[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

TANKS STRONK edition >Rules databases https://mega.co.nz

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 390
Thread images: 42

File: 40k general.jpg (359KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
40k general.jpg
359KB, 1024x768px
TANKS STRONK edition

>Rules databases
https://mega.co.nz/#F!pFgm0RKR!J06C1gVYcjzNGsF8YNLsjQ
https://kat.cr/warhammer-40k-pdf-library-t9575373.html

>FAQs
http://www.games-workshop.com/en-GB/Rules-Errata

>40k 7th edition quick reference sheet(s)
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/4104995/Games/7edRef_V7.pdf

>Forgeworld Book index
http://www.dakkadakka.com/wiki/en/Forge_World_and_Apocalypse_Rules_Index

>White Dwarves
https://www.mediafire.com/folder/tx4hcy4u487pv/WD

>Novels (Working link as of 02/02/2016)
https://mega.nz/#F!wx4BiKhD!YhnAf1BqSmAB8dO6xDM56Q
>>
How good is path to glory? Is it worth playing?
>>
Second post for ork lads
>>
>Goddammit everytime

>>47402281
The guy is using a book for a footstool

Who the fuck uses books for footstools?

A total tool, that's who.
>>
Are there any differences between the Necron dynasties besides color
>>
>>47402623
As much as there are between different marine chapters.
>>
>>47402623
The symbol on their head
>>
>>47402623
Levels of insanity, how they treat Flayed Ones, whether or not they use Deathmarks...

They don't have as varied history as say, Marine Chapters, but they still have defining traits.
>>
>>47402617
I think it was the artist's way to symbolize the reliance on their codex. :^)
>>
>>47402623
It's not like codexes go into lengths to tell you how each dynasty is super special and how each Lord has his own brand of wackiness.
>>
File: f1MKiw8 - Imgur.gif (3MB, 480x270px) Image search: [Google]
f1MKiw8 - Imgur.gif
3MB, 480x270px
Has anyone ever used the Psykana division formation? How effective was it? I just ordered to models to try it out in order to spice up my 1500 pt build.
>>
File: LemanRussDemolisher00.png (257KB, 922x419px) Image search: [Google]
LemanRussDemolisher00.png
257KB, 922x419px
>>47402589
In line with TANKS STRONK:

I have 320pts left in my 1750pt guard list and I want two Leman Russes. My original idea wasn't exactly what I wanted (and generated a lot of discussion last thread). I have plenty of anti-infantry and anti-tank, so there isn't a specific role they're required for, I just want two Russes because they're tough as nails and cool as fuck.

My thoughts on various combinations are:

LRBT + LR Demolisher (Both stock)

2x Eradicator, both with Multimelta Sponsons and Lascannons

Executioner (Stock), Eradicator (Plasma Sponsons)

2x Punisher (Heavy Bolter Sponsons)

Demolisher (Stock), Eradicator (Plasma Sponsons)

I think that's the limit of what I'd want to run - I don't like Vanquishers on BS3 platforms.
>>
>>47402656
>Roll on Daemonology
>Remember to bring tear cup
>Summon D-thirsters thanks to new FAQ
>>
How well do Haemonculus Covens play out? I need a bunch of the Wrack helmets for conversions and I've always wanted to paint up a Deldar force, so here's the excuse.

Are they good? Or, are they bad enough that it's kosher to ally in some broken eldar shit?
>>
File: ABG 1850 scoring units.png (546KB, 676x7030px) Image search: [Google]
ABG 1850 scoring units.png
546KB, 676x7030px
>>47402589
>TANKS STRONK
H- How is my 1850 Armoured Battlegroup list?
>>
>>47402690
Covens are good for leadership debuffs (Although corpsethief claw is good alone).

People take Grotesqueries or a scalpel squadron for null deploy lists, and thats about all it's good for
>>
>>47402709
Thanks for including the information on what a searchlight does 7 times over. That was very helpful, and made reading the list much easier.
>>
>>47402732
Sorry, forgot to switch to the lite version.
>>
>>47402709
https://1d4chan.org/wiki/Warhammer_40,000/Tactics#Looking_for_advice
>>
>>47402630

Presumably substantially more. Space marine chapters are purely millitary organisations with strong conditioning involved to make everyone in the chapter have similar attitudes and opinions.

Necron dynasties were entire kingdoms, and are likely as different as any two randomly selected human countries.

The issue is that Necrons are not a heavily focused on faction, and Space Marines are the most focused on faction by a long shot. There's therefore a lot of material detailing different marine chapters, and for the most part a few paragraphs on Necron dynasties.
>>
File: Kharn's murder toys.png (768KB, 1780x566px) Image search: [Google]
Kharn's murder toys.png
768KB, 1780x566px
Posting excerpts from the new Red Path series story. "ABADDON DENIED". Spoilering due to request.

The drop ships faced each other over a distance of less than four hundred metres, engines roaring and noses swaying as the Thunderhawks maintained their positions above the ground. Their dangerous proximity had been dictated by the only suitable clearing in a continent otherwise covered by an unbroken forest of massive trees that had grown on and through the ruins of some ancient civilisation. The ships’ guns were aimed directly at each other, activated and ready to fire. Both parties knew it, and both parties expected it. At such a short range, the destruction would be near-total on both sides so, under the comforting stalemate offered by mutually assured destruction, one hundred servants of Khorne faced each other.

To Khârn, none of this mattered. His focus was on the upstart walking towards him, pistol and blade drawn, resplendent in the ornate armour of the Hounds of Abaddon. Lined up in their neat rows, brass highlights glinting in the sun, the Hounds made a mockery of the glory of Khorne. Anger flared in Khârn’s chest but he resisted the temptation to draw Gorechild and charge into them before a word had been spoken, cutting them down and serving their skulls as a gift to the Blood God. He still did not know which way the Red Path was turning, so he would have to be patient for a few moments longer.

Locq came to a stop a few paces away from Khârn and waited for his two lieutenants to flank him. He holstered his weapons, removed his battle-scarred helmet and, reaching sideways, gave it to one of his followers without turning. After studying the wide, flat face of Locq for a few long seconds, Khârn accepted the gesture and did the same, tossing his helmet to Lukosz.

‘I bring a message from the great Warmaster Abaddon.’
>>
File: Hounds of Abaddon.jpg (96KB, 893x651px) Image search: [Google]
Hounds of Abaddon.jpg
96KB, 893x651px
>>47402779
Locq shouted the words so that everyone could hear them. His voice echoed off the enormous trunks surrounding the impenetrable foundations on which they stood, worn smooth by aeons of rain and wind. Khârn’s contempt turned to loathing. Was he supposed to fall to his knees in terror at the name of Abaddon? To gibber and weep like a child? If this herald was expecting a reaction from Khârn, he would receive none, other than a sneer of derision.

Khârn folded his arms and waited. Whatever Locq had to say, he had travelled a long way to do it. The trouble Locq had gone to and the fact he had not attacked them on first sight meant it had to be Khorne’s will that they were now facing each other. Khârn stared at the so-called captain. Finally, Locq spoke again.

‘He commands you to his presence, and you must heed the call.’

The words hung in the cool forest air. Khârn continued to stare, impassive. Locq raised his head slightly and looked down his nose at the Chosen of Khorne as if to demand his acknowledgement. Such posturing only served to aggravate Khârn. Lukosz clearly shared the feeling, muttering an oath and reaching for his chainsword. The resulting rattle of gauntlets from Locq’s forces came immediately, swiftly followed by the readying of bolters and chainswords from Khârn’s warband behind him. Locq dropped his chin and went for his own chainsword, but Khârn raised his right arm, slowly, into the air. There was a telling pause but, eventually, Khârn heard weapons lowered. All throughout, Khârn kept his gaze on Locq, looking for something more in his eyes.

‘Why?’

Locq shook his head slightly at Khârn’s question. Locq’s warriors shifted slightly. It was obvious they were just as interested in the answer. Intriguing.
>>
>>47402778
Well only the upper crust of necron society has any freedom from the obedience protocols, so it's somewhat limited as well.
>>
File: Abaddon.jpg (316KB, 1073x1226px) Image search: [Google]
Abaddon.jpg
316KB, 1073x1226px
>>47402805
‘I do not question my master’s command, berzerker. Neither should you.’

Khârn snorted and took a step forward. Locq’s seconds responded by moving closer to their captain, weapons raised. Khârn ignored them.

‘You cannot answer my question because you do not know, do you?’

He had seen the faces of opponents at close quarters on countless occasions, and he could read the battle raging inside Locq for control of his anger. Locq lost.

‘You will accompany me back to the Malevolent Shade without further hesitation. Abaddon–’

‘Abaddon!’

The ferocity with which Khârn roared the name back at Locq was a perfect match for the look of absolute contempt on his face. Spittle landed on Locq’s face, and as he wiped it off with one hand, Khârn noticed his other had gone to the hilt of his chainsword. Khârn looked up and over the head of the captain, and raised his voice even louder.

‘Who is this so-called “Warmaster” compared to the Blood God? Why do you give your allegiance to him?’

Khârn looked from one end of the line of Hounds to the other, staring at each and every one of them in turn. He could not read their faces, but he could tell from the way they moved that his words had found their mark. Khârn opened his arms and turned around in a slow circle as he continued, encompassing everything that surrounded him from the centre of the clearing.

‘We fight to honour Khorne, and Khorne alone. You claim to do the same, but ask yourself this – what glory has Abaddon sent you to here? How are you serving the Blood God? You are not. You are in the thrall of one who thinks himself a god, but is a pretender.’
>>
>>47402281
How often do you think Calgar (or whatever his name is) gets startled by people talking to him from his side or back?
>>
Lads, is an Ad Mech army truly viable? Like can the Skitarii and Cult win tournament level games? What is their power level.

I really wanna sink a couple hundo into an army but I actually want to play and have a chance to win.
>>
File: Kharn.jpg (727KB, 600x826px)
Kharn.jpg
727KB, 600x826px
>>47402823
Khârn had turned full circle, past his own impatient warband, past Lukosz and then back to Locq who, by now, was trembling with rage.

‘You and your entire Legion are nothing more than inferior, dishonourable filth.’

