[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Horus Heresy General /hhg/

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 345
Thread images: 65

File: image.jpg (243KB, 816x545px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
243KB, 816x545px
Horus Bearesy Edition
Friday night Power Comdey Hour with Tarik Sub-Edition
In the previous thread a new form of Exterminatus was made, just how many attacks loyalist WE need to chew up their papa was listed, beep boop beep boop beep, the Order of The Sigimunds was formed, a newbie got help, which legions were the comfiest was debated and so much more in the old bread >>47341566
Red Book Links:
https://sys.4chan.org/derefer?url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww2.zippyshare.com%2Fv%2Fs15Jqk1t%2Ffile.html
https://sys.4chan.org/derefer?url=https%3A%2F%2Fmega.nz%2F%23!Jx1UGCTI!vMJN89z7p8tiEC7YOAj477g6RxDtJ7culVLF3q3godg
HH Book 6 - Retribution PDF:
http://www.mediafire.com/download/8aqx9j3a8erqv8d/The_Horus_Heresy_Book_6_-_Retribution.pdf or
https://sys.4chan.org/derefer?url=https%3A%2F%2Fkat.cr%2Fthe-horus-heresy-book-6-retribution-pdf-t12199249.html
HHG FAQ - http://pastebin.com/iUqNrrA8
Official HH 7th Edition Errata (Updated January 2016) - http://www.forgeworld.co.uk/resources/fw_site/fw_pdfs/Horus_Heresy/Horus_Heresy_7th_Edition.pdf
Other official downloads: http://www.forgeworld.co.uk/Downloads#horusheresy
HH Rules:
Crusade Army List: http://www.mediafire.com/download/1lprm5vd99yafa3/
Mechanicum Taghmata Army List: https://mega.nz/#!LFwTjQ7B!mF0eVOY8P1MPT0a-QSXypXo_ZfskhYynD41PrkaTbD8
30k/40k Rules: https://mega.nz/#F!pFgm0RKR!J06C1gVYcjzNGsF8YNLsjQ!EVh0GZZS
30k/40k Rules and more (torrents): https://kat.cr/usearch/%22Forge%20World%22%20heresy%20user:epistolary/
30k Black Library: https://mega.nz/#F!0RlxDZQC!qAu9BaubWa3KeihJRmOcsg
>>
First for the Fist! Thoughts on Phalanx wardens?
>>
>>47363215
Are they worth taking them over breachers?
>>
The Stone Gauntlet: so your Breachers can pretend to be slower Iron Hands Assault squads (under certain conditions)
>>
>>47363257
The way I see them is as Breachers with the option for axes and plasma guns, as well as a boost to WS when charged. Eh, it's a bit of a subtle change.

>>47363301
They keep the +1T in assault, when they're charged. IH -1 to enemy Toughness is only against shooting attacks.

>>47363228
>>47363234
>>47363273
>>47363302
It's fine, threadbro made a better summation than I did.

I forgot about the Order of the Sigismunds.
That was hilarious.
>>
File: Burn_baby_burn.jpg (98KB, 575x633px) Image search: [Google]
Burn_baby_burn.jpg
98KB, 575x633px
>>47363333
Thanks quad-3.
>Being featured 3 consecutive times on threadbro's summaries
Aaaaaay, I'm on fire!

>They keep the +1T in assault
->
>(under certain conditions)

There's one thing I don't understand about IH Immortals. Are the Volkite snapshots better than the chance to Sweep, especially since they both test for Ld? I don't think so.
>>
>>47363333
By the grace of the Emperor and a full moon on Terra The Order of The Sigismunds may combine their powers to become The One True Sigismund.
>>
>>47363391
>Are the Volkite snapshots better than the chance to Sweep, especially since they both test for Ld?

Nope.

If it was just the option to shoot after victory in assault, and/or it was guaranteed to succeed, it'd be a nice variation on the Terminator no sweeps rule, but the choice is basically between staying put and having a chance to do some damage in doing so, or defeat the whole unit.
>>
I have another question on making that surreal planet guys. It's obvious that it would be a death world with blimp sharks, psychic sharks in the oceans, ammonia and sulfuric acid raining from the sky but would what sort of funk would have it have on the population? Would having semi-sentient shakes screaming in their dreams drive them crazy, or make them immune to psychic funk?
>>
Beep for the Boop God.

How would you improve on the Iron Circle Rules to make them worth taking over Tyrant Terminators?
>>
>>47363858
Give them the ability to deep strike and teleport to Pert?
>>
File: Order of the Sigismunds.png (3MB, 2856x576px) Image search: [Google]
Order of the Sigismunds.png
3MB, 2856x576px
>>47363474
>Here come the Sigismunds
>It's the Ordo Sigg, uh, here come the Ordo Sigg.
>Here come the Sigismunds,
>They won't let you surrender
>Nah nah nah.

>The good guys are loyal, remember that
>Just in case we ever face to face in close combat
>The title held by me, the-Big-Sigg.
>Means your invulnerable save didn't succeed
>So don't blink be your character there now's gone
>The black swords with the Laurels on
>Walk in Terra, issue a challenge
>Guard the Throneworld against the traitor's violence

>But yo we ain't on no Malcador's list
>We straight serve big E - singled out by our Weapon Skill
>Saw somethin' strange, watch your back
>'Cause you never quite know where the Ordo Sig is at

>Uh, eh

>They're Terra's defenders.
>Oho oho oho
>They won't let you surrender
>Aha, aha

>Now, From the deepest of the Old Night
>On the horizon, bright light enters sight tight
>Bolt rounds zoom, on the impending doom
>But then like BOOM Templar Troops fill the room up

>With extra Initiative, assault with the enemies
>Slayer of Kings, Dolorous Fighter
>Enemy Warlords become my VP's
>We're the Imperial Fists, can we please

>Do what we say, that's they way we kick it
>D'ya know what I mean
>I see my Black Sword get wicked on ya

>We're your first, last and only line of defense
>Against the traitor scum of the universe
>So don't fear us, cheer us
>If you ever get near us, don't jeer us, we're Fearless

>Ordo Sig freezin' up all the flack
>What's "Sig" stand for?
>SI-GIS-MUND

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fiBLgEx6svA
>>
>>47363858
2+, Deep Strike, and transportability.

They're already expensive, but their armour resistance is lower than those of meatbags less than half their size, which makes no sense. They're already expensive enough to exceed a TS squad for value for their cost.

The most obvious flaw is their lack of mobility.
Being able to deep strike would be great, but since Dreads can fit in drop pods and even some other vehicles, it'd be stupid if you couldn't shove at least one in a drop pod or a land raider.

Eternal Warrior and fearless would be good, though I don't remember the rules of MCs well at all, so these might be covered already.
>>
>>47363937
Thanks for the laugh, Anon, but there's one issue. The video's not available in my country. Just how a Men in Black video isn't available in Freedom Land is beyond me. Well night, guys. Don't let the bed Scoria bite. Hopefully the full moon will be in tactical assault mode to keep me safe.
>>
>>47363976
I don't get it, it's the official source. Fucking Kelbor Hal.
Sleep tight anon, may Autek's Moon protect you from scoriapions.
>>
>>47364008
Thanks. Sweet dreams, /tg/!
>>
>>47363955
They're already Fearless (and cause Fear), but they don't have EW. I'd prefer a 3++ over a regular 2+ desu.
And being able to deepstrike by themselves, of course. If we need to pay for that then we'd be better off with a Land Raider SQUADRON.
>>
File: AngryDreadIsAngry.jpg (2MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
AngryDreadIsAngry.jpg
2MB, 3264x2448px
Sup guys, so I just started my World Eaters formal project's phase one. I had about 1500 painted before this but am getting right into the swing of things now.

Over the next few months I'll be making 4000+ points of World Eaters. I'll post updates everynow and then and ask rules questions as I learn. For now though I will leave you with my new Contemptor. I posted the axe on here a month or so ago but finally just got to put it to use.

