[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Warhammer 40k General

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 362
Thread images: 46

File: 1462387906183.png (1MB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
1462387906183.png
1MB, 1024x768px
You can have a wallpaper thread at >>>/wg/ edition

>Rules databases
https://mega.co.nz/#F!pFgm0RKR!J06C1gVYcjzNGsF8YNLsjQ
https://kat.cr/warhammer-40k-pdf-library-t9575373.html

>FAQs
http://www.games-workshop.com/en-GB/Rules-Errata

>40k 7th edition quick reference sheet(s)
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/4104995/Games/7edRef_V7.pdf

>Forgeworld Book index
http://www.dakkadakka.com/wiki/en/Forge_World_and_Apocalypse_Rules_Index

>White Dwarves
https://www.mediafire.com/folder/tx4hcy4u487pv/WD

>Novels (Working link as of 02/02/2016)
https://mega.nz/#F!wx4BiKhD!YhnAf1BqSmAB8dO6xDM56Q
>>
File: images (7).jpg (36KB, 337x436px) Image search: [Google]
images (7).jpg
36KB, 337x436px
>>47195567
First for the Emperor

This thread belongs to the Emperor
>>
File: artsfon.com-36942.jpg (946KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
artsfon.com-36942.jpg
946KB, 1920x1080px
Imperial Fists is boarding this thread. Prepare to purge in the name of the Emperor.
>>
Death to the false thread! And all of its slaves!
>>
What should I roll my lord of change on?
I'm thinking one each on divination/melefic/tzeentch.
>>
>>47195675
Best powers I got for my chaos psyket were the teleporting one and the d vortex. That game was fun.
>>
>>47195675
Never Tzeench, go malefic summon unlimited soldiers
>>
File: 5WTOwHQ.jpg (504KB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
5WTOwHQ.jpg
504KB, 3264x2448px
I am Kroot
>>
Do any of you guys believe in Unpainted Model Syndrome? I just tried out my Raven Guard against my friends Sisters and got curb stomped.
>>
File: 1462709540533.jpg (1MB, 2432x3488px) Image search: [Google]
1462709540533.jpg
1MB, 2432x3488px
Since the other one got deleted

Are orks a bad choice for a first time painter? They seem like they'd be a bit more involved, I love them though.
>>
>>47195795
new model syndrome is more frequent

>the first time a model is fielded, especially if it has been painstaking converted and painted, it will do legendarily poorly
>>
>>47195805
If you love them then go for them.
>>
>>47195805
space marines are not as easy as they look either. While they do have a lot of large flat surfaces, the newer kits especially have some very fine details as well
>>
>>47195675
Yea tzeentch sucks wich is too bad but summon spam is a viable strategy if you have the models.
>>
>>47195844
Hurray a mod doing mod things
>>
>>47195839
>>47195818
Honestly my biggest concern isn't simply painting. I'm really in the dark on how to prepare all the paints and "Prime" the model or whatever they call it with a coat before painting. Thinning and stuff
>>
>>47195805
Nha man easy to do something nice for a beginner but they have so many good conversion opportunity an advanced painter can do something really great with them as well. One of the guys at my local game shop plays orks and I swear his models are pure art.
>>
>>47195881
Well shit son, watch their tutorials.
>>
>>47195901
GW's? I'll have to if that's what you mean. I'm not sure I'd play, don't even think there are any open hobby shops here anymore. Just want to try making a model, might buy one of those ork bikes or maybe the truck in November
>>
>>47195881
Yea I get you had the same problem as I started worst case scenario ask at your local game shop I asked at games workshop the first time I went in there and one of the guys showed me how to prime and paint the models. Otherwise online tutorials and youtube is your best bet.
>>
>>47195881
It's a lot easier than it sounds. Watch some tutorials, wet your brush, and just be careful to not glop on paint.
>>
>>47195909
The only GW is like an hour away. Pretty sure all the hobby game stores around here have closed down or are like bare bones empty places
>>
>>47195881
Priming is usually done with a spray can. Use spray primers intended for miniatures, not for cars or something. Shake the can very throughly, and use as directed.

Thinning the paints involves using a pallet and some water. Even just a piece of plastic or some wax paper will do. Getting the ratio of paint to water just right takes some practice, but your should get the hang of it quickly enough.

No matter what you are doing, remember the these three things:
>Two thin coats is better than one thick one
>Always be as neat as you can
>In case you want to try again, dip the model in 91% isopropyl alcohol for a few minutes and scrub with an old toothbrush to remove everything but the primer

>>47195907
Look up "Duncan Rhodes"

Yes he is a GW employee, but the tutorials he does are very clear and he makes things look super easy.
>>
>>47195907
Naaaaah, just buy one of their starting boxe with like 3 SM the paints and the brush included, there's everything you need in there. And yes, do watch Duncan's tutorials. They're here for a reason. Watch a lot of them before starting and then saying that it doesn't work.Take your time and don't rush it.
>>
>>47195942
He does videos on Warhammer TV then? Seen him a few times
>>
>>47195952
yes he does, though he also have another person who does the videos when Duncan is tired or unavailable
>>
>>47195922
my GW is like an hour away as well
it's still fun to go there and paint or play some games on weekends
and priming aint hard , as anon said watch the tutorials or just go to your local gw once and ask the store manager to explain it to you (also imperial primer is shit , either get the spray can or use abbadon black )
>>
>>47195997
>Use abaddon black

Vallejo black primer is better suited for that. Plus dropper bottle, small price for huge quantity and works really well. Just need to shake it before using it.
Only Vallejo product I use though.
>>
>>47195997
Yea that's an important one imperial primer is shit. Never buy it
>>
>>47196023
I haven't tried vallejo spraycans, but I quite like GW's Corax White

A la carte, GW paints are almost the same per milliliter as Vallejo. Both paints are also very good, but GW are probably more beginner friendly thanks to the super opaque base paints the shade paints such as nuln oil being really really good. GW Averland Sunset is such a pretty color.

GW paint sets come with a brush while Vallejo paint sets come with more paints. Which is the better deal depends on how much you use the extra paints.

Vallejo droppers are really hard to shake up, but you can pull the dropper tip off and put a plastic bead in the paint bottle and it makes them suddenly much easier to shake.
>>
>>47196023
I dont like the Vallejo primer. Its got a weird viscosity and it seems like its a little thicker than spray primer. Ive used pretty much everything there is, and Citadel abaddon black is by far the best. In my opinion.
>>
>>47195782
thats awesome. make an April and that white trash dude that helps the turtles.
>>
>>47196085
Oh no, I use their black BRUSH primer. Thsi one works perfectly, no problem with shaking it. I don't have a spray can friendly environment, plus I like priming with a brush.
>>
>>47195810

>chaos codex with dinobots just came out
>fugging love me some dinobots
>get a forgefiend, paint that bitch
>first game is against IG
>he fires his demolisher on some units I had quite close to the forgefiend
>it scatters on my forgefiend
>pens, np I got a 2+ cover due to night fighting and shit
>fail
>it explodes in 1 hit

Yeah that sucked
>>
>>47196124
>that white trash dude

At least mention his hockey stick and mask, sheesh.
>>
>>47195795

SoB are a stronger army than vanilla marines if you're not using any good units. They have 1 lower toughness but all their guns are S8 AP1 and they cost less points than you and bring bigger guns with Exorcists and Doms.

Try using any of the first turn assault formations RG/Skyhammer has, or a Battle Company, or grav, or spamming long range firepower like quad mortars or LC devs, or using flyers.
>>
>>47196161

Or psykers.
>>
So why do people here like the youtube channel tabletop tactics? The main guy just seems like a douche that brings the hardest lists to the table. Almost every battle report it's clear who is going to win from the beginning. Plus the camera work is just shoddy in my opinion.
>>
>>47196198
>it's clear who is going to win from the beginning.
>ork vs tau
>loser gets hit in the face with a pie
>young kid is playing tau
geee wiz batman i wonder who's going to get hit in the face with a pie
>>
>>47195805
Orks aren't that hard to paint. If you're worried about the skin, it can be as simple as a flat green layer with a slosh of green shade over it
>>
>>47196214
Well Quirk is just shit at the game. He loses every single time. Lee>Steve>Dave>Josh>Quirk>Matt. Too bad Lee is the relegated painter. As far as channels go Winters SEO is the best in my opinion, then geeks40k, and then miniwargaming jay.
>>
>>47195805
Aren't these more aimed at kids?

Why wouldn't I go for a start collecting box and some separate paints brushes, when I'd wanna start into the hobby
>>
>>47196198
I like Fritz (WayOfSaimHann) and Adam (Tabletop Minions)
>>
File: image.jpg (827KB, 2448x3264px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
827KB, 2448x3264px
This is the CSM list I want to play. Everythings painted but a rhino and the Knight. Im on the fence about prioritizing these two kits so I can play this list at 1850. Is this a horrible idea?

Renegade Knight- double gatling, ironstorm missile pod

Sorcerer- ML 3, (4++)
Cultists x10
Cultists x10

Terminators x5 Combi-meltas, Powerfists, Land Raider

Plague Marines x5- rhino
Plague Marines x5- rhino

Spawn x4- MoN

Pradator- Autocannon, HB sponsons, Havoc Launcher, Combi-bolter, Extra Armor

Havocs x7- rhino, Plasma x4, Combi-plasma

I can swap the Land Raider for a DreadClaw and another 130 points to spend. Or drop the LR and the Predator for a GUO and 2 troops.

>mostly unrelated wip
>>
>>47196317
can't stand fritz, he's like /tg/ in video form, but I love adam.
>>
>>47196315
those boxes are aimed at kids, but they are still the lowest barrier of entry into the hobby.

I first got into 40k through spending countless hours with space hulk as a kid, but I got into it "for real" when I bought a box of 9 paints, a brush, and 5 push fit space marines.

While the sculpts were terrible, I still have those marines to this day.

>>47196325
Did you account for the Terminator Champion's wargear arbitrarily costing more points?
>>
>>47196347
How do you feel about Gamza? I used to watch a lot of his videos but then he started doing this half assed terrain series
>>
>>47196350
Yeah I have some wiggle room, Im not really focused on optimization or wise choices. Just wondering if its complete suicide with no hope whatsoever.. Fuck it, its def a waste of time. I'll just use Daemons with the Renegade Knight.
>>
>>47196380
I like some of his terrain idea stuff, maybe about half, but a lot of it is just terrible. Normally don't watch him because of that annoying shit he does with his voice.
>>
>>47196396
>>47196380
also going back. fritz is okay, but only when I'm painting or doing something else. I just hate concentrating on what he's saying too much.
>>
>>47196432

Fritz's 5E videos were cool. He would take out his GK or red Black Templars and play with them on a table or in front of a ruin while teaching you the basics.

