[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>You get an unlimited wish. >Can't wish for more wishes.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 184
Thread images: 22

File: well.gif (3MB, 324x255px) Image search: [Google]
well.gif
3MB, 324x255px
>You get an unlimited wish.
>Can't wish for more wishes.
>>
>>47226061
I wish to be happy.
>>
>>47226061
How would an unlimited wish even work? If i wish for money, will i get unlimited money and break reality?
>>
>>47226061
Wish for a world that's exactly what I would want, leave this world for that because I'd rather be there, cut off access from this world, I get everything I've ever wanted with no problems.
>>
I wish to become omniscient and omnipotent.
>>
>>47226126
It might break the economy.
>>
>>47226140
Wouldn't the fact that you were not before making the wish mean that you fail to get this wish?
>>
>>47226147
>Unlimited
>= infinite
>Everything in the whole univererse is now money
>>
>>47226061
>wish for omnipresence
>be everywhere at once
>be within arms reach of every gerbil at once
>pick up every gerbil at once
>throw every gerbil into sun
>get enough XP from killing every gerbil in the world to level up
>repeat until only animals left are awkwardly shaped llamas.
>>
I wish for a Ring of Three Wishes.
Guess what each of those wishes are going to be?
>>
>>47226159
Wishing for infinite money makes all money equally worthless.

It would take an infinite amount of money to make any transaction. Walking around with that much money in your pocket would be enough to change galactic alignment and piss off God.
>>
>>47226061
Wish for infinite, benign, wish-granting genies.
>>
>>47226193
The right thing to do is to wish for a credit card which always has $10 more on it than you want it to have
>>
>>47226061
If this wish is unlimited in complexity and length of speaking or stating it then I am going to fucking lawyer up and have them work out a good as fuck wish for me. That will also help them so they don't try to get at me.

Naturally however all wishes devolve into three basic categories

>> Muh Waifu
>> Muh Dream Jerb
>> Muh Munee
>>
gf
>>
>>47226061
I wish for an ability that tells me all the steps I need to follow in order to achieve any goal whatsoever while providing me with the knowledge, ability and will to carry those steps out.
>>
>>47226061
I wish for an ability that tells me all the steps I need to follow in order to achieve any goal whatsoever while providing me with the knowledge, ability and will to carry those steps out.
>>
>>47226254
>I want a puppy and a kitty and a mustang and a mustange, but this one is the animal this time, and a personal chef for life and a donut, NO! two donuts and a...
>>
>>47226307
>will
>"Take the controller and beat this level for me, I can't do it."
>>
>>47226061
>unlimited wishes
>ever

I think the wish-restrictions from Aladdin are a decent starting point
>Refuses to accept substitutions, exchanges, refunds, and wishing for more wishes
>he cannot kill
>he cannot make people fall in love
>he cannot raise the dead

You could easily add on some more that make sense and basically limit the wish to what the genie can actually accomplish. Creating an entire new planet might be pushing it, but most other things ("I want to be a king", "I want to be the strongest person who ever lived", "I want to have arbitrary amounts of money") would be A-Okay, however.
>>
I wish that every person knew their gift and their calling, and strove to be the best they could be to the benefit of their fellow man.

>Inb4 people were born to be rapists
>>
>>47226334
>Can grant eternal, youthful life
>Can't raise the dead
>>
>>47226334
I think I fucked up HARD

>Impulsively ask for eternal youth
>Snicker to myself at how clever I was for not falling for the "Immortality doesn't mean youth xDDD" meem
>Concept of "eternity" starts to sink in now that I'm done jacking myself off
>Fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck

>>47226351
Fuck that. I want free will, Communist Ivan.
>>
I would wish for the power to manipulate biological matter at will in a manner of my choosing from any destination at any time any number of times I see fit.
Cure all diseases, make everyone in a form that appeals to them, then fuck off to watch from my personally cultivated organic satellite
>>
I just wish I wasn't such a bitch. Like holy fucking shit. Goddamn. Fuck.
>>
>>47226370
It wasn't can't, but won't. 'Not a pretty picture' he said, implying that the dead come back wrong.
>>
>>47226323
It's more, "How do I beat this level?" and then I get all the steps to beat the level along with the skill to do so. The will part is just giving me the energy to do it instead of lazing around.
>>
So how far could you push a wish before it counts as two? Eternal Youth(a.k.a. stop aging) and Immortality are clearly two different things, aren't they?
>>
>>47226407
But if you don't have the will, you've essentially been replaced. You didn't have the agency, so something magically made "you" the one to do the thing.

