[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

D&D starter kit

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 5

File: verka.jpg (161KB, 980x552px) Image search: [Google]
verka.jpg
161KB, 980x552px
My sister wants me to play D&D shes getting for her birthday with my brother and me, HELP!

I'm not new to RPG videogames bu I've never played D&D

shes getting some weird "starter pack" of version 4 or something form the official website and I have no idea if D&D can even be played with only 3 people

I thought the DM couldnt also play so that would just be 2 of us and a DM

What the fuck am I in for tomorrow?
>>
Just asking, but exactly how overweight is your sister?
>>
>>47280689
female dwarf
>>
>>47280698
Now, in great detail, describe her beard.
>>
>>47280719
I feel we may have lost focus here.
>>
File: Human_male_Spellsword_fire.jpg (82KB, 500x748px) Image search: [Google]
Human_male_Spellsword_fire.jpg
82KB, 500x748px
>>47280676
Dnd is just playing pretend with rules influencing your choices. The DM tells you where you are and why and you tell her what you want to do. It is alot like a choose your own adventure book, but with many more options. Ex.

DM: "You are in the center of town. A man rushes by you, almost knocking you to the ground. A woman screams as she holds her stomach and falls to the ground. You see a pool of blood appear, but she is still moving. You can hear the man still fairly nearby. What do you do?"
>>
>>47280761
but then why buy stuff? I thought there was like a board or something apparently not.

I'M probablly the one with the most experiance out of us 3 in rpg stuff but this feels kind of embarrassing. also is it possible for of of the 3 of us still be the DM and play the game too?

it's her birthday so I want it to go well I suppose..
>>
File: Tiefling_warlock_familiar.jpg (168KB, 714x1000px) Image search: [Google]
Tiefling_warlock_familiar.jpg
168KB, 714x1000px
>>47280833
The stuff you buy is the story and character and rules stuff. People have written many stories and ideas for people to enjoy the same way books and games are made.

It is really not too crazy of a thing. Its just a social tabletop game the same way you play a game of monopoly or something. I recommend trying to think of a hero from a game you enjoy and trying to make a character based on that guy to get you more interested.
>>
>>47280897
I would LOVE if you could link me somethings to prepare? like youtube videos?

I'm not really feeling like watching vindisel is going to help
>>
File: Angel_police.png (71KB, 1000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
Angel_police.png
71KB, 1000x1000px
>>47280921
I dunno man I always feel better after watching Fast & Furious, but suit yourself. I just googled "what is dnd." I'm sure that the this thing is gonna explain it. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0coCYi05koo
>>
File: Elf_female_monk.jpg (201KB, 1178x1600px) Image search: [Google]
Elf_female_monk.jpg
201KB, 1178x1600px
>>47280947
Just a heads up as well. I never really find watching others play it entertaining. I can only even enjoy some stories from people from their own games. With the game it is much more interesting when you have a stake in it.
>>
>>47280736
Welcome to /tg/, enjoy your stay
>>
>>47280676
If you can stop her from doing that I'd recommend just googling the rules for Everyone Is John. If you enjoy the experience you can go from there. Also you mentioned that you said you have the most experience with rpgs, which is not true, tabletop rpgs are way different than their computer counterparts.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.