Now it's just a still photo and rambling.
>>
>>47196198
because the players are competent and generally know their rules, and in a way helps with tournament prep, as opposed to the jaggoffs at MWG who know no rules properly and suffer under matt's oppressive mormon rule. striking scorpion is okay but just fucking drones on and on about minutiae
>>
File: 40k.jpg (41KB, 771x494px) Image search: [Google]
40k.jpg
41KB, 771x494px
>>47196198
Well for the most part he goes up against similar competitive style lists, that's just the style of gameplay he does on his channel. That's probably why people here like him, as /tg/ is heavily involved in the meta/competitive side of 40k. Also:
>Beautiful armies
>Pretty good scenery
>Shows just the right amount on camera
>No autism/awkwardness during games (cough MWG cough)
>>
How out of place would it be for a Cabal of Dark Eldar to make a deal with Harlequins to get soul stones in return for fucking up Chaos cults and shit? That are DE militant or just a bunch of hedonists?

I'm not sure if my army's fluff would make sense.
>>
File: Necron_Cover_Art.jpg (25KB, 250x334px) Image search: [Google]
Necron_Cover_Art.jpg
25KB, 250x334px
How do you personalize a Necron army whilst keeping it close to the fluff? It seems like every bit of the fluff I know makes them less likely to be unique in any way.
>>
>>47196818
Why you do this, anon? GW devs spent HOURS writing the fluff and then you say that EVERY piece of the fluff is trying to make them less unique?

Have you opened the Necron 7th ED codex and read the descriptions of the dynasties? HAVE YOU? No, you didn't. They were written down to give you ideas how to personalize your necron army but despite GW pouring their handwork in writing all of that, you didn't put the effort to read and appreciate their work.

You ungrateful bastard!
>>
>http://www.blacklibrary.com/prod-home/prod-home-bl/ciaphas-cain-box.html
http://www.blacklibrary.com/prod-home/prod-home-bl/complete-ciaphas-cain-ebundle.html

The Ciaphas Cain bundle has been released. Hurry and get yours. There are only 500 copies and they are selling quick.

And don't forget to buy Cain's official mug.

http://www.blacklibrary.com/merchandise/merch-mugs/ciaphas-cain-mug.html
>>
>>47196882
Carnac plz go.
>>
>>47196818
> 3rd edition route
Even though Necron Lords from these times are mostly devoid of emotions and style, they still have their own personal touches such as their ranks (Bronze -> Silver -> Gold -> Platnium -> Ctan) and own fears and thoughts. In the campaign for Medusa, when the Necron lord failed the Deceiver decided to punish him by trapping him in a warp storm, and for once felt fear. They also used approximations of humans in their armies (Pariahs, spies, etc) since it was hinted their main weapon against Chaos was not only the Pylons on Cadia, but humanity as well, basically making humans an effective counter weapon against Eldar with the Pariah gene against psykers and the swarminess and nob like Space Marines against Orks.

> 5th edition route

Basically each Necron army is part of a kingdom run by robo-liches who want

A) To get back their fleshy bits
B) Revel in their insanity
C) Conquer the galaxy and remake their ancient empire
D) Think they're 3rd edition Necrons

This allows for most customization for fluff and color scheme.

> FW Route

A combination of both 3rd and 5th.
>>
>>47196901
>D) Think they're 3rd edition Necrons

Impossible.

>A combination of both 3rd and 5th.

I don't understand why people think Maynarkh are Oldcrons. Nothing in their fluff points at it. This just shows gross misunderstanding of the Newcrons and the storytelling of the book.
>>
>>47196895
Not before you buy the damn mug.
>>
>>47196882
>only the first 3
>85 bucks
fuck off
>>
>>47196916
Sorry, it's been a while since I've read Necron lore. Could you explain why option D is impossible, I could have sworn it was possible.
>>
>>47196927
because the lore in codexes is super cereal and cant be gone against ever
this guys a fucking goof
do what you want mang, its your dudes
>>
So how good are flyers for DE? What are some AA options for them?

>>47196938
Not that Anon, >>47196818, but I'm still curious on why it would be impossible.
>>
>>47196927
Oldcrons worshiped and served the C'tan.

The Newcron makes that extremely unlikely with fluff like Anti-C'tan protocols, most shards being feral and mindless, the intelligent shards being too stunted mentally to take control of Necron tech. Most stories involving freed shards has them destroying the Necrons around them and then fleeing into the stars rather than taking control.

There isn't a single mention of Necrons serving C'tan for the past 4-5 years since the release of the Newcrons. It appears that GW has pretty much killed that option.
>>
>>47196938
I have nothing against headcanon, you doofus.

Just stating that Oldcron style Necrons in the new lore is in the same boat as loyalist female marines, fluffwise.
>>
>>47196963
>>47196974
>>47196944
Am that >>47196818 Anon. I didn't even know about Newcrons. I literally only know about Oldcrons due to DoW and the Necron guy in this store that apparently doesn't know either or chooses to ignore it.
>>
File: The Shaper of Worlds.png (315KB, 3326x812px) Image search: [Google]
The Shaper of Worlds.png
315KB, 3326x812px
>>47196963
Posting relevant fluff.
>>
>>47197011
Download the 5th ED and 7th ED Necron codex and start reading. This should be your first action if you wanted to learn how to personalize your Necrodudes,
>>
>>47195805
>Ork boss in mega armour
Wait hold up, was that a thing? I thought the black reach warboss was in 'eavy armour.
>>
People who work at my local GW are fucking weird desu, especially the manager.
>>
>>47197038
Shhh....
>>
>>47197027
Cheers
>>
File: Revenge.png (253KB, 2248x842px) Image search: [Google]
Revenge.png
253KB, 2248x842px
>>47197015
>>
>>47196882
>Which probably accounts for my fondness for a body of work of which I continue to be proud. Without the redoubtable Commissar, and the characters who surround him, I wouldn’t be the writer I am today. Working for Black Library, and with its exceptionally fine editors, developed my craft and my confidence in a way all authors should experience, and which far too few do. I’m getting the itch to return to his adventures, and looking forward to hearing what he’s got to say for himself when he starts to dictate the next portion of his memoirs.

-Sandy Mitchell

He (or she?) are implying that there will be a new Cain series in the future. You guys happy about this?
>>
>>47196974
The 5e codex had a virus in it that basically turned tombworlds into oldcrons. GW built oldcrons as an option into the newcrons.
>>
>Message reads:
>Ignoble scion of a forgotten dynasty, your awakening disturbs the quiet of space, that stillness to which the necrontyr aspire. Your world will be calmed, your minds quieted, your bodies restored to order. The Tesseract Vault and its transcendent shard shall return to Sarkon, that the c’tan may again purge the stars of disquiet. As it was after the Wars of Secession, so it shall again be. Thus decrees the Emperor of the Severed.

>Message ends.

-Cold Steel

It was not a virus. A mad tomb computer took over Necron tomb worlds and erased their minds. The Necron computer acts like a typical Necron lord and is loyal to Necrontyr ideals.

Nothing about it is "Oldcrons". This is skynet bots + Ultron, not lovercraftian-ish robutts.
>>
>>47197209
I was wrong about the virus, but that sounds like oldcrons to me.
> Your world will be calmed, your minds quieted, your bodies restored to order.
> that the c’tan may again purge the stars of disquiet.
Sounds like they're worshipping c'tan, killing all humans and generally acting like oldcrons. It's not full oldcron, but it's got a lot of the hallmarks.
>>
>>47197274
The Sarkoni Emperor is just using the C'tan shard in its quest to make the galaxy a place of silence and order in accordance to its twisted views of Necrontyr ideas.

No, C'tan serving/worship = no Oldcrons.
>>
>>47197150
>He (or she?) are implying that there will be a new Cain series in the future. You guys happy about this?

It's about time. I have no idea why Sandy stopped writing but it's high time he jumped back on the Commissariat wagon and got to work.

Of course, if he'd realized the consequences of that idle remark on the Black Library webpage, I have no doubt that he'd have closed his laptop, shouted "For the Emperor!" and written a Space Marine novella instead. But of course he remained blissfully unaware, and so, fingers honed by a lifetime of typing, set out to once again catalog the stories of a self-confessed rogue and coward.
>>
I know this is a broad question, but what armies are good at close quarters? (Bonus if they are fun and fluffy)
>>
>>47195567
Pls remoov chikin

Tau no need 2 pepels n piktur
>>
Are there any other vehicles capables of dishing so many ridiculous pieplates per turn as the baneblade?
>>
File: 240px-Alpha_Legionnaire.jpg (24KB, 240x394px) Image search: [Google]
240px-Alpha_Legionnaire.jpg
24KB, 240x394px
If I buy chaos cultists from GW, do they come on the sprue in such a way that I can mix and match their pieces with the FW renegade and heretics range? Or do they just come in one piece?

I want to build up a renegade and heretics army over time but first I'm just going to crunch them as mech guard until I have enough models to drown the enemy in disposable troops
>>
>>47197041
The manager in mine is nice, but the other customers give me the heebie jeebies, and I think to my self "what weird folk" then I remember I am a customer... am... am I a weird folk?
>>
File: BLPROCESSED-07-05-codex-daemons.jpg (124KB, 650x823px) Image search: [Google]
BLPROCESSED-07-05-codex-daemons.jpg
124KB, 650x823px
So is this actual content, or is it just old codex with new Bloodthirsters and Fenris stuff added?
>>
>>47197542
The latter.
>>
>>47197549
Well that saves me some money at least
>>
How to play Blood angel death company?
>>
>>47197559
Put the models on the table and follow the rules given in Warhammer 40,000 rulebook.
>>
>>47197479
they aren't one piece but they are snapfit, so there isn't any poseability to them.
>>
File: 1460483224131.gif (988KB, 500x400px) Image search: [Google]
1460483224131.gif
988KB, 500x400px
>>47195782
This post contains too much awesome
>>
Does anyone know of a website that has a good summary of the weapons included in the Imperial Knights box?