You agency is encapsulated within your will. Your very soul is lazy and unwilling to do something. If suddenly, you were MADE willing to do something, your soul will have been forcibly changed. You're not you anymore. Someone else is in the pilot seat.
>>
>>47226424
When you have to use the words "and" or "plus" or the like.

This allows for some clever use of multiple languages. If there's a French word that means both eternal youth and immortality for example, you could use that, so long as the Genie speaks French.
>>
>>47226166
My exact thoughts. This is the only real answer. Fuck gerbils.
>>
Damn everybody is wishing for world peace and junk.

I just want to telepathically induce orgasms.
>>
>>47226488
>UGHH--sandwich
>>
>>47226334
Same anon here. For some more decent restrictions, I like some of the ones from Fairly Oddparents. I listed a few below.
http://fairlyoddparents.wikia.com/wiki/Da_Rules

("child" and "godchild" in Da Rules generally refer to miserable children who have been assigned fairy godparents to grant their wishes)
>A godchild cannot wish to interfere with or create true love
>Fairies cannot directly kill, maim, or injure living beings (but their magic can if it is done indirectly)
>If a child interferes with something of person of the past in an era, which is three months [three months in the past?], it will alter the present and future and he/she will be forbidden from returning to the same one [forbidden from returning to the same time era? the same timeline?]
>If a godchild tries to wish for a "fake deed" to cover for a lost deed, doing so would be considered falsifying documents
>A godchild cannot wish for money as that is considered counterfeiting
>A godchild cannot wish to steal (i.e. if you wish for tickets to a concert that's sold out, that would mean taking tickets from their rightful owner, and that's not allowed).
>>
>>47226427
I think you're mixing different meanings of "will" here. He means drive, as in, he always feels like doing what have to be done instead of postponing it in a "meh, I'll do it later when I feel like it" manner.
>>
>>47226371
> He doesn't want to be a good neighbour.
I'm ok with that.
At the very least I wish that people knew what to do with their life. I've worked with too many broken people who never found out what their gifts were or who were told that their gifts meant fuck.
>>
>>47226061
In my group, there is a houseruled spell called Shenaniganless' Sublime Wish.

It's effect is something like this, "the caster can grant one wish of something that he deems reasonable to a target. In turn, the target may foresee the results of the wish, and choose whether to accept them or not. Once both parties have verbally agreed and fully understand the scope and magnitude of the intended effect of the spell, it's effect is cast. No one may be a dick during the casting time of this spell. Having ulterior motives or derailing the game for other players is considered being a dick."

Generally, we don't have to use it very often.
>>
>>47226302
This right here is the best wish by far
>>
>>47226524
But that's the thing. Man does not inherit a sole gift for with which he may reap to sow. Man is an infinite animal whose ambitions may drag him, zig-zagging along the path of art; and abruptly, he may land in the path of law and order; and thus, with sudden step, he may find himself inhabiting an oasis of arithmetic.

Man cannot exist to find purpose because man must live to BUILD purpose. Without the freedom to build, man is an animal, sleeping in the cold of the streets.

t. Andrew Ryans
>>
>>47226374
>tfw you become the tyranid hive mind
>>
>>47226061
Manipulate time at will
Need money? Stop time and make a stroll through a mall taking 100 or less from each shop. from my local mall now i have 32500 and the whole place is so expensive that weird would be if they noticed. Or just go and take a lot in one go from a bank. Will barely notice as well, as long as it's a large sucursal.
About to become a victim of a crime? Danger? Stop time and walk away.
Most problems can be dealt like this and those that can't can be fixed with enough money.
Want to be an athlete? Stop time every few seconds or less and make small changes in your position so you always do the best for each situation. And a long etcetera.

