[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/srg/ Shadowrun General - Rock and Troll Edition

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 355
Thread images: 97

File: Troll Tribal Skull2.jpg (231KB, 1200x675px) Image search: [Google]
Troll Tribal Skull2.jpg
231KB, 1200x675px
...Identity Spoofed
...Encryption Keys Generated
...Connected to Onion Routers
>>>Login: *********
>>>Enter Passcode: *********
...Biometric Scan Confirmed
Connected to Trollkönigreichnetz...

Welcome back to /srg/, chummer
Last Viewed Files: >>47203879
Angioplasty_On_Post_Goblinization_Patients.txt
One_Eye_One_Heart.trd
Troll_Beauty_Pageant_No_Survivors.sim
Dermal_Dongs.sim

Personal Alerts
* Your Current Rep Score: 24 (79% Positive)
* You have 1 new private message, titled 'Take Back The Underground'
* Your Chummer > Tools > Options books list has been unchecked
>https://github.com/chummer5a/chummer5a/releases
* Cloud File Storage:
>http://pastebin.com/SsWTY7qr
* Running Snusnu4youyou.btl

>Shoot straight
>Conserve ammo
>And never, ever cut a deal with a dragon

Thread topic- Trolls.

How do you handle them, anon? How do you deal with people too big for this world? What mannerisms do your troll characters have, how to they clean their horns and dermal deposits, how do you sit in a restaurant when you need a reinforced chair and your knees tilt the table? You hear of troll sammies and troll faces for the counterpoint, but what about troll mages? What's the best tradition for large & in charge?
>>
File: 2756051036_0a8ac3e64c.jpg (77KB, 375x500px) Image search: [Google]
2756051036_0a8ac3e64c.jpg
77KB, 375x500px
>>47218794
Yes, bugs and Daviar working together. That's how Meier's headcanon goes; Daviar outmaneuvers Ares politically, the bugs help destabilize. Then Daviar takes control and the bugs get to not be experimented on anymore, and possibly use Ares to help spread themselves.
>>
>>47219304
Leave no trogger scum alive.
>>
>>47219374
t. Butthurt elf who is angry all the elven women are thirsty for craggy troll cock
>>
>>47219304
>troll mages
I think that they can be good mages if you get their body high. Instead of having a high WIL and resisting as much drain as they can they compensate by being able to tank a lot of drain and keep moving
>>
File: Troll Mage.jpg (25KB, 320x463px) Image search: [Google]
Troll Mage.jpg
25KB, 320x463px
>>47219453
>Mate, you're coughing up blood, are you sure you should keep casting?

>It's fine, it'll take a while before it fills my lungs. Now who wants to see a Powerball?
>>
>>47219453
Thing is that trolls can only get two more physical boxes than a "normal" human/elf, and most physical drain spells are going to be doing 5-6 damage, which is going to probably be 3-4 if you don't have high Willpower.
Trolls are only marginally more tanky than the other metatypes are, at least in terms of drain.
If you found a tradition that soaks with body, then we can talk.
>>
>>47219603
If you're willing to be restricted to a spell, that would be an adept with Adept Spell.

If your GM is willing to let you have multiple foci of Adept Spell, then you can take one to start, and then swap out.

And in that case, it's phys anway so....
>>
>>47219661
>troll adept
>multiple foci of Adept Spell

That's actually kind of brilliant. You could do this with a mysad as well, so that you have some normal style mage utility spells and a few adept spells that you go full ham on and resist Physical drain with your huge Body.
>>
>>47219765
If you want to go crazy, ask if you can Fetish limit the adept spell.

If so, take an AoE. Melt dangerous amounts of stuff.
>>
>>47219801

>This ability otherwise follows the standard rules for spellcasting.

I actually don't see why you couldn't.

Is this how you make a Shadowrun Muscle Wizard? Which AoE spell screams "I cast fist!" to you?
>>
>>47219873
>AoE spell
Dunno about that, but Punch is literally casting fist.
>Hit enemy with a touch attack (+2 to unarmed)
>They get Force+Net Spellcasting Hits P/-Force AP
>With a drain code of F-6
Let's assume our troll has 10 body and 5 will, that's an average of 5 physical drain soaked, so you could cast punch at it's maximum force at chargen (12), and deal 12+Net Hits(Let's assume 4 from a dicepool of 12)/-12AP for 16P/-12AP, for only one physical drain.
>>
Alright gang, I have a question for you all, and please don't turn this thread to shit over it.

Also, if any of you guys are involved in a group in New Jersey led by an Egyptian guy you've known since at least high school, don't read this.

Basically, my group fucked up, the city they're operating in has gone full boston after the marathon bombing and they need to get out. Their fixer has offered to take them back to his home country of Sweden (so he can continue using them in his personal feud against his old, business partners, unbeknownst to them). I've read the Shadowhelix article on Sweden, but I'm just curious if you guys have any other interesting tidbits about Sweden in the Shadowrun world, either homebrew or official, that you'd be willing to share. Also, apparently the mid-east migration wave didn't happen in Shadowrun. Do you guys think I should include it? How would you guys go about doing that, without getting too political?
>>
>>47219801
>>47219873
>>47219909
Any non-combat spells this would be good for too? Most of them seem to rely on net hits more than force.
>>
>>47220053
Turn to Goo maybe, because it has to be minimum force equal to the targets body.
Cast Turn to Goo on the brick shithouse troll and then let your strongman rip out all his 'ware.
>>
File: 04cce9b7ebd61837bf2ec46f6bff8345.jpg (613KB, 1061x1500px) Image search: [Google]
04cce9b7ebd61837bf2ec46f6bff8345.jpg
613KB, 1061x1500px
>>47219909

Dang it. Adept spell also says:
>The maximum Force of the spell is your Magic Rating

You can use reagents to raise the limit of your adept spell above the Force, but not above your Magic rating. Force 6 Punch (7 with Exceptional Attribute) is way more lame than Force 12 Punch.

What a shame. Since he can still soak 5 drain, higher-drain spells like AoE's might be better. Alternatively doublecasting with Reckless Spellcasting since he can soak +3 Drain like a champ.

>>47220053

Shapechange adept can be a thing. Enter combat, become a kung-fu tiger (or whatever goodness shows up in the next critter book) with an extra Attribute point per net hit on the spell.

Buff spells like Increase Attribute or Increase Reflexes can be more PP efficient with Adept Spell than the equivalent adept power.
>>
>>47219873
In addition to what >>47219909 said, there's also Clout, which is Punch at a Distance, and Blast. AKA Trio the Area Punch.

>>47220053
There's plenty, but remember that Force limits the hits you can apply unless you want to use reagents. That gets a little costly unless you can spring for Astral Perception and Alchemy. Combat Sense lets you stack even more defense (and some anti-surprise). Either Invisibility has its uses, and Agony is pretty nasty if you can roll well. (And do something to help with the sustain penalty.)

Ice Sheet's good for escapes (but you might think about instead taking Ice Storm), but I'm going to go back to the beginning.

The best way to cast fist (if you can get the die pool up there or have some edge to spend when casting) is a well rolled Magic Fingers.
>>
>>47220147
>A troll that is convinced he's an adept
>Leeeroy Jenkins! to get a bonus from shouting I cast fist
>Actually just a Troll with Exceptional Attribute Strength

The power was inside him all along
>>
File: T'Skrang.gif (54KB, 327x423px) Image search: [Google]
T'Skrang.gif
54KB, 327x423px
>>47220024
I'd say leave out the migration- Shadowrun basically departs from real-world politics sometime in the late 80s/early 90s, there's no basis for the War on Terror, ISIS, or any of the other things that went on in that region that led to the migration in the first place.

Generally for Sweden, mix in some healthy bits of Winternight and Scandinavian folk-magic and you're most of the way there. The relationship with S-K is probably one of the biggest things on the national agenda, so read the section in Market Panic on them to get a good look at the current European theatre (and who else is horning in).
>>
What's your favorite Restricted Gear item, /srg/?
For me it has to be Alphaware Muscle Replacement 4, +4 STR/+4 AGI for 3.2 Ess, at only 125,000Y, leaves room for synaptic acceleration/boosters as you see fit for initiative, too.
Move By Wire 3 is fun as hell too if you want to make a character with 23 base initiative and 0 social limit.
>>
>>47220147
That's why you'd want to take a Power Focus. Magic 8 means Force 8.
>>
File: Scandinavian Union.png (21KB, 260x140px) Image search: [Google]
Scandinavian Union.png
21KB, 260x140px
>>47220024
>>47220263
Addendum- Make sure your players know about the Scandinavian Union, particularly the open borders. There's not a lot of call for shadowrunners in Sweden itself (except as part of the endless cat-and-mouse between the corps and the country), but across the Union they could find plenty of jobs, especially if they don't mind mixing with the Vory.
>>
>>47219304
>>And never, ever cut a deal with a dragon
Nothing wrong with working for or with a dragon so long as you're hypercompetent of the situation.
>>
File: Lofwyr.png (57KB, 180x287px) Image search: [Google]
Lofwyr.png
57KB, 180x287px
>>47220475
t. Lofwyr
>>
>>47220508
Naw, it's a genuine thing. So long as you're not being brought in as a disposable mook and you can see the playing field, you're fine.

Also, be aware of how big a dog you are in the yard. If you're running with people that tend to get trigger happy, don't accept contracts that require stealth.

Really, the whole creedo of not working with dragons puts you in a precarious position when you start angling into the big leagues. Because if you're not dealing with the dragons, you're likely going to be dealt against them. Worse spot to be in. At least inter-dragon politics can give you breathing room in the event you cross one while working for another.
>>
File: 1439441743005.jpg (260KB, 624x800px) Image search: [Google]
1439441743005.jpg
260KB, 624x800px
>>47220566
The whole point of 'don't deal with dragons' is predicated on two facts you seem to overlook.

1. You never know what's going on. You think you know what's going on, and you're wrong, and the millennia-old wyrms will always think you're disposable because you could not possibly see the playing field

2. "Don't deal with dragons" means DON'T DEAL WITH DRAGONS. Don't run for them, don't run against them, don't run near them, if you think a dragon is nearby walk quickly to a safe house, then burn it to the ground because it is safe no longer. There's plenty of ways to make yourself rich without getting caught up in dragon politics, and thinking that the safest place in a storm is in the belly of a ship between unsecured solid steel tanks rolling around the hold is the dumbest drek to dribble out of a slot since mom tried to scoop you out post-sex.
>>
File: sverigekarta shadowrun.jpg (154KB, 800x1772px) Image search: [Google]
sverigekarta shadowrun.jpg
154KB, 800x1772px
>>47220024
You could always do as i did: Rip out the entire stupid shit about sweden and make your own.
In my campaign sweden balkanized due to a mix of political tension, regional jingoism and the first goblinisation wave.

It divided into:
>Nordland [most of northern sweden, Republic]
>Konungariket Sverige [middle of sweden + Gotland, Monarchy]
>Tir Amarth [Gothenburg and surrounding areas, Technocracy, Elven enclave]
>Skånska Demokratiska Republiken [Scania and Öland, Fascist dictatorship]

Sverige and SDR were kind of a North-South korea-style split with all that it entails.
Nordland was in alliance talks with northern parts of Norway and Finland. They also had Nordland Kommandojägare, which were commandos trained for winter warfare, using skis and snowmobile working alongside Sapmi shamans.
Tir Amarth mostly wanted everyone to shut up and stop disrespecting the True Nordic Race: the Elves
>>
File: Nordlandkarta shadowrun.jpg (176KB, 800x1335px) Image search: [Google]
Nordlandkarta shadowrun.jpg
176KB, 800x1335px
>>47220749
Here's a more detailed map of Nordland, where the main part of my campaign played out.