A friend and I are splitting one, but we're having a hard time finding information about what is included.
>>
>>47197588
Two guns that can each be battle cannon or thermal
One Avengers Gatling
Two chainswords
One fist
Two hull mount heavy stubbers
One hull mount meltagun
One carapace rocket pod that can be built two ways
One carapace AA gun
>>
>>47197588
One Warden kit and one normal kit. So
1x Gatling Gun
1x Fist
1x Twin Icarus autocannon
1x Missile/rocket-pod
2x Battle Cannon
2x Thermal Cannon
2x Reaper Chainsword
>>
>>47197601
Not quite, you can't build two battle cannons and two thermal cannons so it's not possible to build two knights that both have two guns.
>>
>>47197569
Where do i get a "table"?
>>
>Ethereal
>Cadre Fireblade
>10x Firewarriors
>10x Firewarriors
>3x Stealth Suits
>1x Piranha
>Ghostkeel
>Sniper Team

How is this for 750 points? I mostly picked the models that looked the coolest
>>
>>47197618
Do have a 4x4 or 4x6 table? If so you're good to go. If you only have a smaller table then buy a sheet of wood to go on top.
>>
>>47196317
What about StrikingScorpian? His batreps are good and always cinematic as fuck. I especially love all the terrain I think it looks great.
>>
>>47195675
It depends on what you want really.

I personally never use divination on my tzeentch demons because even though the buffs can be nice it is taking away from the amount of (psychic) shooting you can do.

Malefic has several nice spells ,however; you may find sacrifice below par if you aren't next to some pink horrors and I never really like the infernal gaze.

I usually take Tzeentch if I need to take care of vehicles/terminators and in these cases I'm trying to get bolt of change, Infernal gateway, and prismatic gaze ,also Boon of Flame is one of my favorite spells in the game.

Don't forget that you will need to swap out for a primaris power on any non-change table if you want it since your psychic focus will be flickering-fire of Tzeentch.
>>
>>47197619
>Ethereal
From 7th ed codex?
>Cadre
LOL
>Fire warriors
Which kind?
>Stealth Suits
LOL
>Piranha
Oh, you aren't serious
>Ghostkeel
Underwhelming
>Sniper Team
In 7th ed codex?
>>
>>47195805
Orks were my very first foray into painting, really anything at all. They are actually quite simple to paint, as long as you understand layering and such. It helps that they are green skinned instead of flesh colored, so you have a bit of a leeway in getting the skin right without it looking unnatural.
>>
>>47197662
not him but also starting a tau army

why dont you explain why you think they are bad instead of being a faggot
>>
>>47197708
Because its fucking obvious that all the shit is shit.
Remember the time Riptides existed?
Or Farsight was doing his thing?
You reading the codex with your eyes shut or what?
>>
How many dark lances is there in the dark eldar scrouges box ? In which kit can I find the most ?
>>
File: 1437765544421.jpg (326KB, 768x1024px) Image search: [Google]
1437765544421.jpg
326KB, 768x1024px
>>
>>47197747
Only 1, the Ravager has the most and if you're gaming with them then they should stay on the Ravager
>>
>>47197765
...Welp.
I need five of them for my corsairs heavy weapon team.

What are the others dark eldars special weapons worth, compared to more classics ones like meltas and flamers, by the way ?
>>
>>47197803
Blasters are what you want. They're dark lances with half range but they aren't heavy.
Haywire blasters are pretty cool too but heat lances and shredders are more likely to miss than anything else
>>
>>47197542
They didn't even replace the old format with the new one (big picture of the minis with all the rules underneath).

What a disappointment, that would have been nice.
>>
>>47197737
amazingly, new people that a building armies are new and dont have any context why things are shit or not

but yeah you can continue to be a twat, here's your (you)
>>
>>47197830
Thanks for the infos.
Are blasters better than meltas, when you can have either, thought ? Blasters don't suffer from the half range, but they aren't as efficient agaisnt armor of 12 and below...
>>
What are Gork and Mork?

Chaos Gods?
Old Ones?
A belief system engineered into Ork DNA by the old ones for some reason? Or by accident as a side effect?
Nonexistent entities brought into life by Ork psychic gestalt?
>>
>>47197737
Riptide in 750 points. Great way to have noone to play.
>>
>>47197898
Blob Tau (ie 6th ed tau) is going to get shit on by most mid-tier to one-trick armies like flying nids and guard. Taking units that promote stationary, defensive play while being easy to kill is super redundant considering how many armies can get into your lines within the first turn. Ethereals are basically the kings of defensive play, but they're terrible at staying alive and the Tau player gets punished when they die for no reason. Since Ethereals are a pile of shit, massed fire warriors aren't gonna cut it even in low point games unless they're literally filling points or babysitting a missile drone. Cadre is a fire warrior.

Stealth suits promote defensive play but they have infiltrate for some reason. They also take up an elite slot. Those are for Riptides.

What the fuck is a Piranha even supposed to do? Its exactly like a land speeder with guard in it.

Ghostkeel has its uses, but being able to hit rear armour from all sides means shit all when you can damage those same vehicles from the front or side. Or you can move your model.

Sniper teams used to have a function. Nowadays they don't. Sniper is a fairly shit rule and every single sniping unit in the game would be points better spent elsewhere. Plus, Tau snipers also take up a heavy slot. You could get a skyray or a hammerhead in there and feel much better about it.

Now tell me you actually read all that shit
>>
File: RetributionEliphas2.jpg (233KB, 640x960px) Image search: [Google]
RetributionEliphas2.jpg
233KB, 640x960px
Is there a /tg/ approved set of rules for Eliphas the Inheritor?
>>
>>47197914
Dark eldar meltas are s6 with lance
Blasters don't have melta, but are strength 8 with lance
If you need dark eldar anti-vehicle, use haywire
>>
>>47197955
Welcome to 40k, everyone has ap2 on everything anyway
>>
>>47197619
For a 750 point list it's fun and friendly but it isn't hugely powerful.

You've got two squads of firewarriors. The ethereal and fireblade can both buff them but they aren't mobile so they're just going to sit on your home objective.

The sniper team is okay but nothing special.

The pirahna, ghostkeel and stealth suits are all you have to go and claim or contest objectives but the stealth suits and pirahna are fragile.

If you added another squad of stealth suits then you can use the optimized stealth cadre which uses the ghostkeel to make the stealth suits tougher and more powerful.

Riptides are great and will be a must take in larger games but at low points they won't make you any friends.

I would be tempted to go commander, crisis suits and optimized stealth cadre if you're looking for a strong but not brutal list.
>>
>>47197980
Piranhas are useful to grab far away objectives and to be a nuisance against charging enemies

Stealth Suits are just tax for OSC and Infitlration Cadre.

Ghostkeels (in OSC) are useful because not always the enemy will expose rear armor, nor do we have good long-ranged AT (Railguns don't cut it anymore), and I can use less melta on my Crisis

With the rest I agree with you
>>
>>47197980
>>47198012
>>47198022
This is very helpful, thank you.

Would it be worth taking a devilfish to give one of the squads mobility? Or is the squad not significant enough to actually benefit from the vehicle?
>>
>>47197980
>Taking units that promote stationary, defensive play

correct me if i'm wrong, but isnt that the entire fucking point of the tau?

>ethereal and cadre

Ethereals in 7th ed got buffed, instead of fucking over your entire team leadership wise now you just lose an extra victory point (along with the bonuses the ethereal gives), as long as you keep them out of LoS and have 2 shield drones to add 2 more wounds, you should get enough dakka out in low point games without having to worry too much unless they have a barrage unit to hand

Cadre could be replaced with Darkstrider or whatever he is called, instead of the ethereal buffing the shots of both the FW teams at half range, darkstar could buff one FW team at full range

Riptides in low point games is a fast track way to not have anyone play with you, I'm new to the hobby and even i know that

>but being able to hit rear armour from all sides means shit all when you can damage those same vehicles from the front or side. Or you can move your model.

assuming you can move far enough to hit the sides, if you move too far you also are going to lose out on that stand your ground objective

>Sniper teams used to have a function. Nowadays they don't. Sniper is a fairly shit rule and every single sniping unit in the game would be points better spent elsewhere. Plus, Tau snipers also take up a heavy slot. You could get a skyray or a hammerhead in there and feel much better about it.

>sniper teams and stealth suits

i dont know enough to comment on this and will take your word for it

>Now tell me you actually read all that shit

yes, because while you seem to have something stuck up your ass, there are people that want to get into the hobby and ask for advice
>>
>>47198044
If vespids didn't exist, the devilfish would be the biggest joke in the book
>>
>>47197753
>dat meganob on top of the knight
Glorious.
>>
>>47198058
Devilfish isn't that bad, it's a tough, mobile objsec unit.
>>
>>47198049
This is 7th.
Eldar are more of a thing now than ever before
You think riptide is bad?
>>
>>47198044
At these points the devilish is too big a portion of your army, especially when you can get powerful mobile units elsewhere.

A firewarrior squad plus devilish could be swapped for a good crisis suit squad or a whole bunch or marker drones.
>>
>>47198079
>This is 7th.

yes, and ethereal got buffed in 7th

>Eldar are more of a thing now than ever before

Again i'm new so i dont have any context

>You think riptide is bad?

where the fuck did i say riptide was bad?
>>
>>47198079
If all he has to play against is WAAC eldar he might as well not bother playing at all.
>>
>>47198092
Failure is Not An Option is why ethereal is weak. They still have it.
People play wraithknight at 750 in my local so seeing a riptide isn't that big a deal
>>
>>47198079
Oh, fuck off, not all eldars players spam wraithknights and jetbikes 24/7.
Or are you one of thoses chucklefucks whining scorpions and rangers are OP ?
>>
>>47198092
>yes, and ethereal got buffed in 7th
And nerfed with the FAQ. Its aura doesn't work from inside a transport anymore
>>
>>47198103
>People play wraithknight at 750 in my local so seeing a riptide isn't that big a deal

That sounds terrible. I have seen one of each and both were over 2000pt games. (The riptide might have been around 1500)
>>
>>47198103
yes, the only downside to failure is not an option is that the opponent gains an extra victory point

"all freindly models within 12" of the ethereal use his leadership for all leadership tests

if the ethereal is killed, your opponent gains 1 more vp"
>>
>>47198117
scorpions and rangers?
a friend plays scatter bikes and wraithknight all the time, its a good base for the rest of eldar to build off of...
its beatable when you can actually get the right things down at the right time
just play daemons, he mostly doesn't understand it
>>
>>47198128
Its the only rule left in the game with a downside that can lose you a game
The only other thing i can think of is demonic instability and with the right warlord trait and the daemon decurion it isn't even an issue anymore
>>
>>47198200
sure, but the upside of it is pretty huge, giving things like FW and kroot 10 leadership

in the grand scheme of things, when you have objectives that reward up to 3 vp, sacrificing 1 vp for his pretty cheap cost and pretty good buffs isnt that bad of a trade off, especially when you are starting out
>>
>>47198145
For a lot of armies you'd have to tailor pretty hard to have even a chance outside of luck to deal with a wraithknight and scatbikes at 750.
>>
Haven't played since 5th here.

