[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

EDH/Commander General

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 326
Thread images: 54

File: 109.jpg (60KB, 312x445px) Image search: [Google]
109.jpg
60KB, 312x445px
Elder dragon edition

>RESOURCES

http://www.mtgcommander.net
>Official Site: Contains deck building rules and the current ban list.

http://www.tappedout.net
>Deck List Site: You can search for decks that other people have made. Authors often have comments that explain their deck’s strategy and card choices.

http://www.mtgsalvation.com/forums/the-game/commander-edh
>Another resource for commander discussion; they have an entire forum dedicated to discussing decks. People often make primers, which go into detail about how they built and play their deck.

http://www.edhrec.com/
>Statistically see what everyone else puts in their commander decks based on what is posted to the internet.

http://manabasecrafter.com/

>Find out what lands you can add to your deck, sorted by category, based on a chosen Commander’s color identity.

CARD SEARCHING

http://gatherer.wizards.com/
>Official search site. Current for all sets.

http://www.magiccards.info
>Unofficial, but has GOAT search interface

Any legendary or elder dragons that y'all run as commanders?
>>
I like Rith the awakener but I don't know if he's good enough to be played as the commander.
>>
>>46943916
1. Rith is not an Elder Dragon.
2. Rith is female.
3. Rith is fucking boss as shit. Go run her right now.

For real, Rith's actually a house. She hits hard (+1 power and she's 3HKOing people), she shits out tokens like they're going out of style, and she has great colors. You can't really go too wrong with a Rith deck. Even Rith goodstuff is pretty much fine.
>>
I'm considering running OG Nicol Bolas, reading the book and everything.
>>
What are the best value cards in sultai colors?
>>
>>46944079

I don't like any of the elder dragons because upkeep costs are stupid

But they have great art, bolas in particular, and bolas actually has an ability that almost matches its ridiculous mana cost and upkeep, unlike the other ones
>>
>>46944121

Don't even know how to begin answering this question
>>
>>46943005
>Any legendary or elder dragons that y'all run as commanders?
I've run all of the Elders at some point and currently run Nicol Bolas. I've also run all of the wedge and shard dragons before as well, to varying degrees of success:

Bolas: Grixis control, he's a finisher, it's a sweet deck.
Chromium: Esper goodstuff, he didn't matter.
Palladia-Mors: Naya goodstuff, she didn't matter
Arcades Sabboth: Bant goodstuff, he super didn't matter
Vaevictis Asmadi: Jund voltron, he was the primary kill (4 mana+double strike instagibs someone); it was alright, but a little samey. Took it apart after about 2 months.

Crosis: Grixis control, he was a great tool, but he made too many enemies with mono-color decks.
Dromar: Esper goodstuff, the bounce sucks (hits himself too much)
Rith: Naya token swarm, she was sweet, though Hazazon is likely better.
Treva: Bant goodstuff, she didn't matter much.
Darigaaz: Jund goodstuff, he was solid but unexciting, just a fat guy.

Intet: RUG goodstuff+some top deck manipulation; she was solid
Numot: USA land destruction, Numot didn't make friends; had a lot of fun though
Teneb: Junk reanimator, he was solid
Vorosh: BUG voltron(?), mostly goodstuff, but voltroning out was sweet
Oros: Dega goodstuff, Oros himself was shit, deck was fun though
>>
>>46944121
Way too many, youll have to be a bit more specific.

For dragons, Ive made a Dromoka, the Eternal deck. Im a fag for +1/+1 counters, so it didnt take much convincing.

For Elder dragons, Ive had my eye on Ojutai, although all the builds Ive seen for him have been pretty bland.
>>
>>46944257
Basicly, what im trying to do is recurring cards over and over out of my graveyard. So far my deck is ramp, removal, combo and combo protection, so I have around 15 card slots left which I need to win the game with. Im mainly looking for good value cards, cards that generally 2-1 or are an immediate threat to remove.
>>
File: image.jpg (2MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
2MB, 3264x2448px
R8/H8/Masterb8
>>
>>46944257
Meme cards
praetors, eldrazi, extra turn spells, genesis wave, board wipes
>>
>>46944394
looks fun, post trostani deck if you can please
>>
>>46944438
Sadly, I can't. I don't have anything on tappedout, because I hate using it. It's pretty standard though, kinda shitty actually. Won a game recently involving Phyrexian Processor, Illusionist's Bracers, and Trostani though, which was sweet.
>>
>>46944394
>radha
Why
Seems like a useless ability in edh
>>
>>46944491
She's a ramp spell. It's just r/g beats, but she guarantees a four drop on turn 3 every game, which is surprisingly solid.
>>
>>46943916
>I don't want to play a commander I like because I can't auto win with it.

Go back to playing Prossh.
>>
>>46944394
>Jenara

my fuckin nigga. What route did you go with her? I made a worse rafiq voltron deck
>>
>>46944664
Creatureless control, with a knowledge pool/rule of law/helix pinnacle kill. It also runs azor's elocutors and divine intervention, for giggles.
>>
File: greel.jpg (138KB, 1200x1178px) Image search: [Google]
greel.jpg
138KB, 1200x1178px
Hey edh general, what is your favorite interactive commander?

Pic related
>>
>>46944787
what's considered to be an "interactive" commander?
>>
>>46944787
i was actually just getting together a deck with this guy, got any sweet tech you wanna share? of course Geth's Grimoire is a no-brainer, and I put in a bunch more discard like Syphon Mind and Hymn as well as a bunch of Fleshbag effects and the specters that make you discard. Combined with Liliana's Caress and Megrim it does quite a bit of damage.
>>
>>46944892
Ones that don't just win by casting and combo. Ones that win by affecting other people's cards.

Personally I like Lin Sivvi. She's a neat toolbox commander that requires some outside the box thinking.
>>
>>46944787
More interaction with the players than cards, but I dig Tasigur for the politic games I can play for removal or counterspells while avoiding the UGx bullshit that can be done so easily with him.
>>
Whenever I play interactive commanders my group complains. Everyone just wants to jerk off
>>
>>46944787
>>46945170
Tasigur political control a best. I have a problem closing out games, though.

>>46945409
Play Hermit Druid or Ad Nauseam, then.
>>
How do I build an Iona deck that will control the game effectively? Once Iona is down, the fate's kind of sealed for a player or two, but getting to that point seems difficult since you're stuck hardcasting her.

Hatebears doesn't seem very viable since EDH is much more explosive than other formats. Is the best way to go about it just to jam mana rocks into the deck and play huge fatties as quickly as possible, With Luminarch Ascension to help keep me alive?

EDHrec shows that most people run the big angels, with a couple smaller drops like Mirran Crusader.

Or should I drop that all together and go B/W for stuff like Ashen Rider and a lot of recursion? I've heard white is a weak mono color in commander, but it's my favorite color to play in other formats.
>>
>>46945770
Mono white is the weakest color identity.

Iona is better in a BW reanimator shell. Going black also gets you a lot of other goodies, like tutors and card draw.
>>
>>46945839
Who would be an effective B/W commander for reanimator? I know Teysa, Orzhov Scion is a great commander in general since she can go infinite, but she's not particularly tied to reanimation.

I know some commanders aren't "Build Around", but are there stand out reanimator commanders?
>>
>>46946148
In B/W? No, not really. You could run someone inoffensive, like Selenia or the original Ghost Council, which would probably be your safest bet honestly.
>>
>>46946148
Athreos or Ayli. They don't directly lend themselves to the strategy of pooping out big creatures before you could ramp into them, but Athreos could theoretically help you get small value creatures back if you play with an idiot who don't like paying life and Ayli is a decent value commander. Honestly, BW, while a solid combination, has terrible commanders. Karador is probably the right commander.