Khârn could hear the muttering of oaths from the Black Legion ranks. His gaze settled on Locq’s left pauldron. On it was displayed the eight-pointed star of Chaos, the brass symbol in stark relief to the red inlay. Khârn returned to his vision, of the skulls with the same symbol etched into them. They had not urged him down the flowing river of blood, not shown him the way in which to go. No. They had been swarming all around him, swooping and threatening him, targets to be broken and smashed.

That was the Red Path.
>>
What is more of an investment for the Imperium?

A single marine, or a Leman Russ Battle Tank?
>>
I want to play a combined detachment of forge world mechanicum and Skitarii in the same list, for a sort of fluffy full-mechanicum army with the neat 30k robots. Would you allow me to ally a 30k Taghmata red book list with 40k Skitarii assuming everything else is kosher?
>>
File: Thokt.jpg (91KB, 2048x220px) Image search: [Google]
Thokt.jpg
91KB, 2048x220px
>>47402806
>obedience protocols,

Some times I wonder if you guys bother with the fluff.

The Necron plebs were lobotomized. Even if they aren't programmed to obey, they would be nigh-mindless mechanical corpses.

This might seem like a play of semantics but with the existence of (picture related) as an exception, it must be said.
>>
>>47402844
Marine.

There are billions of tanks and only 1 million marines. The Admech would see it differently though me thinks.
>>
>>47402844
A guardsman.
>>
>>47402828
Last I read is that they're below Eldar, Tau and possibly SM, but above pretty much everyone else.

Taking Skittles/AdMech + AM allies for metalboxes seems to be a good combo.
>>
>>47402844
If it's the vanilla Russ then def. a single SM.
>>
>>47402844
A Leman Russ
but with the "battle tank"
>>
>>47402832
>Kharn calling somebody dishonorable

Hello pot.
>>
>>47402828
They need a delivery system, especially the skitarii.

With the draft FAQ throwing a Spanned in that I'd hold off to see the final version of the FAQ and if it hasn't changed then you'll want to wait for the rumoured ad mech update which is supposed to include transports.
>>
>>47402603
Do you already own Chaos models? Is your group willing to limit their selections and add in homebrew?
>>
>>47402684
>using Malific Daemonology as a non-Chaos faction
Worse than CarMax tier. You can go forge your narrative somewhere else.
>>
What's the best troop-level daemon to summon? I'm running Guard so I'm really terrible at melee currently.
>>
>>47402878
Oh, well what would I need to get with them to make them viable, allies-wise.

>>47402908
Chimeras? and any idea what will be in the update and when it'll come out?
>>
>>47402852
I'd be down for that. I can dig the theme.
>>
File: snapshot20080803174835.jpg (29KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
snapshot20080803174835.jpg
29KB, 640x480px
>just did some major space clearing of all armies thanks to new apartment move.
>this includes most of my nids
>Swarmlord included, spent some time getting him looking nice too
>he sells for full price and then some on ebay, so that's a confidence boost
>still bummer that he's gone
>get message once package arrives to buyer
>"oh my god it's awesome! very satisfied and will certainly fit in with my first army"

Knowing he's off with someone good warms the heart. Fight on swarmlord.
>>
What are the price hikes like for those that aren't from the UK? I was just looking at Grey Knights prices and they're a good 25% more costly if you buy it in Aussie dollarydoos after currency conversion.
>>
File: blitzbrigadelist.png (25KB, 649x803px)
blitzbrigadelist.png
25KB, 649x803px
Didn't get any bites last thread so I'll ask here

Any tips on improving this 1850 Ork list? The formation seems amazing for approaching gun line lists which light me up constantly.

Wagon 1 - tankbustas
Wagon 2 - shoota boyz
Wagon 3 - shoota boyz
Wagon 4 - ard boyz with boss
Wagon 5 - ard case with killkannon

At this point the killkannon is out of novelty, should I just trade it out for another blob of boys? Or maybe put the lootas in it?
>>
File: khorne.jpg (260KB, 1136x811px) Image search: [Google]
khorne.jpg
260KB, 1136x811px
>It's a Kharn kills more of the old War Hounds episode
Like i said in the last thread - Kharn doesn't care anything except killing his whole Legion off. He's sick of what they become and the only way they should kill him off it by mortally wounding Angron @ the 2nd Siege of Terra
>>
>>47403068
I'm not an ork player, but what is the advantage of taking shoota boyz over slugga boyz if you are presumably going for the charge?
>>
>>47403077
but the problem here is that'd make for an interesting story.
>>
>>47403085
Shame i don't write for BL
:^)
>>
>>47403081
When I was building the army I bought the meme that shoota boyz were the way to go because it helps blobs overwatch and its two shots at s4 before u charge (unless you're running during a waaagh!)

Either way I'm now stuck with 60 shoota boyz
>>
>>47403077
Kharn cares about pleasing Khorne and about the destruction of the Imperium.

Though what he cares about is hardly relevant. Abaddon wants him to fall in with 13th Black Crusade pronto. One way or another, Kharn will acknowledge Abaddon as his Warmaster like Angron did.
>>
>>47403100
Oh yeah fair enough I guess if you have the models not much can be done. One way to look at it is that you get an extra shooting attack as you close in and Orks should be able to krump most gunline armies on the charge anyway
>>
>>47403124
>Kharn cares about pleasing Khorne and about the destruction of the Imperium.
More former than the latter - he really doesn't do much apart from killingn old War Hound warbands and captains

He is nowhere near Typhus or Lucius level of anti Imperial attacks
>>
Do we know what new codices are coming for the rest of they year? We haven't had a main one since Tau last year and everything seems to have dried up

What can we even expect? Chaos update? A new splinter army? A new faction completely?
>>
>>47403180
GW will do something big with chaos. It probably won't be this year though
>>
File: 31e.png (275KB, 500x645px) Image search: [Google]
31e.png
275KB, 500x645px
>>47403180
If they finally finish Sisters like the rumours suggest, then we might see that.
>tfw still haven't waited as long as DEldar players
>>
>>47403188
>yfw Nurgle, Slaanesh and Tzeentch Daemonkin codices
>>
>>47403191
considering where we are now, be careful what you wish for
>>
what is the counter to broadside suits in 500pt games

65 points a pop, BS4 if you have 3 ofthem, 2+ armor save and dont really need markerlights to be effective thanks to fire team and twin linked

riptides are cheese in low point games but why arnt broadsides considered the same?
>>
>>47403197
that would be fucking dumb
i still don't understand why they even released KD in the first place when you could just ally your Khorne CSM and CDs without a problem beforehand, the army doesn't even come with any unique units or anything, what a waste.
>>
>>47403180
I don't know, but I really want GW to make a new, non-imperial faction that is all new with fresh lore.

Imagine an alien mech faction that was peaceful but is forced to militarize because the ad mech keep coming down and stealing their shit while calling them heretics.

Or an independant group of humans or lizards or shit that aren't chaos, but won't bow down to the imperium.

The ad mech were a step in the right direction, but we need something new,
>>
>>47403209
they need to make 40k Skaven and Vampire Count equivalents already
>>
>>47403209
GW can't even update the current factions at a reasonable rate, let alone more.
>>
>>47403203
While true, I would think that, given what is included in the silver tower game, it is possible a Tzeentch daemonkin codex, which is the one rumored to be released this year, might actually include new units, like the blue and brimstone horrors.
Likewise, there aren't nearly as many CSM Tzeentch units as there are khorne ones, so it isn't impossible that GW would add for both the TDK and the other DK books new units, seeing as none of the other gods has as many dedicated units as khorne.
>>
>>47403202
Broadsides don't have the mobility to be considered cheese.
>>
>>47403227
This. I think GW has already gone past critical mass as far as playable factions go.
>>
>>47403180
Rumors are this is the 2016 release list.

>40K
Warzone Fenris Pt.2
Rubric Marines
CSM Revamp
Codex Genestealer Cults
Codex Deathwatch

>Age of Sigmar
General’s Handbook
Realm of Battle Board
Summer Campaign
Sylveneth
Steelhead Duardin
Tzeentch stuff
Shadowkin
>>
>>47403237
oh, so its simply because of JSJ combined with multi wound?
>>
>>47403209
Those Space Dwarves that aren't squats that currently hang out with the Tau could be cool

>>47403227
In the past few years they added Imperial Knights (too make everyone go and buy a single, expensive model) and those two Ad Mech factions. I have to agree that we probably won't see another faction for a while.
>>
>>47403209
There's way more to a faction than the fluff, and even the fluff needs to go beyond one-sentence blurbs.

What's their aesthetic and play style?

That besides, a new faction is a very large investment, that needs to sell well for a long time to recoup cost.

>>47403219
No
>>
>>47403246
Yeah, damage + mobility + survivability is a potent combo.
>>
>>47403243
>Codex Deathwatch
>more muhreens

Genestealer shit sounds promising though, hopefully these codices are decent and not half assed barebones shit like Admech and Harlequins

Wait are these even full codices or shitty supplements nobody really cares about?
>>
>>47403254

Don't forget Codex: Harleen Quinzel.
>>
>>47403243
>rumours
What are the source of these, anyway? I always hear the latest rumours but nothing about the source.
>>
>>47402679
If you already have a lot of cover ignoring shenanigans (and being guard, you probably dont) i would recommend the eradicators. Because fuck tau. And eldar. And guard. You get the point pal
>>
>>47403254
Do Harlequins, KDK and Militarum Tempestus count as 'new'? They weren't really whole armies before
>>
>>47403243
itsfuckingnothing.jpg

Unless "CSM revamp" means "Tau treatment". But I'm guessing it actually means "a new CSM sprue and a codex refresh that barely changes anything".
>>
Do you think the Inquisition will ever get a bit more of a fleshing out in how they work in the game? I really like the hodgepodge feeling of them, but I don't want to do an army of them unless sisters get a revamp so I can ally with vehicles.
>>
>>47403243
I hope Grey Knights get some stuff out of Warzone Fenris 2, but I doubt it.
>>
>>47403202
>broadsides
>cheese
>like a riptide
Holy shit, these people exist. Fuck everything.

This is why GW don't give a shit about the rules. Because there actually exist people who are THIS FUCKING SHIT at the game. Might as well just throw out the rules if you are dealing with people this retarded anyway.