What the fuck is with formations and detachments and all this shit

What happened to 1-2 HQ, 2-6 Troops, 0-3 everything else?
>>
>>47198299
Formations and Detachments were a brilliant idea.

But brilliant ideas don't last hold for long when there is GW marketing in the middle.
>>
File: LibConclave.jpg (101KB, 720x960px) Image search: [Google]
LibConclave.jpg
101KB, 720x960px
>>47198299
You can still used a Combined Arms Detachment for a battle-forged army list but now there are formations that you can use that are also considered battle-forged.

They may not have an HQ, perhaps they are all vehicles. Read up on their wiki/codex to find out more for faction specifics. They usually have requirements and bonuses.
>>
File: image.jpg (2MB, 3096x1776px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
2MB, 3096x1776px
>>47198299
M8, GW has flipped everything upside down, and every other way. This is a sort of legal list last time I checked.
>>
>>47198145
Sorry champ but friends don't face friends with ScatBikes and WraithKnights.

Especially at lower points.
>>
>>47197614

i literally bought the box today, there is 100% 2 thermal 2 battle
>>
>>47198299
Similar boat to you although I've been playing again for a year or so.

I don't know but they're disgusting. Shoehorns everyone into homogenous armies, completely ruins balance
>>
>>47198299
GW added DLC to a tabletop game.
>>
>>47198299
>What happened to 1-2 HQ, 2-6 Troops, 0-3 everything else?
This still exists (FOC).

However, there's an upper concept called Detachments. Any kind of organized army is called a detachment. A FOC is a kind of detachment, as are formations. You can have as many of them as you want.

You still can't have an allied detachment from the same faction (which is a new concept as well. A faction englobes all armies from a group, like Chaos Space Marines, Black legion and Cromson Slaughter are all from CSM faction) of you warlord's detachment (which can't be an allied detachment by itself)

think detachments as lego bricks. your list is created by joining your chosen bricks.
>>
>>47198355
Whats the issue, here?
>>
>>47198355
What am I looking at
>>
>>47198432
A pretty shitty ~3000+ pt army?
>>
>>47197993

/tg/ doesnt even approve of playing chaos.
>>
How would a Harlequin army fight Necrons?
>>
>>47198508
On the table top?
Poorly

In fluff?
Hit and run harassment and general trickery.
>>
How would a Harlequin army fight against Necroms?
>>
>>47198508
If you manage to snipe the necron bikes, you are half way there.
>>
>>47198520
You really had to repost to add against?
Everyone understood what you meant...
>>
Threadly game design challenge:

Design a new unit for your current army.

Describe the fluff and crunch.
>>
File: 1447694963255.png (268KB, 450x482px) Image search: [Google]
1447694963255.png
268KB, 450x482px
>>47198520
>Necroms

why is this so funny
>>
>>47197542
So is there a torrent somewhere for this yet?
>>
>>47198573
Not that I know of, wouldn't expect one anytime soon. All they did was put all the shit together and threw in some new art.
>>
>>47198556
Ogryn cavalry riding (wierdly) plated rhinoxes. They already do it in the fluff, might as do that in game too and give IG some extra fearsome and cool cavalry.

In game they are basically Bullgryns with +1 S/T/W/A/Sv they gain from their mount for total cost of 70pts. Very fearsome unit that can challenge most melee units in the game due their high toughness, high wounds and potential inv-save.
>>
>>47198355
Not legal at all.

The tigersharks and remoras can only be taken in a CAD and there's no troops or HQ.
>>
>>47198372
Look closer, they share the back half of the gun so you can't build all four at the same time.
>>
>>47198556
I would split CSM in two, not unlike the Tau with their FireWarriors.
Legionnaires and Marauders.

The first are shooty ones we all know and love, with an added "Fury of the Legion"-like ability.

The seconds are melee ones, with pistol and CCW, which can purchase a second pistol or replace both for a Heavy Chainsword.
They can reroll their charges, but if they do so it count as making a Disordered Charge.

In fluff, Legionnaires are just Marines that retain some some kind of discipline and memory of the Great Crusade.
Marauders are better to represent newer and/or more insane Chaos Marines.
>>
File: IK_Army.jpg (1MB, 1920x565px) Image search: [Google]
IK_Army.jpg
1MB, 1920x565px
>>47198372
I am afraid that you are incorrect. The battlecannon and thermal cannon share parts so you cannot build both at once.

>i literally bought the box today
see pic related
>>
>>47198651
>They can reroll their charges, but if they do so it count as making a Disordered Charge.
>Give them a nice thing
>then give it downside
>>
>>47198658

Really isn't a hard magnet job son.
>>
>>47198690
Apparently reading is a hard job on the other hand.
>>
File: malal greater daemon.jpg (85KB, 719x542px) Image search: [Google]
malal greater daemon.jpg
85KB, 719x542px
>>47198556
The return of Malice!
>>
File: ChaosEverywhere.jpg (64KB, 625x475px) Image search: [Google]
ChaosEverywhere.jpg
64KB, 625x475px
>>47198665
>>then give it downside
>>
>>47198690
It's easy to switch between them but it doesn't help you build two renegade knights each with dual gun arms since there's only a total of three gun arms in the box however you magnetize it.
>>
>>47198665
>Give them a nice thing
>then give it downside
Sounds like standard chaos design direction if you ask me desu
>>
File: 1417751085345.jpg (393KB, 656x732px) Image search: [Google]
1417751085345.jpg
393KB, 656x732px
>>47198658

>putting the side guns on the turret instead

Inspired thinking!
>>
File: Malal less.jpg (47KB, 604x395px) Image search: [Google]
Malal less.jpg
47KB, 604x395px
>>47198708
>>
File: PhilKellyBL.jpg (6KB, 181x273px) Image search: [Google]
PhilKellyBL.jpg
6KB, 181x273px
>>47198710
>Chaos is fickle!
>>
>>47198737
It's technically incorrect since its supposed to be a twin linked gun but it looks slightly less retarded.
>>
>>47198665
I like the idea of abilities that aren't hit or miss.

I think it would be cool to have an emergency reroll for the charge.
"Ok, i failed the charge, i can retry but I don't get the extra attack". I think is interesting.

Also, it opens a lot of doors for formations and detachments.
>>
>>47198708
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/554542735/the-pantheon-of-chaos/description
>>
>>47198556
Grey knight bikers armed with forcelances or forceweapons and storm shields.
>>
>>47198796
>tfw my Ravenwing will never joust a Grey Knight over who has the honor of KA-BOOMing Fenris

Why even ride bikes?
>>
>>47197980
>Blob Tau (ie 6th ed Tau)

6th edition Tau was a gunline with 2 Riptides baiting, then jumping away from danger. Most used an Eldar ally since the double Riptide gunline wasnt waac enough.

No such thing as blob Tau anon.
>>
>>47198796
They already have halberds for s+1 ap2, what do lances do?

s+1 ap2 unwieldy unless they charged that turn?
s- ap3 but they cause D3 ap3 HoW hits with force, when charging?
>>
>>47198005
>everyone

I play IG, BA, CSM, and Daemons. None of my armies have an abundance of ap 2.
>>
A terminator-heavy lists a still a terrible meme?
>>
>>47198927
Yes
>>
>>47198927
Not if you're Dark Angels.
>>
>>47198927

Shooty Terminators are fucking awful, and assault terminators are overpriced but can be made to work with a lot of effort.

Look out for those variants which can take heavy weapons in an otherwise assault unit, those ones are pretty handy.

Fist and Stormbolter though? No, fucking awful.
>>
>>47198946

Dark Angels, AKA the only Marine codex that can't field a bound pure terminator list.
>>
>>47195810
Playing Tau, and it has been like this since 4th.

Even the riptide felt absolutely useless at first. Whiffed EVERYTHING and died once to a 10 man squad of shooting from an assault marine unit with bolt pistols after taking 2 wound from 2 nova reactor uses. My opponent was also extremely confused.

And to this day, I field at most one riptide, and I never nova charge. Because I WILL take a wound, even if I have a FNP save.
>>
>>47198946
Deathwing Terminators are better than regular but I sure as shit wouldn't run a full list of them especially with the option of Ravenwing, which are objectively tougher and harder hitting.

Also as >>47198965 said running them as pure means they are going to be a shit or will need Ravenwing on the table to allow for solid deepstriking.

>>47198957
^This guy gets it.
>>
>>47195628
More like fist (sing.)
>>
Bike Mounted Imperial Fists Sucessors called the Imperial Fasts?
>>
>>47198984
You don't understand. A pure Deathwing list will auto-lose because they have to Deep Strike in on Turn 2 or later. They are the only marine codex incapable of running a Bound 100% terminator army.
>>
>>47199013

Daemon-summoning Imperial Fists sucessor chapter called the Imperial Fausts.
>>
>>47197479
The renegade guard are supposed to fit with the cadian pack.

What I suggest you do it just mix a little of both.
>>
>>47199013
Imperial Cuirassiers or Dragoons would make more sense and be somewhat more thematic.
>>
>>47197619
Idk what your meta is, but so long as it isn't a try-hard, WAAC you'll be fine.

I know some people are giving you shit, but fuck 'em. This is a game to have fun with friends.

My only suggestion/comment is that a single piranha won't do much.

And depending on what you want to get out of the hobby. I found getting a Hammerhead and magnetizing it so it can be used as a Devilfish, Hammerhead, or Skyray is alot of fun.

(I like the building aspect of the hobby the most.)
>>
>>47197619
Make sure the piranha has a fusion blaster, same with the ghostkeel. Might wanna toss one in the stealth suits as well.
You've got good firepower, rending and some anti tank sources, solid list.