Cheers mates! Keep on killin!
>>
File: AngryDreadIsAngry.jpg (624KB, 1224x1632px) Image search: [Google]
AngryDreadIsAngry.jpg
624KB, 1224x1632px
>>47364190
Shit is came out sideways! Here is hoping it comes out better...
>>
>>47363813
Adamantium Will fo sho. Maybe Deny the Witch on an effective 4+, like some sort of psychic Catachan. With Miral Skysharks
>>
>>47363937
That armor is embossed, not engraved.
>>
What loadouts do people use for contemptors? I'm thinking of fielding 3 with my Maru Skara and I want them all to be uniquely kitted out based on potential roles in life. My thoughts were
>Chainfist and CCW, heavy flamers, havoc launcher, and extra armour
Some sort of terminator veteran in life, possibly phoenix guard or a captain
>Twin-linked Volkite culverin, CCW
Probably a veteran of Terra who was used to volkite weapons
>Autocannon and CCW
Probably a line captain or first company sergeant, good all rounder with no particular specialization
Gamewise my only real need is for them to be able to kill tanks since my list is infantry heavy and lacks much in the way of anti-tank.
>>
>>47364190
>>47364208

If you're going to do that you might as well join a forum or facebook group. Also might want to make your photos B&W so people won't immediately recognize you're buying recasts.
>>
>>47364563
The only reason the tripfag is posting here is because he is using recasts.
>>
>>47363391
No, just sweep.

>>47363858
>>47363888
Yeah, let them deep strike. Done and done.
>>
>>47363937
>Men in black.
Isn't that the Salamanders?
>>
>>47364208
That is one helluva can opener.
>>
Hi, I'm new to the Warhammer 40k and I really want to get an army or squad together. The grey knights caught my eye and was wondering if they're any good?
>>
>>47364995
Good is objective, friend. You've found yourself in a Horus Heresy thread, I'm afraid. Similar idea, but there are no grey knights here.

You should have better luck in the 40k general.
>>
>>47365019
Thanks friend appreciate the response
>>
>>47365193
That's not Magnus though
>>
>>47365211
>Doing what Curze wants
Shiggy diggy beepy boopy.
>>
>Read the Girlyman Primarch novel
>Girlyman is haunted by he has done
>The destruction of Lorgar's city filled him with guilt. Such beauty and wonder gone
>The look of distraught over Lorgar's face and the despair of the city's people stuck with him
>This causes him to stop the exterminatus of an Ork infested world because it contains the ruins of a human city
>He vows to defeat the Orks and take the ruins
>He vows that he will rebuild that city to glory in order to wash the stigma and guilt of being destroyers from the Ultramarines, and return to being what they were meant to be builders.

The Emperor sure likes to traumatize his sons. He should have picked Russ or Angron for the job
>>
>>47365193
I hate loyalists, they're largely a bunch of pussies, and even I can't bring myself to hate Sanguinius. Guilliman sure, Ferrus maybe, Lion possibly. But not Sanguinius.

Blood Angels get a lot of hate, some of it is deserved but they're nowhere near the worst.

At least he didn't listen to Erebus, the sketchiest fucker in the Imperium, like some other baldy chump.
>>
Alright, picking up a betrayal at calth box in the next few weeks to start an Iron Warriors army, aside from ordering a heavy weapons kit or two from FW, does anyone have suggestions of what to expand the army with? Quad mortars maybe?
>>
>>47365561
Medusas.
>>
Looks like there isnt a scan of the updated legions book, or is it just not in the OP? Anyway does anybody have screenshots of the new World Eaters book?

Also any ideas on how to make chainaxes work with the B@C marines? Might be a bad idea since the arms are made for bolters
>>
File: 1389985951244.jpg (155KB, 703x551px) Image search: [Google]
1389985951244.jpg
155KB, 703x551px
>Tfw your favorite ebay recaster is ded
>>
>>47365662
Only plebs order through ebay and not direct anon.
>>
>>47365669
>Direct

You mean Z? Cause he's the only one I can get anything out of and his stuff is garbage, even at 80% off retail.

Some of the guys on ebay do some really good work in decent resin for like 40-50% off
>>
>>47365662
get pillpitts info, only got a single test model from him so far but the mini was perfect and also cheaper than everybody but Z ( who has far inferior Quality)
>>
>>47365685
I'm talking about the guy who used to be WarDream and CCON.

Also you probably don't realize that the guys on ebay are just reselling recasters' works.
>>
>>47365685
>40-50% off

Holy shit, you're paying that much for recasts?
>>
>>47365662
Surprised people are still dumb enough to sell recasts on ebay. Way too much of a paper trail.
>>
File: 1435267504932.jpg (40KB, 550x512px) Image search: [Google]
1435267504932.jpg
40KB, 550x512px
>>47365709
Ive tried several times to get at those guys but they never respond

>Tfw have unlimited access to Z but dont want him
>Mfw I see people beg for Z's info

>>47365716
Thats bog standard for forgeworld recasts on ebay. Unless you go for bottom of the barrel shit like stephen which is just Z resold for double the price
>>
>>47365736
Surprised you can't get CCON to respond, he responds in usually under 24 hours.
>>
>>47365523
what book?
>>
I read somewhere that Horus killed two primarchs, the first one is Sanguinius, but who's the second?
>>
File: Fewer.jpg (398KB, 1000x600px) Image search: [Google]
Fewer.jpg
398KB, 1000x600px
>>47365876
>>
>>47365523
Or Ferrus.
>>
>>47366204
Himself.
>>
We get a lot of little newfriends getting lost on the way to the 40k general here.

Should we add a big disclaimer to the thread saying something like "WE ARENT /40kg/"?
>>
>>47366213
where can I buy this? amazon says the release date is 25th Oct 2016
>>
>>47366355
You can't. It has been sold out. Try Amazon.
>>
>>47366435
I meant Ebay*
>>
>>47365019
There are no Grey Knights on Fenris. Wait....

>>47364208
Gib axe
>>
>>47366276
No, it's already pretty clear that it's the HORUS HERESY. Adding more junk to the OP won't make people pay more attention.
>>
>>47366204
It's the Talon of Horus, in the book that shares the name. The second primarch killed by it may be, as the other anon already said, Horus, but I'm not sure that counts since it was a clone, even though it was as close to perfect as possible.
>>
>>47366224
>>47366857
Oh I see. Cloning primarchs, the third legion are nuts.
>>
>>47367314
I told Fabius to clone Horus and he actually did it!

Absolute madman
>>
>>47364258
Thanks, Anon. What sort of resources would the planet have? Otherwise what would the Emperor want from this world? To shut up every psychic creature in the ocean from the Sharks to the kelp?
>No, YOU suck my dick, I'm the Man Emperor of Mankind!
>>
>>47365193
>What a little bitch
He was in touch with his emotions.
>idiot
How was he suppose to know? He and Horus were close and what reason did he have not to trust Horus?
>Couldn't even delegate, shit leader
Right let's get Dorn who's not the best fighter to hold the gate when he should be making repairs to fortifications, or the Khan when he should be going fast at hit and run.
>Such a failure that he became a religious idol, the express opposite of the goals of the Great Crusade and what got his dad killed.
Just how is he going to stop that? Did someone take a hammer to your head?
>>
Are lists with very heavy reliance on flyers considered cheesy?
>>
>>47365523
Of course. Make the Emperor seem worse.
>>
File: edgy bait.jpg (28KB, 625x626px) Image search: [Google]
edgy bait.jpg
28KB, 625x626px
>>47365193
>>
File: 1459298912769.jpg (105KB, 739x742px) Image search: [Google]
1459298912769.jpg
105KB, 739x742px
>>47367591
>>
>>47367668
I figured it was. I need to learn how to distinguish non-bait heresy to wake up over, and bait heresy to wake up over.
>>
>>47367592
Probably, considering how strong 30K flyers are and how most skyfire platforms aren't too strong.

Except the Mastodon. Mastodon stronk.
>>
>>47367687
It's alright, papa sang is my primarchfu too so I can see how a post like that would get someone all riled up.

The actaul title of worst primarch is joint held by Magnus and Russ
>>
>>47367710
I would say Word Bear Prime is the worst.
>>
>>47367695

Shame because i was toying around with idea of WB with a large number of gunships and airsupport for a nice Angels of death vibe.
>>
>>47367710
And Lorgar.
>>
File: Lorgar_Aurelian_sketch.png (2MB, 1041x924px) Image search: [Google]
Lorgar_Aurelian_sketch.png
2MB, 1041x924px
Best primarch and legion coming through, mad smurf mary sue 14 year olds ahoy
>>
>>47367513
AT LAST, BACK TO THREAD.

This surreal world of yours, would you consider it a death world, Catachan-style? I mean, Miral Skysharks.
Because even from such hellholes, like Catachan, Krieg or Barbarus, they can contribute the Imperium with their hardened people
And almost all worlds have some sort of mineral wealth to them. I was thinking of stuff similar to Cameron's Pandora, with less spess pocahontas and more "This is Unobtanium, it's worth 1 000 000 000 per kilo", and floating mountains where the SKYSHARKS can hunt.

