[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Jumpchain CYOA Thread #834: Makai no Hana Edition

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 453
Thread images: 31

>Google Drive
https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0B20r6rsFLOg_Zk5RdVdya3hJNnc&usp=sharing

>Jumpchain IRC Chat
http://client00.chat.mibbit.com/?server=rizon.mibbit.org&channel=%23JumpchainCYOA

https://kiwiirc.com/client/irc.rizon.net/?#JumpchainCYOA

>Rules
http://pastebin.com/Gqj3iKyn

>How to Jumpchain
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B1qb0_OLhDrDNjZmRG02SDFaRVk/view

>Last Thread
>>47241427
>>
Some Anon wanted to see the SpaceBattles Drive

https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0By-PsjJV5qdHMm5NSnFzNFZUUmM&usp=sharing
>>
File: tumblr_nrn9kfOgfM1sgk9e0o4_1280.jpg (32KB, 625x479px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_nrn9kfOgfM1sgk9e0o4_1280.jpg
32KB, 625x479px
>>47254406
I dont really know what I was expecting, but that just looks really sad. They all seem so lonely.
>>
>>47254406
Wow, it's kind of a turd.
There's just nothing there.
>>
>>47254406
I was kinda glad to see a Fate Kaleid Prisma Illya jump.
Read the jump.
No longer glad.
>>
>>47254406
That doesn't belong here. Keep it to yourselves.
>>
>>47254534
I don't get it, what's the series supposed to be about? Magical girls? I was unaware the Nasuverse had those.
>>
>>47254607
Zelretch made the Kaleidosticks. If Zelretch wants a setting to have magical girls, then by god that setting has magical girls.
>>
>>47254534
I had the same reaction.
>>
Is robobro dead?
>>
>>47254474
This just popped into my head, looking at that drive.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1d4C1ZQKmw4

>>47254534
>Some sort of Alternate Dimension
>You are not unlike a classical magical girl
>Giving bonus points for Saberface

wew
e
w
>>
>>47254534
Oh shit, forgot the best part

>he thinks it's common for magi to go to the Throne of Heroes upon death
>>
>>47254406
I'm surprised their shitty Exalted thing isn't there.
>>
Jumpers! Come, let us discuss the Demiplane of Dread: Ravenloft.

We've often talked about its nature, is it a trap or isn't it, and we've heard plans for dealing with it post-spark. But, if you had to fix or, at the least, frustrate Ravenloft and its Dark Powers before your spark, as a jump scenario, how would you do it?

How do you fix, terraform, or otherwise make habitable Ravenloft and survive?
>>
So uh, question. I just did some research, and one of the spells Ainz from Overlord uses is La Shub Niggurath, a Over-tier spell that summons an army of fucking Dark Young.
Can...Can WE do that?
>>
>>47254750
The guy in charge is attempting basic quality control and most people just don't care about it. The Kaleid jump is by the person in control of the drive, which is the reason why it got in. Even SB doesn't want the vast majority of SB jumps on their drive.
>>
>>47254903
Sugar Bowl has that capstone perk that lets you and your companions sing a place back to health.
>>
File: Breaking Bad.pdf (1B, 486x500px)
Breaking Bad.pdf
1B, 486x500px
And now for the jump that nobody asked for!

Should hopefully be jumpable but it was started and finished in 48 hours so there's probably a bunch of typos other goofy shit.

If you notice anything or just generally have comments or ideas please do let me know.
>>
File: image.jpg (168KB, 800x800px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
168KB, 800x800px
What ever happened to the Anon who was making GRRM's Wild Cards Jump? It had bunch of powers on a list, at weird ass pricing to boot.
>>
>>47254955
Wow, that's a quick turn around. Reading through it now.
>>
File: Capture.jpg (37KB, 973x98px) Image search: [Google]
Capture.jpg
37KB, 973x98px
>>47254904
>>
>>47254904
...According to the wiki, that's was a popular Over-Rank spell in YGGDRASIL. And that you first get access to those at level 70, and one for each level after that...

So. Uh. Probably if you go lvl100? Depending on what kinda spells you want? Definitely if you take the Summoning Specialization.
>>
>>47254955
I GUESS I GOT WHAT I DESERVED
>>
>>47254903

Ravenloft has several major populations of baseline humans. It's the demiplane of dread, yeah, but it's not actually supposed to be 100% deadly. Hell, Dr. Van Richten has literally been screwing with the management for decades despite being a frail old man.

Because they, and he, are afraid. That's all the dark powers really want. True, unconstrained fear. If you're genuinely terrified, they have no reason to actually kill you. The problem is if you aren't afraid, then the only use you have is to be made an example of to terrify everyone else.

In theory, if people were no longer afraid, even if their family is cut down around them, the Dark Powers might give up on everyone affected. Potentially meaning they get tossed back where they came from, like a breakfast burrito which turns out to actually contain styrofoam.
>>
>>47254534
Uh, my knowledge of the setting comes from here and the F/SN Anime. The fuck is a demi-servant?
>>
>>47255067
it's a spacebattles jump ignore it and move on.
>>
>>47255001
Holy shit. I...I don't even know how to react to that.
>>47255033
Apparently, according to the above it is possible. Still, wow. That's pretty insane. Wiping out an army and then immediately summoning even one or two Dark Young is pretty crazy for most settings, but five...with Level 100 plus Legendary plus a summoning speciality, it might even be more than that...
>>
>>47255085
So that isn't an actual thing?
>>
>>47255097
I don't know whether or not it's a thing, but I do know that it's on the wrong drive, it's a work in progress. And it looks pretty cruddy. So when you put all those together I'm pretty sure you shouldn't actually try to jump it.
>>
>>47255067
Thing from Grand Order where you summon the Servant into your body instead of a spiritual body. Alternatively they might mean something like Kuro where a Class Card fuses with a portion of someone's soul to make a new being.
>>
>>47254903
Harmon powered sun generators placed at intervals to keep the vampires at bay.
>>
File: wizards.jpg (7KB, 144x167px) Image search: [Google]
wizards.jpg
7KB, 144x167px
>>47255094
I'll help you along. The proper reaction is to put on your wizard hat, and start with the diabolical laughter.

The wiki notes that at lvl 100, the average Magic Caster could use Over-Rank spells like that four times a day. So... go nuts with it.
>>
My next jump is going to be either Index or Railgun, but I can't decide if I should go Electromaster/Imagine Breaker in Railgun or Saint in Index. Any help?

Also, does Malleable Reality affect Imagine Breaker at all?
>>
>>47255176
Kinda makes you want a Dynasty Warriors jump doesn't it.
>>
>>47254955
Hey C.C, how do you make your text selectable? Is is a specific program you use?
>>
>>47255208
>Dynasty Warriors
Yeah. Through I already wanted a jump of that beforehand.
>>
>>47255124
but isn't Harmon powered by the sun rather than its own energy source? Wouldn't you need a sun generator to power a Harmon generator?

>>47255205
no, trust me on this you want to pick up teleportation and malleable reality. There isn't much in the way of teleportation that can teleport things into things except in specific circumstances in TF2 and X-Men cinematic.
>>
>>47255263
But I already have the X-Men one.
>>
>>47255205
Why not both? Taking Esper in Index can get you Electromaster/Imagine Breaker too.

No clue. I'd guess not?
>>
>>47255313
Electromaster maybe, but IB is not an esper ability.
>>
>>47255313
Actually you couldn't get IB from that ), and if you did that, using your Saint powers would cause you to explode because it's a type of magic.
>>
>>47255332
You can use magic while being an esper, it damages your body but if you have regen you can just let that handle it.
>>
>>47255328
>>47255332
Huh, right. Sorry, my bad. Saint/Electromaster is still possible through. Just need a bit of regen.
>>
>>47255263
I wonder if I could flay someone by teleporting parts of them away.
>>
>>47255359
I'd rather not have to deal with that. It'll be annoying to spurt blood everywhere every time I use my powers.
>>
>>47255263
>Ripple is based on using the energy of the sun's rays through breathing and empowering the body with "ripples" of solar energy.

Not really.
>>
>>47255249
I make them in Microsoft Publisher and then convert them to .pdfs using the option in that programme. Initially when I tried it the .pdfs just wouldn't open in thread but it seemed to just start working for some reason. Don't have the patience to actually learn how to use photoshop properly.

Doing the imaging for jumps is pretty much just an image or solid colour backgrounds, boxes with borders and maybe a custom font for the titles anyway. You don't need a particularly complicated bit of software to do it.
>>
>>47254955
>Distinctive Hat
Can I pick a hat I already have to get the effect?
>>
>>47255304
oh you're all right on that front then, why don't you take meltdowner and laser the ever loving hell out of everything? No one ever takes meltdowner
>>47255389
that's a very nasty idea and I love it.
>>47255398
right but you need the energy of the sun's rays in the first place to do it don't you? So how are you supposed to make a sustainable sunlight generator if you don't have a sustainable source of sunlight?
>>
>>47255417
Thanks. I tried to do something similar with Word and power point but they just weren't turning out the way I wanted them to.

Your jumps look awesome though, and you can't do selectable text in photoshop.
>>
>>47255480
Hamon is empowered by the sun, now powered by the sun. You can use it without sunlight, it just makes it stronger.
>>
>>47255480
No. You can generate Ripples without any light.
>>
>>47255480
>oh you're all right on that front then, why don't you take meltdowner and laser the ever loving hell out of everything? No one ever takes meltdowner
Because it's boring. You can get lasers in a stupid amount of places, everything else has more going for it.
>>
>>47255528
>>47255522
that was not my understanding.
>>47255539
this is a good point.
>>
Actually, would using Toggle from YJ to turn off Esper powers when you need to use magic prevent the backlash?
>>
>>47255480
You don't need the sunlight, you produce power that is like the sun's rays. It's used several times in the series with no source of sunlight whatsoever. It's main use in the series was that you could produce an energy that would affect vampires like sunlight would, while in complete darkness that a vampire would be in.
>>
>>47255480
Meltdowner is kinda eh, to be honest. Plenty of superior laster abilities. Hell, if the energy blasts from Samurai Jack are on Aku's level, or can reach it, they're outright outclassed. Entire armies fell before his eye lasers.
>>
what kind on BS could you do if you got level 100 ,chose magic caster and the got the drop-in 600 cp perk
>>
>>47255595
You'd... be as strong as a level 100 warrior while being a mage? So, uh, you can lift?
>>
>>47255580
Might be a decent way to run it.
>>
>>47254971
I gave up after people started bitching about things being OP or too weak and taking powers as conceptual truths of the universe for some reason.

Probably should just use the Marvel system anyways but honestly, I cant be bothered to deal with it.

I already got a job in retail. I don't need people bitching about inconsequential crap like they paid me in here too.
>>
>>47254955
Hm. Kinda wish there was a 50cp option aside from Partner, to go with the discounted 300perks.

Looks good otherwise, I want basically two entire trees and all the general perks...
>>
>>47255563
I don't understand math but there it is Anon...

But no, Hamon just uses vibration to reproduce "sunlight energy" or something like that. You don't need actual solar power for it.

I don't even know why you bother with hamon. THE SPIN is where real niggas are. Seriously have you read Steel Ball Run. That's some reality screw right there.
>>
>>47255586
I asked KOTOR Anon this once before. He said that your energy beams could match Aku's, but they wouldn't have the same spread. So it sounds like you could use them to wreck tanks and blow holes in ships but you wouldn't be able to annihilate an entire city unless you had some kind of giant form.
>>
>>47255423
Yeah alright. Will probably stick in an import friendly option for the boots as well.

>>47255491
Cheers. Publisher always struck me as one of those 'but what is this actually for' programmes but then you realise it's all about lining up boxes and realise it was basically made for making CYOAs with minimal effort.

>>47255688
Oh shit yeah that was stupid of me. May just cut the 100 CP freebies down to 50 CP.

Pretty cheap for 50 CP but I know you guys are good for it.
>>
>>47254955
Holy shit the Chemist tree is amazing.
>>
>>47255765
>Publisher
Freeware or not? How much does it cost?
>>
>>47255586
Meltdowner ignores physical resistance, it doesn't care if what it's being used on is ceramic, steel, or paper, and it will travel out the other side of the material at the same speed as it enters it, not really being affected itself. It's properties that way are pretty rare, and makes it a pretty damned good beam of fuck you.
>>
>>47255765
>The Empire Business
Does this just work on drug/criminal empires, or also on literal 'I'm a god-emperor now' empires?
>>
>>47255796
Microsoft Publisher, one of the red-headed stepchildren in the Microsoft Office family.

For legal reasons I'm obliged to tell you that it's best to buy it at full price from a reputable retailer and not download it from a torrent site which will surely give you a virus as well as lead you down a path of unethical behaviour that ends with you being shot in an alley like the dog you are.
>>
>>47255836
Both. Only works for threats from within obviously and after a certain scale it'd probably get a bit irritating.

I mean even a god king can only squash so many beefs.
>>
>>47255796
It's Microsoft. Of course it's not free.
>>
>>47255816
Not that anon, and I really hate to do this… but I have to know.

How would Meltdowner fair against an Endbringer?
>>
>>47255906
Fuck if I know, I've never read worm. All I know for certain is that Meltdowner, being an electron beam is affected by electromagnetic manipulation effects.
>>
>>47255816
So, another good anti-drinktaker weapon?
>>
>>47255875
True. Might want to tune it out at that point. In the meantime, a build!

Timeframe: September 28th, 2008
Chemist [Free]
>perks:
No More Half Measures [100] This is so damn useful.
A Man Provides [100] Time to do so, I believe.
Negotiator [200] Combined with charisma boosts? Yes.
Tread Lightly [200] Intimidation helps in getting what I want. Cute perks mean no one expects it.
Stay Out of My Territory [300] Ah, yes. Getting in my turf? Bad idea.
Creative Chemist [Free] Chemistry! Always good to become better at SCIENCE!
Remember My Name [150] SAY MY NAME!
The Empire Business [300] Excellent. This'll help a lot with the times I through the effort of setting one up.
>items:
Hazmat Suit and Gasmask x2 [Free] Uh. Sure.
Mineral Collection [100] They're Minerals. Mineral specimens are good, and useful.
Partner [50] Might switch this out for a Distinctive Hat if that gets lowered in price. Not sure who to import...
>drawbacks:
Proud [+100] And why shouldn't I be?
Slacker [+200] I deserve a vacation anyway.
Kleptomaniac [+200] You... didn't need that, right?

