[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Warhammer 40k General

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 372
Thread images: 72

File: This is the General now.jpg (359KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
This is the General now.jpg
359KB, 1024x768px
Arm Chair Accountants Edition

>Rules databases
https://mega.co.nz/#F!pFgm0RKR!J06C1gVYcjzNGsF8YNLsjQ
https://kat.cr/warhammer-40k-pdf-library-t9575373.html

>FAQs
http://www.games-workshop.com/en-GB/Rules-Errata

>40k 7th edition quick reference sheet(s)
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/4104995/Games/7edRef_V7.pdf

>Forgeworld Book index
http://www.dakkadakka.com/wiki/en/Forge_World_and_Apocalypse_Rules_Index

>White Dwarves
https://www.mediafire.com/folder/tx4hcy4u487pv/WD

>Novels (Working link as of 02/02/2016)
https://mega.nz/#F!wx4BiKhD!YhnAf1BqSmAB8dO6xDM56Q
>>
Threadly game design challenge:

Add a new type of vehicle.

What are its rules, and which current models are changed to it?
>>
>>47200914
Monstrous Walker

Has AV, facing, and most normal walker rules, but a different damage chart and some other melee/shooting tweaks.

Tau and Eldar Battlesuits, etc, are changed to this.
>>
>>47200914
Type of vehicle is rough, I can't think of anything specific I would add since water isn't on the field and trains would be retarded.

>>47200915
You wanted the meme image I gave you the meme image. You can't be pleased can you?
>>
>>47200914
Tank. now a full vehicle type. Gains additional protection against lower str and poor ap attacks. And lowers vehicle damage table results (assuming that the vehicle damage table isn't changed overall).

Things that were basically 'light tanks' before, eldar tanks etc, don't get the new class, just the ability to tank shock as before.

Russes, Land Raiders, predators, hammerheads, battlewagons, some more things like that get the new class.
>>
>>47200959
>I would add since water isn't on the field and trains would be retarded.

Don't Orks have a train and a submarine model?

Or am I just remembering really good kitbashes.
>>
Way too fucking early for a new thread.
You clearly just wanted to force your OP image.
>>
>Not X-WingHammer 40k General.
>>
>>47200957
eldar doesn't have battlesuits. Wraithlords have been MCs forever and are fine. And there is no pilot. The avatar is fine too.

The Wraithlord is just stupid undercost.
>>
>>47200959
>You wanted the meme image I gave you the meme image. You can't be pleased can you?

I think its more of a "This is shit, but at least its tolerable shit."
>>
>>47201000

Speaking of which, is there any fluff regarding naval combat, (not void combat). I'm only aware of Ork submarines. Is it all about submarines?
>>
>>47201002
Old news
>>
>>47201001
>Way too fucking early for a new thread.
Other thread reached bump limit, eat a dick.

>You clearly just wanted to force your OP image.
And now its forced. Relax and go back to talking about miniatures.
>>
>>47201001
Yeah the other thread is active right now. These faggots and their pathetic pissing contest over the OP image. How devoid of meaning does your life have to be to care about an image in a 4chan thread?
>>
>>47201032
Tau have underwater combat versions of their suits, and SM just walk into the ocean in their power armor.
>>
>>47201039
>Other thread reached bump limit, eat a dick.
And generals can last a good couple of hours or more after hitting bump limit. If it's at page 9 or 10, then making a new general is fine.
But it hitting bump limit is in no way an indication that a new thread is needed.
So fuck off.
>>
>>47200984
first try at the tank rules

Can only be glanced when hit from front or sides unless the shot is AP2 or better. 4+/5+/+6 (f/s/r) save against glancing hits with S7 or less (haywire gets around this).

Subtract remaining hullpoints from results on the vehicle damage table.
>>
Fluff-wise, who are/were the strongest fighters in the imperium after the Emperor and Primarchs?

My take would be:

1) Malcador
2) Valdor
..A bunch of other custodians
..A bunch of Grey Knight grand masters
>>
File: quality of a light source.jpg (107KB, 715x243px) Image search: [Google]
quality of a light source.jpg
107KB, 715x243px
Do the Tau become more dark blue or gray blue depending on the ratio UV rays from the sun?
>>
Has anyone used the new Ork bommer in a game yet?
>>
>>47201032
>>47201052

In the old lore, Mantas and Hammerheads could operate in the waters as I remember the Space Wolves having a battle where their Thunder Hawks were launching prop(eller?) bombs against them in the old Planet Strike book.
>>
>>47201083
Fighter or psyker?
Because malcador was the third most powerful psyker, but he's still an old man, and as such wouldn't be a great fighter
>>
>>47201084
From lexicanum:

The colour of a Tau’s skin often depends to his caste as well which sept he calls home. In general it can be said that the the Air caste have the palest pigmentation, while Fire caste tend to have the darker. The darker the Tau’s bluish-grey skin, the closer to the sun he lives - therefore those living on Vior’la have much darker skin than those from B’orkan. Also it is known that some strange quality in the green-tinged sun of the N'dras sept can leave those from that region slightly mottled.[4b]

It has also been suggested by several Imperial observers that Tau blood is bluish-purple, explaining that the blood contains trace amounts of cobalt, rather than iron as common in humans[5] (although this would actually result in an amber-yellow colour when oxygenated).[Needs Citation]
>>
File: doubt.jpg (198KB, 601x911px) Image search: [Google]
doubt.jpg
198KB, 601x911px
Rapid Infiltration Cadre=1035
Stealth team=200
6 suits, 2 fusion blasters, 2 target locks

Crisis team=210
2 suits, 4 plasma rifles, 2 CDS, 4 gun drones
Crisis team=210
2 suits, 4 fusion blasters, 2 target locks, 4 gun drones
Crisis team=210
2 suits, 4 plasma rifles, 2 CDS, 4 gun drones

Riptide=205
Ion accelerator, EWO, velocity tracker

Optimized stealth cadre=455
Stealth team=220
6 stealth suits, 2 fusion blasters, 2 target locks, shas'vre, homing beacon
Stealth team=90
3 suits
Ghostkeel=145
Big ion thing, fusion blasters, CDS

I don't think this is a good idea
>>
File: tau.jpg (45KB, 600x302px) Image search: [Google]
tau.jpg
45KB, 600x302px
/tg/, what's your preferred way to kill a Riptide?
>>
File: supercavitation-diagram.jpg (79KB, 1067x792px) Image search: [Google]
supercavitation-diagram.jpg
79KB, 1067x792px
>Underwater combat.

I hope they use Supercavitating torpedoes and underwater lasers.
>>
>>47201125
Let it shoot at me
>>
>>47201125
scions
>>
>>47201125

Kill the Markerlights.
>>
>>47201125

Nova Reactor Overcharge.
>>
>>47201125
Grots
>>
>>47201002

So, at how many points is it reasonable to bring flyers now? How about flyer wings and their patterns?
>>
>>47201125
6 ironclad dreadnoughts in assault
>>
GWs main way of 'bringing in new blood' is to have customers spread word of mouth to get people interested then to have the managers reel them in with an introductory game, right?

Two questions.
Wouldn't this mean that the game is the major draw of the customer base? How do they try to draw someone purely interested in painted by drawn to GW over all the other products on stock if they so firmly believe only 20% play the game?

And would the awful, awful balance plaguing the game cause their customers to speak of it negatively and discourage word of mouth drawing in new blood? How can GW say that they don't really care about developing their product as a game if it's one of the biggest draw factors? You don't need two people to paint, only play.
>>
>>47201125
Kill Markerlights and assault ASAP.
>>
>>47201106
Being an extremely powerful psyker makes you a formidable opponent in a fight, even if you are physically frail.
But ok, we can count Malcador out.
>>
>>47201047
It is a very sad state for a man to be in.
What's more, OP is a butthurt faggot who does this quite often, which can be demonstrated by the fact that he uses the same file name, because he can't handle an OP image with a chicken, tauface or if it doesn't have the mouthes edited out.
Oh well. Such a sad state, but at least he isn't Anthony burch.
>>
>>47201125
Nurgle daemon princes with baleful blades.
>>
>>47201173
At my shop you are usually seeing fliers around 1500 and as many as three by 2000. Most I have seen was 5 in a 3000pt game.
>>
>>47201125
One dreadnought, it's hilarious.
>>
>>47201198
>How can GW say that they don't really care about developing their product as a game if it's one of the biggest draw factors?

That was the old CEO, Actual Hitler.