What fucking army do you play where a full broadside team can ever be unstoppable in a 500 point game? Thats almost 200 points in a single unit that is completely stationary, and either has a good range on a shit gun, or a poor range on a good gun. Poor range + immobile means it should never do much unless you are doing something incredibly retarded.
>>
>>47402905
he just has a unique definition of honor. Which is basically killing everything.
>>
>>47403243
>tfw GW are devoting man-hours to Age of Skubmar instead of a new ork codex
>>
>>47403278
Most of those are from Squiggly, but have been mentioned by other people too.

He also warned that some of it might get pushed into next year, because of FW releases what with HH and all.
>>
>>47403326
Holy lel you're really this buttblasted aren't you?
>>
>>47403326
Lots of new players end up playing on planet bowling ball with whatever they have on hand, which skews their views on things.
>>
>>47403292
>Unless "CSM revamp" means "Tau treatment". But I'm guessing it actually means "a new CSM sprue and a codex refresh that barely changes anything".
That is exactly what the tau got. A few new sprues, a few strange additions here and there, and the stormsurge.

You already got your Chaos knight, you just need the rest to get the "tau treatment"

I think you are hoping for a massive buff rather than the Tau treatment.
>>
>>47403243
>Warzone Fenris Pt.2
who cares

>Rubric Marines
who cares

>CSM Revamp
Revamp of the entire line, or just the marine sprue? If the latter, who cares

>Codex Genestealer Cults
might be neat

>Codex Deathwatch
who cares

>Age of Sigmar
who cares
>>
>>47403254
They are called the Demiurg.

They would be pretty cool to use if GWs saw potential for a close range shooting army

http://wh40k.lexicanum.com/wiki/Demiurg
>>
>>47403326
nigga im brand new to the game and rules, which is why i'm asking

dont suicide your syrian shitter over people who ask a question, maybe you'll prevent some of the issues you are mad about
>>
>>47403364
I meant the 6th edition Tau treatment.

When new models doubled their codex in size and almost every old model got a new sprue.

The 7e Tau update was bog standard. I want to see CSM get revamped like Tau/Necrons did.
>>
>>47403388
They need it.
>>
>>47403387
Not him, but the game's not really balanced at 500 points.

I mean, its not balanced ever, but especially then. At that level it's basically rock paper scissors, you either bring the unit that can kill broadsides or you bring the unit that kills [something else], there's not enough room for both.
>>
>>47403386
It'd be nice to have another one.
>>
>>47403388
you'll get your update right before 8th edition, and then other factions will get their 8th edition codices.
>>
>>47403404
sure, i get that the most popular armies are around 1500-1850 points, but as im just starting out then im going to go with 500 or 750 points and build up from there
>>
>>47403424
I've had fun with 750 games on a 4x4 board. I've never played it in any super competitive way, though. I'm sure it could be cheesed when there's a chance the other player isn't just playing for fun.
>>
>>47403068
I will help you out. So far what you have there is pretty good but be careful with the Blitz formation. It costs quite a good amount of points but it is awesome. Maybe cunt down on the killkannon. it is a nice weapon but costs alot. Replace it with mek guns because they are AWESOME! demz be right propa dakka and you can give them a pain boy technically. Imagine T7 guns with FNP, enough said. Personally I would max out the unit of tank bustas and put them in a open top battlewagon. Even if the wagon blows up, as long as they get close and rocket the shit out of everything, also it means alot more shots meaning less chances of missing. Ard boyz are meh, you can keep them but I would cut them out and save the points. Ard boyz are only really good when you have a nice big blob of them, 10 will die quick. hope this helps

>>47403081
Since assault is not so great right now, shoota boyz just throw so much dice at an enemy. each boy has 2 shots, so if you make a squad of 20 thats 40 and 30 makes 60 shots. even enemy's with terminator armor and high invulnerable saves cant make their armor save 40 to 60 times in one round.
>>
>>47403457
Fuck my spelling. I mean "cut" down
>>
>>47403387
Well maybe you shouldn't give those wild comparisons on other units. Marinekids still gets their PTSD triggered if you mention riptide. Some wounds will never heal.
Also, broadsides don't get fireteam bonus, it only applies to monsterous creatures and vehicles
>>
>>47403448
yeah, i'm not overly fussed about being cheesed hard as at the end of the day:

1: I'll at least be learning about units and how they are used

2: I decided to play tau so apparently i deserve it
>>
>>47403464
riptides never seem to give me that much of a problem when I play, it's everything else in the tau arsenal shooting at me, that seems to do the real damage.
>>
>>47403464
>wild comparisons

"why are broadsides not considered cheese when in my explanation i personally consider them to be very powerful"

also thanks for letting me know about fire team, I misread and thought it applied to all battle suits
>>
>>47403457
Cheers m8. My tankbustas are always run in a wagon, 12 is all I have right now as rokkit launchas are a pain to get hands on. They've been an auto-take from day one, they're excellent for their cost. I don't think I'll ever run boys at less than 20 ever again, 12 in a trukk is just useless.

I've got 5 lobbas I could trade in somewhere but I'd have to make some cuts.
>>
Will we ever see a set of models as amazing as The Last Chancers?
>>
Seems we're getting more scenery soon. May seem lame at first glance, but (unlike ruins) the two stacked on each other WILL break LOS for a lot of stuff. More LOS breaking terrain appearing on tables seems like it could be a reasonable-sized deal.
>>
2/2.
>>
>>47403491
"why aren't broadsides consider to be as broken as riptides"
>>
>>47403489
Its usually when you have 3+ riptides that they become a problem
>>
>>47403514
yeah your probably right. I haven't had the pleasure of playing someone taking a riptide wing.
>>
>>47403512
i didnt say that whatsoever, i asked what the counter to them in 500 pt games were and said why arnt they considered cheese LIKE riptides are

no shit riptides are more powerful than broadsides, that doesnt change my question
>>
>>47403505
>>47403510
I usually use old shoes, tissue boxes and books and shit for that
>>
>>47403505
>>47403510
Visually, they just look a bit dull, but I have a very definite bias for fighting in Gothic ruins. It's hard to tell from the image, but I'm not getting a very 40k vibe from them. Looks like generic containers and red barrels.
>>
>>47403285
Harlies have had a mini-codex before.
>>
>>47403493
No problem, happy to help a fellow greeny! but yest less than 20 boys is kinda crap now. Ard boyz can be good if you get like 20 with a pain boy, demz be dead ard. One cheap way to get mek guns is get plastic card and cut them up to look like ork gun platforms and maybe some trukk wheels, then on ebay search on bits shops for all different kinds of guns, Also I highly recommend this cite bellow for any bits. Yes it is in Germany and these bits sell like hot cakes but OH MY does it help so much! ALSO! heres some good news for ya that I found out.

http://megabitzshop.com/

Now this does require alot of models and costs alot of points, but it is very powerful if done correctly. Make a great waaagh band via the supplement, take council of the waaagh with good old ghazy, fill out any other requirements for a great waaagh band. Congratulations you now have an army that can waaagh every turn even the first, ghazy always has a 2++, MANZ can run and charge when ever they want, and everything is fearless. And there is nothing in both books that says "only once per turn" so you can use ghazys waaagh every turn. Gork and Mork witness me this day!
>>
>>47403583
Yeah I've looked at the new formations a little just haven't bought the new gaz sup. The waaagh every turn looks awesome it's just such a massive tax to pay for one insanely tough unit. If their transport gets popped (and let's be honest your enemy will fire literally everything at it) you've got like 1000 points sitting on their asses midfield. I'll definitely build an 1850 list out of it at some stage though.
>>
>>47403546
>Skulls
>Reliquary as a door control panel
>Upper edges reminiscent of cathedral buttresses
>Bolters on top of FUCKING SHIPPING CONTAINERS
I'm not sure how they could have made them much more 40k.
>>
>>47403323
Might get a Crimson Slaughter treatment.
Aka take the existing Brotherhood formation. Split it into several, useless, formations.

Boom bam. 3 pages later and Grey Knights are now "updated"
>>
>http://www.spikeybits.com/2012/01/combi-melta-guns-cheap-n-easy-conversions.html
Wow, thanks spikeybits. I never would've thought to make a Combi-melta by gluing a Melta Pistol to a Boltgun. Thank goodness Melta Pistols are such a plentiful bit. I mean, who doesn't have a dozen or so of the buggers just lying around.

Mockery aside, anyone know a third party manufacturer that makes good combi-weapons? I've bought Kromlech's Khopeshes and was happy with the quality, but I'm not a huge fan of their Thunder Guns.
>>
Start Collecting Box $85
Citadel Build and Paint set $33
Citadel primer $17
--------------
$135 ($108 w/ FLGS discount)

But wait! There's more!

You can't actually play the game yet, because you don't have rules for your units!

Codex $50 ($40)
BRB $85 ($68)
---------------
$216 w/ FLGS discount

Alright, only two hundred dollars, but finally you can start playing! Just read all 800 pages of the BRB and your codex first, and you'll have officially entered the hobby!

With such ease of entry, it's no wonder every kid asks for 40k for Christmas!
>>
>>47402679
Well, you could get two Exterminators with hull lascannons and multimelta sponsons, which total up to 320 exactly.
>>
>>47403690
Given what you're getting $135 for a decent sized starter army and the tools and paints needed to assemble it is a pretty good deal.