So... mostly going to take a vacation, subsidize healthcare, and I don't know. Fuck around with chemicals maybe? I didn't watch this show.
Should I heal Walt's cancer?

Also, damn, cutting out The One Who Knocks was painful.
>>
>>47254708
I certainly hope not. That would be depressing.
>>
>>47254708
I think we killed him by suggesting Soul Eater.
>>
>>47256203
It sure as hell wasn't our brightest idea. It's like a completely unsubtle Lovecraft with a Hex equivalent, where the world hasn't ended yet only because at least two of the 8 known Great Old Ones are good. I mean honestly, how could that POSSIBLY go well for robobro?
>>
>>47256203
At least he didn't roll Imperium, so going down fighting or even just getting crippled was an option.
>>
>>47256247
>It sure as hell wasn't our brightest idea.

May I ask what the hell exactly WAS our brightest idea?

If we've ever had one?
>>
>>47256281
Well, by definition we have to have had one. Though perhaps "least dim" would be the better term.
>>
>>47256281
Making more jumps after Quicksilver's?
>>
File: 0b173816e76865a10d381a45b08c9bad.png (518KB, 1100x1200px) Image search: [Google]
0b173816e76865a10d381a45b08c9bad.png
518KB, 1100x1200px
>>47256281
By the sheer statistics, there should be at least one mixed in somewhere. Locating it, however, is the tricky part.
>>
File: antispiralhuman.jpg (48KB, 383x420px) Image search: [Google]
antispiralhuman.jpg
48KB, 383x420px
>>47254955
Drawbacks: Marriage Issues, Kleptomaniac, Proud (1500)

Chemist, Age 32

Creative Chemist (Free)
The Empire Business (1200)
The One Who Knocks (600)
Remember My Name (450)
Stay Out of My Territory (150)
Mineral Collection (50)
Hazmat Suit and Gas Mask (Free)

Um...

Honey, do we really have to have the talk right now? Yes we know that business in Tokyo was a bit intense but come now, we've been through quite a lot at this point. Alright, we get that it's a little jarring going from battles between heaven and hell to dealing drugs on the street but we thought the whole premise of this thing was, well. Standard procedure now.

No, no, you're right. Yes, we take your point but just because it's always going to be like this doesn't mean we can't keep going steady, right?

Well folks, things are a little heated (no pun intended) right now. After thousands of years of marriage, our partner has finally fully internalised the whole being an individual thing. And uh. She's...gotten the hang of getting genuinely pissed at us for apparently being a reckless, self-destructive workaholic WHICH WE'RE NOT, of course.

The actual dealing drugs part is honestly fairly relaxing by comparison. Fun thing about our product: Not only is it a Spice compound, but it has an enchantment that actually makes it a net health benefit, and breaks other addictive properties to corner the mark-

-what d'you mean, we "lose ourself in a preassigned role to avoid having to deal with our past failures" sometimes? That's the whole point of our bargain with the Benefactor, dammit! No, it's what we are! It's who we are!

And that's just.

Hey.

That cut deep, dammit.

That cut deep.
>>
Jumpers! Tell me about the sacrifices you've made!
Were they worth it?
Were they really?
>>
>>47256247
>>47256203
It may be the end of Folke's story, but I bet it's not the last we'll see of that anon.

He'll be back with someone new, from who knows where.
>>
>>47256520
Trouble in ParadiseLost?
>>
File: antispiralhuman1.png (60KB, 704x478px) Image search: [Google]
antispiralhuman1.png
60KB, 704x478px
>>47256079
Also I don't normally get involved in the great drinktaker debates because there are plenty of obvious, cost-effective solutions people seem intent on willfully ignoring at this point, but-honestly if you want to try and use Esper powers for that you might as well get Hard Science to figure out how to refine the esper power development process with clones.

Legend has all kinds of crazy lasers and the Endbringers are still standing. But the parahumans don't really have anything similar to Equal Speed and Chevalier's "merely" space-warped did punch all the way through Behemoth before he manually shut down the power.

Figure out the multi-skill system to harnes the Equal Speed, Teleporter, Synchrotron (maybe Dark Matter if you're lucky/had enough time to /really/ study espers) and you have something that could work based on what's been show of Drinkbringer durability limitations.

Mind you, Meltdowner might still work given Scion's primary weapon is also energy-based. It's just significantly less powerful than his beams, and since it doesn't have his stilling ability there's a much bigger chance of the Endrinkers pulling one last desperation attack like Behemoth almost did before Scion made him flicker into nothing.
>>
>>47256654
Great Will damn it, what is with my spoiler function lately? Every time I try to spoiler something, it just cuts out the space!
>>
File: 1461090570171.jpg (124KB, 850x940px) Image search: [Google]
1461090570171.jpg
124KB, 850x940px
>>47256538
I sacrificed my sense of rhythm to save the last of my Companions from the cluster-fudge that was my Alien Jump.

I swear. Asura Machina. Not even once.
>>
>>47256658
>checks Equal Speed
Ah, that just might do it. I wonder if that's something you could achieve as a Level 5.X Telekinesis Esper with the Malleable Reality perk. Although that particular use makes me wonder what else you could achieve with that perk and a lot of time... Teleportation power that moves things away from you as you touch them, letting you cut through anything with a hand? A Pyrokinetic power that lets you burn anything?
>>
So, folks, what's your favorite?

>Zerg
>Nintendogs
>Mystery Dungeon
>Gear Up
>Forgotten Realms
>Splatoon
>>
>>47257041
Zerg followed by Forgotten Realms.
>>
>>47257041
Coin flip between Zerg and Splatoon. Leaning towards Splatoon, all things considered.
>>
>>47257041
Odd selection. I'm going to say Mystery Dungeon. Splatoon and Nintendogs are good, I don't really know Zerg or Gear Uo, and Forgotten Realms deserves to be replaced with Neverwinter Nights, because FR is dogshit and NwN is pretty good.
>>
>>47256658
You could take Fiend in Megami Tensei and just kill Zion like that.

I mean, he's been grieving his mate for a long time. Even if it's not just snuffed out considering he only plays superhero to pass the time, he's pretty close to having no purpose in life.
>>
>>47257064
>says the hatchling Prismatic Dragon.
>>
>>47257041
Splatoon. I just like it.
>>
>>47257106
Nigga please, I Primal Bard all up in this joint.
>>
>>47256722
Sacrifices? I sacrificed my happiness for my compaions', maybe, and let them get off the ride. That's the only sacrifice I've been willing to make.

Never compromise. Not even in the face of Armageddon.

>>47254955
>Jump 570: Breaking Bad

>Age: 24
>Location: Face-first in the fries, Albuquerque
>Identity: Drop-In
>Perks:
>No More Half Measures (900)
It's always useful to know whether they're just telling me what I want to hear.
>A Man Provides (800)
I may not have much use for this right now, but... it is a useful thing.
>Blowfish (600)
Also known as dramatic license. Man, I really could have used this about 500 jumps ago.
>Nerves of Steel (550, drop-in)
Never hurts to be able to react when it's needed.
>Embezzler Extraordinaire (400, drop-in)
Knowing how to do it this well means knowing what to watch out for, too. It works both ways.
>Creative Chemist (300)
Honestly? I'm just getting this for the chemistry knowledge.
>Remember My Name (0)
"Say my name."
"Michael Cross?"
"You're god damn wrong!"
"But you said it was!"

We're not following canon today. I have been here - my family has lived it, and it only ended a few years ago when my sister finally got her head on straight, and so I am going full genre savior for this one.

The first thing I'm going to do is introduce myself to Walt and shake his hand; I am going to cure him via biokinesis, then sit down and have a very long talk with him about the direction his life could have taken. And then introduce him to Jesse, and talk to him about the direction his life could have taken. And then I'm going to help them find another path instead. Whether it's together or separately, I'll make sure they get a couple opportunities, before I move on and do my usual make-the-world-a-better-place thing. And for shits and giggles I'll cure Junior's palsy too.

The second thing I'm going to do is give a few other men a chance to either go home and rethink their life or to eat a bullet. It's more mercy than they deserve.
>>
>>47257041
Nintendogs, followed by Zerg, and then Forgotten Realms (Through Neverwinter Nights is better).
>>
>>47257169
"Say my name."
"Voldemort!"
"You're god damn right!"
>>
Do Adepta Sororitas have a version of Terminus armor? It's listed as a sub category for Elite Gear in the Imperium jump, but I want to make sure before I fund it with painful drawbacks.
>>
File: like a boss.jpg (16KB, 360x476px) Image search: [Google]
like a boss.jpg
16KB, 360x476px
>>47257203
Well said. Fifty points to Slytherin.
>>
OK so, in the Megami Tensei jump:

What does exactly means "Transcendent" in the Lord of Vermin Demon form? not wondering about power, just curious of the context.

And, we can purchase a demon form as a drop in, and be treated as demon by the efect of the Overlord's Seat rigth?
>>
>>47257203
This makes me think of a pair of Death Eaters dealing with some Snatchers that did something stupid(aside from becoming Snatchers rather than skipping the country)
"Does Voldemort look like a bitch?" "Because you fucked him like a bitch and he doesn't take that from anyone but Bella."
>>
>>47257268
Well that wouldn't be a thing if Bellatrix would just figure out how she's supposed to use that damn wand!
>>
>>47257239
His nose always makes me think of that ape chick that Mark Wahlberg had an uncomfortable relationship with in the Planet of the Apes movie.
>>
>>47257262
It's just flowery wording to segue into the other line which is supposed to make it clear that you're on a similar level to Beelzebub.

No. Only Demons can purchase demon races by default. If you buy one of the Capstones that make you part-demon then you're only part-demon and don't get any benefit from The Overlord's Seat's demon effect, both because you'll just get the human effect instead and because your growth limiters are already broken from having that sweet SMT-human potential in you.
>>
>>47257363
Uh, hey, SMTanon, would it be alright if I model the Herald/Boosted Chosen of Raphael body after the SMT IV Heralds rather than Metatron? I mean, he's cool and all, but I kind of wanted to go for the more eldritch design, just for cosmetics sake. Oh, also, World of Law. Would we have to deal with Metatron and Satan as well as the Heralds, the Messians, the Hero and Heroine, and YHVH?
>>
File: 1409941121959.gif (88KB, 1000x787px) Image search: [Google]
1409941121959.gif
88KB, 1000x787px
>>47257041
For once I have at least an extra half hour before work so I'll just jot stuff down.

In no particular order

Forgotten Realms. Despite how badly done it is I had stupid amounts of fun playing around with the possibilities.

Mystery Dungeon. Neat and to the point, Can't deny freedom of being nearly any non-legendary.

Final Fantasy. Pretty much all of them were ace. And if I listed any specifics it only won over just because I have intimate understanding of the setting/plot already.

Geneforge + Avernum. The settings are charming and the perks from each of these jumps were pretty great.

Master of Magic, Civilization, and Dwarf Fortress. All together because they let me lead a nation of fantastic creatures...which in and of itself is hilarious.

Alice in wonderland, Through the looking glass. Absolute concentrated flavor text up the wazoo. I just LOVE the feel I get from reading them.

Redwall. Because reasons and also because I like the perks and options available. Being a hardy sea vermin with a merry band of pirates who do nothing. Wonderful. Just wonderful

I could go on forever with jumps I want to shower with love. I actually have an easier time listing jumps I genuinely dislike than like or indifferent toward.
>>
>>47257064
>>47257080
>>47257086
>>47257147
>>47257192
>>47257433

So between a Zergling, a Rattata, an Inkling, a Chihuahua, and a Pseudodragon, which one would be the most entertaining to follow?
>>
>>47257451
Chihuahua or Pseudodragon, definitely one of those two.
>>
>>47257451
Inkling, if only because their unique and almost innocent outlook on the world would be something interesting to see interact with other jumps, from happy to sad to nightmarish.
>>
>>47257451
Inkling or Psedodragon would be my votes.
>>
>>47257451
A Baneling with a nervous tick
>>
>>47254955
Background: Lawyer (0/1000)

Perks:
No More Half Measures (100/1000)
Dumpster Diver (300/1000)
Negotiator (500/1000)
The Empire Business (1100/1000)
Attorney (1100/1000)
Confidence Man (1250/1000)
Criminal Lawyer (1550/1000)

Items:
Suits (1550/1000)
Partner - Drop-In (A Man Provides, Nerves of Steel, Double Life) (1600/1000)

Proud (1600/1100)
Hostile Work Environment (1600/1200)
I Did It For Me (1300/1600)
Lung Cancer (1600/1600)

I'm not just a corrupt, amoral attorney. I'm THE corrupt, amoral attorney. And that's my partner, the guy who handles the shit I don't want to stink things up.
>>
>>47257433
I wouldn't say Forgotten Realms is badly done, it certainly could be better, but I would mostly consider it unfinished. Especially when it comes to things like descriptions.
>>
>>47257428
Sorry, but no. I'm pretty sure I already screwed Wild Card out of a Perk by making Pillar Choir a thing, so I would rather not preemptively steal the thunder of anyone that decides to make a jump for SMT4/4F and add that as an option.

No. Metty and Satan don't exist at the time the jump happens.
>>
>>47257526
>implying a Baneling wouldn't require a waiving of the death rules
>>
>>47257451
A Pseudodragon hands down. Those things are adorable.
>>
>>47257564
>implying not waving them wouldn't make for good theater
>>
>>47257451
I vote for Cultist-Chan.
>>
>>47254406
>https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0By-PsjJV5qdHMm5NSnFzNFZUUmM&usp=sharing
Huh didn't know about this (I'm gundam seed anon btw)
>>
>>47257567
>Pseudodragon that previously served as a Wizard's familiar
>has seen things you wouldn't believe
>is adorable when genuinely pleased

I want this.
>>
>>47257562
I'm not reading your Jump until I'm done with mine, actually.
>>
>>47257451
All of them. At once.

So long as one survives to the end of the jump, all of them come back in the next.