The new CEO doesn't have retarded opinions that the rules are literally pointless like the old one did.
>>
>>47201125
By exploiting their secret weakness
using telepathy to force panic tests.
>>
>>47201125
>the cool fragmentation projector will never come back
>we're stuck with the stupid mini-mortar
lame
>>
>>47201083
Where is Valdor these days anyway?
Did he died some time after the heresy?
Did he become a daemon prince of the Emperor?
>>
>>47200914
Fast walkers, can move 12" but can only fire one weapon at full bs. I'm looking at you, scout sentinels

>>47200915
Get over yourself

>>47201125
Ignore it until it's close enough to blast it with rending lasguns. If it doesn't have its invulnerable save turned on, ignores cover lascannons do the trick too
>>
>>47201198
you're mixing up about a dozen different things.

First, first time players playing trial games won't have an immediate idea of the balance issues. Identifying those is a skill. New players won't see this. Word of mouth might be hurt by this, but hardcore players are not as good at word of mouth as casual enthusiasts.

Don't confuse 'the game' with 'the competative game'.

Next, the pure word of mouth strategy is and has been moved away from. Drawing interest though video games, presence on shelves outside of dedicated gaming stores, board games that start people on collecting.
>>
>>47200914
'Junker' type. Isn't really a new type of vehicle, but a downgrade that can be taken to existing vehicles.

Many Ork vehicles can take this and new models open up for armies like lost and the damned, and maybe a new kroot vehicle. Basically they are just like the vehicles they downgrade from except they get large point cost reductions overall, in exchange for minus some hull points, minus 1 armor to all sides, and possible open topped. However they repair certain results on the pen chart as well on 4+, and have a slight chance to regain lost hull points 5+. They take dangerous terrain on a 1 or 2, but can also try to repair immobilized results every turn on a 5+.
>>
>>47201263
we should have a poll on what got people the start 40k , games books , friends/family etc
>>
What if Kroot were an Old One dry-run of Orks

Think about it, why else would Kroothounds and Krootox etc exist
>>
>>47201298
maybe. I always thought that if the Old Ones didn't exist in the lore, the Kroot could be expanded into their own army similar to lizardmen.
>>
>>47201228
I was going to guess psychic scream.

>>47201262
>rending lasguns.
IG can have rending las guns?
>>
>>47201291
decent idea, but /tg/ is not a representative sample of the player base. We're all pretty dedicated gamers and hobbiests.
>>
>>47201333
Usually it's near the back board so it can avoid melee and it's in no danger of panic tests, right?
nope, terrify!

Take a panic test with -1 leadership or its runs off the board no saves of any kind allowed.
>>
>>47201298
I can dig it.
>>
>>47201126
Apparently they just use Ultramarines.

That one Tau v Ultramarines throwaway line is the only time I've seen anything about underwater combat. TG tried to rectify that with the Drowned Haifisch of Tysomething, but apparently people didn't like the idea of them boarding enemy ships by pumping them full of warp-fucked sea water.
>>
>>47201263
The game's shit balance hurts casual play more than competitive play. GW's utter disregard for the game's balance is a major flaw.
>>
How long over-due are Orks for a psychic or Weird-Boy Walker?
>>
File: orkorkorkork.jpg (10KB, 235x214px) Image search: [Google]
orkorkorkork.jpg
10KB, 235x214px
>>47201344
im not a dedicated gamer or hobbyist, can you guess why i am here?
>>
>>47201454
Not at all.
>>
What faction is your homebrew army, /tg/?
What's their name?
>>
>>47201468
Dedicated shitposter?
>>
>>47201485
I'm not autistic enough to head cannon a faction for my army
>>
>>47201445
evidence? even an arguement?

It's a flaw, don't get me wrong. But the rest of your claim needs something to back it up
>>
>>47201488
NO! IT"S CALLED DEDICATED MEME POSTER, MEME POSTER!!! 40K MEME POSTING!!!!!!!1 IT WAS IN THE JOB DESCRIPTION
>>
>>47201377
What leadership is the Riptide? 9?
Isn't that only a 50% chance it fails?
>>
>>47201531
>>47201468
this isn't r9k you won't get "hilarious keks" out of your /b/ro's for posting repetitive jokes without context anon
>>
>>47201485
I'm putting together a Space Wood Elf army, using Eldar Rules.

It's mostly Treemen of various sizes using the wraith rules.
>>
>>47201468
>>47201531

Oh you're the frogposter that refuses to get a trip so we can filter?
>>
>>47201291
I don't even play the tabletop yet
I just play Dawn of War and post army lists sometimes
>>
>>47201510
I never got this point of view. Im pretty new but I was under the impression that codex armies are an inspiration for our own armies. Why wouldnt I want my guys to have a place in the story alongside thw Cadians or Ultramarines. Coming up with some short fiction for your guys doesn't seem anymore autistic than playing space man while totally copying someone else's force.
>>
>>47201517
>group of friends gets into 40k
>start with Orks, Eldar, Tau, and Skitarii
Wow, truly balance is irrelevant for casual play. I'm sure little Jimmy will his Orks getting effortlessly eradicated every game.
>>
>>47201536
The odds of failing an Ld. 8 test (Ld. 9-1) is 27.77%.
>>
File: 1462943006244.gif (3MB, 640x266px) Image search: [Google]
1462943006244.gif
3MB, 640x266px
>>47201557
Here's a joke for you _____orks_____
>>
>>47201125
My personal favorite is using Heavy Grav Cannon Destroyers to not only ignore his armour but also make him pay for it. I make them stealth and shrouded first turn so good luck killing the buggers.
P.S why have I got the "Identify shop fronts" captcha 5 times in a fucking row?
>>
>>47201608
...will enjoy* his Orks...
>>
>>47201573
That sounds pretty awesome. Do they have a maidenworld or craftworld? My guys I have been reading up on Arthurian legend for. I want to capture the theme of questing and knight errantry without having any of the characters be direct analogues for Arthurian characters like Iwain or Lancelot.
>>
>>47201593
>but I was under the impression that codex armies are an inspiration for our own armies.

Depends on the individual, some people go for that others don't

Writing fiction holds literally zero interest for me

>Coming up with some short fiction for your guys doesn't seem anymore autistic than playing space man while totally copying someone else's force.

What do you mean by copying, though? Fiction doesn't come into play on the tabletop, and I just run whatever and paint however I want.
>>
>>47201626
Old joke.
>>
File: rusrs.jpg (45KB, 394x370px) Image search: [Google]
rusrs.jpg
45KB, 394x370px
>>47201262
>Ignore it until it's close enough to blast it with rending lasguns
>>
File: proofs.jpg (135KB, 1333x1000px) Image search: [Google]
proofs.jpg
135KB, 1333x1000px
>>47201642
>>47201608

Do you have a single shred of proof to back up anything you just said?
>>
>>47201646
>fiction doesn't come into play on the tabletop
it does if you want it to. Some people like setting up mission with a story behind them or even campaigns.

I'm not saying you have to, but there is an element of fun in that for some people.
>>
>>47201646
Thats all well and good but why care if I make up my own Knightly House or Necron Dynasty so long as I dont break the lore? Gives me way more inspiration to work on my dudes and none of my friends are big into literature or anything so they enjoy when I show them whatI based them on so they can hear about some of these legends they might otherwise never hear.
>>
>>47201608
>>47201642

Dont give the shill more replies. Anyone who actually plays a lesser faction knows you're right.
>>
>>47201684
Shitposter, do you have any proof for the counter-claim that balance isn't relevant for casual play? Hell, do you have proof for a single dumbass claim that you put forth here >>47201263?

As the game is right now, half the codexes can't even play a fun game against each other because of how awful the balance is. Even the greenest, most casual player in the game is going to notice the difference between Codex: Adeptes Astartes and Codex: Chaos Space Marines or the difference between Codex: Tau and Codex: Orks pretty fucking fast.

The idea that word of mouth isn't relevant for a social game that necessitates having other players in the same area is asinine.
>>
>>47201729
>Thats all well and good but why care if I make up my own Knightly House or Necron Dynasty so long as I dont break the lore?

Where did I say that I do
>>
>>47201773
>still no prove
Stay mad, shitposter.
>>
Recommend me a color scheme for my new Tau army, /tg/

So far I'm leaning towards red, with black secondary, white accent colors, and some third color as sept marking
>>
>>47201747
Sure, this guy's a troll, but the "balance doesn't matter for casual play" meme gets trotted out fairly frequently.
>>
>>47201643
My head cannon is that it's a maiden world, and they were one of the last Exodites. They didn't quite get out in time so didn't have the resources to store souls in a World Spirit, so they're making do sticking them in trees instead.

>My guys I have been reading up on Arthurian legend for.
That's pretty cool. What army are you planning on using?

I might do White Scars and have them modeled as knights on bikes, instead of horseback. Maybe have Smashfucker (tm) modeled as the Green Knight.
>>
>>47201729
>people want to hear me sprout shit off about mah special snowflakes
Max kek
>>
>>47201815
Red armor with Black fatigues with white accent colors and white sept colors
>>
>>47201815
>So far I'm leaning towards red, with black secondary, white accent colors, and some third color as sept marking
So it's farsight.
>>
>>47201817
Casual players pick units effectively at random.
>>
>>47201793
>Sly Marbo
Right in the feels.