That said, unless you're just dead set on playing Iona, BUG is probably the best color combo for reanimator.
>>
>>46946321

Bug and Abzan are pretty even in my opinion

Bug has more options to get stuff into your graveyard, Abzan has more options to get stuff out and also arguably better reanimating targets but thats debatable
>>
File: Image.jpg (32KB, 223x310px) Image search: [Google]
Image.jpg
32KB, 223x310px
If I Rings of Brieghthearth is on my field and I attach Illusionist Bracers to a creature and pay to activate that creatures ability, THEN pay the extra 2 to duplicate the ability being cast could I potentially quadruple the ability being cast?
>>
>>46946658

No that triples it

Activate ability -1-
Copied by bracers -2-
Copied by bright hearth -3-
>>
>>46946711
Ah ok, so I would want another two mana to spend to quadruple it. Thank you Ashnod's Altar.
>>
>>46946742

Rings of bright hearth is a triggered ability, not an activated ability, you may only pay 2 mana to copy an ability once for each time that ability is activated
>>
>>46946742
>>46946781

To quadruple your activated ability your best bet is to clone the rings
>>
File: 1460733200894.jpg (3MB, 5472x3648px)
1460733200894.jpg
3MB, 5472x3648px
>>46946781
Ok so tripling the ability is the most I could do at a time?

Scenario:

Have 5 B/U mana
Have 3 Fae on the field
Have Ashnod's Altar, Illusionist's Bracers, Brighthearth Rings on the field

Pay 1 B/U and Sac 2 Fae for 4 mana then sac another to trigger Rings ability. Opponent pulls 4 of the color chosen and I end up with 4 Fae.

Let that stack resolve.

Pay another 1 B/U Sac 3 Fae for 6 mana then another to trigger Rings again. etc.

Basically repeating over and over. I'm assuming that's pretty much how Oona blows away a deck when those circumstances are on the field right?

>>46946872
Yeah but that's REALLY stretching it.
>>
>>46944394
>Karn
You could do wirse for colorless

>Aurellia
That... really is among the best RW has to offer. Damn the color combo's commanders all suck.

>Radha
Love it

>Gisa
Everyone's favorite teenage necromancer (except for the people who like flip liliana)? She's probably not strong, but I have a soft spot

>Nicol
Yessssss

>Lyzolda
Does she work well when most people have much bigger numbers? I've seen a 60-card casual deck themed around her that's pretty good, but I'm not sure it would be a house in EDH

>Jhoira
I don't care if everyone hates her, she's the best

>Karlov
I feel like there has got to be a better choice for WB. Like, he's not terrible but was there really no one else?

>Trostani
Fuck that noise.

>Kozilek 1.0
Probably the best Eldrazi commander? He's not much fun but I guess you don't have a lot of options

>Jenara
Dull as a bag of hammers. Did you do something interesting with her, or just get big and beat face like every other Jenara? Gonna call that one a loss without more info.

8.5/11 good selection.
>>
>>46946952
I'm confused, are you talking about Rings triggering from Altar?
>>
>>46946952

As long as you keep hitting enough of the color you choose that works, might be more difficult against tricolor but you can build up mana by cycling through the combo targeting the mono colored player or even yourself if that works with your decklist
>>
File: 1461006339905.jpg (434KB, 1700x960px) Image search: [Google]
1461006339905.jpg
434KB, 1700x960px
>>46947011
I'm talking about using altar's ability to sac a faerie to pay for Ring's trigger until I'm out of color to pay for it.

>>46947048
I'm hoping Phyrexian Altar will help with that problem providing I tutor for it.
>>
>>46946954

Idk why everybody is sleeping on Karlov

He has his own deck and strategy, you can't simply choose a different black white commander and have that commander lead his deck
>>
>>46947076

I was referring to the color you name when you activate oona, but you reminded me that the combo needs colored mana to carry on
>>
File: waifu.jpg (235KB, 1011x697px) Image search: [Google]
waifu.jpg
235KB, 1011x697px
Rate, also give advice on my 6th commander pl0x.
>>
>>46944719
post list you woman
>>
>>46947185
yeah that's why I started with saying I only had 5 colored mana to use until the combo had to run out. With how many times the combo will multiply though the deck I'm drying up should be absolutely dissipated by that point though.

In the event that Phyrxian altar and Ashnod altar are on the field though the combo can be repeated infinitely.
>>
>>46947146
This

My buddy plays Karlov and he's a monster.

In what world is exiling shit a bad thing for a commander to have. And life gain is the easiest
>>
>>46947277
>>46947146
Well fuck me I guess I'll pick up the WB deck sometime. I felt Meren was the only thing worth having this wave but we shall see.
>>
>>46947225
Xenagod is linear and predictable but surprisingly super fun. Xenagod -> Atarka -> Seize the Day -> Seize the Day flashback is just absolutely bananas.
>>
>>46947354
Karlov's hilarious, the only reason I didn't build him is because I wanted Cleric tribal more, and Ayli fills that void.
>>
>>46945409
Same with my group only I'm not the one that gets complained to even though I play some form of a stax deck. It's fucking ridiculous sometimes because some of the bitching is so god damn hypocritical. "X from of combo is fine. Y form of combo is bad. Land destruction is wrong. Sway of the Stars et. al. are fine."
>>
>>46948836

Sway of the stars is banned for being stupid
>>
>>46948900
A lot of cards like that are stupid. I doubt all of them are banned. Just because something is on the banlist doesn't mean your group can't agree otherwise.
>>
100 cards isn't enough. I want to build mono red burn, but have it viable in 3, 4 person matches, so I'm trying to stuff burn, enters the battlefield and hurts spells like wars form and Purphoros, damage doubles, and goblins.

It seems so straight forward but I can't get it to jive. Too much goblin effects, not enough actual goblin producers. Get that worked out, now it's a goblin deck, so I rewrite it, now it's just burn that will run out of gas.

I can't build the simplest fucking color, I'm getting my autism so flared up.
>>
>>46949021
I'm in the same boat. I disassembled a fully functional xenagos deck to try and make a dimir reanimation deck of some variety, before realizing that I really want to make a golgari beatdown with fancy blue creatures. In the end I just said fuck it and built a giest of saint traft deck with equipment and card draw because I'm not very creative.
>>
>>46949074
Me neither, my favorite edh deck is Kemba equip. I have so little experience balancing this shit.
>>
>>46949094
I just love fatties so much. I have so many fatties and all I want to do is find the most efficient way to play them all at the same time. Then I get salty when people beat me down too hard early game while I'm setting up my janky techs and tutors. Magic is a cruel mistress.
>>
>>46949226
Evan pls go
>>
>>46949021
Start with Purph as your commander, that reduces variance and ensures that your goblins have etb damage, then since you're in mono red you geg to use Caged Sun, Gauntlet of Power, Extraplanar Lens and Gauntlet of Might. I would avoid damage doublers unless you're killing the turn that you cast them since you can easily die before your next turn. With mana doublers you can include a few burn spells Comet Storm, Banefire and a few more Fireball effects. Price Of Progress, Stranglehold, Blood Moon and Magus of the Moon are all staples in mono-r as well. Goblin Assault is a pretty good token generator with a negligible downside since Purph gets you value from them anyways. Purph's little brother Impact Tremors is also great. Effects like Sulphuric Vortex can be good as well. Burning of Xinye and Wildfire and awesome wipes that help keep big mana decks down. Jokulhaups is a no brainer and it's worth noting that Purph survives it as well. Sorry it this is a bit hard to read, on my phone and I just wrote down my thoughts as they came to me.
>>
>>46947225
Do you happen to have that Niv-Mizzet deck list?
>>
any good card shops in granada hills, CA for edh? ive got some shitty decks i want to play, meren toolbox, sigarda angel beaters, geth discard, and prossh token army

