[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Spheres of Power

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3

You know how you guys keep bitching about caster supremacy? Because this sounds right up your alley.
>>
>>47323999
I hear it has internal balance issues, so DSP only is still preferred.
>>
>>47324232
Balance issues? DSP? Please explain.
>>
SOP is only for children who want to play expy anime and doctor who characters.

It is very gauche.
>>
>>47325010
Yes, some spheres are vastly more useful than others.
And Dreamscarred Press made the PF equvalent of ToB+XPH+MoI.
>>
>>47323999
PF is still a bad game, even with bandages like that tacked on. In the end, why don't you just use a system that doesn't require getting a bunch of fan made supplements to not be entirely awful? Surely you can just try out Runequest or even other D20 fantasy games like Fantasy Craft.
>>
File: The Circle of Life.jpg (143KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
The Circle of Life.jpg
143KB, 1280x720px
>>47323999
Sorry Australian Satan, but it is still Shitfinder.
>>
>>47325352
>why don't you just use a system that doesn't require getting a bunch of fan made supplements to not be entirely awful

Because I am a clueless sod who has convinced himself that every tabletop RPG in existence is a perfect clone of Pathfinder or 3rd edition dnd, right down to the lore and the extreme amount of time it takes to learn them. As a result, I refuse to look at any other game because I assume they are every bit as obtuse, poorly laid-out, and full of hideous glaring mistakes. Also, I am quite content to spend my days mindlessly abusing rules glitches, ripping strategies off the internet, and congratulating myself on how clever I am for it. The possibility of accepting a lower power-level or having to think to solve problems is anathema to my long-complacent mind.

Also my friends are the exact same way, and even if I were to defy the odds and discover better games, convincing my friends to do the same would be a herculean effort.
>>
Okay, that backfired horrifically. Probably should have seen it coming, though.

I had an idea for a system once, but it amounted to "freeform with success/failure determined by coin flip". Have things deteriorated so much that this still sounds objectively better than 3.PF?
>>
File: 1312373009308.jpg (602KB, 597x842px) Image search: [Google]
1312373009308.jpg
602KB, 597x842px
>>47323999
>You know how you guys keep bitching about caster supremacy? Because this sounds right up your alley.

That's weird, 4chan must have had an image swap glitch, because this is the book OP was supposed to post.
>>
>>47325865
I meant in the sense of "casters and non-casters are more-or-less equal", but whatever. (Wait, d20. Never mind.)
>>
Y'know what fuck it. No spells, no SLAs, no supernatural abilities, no magic items, no alternate systems, no nothing. Ban all the magic.
>>
>>47327307
Why even play PF at that point. You can try Song of Swords if you want good melee combat.
>>
To hell with systems, let's just play chess or some shit.
>>
>>47327953
I never asked for good anything. I just don't want to think.
>>
>>47325764
Deteriorated? That was the status quo from the very beginning.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.