I miss Marbo so bad. My buddy plays Tau, and would devote his entire army to killing him the first turn he shows up.
>>
>>47201773
Only one of those was me, and what I said was that balance is AS important for casual play as it is for tournament.
It matters, just a lot less.
>>
>>47201684
This may come as a surprise but simply parroting that overused fucking meme DOESN'T make you correct.
However it does make you an asshole
>>
>>47201638
Because fuck you
You could pay to avoid it like me peasant
>>
>>47201052
Don't forget the land raiders. Underwater functionality is one of its more interesting traits.
>>
>>47201773
Shitposter, do you have any proof for the claim that balance isn't relevant for casual play? Hell, do you have proof for a single dumbass claim that you put forth here >>47200864?

As the game is right now, half the codexes can play a fun game against each other because of how great the balance is. Even the battle hardened, most veteran player in the game is going to notice the difference between Codex: Eldar and Codex: Space Marines or the difference between Codex: Tau and Codex: Imperial guard pretty fucking fast because they don't have mental issues.

The idea that word of mouth is relevant for a social game that doesn't necessitates having other players in the same area is sensible.
>>
>>47201843
I don't think that is true at all. When I was new I had no thoughts about competitive play but I didn't pick random units from my codex and throw them on a table. I had a general idea of what I wanted to build. This hobby is too unbalanced to "pick units at random" when you are putting your entire collection on the table.

I tried that with my first army and fielded a ton of Deff Dreads only to get ass-blasted every game, usually completely wiped by turn three.
>>
>>47201298
>why else would Kroothounds and Krootox etc exist

Because some Kroot ate too little protein and some Kroot ate too much protein, respectively,
>>
Well, I think I just broke over 8k points in black templars. I starting to think I might have a problem. Still need some more drop pods and more land raider crusaders.
>>
>>47201921
How many years have you had this army?
>>
>>47201843
Yes, which is why the utter lack of balance is an issue. How long is someone going to keep playing if they started picking random Dark Eldar or Tyranid units and proceeded to lose almost every game they played by a large margin?
>>
>>47201921
since forth edition? I don't know ten years?
>>
>>47201921
With the arrival of my fliers I will be able to field 4000 with just Ravenwing units, another 1500 with Deathwing and I started this army November last year.
>>
>>47201966
That's only 800 points a year. There's no problem here.
>>
>>47201967
So if I start my power armor addiction support club, would you like to join?
>>
>>47201832
>>47201834
Farsight doesn't typically include anywhere near as much white as I was planning, but now that you mention it, I don't want everyone to think it's a farsight scheme at a glance.

Maybe dark, like olive green, as a primary color? I don't know what would go with that, though.
>>
>>47201815
White armor, black fatigues, red hand prints across the helmets.
>>
>>47201894
>The idea that word of mouth is relevant for a social game ... is sensible.
Ignoring the claim that 40k doesn't require multiple players, you're actually agreeing with me here, troll.
>>
>>47202004
Yes please. Still so much to get.
98% of the power armored units have beakies
>>
>>47202041
>>
>>47201485
Chaos Space Marines rules
"The Forsaken Emperor"

a warband of Emperor worshiping outcasts who feel that the Imperium no longer serves the ideals of the Emperor or well serves humanity as a whole.

They survive as pirates and mercenaries.

The wear amber colored armor with brown or leather clothing. The astartes in the warband paint their right shoulder solid black with a white skull in the center

Certain units know for their bloodthirst instead wear a red shoulder pad with a white skull in the center. Similarly, the transports of the warband have both red and black banners, and they choose which to raise depending on who they are fighting.
>>
For the Renegades and Heretics list, how possible is it to run without Chaos elements, and how different from normal guard would that be?
>>
>>47202052
That would be a dream come true.
>I brought 3 riptides
>Good, I brought 25 Marbos
>>
>>47202095
>The wear amber colored armor with brown or leather clothing
To signify being made of shit and stale piss.
>>
>>47202107
the differences from guard would be kind of minimal at that point, and guard would probably be better unless you wanted to play melee guard or something
>>
>>47202031
40k does require multiple people. Otherwise you play 40k for the sole fact to shitpost on a chinese Mongolian basket throat singing board.
>>
Continuing the search for feedback.
>>
File: chose.jpg (99KB, 723x691px) Image search: [Google]
chose.jpg
99KB, 723x691px
>>47202124
>and their accent color of red just suggests blood in the stool
>>
>>47202146
Correct. The troll claimed otherwise here >>47201894 when he was mutilating my post.
>>
>>47202121
I don't think you'd have enough AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA for that anon.
>>
>>47201783
Well you did imply that I was autistic for doing so...
>>
>>47202151
covenants are a bit powerful, especially since the base price on the squad is now lower. Some icons are very good, others are kind of weak. I would like to see an icon that gives relentless. Relentless, your slaanesh rules, and a 20 man squad with autocannons (or sonic blasters and blastmasters if you make them availabe available) would be truly terrifying.

also
>For every three models in the squad, one model may take a meltabomb...............................5 pts
there is no reason to every have more than one melta bomb now thanks to the FAQ
>>
Does Night-fighting rule only last in the first turn or for the entire game?
>>
>>47202290
It varies
>>
>>47202282
>there is no reason to every have more than one melta bomb now thanks to the FAQ
This just make it 10pts for everyone has meltabombs.
Keeping track of who does or does not have them is a pointless headache.
>>
>>47201824
Imperial Knights all day haha. Im the guy whose been posting about House Argyle for the last few weeks after I started with that new Imperial Knight box. For colors im thinking dark green main, with an alabaster off white for where personal heraldry goes. Then red with white demi aquila for imperial livery and gold armor trim. Any suggestions? Also sticking soul stones in trees sounds eldary as fuck. I hope you post pictures one day!
>>
>>47202282
Multiple meltabombs predates the FAQ ruling. I'll leave it be for now, but I'll change it is the Grenade ruling is made official.

Covenants are powerful, but they make the marines pretty expensive. 16 PPM for the cheap three, 18 PPM for Nurgle.
>>
>>47201830
Do you not have friends who take a personal interest in you and your hobbies? My friends love when I tell them stories or connections to real life.
>>
>>47201945
>mfw had army for 2-3 years and still under 1000 points
>>
>>47201333
Either with psyker powers or the Militarum Tempestus orders
>>
>>47202335
16ppm for marine statlines that can run and shoot is really strong

16ppm for +1A and furious charge makes 18ppm chosen total shit

16ppm reroll 1s and have 1s to hit are less good after the nerf to Gets Hot! but still a very strong strong unit considering how much most other armies have to pay for invulnerable saves.

18ppm for +1T and FNP makes some extremely durable troops. Right now IoE on a ten man squad is 18ppm for 4T FNP and one of the better options. Making them not die to battlecannons for no extra points is a total steal

Meanwhile marines without covenants are a bit trash, costing the same as before with the only difference being +1 WS, which while nice, doesn't fix what is wrong with them.
>>
>>47202328
>Any suggestions?
I wouldn't give them any set paint schemes to be honest.
Historically knights furnished their own armor, and each had individual heraldry. I'd try and reflect that in the Imperial Knights. Maybe look into getting custom heads for each knight for even more individuality. Doubly so if your army will only be about 3-5 models, I'd want them all to feel unique.

>I hope you post pictures one day!
It's still a WIP, but I'll post some inna bit.
>>
File: 1462310419472.jpg (60KB, 673x696px) Image search: [Google]
1462310419472.jpg
60KB, 673x696px
>>47201651
here's a new joke. What do you call an Ork who just wants to be a painter?

Nob Ross

BOOOOM
>>
>>47202475
Here's another joke

Your life.
>>
>>47202146
You knocking throat singing motherfucker
>>
>>47201967
And none of its painted.
>>
How do you get people to read their codex when they simply refuse to do so, even when your whole playgroup urges them to?
>>
>>47202559

stop playing with them until they do
>>
>>47202347
Your full of shit and you have no friends. Case in point your having a conversation on tg instead of talking to them
Welcome to the club. How's them feels?
Feels bad dunnit
>>
>>47202559
well go on then, tell us the story
>>
>>47202559
lump them in with the tau, war convo, and eldar players, which is to say you will decline games with them and encourage others to do the same
>>
File: 1461768215561.png (10KB, 470x361px) Image search: [Google]
1461768215561.png
10KB, 470x361px
>>47202486
Old joke.

Here's another one.

An Eldar, a space marine and an orc walk down the road, suddenly a demon appears before them.

'Think only truth, lest ye be destroyed!'

The Eldar thinks 'My race is the eldest of races, hence we are the most intelligent'.. and passes.

