[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/tg/ meets /vg/

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 4

Dear /tg/ I need a video game, with the atmosphere of a classic TG. Tried Pillars of Eternity and spent my time wishing it was D&D rule set with sensible character classes, also whats the point of being a wizard if there is no meta-magic.

also the new Torment game, ugh can you not afford a decent graphics engine for 5 million dollars
>>
>>47038255
>Pillars of Eternity
>spent my time wishing it was D&D rule set with sensible character classes
Just play the old NwN/ToEE/BG/ID etc.
>>
imagine a game broad enough to work with a pathfinder ruleset

I just want to ride an enlarged falcon familiar around, I guess that would need ranks in riding,

It's all the oddball skill sets that aren't put into video games that I miss

acting, riding, swimming, tumbling, climbing, espionage, cooking, alchemy, smithing
>>
File: MEXICAN MECH INSPECTOR.jpg (112KB, 500x700px) Image search: [Google]
MEXICAN MECH INSPECTOR.jpg
112KB, 500x700px
>>47038255
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B_2Bti8pntDoakpLajNPVmk5dGs/view?usp=sharing
try prince of qin, an obscure RPG set in china during the qin dynasty. Kind of Baldur's Gate meets Diablo in terms of gameplay.

Morrowind is pretty classic.

Wizardry 8 may scratch that itch.

Mechwarrior's 2 and 3 are pretty classic.

Neverwinter Nights 1 and 2 are excellent
>>
File: NUKEMOON.png (404KB, 538x473px) Image search: [Google]
NUKEMOON.png
404KB, 538x473px
>>47038734
oh and shadowrun Dragon Fall and Hongkong, in that order.

Skip Returns.
>>
I honestly can't stand when videogames use tabletop rulesets when they have so much to work with. Tabletop rules are specifically written to run by humans, not machines.
>>
>>47038255
>sensible character classes
They are, contrary to your insinuation.
>>
>>47038255
Divinity Original Sin.
Thank me later.
>>
>>47038935
I kind of agree. I'm not OP, the classes in the game are decent choices, Cypher is a good addition. Pillar's problem is as much bad class picks, as much as it is how utterly terribly every one is designed and the mechanics for their gameplay.
>>
>>47039005
Pillars is if someone played Baldur's Gate and said "no fun allowed" and removed all variety and character from the classes and replaced all the cool items with small percentage gains. Wait, no, that's exactly what it is, the developers are quoted on it. Absolute disaster of game design. Which is too bad, because it could have been good.

Just play Baldur's Gate again. There's so many ways to play that I've yet to get bored. And once you do, there's the no-reload challenge, which BG 1 is actually set up sensibly to encourage.
>>
>>47038255
fuck you

play stronghold
>>
>>47038255
Nethack
>>
>>47039100
God, Josh Sawyer must be the most autistic idiot in terms of game design. He can't understand that making classes that excel at certain things makes them interesting, and instead makes all classes dishwater, then he goes and make a melee engagement system with ridiculously punitive measures for disengaging to replicate muh historical accuracy, then invalidates that with teleports and dashes He can go fuck himself. I tried using my point of no return save to play the expansion, but I got buttfucked so hard by dashing monks that any and all tactics other than "take the tankiest motherfuckers and duke it out" were null. And now that Avellone left because they wouldn't give him freedom because he wanted to write rape in a story and that triggered Josh too hard, they don't even have their writing to stand on. God, that "survey" for Tyranny was like reading something I would have written listening to Linkin park at 12 years old.
>>
>>47039320
There's only one strategy, since you also cant' use stuff outside of combat. And that's tank with your warriors and hope the enemies stay in front of them, and shoot with everyone else. Its like an MMO.
>>
>>47039320
Goung to need a source on MCA leaving over a writing conflict. Obviously the no fanfare, sudden departure of a founder is suspicious, but I've not been able to find anything other than him stating he can't stand being a manager amd wants to write fulltime.
>>
>>47039320

You know, I could forgive PoE if the story was engaging and the setting was interesting.

There's some sprinkles of brilliance in there (most of which is written by Avellone; big surprise), but overall PoE is just a shitty game.
>>
>>47038935
>the ranged class and pet class are the same class
>sensible

pick one
>>
Icewind dale
>>
Ultima Underworld is a fantastic dungeon crawler. I think it's also getting some kind of Kickstarter spiritual sequel.

Dungeon Crawl Stone Soup is great too. It doesn't have the baggage that NetHack has. I love both games but DCSS is more fun to play casually and I even like the graphical tiles.
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.