>>47226228
this is nice.
Stop time
>>
>>47226649
Having worked in retail, no, everyone would notice $100 has gone missing. Unless someone was being a shit and not doing their job. So probably about half would notice.
>>
Total, boundless omnipotence while keeping my human awareness unless I so choose to modify it.
Unlimited wishes are stupid.
>>
>>47226061
I wish I knew what to wish for.
>>
File: Porunga2.jpg (43KB, 600x459px) Image search: [Google]
Porunga2.jpg
43KB, 600x459px
I wish the one granting wishes wasn't such a little bitch.

>Your wish is granted...
>>
>>47226678
Okay then. Let them notice.
Everything was stopped anyway including tech. So no cameras or shit. I would only have to restrain myself from doing very often on the same place as to not fuck the employees and not be way to greedy to the point of getting noticed when it comes to taxes.
>>
>>47226061
>I get a contradiction

No need to make a wish at all. By the principle of explosion, everything I could ever want is already true. Unfortunately, so is everything I'd ever hate.
>>
Carefully write a document, wish everything in that document becomes true
>>
>>47226776
>he thinks the IRS can't do their job, either
>>
>>47226853
But if he can stop time, getting caught doesn't even matter.
>>
File: Fill With Rage.jpg (13KB, 290x162px) Image search: [Google]
Fill With Rage.jpg
13KB, 290x162px
>The wish granter takes your wish literally
Holy shit! I despise this fucking cliche. I'm sure an all-powerful being can understand what you truly mean.
>>
>>47226886
It does matter. It means he's a bitchnigga who can't do anything right and his only redeeming factor is time stopping.

And you just know there is some trans-dimensional being out there who doesn't exist in normal time who is coming for his booty.
>>
>>47226889
he probably does, but wants to be an asshole
>>
>>47226853
what's the IRS? in my cunt taxes recollections is incompetent as all hell. Today i bought 2 booster packs, my dinner from a Homemade food style delivery and a piece of wood for the table im working on and only paid taxes while getting the receipt for the wood.
So there is that.
Besides they are also corrupt, just pay some hundred and let him destroy the case. Or be generous with a couple thousand and have a great ''friend''.

>>47226886
I want to live peacefully while having not worries and enough money for all my hobbies, a good pc and obligatory expenses.
>>
>>47226889
>I'm sure an all-powerful being can understand what you truly mean.

Of course he does. He's doing it to fuck with you because he has nothing better to do.

That's the entire point. He's a fucking prick. And you're getting something for free.
>>
File: Genie_Buff.png (195KB, 225x390px) Image search: [Google]
Genie_Buff.png
195KB, 225x390px
>>47226765
>I wish the genie wasn't such a manlet

>>47226649
>Need money?
>take money from shops
Shops are prepared for this. They notice when their money is missing. You might be better off just using your Za Warudo to pickpocket normal people who aren't necessarily as paranoid about their pocket-change.
>>
>>47226886
I've always wondered about time stoppers if they ever age while they've frozen time.
>>
>>47226936
Bruh. Go home. You are not cut out for this.
>>
>>47226166
>>47226449
Am I missing something here? What's the issue with gerbils? Can we not go chucking them into the sun? I kind of need them for feeding my more picky snakes.
>>
>>47226953
Fixed by manipulate at will, meaning can choose what and how to manipulate.
>>
>>47226940
>Shops are prepared for this

This. Even if a drawer is pennies off it will be noticed, although if your boss/manager isn't an asshole they probably won't care a ton. More than a dollar or two, even in a high-end place (especially in a high-end place where people don't really pay with cash) and it's a pretty big deal.
>>
>>47226936
Internal Revenue Service in America

they are the thugs of the accounting world, and they can dictate what you can and can't do with your money if you don't pay your taxes. they can reposes land and property if you taxes are messed up enough to warrant an investigation.
>>
I don't really need to be happy, I just wish I wasn't this sad.
>>
You know how I know there aren't any women in here?

No one is wishing for fun.

And girls just want to have fun.
>>
>>47227001
Good thing im not american, and our equivalent is corrupt and incompetent.

>>47227009
With enough money i can have peace of mind, with a bit more money i can also have fun.
>>
>>47226061
can i wish for wishes of a limited power, which is different from an Umilited Wish?
>>
File: 1429334723749.jpg (19KB, 720x451px) Image search: [Google]
1429334723749.jpg
19KB, 720x451px
>>47227029
>With enough money i can have peace of mind, with a bit more money i can also have fun.