(although i need help with geth, im not sure how much i should lean into the discard abilities
>>
>>46949460
It wasn't hard to read, it was very helpful. I was trying to force flip Chandra as my commander, but what can I say? Purphoros is clearly what I want, I have no argument other than he's not pretty. Bye Chandra
>>
File: 113.jpg (79KB, 312x445px) Image search: [Google]
113.jpg
79KB, 312x445px
>>46949527
If you're really up for some hot jank in monored, you could toss some of that out and go for mono-red superfriend burn.
>>
>>46949815
Mono red super friend burn sounds like my favorite deck I haven't played
>>
File: 1338136635886.jpg (13KB, 244x250px) Image search: [Google]
1338136635886.jpg
13KB, 244x250px
Can I get some opinions on my janky combat trigger deck? Tappedout never has any opinions on it anymore....

http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/might-of-the-triggers/

Very casual battlecruiser meta I play in so huge CMC isn't as much an issue as it seems
>>
>>46949527
If you really wanna force Chandra then the best route is probably using Dual Casting. I feel like theres probably something clever to be done with Savage Beating, Dual Casting and Chandra as well.
Cast Savage Beating for combat step
Response to untap trigger tap to copy
Tap to copy again
First copy resolves untapping chandra
Tap chandra to copy one of the ones still on the stack
Ad Nauseam
>>
The gods were a mistake
>>
>>46950187
They're balanced at best, unplayable at worst. I'd say they were successful.
>>
>>46950187
What happened?

They're pretty fun
>>
>>46944511
How? Assuming you don't miss a land drop?
>>
>>46944953
Not him, but Waste Not is a no brainer as well, as well as Words of Waste
>>
>>46946872
>>46946952
Well, you COULD run strionic resonator to copy the rings trigger :^)
>>
File: nundeepthroat.webm (420KB, 426x426px) Image search: [Google]
nundeepthroat.webm
420KB, 426x426px
>>46950585
Yeah I thought about that but jesus I'm already tutoring enough to get all that other stuff set up you know? I have a spare one I can put in once the decks made to see how I could make it work but I'd feeling like I might as well be playing some sort of building simulator trying to fetch for all of those artifacts.
>>
>>46950585

Nah that's dumb cuz you have to pay another 2 mana

Instead you strionic resonate the bracers ability
>>
>>46949910
Well, it seems okay for casual meta, can't really say anything about it, since everything is meta-dependant. If I knew what kinds of games you have there, I probably could say something.
It's just that your curve bothers me like hell, and synergy is off. Guess I just don't like battlecruiser magic or just turning creatures sideways.
>>
>>46950742
Well, true. And then you can rings the resonator. Sculpting steel and mirrorworks are a must, so you can have at least 6 copies of bracers equipped.
And of course I assume that this is magical christmasland with snowstorm of mana.
>>
>>46950187
***Purph was a mistake
>>
>>46951008
>Synergy is off

I've always thought that was one of the strongest parts of the deck, even one or two key things out is pretty winmore

>Rage Reflection and Necropolis Reagent
>Raving Dead with Quietus Spike and Double Strike for life gain nerds
>Scourge of the Throne + Rage Reflection
>Doublestriking Wrexial
>Doublestriking Ink-Eyes
>Lots of hexproof/shroud so the above creatures can hit

The meta is pretty casual, lots of big spells and big creatures, and it's been working real well and I'm having fun with it, but I don't get a lot of opinions on it is all.
>>
File: I'm feelin it.png (306KB, 510x483px) Image search: [Google]
I'm feelin it.png
306KB, 510x483px
>>46951138
>mfw I imprinted a Phyrexian Metamorph into a Prototype Portal.
>>
>>46951235

How exactly does scourge of the throne combo with rage reflection?
>>
File: 1459777634754.jpg (364KB, 1904x1580px) Image search: [Google]
1459777634754.jpg
364KB, 1904x1580px
>>46951280
>>
>>46947225
Make 6th commander Marchesa.

Empty Throne is around the corner and I guarantee she'll get some good stuff to go with her.

Also, wouldn't hurt to have another 3 color deck
>>
Could someone help me with cuts for my tasigur list or any cheap staples im missing? Deck is mostly whatever i had laying around. Any help is appreciated. http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/26-04-16-tasigur-edh/
>>
>>46951409
Well more for whatever else is on the battlefield to take advantage of two double striking combats, or at the very least swinging for a whole lot of damage in the air

I've had a double striking, hexproof Wrexial with two combats before. It's what makes me like my deck so much.
>>
>>46952657
>>46952657
I was just going to ask how to into politics with tasigur as well. Right now my next deck is either him or mimeoplasm and politics seems more interesting.
>>
>>46953095
Politics are for pussy foot groups who cry when they lose.
>>
>>46943005
I play this one on cock all the time, once people realize what it is they are usually pleasantly surprised

http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/the-jenara-is-a-lie-or-the-morph-deck-that-could/
>>
So Im currently running a Xaihou Dun, The One Eyed Deck, and I'm Currently running the following combo:

Creature denial Hide

Lethal Vapors + Pithing Needle : This is one of the best creature locks in the deck. Play Pithing Needle naming Lethal Vapors leaving your opponents unable to skip their turn to get rid of Lethal Vapors.

But I've notice a GIGANTIC flaw in this combo...

Lethal Vapors + Pithing Needle

Since Pithing Needle doesn't allow the activated mana abilites, this combo would not work. According to TWOC:

"Activated abilities include a colon and are written in the form [cost]: [effect]. Triggered abilities and static abilities of the named card work normally."

becuase Lethal Vapors's ability is: :Destroy Lethal Vapors. You skip your next turn. Any player may play this ability.

It is technically a mana ability. So, unfortunately, this combination doesn't work.

HOWEVER...
>>
File: 848626.jpg (118KB, 555x445px) Image search: [Google]
848626.jpg
118KB, 555x445px
>>46953407
Lethal Vapors's Activated ability does not respond to the effect of Pithing Needle, because TWOC clearly states that triggered and static abilities are not affected by Pithing Needle's ability.

SO, in short, and to be curt, Pithing Needle, when used on Lethal Vapors does absolutely nothing. I love the deck and keep finding new combos every time I mess with it, but this combo specifically occurred to me, and after a bit of research, it seems to be a somewhat common misconception.

This deck is HEAVILY reliant on combos like this one, and there are MANY MANY more to discover, but I am having a hard time finding definite win cons in it. This creature denial was a combo that I have been using and was a pretty brutal shutdown, but now that I can't rely on it, I'm not even sure if I should use Pithing Needle in this deck.

The deck's goal is control, but I'm just not sure If Pithing Needle fits anymore... If it doesn't, what do you suggest I add to replace it? Especially a card that might combo well with Lethal Vapors.

Also, obviously, I'd like everyone who sees this to check out my deck, and its you like it postively upvote it, blah blah

but what I'm looking for more than upvotes and recognition, is how to make this deck as combination fluid as possible, and I want to be a master of playing this deck. Really get to know it inside and out... So if you do happen to experiment with it, or stumble upon a combo that I haven't found yet and listed in the description, then I would appreciate it greatly if you commented on the deck's page, this thread, or even PMed me to let me see the combo.

Thankyou greatly to anyone that helps, and if there's anyone who needs help with a deck, let me know. I'm very good at constructing Mono-Black decks, so especially ask me if you have questions about that.

Sorry for a gigantic post. Pics related
>>
>>46953407
>>46953432
Bruh.

