[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Defeating a giant plant monster

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

File: Plant_monster_concept.png (138KB, 360x360px) Image search: [Google]
Plant_monster_concept.png
138KB, 360x360px
Hey guys, I'm planning on ending my current arc on a strong note and having a colossal plant monster be the final boss.

but i want it to be more than a damage sponge monster so i need to come up with weak points they can strike for massive damage... or something more logical like it has an opening after doing a breath attack.

do you guys have any experience with massive monsters? plant monsters? or basically how to make this guy a tough fight without just giving him more health?

as for attacks maybe those can use a tune up? you tell me.
- sweeping vine attack
- seed pods that create mini versions of it
- bite attack
- poison breath attack
>>
oh, additional info that may help

- the plant has been known to basically eat magic, when it comes into contact with magic it is absorbed and becomes stronger
- system is Anima Beyond Fantasy
>>
be back in 4 hours to answer any other questions
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (67KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
67KB, 1280x720px
>>47213954
the only way to beat it is to hit its small, bandaged weak spot, which it only leaves open after it runs its head into a wall

it does this because it cannot see
>>
>>47213954
Fucking burn it.
>>
I expect many people to say Fire, because that's the generic answer, but something few people understand is that green vegetation doesn't burn all that well. I mean you can still burn it, but it doesn't just go up like a torch. With that in mind i'm going to say ice, have them freeze it. Sudden cold snaps or a freeze kill plants all the time.
>>
Make him summon smaller plants.

Have minions hidden in the area (1 hp enemies). Have them look like normal plants but he can choose to "pollinate" them which brings them to life
>>
>>47213954
if you cut the main body from the roots it's an instant kill then you have to take out the roots or it grows back
>>
>>47213954
I once did a village covered in a massive viney forest made of a single very hostile plant. Cutting it all down wasn't really an option, so the players needed to kill their way into the basements/underground/catacombs to destroy roots.
>>
>>47214026
Living plants tend to burn worse than humans do.
>>
>Slashing attacks do an extra multiplier of damage on a critical, two extra multipliers if it's a critical on a weak spot.
>Fire magic is a no-no
>Toxic water, once absorbed, gives the plant the "slowed" debuff until after the battle.
>Lack of sunlight cuts its regeneration trait to one fourth.
>Salting the soil limits the area where the plant will willingly go under any circumstances. If it does pass over salted ground it is slowed and takes a few d4's of damage every round that doesn't regenerate until much later.
>Infectipus seeds that drill into the player characters and explode in 2d4 rounds for an instant death.
>>
>>47213954
>or basically how to make this guy a tough fight without just giving him more health

The trick is to give the party a little something extra to put the pressure on. Pheromones are a good way to go, specifically those that attract stinging insects like ants and bees. Given that some plants are pretty good at bringing the pain you can draw inspiration from the natural world. Take eucalyptus trees for example: They produce a highly flammable oil which they can produce in a gaseous state. You've also got gympie-gympies which produce blinding (as well as extremely long lasting) fucking pain upon contact with skin. There's plenty of possibilities. All I know is that you'd better make that fucking plant break into song.
>>
>>47213974
How about instead of magic eating, it regains health from being rooted in the ground. If the heroes can uprooted or mess with the earth (like freezing, burning, flooding significantly, or anything else that would make the ground unsuitable for plant life) stopping its healing.
>>
>>47214008
For about 1 whole second i thought you might've been onto something

>>47214035
I like it, having a sudden burst of cold wither the vines

>>47214091
This is basically that, this is the center of all the roots and vines across the town

>>47214414
isn't salting the soil a bit more complicated than just dumping some salt on the ground? how would players pull that off mid boss fight?

>>47214939
i will take your advice... never underestimate a good dance number, devastatingly effective

>>47215155
hmm, flooding it so that it begins to sink so it moves leaving its weak roots exposed? nice
>>
What about when it gets hit by magic little seed pods on its body begin to glow/grow, they're being fed, when this happens they become very easy to hit
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.