GW charging as much as they do for such shitty rules is nuts though. Especially for a company that claimed to be a miniature manufacturer and not a game developer.
>>
>>47403347
Yes i am. He is the kind of person that makes people at GW believe rules don't matter.
>>
>>47403690
>Reduce rules to 4 pages
>FUCKING JEW DOUBLE JEWS
>QUICK EVERY SWITCH TO X COMPANY INSTEAD!
>>
>>47403690
>What is Battle for Vedros
>What is Dark Vengeance/Shield of Baal/Stormclaw/Burning Dawn
>>
>>47403630
True very true you pay a big tax for it. Funny enough I actually tried this all foots logan even though everyone votes against it (for obvious shooting fuckery reasons). It was ghazys council and the waaagh band, just the bored swarmed in a green tide. Now this would not work in a tournament setting, but I used this against a WAAC tau player. At first he was all filled with glee over how he can just kill off a horde of boys so quickly, but then he realized that I can run and charge all I want and everything is fearless. He watched as everything he had could not get out of melee. Boyz held down is riptide for a while and obviously got killed, but then the good old MANZ come in and commence the fisting. Oh gork was pleased that day
>>
>>47403683
Max Mini and Anvil Industry come to my mind, can't check them right now though. Also afaik every conversion parts producer does the basic special weapons (maybe even mad robot and puppets war?). Also are meltas really that rare/expensive? If you want to go real cheap just glue cylindric (?) shapes on a bolter and cut of the mag.
>>
>>47403715
And all the rules are available for free on the internet. Or, as that anon is unlikely aware for his shitpost to work, the free rules are given in unit boxes for each unit now. There is also basic rules in Start Collecting if I remember correctly.

Furthermore, if AoS is anything to go on, they remove the need for books by making the rules free, unless you want a book for some reason. There is also 'combined' books for like $30.
>>
>>47403743
Fuck me I overread 'combi' might want to give anvils modular bolters a try though.
>>
>>47403491
You compared broadsides, a fairly OK unit for a heavy support choice, to the fucking riptide, that makes even Lords of War sweat.

And if you are playing marines, the whole "can't counter everything at 500 points" goes out the window, because Grav is literally always the answer.
>>
>>47403690
The rulebook is less pages than the WHFB BRB which was about 500 and only 1/3rd of that was rules. A codex is about 30 pages of rules if it's a big codex. Even less if it's a mini-dex.

It shouldn't be a problem. Maybe to kids, which would explain the rule changes in AoS, but to exaggerate 800 pages of rules is disingenuous at best and an outright lie at worse.
>>
>>47403747
>And all the rules are available for free on the internet.
Piracy doesn't count for rosy-cheeked new players.

>Or, as that anon is unlikely aware for his shitpost to work, the free rules are given in unit boxes for each unit now. There is also basic rules in Start Collecting if I remember correctly.

All you get is the statline. You can't avoid buying the codex unless you're just gonna make up what the wargear does.

>Furthermore, if AoS is anything to go on, they remove the need for books by making the rules free, unless you want a book for some reason. There is also 'combined' books for like $30.

By all means, if they want to make 40k's rules free, I'd strongly support it.

Because currently it's $85 (or $100 or whatever dark vengeance goes for nowadays, and again, buying used/spare rulebooks on the cheap doesn't count for new players who don't know about the secondhand market).
>>
>>47403674
I'd be okay with that because I don't think Grey Knights are as desperately in need of an update as other armies. It'll probably be that or nothing anyways.
>>
>>47403278
>the source
Clickbait websites
Work out the rest yourself
>>
>>47403743
>Anvil Industry
Awesome, thanks. Their Lance Carbine is exactly what I was looking for.
>>
>>47403809
AoS got shat on for free rules and simplifying them. I don't think it'll go down any better with 40k. In fact, I say it would be WORSE.

Unless, of course, /tg/, Whineseer and DakkaDakka aren't the total representation of a hobby, that is. But that's silly.
>>
Hey /tg/, there's s tournament running at my local gw soon and I need a 750 point list (myself being tau trash of course). Considering I'm expecting flying circuses and kastelan robutt spam, what do?
>>
>>47403845
They'll release a new kind of mudolar modern weapon soon. Looks more operator and less bolter though.
>>
>>47402832

>Not following Abaddon to the 13th Black Crusade: the biggest fight in ten millennia
>Claims to like Khorne

Sounds like cowardice to me.
>>
File: gun porn.jpg (188KB, 960x720px) Image search: [Google]
gun porn.jpg
188KB, 960x720px
>>47403861
>operator

Oh no! /k/ is out of it's cage. Quick, I'll herd him back in with this picture!
>>
>>47403829
I wouldn't mind an internal rebalance.

Make it so all the slots aren't mindless.
Dreadnoughts paying 25pts more, just for a "6++"
Strikes v. Terminators
Purgation v. Dreadknights

Just disappointing that a 16 unit codex has such awful internal balance.
>>
>>47403870
Doesn't mean he won't show up.
After all, if Kharn shows up on his own side and fights both Abaddon and the Imperium, he'll double the enemies and the number of skulls.
>>
Just as an idea for White Scars.

White Scar Scarblade Strike Force

**Hunting Force**

Biker Captain - 110

Bike Squad w/+2 bikers, gravgun, flamer - 125

Attack Bike Squad w/+1 bike, 2x Multi Meltas - 100

Attack Bike Squad w/+1 bike, 2x Multi Meltas - 100

Scout Bike Squad w/ cluster mines & Locater Beacon - 84

Scout Bike Squad w/ cluster mines & Locater Beacon - 84

**Storm Wing**

Storm Raven - 200

Storm Talon - 110

Storm Talon - 110

**Regular FOC**
Biker Chaplain - 110

Tactical Squad w/+1 Marine, Drop Pod, GravCannon - 168

Tactical Squad w/+1 Marine, Drop Pod, GravCannon - 168
>>
>>47403870
see my earlier posts about Kharn's goal of just trying to kill of the old Legion and nothing else
>>
>>47403952
1850 points btw
>>
>>47403926

>Helping the Imperium by attacking Chaos forces as well

Even if you assume Kharn could last more than half a second sandwiched between two armies that outnumber him a thousandfold, he'd have to be a retard to undermine his best chance to destroy the Imperium.
>>
>>47403860
You git gud.

HQ: Fireblade (60)
Troop: x6 Fire Warriors (54)
Elite: x3 Riptides with Ion Accelerator and Early Warning Over-Ride (Interceptor) and Velocity Tracker (Skyfire) - 420
Fast Attack: Fast Attack: x3 Tetra Scout Speeder Team - 105 points

Total: 698 (I think)

Leaves you with 52. I think you can get a small squad of Marker Drones or something for that.
>>
>>47404002
Can Kharne plan ahead?

Can he set aside short term slaughter for long term genocide?
>>
>>47404044
>>47403860
I meant x2 Riptides, not x3.
>>
>>47404044
Thanks, sounds like a plan.
What would you recommend instead of the tetras though? Sniper drones perhaps?
>>
>>47404044
>>47404059
>2x riptides at 750 points
and people wonder why taufags are so hated. no just go ahead and take three, why bother holding back at all?
>>
>>47404105
He specifically asked for a counter to flyerspam and kastellans, not for a friendly list.

Don't hate an army just because it wins when you start comparing cheesiest units.
>>
>>47402828

Admech I'd only going to be tournament level with war convo.

They are still quite good without it. Just not tau/eldar/marines good. I havn't gad any trouble at all doing well on the local shop's challenge board with them.
>>
>>47404125
at what point did i care about this being friendly or not? the point is this jackass is asking for advice on how to use a crutch

>vs other cheese
if it required thought other than "spam x unit to win" people probably wouldn't look upon it with such disdain.
>>
>>47402828
they're a very -decent- army that recently suffered a bad setback with the FAQs that came out. They'll suffer badly to mobile armies due to range but anyone they can shoot at will get chewed up pretty badly.

I'd rate them at above average but if you want to go really competitive you're in for a rough ride. I do find them extremely fun to play though compared to many other armies.

Personally I'd recommend, but if you're more concerned with winning then go Tau or Eldar.
>>
>>47404105
He asked for a list, so I gave him. I have made a less cancer list though. Also, not a Taufag, I just know what I've faced in the past.

>>47404091
Pathfinders, probably. But I have another list for you.

HQ Fireblade (60)

Formation: Skysweep Missile Defence
x1 Devilfish (80)
x3 Sky Ray (345)

Total: 593

Which leaves alternatives of

x10 Pathfinders (110)
x2 Crisis Suits (44)

For Total: 747

Or
x1 Ghostkeel (130)
x1 Crisis Suit (22)

Total: 745

Can put a single system somewhere.
>>
New player here

What's the difference from the Space Marine chapters in the main codex (Iron Hands, White Scars, Raven Guard, etc.) and the ones that get their own codex like Dark Angels? Do they play very differently and have exclusive units and stuff?
>>
>>47404210
Check 1d4chan for the basic differences and yes they have unique stuff and play differently.
>>
Rather than most difficult to beat, what's the most frustrating list to play against?
>>
>>47404236
stupidly huge infantry armies.
>>
>>47404210
Dark Angels, Blood Angels and Space Wolves all get access to some different units

Basically it's Army wide Furious Charge and certain close combat units for Blood Angels, Special Bikers and Terminator rules for Dark Angels and a whole bunch of dramatically different shit for Space Wolves and Grey Knights

https://1d4chan.org/wiki/Warhammer_40,000/Tactics/Space_Marines(7E)#Chapter_Tactics
>>
>>47404210
Not much difference desu.

Mostlyjust a different Chapter Tactic and a few exclusive units / chatacters / relics

Blood Angels and tradional "Greenwing" Dark Angels playing similar to codex

Ravenwing / Deathwing Dark Angels being slightly different

Space Wolves / Grey Knights being the most different due to the number of unique wargear / units
>>
>>47404210
Pretty much
Chapters in the main codex are those that adhere enough to the Codex Astartes to not warrant a book of their own
>>
>>47402684
If you want fluffy D roll on sanctic and 6 get.
>>
>>47404291
>Chapters in the main codex are those that adhere enough to the Codex Astartes to not warrant a book of their own
And Black Templars
>>
>>47404157
Anti-taufags go and stay go
>>
>>47404315
What's the deal with Black Templars? Are they like different from the main Chapters, but not different to be a separate codex?
>>
>>47404291

I think who historically has had a codex and the amount of previoisly existing content laying around has a lot more to do with it than a principled fluff decision lIke you're implying.
>>
>>47404236
Imperial Knights

50% of your army can't do anything but sit in cover and wait
>>
>>47404355
Who the fuck even runs pure Imperial Knights?
>>
>>47404202
Come to think of it, the worst opponent I'll probably face is going to spam the shit out of wind riders. Do I just rely on riptides or are there better options?
>>
File: Loyal Tantrum.gif (418KB, 480x270px) Image search: [Google]
Loyal Tantrum.gif
418KB, 480x270px
>>47404315
>>47404328
In ye olden days they used to have their own codex back when their numbers weren't nerfed.
>>47404374
A better question is who plays Tau.
>>
>>47404328
They're a second founding chapter that once had their own codex. But when SM 6e came out they were rolled in. Some BT are still upset about it.