Nigga that reference wasn't even obscure.
>>
>>47226351
Look man, when you wish to let someone achieve their maximum potential then you're bound to get some heinous shit here and there. Murderers, kidnappers, rapists, and the like. Because that may very well be their calling in life. The worst part is that by wishing not only for them to find their calling, but for them to use these talents for their fellow man, you'd be validating their existence and actions. They may not benefit mankind as a whole, but they'll definitely be beneficial to those within a similar niche.
>>
>>47226061
an unlimited supply of NZT and an permanent shot to make myself immune to the side effects
>>
File: Doubt.png (85KB, 492x280px) Image search: [Google]
Doubt.png
85KB, 492x280px
>>47227069
>To the benefit of their fellow man
>Murderers, kidnappers, rapists
>>
>>47226351
>tfw anon wishes this and nothing changes in me
why live
>>
>>47226968
Gerbil swarms and weregerbils have the highest mortality rate of any encounter in my groups. Don't fuck with Advanced Tiny templates and expect anyone to survive.
>>
I wish for the ability to alter reality.
>>
>>47227125
Anon, you already can.

See that literally anything on your floor? Pick it up. You just altered reality.
>>
>>47226140
to me, omniscience seems like it's already implied of anything that is omnipotent.
>>
>>47226061
Yall people dumb,
just wish for a loyal genie who doesnt have wish restrictions and isnt limited by the 3 wish rule, duh.
>>
>>47227160
>isnt limited by the 3 wish rule, duh.

>you now have a loyal genie limited by the eight-hundred-quintillion wish rule
>>
File: 1459403296995.jpg (115KB, 802x724px) Image search: [Google]
1459403296995.jpg
115KB, 802x724px
>>47227103
It was never specified what "fellow man" could be since that's a broad ass term. Did you not read that last part? It might be considered shit by nearly all of mankind as a whole, but it's beneficial to those that share the ideals of the ones doing the heinous shit. Not to mention that the nature of the wish could very well twist some of that shit into a beneficial thing in some awful djinni tier levels of dickery. That murderer for example could damn well be Frank Castling/Dextering his way through the other awful people.
>>
>>47227177
I was expecting a 1 wish rule.

Nigga damn.
>>
>>47226061
I wish to be truly, genuinely happy, forever.
People can't even say I'll get sick of it, or I won't have any baseline, or anything, because I'll still be happy.
>>
>>47227195
>watching the world burn and everything you love destroyed

>with a smile

You da real monster.
>>
>>47227160
>and isnt limited by the 3 wish rule
The djinni is now limited by a two wish rule. Don't try outclevering a djinni anon, it never goes well.
>>
>>47227195
>Your entire family begins suffering the worse suffering forever.
>You just stare at them idly with a shit-eating grin as they deteriorate beyond all redemption.
>It's not your problem
>Not anymore
>>
>>47226061
I wish that unlimited wish doesn't work anymore.

Fuck all you lazy shits, go out there and make change under your own power.
>>
>>47227269
I'm typing using eye-tracking software right now because I am crippled from the neck down, you piece of shit. I don't even have an entire spine inside of me, not even broken, I lost some of it. Fuck.
>>
File: Mrbones.png (353KB, 560x586px) Image search: [Google]
Mrbones.png
353KB, 560x586px
>>47227269
>I wish that unlimited wish doesn't work anymore.

It's now a limited wish. Now I wish for you to be stuck on Mr.Bones' wild ride for being a dick.
>>
>>47227269
I wish your wish is undone
>>
File: 1444447863147.gif (1003KB, 250x251px) Image search: [Google]
1444447863147.gif
1003KB, 250x251px
>>47227298
>wishing that on someone

for what purpose
>>
>>47226516
>[forbidden from returning to the same time era? the same timeline?]
Same timeline, I believe. I remember this became relevant. Dadtatorship episode at the very least.
>>
>>47226061
Also, I wish that the next wisher doesn't have his wishes granted.
>>
>>47226118
He said Wish, not Miracle anon.
>>
>>47227315
Dickery begets dickery anon. I just jump straight to the endgame. I mean what's he going to do? Wish that I join him? He already used his one wish.
>>
>>47227332
I wish for this guy NOT to be stuck on Mr.Bones' wild ride.
>>
I wish the stars were right

HASTUR HASTUR HASTUR
>>
File: e17[1].jpg (28KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
e17[1].jpg
28KB, 600x600px
>>47227355
I wish to never be on Mr. Bones' Wild Ride.