The twist is that thanks to comedic shenanigans they all fucking hate each other and they don't get to know the rules so they never team up permanently.
>>
In the Overlord series jump how much would the abilities of heteromorphic races increase if they're level 100? For example, would the Angel's healing abilities or the Demon's evil spells be equal to 10th tier spells?
>>
>>47257634
>>The twist is that thanks to comedic shenanigans they all fucking hate each other and they don't get to know the rules so they never team up permanently.
>Familiars
So no one told you life was gonna be this waayyyyyyyyy
>>
>>47257634
While I agree that'd be hilarious, there's no way I could manage builds for all five of them at once.
>>
>>47257627
Which one are you doing?
>>
>>47257690
Strange Journey. It's going very slowly, though. I might do another Jump as a break to get back into the groove.
>>
>>47257627
So I did some quick searches on 4plebs to find the post I could swear you did concerning what Law people would get and Pillar Choir's existence. And I can't find shit.

So that's a huge weight off my back replaced by the weight of possible internet hallucinations. Huzzah.
>>
>>47257742
No, I don't think I ever did. It's going to work like it does in-game - you can initially wipe someone's will, leaving them as a blank shell only capable of praising God, but eventually learn to destroy their will and turn them into a devoted servant while still leaving most of them intact. Of course, its effects can be resisted by those with strong enough wills, so you need to break them first for full effect.
>>
>>47257233
Not really. Terminator armor is expensive and rare, only the Space Marines who maintain their own gear are able to really use them. However I think you could use it for Artificer Armor, which are one of a kind armor, that give the protection like Terminator armor.
>>
>>47257657
Not /that/ much. YGGDRASSIL has the heteromorphic races cost racial levels, with higher tier versions of those existing.

You'd probably have a fair bit of a more powerful form. Momonga himself has 40 racial levels... So, that's probably the best in terms of what you can expect for power gained solely from your Race.
>>
>>47254955
Is there a reason the drop-in 100 CP perk is discounted instead of free? I don't see prices for the origins.
>>
here are the builds for TOME: terrain of magical expertise and its avatar supplement

>>http://pastebin.com/qXTzv9Ua
>>
>>47257911
Nope. Just an error. Supposed to be free.
>>
And in light of the comments so far here's an update. Mostly just has the things people have pointed out don't make sense fixed.
>>
Are there any perks that give me the ability to have multiple minds that work together? Like one mind to move my body, one for perception skills, one to cast mental magic...
Yes, like Kumo Desu Ga Nani Ka's Parallel Will.
>>
Question for the Overlord jumpmaker, the description of Level 100 Drop-Ins says we can use 10th level spells or super skills, but can we use them as a Legendary Level 100?
>>
>>47252910
Terminator?
>>
>>47254955
Does Blue Sky replenish after a certain amount of time? How is that packaged? Where? Little more clarification, please.

>Double Life
Literally just what i've been needing. Great jump once again, CCDT.
>>
>>47258042
Off the top of my head, one of Gundam Jumps had a Quantum Brain that basically gave you a second brain to think with.

Tsukihime has Memory Partition.
>Training on partitioning your mind into multiple “parts” which are able to work on different sets of problems.

Only two I can think of off the top of my head.
>>
>>47258042
Gundam Anno Domini has Quantum Brain, which gives you the ability to think/do two things at once perfectly.

The Warframe update will have a parallel processing perk, when it's done. Up to six with the capstone booster, I believe.

Alpha Centauri has Secrets of Creation, which allows you to make new minds, which can keep you company in your brain.

Apart from, not sure.
>>
>>47258042
Somefaggit was working on a Grrl Power jump, which had that as an option for superpower.
>>
For those of you who have been to Worm, how did Panacea react the first time she got a 'peak' at your biology?
No lewd.
>>
>>47257977
I feel like The One Who Knocks overlaps a lot with The Blowfish and especially Tread Lightly. Maybe make it a little clearer what it does differently than those two?

Also, I love the idea of the Law Degree, because I need to be a preteen with a legitimate JD and Bar license.
>>
>>47258042
there is a psionic power from d&d that can do that, but it only gives you two minds.
>>
>>47258042
I believe Dune has something like this.
>>
>>47258042
The Queen Administrator shard from Worm gives you infinite multi tasking
>>
>>47258188
She immediately assumed I was some kind of super soldier put together by a tinker, given my perk combos it was a fair assumption.
I eventually managed to convince her that I was just another case 53 though.
>>
File: mindblown.gif (3MB, 500x333px) Image search: [Google]
mindblown.gif
3MB, 500x333px
>>47258188
Nothing at first. Enforcing Manton Effect most of the time.

For fun, I allowed her at some point through. Pic related. It was a bit like looking at a great old one, but somehow retaining your sanity and not being afraid.
>>
>>47258188
Pissed herself in terror. She was prepared for something that isn't and never was human. She wasn't prepared for something so impossible it made the Endbringers look like native lifeforms.
>>
>>47258188
Peek and peak are two very different things, anon. Which did you mean?

Either way my answer is Yes.
>>
File: Pseudodragon (2).jpg (17KB, 340x253px) Image search: [Google]
Pseudodragon (2).jpg
17KB, 340x253px
http://pastebin.com/Dk95YyhQ

Here we go again!

>1.
>2.
>3.
>4.
>5.
>6.
>7.
>8.
>>
>>47258283
Medabots
Pokémon Mystery Dungeon
Kung-Fu Panda
Imaginary Friend
>>
>>47258283
Hellsing
Ravenloft
Elder scrolls (either)
Spyro
>>
>>47258283
Rosario+Vampire
>>
>>47255208
Er, well, we do have one, it's just been sitting in WIP since... February 2015.
>>
>>47258283
>>
>>47258283
Teen Titans or Girl Genius?
>>
>>47258336
>Ravenloft as jump one

When did this fucking meme start.
>>
Rolled 1 (1d8)

>>47258334
>>47258336
>1. Medabots
>2. Pokemon Mystery Dungeon
>3. Kung Fu Panda
>4. Imaginary Friend
>5. Hellsing
>6. Ravenloft
>7. The Elder Scrolls: Morrowind
>8. Spyro the Dragon

>>47258339
>>47258358
>>47258360
And stored for later!
>>
>>47258349
We do? It's not in the WIP folder.
>>
>>47258376
There are level 1 campaigns that start in Ravenloft. Dark Sun is the one you don't want to do as Jump 1 - gotta be Level 3 for it.
>>
>>47258349
Its been what?

How the fuck did that happen
>>
>>47258376
What's wrong with it? It's a D&D campaign setting capable of supporting campaigns that start at level 1. Dark Sun is the one you've really gotta start out for - gotta start that at level 3.
>>
>>47258401
>>47258479
Fuck you, 4chan. Don't eat my post for five minutes then finally update when I rewrite and repost it.
>>
>>47258159
Anyone know how thats going?
>>
File: incubators hate her.jpg (85KB, 680x400px) Image search: [Google]
incubators hate her.jpg
85KB, 680x400px
>>47257095
>checks out Fiend perk
>Achievement Obtained: Killed Zion With One Perk.
... welp. Last call, gentlebeings! The bar is closing!
>>
>>47258660
It's never gonna stop.

Everybody wants THEIR method of killing Zion. Doesn't matter if the canon method is easier, doesn't matter if somebody's found an easier method period, the anon that wants to murder Zion wants to do so HIS way.
>>
File: 1457189275866.jpg (282KB, 573x1941px) Image search: [Google]
1457189275866.jpg
282KB, 573x1941px
>>47258283
You made me laugh. Out loud. You deserve this.
>>
>>47258699
You overuse that image.
>>
>>47258789
Not that anon, but what are you talking about? I haven't seen that image on here for some time.
>>
Rolled 98 (1d100)

Ignore me. Rolling for a plot point in my Hellsing Jump. Have a mostly naked lady wearing an octopus hat as filler.
>>
>>47258398
>>47258465
Interesting. It's not there when I check now, yeah. But I still have a copy, and the date I downloaded it is in the filename.
>>
>>47257657
Less raw strengh, more utilitarian stuff.
Job levels are stuff that anyone could manage, fighting and 'most' magic skills. Of course, this includes includes thing like the ice knigth thing Cocytus has going on.

Racial levels are anything a non human can do. For example, Demiurge's claws/aspects of the devil or Pandora's Actor ability to use ~80% of any one of the 42's power, rather than the "pale imitation" of the dopelganger bought in-jump.

Remember that same as job-levels, racial levels are not a sliding scale but a tree.

Going from imp to devil to demon to demon lord or
Imp to devil to dark prince or any other possible race in between.

Or dragonoids taking eastern dragon shapes with their own powers

Any road gives unique bonuses to each level, which means that you could have huge demon warrior centered on direct combat, as well as an evoker or a teleporting 'nigthcrawler' style theif.

Spells and such are equal, but depending on the build some are just more efficient or strong. For example, Momonga is a skeleton, so he doubled down in necromancy and insta-death spells.
>>
>>47258686
Mine is traveling to the parallel Earth containing their Core's mass and detonating it. No muss, no fuss.
>>
>>47258859
k
>>
>>47258850
... You know, being one of the 42 and Pandora's Actor taking your Jumper's shape, sounds like a bad time.
>>
As you know Assassination Classroom has ended. I figured it was good time as any to really update it. I really just changed the Underachiever Capstone & True Ending. Oh I took out some the restrictions. Only true restriction left is that seriously harming a student/teacher or killing one them will end the jump. Killing others are fair game and of course killing Korosensei is always game.
>>
>>47258699
...Did i miss somehting??
>>
>>47258904
Clearly.
>>
>>47258892
You would think so, but apparently his magical power (mana) is (IIRC) the only invariable stat, so you could easily outlast him.

Unless you reffer about him tarnishing your name, in which case, yeah bad times.

But still, i remeber he only had so much leeway to emulate power levels. Only ~80% and only of the 42supreme's. Everyone else's seemed to be more limited.
>>
>>47258927
What was that about the list?
I get the D&D story but why the numbers?
>>
>>47258828
There's a poster that loves that image. LOVES it. He posted it whenever he could, even when it didn't make sense, and he eventually got bitched at for it.
>>
>>47258895
I think you should limit Statistics to just skills. The No CP Bought limit doesn't work that well considering how many perks can be gained through various means within jumps.
>>
>>47258895
So wait, all we have to do is kill Korosensei in order to get the True Ending? That...that seems much easier than the previous True Ending, which required both of the 600cp drawbacks.
>>47258943
Hey Overlord anon, if you don't mind, could you answer this >>47258052?
>>47258970
Huh. I mean, it's a neat image, but I agree there's no need to spam it.
>>
>>47258958
The numbers, I'm guessing, are the slots to be filled by jumps to take.
>>
>>47258979
Just skills? Ok, but I'll need some others to agree.
>>
>>47258839
Ah thats a very early draft. I'm surprised anyone still has a copy of it.
To reiterate if anyone feels that they can do a better job with DW I'm fine with putting it up for adoption.
>>
>>47258660
How does that kill Scion?
>>
>>47259009
Not that anon, but basically the theory goes that after his mate's death, Scion doesn't have much to live for besides maybe playing hero. The Fiend perk allows you to kill those kinds of people instantly, as an avatar of Death. Hence forth...
>>
>>47258996
>>47258979
I'm for it. Seems like that cap is a lot better then the other capstones if you can also use it on abilities and magic and shit. Fits the series better as just skills too.
>>
>>47259046
Oooh. I was confusing Fiend with Tyrant.
>>
>>47259070
Admittedly, Fiend sounds more demonic and menacing than Tyrant, so you'd THINK that would be the "Ultimate Evil" or whatever demon race, but...
>>
Speaking of SMT, how much will either Lord of Vermin or Tyrant + Demonic Infusion improve my chances of winning the war if I take Bels and Whistles?

What about the perk that lets you kill gods via pure skill that maxes out at level 99 or whatever?
>>
>>47259158
Not SMTanon, but, well, unless you're a demon taking Demonic Infusion, you won't be able to purchase Vermin Lord/Tyrant, it caps off a a 200cp demon race. However, if you are a demon I'd say that they would improve your chances, as they would not only grant immense power, but you'd have the form of a demon and a reputation. Yes, reputation, did you forget that SMT is a multiverse? So everyone's going to know who you are. Also, just a heads up, doubt Demonic Infusion's going to allow you to mass produce Vermin Lords and Tyrants, though you'd have to ask SMTanon about that.
>>
>>47259158
>What about the perk that lets you kill gods via pure skill that maxes out at level 99 or whatever?
Aw fuck, sounds like I need to make a new Strike Team capstone.
>>
>>47259254
Did you forget all jumps, even if they take place in the same multiverse, are treated as separate unless your given a 0cp drawback to maintain continuity?
>>
drawbacks stutters, alcohol, principle $&@#%? And gymnophobia

identity morty
perks get your $&@# together, the demon you know, you can squanch all you want, focus on science, hidden wavelength, personal space, wubalubadubdub, &$@?#, get schwifty and what's up my glip glops

items portal gun, interdimensional cable, interdimensional goggles, laser gun armory, grappling shoes, plumbis, flask, conentraited dark matter, roy a life well lived and partical beam wristwatch
>>
Alright I changed the last part of Suprisingly Humansensei. Also removed the abilities from Statistics. Lastly the True Ending I noticed was way too easy compare to the last one, but I wanted to make it somewhat of a challenge. So now you have to take one the 600cp drawbacks, but they go away at the end when you kill Korosensei when he's suppose to die. However you'll have to survive 9 more years where the all the world's governments and assassins are trying to kill you.

Other than that I think it's set.
>>
>>47259273
It's a little different from what anon was saying. It's a capstone booster that allows you to pull off SMT protagonists rapid power level climbing, though it takes decades compared to the months it takes for the MCs.
>>47259288
Difference is that the beings in each game are the same. You're not fighting a different Metatron in Nocturne or Devil Survivor, it's the same one. Highly doubt that they're going to forget someone like you.
>>
>>47259309
Irrelevant. Doesn't matter who they are or if they are the same, they're different versions of the same person. Unless you get a continuity drawback, no one will remember you.
>>
When does the during the document that which who do you think? I know that the first one is safe.
>>
>>47259158
Well, Dormant Power's big boost is reliant on SMT logic so it's not as great post-jump.

