[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

MTG Legacy General

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 46
Thread images: 2

File: download (1).jpg (12KB, 178x248px) Image search: [Google]
download (1).jpg
12KB, 178x248px
Combo Edition

Let's talk combo decks. Which do you play? Which do you most hate and why?

Pic related, my favorite card in my favorite deck. Also, give me tips on how to remember to side wished-for cards back out because I lose more games to that than anything else.
>>
>Implying anyone here has enough money for this godforsaken format.
>>
>>46985183
>implying I don't play Lands and Dark Depths in Legacy.

Get outta town.
>>
>>46983852
write it down on a note.

It's more strange to me that someone who can memorize 10+ piles at very least can forget something simple like that.

Unless you're the kind of retard that plays maniac-DD.
>>
>tfw built MUD before the spike in City of Traitors and Chalice.
>tfw always get sliver close to top 8ing largeish tourneys but always blow it in the last round before the cut or get fucked by consistency or Miracles.
>tfw I only have 2 City of Traitors but the Eternal Masters announcement and subsequent rise of the Eldrazi deck has more than doubled the price of what I paid for the ones I have.

I still love the deck to death and laugh heartily every time I eat a deck that costs 3 times as much as mine did. So much fun to play. Shame I only get to play Legacy and handful of times a year aside from XMage.

Nothing quite like the feeling of going T1 Ancient Tomb --> Chalice on 1, getting it forced then going T2 Tomb into Lodestone and cackling manically when I Waste their land on 3 and drop a second Golem.
>>
>>46985183
I'm building Eldrazi at the moment, I've always wanted them to be a viable deck in legacy and now they are.

They're pretty cheap, like roughly what a modern deck is
>>
Been enjoying my IRL Spiral Tide deck for a while now. It feels good to have a deck that you can just point to and say "That's a legacy deck, you don't want to play against it".
Even if it eats huge decks against any kind of distruption like >>46985824
>>
>>46985824
>mud
>losing to miracles
You fucking wot m8? Miracles is practically a bye for mud.
Source: been playing mud for years, only time I've lost to miracles was when this guy at my lgs was mainboarding viashino heretic
>>
I saw a combo a while ago that, turn 0, you remove your library, hand, graveyard, and field from the game so you lose with literally nothing left. Does anyone know it/can post it?
>>
>>46985952
Swamp dark rit tormod's crypt sinkhole yourself dark rit demonic consultation for a card that isn't in your deck one with nothing crypt yourself.
>>
>>46985824
>tfw built stompy when the lands were dirt cheap
>tfwsold it, pox and my modern decks to build Miracles and Oops (Charbelcher side for maximum meme)
>tfw people at the shop sweat sitting accross from me Round one because they're in the same sleeves

Gotta say, I do miss stompy though. MUD decks are fun as fuck.
>>
>>46983852
One way i've stopped myself from forgetting Wished cards is to pile shuffle or at the very least count your deck. Either that or check your sideboard before starting the next game, this is legacy, you got time to check shit.
>>
>>46985979
You still have your hand at the end of that, though.
>>
>>46987136
Did you count the One with Nothing?
>>
>>46987180
Dark ritual doesn't give enough mana to cast one with nothing.
>>
>>46987208
Dark Ritual gives 3. Sinkhole takes 2. Dark Ritual takes 1 and gives 3. Demonic Consultation takes 1. One with Nothing takes 1.
>>
>>46987253
Step 1) Place Swamp, tap for one black
Step 2) Use 1 black from swamp for dark rit, get 3 black
Step 3) Use 2 mana on sinkhole
Step 4) Use remaining mana on demonic consultation.
There's no mana left for One with Nothing.
Unless I'm getting the order wrong. The idea is to turn 0 kill yourself. You could always throw in another dark ritual I suppose....
>>
>>46987301
There are two Dark Rituals.
>>
>>46987315
Well there we go then.
>>
Buying the remaining pieces of Dredge shortly, selling off non-pauper Tron pieces because fuck getting mana flood and not getting threats without Eye of Ugin. Will probably get Belcher stuff after that since the non-LED pieces don't cost too much. Doomsday looks really appealing to play but I don't think I could manage resolving the card dozen times a day in a bigger tournie and the deck runs duals.
>>
Running ub reanimator.... ANT can be a bitch.
>>
Playing ub reanimator. What's good
>>
Manaless dredge player here. It's like playing yugioh but better! Also I hate oops all spells because they're faster than me
>>
>>46983852
i play loam pox with 2 crop rotations and 1 thespian and 1 dark depths. "COMBO"
>>
>>46985824
tfw as a pox player i love playing against mud c:
>>
Aluren is fun since most people have no idea what it is until you drop it and go off. Someday I'll have real Imperial Recruiters.
>>
>>46985795
nah dog i ain't a loser. I am apparently a retard though, because I have a hilarious story about a long game 3 vs maverick where I finally have the goods to go off through a gaddock teag and a qasali pridemage, cast a burning wish, and discover there is no Doomsday in my sideboard because i forgot to side it back out after winning game 1, and didn't notice game 2.
>>
>>46988543
Last tournament I played in the game next to me was Stiflenaught versus Aluren. Stiflenaught guy couldn't figure out what his opponent was on. I thought it was obvious after the turn 2 cascade into Baleful Strix.
>>
>>46989619
and Stiflenaught didn't just shut it down with Torpor Orb?
>>
>>46987370
yeah to play Doomsday you really need to get the basic 3-5 piles down to just muscle memory so you can use your brain for the hard piles
>>
>>46989677
well it did. But not before the cascade into telltale strix.
>>
Is Tezzerator still a thing?
>>
My meta is pretty biased towards Force of Will and Deathrite Shaman. What sort of decks would give me an edge against these cards?
>>
>>46991286
Depends on the flavor of deathrite. If its all BUG decks Death and Taxes and Elves can be quite good. If its a lot of Shardless BUG, Storm, Dragon Stompy, Painters or Sneak and Show can be good calls. If combo isn't common in your meta Lands or Pox could do well.
>>
>>46989677
Abrupt decay is a thing. That sounds generally favored for Aluren
>>
>>46987370
Doomsday looks fun, but when you play it you'll loose most of your games before resolving a Doomsday. Its not a great deck without Gush in the format
>>
>>46991596
Most BUG delver but maverick also makes an appearance occasionally. Grixis, infect and miracles are also present, which makes combo hard to run.