Also ignore this faggot >>47197662

>>47198005
If you only play in WAAC tourney metas... that's your problem.

>>47198044
At the points value, a devilfish doesn't help you much. At higher points values it's worth considering especially if you want to keep your FW alive.

>>47198556
CSM
Assault rhinos
Rhinos with the top removed
Count as open topped
Because it takes a heretech to innovate
>>
>>47198556
>Gretchin Sharpshootas
>grots that are particularly good shots
>doted on by kommandos and given crude single-shot rifles
>grot statline with stealth, infiltrate and hit and run
>equipped with sharpshootas: sniper rifles with 24" range
>no access to runtherds
>may use the leadership value of a kommando mob within 6''
>5 points each
>>
>>47199162
Love it. Needs models with ghillie suits.
>>
Where the FUCK is the rules for the Assigned Air Case Asset?

I assume it's in some supplement, but it doesn't even fucking say.
>>
>>47199016
Oh damn, never bothered to read into pure DW but they don't even give an option to not start in deep-strike. Thats retarded.
>>
>>47199193
If you spelled it right google would give you the answer.
>>
File: Razorshark1.jpg (56KB, 403x591px) Image search: [Google]
Razorshark1.jpg
56KB, 403x591px
>>47199193

1 Flyer. No bonuses. The only purpose, like assigned drones, is to give you a free flyer slot to fill the requirements for the Taucurion. Cheaper than a full auxiliary formation.
>>
>>47197980
>What the fuck is a Piranha even supposed to do? Its exactly like a land speeder with guard in it.
Okay faggot.

A piranha costs what, 40 points? And comes with 2 gun drones. Those costs 14 points a piece. Thats, 28 points.

But sure, if 12 point landspeeders are shit, then you are right.
>>
>>47198875
Not an expert on lances but from my Guard and Skitarii experience they tend to boost I and give extra S on charges on top of their normal damage buff. And no unwieldy in further rounds of combat. Because fuck reason. Taser lance on the Skitarii chicken walker is fucking noice.
>>
>>47197980

Piranhas is one of the best sources for S 5 AP 5 in the arsenal. It's rather cheap and comes with drones. You can also block the line of sight of enemy units with them, like an advancing wall of death or block the exit points of an enemy APC. Since their frontal armor is 12, they are invulnerable to the typical bolter weapon.
>>
>>47198556
Admech
>dual kit
option A is a medium transport, has a turret with a template version of the vanguard cancerguns. Can replace with twin-linked versions of the Skitarii special weapons or a phosphor something or other. May add an additional turret with same options.
may add sponsons with TL heavy phosphor blasters.
May add an observation deck, in which case it gains the chariot unit type in addition to its other types and gains a tech-priest overseer, who doles out some buffs (prob. either stubborn ir morale rerolls within X inches) and replaces the vehicles BS with his own.
Can replace overseer with a Dominus who was purchased separately.
Transport capacity is ten. Ignore the observation deck passenger.
May take an upgrade to ignore the bulky special rule for the purposes of transport. If purchased, vehicle may only carry sicarans. (this would be modeled as a bunch of racks/shelves holding folded up Infiltraitors/Rust Stalkers with a servo arm to grab them and fling them out in place of the seats.)

>Option B
comes with the observation deck stock, no transport capacity, open topped
the front ramp it replaced by a wide open section with a mass of mechadendrites. It's a weapon that inflicts d6 hits during a tank shock or makes 2d6 attacks at I1 in close combat(weapon skill of the chariot rider). Instead of rolling to wound, each hit is a strength check. A failed check is a wound at ap2.
for each model removed as a casualty by this weapon, roll a dice. on a 4+, place a servitor armed with a servo arm within 6 inches of the rear "access point". If possible, the servitor must be placed into unit coherecy with an existing unit of servitors, counting as a member of that unit for the rest of the game. Otherwise, place it where you wish and treat it as a new unit. These Servitors are non-scoring and do not count as a kill point.
Servitors that are within the observation deck"s buff range do not mind lock.
Same weapon options as transport version.
>>
>>47198875
s+1 ap3 on charge, s:user ap4 otherwise.

They are pathetic.
>>
So do I have to take a hunter cadre to be battleforged, or is it just an optional additional formation?

The wording on formations and detachments is really confusing.
>>
>>47199311
Are you doing a Dawn Blade or Hunter Contigent Detatchment?

Hunter contingent has to choose Hunter Cadre Core choice to be legal.

Dawn Blade can chose either a Hunter cadre or Retaliation cadre as Core choice.
>>
>>47198556
Eldars
Master warlock
Basically a frontline farseer, like the 2ed warlocks used to be.
Heavy aspect armor to complement his runic armor, some kind of real melee weapon, and psychics powers both offensives and to buff himself and in squad into melee. Possibly with some kind of bonus chosen from the warrior path he followed.
Basically an eldar character able to do something in melee, outside of the scorpion exarch and the specials characters.
>>
>>47199311
There are 5 kinds of detachments. Options 2-5 are all Battle-forged.
1. Unbound - pick whatever you want. Have no special rules.
2. FOC - the classical 1-2xHQ, 2-6xTroops, 0-3xOthers. Warlord can re-roll Warlord Trait and Troops get Objective Secured.
3. Allied - can't be from the same faction of your Warlord's, classical 1xHQ, 1-2xTroops, 1xOthers. Troops get Objective Secured.
4. Formations - any kind fo closed group of units. Bonuses vary.
5. 'Decurion'-styled - it's named like that because Necrons' Decurion was the first one. It's what you want to build, as it seems.
This kind of detachment requires a Core formation and at least 1 Auxiliary Formation; they can also grab some number of Command formations.
Tau has access to 2 'Decurion'-styled detachments: Hunter Contigent (codex, Kauyon) and Dawn Blade (Mont'ka, Farsight). Both can have a Hunter Cadre formation as their Core choice, but Dawn Blade has access to Retaliaon Cadre as another Core option. They have different Auxiliary options, so pay heed to the book.
Some formations from 'Decurion'-styled detachments do not have a datasheet (ex: Drone Network); this means that other detachments cannot take them.
>>
>>47199380
Are you saying Witchblade/Singing Spear aren't "Real" weapons?
>>
>>47199353
Fuck, my brain.

Sorry, Hunter contingent is what I meant.

Do I have to take one, in order to be battleforged as Tau? Is it my only option (aside from dawn blade obviously)?
>>
>>47199404
There's also the CAD, Dawn Blade or regular formation options.
>>
>>47198875
> Halberds
> AP2
I fucking wish
>>
How bad would it be if I took two Reclamation legions to a 1k point game?
>>
>>47199402
THANK YOU

Christ that makes it so much easier to understand.

What formations are available to Tau? Formations are a different thing from the options under the "decurion" detachments in the codex (like optimized stealth, retaliation, etc), right? Or are formations universal?
>>
>>47199403
I know you wound on 2+ and can do decently agaisnt tanks, but I swear sometimes they could well be rubber bats for all they do against anything slightly armored.
>>
>>47197980
>blob Tau
>cant see viability of anything but suit units and Stormsurges

I mean this from the very bottom of my heart anon- kill yourself.
>>
>>47199425
Literally satanic Hitler, just stand on all the objectives and laugh.
>>
>>47199441
On the other hand there's the diresword, ap 2 but s3
>>
>>47196292

Now Quirk doesn't do that bad.

Also remember he is playing Orks.

>>47196755

> meta/competitive side of 40k

Which is really kind of a joke.
>>
>>47199433
Always happy to help another Shas'O.

'Formation' is an universal kind of detachment comprised of a group of units, most of the time under a thematic motif. Some formations give bonuses to all units inside it, while others give only to a specific one.

All 7th Tau books (new codex, Mont'ka, Kauyon and Farsight Enclaves) have the formations available to Tau, as Death from the Skies (we're expecting more with Imperial Armour 14).

The options under 'Decurion' are Formations. In a way, they are what units are to a FOC.

For Hunter Contingent, you need the new Codex or the old one (6th) + Kauyon book.
>>
>>47196198
Because it's like democracy, worst thing ever, except for all the others that are far worse.
>>
>>47199487
Well, he could also keep a more or less basic weapon that he could overcharge with psychics powers ? PA4 or rending Witchblade, turn PA2 for 1WC ?
>>
>>47199523
I fucking understand. Thanks, anon.
>>
I thought of the perfect Tyranid exterminatus that doesn't involve devouring the planet

"The planet has been covered heavily in defenses, while there are signs of biomass that can be consumed. The effort to breach the defenses have been proven futile by the Hive Mind. Several Hive ships turned to the planet as if to plan for an invasion. Opening several orifices, it seems it would drop the dreaded spores to the surface. Out of it was a sludge of green waste matter and byproducts deemed unfit for either consumption or for creating new warriors. The acid and waste rained from the sky like a putrid rain of death. Melting away at the defenses of world as the planet was soon drenched in the foul mixture of waste. The natives would never believe the Tyranids would actually exterminate them, to remove them completely from the genepool as their bodies rotted away from the fetid waste."

TL;DR: Tyranids takes a shit on a planet, everybody dies.
>>
>>47199592
For what purpose

What advantage does this carry over eating everything (including your own units that died trying to eat things)
>>
>>47199380

I'll drink to that, always wanted to be able to attach Warlocks to my aspects.

80 points
WS5 BS4 S3 T3 A2 I6 W3 Ld10 4++
Shuriken pistol, Witchblade
Ancient doom, battle focus, fleet, Psyker ML2 (Runes of battle), shrouded

5pts - Replace Witchblade with a Singing Spear
20pts - Replace Witchblade with a Merciless Witchblade (Witchblade with Smash)

10pts - May take Heavy aspect armour
10pts - May choose only one of the following Rules: Counterattack, blind, Monster hunter, Tank Hunter, Fear, Night vision, Fast shot, Iron resolve, crushing blow, shield of grace
>>
File: 1444426330200.jpg (18KB, 236x342px) Image search: [Google]
1444426330200.jpg
18KB, 236x342px
>>47199592
i'm not playing 40k with you any more anon, take your shitting and shit eating fetish then kindly leave
>>
File: file.png (78KB, 365x252px) Image search: [Google]
file.png
78KB, 365x252px
>>47199592
>>
>>47199592
Don't the Tyranids have an endless hunger for noms? Wasting all those noms, especially the kind that are able to fight that well would be a bad idea. They could just keep flooding it until they win.
>>
>have the autism necessary to rewrite all of 40k's rules
>it would never get popular enough for GW to learn from it or hire me, even if it was good

I just want to make a difference
>>
>>47199649
So?