Except Devil Survivor runs on SMT logic and you also have the Harmonizer bridging the gap. So you're gonna be pretty overpowered, I guess.

If you're going demon to get the 1000 CP races and intend to use Demonic Infusion to study yourself and give people ridiculous high-tier powers, just remember that it's not entirely mass producible. Depending on how you fanwank the actual procedure, you might lose whatever bits of demonic power you give away from your own body, never be able to get them anywhere near your level, or just kill yourself during the surgery.

If you don't want to make your own army of mini-yous to use as back up, then I don't know why the hell you're getting Demonic INfusion instead of Fusion or Union.
>>
>>47259340
The what in the who
>>
>>47259309
Ah, that could work. My current idea is basically uncapped combat skill growth - as long as you're fighting something on your level, you can always get better.
>>
>>47259340
Care to rephrase that?
>>
>>47259158
>>47259254
>>47259358
Shit. I meant Primordial Might + a 1000 CP option, not Demonic Infusion.
>>
>>47259431
Or would Demonic Fusion be better? I really don't know shit about SMT. I just really like the demonic themes.
>>
>>47259365
Thanks!
>>
>>47258988
>>47258052
Not OL Anon but i fucking love the novel

>the description of Level 100 Drop-Ins says we can use 10th level spells or super skills, but can we use them as a Legendary Level 100?

So im going on a leg here and assume you mean Drop in's are unable to go beyond level 9 in magic or use super-move martial arts. and you are wondering if purchasing 'Real of Heroes' changes it.

Short answer:no.

Longer answer: Each origin Drop/Warr/Magi has their own specialization. drop in's being the thief/rouge/red mage class. The 'player build' was made round that style of playing.

Now, getting 'Realm of Heroes' makes you from an 'average' level 100 to an 'optimized' level 100. Meaning you are strong enough to beat well equiped (obviously, divine equipment would tip the scales) player even while using rags that donot boost you. You are not "stronger" but better. You still remain in whatever class you 'maxed out'.

Even though you still cannot (significantly) go beyond your magical or physical limits, these two perks combined give you a build analog to Momonga's, in the sense that your build is a combination of levels that inlocked a new Racial set or Job. These secret clases are often plain and simply awe inspiring, for not saying broken.

Momongea, a litch focused on insta-death effects, obtained the Eclipse class: it gave him the ability to sap the life of an area (players, plants AIR and even UNDEAD) and leaving them both massively damaged and vulnerable to insta death effects.

A human Rouge that played assassin could have unlocked a class that, besides giving him great evade bonuses gives him a stab-everyone-in-the-throat-this-very-second skill. Maybe the demon-rouge version has one that gives his knife's the ablity to flat out ignore armour.

Maybe the mage that focused on ligthing attacks could pull a massively damagging AoE attact that just Vaporizes anything without thunder resistance.

Maybe a Dragonoid that can become a giant Dragon for a while...1/2
>>
>>47259431
>>47259449
Primordial Might gives you great physicals whose growth tapers out eventually and acess to Almighty element, which is always great, but isn't the best in this particular scenario since Beldr actually nulls Almighty.

Demonic Fusion speeds up your growth rate as a demon and lets you choose another Race for free.

Demonic Union, in turn, lets you BUY more races at discounts but since you took a 1000 CP race you'll either have to get the 0 CP stuff for their unique powers/resistances or start stacking them drawbacks.

If you're building specifically to become King of Bel later buying The Overlord's Seat with a 1000 CP race and grinding in your demon form for a few centuries before jumping DS is a safe bet.
>>
>>47259461
Point is, you dont get more beyond your build, but 100' and hero' get you "unfair" power boosts based on the playstyle. Hell, an insect player (maybe demihuman) could just summon his own literal army of chihuahua sized ants.

A vampire could temporally turn day into nigth, give itself (and its converts) a boost, regen, and chepen their magic. All at once because they took both vampirit levels, and administrative ones (Pandora's actor had "King of the fortress" as job) and unlock the "vampire count/king/etc" or "Dracula" maybe even somthing to do with imapling too...

A Birdman that goes for magic could make a hurricane and get a ludicrous boost

A figther that goes barbarian could have a berserker state that is just technically not a devil trigger

Who knows, think of something amazing, make a build around it, and get a bonus for whatever classes or jobs would be a requeriment.
>>
>>47259578
Demonic Fusion gives you the same human-rate growth that the thorn crown does, right? I know I'll have to take drawbacks, but I like the flavor of it.
>>
>>47259629
That is correct.

Also this is just a general question for the thread, but what's your favorite SMT demon?
>>
>>47259578
Honestly, you'd probably be pretty good with just one of the 1000cp options. The strongest Bel is Beezlebub if I remember correctly, meaning Lord of Vermin would definitely put you on par with him. If you fused with another 1000cp race you'd crush him.
>>
>>47259674
>If you fused with another 1000cp race you'd crush him.
Aren't you limited to 600CP races?
>>
>>47259585
How 'bout a Warrior-Cleric(with RoH and LV100) that bursts in golden flames, doubles his stats, healing/boosting allies with his ligth and making holly-fire damage... And his armor gets a Sun motiff regardless of what he was wearing?
>>
>>47259693
Only with Demonic Fusion. As a demon there's this perk that allows you to buy two more demons to fuse with.
>>
File: Velvet Alice.jpg (315KB, 567x1175px) Image search: [Google]
Velvet Alice.jpg
315KB, 567x1175px
>>47259674
Incorrect. The strongest Bel is technically Belberith, though Babel holds the majority of Bel's power. How powerful is it? It revives and summons all the other Bels as a boss rush.
>>47259664
Alice.
>>47259585
Could we pull of Shalltear's Valkyrie/Vampire combo, thus giving us an immunity(or is that resistance?) against holy magic-
>temporarily turn the day to night
Oh.
>>
>>47259707
Yep. Go full Sunbro.
>>
>>47259741
>Could we pull of Shalltear's Valkyrie/Vampire combo, thus giving us an immunity(or is that resistance?) against holy magic-
Of Course, if have the CP you could even get better. Not sure if Shalltear counts as the upper tier 100's or the exact tier of her equipment but it is very possible

>>temporarily turn the day to night
>Oh.

I meant as an aesthetic option, not literally turning the planet.
Think Alucard's personal special effects that make the moon red.
>>
>>47254971

Not sure what you are referring too, I'm the guy making it but I haven't posted anything on it yet.

Taking some time with an improtu break of a week or two, and working on some other stuff. But it is getting made.
>>
>>47259664
So does Demonic Fusion do the same thing that Dormant Power does when taken as a Demon?
>>
>>47259804
A while ago this guy >>47255665 was making it. Big ass square of powers and walls of text to explain why a power wasn't shitty or Overpowered.
>>
>>47255665
Probably for the best, I actually am working on that one called it a few weeks back. They might of giving you extra-shit thinking you were me.
>>
>>47259834

yeah I saw that just now actually. While my opinions are known and I don't mind someone making a duplicate jump its probably for the best he dipped out. If only to spare me more accusations.
>>
>>47259797
>Of course...
Hey, neat. There's already some fire resistance/immunity perks, so combined with that all I'm weak to would be positive energy.
>upper tier 100's
Looking at the source material, that would probably be Touch Me, Demiurge's creator, and/or Albedo's younger sister. Then again, the latter is supposedly the strongest being period, so I'm not sure if that would be wanking, even if you had Legendary 100 with Divine equipment.
>Aesthetic
That's cool too.
>>
>>47259821
No.

Demonic Fusion makes you a human-demon hybrid, which means you have the growth rate of a human while wielding the power of a demon. This is the case regardless of whether you're a human or a demon to start with.

Dormant Power does what it does. It works on the assumption that you're human, as humans are the ones who pull that shit regularly in-universe, but there's no requirement that you be human and the development potential it gives you will not extend to your demon powers.
>>
Rolled 1 (1d8)

>>47258383
1. Medabots

- Drop-In
- 27 years old
- Collector {900} - "Having served as little more than an item caddy for several decades, and drawing on my draconic heritage, I have developed an unhealthy predilection for hoarding."
- Why Was This Dropped Here? {700} - "I haven't even begun my terrifying and sickening metamorphosis into the very thing I despise most and I'm already getting, what was it, 'loot drops.'"
- We Have The Technology {400} - "I was not aware that I had taken Craft Wondrous Item. The possibilities of this intrigue me greatly, in a manner normally reserved for the less-than-mentally-sound!"
- Basic Medabot {Free, Male Tin Pet} - "I think I will call you Olsta the Unbending, and use you to fight my enemies! This is a much safer course of action than fighting them myself!"
- Medal {Free} - "I have only recently learned what this does and I am already planning to make excellent use of it."
- Rare Medal {300} - "Some of the whimsical nature of this plane must be rubbing off on me, because I am laughing hysterically right now!"
- Medawatch {Free} - "So THIS is how you control it! How am I going to fit it on my anything?"
- Mysterious Cloak {Free} - "Just like the old days, when Arquebos walked into a town and wanted to hide his identity for no discernable reason!"
- Signature Outfit {Free} - "This looks like a cold-weather garment made for cats. I'll take it!"
- Spice-A-Roni {250} - "This foodstuff is delicious and I desire more."
- Favorite Part {200} - "These legs will contribute to propulsion! By which I mean this machine can fly now."
- Medabot Tools {0} - "And now I can repair it!"
- Move On

"So, how was your trip?"

"I feel like I did seventy years ago!"

"Is that... good?"

"Is my Base Attack Bonus +2?"

>1. Rosario+Vampire
>3. Kung Fu Panda
>4. Imaginary Friend
>5. Hellsing
>6. Ravenloft
>8. Spyro the Dragon
>>
>>47259949
Huh, so Demonic Fusion is a way better option if you're a demon? Does that mean that Demonic Fusion gives you better developmental potential overall because it takes into account your existing power and expands upon it, while Dormant Power is more of a static boost to power?
>>
drawbacks MC-KUN/MC-CHAN, blood-lust, boiling blood, low priority, super pervert, angst, annoying catchphrase and there's how many movies

background civilian family
location kumogakyre the hidden village

skills & abilities basic ninja training, fine control, hoshikage, chakra enhancement specialization, you have reserves, puppeteer training, medical ninjitsu training, akimichi water, earth, fire, wind and lightning elemental chakra affinity and genjutsu illusion techniques

equipment basic gear, signed icha icha series, dosh, fuinjutsu kit, specialized gear, melody arm and crystal ball

companion ninja party, apprenticeship, nin-animal and teammates
>>
So i've decided to bight the bullet and watch Supernatural.

I'm to understand that I should stop after Season 5?
>>
>>47259949
How much slower do demons grow? If you take Demonic Union without the crown, are you seriously gimped?
>>
>>47260085
Well, why are you watching it? Is it research for the jump? Buckle down to suffer all the way to season 10 because 1-10 all take place in the jumps time. Just for fun? Go from season 1 through to 5 and you'll generally have a good time.
>>
>>47259301
I like it, small spelling mistake in the description for Statistics in the last sentence though.
>>
>>47260085
This >>47260120. Trust me, the drop in quality alone will hurt, but if you want to be prepared for the jump, you're going to need to suffer through all the nonsense you'll deal with.
>>
File: fortunat (1).jpg (36KB, 220x444px) Image search: [Google]
fortunat (1).jpg
36KB, 220x444px
>>47259834
As far as Wildcard powers go I kinda have a feeling I know exactly which ones he tried to make work, there are a few far too versatile and ambiguous to work as jumper powers. Mark Meadows and Croyd Crenson would allow you to essentially make any power set you want for your character. And Fortunato and the Astromoner have "magic" as a power...Not too mention their sex/death based powers.

I do plan on having a magic based power although mine is going to have a limited amount of tricks you can do when charged and charging requires some sort of real life spiritual practice of your choice you must perform rigorously. But I hadn't decided if that will make the final cut.
>>
>>47260197
Wasn't most the powers psionic related?
>>
>>47260085
Just give it a chance. Who knows, you might become a fan.
that's how I started watching it, too. Research for the jump
you stop really caring in season 11. After watching 5 seasons, you may as well go all the way.
>>
>>47260009
Well, the thing is... ah, fuck it, time to get people drunk.

You know how Worm powers grow? Well, imagine a Perk in another jump that let you lift 20 tons. With enough training, that will grow to 200 tons. You're given the timescale of half a century for this without other Perks speeding it up. Now, if you purchased Alexandria Package, you could theoretically reach the same level as that unrelated Perk eventually. The question is, are you willing to wait that long?

Dormant Power is the unspecified perk in this hypothetical while Alexandria Package is being a demon with human potential.

Also don't forget that being part-SMT human only boosts your SMT demon powers. Just making that clear.

>>47260099
First, I have literally never once performed any sort of physical training, so this hypothetical probably sounds like nonsense to anyone who lifts.

If a human trained for a year, and went from lifting 180 lbs to lifting 200 lbs, a demon doing that same training would go from lifting 180 lbs to lifting 182 lbs.

Keep in mind that demons have ludicrous power compared to a human to start with, so it's more like you lift a fucktonne of tonnes and build up from there.
>>
>>47260215
All powers are actually. The virus itself is made to boost psionic powers and this is how the powers and how joker bodies work. However several Aces have powers that are based on their spiritual beliefs or some they were learning at the time. Even they realize its bullshit but the wildcard psionic virus essentially makes it real for them.
>>
>>47260062
>kumogakyre the hidden village
MC drawback puts you un the plot and locks your location to Konoha.
>>
>>47260120
>>47260164
Mostly for fun. Some just to see if all the hype is worth it.