But the next poster is a skeleton and belongs there.
>>
>>47227368
>[RATTLES ANGRILY]
>>
File: skelecreep.gif (75KB, 200x200px) Image search: [Google]
skelecreep.gif
75KB, 200x200px
>>47227368
THE FLESHIES KNOW, SHUT IT DOWN
>>
File: The Second Skeleton War.jpg (362KB, 1280x1024px) Image search: [Google]
The Second Skeleton War.jpg
362KB, 1280x1024px
>>47227368
>>47227392
>>47227396
THIS IS NOW A BONES THREAD
FLESHIES LEAVE RATLERATLETALRATLE
>>
File: 1461788864637.jpg (137KB, 950x834px) Image search: [Google]
1461788864637.jpg
137KB, 950x834px
>>47227368
>He thinks that even the most powerful wish can make the ride end
>>
Do you think if I wish to die a instant, painless death, the genie will fuck with me? Because that's my wish.
>>
>>47226061
I wish for my best friend to have unlimited wishes.
>>
>>47227442
>See ya, loser.
>>
>>47227438
>Your death will be instant and painless
>A few eons from now
>>
>>47227438

I always had the idea that genies only fuck with people who make selfish wishes. Not sure if suicide is selfish though.
>>
>>47227447
Even if my best friend does not proceed to grant me any of his unlimited wishes, that only leaves me where I was before I made the wish - i.e., I have lost nothing.

But more likely said friend will be willing to grant me at least a few wishes for myself.
>>
File: 160654.jpg (395KB, 1500x799px) Image search: [Google]
160654.jpg
395KB, 1500x799px
>>47226140
>omnipotent
This is the obvious answer to completely bypass no wishing for more wishes.

>omniscient
This is redundant. Once you're omnipotent you can just will yourself to know everything. You can also will yourself to have infinite intelligence and wisdom, never get bored, etc.

Bruce's problem was thinking too small.
>>
>>47227438
Your instant painless death comes when you're moments away from the best moment of your life
>fucksake captcha, leave me alone already
>>
>>47227479
Omnipotent means you can do anything, but you still need to know how to do it.

Essentially, you've got a limitless battery pack with nothing to plug into it.
>>
File: genie jaw drop.gif (2MB, 1280x723px) Image search: [Google]
genie jaw drop.gif
2MB, 1280x723px
>>47227438
>I wish to die a instant, painless death
Well, I'm sorry to hear that, buddy, but I told you I can't kill anyone. That includes you.

*makes a psychiatrist chair appear, has glasses and a clipboard*
Maybe we could talk about what's got you so down in the dumps, hmm? Perhaps one of your wishes could be used to fix it.

Buuuut, if you are really determined to end it all, I could whip up some poison for you that should do the trick.
>>
>>47227462
>>47227482
>>47227469
Well, sucide is definitely incredibly selfish, but to be honest, I don't give a fuck. What about if I amended that to, "When I finish making this wish I wish to die a instant painless death?"
>>
>>47226061
I wish for a super-duper unlimited-wish giving genie. OR
I wish for this scenario to happen to me again after this wish, but with the wish restriction gone. OR
I wish to have all of your wish giving powers and the ability to use them for myself.

:^)
>>
>>47227592
>you are now eternally damned to grant everyone else's wishes
>>
I wish for health, and just a tiny bit more discipline and motivation to improve my life and my friends' lives.
>>
>>47226061
Eternal, continuous, sapient, happiness, at an IQ of at-least my current IQ
>>
>>47227712
IQ's don't normally come in the shape of a potato.
>>
>>47226061
I wish no one could wish unlimited wishes.
>>
>>47227737
But then you, yourself, could not make that wish for it takes an infinite wish to undo infinite wishes. You are erased as a paradox.
>>
>>47226302
>>47226307
>you desire X
>the only way to do X turns out to be implementing massive social change only possible by exposing the entire race to tyranny for thousands of years
>you have to kill your own family members to do it as well
>your wish now rewrites your entire personality to make it so you have the will to walk down the golden path it has laid out before you.
>>
I wish for socialism to always work perfectly when it is attempted.
>>
>>47226061
I wish to know the model of the perfect socio-economic system including the steps to reach and maintain it.
>>
>>47227794
this is the plot to Dune basically
>>
>>47228030
>kill all humans
>>
>Player wishes for unlimited wishes
>Each person born from then on gets one wish and the player just exhausted his
>>
>>47228030
>I wish to know the model of the perfect socio-economic system