Just sucks for them is they use Crusader Squads, something that no Formations use. So they're kind of the red headed step child Chapter in the Codex.

Although all they really need is a "Great Crusade" company detachment. Which lets them use Crusader Squads and use preexisting Auxiliary to fill it out.
Slap it in a White Dwarf and boom.

Either that or a Warzone: Armageddon.
>>
File: BT19.jpg (497KB, 2204x2130px) Image search: [Google]
BT19.jpg
497KB, 2204x2130px
>>47404328
They used to have their own codex and in the space marine codex their troop choice is essentially a foot slogging close combat unit.

They wrapped their 5e codex into the 6e because they weren't quite different enough to warrant it.

A lot of people on /tg/ think that they only got a codex in the first place because GW was expanding into eastern europe, and eastern europeans liked the metaphor for racism that is the Black Templars
>>
>>47404374
The guy everyone hates playing with, but who we have to tolerate because he works there and gives us his employee discount
>>
>>47404328
see
>>47404340

Templars didn't get any updates for a long long time. Multiple editions, back when an edition was a long fucking time. Their codex was so old it was from a time when having a couple special characters and unusual squad sizes was considered enough for a separate book.

Filling them out with enough unique models to bring them in line with modern space marine codexes would have been a huge amount of work, and apparently no one in the design studio really likes them*. So, they just rolled them in to the big book to get them modernized right away and never have to worry about it again.

*im not being an asshole here, that's really how they make decisions abut what to work on. They have said so repeatedly.
>>
>>47404390
>A better question is who plays Tau.

A significant number of veterans and a possible plurality of new players
>>
>>47404210
Heres a quick run down.

All of them are the same with the exception of their play style and extra unique units. The ones in the base space marine book dont have their own special units with the exception of black templars. but each one has special rules that for fill a particular play style.

White Scars = lots of bikes

Raven Guard = deep striking jet pack goodness

Ultramarines = can adjust to any situation

Iron hands = Hard to kill dreadnoughts

Black Templars = GLORIOUS CLOSE COMBAT! what the fuck are boltguns? the chapter.

Imperial fists = Bolters son, bolters for days. oh and also fuck enemy tanks.

Now as for the chapters with their own book...

Grey Knights= very small elite force, each man is a born bad ass, downside is a unit of more than 5 of them is considered "large" losing even one guy is a great loss.

Dark Angles = got some sweet bikes and land speeders, also they are the only army other than Grey Knights that can have a whole army of Termies and it would actually work.

Blood Angles = good old close combat and alot of units have Furious Charge, neat characters too.

Space Wolves = Wolves upon wolves, of the wolf lords, with their wolvey friends of wolve-dom, riding on wolves, with their wolf honor, you milk solp
>>
File: 550-1981-thickbox.jpg (82KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
550-1981-thickbox.jpg
82KB, 600x600px
I'm considering running a Leman Russ Conquerer with my scions, but the Leman Russ chassis doesn't really match the army's look.

I'm thinking about using this and building the turret out of Taurox and Russ bits. What other good alternatives are there?
>>
File: Content Crusading thoughts.png (30KB, 201x281px) Image search: [Google]
Content Crusading thoughts.png
30KB, 201x281px
>>47404397
>A lot of people on /tg/ think that they only got a codex in the first place because GW was expanding into eastern europe, and eastern europeans liked the metaphor for racism that is the Black Templars
Where all da crusading women at?
>>
Are Harleys and Admech like them most half asse fucking 'armies' ever

You can barely even run them pure. The only thing I can think of is that at least they aren't Militarum Tempestus or Assassins or something
>>
>>47404374

One gut at the flgs dies, but he only breaks them out with advance notice or for big multi-player games.
>>
>>47402745
Looks incredibly boring to play against.
>>
>>47404435
AYE AYE YO HOL UP..... HOL UP YO.... WHERE DA SPESS PAGANS AT!?!

WE FINNA PULL A GLOCK ON DA MUTHA FUCKAS FO DA EMPRA.. NAH-MEAN?
>>
>>47403505
>>47403510
aww man my ork senses are tingling
battletrain incoming
>>
>>47404448
Every Guard list ever
>>
>>47404456
>>47404456
>GLOCK
Nigga, what are you talking about?
>>
File: 1335784175399.gif (455KB, 210x210px)
1335784175399.gif
455KB, 210x210px
>I play pure Legion of the Damned
how the fuck does that even work?
>>
Are the furries a good army right now?
I know they have space santa, but idk if they are good in the table-top
>>
>>47403747
WHAT!?!
*Checks instructions & box of a newly ordered LR Demolisher*

You LIE! I don't even get the statline!
>>
>>47404436
SkitMech would be perfectly viable if they had their own transport.

Even without they're enough for an army. You just buy two cheap codexes instead of one normal one.
>>
File: 1433879700878.jpg (170KB, 1024x1280px) Image search: [Google]
1433879700878.jpg
170KB, 1024x1280px
Black Templars thread?
>>
>>47404436
Revenge of Cegorach + Corpsetheif Claw is fucking broken @ 1850
>>
>>47404483
How many years are we going to have to wait before they get new codices to flesh them out enough to be on par with the rest though? Harlequins too
>>
>>47404436
AdMech is two armies split into two because of greed. Eventually they'll be combined. Expect much lamenting that they lose access to one of their two sets of activatable buffs.

Harlequins is essentially an ally minidex for the Eldar factions, much like Inquisition and Assassins are for the Imperial Factions.

Militarum Tempestus is essentially an supplement for Imperial Guard.

Aside from AdMech, none of the subfactions you mentioned should be considered or treated as real armies.
>>
>>47404471
Auto lose turn 1 due to not having any models on the board.
>>
>>47404486
It feels good to be a fanboy of the only chapter that is 100% dedicated to the emperor
>>
What armies hold no appeal to you whatsoever?

For me it's SoB, CSM, and Deldar.
>>
>>47404486
Something's wrong with power axe dude's combi bolter.
>>
>>47402745
Interesting invisible War Convocation.

As someone that started back in 4th and sees BattleScribe as a useful time-saving tool, thanks to people like you I'm starting to understand why people are so hostile to it here.
>>
>>47404512
Yeah that's why i'm confused as fuck, i'll have to call him out on his bullshit next time i see him in flgs
>>
>>47404520
SoB, Necrons, Nids and space wolves
>>
File: Sigismund_-_Emperor's_Champion.jpg (482KB, 800x789px) Image search: [Google]
Sigismund_-_Emperor's_Champion.jpg
482KB, 800x789px
>>47404516
Don't get crusading blues, brother.
>>47404528
I think the dude wanted a combi-flamer instead.
>>
one-armyfags ww@

why the fuck did i get into this hobby being this fucking poor

doesn't help that i play fucking orks
>>
>>47403404
>there's not enough room for both.
Of course there is you can always use more lasguns.
>>
>>47404490
Could you elaborate on that please?
>>
>>47404194
>Personally I'd recommend, but if you're more concerned with winning then go Tau or Eldar.
Or just marines. Easily competetive with Tau and Eldar, but without the stigma.
>>
File: dd8.jpg (116KB, 720x900px)
dd8.jpg
116KB, 720x900px
>>47404561
You just need to wait until you can go pic related.
>>
>>47404498
Harlequins can't and shouldn't be expanded anymore than they already are.

AdMech literally just needs a transport and a combined army-wide special rule. It's already a perfectly viable tier 2 army.
>>
>>47404582
>without the stigma.

"Marines should get 2W sergeants. It's not fair that another codex does."
>>
Is an inquisition main force supported by knights viable in anyway? I'm not talking top tier, just playable in a local semi-competitive sense.
>>
>>47404538
If I were him I'd get one tiny CAD for each imperium army and always set them up in a last-stand style.

Then strike in the LotD.
>>
>>47404474
Not everything yet. Anytime something gets updated or repackaged they add the unit datasheets.
>>
>>47404561
Just use Space Odin's fandex. Tone the ridiculous shit down as needed, or play as is if it's against tier one armies.
>>
>>47404597
why the fuck would you ever run a main inquisition army? they're meant to be allies to other imperium factions
>>
>>47404520
(loyalist) space marines, orkz, craftworld eldar, necrons
>>
>>47404614
Like Chaos Space Marines?
>>
>>47404592
Marines and everybody else with 10 Point upgrade sergeants should get two wounds.
>>
>>47404614
Because I really like the ability to have a lot of choice in what models I use, allows me to personalise my dudes a lot more.
>>
>>47404597
Bolter Acolytes are 5 points each and decently shooty with a psyker for prescience rerolls and 10 point plasma.
>>
>>47404580
>CCC
5 strong Talos formation - Loaded up with 5 TL Haywire blasters and ID Ichor Injectors
Unit that, while slow, is hard as steel and controls the board

>RoC
Turn 2 all units with fleet can run and charge on the same turn
Reroll all Invuls of 1

Basically once Turn 2 hits you literally have too many threats for most people to handle
>>
>>47404585
>no flyers
>>
>>47404621
A Chaos Space Marine codex intended to portray millennia-old traitor astartes commanding hordes of heretics and daemons would be fucking sick.

A book designed to portray shitty renegade astartes would be cool too even if it's not really what I like about the faction. Just pick a fucking theme, GW!
>>
>>47404655
That's what allies are for. They're BB with the entire Imperium, just grab a flyer detachment from somewhere.

Transports are different because of the FAQ.
>>
>>47404592
Alright fair, they are complaining assholes even when they pick the best cheddar they have, but they don't have the "GO FUCK YOURSELF TAU/ELDAR-FAG, WRYYYYYY" stigma, despite easily competing with them.