But a Deny-on-4+ army can be nice. That's one of the AL Mutable Tactics (maybe they recruit from there too?)
>>
File: 1461851741114.jpg (760KB, 3888x2592px) Image search: [Google]
1461851741114.jpg
760KB, 3888x2592px
>>47367774

Ingethel gestured with its two left arms. ‘Do you see the warriors clad in cardinal red?’ Lorgar couldn’t fail to see them. An entire Legion unknown to him, their bolters crashing as they
advanced in mixed ranks with the bellowing Neverborn. Imperial Fists fell back before them, their numbers diminishing with each passing moment.‘They are the Bearers of the Word.’ ‘They…’‘Yes, Lorgar. They are.’ And they were. His Legion, his own loyal sons, armoured in a shade of spilled blood and oxidised iron. Prayer scrolls marked their armour, their piety declared with defiance even as the parchments were ripped and scorched in the heat of battle. Many helms bore horns in mimicry of officer crests,
and every shoulder guard showed a daemon’s twisted visage, wrought in blackened bronze.
Watching them brought their chants to life. Who were these warriors, to adorn themselves in skulls and daemons’ faces, chanting ritual verse as they advanced? What had become of his Legion? Ingethel pried the thoughts from Lorgar’s mind. ‘The future holds many changes, primarch.’
>>
>>47367760
Yeah, it's a shame skyfire isn't easier to get as 30k has some tasty flyers, I'd say more than 2 or 3 is probably a bit much depending on how much AA your opponent's bringing.
>>
>>47367774
I get interred in my Bednought and this is what happens? Bait and Heresy run rampant on this thread. Find me a score of loyal posters, strong and true, who may wish to avoid shitposting.
>>
File: black guy meme.jpg (5KB, 240x204px) Image search: [Google]
black guy meme.jpg
5KB, 240x204px
>>47367695
>>47367816
>Mortis Dreads
>Deredeo
>Quad guns in fort
>Heavy weapons squads with flakk
>Xiphon interceptors
Say, what do you want for AA, enlighten me
>>
Doom guy vs Primarch

who wins?
>>
>>47367747
>>47367773

>I'm going to make a primarch with a zealous and fanatical nature
>but if he tries worshiping me or anyone else, ohoho there's going to be trouble

Emperor Logic right there folks. And you people say he should be the leader of mankind?

Also blame he chucklefuck duo, Erebus and Kor Phaeron for what happened to Lorgar
>>
>>47367787
I would say it's Catchan levels of dangerous. Yes there are blimp sharks and psychic sharks but it's not like they're working together to aloha snackbar population centers. As for the material wealth that is going to be a thing but I guess the planet could be good for research. Kelp's psycho-reactive, fish eat the kelp, fish get eaten by sharks and sharks become psykers. Fish get eaten by people people become psykers.
>>
>>47367853
>implying accepting the primordial truth and trying to bring humanity to ascension with the holy synergy of the empyrean is bad
>>
File: image.jpg (749KB, 824x1121px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
749KB, 824x1121px
>>47367875
Read nigga!
>>
>>47367843
Yeah, but not everyone is going to be taking all of those and tailoring for the specific purpose of a massed flyer list, hence why I said a list of mostly flyers is probably cheesy
>>
>>47367891
literally nothing wrong with this
>>
>>47367847
Doomguy would rip apart a deamon-Primarch and wouldn't attack an undeamon-Primarch.
>>
File: them daemons.gif (566KB, 469x163px) Image search: [Google]
them daemons.gif
566KB, 469x163px
>>47367847
The Warp (Hell)

>>47367853
He wanted to raise a Crusader dumbfuck, an atheist one (Stalin killed millions? Who says atheism can't kill), but Chaos delivered him onto a church's doorsteps
>>
File: 1460172649465.jpg (804KB, 924x1200px) Image search: [Google]
1460172649465.jpg
804KB, 924x1200px
>>47367869
Ohh, so they are resistant to wichtery because they're a whole planet of witches?

>THIS IS THE REASON WHY I ONLY RECRUIT FROM BARBARUS

*Rams it with a starship*
>>
>>47367895
I was actually planning on always bringing 2 Aiolos Deredeos (2 Lightnings and a StormEagle killed per turn), but I'm trying the "The bomber will always get through" approach.

But, given how >>47362872 killed a Spartan with a single Krak Lightning volley, I might consider a Deredeo + something again.
>>
>>47367944
Not exactly. It could go either way. Living on nothing but psychic flounder and clown fish might end up making Bob immune to psychic powers but Greg becomes a psyker when he tried Bob's diet.
>>
File: skl.png (8KB, 512x512px) Image search: [Google]
skl.png
8KB, 512x512px
GREETING /TG/
COULD YOU HUMANS KINDLY PICK A LEGION THAT WOULD BEST SUIT ME AND MY USELESS BROTHER?
>>
File: sangy weeps.png (319KB, 232x635px) Image search: [Google]
sangy weeps.png
319KB, 232x635px
>>47367975
I'm aware it could go either way. But the Imperium isn't known for taking chances, not even the magnificent Hawkboy.
Beg that the KSons find your planet first and aren't called to use their own psychic resistance to destroy them, lest Mortarion find them instead.
After all, the huge amount of psykers only invites chaos and corruption.
>>
Assassins in 30k when?
>>
File: saturnine pattern.jpg (36KB, 360x480px) Image search: [Google]
saturnine pattern.jpg
36KB, 360x480px
>>47368026
AFTER SATURNINE AND FURIBUNDUS
They'll probably be Agents of the Emperor.
>>
>>47368015
Either Iron Warriors or World Eaters for you, all caps man.
>>
>>47368026
weren't they the same as they are in 40k?
>>
>>47368040
I want to add sisters of silence and a culexus just to see the look on all the thousand wrongs players faces
>>
>>47368020
The real question is how daemons haven't flooded the planet yet. I was going to include this planet for a Moon Wolf's backstory on how he became a psyker.
>>
>>47368110
They could have beaten the world into submission using swords, DA style. Tell us about the people, beyond their eating habits.
>>47368107
My bruva
>>
>>47368164
The people were originally colonists from the Dark Age to study the planet and why everything there was psychic. Humanity at the time wanted to understand why there was so many psychic aliens out in the galaxy, and if living on the planet where the Sharks scream in your dreams would cause humans to develop psychic powers.
>>
How's my Alpha Legion list sounding at the moment?

>Alpharius

>Praetor
Jump pack
Volkite Serpenta
Rite of War: Coils of the Hydra

>Consul: Saboteur

>Lernean Terminators
Heavy Flamer
power fists
Dreadclaw drop pod

>Contemptor Dreadnought
multimelta

>Night Lords Terror Squad
Volkite Chargers

>Tactical Squad
Rhino

>Tactical Squad
Rhino

>Assault Squad

>Reconnaissance Squad
Recon armour
Sniper rifles
cameleoline

>Headhunter Kill Team
Heavy Bolter

>Sicaran Venator tank destroyer
Heavy bolters
>>
>>47368428
It sounds like a waste of a Preator.
How big are those squads?
>>
>>47368470
minimum sizes. Should I be getting larger squads?
>>
/tg/
I have a weird fetish for dickbikes
whats the best legion to support them? DAngles with ravenwing or white scars?
>>
>>47368501
What is the point level?
>>
File: dark angels biker.jpg (107KB, 1000x701px) Image search: [Google]
dark angels biker.jpg
107KB, 1000x701px
>>47368531
It's still a bit too early to tell, given their lack of special characters. It's WS5 bikers with rad grenades and heavy bolters that ignore marine armour 50% of the time vs Jink(3+) Bikes with some AP2 weapons and lots of rerolls, you decide.
>>
>>47368531
I guess it depends how you want to use the rest of the army. If it's all out, balls to the wall speed you're after, Scars will be your best bet. If you want a bit more of a balanced force, go for the DAngles.
>>
>>47368501
Larger squads are cheaper per man than minimum squads, and I say that a Chaplain rolling the Lerneans would be better than your Praetor.
>>
>>47368578
2500. Bearing in mind I need three compulsory troops for the RoW, so there's only so much condensing I can do.
I've also taken the Night Lords because I have 2 other Night Lord players in my group, so I'm trying to take advantage of Alpharius' abilities in that regard.
>>
>>47368501
Yes, 10 man squads are cheap grinder meat and don't last long outside of a transport. If you're already taking an expensive Assault Squad, may as well take the extra points to make them worth it.
>>
>>47368598
Don't I need the Praetor for the RoW? Or will Alpharius let me take it?
>>
>>47368647
Alpharius, and indeed all Primarchs, have the Master of the Legion special rule, which is what lets you take a RoW.
>>
>>47368647
You need a model with Master of the Legion.
That is either Alpharius, a Praetor or a Delegatus Consul
>>
>>47368531
Dangles are for if you only ever want bikes, and nothing else in your list, and you get the whole bonus to hit with swords thing

White Scars allow a bit more flexibility, so id you wanted a 20 man blob you could take one, and you get better jink saves if you move your full distance
>>
>>47368691
Heralds, Skorr and Dynat also work for the Alphas.
>>
>>47368630
Outside of terminators I wouldn't recommend any unit smaller than 10 models in a game of that size. Your models simply won't last long enough.
>>
>>47368804
Herals too, yeah, but they can't be the compulsory HQ, and Alpharius is a LoW so you can't bring just the two of them. And Skorr is a Delegatus and Dynat a Praetor.
>>
If there's psi-Titans are there Psi-Knights?
>>
File: Ahriman_Horus'_Ship.png (1MB, 450x863px) Image search: [Google]
Ahriman_Horus'_Ship.png
1MB, 450x863px
When did the Thousand Sons go I'm blue da ba di dabada? Before the seige of Terra?
>>
>>47368819
>>47368673
>>47368632
>>47368598
>>47368578
>>47368470
Just messaged the guy running our campaign, turns out we're starting at 1500, and adding points each campaign turn.