Mana abilities are those that produce mana, e.g. sol ring, lands, ashnod's altar, etc. Lethal vapors does not produce mana you dumb-dumb.
>>
>>46953432
pithing needle DOES do something to vapors ya dingus, it stops it's ACTIVATED ABILITY from being used.

reading comprehension is lost on /tg/ it seems
>>
File: 1435902568970.png (87KB, 390x352px) Image search: [Google]
1435902568970.png
87KB, 390x352px
>>46953504
>>
>>46953350
k
>>
>>46953578
Well it's true in my experience anyways. I prefer the games to just be "kill everyone but yourself", games go quicker, people cry way less. The decks even seem to be crafted better
>>
Building BUG. Wanna make it as horrific in appearance and theme as possible. Would Mimeoplasm Lovecraft stuff work? Or Damia voodoo fun?
>>
>>46953623
Each meta is different.
>>
>>46953954
Just use Mimeoplasm yeah and check out the Horror Tribal section in edhrec. I say a good bit of recs from that page fit what you want.
>>
File: EDHlist5.jpg (816KB, 3000x2000px) Image search: [Google]
EDHlist5.jpg
816KB, 3000x2000px
Oona is pretty much finished. Still only slightly skeptical about it probably because I'm not used to playing blue and I'm not used to control.

Decided to retire Kaalia because I never really used her and she had plenty of other valuable parts I could use for my other decks. Most notably lands to use in my future Aurelia and Grixis Zombie deck.

I revisited my Grixis Zombie deck and realize now I probably could piece that together but I'm going to hold back and wait still to see what Eldritch Moon drops. I feel that there may be something good I can still give to make the deck better. Probably a new Lilliana Planeswalker which I'm going to guess will drop for the set.

I also realize now that I really enjoy tribal decks and tokens. Does that make me bad/boring?
>>
>>46953432
This post is copypasted from a Tappedout page.

Wtf
>>
File: not-bad.jpg (38KB, 625x478px) Image search: [Google]
not-bad.jpg
38KB, 625x478px
>>46943005
One of the original elder dragons is a giant robot dragon with rampage?
>>
File: Dragon9.jpg (40KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
Dragon9.jpg
40KB, 375x523px
>>46954762
The card isn't considered an artifact but I wonder if the original 3 ever got some sort of revamp WOTC would give it an Artifact-type.
>>
>>46944461
Not EDH related but I made a casual deck focusing on Trostani with some cards I have. It feels pretty darn good populating Titan Forge, Stone Idol Trap, and Phyrexian Rebirth tokens.
>>
>>46953954
You could run a bunch of curses, including the new Accursed Witch.
>>
How did /edh/ become the best mtg general?
>>
File: Horror1.jpg (31KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
Horror1.jpg
31KB, 375x523px
>>46955940
Positive attitude I'd like to think. Constructive conversation makes for the comfiest threads. Especially on /tg/.
>>
>>46946599
So I'm thinking I may use Anafenza for the commander. She's not really a commander to be built around, but her colors hit the good reanimation spells, ways to get things into the graveyard, and she herself hates on strategies before I get my bigger creatures out.

Should I just go full on Abzan Goodstuff? The colors seem good at keeping the pressure on early. I'm still pretty set on at least using Iona, but I realize that if she's in the 99 I can't rely on her as the main wincon of the deck.
>>
>>46955940
Did I miss a memo?
>>
>>46956156
>go to Modern or Standard
>Shit posting
>Unfriendly towards any deck besides tier 1 or 2

>Go to Lore
>no lore discussion
>one giant circle jerk over OC Donuts

>Go to Legacy or Pauper
>thread dies before 50 post count

Don't get me wrong, we have our own share of shit posting. You can actually get positive conversation and advice here consistently. The only time the threads really derail is when there is an excess of banlist discussion.
>>
>>46956376
That's fair. I mean, casual formats are pretty great in that regard.

Anyway, any of ya'll have a cheapo five color mana bases? How many basics?
>>
>>46949889
Not him, but I've played it. It's a magical deck that is terrible but so much fun.
>>
>>46956469
I think Tolarian Community College just did a video about it.

Mirage Fetchlands, Battlelands, Painlands, Scrylands, Cecklands.

Signets and Talismans.

2-4 of each Basic depending how heavy you lean on a color.
>>
>>46954580
Im that guy. I wanted a second opinion.

>be me
>2016
>be dumb
>>
>>46956511
If you have a moment, mind giving me the shape of it? I imagine every single
Chandra possible as well as Koth and, what, Tibalt?
>>
>>46957452
I suppose Karn and Ugin should be in it too, actually.
>>
File: 1420974044368.jpg (236KB, 691x625px) Image search: [Google]
1420974044368.jpg
236KB, 691x625px
>>46956904
>>
>>46957452

It's very similar to my old faithful:

http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/ashling-burn-control/

I thought I had a proper list, but alas I do not.
>>
>>46957452
Those and all the usual artifacts that work well with Walkers. Chain Veil, lots of proliferate, stuff like that.
>>
Does anyone play Tiny Leaders here?

Is this the right place to talk about it?
>>
File: 1441815204452.gif (3MB, 200x170px)
1441815204452.gif
3MB, 200x170px
>>46958271
>>
>>46958271
Technically this would be the place, but no one here really likes Tiny Leaders, so the best you'll probably get is "dead meme legacy lite"
>>
>>46943005
I'm looking at building either a U/B or U/B/w Stax deck. What commanders would you guys suggest? Also, are there any cards I should be looking at that use the enemy's graveyard to kill them?

I'm also still working on Scarecrow King in the back of my mind. I just can't decide if I should keep it to two colors, go to four, or go full retard and five color it up.
>>
>>46957452

Oh also, yes. I ran every single red Walker except Tibalt, plus Ugin and I would have run Karn if I owned him.

>>46958252

I actually didn't run much proliferate because it bogged the deck down. I think I even cut Volt Charge, much to my dismay.

You have to play Chandra like Chandra. Think like a red mage. What is happening NOW. What needs to be done NOW. The future can go fuck itself if now doesn't happen, and the past is already gone. Don't try to set up for some big combo or super trick. Focus on what's in front of you and move towards victory. Don't be afraid to wheel, just do it. Don't worry about what creatures might get played later, just burn the problem creature now.

Use both fire and fist logic.
>>
>>46958271
Everyone was so excited about "tiny leaders" and yet it died almost completely within a few months.
>>
>>46944394
Karn list please.
>>
>>46958449

>needing a list for monobrown
>>
>>46958409
>You have to play Chandra like Chandra. Think like a red mage. What is happening NOW. What needs to be done NOW. The future can go fuck itself if now doesn't happen, and the past is already gone. Don't try to set up for some big combo or super trick. Focus on what's in front of you and move towards victory. Don't be afraid to wheel, just do it. Don't worry about what creatures might get played later, just burn the problem creature now

Holy God damn autism
>>
I want to get my kitchen table group to play edh but I feel like it might be overwhelming to them, since two of them are fresh meat with only a month under their belt.

Is edh considered to be one of the better multi player formats? We constantly play five.
>>
>>46958759
yes. start them off with precons and then tweak those how they desire
>>
>>46958777
What do you mean by precons?
>>
>>46958705

If that's what you want to call it. It's monored burn walkers. You don't have the luxury of tutors or draw. The best you get are wheels and temp draw. On top of that, there is almost no recursion. Putting a combo piece into the deck that isn't effective on its own is generally far more harmful than it is good because you'll hesitate when you should really wheel your hand away. That's also why you should use your removal on something that needs when you have it instead of waiting for a certain thing. Obviously don't blow it on a vanilla do nothing, but if there's something juicy, then just kill it. There could be a Reforge the Soul on top of your library, and your removal will go to waste.
>>
File: commander2014.jpg (77KB, 710x264px) Image search: [Google]
commander2014.jpg
77KB, 710x264px
>>46958812
The Commander decks that Wizards sells, they usually come with a nice balance of value and are simple enough for newer players to not be overwhelmed by immediately.
These are what last year's boxes looked like.
>>
>>46958812
http://lmgtfy.com/?q=commander+precons
>>
>>46946954
>You could do worse for colorless
Agreed. He's my low-power colorless general.

>That... really is among the best RW has to offer. Damn the color combo's commanders all suck.
Sure is. She's surprisingly amazing at murdering people. Games with Aurelia end rapidly.