>>47260220
Eh, maybe. I've read and watched some horrible shows before, so who knows.
>>
File: Dr. Tachyon.jpg (32KB, 330x464px) Image search: [Google]
Dr. Tachyon.jpg
32KB, 330x464px
>>47260266
The wildcard virus was created by an alien race of humans called the Takisian. The Takisian are identical to humans although no one knows exactly why or how, although they have highly developed psionic abilities. The virus was made to make one House's mind lords stronger than the rest, but its far too dangerous for its intended use. The Takisian House used earth as a test site. One of them came to earth to stop it but failed, and basically became a Doctor to Wildcard infected patients/superhero named Dr. Tachyon.
>>
Rolled 4 (1d8)

>>47259968
2. Rosario + Vampire

- Drop-In
- 15 years old
- Human {Free} - "I'll let them think that. Hahahaha."
- Above the Influence {Free} - "I've lived among women far comelier than yourselves for long enough to grow absolutely SICK of them, young ladies."
- Combat Skills {Free} - "Oh, my! New 'weapon proficiencies!' Yes, that's what he called it!"
- Lucky {900} - "If this keeps up, my Armor Class will go through the roof!"
- Transformation Magic {700} - "What do you mean, 'cats aren't dangerous?' I've seen a housecat gut a man in six seconds."
- Not Quite Dead {100} - "It's going to take more than THAT. No, seriously."
- School Uniform {Free} - "It chafes, but that's better than nothing."
- Mirror of Truth {Free} - "Ah, yes, a mirror of True Seeing. Useful!"
- Bite-Sized Monster Dictionary {0} - "Monster MANUAL, actually. The omniscient voice insisted."
- Move On

"Excuse me, sir!"

"Huh?"

"Yes, are you the one constantly, incessantly, unfailingly referred to as 'Tsukune?'"

"Um, ye-"

"The one constantly and infuriatingly lusted after by multiple individuals of the opposite sex and of alternate species?"

"Uh-"

"I just wanted to inform you that your current state of being nauseates me in ways you have no possible means of comprehending. However, I do not wish to die, which is why I waited until you were alone to deliver this message and why you will not tell anyone you ever saw me."

>1. 007
>3. Kung Fu Panda
>4. Imaginary Friend
>5. Hellsing
>6. Ravenloft
>8. Spyro the Dragon
>>
>>47260474
So a pseudo dragon as an imaginary friend? Huh.
>>
Overlord (LN)

>Rolled Re-Estrize for location
>7+1+4+10=22 for age
>Local
>Human
>Drop-in
>Explicitly not taking Tolerance for Evil and Themed Aesthetics

>Identify Talents (free)
>Magic Learning Affinity (free)
>Martial Arts Prodigy (100)
>Use Any Magic Item (200)
>The Realm of Heroes (free)
>Level One Hundred (800) (did anyone not take this?)

>Class Skills, Drop-In: All 3 (900)
>Skillful and Resourceful (1000)
>Skillful Acquisitions (1200)
>Tireless (1400)

>Golden Coins (free)
>Medium Tier Equipment (free)
>A Local Hero (free)

>Foreigner (1300)
>Sub-par Equipment (1100)
>Powerless (1000)

Powerless is kind of incentivizing me to take this as a fairly early jump, and based on what I've read this isn't necessarily a bad idea if I don't bite of more than I can chew and instead just have MMORPG adventures. I was hesitant on whether to take Sub-par Equipment until I remembered my ranks in Rogue, trying to steal myself a set of powerful equipment sounds like it could make for an interesting goal. Plus, the points I got from that let me buy the two learning talents, which sound like they'd be absolutely terrifying in conjunction with Skillful Acquisition.

How bad is this setup? Am I doomed, or will I be okay?
>>
>>47260589
You're a fucking Legendary Level 100. Outside of Nazerick and the Platinum Dragon Lord the number of things that could actually threaten you is 0.
>>
>>47260622
Heroic, not Legendary. I always get those two mixed up.
>>
>>47260244
That does help, thanks.
>>
>>47260244
I'm gonna be honest, that analogy doesn't really help at all, especially since the Alexandria Package doesn't give exact numbers on it's growth rate. Is either perk, when taken as a demon, better in a specific way?
>>
>>47260689
Dormant Power caps out but has much more visible results overall while the human potential stuff for demons will let you keep growing in power for the rest of the chain.

Do you want a specific point where Dormant Power gets overtaken, or what?
>>
>>47260732
How much faster does Dormant Power grow at first? And yeah, some kind of estimate would be great, thanks!
>>
>>47260732
Also, does Dormant Power cap out eventually for humans as well?
>>
>>47260589
Level 100's are basically GODS.

Legendary 100's are virually Gods

A mage build that had crap for defense could reasonabily pull a spongebob and live his daily life being pummeled by the champion of Re-Estize every minute of the day and he probably would take thee to five days to even notice someone was trying to harm him.
>>
>>47260732
Also, does Dormant Power cap out for humans as well? And is it safe to say that Demonic Fusion is much more versatile, because it helps you grow all of your SMT Demon powers while Dormant Power is just fighting ability?
>>
>>47260855
>>47260891
Woops.
>>
>>47260589
I thought lvl 100 was 600 points?
>>
Rolled 3 (1d8)

>>47260474
3. Imaginary Friend

- Trickster
- Look, He Pulled A Rabbit Out Of A Hat! {Free} - "Ha! Ha! Now I can cast Minor Image!"
- You Stupid Dummy! {900} - "If I had 1 GP for every insipid, festering morass of drivel that flowed forth from your mouth at every possible opportunity, you worm-eaten oaf, I would be able to purchase entire kingdoms!"
- Get 'Em Hobbes! {600} - "I find this only slightly more amusing than I find it insulting."
- There Was Rainbows And Marshmallows And Kitties And... {300} - "Finally! I'll have the opportunity to combat the unspeakable horrors that stalk my nightmares!"
- Refilling Snappers {Free} - "These amusement devices are almost certainly magical in origin! Unless of course the mundane crafters have devised some explosive compound I'm unaware of!"
- S-See... Spot... R-run {0} - "The most difficult part of this will be filtering out the questions I WANT answers to from the ones I DON'T."
- Move On

"How was it?'

"Like being a familiar, only not soul-crushing. All I had to deal with was a petulant child with little self-control, and the rigors of maintaining the farcical image of myself as a playful and upbeat companion."

"Well, then."

>1. 007
>3. Kung Fu Panda
>4. Teen Titans
>5. Hellsing
>6. Ravenloft
>8. Spyro the Dragon
>>
>>47260770
A Mou-Ryo with Dormant Power would take about 30-40 years to reach their cap. That's about enough to fight Arioch equally, and be a key member in killing Astaroth or Surt with like-minded individuals. Those are the big dick OGs. If you want something more concrete for post-jump purposes, I have stated previously that a normal human with just a maxed out Dormant Power could survive a fist fight with comic book Aquaman, and possibly win if they actually had a way of hurting him.

That same Mou-Ryo with The Overlord's Seat active would take closer to 300-400 years to see that type of growth.

>>47260891
Yes. Pretty much. Keep in mind that Dormant Power IS a capstone booster, and is also the easiest way of being strong enough to take part in the plot without buying one of the 1000 CP races.
>>
>>47261000
Oh wait that is cumulative, I am an idiot.
>>
Does any one have a good answer to >>47244890?
>>
>>47261040
Wait wait wait. So i could go as demon, boy a 1000 class, then buy demonic fusion to get the potential?
>>
>>47260589
I didn't. I wanted that World-Class magic doubler and the Mage 400 and 600. I can always hit level 100 in-Jump.
>>
>>47261040
So does the Mou-Ryo have about the same potential as a human? And does the potential granted to a demon by Demonic Fusion scale with the power of the race purchased? Does Dormant Power? About comic book Aquaman, given the inconsistency of that medium, can you give us a more consistent example of what you can do?
>>
>>47261110
Reduced level means that you dont get too OP via breaking the 600 perks powers. is supposed to balance out people that decides to go for all of those supercharged perks
>>
>>47261164
Well I was mostly referring to the
>It makes it sound like you are gaining the power to fight vastly powerful entities at the cost of not being able to obtain strength of your own.
part
>>
>>47261148
No, you cannot.

You Do Not land in YGDRASSIL the mmo, you land on the same world the Novel takes place.

The level system does not exist. Only the power Nazric had carried over.
>>
>>47261164
Wait, does that mean that there's no point in buying 600 perks if you have Dormant Power?
>>
>>47261203
Well, then I can still achieve that level of power. If it's possible then it's possible.
>>
>>47261242
True you could achieve that kind of raw power but all the powers and abilities of a true lvl 100 would be beyond you.
>>
>>47261124
Yes. You'll have to dip into drawbacks for that though.

>>47261110
I legitimately don't understand what you're asking there, but all I can say that isn't repeating the answer I already gave is that it's just a way of discouraging Capstone stacking and I am not nerfing any other abilities you have or may gain.

>>47261159
Anon, I used the Mou-Ryo race as an example because they're weak as shit. Any demon with The Overlord's Seat or Demonic Fusion will have the same sped up growth rate. It's just that a stronger demon will start developing from a higher point. No.

https://www.reddit.com/r/respectthreads/comments/29b5wf/respect_aquaman/

New 52 version away from water, with his powers still at max. Keep in mind that for Dormant Power, you're mostly relying on your ridiculous ability to dodge things you shouldn't be able to dodge in order to not get turned into a bloody smear.
>>
>>47261242
If you have a few thousand years that is.
Level 100 was the absolute hard cap in the game, meaning, that is as strong as they could possibly get, the limits of magic and martial arts.

It is stated in jump that the shortest you can make that span is "a few hundred years".

That is why Level100 is a 600pointer with no discounts. It is the equivalent of cheating reality so it lets you destroy mountains with the swing of a sword.
>>
>>47261298
>Yes. You'll have to dip into drawbacks for that though.

Charmed. Kowing me, i would just laze around, but with WoC then I just know I will be getting the necessary bloodshed. Power here i come!

WEEEEeeeeeee...~!
>>
>>47261269
The only one I see which looks impossible is the defensive thing, and that's useless against anything that'll actually be a threat at that point.

>>47261310
Should take me a year or two, then. Gotta love Worm.
>>
>>47261298
So about as powerful as he normally is, but without his fish friends and his agility underwater?
>>
While we're talking about Overlord, does anyone have any idea as to what rank 10 unholy magic gained through the divine caster perk would look like?
>>
I'm looking for an ability that makes you immune to all mental influences. so far the closest I have been able to find is 'unpossesable' from the Generic Horror Movie jump, but that only protects against possession, and not other forms of mind alteration or control.

You guys know any abilities that fit the bill?
>>
>>47261407
Pretty much.
>>
>>47261427
Abomination from Dune protects you from everything but yourself.
>>
>>47261427
There's one in DC that sounds pretty close to what you're describing.
>>
>>47261350
>Gotta love Worm.
How so?
>>47261427
>I'm looking for an ability that makes you immune to all mental influences.
TryBreaker of Chains in Bartimaeus

>You are now immune to just about all foreign influence upon you. Any magic that would suppress your will, force you to obey someone else, or even restrict you physically, now just slides off like nothing.
>>
>>47261446
Also, how well would one of the 1000 cp races fair? What about a fusion of three 1000 cp races?
>>
Here's my plan to permanently link the First Flame in Dark Souls. How likely is it to fail?

>Aquire the Lord Souls
>Use a combination of Buffy Magic and Soulfire to create a Soul (more of a non-sentient blob of energy, really) based on my own
>Use Real Eater and Ensoul to give the Soul both Strong Soul and my own ability to regenerate my soul at absurd speeds
>Cannibalize the Lord Souls and feed them to the Soul
>Shove it into the First Flame
>Permanently seal away the First Flame's location

So did I make an infinite Age of Fire or cause a mishap so big it makes the Bed of Chaos look like a puddle of spilled (demon) milk?
>>
>>47261040
Is The Overlord's Seat/Demonic Fusion softcapped after a certain level of growth, perhaps dependent on the power of the demon?
>>
>>47261561
Real Eater can't change Ensoul to work with things other then magic. Why does no one ever read the rules?
>>
File: pseudodragon.jpg (119KB, 800x1000px) Image search: [Google]
pseudodragon.jpg
119KB, 800x1000px
>>47261006
4. Kung Fu Panda

- Way of the Traveler
- 22 years old
- Bird (Hawk) {900} - "Now this is a rather neat trick!"
- Panda Village - "How did I get here?"
- Iron Fists {800} - "It appears I've, what was it, 'taken levels in Monk!' This will most certainly be helpful later."
- Slithered Body Style {700} - "If you think you can catch me, you have a lot to learn."
- Sharpened Feathers {600} - "The best part is that this will still work in my natural form!"
- Rubber Body Style {Free} - "Is this supposed to be some sort of joke about my natural form's rather admittedly serpentine shape?"
- Sticky Dumpling Style {500} - "I will humiliate you in ways that are quite literally delicious."
- RoF Style {400} - "Or perhaps in ways that simply amuse me. Living with a Wizard will do that to you."
- Food Shop {100} - "And should I ever require extra funds, I suppose I can always peddle these wares."
- Secret Formular for Living Clay {-100} - "Oh, my. That's useful."
- Awesomeness Is a Force {0} - "Gaaaah! If you could stop blinding me with your childish, over-the-top antics for ONE mo- oh who am I kidding, I'm actually enjoying this."
- Move On

"You know, you're going to need a bit more room for all of the things you're gathering up."

"Did you have something in mind?"

"Consider it YOUR personal demiplane."

"I'm listening."
>>
>>47261040
>>47261562
Or I guess I mean, are there diminishing returns?
>>
>>47261350
Keep in mind that Enhanced Mastery doesn't help build physical stats. So while you might be able to learn a rank 10 spell in a few weeks or pick up the skills of a level 100 warrior, you aren't guaranteed to have the mana necessary to cast the spell, or the insane durability and strength of a warrior.
>>
>>47261581
I'm not. I'm changing it from "store magical powers in an item" to "store magical powers in a soul".

Besides, is there any reason you can't change it to let you store other types of powers? It says you can't change the SOURCE of powers, but that's not what you'd be doing; you'd be changing the end result. Whatever power source Ensoul uses (the Benefactor or your own magic, I'd guess) would still be the same.
>>
>>47261581
Because nobody wants to be limited.
>>
Rolled 2 (1d8)

>>47261582
WAREHOUSE
- ForceWall {100} - "A Permanent Wall of Force, with infinite hitpoints and Hardness? I dare say this is the most useful thing I've ever seen!"
- Shelving {Free} - "Ah, yes. I could use this."
- Medbay {80} - "So this demiplane is Positive Energy-Dominant?"
- Free Space {50} - "I've seen bigger. Like Arquebos' Private Beach Plane."
- Food Supply {40} - "I have a bad feeling I'm actually going to need this."
- Loft {30} - "So I can stack them atop one another?"
- Housing {10} - "That IS rather comfortable, actually."
- Workshop {0} - "I'm also probably going to need THIS."