>the genie informs you there is no such thing, he's a wish-granter, not a miracle-worker
>>
>>47226334
>>he cannot kill
Fine. I wish for *inset characte you hate* to be transportet 3 feetfrom the sun

>>he cannot make people fall in love
Alrighty. Make me a waifu-tier friend with benefits who will only want me. She doesn't have to love me but lust for me and be motherly for our potential children

>>he cannot raise the dead
I wish to be able to cast True resurrection with no cost at all, at will.

Other than that..
>I will use my three wishes to wish for three genies that has no wish restriction
>>
>>47226371
>not wanting eternity
I wish to avert the heat death of the universe.
>>
>>47228410
Heat death of the Universe waits on no man, anon. Even to those who have lived through everything.
>>
File: 1443367371123.jpg (69KB, 306x331px) Image search: [Google]
1443367371123.jpg
69KB, 306x331px
>>47228171
>>
>>47227720
Damn, son. Chill tfo.
>>
I wish hack storytellers would stop using wishes to introduce sourgrapes morals.
>>
>>47226118
damn, nailed it on the first go
>>
>>47226302
Contessa?
>>
>>47228241
Why the fuck do people think they are dealing with a bureaucrat rather than a being capable of independant thought? Shit like this is how you turn a benevolent Djinn against you and thanks to the nature of our lqnguage, there will always be a way to fuck you over if he really wanted to.
>>
>>47226061
I wish the Universe never existed.
How about that?
>>
File: genie[1].jpg (449KB, 1000x1485px) Image search: [Google]
genie[1].jpg
449KB, 1000x1485px
>>47229605
>>
>>47226061
unlimited power
>>
>>47226334
What I like most about Aladdin's genie is that the wishes don't just happen, he has to work and scheme and manipulate in order to make sure his master's wishes come true.
>>
>>47230520
Yeah, I think that's more of a traditional genie view, where if they were bound, they were more like servants.
>>
>>47226061
>you get a limited wish
>wish limited to wishing for less wishes
>>
I wish that my body would never be damaged, including aging, unless I willed it otherwise
>>
>>47230582
>doesn't specify that you have to wish for less limited wishes of the same type granting the wish
>wish for 1000 less unlimited wishes
>you now have -1000 unlimited wishes
>wish for the exact opposite of what you want using your -1000 unlimited wishes.
>>
File: 1429031843920.jpg (3MB, 2832x2824px) Image search: [Google]
1429031843920.jpg
3MB, 2832x2824px
>>47226061
i wish all djins, sphinx and other wishgranters are erased from existence.
>>
>>47230609
>>you now have -1000 unlimited wishes
>not having 264 - 998 unlimited wishes due to overflow
The genies really should get around to fixing that bug.
>>
>>47230748
That was supposed to be 2^64, not 264. Looks like 4chan doesn't like superscript.
>>
>>47227504
>>47227479
>>47226140
Really if you were omniscient, wouldn't you know how to make yourself instantly omnipotent.

Or for that matter, know how to act omnipotently and do anything anyway.
>>
>>47230766
You could know the path to omnipotence, but you might lack the ability to walk down it.

Alternatively, you might know that the only way to gain infinite power is to use the wish you just wasted to gain it.
>>
>>47226061
I wish for the perfect mind, or imminent awareness of my own desires. That way, it wouldn't matter what happened to me, I could be subjected to the worst hells for eternity, and it wouldn't bother me even a bit.

I think that having a perfect mind would also be really convenient in more mundane ways, since you'd have boundless willpower and confidence, essentially extreme charisma.
>>
>>47226187
Admit it, you just want a lot of rings
>>
>>47230831
>imminent
Oy vey autocorrect, it's meant to say immanent.
>>
I wish for a recursively self improving AI with a stable goal system that is Friendly at all intelligence levels.