Yeah, yeah. crappy MSPaint hack is crappy
>>
File: xShB_5.gif (5MB, 400x267px) Image search: [Google]
xShB_5.gif
5MB, 400x267px
>>47220749
>"democratic republic" in the name of the nation.
Every time
>>
File: Griffith.jpg (122KB, 684x520px) Image search: [Google]
Griffith.jpg
122KB, 684x520px
>>47220669
>There's plenty of ways to make yourself rich
The money is simply a means to an end.
>>
File: tumblr_nuozbseMOe1qzve7lo1_1280.jpg (134KB, 816x1280px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_nuozbseMOe1qzve7lo1_1280.jpg
134KB, 816x1280px
>>47220669
>Implying the PCs can say no to the payout
>>
>>47220771
And just to splurge some, here's some of the big players and small fry gangs my players ran into (or were mentioned in newscasts the PCs tuned in to)

Big Players:
>Mänskligt Artkiskt Motstånd (Human Artic Resistance) - Think swedish KKK that hates non-human meta-species
>Scandinavian Pirate’s Guild - Data thieves and fences for hot data
>Sixth Reich - Neo-Nazi “political” party

Small Fry:
>Zeta Magi - Magic Go-Gang
>NanoAngels - All Female Cybertech Gang
>Bone Pack - Ghoul Gang
>BattleBorgs - Cybertech Gang
>Ultima Humanis - Racist Anti-Metahuman Gang
>Asagårds Söner (Sons of Asgaard) - Troll & Orc Biker Gang
>Daemon Riders - Biker Go-Gang
>Läbbiga Skogen - Eco-Shamanic Biker Gang
>Iron Crosses - Neo-Nazi Go-Gang (muscle for Sixth Reich)
>>
File: 1462325891195.jpg (97KB, 607x862px) Image search: [Google]
1462325891195.jpg
97KB, 607x862px
>>
File: HADOUKEN.pdf (1B, 486x500px)
HADOUKEN.pdf
1B, 486x500px
>>47220363
>Power Focus

Oh. That changes everything.

Check it out. Got a Troll Muscle Wizard here that has:
>18 dice to resist drain
>18 dice to cast Powerbolt (Herolab's giving an incorrect +2 from the mentor spirit here)
>an average of 1 drain from a Force 10 Powerbolt
>an average of 2 drain from casting 2 Force 7 Powerbolts in one round
>3 Initiative Passes on 97% of rolls
>4 boxes of damage before he takes penalties
>15 total Physical boxes
>11 defense dice, 16 on full defense
>32 soak for regular damage

The Rating 3 focus is probably overkill since he can completely soak a Force 9 powerbolt or a pair of reckless Force 6. But hey, we're going ridiculous here.

Also, since Kamikaze is Physiologically addictive, he's got 18 dice to resist addiction. And it makes him even more terrifying.
>>
>>47220970
Man, her social limit seems pretty low
>>
>>47221134
More like not low enough. That's outright frigid.
>>
>>47221133
If you wanted to have variety, you can have the Power Focus and a Qi Focus with Adept Spell on at the same time without needing to worry about focus addiction.

That way you could have an Indirect spell, an Indirect AoE Spell, and a Direct spell for ruining pretty much everybody's days.
>>
Tell me about your runner's fashion.

Are they slick n' suave or a dirty punk?
J-pop stripper slut or always armored?
Robe and wizard hat or business casual?
>>
I let trolls carry everything and soak up all the bullets so that they can pretend they're valuable members of society.
>>
>>47221424

A legitimately nice, fashionable overcoat that covers up the dirty Barrens rags that make up the rest of her wardrobe.

One day she'll be able to own more than one nice article of clothing. One day...
>>
What's your opinion on no plot campagin? Just random jobs in a city.
>>
>>47221786
It's how I like to start new players off but shit gets boring if you don't add plot eventually.
>>
Is there a pronunciation guide for the corp names? my Japanese sucks dick.
>>
>>47221786
It's alright, works with some groups better than others.

Current GM has just going with largely disconnected jobs since everyone likes to drink both in game and ic, and we all forget the overarching plot.
>>
>>47221878
>Shiawase
>She-A-Wass-Ayy

>Renraku
>Ren-Rah-Coo

>Mitsuhama
>Mee-tsu-ham-ah

>Wuxing
>Wux(as in crux)-ing
>>
>>47221843
>>47221879
I was thinking about 1st mission to set up group and stuff:
Mission is to infiltrate server-facility (ex. NEONET) and swap a couple of blocks with fake ones. Result of the mission along with Y will be access for a new runnerjob-desk host (somilar to Jackpoint), where Johnsons post job add and runners take it.
Possible plot would be that corp will start an investigation and create anti-runner enviroment (like random spawn of anti-runner groups, contacts won't make some offers, bounties on some runners, etc.)
>>
I'm looking to start a campaign in Berlin, and I've been cheaply translating the stuff I can get ahold of from the books and wikis in German for the recent going-ons.

Can anyone more familiar than me take a look at this setting doc I plan on handing my players? I've taken a few liberties with some details, but mostly for understanding or in order to make something interesting in a way I understand.

http://pastebin.com/dyne38VH
>>
>>47221424
Depends on the situation.

On a normal day where she is living her "legal" life, three piece suits otherwise its bdu clothing.
>>
>>47221934
Thanks chummer!
>>
File: Troll Tribal Skull.jpg (35KB, 425x239px) Image search: [Google]
Troll Tribal Skull.jpg
35KB, 425x239px
>>47221424
He's got the wifebeater, faux-denim jacket and jeans I imagine are common among the dregs of Seattle.

For parties, there's his Halloweener gear, his electrochromatic jacket for proper stylishness and gang affiliation, and he turns on the full-skull LED tattoo. Honestly, I don't know who would ever have a character without electrochromatic clothing.

For runs, you add a huge cloak on top of that, plus a day-glo helmet that maintains his skull tats.
>>
>>47221934
>>Mitsuhama
>>Mee-tsu-ham-ah
I always thought it was 'Mee-tsu-hom-ah', not ham as in the food.

>>Wuxing
>>Wux(as in crux)-ing

And for that I thought it was "Wu-shing" (I say 'sh', but go look up any Chinese work with an 'x' to hear how they use that sound, it's like a cross between 'sh' and 'z').
>>
>>47220263
>>47220749

I like Sweden the way it is in-lore already - anti-Corp, possibly aiding ecoterrorists, huge black market, neopagan gangs and humanis - but I know one of my players is big into politics (I am too), and i know he's gonna ask about it. I think it might be sort of interesting to have them in there, if possible. I'm definitely gonna use some of these names and gangs, though, thanks for those.
>>
File: infiltrated_by_larkabella.jpg (80KB, 600x418px) Image search: [Google]
infiltrated_by_larkabella.jpg
80KB, 600x418px
>>47222309

Not sure if it's correct, but I rhyme Mistuhama with Obama.

I also agree with you on the Wuxing pronunciation.
>>
>>47222333 here again

However, if it's gonna be majorly lore-breaking, I'll not use them.
>>
File: Slow Ride.gif (1MB, 500x400px) Image search: [Google]
Slow Ride.gif
1MB, 500x400px
>>47222345
If you can come up with some justification (Iranian refugees after Tehran?) then you can get some variety of Middle Eastern people up there if you really want, but there's nothing that would cause mass exodus from Syria or North Africa, and absolutely no way they'd be allowed to just wander up to Europe and get accepted out of the charity of the EU.

And, having player with highly political players, if there's one thing that's a shitty idea it's bringing in highly contentious current events. At best, people agree with the GM's stance (and make no mistake, how the GM plays it decides who is right and wrong) and becomes masturbatory, at worst it causes arguments, or just makes the other players uncomfortable and unhappy.
>>
If your stun track is filled, you pass out correct? So does that mean if you're trying to drop a trollbrick built with a high phys track you probably are better off going non-lethal on them since that'll drop them sooner?
>>
>>47221424
She's an LA runner who dresses like an anime character to pander to weebs. Outfit ranges from sailor uniform to eva style jumpsuit.
>>
>>47222845
Yes.
>>
>>47222845
yes, but IIRC having Pain Editor can fuck with this
>>
>>47222845
The answer's a qualified yes. First, if they have a pain editor then they're not going down when stun is filled, and there's not much of an easy way to find out.

Two, if you can get extra damage without giving the target extra armor (effectively), then you may want to go with that.

If your modified damage isn't higher than their armor, it'll become stun damage anyway.
>>
>>47221424
My runners bought some high end armored suits and realized they're better off with those than anything worse than SWAT armor, so they go into battle with the HIGHEST OF FASHIONS.

I'm thinking about charging them a fee to restore them to 'acceptable for nice party' status every time they take physical damage and acquire bullet holes/slashing damage
>>
>>47223002
Don't be a dick. The entire point of those is so you can go into battle while also looking dapper. If they just wanted suits, they'd buy actual suits.
>>
>>47222092
I'm not familiar with the RPG supplements as such, but I'm German so if you need something translated I can help you out.
>>
>>47222775

Yeah, if it's that lore-breaking I'll just leave them out of it. Thanks for the perspective m90
>>
>>47219304
>still greentexting links
>>
>>47223051
I mean, normal armour gets torn up pretty hard when it gets shot too.
>>
>>47223685
>Not appreciating the comforting green of a meme arrow
>>
File: Armoured Suit.jpg (144KB, 751x1063px) Image search: [Google]
Armoured Suit.jpg
144KB, 751x1063px
>>47223642
No problem. I'd like to see a refugee crisis in the Sixth World, I just can't see how Sweden would end up being Ground Zero for the arrivals.

>>47223685
It makes it much easier for someone to find than 'things are greentext and plaintext more or less at random'.

>>47223002
I thought there was already rules for that, in Run & Gun, for restoration to pristine condition. Anyways, I agree with you. It's the same problem with Sleeping Tiger, where people declare that it has to be both the most fashionable and great armour.
>>
File: Hellhound.png (84KB, 212x278px) Image search: [Google]
Hellhound.png
84KB, 212x278px
>>47221424
>that dog

Critter book with suites of doggycyber when?
>>
>>47223917
>Sleeping Tiger,
>Fashionable
It makes you look like an asshole, that's basically the entire point.
>>
>>47223218
Hmm, it'd be helpful, but for the most part entire book translations are a little too much to ask for over the internet.

I think that the information that I've been parsing through is mostly coming from the (relatively) recent German-only Berlin sourcebook. If you've got the time, I'd just like to know that I'm not missing any details or that I haven't gotten anything significantly wrong. Or that there isn't any newer books I should be poking around.
>>
>>47223917
The sleeping tiger meta is almost as much of a cancer on 5e as the hot dog suit meta DESU
>>
>>47223917
It's listed as a high-fashion armor. How else are you supposed to look wearing one?
>>
File: 5613b9d2e246b94fb184cc29a1abe58b.jpg (313KB, 1500x1000px) Image search: [Google]
5613b9d2e246b94fb184cc29a1abe58b.jpg
313KB, 1500x1000px
Most people interact with the matrix in some way. Most runners have a data jack or at least some trodes.