>Love it
Me too, she's my darling, played her since '06.

>Everyone's favorite teenage necromancer (except for the people who like flip liliana)? She's probably not strong, but I have a soft spot
Tribal zombies steals games sometimes.

>Yessssss
yessssssss

>Does she work well when most people have much bigger numbers? I've seen a 60-card casual deck themed around her that's pretty good, but I'm not sure it would be a house in EDH
I don't know. I built her two days ago and have no idea how she plays yet. She draws a *lot* of cards though.

>I don't care if everyone hates her, she's the best
Mine isn't, she's just suspendfatties.dek.

>I feel like there has got to be a better choice for WB. Like, he's not terrible but was there really no one else?
I used to have a Vish Kal deck, but Karlov runs lifedrain.dek better than Vish Kal did.

>Fuck that noise.
?? I like tokens.

>Probably the best Eldrazi commander? He's not much fun but I guess you don't have a lot of options
...he's a terrifying shitstorm of fuck you. Kozilek is easily my strongest deck, and truly a monster.

>Dull as a bag of hammers. Did you do something interesting with her, or just get big and beat face like every other Jenara? Gonna call that one a loss without more info.
>>46944719 is me.

>>46947240
Eat a bag of dicks, cockgargler. (Translation: I don't have one)

>8.5/11 good selection.
Thanks, /edh/. I seem to have done well. They're fun decks and haven't let me down too badly.
>>
Does fresh meat work with tokens?
>>
>>46959231
Read the card. Does it say "nontoken"? No? Then yes, it works with tokens.
>>
>>46958867
>last year
>2014
>>
File: bleehhh.jpg (284KB, 1758x924px) Image search: [Google]
bleehhh.jpg
284KB, 1758x924px
>>
>>46959504
deck lists are as follows

http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/the-great-cycle-of-being/

http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/28-04-16-hail-to-the-king-baby/

http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/mama-prossh-and-her-brood/

http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/ride-the-sky-and-carry-heavy-sticks/
>>
File: Image.png (131KB, 223x311px) Image search: [Google]
Image.png
131KB, 223x311px
Here are my current decks I'm working on. I also have a Jarad dredge/reanimate deck and a Talrand counter/draw deck. I play a decent amount of pet cards in my decks (pic related: my favorite instant green draw spell).

Thraximundar control (no card worth more than $5):
http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/5-thraximundar/

Sidisi, Undead Vizier zombie tribal:
http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/26-04-16-mono-black-zombie/
>>
>>46954762
I have him in my binder for when I feel like playing casul Esper Jank
>>
File: r8 h8 db8.jpg (2MB, 5312x2988px)
r8 h8 db8.jpg
2MB, 5312x2988px
>>46944394

>Lyzolda

My dark skinned brother!

Deck with no general is Merieke Ri Berit, friend has one for me tomorrow for EDH night.
>>
File: 1420767602258.gif (904KB, 427x240px) Image search: [Google]
1420767602258.gif
904KB, 427x240px
>>46960217
>waifu decks
>weebshit boxes
>>
>>46960217
Timetwister seems like a pretty good commander you should stick with that instead.
>>
File: Meandrazi2.jpg (85KB, 960x701px) Image search: [Google]
Meandrazi2.jpg
85KB, 960x701px
>>46960264

>4chan
>calling others weebs

Anon I..
>>
File: 1415282520274.gif (407KB, 250x250px) Image search: [Google]
1415282520274.gif
407KB, 250x250px
>>46960272
>4chan is our sekrit animu club! only weebs allowed!
>>
File: where.jpg (99KB, 944x712px) Image search: [Google]
where.jpg
99KB, 944x712px
>>46960294

No one is gonna make you watch anime, but whining about anime on 4chan is like whining that you went to the beach and there was sand.
>>
>>46960217
Rei 2 kute
>>
>>46960294
>>46960318

Just fuck already.
>>
File: 1457468751662.gif (3MB, 811x456px) Image search: [Google]
1457468751662.gif
3MB, 811x456px
>>46960331

I have a waifu, I don't need some 3dpd Anon who doesn't even like anime.
>>
>>46960217
is that twister International or Collector's Edition?
>>
>>46960362

It's CE.
>>
>>46960318
Showing disgust =/= whining

To be honest, anon, I'm glad that you publicly brand yourself a weeby faggot. That way actually respectable players know to avoid you.
>>
File: Theros art 3.jpg (70KB, 1024x775px) Image search: [Google]
Theros art 3.jpg
70KB, 1024x775px
HELP!

Does anybody know who is the best BUDGET W/U commander? I was thinking about building around Daxos but IDK if I should choose a different one. Does anybody have a daxos list to look at? How can I make daxos safe from my opponent's spells?

Thank you.
>>
Bruna is pretty good on a budget, the UW god might be good as well.
>>
>>46944394
Got a list for that Karn?
>>
>>46958373
U/B doesn't have really any good stax commanders. Out of them, I would say Sygg, but eh.
Esper has better Choices, but most of them still lean on the combo side. Still, there is Merieke and Triplets, which are not combo.
>>
>>46960537
>I have no idea what GAIV is
>the post
>>
>>46960548
he asked about blUe/Black anon, not U/W. You are not wrong though.
>>
File: 1414303239397.png (74KB, 500x461px) Image search: [Google]
1414303239397.png
74KB, 500x461px
>>46960557

>tfw I made the exact same mistake you did but managed to delete it faster.
>>
>>46958409
Come to think, if the flipwalker is equipped, doesn't the equipment get permanently exiled on flip?
>>
>>46960567

Oh. Thinking U/B has no Stax is even more retarded because Grimgrin exists. He is a sac outlet who kills shit when he attacks in colors that include grave pact. >>46960537
>>
>>46960578

What? Why the hell would you think that? The flipwalkers blink themselves. Anything attached to them stops being attached, eh equips stay and auras die.
>>
>>46947225
Xenagos ramp + fatties is pretty hard to go wrong with
>>
File: 86.jpg (28KB, 600x580px)
86.jpg
28KB, 600x580px
>>46958271
This is probably the right place but Tiny Leaders sucks ass so nobody talks about it
>>
>>46959336
the ones that were released before the most recent ones
>>
File: 39.jpg (102KB, 500x1200px) Image search: [Google]
39.jpg
102KB, 500x1200px
>>46960294
>>
>>46960421
Brago makes a decent budget commander. You could use daxos too, though, as he is bad in a way no one is going to remove him, unless there's some really high quality auras or equips on him.
>>
>>46960557
GAAIV is UW you fucking moron. He was asking for blue and black.
I'm colorblind, but just wow.
>>
>>46960619
Because I'm retarded and had a brainfart.
For some reason I thought it worked like phasing, and equips didn't unattach.
>>
>>46958166
I'm going to copy this blatantly. Sorry to jack your work, but it's good.
>>
>>46960835

No problem. Enjoy. Like I said, it's old faithful.
>>
File: 1438703577451.png (59KB, 215x216px)
1438703577451.png
59KB, 215x216px
>>46959504
Marchesa rogue tribal.
>>
I swear, the only reason I have cancer commanders is because of my meta. Although there is something deeply satisfying about winning with Mizzix.
>>
>>46960674
tiny leaders was fucking gay, they should have just played with 50 card commander decks
>>
>>46960578
Lot of newbies itt today.
Protip guys, if you're confused about an interaction, go to the gatherer page for the relevant card(s) and scroll down.
>>
So I just got the BW precon, and I'm looking to make a Karlov deck. Problem is, looking through the precon I see a fair bit of cool enchantment matters stuff.