With that in mind, here's a revised list:

>Consul: Delegatus
Mastercrafted chainsword
Jump pack
RoW: Coils of the Hydra

>Consul: Vigilator
Banestrike rounds

>Night Lords Terror Squad (5)

>Tactical Squad (10)
Rhino

>Tactical Squad (10)
Rhino

>Assault Squad (12)

>Reconnaissance Squad (5)
Recon armour
Sniper rifles
cameleoline

>Headhunter Kill Team (5)
Heavy Bolter

>Sicaran Venator tank destroyer
>>
>>47369164
I was under the impression it wasn't until post-Rubric. Could be wrong though.
>>
>>47369193
There is some other art where some 1k Son Termies are blue.
>>
>>47364545
I was thinking of dual CCW dreads with two graviton guns each. A full talon of three can kill a Spartan from 18" away, probably leaving the transported unit stranded on difficult terrain (and Spartans usually carry cataphractii termies, meaning they wont be running).
>>
>>47369480

This, but as a Cortus. BS4 is negligible with blasts and WS4 is countered by the reactor. And then you get a price cut for the trouble.
Dreadclaws are also a lovely alternative to a Talon, because semi-safe T2 deliveries are awesome.
>>
>>47369637
I envisioned them as Cortus dreads, but given they are outflanking, the enemy will shoot their unshielded sides, and full atomantic shielding would be desired. But then again, they're suicide dreads after all.
If you have the money, make them Contemptor, but be aware the cheaper Cortus can do it allright.
>>
What are your thoughts on a Questoris Detachment with a Knight Gallant Aspirant? I'm thinking that a -1 to BS and WS isn't that big of a deal when a melee knight will be hitting shit on 4s in melee anyway.
>>
>>47368325
How does a shark scream?
>>
File: imasharksuckmydick.jpg (78KB, 629x589px) Image search: [Google]
imasharksuckmydick.jpg
78KB, 629x589px
>>47370062
>>
>>47370062
With its mind.
>>47370095
And that's what they scream.
>>
>>47368325
Well, given how your dudes were scientists I'd say they'd be sworn to the TS. Otherwise I don't know how they managed to survive the chaotic shenanigans a young untrained psyker mind incites. So the resource they could provide the imperium would be...
...are University worlds a thing? Magii biologis would certainly like to see what goes on in there.
>>
>>47368015
>skull picture
Iron Warriors for you.
>>
>>47370590
I don't know, Anon, but university worlds should be a thing.
>>
File: 117.jpg (422KB, 2000x1473px) Image search: [Google]
117.jpg
422KB, 2000x1473px
>>47370615
>implying warhammer lacks skulls
nigaplz
>>
>>47370590
>...are University worlds a thing?
Given the vagaries and dangers of warp travel? Not likely.

But it's a big galaxy.
>>
I read Scars, now I'm reading Brotherhood of the Storm (in the Legacies of Betrayal anthology). It's the first time I've been able to identify with any group of space marines - unrooted, aloof, smiley, disorganized, contemplative, artful while in a profession not known for it, and I think they'd approve of my driving style.

Quite unexpected.
>>
File: 40K-prospero-tizca.jpg (87KB, 960x960px) Image search: [Google]
40K-prospero-tizca.jpg
87KB, 960x960px
>>47370934
They are! Prospero can't be the only one.
>>
>>47370969
>and I think they'd approve of my driving style.
How do you drive?
>>
>>47364208
rip and tear brother
>>
>>47370985
As if every day were autocross day.
>>
>>47370985

Violently.
>>
>>47364563
>>47364588
Recasts best casts.

Literally. The guy I buy from takes FW kits, fixes them up, and then bases his copies on that. It's glorious.
>>
>>47371012
>>47371005
How many people die?
>>
File: 1463854522642.jpg (247KB, 960x960px) Image search: [Google]
1463854522642.jpg
247KB, 960x960px
>>47370984
>>
>>47366355
The collectors edition is sold out. The regular edition is coming out in October.
>>
File: come get enriched.jpg (690KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
come get enriched.jpg
690KB, 1920x1080px
>>47371461
Woah, so enriching m8!
>>
>>47371148
We know how recasts work.

Also that World Eaters Contemptor looks like shit for a recast. The exhaust pipes are thin as fuck and will break.
>>
>>47371527
We send the wolves so both types of sorcerers will hopefully wipe each other out.
>>
>>47371461
A Thousand Keks. We need a Magnus edit of the laughing Lex Luthor picture.
>>
Quick question for you guys.

If I take the "Cult Horde" Provenance for the Militia and Cults list that means that the Heavy Ordnance Battery is functionally unusable as Provenance units have to Snap Fire correct?
Same thing to a lesser extent with the Rapier Battery.

I was curious as to what you guys thought because I'm not entirely sure if it is the unit firing the gun or the Arty itself being considered the firer.
>>
>>47371716
Only the crews have the Provenance rule not the guns themselves. So unless I'm missing a rule where artillery guns can't shoot because of crew not being able to do something, you can still use those units.
>>
>>47371527
Prospero would have been hell of a lot harder without the Sisters of Silence and the Custodes, yet they the Wolves get all the creds.
>>
>>47365193
Fuck you, cocksucker.
>>
File: mkeks.png (176KB, 358x310px) Image search: [Google]
mkeks.png
176KB, 358x310px
>>47371643
much like magnus, I tried and failed.
>>
Anything else I should add to my surreal world? I'm naming it Mariana and Jellyfish the size of Rhinos are going to be in it.
>>47372014
It works. Thanks.
>>
File: rrpgWcT.gif (1020KB, 257x194px) Image search: [Google]
rrpgWcT.gif
1020KB, 257x194px
>>47372014
brilliant
>>
>>47372049
>>47372087
cheers
>>
>>47369174
don't bother with banestrikes IMO
>>
>>47372663
Even outside your opinion Banestrikes are objectively useless on a Vigilator as they have sniper anyway. Everything they shoot out of a bolter is superior to Banestrike.
>>
>>47373210
>muh fluff
>>
>>47367774
That's not Horus.
>>
>>47373419
Just say he has banestrike. It changes literally nothing ruleswise.
>>
What super heavies do you guys usually bring to games? Do you start bringing them at 1850 or over 2500? I'm curious what kinda lists are out there.
>>
File: Aquilla Strongpoint.jpg (240KB, 2048x1536px) Image search: [Google]
Aquilla Strongpoint.jpg
240KB, 2048x1536px
>>47373866
Fuck superheavies
>>
>>47373866

Use the 25% rule or the super heavy force org you faggot
>>
>>47369164
I'm not sure, but I remember reading somewhere that the blue Sons were those who followed Ahriman and those that followed Magnus stayed red.
>>
File: image.jpg (109KB, 607x958px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
109KB, 607x958px
>>47374199
>>
>>47368015
>Brother

How is that a question? Alpha Legion for you both. One is traitor while the other is loyalist.
>>
>>47374435
Both would take Alpharius then.
>Alpharius stealing each others Alphariuses as the come from reserve.
>>
>>47374497
Alphari is the politically correct term unless you want the Alpha Legion saying you committed a hate crime.
>>
File: alpharius omegon.png (730KB, 1366x768px) Image search: [Google]
alpharius omegon.png
730KB, 1366x768px
>>47374520
Alphareople is the accepted term for them, watch your LA rule.
>>
>>47374520
I looked it up, Alphari is plural of Omegon, the plural of Alpharius is Guillimen.
>>
File: Alpharius_Pythian_Scales.jpg (792KB, 873x876px) Image search: [Google]
Alpharius_Pythian_Scales.jpg
792KB, 873x876px
>>47374497
In my headcanon, Alpharius is the traitor, the one that ended or some lonely planet, before hijacking pirates ships and finding Horus' fleet, attacking it, and staying with him, the classic story, becoming the one that woule turn traitor by staying with Horus for a long time.