So what's your avatar when your hanging out at the e-bar or shitposting on some future board about how bubblegum Kawaii ecchi dragon princess is part of the dragons conspiracy.
>>
>>47223982
Pretty much like the runner herself, but with a blurred out face.
>>
>>47223917
>It makes it much easier for someone to find than 'things are greentext and plaintext more or less at random'.
Have you looked at the previous thread?
>>
>>47223917
>>47224057
Heck, have you looked at this thread?
>'things are greentext and plaintext more or less at random'
That's the current OP.
>>
>>47224057
Your thread is shit and nobody cares about it, omae.
>>
>>47223947
>entire book translations are a little too much to ask for over the internet.
Yeah, that wasn't really what I was thinking of either.
I was more thinking along the lines of stuff that you are having a particularly hard time to translate. I don't have the book, so I don't know the background but I can help you with the language.
>>
File: Steaming Mug of Soykaf.png (87KB, 647x484px) Image search: [Google]
Steaming Mug of Soykaf.png
87KB, 647x484px
>>47224071
>>47224057
There's only a few instances of greentext here, highlighting the important aspects; the login (for sentimental and thematic reasons), the links, and the rules.
>>
>>47224109
They would stand out better black on blue than green on blue.
>>
File: Orc Fighter.jpg (53KB, 543x800px) Image search: [Google]
Orc Fighter.jpg
53KB, 543x800px
>>47223982
Haven't worked out one for my current game (though I really should) but a past character did fork out 25 nuyen for the Neil the Orc Barbarian skinpack.

>>47224131
Greentexting the entire OP but the links looks ugly as fuck, though. At least people on 4chan have been taught that
>greentext means important things are being said
>>
>>47224131
So what you are saying is OP didn't put enough meme arrows?
>>
>>47224131
>not using a dark color theme
>>
File: Heresy Identification.jpg (137KB, 500x661px) Image search: [Google]
Heresy Identification.jpg
137KB, 500x661px
>>47224287
>disgracing the sacred Yotsuba B

Take your Tomorrow and get the fuck out. Keep Blue Boards Blue!
>>
>>47224287
If you're using Tomorrow, then mostly greentext OP is even more appropriate, as in pic related. >>47224109
>>
>>47224104
Oh, there is *one* thing I was very confused by.

On http://www.shadowiki.de/Berlin , there's a small chart that includes information about the Extraterritorial district of Schonwalde. The translation I got from Google didn't make much sense; It's something about they're evacuating the district and setting up a critter research station in the forest?

It's the biggest sticking point I've found so far. The information in the table says
>Auch: Aztech-Schönwalde. Abgeschirmter und umfassend entmieteter bzw. verlassener Bezirk, in den erst langsam Aztechnology-Konzernbürger und Hilfsangestellte einziehen (selbst bei Abschluss aller Umsiedlungen vermutlich viel leerer Wohnraum verbleibend). Isolationistisch und geheimniskrämerisch agierend. Keine beobachtbaren Baumaßnahmen außer im Spandauer Forst (Zeltanlagen und andere leicht wieder abbaubare Installationen, z.B. mit Modulen oder Containern). Critterzucht- und Forschungsanlagen schwerpunktmäßig im Spandauer Forst gelegen. Grenzanlagen (Zäune mit geräumten Grenzstreifen und Sensorik) mit wenigen Zugangskontrollpunkten. Im Bezirk Kontrollen und passive Überwachung (Kameras, Mitarbeiter-RFID-Scanner, Passkontrollen). Erwähnenswerte Locations: Schöne Aussicht am Kontrollpunkt nach Spandau, Treffpunkt von Verschwörungstheoretikern, Hualpas Dance Palast auf Spandauer Seite hat unterirdischen Zugang nach Schönwalde.
>>
>>47224429
Whichever is used less stands out, whether it's mostly greentext or mostly normal text
>>
>>47221424
Ares Patriot's Club limited edition armored jacket, Ares brand high-speed low-drag operator pants and shoes, because he's a big fat Ares fanboy. If Vale Runs-as-Deer shills it, he's bought it.
And a ballin ass track suit when it's time to dance badly alone and do novacoke.
>>
>>47221424

He tries really, really hard to appear inconspicuous and forgettable.

>His attire was equally nondescript, consisting primarily of military surplus clothing in various shades of grey and khaki green, all of which only served to enhance his unremarkable aspect.

He's had cosmetic surgery just to make himself looks as average as possible, which ironically sometimes makes him stick out like a sore thumb.
>>
>>47224706
It's a list of bulletpoints describing the area and security as well as a few details that might help with setting a run there.

Also: Aztech-Schönwalde
Remote and completely unleased and otherwise vacated district, in which Aztech salarymen (literally company citizens, don't remember that term in shadowrun though) and menial workers are slowly moving in (even after resettling there will probably be a lot of empty housing space).
Isolationist and secretive acting.
No visible construction sites except in Spandau Forest (Campsites and other easily disassembled Installations, i.e. with modules or containers).
Critter breeding grounds and laboratories mainly within Spandau Forest.
Border installations (fences with cleared border strips and sensor monitored) with few access points.
Within the area are checkpoints and passive surveillance (cameras, staff-RFID(?)-scans, passport inspections)

Noteworthy locations: 'Schöne Aussicht' at the checkpoint to Spandau, meeting site for conspiracy nuts, Hualpas Dance Palast (i.e. dance palace, apparently a club) on the Spandau side, has subterranean access to Schönwalde.

'Schöne Aussicht' could just be any scenic outpost or a specific place called 'nice view' or that the checkpoint has a nice view. Just guessing here because the missing article implies it's a name and not a description, but the capitalization would be the same either way, but then again it's supposed to be location and not a description of a place that was already mentioned elsewhere.
It's a bulletpoint and could just be written kind of in a non-specific manner. The conspiracy theorist thing is pretty vague too, since it just means there is one and nothing about where it is. So it depends on how the rest of the book is written I guess.
>>
>>47225200
I'd imagine that walking around in fatigues would be more noticable, not less. Even if you live in an area with a big military presence, it's unlikely to be more common than civvies.
>>
>>47225410

That's the issue, really, it's actually become something of a running gag.

We had one point early one when they went to an underground metahuman fetish nightclub.

Yeah, blending in really wasn't an option.
>>
>>47221424
When Zergei Dustoyvsky is doing normal business as factor for Humanis Poligroup, armored daily wear like high end (definitely not Russian knockoff) clothing line!

When secret usink Poligroup knowledge to be of defend nonhuman, Zergei don street alias of Belmont, armored liberator! Best custom combat armor loaded with many modification - no hugs when in street! Is look of plate armor but very modern and sleek havink. Add mighty great sword and custom crossbow, you also havink what he is wear while hunting ghoul and vampire!
>>
>>47225410
That depends. Ares has that whole faux-military thing going, which means clothes that look like fatigues wouldn't be too eye raising in an area with a large Ares presence.
>>
>>47223982

A perfectly ordinary elf woman.

On the internet, nobody knows you're a changeling.
>>
File: 95199_1363996114_large.jpg (634KB, 1188x1626px) Image search: [Google]
95199_1363996114_large.jpg
634KB, 1188x1626px
>>47225520
Fair point. In certain districts of the UCAS, you could probably find enough soldier-chic to blend in, especially if his face and general demeanour are inoffensive enough to be forgettable.
>>
What negative quality best exemplifies 'Disdain for 'ware users'? I'm making an adept whos core concept is "Obsessed with 'human potential' and 'ubermensch' and part of that is he really really is disgusted by those who use 'ware (voluntarily). He's willing to grudgingly accept that there are those who need 'ware, but that anyone who willingly has it installed when not needed/replaces bits for non-essential reasons is a degenerate weakling. Is it just prejudice? or is there a specific quality?
>>
File: NPC-Sword-Dancer.jpg (549KB, 817x900px) Image search: [Google]
NPC-Sword-Dancer.jpg
549KB, 817x900px
>>47225660

I think some degree of the Prejudiced quality would be the most appropriate option.
>>
>>47223982
Themself. When you're a LA runner, gotta promote your brand.
>>
>>47225693
>>47225660
Unless you want them to be unreasonable in social settings to the point of reduced dice pools, then I'd say it's a matter of roleplay, not qualities.
>>
>>47223982

A figure made of a constantly shifting fractals of iridescent metal, like a humanoid construct of living Bismuth, growing and folding with each movement.
>>
>>47223982
The current build I'm tooling around with, were it to get assigned to a character, would use a zombie.

After all, the abilities came back, as did the fear of decay.
>>
>>47225854
My thought was that it was indeed a potent enoguh dislike that he'd have a hard time not at the very least sneering at someone sporting some obvious 'ware, and he'd definitely take a very dim view of anyone he learned was using say, pheromones or cybereyes. I'm talking "You are subhuman degenerate trash for sullying yourself" level of dim view.
>>
File: karina_by_cacuu-d81jroz.jpg (218KB, 1280x1811px) Image search: [Google]
karina_by_cacuu-d81jroz.jpg
218KB, 1280x1811px
>>47226149
>You are subhuman degenerate trash for sullying yourself"

That's the Prejudiced quality if I've ever heard it.
>>
File: 4ePred.jpg (28KB, 330x315px) Image search: [Google]
4ePred.jpg
28KB, 330x315px
>>47226149
>>
File: Humanis Troops.webm (3MB, 1269x708px) Image search: [Google]
Humanis Troops.webm
3MB, 1269x708px
>>47226294
I like the jump between Outspoken and Actively Prejudiced; it implies that the only reason every Humanis member isn't a chapter leader is beacuse they just aren't racist enough.

Sure, they'll come by two Saturdays a month in their pointy white hoods, and even if they don't know all the words to 'Break The Trogs, Squish The Stunties' they'll at least make appropriately angry sounds to keep the volume up. But they just don't have that drive, that real deep hatred, that makes people take on administrative responsibility.
>>
So, assuming that I'm making a (partial) burnout Techno and that I can hit with 16 or more dice, what kind of weapon should the build use?
>>
>>47226356
Which mongolian floor show is that webm from?
>>
>>47226403
It depends (tm).
The most efficient weapon category is generally automatics. That way you get assault rifles for going loud, and machine pistols, which can be used as a slightly more covert thing.
If you're heavily investing in weapons I guess you could go with longarms with pistols or automatics or some such to back you up. Longarms are powerful but fairly circumstantial, so generally you need a second kind of weapon category to back them up.
>>
>>47226356
Certain racism is learned, but true racism, that burning hatred for people not like you, that comes from the heart, man.
>>
>>47225394
Hmm, I see. That clears up a lot, thanks - I'd mistook a few of those things. I'll clear it up on my pastebin. Thanks!
>>
>>47226431
You can cut the barrel / stock off a rifle or shotgun (shotguns get better if your GM ignores the 'no silencers' thing), and there are some heavy duty pistols, for those who want to go with one firearm skill.
Archery fails in a target rich environment, and thrown lacks range overall. (so does pistols, but eh)

Automatics are the baseline.
>>
>>47226431
You can get longarms and cut down a shotgun if you want something relatively easy to conceal, while still having access to the high-powered weapons.
>>
>>47226431
At the moment, I've got it as Automatics (SMG), because 17 dice against somebody with a -5 penalty every turn for nine turns with no penalty up to 40m makes up for 7p 0AP base.

If it's something I wouldn't need to aim every turn to avoid penalties, I could take a weapon with more damage was the thought.
>>
File: 1455338536947.jpg (639KB, 705x1000px) Image search: [Google]
1455338536947.jpg
639KB, 705x1000px
>>47226497
Archery and throwing only really work if you invested heavily in adept powers and/or toxins, or you have a bucketload of grenades and don't particularly care who gets caught in the radius. But's it's the same with melee- if you don't want to get really good at it, you shouldn't bother.
>>
File: 9045fef49f044cf543c20141b7fd773c.jpg (407KB, 1280x665px) Image search: [Google]
9045fef49f044cf543c20141b7fd773c.jpg
407KB, 1280x665px
>>47226406

Hellsing Ultimate.