The Space Marine thinks 'I am a superhuman soldier, dedicated to ridding the universe of any threat against the emperor.'... and passes.

The orc thinks... AND GOES SPLAT!
>>
>>47202347
I don't have any friends
>>
>>47202559
Dreadsock.
>>
>>47202445
>16ppm for marine statlines that can run and shoot is really strong
Strong and priced to match. They're also forced to Run first, which prevents JSJ style shenanigans.
>16ppm for +1A and furious charge makes 18ppm chosen total shit
Current Chosen are already shit. BA Tactical Marines have Furious Charge at 14 PPM, and they're not very good. I could see bumping it up another point, but 17 PPM for T4 3+ is getting awfully expensive.
>16ppm reroll 1s and have 1s to hit are less good after the nerf to Gets Hot! but still a very strong strong unit considering how much most other armies have to pay for invulnerable saves.
Icon of Tzeentch gave a 5++ in 4th edition, and it was shit. Invuln save pricing is all over the place. It's often priced at a premium, but then you things like the Shimmershield on Dire Avengers.
>18ppm for +1T and FNP makes some extremely durable troops. Right now IoE on a ten man squad is 18ppm for 4T FNP and one of the better options. Making them not die to battlecannons for no extra points is a total steal
I've played with Plague Marines for a while now, and T5 is deceptively fragile. You still die easily to most anti-marine weapons. Plus 6/7 PPM on a 13 point model is paying nearly 50% more for what will only sometimes be a 50% increase in durability.
>>
File: fagg.gif (1MB, 413x192px) Image search: [Google]
fagg.gif
1MB, 413x192px
>>47202594
its like...fucking shitty 14 year old jokes. fuck off
>>
What has the most synergy with Optimized Stealth Cadre?
>>
>>47202559
Keep correcting them with bullshit claims about their units rules.
>>
File: 1455738624854.gif (2MB, 320x254px) Image search: [Google]
1455738624854.gif
2MB, 320x254px
>>47202605
cheer up anon.

Why did the ork cross the road?
Because he's falling back on leadership 7
>>
File: 2500 Shit Image.jpg (104KB, 1433x812px) Image search: [Google]
2500 Shit Image.jpg
104KB, 1433x812px
>>47202529
We both know its painted. Hell I bet you could even tell me the two main colours.

It isn't done though, still a WIP, especially at higher points when I am throwing my full collection on the table.

pic related is a shitty quality of my 2500pt list - the tech marine.
>>
>>47202581
Not much to tell.
>Setting up game with anon
>It's been awhile since playing for both of us, but I still know my codex like the back of my hand
>inb4 no hands
>Anyway, looking over lists, pointing out things that don't seem right to anon
>Third anon there agrees
>We urge opponent anon to double check, it's some logistical stuff about buying special weapons
>Opponent whips out battlescribe, we tell him to look at codex because battlescribe probably confused him
>Read Nigga Read.jpeg

Tldr Opponent was depending on battlescribe to tell him his rules
>>
File: 1387849230068.jpg (17KB, 300x254px) Image search: [Google]
1387849230068.jpg
17KB, 300x254px
>>47201002
>Intolerance Attck Pattern
>>
>>47202559
demand proof of everything.

"this weapon has this profile"
>proof?
"this unit has this many attacks on the charge"
>proof?
etc.etc.
>>
>>47202451
I like the idea of all the individual armor as its really evocative, but its also kind of important to me that they look like a unified house. The helmet bit I will definitely implwment though, and I wish I could switch up the leg poses
>>
>>47202674

Optimised Your Mom Cadre.
>>
>>47202572
Haha I dont know if you're trying to troll me or just joking, but this is my last post replying to you instead of to something related to 40k
>>
>>47202674

That Kroot/Vespids formation.
>>
>>47202754
Man probably my favorite time with this hobby was when I was setting up for a game and my opponent asked about my army and we spent the first hour just bullshitting about our special snowflakes. Two other older guys walked up and thought it was great. A lot of people at my shop do custom fluff though. Fuck the haters man.
>>
>>47202809
>tfw I will never return to the shop I started at that had a giant binder of lamented 1-3 page per army of custom fluff that had come and gone through the shop
>tfw I can't find the copy that they used to sell for $10

I know these above feels, and they feels bad man.
>>
>>47201125
It was a squad of Chosen Ravagers rerolling 1s on Plasma shots, but I can't exactly use that anymore.

It was actually surprisingly reliable.
>>
>>47202809
I know dude I long for the day when my army is painted and I can sit down to my first game with someone else.
>>
>>47201849
>yfw Warzone: X has Catachan as a main army and Marbo is a special character/appears and solos X enemy
>>
So on scale 1-10, how much a faggot would I be if I wielded full knight army in a 1500pts tournament?

I was thinking:
Cerastus
Warden + meltagun
Warden + meltagun + Ironspears (warlord)
Gallant + meltagun
>>
File: IMG_20160330_170732.jpg (3MB, 3024x4032px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160330_170732.jpg
3MB, 3024x4032px
>>47202733
I'd probably make them all individualized, and give them all the same back banner, to tie them together.

Depending on your confidence in modeling, you could alter the leg poses.
>>
File: Yukon FUCKING Cornelius.jpg (23KB, 369x336px) Image search: [Google]
Yukon FUCKING Cornelius.jpg
23KB, 369x336px
>>47202648
fuck you tubby.
>>47202704
How many bricks does it take for Dark Angels to build a fortress?

None. Just one Rock from Caliban

SLAMMM
>>
>>47202978
>tournament play
you play to win at a tournament

if you did that in a casual game you would be dishonorable
>>
>>47202724
>asked for proof for every time I bring up a new units ability
>show him page in the codex each time, including knowing if it's the unit or the equipment section
>just let him play his army without question because I want the game to get going since he took a long time to set up and his tzeetch psychic phases were so long.
>judge happens to see him make a massive mistake that was so big we had to backtrack the entire shooting phase.
>yells at me for taking to long while trying to position my models. I speed up.
>lose the match because I was a couple inches further from the objective than I thought

sorry, fucking pissed at that guy. Also, the only painted model in his army was a Belakor he barrowed because he found out the tournement was unbound so he could stick it into his tzeetch daemon list.
>>
File: IMG_20160329_183057.jpg (3MB, 3024x4032px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160329_183057.jpg
3MB, 3024x4032px
>>47202987
>>
>>47203071
>playing in tournaments
there is your problem
>>
File: IMG_20160329_003646.jpg (2MB, 3024x4032px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160329_003646.jpg
2MB, 3024x4032px
>>47203092
>>
Can i use contemptor dreadnoughts in 40k?
>>
Has anybody got the link to the Fenris short stories?

I want to read them when I've finished the Curse of Fenris

Don't read this unless you like reading blogs.
I had bowel problems and used to read books on the toilet, but I fixed that and I don't need to go nearly as much so I never have time to read and I have a huge backlog of books to read
>>
File: the best.jpg (389KB, 869x1154px) Image search: [Google]
the best.jpg
389KB, 869x1154px
STEEL LEGION REPORTING IN! SOUND OFF GUARDSMEN!
>>
>>47202987
Awesome!
>>
>>47203168
https://kat.cr/user/Epistolary/uploads/

It's all in there.
>>
>>47203056
How so? Seems to me Knights are just another codex, and that there are plenty of amries more powerful than them
>>
>>47202674
Assuming you're asking for a tournament list, you'll probably want markerlights fromcaome source, and homing beacons on the stealth suits could make deep-striking more crisis suits easy.
>>
>>47201125
beast hunter vanquisher shells
>>
>>47203135
Yes. They've had forgeworld rules for a while, and even got some standard 40k ones as well
>>
File: index.jpg (10KB, 242x208px) Image search: [Google]
index.jpg
10KB, 242x208px
>>47203179
Death Korps here, entrenching ourselves at this position!
>>
>>47203212
in the same way any all power unit army in a casual game makes you dishonorable

but as said in a tournament game, you play to win
>>
>>47203205
>prepares for dolphin porn

Thanks anon (or Carnac as I assume it is)
>>
>>47203212
Consider that a typical army will have half of their units become useless for aynthing but sitting on objectives when faced with Knights.
>>
>>47203284
Are they more useful facing down eldar scat bikes and wraithknights or tau gunlines? The only one who really hurt are powerful armies because they get competition, but even then they crush knights from what I hear. And what difference does that make to the lower tier armies?
>>
>>47203284
Also in this case shouldnt you just play tactically and try to outscore the eldar/knights/tau?
>>
>>47203384
the new FAQ makes knights really strong because they can no longer be killed quite so easily with melta bombs and krak grenades (only one grenade per unit per turn, not per model)
>>
File: Filthy Mcrotten.jpg (133KB, 560x688px) Image search: [Google]
Filthy Mcrotten.jpg
133KB, 560x688px
>>47203212
>How so? Seems to me Knights are just another codex

>Yfw someone is this retarded and oblivious

I wish this was mere bait
>>
>>47203400
4 Knights = 4 objectives. Like fuck are you getting first blood and slay the warlord is quite the feat. Any killpoint game is just fucked because the maximum points you can get is 6.
>>
>>47203212
Knights are cheesey as fuck.