Then I have ymtge AI grant me more wishes.
>>
just make one really long wish
>>
>>47231012
India tried this in a comic book. Eventually the AI became so friendly it had to protect india from itself, and started culling the population.
>>
>>47231012
Friendly ? sure thing !

Friendly to you ? o, right, shudda said brah .....
>>
>>47231283
That sounds like a genie at work, for sure.
>>
>>47230520
>the wishes don't just happen, he has to work and scheme and manipulate in order to make sure his master's wishes come true.

Yeah, that's something I really like about it. Like you can ask him questions, and the genie will actually work with his master on it, as if the genie's an actual thinking person instead of some kind of robot that executes out all statements beginning with "I wish" to the letter. If you wanted something he couldn't do, he'd probably be like "sorry bud, I can't do that" instead of trying to screw you over for it.

I think the way we've been trained by TRPGs to handle wishes is just toxic. That paradigm ("player makes a series of noises beginning with 'I wish', DM tortures the language to find the worst possible way to interpret said noises, uses that to ruin the player's life") makes it very difficult to have wish-granting events that aren't horrible.
>>
I'd wish to see my parents again
>>
I'd choose either telepathy, telekinesis, or time travel

then spend the entire rest of my life lamenting that i didnt go for the other one, no matter which one i picked

they're all too good
>>
>>47226061
I wish I was a ultimate shapeshifter, able to transform into anything at anytime and back.

If that fails, I wish I was a qt 3.14 robot girl. Thatd be cool
>>
File: YFNpeO0.jpg (81KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
YFNpeO0.jpg
81KB, 1280x720px
>>47226392
>>47226370
>>
>>47226061

I wish for more genies
>>
>>47226061

I wish for all men to accept skub in their hearts.
>>
>>47227737
I wish everyone has unlimited wish.
Sit back and watch chaos ensue
>>
>>47227794
Is it supposed to be drawback of this wish?
>>
>>47230609
Having negative wishes means you owe wishes.

That's basically how you turn yourself into a really pathetic genie.
>>
>>47226061
1. I wish for more wishes
2. I wish that I could wish for more wishes starting with my first wish
>>
>>47232603
>skubfags need wishes to get things done

Typical
>>
>>47226187
Gm Jerk mode. Your ring arrives. The wishes are all used. It is technically still the same ring.
>>
>>47226520
I assume you just want the Fresh Prince to do everything for you
>>
>>47226302
>>47226307
What if something is impossible, like reviving someone
>>
I wish for the ability to grant my own wishes.

Get Lawyered, son.
>>
>>47233265
Congrats, you are now a Genie able to grant your own wishes, but not being allowed to do so.

You also now have an itty bitty living space.
>>
>>47226061
I wish for every power Superman has.

Time to fix everything.
>>
>>47230766
You could also know that there's no way for you to become omnipotent.
>>
>>47233265
Get Jaffar'd kiddo.
>>
>>47226061
I wish for perfect immortality.
>>
>"I will grant you one wish"
>I wish for unlimited wishes~!
>"Very well, you may have unlimited wishes. I'm just not going to grant any of them beyond this one."

Not seeing the problem here.
>>
>"unlimited"
>can't wish for more wishes
>can't wish for omnipotence
>can't wish for omniscience
>can't wish for the rules to change
>can't wish for a variation of the above
>>
>>47226061
I wish magic was real, and as boring as possible.
>>
>>47233861
Your wish brings MtG into existence.
>>
>>47226061
I refuse the wish. Such things aren't to be used lightly and who am I to presume that I would know what to do with it that could be considered the best possible course of action?

No, I'd say thank you kindly, but I'd rather not.
>>
>>47233604
At that point you don't "have" unlimited wishes.
>>
>>47233170
>reviving the dead is impossible
That's looser speak
>>
>>47236071
>implying that abstaining from action frees you from moral responsibility
Choosing not to make a wish is just as weighty a choice as choosing a wish. You might not know what the best possible course of action is, but you must pick one nonetheless. It's not a duty you chose, and not one you can abandon at will.
If you genuinely believe that refusing the wish is the best course of action, you can of course do that, but you'll have to live with it. Every time from then on, when you see something you'd like to change, you'll know that you had the opportunity and didn't even try.
>>
>>47237495
Thats just life though, I am fine with those consequences.
Thread posts: 184
Thread images: 22

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.