>>47226497
>thrown lacks range

But it gets grenades! It's generally a build-around fighting style, but thrown adepts can get real stupid. It's surprisingly easy for a troll adept to get double digit damage with pencils or bottle caps.
>>
>>47226406
I think that's from the one of the Helsing Ultimate OVAs
>>
>>47226583
Don't forget that they can apply two of the shotgun spreads to their thrown attacks.
>>
>tfw want to make a cute happy AI eager to learn all about the wild world of "meat space" but the AI rules are so shit that it's not really feasible
>>
>>47226604

How could I forget! Kill 2 guys at once with a handful of gravel!

Smash a window, instant ammunition!
>>
>>47226708
If two actual throwing weapons are involved at medium ranges, I can only imagine the ricochets involved.
>>
>>47219304

I want to like trolls. I want to like trolls a lot.

But I don't like having to spend a B rank on metatype, A if I want to have any damn edge.

I'm also prone to caring more about my mental attributes than my physical-

Oh, it's a question of how the WORLD deals. Uhm...

Basically, issues midgets have, but in reverse, if that makes any sense?
>>
>>47226707

That's actually the perfect way to play the allin AI face!

Exceptional Entity, Attributes A, jam everything into Charisma (you'll end up with CHA 13).

Max ranks in Perform, Leadership (so you can do something in combat), and whatever other CHA skills you like.

Boom. You're a lovably cute digital creature who can roll 21 dice against targets CHA + WIL to distract them or add ~7 dice and +1 limit to any of your teammate's skill tests. During combat, give ~6 extra Initiative to all your teammates. Because you believe in them!

And with 2 Logic, you'll have a lot to learn about the physical world and all those strange entities in it.
>>
>>47227051
>A cute little AI pops up in the corner of your smartlink with pompoms cheering you on during combat
Holy fuck
too cute
>>
>>47227085
Agreed.
Buncha grizzled runner vets smile behind cover as that happens.

Then the GM goes full ass and summons an EMP level technomancer to fight the team.
>>
>>47227144

The first thing I immediately think of is Dr. Nakiyama from borderlands the pre-sequal, losing his shit when you set his flowers on fire...
>>
>>47227144
>AI is evolved from an agent based on matrix searches, which explains her curiosity about the world around her
>Not built for combat, lives on a commlink
>Enemy decker gets his teeth into her and fucks her up real good, irreparably damages her programming
>This plays as she slowly goes offline
https://youtu.be/W2TE0DjdNqI
>Eventually winks off of the runner's AR view, replaced with a small "rebooting" icon
>After a few minutes, her persona pops back up, looking exactly as it did the first time they met, and asks the runners what they would like her to search for
>>
>>47227051
Is that like an apron or something?
>>
File: james-woof-stagg-h-concept-art-7.jpg (185KB, 575x1072px) Image search: [Google]
james-woof-stagg-h-concept-art-7.jpg
185KB, 575x1072px
>>47227144
Nah, it's cool. She can hang out in goggles or contacts with wireless off and be perfectly safe.

>>47227085
Yep. And if that AI specialized in Leadership (Direct), that pompom routine will give you an average of 7 extra dice.

Also, I love the idea of stapling a trid projector and speakers to a flying microdrone, sending it into the target building, and that same cute AI starting a concert/danceparty.

Even with the relevant social modifiers, not many people can beat 21 dice with their CHA + WIL. And if they fail, they're either "distracted" or "swept up in the performance."

>Be corpsec
>Boring night
>Suddenly, holographic girl appears
>She wants to dance
>Can't refuse, she's too cute
>Guard buddies hear the music
>Damn, these beats are so fresh
>They all join in
>Most fun I've had in years
>Next morning, find out stuff got stolen
>We're all fired
>>
>>47226965
C rank shapeshifter, if you don't mind spending more karma on metatype.
>>
>>47227258
>She haunts my dreams with her fresh jams
>I can still feel the beat
>I was so alive, so happy
>Become obsessed with AIs
>Go broke chasing her through the shadows, become a runner
>She robbed me of my job, my life, my freedom
>My heart
>She will be mine
>>
>>47227258
>>47227472
I just realized that since she's an exceptional entity, there isn't a limit to how fucking cute this AI could be
eventually she could surpass the charisma of every great dragon put together
>>
>>47227258
She'll need a Comlink (or assimilitated) to take refuge in/just chill.

Data TRails pg. 153
>AIs can only be loaded on a device that can also load apps, autosofts, or cyberprograms. Standard devices simply don’t have the capabilities to load any outside software other than simple firmware and driver updates.

>An AI takes up one program/app slot on a device unless the device’s rating is lower than the AI’s Depth. In this case, the AI takes up two slots.
>>
>>47226965
You could go with a karma build
>>
>>47227493
Did you pick Charisma as the unlimited attribute?
>>
>>47227521
Ah shit, you're right. Fine, she can hang in a wirelessly disabled commlink that's hardwired to your imagelink goggles.

Or hardwired to that trid projector I mentioned earlier.

>>47227472
That's possibly the greatest starting point for the Driven quality I've ever seen. Fund it!

>>47227493
Yes. And her cuteness already exceeds what's metahumanly possible (that's 11 CHA, if I'm doing my math right).

>>47227606
That's the whole point of the build, yeah. 13 CHA is pretty insane. It's weaponized cuteness.
>>
>>47227521
Can't you store her on a virtual machine built into any toaster with a program module?
>>
>>47227638
>catgirl poster will never fund your ideas
die in my sleep already
>>
>>47227665
Can't see why not. The device just needs free program slots to accept an A.I.
>>
>>47227638
Another thing I just realized as I'm putting the finishing touches on our AI
She gets 33 free contact points (I gave her 11 Cha so I wouldn't have 1 in two attributes)
This AI has so many friends.
>>
File: 5a663fc48bdb519518af72fbc35fa4e4.png (171KB, 540x1025px) Image search: [Google]
5a663fc48bdb519518af72fbc35fa4e4.png
171KB, 540x1025px
>>47227676

Who says I won't? If you're >>47227223 I'd probably fund it if there was a happier end where the team technomancer goes on a daring quest into the Resonance Realms to find her lost memories.

>>47227802

Yep! I was about to mention that myself.

Also, If you get 16 Karma in-play, she can also take Friends in High Places for another CHA x 4 Contact points. Because she obviously hangs out with Johnny Spinrad.
>>
Speaking of AIs, can the AI's optimization bonus exceed the drone's normal cap of double the original attribute that Rigger 5.0 introduced, or does it apply to things other than modifications, too?

>The one thing to remember is that a drone’s attributes can never by higher than twice their starting value (so if you had a Handling of 3, it can never be modified higher than 6)
>>
>>47227928
I'd argue that they can, yes. Situation-specific rules overriding general ones when conflicting, yadda, yadda, yadda...

As usual though, check with your DM.
>>
>>47227802

Also, you can definitely bump those low Attributes up with karma rather than spending Attribute points. Get 12 CHA at least, so that no living metahuman can match her in cuteness.

>>47227928
I think so?

But I'm not to be trusted here. I still don't get riggers.
>>
File: hologram-2-600x315.jpg (15KB, 600x315px) Image search: [Google]
hologram-2-600x315.jpg
15KB, 600x315px
>>47227895
Well, here she is, Cinnamon! yes that is a reference to Paprika
An AI which emerged from an agent program specializing in matrix searches and finding things for her users, she already had rudimentary knowledge of interacting with users and a talent for finding information. Now that she's an AI, she's extremely curious about the entire new world that she can explore, especially all these places in the "real world" she knows odd bits of trivia about. She's also eager to meet new friends, and constantly bugs a gruff and unsociable xenosapient AI with her findings about meatspace.
The original "owner" of the agent that became her was an otaku decker (an actual otaku, not a proto-technomancer), who was as excited to finally have a friend as Cinamon was to meet her first. He showed her anime, idols, and vocaloids, which got Cinnamon very interested in dancing and performing in general. They're still very close friends, and he ended up buying a high-end commlink just for Cinnamon to run on.
http://pastebin.com/u687vu13
>>
>>47221424
Clean, black leather jacket, jeans, button up shirt, and some black boots. Also, a permanently covered face with a black ballistic mask over his mouth and thick dark glasses with digital displays integrated into them. It's how he communicates emotion.
>>
File: bd986ffc58420e7551217c6b71ff0383.jpg (910KB, 1000x1456px) Image search: [Google]
bd986ffc58420e7551217c6b71ff0383.jpg
910KB, 1000x1456px
>>47228050

Nice. Now you'll just need a huge collection of her favorite songs to dance to.

I know it's very un-cyberpunk, but 70's disco songs are a great source for "groovy songs that tell you to dance along."
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pyqKmUgkMOs
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9HmIZqsnJZc
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h1qQ1SKNlgY
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LHEsE9yN2CY
>>
>>47226583
>But it gets grenades!
Reply was still only talking about taking one ranged attack skill. Thrown should be a second.
>>
>>47228268
Of course, if I get the chance to play her.
This fits very well as a "character song"
https://youtu.be/HAIDqt2aUek
no I will not stop shilling Porter Robinson

Also fuck, the rules for essence loss for AI are rough
>Leave a device for more than depth hours? Roll or lose 1 essence.
>Fill a condition monitor? Lose one essence, roll to resist the overflow and lose that many essence.
>Device bricked? Burn edge, or you lose 6 essence
I would imagine losing essence and depth is much more significant for AIs, from a roleplay perspective, because I'm not sure if AIs have souls, so essence loss would be more akin having a part of their mind cut out and lost.
>>
File: 5baf1b38252f42f4be0d6ec5e738a4ce.png (483KB, 1200x1488px) Image search: [Google]
5baf1b38252f42f4be0d6ec5e738a4ce.png
483KB, 1200x1488px
>>47228350
>https://youtu.be/HAIDqt2aUek

Dang, I'm gonna have to listen to this whole album now.

>Also fuck, the rules for essence loss for AI are rough

Yeah. That's why the safest AI is the one that never leaves the comfort of her wireless-disabled commlink.
>>
does Essence ever come back? Like even very slowly? If you had a datajack and an implanted deck, but had them removed years ago, do you still have the lowered essence?
>>
>>47228480
There is a very expensive treatment that can help you regain it very slowly, but it will not come back on its own.

>>47228446
How many catgirls from that game do you have?
>>
>>47228480

There's a process that restores .1 essence over the course of a month, for about 1 million nuyen in 5e
>>
>>47228446
Just make sure to have it hooked to a drone or vehicle, or to find yourself a decent meatbag you really trust to carry you around and out of trouble.

Those GOD people are a really racist bunch.
>>
>>47228446
It really is a superb album.

Making this character was really fun, moreso than most of my others, she's definitely up there on the "want to play" priority.
Sadly, I'm unsure most GMs would allow AIs at their tables. I think she could have a cool development focused on her growing and learning about the world by buying better LOG/INT
I doubt I'd be able to stomach roleplaying her death, though.
>>
>>47228537
>If you reach convergence and are a SINless AI, the demiGODs will just dataspike you over and over again until you die
Cold as black ice.
>>
>>47228501

A bunch, apparently. Not familiar with the series myself, I just used my Computer (Matrix Search) specialization to scoop up a bunch of cyberish catgirls.

Definitely running lower now that I've already posted ~75% of my cybercatgirl folder. My reign of fluffy-eared terror will soon be coming to an end.

>>47228548

I love the build too. It's such a complete tangent to the typical AI deckers or AI riggers people usually make. It feels like a real testament to the flexibility of Shadowrun chargen.