I'm wondering, whats the best general for an enchantment focused deck in BWx. I don't want to run daxos as a friend does so, and I also don't have any decks of the same colour combination
>>
I just wanted to say thanks, its been a really rough semester, this thread has been a positive distraction for me these past few months. I've been working on a new deck, once it is finished I can't wait to post it for you guys to tear it apart.
>>
>>46961896
Zur or Ertai are available for you in Esper colours.
>>
>>46962015
Not keen on Zur, way too popular and hated. Ertai looks cool, and I've never done esper before, but goddamn it can be hard to find those ancient generals...
>>
File: commanders.jpg (702KB, 1138x946px) Image search: [Google]
commanders.jpg
702KB, 1138x946px
>>46944394
I need to fix Kazuul, the CMC is uncomfortably high and more rocks are needed to better fit the MLD theme
>>
>>46956469
Check out the TCC video, fampai. Regardless of what you think of the guy, the video is extremely thorough and helpful.
>>
>>46945770
Luminarch Ascension does the exact opposite of keeping you alive, Everyone targets it.
>>
File: artifactallstars.png (465KB, 669x310px) Image search: [Google]
artifactallstars.png
465KB, 669x310px
ok /tg/ i need a commander and general advise on jeskai artifacts EDH,these 3 are included
>>
>>46962996
Bit specific, but I think the best chance you'll have is practically a 99 card singleton with a jeskai commander.

None of the commanders have real synergy with artifacts, aside from "goodstuff".

I would say Narset; being able to rip noncreature artifacts off the top is pretty good, so I would use her.
>>
>>46962996
There aren't a lot of RWU commanders. Your options are

Narset. OK for artifacts but a deck commanded by Narset is always going to be a Narset deck and hated accordingly

Zedruu: Well, you can pass off Bronze Bombshell or Jinxed artifacts for shits and giggles.

Ruhan: Lolrandom, but has basically no deckbuilding direction which makes him a decent choice to just flag down color access

Shu Yun: Not bad with a ton of noncreature artifacts which, yeah, looks legit.

Numot: My number 1 pick because I love LD, but Shu Yun probably synergizes better.

Thoughts on your cards: Arcum and Welder are basically no-brainers. They're both super powerful, Arcum being a kickass commander on his own (turn an ornithopter into a darksteel forge? Don't mind if I do). Guardian is more iffy since he'll stop you from targeting your own shit (say with untap effects), but you can turn him off pretty trivially so maybe he makes the 99.

Get Daretti in the 99. If you're really fancy, run Darksteel Reactor as a primary wincon (there are plenty of ways to charge it faster) and live in fear of Into the Core more than you already did
>>
>>46963240
they are all in the 99 ,i know guardian fucks with welder and dagsson but there is no way that all 3 will be alive in the same turn in a 5 player game
>>
>>46963240
and they are not no-brainers,they actually give you shit to think about
>>
>>46963404
a "no brainer" usually refers to the choice to include, not the choice it produces on the battlefield
>>
>>46962377
Tcc is cool, minus the reddit pandering, gamur grill shit and the cosplayer skits. His info vids are legit
>>
>>46950187
What are you on about? With the exception of Purphoros and MAYBE Xenagos, every god is either balanced or hot garbage.

>>46961315
The only cancer I really see is Meren and Oloro.

How exactly does one build Kruphix?
>>
>>46944052
My bro! Rith is my current favorite deck

http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/in-a-dragons-garden/
>>
>>46963635
>Meren
>Cancer
Nigga, what?
>>
>>46959744
Hell yeah, I run Krosan Tusker and Elvish Aberration in Jarad. Both are really nice in a deck where they can get cycled early game and brought back with Living Death later.
>>
>>46963808
Fuck me meant Mizzix.
>>
>>46963897
>>46963808
Both are still annoying though.
>>
File: EDH Decks.png (917KB, 1349x401px) Image search: [Google]
EDH Decks.png
917KB, 1349x401px
Rate me
>>
>>46960390

Disagreeing with me = whining
>>
>>46962996

That guardian dude is essentially strictly worse than leonin abunas
>>
>>46964110

preconbaby/10
>>
File: Commander.png (249KB, 750x400px) Image search: [Google]
Commander.png
249KB, 750x400px
Rate em/ Hate em/ Debate em
>>
>>46964110
>Roon
Is green really worth it to play slowpoke the rhino rather than Brago the flicker king?

>Marath
Deck seems good, at least.

>Arjun
There are many ways to play wheel of fortune and lab maniac is not a good one considering he doesn't actually get cards out of your library.

>Yisan
Barding Pod is a pretty good monocolor comander

>Wydwen
I'd almost always prefer Oona for faeries.dec. Wydwen can kinda sorta not really pretend to be Derevi and beyond that? Not a whole lot. Oona has a plan.

>Shattergang
It'll do.

3/6 Room to Improve.
>>
File: 1432066562472.png (211KB, 452x397px) Image search: [Google]
1432066562472.png
211KB, 452x397px
>Tfw go on EDHREC looking for a new commander to use.
>Tfw it only pumps out either the most generic decks that everyone does, or ridiculously useless shit that just isn't viable at all.
>Tfw no middle ground anywhere.
>>
>>46964969
It's just a data compilation

It just tells you what cards people use, it does not build the deck for you.
>>
>>46964980
I know that, I meant I normally like to go on there and hit random a bunch to find a new commander.
>>
>>46964990
Then why does it matter what decks it gives you if you're only looking for the commander?
>>
>>46944203
Numot is fun in theory, but he usually gets killed before he does anything
>>
>>46965032
I think I worded what I meant wrong. My bad. I meant it just keeps pumping out Prossh, Meren, Oloro, Vish Kal, etc.
>>
>>46964799
Only Roon was a precon, and now has almost no original cards left in it

>>46964963
Yeah green is worth it, Seedborn Muse and loads of fantastic ETB creatures, not to mention the ramp

Arjun uses Alhammaret's Archive/Thought Reflection to empty the library in 4-6 spells, plus other win cons like Psychosis Crawler

Oona is overdone and would tempt me to make another combo deck, when I already have 2
>>
>>46946658
I like how most cards in the Oona deck can be searched out with mystical teachings
>>
>>46960421
I personally live my Noyan Dar deck. A lot of the good cards in it are cheap. Like terra eternal. He is an average commander who loves bizarre corner case rares. Like darksteel garrison or consecrate land. Then Ponder, brainstorm and cantrips your way to victory.
>>
File: 1422417934217.jpg (57KB, 688x512px) Image search: [Google]
1422417934217.jpg
57KB, 688x512px
>>46965060

>3 precon commanders
>not a precon baby
>>
I'm tempted to build a really stupid deck based around Kentaro, the smiling cat and cards like pearl medallion and urza's incubator to make all samurai free, then use cloudstone curio and cards to go infinite with ETB triggers like altar of the brood or champion of the parish.
>>
>>46965176
>calling someone a precon baby for liking commanders designed to be commanders
>>
File: DIDNTHAVEASWORD.png (139KB, 383x474px) Image search: [Google]
DIDNTHAVEASWORD.png
139KB, 383x474px
>>46965251

>thinking precon baby commanders aren't cancer
>>
>>46965275
>implying precon commanders are the best commanders
>when Narset exists
>>
>>46965303

>Thinking Narset is anywhere near top tier

Holy fuck why are weebs so trash at this game, can't you fucking retards go play yugioh and leave actual gamers to play actual games
>>
File: Untitled-7.png (1MB, 1296x479px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled-7.png
1MB, 1296x479px
Gwafa Hazid has yet to really work for me, I might just give up on it.
>>
Really enjoying my new Lazav deck, I'm glad I put it together. Though yesterday I won through a Mindcrank/Duskmage combo, which I felt bad about setting off.
>>
>>46965303
>implying nonprecon commanders are the best
>when derevi exists
>>
>>46963635
You can build Kruphix all sorts of ways. Personally I've got him as a ramp heavy artifact deck.
>>
>>46965347
wrexial list please? ive been itching to try him so much
>>
>>46965592
http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/13-11-14-wrexial-the-risen-deep/

It's a combination of mill, control, clones, discard, and commander damage. AKA every Dimir deck ever.