Omegon, on the other hand, was the one that ended up on a planet attacked by worm xenos, being captured and subsequently mindwashed and tortured before being found by Empy himself. Stayed with Empy to have his broken mind rebuild, hence becoming the loyalist in the end.
It's just how I picture it, but since if kinda follows logic, I like that. I definitely lovz the fact that FW gave people the opportunity to choose what fluff they would want to keep as their own, without being completely different from one another, just like GW did with the new LotD "codex" where you can choose between several interpretations.
>>
>>47374548
I was sadly mistaken then.
>>47374563
Kek.
>>
File: get a load.png (574KB, 639x497px) Image search: [Google]
get a load.png
574KB, 639x497px
>>47374600
>This post is a lie
>>
>>47374600
Everyone knows dubs are AL sleeper agents! I'm on to your game, Alpharius.
>>
>>47374199
>>47374322
Every time I see this I just get bummed out that they didn't model is so that the eagle's head and neck were the cannon.
>>
I'm surprised, Fallen Angels was actually quite fun to read, well the lion story was kinda by the numbers but kek at the end, poor guy just can't catch a break

but was kinda confused by one thing, why is Zahariel still a librarian basically a few months before the heresy? did Luther just """"forget"""" to mention that order?
>>
Has anyone else gotten as good result with Reacers?

I usually run
2x15
Jump packs
7 power weapons
4 chainsaws
2 meltas
Chef with articier armor + power fist

1x15
Jump packs
12 volkites
3 meltas
Chef + volkite artificer armor

And they wreck face for me. They've consistently make more points back and put the opponent off footed the whole game. I played few people last Friday and everyone thought playing against SoH was going to be a steam roll.
>>
Don't want to buy Rampagers just for one weapon, but I do want a meteor hammer for a sergeant. Anyone have recommendations for kits with suitable hammers?
>>
>>47376620
>meteor hammer
the plastic empire general kit literally has a hammer with a meteor engraving
>>
I was looking through the old epic scale space marine rulebook and I found this.

>it could have been World Eaters bringing the message of heresy to terra
>this could have lead to grey knights with butcher's nails
>>
>>47363154
Guys sorry but I'm a bit of casual. Could someone tell me who the traitor legions on the left of OPs pic are specifically? Don't recognise them in those colours. It's the red guys with the weird sun logo particularly I'm confused about. Is that the Thousand Sons? I'm assuming the World Eaters were originally in white colours then? And that the grey guys at the bottom left are the Sons of Horus?
>>
>>47376781
>>47376620

Do either of you know what a fucking Meteor Hammer is?

It's not a hammer with a Meteor on it. It's an ancient Chinese weapon which resembles a ball on the end of a rope or chain.
>>
File: deepest lore.png (392KB, 689x486px) Image search: [Google]
deepest lore.png
392KB, 689x486px
>>47376856

so excited I forget the pic like a dipshit
>>
>>47376875
>caring about chink shit
>ever
>>
>>47376892

>Caring about sword number 083 from Slovenia
>>
File: 132680321439.jpg (11KB, 220x220px) Image search: [Google]
132680321439.jpg
11KB, 220x220px
>>47376920
>>
>>47376865
>It's the red guys with the weird sun logo particularly I'm confused about. Is that the Thousand Sons? I'm assuming the World Eaters were originally in white colours then?
Yes to both.
>And that the grey guys at the bottom left are the Sons of Horus?
Also yes.
>>
>>47376881
Yeah, the old space marine fluff was pretty sweet. Real shame at what the horus heresy became.
>>
>>47377266
FW fluff is pretty fucking sweet, I stopped reading BL shit after Know No Fear. I liked that one but shit after that sounds like total crap.
>>
>>47377295

You missed out on Scars and Path of Heaven though.
>>
>>47377192
Cheers.
>>
>>47377315
Yeah I got those on my backlog, I'll read that eventually.
>>
Is there any reason to take a Legion Seeker Squad for Imperial Fists? A friend gifted me a 5 man set of MKII tacticals still in the FW bag to go along with my Betrayal at Calth dudes, and I'm trying to figure out a 5 man specialized role they could fill.
>>
>>47377737
Sergeants
>>
So I put my Lernaen Harrower in a "Come at me Bro!" pose and so far he has killed a Leviathan Dreadnought and a C'tan Shard in close combat. Should I put some trophies on him?
>>
>>47377737
>Is there any reason to take a Legion Seeker Squad for Imperial Fists?

Theres no reason not to, I mean they are expensive and may be overkill against their target but I think they are awesome units. Personally I made mine out of the 40k tacticals, all have a mix of MkIV and VI chests and bare heads, except the sergeant who has MkVI helmet and a Black Templar MkVIII chest I had lying around.
>>
File: IT'S MECHANICUS TIME.jpg (117KB, 520x773px) Image search: [Google]
IT'S MECHANICUS TIME.jpg
117KB, 520x773px
>>47374199
>>47374322
>>47375654
That's a Mighty Bulwark
THAT MEANS IT'LL MAKE MIGHY RUBBLE!

REDUCE AND SIEGE
>>
File: tactical assault moon.gif (7MB, 854x480px) Image search: [Google]
tactical assault moon.gif
7MB, 854x480px
>>47376620
>>47376781
>>47376875
Ok, seems the Meteor Hammer isn't enough.
But what about, and hear me out, a MOON Hammer?
>>47376920
What's a slovenian sword #083?
>>
>>47376112
Are you reading the paperback or ebook versions? The dates of when events occurred are changed in the hardcover.
>>
>>47378046
I have one of my WE tacs with his arms raised and looking up. I like to think he's screaming "WITNESS ME!" So far he's been vaporized by a Sicaran Venator.
>>
>>47376892
Yeah you can go to /pol/

Based Chinamen recasters are welcome here.
>>
>>47376875
That does explain why there's no hammer on the picture on forgeworld. So ok then, recommendations on kits with a good Morningstar or similar?
>>
>>47378046
Yes, it could be scrap bits made out of his previous kills on his table. How the hell did he do it, PE?
>>
>>47378687
Chaos marauder flails, glue the chains of 2 together
>>
>>47378785
Rolled really well on his saved and smashed them back with a master-crafted chain fist.
>>
>>47378401
>What's a slovenian sword #083?

Shorthand for how utterly boring and unoriginal most western weaponry is, all rather minor variations of the standard sword, spear, axe, bow and various combinations thereof. In the east and south you have weapons like bagh naka (Tiger Claws, basically real-life lightning claws), kulbeda (A crazy looking throwing knife), katar (Indian Hand Daggers), the list goes on.

All I'm saying is that western weaponry are rather utilitarian and thus boring. If you want the crazy shit, you look east and south.
>>
>>47376112
>Fucks
>Things Luther has to give
Choose one.

I like Fallen Angels because Astellan jobbed like a bitch.
>>
>>47378687

There is a Hammer. It's the flail looking weapon. A Meteor Hammer has no handle.
>>
File: 2483208-2114905390-tumbl.png (220KB, 500x492px) Image search: [Google]
2483208-2114905390-tumbl.png
220KB, 500x492px
>Tfw now have 3 fulgrim models that i keep painting and stripping to try and get it perfect

Still not even close to being acceptable yet
>>
First shot at making a World Eaters list. How'd I do guys?

Rite of War: The Crimson Path

Lord of War: Angron, Primarch of the World Eaters 400pts

HQ: Praetor in Cataphacti Terminator armor, Grenade Harness, Paragon blade, Combi Melta 172pts

Elites: 2 Apothecary 90pts

Troops: 20 Tactical Marines, Sargent with melta bomb and 260pts

Troops: 20 Tactical Marines, Sargent with melta bomb and 260pts

Fast Attack: Storm Eagle with Twin Linked Lascannons, Multimelta 265pts

Heavy: Predator with Lascannon sponsons 110pts

Heavy: Predator with Lascannon sponsons 110pts

Heavy Spartan Assault Tank, Armored Ceramite, Dozer Blade 320pts
>>
>>47379118
>Constantly painting the same model in an endless futile attempt at perfection...

Your doing Slannesh's work bro, more power to ya!
>>
>>47379184
what is the points total?

If youre set on using angron in this small a list, consider doing the rite of war where he is an hq and ditch the praetor to save points
>>
>>47379184
>>47379209

Its 2000 pts here.