GW didn't take 9th age seriously either.
>>
>>47199649
talk to your locals in person not randoms online, homebrew is a touchy subject but some small changes here or there shouldn't bother most
>>
>>47199669

To be fair, no one took Age of Sigmar seriously either.
>>
>>47199682
How much more rules ans scale bloat do you think they can inject into SupplementMaster 40k before it loses all credibility?

It's almost as bad as third ed D&D
>>
>>47199617
The spiritseer have BS5, he should have it too.
Also, he perhaps should have access to pyromancy, considering he's a more aggressive psykers than the others...
>>
>>47199729
actually 40k has been downsizing in rules bloat since 3rd, 6th/7th added in some things but it's more streamlined
>>
>>47199729
I think the worst of supplement bloat is behind us. They seem to want to tie stuff back in now under the new CEO.

My guess is they want to sell you a codex, 2-3 supplements over that book's lifetime, then merge those supplements back into the next codex and repeat.
>>
>>47198556
>Design a new unit for your current army.
I kind of wish the Watchers of Dark had an actual dataslate and not just a +1 to Deny the Witch piece of wargear two or three units can take.

They could have the stat line of gretchin but no real weapons just a Master level or two with a maximum unit size of 5. I don't even care if they have to use Interromancy (though they should get other powers too)
>>
>>47199777
This.

The new CEO actually plays 40k.

The old CEO literally said the rules don't matter at all.
>>
>>47199765
I'm trying to get into 40k once again after 2 years of almost doing nothing and I find it incredibly hard. There are so many fucking supplements and formations now that I cannot keep track of everything...
>>
>>47199617

I always thought it was weird that despite being fluffed as former Aspect Warriors warlocks could never be attached to Aspects while Spiritseers inexplicably can.
>>
>>47199785
Not grots, just make them what they are Pink Horros of Tzeentch.
>>
Question. Since Blood Angels can't take Thunderfire Cannons; make a Blood Angels OCDONUTSTEEL version.

>Blood Cannon
>Fires a ray/laser/something which causes the targets blood to boil in their body and explode our ebola style
>S5 AP3 Heavy 1
>If the target is slain, place a blast plate over the model and roll S1 AP3 hits
>>
>>47199802

What army(s) does he play
>>
From the fluff viewpoint, which units would be ideal for behind enemy lines sabotage and logistic interdection? Optimized Stealth Cadre, Razorshark Strikefighters, Pathfinders...?
>>
File: VostroyanKarl.jpg (408KB, 1130x1008px) Image search: [Google]
VostroyanKarl.jpg
408KB, 1130x1008px
>>47199841
>Blood Cannon
>Not even a little Khornate-sounding
>>
>>47199824
Same, it's actually one of the main reasons I don't play as much as I could. Back when I last played in mid 5th, you just needed the rulebook and a torrent of a codex. Now there's all kinds of supplements, datasheets, formations, official Imperial Armour rules, WD rules and campaigns, and it's a complete nightmare to get a handle on

All they're doing to milking existing customers for a bit more cash while discouraging new players from getting involved
>>
>>47199859
Bloodstrike missiles are a thing.
>>
>>47199824
Don't jump into the deep end, start out in the shallow end then progress. Codex + big rule book first. For the most part you can ignore supplements, psychic powers, flyers, superheavies/lords of war. focus on doing a small game of 750 or so and stick to the basic combined arms detachment.

>>47199841
give it a way to get into combat then you'll get khorne's blessing

>>47199854
i bet he plays vanilla marines
>>
>>47199873
>i bet he plays vanilla marines

The most pleb army.
>>
>>47199855
Stealth suits.
>>
>>47199841
Just use the rapier quad mortar.
>>
>>47199870
>while discouraging new players from getting involved
So much this.

I had two friends on the line to get involved in the game, they liked the hobby aspect, thought wars were cool but couldn't get over the different books you needed that didn't even have anything in them.

Now they play WarMa and I may sell my second army that I don't much play to join them.
>>
>>47199859
Well there is a few Blood things. BA even get a unique Fire Roc aircraft weapon (it's not a 'weapon' it basically allows any target attacking it re-roll hits and the target is Blind if it fails I test or something daft)

>>47199873
I know. Give it the option to do a Canister Shot if it's charged. S3 AP3 Heavy 1 Blast Rending. Which also gives the crew +1S in the following round only.
>>
>>47199888
dubs into trips, this man has a plan.
>>
>>47199855

All of them.
>>
>>47199854
Sisters of battle
>>
>>47199882
it's also the most common and i doubt he's put out any statement about the game balance being unfair or bad. imagine if he played dark eldar, orks or chaos marines

but that's just speculation on if he actually plays or knows the rules, i wouldn't be surprised if he had some commissioned space marine squads in a display case
>>
How much would it cost to buy a controlling stake in GW?
>>
>>47199888
Oh I know, but my point is, if we assumed BA/DA/GW/SW each got their own unique version of the Thunderfire Cannon, make it something like that.

Thinking of DA one....

>Tormentor Cannon
>S6 AP3 Heavy 1 Blast
>Successful hit forces Initiative test; fail and reduced WS by 3 to a minimum of 1 until next turn

SW version

>Helfrost Cannon
>S5 AP3 Heavy 1 Blast
>Successful hit forces Initiative test; fail and reduced Initiative by 3 to a minimum of 1 until next turn

>>47199841
Shit I also forgot to mention Heavy 1 Blast. Which also causes the bursts if multiple die.
>>
>>47199972
DA has the Rift cannon.
>>
>>47199873
>codex + big rule book first

just download them, fuck paying £30+ each for something that is more than 60% filled with fluff

the rule book is ~820 pages long and only 350 of them are actual rules
>>
>>47199965
Probably a lot

476.00 GBX = ~ 7 USD if I understand conversions (gbx is pence right?)
>>
>>47199919
It's a terrible plan, don't listen to me.

>>47199972
Fuck that shit. Make wargear that makes sense, none of this wolfety-wolf-wolf bullshit. It's bad enough they had to give BA literal angels wings on their jump packs and SW have freeze rays purely because they're from an ice planet. Shit's retarded, yo.
>>
>>47199998
Yeah and they stuck it too a shitty flier, I would rather see a thunderfire variant throwing out chucking stasis pie plates all over the map than use the RW fliers.
>>
File: Angha.jpg (97KB, 599x831px) Image search: [Google]
Angha.jpg
97KB, 599x831px
>>47195567

What kind of Daemon only lists people are running nowadays?
>>
>>47200067
Tzeentch incursion summon spam + tetrad or Nurgle incursion lists.
>>
File: something something get money.png (364KB, 500x428px) Image search: [Google]
something something get money.png
364KB, 500x428px
>>47200000
get it how ever you want, i was just pointing out how to avoid a lot of the bloat. for financial means you're on your own; i suggest a job or selling orphans on the side if you can't even afford a codex
>>
>>47200067
Same list theyve been using since, what, like 5e?

Daemon princes do work, summoning is strong.
>>
These are the (interesting, non-cashflow related) tidbits from last year's annual report (the first under the new CEO, although he'd only been in charge a few months at that point). His first report after a full year in office will be in July.

>Games Workshop's ambitions remain clear: to make the best fantasy miniatures in the world and sell them globally at a profit, and it
intends doing so forever. All of our decision making is focused on the long term success of Games Workshop, not short term gains.

>I believe we are a unique business and I understand that some
people find us and our product a little odd and possibly a little quirky too. We are both of these and we are proud of it. I also know I am
CEO of one of the most exciting companies creating fun on the planet. We forget most days because we are all focused on delivering
our jobs. Our Hobby is great fun. We really do intend to be around forever, creating fun.

>The first element - we make high quality miniatures. We understand that what we make is not for everyone, so to recruit and re-recruit
customers we are absolutely focused on making our models the best in the world. In order to continue to do that forever and to deliver a
decent return to our owners, we sell them for the price that we believe the investment in quality is worth.
Our customers tend to be teenage boys and male adults with some spare money to spend and time to enjoy hobbies. I'd like to think our
Hobby - modelling, painting, collecting, gaming - is for anyone. Our customers are found everywhere. Our job is to, on a day to day
basis, find them, commercially, wherever they are.

>The second element is that we make fantasy miniatures based in our imaginary worlds. This gives us complete control over the imagery
and styles we use and complete ownership of the intellectual property. Aside from our core business, we are constantly looking to grow
our royalty income from opportunities to use our IP in other markets.
>>
>>47200121
how quickly you forget mortal; 5th was fatecrusher and 6th was screamerstar
>>
>>47200142
Sorry it all looks the same when burnt to a crisp.

*Remembers his Salamanders fondly*
>>
>>47199965
$165,359,108.09 for 51% for a hostile takeover.

$9,727,006.29 for 3% for company influence
>>
File: GW morale compass.gif (2MB, 400x350px) Image search: [Google]
GW morale compass.gif
2MB, 400x350px
>>47200128

Sounds like a good spiel if you want people to give you money.
>>
>>47200142
Tzeentch is still king but Nurgle is growing in power, some say he's already stronger than him.
>>
>>47200120
affording it isnt the issue, its that they are inflating the price by adding over twice the size of the book in needless fluff, instead of selling it on the side
>>
>>47199292
I was gonna post something but both of these sound better than I was gonna post as far as transports go.

>chariot/transport hybrid
or
>chariot that eats infantry and vomits up servitors

Another thing I'd love for Ad-Mech/Skitarii is some kind of specific fortification.

>recharge/repair substation that functions like a drop pod but for supplies in the field
>provides variety of buffs depending on selected type: signal boost for Canticles, increases FNP within area, or supercharges weaponry.
>>
>>47200128
And here's a summary of their plans for 2016/2017/beyond:

>open more stores in NA
>rebrand all stores as "Warhammer"
>expand the IPs, IE via video games
>improve the recruitment and training of store managers, because they're responsible for the single biggest draw of new players
>an absolute "top down review" of the entire model range, including "broader ranges of price points"
>dramatically increase the number of new customers, reversing the trend of losing customers due to cost-cutting measures in recent years
>identify highly profitable locations that could support multi-man stores
>increase the number of third party vendors (like warstore)
>get GW products into toy, craft, book, and comic stores
>>
>>47200171
it's mostly generic business speak, but there are a few titbits of actual info there.