Knightspam is something that can't be beaten except by hardcore list tailoring - in order to beat Knightspam, you need to not only know Knightspam is coming, but you probably also need to probably give up the ability to defeat any other list. Skill barely factors into the equation, any retard can drop four big models on a table.

That's what makes people assholes for bringing it (to non-tournament settings), not the actual strength of the list when compared to others.

Same is true of flyerspam in 6th. Cheese and power level tend to be related, but aren't the same.
>>
Why are Orks so shit?

I've seen a lot of people say that just lowering points cost wouldn't be enough, because even cheap shit units are still shit.

But I don't actually understand what it is that makes them so bad as people say.
>>
>>47203405
This makes me somewhat sad, but I also hear that might get changed. Also custom missions might make it moee fun for opponents. I thought of one where my warlord knight gallant is stuck in no mans land and cant move, so whichever army can control him like and objective marker at the end of 5 wins. It gives my opponent like 370 more points than me and sounds like a cool rescue mission/assassination mission.
>>
They should add a strict time component to tournaments.
>quick quick quick roll the fucking dice
>shit one went off the table
>no time to find it fuck roll wounds
>>
>>47203550
Marines can drop pod spam in a circle around them leaving their biggest defensive buff worthless. And drop pod spam is lethal against anyone except maybe Tau if they had already experienced that shit.
>>
File: Wats goin on ere.jpg (40KB, 700x599px) Image search: [Google]
Wats goin on ere.jpg
40KB, 700x599px
>>47203179
Vostroyan Firstborn, deployed for combat!
>>
>>47203581
Because the people who do the codexes are all different and have agendas. Look at BA. Was amazing in 5th, then got nerfed but still good in 6th (no codex change, but due to assault) and then in 7th they got nerfed HARD. There isn't even any dedicated non-FW AA in their army (20pt Flakk Missiles and Autocannon Dreads throwing shots out in the hope they hit)

That's life, eh? Just like GK are shit now cause Paladins are only T4 and 2W is useless against S8 AP2 spam.
>>
>>47203581
They are bad, but it's nothing a point drop cant fix.

It would be fluffy too, since Orks tend to outnumber everyone on a fight, even IG.
>>
>>47203597
the good ones do

A turn clock is something I haven't seen yet, though. And it's the one thing really missing from them. Slow playing fags can completely skew a game in their favor and make it so you don't even get to play the latter half before time gets called.
>>
File: literally the best.jpg (419KB, 694x1203px) Image search: [Google]
literally the best.jpg
419KB, 694x1203px
>>47203262
>>47203636
RIGHT-O MEN, ANY SIGN OF XENOS OR HERETICS!?
>>
>>47201485
No name as of yet. But I've started expanding my Crimson Slaughter and building a theme.

They were one of the groups that splintered off under the leadership of a sorcerer, in search of a cure for the curse.

During a raid, a herald of Tzeentch tells the sorcerer where to find a manuscript that could teach him how to steal the soul of a man and bind it to his will. They set off, and find one of nine tomes and the sorc (now called Var'ghal the Soul Chainer) binds the spirits of the slain to do his bidding.

Unbeknownst to them, the tomes are weakening their souls' grip on their physical bodies, and the ninth will surely seal their fates.
>>
File: 1f.jpg (126KB, 712x976px) Image search: [Google]
1f.jpg
126KB, 712x976px
>>47203636
You can rest easy now, Tannith First and Only reporting in.
>>
>>47203581
It's because their stat lines are so bad, it doesn't matter how cheap you make them (with-in reason you autists) if they can't win a fight.

Shitty ballistic skill so they can't hit anything with their guns.
Shitty Initiative so they almost always strike last in combat.
Shitty strength on most units mean they have trouble wounding guardsmen half the time.
Shitty leadership that means they're always failing tests.
Shitty wargear options that often means you have to buy the 25 point klaw on all your units or take nothing.
Shitty saves on everything and lack of invulnerable saves.

Shitty shitty shitty.
>>
File: 12.jpg (66KB, 800x387px) Image search: [Google]
12.jpg
66KB, 800x387px
>>47203665
No...sir. We Mordian Iron guard are here to provide.... backup...
>>
File: Imperial_Guard_Armour.jpg (29KB, 506x500px) Image search: [Google]
Imperial_Guard_Armour.jpg
29KB, 506x500px
>>47203665
everywhere
as usual sir!
>>
File: Vostroyan_soldier.jpg (68KB, 328x484px) Image search: [Google]
Vostroyan_soldier.jpg
68KB, 328x484px
>>47203665
The stench of vile, filthy mutants is hanging in the air...
>>
>>47203735
i feel that with orks (and other horde units) they need a 50% point decrease and double the slots on everything else but then you might end up flooding the table.
>>
>>47203744
>>47203758
>>47203691
>>47203739
LOOK OUT MEN! I THINK THAT ONE OF US IS A TRAITOR!
>>
File: Hold the Lines.jpg (66KB, 736x552px) Image search: [Google]
Hold the Lines.jpg
66KB, 736x552px
>>47203665
There are many, but our lines will hold and thin them. The longer our siege the greater the casualties, but the ranks of the Emperor's faithful are neverending.
>>
File: 1451751134674.jpg (511KB, 1200x1491px) Image search: [Google]
1451751134674.jpg
511KB, 1200x1491px
Hold up ladies, the party has just arrived! Cadian 141 Storm Trooper Battalions here to deliver the hand of the Emperor.
>>
>>47203735
I don't know the codex so I'm basically throwing things out at random, but how big an improvement would this be? Just trying to gauge where the codex is at, I'm not secretly a GW writer or something.

Codex wide:
>+1I / +1S for every 10 models in the squad
>+1 Ld for every squad within 12" (6"?)
>+1 BS during a waaagh
>>
>>47201126
The space wolves just dumped some terminators and land Raiders with propellers taped on in the ocean
>>
>>47203691
How's your homeworld doing lately?
Are they just in constant decline, or do they replenish from other worlds?
>>
>>47203550
Well id always be straight up with an opponent but I have a hard time believing a knight list with 2 gallants and an errant is goimg to cock someone up more than other comparable armies.
>>
>>47203800
The great war of "Who has the coolest gasmasks" waged for many years before a truce was declared under the terms of all gasmasks being hella cool
>>
File: tactical.jpg (5KB, 150x65px) Image search: [Google]
tactical.jpg
5KB, 150x65px
>>
>>47203827
Just fucking dandy.

Its called first and only for a reason
>>
>>47203813
Fucking glory boys here late as usual to steal all the glory.
>>
File: Imperial_Palace_Terra2.jpg (130KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Imperial_Palace_Terra2.jpg
130KB, 1920x1080px
>>47203792
Its those damn Kriegers! They never talk and always seem to be staring off at nowhere... Heretics I say!
>>
>>47203821
>I don't know the codex so I'm basically throwing things out at random, but how big an improvement would this be?
>I'm not secretly a GW writer or something.

Your impression is dead on, tho.
>>
>>47203873
I just meant that most regiments replenish with otherworlders because it's the only practical way it can be done, I guess they just wouldn't get along with anyone who didn't share their angst.
>>
File: ImperialGuard1.jpg (216KB, 609x749px) Image search: [Google]
ImperialGuard1.jpg
216KB, 609x749px
>>47203792
I bet it's the bloody vo-vu-va-vostigan firstcorn or something ?
donno never heard of them before
>>
>>47203858
Bitches love gas masks and martyrdom in the name of the Emperor.