I wanted a combat monster in each transport, that way both packages carry death dealers.
>>
>>47376875
Anon, please, you need to supply an example.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x9iIKn1Bl6c
>>
>>47379118
666,666th times the charm.
>>
Guys could /tg/ do a Heresy musical? I don't know I just think it would be amazing for Lorgar to put on a top hat and sing "I've got friends on the other side" as he seduces his brothers to Chaos. What other songs do you think would fit with it?
>>
>>47363937
>"Sigismund","Sigismund","Sigismund","Sigismund","Sigismund" "Sigismund!"
>Go Sigismund!!!
>By your powers combined I am Sigismund!!!
>Sigismund he's our hero he's gonna take heresy down to zero!!
>>
>>47379662
Grimdark Song writing has at least one Heresy era song.
>>
File: ErebusKorPhaeron.png (643KB, 949x650px) Image search: [Google]
ErebusKorPhaeron.png
643KB, 949x650px
Chaos Heresy, what a wonderful phrase
Chaos Heresy, ain't no passing craze
It means no worries for the rest of your days
It's our Emperor-free philosophy, Chaos Heresy!

Why, when he was a young cultist
When I was a young cultist
Very nice, thanks

He found his soul lacked a certain appeal
He found the Truth to be a lie made by Him
I'm a sensitive soul, though I seem thick-skinned
And it hurt that my friends never stood with me

And oh, the shame, he was ashamed
Thoughta changin' my name, oh, what's in a name?
And I got downhearted, how did you feel? Every time that I
Kor Phaeron, not in front of the marines, oh sorry

Chaos Heresy, what a wonderful phrase
Chaos Heresy, ain't no passing craze
It means no worries for the rest of your days, yeah, sing it, brother
It's our Emperor-free philosophy,Chaos Heresy

Chaos Heresy
Chaos Heresy
Chaos Heresy
Chaos Heresy

It means no worries for the rest of your days
It's our Emperor-free philosophy, Chaos Heresy

Chaos Heresy
Chaos Heresy
Chaos Heresy
Chaos Heresy
>>
>>47374242
Interesting, so most likely post-Rubric then like >>47369193 said.
>>
>>47379118
Protip, use body fluids to enhance colors and thin paint.
>>
>>47380220
*applause is heard in the background along with heretical war chanting *
>>
>>47371148
Pls gib info of based recast guy
>>
File: Sugilite_-_Gen_2_With_Weapon.png (90KB, 640x414px) Image search: [Google]
Sugilite_-_Gen_2_With_Weapon.png
90KB, 640x414px
>>47378926
Would a power fist on a chain suffice?
>>
>>47378903
Eh, I like the regular sword (I'm not too savvy to differentiate arming, knightly and such), at least they got the job done, and I especially like the crossguard.

But if I used the AL's power daggers, I'd give them either tonfas or katars. The knives Headhunter minis are issued with look like that, like regular knives.
>>
Spartan Tank or Caestus Ram for transporting my deathstar into combat?
>>
File: 156161651651.jpg (189KB, 798x445px) Image search: [Google]
156161651651.jpg
189KB, 798x445px
>>47381328
A giant castle made of barb wire and hate.
>>
>>47381341
Give it wheels and call it "Mastodon", fortboi
>>
Picked up some cheap as fuck old metal predators, quick base coat and my Word Bearers a shit force gets a little bit bigger.
>>
>>47381695
>shit force
>Word Bearers
It would be heresy if the two weren't synonymous.
>>
Do you think the GW method of basing Skitarii (Khorne Red + Martian Ironearth) would look good with the yellow armor of Imperial Fists?
>>
>>47381695
I've found you can make a decent match to the older predators if you use the stormraven sponson mounts.

Looks pretty cool, too.
>>
>>47382726
Wouldn't be bad, but you better do a good job on it
>>
>>47382746
Got any pics? That sounds cool
>>
>>47382785
What do you mean? Is it easy to fuck up?
>>
>>47382802
I can grab a couple in the morning, light's not too good right now since it's primed black.
>>
>>47365560
What is your most hated Loyalist?

Ferrus and Khan are sort of traitorish in their personality for being hard cunts, but they stayed loyal.
>>
>>47365687
How?
>>
>>47367513
Easy, as we afe talking about a semi gas planet...go for rare gasses!

The cloudspires harvest those, while divers head into the methane lakes to pullup minerals that sunk to the bottlm (meteorites?) and put gas chunks that solidified through the pressure down there into special pressure capsules so it doesnt vanish when they get it out.

I think the world would be a prime Solar Auxilia recruitment world, or ship crew and void technicians.

They are so reliant on high tech, space station and accustomed to void/low gravity environment and suits that it would be a crime to ignore them.

Also, as I worked with you on this, would you mind me using this world as background for my SA guys?

Also we need a name and dangers, also how it looks like from space.

I am for not-jupiter not-bespin (cloud spires) with a lot of void/deep sea stations and a heavily mined asteroid belt that survived by being usefull as a fuel seller/refinery and limited ship repair/build society that grew from dark age of technology mining operations that survived under a elected council of tech guild and union/clans as they were to out of the way and unimportant during the warp storms.

Feels eclipse phase and I love it.
>>
>>47367869
I would tone down the psyker level, but we could have an aliem species that is like the tentacle guys from the first indipendence day movie.

Maybe some sort of devolved descendants from an invasion force of psyker xenos that continue to plague the planet side operations in their tribal, inbred, techno barbarian for .
Sort of how horror movies porray native americans...deleting settlements and leaving wierd steles.

Senseof mystery and all that, because everybody having adamantium will seems a bit extreme.

Low scale psychic preadtor blimp sharks and psyker alien hillbillies sound nice though to improve psyker abilities and resistance to them.

They might be one of the reasons plus all the mineral and void shit anon mentioned to recruit from there and help them out.
>>
>>47379118
Hey man, you will get it oneday.

Maybe go to a stkre or convention and get a bit of advice?
>>
>>47377315
The White Scars books have been a pleasent surprise
>>
>>47381695
Nice work!

I really like the colours.
>>
>>47382849
It's bright colors.
bright colors look like shit unless done right.
It's irrelevant anyway.
everything should be done right.
do it right.
>>
>>47383305
Infuckingdeed.
>>
>>47379184
Why bother with cataphractii on the praetor? An iron halo gives the same save and actually let's you sweep, which you can't in cataphractii. Also, I would personally recommend a kharybdis instead of a storm eagle since it will drop turn 1. Gahlan Surlak is also practically made for this rite, find a way to squeeze him in and put him with Angron. That's a 3+++. And with him, you can make your other blob inductii for that sweet sweet +1S. And for me, you've got too many vehicles for this rite. Maybe turn the predators to dreads at least, or red butchers/legion terminators if you can fit some, but that's just a fluff choice for me and the predators would work fine.
>>
>>47381695
Ok all Vehicles based, onto the troops. Word Bearers a shit, ASSEMBLE!.
>>
>>47379118
>3 fulgrim models

What, you playing Alpha Legion or something?
>>
>>47383019
Yoyhammer subreddit. He is also a reddit, send him a message there
>>
>>47384266

Like the Oldschool Preds.
>>
>>47385145
Thanks.

>>47384266
Please continue brightening them up, we need some glorious Gal Vorbak too btw.
>>
>>47383134
>Also, as I worked with you on this, would you mind me using this world as background for my SA guys?
Sure, Anon.
>name
Mariana.
>>47383213
Alright the psyker level will be toned down.
>>
>>47385665
Mariana III?

I like roman numericals.

>No, it is pronounced mariannaiii.
>>
>>47386198
I didn't think of putting extra planets in this mad system.
>>
>>47386317
About names, I like to hide my references.

For example I searched for different translations of the word abyss and found a turkish word that reads rather well.

Could be written as Uzurum.

At least thats how i get to my funky fantasy names, translating and then rewriting words.

>Sudmerika and Jermani incoming.
>>
>>47384142
>Why bother with cataphractii on the praetor?
Because terminator armour on a praetor is already pointless and nerfs your praetor to hell. No sense in spending more points than you need to on a shitty HQ choice.
Praetor with MC paragon blade, power fist, iron halo, and digital lasers: 200 Points
Praetor with MC paragon blade, terminator armour, iron halo, and digital lasers: 215 Points

Terminator armour is bulky, relentless, and has one less attack (can't take two specialist weapons unless they go for a pair of lightning claws) while costing 15 points more. At least the cataphractii praetor would end up a bit cheaper than the artificer praetor.
>>
>>47386405
I choose the name as a reference to the Mariana Trench ya know the deepest trench on the earth, Cthulhu's summer home?
>>
File: 100_2460.jpg (210KB, 1168x700px) Image search: [Google]
100_2460.jpg
210KB, 1168x700px
>>47382802
here you go. I saw a guide online, changed it a bit by keeping the original sponson tops on for a nicer look. Surprisingly simple, since they're the right size for the rhino.