>1. 007
>3. Girl Genius
>4. Teen Titans
>5. Hellsing
>6. Ravenloft
>8. Spyro the Dragon
>>
>>47261562
>>47261587
There's no "proper" softcap, but you need to exert yourself more and more to keep growing in power.

You can't just get that one Item with the infinite weight barbell either. Your power grows with actual serious fights, so eventually you'll end up being unable to get stronger at all in certain settings or have to go way beyond what a jump expects you to deal with in order to keep growing in power.
>>
>>47261729
Not those Anon's, but how long does it take the Overlord's Seat to "fill up" and start letting you grow at human rates?
>>
>>47261427
Resistance from Shadow of The Colossus specifically states immunity to mind manipulation even up to god level entities. Only one at a time though as its not enough to take on two at once.

Resist and Bite from sabaton causes pain to those who attempt to alter your mind. Doesn't really make you immune but it stacks nice with other such perks.
>>
>>47261729
You could also use that one perk from order of the stick that gives you level appropriate random encounters to grind like a mofo.
>>
>>47261581
It's okay to ignore rules if they're stupid, like that one.
>>
>>47261748
If you just fight stuff on your level, a century. If you actually push yourself and regularly fight things stronger than you then a decade.

Keep in mind that jolly cooperation won't "dilute" the power you gain, so that second one really isn't that difficult so long as you have allies.
>>
>>47261826
Well now I know why stupid_dog doesn't post much.
>>
>>47257977
on the one hand cool

On the other i'm a little put out by the lack of being a DEA goof. Oh well lawyer it is.
>>
>>47261561
Supreme Ultimate Doomsday levels of fail
Souls are actually alive (duh) while the one you make isn't really sentient fusing it with the other lord souls will give it some memories and a personality. Since its regenerating it is by definition capable of adaption and eventually evolving true sentience, and like anything being immolated it's going to try and escape. You will have unleashed a super-soul abomination onto the world more powerful than the gods, and likely driven to omnicidal levels of rage from being born in eternal pain and fire. Even if you didn't use the lord souls it would eventually reach this point on its own as it has some echoes of your own memories. Also there are ethical ramifications of burning what is essentially your child for the greater good.
>>
While we're on the topic of Dark Souls, if I take the whole "war of the dragons" drawback, what do you think I'd have to do to get a lord soul of my very own? I was thinking of yelling at the first flame until I had screamed myself hoarse, personally.
>>
>>47262003
Murder its previous owner. Given that you are starting all the way back then you could even murder Gwyn for his whole Lord soul before he splits it between his subordinates if you so desired.
>>
>>47262003
>Give me a lord soul.
>No.
>Give me a lord soul!
>No!
>GIVE ME A DAMN LORD SOUL!
>NO, UP YOURS JUMPER!
Is how I personally see the whole yelling at the first flame thing going, if only because it amuses me.
>>
>>47261841
By the way, as a Herald, how powerful are you compared to other members of your family?
>>
>>47261954
Eh. I mean the Lord Souls are just pieces of the First Flame that are manifestations of the four fundamental aspects of the world and can be freely broken apart and given to others (apparently without mindfucking the people they're given to)?

And I was going out of my way to make sure it's just a big clump of energy with no real potential to actually experience anything, because burning my spirit child for eternity semmed a little dickish. I mean, I know Narrative Causality will push it towards becoming an insane rage monster wielding the power of the gods, the Flame, and my own soul, and then hunting me down, but I was trying really hard to avoid that.

Or should I just scrap this plan, fuck around while I'm there, and come back to fix stuff after I'm a nigh-omnipotent Oldwalker?

Ooooor should I give the Flame itself sentience, then awaken its Aura, then do the same for the Abyss and sic them on each other?
>>
>>47262121

Well, you know what they say, the harder you try to avoid something, the more likely it is to happen to you.

Also, plan C is best plan. But how would you do such a thing?
>>
>>47262151
No clue. D&D magic can probably do it somehow?
>>
>>47262118
Stronger than Uriel, slightly stronger than Raphael, slightly weaker than Gabriel, weaker than Michael.
>>
>>47262186
Could you answer>>47261515
>>
>>47262186
Man, I know some people gave you shit for it, but I really wish you'd use a name when talking about your jumps. Would make it a lot easier to find the answers on the Archive and to figure out which one your are in a thread.
>>
File: 004Charmander.png (759KB, 1280x1280px) Image search: [Google]
004Charmander.png
759KB, 1280x1280px
>>47261702
5. Pokemon Mystery Dungeon

- Charmander {Free} - "What sort of creature is this now? It clearly possesses a breath weapon and even grows wings later on, but is not considered a true- oh. OH."
- Partner: Phanpy {Free} - "I suppose we should discuss the elephant in the room. A companion? An actual traveling companion, who pays attention to me for a purpose besides combat? I've not a single level in Cleric and yet the gods have decided to bless me!"
- Natural Instinct {900} - "This is very helpful, actually."
- Multitalent {800} - "As is this!"
- Hyperkinesis {400} - "An Epic version of Combat Reflexes? I enjoy this greatly!"
- Move Expert {200} - "This will go a very, very long way toward me not dying a horrible, agonizing death!"
- Map Surveyor {0} - "Here is a hint! I know exactly where I am going!"
- Explorer/Rescue Badge {Free} - "I can only assume this is necessary for my purposes!"
- Pokemon Square - "This place seems rather quiet."
- Move On
- BONUS! Final Moves: Flamethrower, Fly, Dragon Pulse, Focus Blast, Solar Beam
- BONUS! Ability: Blaze

"You! You are my friend, correct?"

"Yeah! Name's Bugle! I'm a Phanpy! So what's your name, Charmander?"

"My name is Riffna. Did you know that you are the first living thing to show any real concern at all for my wellbeing?"

"No? Gosh, that sounds awful!"

"It was! That is why we are going to be best friends forever and ever. First, however, you will have to teach me what sorts of things friends do together."

"I still can't believe you've never had a friend before! Living like that... how do you stand it? How could it even happen, and where?"

"That is a story spanning seventy years and several campaigns. Horrid, grueling, unfathomable campaigns."

Welp. Anyone mind drumming up a Slot 2 filler?
>>
>>47262232
Gear Up

Get yourself a TANK. Then go to Redline, make it a mech.

Then import it through all the mech jumps possible.
>>
>>47262121
Well if you are a power at any cost kinda guy you could come back after you spark and try to reabsorb it back into you. It probably would become quite strong in your absence and would be a nice boost. This would also probably doom the world (not like there would be much left of it)

The current interpretation of the lore is that the linking and fading of the flame is a cyclical event inherent to the setting so permanently linking and sustaining the flame would either fix everything wrong with the world or throw the natural order permanently out of balance.

Awakening them would be interesting and you might figure out the source of and how to create humanity if you befriend the Abyss as an equal, or the secrets of the soul if you befriend the Flame.
>>
>>47262250
Someone hasn't seen the secret Dark Souls 3 ending.
>>
Rolled 1 (1d8)

>>47262245

>1. 007
>2. Gear Up
>3. Girl Genius
>4. Teen Titans
>5. Hellsing
>6. Ravenloft
>8. Spyro the Dragon
>>
>>47262232
Undertale. If only because I want this formerly friendless being to meet the cast and gain many friends.
And maybe because I want to see him fight Omega Flowey, but hey.
>>
>>47262250
have you SEEN DS3?

There is no natural order. EVERYTHING is wrong with that world. They have some Bloodborne-tier twisted shit goin' on as a result of the First Flame and the futile attempts to keep it lit.
>>
>>47261427
Dream Power from Kirby provides, along with a buff to attacking creatures of darkness and evil, "immunity to possession and mind control".

My Name Is Jake! from Animorphs makes it so that "Your will is immense; you will not be controlled. Anyone or anything attempting to directly control your actions through mind control or physical hijacking will be sorely disappointed, as your indomitable will powers through their control. This is particularly effective against parasites."

Power of Dominance from Castlevania (note: jump has loss conditions) makes your soul untouchable without your consent.
>>
>>47262265
Nope, my house was robbed and my system stolen, and I've been trying to avoid spoilers. The Jump-chain is my primary source of entertainment at the moment.

I take it I'm missing something crucial - sorry my bad.
>>
>>47262250
Well, the natural balance is the cycle. Near the end of an Age of Fire, reality gets distorted, hence how Jolly co-op works and why Dark Souls 3 is several kingdoms smashed together. So I doubt permanently prolonging the Age of Fire will be much worse. Especially considering that indefinitely prolonging it is fully possible normally - it's just that there are never really enough people who are both willing and powerful enough to continually link it.
>>
>>47262318
Not your blog.
>>
>>47261702
>- Housing {10} - "That IS rather comfortable, actually."
And now I'm wondering what a Pseudo-dragon's idea of a "fully furnished home" is...
>>
>>47262346
Don't be a dick.
>>
>>47262335
And technically, both the Fire and the Abyss are aberrations and massive breaches of the natural order. The natural order of that world is that everything is static, with nothing existing beyond grey crags, Archtrees, and Everlasting Dragons for ever and ever.
>>
>>47262186
So is Beelzebub about as powerful as Gabriel, going off of Lord of Vermin being as powerful as him and being priced the same as Herald? Is the Lord of Vermin race a bit stronger than the Herald race, at least in a straight-up fight?
>>
>>47262209
Ah, sorry.

It depends on the race. The big deal here is that they need to actually be able to hurt him. Lord of Vermin and Guardian are shit outta luck in that regard. Fiend can side-step the issue entirely. Herald and Tyrant both can do it if they go all out. All of them can keep up with him on land, but none are fast enough to handle his underwater speed, with the exception of dragonform Guardian and possibly transformed LoV, if their pest is particularly adept at swimming.

The tribrid can beat him out on land, but they still can't damage him meaningfully with "regular" attacks. They're not quite dead in the water anymore, but if the fusion is part-Guardian and can activate dragonform or is also a LoV, they'll be best off.

>>47262212
That was DevilSurvivorAnon, actually. But I guess I can do it too.

>>47262370
Correct. Don't forget the out-of-combat stuff Herald has, however.
>>
>>47262346
>someone gives a legit reason to not knowing a game ending
>gets bitched at
Get that stick out of your ass, anon. I bet you bitch at people for daring to have different opinions, too.
>>
>>47262392
Wow, the 1000 CP options will struggle that much against Aquaman? ...Apparently SMT is nowhere near as crazy-powerful as I've been led to believe.
>>
>>47262392
About how powerful would a Tyrant/Vermin Lord/Fiend tribrid be? Could we take Michael head on and have a good chance at winning?
>>
>>47262392
That's still pretty good honestly, given that Aquaman can apparently tank hits from Wonder Woman. And by 'regular attacks' not being able to damage him meaningfully, I assume you mean punches and such won't do much, but something like the Herald's Almighty aura would probably hurt him pretty badly, right?
>>
>>47261427
No Delta Brainwave from Futurama makes reading your mind impossible and makes you "somewhat more resistant to mental manipulation"
>>
>>47262415
SMT 1's pretty much where the power levels of the series were most reasonable/"weak". They get ridiculous in Nocturne, which is where most people get the power level. For reference, YHVH goes from needing the Megido Arc in SMT 2 to cleanse one planet of life, to one of his avatars being able to create/destroy millions/billions of universes. By that logic, Thor shouldn't have NEEDED nukes to wreck Japan.
>>
>>47262415
I have opinions concerning your statement. That is all.

>>47262442
You'll beat him most of the time. Keep in mind that if you stack that many races, he's never going to even consider fighting you without softening you up with a good few legions of angels and having the rest of the quartet with him.

>>47262458
Correct.

I'm gonna ask the thread again: what's your favorite SMT demon? I'm a fucking goober and decided to add some more stuff to the jump but now I want more companions since all I put in before was Jack Frost and the two canon options.
>>
>>47262392
And injure Darkseid, damn.>>47262458
>>
>>47262487
Wow. It's like if Shounen and the Suggsverse had a really want baby.

>>47262521
I don't particularly care either way and I know Aquaman is actually pretty powerful these days. I was just a little surprised, is all.
>>
>>47262521
And I shall say again: Alice! If we could get the demon/Fiend version of her as a companion, it would be pretty cool. Aside from her, though? To be honest, I'd like to have Belial and Nebiros as a sort of combo deal, maybe for 400-600. Those two were always a great duo, and I can't help but enjoy encountering them in the various SMT games.
>>
>>47262415
Keep in mind that Aquaman's actually pretty strong in the New 52, to the point that he can at least put up a fight against Wonder Woman, who's not that much weaker than Superman.
>>
>>47262521
Louis Cypher is a pretty cool guy.
>>
>>47262521
I know absolutely nothing about the series beyond what I've read here and in the jump, but I chose the Fenrir option and that seemed neat to me, if that counts.
>>
>>47262521
Moh Shuvu
>>
>>47262521
How horribly confusing would People find a Gaurdian/Herald/Tyrant, or would you just pick a faction and say you just always had those abilities?
>>
>>47262563
Pretty much. Then you also have how vague some of comments on power levels are, and the lack of feats for most besides the MCs and the Great Will, and it gets even worse, especially because power levels fluctuate. The Archangels go from final bosses to mid-bosses, Satan goes from simply being an incredibly powerful demon lord in SMT 2 to a timeline/planet/universe(again, vague) buster in Imagine. Oh, and the Archangels? Their mere arrival is enough to destroy the human world apparently in Devil Survivor Overclocked, even though that makes no fucking sense considering how they work everywhere else. Trying to understand SMT power levels is like trying to understand comic book/shounen power levels with no feats and the only information coming from commentary that could be truth or could be bluffing.
>>
>>47262392
How would someone who only took Chosen of Raphael, Demonic Fusion, and Dormant Power, forgoed the boosts, and trained to their cap do against Michael/Aquaman? How do they compare to a 1000cp tribrid?
>>
>>47262521

I liked that level 1 mook pixie from Nocturne who got the giant powerup if you dragged her all the way through the game into the optional dungeon. But if you're talking SMT1 companions, you could maybe do something like the "fuse your dog into Cerberus" thing.
>>
Rolled 5 (1d8)

>>47262288
6. 007

- Timothy Dalton - "Who and what?"
- Drop-In
- 27 years old
- Legendary Wit {Free} - "I'd say the situation here is a bit TENse, but that would be an overly NEGATIVE way to go about this. You've HIT a few good POINTS in your manifesto, but your time is up."
- Road Rage {850} - "I appear to have taken ranks in the Ride skill."
- Suave and Sophisticated {550} - "I'll let them think that."
- Tuxedo {500} - "This garment is impractical, but stylish."
- Super Watch {400} - "I like this timepiece. It is very functional."
- Gadget Master {100} - "Again, I am enjoying this in ways usually meant for the not-quite-mentally-sound."
- Fieldcraft {0} - "I can only hope I will not actually require this skillset."
- Move On

"That place was weird."