It is kind of nice honestly.
>>
>>47404655
I envision their flyer and their transport as being a dual-kit model. The base is a flying saucer that either carries a underslung death ray or a bunch of skitarii mag-clamped to the bottom. Have it be treated as open-topped for the occupants, and give it a grav-chute style optional deployment method.
>>
>>47404638
Or run the Psykers with Telepathy for screaming goodness
>>
>>47402957
FAQ draft says no deploying inside a battle brothers transport. That means no using flyers or drop pods for transport and a turn of getting shot before you embark if you go second.

Rumours are rife about an ad mech update and a transport vehicle but nothing solid.
>>
>>47404655
They have onager dunecrawlers. Why do they need fliers?
>>
>>47403505
Fuck yes. I need four or five boxes of those.
>>
on the TANKS ARE STRONK
what about ork walkers
>>
>>47404714
>>47404638
Is there any way to easily overcome the lack of vehicles? Would the knights be able to do that? I'm not 100% worried if it's not ultra-competitive, it's mostly for fluffy/your dudes enjoyment but I'd like to not be a stomp-fest if I put in that time to make it.
>>
File: image.jpg (749KB, 824x1121px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
749KB, 824x1121px
>>47404667
Hey man, the Chaos Gods want their raisins. In the meantime read and suffer.
>>
I really hate fellow Tau players, i really do. They arent even weebs, or gundamfags. Just manchildren, half unpainted, little to no conversion. And oh god the big robits. Yet i get looked at like a 'square peg round hole' retard because i actually play Vespids, Railsides and Kroot/FW gunline.

Then i hear the Marine player bitching about 'top tier armies played in shit ways with the shit units.' Makes me want to buy a goddamned Supremacy suit and go WAAC.

Tl;dr: why cant anyone play a fun fucking list? If you run Eldar why do you NEED spooky d ghosts?
>>
>>47404729
Tanks are not stronk. Walkers are very not stronk. Orks are extremely not stronk. Ork walkers are about as far from stronk as you can get.
>>
>>47404561
Are you me?
>>
Why doesn't Games Workshop phase out the Chaos Daemonkin codex and just make four codices for each of the Chaos Gods? They can still have a codex for CSM but like for the miscellaneous shit. They already made Khorne so what's keeping them from the rest?
>>
>>47404742
What lack of vehicles? They've got Valks, Chimeras, rhinos, landraiders.

Multiple knights plus mooks in transports to grab objectives is okay. A serious tournament army won't have any trouble fucking up multiple knights but you might get complaints in a casual meta.
>>
>>47404768
This edition has been just a monkey's paw.
>>
>>47404836
My bad, I don't know how I completely forgot the dedicated transports.
>>
>>47404821
There is no Chaos God but Khorne.
>>
>>47404631
They are the dudesiest army.
>>
>>47404520
Tyranids, loyalist SM, Space Wolfs, Chaos Demons, Space Wolfes, Space Wolfs, Khorne Demonkin. Eldar Corsair, Death Korps of Krieg ,Grey Knights and Space Wolfes.

Did I mention Space Wolfes?
>>
>>47404768
Step one: don't play with randoms

You don't hate Taufags, you hate That Guys, who are not limited to any one army
>>
>>47404787
so not stronk then but what is stronkest for ork
walkers
>>
>>47404845
Fun fact, RAW you could finagle it to take infinite dedicated transports per unit and then just not deploy in them.

Want Chimeras for Marines? Done. Valks for Skitmech? Alright. 40 point Razorback hordes? Sweet.
>>
>I'm a contrarian piece of shit who plays SoB, Inquisition, DKK, MT, Corsairs, Assassins and other non-armies because i'm a huge fucking hipster

There's always that fucking guy isn't there
>>
>>47404821
Time and laziness. Daenonkin Khorne is easy because they've use Khorne as the most vanilla Chaos god. Blood and skulls? Stereotypical red spooky daemon? Perfectly family friendly.

Then you get into the other ones and they start getting more hesitant. Nurgle is disgusting by design, but is still usually second to Khorne because its easy to make disgusting things. Tzeentch is usually after because its just standard magical stuff, but tends to lack a central theme and be esoteric and weird so it gets overlooked. Then you have Slaanesh whose best known theme is sex, and they've tried their hardest to sweep that under the rug.

The idea of having 4 separate god books is solid, it GW will muck it up because they don't treat all 4 equally as is
>>
acctually an ork walker that would be fun would be
a gorkamorkanaught ths like 13,12,12
8hp 500pts and sum fancy wepon
>>
>>47404768
Railsides seem to do way better for me at least, but maybe because everything I fight is conveniently T4 2+
>>
>>47404864
All Loyalist SM, Guard, AdMech, Daemons and Vanilla Eldar

t. Necron, DE and Corsair player
>>
File: abusive.jpg (3MB, 1800x4478px) Image search: [Google]
abusive.jpg
3MB, 1800x4478px
>>47404908
for >>47404520
>>
>>47404889
>I can't handle when people play shit armies because they like them
>>
What armies have you started collecting in 2016, or plan to start with the remainder of 2016?

If you've not started any new army this year, then you're probably a delightful person but your feedback isn't relevant at this point in time
>>
>>47404894
>The idea of having 4 separate god books is solid,
No it isn't. Just make one good CSM dex and call it a day.
>>
>>47403952
>mixing special weapons on a squad with no Split Fire
What the fuck
Just split them into double flamer and double gravgun squads
>>
>>47404932
I started this year full stop with stock Cadians. I plan to build them up until I have a solid 1500 point army that I can just go in and play and not worry about getting stomped in a casual game. Oh and having them painted nicely.
>>
>>47404520
There aren't too many armies I'd never want, but I'd say Grey Knights, Dark Angels, Blood Angels, and Imperial Guard are probably my lowest priority
>>
>>47404520
Any space marines. Something about how they're GW's special snowflake little child makes me not want to get them. I don't blame those that do, I'm sure there's some good lore there.
>>
>>47404933
You either have no idea what you're talking about or you're fucking retarded. The single biggest problem with the current CSM codex is that it's trying to represent way too many disparate factions. Four daemonkin codexes would enable CSM to redouble it's attention on the undivided Legions and the less-warp touched renegades.
>>
>>47405000
What it would also do would be basically 'making' four new factions with the gods which are all fairly distinct from each other which i think is pretty cool, especially if they're allowed to be fleshed out and expanded upon more
>>
>>47405050
>
tat's true but they could just make CSM great again
>>
>>47403854
No retard, it was shat on for killing WHFB
>>
>>47403854
>AoS got shat on for free rules and simplifying them.

AoS "simplified" its rules to the point that you physically could no longer play the game.

The very core of 40k's rules is simple enough, it's all the special rules and edge interactions that make it complicated (what happens if a vehicle flat-outs and then jinks and then a passenger gets out and tries to fire a blast as a snapshot at a zooming Flying Monstrous Creature).

The basics of movement, shooting, and melee are fine.

But they're not free. They're $85 new in your FLGS. That's obscene.
>>
>>47404520
Tau and any flavor of SM
>>
>>47404957
>Blood Angels and Grey Knights seem coolest to me
>most people have this opinion instead
I cry ery time
>>
>>47405152
>Blood Angels and Grey Knights seem coolest to me

Would you consider yourself sexually repressed?
>>
>>47403854
AoS got shat on for not having any real rules. No one was arguing that 8th WHFB wasn't a cancerous mess that needed serious work on it but AoS threw the baby out with the bath water.
>>
Are Black Legion the only Undivided Legion with unique shit? Iron Warriors and Night Lords seem cooler but they look to be all fluff
>>
>>47405160
No but I do oddly tend to pick very common choices or.. like... main characters. I almost always roll Human in any fantasy RPG, I prefer the sword as a weapon in RPGs over others like bows, spears, maces, etc.
>>
>>47405170
Not him, but
>No one was arguing WHFB wasn't a mess
I don't think you go on /tg/. I've just been laughing from the sidelines at the chaos. I've heard people praise WHFB to the high heavens simply because it's gone.
>>
>>47405179
If you think that a handful relics and a few near-useless formations are unique shit, and not the same kind of bland, then yes
>>
>>47405152
>>most people have this opinion instead
thats the other ppls opinion. If you like them, start an army with either, most who answered probably would not want them for the models or fluff but are perfectly fine when some other player has them.
>>
>>47405203
Of course people would praise it post humorously when it's sat next to age of shitmar, I bet most of them were the guys bitching endlessly about it as well.

For all it's faults it was an ok game, it just needed someone to really shake it up a bit.
>>
>>47404932
I started Tau and a buddy started Orks but then also started IG when he read online about Orks
>>
With the new FAQ in effect, can I take 2 different relics on 2 separate models?
>>
>>47405152
I just don't like the whole Vampires in Space angle or how Special Snowflake Grey Knights are personally
>>
>>47404932
I plan on starting a Sisters of Battle force and a small Marine army. Hopefully I don't get tempted to start anything else
>>
>>47405305
>Sisters of Battle
LUL
>>
File: Lords of the Black Crusade.png (2MB, 1117x909px) Image search: [Google]
Lords of the Black Crusade.png
2MB, 1117x909px
>>47403974
That's not his goal. His WoTDM says that his goal other than serving Khorne is to destroy the Imperium. Abaddon often lures him into his armies by promising him that he will shed countless gallons of imperial blood.

>>47403870
>>47403926
>>47404002
>>47404054
Kharn is just acting hard to get. He will fall in eventually.
>>
>>47405249
Oh I already have this battleforce and am waiting for my wallet to regenerate before I put it together and start painting. I also have the Dark Angels half of the Dark Vengeance starter it that I'm going to try converting to Blood Angels (or I might just be an asshole, leave the models alone, but paint them BA colors). The Dark Angel army already has its equipment set, no option to customize the loadout... but for the Battleforce I'm trying to figure out what would be the biggest amount of rape to lay down on my friend who only has the CSM side of Dark Vengeance. For the Tactical Squad I've been told Heavy Flamer and Flamer is bueno tier but I forget what the suggestion was for the sergeant. As for the Captain, I really want to give him a hand-flamer and lightning claw. I'll mainly be playing against my friend so points aren't really an issue and I'm currently not looking to buy any new models until I get these first ones painted so drop pods and skyravens are gonna have to wait.
>>
File: 1397507217725.jpg (25KB, 500x365px) Image search: [Google]
1397507217725.jpg
25KB, 500x365px
Question for you lads, any one of you fags from Croatia? Does a warhammer scene even exist here?
>>
>>47405386
>Croatia

Why

Leave
>>
How are you supposed to deal with flyrants?