Official /hhg/ sneak peak into my current project, too.
>>
>>47386405
Uzurum is nice. Not everything needs to be in spanish.
>Planet Bob
>>
>>47386439
>At least the cataphractii praetor would end up a bit cheaper than the artificer praetor.
Aren't you proving yourself otherwise ? I was going to ask if there was a way to give a Termie praetor an extra attack for two melee weapons other than AL, WB and WE. I guess not
>>
>>47386501
I know, so i changed around the theme so its not that obvious.

>>47386543
>>
>>47386577
Well in staying with the theme there is one trench on the planet whispered in hushed tones of giant sharks with tremendous psychic power who rise every thousand years to feast upon blood and to soak psychic terror.
>>
>>47386631
Can't be Australia: it's not a trenc and their psyker sharks are also poisonous
>>
>>47386676
Anon, 2/3 of every planet is Space Australia.
>>
>>47386749
What do you mean? I thought land poisonous creatures didn't live on either cold, mountain or coastal areas
>>
>>47386439
Why you pay for iron halo in cataphractii stoopid? You already get 4++ from the armor.
>>
>>47386882
It's a joke I made about how many times /tg/ has made Space Australia and just how many death worlds are around.
>>
>>47386570
>Aren't you proving yourself otherwise?
No, the former points were assuming a tartaros terminator hence the iron halo, if you go cataphractii you have no need for the Iron Halo making him 25 points cheaper than the tartaros terminator or 10 points cheaper than the artificer praetor.

>I was going to ask if there was a way to give a Termie praetor an extra attack for two melee weapons other than AL, WB and WE
How can any of those except Alpha Legion give him extra attacks?
World Eaters allow them to swap a chainsword for a caedere weapon. Terminators don't have chainswords. Likewise Word Bearers let you swap power weapons for tainted weapons, but the power weapon is what you would need to swap out for a paragon blade or power fist. So pretty much you can swap the power sword for a tainted weapon or swap the power sword for a paragon blade, either way you are only getting one specialist weapon.
>>
File: image.jpg (56KB, 400x291px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
56KB, 400x291px
Behold the beautiful ocean life of Mariana III.
>>
>>47387231
That seems like an excessive amount of teeth
>>
File: image.jpg (29KB, 580x368px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
29KB, 580x368px
>>47387354
God went through a deviantart period. Here's a serious idea some scientists have because that messed up jaw is too silly for them. Also now you startled it, and now it's in attack mode.
>>
>>47387396
The other one is honestly less silly to me. Seems like the jaw just grows to add more teeth as it ages, to compensate for broken/missing ones.

The sawblade jaw is just too bizarre, by comparison. I know that nothing is too bizarre for sea life, and early sea life in particular, but how would it even eat.
>>
Please don't tell me Shiban Khan is wearing Centurion armour in Path of Heaven..
>>
>>47387396
NOW THIS BE A PROPPA TUNA FISH BOYZ!
>>
File: Diluvion_Clip_YamatoCrab.gif (4MB, 751x514px) Image search: [Google]
Diluvion_Clip_YamatoCrab.gif
4MB, 751x514px
>>47387231
>>47387354
>>47387396
>>47387473
That seems like an excessive amount of NOPE
>>
File: image.jpg (2MB, 1200x1617px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
2MB, 1200x1617px
>>47387473
By acting like a Khornate Bezerker. It saws everything in its path, or latches on to something and gets the chunks down its throat. With the other jaw it could act like a tentacle and lashes out with its jaw.
>>47387478
It's the Orkiest fish.
>>
File: image.jpg (2MB, 2736x2736px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
2MB, 2736x2736px
>>47387497
Here's the mouth of a Frilled Shark.
>>
>>47386988
But why are you giving him terminator Armor at all if he's not attached to terminators? Sure he's relentless, but what heavy weapons are you giving him? Bulky only matters for a few legions, and I'd rather be able to sweep than make 1 more attack. Artificer and iron halo is the way to go in a tactical squad, which his appears to be
>>
File: lamprey3.jpg (117KB, 500x333px) Image search: [Google]
lamprey3.jpg
117KB, 500x333px
>>47387540
>>47387527
>>47387497
Did someone say DEEP SEA THREAD
>>
>>47387653
No choice now but to roll with this flood.
>>
>>47387709
I sea what you did there. This means there'll be dire conchequences
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ExV4b77qfww
>>
>>47387795
I've been so shellfish with my own ideas that I floundered any chance of actual HH discussion.
>>
>>47387628
>But why are you giving him terminator Armor at all if he's not attached to terminators?
I'm not the guy planning to use a terminator praetor. I am simply saying that a terminator praetor is literally useless unless you are trying to create a cheap HQ that can take hits well, Salamanders and Iron Hands in particular with 3+ saves being a possibility.
eg.
Iron Hands Praetor, Cataphractii Armour, Power Fist, Cyber Familiar: 160 points
3 wounds 2+/3++ can still ID toughness 4
Salamanders Praetor, Cataphractii Armour, Shield, Power Fist: 150 Points
3 wounds, 2+/3++, can still ID toughness 4, option for eternal warrior

Outside of those two situations I would never take a terminator praetor.
>>
>>47387853
What about for Rule of Cool?
>>
File: fenris kraken.jpg (86KB, 806x548px) Image search: [Google]
fenris kraken.jpg
86KB, 806x548px
>>47387837
I bet they fish we stop, but water they going to do about it?
>>
>>47387926
How will this thread ever seal from this?
>>
>>47373210
anything anyone shoots out of a bolter is superiour to banestrike. muh DARK SEKRUT rounds are outpreformed by regular seeker rounds at all ranges all the time...
>>
>>47387917
I was obviously speaking purely in practical terms. If you just want shit that looks good do whatever the hell you want? I have a friend that fields a World Eaters praetor with falax blades and a paragon blade but only ever uses the falax blades for maximum attacks 4 base plus charge, plus rage, plus digital lasers, plus paired weapons, +1 for falax blades. Gets him like nine AP 5 rending attacks on the charge. Not good against marines but hilarious nonetheless.
>>
>>47387853
Ok, I understand now. My original question about it was directly responding to that guy's list, where a terminator praetor is pretty retarded unless he wants a combi-melta that badly, in which case take melta bombs
>>
>>47387953
They seem allright for termies and their combi-weapons. Rapid-fired Banestrike kills more MEQs than Scorpius...but thad' mean you're 9" away from them, in a "come at me bro" spot.
They're not the best ammo they could be.
Still better than Shrapnel Shells :'(
>>47387952
It can't. That possibility sailed a long time ago
>>
>>47388034
Regular praetor can take a combi-weapon anyway
>>
>>47388042
I never wanted to krill the thread, but it didn't go quite whale. I'll clam up about my donut krill planet for a whale so people don't become too crabby.
>>
File: sundowner-smile-gif.gif (991KB, 500x281px) Image search: [Google]
sundowner-smile-gif.gif
991KB, 500x281px
>>47388127
The shrimple classic. Whale done, anon. I'll wait for the next tide of posts.
>>
>>47388042
I'm just salty because headhunters don't have any source of relentless so they can't USE their "better bolters" and then use their obvious upgrades that are for melee... experimental stormbolter rules when????
>>
>>47388171
It beats the manatee of same carp we have in these threads I'll give you that. I have the sinking suspicion I'm not too great at nautical puns.
>>
>>47388262
I know, so much wasted potential, they'd do rather well in melee. How better can a headhunter confirm his kill than by literally claiming the head in melee?
>Their Power Daggers, at S3 with Rending AP3 generate twice as many unsaved wounds than S4 AP-- which, coupled with Hammer of Wrath from their Venom Spheres make them unexpectedly nasty in close combat. Infiltrate or Dreadclaw DTs (which can Heat Blast) will get them close, but being armed with Bolters means you'll have to choose either to Rapid fire Banestrike hoping for the best (~6.3 unsaved wounds) or charge and hope for the best too (~5.9). You'll end within charge range, so choose Counter-Attack as your Mutable Tactic to help with assaults and Combi-bolters to help with overwatch.

>salty
:^)

>>47388266
At least you don't have my abyssal lack of skrills
>>
>>47388353
I think it's high tide we stop clownfishing around.
>>
>>47388262
>>47388353
I have a feeling they'll be updated to have banestrike in their pistols too, just like Tybalt Marr.