"What makes you say that?"

"A lot of the people weren't very nice, and some of them tried to take over the world! And then there was that Bond guy. I just don't get him!"

"Bugle, there is a story that I should tell you. I suspect it will explain everything you need to know about these things to you. Unfortunately if I tell you this story, it will destroy your youthful innocence and exuberance forever, which would also make me very sad! So I will not tell you."

"...I don't really get you either, Riffna, but if you've got a problem I'm here."

"Haha, yes! That's a thing friends do, right? I am learning very much about this friendship!"

>1. Undertale
>2. Gear Up
>3. Girl Genius
>4. Teen Titans
>5. Hellsing
>6. Ravenloft
>8. Spyro the Dragon
>>
>>47262835
>Hellsing
Oh God.
>>
>>47262849
Time to see the Crimson Fucker.
>>
>>47262577
Kinda threw the idea aside since she's just a regular girl in 1, but I can work something like her demon version in if I add the duo too.

>>47262591
...Something springs to mind, but it's not really a traditional companion. Noted though.

>>47262596
Being a cool wolf is always a good option. I approve.

>>47262601
...I guess I can indulge your desire to be a failure as a human.

>>47262609
Tyrant does have the vague implication that you began existing after Lucy and a bunch of other scary demon guys already were on the block, so you can fanwank yourself as being new enough that people only know you exist. If you did so, then it'd be pretty fucking confusing for everyone involved.

>>47262685
They'd beat Michael most of the time. Aquaman, it depends on what race they chose for Fusion, since there are some which might be able to bring him down eventually. I just want to point out, they'd have better odds against fishboy if they took the Chosen of Raphael boost, since that gives them a solid Almighty attack.

They start out losing, but if the tribrid is part Fiend or Guardian (and it can't use dragonform) then it becomes an even match. If its part both, then regardless of its third race, the tribrid likely loses.

>>47262813
Huh. I guess a pet import could work.
>>
Would a Prototype with truly perfected control over their powers be similar in abilities to a full body Parasite from Parasyte the Maxim?
>>
>>47262849
Look on the bright side, you can get Girlycard as your companion/waifu.
>>
>>47262877
I only know about moh shuvu from that persona quest
>>
>>47262877
Why does part Fiend or Guardian do worse?
>>
>>47262879
Probably, Parasyte would make an awesome jump though.
>>
>>47262927
Save Reiko Tamura.
>>
>>47262877
By the way in the jump it mentions that if you forgo the boosts from dormant power you can become even more powerful than you would be if you took them. Does that mean you lose out on any unique features the boosts would have got you?
>>
>>47262901
I am going to judge you aggressively.

Is it the one with the artificial Fool?

>>47262912
The Fiend part just doesn't contribute much for actual fighting. Its instant-kill can be really good, but unless the tribrid is making a point out of using it then the fight won't last long enough for it to activate.

Guardian without its dragon form, mind you. It does worse because all of its big flashy combat stuff can only be used when transformed.

>>47262949
Correct.
>>
>>47262983
Yep. It's actually not a horrible read. What the hell is the deal with Moh Shuvuu though?
>>
>>47262983
So, about the Herald's ability to make angels with shards of their power. Is there a way to regain that power without the angel's death? Kind of want to make an army of angels, but if it's not possible, alright.
>>
>>47262835
7. Hellsing

- 19 years old
- Drop-In {1400} - "Wait, why do I gain a bonus to my existing budget?"
- Unassuming {Free} - "I'm going to assume I'll need this."
- Unwavering {1300} - "You think you're going to show me Hell? I've been dragged there, to the Abyss, and worse places besides! You can't show me ANYTHING worse than what I've already witnessed!"
- Weapon Channeling {1000} - "This extension to my budget is spent, and I find myself with a rather strange new ability."
- Holy Empowerment {600} - "Since when did I possess levels in Paladin?"
- Hellsing Arms "Jackal" {0} - "This weapon is rather interesting. I wonder what its, how do you say, 'damage dice' are!"
- Move On

"Riffna, what's going on?"

"It appears high-level technologists of some kind are at work, making war on each other for fun and profit!"

"Why? All of this destruction... that just can't be right!"

"I'll tell you why, Bugle! This is what they enjoy! This is what makes them happy! Those men up there, in those airships - this is all they ever wanted! Power! Influence! It's just like back home, but with fewer Wizards!"

"Hey, don't look now, but who's that behind us?"

"Oh, that's - actually I don't know who that is. Excuse me, blue-clad Humanoid female of remarkable Constitution and Charisma scores! Who are you?"

Gonna need a new Slot 5!
>>
>>47263022
Ranma 1/2
>>
>>47262983
So under what circumstances is the Fiend's powerset suited to combat? Could it be useful against, say Aquaman/other people in the Justice League?
>>
Rolled 7 (1d8)

>>47263036
>1. Undertale
>2. Gear Up
>3. Girl Genius
>4. Teen Titans
>5. Ranma 1/2
>6. Ravenloft
>8. Spyro the Dragon
>>
>>47263022
>blue-clad Humanoid female of remarkable Constitution and Charisma scores!
*snerk*
>>
>>47262983
I am looking for some clarification on Dormant Power

>Additionally, Dormant Power by itself gives you the sheer potential power the Player Characters exhibited, going from struggling to kill Pixies to murdering deities and demon royals by the dozen

>At about the point where the Hero became able to kill Yama, the judge of the dead, he still could not break normal steel bars. Even after the end of it all, the Hero still could die in a cave-in. While you might eventually reach the point where you could defeat world-shaking gods, you’ll somehow do so only with skill leveraged by normal human strength, durability, and speed.

>Of course, there is a catch. Manipulating cosmic energy so finely, becoming God’s Medabot, surviving what amounts to spiritual self-mutilation...that doesn’t come without price. Delving into game terms for a bit, Dormant Power gives you a maximum Level Cap of 99.

This gives me the impression that Dormant Power gives you the ability to fight impossibly powerful entities at the price of limiting the amount power you yourself can possess, essentially turning you into a Campione during their first battle with a god.
>>
>>47254955
Would taking the cancer drawback when I have a healing factor turn me into an avocado? As much as I love Deadpool I don't want to look like that.
>>
>>47262998
If you're asking in general: there's a guy in Strange Journey who crushes on demons super hard. A Moh Shuvuu is the target of his affections once and he thinks she's older than she looks, like most demons, when in reality she has the mind of a child. She then gives him shit for it.

>>47263005
Your power regrows. It just takes a long time, and even if you absorb the angels you made anything over your limit is wasted so you can't powerlevel that way.

>>47263042
The big draw is that it's a certain one-hit kill so long as you live long enough in a fight while focusing on bullshit like writing a poem you're legitimately satisfied with or playing the guitar to activate it. It doesn't contribute much because you need allies to force people to stay in your range and not try to kill you, or an area that can deter others from attacking you to make the best of it.

It would. For example: Superman, as you know, lacks any notable resistance to magic. If you present yourself as non-threatening and get him to not take you seriously from the start, you can likely kill him.

>>47263104
Anon, I have said multiple times that Dormant Power works independently of anything else you may have. The description just assumes you don't have anything else to properly state its limits, and the Level Cap only applies to itself.
>>
>>47263193
Apologies if the answer was already given, but –

What happens should I buy Demonic Union and two 1000 Demon races?
>>
File: PARTYTIME.jpg (109KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
PARTYTIME.jpg
109KB, 600x600px
>>47262521
Erm, demon-demons or SMT demons in general? Aesthetics-wise, Seraph is pretty cool.

Also I've always felt bad for Lilith. Sure she's a baby-eating temptress who's also the serpent that cast them out of Eden in the SMT continuity, but she waits thousands of years to patch things up with Adam-sempai and...even in the Chaos route, he goes on without her again.

>>47261581
I don't know, either. Always seemed pretty straightforward to me. But yeah, big shadow head's a lot less useful than some people seem to give it credit for.
>>
>>47263193
That is exactly what I wanted to know. I've only played a persona game, though SMT is looking pretty interesting if I ever get enough time to play a jrpg again.
>>
>>47263223
You're a big deal, to the point that unless you hide recruitment and assassination attempts are inevitable, but unlike if you took three 1000 CP races there won't any armies being brought against you or permanent demonhunts to worry about.
>>
>>47263237
To be fair, Lilith tries to kill both Adam and Eve at least two or three times before her boss fight, and in general fucks with them, like when she paralyzed the entire party and stole Belial and the glancing pot.
>>
>>47263267
...Ah. My apologies again.

What I meant - do I discount the second 1000 CP purchase?
>>
>>47263267
Correct.
>>
>>47263267
What does the lvl 99 cap translate to? What kind of limit does this impose on you from the perspective of someone who is not familiar with SMT?
>>
>>47263193
>The big draw is that it's a certain one-hit kill so long as you live long enough in a fight while focusing on bullshit like writing a poem you're legitimately satisfied with or playing the guitar to activate it.

So... it's basically like those sorcerers in Gauntlet who start a ritual that tags you with a countdown while their minions attack, and you've got X seconds to get past the minions to interrupt their ritual before you gib?
>>
>>47263267
Herald/Tyrant/Beelzebub build aka watch everyone try to figure out what the fuck is going on build is a go.
There was a guy a couple of threads wanting to know if the level cap affected outside of jump things.
>>
>>47263293
Thank you! Loving the jump, the entire thing.
>>
File: DoAZs.jpg (122KB, 452x478px) Image search: [Google]
DoAZs.jpg
122KB, 452x478px
>>47263047

8. The Elder Scrolls: Morrowind

- 19 years old
- Mage {900} - "As a former Familiar myself, it is only fitting that I at long last gain access to the arcane arts."
- Argonian - "I look like an exceptionally tall Kobold. How amusing!"
- Skyrim - "Ah, yes. This unpleasant area. Apparently I actually REMEMBER it. Don't ask, I don't know either."
- The Apprentice - "This is the price I pay for power!"
- Amphibious {Free} - "Ah! Water Breathing and a Swim speed!"
- Disease Resistant {Free} - "That seems singularly useful."
- Alchemist {750} - "This Wizard apparently taught me well."
- Conjurer {600} - "VERY well."
- Spellmaker {300} - "It's almost disturbing."
- Master Alchemical Apparatus {100} - "And he left something useful behind!"
- Altar of Spellmaking {-100} - "Multiple useful things."
- Outlander {0} - "This is actually most likely due to the obvious signs of my continuing psychological issues!"
- Move On

"I like this place a little more."

"Why is that, Bugle?"

"It's nicer and simpler here. Still REALLY scary, but only if you mess with bad stuff!"

"I agree! We usually would have to go looking for danger here, rather than the other way around! That said, I'm in the middle of inventing a new spell!"

"What's it do?"

"It conjures a wheel of cheese on demand! It is very simple, so it should not require much time to create and codify at all!"

A new Slot 7, if no one minds!
>>
>>47263317
Megaman Classic. GENRE SHIFT!
>>
>>47263317
Ratchet and Clank?
40K Imperium?
>>
>>47263283
And I fucking quoted myself instead of you. That's right, though.

>>47263296
Basically, SMT humans regularly fight and defeat beings that are superior to them in every way because they git gud. Dormant Power ensures you'll be able to reach the level of a main character eventually, and also allows you to carry this quality out of the setting (while it's only kind of ridiculous in-universe, in other settings it either nears on the or is blatantly impossible). The Level Cap is just the best you can possibly get, and also doesn't actually exist as a literal level cap and is just a way of explaining how the balacing mechanic for capstone stacking works.

>>47263305
I... guess?
>>
Rolled 1 (1d8)

>>47263332
>1. Undertale
>2. Gear Up
>3. Girl Genius
>4. Teen Titans
>5. Ranma 1/2
>6. Ravenloft
>7. Mega Man Classic
>8. Spyro the Dragon

>>47263334
Ratchet and Clank is in the queue. As for 40K, does anyone think that'll work out well?
>>
>>47263358
So lvl 99 is just an arbitrary number to compare the capstone stacking such that just 99/99 means you have the best possible and 77/99 represent the portion of the maximum potential you have after empowering one capstone with it?
>>
>>47263396
No it won't work out in anyway remotely resembling well, 40K is the trope namer for Grimdark. It should never be your destination unless you are truly a broken monster.
>>
>>47263433
So ASA or Valeria?
>>
>>47263474
What?
>>
>>47263489
>It should never be your destination unless you are truly a broken monster.
ASA and Valeria both are monsters in their own right.
>>
>>47263474
The former broke himself, the latter just does that shit deliberately. Even admits to it.
>>
>>47263496
Sure, but if someone can't treat super soldiers in power armor like like helpless children they are going to have a bad time in 40K.
>>
Is there any way to defeat Fiamma of the Right's hax?
>>
So if the person working on it is still around, how is the Binding of Isaac Jump/ Gauntlet coming?
>>
Hey Babylon don't take this as me telling you what jumps to make or to speed up your work, or me trying to poach a jump. I honestly appreciate that you're trying to fix the messed up as all hell Exalted jump ,But I was really looking forward to Valley Of The Dinosaurs Part Two is it still in your queue or is it no longer a active project? Which is totally your decision and I respect that. As much as I would love it would be easier for me if I had a definite no then if I was stuck in limbo about.
Please don't leave
>>
>>47263358
Out of curiosity is it possible for any of the demon race's to learn magic outside of their stated abilities? And can you learn magic other than the ice element with Ninth Circle Sorcery?
>>
>>47263625

Not well, honestly. After the initial preview it got pointed out to me that the direction I was going in with it was kinda borked (something I ended up agreeing with). So, I went back to the drawing board, only to go to work on other things and have been busy ever since on everything but Isaac.

