something that's fermenting.
>>
Maybe they decided that to keep rats away they'd put stuff on the floor in a circle around their sleeping spot. Any bedding or soft things would have disintegrated with age over 175,000 years ago.
>>
>>47456651
Indeed, tunnel to the underworld, or the womb of the earth-mother, etc.
>>
File: Kiln of the First Flame.jpg (377KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Kiln of the First Flame.jpg
377KB, 1920x1080px
>>47456803
>Giant underground firepit

>For what purpose?

You know it.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.