And yeah, the roleplaying opportunities are off the chain.
>>
>>47228567
They'll upload you to some sort of a "prison" after you "pass out". Same thing as nonlethal takedown, but with essence loss.
>>
>>47228585
Invent some way to become an e-ghost. Though Data Trails doesn't allow players to have one as a PC.
>>
>>47228585
Well, E-ghosts are a thing, but nobody fucking knows how they come into being.
>>
File: CokuumCommercialsWith-M+B.gif (119KB, 500x400px) Image search: [Google]
CokuumCommercialsWith-M+B.gif
119KB, 500x400px
>>47228268
I can dig it. Disco's been getting a lot of love in house these days. It'll survive in some form in 2070.

https://youtu.be/Gxu248aD6PY
>>
>>47228582
It's also hilarious because in theory AIs are supposed to be super deckers with no social skills, but in practice they are just kind of gimped deckers who can be the most chatty fucks around.
I wonder how the cute wonderlust filled AI would change after having 6LOG/INT

Jeez, this is the issue with shadowrun, far too many unique and varied options.

>>47228584
That's for SINner AI, for SINless it says some demiGODs may attempt arrest, but data spike execution is also common.

>>47228601
E-Ghosts are a type of AI.
>>
>>47228602
>>47228601
You were trapped online during the last matrix crash / other matrix event that fucked shit up. Done.
>>
>>47228657
Yeah, they are statted and all, but the only AI you are allowed to touch by the rules is metasapient, since even ghosts are supposed to be too outlandish to RP as.
>>
>>47228673
I sort of assumed that you could simply chose what type of AI you were, otherwise there wouldn't be a huge point to giving xeno, proto, and E-Ghosts "Base" statlines with starting qualities and everything.
>>
>>47228710
It's probably for NPC generation, since that's how you make contacts and prime runners in the core.
>>
File: 35c3fa7943ca28f712dba970bf939c2b.jpg (599KB, 1000x725px) Image search: [Google]
35c3fa7943ca28f712dba970bf939c2b.jpg
599KB, 1000x725px
>>47228621
>It'll survive in some form in 2070.
For sure. Disco will never die!

Also that video was pretty Shadowrun. Corporate sleazeballs, deadly future-sports, it had it all.

In exchange, have a music video of underground Barrens human-turned-biodrone pit fights:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LXbd7Ox9HjM

>>47228657
>I wonder how the cute wonderlust filled AI would change after having 6LOG/INT
I think learning about the concept of death would be a huge deal for her.

>>47228710
It's so a GM can properly represent NPC's of the other varieties. Kinda like how there are Insect Spirits in Street Grimoire that players should never be summoning.
>>
>>47228673
Not quite true.

>Only metasapient AIs can be player characters
>In terms of rules, e-ghosts are handled like metasapient AIs

>Gamemasters and players can choose to create an e-ghost character based on a deceased or living character from the Shadowrun canon or base the e-ghost on an original character if they choose. E-ghosts based on currently living characters should experience both concrete and metaphysical dilemmas as a result of their unique status as “copies.”
>>
>>47228756
Didn't notice that. Wonder how do you handle non-humans with that template, though, since an e-ghost's stats are flat 6'es.
>>
I had an E-ghost in my party once.

The character was a decker who was just a bit too into hot sim. Like, nearly burnout quality addicted to it. He was always in hot sim.

I don't remember exactly what the GM and the decker worked out, but basically, the decker died. Like, straight up, legitimately died, and he just made an AI with a similar build to his old character, and played it off from there, as though he had transcended into AIdom.
>>
>>47228750
>Learning about the concept of death would be a huge deal for her
For sure, her first disruption would be crazy significant, too.
Getting dataspiked to hell while basically defenseless, then being a disorganized haze of memories and thoughts that eventually pieces itself back together but even when she's whole again she knows something is missing and she has no idea what it is, and the idea /terrifies/ her.
Man just sitting here I'm thinking of all these badends that can happen to her, becoming jaded, dying as she slowly loses herself, etc.
I think her good end would be either getting some sort of heavy duty drone body and travelling the world, or/and getting an education.
>>
>>47228803
Or, becoming an international super star like future hatsune miku.
>>
Would you ever play a in a party of Awakened Orang Utans?
>>
>>47228803

Happy endings are tough to write for potentially immortal characters.

A permanent lifestyle that let her follow a passion for an extended time would be a good one. A sociable and persuasive AI with empathy for humans would be an excellent liaison for human/AI relations.

Hell, with some anthrodrones she could even do something real down-to-earth like running an entire orphanage or shelter by herself.

It definitely depends on how much of that optimism and curious spirit make it through to the end of her shadowrunning career.

Oh man, I just realized that the bulk of her experience with shooting and such would be Matrix games. Where dead people respawn. She could easily spend months cheering on the other runners as they gun people down without realizing the gravity of what's actually happening. That's dark. That's real dark.

Happy cybercatgirls keep the darkness away.
>>
>>47228896
>That's dark. That's real dark.

Welcome to Shadowrun.
>>
>>47228768
I don't think there's any meta variation; the process of going digital is imperfect and smoothes out the mental extremes. If it's really important, you could always ask for Impaired Attribute, or take Exceptional Entity.
>>
>>47228896
I like the human-AI relations idea, I could totally see her becoming some sort of rights activist through her performance career, if that happens.
But yeah, the two worst ends for her would either turning into a jaded, manipulative monster or slowly losing herself as she's scared and confused.
>Where people respawn
That would be a fucking top tier example of the "Real World Naivete" quality all AIs get.
>Wow Street Sammy Sam! You've got over a hundred eliminations and you haven't even died once yet! You're really good at this!

I would imagine she "got into the business" when her former owner used her during a few runs, or just brought her along on some because she was interested. Combined with all the action trids and anime he'd have exposed her too, shadowrunning would just be an exciting normal part of life in her eyes, at the beginning.
>>
>>47228882
Would you not?
>>
>>47228882

I'd play the shit out of that.

Like whole party works out of the local zoo. Break out every evening to do our runs, and nobody expects the monekys.
>>
>>47229180
>and nobody expects the monekys.
DON'T CALL THEM MONKEYS!
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lyJMmSMwME4
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=olEbL9JWOI4
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vdnVCHefNuE
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xclzUDeziAY
What I wouldn't give to have drones based on the House Robots. Also the Rigger is Orc Craig Charles.
>>
Hey /tg/, just a quick question.

Ive been contracted to run a LARP for a few clubs at my university and ive chosen shadowrun due to the fact it touches on both sci-fi and fantasy as well as the fact people don't need to travel to bumfuck nowhere to play it since its an urban setting by nature.

Any ya'll got any ideas you think would be cool to implement into a shadowrun LARP?

Pic related,from a promotional photoshoot for the LARP.
>>
>>47229182

Worry not, dear friend, it is merely to throw off the scent of the inferior, Sub-ape "humans"

Eventually we shall reign supreme
>>
>>47229197

If you could get a projector, that would help you a lot. Multiple, mounted ones as well.

Honestly, it would be really difficult to pull off, in my opinion, because of how technical shadowrun could be, but good luck, omae
>>
>>47229257

Yeah we're pretty limited by that but in a sense thats not -terrible- as the LARP is aimed at newbies and poor uni students. Plus we got the computer club onboard so we'll have some fancy tech set up around the hub.

Why a projector though?
>>
>>47229270

A projector can present simulated holographics. Have wall(s) come to life for the setting.

Imagine a giant wall working as a skype screen as the group gets a job from a VIP. A club could be running advertisements for whatever corp is sponsoring them that night.

That, and trid projectors ARE a thing

It just offers a lot of opportunities to use tech to simulate something tech would actually be used for in the setting
>>
>>47229302

Thats pretty good, im pretty sure the computer club has a few so ill look into it. Thanks buddy.
>>
>>47229302
If you want projectors to simulate AR, you have to be careful to place them in ways that really minimize obstructions (Which would create giant, suspension-of-disbelief crushing shadows).
>>
>>47229351

You know we got literal VR for that now though, right?

Or do you mean in the terms of AR as the matrix?
>>
>>47229373
There's a distinct difference between AR and VR.
AR is an overlay onto reality (Google glass and similar HUDs are examples that currently exist), VR is generally isolated from reality, and in Shadowrun, completely cuts you off from the physical world by intercepting your nervous system to send you into a digital world.
>>
>>47229404

Ahh sorry, i see what you mean. My apologies.
>>
>>47225904
>so edgy
>>
File: image.jpg (110KB, 780x689px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
110KB, 780x689px
Whoa damn, I've been messing around in chummer and noticed with my adept's agility if I gave her skimmers her walking speed jumps up to over 60mph. Running speed was about 125mph, that's crazy.
>>
>>47230071
Gotta go fast or Lone Star will bust your sorry ass, mah trogga!
>>
>>47230071
Yeah, someone's pulling that shit in my game. The party sammy runs faster than my rigger's van.
>>
>>47230071
As a GM, I absolutely give no fucks if someone decides to minmax for SPEED.
I understand the desire for fasts deeply and in my soul, and seeing a player desire them is something I wholeheartedly accept.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6LtXVjOmvDY
>>
File: Hatsune Miku.jpg (49KB, 500x283px) Image search: [Google]
Hatsune Miku.jpg
49KB, 500x283px
>>47228050
It's pretty good. The only thing I'd change is not to invest solely in a single Flying Eye, because a stiff breeze could junk one of those things. Cut the autosoft ratings and get a backup or convince your friends to buy you a new home.
>>
File: 1437179981933.jpg (176KB, 696x1148px) Image search: [Google]
1437179981933.jpg
176KB, 696x1148px
So for AI, could they use softs other than drone autosofts?

Activesofts are obviously out (though autosofts fill the same niche), but knowsofts and linguasofts are just data. Even if you need a modified skilljack dongle to convert the chips to commlink-friendly code instead of converting it to brainwaves, it seems like there's nothing really stopping them from being compatible.

I'd like to see an AI addicted to moodchips or dreamchips, dearly wanting to be where the people are and see things as they see them. They want to have the illogical, chemical-driven experiences that metahumans have, ready to know what the people know, wanting to be part of their world.
>>
>>47231384
>So for AI, could they use softs other than drone autosofts?

No. But guess what, it's your lucky day, ya virtual punk! As of Rigger 5.0, knowsofts and linguasofts have a "Drones Only" autosoft version. (Page 127 under Skillset)

For moodchips and other crap though, you'd need a actual meat brains for those to have an effect.
>>
File: Dream Art.jpg (107KB, 605x458px) Image search: [Google]
Dream Art.jpg
107KB, 605x458px
>>47231427
Hmm. Thanks for the practical info.

Though now I need to invest in the Software skill, buy a bunch of drone personalities, and pull them apart and recombine them until I come up with the computer version of a tripchip.
>>
File: don't do it.gif (3MB, 286x258px) Image search: [Google]
don't do it.gif
3MB, 286x258px
>>47229944
>>
>>47228896
>running an entire orphanage or shelter
Ms. Miku's Home For Wayward Metahumans?
I smell a tasty street-level fixer idea. She would be in a unique position to teach kids hacking skills, give her enough time and that place will turn into Jackpoint Jr.
>>
File: 1438739375444.jpg (469KB, 2560x1600px) Image search: [Google]
1438739375444.jpg
469KB, 2560x1600px
>>47231553
I wonder if it would be an Animorphs situation, where taste would be the most amazing thing.