I've been on lands so far but I would like to have a second deck. Yes, we are running proxies.
>>
>>46991705
That sounds like a good meta to play delver in. ANT has trouble with BUG Delver, but would otherwise be a good choice for that meta. Dragon Stompy would actually be pretty good against most of that too
>>
How is Dragon Stompy against Miracles and Lands?
>>
>>46993188
Its ok. Chalice 1 against miracles is good, but blood moon can be a bit bad. I haven't played it much.

Against lands, turbo moon can be game g1. Chalice 2 turning off loam or chalice 1 to turn off molten vortex are fine.

Overall it's not aimed at thosec matchups, but it is possible to win
>>
>>46991697
I disagree since I've been pretty successful with it. You can't even remotely compare it to the vintage Gush Doomsday decks anyway since it operates so differently. However, i agree that most games you lose are not ones where you resolve Doomsday.
>>
>>46991705
Run this

1 [FUT] Dryad Arbor
1 [UNH] Forest
1 [TSP] Pendelhaven
1 [R] Savannah
1 [ZEN] Verdant Catacombs
2 [R] Bayou
2 [AVR] Cavern of Souls
3 [KTK] Wooded Foothills
4 [US] Gaea's Cradle
4 [KTK] Windswept Heath
1 [ON] Birchlore Rangers
1 [AVR] Craterhoof Behemoth
1 [LRW] Gaddock Teeg
1 [C14] Reclamation Sage
1 [M14] Scavenging Ooze
1 [] Shaman of the Pack
1 [C14] Wren's Run Packmaster
2 [C14] Llanowar Elves
3 [MOR] Heritage Druid
3 [EVE] Nettle Sentinel
3 [VI] Quirion Ranger
4 [RTR] Deathrite Shaman
4 [] Elvish Visionary
4 [SC] Wirewood Symbiote
1 [5E] Sylvan Library
1 [UL] Crop Rotation
4 [CHK] Glimpse of Nature
4 [MBS] Green Sun's Zenith
SB: 2 [NPH] Surgical Extraction
SB: 2 [RTR] Pithing Needle
SB: 1 [WL] Null Rod
SB: 1 [LG] Karakas
SB: 3 [JU] Cabal Therapy
SB: 3 [RTR] Abrupt Decay
SB: 2 [THS] Thoughtseize
SB: 1 Thalia, guardian of thraben
>>
>>46994635
A majority of the time, if you resolve doomsday, you win. In a slow meta, doomsday can be a fine option. In a meta like the current one, it's just way too slow. If all I was playing against was glacial slow control decks, I'd consider it a serious deck. As it stands, it's just a way to practice weird lines for ANT
>>
>>46994734
I guess the meta is somewhat unfavorable to it now but frankly even ANT is a bit to slow right now. Most of the storm decks that have been putting up results in major tournaments have been more in line with TES.
>>
File: 237675d788.jpg (328KB, 3314x1864px) Image search: [Google]
237675d788.jpg
328KB, 3314x1864px
>tfw i still have like 10,000 more magic cards to sort
CRAWLING IN MY SKIN
I DON'T HAVE THE ATTENTION SPAN FOR THIS
>>
>>46994774
I still think don't like TES as much as ANT. I played ANT until Eldrazi become flavor of the month, but I still believe ANT is the best build of storm. In my opinion, the best build probably doesn't bother with top/rain of filth, and runs 6 discard spells, 14 lands with 1 maindeck empty and 2 empties off the board.
Thread posts: 46
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.