>>47203906
Krieger here, thats a Steel Legion trooper.
>>
File: 1322889896061.png (26KB, 510x546px) Image search: [Google]
1322889896061.png
26KB, 510x546px
>>47203886
You rang?
>>
>>47203908
A GW writer wouldn't have asked for someone's opinion on the changes before making them- dead giveaway.
>>
>>47203886
Maybe if the Lord Commander had more faith that you could do your Job, he would stop sending us.
>>
File: Regiment.jpg (870KB, 1536x2048px) Image search: [Google]
Regiment.jpg
870KB, 1536x2048px
>>47203792
It must be those Cadian boys. They're so close to the eye of terror, all the warp taint must have gotten to them...
>>
File: cadia fuck yeah.jpg (71KB, 471x750px) Image search: [Google]
cadia fuck yeah.jpg
71KB, 471x750px
>>47203813
>>47203792
>>47203916
>cadian storm troopers
never mind lads found the traitors
only an offworlder would call cadia's finest a stormtrooper instead of a kasrkin
>>
>>47203924
>Krieger here, thats a Steel Legion trooper

Maybe he was responding to the steel legion leader that the traitor among us is the Kriegers.
>>
File: Vostroyan_battle-line.jpg (58KB, 465x700px) Image search: [Google]
Vostroyan_battle-line.jpg
58KB, 465x700px
>>47203916
>distant Slavic cursing
>>
File: mother fucking baneblade.jpg (55KB, 720x576px) Image search: [Google]
mother fucking baneblade.jpg
55KB, 720x576px
>>47203942
FIRE ON THE CADIAN "STORMTROOPERS" AT ONCE! THE STEEL LEGION WILL FORM THE SPEARHEAD WITH OUR MIGHTY BANEBLADES!
>>
>>47203937
Eye of what? I don't know what you're talking about man. You should probably tell your commissar about any warp related dreams.
>>
File: 1242225473355.jpg (57KB, 400x425px) Image search: [Google]
1242225473355.jpg
57KB, 400x425px
>>47203969
it's okay
i have stationed a warhound titan in the nearby bushes for just such an occasion
>>
File: Inquisitor_with_Retinue.jpg (59KB, 500x354px) Image search: [Google]
Inquisitor_with_Retinue.jpg
59KB, 500x354px
>>47203969
>>47203942
Would you look at that... lowely guardsmen think they can determine who is the traitor heretics... My my, fighting won't do you any good but if you wish to continue, the ships in orbit are already awaiting my command incase more... hostile action needs to be taken.
>>
>>47203581
>>47203735
>>47203821

Funny you mention that:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/lsx27fo3rq2x7tk/Codex%20-%20Orks%207th%20Edition%20Update%20%5BSpace%20Odin%5D%282016%29.pdf?dl=0

I solved pretty much all of that. Some changes inbound soon, though.
>>
Are there any good Death Korps books?
>>
File: NOT HUMMIES.jpg (537KB, 1361x1084px) Image search: [Google]
NOT HUMMIES.jpg
537KB, 1361x1084px
'EY! I NEED SOME 'ELP OVER HERE! I'M JUST A WEAK 'UMMIE!
>>
>>47203969
"Yeah, boo those other guys! Me and the lads are right behind ya! Right lads?

...lads?"

So how were squats mechanically, anyway? Like I know they were "Space Dwarfs" but how how deep did the resemblance run? How did this Dwarf measure up to other 40k armies? Sell me on Squats.
>>
>>47200914

I will do the opposite: take away walkers, merge with MC,and then add a light MC/Walker class (sentential ect) that get ap4 smash and can only fire 1 weapon per turn,but are otherwise MCs
>>
File: image.jpg (69KB, 738x936px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
69KB, 738x936px
>>47204100
>Squatted so hard they forgot the picture
>>
>>47204092
Clone 1:...
Clone 2:...
Clone 3:...

>Twenty pages later

Commissar:F-for the emperor?
All clones:FOR THE EMPEROR
>>
File: umm excuse me.jpg (7KB, 244x207px) Image search: [Google]
umm excuse me.jpg
7KB, 244x207px
>>47204094
Commissar? Are you sure its sound to send troops to investigate these? I didn't know the Ultramarines sent a company to back us, wait is that a gun coming out of that barrel?
>>
>>47203789
Trust me when I say no one is going to want to transport around or buy that many models, they need buffs.
>>
>>47204100
i believe squats were pretty boring to play or mechanically uninteresting so they didn't catch on, kinda of like sisters
>>
File: midget kick.gif (2MB, 390x293px) Image search: [Google]
midget kick.gif
2MB, 390x293px
>>47204112
Why did they get rid of the Squats but not the Ogryn?
>>
>>47204092
>>47204127
Ignore him. Read "Dead Men Walking" and "Down Amongst the Dead Men."
>>
File: Down-amongst-the-dead-men-eBook.jpg (96KB, 650x822px) Image search: [Google]
Down-amongst-the-dead-men-eBook.jpg
96KB, 650x822px
>>47204092
Read pick related.

>>47204127
Something about the commissar being uncomfortable the Kriegers are more zealous than him cracks me up.
>>
>>47204161
this is true, even using around 70 lesser daemons in addition to my other things fills up my big carrying case
>>
File: Orks_are_made_4_rokkin.jpg (223KB, 800x720px) Image search: [Google]
Orks_are_made_4_rokkin.jpg
223KB, 800x720px
So I started collecting my first army, orks. I got a box of boyz and a box of killa kans. Anyone have any tips for an army list for either 500 or 1000 points that includes my kans?
>>
>>47204214
Consider the Start Collecting box maybe? A Deff Dread might be able to help out your Kans, and the rest of the box should help you fill out a list.
>>
>>47204214
Orks are in an extremely rough spot right now due to their own rules and the general 7th edition rules. My advice is to give all of your kans either grotzookas for a mass of st6 blasts or rokkits to take advantage of their higher BS. Skorchas or big shootas are a waste. Grotzookas are awesome but orks already have many other ways of dealing with hordes so it may be redundant. I would highly recommend magnetizing the gun arms so you can switch when you want. As for the boyz, shootas are statistically superior to sluggas and choppas but they also add 1 point to each boy.
>>
File: knife.jpg (27KB, 636x636px) Image search: [Google]
knife.jpg
27KB, 636x636px
Any drawfriend can make an edit of this with a Grot?
>>
Why is there so little 40k porn?
>>
>>47204299
it is too niche
>>
>>47204299
40K is too philosophical for porn.
>>
>>47204299
you're not looking hard enough
>>
File: StickItImage_1463002666967.jpg (449KB, 1024x1024px) Image search: [Google]
StickItImage_1463002666967.jpg
449KB, 1024x1024px
>>47204279
>>
>>47204343
Thanks doc
>>
File: MSGROT.png (682KB, 635x636px) Image search: [Google]
MSGROT.png
682KB, 635x636px
>>47204279
Delivrard
>>
Ork Boyz arr split into two units - we'll call them Ork Mob and Killa Team.

Ork Mob is basically the current codex version of Boyz. Up to 30 models, Nob, shooty/choppy versions. For when you want a lot of cheap bodies.

Killa Team is basically an Ork version of a Tactical Squad. 5-10 models, nob, 'ard option. In exchange for model cap, they get way more wargear options, becoming an incredibly flexible and deadly unit.

Orks can "loot" any dedicated transport from another codex for +20 points (over it's original cost) in addition to access to Trukks.

Every Ork unit gets a bonus for every other Ork unit with 10+ models within 6". For every such unit, WS, BS, S, T, Sv, and I increase by 1. ICs count as such a unit, even if they're currently attached to a squad, including buffing the squad they're attached to.

Orks have three main types of weapon (these names are random asspulls). "Dakka", which is your standard shoota/rokkit, no additional effect. "Orky Dakka", which counts to-wound / glance / pen rolls of 6 as two wounds. "Dangerously Orky Dakka", which Gets Hot as a no-scatter small blast, but fires 1+D3 shots (rolled per unit, like Lootas) and has the Orky Dakka wound doubling.

Would this be a step in a good direction?
>>
>visit a game store and chat a bit with the owner "anon why do you buy online? every game store hates you for it"
>they don't have the item I am looking for and if they did they would charge full MSRP
>check amazon
>10% off MSRP with free two day shipping

I feel really bad for not supporting game stores, but the nearest one is two hours away and they never have what I am looking for
>>
>>47204386
Ur 2 slow.
>>
File: image.jpg (206KB, 1512x575px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
206KB, 1512x575px
>>47204189
Yeah, I'm not seeing it. The ability to take plasma weapons that don't overheat seems interesting though.

Mostly though I'm looking at mod potential for Total War Warhammer.
>>
>>47204343
Thanks Apothecary.
>>
>>47201125
>hellfrost cannon
>tempest hammer
>jaws of the world wolf no more
>>
>>47204436
Shoot, meant to add this pdf I've been referencing:

http://rasmushome.com/pdf/squat_codex5_3.pdf
>>
>>47204392
I play orks and I don't like that this would motivate people play MSU orks. If you are fielding a ton of boyz they are supposed to be a horde. It just doesn't feel right. Also it would easily allow orks to get up to T10 and that's just ludicrous.
>>
>>47204392
if you want ork tactical squads and looted rhinos just use the space marine codex
>>
>>47204501
Dangerously Orky is no longer a blast, but now instead of Gets Hot the unit takes a wound no save allowed.

The Waaagh rule is now per ten models in the unit, instead of per unit within 6".

Better?
>>
>>47204544
An ork with ATSKNF sounds brilliant
>>
>>47204424
Sorry that I take pride in my work.
>>
>>47204211
>70
And how many do you use in a game?