Most drones and vehicles are rigged up with visual, sound and touch, so any AI is going to experience those. However, there's no computer equivalent for smell and taste- if any drone has olfactory sensors, it's for technical analysis of samples. Giving them the holistic feeling of crunching into a big juicy cheeseburger, of actually tasting all the flavours and not breaking it down to analyse the molecular composition, would be transcendent.
>>
>>47232425
>Animorphs situation
>AI with Addiction (Severe, Cinnabon BTL's)

I never knew I wanted this.
>>
>>47231732
You could make the home appear to be a turnkey orphanage, with an emphasis on prepping kids with valuable technical skills. Corps would eat that shit up, possibly giving grants for tech education to make themselves look good and try to get their hands on the talented ones. The young kids can do local jobs repairing hardware and doing tech support in the community, and the older and more advanced kids get groomed by the AI for shadow work. She could take them on group matrix field trips like the goddamn Magic School Bus taking chances, making mistakes, getting messy. God help the security spider that gets in the way of Ms. Miku and her class of 28 ruthless decker children.
>>
>>47232465
Speaking of Animorphs, Could you make a Drone body for an AI that approximated a Hok-Bajir?
>>
>>47232609
>Hok-Bajir?
for those of you who haven't read the books, the Hork Bajiir can be best describe as a 8 foot tall walking blender.
>>
>>47230225
You sure about that? An AI in a robogirl drone can go faster that most unmodded aircrafts.
>>
File: 4dyiU.jpg (74KB, 750x900px) Image search: [Google]
4dyiU.jpg
74KB, 750x900px
>>47232609

Sure. That's just an anthrodrone with spurs or hand blades in each limb. Definitely throw Raptor Legs on the drone legs. Add an extra drone arm to represent the tail. Slap some Realistic Features on it to make it look like a real, live alien.

Boom. Hork-Bajir.
>>
>>47232657
Noice.
>>
How did your first several runs as a GM go and how much predesigned stuff did you use for them? I'm trying to launch a 5e game but fleshing out all the details beforehand gets a bit tiring. But I can't simply skip preparation lest I risk not providing quality content for the players. There's always Stuffer Shack but it's kinda meh imo.
>>
>>47232542
A static, unmoving hacker's base is really a bad idea. All it'd take is one successful Trace Icon when one of the kids mess up, and it's going to get rough.

GOD has the authority to come and 're-educate' Matrix users behaving erratically. With means going up to "Jet fighter-bomber dropping fuel air bomb on decker's position. Because fuck you, that's why!"

The party van and field trips hacking anything in sight while moving, though, now there's a better idea.
>>
>>47232830
Having all the decks hardwired to run Sneak would also be a good idea. Especially if part of the day's events involve getting into low ratings hosts.
>>
File: Hork-Bajir.png (920KB, 639x888px) Image search: [Google]
Hork-Bajir.png
920KB, 639x888px
>>47232609
>>47232657
>Drone speed is never based on limb Agility, so there is usually little point to upgrading this and, as per drone arms, cyberlimb armor placed on a drone doesn’t affect the drone in any way. Drone legs do not add extra boxes to the drone’s Physical condition monitor.

Raptor Legs would just be for style, they wouldn't actually help the drone move faster.

But let's say we start with a Duelist (4 Mod Points, 4,500 nuyen).
>Remove regular legs, add 2 Obvious Full Legs with Digigrade upgrade with Raptor Feet [(15000*2)/2+5000+8000]=28,000 This is buying both legs, then factoring in the drone half-cost, and assuming that you buy digigrade legs and feet in pairs
>This uses [8] capacity in the legs. It's debatable whether these mods would use the leg capacity, or the drone's mod points. If you could add spurs that take up leg capacity (or add arms that would use their capacity for weapons), you could go nuts, but I don't think that's RAI
>replace the current sword-hands with mini-weapon mounts (which mount reach-0 melee weapons), add Climbing Claws (CF86) for 2000 nuyen and 1 mod point
>Add 2 more mini-weapon mounts for spur sets (elbows and knees for preference) for 10,000 and 2 MP
>Add one more mini-weapon mount to the head, put in a Junkyard Jaw styled as a beak, for 2000 and the last MP
>Let's say we go with Rating 2 Realistic features Customization might be better, but it's entirely GM discretion how much that costs, and neither uses MP (bodyxbody)x500, or (4x4)x500=16,000 nuyen

So in total, we have something that looks more or less like a Hork-Bajir, has raptor feet and climbing claws (though unless you get some custom Climbing autosoft, it's just for show and you won't be scarpering up any redwoods anytime soon), has two additional spur sets and a beak for functional combat, and presumably in the Realistic Features you can add non-functional headbarbs, for a grand price tag of ¥62,500.
>>
>>47233120
I think that>>47232657 was misnaming Raptor Feet as Raptor Legs. On the other hand, if they meant Digigrade Legs, then it's not for the speed, it's for the stealth and lack of penalties from the Raptor Feet.
>>
>>47233120
Oh, forgot to factor in the tail.

If you replace one of the sets of spurs, you can use the mod point and add 500 to the final cost for a primitive arm (though it's debatable if you need to go that far, I don't remember them using their tails for much, you might just buy some cosmetic upgrade).
>>
Should I ever get to play Burnt Techno, I need to ask the GM how Skinlink is going to work, especially if I mod most of the cyberlimbs to have Telescoping 2 (and Str 1 when fully extended).

Also, I find it funny that Raptor Feet on Digigrade Legs are basically equal to Spurs except for two circumstances. One, you can license the Feet. Two, Spurs stop being equal and start being better against unarmored targets.
>>
>>47233173
I figured they just said it because Hork-Bajir have digigrade legs and raptor feet. I just wanted to point out that it's purely cosmetic, though arguably the Stealth group bonus and the Raptor feet penalty removal apply.

Also, I don't know if I needed to buy new cyberlegs for the Digigrade; they exist only as an upgrade to limbs and not independent things you can buy, but maybe you can go straight from the drone's legs to digigrade?

It's nice that you tried, CGL, but modding is still largely based on GM interpretation.
>>
>>47233328
They get a silvur star. Although if you do have to replace it, then you'd want, no, need, the Enhanced Str and Custom Str to really make those limbs sing.
>>
>>47233395
Yeah, I guess; looking at the rules for arms, it says that tests using that arm alone use it's Agility rather than the drone's Agility, so Strength probably follows the same path. You can double the base attribute of the drone in a limb, but drones have no base strength, so who knows how high it can get. Maybe 8 (Bodyx2)?

Side note, you're not going to use all the spurs I kitted the drone out with unless the GM is really strict about implant weapon breakage and you fight a bunch of Sangre y Acero specialists, so if you can accept having merely cosmetic leg-spurs then you can use the Mod Point for Gecko Grip, so it can at least climb anything, though it will do so poorly.
>>
>>47233519
Alternatively, if you're going after a nickname like "Arm-chopper" you may have the drone you want, even if you won't be using all those spiky bits.
>>
>>47233598
It all depends on whether the drone is supposed to function like a Hork-Bajir, or just look like one.
>>
>>47231384

If she's into distraction and loud music, she should install that projector on a noizquito for maximum effect.
>>
>>47225660
>He wants to be a weak fleshbag and resents anyone superior to him
>files/laughter.mocking.wav
>>
>>47233642
Well I imagine a drone that climbs trees and eats bark all the time would be less than fun.
>>
File: e47a91d.jpg (70KB, 880x800px) Image search: [Google]
e47a91d.jpg
70KB, 880x800px
>>47233877
>weak fleshbag
>adept
>>
>>47233920
At ;least it's better than a drone who requires Oxygen to function.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CFBVkXir2qs
>>
>>47219549
kek
>>
>>47234686
>Not adding augmentations on top of being an adept
>>
>>47225660
>Ubermensch
>Not being pumped full of genetic modification and drugs
Der Nazis would like a word with you.
>>
>>47235183
SEKAI ICHI!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sa1zLRI8ZnQ
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3ihIJ1UZAVk
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Guuqa-n0xYw
I'm not sure what bits of Stroheim are viable for a Jarborg, but I'm pretty sure it's all of them.
>>
>>47230071
>skimmers
what are those and where on chummer are they.
I need this please.
>>
So what are some good insults for people with an elf fetish.

We already have a lot of lewd elf stuff out there, and in shadowrun I can only imagine that area of porn has only exploded with new content. Much to the dismay of a young elf girl in magic college making a dating profile.

So what does a elf say to some sleazy scumbag who asks if he can buy her ears a drink?
>>
>>47235255
Chrome Flesh pg. 88.
>>
File: jetboot.jpg (22KB, 537x392px) Image search: [Google]
jetboot.jpg
22KB, 537x392px
>>47235255
>>47235610
As for what they are, they're essentially hoverjets for your feet. When you need maximum gofast, accept no substitutes.
>>
>>47235610
>>47235755
>Rush the Jamaican rude boy delivery runner finally lives
thank you. its finally over
>>
>>47235560
Given that Keebler is an in universe slur for elves, my guess would be something like Cookie Monster/Eater/what have you.

I was going to say salad boy/girl, but now that I think about it, that's probably a term for an ork (or poser of the same) with an elf fetish.

Chew toy? It could come from an ork slur on elves (Squeaky).
>>
>>47235560
No, thank you. I'm really uncomfortable about being fetishized for my race when it comes to relationships.
>>
File: emily_by_sarinth-d83e4fj.png (180KB, 1024x516px) Image search: [Google]
emily_by_sarinth-d83e4fj.png
180KB, 1024x516px
>>47235560

An actual elf is just going to call them a pig or a dick or a motherfucker or whatever.

Mostly because the terms you're talking about also tend to be at least as insulting to the target of the affection as well. Just look at "Chubby-chaser," "jungle fever," etc.

Those kind of race fetish terms are more often used in other contexts. For example, when your bros notice you have a type and start ribbing you on having "yellow fever."

As far as those terms do go, here are a few ideas:
>Knife-nibbler
>Fae-fucker
>Keeb fever
>Aragorn (as in, "he's a total Aragorn")
>>
>>47236270
>keeb fever

Forest fever would probably work better. Elves probably don't refer to themselves as keebs
>>
>>47235560
Sorry, I only date black spruces and redwoods.
>>
>>47236307
The point anon was making is that an elf wouldn't use any of those, just like a black person wouldn't call someone a nigger lover.
>>
File: Vi.png (3MB, 1919x1079px) Image search: [Google]
Vi.png
3MB, 1919x1079px
>>47235560
Go find a prostitute, scumfuck. I hope she gives you VITAS.
>>
>>47236315
What, no love for a birch?
>>
>>47236401
I tried to date a birch back in college, but all he ever wanted was ash.
>>
>>47221133
Going back to the Troll Muscle Wiz, I'm wondering if the swing of a rank or two of Attribute Boost (Bod) wouldn't give enough room for other powers to be worth switching IA (Bod) out for it.

Also, did a little number work in Chummer, and while a Power Focus (2) and Qi Focus (4, Adept Spell) isn't the best starting out, it is doable on a low-ish nuyen budget.

The upside is that you can then theme a bit, having the AoE and single target spells after a few runs. So you can be Arthur Brown, God of Hellfire.

Who will bring you all the fire.
>>
File: 126e9b6c621d8acb2c1eee5e07ee12ec.jpg (285KB, 900x1200px) Image search: [Google]
126e9b6c621d8acb2c1eee5e07ee12ec.jpg
285KB, 900x1200px
>>47236807

Since Drain dice are the only thing we really wanted from Improved Attribute, Attribute Boost would get the job done. It does require a Simple Action, though, so it'll force him to cast recklessly on the first turn. Depends on if you value PP efficiency or action efficiency.

Also, it's important to note that the Power Focus might not even let him cast higher-force spells. The wording is a little vague (thanks, CGL!) and could imply that the effective Magic boost is only for dice pools, not for the purposes of determining maximum spell Force.
>>
File: Best Strategy.jpg (22KB, 407x405px) Image search: [Google]
Best Strategy.jpg
22KB, 407x405px
My, the janitors are keeping a close eye on /srg/
>>
>>47232641
I both don't believe you AND want to see that.
>>
>>47237054

We have loliposter and (You)-guy to thank for that. /srg/ has been receiving quite a bit of cleanup lately.