I mean if slapping Banestike into pistols can be a thing, why should the SoH be the only ones doing it?
>>
File: 1456306216010.jpg (715KB, 1600x960px) Image search: [Google]
1456306216010.jpg
715KB, 1600x960px
>>47376190
I've been meaning to use Reavers as troops, but their price can be a bit off putting for the number of models. But they definitely hit like a freight train moving like a bullet train. I just want muh reavers with bolters and jump packs

>everyone though playing against SoH was gonna be a steam roll

Doesn't matter if you are loyalist or traitor I hope you showed them what it means to face the XVI Legion
>>
If you got the Imperial Knight Renegade set, which two would you mostly use for your legion's allied detachment? My inner Black Templar is telling me to go double Gallant, but Papa Dorn would say I need at least one Gatling Cannon.
>>
>>47388696
I personally would say make one a gallant, as there cheap and purely choppy, but make the other a crusader because it's simply called the CRUSADER.
>>
>>47388676
Why is the Vengeful Spirit shooting at its own troops?
Alternatively, why is Horus trying to escape from an imperial ship on foot?
>>
>>47376190
>>47388676

Good to hear that!

Are you going for black reaving!
The 3 squads imply it, also how do you handle spartans,land raiders and fliers?

I like reavers because they are basically a suped up tac/assault squad wigh more gear options.

All those power weapons,chain axes and volkites.
>>
>>47386524
That looks fucking sweet, I'll definitely have to use that. Thanks for the pic!
>>
>>47388743
>why is the Vengeful Spirit shooting at its own troops?
Poor scatter rolls?
>>
>>47388676
Dat beach assault in Vengful Spirit, fucking awesome.
>>
Quick a Horus Heresy fighting game is being made, and you must name the finishing/ultimate moves of every important character or special character for the tabletop.
>The Emperor: Great Crusade
>Horus: Let The Galaxy Burn
>Vulkan: It's also a hammer
>Leman: Overwolf
>Lucius: Eternal Jobbing: makes Lucius lose automatically
>Perturabo: 10,000 Years of Decimation
>Autek: Lunar Lander
>Scoria: Entropic Beatdown
>Fulgrim: Maru Skara
>Ahriman: All is dust
>>
File: What wall.jpg (68KB, 301x635px) Image search: [Google]
What wall.jpg
68KB, 301x635px
>>47389291
>Mortarion
-The Reaper's Scythe: Rams the enemy with a starship
-not an ultimate move: Teleport
>>
>>47389291
>Angron: The Bucher's Nails
>Cruze: Doom of Nostromo
>Lorgar: Ruinstorm/Transfiguration

I got a giggle out of Lucius having a Fatal KO
>>
>>47363154
So has there been any hint or confirmation on whether Custodes will be a full army or just an ally force? I'm trying to decide if I should wait for them to be released or start my Death Guard army
>>
>>47389291
>Corax: Nevermore/The Deliverance
>Lion'El: Loyalty's reward
>>
>>47389362
Are you implying Morty teleporting around wouldn't be how he moves?
>>47389386
It wouldn't be accurate if he didn't have a fatal KO.
>>
>>47389490
Post Dropsite Corvus gets Nevermore as his finishing move.
>>
>>47389491
I hadn't thought it that way. Maybe when he walks he does a step while standing on place, but teleports a step forward.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dUx3kDnT-p8

>Dorn: The Walls of Terra
>It's actually a big punch and a defense boost.
>>
>>47389563
That's perfect right there, Anon. What about Guilliman?
>>
>>47389490
>>47389386
>>47389291
I love all of these, please describe why Vulcan his his though.
>>
>>47389661

>Guilliman.
>Codex Astartes/Spiritual Liege

Or maybe 500 worlds.
>>
>>47389661
>Guilliman
>Pre Ruinstorm: Honour and Glory/The 500 worlds
>Post Ruinstorm: Preternatural Strategy
>>
>>47389697
As in : Muster of 500 Worlds?

Also we need an imperial army guy with an attack called send in the next wave.

Maybe that ruler of Agathaion, just he sends in Volkite Russes with Veletaris support for dxtra Zzapp.
>>
>>47389735
Similar to Mortarions movekent that leavesshadows behind him like Akuma, an SA Marshall that attacks by conjuring tanks and soldiers sounds fun.
>>
>>47389682
Big V reminded Konrad that Dawnbreaker was still a hammer the hard way.
>>47389697
>>47389711
Those are great.
>>
>>47389735
Ireton MaSade
>Agathon's Might: summons helpers to aid him
>>
File: power axe.jpg (48KB, 482x427px) Image search: [Google]
power axe.jpg
48KB, 482x427px
>>47389735
>>47389773
>>47389782
As in, MaSade calls in several of his pic related homeboys.
>>
>>47389824
Yeah, exactly.

Volkite guys for range attacks and maybe one or two axe guys that linger on the screen after a specific move and take a swing if you dont hit them fast.
>>
Ocean puns, Horus Heresy: Crusade of Fighters, the screaming shark planet, deleted b8. This has been a nice thread.
>>
>>47389857
Ps: Super Moves trigger an overlay and grapic effects of course.

Pretty Fulgrim gets the angry face of his mini onnthe screen before he tears into his opponent with s LOT of hits.

>If your opponent dies, he gets decapitated.
>>
File: Lotara-Sarrin.jpg (69KB, 717x361px) Image search: [Google]
Lotara-Sarrin.jpg
69KB, 717x361px
>>47389291
>>
>Caleb Decima
>Reductor Unleashed: channels the hopes and dreams of everyone who wants loyalist Ordo Reductor Cogboys and hits with the force of an Oridantus
>>
File: muh reductor.png (333KB, 433x323px) Image search: [Google]
muh reductor.png
333KB, 433x323px
>>47389950
Huh, never imagined Lotara would be in it. FItting.

What would be Kharn's special move/finisher?

>>47389957
Ooooh boy, it'll be the blast that pierces the heavens.
>>
>>47389291
What do Ferrus, Magnus and Sanguinius get?

>Alpharius
>I am Alpharius/Alpha Legion Geometry
>>
>>47389978
Kharn doesn't have a finisher, he just keeps saying "get up" until his opponent runs away.
>>
>>47389983
One of many/Alpha Legion Geometry, yes yes.
And his alternate skins are Omegon, regular Legionnarie and Guilliman
>>
>>47389978
No real idea excep maybe descent into madness.
>>
>>47389291
Whoever gets a 250 hits combo gets the "Guillimanjaro" achievement
>>
>>47390006
Regular Legionaire's special move is a power dagger.
>>
>>47389950
Adorable still and perfect.
>>47389978
There won't be any heavens left, Anon.
>>47389983
>Ferrus: Hands of Fate: Beats the target to death with his bare metal hands, and finishes them off with Forgebreaker
>Magnus: Two wrongs don't make a right
>Papa Sang: Angel's Assault: Basically Brave Bird from Pokemon, but with 60 assault cannons, and summons Moritats with hand flamers.
>>47390026
Kek
>>
File: orsixeven.png (65KB, 250x291px) Image search: [Google]
orsixeven.png
65KB, 250x291px
>>47390029
Does he teleport behind the opponent in the cutscene?

Is threadguy awake? It's 2pm for me
>>
>>47390064
Imma awake.
>>
File: 1463253322256.gif (651KB, 243x200px) Image search: [Google]
1463253322256.gif
651KB, 243x200px
>>47390063
>Hands of Fate
mfw
I remember Mortal Kombat fighter "Meat" threw his head at you

>Papa Sang: Angel's tears! Each tear is an assault cannon shell.
>>
>>47390063
Ooooh!

I got it.

Sanguinius gets Backbreaker.

Baning enemies like he does Bloodthirsters.
>>
File: fight me.gif (2MB, 405x305px) Image search: [Google]
fight me.gif
2MB, 405x305px
>>47390100
The Overwolf Enrichment also ends with a Backbreaker, brotha!
>>
>>47390089
>>47390100
Mix all three and we're halal.
>I remember Mortal Kombat fighter "Meat" threw his head at you
That's only when fighting Fulgrim.
>>
File: Laughing King Kong.jpg (58KB, 320x273px) Image search: [Google]
Laughing King Kong.jpg
58KB, 320x273px
>>47390271
New bread
>mfw captcha asked for bread
>>
>>47388353
I just want assault bolters anon, so that the entire unit functions for the purpose of getting into melee to use the venom spheres. because there is beauty in synergy and simplicity of function... :^) or are you next going to claim that learneans are well synergized with conversion beamers too? : ^)
Thread posts: 345
Thread images: 65

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.