That's nothing, my ork friend fields over 100 Orks in a 1500 Ork cad.
5 squads of 12 in trukks
20 in a battle wagon
3 mega nobs in a gorkanaut
Don't remember what else.
>>
>>47204593
Tell your friend he is a faggot for bringing a super hea- oh wait.
>>
>>47204593
>nobs in a naut
the perfect unit
>>
Watched a squad of Mega Armoured Nobz get torn to shreds in a single round of combat by an 80 point unit of Genestealer hybrids... brutal as shit.

The Ork player just looked so defeated, poor guy...
>>
>>47201125

I psychic shrieked a riptide from full health that was pretty neat.
>>
File: 1423216824755.jpg (530KB, 900x900px) Image search: [Google]
1423216824755.jpg
530KB, 900x900px
>>47204343
>>47204353
>>47204455
>>
>>47204571
Better, but getting a buff to all of those stats is still too much. Throw a warboss in with 30 boys and they'll all have WS8 BS6 S7 T8 I6 and a 2+ armor save.

The problem with the current ork dex is relative pricing and power. The codex is balanced fantastically internally but when comparing costs for similar statlines and weapon profiles in other codices, the divide becomes obvious. We don't need new rules for them, we just need to go back to some of their old rules. Give them their old leadership rules back so any units with 11+ boys is fearless. Give back the old embarked KFF rules. Make cybork body an invuln save again or make it stack with FNP. Give back the old deffrolla rules. All of that plus a rebalancing of their point costs across the board wouldn't make them top tier but it would at least make them stand a chance. The only things beyond that I would like to see improved would be making 'ere we go a fleet equivalent, adding more melee weapon options, giving more boyz access to 4+ armor, make boyz st4 standard, and give ST and/or T bonuses to nobs and warbosses.
>>
File: 2016-03-16 21.30.51.jpg (2MB, 3264x1836px) Image search: [Google]
2016-03-16 21.30.51.jpg
2MB, 3264x1836px
>>47204593
last time i played was with incursion so something like this

>4 squads of 10 daemonettes
>2 squads of 3 fiends
>herald of slaanesh
>keeper of secrets
>Guo
>karnak

>exalted flamer
>tzeentch herald
>13 pink horrors
>10 blood letters
>3 flamers of tzeentch

>>47204655
genestealers are actually very dangerous in cqc, i6 ws6 3 attacks with rending at s4 makes people sweat
>>
>>47204687
I have done the same with the Interromancy power Trephination.

(Focused witchfire w/ 18", affected model takes 2d6+2 minus their leadership in wounds and no armour or cover saves allowed.)
>>
>>47204705
In addition I'd like to note that the ork fandex floating around does all of this and more without going overboard. I haven't had a chance to try it yet but am hoping to soon.
>>
>>47201125
Ork Snipers
>>
File: Acolyte_Hybrids.png (492KB, 967x473px) Image search: [Google]
Acolyte_Hybrids.png
492KB, 967x473px
>>47204713
He was talking about these anon.
>>
Orks are now all IC.

Every Ork can buy whatever wargear they want, and slap together into a unit of whatever size they want.

Nothing can go wrong.
>>
>>47204778
Can I get a Deff Dread squadron where each Dread had 4 arms each with a twin-linked Deffgun?
>>
>>47204778
How many lucky stick mega-armor warbosses one could fit in a 1850 list?
>>
>>47204837
you can already field as many Inquisitorial detachments as you want

>and entire army of inquisitors, no henchmen tarballing into a single unit that dies to a pie plate
>>
>>47204766
oh those guys? no wonder they tore through some meganobz, 2+ is nice but no invuls and no i4 attacks means they turn into easy prey
>>
>>47202681
I enjoyed this one
>>
File: Basilisk.png (297KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
Basilisk.png
297KB, 500x500px
When is it a good idea to field a basilisk?
>>
>>47205137
Apocalypse
>>
>>47205137
when you are playing with the correct amount of terrain
>>
>>47205137

'a' basilisk?

never.
>>
What are your personal favorite altar of war missions you've played?

I personally love the ones from cyphers dataslate, they have great flavor. (Damn you, cypher! What's your game!?)

Probably second favorite is that old one from the 5e mission book under IG where you fight trench warfare style and drop pieces of paper on the table, and wherever they float down gets hit with rando artillery.
>>
Do I have to use Citadel Paints™® or can I use something else
>>
>>47205137
You don't. You field Earthshaker Cannon Batteries.
>>
>>47200864
At least with that version of the image I don't hear a cacophonous "DOHOHOHOHOHO" in my head whenever I see it.
>>
Unbound list:
>41 squads of 5 fire warriors

Name one flaw.
>>
>>47201921
Got back into things around 7 months ago after many years away, fresh start new army.
Somewhere between 9 and 10 thousand points of guard/marines already.
>>
File: Emperors_Wrath.png (4MB, 1536x2048px) Image search: [Google]
Emperors_Wrath.png
4MB, 1536x2048px
>>47205137
This.
>>
>>47205198
Ask that in /wip/ or maybe just ask someone for help since you might be retarded
>>
Would Harlequins actually get a meaningful benefit from teaming up with the Ghost Warriors formation? Cover saves seem nice, and Wraithblades give me a durable tarpit to hold down enemies while the Harlequins line up their charge, but footslogging Harles seems... quite dangerous. Would it be worth bringing along Shadowseers to make either the Harles or Wraithblades harder targets, or would that chew up points too quickly?
>>
>>47205137
>>47205195
Have at least 2 'bassies for every 1 you want
>>
>>47204343
Thanks doc
>>
>>47205218
No markerlights.
>>
>go to great pains to keep all of my bases clean, pristine, untouched black
>people throw autistic fits that I don't "base" my models
>>
File: grey knights need shoulder fix.jpg (2MB, 2085x2953px) Image search: [Google]
grey knights need shoulder fix.jpg
2MB, 2085x2953px
>see this picture
>go to save it
>see the writing on the shoulder
>see on the leg "HaveNoFearTh"

Anybody able to fix this up?
>>
>>47205567
>meme is known
>>
>>47205218
AV 12, if you don't buy any EMP grenades.

You'd be better off bringing an Ethereal, a Cadre Fireblade, then bringing a bunch of Firewarrior squads. You could get Shas'uis with Marker drones to help in that area, and Missile Pod turrets to help against light vehicles and the like.

Pathfinders would be a good inclusion as well, both for Markerlights and special weapons.

It's a surprisingly solid basis for an army.
>>
>>47205567
they probably do that on purpose to just annoy tzeentch daemons who can't resist correcting grammar mistakes
>>
>>47205218
stuck at 6"+D6 movement
>>
>>47205567

>english on GK armour

I will never forgive GW
>>
>>47205660
They do both. High Gothic is English + Latin, it's always been like that.
>>
>>47205567
I asked my mate to do it, he just laughed, he said he'll fix it soon. We see what happens.
>>
>>47205789
It'd be closer than minmaxing. Only 'positive' that Orks have is the Stealth Cadre is relatively useless against them (it isn't, but it isn't worth it).
>>
File: Pirate Ork.png (266KB, 400x521px) Image search: [Google]
Pirate Ork.png
266KB, 400x521px
>>47205810
Datz right ya ta-ow, ya fink yer so smart usin' yer fancy tricks to hit our back armour cuz it's only a 10 but guess what? Da jokes on you cuz our front armour wuz already 10 at da front so yer done wasted ya time ya silly grotz!
>>
>>47206060
>>47206060
>>47206060

Move on over boys
>>
>>47206077
Kill yourself, my man
>>
>>47205789

Tau, Eldar, Necrons, and Imperial Knights are the only armies where you can pick at random and still have a strong army. For the first three, while they may not be filled to the brim with OP units, they still have very few truly bad units, so true random won't pick you a billion Storm Guardians or Pathfinders or something like that. You'd land on enough good or decent units to build a workable list. IK is obvious why.

Armies like Marines and Daemons are OP but only because they carefully avoid taking shitty units.
>>
>>47206113
>Why don't you use the meme image for the OP! REEEEEEEE
>>
>>47206173
No, it's the fact it's only 21 posts over autosage and this isn't anywhere near disappearing.
>>
>>47206192
Who really gives a shit?
>>
>>47206203
Mods do, often. They consider it duplicate posts/spamming.

Also, the other thread has just got RP in it.
>>
>>47206238
i'm surprised we don't see more threads banned or killed on tg
>>
wow new thread at 300 posts, huh. With some shitty image.

I hope people stay in this one and we make a tru general after this one dies.
>>
Reposting from the other general, just noticed that this one was still here.

Anyone know what paints I'd need for a skeleton themed Tyranid army?