Growing the IP into other avenues is a choice rather than a, 'it's a good idea for every business', and suggests we'll continue to see more video games, FFG games, and similar. They consider those a success and plan to do more of that.

Stressing not short term gains could be nothing but BS, but could be an actual message to shareholders that they are going to be putting money into the business rather than dealing it out or selling things off to gain profit.

And acknowledging his actual customer base shows at least some level of realism.

That's about it, the rest is basically meaningless blather.
>>
Trying to fluff up my blue metal Necrons.
Which do you prefer?

1st: Cryptek's shenanigans at making them more durable. A chemical hardening process perhaps.

2nd: Radiation from the planet they resided in during their sleep affected their carapace.

3rd: The Phaeron had been badly burned in battle and it affected his color and as such demanded the rest of his dynasty gets torched to match.

The end game of any of them has made the Dynasty as a whole a bit more crazy and killy. Their tomb world is right near a SM Chapters recruiting world and as such that will be the rivalry of my story.
>>
>>47200255
4: The Phaeron likes blue.
>>
>>47200000
>fuck paying for something more than 60% filled with fluff
>Fluff content is bad
Fucking end your life.
>>
File: 1459146260947.png (104KB, 576x576px) Image search: [Google]
1459146260947.png
104KB, 576x576px
>>47200153
there's a reason why daemons got heavily nerfed and why bloodcrushers/screamers are terrible or just okay now, possibly why grey knights got a strong 5th codex.

>>47200172
tzeentch is good, but i can't get behind most nurgle stuff
>>
>>47200277
When 20 pages of coloured model templates counts as "fluff".

Yes it's bad.
>>
>>47200239
>third party venders
and here is an actual change in company policy. Given that GWs previos habit was basically fucking over third party venders to try to keep sales in house. Which was both stupid and annoying.

The rest sounds more like hopes than plans, but I'll wait and see. But actually saying 'lets help other people sell our product' is new and good.
>>
>>47200255
Mate, just go with >>47200272

Fluff says that Dynasties come in tons of different colors. Even non-metallic ones.
>>
File: ScreamsInternally.png (112KB, 333x296px) Image search: [Google]
ScreamsInternally.png
112KB, 333x296px
>>47200272
No.
>>
>>47200289

Bad looking coloured model templates at that.
>>
File: battleforge.jpg (48KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
battleforge.jpg
48KB, 600x600px
>>47198603
Legal through unbound only
>>
>>47200277
fluff content is good.I've bought books of pure fluff. Making me buy fluff when i just want the base rules is stupid.
There is no good reason I can't just buy the small paperback rulebook to quickly check stuff whileI play.
>>
>>47200255
Why the need to be so snowflakey? Just say that their necro-dermis is blue, because that was their Dynasty's color before the change.
>>
>>47199287
Again, see >>47199247
Piranhas are ridiculously undercosted, but S5 AP5 is considered bad, so no one cares.

Technically also a good source for melta.
>>
>>47200277
>disagreeing with quints
>implying GW's new style of books contain 60% fluff

the images they are using in recent books doesnt qualify as art, or fluff. open your eyes anon.
>>
>>47200314
>My army is legal!
>It is just unbound!

mfw
>>
>>47200277
fuck off that's not what i said and you know it

if i want to buy a rule book, i want to buy a book with the rules in it and thats it, i dont want to pay roughly twice that for shit that isnt relevant to the rules
>>
>>47200290
HOLY SHIT. Tell me this isn't the windup for the second worst joke of 2016
>>
>>47200333
different guy, and I'd agree with you on the codex, but givein that the only way to buy the core rule book is packaged with two other unnecessary books, there is a problem there.
>>
>>47199998
As a ground version, be great.

>>47200000
>this post
>those digits

Awful.

>>47200058
Eh. Doesn't work if the item is a generic thing that only one codex has.
>>
>>47200321
>Why the need to be so snowflakey?

Because I like forging narratives that aren't boring as hell.

"Oh the entire army has a unique color scheme because the boss said so."

Maybe if I was orks.

I guess I could get behind it being the Dynasty's color before the change but ideally I was going to fluff them so that they didn't care about their old greatness or returning to skin or whatever. They just want to make more Necrons and convert more worlds.
>>
>>47196325
Might be late but:
The 5 termies in lr will kill a knight i guess, but its so much points its silly. Consider taking something more economic and mobile like nurgle bikers or something.
Sorc on a bike with the nurglespawn is a great idea, do that ;)

Guo are useless in anything but the most casual meta. Dreadclaw will eat something and then scattermishap every single time, its never worth the points and gw just faqd the only possible leverage (skimmer sliding off units on deepstrike)
>>
>>47200290
GW has really changed since Rowntree got into position. We'll have to wait and see but I have good hopes.
>>
>>47200356
God bless my $30 Dark Vengeance Rulebook.
>>
>>47200335
So you essentially want a pure rules book, pure fluff book and a combined one?

So three products and you can choose the rules only one. Aren't they technically doing that with rules in boxes? But I do get your point.

I personally don't mind, but I can see why you'd just want rules. Don't they just have pure rule downloads?
>>
>>47200334
How else am I going to use my 8 dreadnought of 5 distinct types army?
>>
File: Charnovokh.png (304KB, 534x821px) Image search: [Google]
Charnovokh.png
304KB, 534x821px
>>47200255
>CHARNOVOKH

>Ravaged by the coming of the Tyranid hive fleets, the legions of Charnovokh cling defiantly to the edges of the Eastern Fringe. Their crypts overrun by the Great Devourer and their tomb worlds defiled by the Imperium, the dynasty musters its extemporary cohorts to gather up the fallen, and awaken the dead for war once more. Lords and Overlords put aside their petty differences, for the fate of their dynasty hangs in the balance.

>In honour of their destroyed coreworlds, the Charnovokh bear the colours of Night Unending – dark blue markings upon skull, shoulder and weapon. The higher a Necron’s rank within the dynasty, the more blue he wears. As befits his status, Phaeron Thoehk’s living metal body is entirely midnight blue, and his form is obscured by a shroud of captive shadow.

----------------

>The Legions of Charnovokh wear the dark blue of the Night Unending to signify their rank – their Phaeron’s raiment is rich in this shade, while the dynasty’s humble Warriors bear it only in their weapons and phalanx markings.

Straight outta the 7th ED codex.

I prefer that you play the Charnovokh Dynasty.
>>
>>47200370
Alright, I get it.

I don't see how you can't have both reasons though. The blue is the last vestige/reminder of the Old Dynasty, that which they have cast aside in favor of conquering the galaxy. They have no wish to return to the weak flesh that once contained them, and favour the necrodermis that now encases their soulless husks.

?
>>
>>47200416
>Aren't they technically doing that with rules in boxes

currently this is the best option yes, although if you dont actually want the boxes then you have to try and find someone who has the rulebook already but wans a box set

>Don't they just have pure rule downloads?

Only ones i can find are appendices to supplements etc, but i doubt GW would ever give something required to play the game for free
>>
File: 1453385535641.png (205KB, 501x445px) Image search: [Google]
1453385535641.png
205KB, 501x445px
>>47200434
>Necrons
>bring devastated by the Tyranids
>>
>>47200370
>I was going to fluff them so that they didn't care about their old greatness or returning to skin or whatever.

That's stupid considering that all Necrons are bound by the last command of the to restore their empire. Also the fact that only the Destroyers don't yearn for the return to flesh.

>They just want to make more Necrons

New Necrons? Real Necrons? They cannot be made. The Necrontyr are extinct.
>>
Which one is more useful in a group of Pathfinders: Ion Rifles or Rail Rifles?
>>
>>47200465
They were sleeping. The Tyranid terraforming process causes earthquakes that crush sleeping Necron tomb worlds within the cores of the worlds.

Also most of the dynasty's worlds weren't destroyed by the Tyranids, they were destroyed by the Imperials reaction to the Tyranids, the extermintus'ing of worlds ahead of the Hive Fleet to starve it.
>>
File: image.jpg (33KB, 367x332px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
33KB, 367x332px
>>47200239
"We somehow still don't understand why we're losing customers. We also don't understand how new blood is brought into the hobby."

Giving redshirts more extensive training, and selling snapfit kits in craft and toy stores? Thats their plan to stop the bleeding. If thats true, we can expect continued negative growth, horrible rules + balance, and discounted bundles.

Which won't solve the problems Games Workshop is faced with. They need the flgs regulars, store owners, and as many current customers as possible to be happy with, and excited about the game.

Which means: improve rules and balance should be #1 priority. Because if 7 of your 16 factions' players are pissed, they are talking people out of 40k/AoS. And I doubt there is more than maybe 25% of the playerbase trying to recruit casual/interested newbies. Not to mention the gid-awful reputation GW's games have right now. People arent waiting in line to enthusiastically jump into game systems with ~$750+ entry cost - and notoriously bad rules/balance.

But lets trsin redshirts on how to sell harder. That oughta do the trick. I dont even need to address the impotency of selling snap-fit kits in hobby lobby/toys r us.
>>
>>47200482
Neither is particularly useful in a group of pathfinders but Rail Rifles are more useful than ion rifles
>>
>>47200449
this, I like the rules in box idea. I like the rulebook that comes in the boxes.

None of the boxes featured my faction, so I still have no rulebook and mouch of people at the gamestore.
>>
>>47200482
Their standard markerlight and pulse carbine.

though if you must the rail rifle. Mostly because it doesn't get hot on your 5+ save soldier.
>>
File: BlueCronScythe.jpg (275KB, 1088x1170px) Image search: [Google]
BlueCronScythe.jpg
275KB, 1088x1170px
>>47200434
>their Phaeron’s raiment is rich in this shade, while the dynasty’s humble Warriors bear it only in their weapons and phalanx markings.

Unfortunately it isn't the weapons and marking that are blue. The actual Necrons are. Their weapons and armour are Warplock Bronze with gold and orange details as well as some other solid blue for tubing.

plz no bully muh shitty paint skills
>>
>>47200490
I think they said internal numbers are that only 20% of people actually play the game.
>>
>>47200482
Rail for that AP1 goodness
>>
>>47200239
Also the paper back Codexes.