It's up for grabs if anyone ever wants to do it themselves. I still intend to do it if it's open by the time I actually get around to it though.
>>
>>47263396
9. Undertale

- Ruins - "It almost looks like a Wizard has already been through here."
- Drop-In
- Monster - "We are all in the Monster Manual, are we not?"
- Summon Annyoing Dog {Free} - "What is this."
- Blessing of Toby Fox {900} - "It's like having a Bard around whenever I want!"
- Justice {Free} - "Ha! Ha! I can Detect Evil! It's like I really am a Paladin!"
- Guessing Games {800} - "I know exactly what you are."
- Megalovania {500} - "Ha! Ha! I can Smite Evil now! That will be very useful if anything Evil attempts to kill me!"
- Bullet Patterns {Free} - "Magic, hm?"
- Motion Magic (Blue) {450} - "Standing still is usually a very bad idea in combat."
- You're Blue Now {250} - "That's one way to deal with airborne assailants."
- Magnifying Magic {-50} - "My goodness, that's actually a bit scary."
- Gaster Blaster {-250} - "These things are somewhat unsettling."
- Lost Souls {-50} - "Bugle? Bugle, where'd you go? Bugle? Oh no. Bugle please don't leave me."
- What's a Midi File? {0} - "This is perhaps the most painful sound I have ever experienced. And I've been stuck in Arquebos' personal... urgh. Pleasure chambers. Again, mostly as an alarm system."
- Move On

"Where is this place. Where is Bugle. Where-"

"heya. don't think i've seen ya before. that's weird. just come from the Ruins?"

"You, Undead creature! Where is Bugle? He resembles a small gray elephant, with long tusks and armor plating. He moves quickly by curling into a ball."

"sorry, buddy, got no clue who that is, or who you are, so i'm a bit irrelephant to all this."

"I suppose I will introduce myself. My name is Riffna, and the only friend I have ever had has gone missing."

Need a new slot 1! Also how much trouble am I in?
>>
Rolled 3 (1d8)

>>47263865
>New Slot 1

Scratch that, I literally forgot Ratchet and Clank was already queued. I have the dumb.

>1. Ratchet and Clank
>2. Gear Up
>3. Girl Genius
>4. Teen Titans
>5. Ranma 1/2
>6. Ravenloft
>7. Mega Man Classic
>8. Spyro the Dragon
>>
File: Antieh.png (139KB, 399x330px) Image search: [Google]
Antieh.png
139KB, 399x330px
>>47263608
There are plenty of ways. Most of them involve not being in his line of sight, depend on at which point of the story you're fighting him, depend on how you define "defeat", depend on what jumps you've done previously and depend on how long you're willing to take.

Just having the Index perk and a means of reading Index's mind would give you a massive advantage, for starters. Bearing a Sword of the Cross would end the "fight" in, like, a minute tops given Touma's comments about the virtue of humanity. If you nicked some holy church items, applied Angel Slayer (and enough supplementary corruption perks to make it stick) and used Hard Science to manufacture something like a Taiwanese knockoff Anti-Art attachment to give to a buch of other people for the purposes of shooting down the Star of Bethelehem you could nerf him severely too, preventing him from exercising his full potential by severing the Right's connection with Michael.

The key to understanding how to survive Index is understanding how to exploit the concept of Phases-the root of all the metaphysical mumbo-jumbo and the reason why a lot of it gets more hype than it deserves.

>>47263279
Eh, true. That's demons for you really, kill you one moment, have a pleasant conversation the next if you're still alive and salute you if you beat their ass hard enough. In general I feel SMT does a much better job at portraying demons as emotional extremes which are genuinely amoral with an alien set of arbitrary values rather than purely evil who are nonetheless inimicable to human life than quite a few settings out there.

Which isn't necessarily saying much, to be fair.
>>
>>47264018
>>47263608
Isn't there a power from Clone Wars that lets you isolate someone from any external source of power, since Fiamma's Holy Right comes from an external source could you cut him off from it?
>>
>>47264148
Only says from the force so I dunno whether it'd change to apply to psionics like the earlier force related perks did or work on all external energies. Gotta ask KOTOR I guess.
>>
>>47264148
"If you decide to Move-On at the end of the jump, you'll be able to use this ability to cancel out nearby psionic powers"

The Holy Right isn't a psionic power, and Aberrant says it works on psionic powers so no.
>>
>>47264183
Oh wait, now I see the notes. Makes more sense but I dunno whether the power counts as a natural force or not for his right hand. If it does that should work.
>>
>>47262521
Well my knowledge of SMT mostly comes from SMT4 so I'll just read off my tops from there.

Shiva, Vishnu, Marici, Huang Long, Mahamayuri, Xi Wangmu, Kinmamon, Susano-O, Demonee-Ho, Black Maria, Maya, Taimat, Berserker, Tzitzimitl, Asterius, and good old Lham Dearg cause I dragged his ass through the game for shits n giggles.

And my Number 1 is Lilith. She was cool and I loved using her. Tossed her on my StreetPass before doing a New Game+ just so I could start the game with her and kick ass.
>>
>>47264203
No, not Aberrant though I love that power too. I mean Sever Force:

>The “Sever Force” power can be used to cut individuals off from other sources of magic/supernatural power. It will ONLY work if the source of power comes from outside their body, and is a natural force in their universe.

The question becomes does Michael count as a natural force in the Index universe, or at least natural in the same way the force is in Star Wars.
>>
>>47264298
Eh, if his power comes from a specific being rather then just 'magic' or some underlying concept I'd side with it not helping.
>>
>>47264203
Actually due to the cluster fuck that is the Index fluff all of the magic in index could be technically considered psionic in nature. Magic is said to originate from the systematic imitation of natural espers and as such cases could be made that all magic in index could be considered psionic or for all esper powers to be considered magic.

Either way having a magic immunity and a psychic immunity should protect you from most of what index has to offer, with the exception of a rather unnecessary amount of conceptual bullshit that really doesn't give a fuck about your perks.
>>
>>47264393
Not really, that's like saying SMT demons or Dresden Files are psionic because they arise from the Sea of Amala and are defined by your very being respectively. Pretty sure psionic stuff is meant to be more like, well, what the Force is like.

I'm not saying there's no argument at all, just that it's a pretty gorram weak one when espers themselves seem to be the setting's version of psionics since they're the ones that use Personal Realities and AIM (which is explicitly not magic as understood by magicians) to get stuff done
>>
>>47264427
I know, as I said Index fluff is a cluster fuck. It is actually a valid argument but it really shouldn't be.
>>
>>47264445
I'm still butthurt that magic is a tried and tested methodology with an established system comprised of deterministic, quantifiable components and effects while science is an inexplicable, barely understood anomaly currently limited to a specific area where a wizard is literally rewriting the laws of reality in order to make it happen.
>>
>>47264465
Index-verse, if you thought your lore was convoluted and full of shit you need to take a look at ours. Trust me it will make you feel much better about yours.
>>
>>47264485
I mean, even Nasuverse makes a lot more sense once you realise it's basically the Cthulhu Mythos if humans were actually worth a damn.
>>
>>47264465
Really? That dualism is one of the things that I like a lot about Index.
>>
Could PS238's Rainmaker Power be used to become the god of Tits and Wine?
>>
>>47264735
I would enjoy the dualism if it was better executed. On paper it's very Unknown Armies/Mage the Ascension and therefore my jam. In execution it's an excuse to make Touma look cool by calling somebody omnipotent and then letting him punch them into friendship.

And now I wanna chuck Touma into a Mage: The Ascension jump to watch him die when he tries his friendship speech against a fuckmothering Exarch or greater Abyssal entity.
>>
>>47264756
yes but not a very powerful one, were talking Starfox's charm, biological immortality, projecting a field that gets people to loosen up significantly up and is boozebending more than full on Hestia.
>>
>>47264797
Why would you want Touma to die, he's a really nice guy, you know?
>>
>>47264804
>>47264756
and when I say boozebending I don't mean water whips I mean mysteriously jumping from bottle to cup, and producing fine wine out of nowhere
>>
>>47264797
Kill yourself, friendship is awesome.
>>
>>47264850
So the power to conjure alcohol and make women curvier and more attractive?
>>
>>47264884
>make women seem curvier and more attractive
FTFY
>>
>>47264804
>>47264850
From what I read about Rainmaker it can be as powerful as you want as long as it doesn't include anything that can be used for combat.

I possess vast cosmic power. . . limited to a narrow field that has no application for combat. . .
>>
>>47264884
basically yeah, if you're into boobs they would be more attractive. You have some power over boobs and booze. I would say expand by 3 cup sizes but not anything crazy like boobs so big you're immobile or moving boobs into faces to blind your opponents. Nothing was immediate combat application understand?
>>
>>47264856
Fuck you and fuck friendship, I'd rather have a plot with actual risks in it.

>>47264840
It's like watching people waste millions of dollars preserving a panda, except it's the universe going out of its' way instead of the Chinese/US governments. I just want them to stop and do something productive instead of waste time and effort keeping something that by all rights should've died long ago alive long enough to breed.
>>
>>47264906
>I possess vast cosmic power. . . limited to a narrow field that has no application for combat. . .

Not vast cosmic but more along the lines of an golden age Legion of superheroes villain rather than a silver age Spiderman/static shock villain and yes I know Spiderman was briefly in the avengers.
>>
>>47264913
Could I conjure a bottle of liqueur then break the bottle for use as a weapon? That seems pretty indirect.
>>
>>47264933
it's less conjuring bottles and more glasses filling themselves from nowhere, if you want that sort of thing use miscellaneous meta.
>>
>>47264919
Damn boy. No wonder momma didn't hug you, you so damn edgy.
>>
>>47264929
Wasn't rainmaker the one that says that it doesn't have the limits of Misc. Power?

>Rainmaker kid doesn't have nearly the same limits as miscellaneous meta, you are classmates with a goddess so if you want to be Danny the street go nuts.

It looks like the only limit is that it can't be useful for a fight.
>>
>>47264919
>It's like watching people waste millions of dollars preserving a panda, except it's the universe going out of its' way instead of the Chinese/US governments. I just want them to stop and do something productive instead of waste time and effort keeping something that by all rights should've died long ago alive long enough to breed.
Are you seriously saying that keeping Touma alive isn't productive? Look at all the results he's gotten, all the people he's influenced to be more reasonable, all the GOOD he's done. If it wasn't for Touma, Othinus would never have restored the world, if it wasn't for Touma, countless more people would have died for a variety of reasons, good people, who couldn't do anything to defend themselves. Keeping Touma alive was a great fucking call.
>>
>>47264953
yes, but I'm not going to give infinite power in something that isn't useful in a fight. There is still a benchmark, but it is a significantly higher benchmark then miscellaneous meta. We are talking stuff that would be threats to the entire modern world if it was applicable to combat But not unlimited.
>>
>>47264969
Are you teratophiliaOP?
>>
>>47264980
I used to be but not anymore
>>
>>47264969
Could you get the original Rainmaker? I don't mean the power dampening/boosting thing I mean just his original make it fucking rain power.
>>
>>47264947
Boy I like happy endings, I just want to see people work for them instead of yell about friendship, punch something and shit just working out without bothering to do something more complex than shout YER WRONG over and over again.

>>47264958
I'm not saying it isn't, I'm saying I dislike how the story just lets things work out for him when any normal person should be dead from constant reality warper exposure. His plot armor is practically canon now, given Kamisato's hand thing.

I'm sure the panda charities do lots of ecological preservation work on the side too.
>>
>>47264986
yeah, that's a perfectly valid use of the power but it'll be regular rain and not floods like he had when he was boosted.
>>
>>47264995
>I'm not saying it isn't, I'm saying I dislike how the story just lets things work out for him when any normal person should be dead from constant reality warper exposure. His plot armor is practically canon now, given Kamisato's hand thing.
>I'm sure the panda charities do lots of ecological preservation work on the side too.
Well, thanks for taking the time to try to explain your reasoning. It didn't get through at all and didn't do anything to change my thoughts, but it seems like the same is true for you. I have neither the time nor the motivation to continue this.
>>
>>47265017
No problem, I won't lie-my main gripe with the whole thing is based on Doyalist reasoning and could probably be applied to lots of LNs/VNs in general. Index is just particularly blatent as an example.
>>
>>47263358
>That's right, though.
Another anon, but I think I have to ask this.

What happens if I buy a THIRD 1000 CP race? Free?
>>
>>47261427
ay not be exactly what you're looking for, but 'marked by the zone' from stalker adds another layer of protection.
>>
File: LegendOwls.jpg (120KB, 667x230px) Image search: [Google]
LegendOwls.jpg
120KB, 667x230px
Just want to check - anyone claimed Legend of the Guardians: The Owls of Ga'Hoole?
>>
>>47265593
Nope.

Sounds like it'd be a real hoot as a jump
>>
Hey SMT, what exactly happens in the World of Chaos and World of Law drawbacks? I'm totally befuddled but is it I have to fight God/The devil or something?
>>
Wow, I just realized that the note in LoT about turning Orikan into a little girl and making her your waifu isn't impossible. There are perk combinations that would actually let you do that.
>>
>>47265625
Show your working young man.
>>
>>47265612
World of Chaos: The Hero (Adam's reincarnation) chose to side with Adam, killed all the angels and turned Earth into what is allegedly a paradise of true anarchy and in practice demons running amok on Earth. Lucifer is missing for unknown reasons. You have to make the world safe for humans, which basically means killing all the demons. If the Hero's still around he's probably the strongest thing you'll ever fight in this world.

World of Law: The Hero killed all the demons, now almost everything on Earth is dead except for a few thousand humans, the angels and God ruling them on Earth from His throne. You have to fight Him.
>>
>>47265670
Well Unholy Heights has a power that lets you give anyone you want a human form, it also has a perk that can change their gender to whatever you want, One Piece and several other jumps have ways to alter someone's age as you please, and finally abuse various social perks to turn the result into your waifu.
>>
>>47265683
Thanks.
Thread posts: 453
Thread images: 31

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.