>>47237113

I would not be surprised if he's right. Highest unmodified aircraft speed is 7, so you only need 4 extra speed on a fast anthrodrone to beat it. And because the core book Speed rules are silly, it ends up faster.
>>
>>47237113
Saeder-Krupp secretary drone has 4G Speed, which is already nice for a ground vehicle. Give it the free 0MP upgrade and it's 5. Strip 2 Body and go all in, and its Speed becomes 8G. Now stack AI's optimization on top and it's 9G, same as the fastest car in the game before you give the latter a speed mod.

And then you give the drone skimmers to double its movement speed, and the only things that can keep up with it are rotor crafts with 6R+ speed and jets with 5J+. The full list is I think 5 vehicles, the most affordable being a 12F Ares Venture.
>>
>>47237021
Yeah. That's definitely a thing that's up to GM judgment call. Now, if the Power Focus is a no-go, then perhaps try Ice Storm (fetish limited) and laugh as your foes struggle to get back up.

Although, given that it's a free simple action you could also use another boost (Agi if you've got Agile Defender, Reaction if you've got to get every last boost to it you can, Str if you are going to beat feet soon after), activate Elemental Strike if the style gains or chosen element are worth it, or mix in a more mundane attack because you're a Troll Adept and likely have more Str than two non-Sammy team members combined do.
>>
>>47237264
Is not a sarcastic (You) a decent response to shitposters?
>>
>>47237345
Shitposters yes, but one guy responds to all tripfags with (you) and all it does is clog up the thread. Especially since some of our tripfags are actually useful.
>>
>>47237290
Well, that's super cool and also extremely dangerous.
I'm all for it.
>>
>>47237397
Ah. The janitor who just swept through took out a memepost and a (You), thought you were referring to that.
>>
Which fits the idea of an EX-KE corpborn who was on fast track to HTR, then had the epiphany that these guys he'd been training to shootup were making a lot more money then he was, Full Corporate SIN, or limited corp sin?
>>
>>47237473
If the person was corpborn, it's almost certainly a Full Corporate SIN.
>>
File: 1351371804466.jpg (45KB, 376x470px) Image search: [Google]
1351371804466.jpg
45KB, 376x470px
Has anyone tried the Alt.War rules for combat?
http://tgdmb.com/viewtopic.php?t=51934&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=175
I really like the LOOK of the armour and weapon strength rules but I don't know how it goes in play.
The damage system looks a lot faster than base 4e but I don't know if it's too deadly.
>>
File: 1463110076561.jpg (1MB, 1440x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1463110076561.jpg
1MB, 1440x1080px
>>47219304
I want to play as a physical adept decker, could this be cool or would it just piss off the min-max powergaming aassholes in a group who think that a decker solely exists to hack shit because it's not 'optimal'?
>>
File: Troll Decker.jpg (447KB, 870x1243px) Image search: [Google]
Troll Decker.jpg
447KB, 870x1243px
>>47237770
Exceptional Attribute: Logic (7) + Hacking 6 (6) + Cerebral Enhancers 2 (2) + Codeslinger: Hack on the Fly (2) + Improved Ability 3: Hacking (3) + Hot Sim (2) = 22 Dice. Agent 4 on your deck running Teamwork tests get you 24 dice just buying hits, and specializations get you 26. Get an Agent 6 from someone in the game, and you're up to 26/28 Dice.

Trode deckers are minmaxing.
>>
>>47237770
It can be pretty min-maxed.

But it doesn't have to be and if you take the right way, then you can shout away Noise. (effectively.)
>>
File: Dwarf Rigger.jpg (75KB, 438x1128px) Image search: [Google]
Dwarf Rigger.jpg
75KB, 438x1128px
>>47237812
I should mention, Hotsim is totally optional. Adept Deckers can do as well in AR as most deckers do in VR, and you don't suffer any biofeedback, AND you do your decking while also taking care of other stuff.

It's plenty optimal.
>>
Who owns H&K, Ares? If i take brand loyalty for ares guns, which ones are affected?
>>
So, thread, how would you go about making a place as Spencer Mansion as possible for a run?

Assume that the group will get extra pay for not breaking the dreck out of things because somebody actually wants the place, they just also want the bio-engineered monstrosities dead, and a listing of how to get past the more ridiculous traps.
>>
>>47237541
Ok so i took full copr sin. it mentions i pay 10% income in taxes? Does that apply to shaodwrun jobs, given im not actually using my old corp identity to make those runs? is the 10% just added to lifestyle cost? how does this work.
>>
File: 1461924720190.pdf (1B, 486x500px)
1461924720190.pdf
1B, 486x500px
>>
>>47238385
It depends on if the GM says that the corp's tax scheme is voluntary or prescriptive.

If it's voluntary, then when you do any legal business with your corp SIN, at the end of the year you'll have to pay based on that percent, possibly less whatever the GM says you were able to discount as desirable discounts.

If it's prescriptive then either based on your (legal based on SIN use) spending or the job of record on your SIN, you have to pay that amount to the corp. And if you get caught doing stuff, depending on how illegal it is, you may not just be jailed, but also have stuff sold off or be tested on to pay off the 'owed back taxes' that the corp hasn't gotten.
>>
>>47238453
So what happens in either case if i literally just, you know, pretend my old life is dead and never touch that sin?
>>
>>47238534
As long as you don't get found out and have a Fake SIN (get it at four), it only means that you have to be more careful about bio-surveillance.

Because they're going to have you on record for a bit after death, which includes your biological data. So if you leave blood, then they've got a good lead and lots of past data on you.

The corp that did the discovering might come to you with a shady deal for info, or they might sell the info that you were alive and doing something illegal in their lands to your mother-corp for ... something.

And then the mother-corp probably is going to come after you a bit more than normal.
>>
>>47238348
SK, I think.
>>
>>47238583
Aha, well i did indeed buy a fake sin at 4 (wtih licenses for all my old HTR 'ware and guns). AS mentioned, the basic idea is "Ares corpkid gets super roped into the OOHRAH ideology, gets scouted for KE/HTR, then realizes that this whole 'taking orders' thing is kinda bullshit and freelancing sounds a lot better'. I'm still working on details there.
>>
>>47238583
And correcting my own errors, because I forgot you said full corp and not corp-limited. Only your mother corp has the full bio-information on you.

Which is a good reason to not go near the mother corp or any place they might be doing surveillance. Because they might be very, very interested in where you were. What you were doing.

How they might be able to make money off it by selling some of your bio-data to corps you might have hit recently.

Or just bringing you in and making sure that you didn't really leave because you found something out that you really shouldn't have.
>>
>>47238348
Brand should affect the brand, and not the legal relations between holders and subsidiaries, shouldn't it?
>>
>>47235948
>I was going to say salad boy/girl
Salad tosser.
>>
>>47238883
I'm fairly sure that there's a dozen salad and flower related terms to be bandied about.
>>
>>47235948

Dandelion sniffer?
>>
>>47238754
brands are owned directly by legal entities which (in this game) happen to possess extra-territorial status.

if the corp want's to outlaw competing products from their territories, they most certainly are capable of that.

so yes, the Azzies might actually arrest you for sporting that glock [example].
>>
>>47239015
>>47239015
>so yes, the Azzies might actually arrest you for sporting that glock [example].
Nah, they'd ask you to leave or hand it over in exchange for the new Aztechnology Light Pistol and a coupon for 10% off your next purchase of Aztechnology Cased Ammo
>>
>>47239015
The upshot to that is that unless la policia are shaking you down for a bribe or charging you to the level of jaywalking and loitering with intent, that's the kinda thing that probably makes all but the most willfully media blind's datafeeds.
>>
File: Tenochtitlan.jpg (727KB, 3174x1062px) Image search: [Google]
Tenochtitlan.jpg
727KB, 3174x1062px
>>47239015
The Azzies tried that, remember? It led to Operation Reciprocity,

The accords signed with the Corporate Court more or less mean that the megas don't take direct action against each other in such an obvious manner. Rather than banning the competition, it's far less trouble, and far more effective, to let social pressure shame you into chucking your Glock in the Rio Grande and getting yourself a nice Armamentos Murreta Bandito.
>>
This is going to be either the greatest or the worst Shadowrun game I've ever played.

The group:

- Two orc bros with a combined Logic of 3, nicknamed "Beavis and Butthead". An exasperated Johnson called them that once and it stuck - it's just that neither can remember which one is which, so they kinda swap every other run. One is a shaman, the other - cyberjuicer muscle. First thing they try on anything Matrix related is putting in "boobs" and chuckling. The only exception was data trawler with female icon which they promised "to input their query, huehuehuehue"

- Candy Storrre (with three 'r') - an airheaded bombshell bimbo adept face. Chews 'pink-flavoured betel' all the time. Strides confidently into battle on high heels. If there's someone close enough to slap, she'll do it, but she prefers dual wielding Ingrams, because 'it's, like, sexier'. She only uses 'sexy' guns, and always two, 'cause one is not enough sexy'. Her low pools make her pose as much danger to the team as to the enemy. It'd be worse, if it wasn't for the last member of the party that taught her how to use tracers and bought her huge AR shades so she could actually use her smartlinks.

- Softball, the lardass decker. Character probably created for a slightly more serious game. Started decking in olden times of wired matrix, then sold out his team and lived his life in comparable luxury. Getting old and seeing corps grow more and more powerful gave him a serious case of regrets, so he decided to join a bunch of kiddos and teach them how to 'run. His skills are horribly outdated, so he's hoping to get by using skillwires, drugs and money. Tries to behave kinda like Thief from 8-Bit Theater, but his scheming and planning generally ends up with him sobbing over the degeneration of metahumanity. After two games he just tries to focus on erasing evidence from the Matrix and hope for the best.

And me, the GM.

I feel like I'm in for a treat, guys.
>>
>>47239216
May you have Chica stories of your own, omae.
>>
>>47239216
God speed GM, may you run a fun Pink Mohawk campaign or die trying!
>>
>>47239216
Honestly this sounds hysterical.
>>
Would a coffin hotel count as a low lifestyle or possibly squatter?
>>
>>47239381
Squatter.
>>
>>47239381
>Life stinks for the squatter, and most of the time so does the character... Or maybe she just rents a coffin-sized sleep tank by the night.

If you can't sit up while in bed, it's Squatter.
>>
>>47239381
I'd say low, if the hotel has amenities like showers and a common area.
>>47239216
>tfw your players are too serious to ever consider something that silly
>>
>>47239381
Coffin hotels are somehow more expensive than squatter, if the 70 nuyen a night thing is to be believed.
>>
>>47239756
extended stay coffin hotels?
>>
>>47239821
Thats between you and your GM as far as I can tell.
>>
>>47239821
>>47239854
I'd put a squatter lifestyle as just the tank. If you pay the 50 for a coffin motel, you have the tank, a 'shower', and a 'room.'
>>
>>47239756
70 nuyen per night for this;
>Comforts & Necessities: 2
>Security: 2
>Neighborhood: 2

Squatter CoMos are this;
>Comforts & Necessities: 1
>Security: 1
>Neighborhood: 1
>>
>>47238391
I'm reading this. And afraid I'm going to pull something with how much I'm smiling.
>>
>>47239216
I have to know what The shaman's totem is.
>>
>>47219304
Dermal_Dongs.sim

Do I want to know?
>>
Keep posting catgirls.