I know it's just 10 bucks, but it helps.
>>
>>47200490
>and discounted bundles.
All good then
>>
>>47200440

Not so bad.

>>47200472
>restore their empire

They still want to capture planets and rebuild their Dynasty.

>New Necrons? Real Necrons? They cannot be made. The Necrontyr are extinct.

Well shit. Looks like they just hate humans then. huh.
>>
File: Novokh.png (2MB, 1172x853px) Image search: [Google]
Novokh.png
2MB, 1172x853px
>>47200370
>"Oh the entire army has a unique color scheme because the boss said so."

>NEPHREKH

>The trinary stars of the Nephrekh crownworld glow golden upon the burnished shoulders of its legions. Rich in the solar wealth of scores of systems, the Nephrekh’s worlds cluster around the galactic core, its radiant brilliance filling the skies of their tomb worlds with a near-limitless supply of energy. From this golden chalice of flame the warriors of Nephrekh drink deep and grow strong.

>Phaeron Sylphek awoke consumed by an obsession with the stars themselves, announcing to his bemused court he wished to drape himself in their molten glory. To placate their lord, the Crypteks of the Nephrekh crafted him a living-gold skin – a gift he has shared with his followers so that they might embody the glory of the triple suns of Nephrekh as they do battle.

I dunno. It sounds fun as it is shown in the codex.

Alternatively, you can go with a more savage path.

>NOVOKH

>The crimson armour of the Novokh is a bloody legacy of past victories over the unworthy. Though creatures of living metal long parted with their flesh, the Novokh remember the rites of blooding undertaken by their warriors during the ancient Wars of Secession. The favoured of the Novokh would daub their faces and arms in the blood of those whom they slew in battle, painting spidery patterns of hieroglyphs telling grim tales of carnage and death.

>Millennia later, the Novokh still remember these ceremonies, and their Overlords paint their legions crimson in honour of the ritual spilling of blood. To the Warriors and Immortals of the Novokh, this fragment of their past awakens a spark of violent pride and spurs them on to acts of murder.
>>
>>47200490
I know you wish this was the case. But you're wrong. Balance is not the first priority, and people obsessed with balance aren't their main purchasers even when happy.

Now, for part of that problem which is real, working with store owners etc, the stuff about third party sellers is a good sign.

Making the game easier to get into an access, cheaper get started sets, snap fit kits in stores, options for smaller lower price point games, will help involve new people. People who wouldn't come onto /tg/ or dakka dakka, but will come in and play the game from time to time.

Casual buyers are a massive consumer base, especially if you start brining them in with stuff like videogames and boardgames.
>>
>>47200554
>Well shit. Looks like they just hate humans then. huh.

You can focus your dynasty on creating cenoptek warmachines or fielding armies of mindshackled primitives.
>>
>>47200482
Your Pathfinders want to shoot markerlights. Generally, you're better off sticking with that. Since you don't have target locks, they have to shoot at whatever your lights are on. Usually, you want to use then those lights on better units, like crisis suits, and your BS isn't so good as to not need the additional shots.

If you really want the rifles though, think of it this way: you're shooting at a target that you want to wound with the PFs, then wound MORE with other units using MLs. Whatever you're targeting has to be worth the attention. Tailor your choice of weapon appropriately to whatever it is you're so afraid of.
>>
>>47200526
Everyone knows thats bullshit. Thats leftover misinfo from Kirbys last year as CEO.

Lets pretend that collectors and players are split 50/50. Now lets say half of your players are dissatisfied with the state of the game. Thats 25% of your customer base that isnt happy. That isnt good.

And lets be honest, more than 50% of Games Workshops customers care about the rules and balance.

GW pulling 20% out of its ass is comedy. They boast to shareholders about not needing, or employing market research, yet make absurd claims that can only be arrived at through market research?

There is also the recent independent survey that showed 90% (iirc) of GW customers play the games.
>>
File: image.jpg (53KB, 450x564px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
53KB, 450x564px
>>47200552
>discounted bundles will solve all GW's problems
>>
>>47200596

>Your Pathfinders want to shoot markerlights.

I don't because they are too fragile for that role. Too static. I prefer markerdrones. I'm exploring other roles for them instead of sitting on the shelve.
>>
>>47200625
care about the rules enough to leave the game? Enough to buy more models if substantial investment was put into balance?

Beyond that, signs to point to them engaging the community more in terms of the rules. And that's what the game needed, because their internal playtesting was clearly terrible and toxic.

The overall signs of being willing to engage with those outside of the company is the biggest shift that needed to happen. And all the shit you are commenting on as irrelevant is signs of that increased engagement.
>>
>>47200568
I'll give you the benefit of the doubt. But what is the reason for the loss of marketshare and sales shrink then?
If few customers care about rules, what is the reason GW is losing so many over the past few years?
>>
>>47200640
All good to me then
>>
File: BlueCron WIP Orikan Star.jpg (291KB, 1088x1312px) Image search: [Google]
BlueCron WIP Orikan Star.jpg
291KB, 1088x1312px
>>47200564
The codex definitely has some cool dynasty I just prefer being a special snowflake apparently.

>>47200592
I don't actually run any Canoptek creatures (like scarabs/wraiths/spyders). I guess I need to do even more research as to why the Necrons want to harass the Astartes in their sector.

Dont want to field primitives.

thanks for the ideas all
>>
>>47200649
The problem is any other role you take them in, they're going to suffer due to most of the squad still being markerlight sluts.

You could take them in a devilfish and try to shotgun an enemy with their carbines, and/or deepstrike onto them, but trying to use them as snipers is less effective than just using a different unit for the task.
>>
>>47200526
Didn't they also say that they do no market research?

I'm like to know where they got the 20% from if true.
>>
>>47200748
>I'm like to know where they got the 20% from if true.
Same place they get their rules, asspull.
>>
>>47200640
It reduces the cost of entry somewhat, isn't that one of the complaints?
>>
>>47200748
Yes they did and now that you mention it where did they get that percentage from?
>>
>>47200774
Yes, discounted bundles are good. Someone replied suggesting that discounted bundles make it 'all good'. Someone else replied that they dont solve all the problems facing GW.

You couldve figured this out on your own by spending 15 seconds reading a few replies.
>>
>>47200688
pissing off (and on) third party sellers recuded the availability of customers to get see and buy the product.
Lack of presence in more general locations and difficulty in starting the game reduced the number of new players (they were forced to rely on the word of mouth you mentioned, and even then had to convince people to make fairly large investment).
Restricted options for purchasing held off people who might make smaller incremental buys.

They combined the not addressing the dedicated gaming base, with not engaging the casual gaming or casual hobbying group.

They should work more with there dedicated core, but that core needs to know that they aren't actually the bulk of the customers, they're just what bulk clusters around.
>>
>>47200775
Some GW White Knight fanon replied with it. I recall Kirby making a ridiculous claim like this a year or so ago, but I thought he said 10%.

Basically just a fanboy cherrypicking 'facts' in an attempt to support the reality he wants to believe.
>>
>>47200680
>internal playtesting
They used to make a point of never play testing anything because the play testers would leak shit.
The guys writing the rules can basically do whatever.
>>
>>47200846
>20%
>using that to white knight
>>
File: DntH8.png (583KB, 472x801px) Image search: [Google]
DntH8.png
583KB, 472x801px
>>47200864
HALF DECENT CONVERSATIONS IN THIS THREAD
>>47200864
BRING THE GOOD ONES TO THE NEW THREAD
>>47200864
OLD ARGUMENTS DIE HERE
>>
>>47200748
>>47200774
>>47200775
internal reference, the company had become increadibly inbred.

What you propbably aren't realizing is that comprehensive and good market research is actually really fucking expensive. The cheaper rought is to engage customers, and more importantly venders. You'll get a shit ton of bias there of course, but cheap market research will do the same, and it's better than having an echo chamber within the company.

And the proposed plan actuallly stats things that involve changing company policy in that regard. What remains to be seen is if they can use this fresh engagement to solve the lingering internal problems.
>>
>>47200812
'all good' doesn't mean "all the problems facing GW".

Shit posters like you need to actually read what's being written and make sure you comprehend it before accuse others of ignorance.
>>
>>47200868
internal playtesting means not brining in outsiders to play.
It's silly to think that the writters don't at least sit down and hash out a few games amongst themselves, ie internal playtesting. The problem is that this doesn't actually do much good.

For playtesting to do good you need a large base, and above all, insight from outside the process.
>>
>>47200822

My two flgs' were dominated by 40k players when I started at the beginning of 6th edition. Two distinct groups with little overlap between the stores. (they were 35 mins apart).

Imperial Outpost had 40+ regular 40k players. 15-20 regular WHFB guys. Friday nights there were waits to get on a table. Pick up games to be had 7 nights a week.
Now, there are maybe 2 games of 40k on a friday night. None throughout tge week. WHFB guys disappeared altogether. A lot of the formerly 40k crowd plays other games now.

The one in Mesa (I forget the name atm) was pretty much exclusively 40k and WHFB. It was bustling fri/sat/sun. Large playerbase. It closed down a few months ago after watching its playerbase evaporate over the past 2.5 years.

I watched both of these communities die firsthand. And I can say with 100% certainty it is a direct result of the condition of the rules/balance.
>>
>>47200920
Nigger please. That exactly what it implies.
>>
>>47200886
Fuck off faggot.
Not even page 8, in no way time for a new thread
>>
>>47199193
It says right there. 1 Flyer.

It's just a cheapish way to satisfy the auxiliary requirement.
>>
>>47200955
and that's annecdotal evidence. Don't shit on GW for not doing research when you are going to violate the basic rules of research yourself.

My local community has grown a lot over the same time period. While many agree with there being rules problems, they don't let that stop them and just having new and friendly gaming stores has caused the community to surge. But of course my evidence in annecdotal as well.
>>
>>47197993
0 wounds.
>>
>>47198651
I could get behind that. CSM Blood Claws with basic marks and regular ones with Legion rules and marks to represent their skills.
>>
>>47200955
the nearest game store (plenty or mtg, 40k, and even AoS players) just closed, but their larger and more successful competitor just opened a new and massive store the next city over with over a dozen tables and regular 40k meetings

but of course it would take me two hours to get there thanks to traffic and distance, so I basically can't play 40k any more because the only store less than two hours away has now closed
>>
>>47198658
>that grey
i like that a lot more than i thought i would
Thread posts: 362
Thread images: 46

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.