I could imagine any army I make able to take on one, maybe two at the most.

But 5? That just seems impossible!
>>
>>47405374
Speaking of just painting units red, are Blood Ravens the easiest chapter to make? You literally just get any model and slap their colors on it. Make up personal fluff like "oh yeah, they got this Dark Angels armor as a gift after the Siege of Garganos. No record of this transaction exists however"
>>
>>47405424
Every army is easy when you're that lazy about it.

If you put work into a "looted" magpies army it would look really cool
>>
>>47405000
I feel like formations and death Nets could easily fix this problem. Give every major legion + recon airs a 5 unit formation with a couple of big special rules and you could add in a lot of flavor.
>>
How many points is the skitarii start collecting box?
>>
God damn it, Captcha...

>>47405386
You might be surprised, just have to keep trying. It might be tiny, but there are workarounds if all fails.
>>
>>47405179
Black legion is an overrated hack job.
As a Black Legion player it only adds fluff, the rules don't help to enhance the black legion asthetic at all.
>>
File: $_35.jpg (14KB, 300x215px) Image search: [Google]
$_35.jpg
14KB, 300x215px
Alright, so someone was kind enough to buy me one of these guys for my recent birthday. Problem is, I don't play Chaos.

I am however an excellent painter and considered painting it up and selling it on Ebay but I have no idea if there's a Market for this model and if there is, what weapon load out? I could always magnetize all the gear as well as an option...

thoughts?
>>
>>47405543
Hellbrute
Has no gameplay value
Also it's the shitty mono-pose version
>>
>>47405553
>mono-pose
just the pic i grabbed. i've got the normal one. But yeah i figured these things are fairly worthless.
>>
>>47405543
GW sells it for $54 unpainted but with all the other pieces.
>>
What are the most popular armies?

Least popular?
>>
Should I start with Grey Knights or Skitarii

Love both but what would make for a better no-allies army, just picking up the hobby so I'll be sticking with small games for a bit
>>
>>47405584
Apparently Grey Knights aren't well supported or something so I guess Skitarii would be better. In the end just build what you like and have fun.
>>
What the fuck is with all the newshitters today? Fucking christ, use google and common sense you fucks
>>
>>47405617
Calm your autism and change your tampon.
>>
>>47405573
>>
>>47405617
>being so autistic that you can't ignore anonymous posts
>>
>>47403371
Bitch rubrics are awesome
>>
>>47405617

How about you skedaddle the fuck outta here Johnboy?
>>
>>47405374
>being an asshole

No ones gonna give a fuck game wise. A marine is a marine and you're not going to see the little badges on the shoulders when you're actually playing.
>>
>>47405543
They are shit in 40k.very low demand for them.

Just make it organic, remove the guns, sell it as a Korgorath for Age of Sigmar.

Or turn it into a daemon prince
>>
>>47405269
Yes, just not two different relics on the same model.
>>
>>47405654
plagues are better anyways
nurgle daemonkin codex when?
>>
>>47405584
Both GK and Skitarii have about the same number of kits, but Skitarii have much more FW support via the Mechanicius.

And my guess is Skitarii will be getting more support than GKs in the future.
>>
>>47405669
Well I don't know how seriously people take these games. What if I end up playing against some quantafaggot like >>47405617
and he starts breathing heavy and raging because I put the wrong colors on a unit
>>
>>47405287
I wish blood angels were different enough to be vampire counts in space and not just vampires.
I don't know how to do that without making it ridiculous, maybe make their captains psykers for that whole super warrior wizard aesthetic that librarians just don't quite fulfill for me but then that would be super heretical and never allowed in a loyalist chapter.
>>
>>47405700
He's gonna be a faggot either way. If it's not that, he'll find some other way to be no fun to play against.
>>
>>47403505
>>47403510
It would be cool if they also had those circular containers from DoW 1
>>
>>47405718
>I wish blood angels were different enough to be vampire counts in space

Fuck you

Keep stupid fantasy armies in fantasy

Don't keep porting more over
>>
>>47402779
>oiled by blood
That's neither how oil nor blood works
>>
>>47405826
The CSM take Patton's words WAY too seriously.
>>
File: calgar.jpg (831KB, 669x960px) Image search: [Google]
calgar.jpg
831KB, 669x960px
>>47402827
That's why he keeps dinosaurs around to watch his flanks

Also, theyre good writing desks
>>
>>47404982
Same.

I love the concept, and I love some of the factions (dem black templars), but i keep looking at these beautiful miniatures and feel... Nothing.
>>
>>47405826
that's not an mere chainaxe anon; that's a chain axe made with the teeth of mica dragons, forged and broken by a primarch, dosed in the blood of at least a million men/women/daemons/robots

also it's a chaos weapon so i wouldn't be surprised if it has some deamonic bits and it's also made during the great crusade so it probably has some advanced tech
>>
>>47405928
It was made during the crusade, and none of the Techpriests found Kharn's request for a Chainaxe "Capable of being oiled by the blood of my enemies!" disconcerting?

Actually, now that I think about it they were probably impressed by his request. "He wants us to find a way to make his axe self-maintaining. He's so pragmatic!"
>>
>>47403243
>Codex Genestealer Cults
>Codex Deathwatch

>>47403505
>>47403510

Is anyone else thinking of making a Deathwatch vs. Genestealer Cult game based around a ship's cargo hold filled with Armoured containers?

The Marines would have to sweep the stacks of armoured containers to figure out where the Cultists are hiding, with genestealers bursting out of the armored containers they're hiding in to attack them.

It would be pretty sweet.
>>
My local GW only plays 1500 points, so my usual dark eldar list won't fit. Thinking of doing something a bit silly, but hopefully fairly competitive against non-tournament lists:

Covenite Coteries Detachment:
Haemonculus, WWP x3
Grotesquesx7
Grotesquesx7
Grotesquesx6
Talosx2
Talosx2

Plan is to hold backline obj with the talos until grotesques start coming in and punching everything.

Will I get assblasted by everything or am I alright for a 6/10 in terms of competitiveness
>>
>>47405690
Better mechanically, sure, but looks and fluff go to rubrics
>>
>>47403336
That's because Orks were the first of '7th' edition. Meaning they will be the 'last' to be updated before an edition change and since the meme mill say 8th in 2017, it's likely to be the first of 8th as well.
>>
>>47403336
Not really. The Age of Skubmar shit is probably just re-boxing and will be a week or two at best for each 'release'.

The 'revamp' is the most curious and seems to imply a 3-4 weeker.

The only way that list is 'rest of 2016' is if literally every single one of those is 3 weeks long.
>>
for the eurofags

29 euro (shipping price included) for two Krieg commissars is a good price?
>>
>>47404448
That's the guard for you. It's either a firing line of tanks, or a super massive horde of cheap infantry, as the primary component of your army. After that you add on your choice support units, which is pretty much "Do you want artillery or air support?" There really aren't many other options that work.
>>
>>47402878
Tau are not a top army. The only reason people think this is that they show strong against Eldar. Well constructed Imperium armies crush them. Always.
>>
>>47404520
Any type of Eldar, any type of Marines other than GK, Pure daemons, or IG.

I play Orks and GK.
>>
>>47403219
Bring back squats. I'd buy them.
>>
>>47404614
Because 165 space monkeys with lascannons/meltas/heavy flamers are hilarious.
>>
>>47406398
That doesn't necessarily make fighting them boring. Its just a case of guard players being a rather static army. Tanks move 6" and generally want to be far away from the enemy anyways or else risk being flanked. Gunlines are, well, gunlines. Mech armies though, centered around hellhounds and chimeras with Valkyrie support, can be very dynamic. Much more movement, much more maneuvering to get those melta shots, and much more close combat. And sense Chimera-derived units have the same side and front armor they aren't shy about getting in your face.
>>
>>47406407
>it's a Taufag tries to direct the narrative so people don't mind playing them by claiming they're not a 'top army' episode

This is one of my favourites. Re-run so many times, but still funny.
>>
>>47404520
Tau, Newcrons, Ultramarines. CSM.
>>
>>47403387
>
If you're playing against tau, you will make them cry by building a list that has 2 or more viable assaults on turn 2. This means either drop pods or jump infantry.

Look at your dex and figure out what can do this.

you have to live through 1-2 turns of shooting. If you can do this, you're golden.
>>
>>47406407
Riptides are top army
Tau less so
>>
>>47404105
asshat, he said it was a tournament, not a seal-clubbing expedition at the local middle school..
>>
>>47406407
>tfw play Mech guard
>tfw never gotten a chimera past the mid board.
>>
>>47403202
Wait broadsides don't have fire team, what are you smoking?
>>
>>47406606
Fliers and drop troopers for guard. Ghostkeels are ID by battlecannons, raped by wyrvens. Guard actually have range on the deadliest tau shooting. Take second turn and deploy better. get gud. IG is the one force that can shoot it out with the tau.
>>
>>47406597
your colorful metaphore made me laugh.
>>
>>47406549
I acutally think that stormsurges are way more problematic than riptides. If you catch it in cc, you will mulch it with any serious assault unit. The SS is tougher due to the invulnerable that everybody loves, fnp and stomps.
>>
How do i deal with flyrants?

I could take one or maybe even two, but 5?

seems impossible.
>>
>>47403501

That one unit has more character than the entire Stormcast Eternal range
>>
>>47406769

What army do you play?
>>
>>47406758
They're both OP for different seasons.

>Riptide
>JSJ/Fast Movement
>Even if you catch it, will suffer AP2 melee hits
>Can be equipped with FnP

>SS
>Tougher
>Easier to catch, but if you catch you also have AP2 + Stomp
>FnP is standard
>Cannot be ID'd
>>
>>47406730
Fliers and drop troops get blown the fuck out by all the suits with OPTIONAL skyfire and interceptor. Getting killed by a battlecannon implies you didn't get your crazy cover save and Wyverns are shite against small units with high toughness. You can kill off a majority of good IG shooting with a single shot, the best Tau shooting has decent toughness, multiple wounds and a good armour save.
>>
>>47406769
loads of skyfire or other fliers

what do you play?
>>
>>47406769
Depends on your army. Unless you're Grey Knights or Blood Angels, your army will have a dedicated Anti-Air unit. Either ground based vehicles, or a flyer which is designed for air superiority. If you use Death in the Skies, that flyer will be even more potent (but, conversely, less able to deal with ground, so it's a trade off, but since you have 5 Flyrants to deal with, I don't think you'll care).