I love it and it is the best thing and you make everyone at CGL happy when you do it.
>>
File: Catgirl.jpg (364KB, 900x1125px) Image search: [Google]
Catgirl.jpg
364KB, 900x1125px
>>47241234
I thought CGL was scared of us, and you were the only one who would go near the big bad 4chans?
>>
>>47241269
IIRC, Mac just said that the others weren't willing to post here, lest a Flood of HATE be unleashed.

I exaggerate, of course.
>>
>>47241269
Reverse psychology, I was hoping.
>>
File: Cat Rigger.jpg (3MB, 3508x2480px) Image search: [Google]
Cat Rigger.jpg
3MB, 3508x2480px
>>47241292
Well then let me try some straight psychology- Get an official ruling on>>47233328
>Also, I don't know if I needed to buy new cyberlegs for the Digigrade; they exist only as an upgrade to limbs and not independent things you can buy, but maybe you can go straight from the drone's legs to digigrade?

and
>>47233120
>It's debatable whether these mods would use the leg capacity, or the drone's mod points. If you could add spurs that take up leg capacity (or add arms that would use their capacity for weapons), you could go nuts, but I don't think that's RAI

And the catgirls will continue to flow.
>>
>>47241345
thats a cat techo, not a rigger
>>
>>47241429
Technos can be riggers. It just takes a while to get going, or a permissive houserule.
>>
>>47241345
So you're...asking if you're allowed to put digigrade legs on a drone, or? I'm sorry, I'm not understanding the question.
>>
>>47241459
It was for an anthro-drone if that helps, and this >>47241345 is who I'm thinking it is.

But yes. Putting digigrade legs onto an anthro-drone. Does it involve buying whole new legs or just somehow patching them in.
>>
File: An Anthrodrone and his Cyberdog.jpg (49KB, 564x730px) Image search: [Google]
An Anthrodrone and his Cyberdog.jpg
49KB, 564x730px
>>47241459
1) If you want to add digigrade legs to a drone, can you just pay the 5000 nuyen for the upgrade (which says it needs to be attached to cyberlegs) or do you need to buy a pair of legs, then buy digigrade on top of that?

2) If you install a cyberlimb on a drone, can you use that limb's capacity? Does the capacity only apply to adding Customization and Enhancements to the stats, or can you add whatever fits into the capacity, including implanted weapons (and does that need drone weapon mounts)?
>>
>>47241503
I don't know the answer to this question so I asked two other freelancers.

Freelancer #1, who doesn't want to be identified because all he knows about 4chan is that one Deadpool quote.
>Don't answer it, this shouldn't have an official ruling, it's what house rules are for.

Jeff Halket:
>oh so they want to take the things from Chrome Flesh and apply them to Rigger 5.0.
>huh. I suppose we should have seen this coming. :-P
>well I'd rule it like this. the drone simply pays the cost of the leg upgrade, and it replaces the legs. as for capacity, just use the new capacity of the digigrade legs (which I think is the same as the capacity for a normal cybernetic leg?)
>>
File: 1327690201060.jpg (247KB, 1024x1390px) Image search: [Google]
1327690201060.jpg
247KB, 1024x1390px
>>47241569
Thanks. Tell the scared guy that he should be scared, bringing that Rule 0 spineless bullshit. What's the point of having a modicum of authority if you don't abuse it to the hilt?
>>
>>47241520
Further response:
>1) technically, the digigrade legs aren't for drones. so by the strict reading of the rules, they aren't compatible. but honestly, that's some forward-thinking we should have done. so I'd allow them. just pay the 5000¥ and be done with it.
>2) if you are replacing an existing system (like a locomotive leg system) with another one, it doesn't change the capacity of the drone at all. drones don't have a lot of capacity. sorry. :-P
>>
>>47241569
Not sure why that guy is surprised we're mixing splats. The question can just as easily be applied to hydraulic jacks from the core.
>>
>>47241645
See, this kind of thing is why I'm the only one that comes to these threads.
>>
File: 1327690201061.jpg (639KB, 600x893px) Image search: [Google]
1327690201061.jpg
639KB, 600x893px
>>47241674
Yeah, because the other forums are so pleasant and polite. Though it is a bit disappointing that we're going to have to wait for you to have a breakdown before we get to see a writer go off rails without leaving the chan.

>>47241651
I figured it would be frowned upon to bolt on some cyberarms and get big implanted shotguns for your Little Buddy.
>>
>>47241234
Can do!

>>47241292
Wait. Are you saying you don't want me to keep posting catgirls? Am I getting double-reversed here?

Also, it seems that >>47241645 may be taking up the catgirlposter mantle in my stead - be it for good or for ill.
>>
File: 1327690201062.jpg (11KB, 236x286px) Image search: [Google]
1327690201062.jpg
11KB, 236x286px
>>47241750
I have no shame. If cybercatgirls are what it takes to coax answers out of CGL, then I'll shovel DeviantArt all over this thread.
>>
>>47241809
Do you happen to have any catboys? Surprising enough a player wants to be a catboy adept and they are looking for some character art.
>>
File: 1327690201064.jpg (274KB, 800x1000px) Image search: [Google]
1327690201064.jpg
274KB, 800x1000px
>>47241829
His choices are twink or furfag.
>>
>>47241873
Twink please and thank you.
>>
File: 1327690201066.jpg (24KB, 321x551px) Image search: [Google]
1327690201066.jpg
24KB, 321x551px
>>47241895
If he wants to be a anime cliche.
>>
>>47241873
Is that twink? Is there less 'magical realm' scifi twink art? (cat or not)
>>
File: 1327690201065.png (149KB, 500x655px) Image search: [Google]
1327690201065.png
149KB, 500x655px
>>47241947
>>47241895
And if he wants to be a emo anime cliche.
>>
>>47241947
>>47241970
I'll pass these right along, thanks Chummer!
>>
>>47242023
A bit late, but this is if he wants to take a joke and RUN with it.
>>
>>47242023

I'm the other catposter, and I just found this.

Yeah. Not sure I can say anything else to describe it.
>>
File: khill_by_omupied-d4gj9la.jpg (67KB, 600x686px) Image search: [Google]
khill_by_omupied-d4gj9la.jpg
67KB, 600x686px
>>47242023

Also I had this in my catgirl folder despite it actually being a super androgynous male.
>>
File: gen_samurai.jpg (77KB, 567x602px) Image search: [Google]
gen_samurai.jpg
77KB, 567x602px
>>47241829
He should play a street samurai instead.
>>
File: 1459983817736.jpg (807KB, 600x1000px) Image search: [Google]
1459983817736.jpg
807KB, 600x1000px
>>47241960
Will this do?
>>
>>47242170
Thank you, anon. I'd all but given up on finding something appropriate.
>>
>>47242047
>>47241970
>>47241947
>>47242087
>>47242115
"All these guys are WAY too faggy for my gay catboy"
Whelp, they didn't really care for any of them, thanks anyway
>>
File: TwoDee.jpg (101KB, 763x1046px) Image search: [Google]
TwoDee.jpg
101KB, 763x1046px
>>47242170
I don't have much- the guys are either ripped, or so cybered that they don't look like real twinks anymore.

>>47242251
Tell him to go ask a drawfag. If you're going to play a fag archetype, don't be surprised when you can only find fag art. And tell him to be glad I didn't post any of catboys getting railed, because that's more common than simple headshots.
>>
>>47237770
What japanese scrollwork is this?
>>
hey /srg/, my group is considering picking up shadowrun for the first time over the summer. We're going with 5th edition, but looking over the mega link, there are a LOT of pdfs. So I'm wondering if there are any essential/starting points to read up on before anything else?
>>
File: nyooooo.jpg (365KB, 700x920px) Image search: [Google]
nyooooo.jpg
365KB, 700x920px
>>47242251
what the fuck does he waaaaant
>>
>>47243544
Core. Three times.
Then Run and Gun, Chrome Flesh, and maybe Run Faster?
>>
>>47243544
Start everyone with this;
http://www.shadowruntabletop.com/missions/background/

These are for the GM;
http://www.savevsdm.com/pdf/SR4-101Scenarios.pdf

The PDFs you'll use are core (this is enough to start, but if you want more ...), Run & Gun (mostly for gear), Street Grimoire (for the magic PCs), Chrome Flesh (for the augmented PCs), Data Trails (for the deckers), Rigger 5.0 (for the riggers), and maybe Run Faster. (for the snowflakes)

When you're ready, allow Gun H(e)aven 3, Hard Targets, Shadow Spells, Assassin's Primer, etc. (you won't be ready straight away)
>>
>>47243544
Core Rulebook is enough.

Run Faster adds more race variations and lets you make a loli catgirl.
Run and Gun has many combat rules and some really broken armor.
Chrome Flesh has lots and lots of 'ware.
Data Trails adds some toys for the decker.
Street Grimoire has some magic stuff, but I never got around to reading it.
Rigger 5.0 has cars and drones, and lets you upgrade both.
Hard Targets has some things on assasinations and kidnappings and is really confusing to read.
>>
>>47243675
Oh, and don't be afraid to nix stuff like environmental modifiers, noise, and background counts until everyone knows their shit.
>>
>>47243626
>>47243675
>>47243691
>>47243725
Exactly what I was looking for, thanks. I won't be GMing (at least not at first), but I'm definitely passing this information on.
>>
>>47243761
Do you know if the GM wants to run a game in Seattle, or has ambitions on anywhere else?

4e & 3e have a lot of setting books, and it's not hard to swing between editions.

Also;
http://shadowrun.wikia.com/wiki/Shadowrun_timeline
>>
>>47243815
Not yet- we are all starting with little-to-no knowledge of the game yet. I MIGHT be the most knowledgeable of us all right now, but that's only because I've read shadowrun storytime and played the PC games. That is to say, I still know almost jack shit about how to actually play.
>>
>>47243847
Then make sure to get the cheat sheets and specialty sheets. Print copies of the first as needed.
>>
Hey so I'm fiddling around with concepts for my first Shadowrun character and I think I've found a cool one, but I can't figure out how to make it work in the rules.

I want to be a dwarf engineer who's fully obsessed with making powerful inventions, and I thought it would be cool to forge magical weapons and stuff deep underground like the dwarves of Norse mythology, but focus rules seem really weird and not useful, from what I'm getting. I want to fuse magic and technology and create ridiculous superweapons and sell them on the black market, basically. How can I do that?
>>
>>47244195
You can create weapon foci, but they're only useful to other awakened, and only as melee weapons.
>>
>>47244252

New Thread.
>>
>>47244208
Could I make a vehicle a focus?
>>
>>47244266
Sure. It will be difficult AF to enchant unless you handwave it during chargen, stick out like dogs balls on the astral & can be destroyed like any other dual natured object, but you could create it.
>>
>>47244321
>>47244266
or just the bumper.
>>
>>47244321
yeah but I want superweapons worthy of the forge of a modern-day Nidavellir. Or just, like, a Bloodless from Wise Man's Fear but for bullets. Real Artificing.
>>
>>47244266
Yes, but don't expect to get far with a car's object resistance. It's already next to impossible to make a focus above Force 4.

>>47244356
A bumper would be easier, since it doesn't have complex electronics.
>>
>>47244356
>>47244368
Bumper? I was thinking more like a bipedal walker vehicle with runic fists. It seems like the first logical step from a control rig.
>>
>>47238391
Shit nigga im dying here.
>>
>>47244416
>mechas versus spirits
I want this, now.
>>
>>47244416
Magic doesn't work well with complex technology. Trying to build a focus into something won't end well for the former, and good luck trying to enchant a mecha.

Of course, you cannot build giant robots in the first place. But it might be possible to put a rigger cocoon into a Juggernaught.
>>
>>47244522
Well that's what I've been finding. I'm just not ready to give up on the concept.
Thread posts: 355
Thread images: 97

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.