The deck is actually a lot of fun, I need to play it more often.
>>
File: 1459674877572.jpg (69KB, 856x667px) Image search: [Google]
1459674877572.jpg
69KB, 856x667px
>>46965641
>mfw wizards will print ANOTHER mill focused UB commander in the near future
>>
File: hqdefault.jpg (9KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault.jpg
9KB, 480x360px
>>46965657
>mfw I would welcome more interesting mill support cards that would come with it.

but seriously, Wizards needs to be more adventurous with Dimir strategies.
>>
File: 1412112170369.png (13KB, 381x380px) Image search: [Google]
1412112170369.png
13KB, 381x380px
>>46965746
Why no Cipher commander? Like a Varolz, but with Cipher.
>>
>>46965746
>>46965657
>>46965779
How about, instead of milling cards to the graveyard, they get EXILED instead!?!
>>
>>46965803

Stolen by the eldrazi

Those bastards
>>
>>46965803
>>46965819
Get ready for the UB Eldrazi Exile Mill Cipher Commander coming in Battle for The Return to the Oath of Kamigawa.
>>
>>46965819
O-oh yeah....I guess aside from Cipher then Dimir is sort of a one trick pony for now.

Maybe we'll visit Ravnica a third time one day and there will be something new going on.
>>
I'm alright with more Cipher.
>>
>>46965779
That would be crazy powerful, I don't know how they would balance it. It sounds fun, though.
>>
>>46965847
i fucking hope not. tired of revisiting places. especially mirrodin. fuck that place so hard with a 10 foot cat penis dildo.
>>
>>46965885
>he doesn't know
>>
>>46965878
Maybe like
"Whenever you play a spell, you may pay an additional 1UB, that spell gains Cipher."
or some shit like that?
>>
>>46965897
whats there to know? all these revisits to planes just seem busted and tired.
>>
>>46965977
Innistrad is fun
>>
Thinking about getting Oona, Queen of the Fae for a Blue/Black deck. Is this a Good idea?

Also thinking about getting a UBW Commander for a future deck. How's Ertai the Corrupted?
>>
>>46966031
Oona is really good in almost any way you build her. The only worthwhile dedicated mill commander, the best faerie tribal, or even just a good mana sink in a dimir goodstuff deck.

She is very strong, and has a reputation as such, so you may get hated out if you are not careful.
>>
>>46966194
I'm tempted to build Phenax as a dedicated mill commander, have a bunch of fat walls and mill a good chunk. Seems like he would be funny with Consuming Aberration, especially if you pull of a traumatize
>>
>>46965995
theme wise, sure. but its really quite dull, with no real exciting cards for edh
>>
>>46966260
I have a friend who has a Phenax mill deck. He says that the trick is to pick one person when the game starts and relentlessly go after him/her. I have seen it one time, when I played a global seedborn muse type of card that untapped his creatures every turn.

He says it doesn't win often, but its fun for him.
>>
>>46966271
>Gitrog Monster
>Relentless Dead
>Diregraf Colossus
>etc.

You are absolutely trolling at this point
>>
>>46966271

Not true

Second harvest is a new edh staple for token decks

Eerie interlude is an incredible card strictly better than ghostway which was an incredible card that wins games in edh
>>
>>46966271
You mean you didn't see anything for your decks. My friend flipped for Ever After and Relentless Dead
>>
>>46966271
>Second Harvest
>Cryptolith Rite
>etc

>>46966334
This guy knows
>>
>>46966334
Play rith, can confirm

>>46966366
Still confirming, cryptolith rites isn't as good as druids repository though.

>>46966303
I'd think you would choose the creature heavy deck and go to town reanimating his stuff. But definitely choose one, so you don't spread out.

I also enjoy not winning, I play rackdos the defiler sometimes
>>
>>46966457
I'll probably end up putting both druids repository and cryptolith rite in my Trostani deck. I mean why not?
>>
>>46966271
Gitrog Monster, Second Harvest, Cryptolith Rite, Seasons Past, and Relentless dead all say 'hi'. There are probably more. Black and especially green made out like bandits.
>>
>>46966664

White got eerie interlude and always watching, the latter is more signifIcant in draft but still cool

Blue didn't get anything interesting as far as I know though
>>
>Measure of Wickedness

How does this card work exactly?
I play it, lose life at my end step, then once another card enters my grave yard I can pass it on to someone else, whereupon they have to sacrifice it at their endstep, it goes back in my GY, and when I put another card in my GY I can stick it on another opponent?
>>
>>46966724

You got it right
>>
>>46966724
It's hot potato. "Card to my graveyard from anywhere" is the condition to throw your potato.

>Play Measure
>If anything hits your grave from anywhere, you give it to someone else
>If a player doesn't manage to give it away before their end step, Measure dies and the sucker loses 8 life.
>>
>>46966664
cryptolith is the only one worth being a staple, git and second are only viable in decks that need them, and those are few and far between
>>
>>46965779
2ub: the next instant or sorcery you cast gets cipher?
Something like that?
>>
>>46966724
Use it in some kind of aristocrat build?
>>
>>46965335
>this entire post
You obviously haven't played with or against Narset yet.
>>
>>46966881

What?

Dude second harvest goes in many more decks than cryptolith rite, it's one of the best token spells of all time at this point, up there with saproling symbiosis

Whereas I would only play be excited about Cryptolith in decks with lots of haste enabling
>>
>>46967032

Narset is trash in a competitive meta, and you're a fucking retard for thinking otherwise.
>>
>>46966950

That would be unplayable

Try

2UB
2/2
All instant and sorcery spells you cast have cipher
>>
>>46967070

Nah that's broken

Maybe with a cmc restriction
>>
>>46966950
>>46967070
Seems much to good in a format with so many extra turn effects on instants and sorceries. What we would need is more cipher cards and them a sort of Edric but for Cipher.
Mana Cost
_____ Dimir Encryptionist
Whenever a ciphered creatures deals combat damage to a player you may scry 3
1UB: Target creature is unblockable this turn.
P/T
>>
>>46967159

That seems really bad though besides the unblockable part

Doesn't actually do anything toward making cipher more viable and doesn't do anything about the fact that there are only a few viable cipher cards in the first place

If it ain't granting cipher to cards that didn't have it, it ain't doing nothing really
>>
>>46967159

You're right about the extra turns issue but it's no different from any other extra turns combo except that it's even easier to disrupt since you can just kill the ciphered creature
>>
>>46967159

As far as I know there are no instant extra turn cards so maybe limit it to instants and no sorceries?
>>
>>46967228
I was rather hesitant to make the combat damage trigger more powerful, it would be draw a card, or they discard as well. Like I said we'd need more cipher cards as well though.
>>46967272
That sounds like a much better idea.
>>
>>46967344

I'm not sure card designers should "play around" extra turn spells to begin with

Look at Soulfire grandmaster

Awesome card that happens to go infinite with time warp, doesn't make Soulfire grandmaster broken in the slightest
>>
>>46966664
Did red get anything decent at all?
>>
>>46967450
what color?
>>
>>46967450

Sin prodder is kinda cool but not great, something you can play but not something that you should go out of your way to find a cut for
>>
>>46967450
That burn spell that removes Indestructible is pretty cool.
>>
File: image.jpg (45KB, 223x310px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
45KB, 223x310px
Post superficially unimpressive cards that have been workhorses for you
>>
>>46958166

No Strata Scythe?
>>
>>46967487
>>46967529
Thanks. I'm especially a fan of burn, how could I have missed that.
>>
>>46967065
Why is this?
>>
>>46967559
dat art is kinda surreal desu... kind of like how I would imagine the chaos wastes to be like
>>
>>46967665

Because she costs 6 mana, and requires an attack to have any effect? Real decks will win before you swing, even with mana rocks and greaves.
>>
>>46967783
this is 100% correct, narset is a noob stomper and doesn't compare to the hyper competitive combo and control decks
>>
File: DragonJimProfit.jpg (47KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
DragonJimProfit.jpg
47KB, 375x523px
Just fitting it into a pokemon set I'd like to work on. Charizard should've been a dragon type from the very beginning and dragons should always be gold.
>>
>>46967937

Fuck off to your containment thread you autistic faggot.
>>
>>46967272
There are no cypher instants, every single one is a sorcery. They designed it so you couldnt sneak the spells past blockers unless you had an evasive creature (which are dimir's specialty.)