If you play Tau, you'll be able to deal with them easily.
>>
>>47406837
>>47406899
>>47406902
I play space marines
>>
>>47406923
I am going to pick up 2 stormtalen gunships and 3 hyperios missile taratulas, but i know that isn't enough, even with the raptor formation that lets the gunships come in on turn 2.
>>
File: BA army.png (420KB, 676x6092px) Image search: [Google]
BA army.png
420KB, 676x6092px
So this is basically everything I have. I'll mainly be playing against a friend who is also new to the game so points don't matter too much right now. His force does equal about 532 points, what units should I use for maximum fun? Probably going to start with Purge The Alien games at the start before getting in to missions.
>>
File: HHBetrayalAtCalthMinis_Slot21.jpg (565KB, 950x463px) Image search: [Google]
HHBetrayalAtCalthMinis_Slot21.jpg
565KB, 950x463px
Does anyone plays it?
>>
>>47406865

>Take IG artillery formation
>Spam Basilisks
>Laugh as all your shots ignore their suit's armour and cover with ID

>Take an armored battlegroup ally detachment
>Take a vanquisher commander with beast-killer shells
>ID Riptides

>Die to stormsurge still
>>
Should I keep expanding my tau to include more competitive options or should I start another army with the intentions of building it competitively?
>>
>>47406865
An addendum to this is that drop armies got fucked even harder by the FAQ clarifying that you can shoot ALL units that have arrived from deep strike in that turn, so one unit shoots down the Valkyrie and another murderkills the flimsy guardsmen within. All in their turn. Same thing with drop pods, although you would have to kill the drop pod before targeting the contents.
>>
>>47404611
Happy to say I'm actually in the process of toning down the last of the ridiculous shit.

No at-initiative S8 AP2, no BS4 TL Lootas unless you take pretty big point-sinks. Deffguns are Salvo D3/D3+1 (max 3), & the formation lets them re-roll half of their misses rather than full TL.
>>
>>47406974
I'd bring the furioso and the librarian, just so the two of you can get a bit of practice with psychic and vehicle rules. Add the two tactical squads to that and you're at 595.
>>
>>47407054
Go with the one you will love more, since people will grumble either way.

Sticking with Tau will open up more army building options for smaller games and let you try many different strategies with your army.

Starting a new army will let you play self-contained games at home with curious friends or yourself.
>>
File: fuck flyers.jpg (79KB, 800x680px) Image search: [Google]
fuck flyers.jpg
79KB, 800x680px
>>47406923
step up your game battle brother; get a Deredeo

>>47407054
how big is your tau army? if you're at 2k or so you're pretty much done building the army. might be a good idea to start a new army
>>
>>47406923
Willing to take Allies? If so, then I have the perfect solution to your problem.

If not, then I believe the AA units you have are pretty decent.

Run the Anti-Air Force formation.

x1 Hunter
x2 Stalkers

Rule: If you're Hunter scores a hit against a flyer or a flying monstrous creature, your Stalkers in the formation add 1 to it's BS for the remainder of the phase
>>
>>47407089

I am happy to hear this! I really love your codex, but I have to say some things were over the top. Good to hear lootas are being toned down.
>>
>>47407168
>Willing to take Allies? If so, then I have the perfect solution to your problem.
willing to consider it, sure.
>>
>>47407089
I kind of liked Lootas being less random, though I agree that they needed a change. Still a solid improvement from where they are now though
>>
>>47406923
I posted >>47407168 I forgot to ask if you're allowed to take Forge World, as my question about Allies requires that. Furthermore, as >>47407146 pointed out, the Deredeo is one of the best AA units Space Marines can get. Hell, even Blood Angels can have it (Dunno about Grey Knights, sadly) and it adds ground base AA to Space Wolves and Dark Angels (though both have good Anti Air flyers, SW especially, potential ID units with Toughness value is great).

But if you're willing to take allies, there is even better stuff out there.
>>
>>47402745
as an ABG player:

- The usual use for vets in a centaur in an ABG list are as melta or plasma torpedoes. in your current configuration they won't be doing you much good.

- Squadroning your tanks is not recommended. There are numerous formations, squads, and single models that will destroy a squadron of leman russes quite easily - split those squads up to ensure better durability. That said, your tank selection is actually not too bad. If you have 5 points you can spare, put infernus shells on that company command tank so it can moonlight as an Eradicator.

- With your Knight, you may want to find a way to take it without the war convocation marker to avoid confusing people.

other than that, it's a good starting place for an ABG. go forth my fellow tread head
>>
>>47406923
Basically this >>47407146
You can't go wrong with a Deredeo.
Take the plasma version for some real brutality against flying monstrous creatures.
>>
>>47407051
Oh sure, a formation that half consists of units that have ONE turn of usability before you get too close for them to hit, and is completely nullified with the destruction of a single Chimera and its contents. And Vanquishers are a meme, I've never had a single one make up their points cost. And that implies that the riptide didn't take a shield, which they always do
>>
>>47407234
derp, your CCT is a vanquisher. disregard the infernus shell tip.
>>
File: manticore.png (456KB, 1420x926px) Image search: [Google]
manticore.png
456KB, 1420x926px
>>47407211
I also posted >>47407228 to ask about Forge World. But, assuming you are. Then Imperial Guard have a premium AA unit in picture related. However, it is likely a thing you wouldn't want to do. It's still a thing to keep in mind if you play lots of flyers.

Since, obviously, a 120" range S9 AP2 missile that re-rolls misses against flyers and skimmers is great. They're able to be taken in groups of 3 in one 'choice'. So 300 points gives you 3 of those a turn (only problem is, limited ammo, but 12 S9 AP2 missiles should be enough to down enough)
>>
>>47407118
Thank you, now I just need to build them..
>>
>>47407277
>>47407211
Wait, disregard. I don't think that'll target Flyrants. But, still, decent enough for normal flyers.
>>
>>47407328
It can shoot flyrants but it won't get a reroll from heat seeker.
>>
>>47407249
This. Basilisk are shit. Which is awful, since I love the model.

Yhe min36 range means that you're going to be firing directly most of the time.

To be honest, a LRBT does a better job of long range artillery, since for 25pts more you get AV14 instead of AV12 open topped. On a 6x4 board 72 inch range is effectively infinite, paying to be able to shoot up to 240 inches is pointless out side of Apoc.
>>
>>47407277
>>47407247
>>47407228

Well like i said, I'm running 2 stormtalen gunships w/skyhammer guaranteed to come in on turn 2 and 3 hyperios missile tarantula sentry turrets.

The Duredo seems cool but is a huge point sink, its nice that it can do anti air and throw S7 AP2 5" pie plates, but it is very expensive for a walker.

The Manticore is also very expensive, 100 points is nearly 25 points per missile. You only get four shots and can only dump one missile a turn instead of firing all 4 at once. I feel like I would almost certainly be better off with the standard space marine anti-air options.
>>
>>47407350
Oh. That's alright then.

The alternative is taking x3 Hydra Flakk Batteries. Which are 50 points each. Each have x2 Twin-Linked Auto Cannons, which are S7 AP4, Skyfire, Heavy 2. So 4 shots each. Also have the auto-target special rule, which means the target doesn't get bonuses from Supersonic or Jink. It also says "prevent it from moving Flat Out". So the target can never move Flat Out? The rule is oddly worded.
>>
New thread
>>47407539

>>47407539

>>47407539
>>
>>47405399
Have you ever been to Croatia?

It's okay. But if you're not on the coast then what the fuck are you doing there, go west to glorious Austria.
>>
>>47407277
It seems alright, with the normal missiles, but why take it over the Hyrda?
>>
>>47407529
See >>47407541 for alt option. 150 points will give you 12 S7 AP4 Skyfire shots a turn, twin-linked, which also mean target doesn't get jink or supersonic bonuses. Also seems to imply the target cannot move Flat Out as well.

Obviously these cannot move as they are platforms, but 72" range is good.
>>
>>47407529
>deredeo is expensive

wait, 185 is expensive? i feel like i'm spoiled playing chaos daemons since everything i take is that much or 300 for a decent daemon prince set up
>>
>>47407541
>>47407571
Ignoring jink is less advantageous when firing an AP4 gun at a flyrant though...
>>
>>47407625
True. I've made a reply in the new thread, the Stalker is similar, but replaces the ignores bonuses with Interceptor and loses one less shot. Same weapon stat. The Stalker is 2 less strength than the Manticore.

As far as I can remember, you can only take 1 per choice in an ally list. Otherwise, he could take 6 platforms for 300 points compared to 4 of the Stalkers.
>>
>>47406923
If you dont mind buying 3 of the same model hunters are the best choice vs anything flying short of flying daemon princes with iron arm.
>Flesh bane skyfire weapon when
>>
>>47407550
Isn't too early?
>>
>>47407602
I know how you feel I spend between 95-150 points for each two wound t3 herald of Tzeentch I bring.
>>
>>47407457
>basilisks are shit
confirmed, they are trash. grab a Dominus instead.
>>
>>47404821
Because people seem to forget that the sole reason they even thought about the KDK dex is because they weren't sure if they could get away with just adding new data sheets for the new bloodthirsters
Which is why they go out of their way to make sure you have to buy at least one to run it properly
>>
>>47407788
Page 9 and nearly 400 replies?
Nope. Not too early at all.
>>
>>47403662

thanks for the laugh mate

>bolters and religious design on shipping containers...
>>
>>47404768

Most Eldar players on /tg/ run Aspectdar from what I'm hearing. Not that this does anything to quell the cries for knife ear blood. This board will be angry about elves no matter what.
>>
>>47407857
95 points for a level 3 psyker is outrageous though, especially when they can summon even more daemons for free.
Thread posts: 390
Thread images: 42

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.