[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Have you seen his yet, /tg/? What are your thoughts?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 8

File: image.jpg (92KB, 639x388px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
92KB, 639x388px
Have you seen his yet, /tg/?
What are your thoughts?
>>
>>47085197
Yes.
Looks good.
Will buy when it comes out in two years.
>>
>>47085197
pledged only to get the stretch goals and resell with profit if I don't like it
>>
The video previewing the mechanics made it look pretty interesting and engaging for a board game, and having procedural zone layouts gives it replayability. Plus the mechanics are simple and varied so you could brew up your own monsters and player classes like you could a more robust RPG system if you want to get deep into it.
>>
>>47085357
It's coming out next year, and the producers say that is accounting for delays.

Also, they're using the producer that made the models for Blood Rage, supposedly- let's look into that.
>>
I'm backing it for the miniatures, and it looks like a decent dungeon crawler, but I'm still disappointed they didn't do something more interesting and inventive with the license.
>>
>>47085576
Google shows these models are produced by the same people producing the models for the DaS boardgame.

So yeah, backing it for minis seems just fine.
>>
>>47085197

Looks like shit, senpai

>>47085407
>The video previewing the mechanics made it look pretty interesting and engaging for a board game

Nah.

The mechanics are a boring dicefest straight out of the 1970's. If you think board games are still like that, you are happily mistaken.
>>
>>47085703
>eurogame fan spotted
>>
>>47085703
>>47085733

There's no need to bicker. It's a matter of personal preference, and I can enjoy both deep economic eurogames and dumb enjoyable dungeon crawls. I just wish they'd done something a little less generic with the Dark Souls license.
>>
>>47085764

The good news is that it seems to be making a reasonable amount of money. So maybe we'll see other From IPs make the leap.
>>
File: Gaping dragon model.png (253KB, 680x494px) Image search: [Google]
Gaping dragon model.png
253KB, 680x494px
The gameplay looks like a lot of fun, but I'm mainly excited for the models.
>>
>>47085197
>>47085902

Conundrum: Should I paint the invader models normally, or should I paint them as red phantoms?
>>
File: 1412835989558.jpg (69KB, 456x306px) Image search: [Google]
1412835989558.jpg
69KB, 456x306px
>>47085922
They said they come as a red plastic. Does that affect you at all?
>>
>>47086028
I mean, that's probably because they're meant to be easily usable unpainted.

maybe i'll be a good goy and buy two sets so I can do both
>>
File: 1462204968952.gif (72KB, 192x197px) Image search: [Google]
1462204968952.gif
72KB, 192x197px
>>47085197
>still no Artorias
>still no Seath
>still no Nito
>>
>>47086175
No quelaag either.

Also, speculation is that the next add on unlock at £2,000,000 is Sif and Artorias
>>
>>47085197
Looks rad, though if I'm getting absolutely everything its running in the area of $600. Which is fucking ludicrous for a boardgame.
>>
File: Untitled.png (885KB, 1566x668px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
885KB, 1566x668px
Those FAQ's have me worried though
>>
>>47085197
I got a lot of gripes with it i'll throw out

One, stamina and health pool being shared is retarded
two, specialty dice is retarded
three, no FP or magic is retarded
four, moving costs stamina.....
five, drinking estus costs stamina.....
six, boss moves 2x as often as players is retarded
seven, all the fucking expansion boxes makes me sick to my stomach

other than those, it looks fun. can't wait for it to come out on Tabletop Simulator
>>
>>47086505

DMC was nowhere near as bad as the outrage machine made it out to be. It wasn't on par with the old games in terms of combat mechanics, but it was significantly better in terms of level design, and IMO the story was just a different flavour of the same incomprehensible garbage DMC's story has always been.
>>
>>47086561
Literally if they named it something else you would have no idea that it was based on devil may cry that being said the combat, which honestly is the main focus of those games, was not only a buggy mess in DMC but also completely one dimensional to the point where getting SSS was literally as easy as pushing one button since spam shooting actually raised your style meter
>>
>>47086537
1 - it represents how when you run out of stam, you're much more likely to die
2 - I disagree, I like specialty dice. In boardgames anyway.
3 - ..it does have faith and magic you know. Look at one of the player boards. There's a slot for spells.
4/5 - A game balancing mechanic, I'm guessing? So you can't just kite the boss forever.
6 - what? Oh, you mean the boss making a move after each player does? Or something else?
7 - eh, the amount of add-on bosses is a bit annoying, I'm only getting one rn. But since -everything- is coming to retail, I'm alright with it.
>>
Wasn't goign to get it at first, but now that it's coming with 5 expansions, actually seems worth.
>>
>>47085576
>trusting kickstarter estimated release dates

Oh sweet summer child.
>>
>>47089490
Didn't they deliver their other KS on time?
>>
>>47086505
That last comment worried me too, but it seems like the rest of the studio is keeping them on track.
>>
>>47085197
It looks disappointing.

It's basically a bunch of fights with a creature in a small room. Creature cycles through a small deck of attack cards, while the characters spend HP to move around and make attacks. If you're standing in the attack range on the monster's turn, then you get hit.

Then move onto the next room, which is the same.

I'm not surprised it's doing well. Dark Souls is a well known RPG, and most video game players aren't familiar enough with board games to notice a lack of quality. It certainly looks impressive, and the models look quite good. But they're probably comparing it to Life and Monopoly - sure, it's a great concept compared to those, but there are far more games which look far more interesting.
>>
>>47091153
>comparing it to Life and Monopoly
... Dark Souls themed monopoly when?
>>
File: image.jpg (56KB, 600x300px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
56KB, 600x300px
>>47085197
Its by the guys that created Guild Ball, which is awesome.

>>47085357
The senior producer claims delivery by april 2017 or earlier.

>>47085407
Cant wait to set up a boss run and watch my non vidya friends experience the rage.
>>
File: image.jpg (148KB, 639x752px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
148KB, 639x752px
>>47085648
Yeah these guys are legit. The KS raised almost $3 million so far.
>>
>>47086309
It's Kirk.
Which is pretty lame. I wanted Solaire personally. They're probably saving Sif and Artorias for post release, or as the last desperate push to get as much shekels as possible near the end of the campaign.

>>47091153
These are my main concerns too. I'm mostly backing it for dem minis though.
>>
>>47092631
Kirk is the stretch goal. Sif is the next boss expansion to become available as an add on. Nito will be there, Quelaag we can only hope. The two main guys are big DS fans or so they say.
Thread posts: 33
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.