For the fleshy bits I'll use red/pinkish colors to represent bone marrow, and Abaddon Black with a dot of another color for the eyes, maybe Zandri Dust for the feathering on the carapace(?), and Agrax Earthshade for shading.

Don't know what I'd need for a bone color, or what other colors I'd need.
>>
>>47206542
Kill yourself
>>
Does anybody have the latest rules for the Renegades and Heretics army?

I can only find the old ones
>>
>>47206581
i work a shitty retail job, that's punishment enough
>>
File: image.gif (339KB, 200x100px) Image search: [Google]
image.gif
339KB, 200x100px
>>47206542
>trolling, shitposting, baiting or any other adolescent waste of time on 4chan

Bro you're killing it!
>>
>>47206606
I work at Starbucks. Beat that.
>>
Why can foot Exalted Flamer's not buy Gifts? The mounted ones can.
>>
>>47206803
Cause Exalted Flamers are made 'special' by getting a mount. The mount is a reward, so they can call on stuff.
>>
>>47206870
But Buttfuck McGee Pink Horror Sergeant can buy a Lesser. Is he really a more favored servant than an Exalted Flamer?
>>
>>47206777
woah, woah. you got me beat. i also admit that i lied, but i have waffled back and forth supporting both sides by making images

>>47206803
it was a quick copy/paste job
>>
>>47206918
Probably because Exalted Flamer's can buy better if they're mounted, but they're not worth giving any (in the eyes of Tzeentch) if they're on the ground. They have to earn it.

Fuck knows anon, ask Games Workshop on normiebook, they answer rule questions now and include in FAQ if they're relevant. This is the first time GW has ever included the community in rules/FAQ so don't ignore it. Just make a fake one if you've not got one.
>>
>>47201125
If you kill it, they win.
>>
"Roboute Guilliman.
Guilliman the tactician.
Guilliman the warrior.
History will remember the Primarch of the Ultramarines by many titles. To us of the Blood he
will have only one – Guilliman the butcher.
With law and edict, Guilliman ripped the heart from the Legions. Even his own sons were not
spared his treachery. Where Horus had sought to use a hammer blow, Guilliman used a
duellist's blade. In the end, the result was the same.
Brother became cousin. Cousin became exile.
Guilliman's new chapter, his new beginning, was a sundering to all that
had come before.
Stripped of honour and tithe, of history and deed, we were all of us undone.
Bastards of war and victory, we were Angels no more."

Damn FTs, maybe you are worthy of more than being a taxi service that doesn't even work anymore?
>>
>>47207123
Where is this from?
>>
>>47207123
The first chapter master of the Flesh Tearers Nassir Amit.

>who wielded dual chainfists with in-built bolters
>>
>>47207330
>dual chainfists with in-built bolters

I didn't know I wanted this, but I do.
>>
>>47207123
>was a sundering to all that had come before
because what came before didn't fucking work
what came before got your primarch killed, you dunkass

you'd think people who have to live with actual visions of sanguinius's final moments would realize that the whole warmaster/legion system kinda fucked everything up
>>
File: Chapter_Master_Amit.jpg (53KB, 750x568px) Image search: [Google]
Chapter_Master_Amit.jpg
53KB, 750x568px
>>47207350
'ere you go.
>>
File: Amit's_Termi_Armour.jpg (425KB, 950x736px) Image search: [Google]
Amit's_Termi_Armour.jpg
425KB, 950x736px
>>47207123
>Nassir Amit's Terminator Armour, re-forged at Guiliman's request, this armour was meant to honour the reformation of the Second Founding Chapters.

>reforge this faggots armor
>he shit talks you
>>
>>47207386
They had no Primarch to voice their concern about this whole codex thing.
>>
>>47201646
>Writing fiction holds literally zero interest for me

Yet, here you are, pretending to be a player who can "just run whatever you want" because forging a narrative is "autistic."

Troll better.
>>
>>47207123
>>47207178
It's from "Flesh of Cretacia".

>>47207386
The Blood Angels rescued the Imperial Palace. It was they who chased the Chaos hordes off the planet. They're just mourning Sangunius and Girlyman goes "lol break up time :^)"
>>
>>47207439
Thanks.
>The Blood Angels rescued the Imperial Palace. It was they who chased the Chaos hordes off the planet. They're just mourning Sangunius and Girlyman goes "lol break up time :^)"
I bet he took away our megadakka body pillows.
>>
>>47207457
They took away our Lightsabers. I don't know why they did. Bastards.

>>47207372
>>47207350
Always been a great idea, but the rulebook blocks you from doing it. You can replace powerweapon with a Chainfist for 20 points, but you can't replace the Stormbolter with one. That also doesn't include bolters. They're essentially trying to make a Calagar type player for FT... then he dies. Seth is a cool replacement. I wish FT could take two Chainfists, but I don't think they can.

I suppose you could take two and pretend one is a Thunderhammer.
>>
File: NotSureIf.jpg (65KB, 250x250px) Image search: [Google]
NotSureIf.jpg
65KB, 250x250px
>>47203119
>covers the face
>the only area w fine detail
>dozens of microscopic GS bits

Why
>>
>>47203739

Fucking moar!
>>
>>47203937
>no bases

Is this a WHW display?
>>
>>47204147
>soldier
>never heard of a gun barrel

That's a blammin'.
>>
File: OhGodTheColours.jpg (148KB, 1728x1080px) Image search: [Google]
OhGodTheColours.jpg
148KB, 1728x1080px
>>47204189

Jervis Johnson explained - and I swear that I'm not making this story up - that the reason he broke his promise to deliver a 3rd edition Codex: Space Dorfs was this:

No one in the studio wanted to do the work to make it happen at the time.

It was just apathy. I shit you not.

The lesson we learned was that popular - even beloved - factions could be rendered obsolete by simple omission at GW, and that no matter the facts, the GWIDF would simply start hilariously claiming that the latest Squatting was caused by waning sales volumes.

They did the same thing when 4th ed CSM volumes fell through the floor and when Age of Smegmar rid the company of its untrademarkable - and thus, presumably, worthless - FB factions. These decisions had nothing to do with balance or continuity or even economics, and everything to do with taking the cheapest, laziest route to achieve short-term goals based on equal parts ignorance and apathy.

As the fursona recolour said,
"Nothin' personnel, kid."

tl;dr: GW is a stupid, scummy little company, but someone at Notts likes Ogryn.
>>
File: 1443041153174.gif (941KB, 350x280px) Image search: [Google]
1443041153174.gif
941KB, 350x280px
>>47208123
>4th csm

why must you remind me of that?
>>
File: 800px-Death_Company_Terminator.jpg (104KB, 800x412px) Image search: [Google]
800px-Death_Company_Terminator.jpg
104KB, 800x412px
Is there any way to run a pure deathwing army? I love termie armor and want my armor to have a bunch.
>>
>>47208224
*army to have a bunch.
>>
>>47208224
Unbound.
>>
>>47208224
>death company in terminator armour
Didnt know i needed this until now
>>
>>47207820

Yeah it is.
>>
>>47208123
>t. GW Hater Who Keeps Following A Company He Hates

Did you know a sign of autism is not leaving/stopping/backing away from things which upset you?

Funny, huh?

>economics
>completely destroys that by saying it has everything to do with cheapest

Well guess what, that's part of economics, so is 'short-term goals'.

Pathetic shitposting attempt by somebody so autistic they can't help but shitpost about something they hate on a British Indian Ocean Territory Lamp-Shade Aficionados forum.
>>
File: WE_Red_Butchers_Terminator.jpg (444KB, 635x897px) Image search: [Google]
WE_Red_Butchers_Terminator.jpg
444KB, 635x897px
>>47208314
>>
>>47208314
I want more death company units. Stick those crazies in whatever we've got.
>>
>>47208416
>>47208314
There aren't any DC Terminators for some daft reason. My guess is they're the next unit for BA, along with maybe a unique flyer.
>>
>>47208424
They wouldn't even need to make a whole new box, just a transfer sprue for the existing BA termies.
>>
>>47208480
That's true. The question would be, fluff wise, would BA be constantly happy to allow Termies to go RAAAAAAAEGGGGG on them?

Looking at the models. DC do have different looking shit. However I think that can be solved by making a single sprue for different Shoulder Pads.
>>
>>47208617
Deep strike DC Assault Termies directly into enemy ranks, point troops towards the screaming/fountains of blood.
>>
>>47208617
Not like they can stop the black rage i mean only 2 people have been able to control it and one of them became like an uber psyker
>>
>>47208769
I think what they might do though is take the person out of the Terminator armor and put them in a normal Black Company squad.
>>
>>47208928
That makes too much sense for the imperium to do it though.
>>
>>47208928
You may be right, anyways im trying to come up for rules for death company terminators i assume it would just be upgraded assault terminators
Thread posts: 372
Thread images: 72

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.