We can get rid of the time warp problems by putting in a cmc restriction, which would also prevent a whole lot of other broken shit.

Something like
"Soceries you control with cmc 3 or less have cypher. When ~ dies, destroy all encoded creatures you control.

This exemplifies 3 dimir atributes, evasive creatures, counterspells/protections, and efficient kill/draw spells.
>>
>>46967086
Experience counters? Get counters from... something, dunno, maybe the commander personally attacking unblocked. instants and sorceries with CMC less than/equal to experience counters have cipher.
>>
>>46967937
What a shitty uninteractive uninteresting piece of garbage. Please fuck off.
>>
>>46947225
Xenagod stronk.
>>
>>46968127
>>46968099
What about a creature or enchantment that says something about:
"X: exile target (instant) or sorcery from your graveyard. It becomes imprinted (ciphered) on target creature (you control). X is the converted mana cost of the spell."
>>
>>46960217
Mayael list ?
is always nice see others ideas
>>
>>46968928

http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/mayael-of-the-anima-2/

I feel like it still needs a lot of tweaking. I just sort of threw it together with what I had around, so it's still very much a wip.
>>
>>46968777
Is giving instants/sorceries cipher actually a good idea? Time warp with cipher sounds pretty bad
>>
>>46968777
I like the graveyard interaction but this doesn't solve the time warp problem. Also it allows for instant speed ciphering, which is against the flavor of cipher.
>>
>>46969299
It's honestly not a great idea. I cant imagine a way for it to be balanced without either being A: absurdly broken or B:completely unplayable.

The real problem is that cypher is pretty much the only non-mill dimir mechanic thats been developed (apart from various flavors of unbockable). Every time a UB card comes around in a cycle they've turned into mill because wotc are unimaginative shits.

How this happened i have no idea. Blue and black are the most versatile, creative and flexible colors in magic, you could probably invent a dozen different mechanics based on all the weird as fuck cards they have.
>>
>>46969513

Casuals love the shit out of mill though, and they buy the most packs.
>>
>>46962085
http://shop.tcgplayer.com/magic/planeshift/ertai-the-corrupted

Lightly Played - $0.70
>>
>>46969713

Plus shipping, some of us play on a budget and that is a LOT of money for a single card.
>>
>>46969729
...seventy cents plus shipping is a lot of money?

not sure if troll
>>
>>46969729
You do realize shipping is only 99 cents from the majority of vendors on TCG, right? If you can't afford $1.69 for a commander maybe you should re-examine some of your choices in life friendo
>>
>>46969745

Lets say shipping is only $2, which is on the low side. That is almost $3 for a single card, 2/3rds of which is just for shipping!? That is not a small amount of money for a person with a job and family, not all of us live at home and collect money from the government for our autism.
>>
>>46969771
>$3
>not a small amount of money

What third-world shithole do you live in?
>>
>>46969771
Jesus fuck just skip your McDonalds dollar menu lunch for a day
>>
>>46969790

I live in America you ignorant faggot, not everyone can just waste their moms cash on a fucking card game some people have bills to pay you fucking chodestool.
>>
>>46969771
...okay this has GOT to be a troll.

I know it's expensive taking care of your wife's son and all, but come on.
>>
>>46969829

CALLING ME A TROLL ARE YOU KIDDING ME?!
>>
>>46969810
If you can't fit three dollars into your budget you must be living on a fucking shoestring from paycheck to paycheck.
>>
>>46969810
Do you have a job?
>>
File: 1398843221342.jpg (28KB, 284x322px) Image search: [Google]
1398843221342.jpg
28KB, 284x322px
>>46969810
>not being able to pay bills AND invest cash in whatever you enjoy doing

Eat shit fast foodtard
>>
File: 1460150757133.gif (34KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
1460150757133.gif
34KB, 300x300px
>>46969834
>>
File: Trigglypuff drums.gif (950KB, 202x360px) Image search: [Google]
Trigglypuff drums.gif
950KB, 202x360px
>>46969862
>>
File: JonTronJimProfit1.jpg (61KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
JonTronJimProfit1.jpg
61KB, 1280x720px
>>46969790
For that much he can buy a booster box on some Chinese website for fifteen dollars.

Sure that specific card might be good for one deck, but I'd much rather buy bulk.
>>
>>46969810
$3 is not much. AT ALL. Now $300 if you needed to pay full shipping on every card for a brand new edh deck, yeah, but shop somewhere that combines your fucking shipping or goes free at some point. Pretty much everywhere does it. Hell, you say you're in america, shop fucking TCG player. I've NEVER seen shipping over 99 cents (it's usually less) and have never had to pay it for every card.
>>
lol poorfags
>>
>>46969654
i blame orriginal ravnica block actually. the block setup required them to solidify the color pair identities that theyve refused to budge from since. If ravnica never happened the color pairs would show up sparingly allowing them to shift and experiment with mechnics instead of being chained to "Boros swing! Dimir mill! izzet spellsling"
>>
>>46969902
Don't feed the troll.
>>
fuck me, is there a single troll on this Polynesian pottery board you shitheads wont fall for?
>>
>>46969977
jokes on you, I prefer Malaysian basket weaving
>>
>>46969916
Next Ravnica needs to have them change it up. Izzet artifacts, Dimir cipher or reanimate. No idea what the rest would do.
>>
>>46970001
>Next Ravnica

pls no
>>
>>46970024
It's inevitable. They might as well do it right.
>>
File: 1408667235134.gif (2MB, 1536x704px) Image search: [Google]
1408667235134.gif
2MB, 1536x704px
>>46970024
>Reset the series with Magic Origins
>not expecting to go back to Mirrodin, Ravnica, etc.

We're going back to Conspiracy next and you know we're going to Kamigawa again soon too. Nico Bolas hasn't been reintroduced in the new story-line so that also is inevitable. I hope the man who had slain Nico Bolas originally becomes a planes walker who hunts him from plane to plane.
>>
>>46970001
boros: burnlink (like soulfire grandmaster)
golgari gravespawn: get 1/1 saprolings based on number of creature in yard or whenever you kill an opponents creature.
rakdos: combine outpost siege and necropotence. pay 1 life, exile 1 card, play till eot. maybe pay 2 life if that's too broken.
>>
>>46969513
There is ninjutsu, too, which plays well with their many forms of evasion and is a pretty fun mechanic. Unfortunately named, though, like Bushido.
Both mechanics would be fine to be recycled if their names weren't so specific.
>>
>>46960557
>Grand Arbiter
>U/B

anon pleese
>>
Looking to sell some of my edh decks, what is the quickest/easiest way to price them out if they have foils/promos in them?
>>
>>46970216
Rakdos: Deathburn? Giving spells deathtouch?
>>
>>46971462
I think Hellbent was a cool mechanic, it would be great to have it in a block along with Madness, also maybe a mechanic to give Rakdos
>>
>>46970471
They should just recycle bushido and ninjutsu with new names, no one would complain.
>>
NEW THREAD

>>46971643
>>46971643
>>46971643
>>46971643
>>
>>46971656
Can we have a thread without this random person showing off his expendable income?
Thread posts: 326
Thread images: 54

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.